Speaker 1: Hello, dear listeners. Recently on the podcast, I admitted to my new obsession very dramatic audio retellings of stories found on Reddit listen. I know it's very specific, and are the stories real? Maybe? Maybe not? Probably not. No, of course they're not real, but we all find joy where we can get it nowadays. Well, when I admitted to this new fixation, we threw around the idea of me recording one in the same vein as the videos I watch for hours on YouTube. I'm so sorry, Susan, and so here it is, and I've recruited my co host to join in and play the other characters in the story. So, with no further ado and with a voice I'm going to make sound very dramatic, here is my fiance publicly humiliated me at our wedding as a prank. So I pulled a bigger one by canceling everything. Now she's begging for another chance. Ugh, I love these titles. I twenty eight mail was supposed to marry Vanessa, twenty seven female, the woman I thought was my soulmate. We'd been together for four years, and while I knew she had a thing for pranks and attention, I never thought she'd take it too far. Turns out I should have seen the warning signs. Vanessa had a habit of turning every serious moment into a joke. When I propose, she pretended to say no for five full minutes before laughing and finally accepting.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not never, Okay, I'll marry you. I guess.
Speaker 1: When I got a promotion, she made a big speech at the party about how I got lucky instead of acknowledging my hard work.
Speaker 3: Listen, he's a good guy, sure, I mean, but he has no idea what ell he's doing. I mean, dude, is lucky, no doubt about it. Talk about failing up anyway. Congrats babe.
Speaker 1: She always said it was just for fun, but it was always at my expense. Still, I loved her. I thought that's just who she is. But I started having doubts when her friends hinted at a big surprise she had planned for the wedding. When I pressed for details, they just laughed and said, oh, you'll see That set off alarm bells. I didn't know what she was planning, but I had a gut feeling it wouldn't be good. That's when I called my friend Mark, who happens to be a lawyer, and I told him I needed a little insurance. Together, we drafted a completely fake prenup, floated with legal jargon and one very specific clause.
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm Mark, and this is the fake prenup. If either party engages in public embarrassment of the other before the signing of this contract, all jointly planned financial obligations are immediately nullified and a public apology must be issued.
Speaker 1: Heck yeah. It was completely unenforceable, of course, but it looked real. I had it printed, signed and ready just in case Vanessa puled something. Then came the wedding. Everything seemed perfect until the moment we stood at the altar. Right before we were supposed to exchange vows. Vanessa grind took them microphone from the officiant and said, I have.
Speaker 3: A little surprise for my wonderful soon to be husband.
Speaker 1: She turned to the crowd and dramatically waved towards the doors.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen, let's give a warm welcome to the real love.
Speaker 1: Of my life. I froze. The guest turned in confusion as a man walked in Vanessa's x Jason. Vanessa beamed, come on, up, Jason. You didn't think I'd get married without my first love here, did you. Jason strode up to the altar, grinning. The crowd murmured in confusion. I felt like I was in a bad dream. Then Vanessa turned to me with the biggest smile and said.
Speaker 3: Babe, I just couldn't say I do without making sure Jason approved first. I mean, he was such a big part of my life, and well, we've been talking.
Speaker 1: A lot lately, talking a lot. Jason clapped me on the back and smirked, Hi, I.
Speaker 4: Sound like Mark, but I'm Jason. Now, relax, man, it was a joke. The bride'smaids laughed like this was the funniest thing in the world.
Speaker 1: But Vanessa wasn't done.
Speaker 3: Oh and just for fun, I had a little pole running among my bridesmaids. This whole time we were taking bets on whether I'd actually go through with the wedding or not.
Speaker 1: She whipped out her phone and showed me a group chat screens filled with laughing emojis, votes on whether she'd fake cold feet, and even bets on whether I'd cry at the altar.
Speaker 3: Ooh.
Speaker 1: The room went dead silent. My mother looked like she was about to faint. My father's face turned beat red. My best man just muttered, what the actual f I felt my hand shaking. Vanessa was standing there expecting me to just laugh it off.
Speaker 3: Oh come on, babe, lighting up. I mean, you didn't really think I was gonna leave you right?
Speaker 1: That's when I smiled, because I had the perfect response ready. The room was dead silent. Vanessa stood at the altar, grinning like she just pulled off the greatest prank in history. Her bridesmaids were still giggling. Jason was standing beside me like he belonged there, and half the guests were looking at me with pity in their eyes. I could feel my pulse pounding in my ears. My mother was clutching my father's arms, looking like she was about to cry. My best man Ryan looking like he was ready to swing at Jason and Vanessa. Oh Vanessa, she was still waiting for me to laugh along with her.
Speaker 3: Babe, come on, say something.
Speaker 1: I finally took a deep breath and smiled. Wow, I said, shaking my head, this is amazing. Vanessa beamed. She thought I was going along with it. She had no idea that I'd been ready for this moment. I turned to the officiant, Hey, do you have a table for signing the marriage license? I need to grab something. The officiant, he looked just as horrified as the rest of the guests, nodded and gestured towards a small table off to the side. I calmly walked over, pulled a black folder from my bag and held it up for everyone to see. Ladies and gentlemen, before we go any further, I'd like to share a document with my dear fiance. Vanessa tilted her head. Wait what, I slowly unclipped the folder and pulled out the fake prenup. Vanessa, I said, keeping my voice steady. I had a lawyer draft up a little agreement before the wedding, just a small precaution, you know, just in case you ever decided to do something like this. I held up the contract so the guests could see the official looking stamp at the bottom. Vanessa's face immediately lost its color.
Speaker 3: What the hell is that?
Speaker 1: Oh, just a little clause, I said, pretending to flip through the pages. See this part right here. It states that if either party engages in public humiliation before the signing of the marriage license, then all joint financial obligations like the wedding, honeymoon, and shared assets are immediately null and void. The guests gasped. Vanessa blinked rapidly.
Speaker 3: Wait that's not real.
Speaker 1: Oh it's very real, I said smoothly. It also requires the guilty party to issue a public apology right here in front of all of our guests. Jason snorted, dude, you can't be serious. This is a joke, right, I turned to him and smirked. Oh, I take pranks very seriously. Vanessa was starting to sweat.
Speaker 3: Babe, this is crazy. I mean, you're not actually mad, are you?
Speaker 1: I tilted my head. Why would I be mad, Vanessa? This is all hilarious. It's all part of the fun. Right, So here's my prank. I'm canceling the entire wedding dead silence. Her smile shattered. Wait what, Oh, don't look so shocked, I said, snapping the folder shut. You had your joke. Now it's my turn. Weddings off. The room exploded with whispers and gasps. The officiant awkwardly stepped back. Vanessa's face went from pale to bright red. You're joking, am I I said, turning to my best man, Ryan, would you do the honors? Ryan grinned and pulled out his phone. He tapped the screen and loud music blared, except instead of the traditional march, it was hit the road jack. Some guests laughed, some just stared in shock. And Vanessa, Oh Vanessa, she looked like she was about to hyperventilate.
Speaker 3: She hissed, you're not serious, No, no, you're not walking away.
Speaker 1: I grinned. I turned to my parents. I think we're done here. My mom nodded, and my dad immediately started telling guests that the wedding was over. Then I turned to Jason, who was still smirking like it was all a joke. Hey, Jason, I said, you like stealing other people's fiances, right, will congrats she's all yours. That wiped the smirk off his face. Vanessa whipped around Jason, tell him this is stupid. Jason, back me up.
Speaker 4: Uh, I think I'm gonna head out.
Speaker 1: Actually what he was already walking down the aisle. Now everyone was whispering. The bridesmaid's were awkwardly looking at their drinks. Some guests were laughing outright, and Vanessa, Dear. Vanessa looked like her entire world just collapsed.
Speaker 3: You can't just leave me like this.
Speaker 1: I turned back one last time. Vanessa, you love attention so much, Well, congrats, so you're getting it. And with that, I walked out of my own wedding, leaving her standing there alone, humiliated and exactly where she deserved to be. Walking out of that wedding was the best decision of my life. As I stepped outside, my best man followed, along with my parents and a handful of guests who wanted nothing to do with Vanessa after what she'd done. Behind me, she was still at the altar, screaming my name.
Speaker 3: We don't know this guy's name, so we're gonna call him Randolph. Randolph, Randolph, come back.
Speaker 1: But I didn't even turn around, mostly because my name isn't Randolph. It didn't take long for the fallout to begin. My phone blew up with texts and miscalls from Vanessa. At first, she acted confuse, as if she couldn't understand why I left. Then came the anger, curious messages about how I humiliated her and how she couldn't believe I would ruin the wedding over something so minor. She insisted it was just a joke and that I'd overreacted when I ignored her. She switched tactics, saying she would tell everyone I had abandoned her at the altar. That was rich, considering she was the one who had turned our wedding into a circus. But she hadn't counted on one thing. Receipts. My best man had screenshot at her bridesmaid's group chat before we left, that same chat, where they'd been placing bets on whether she actually go through with the wedding or fake cold feet. That alone destroyed any attempt she made to rewrite the narrative. Words spread quickly. People who had been at the wedding started talking. Guests who had been uncomfortable with what she did now had the full context and weren't afraid to share it. Within a few days, her reputation was in shambles. Her own parents called me, apologizing for what she'd done. Apparently they'd warn her not to pull any stunts at the wedding, but she hadn't listened. Even her friends, the ones who had egged her on, started distancing themselves when they realized how bad she looked. It was one thing to joke around, but publicly humiliating your fiance at your own wedding. No one wanted to be associated with that. Then came the financial consequences. Vanessa tried demanding I paid her back for the wedding cost. That was funny, considering I'd covered nearly everything. The venue, my card, the catering, my account, even the honeymoon trip she'd been so excited for booked under my name, and with one phone call, I canceled it all. She was left with nothing, no wedding, no honeymoon, no sympathy. A week later, she showed up at my door. Ha. I wasn't surprised. She looked exhausted, like she hadn't slept in days. It was clear that she finally realized just how badly she'd messed it all up. She tried to apologize.
Speaker 3: I hadn't meant for things to go so far. I never thought you'd actually leave. I still love you, if you just give me a second chance.
Speaker 1: I wasn't interested. I handed her an envelope and watched as she opened it with shaking hands. Inside was an invitation I'm not a real one, just a mock wedding rehearsal set for the same venue where she had so humiliated me. The date was today, and the guest list everyone who'd witnessed her stunt. There was no groom's name, just one simple note now or even. She looked up at me speechless. I didn't say a word. I just shut the door and walked away. Vanessa had wanted to turn our wedding into a joke. She got what she wanted, except the punchline was her own life falling apart. Vanessa never recovered from what happened. Her stunt went viral after someone shared clips from the wedding. People shredded her online, calling her the bride who Got Left as a joke, which, when you think about it, is a pretty terrible title. She lost job opportunities, friends, and even family support. Her bride'smaids abandoned her when they realized they'd be dragged down with her too. And Jason remember that guy. He wanted nothing to do with her. After the backlash, he ghoest tor removed on me. I thrived, I took time to heal, focused on my career and met someone who actually respected me. Meanwhile, Vanessa kept trying to reach out, emails, messages, even showing up at places she thought I'd be the last I heard. She was struggling financially and still single. She wanted a joke. She became a joke.