Speaker 1: Who taint cream Na, I ain't all to tell rait Que's caucerated Scarffe public enemy featuring ice Cube. Big Daddy can't burn Hollywood burn?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what up? Yard'st don Cardagina, your boy Jada kiss.
Speaker 3: You know what it is that Joe and Jada show every one of our shows his legendary and iconic.
Speaker 2: And all of that. So we don't even neither hear nor this.
Speaker 3: But once again, today, ladies and gentlemen, animals of all kinds, make some noise for our big brother uncle slash mentor slash every think to the culture. Ralph mcdad you salute, salute, salute.
Speaker 4: Joe and Jada the streetsman talking, They said, I need to be on this show from here.
Speaker 3: We give you flowers every all the time, almost every show, every other show, we make sure we present you with some flowers.
Speaker 5: Uncle, Ralph, I hear, I hear this is what I said. I said, Okay, I mean those are my peoples. Why not I need to be there.
Speaker 4: You know, Ralph from the down, Yes, of course. Yeah, well hold up, no, captain that you're my friend. Listen, you're rock. You ain't let me do it. You ain't let me right, all right, I'm the Dawn. So wherever I go, I run ship. I don't care who I deal with.
Speaker 2: It is what it is. I'm a ball summer Dawn.
Speaker 4: I was coming and I said to myself, there's only one, possibly one man on the earth I could call my big home, and that.
Speaker 2: Would be thank you, thank you you are to have done or this whole shit.
Speaker 4: And if even though your documentary went super platinum, if they're not in tune, but we do is we do it for the love of the culture. This is the man who basically created the whole video concept of the culture. If you see rap videos, the only place to see it on the earth was video music by They should have had me on the b et. It wasn't able to cancel it. If you ever try to work something out with them, I'm sure my name has come up mallion times, but I would love to do to work with work with them, because you know, you can have the stars of that, you got to have the street there too.
Speaker 2: Got to balance it out.
Speaker 5: You can have big, big names and nobody comes and they but then we need to have the locks on that show. We need to have we need to have the real, real streets, and you gotta balance it out, man, and hip hop sometimes be a little bit o with the top, and so you gotta gotta bounce it out.
Speaker 2: And I think we did a good job of that.
Speaker 4: Forty two years of Video Music Box still rocking and rolling, the longest bunny show world is.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 4: My my mom just passed away a couple of months ago. My moms watched Video Music Box.
Speaker 2: She would tell me everything.
Speaker 4: She was like, Ralph is still going, Joe, he had this one up there, he had that one up there.
Speaker 2: It's like, you're on.
Speaker 4: I've seen the City Islands. You know everything about hip hop. She's a big fan of video music. I was at City Island Friday. I go once once the summer just for the vibe, because it's a vibe when you go to at the end, not at the little fancy.
Speaker 3: You go to them to the end. That's the first in the first place city you really get, chiefly cities like Johnny's and Frank Johnny. That's the real ship. That's the shout out, the live style house.
Speaker 2: I go there too.
Speaker 5: I sit down in there and people come from all over from from fifty to sixty to twenty.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 5: Thank you Ralph, thank you still doing it. And I'm like, oh, this is what I just go for the vibe. You know, you see the young people coming out and they still know why. I'm like, oh, I didn't even know. Y'all knew what was what I'm watching now, watched Saturday night. I'm like, oh, all right, I gotta play some some young stuff.
Speaker 2: Did you think it was it was going to have that effect? But did you think it? Did you think you was going to change the world? Can you change the world? Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, I didn't know it was going to be like that, just like hip hop. I didn't know it was going to be like what it is today. Look here we got all this going on. But I knew it was going to be important for the people who loved the music.
Speaker 2: I love the music.
Speaker 5: If you love music like I love music, you're gonna like this because I'm putting my heart into it and I think that you're gonna dig what I like.
Speaker 2: And that was the beginning of it. And then one day I.
Speaker 5: Tell it in my documentary, I'm on the train and like the thug, you know, on the train.
Speaker 2: Back in the eighties you could get.
Speaker 4: Still they still throwing people in front of They threw somebody in front of the train last night. Right, it's still very violent. Yeah, you gotta be keep your eyes, keep you aware. But this is all right, Well you can get all he's telling you the same shit. So I'm sitting there and these dudes is like boom. I'm in Brooklyn, deep in Flatbush. I lived in flatbos Brooklyn. First train, I'm like this. They looking at me like mean mugging.
Speaker 5: I'm like this, okay, So either I get off at the next stop and punk it out or I just see what happens.
Speaker 2: Let's just see what happens.
Speaker 4: So they're talking, but every once in a while, the energy keeps coming my way, so I think they're waiting for the moment to get me.
Speaker 5: So nothing happens. I get like ten twelve stops. I get ready to get off to go to the video I was going to the office and they say, yo, you the dude that be doing a video show. And I said, yeah, we like that shit.
Speaker 2: By your niggers.
Speaker 5: Ain't say this shit like twelve stots ago. I'm like this, But that's New York. You know, you never know because we're gonna look at you a certain way. You know, and the streets is going to be you know, you can either go left or right. You don't know, you have no idea.
Speaker 4: No, but you controlled the streets and and you said what was HoTT No, No, you always thank god, you always kept the camp. But you always set the tone. If you went to a spot, the ship was sold down. Everybody wanted to shout out. You know, you created shout out. That was that was a life back in the days. That was like, uh, you know you was involved in the shout out right, and I played it. That was Trump might be everybody nobody just saying them through the joint skis off the white you know, Donald Trump Junior posted the joints you know what's going on? W n B A they throwing Oh yes, green Fildo's Trump did that? Trump Junior through the that.
Speaker 2: He had a video of Trump joint sky off the white. Yo, this ship is crazy. Trump juniors do a joints ski off the white.
Speaker 4: So he showed Trump throwing the fucking some some joint ski and like the ship now it's out of control. I'm sorry about that, but he definitely Donald Trump definitely.
Speaker 2: Said, yo, let me get a shout out. Oh yeah, absolutely he might have been on on the shield for a shout out with joint Ski. That was the most hilarious shiite tell them, man, thank god, you're my partner and you're winny and you're funny. I was yo with you. You envision ship like this for me.
Speaker 4: You gave me opportunity when I was a kid, and you let me host video music bugs. So kiss, let me tell you the story about this guy right here, right he comes to my office, my office on thirty first floors wield the.
Speaker 2: Elevator never worked, and I fat that he was real fat Joe. How much I wanted it.
Speaker 5: All the time I was walking there was a Puerto Rican lady who was the security guards.
Speaker 2: I figured it out.
Speaker 4: They started talking Spanish and he's going getting in. I was on the mummy, but you put me the host and changed my life. Started taking me serious. It was like a right, he's really gonna rap.
Speaker 2: He's literally gonna do something. And how'd you lead to do that? When he got up, I told I never heard Joe REGGI get up there. Yo.
Speaker 4: I remember if you could ever remember the scene in call Leido's Way when the fat dudes and I would use by the time I got up there, my ship was like.
Speaker 2: Ralph, he'd be like, where you going today? Like I don't know. He said, I want to go wherever you're going. And that's what we did. And we took him to wherever.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm hosting something, we're doing whatever, video music box somewhere we took Remember in New Jerseys they boot you. You have you remember right if you wasn't from Jersey, they hated you.
Speaker 4: I don't care who came there. And Joe got on and before he could get two words out, that happened to me in La Too. Two weeks later, Flow Joe comes out. Everybody's happier, and I told him that. I said, wait till your record drops, it's going to be different. Once that Flow Joe hit that that rick to scale, Yeah, you know what the fix was it? You know Ralph ran this, He ran all of it. You know that Flow Joe was on every day was you know, I'm a worker of video music. Imagine your worker puts out a heat rock. He had that ship ringing.
Speaker 2: All This is Flow Joe by.
Speaker 4: Fat Joe on video Music. And I hear him tell that the cap stories. He exaggerates a little bit a little bit, a little bit, a little bit. I was there for some of those things when it happened, so I know some of it is true.
Speaker 2: I know a majority of it is true. Bust of it is true.
Speaker 4: If I tell you one hundred guys, it might have been twenty five, I'm gonna keep it a fuck. But that's about the only thing I can see with Katka. All my sh it is backed up on the receipts I got. There's a lot of guys who took smacks to the face out there that y'all call the biggest legends in the world, that they wearing it well, and they're looking at this show and they're like, that boy is not one. I'm telling you the truth. There's a somebody had to get punished. If I'm telling you these stories. I propped the gym, I punished this one at this somebody's father was punished out there and knows.
Speaker 2: It, knows it, knows it. You know I had to go to yonkers one time. You heard you hurt out through the whole flock on the floor. Don't the whole block on the floor, the whole the floor, you know, gonna no, no, I'm not gonna say it's the truth. Though. I love the whole block on the floor because when I turned around, Raoul and them boys had some things out and the whole block was on the floor. While he was just saying I.
Speaker 4: Took a guy and punishing them. Man thing her true story. But the guy's more. He's trying to he's trying to get away, right, So he's trying to climb the wall, right, right right and get help. A car pulls up, the door opens. No, let me tell you about this, right because I gotta listen here. Look, I got a lot of friends in young Listen, I love you.
Speaker 1: I'm not thirty some years, you know header I know all of it to.
Speaker 2: This, I'm gonna tell you. I'm gonna tell you. If they ain't paint the picture for you, I'm gonna tell you. So we go out there, I get busy. Immediately, I'm like, who they like him? It's on, there's nothing to talk about. Hold on, hold on half his size though feet tall. I didn't look like you. Gotta let the people know what talking about. It's a whole block looked like a big drug block in the hall and elliott A. This ain't a car, okay, But the pink.
Speaker 4: The picture I'm trying to pink to you is I'm on this guy, a guy trying to get away, right, he fast boom. When I turned around, the whole block is on the floor. Raoul and my man rested.
Speaker 2: Peace. Well, both of them passed away. They got them things out them.
Speaker 4: Actually out in the middle of everybody on the street, going yo, this fucked up, man, this sucked up.
Speaker 2: Then the car come.
Speaker 4: And the door opened, and the car is so low when the guy got out because I'm trying to I'm trying to get him right, the guys trying to climb over the gate.
Speaker 2: I don't even know this right. I turned around the shadow this big pun with a fucking bat in his hand.
Speaker 4: At me, a bat looked like a tooth pick. That's how fucking big Pun was.
Speaker 2: And the ship he twirling the fucking bat and he going like this, and the whole block set. Oh shit. He wasn't rapping.
Speaker 4: Yet, like he wasn't rapping big but this was like monsy, button your lip, like this was some movie. Ship can jump out the car you five hundred pounds with a bat. When they was already on the floor when they seen Punt, the whole fucking block set. Oh shit, And the kid is trying to get away from the on the gate and pun hits him. He goes, I pun hits him on the other side. But anyway, that's not cock. Guys, by the way, we'll find out soon.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, they get a lot of calls. They're gonna tell you they know the truth. They know the truth, and that it is just one of ten thousand.
Speaker 4: You threw a lot of parties, man, that could have got really, really violent.
Speaker 5: I was righting it as soon as I seeing you, and I could tell the energy was getting ready to happen.
Speaker 4: I turned that light on it. You're gonna do a shout out right now, we're gonna do interviewing.
Speaker 2: Joe's like, what kill it? You know what's crazy is this industry basically.
Speaker 4: Commercialized in front of your eyes, sir. So Like when you got footage in your documentary of Mary seventeen bro where what's that show? When Yonkers I was in Brooklyn because.
Speaker 3: We was never on it. You know, as much as we went home and watched it, I saw your video, so I saw you. I saw your video.
Speaker 6: Me.
Speaker 2: I never gave a shout out on video, No no, No, I've seen your video something see myself kissing. You're gonna pull out out. I'm going into the archives. Kiss.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna prove you wrong. Kiss wrong. It better not be in the ancient town. Everything is ancient from back then. It can't it, So it gotta be this. Don't pull out.
Speaker 4: Three months ago, I bet you was like at a basketball game or something.
Speaker 2: You wanna You're gonna be going. We did no beef ever in my life for Rothley Daniels, I'm here, my love, his family is one beef.
Speaker 4: My wife, My wife says just before you saw it, he loves you before I came to see you today and my daughter came today.
Speaker 2: I love wat Kim.
Speaker 3: I got your tickets for the show that got post Pole. Uncle kiss got you with even better VI. I PC for the cash money tour that got postpone, that got She done it.
Speaker 2: She had, she had already done her nails. He was ready to sw.
Speaker 4: But let me but let me ask you, right, what's so beef beef is? I feel like I don't know. If it's a financial thing, yes, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: If you order the film like you're you're like the original Johnny Nunez. You know we never see the pictures. Where is y'all?
Speaker 4: He got footage of Biggie and Nas rapping this and that, that, that that water.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna do it? He should do something with rock Nation being there. We you know, we were moving like that. Let's do it. Let's do it the big way. Let's do it. I'll get it done. I walk up right after this. Let's let's let's do that. I walk right up you and kiss yo, one million percent. I want you see kiss and got you in the mix. You know what I'm saying. You gotta do that. You gotta do this, You gotta do that.
Speaker 4: You know, even Ralph me take the ship because of me. I watched Ralpha interviews. They be asking me like, oh man, why they had to go there with Raph? Yo, tell me about Fat Joe ship?
Speaker 2: Really not?
Speaker 4: He'd be like, you know, it's real. You know this this kiss? I would hate to be him with Fat Joe. He's my business, fucker.
Speaker 2: What kind of ship you hearing on the streets bout Fat Joe? They go they love you, man, they love you Joe.
Speaker 3: Look, you know you manufact shot out to my man, baby face Rade.
Speaker 2: From the d He hit me like a week ago. Yo, fat, Joe is the best human being in the world. Oh ship baby face was good dad.
Speaker 4: Real The real deal is for those who want to say, oh this about Joe, this is about whoever.
Speaker 2: If you wasn't there, how can you say that? How can you see?
Speaker 6: That's his pointy voting point, that's his he stands on that home point.
Speaker 2: He got no right to say none of that. You was I was dead. You wasn't there. And my thing is if you were there and you know you so recipes ray this yall. We went out to the funeral, right, everybody there I knew right right, and everybody playing the point of hip hop, whether they danced or it was beasts or it was this or this. So if you play the game in hip hop coming up, I know you.
Speaker 4: I knew D M Y when they introduced me to you, anybody who played any type of ship. It could be exclan, it could be this fact. Joe was everywhere.
Speaker 2: I knew them all. So when you called of rap and do no, no, he was before my time.
Speaker 4: But if the man is so, if you talking shit about hip hop, the birthplace to this, to that and you live in Seattle, my man, you not validing this ship.
Speaker 2: You want not there. We just gonna throw a shot at Seattle. No, I don't miss. We love Seattle.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to tell you is that the people, the people who lead these claims, these false claims, that they're not from the here kiss, is what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 5: It's like me saying something about Atlanta and I don't really be there. I don't know, And I'm sure there's fun things about Atlanta that are unique to Atlanta, and that's it New York. New York got its own thing, you know. It's and every city got their own thing, you know. And you when y'all go there, y'all know that. But we're gonna miss.
Speaker 2: They always hold a grudge against us, though he got. I don't know what that. I don't know what we did. You know, what happened before our times?
Speaker 4: What happened here that didn't happen and everywhere else was Latinos and blacks grew outside by side facts next door five E. I go to Miss LaVerne's apartment to go get the batter to salt the district. So when you got racism and segregation around this country, what they just don't get how New York Latinos and blacks just grew up together, family, integrated all that. So they looking from somewhere else from a different lens, and they're like.
Speaker 2: That's why they don't understand it.
Speaker 4: That's why this country is in the state that is in right now because of.
Speaker 2: Putting people over here.
Speaker 4: You're putting immigrants over here, You're putting white folks over here, You're putting Asian people over here.
Speaker 5: What are you talking about. We all live in the same spot. What are you talking about. That's why the countries in the situation that it's in. It's got to change because we're going to continue to see bad things happen to an economy in New.
Speaker 4: York, in la in Arizona, wherever it's going to be. We have to come together because and New York has done that.
Speaker 2: We don't. We don't have no problem with that, but it's got to change. Let's took the wires, hold up. I never got an answer, never got a straight answer. Oh you, let's put it on him. We're going to put that right.
Speaker 4: No, no, he get this stuff.
Speaker 2: Laurie heard this.
Speaker 7: That's Luri lo. Laurie makes it. Lorry let's make it happen. I'm telling you, Glory's Laurie. It's the Bible of fifty cut me in Lory Laurie.
Speaker 4: You can't get no better than you know, this guy don't even talk if he said definitely the bible.
Speaker 2: You know what it is, it gotta go down. Twenty thousand hours of video. I was in twenty thousand hours. Yeah, but they were saying cap.
Speaker 4: I was in events where he filmed it clean and everybody'd.
Speaker 2: Be like, yo, you cap, you Cap, And I'm like, nod, he grabbed the mic and no, just grabbed the mic. And then I'm in the crowd a fan. I'm like, but we never get to see these things he got.
Speaker 4: So I wanted to digitize everything, from analog to digital. We digitize everything. Now it's part of the Video Music Box Collection. I look at it as the Rockefeller Collection because this is the history of hip hop. You know, it's not everything, of course, because it was just from my lens, but it's nineteen eighty three, from nineteen eighty three to present. You know, I was in Stand Island last night. We rock in doing the party, still still taping this stuff, and so we had to digitize it because I had to have it in digital phonk because that's the only way we can pass it around.
Speaker 2: And so now it's archiving it. It's a lot of work.
Speaker 5: It's like a real librarrian archivist work. But we're doing it and it's and it's happened. But do we need help? Absolutely absolutely we need help. So we're running it.
Speaker 2: Up slory right after this glory. We need it, we need it. I'm walking in broth. I don't do that for now. I lost friends.
Speaker 4: I lost I lost friends selling me Yo, I gotta sit down with jay Z.
Speaker 2: I said, fuck you gonna sit down Jess, motherfucker.
Speaker 4: I ain't bringing you to jay Z for shit. I tell you telling you I'm going up there. I tell you like this, when when when I did my documentary, I said I have to have jay Z in the in the documentary.
Speaker 5: And the people that I was working with at showtime were like, well, you know jay Z. You know, if he's not involved in it, he probably won't do it. I said, I know him, I actually know, so they were like, well you know. So then the day I booked it, they were like your interviewing Jays. They called me while I was sitting down with Jay here and so I was like, yeah, well, why didn't you tell us you guys didn't want to have anything to do? You said he wouldn't do it, And I said, if I didn't tell Jay that I was doing this, he'd have been pissed off. And me like, why you didn't ask me to be I'd like to have been part of it. It's been disrespectful. He's part of this story, you know, from day one. So these are the interview These are the relationships that I have that you know, people come and say, like, you guys always love.
Speaker 2: I'm called Jada locks Yo, I gotta show what can you do? All right?
Speaker 5: Ralph, we got you, Joe always anytime. Just a fact, Joe weird.
Speaker 2: You know. Crazy question is do you ever look at the success of hip hop and you know you paid the way for so many people and you see everybody millionaires, billionaires?
Speaker 4: Did you ever think that should have been not a go fund me? But uh w mc daniel fund it's out out.
Speaker 5: So last night I was thinking about when I was gonna see you guys, maybe they're gonna give me like a million dollars When I.
Speaker 2: Get they're like that.
Speaker 4: You know, like we're getting you a deal. If I went everywhere I went and I got a million dollars, O know, you be out of control, you'd be a billionaire. You gotta put this thing.
Speaker 3: You gotta help them do this thing, Laurie. We're doing it going upstairs the moments. You can't replace me. But it's history. And I didn't get into it for the money at first. I got into it because I just loved music. I realized that you could make money out of this thing later, But the history is super important to me because currently, right now, this administration is cutting off a lot of the stuff that is our story, and we can't like it's for everybody.
Speaker 4: It's not just for us. We didn't make You don't make music just for black people all you know, you don't make music with just for Latinos. And we make it for whoever loves it. That's whoever loves hip hop.
Speaker 2: That was the thing.
Speaker 5: When I first went to the Fresh Vest in nineteen eighty five, I walked in the National Coliseum and it was everybody. It was Blacks, Asians, Latinos, everybody singing along to Houdini, singing along to run DMC grand Master Flash, Furious Five Fat Boys, and I was like, everybody loves this. Everybody loves this. This is a big thing. You didn't have to tell me nothing. After that.
Speaker 2: You want to know what's crazy?
Speaker 4: I go, uh, when I don't have no time, whatever, I gotta cut today. I love these guys on YouTube that go to Peru, go to China, go to Cuba, go to the were just regular guys and they go into the dangerous neighborhoods, they go into everything. And today I was looking at Thailand and he showed all that shit. Then he went to the club and it was Thailand. People singing day dollar every word of day, not like us in fucking Thailand, and they knew every fucking word. And that's how I was taught from the from the ancestors of hip hop, meaning that Africa band Bodies, grand Master Flashes, the bel These guys taught me that hip hop is almost like a religion, right, It's almost like a religion.
Speaker 2: And if you're true to it and you love it, love it, love it, whether you dance.
Speaker 8: Or you just listen to anything, you're part of the culture.
Speaker 2: You're stuck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But that's how I was taught and so now with segregation and all types of shit they try they try to break shit up into that. The way I was taught where is if you're part of the culture and you love this culture, then you valid and you're part.
Speaker 2: Of our family.
Speaker 5: There has no color on it, there has no status on the richest people in the world love it.
Speaker 2: Come on, yo, it's crazy, right, I'll tell you something, and I'm gonna let you talk ji because at this point I think I'm talking too much. But I had a friend of mine who was a rapper and he was struggling, and I used to try to get them shows and they wouldn't book them.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about the legend, right. I would be like, Yo, could you book such and such with me? You know they booked me? Who is no, no, no, we can't do that. But he was at a moment.
Speaker 2: Where he was struggling and somebody invited me to meet somebody having business or whatever with this billionaire dude in Mallible. So the house.
Speaker 4: It takes like five minutes to even get up there. It's on the top of this shit over the This ship was like a hundred million dollars, right, I get in there, the man won't turn my guy's songs. Well, yoh know, this is your guy, my favorite in the world. This is the greatest guy. This is the best guy. No one's better than him.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. When I was in college and he just.
Speaker 4: Kept playing this dude's shit and meanwhile I'm sitting there and I'm like, yo, I can't get this guy five grand and it's a billionaire ringing.
Speaker 2: His ship every fucking album. He wouldn't turn the ship.
Speaker 4: And I said, man, I wish I could tell him that this guy fucked up. Maybe you're throwing a check or some shit, but that's how him.
Speaker 2: No, I can't. You know, I ain't gonna tell nobody business like that.
Speaker 1: You block them why he didn't tell the God about him?
Speaker 2: They needed and he needed that. Keep that in mind, you, my partner, that you might go some flyshing with they keep playing fat Joe. You were like, yo, maybe you want.
Speaker 6: To know he's like like this, you won one of these paintings.
Speaker 2: Like all they gotta do is give me a painting. I don't get gifts right now, even on my birthday, boxes screwdrivers and you know what's the wacky ship? Yo? Guy got everything? What could I give you you a fit excu that's the excuse.
Speaker 4: They but that's just that's that's not you first. That's all man, that's all men. They do that too, right. It's like it was Father's Day.
Speaker 2: He was like, Yo, all I got is a pair of boxers turkey.
Speaker 9: I got two turkey bacons. You got two turkey bacons too.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I had to talk with my family about chilling, like stop spending. I had to go back with my daughter first in this month, said, yo, the boxes is coming back up, like I keep seeing the.
Speaker 2: Boxes like I thought.
Speaker 4: We had this conversation like this ship this bing bong, three new boxes, fredix this this like yo, this kid be the same conversation we had last month because starting to ring off, you know, I mean that's where it's that.
Speaker 2: Let me so you shot videos.
Speaker 4: You went from putting the videos on and then you started shooting all the video.
Speaker 2: Hello ladies and gentlemen. How did he do how does he do this? How did his go for it? We wait? Cutting my next question off? You got it right? Answer me that question, Jada was amazing. How you do it? I'm in these dangers away, I'm Joey McDaniels. I'm in to McDaniels. Tamp okay, I'm in the fucking family. I see the meme already. I know I didn't. I didn't happen for them all. I didn't. They're gonna sit for this interview.
Speaker 1: You're gonna see you and him in one thing on the Instagram, lady.
Speaker 2: I didn't prepare for this interview.
Speaker 9: You know, I just got music in video direction career, Yes, sir, in some incredible historic video.
Speaker 1: Who dang cream nahs ain't all to tell raight one. It's caut your weighted scoffee, Public Enemy featured ice Cube, Big Daddy k Burn, Hollywood Burn.
Speaker 2: What this tell us it? Let's see it. Let's start with Wolang. So, for folks, this is the learning moment. Williams was your intern. It was my intern.
Speaker 4: So so in the beginning of hip hop, you didn't necessarily get a video.
Speaker 2: You didn't go in guarantee videos.
Speaker 5: In the beginning, right, there were songs that were hit records no video because nobody believed that it was gonna go in further. Video was like an added a thing at all. Right, So we used to sit around be like, how is no video for this, were like, we need to do a video for it. We got cameras and stuff, Let's just do a video. So the first video I did was for Roxane Chante.
Speaker 4: Wow, Roxanne Roxanne, and I say rightly and I said, this is an opportunity for us to have advantage.
Speaker 5: Now people are going to still watch the show more because they're going to see the rock Sanne Roxanne video doesn't exist.
Speaker 4: It's a record Mister Magic Molly mal They playing it every week playing the where's.
Speaker 2: Your So got a video? Now?
Speaker 5: Boom, so a video comes out, so little moments like that. From that, I meet Biz Marquis, we do Bismarcky videos. From that, I meet Big Daddy Kane, we do Big Daddy Camee videos. So now it's starting to grow. Then we do Coogie Wrap, Then we do all these different artists and culting. We did almost all the co chilling videos x Clan. Then we did you know, it just grew.
Speaker 4: But the reason why we did it is because there was these videos didn't exist, and I would do it with my equipment, so it helped the artist.
Speaker 2: It was a little bit lower in price at that time.
Speaker 5: Remember videos used to be one hundred and two hundred thousand dollars to do. Now you could have an iPhone and do it for ten dollars. So back then we just wanted to get the videos out and our company is called Classic Concept.
Speaker 4: My partner Lino vid kid on Vig. We did all those videos. We did over four hundred videos. We did all of the Boys to Men first album that.
Speaker 2: You fucked me up man, because that was my next question. I get Devo Poison.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, he did POI he said, but you know the one I liked, the one y'all did the new addition, Uh, Poison was the best.
Speaker 2: But thought it was me. Yeah, I thought it was me. I remember they had a party in the mansion and oh y'all shot. Oh that was shit. Oh shit, all of this.
Speaker 4: So I'm meeting all of these guys, meeting actors. Nia Long was in one of the BBDJ I never saw me along on nothing before that. She's in the in that in that big BBD video. She's a friend of Mike Divs and we just well the people that were making the videos. And I was also I did the same as a Wu Tang commercial I was in. I was in stanting Island last night and I was like this, young guys with me, take us to park Hill. I was like, bro, Saturday night, you.
Speaker 2: Might you might not want said we'll ride through there real quick. And I got to the block.
Speaker 4: It was dark and it was Waiians on one on each side said no, we're not doing that. But I took him over to where the Wu Tang District is. They got like a little areas called the Woo Tang District.
Speaker 2: Damn took them over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's it's it's like a designated you know, a place for tourists. And I took him over there and right across the street is where we shot the video the commercial for UH say you know it's crazy. I just pulled up to day. I was a little late as I went to uh fat Man's scoops block. Yes, shout out the fat Man, somebody I really really loved. Yes, they give him a city block and this to see just to see. It was yesterday, you know, so they you know, they both. But I pulled up to that Fat Man. I didn't even feel right. I was in Vegas at of show. I was really upset.
Speaker 2: I couldn't be love.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I used to listen to that overnights on high Night memories, Overnights on Hot Now overnight so high night, he said, Yo, I used to love fat Man. I do love fat Man. It's cool, you know, and whatever times I could share with him. Uh So, Nia Long became a superstar.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: It was a lot of girls that was like, featured in my video. I had one girl featured in my video. No, I'm telling you a true story. One girl featured in my video one of my last videos. All right, I don't want to tell her business.
Speaker 8: Like this, but you gotta start saying the names. No, No, she's beautiful, right, beyond beautiful. But she was a hairstylest. She does the Fat Joe video. When I tell you not a week later she so you stop?
Speaker 2: Really, she ain't stopped being on private planes with Burkins, with Egypt, with Afriker, would do bide like that video. That ain't the girl's life like I've never seen beautiful. My mother gave her that right. She went from.
Speaker 4: Hairstylists to shot the Fat Joe video, and she won't stop the jurry.
Speaker 2: The bags, the flowers, the roses, the privates that this. How don't you think she flies.
Speaker 4: Commercial videos would have placed up before a movie, before you got Before you got a movie, you could be.
Speaker 2: In the video.
Speaker 4: I'm sure's plenty of videos at the locksteps. Somebody could be in the video, actor or somebody. The next thing, you know, Booney in the movie Kevin Hart lean Back. Yeah, really, I told you this.
Speaker 2: He shot a two dollars movie somewhere in Philly before that. Proud of that.
Speaker 4: I met him, thought he was funny. I put him in lean Back. He's the guy at the front door, right right right, right right here, John and them, y'all can't get in this.
Speaker 2: This that. After that, I'm not taking credit for a shit, but that was the lean Back. After that was soul Play.
Speaker 4: No, after that he got popping. It was It's his first big look. It's nowhere around it. There's nothing he could say about it. It's nothing anybody could say about music.
Speaker 2: Videos are like a movie.
Speaker 3: Since we're talking about that, you co produced the cold classic Juice.
Speaker 2: Assoi hell did you do that? So?
Speaker 4: Juice was the first movie I worked on, So I worked with I never worked with Ernest Dickerson. He directed Bless You and but the producer Moretz, the guy's last name. He also went on to do like amazing movies. He came to me and he said, look, nobody's responded. This is early nineties.
Speaker 5: Nobody's responded to me because kip Hop Movies was kind of whack in the early nineties calling people. Nobody's called. He might have called you good, were good. So he goes, we got we got this movie. Can you come help it? Can you rewrite it? I go to the office. It's called Juice. I'm helping him rewrite it. The only person we've cast it is this guy named Tupac. Tupac's not out yet.
Speaker 4: He's in quart of Digital Underground, but he's not like people don't know him, kind of know his name, but I don't know him. Like I'm going there. I said, all right, I'll help you rewrite it. Called Queen Latifa on the phone. Look, they're trying to get in contact with you.
Speaker 2: This is legit.
Speaker 5: She said, you're working with him? I said, yeah, it was all right, we'll see what's going on. She shows up next thing, you know, Tretch shows up, next thing.
Speaker 2: You know. All these different people start showing up just because of.
Speaker 5: You, validating validated, And I said, it's legit and that was it, and it became, you know, a cold classic.
Speaker 2: We didn't know when we was shooting you you don't know, but it became a cold classic. All of the guys in it. I got interviews behind the scenes. We haven't put that out yet of juice. Why Torrero Brothers is there? You know what. Therrero Brothers was there.
Speaker 3: They was with me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a rod mess.
Speaker 4: You know, we kind of like hate social media even though, you know, because we came up at a time where there was no social media.
Speaker 2: But through social media, I learned a lot of things I never knew.
Speaker 4: Tupac walked all the ship we big enough ASoP Rocky and all these guys for right now, Tupac was in the Versace show walking the runway, and and uh, it's that.
Speaker 2: He walked up in the show.
Speaker 4: He had you know, of course Quincy Jones' daughter, Cadata, which was his fiance, She must have plugged the men. But he was there earlier than anybody. And Tupac when he was Tupac was walking the runway. He was out there in France, and they said people couldn't get enough of it. He was he was a serious guy and and when we shot the Juice. You know you have the win a bago the thing. Girls are lined up outside doing them. It's crazy. I'm like this, I want you see women that you know. You're like, really, that's what you're doing?
Speaker 2: You know? Uh? I went to a concert the Big Daddy Kinge was performing. How about this one? You want to cap one? You want to yo yo yo. But this this story been verified by Big Daddy Came. So I'm just in the crowd as a fan.
Speaker 4: It was one of them Buttwise and Superfest and the crowd start going crazy and through the crowd Tupac should call.
Speaker 2: From Juice the Juices out of redon Tupac walking with the test You was dere wow, Oh, I'm there. I know you're talking there. So I go. He walking through and he's walking with Biggie Smalls. How about that.
Speaker 4: The fucking garden is losing a fucking mind. I'm just in the crowd watching Big Daddy Came before he.
Speaker 2: Stops, yo crack. Come on, all I got out is Flow Joe Flow Joe number one at the time, by the way, to this party in bullshit Biggie Right, we go on stage.
Speaker 4: Evan MC eleven seven mc eleven's I'm standing on stage next to them. That's crazy, Okay, I'm on stage in Madison Square Garden with them. I remember Tupac pulling me up on the stage. Biggie, but I got seven mecha eleven's about eight. Tupac even saying yo, Fat Joe passing the mic. Big Daddy came was like, not enough time, guys, not enough time, shut Joe crackdown, not enough times?
Speaker 2: This, this, that, this, this, It's cool because I knew for a fact I wasn't as good as Tupac or Bis, so I was cool.
Speaker 4: They gave me a thick but Big Daddy came shut it down, right, and that's the infamous.
Speaker 2: I got seven mecha and no want niggas in the pens free say nothing.
Speaker 8: So now.
Speaker 4: Years later I tell that story, right, and they that might have started cap Heaven for Fat Joe.
Speaker 2: Oh full of shit water this guy not him again, But Big Daddy Kane went up to drink Champs and Norrie asked him. You said, yeah, it's true, Joe was dead. You know.
Speaker 4: I was running out of time. I was headlining, so I had to get to the hits. I said, Big Daddy can't no, Fat Joe was going to be that lean back fat Joe. No, he probably knew, he knew, he knew who he was.
Speaker 2: I didn't know I was gonna be the lean back fat Joe or the Joey crack crack crack crack crack.
Speaker 5: So Biggie was a fan of Big Daddy Kane. I have footage of Kane of Kane performing in Deep in Brooklyn, Food and Street the Hood, and Biggie's like a kid watching, like studying everything that he did.
Speaker 4: You know, he was everybody's face. He was a Big Pun's favorite too. Yes, Big Big Pun love Kougie Rap and Big Daddy Kane. They was his favorite. Like I broke down the tears when he was at the funeral and Koujie Rap walked up. I was just like because I knew how much he earned g rapping and Big Daddy King. Then you know it goes on to eminem that whole kdence, that whole flow. You know what I'm saying, Great ones, the greatest one. Yes, from what you think is the best era in the hip hop, I'm nineties early nineties, So from ninety to ninety five is when I really was loving him so.
Speaker 2: Nas jay z all that I felt. So you not go you not ll Salt and Peppa Lati. No, I'm I'm I'm ll Salt Pepper Lot. I know you love ll.
Speaker 4: I have the footage at the FEVA when you had them on stage. Joe was a promoter. It really helped me out with this cap Centennaio. They got going on with me because you got the proof rout. That's why we got to make the documentary. You saw him come up in the FEVA. Yeah, and that was it, Ja and did he was his money and you.
Speaker 2: Got the start. You said the same thing. You invited Biggie to your birthday and he showed up and it was the last thing you thought was gonna happen, and he came up hung out all that correct.
Speaker 4: Oh, No, same thing happened to me with Llo cool J. Was like he hates when you say this. Well, he was like justin Bieber, you know, no, it's the truth. We never saw Llo cool J in the hood. He got his stories, we never saw him. So when I met him for the first time, I told him he was my idol. I shot my shot and I said, you know, by the way, you know I'm having my birthday party.
Speaker 2: Saturday at the Fever. Yeah.
Speaker 4: He was like that place still open. I said, yeah, it's open. He was like, Saturday this this we Yo, listen, bro. I woke up that Saturday and I was like, the last thing I thought was gonna happen was LL show up.
Speaker 2: But I was praying for him to show up.
Speaker 5: There was some real mcs on that stage. Yoh waited, he waited, KRS One, he waited. He was like this, okay, christ One was terror in the paint off. That motherfucker caris won. We had rage, we had Lord Treik, beat the guns.
Speaker 4: We had a gangstall, we had the nast we had the whole rap world was at the Fever. And then all of a sudden, I hear girls screaming like yeah, at like two three in the morning, you see the red baseball cap.
Speaker 2: The man walked up on that stage. I was like, Yo, this is impossible to man kay the much shit. Nah, that was the night you got it on film, got it on films, got I phone, let it go. No, no, no, your gutans will make it happen. Oh No.
Speaker 3: We did pop Hall of Fame Award reship me in nineteen ninety one. One of the earliest formal recognitions of hip hop Right and Nicks.
Speaker 4: Could have been I don't I don't even remember nineteen that Oh you know what, Yes, okay, so that was me, Molly Ma and Red Alert.
Speaker 2: We got the award.
Speaker 5: That's the same night NAS performs live at the barbecue with Main Source. So if you ever say that footage, that footage that was that night, that was that night, it's like that, y'all, that large main Source comes out.
Speaker 2: We got to wrap a nods fatal mocking Elly's crazy.
Speaker 4: No, that ship, that energy right there, you know that energy that's legendary energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know all that set it off when when when I was twelve, I went to hellth snuff of Jesus. That was that was like in your ass?
Speaker 4: Could you played yourself? There's certain that was it that will live forever? Right, yes, I'm thinking right now while I'm looking at you. You a treasure chest of of moments. But tell us about that moment where Karl Ka nine had his ship going on. They had the Sean John at this I knew I used to go to all these events, had the fashion shows, a fashion show, so people he used to what are y'all doing doing fashion shows?
Speaker 2: I'm like, yo, this is before this hip hop. You know.
Speaker 4: We was just going to to to the to the to the store and buying some sneakers and some jeans, and that was hip hop.
Speaker 5: Okay, we're good. Got some air Force one, some Adidas whatever it is, Bob, we got outfit. Now they're starting to bring stylists into the game. Somebody addressed you bringing you clothes. Carcani shows up, He lays out his clothes for you.
Speaker 2: What you want? Take him all? Karlca and I was the best. He gave everybody stuff. Yes, still to this day.
Speaker 5: And then came Fugle Fub comes to me, Damon John and my man Keith that this four guys in food. It comes to my office with the shirt, says, fub want it?
Speaker 2: What does that mean for us? By us? What's the best thing I ever heard in my bread ship to this?
Speaker 4: They reincordinated that ship every president, Yeah, everybody.
Speaker 2: I said, yo, man, how many y'all got mad clothes? He's like, this is it? We got we got ten shirts?
Speaker 4: Is it? Right?
Speaker 2: In?
Speaker 5: I said, you'll make it some more because when y'all be on video music box, it's gonna be off the hook, and so Damon goes all right.
Speaker 4: Next day they were like, we got to get a distribution company. We need more people. And so that's how that that company moves forward.
Speaker 2: You know. I was the first person to sell fool Boy in the Bronx.
Speaker 4: Really in my in my clothing store was named was named store Halftime halftime right, heyman, John pulled up.
Speaker 2: In the Hootie. It was missing two fucking tires. It was in the fucking big They had two donuts and ship you have the donuts. He tells this story. Yes, loirk, he pulls up. Yo, we got a clothing line.
Speaker 4: I was the first to sell food Boy in the Bronx and had Clue tapes, Brother tapes, mixtape.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because that was the both of them, I mean the first seven. And I made him take me to a baseball game. I had a softball game.
Speaker 4: And they would be like, yo, you just jumped in the Hootie. Used got Joe already and you just were I was like, fuck that. He said, you was saying what's up to everybody out the HOOTI with the donuts, Yo, yo, yo yo, but shout out the fooble go in the round along.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that was the thing, you know, so now you got sorry.
Speaker 4: I remember I saw one fashion show with Tyson Bedford. Shout out Tyson Bedford. He got to rewind the tome, you know. Bef was was the first one three while you could be forty two, forty two when you could.
Speaker 2: Be thirty one.
Speaker 4: He was meeting mister shot, mister raff lurenn. He was the only black person in the rafflerenn As. You want to know what's crazy is I went to one of them shows.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you was.
Speaker 4: I think of Jacob Javis and the man came out into like a potato sack and was like hopping on the ruck. This ship was an exciting time, bro, this all no, I'm telling you. It was an exciting time when they had the clothing brands and all that were you at April walk up Naughty by Nature.
Speaker 2: Everybody had a line.
Speaker 5: Everybody had a line and it was and it was working walk away wool with yeah, all of that. When the wou did it, they had a store, Naughty by Nature had a store all naughtied out, woos all wooed out.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, man, that's the crazy. Who do you think? Who would you say? A couple.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna put you on the spot like I do Jada of unsung heroes like like rappers that should have got more recognition than they did.
Speaker 5: Wow, I think he gets it now. I think that Noidy played a good role in for the Ground, for the Underground with CNN. You know, I mean clearly I'm a queen's guy, but I love you know, Mob Deep. You know, just just the body of work is just you know, the consistency, Like to me, it's like the Locks, Mob Deep, you know, like blue collar hip hop to me. And I I'm not trying to say that that's less then, I'm just saying that's like work. And every time you hear it, you could feel the work, and you could hear the work. You can hear the work in kiss voice, you know, you can hear the work in styles. You can hear the work and styles you know. You know, it just goes on forever. And I think I've always been stuck in that lane of that type of music. Like I can tell when it's commercial, like I feel like, you know, okay, they're going.
Speaker 2: For the radio with this one. But I'm good with the third or fourth cut on the album. I'm good with that right there.
Speaker 4: You know, I felt you was gonna say somebody I saw you used to play what was that man's name?
Speaker 2: What was the guy's name? You played a lot of you put me on the reggae music. What was my man? Oh? Jamal skit.
Speaker 3: Buddy?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I thought you're gonna say, lock him ship bat you lock him Chappez Yeah, yeah, tru yest like, yeah, there's a lot of I was sawing un.
Speaker 2: All set us rich by the way they underground were rich. I was waiting for you to say something unsung souper so many I just I guess can't. So there's so many of them that over the years we've worked with So maybe you know the story. We got an episode on what we was talking about.
Speaker 4: Jersey, Yes, right, so Chill, rob G and Snap remember you played them both they had the same I was mad at the same time.
Speaker 2: How does it happen? I don't know, and I asked you happened?
Speaker 5: I think that you know, like back in the days, you would get they would license your music over to UK, or to Germany or to Japan or wherever. So it's a new version here, but they licensed it and put a whole nother artist on the record, and Snap comes out with this ding fucking record. I never understood, so they both us hits.
Speaker 4: Yet three years ago, I meet the guy Turbo that was the guy who was the rapper on the Snap record, and I met him in the in Wyo.
Speaker 5: It was a B boy contest or something. He was in, Yeah, and I went through the thing and they were like Turbos from Snappers here and I was like rude like that. He's looking at me like like, you know, don't have no beef with me.
Speaker 2: I'm it was a long time ago. I don't care. So we start talking and he was like, yeah, you know, he's like a big dude too. Oh no, he was big then. Just you look like, yeah, he was a big dude that, but I was.
Speaker 5: I played Jill rob G because that was the first one I had. I couldn't do that, you know, like and that that happens in the music business. You played the Snap too, not as much, not as much. He wasn't feeling it like that. I just felt like the principal, you know, like how we tea just passed away? What kind of Fuck Legends first video.
Speaker 4: One of the first people asked me it was the first hip hop video he played on videos, And I always say CD three Get Tough, and Howie T was in that group.
Speaker 2: I didn't know the world is rough, yeah tough. How we name all the world that roughs to get tough. I didn't know he was guy him as a coming up. Ain't got a problem with it. I look beautiful. I'm rewinded up legs. Get If I want to get.
Speaker 4: Drunk, I drink the so least my leg is getting strung. You know what I decided, I'm going into the gym. I'm gonna start working on my legs. You know what I'm saying, get them cock diesel, strong guy.
Speaker 2: You hear this guy God? But yeah, oh that was the time.
Speaker 4: But all that money talks, money talk, Yeah yeah, and you would play ship.
Speaker 2: I play a little freestyle, you know, because that was New York.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm gonna play you know, Sweet Sensation and the cover Girls and that kind of vibe because I was going to those spots ten eighteen, the rock Seeds, they was playing that. You know, you had to play, you know, certain records like that record So Hot that record, right, But the same dude who's producing for karras One produced that record, Like that dude.
Speaker 4: Who's like, there wasn't no no, there was nothing underground, you know what. I was with Spike in Brooklyn, Spike Lee. Yes, let me not say that lightly, but I'm with Spike Lee and he throws a party in Brooklyn. I going there and Homeboy was in there, the guy who may.
Speaker 2: Set it off. Oh straight, he performed set it off on the love y'all set it off. I was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, hold on, Joe. So this he's part of my video music Box experience and I bought you guys something, So I think it's a good time to bring it.
Speaker 2: Bring it out.
Speaker 5: The video music Box Experiences of there's a party that we do with all different types of artists.
Speaker 2: So Straf is one of the main people. You got the suit in there. You're looking at a fat rack like a fat no, I got that question.
Speaker 5: It's called a video music Box experience. It's a party from all different generations. So we'll have last last time we had group Home. Oh I love them.
Speaker 4: They was at his birthday party right day was group Home in years Yeah, I love those guys. That was wife Donald, Little dapt Malaka. They came through little Dappers did he bopping it ship? That's real hip hop.
Speaker 2: That was the real hip hop ship right there. Yeah Malachi that Yeah, I love those guys.
Speaker 4: A big sugar and anything that Premo has something to do with, shout out the Pange everybody, everything, Primo.
Speaker 2: Has to do what it was like.
Speaker 5: Premo said that was one of his favorite albums because he did most of the album and he felt like that was one of his best words.
Speaker 2: That group Home album.
Speaker 4: Them beats on his timeless so time disgusted. Yeah, yeah, anytime you hear about videos, boxing is a vibe.
Speaker 5: It's fun. It's for all ages. People sing along, they rap along, they dancing. And I've been seeing him sold out. All the parties you've been throwing is sold out. Crazy big up late development my partner. You know, I work a lot man.
Speaker 4: Every time I try to sneak up in there to give you a little fat yo I'm watching from like Vegas or La or some ship like that, I'm like, damn, you.
Speaker 2: Always been there. That gotta be for fun. Yeah, yeah, I'm always be there. Yes, sir, you know what I'm saying, you know, I pulled up in Brooklyn. You know what I'm saying. Right Coney Island, Remember, heyb.
Speaker 4: Here, Coney Island was sick, crazy, I like that last week in Brooklyn to the to the to the funeral, and I just I felt like I had to be there. I felt like, you know, everybody, So my my brother Raises Ony Ray was you know, you deal with somebody for ship almost thirty five years, me and him doing stuff raise the kind of person with cold.
Speaker 5: You gotta get Jada kissed today, he's got to be on the show. And I'm like, and then it was standing in front of me, so you're waiting for me to call him right now, Like I have to do that right now, you know, like he'd be pressuring me because he just he's Jada loves you, Ralph. And I'm like, but Jada has no life, bro, I just can't turn up then do something. I can't ask Joe. But he's that kind of He's that guy.
Speaker 2: You know, without that energy, there never would have been a DJ Khaled. Wow.
Speaker 4: There's stories of Calid climbing over gates for certain artists to get on the songs.
Speaker 2: He he made me get Eminem on the Lean Back Remax. He was like, you can get the white boy, you could get him. I said, Bro, that man is not thinking about me. Bro. He was like, get him, get the white boy, get the white He put the battery in my back so much that I threw out the kite. Yo, you think you want to get on this song? And he said yes, I ain't never gonna forget Eminem.
Speaker 4: He broke his promise because when he got on that song, he said, you got one favorite, Joe, So I getting on the remix on the Name Back and then he got.
Speaker 2: Back on my album a couple of years later. So he did two for me. But it's guys like that.
Speaker 4: So when you got when you got nas, you got jay Z on your documentary, you know this is my one favorite.
Speaker 2: I gotta ask, yeah, this is it? Oh yass? I pulled I went to him. I went and got him in Miami. I pulled up.
Speaker 4: I was dead, and they know what Cali caught Cold caught Covid.
Speaker 2: Nobody wanted to say what it was.
Speaker 4: None of he caught Covid that ship. He was the only person that that shit was like the ant told nobody we got COVID. He said, this guy calend is in the house all the time. How the hell did he get COVID? Yo, bros in the house the man Calic one time and and and this is all love, but w it's the COVID.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm one of the only guys. They test everybody. We need to walk in his house. You gotta get tested.
Speaker 4: The barber was wearing like one of them fucking spacesuits like like this. One day he almost fainted. The barber, no send, the barber did like this. We had to grab him. I was like, yo, this ship was like it was in Miami a thousand degrees and he was cutting his ship outside because he couldn't go in the house. He had a space suit. Right, I'm like your Calid man getting get a mess of water something. So when he caught bro Calid was one of the most paranoid guys with COVID in the world.
Speaker 2: And so I remember when he caught COVID. I'm looking at and you know what else? Color did KLi. You know, we all got brothers that we love, but some of them is pretty weird.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Not only did Calech catch COVID, but.
Speaker 4: He made everybody take a COVID test, not because they could have COVID.
Speaker 2: He wanted to know where he got COVID from. He wanted to know.
Speaker 4: If I gave him covidor this one gave him COVID.
Speaker 2: The barber he made all of it. No, no, but he made us go to the real doctor. Urgent can't get COVID tests because he wanted to know who gave it to him. Did you ever find No? But I was talking to him out the window. He's like he had doctors twenty four hours, like you know you got he's It was like, look, Kelly's pretty upsetsive gotta get it rough me tell him, you gotta get with him. And he was like, yo, I got COVID. I went to his house to nick Man. They had him like like when Trump caught COVID. You know how they took him to the special doctor. That man had doctors in there. Like it was like he was aye, like you could tell he was gonna be a cod huh oh no, no no. At that time, it was like you caught COVID. People were dying.
Speaker 4: It was a very he caught it, like at the serious time where everybody was dying.
Speaker 2: This this that it wasn't COVID. Later, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 10: It's only serious and if something, he won't I knew a guy that worked for Nike man such a beautiful guy, and he's one of the first guys that caught COVID.
Speaker 2: It was a beautiful guy.
Speaker 4: And when he went to the hospital, I think he went in there by himself. You know, your family can't.
Speaker 2: Go in there. And they had everybody dead in like the hallways and all that, and I think he died scared to death. He had COVID. Facts.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just a very serious I'm not being funny. I'm just saying, you know, if they take you in the hospital, if it's funny, I'm gonna erase them this ship. I don't want to be I don't want this to be funny. I'm just saying, if they take you in there, you sick, and everybody's.
Speaker 2: Dad in the hallways and we've seen it. He had COVID. No, No, you couldn't leave once you went in there. I can't I go with so where's mad?
Speaker 4: Dead body's But people like like especially the older family, topped me up the back and all.
Speaker 2: But the older people thought, you know, they believe in whatever the doctor says. Go in somewhere. I don't care if you could walk and talk it slid, drag your foot and you see mad dead body. Drag your head out the door again. It listens, listen to kiss.
Speaker 1: It's three uncles in it, Uncle Luke, his uncle Snoop and his uncle Ralph.
Speaker 2: You the you they uncle reg So you can't figure here, We can't. We can't leave you out on you. Everybody's uncle. You've been uncle before, you was oup. How you feel about it? I mean you look, look, Red is the one who made me Uncle Ralph. He called me uncle Ralph.
Speaker 5: So he said, he said, look, go see Ralph, because he's going to tell you and give you the plug to the next move that you gotta make.
Speaker 2: So that's what your uncle's supposed to do. Hook you up, all right? I got you.
Speaker 4: Go over here, Go see Joe, Go see Jada, go see whoever. And they were going to tell you what to do next. I don't know, go see them. And when they come, Jada goes, yeah, I got you both. And that was what the uncle thing was, just to pass it on the information. No, no, no blocking, no you know, no no gateholding. You know, just come on, man, we all want to win. You know, as long as he's not gonna get you in no trouble, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Listen, man, this is the legendary. I don't know how to explain it to you.
Speaker 4: If you from outside of New York City and you don't quite understand, uh, I say, what's the name of the documentary?
Speaker 2: Ralph?
Speaker 4: You're watching video music Boxes directed by NAS and it's on showtime.
Speaker 2: You can watch it still. Now, you can't get a guy like Nas to go direct ship. I just wanted to do it. I know he did. Ja wanted to do it. I wanted to everybody wanted to do it. And when you call you get this.
Speaker 3: You probably wanted to people that can call anybody that get a yes when you get a first ring ante and you get a yes when you.
Speaker 2: Ask for whatever you act for, how does that fit? Yes? Some of the most people coaching.
Speaker 5: Look, you know, I was I was on stage with with DJ Technician last night and I said, and I said, and I said, I said, your.
Speaker 2: Luck from the Fromide and he just kicked in like that. I was like, no, good, no rock.
Speaker 4: You know these guys, man, people don't realize you give him a shot out in the run like like like I tell rich player all the time, whether good or bad, when you get that perfect shout out, like you know to me, you know what jay Z said your OG I made you hot on New York.
Speaker 2: This shit took over Franks and Nat your like on that big so on your o G. I made you hot. Yeah, I'm up and there hin it?
Speaker 4: Like I mean, like, that's a fucking shout out, Like you know, shoutouts could change your life.
Speaker 5: Hey, look, I'm on the Jayson mentioned my name on the album. I'm like this, like what I know you didn't just say my name? So look, I appreciate it and I get it. Shoutouts are important.
Speaker 2: No they you feel good invent shout out? You invent the shout out? What else you invented?
Speaker 4: Hey look, I think that for me is just appealing to the street. The blue collar guy who goes to work every day. He loves this coach, he loves hip hop, he loves to get fly on the weekends, he pops some bottles and does whatever he does.
Speaker 2: He works, he does his thing. I love them. I love them, the sisters that love it too. So that's that's my Listen.
Speaker 4: The hip hop game would not be what it is if it wasn't for Ralph McDaniels. Uh, living legend icon. They gotta they gotta think of other words.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: The other day, with no disrespect, we did a little trivia and the guy asked us, guys call up and answer the question.
Speaker 2: They say, Yo, rap City or MTV? No, who was this rap City or your m TV the basement? We said, neither own music.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what the streets, The streets told me that the streets they told you, or the streets staff didn't.
Speaker 5: Immediately Yo, Joe and Jada just bicked you up. I said, legends, yes, you know, look we would. It had to start somewhere, like did he said in my documentary there was Moses first.
Speaker 2: So I'm Moses.
Speaker 4: Now you are brother. We love you, man, and thank you. Shout out to the wife, your daughter, your whole entire family.
Speaker 2: I love you guys. Like I said, I am Joey McDaniels for life. You stuck with me, y'all. Y'all, y'o, Ralph, you stuck with me. I'm Joey McDaniels. Sick up to your family bro, this is this, This is the Joe and Jada that ain't this and this ain't that. Ain't got a non for profit that we got to shout out here?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah oh the video Measy Watch collection dot org support it, Video body Collection dot org. All the people that love hip hop, the rich people that love hip hop and when if you got five dollars or ten dollars. Video Music Box Collection dot org is per preserving the culture, archiving it and making it available so that the next Jadakiss and Joe and Ralph McDaniels can go out and see it.
Speaker 2: So, now with that being said, that ain't this this, ain't that, it's kissing crack. Make some noise for Uncle Ralph.