Speaker 1: Hey rain Drops. Yes, so I finally got merch. That's right.
Speaker 2: You can buy your allegedly and my boys mugs, T shirts, rain Drops, hoodies and T shirts all on Carlos Kingshop dot com.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Get your hoodies, your T shirts, and your mugs all on Carlos Kingshop dot com. Welco up to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos kings the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows, and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about.
Speaker 1: Hey rain Drops.
Speaker 2: On today's episode of Reality with the King, we are going to begin this episode with the breaking news that Caroline Manzo is suing Bravo with claims of sexual harassment by a CASTMATEE who is Brandy Glanville.
Speaker 1: Now what I'm.
Speaker 2: About to read, Honey, is all alleged Sierra cue the allegedly sound effect.
Speaker 1: Allegedly allegedly allegedly.
Speaker 2: So if you hear that baritone because you know, with me and my voice, child, when you hear the baritone of allegedly spread throughout this episode, honey, you're going to know why. Because these accusations are severe up in here.
Speaker 1: Let's get started.
Speaker 2: Former ra Housewives of New Jersey star Caroline Manzo is suing Bravo. She followed a lawsuit in New York City. She's suing Bravo, Forest Productions, NBC, Universal Media, Shed Media, US, and Peacock, claiming that the plaintiffs sacrifice in quotes, their cast members safety for their own ratings and profits. Caroline and Brandy Glanville were on a show that girl at this point will never see the light of day in my opinion of The Real Housewife Ultimate Girls Trip in Morocco. Now, on this podcast, we talked about these allegations that were in People magazine. Hey Dave Quinn who reported on it a year ago. This is before they wrapped filming. We learned about these allegations. I want to say the day after all of this alleged accusations happened. Okay, now it's official, because Caroline did file a lawsuit. In the lawsuit, Caroline is accusing the network of regularly providing the cast with alcohol to get them severely intoxicated, allegedly and then directing, encouraging, and allowing them to sexually harass other cast members because that is for good ratings.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, these are some strong allegations.
Speaker 2: According to the lawsuit, they are alleging that Brandy Glanville allegedly had a long history of sexually harassing people and was encouraged to do so. Oh boy, Okay, this is all what the lawsuit states. Now, Listen, I'm a lawyer. I do not have esquire after my name. So I'm just gonna read to y'all what some of these accusations in the lawsuit are claiming. All right, in the lawsuit, Child Caroline is talking about what happened on the Girls Trip. Okay, so this is what she is alleging. So remember on the Real Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip, we had Brandy Landbelt, Faedra Parks, Eva, Marcel, Caroline Manzo, Alex McCord, Vicky Galvison, and Camille Grammar and Gretchen Rassie. Damn, we won't be able to see Gretchen or Alex or Camille in my Florida Evans. Good Times voice, damn, damn, damn. Now, look, I'm of a particular age, so please let me know that you know what I'm talking about when I say the Good Time Show with Florida Evans.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, Caroline is saying.
Speaker 2: On the third day of the trip, while at a local Moroccan chef's home, Caroline is a legend that Brandy Gladvilt began making lewde gestures and sexual comments, and when Manzoe spoke to Brandy, allegedly her cast makes cursed at her and told her she.
Speaker 1: Would quote unquote do what the blank she wanted.
Speaker 2: According to the lawsuit, Manzo alleged that on that same night, an intoxicated Brandy spread Manzo's legs and laid her head on her inner thigh, with Caroline pulling away and moving to the other end of the couch. Honey, There's more. The suit also says, and I quote that Brandy was exerting her dominance over Manzo. Brandy allegedly followed Manzo and set right next to her on the couch. Caroline is alleging that Brandy kissed her multiple times before forcibly holding her down, squeezing her cheeks, and sticking her tongue.
Speaker 1: In her mouth while humping her.
Speaker 2: The suit alleged that Brandy is a foot taller than Caroline and heavier, making it hard for Caroline to free herself, which she eventually did. Oh boy, okay, rain drops. There's more. According to the suit, again, this is all alleged. Caroline alleged that not long after that, Brandy came into the bathroom with two other housewives from the New York cast and inappropriately touch her, eventually her against the door and pushing Caroline's hand away from the lock. According to the suit, Caroline alesged she called for help multiple times, but no one came. The suit also alleged that producers listened to the interaction on audio and sent one of the producers to the door to investigate, but the producer did not open the door or do anything to stop be assault. Caroline says she was finally let out of the bathroom by one of the New York City housewives after she saw what was happening.
Speaker 1: There's more.
Speaker 2: According to Caroline, allegedly, when she got back to her room, two producers came in and asked her what happened in the bathroom. She says she began to cry and told them what happened, asking not to be left alone with Brandy. The lawsuit states that Manzo was scared for her safety and well being. Caroline alleged that Brandy sent her a text message apologizing for her behavior the night before, to which she did not respond. Manze said filming continued with Brandy present and she was uncomfortable, noting that Brandy was complaining that Caroline had accused her of sexual assault. Manzoe alleged she was told that Brandy was being removed from the Desert and Villa property to stay at a nearby hotel. Caroline alleged and said that two of the producers told her Brandy's actions were her way of showing love and they wanted her to meet with Brandy. According to the lawsuit, the defendants were more focused on the continuation of the show rather than the health and well being of Manzo after she was sexually assaulted. Caroline alleged that she was and I quote disgusted at how her sexual assault and its aftermath were being used for entertainment purposes and put her other castmates in danger.
Speaker 1: Effacing the same sexual.
Speaker 2: Harassment and assault, Caroline said she left the production early, she said that producers were still trying to film her and Caroline's words in the lawsuit for the drama. The lawsuit cides other incidents of sexual assault and harassment of other housewives during the several seasons Brandy was on and on the seasons.
Speaker 1: Of Ultimate Girls Trip.
Speaker 2: The lawsuit says the defendants allowed Brandy's behavior because it helped their ratings and quotes, regardless of who who was hurt. Those are some very strong accusations and it's very very disturbing to read those things. I've said this once and I'll say it again. I worked on the first two seasons of the Real Housewives of New Jersey. I know Caroline Manzel personally, regardless of how you may feel about Caroline, and I wasn't there, so I don't know what happened child. As a journalist, my job is to report on the story and not insert my opinion, right, But what I will say is, as somebody who has worked with Caroline on the first two seasons of New Jersey Housewives, she's a very conservative woman. And I don't mean just her political beliefs, I mean her demeanor who she is as a woman, as a mother, as a wife. She's very conservative. She doesn't party, she doesn't hang out. She's very conservative, and reading this, my heart goes out to Caroline. It's very sad and nobody should have to experience that, So my heart goes off to Carolina. So obviously, you know Brandy Glanville is somebody who will always speak her mind.
Speaker 1: And she did that.
Speaker 2: On Twitter, where Child is called X now the alphabet X the letter X on the artist formerly known as Twitter yes on X. Brandy responded to an article that spoke about the incident. She called it and I quote character assassination, saying the producers are the ones who encourage alcohol use on set. She also posted asking them to air the new season of Ultimate Girl's Trip so that she could be vindicated. Brandy, girl, I would be shocked if they air that season. Honey, I don't think it's going to air. I did read elsewhere that they made they want to air it so that they could be vindicated.
Speaker 1: I don't know. There's a lawsuit alleging sexual assault.
Speaker 2: Listen to my opinion, Child, I don't think we will ever see it. These are some very disturbing allegations. When you file a lawsuit and We'll see how far this goes. More than likely they're going to ask to confiscate the footage so that they can use that as evidence. So in order for this lawsuit to either be dismissed or to be held in court, more than likely they have.
Speaker 1: To see the footage.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, it wouldn't make sense to air it because you have to use the footage to defend these claims. Whether or not that will be the cause of this, we don't know whether or not this would be settled out of court. Obviously, Caroline and her relationship with the network is nonexistence at this point. Brandy Glanville's future on the network. We shall see what happens. My opinion is, I just don't think you will see Brandy back on the network. My opinion, will you see Brandy back in unscripted television.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: It's hard to say. I mean, look, let's call a spade a spade. Okay, Brandy is great television. Brandy is great television because she speaks her mind, she's she's a fun girl. Brandy does appear, and again, I've never worked with Brandy, so I'm only telling you what these two eyeballs see on television.
Speaker 1: Child Brandy allegedly.
Speaker 2: Appears to have a very interesting relationship with alcohol as it relates to her time on television.
Speaker 1: I don't know well she does in personal life, and I'm not here to talk about that. She's a great mom. We've seen that, so again, personal life.
Speaker 2: I don't know Brandy and I'm not here to add on to any sort of comments about Brandy's use of alcohol. I don't know her like that. I'm only talking about what I see on television, and I think we all can agree that she's great TV. She's a fun girl when she is on camera. She is wild, she's free, she's fun. She does drink a lot, and I think her the castmates have even said that does that extend in her personal life with all cameras, I don't know. I don't know, and I'm not here to judge her. So when you think about her role on unscripted television, some people may feel like Brandy is a liability.
Speaker 1: The question is can.
Speaker 2: You hire Brandy to do a job without her feeling the need to drink? And I think that's something that only Brandy can answer for herself. Once again, she's fantastic television, and these allegations are very serious and it's very disturbing, and I just.
Speaker 1: Don't know what her future lies.
Speaker 2: My opinion, I don't think you will ever see Brandy Umbravo again.
Speaker 1: I think maybe be a long time.
Speaker 2: A lot of people who are in the business have said to me, well, Carlos, do you think if Brandy is able to show the world she's sober and you can follow her sobriety again? I don't know how Brandy acts when the cameras aren't around. So I don't like to perpetuate a stereotype of because she appears to drink a lot on camera, that that translates into her personal life. I think only Brandy herself can answer that. I think Brandy has to figure out her place on television. I don't know if Brandy feels the need to have liquor courage in order to give us great television. I just don't know what we saw when she was on the Real Housewats of Billy Hills. Let's be mother e f and clear, Brandy clocked in and got those girls to work. She's great television. You cannot take that away from her. She brought something to the Real Housewots of Billy Hills.
Speaker 1: That was like whoa.
Speaker 2: She clocked in because she was the anti suburban housewife and we enjoyed it. We did see a few things with Brandy there we felt like, oh, okay, ms mamas, you may be doing the most. I mean when she slapped Lisa Vanda Pump, I felt it was uncalled for and I felt like she was doing the most to make great television instead of just being herself, because I think Brandy being herself is great TV. Her last full time season of The Real House Swots of Billy Hills, I felt that Brandy was doing the most that season, and I felt that Brandy was just thirsty for making a moment. I mean, she threw a drink at Eileen Davidson, an Emmy Award winning iconic, legendary honey, legendary soap opera actress, threw a drink in her face. What in the love and Hip Hop vander Pump Rules is going on here? In one season, she threw a drink on Eileen Davidson and slapped Lisa vander Pump. So again, I think Brandy goes too far when it comes to making great television. And I'm only basing this off of her last full time season on the Real Housewives of Billy Hills. I don't know what happened to Morocco. We haven't seen it chiw we ain't gonna see it allegedly, So I.
Speaker 1: Ain't talking about her behavior there. I wasn't their child.
Speaker 2: I'm only talking about what I see on the television, you know, the television.
Speaker 1: Baby that was wild.
Speaker 2: And it's no surprise that was her last season because for me, I felt that the cast members rallied around each other and said she's doing too much.
Speaker 1: We don't mind her making great television.
Speaker 2: The Lisa Renna throwed drink at Kim Richards, absolutely, but I think the cast felt like, Okay, that was warranted. Kim Richards was, you know, going to talk about the husbands, so they felt like, well, she that's warranted. Don't talk about my husband. Child.
Speaker 1: But Eileen Davison having a good drink thrown.
Speaker 2: At her at that table was not called for. Lisa Van der Pump getting a slap in her face was not called for, And I was not surprised that she was not as back next season because I do feel like those girls said she's doing the most and she's making us uncomfortable. And when it comes to Caroline, in my opinion, this must have been a very hurtful experience for her, because I do know that Caroline adores her relationship with the network, So for her to sue them and not sue Brandy and a lot of people are saying, well, you know, why didn't she sue Brandy?
Speaker 1: My opinion, allegedly is the.
Speaker 2: Fact that I don't think Caroline wanted to sue a single mother who doesn't have the means to handle a lawsuit.
Speaker 1: Allegedly, that's my opinion.
Speaker 2: I think Caroline wanted to spare Brandy and all of this and instead go for the big dogs.
Speaker 1: Let's just say that.
Speaker 2: So what we do know, Child, is you won't see Caroline back on the network Child after this, Honey. One thing about Caroline, she was very comfortable not being on television. Caroline has never appeared to be thirsty. She always had fun filming Jersey Housewives and understood the assignment, and when it was time for her to go, she left. She has told us that the network did ask her back several times on New Jersey in a friend of role, and she felt like I am more than a friend of I'm a full time housewife. If that's what you want, make me full time and pay me full time. And she declined, you gotta respect it. That goes to show you, miss think ain't thirsty, honey, That Brownstone is still collecting millions honey.
Speaker 1: Yes, Caroline, Yeah, Caroline.
Speaker 2: Doesn't need the money. The Brownstone is still very lucrative, Darling. So that's where things are with it. And again there's tons of accusations about what's gonna happen with the show, what isn't going to happen. Like I said, reading this made me sad because again I don't feel no one should go through that. Let's be very clear. And again my heart goes out to Caroline based on what I read, and Brandy is saying that, you know, there's more to the story. Brandy has accused producers of egging her on. Allegedly, Brandy has exposed text messages with producers, and the text messages that she exposed I believe it was on the night of the incident, or at least on the trip. So I want to be able to also use his opportunity to make sure that Brandy's voice is heard too in this and this is what she has said now, first of all, before I meet the text messages, this is what she has said in her tweets leading up to it. Okay, Brandy has said producers may not shove the alcohol down our throats, but they sure do encourage it, even in Morocco during the day where it's illegal to drink. Okay, and the text messages, she blocked out the producer's name and in this text message that was texting her on January twenty fourth, twenty twenty three, at four twenty eight in the morning, who try y'all up that lake? I go to bed at eleven thirty five, Yes, thirty five pm. The alleged text from the producer says, you, Vicki and Eva should pull Faeder aside to talk about your drinking game set up for today while at the Spice Market. When she posted that text exchange, Brandy said in another tweet, it is completely illegal to rock around a spot, ice market and the shopping areas in Morocco with water bottles filled with vodka. She claimed that there are designated places that you are allowed to drink and it's mostly at night. She also alleged that the butler in Morocco was told to flirt with her specifically, according to Brandy, she tweeted, I asked him if he had a girlfriend. He said yes, and I told him not to do it, and I did not participate. He was lovely and I did not want his life ruined. What's also interesting is the let me get my facts, ray child. You know it's a journalist. I gotta make sure I get names and places right, child, because there's another lawsuit from the Ultimate Girls Trip season that Brandy was on, and this one I believe is from the butler. Yes, so the butler on the Real high Wise Ultimate Girl's Trip.
Speaker 1: This is season two when I.
Speaker 2: Believe the girls were at Derinda's place in the Hamptons.
Speaker 1: His name is Marco Vega.
Speaker 2: The butler on the second season of The Real Housewives Ultimate Girl's Trip filed a lawsuit alleging he was sexually assaulted by cast members Brandy and Phedra. In the suit, he says it was miss Glanville, who on the Real Housewives Ultimate Girl's Trip in the Berkshires sexually harassed and abused him. He's alleging sexual deband honey and harassing conduct so look, it just doesn't look good for Brandy. And again, I wasn't there. I don't know what happened. I'm here to report the news to the rain drops so that you guys can have a better understanding of this. What I would like to know is and y'all let me know by responding to me on my Spotify Q and a tweet me how at your boy? Do you think that we will ever see the Real Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip Morocco Edition? I would like to know your thoughts about this lawsuit. Is Brandy's relationship with Bravo severed forever?
Speaker 1: Let me know?
Speaker 2: Respond to me and as more breaking news hit, you know where to find me.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: New episodes dropped on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality Withtheking dot com and be sure to follow me at Deep Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and yes, baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions. Yes, and don't forget tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode. Using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment. It is produced by Sierra Spragley rix An executive produced by me Carlos King, Kingdom Reign Entertainment, Baby