Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Hecma Harrison and New he Scrugs.
Speaker 4: Hey, Hey, let's go players, Players Lounge.
Speaker 5: Baby here man we hear man have Monday Monday, a non victory Monday here and a rainy, rainy day here in Frisco, Texas.
Speaker 4: Star s WBC podcast Studio is the Player's Lodge, brought to you by Aristocratic Gaming. He is Heck Harrison, he is Barry Church, I have New he Scruggs. The Cowboys have lost again.
Speaker 6: Okay was that three? Is that three straight?
Speaker 4: Yes? Yes? No, Now you know the unfortunate part coming from NFL media.
Speaker 6: No, don't say dok.
Speaker 4: Prescott has a hamstring injury and we'll miss multiple weeks. We do not know. Head coach Miya McCarthy will have a press conference at the top of the hour. We will get more specifics about the quarterback of America team. So Cooper rush time. We don't know for how long. Here's one for you guys. When do you decide to play Tree Lance, if this season is going away?
Speaker 7: Is going.
Speaker 4: If the quarterback who's all caught on camera saying we fing up, he did say that. He did say that to Trey Lance. We know what Cooper Rush can do? Yes?
Speaker 6: Was it four to one two years ago for one?
Speaker 4: So so if he can't keep the ship from sinking, when do you go to see if there's anything?
Speaker 2: Which just ask I give them if I'm if I'm the Boys and I'm in charge of making these type of decisions, I give Cooper Rush about two games.
Speaker 6: What's the next two games? Philadelphia and in Houston?
Speaker 2: Right, you know, good competition, two of the better teams in their division. You got Philly that's the second place, right now, you got Houston. I believe's in the first place in the AFC South. So if he's able to go out there and get to victories against those teams, then I let them ride. Go ahead, see what we can do with this. But if he struggles in both of those contests, then I think you've got to see what Trey Lance got. I think you got to see what he can do out there. I mean, preseason, we got a glimpse of what he can do. He wasn't playing with the starters, and you know it was a little rocky at first. You know he was using his legs a lot, but he did, you know, use his arm in occasions. He saw a little bit of it here and there, sprinkles of it. But I think you gotta see what he can do if you lose these next two games, because if you lose these next two games, you wet three and seven, three and seven, that that's a nail in the coffin. It's over, it's a rap, kiss the baby, whatever you want to call it. The season is done at that point. So once that happens, I think you've got to go to Trey Lance to see what he got, what he can provide. Maybe he can provide a little spark and maybe you see what he can go into next season. But I think that's in time when you got to you gotta bring Tray Lance along at that point.
Speaker 8: Man, you can ride with Cooper Rush because you know what he does. You's he's a proven backup. He's given you quality minutes, uh in quality games when Dak has gone down with an injury. And right now you may get a second chance of providing some value for your third quarterback if Cooper Rush, like you said, doesn't play well, or you have an opportunity now to insert him into a game in some packages period, you know, and so uh to me, I think this is a this is the situation that you absolutely did not need at this point in the season. With the and I went back. I kept, I keep looking at the tape to find out how you know that the hamstring injury happened. You know, I'm not a quarterback savant by any means, but it just seemed like me, you know, sneezing in the shower, blowing him up back out, you know, like one of those things. Just how did that happen? It's off balance, he throws the ball and then it's you know, something happens in his hamstring. Man, I just think this, this, this just just heightens how weird this season has been. When Dak you know, it strains his hamstring throwing the ball, it's uh, it's just one of those It's one of those things. Offensively, we have to get some fire, some something ignited from somewhere. Seventy five was my number in the running game. I talked about it. Man, you gotta get seventy five. Ric o'dalla went out and got you seventy five, and still the passing game didn't give you anything, not nothing else. And so you know, Cooper Rush came in, he did complete some long passes, and if Dak is heard or even on the fringe at this point, I still say put Cooper Rush in there because I don't want to.
Speaker 4: I don't want him to tear it.
Speaker 2: And in this situation, let me throw something that y'all real quick, Let's just say after those two games, you throw lands in the game.
Speaker 6: You know, for the remainder of the season, he plays well.
Speaker 2: Let's just say he plays you know good enough, you lot on tape that he's playing well. Could you then in turn throw a tag on him and open it up for trades that way you can get some picks?
Speaker 6: Could you? Could you then do that if it was that situation, because you know, he ain't gonna first that comes back, he ain't gonna play here here.
Speaker 4: First off, you're talking about a tag, Yeah, can you? But isn't there there's.
Speaker 6: Another tags besides this franchise.
Speaker 8: Isn't there well, I don't know anyone that is just not the quarterback tag. You're gonna have to take the median of all the highest paid quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: Here's you throw a tag on that, dude run inside it. Well yeah, yeah, that's but like thirty something, I mean, you can't, you can't.
Speaker 2: Afford don't move that fast. He's done after this year. Yes, contract, he's a free agent. Cooper Rush is a free agent.
Speaker 4: And I say this in the lens of Dak's gonna miss multiple weeks. We see where this thing is going. God bless Cooper Rush. He's not a magician, and all of a sudden, this blocking is gonna get better. And this is what this is. So if you're seeing what Trey Lance has, and if Trey Lance shows you something with Dak Prescott being injured again, you're going to have to start to think about who's our backup quarterback? Who is because both guys are going to be free agents, and if Trey Lance has anything and you want to build, I mean, I just asked the question because right now you are getting to the point where you better figure out what what do we have for twenty five?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's gonna be interesting in twenty five because there's a lot of cancer that's gonna want some bread other than you know, these backup quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: I'm free agents a lot.
Speaker 8: That's that's where That's where I point to is the fact that you have so many free agents, a lot of one year guys, a lot of expiring contracts, and as tomorrow gets draws nearer, I think you start to see I would hope that you start to see movement with those first and foremost the guys that have those expiring contracts. Like it's a it's a pickle. And when it comes down to the quarterback position, I just look at Cooper Rush as the guy that is proven, that has shown you that was the Chase Daniels the quarterback. There's a backup forever in the n fourteen years. He's just like a journeyman backup quarterbacks South Carol. Cooper Rush is that dude to me here, Cooper Rush is the dude, Hey, stand over here and make your millions.
Speaker 4: Hold a clipboard.
Speaker 8: If we need you, you could come in here and give this guy so give us some quality games. He's done that for you before four and one. In situations and instances, you can't trust the latter to say that you know, he could be that guy that could come in and fill in games for us. I mean, who else do you have at the quarterback? Because it's Brian Anger? How do you talk about it?
Speaker 4: And I'm not I'm not here. I could judge Cooper Rush on his bill. We know what he could do, yes, yes, we know it. But he's not going to be able to fix this thing, you know. So, So for the for the fans out there, oh I got rid of Dacres stop. Cooper Rush is not gonna be the elixir here. It's this thing is too big for Cooper Rush or anybody fix too many holes.
Speaker 2: It's bigger than me. By ain't no way. There is very much Nino Brown understands. This thing is bigger than me.
Speaker 4: If I'm going down taking a whole lot of people, and now a whole lot of people right now the ship be sinking. But as I look at the sinking ship, you must think of what about twenty twenty five as you decide who do we want to start to bring back the hack? When you bring up a very good point, the trade deadline is tomorrow. Who would you like to possibly move on? Because Jerry said after the game we could have some stuff in mind. No, no, who do you move on who do people want? That's the biggest thing on a one year deal, Who do they want? What are you really getting?
Speaker 2: You really don't got one person in mind that could you know, garner some attention, and that's to me is George Lewis. I mean, he's playing phenomenally at that slot cornerback. Then you can help out a lot of teams in the.
Speaker 6: National Football League.
Speaker 2: So that's the one guy that comes to mind that you may be able to get that has value that you might.
Speaker 6: Be able to get something back for. And maybe Old Diggi.
Speaker 8: Zoo, maybe Old Diggie Zoo, maybe Flashy, maybe Cooks. You have some guys in the wide receiver room as well. I mean, you're getting nothing at this point. And I've been on the fence when it comes down to all right, one guy ain't gonna fix it. You know that you're gonna have to get rid of some contracts. You got to bring some guys in that can help. To me, it's just I'm still in a position when I look at the NFC East and I look at Philadelphia, I'm sorry, I don't I look at that Teamak and Barkley did something out standing yesterday, but overall, I'm looking at that team saying, come on, now, they can be got this. This is not that they're not world beaters. And even when I look at the Commanders that the games that they won, I'm like, look, these guys are not world beaters. You may have a chance, but you're so bad right now. You're so bad right now. No, no, but you're so bad right now that you you can't even fool yourself to say, all right, we can get into a particular situation with these guys and we may be able to squeak out a win based off of what I mean. This game to me is we talked about it all last week came down to how many times they were going to rush the ball? Was Atlanta gonna fool themselves into throwing the ball a lot? And I think we both were right because they ran the ball thirty times that they threw the ball, completed nineteen passes for twenty four, so pretty balanced attack. They didn't rush, they didn't have four hundred yards a four hundred yard day on.
Speaker 4: Into one hundred on the nose. Come on that and it's just wow to.
Speaker 2: Me that once again, stuff that we talked about last week in San Francisco reared its ugly head in Atlanta.
Speaker 4: What is going on with the communication in the back end?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 4: What these these are? These are better than guys.
Speaker 2: These are guys that can get the job done. Zero cover, throw zero out out the just throw the coverage out the door.
Speaker 4: Take that zero and toss it in the flames. What are we doing you?
Speaker 2: You know what's coming when you're in a zero coverage when the receiver splits her that tight. Why are we all on the same level. It's a pick route waiting to happen. Broke all this down last week and the same thing happened once again, not once, but twice happened to a veteran player, all pro player.
Speaker 8: Here in the secondary. We had it, Corres, we had correct How do you not say this? You pressed the point and the two guys.
Speaker 4: What are we doing in the secondary?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 11: That's a problem, guys. Man, man, Look, this is how you get here. It's this is this is.
Speaker 4: How you get here, and it's it's it's sad to watch. There's nine more weeks of this. Oh yeah, the quarterback is out for multiple weeks, according to reports. We'll see exactly what the wide receiver is doing that that pick play with Diggs is out there, and I mean it was, it was, it was. It was sad to watch the presept penalties. What seven of it? Yeah, seven of them the fourth and one and they try to hand it off to see that you can't get one yard one yard tile? Guy? Who that's what my man anger in that situation. There's gotta be a guy that say, you know what this this look we're getting right here. Kill kill. It's not it, let's kill kill put this kill.
Speaker 6: You know, hey, my boy, see that I got this.
Speaker 2: I got you know you throw it up, baby, I got this. Man, Come on, man, you see that.
Speaker 4: That was so bad.
Speaker 8: That was I think that was the one player in the game that just, you know, you want to kick something or push something over. When it happens, it's like, man, we we didn't just do that. We did It's no way we just did that fourth. And it's gonna go for put your office back, handing off the lifty or something, doing do something else. And and I guess my thing is and I'm waiting for to hear from Mike McCarthy because I know that they're gonna ask the question, you know, do you because he has veto power No, we're not gonna do that. I mean, they have to signal him in his head said to say that this is what hey, we got our look, this is what we're about to do. He knows that this doesn't work at this point in the game. What this looks like, how bad this is gonna be? The field position that you're about to give up. You know exactly what this is. And it's like, if you're just playing the percentages, you could talk about coaches coaching each and every week, how the coaching is an art form. But then there are other things that happen in the course of a game that make you say, there's no way, there's no way that y'all prepared all week zero coverage and then this happens to you that you have ten men on the field, then this is another one they got ten men, or or that we're gonna go away from one running back insert another running back and then we have twelve men in the huddle. It's like, it's things like that that happen through the course of a football game that even if you don't know anything about it, you have to put that on the head of the coach and say, come on, now, you that's in preparation. That's in how you get your team ready to play this game. Look the first play, the absolute first play from scrimmage, Atlanta runs that zone, read that zone run right man de Marvin Overshawan.
Speaker 2: Takes off after it. I'm like, oh, yeah, defense ready. Robinson just goes back the other way.
Speaker 4: I was crazy.
Speaker 8: I'm like, how how even when we are everybody's in position, they're still able to rattle off a seven eight yard run like that?
Speaker 7: To me?
Speaker 8: That to me, and this guy's like, Eric Hendricks is the you know, the linebacking cord that I sit back and I go, man, I know these guys are each and every week with ice packs on their neck, going, how the heck did we get here?
Speaker 4: How did we get here? How did it get from this?
Speaker 8: Because you can't you couldn't have projected that this production on defense would have had this steep of a decline.
Speaker 4: It's a steep man. It hurts. It hurts the watch, It hurts to watch, It hurts to say.
Speaker 8: It hurts to say that a team that was number one on offense last season now that the office looks completely disjointed and out of balance.
Speaker 6: I still still I can't believe throw back shoulder face.
Speaker 4: Yes, let me get that back shoulder face going, let's get that first down? Baby? What are we doing? Ladies and gentlemen, what that's that's that's the fourth down. That's it.
Speaker 2: That's the fourth fourth and one and you do a back man? Is that the play where Big Mike through the through the set down? N he do it on the fourth and one to CD that that's what he threw it down then digging block right and then they ran to play again later on and it worked. But but it's like, that's that's when you know, it's like fourth and one. You're gonna go on a jet suite with CD on a fourth and one. I gotta get it, like even I got. And it's official with this, with this this, it's official with this old line. It's it's you had the worst rush or the roast worst pass rush defense in the National Football League as far as pressures and sacks, sacks in the first quarter and you running for his life the whole game. How many they finished with three? They finished with three And this is the worst pass rush in the National Football thirty second look like, here's some force I'm up there.
Speaker 4: What looking at they chops? I I was, I was, It's a rap for me. It's bad. It's bad. Office of Office Jackson went in. They put on the seventy five, Joe Green, Jersey White fifty four. I mean, like, what do we what are we doing? What is this?
Speaker 7: What is this?
Speaker 4: What is this?
Speaker 7: But the U.
Speaker 4: What's our confidence level? The coaching staff? Let's answer that question when we come back with Hack Maharrison, Barry Church, I'm going to be strugged. This is the players lines brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 6: Come back with some positivity.
Speaker 12: Hey, their Cowboys Nation and Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels, Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a proud sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l E r for twenty one over.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 13: Prescott kitts it slide for the first down.
Speaker 10: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com perth.
Speaker 13: Pickthrow My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 12: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Boys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 4: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 12: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy wpball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 4: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 12: That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 4: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 6: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 8: Head to AT and T Stadium to experience Rally Days presented by seat Geek on Saturday, November ninth from ten am to two pm. Get ready to cheer on your Dallas Cowboy, that your Dallas Cowboys with tours of AT and T Stadium, autographs from the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, ticket giveaways, games, and more. Visit att Stadium dot com slash Rally Days to get your tickets today.
Speaker 4: Thank you heck Maherrison Player's Lounge. On a Monday, Cowboys lose again. Barry Church is here with us. I'm new. We struggled, so we'll get to Ezekiel Elliott here in a minute in the segment. But what is the confidence level now in the head coach Mike McCarthy. His contract is up after the season. Dennis Allen of the Saints was fired today. They lost to Carolina, they beat Arlington, when here's everything here and win another game. I mean you lost to the pants who put Bryce Young back in the start lineup by winning games. But like he was in Alabama one more time, so he was fired. So so that's the second fireing got Robert solid with the Jets. Gun Dennis Allen, gun Jerry say he's not firing Mike McCray, but just right now, after what you saw on Sunday thought, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, my confidence level it's extremely low, extremely low right now because what he's in charge of has not, you know, panned out offensively. I understand last year was last year great offense. This year you're head of the offense. You got one of the worst offices in the National Football League, not only red zone but just overall one of the worst offenses International Football League.
Speaker 6: You're head of game.
Speaker 4: Management as well, and at the end of the day, you may say, you know, hey, that.
Speaker 6: Wasn't my call to go special stays, whatever do you're.
Speaker 2: The head coach, that's that's your decision making, all right, that not only the decision to throw the fake punt or do the East West reverse on fourth and one, but you're setting your defense up who's already struggling.
Speaker 4: With short fields.
Speaker 2: I mean that these are the decisions that come down on the head coach, and he hasn't been doing a great job all season long when it comes to that. Now, with that being said, you know, after the game was over, Jerry came down and something that happened was he you know, went in there and it gave a speech to the team. That's something that you don't want that to happen if you're a head coach or a player. I was twenty ten, mister Jones did the same thing. Came into the speech to us because we were playing God awful and as soon as that speech was done, somebody had to go, and we all know it was it was coach Wade. He had went and gone, all right, So those that's what you don't want to happen. You don't want your owner to have to come down and address the team. It's okay if he addresses the media out there after the game. But when he comes in and addresses the team, yeah, that's something that you don't want to have happened. So to me, my confidence overall is just extremely low. And you could tell the frustrations around this whole building that it ain't ain't good.
Speaker 6: Brother, it ain't good.
Speaker 4: It ain't good. I'm glad.
Speaker 8: I'm glad you addressed it because I thought that was one of those like, you know, moments.
Speaker 4: Want yeah, you don't want to see that.
Speaker 8: But Barry Well, I mean I look at what just what has happened around the league this year, and we've seen coaches get fired already. For less, just started in New York with Robert Sala, who is the defensive coordinator and the head coach. But his defense was performing well. But the other side of the ball was it with guys that he appointed because of the quarterbacks and he ends up getting canned for that. Dennis Allen in the situation with the Saints, he's you know, look, things are not panning out and organizations are just moving on. I look at I look at Mike McCarthy, and as much as as I have admired his his career, I looked at a guy that was doomed from the beginning, walking into the season without a contract. Everybody knew that. Look at things didn't get off to a great start. What the rumblings were going to be. And we're already there laying Doug hot see whatever else you want to put on top of it. Guys already talking about interviewing for his job through the medium. We got a lot of that going on. And if you're if you're Mike McCarthy, you've got to be sitting there. You know I'm not, you know, his pillow talking at Night's got to be baby, I've been set.
Speaker 6: Up to fail.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 8: This is a tough one to have to overcome, especially when you can go back and look at the tape and see your players not playing one hundred percent up to their potential. How do you rate that as a coach when you're like, dude, I've seen you do this one hundred times and you're gonna do it like that now? Like it's look, you're not setting your defense up for any success with the play calling. I mean it looks rather similar to some play calling that we've had in the past. Herky Jerker, you know, rhythm to it. None of those things, and you want to call it personnel changes. We said last week you're gonna have to change something within your scheme coming into this game, because the way that you played the week before, that ain't it. Playing against Detroit, that ain't it. That's not gonna have you get you any success. What do you turn around to do you throw the ball fifty times? You throw the ball fifty times, And that to me is just basically saying, look, we have no continuity as an offense. Your offensive line isn't giving you anything. Your receiving corps is very in us, it's inconsistent, and teams have already told you have already said we have one philosophy when we come in to play the Dallas Cowboys is take away ceedee lamb and let everybody else do they thing. And why they haven't been able to scheme around that, I don't know. But it's a tough position to be in as a coach. He can't make any changes, and at this point, I dare say that probably the players that's on the roster right now don't believe him.
Speaker 6: Can anything save him right now?
Speaker 2: I mean, I know a ton of injuries, but all your stars have been gone you know, now you're losing your quarterback.
Speaker 6: Is that something that you know.
Speaker 2: If theason comes around and can say no, it's over with the playoff.
Speaker 4: The playoff loss damaged it. Remember now we were all we were doing podcasts, were wondering was he going to be the coach for a while. So that was that was talked about. So he decided to keep him. But hey, no contract for you, no contract for anybody else on the staff. So right there, it was a fire. It was a small fire because you're like, hey, you know, one year deal. What's going on with a little fire there, But you can't throw logs on it each week with the pre snap penalties, guys don't know where to go. But you're just throwing logs on the fire, making it bigger. So that part of Mike Heckmer, that's where you got to look at it. You're not doing yourself any favors with what's been going on and how you've been coaching the team.
Speaker 2: We got to go back to fundamentals. I mean, man, this is bad when you go back.
Speaker 8: Guys, when you think about this team two years ago, all right, coming off the first twelve and five season, you felt as though you were on the brink of a breakout season that we were building the teams. Everybody was doing to look at this roster deal, you know, see where the talent is. And the Cowboys roster always came out. You said, this is one of the more talented rosters in the NFL. The coaching was there doing those seasons. How much of the responsibility falls on the players? Because if you talk, if I just go back to green Bay last year, that green Bay game where you're on a role in winning games at home, and you come out and you play like that, your defense.
Speaker 4: Plays like that.
Speaker 8: I mean, no matter how you would have executed that day, green Bay would have beat you with your best and their best because you couldn't stop them.
Speaker 4: How much of it do you put on the players too?
Speaker 8: I know Mike McCarthy's going to be the scapegoat no matter what, right, but how much of it do you put.
Speaker 4: On the players?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: You gotta put a lot on the players.
Speaker 2: And we talked about it because these guys have underperformed across the board.
Speaker 6: When you look at a defensive.
Speaker 2: Line wise underperformed, second level linebackers, wide receivers, even the quarterback has underperformed from.
Speaker 6: What we were used to seeing from these guys.
Speaker 2: But I think what hurts Mike McCarthy once again in this light is you have to take a look at these ls and these l's that are at home and on primetime games.
Speaker 4: He's getting embarrassed. Todd Archer, and I would when I would defend McCarthy the past few years, Todd Archer of ESPN what always headed me. He was brought in here to take this team further than Jason Garrett. Hasn't happened yet. He's like, why was he Why was he brought here? He wasn't brought here to go lose in the first round to the Packers. He's like, Jason Garrett could do that for you. That was always Todd's thing to me. This guy was brought in as a Super Bowl championship coach and he was supposed to take you next level. And yes, only Andy Reid until this year had won more regular season games in him, but he didn't get it done. When you don't go through that window it's open for you, it's a problem. I look simply back over here at the Texas Rangers. They went through that little window. Had the window won a World Series last year. This year things went haywire byke most she's fired. Please cut. They're begging him to come. He mayn't retire on us, now, come on back. Mike didn't go through that window, so he left himself here as as big a fan as I have been waving the flag from Mike McCarthy. Man, brother, you're throwing logs on the fire. Can't defended. And we all know this. You've got friends, You've got friends, I've got friends. Fan base is not happy. You can't keep selling this because now folks getting off the hopium, people getting rehab, they getting people bucking up, them all going down right, you guys know, let let that Let that place be filled with a bunch of Eagle fans and Texans faith. You know, that's what happened down the stress because the tickets, These tickets are not cheap. Anybody had season tickets, man, that's what I started getting. Hey man, it's too much to eat them.
Speaker 6: So you know what you do, start selling them.
Speaker 4: And come December it could be a whole bunch of others.
Speaker 6: That's it. That'll be hungling man.
Speaker 4: Jerry won't have that. Jerry won't have that. Man, Look at that skip Okay, let's just think about it, because you know folks like to come down here anyway. The Bengals in December, Tampa Bay and December and then oh boy, don't let Washington be their last game. And out here, you know Dan staying quick, gonna want to put it on the boys.
Speaker 8: You notice, you know, like Dan Campbell, but you know he's going to he's not letting off you guys. You don't even have to look any further than this Sunday, next two sundays, this Sunday, tell me what's kell what say the game with the people at the bat Kellum gotta vendetta? He gonna pair ound they're gonna do he gotta They might get sixty carries?
Speaker 4: Ben got what next two weeks because you know Texans man's coming up in here for they taste.
Speaker 6: Ain't gonna try to get a man that's embarrassing.
Speaker 8: I mean that's and you all know it's coming to so and and what based off of what you've seen we talked about last week about Atlanta and I was sitting make to looking at Kurt.
Speaker 4: I'm like, ain't nobody even touching Kurt?
Speaker 2: Kurt even touching And it was so crazy because you had individual spots.
Speaker 6: So he's playing on like Carl Lawson went on the game Saturday.
Speaker 2: But it all gets overshadowed because of you know, the final product.
Speaker 4: Mistakes, the mistakes again, mistakes again as a safety, do you look at some of this as a safety and you're looking at the play of Wilson and those other guys and he was like, man, do they not understand like the responsibility?
Speaker 2: Do you one thousand percent? Okay, you look at that And it started from me last week.
Speaker 4: You zero what you're doing outside.
Speaker 2: You look at you look at this week the over to McLeod, the third touchdown for Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 6: Everybody was dropping coverages.
Speaker 2: They even pointed out during the broadcast rumbing in his own you gotta pick him up, and you know, my man, I hate the power on him, but he just looks lost out there. He looks lost out there, and they tried to move him around a little bit. All right, we're gonna take you out of the box responsibility to put you in the back deep or deep end of the field.
Speaker 6: And it just hasn't worked out.
Speaker 2: And that was my main concern when we talked about this way back before to see and started the two deep safeties.
Speaker 4: How can they provide?
Speaker 2: How can they perform in the deep half of the field because all they were used to doing in that Quinn system was being in the box.
Speaker 4: That was my band concern.
Speaker 8: But they told you last They told you last week when they say get get back and tackle, we saw I missed that.
Speaker 4: How far back you get? Let's get our last break in here. Ezekiel Elliott was told to stay home. Mutually. Yeah, heck Maharrison, Burry Church strugs. We will dive into Ezekiel Elliott. And how much longer do we expect Ezekiel Elliott to remain with the Cowboys? Just do that. Next on the players Line, brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cabbage doc.
Speaker 7: Hey, Danny McCrae, here for Smoothie King. You know, every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with two new flavors. Is perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track. Scoop up new Coca mes Moothie Bows only a Smoothie Ky, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot Com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 14: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a Boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports aficionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss Hugo Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag Beer Own Boss.
Speaker 13: Raising Caines presents the other rules of football.
Speaker 6: Rule one.
Speaker 13: Any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve, no crinkle cut fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Caines when it comes to winning game day. Caines Rules Raising Canes Chicken Fingers One Love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 8: To the Players loude witness the biggest boxing event in modern history at Netflix and MVPs. Paul Versus Tyson and Taylor Versus Serrano head to at and t state him on Friday, November fifteenth as international superstar Jake Paul takes on the battest man on the planet, Mike Tyson, and don't miss Katie Taylor and Amanda Serrano's long awaited rematch for the undisputed super Lightweight Championship. Limit limited tickets are available now at see geek dot com, the official ticketing partner of AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 6: Tyson got a shot. Tyson got a shot at.
Speaker 2: That the hell at fifty eight that he about to get rock this sign, this is, this is given the game of black Eye. This is really given the game of black Eye.
Speaker 4: Right here.
Speaker 8: If Jake Paul knocks out Mike Tyson, I'm just telling you right now, and just as far as boxing black boxing historians, I mean you, this is this is as bad as it gets in boxing. If Jake Paul beats Mike Tyson to me, and you know whether this is rightfully so? Rightfully so? However they got to set up money wise, Oh you gonna get a check, Oh you'll get it for sure. But this is this is that money grab portion of God careers that you just hate see it, man, you hate to see it.
Speaker 6: I just help you.
Speaker 2: Don't go out wobbling like, oh man, like, help me out there hanging on the ropes.
Speaker 4: I can't, I can't.
Speaker 2: I'll turn it off if I see that, man, I can't see I can't see Tyson just all the ropes.
Speaker 4: Just help it come on, man, man like that would be man.
Speaker 8: You hate just man, You've done something in your life to have enough money to where you don't get booked like that. Jake is gone as soon as you run out of oxygen. Soon as he run out of oxygen. What's the fifty eight year old lungs take over? It's all It will be on the thing going the time. Man, get get him up out of there. You better being. But if he knocking out, if Mike Tyson not Jakes fall out, man, I will be happy. Man, if that happened, Yeah, I'm gonna be a party. Would be so happy if Mike Tyson knocked this man out.
Speaker 4: But even with the RAS put on him though.
Speaker 8: That's what I'm saying, That's what I don't If he like like in the interview after the game, Mike Tyson got them bugs bunny hoots on his.
Speaker 4: Head like Martin lawds up, I would be like.
Speaker 8: I don't want to see Mike look like that, not like not like we were transferred to Mike to the Baylor's guy to white and I don't want none of that. No, that's not out bront to you. I don't want none of that. Mike Tyson telling you dog, Mike used to be the guy that don't wait the Baylor's.
Speaker 4: Jake when it comes to Baylor, I don't want to see that. He can't. I can't telling you man, it's like it's just not need to come this. Say.
Speaker 2: I were walking with no socks on, no socks, but Mike Tyson, no socks. He was scared of life out of this guy. No rob just had on the white white tie would have cut a hole cut in it.
Speaker 4: Man, nobody wanted to fight. Mike Tyson's baddest man.
Speaker 8: On the planet is fighting Jake Paul and then they push it back because he had health issues or something.
Speaker 4: So now, you man, his gout flared up.
Speaker 9: Problem.
Speaker 4: Probably the black community is we're sitting around here still thinking that ll Cool j song bad when he said on like Tyson icing on a soldier WAF making sure you don't want to battle. That's not that guy. That's the guy that I saw in my dorm room get knocked out by Buster Douglas in Japan.
Speaker 2: Not he's gone. The myth is gone. I was there in Las Vegas when he bit Evander. Holy nobody box about I watched. I was like, that's how I do.
Speaker 4: And I remember, man, because I was sitting up in the free media seats way high, so you couldn't really see something. Nah, that didn't happen because he was like it was too right. It was two reactions to him like oh they saw, like, oh you didn't. Then his fools like nah, right, he didn't. He didn't do what I think he did. And so then they stopped and he was jumping around and then they had a fight again, and then he bit his ear one more time. Oh okay, and then they stopped the fight. People letting mad e Vanda hold was head buttoned the hell out of it.
Speaker 8: Lennox Lewis was tagging Lex Lewis fight well no, no CLINICX no, no no.
Speaker 4: Lenox was the icing on the cake.
Speaker 10: That was was.
Speaker 4: That was the fight that was like, oh oh that bad don't work.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: I was like to watch this, you gotta watch it. He's gonna be gonna be back, and I'm like, let me see what Mike got. I'm out of that contract his children.
Speaker 4: Lennox was tagging that there. I was like, SI was there? So so when I see that, man, I hear I just you know, man, what did they say about football? Football is a young man's game, for boxing is even more so more so. And we've seen too many guys out here, man. You know saw Roy Jones, Juli and on. Man, it was sad to watch Roy out there, like brother put into the house. Oscar day Lay was out there, old no no to. Somebody had that conversation with us. We saw Trevor Burbick You too young, but we saw Trevor BURBICKI and then he got Tupac out there. I mean, Larry Holmes looked so bad, Tupac making the songs like Larry holds flap. So then you see these thirst videos from Mike and You fighting air looking all good like, oh you don't want to but.
Speaker 2: You hear that it's not it's not designed for you to the videos the video. Nobody's hitting you back on the video, like those Trey Lance videos. We saw the summer and.
Speaker 8: We outs on air and we saw plenty of those. I mean, if God wants to promote Cannon out not remember the dead videos you used to see when he was out there. Man, look at that, look at that.
Speaker 6: We decided them Zeke trash can videos.
Speaker 2: Where he going through the So he going through the Oh he looked every year. It was the same man, same every year. Though, what do we do social mediaker's fall for it?
Speaker 6: Oh? Oh he looked quick at it.
Speaker 4: Oh he oh, Jerry a look. He wasn't that bad in New England. New England was a bad yeah, dynamic.
Speaker 6: He's that man.
Speaker 4: Fooled again, fooled again, and Ezekiel Elliott sent home mutually mutually agreed upon the Zeke would stay at home and healthy scratch for the game. Before the season, we had a we had a little total how many yards Zeke would get? Dude it buck forty nine? Who had a buck forty nine? That was what he got?
Speaker 8: Right now. I thought somebody predicted the buck forty nine, Like, oh man.
Speaker 4: I should play the numbers. I went for sixty five. You know, I thought he would get them eight tubs, but he had him at five twenty five. He you have seven hundred and me. I don't know if he gonna meet none of them knows this woman is he going to be on the teams? Really? The question, that's that's where we're at now. Forget meeting a number. Yeah, do you keep him on the team for missing multiple meetings and ultimately it comes down professionalism.
Speaker 6: That's what it comes down to. Are you gonna be the team player?
Speaker 2: Like, are you like we all understand, you're gonna go down with one of the best running backs to ever play for the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: You know, look at the looking at his numbers.
Speaker 2: But if you're not providing anything for this team as far as offensively special teams, and you're gonna also have an attitude in the locker room, be a distraction in that locker room?
Speaker 6: What warrants the jersey at that point, you know, that's where it comes to me, like what warrants you having a jersey.
Speaker 2: And still having a spot on the roster if you're not gonna go out there and be that scout team running back or go out there and give these guys a look to what they're playing up against next.
Speaker 6: I understand it.
Speaker 2: It's embarrassing. It's a shot to the pride, it's a shot to the ego. I've been there, not my last year Jacksonville. I went from starting to just playing on third downs, and it hurts. It hurts because you're like, man, I can still But then when you look at the tape. You gotta look at yourself in the mirror and you look at the tape and you sit there and say, man, I'm not that player that I once was. One percent of the guys that played this game for a long stretch of period of time, this happens.
Speaker 4: I mean, look look at Romo his last game for the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: He was on the bench.
Speaker 4: I mean, you look at Jerry Rice. He bounced all over the.
Speaker 2: Place, Seattle, Seattle, Jerry right, bounced all over the place. Even Danz Bryant, you know, he was cut from here. Went to the sense of trying to go back. It wasn't able to do it because of injuries. That you never leave the game, how you want to leave. The only person I was able to do that was Tom Brady. He was able to play as long as he wanted to play, got to the playoffs, got bounced, and he called it today. He rode on his high horse up out of here.
Speaker 4: Cowboys. They did left. He did on Super Bowl when Michael Strahan left. But you're right out like that. Not a fairy tale ending, though, but but but he comes to question should this be the end? Look?
Speaker 8: I was one of those people that felt like all the success he was laughing having last season, I'm like, damn, he could be doing that here for us, you know, was missing it. It comes down to it. It's all kinds of stories around the building. Who wanted them, who didn't, who whatever, who bought him back. We'll never know. I mean, it'll never be come out and watch. But whatever the expectation was of Zeke hasn't come to fruition. To me, I still look at this running room, running back room and say, it ain't good. Somebody has to You could give it to Rico Dowdle twelve carries seventy five yards, probably had one of his best games, fifteen yard run that probably let you say, hey, number twenty three has some juice to him. But outside of that, you hadn't gotten anything. We've been begging for Dak to run the ball. Finally got that, and then he blows his hamstring. So it's like, damn, you know, we can't win for losing in these situations, and we absolutely do not know what Deuce has.
Speaker 4: We don't know.
Speaker 6: It's time they got it.
Speaker 4: You gotta show we don't know, and we've asked what Dalvin Cook has. Two Carris for eight yards.
Speaker 8: I mean, if it's running back by committee or giving guy's opportunity to tote the rock. We're not getting enough out of that room, and it's not changing enough of the dynamic on the ground game for it to even be sufficient.
Speaker 4: Heck, may you said so thing right there, and I really really think it goes back to the start of the conversation we talk about Trey Lance. You still start looking at twenty five. Is deuce on. Somebody that you want to have a role for needs to be here in twenty twenty five. You need to start to figure that out. Having an Ezekiel Elliott is Ezekiel Elliott here in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: No, no, no no.
Speaker 4: So as you're looking at what this schedule is and who you have to play, let him move on. You wanted it, you tried it, it's not worked out, Say goodbye, call it. Start to think about playing other guys, because you've got to figure out this roster, especially with one of you guys who can help us in twenty twenty five. Put enough tape out there. Most likely you'll have a new coach. At least let that new coach in the staff have some real tape of what these guys look like, do they fit? Is this something you can work with? They've got to answer those questions because if you're a general manager, you're looking at this year, but you've got to look at next year. You've got to start to look at next year. Boy, interesting show coming up top of the hour, Mike McCarthy will let us know exactly what is going on with Dak Prescott reports our hamstring injury out multiple weeks, what's going on with Ceedee Lamb and anybody else, and also what's going on with Ezekiel Ellick will even still be on the team. Is it a fixable situation? Lots to go here, Cowboy Lamb, thank you, Heck Maharrison for joining us today, Barry Church, thank you Gruncher, Chris Bean, Jazz Josh, everybody who's been a part of this. The players line will return tomorrow right here on Dallas Cowboys Lick.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.