Speaker 1: We're back with another week of football, and Draft Kings Sportsbook is keeping us in all the NFL action with great offers every single game day. New customers can bet five dollars and get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bet thro five down on any of this week's epic matchups and walk away an instant winner. Football is more fun when you're in on the action, so download the aut now and sign up with Cold Shannon. New customers can bet five dollars and get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bet only on Draft King Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL with Cold Shannon.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 1: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or visit ww dot one eight hundred gambler dot net in New York called eight seven seven eight hope N why or text hope N why. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven to seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of bootthell Casino and Resort licensee partner Golden Nugget Lake Charles twenty one plus age varies by jurisdiction board in Ontario. See Sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com, slash Football terms for eligibility terms and responsible gaming resources. Bonus bets expire seven days after issuance. Eligibility and deposit restrictions applies. Thank you, Thank you, guys. Welcome to another episode of Nightcap. I'm your favorite UNC, Shannon Sharp. He's my co host, Chad o Cho Senko Johnson, and let's get right into the action. I think he just started off with this. Nick Chubbs suffers what appears to be a very very serious injury. Oh Jo. Now remember in twenty fifteen when he was in college he tore his MCL, his pcls, his MCL and Cartly's damage in the same knee that was injured tonight. Now, not doctor Andrews or doctor Neil latrosh but from my eye, from where out my vantage point, Ojo, it looks like a very serious injury. And I would be shocked if he played this year. And when we talk about the running back you and I we've talked about this last week, last week, Ocho, y Ocho. What scares the owners is the running back longevity. Nick Jubb goes down. Looks like he's gonna be lost for an extended period of time. Six one Barkley, he's gonna be gone for three weeks. JK. Dobbins, he's gone for the year. Austin Eckler, he's out. Montgomery, he's out. So I see both sides of the coin. The owner saying, because you play such a high collision position, we don't want to ensure you or give you the guaranteed money. But the running backs are saying, that's why we want the guaranteed money because.
Speaker 2: We played that position. But the funny thing about it.
Speaker 3: Funny thing about it, it really it isn't just the running back position.
Speaker 2: This is all positions.
Speaker 3: In general want the security and the guaranteed money based on their performance.
Speaker 2: That's what That's what everything is based off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we know what we know through studies. The running back have the shortest shelf life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they do have the shortest shelf life. But when you when you look at it, you understand even with a short shelf life, running backs like Nick Chubb or he's a he's a special running back. He's in the category of his own with CMC, Alvin Kamara, Derrick Henry and a few others, so there's a difference. He warns a payday that is just like that that he makes. I think he's one of he's one of the few who's in in double digit when it comes to how much he earns a year per salary. But tonight was very unfortunate.
Speaker 1: Tonight, it was And I think the thing is is that when you look at it, Joe, most guys safety dbs realize they can't tackle Nick Chubb in his chest. We've seen him on on social media squatting well over six hundred maybe close to seven hundred pounds.
Speaker 2: Almost seven hundred sixt seventy five.
Speaker 1: So they know in order to get him down you got to chop him. It kind of reminds me of the injury you remember Williams McGahee in the Ye he got state. Yes, he kind of got tackled very similar and suffered. I mean, so I don't know the extent of the injuries. But it didn't look good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it didn't look good. It was hard for me.
Speaker 1: I saw.
Speaker 3: I saw the first time. I didn't want to see the replay. I didn't want to see the replay. But usually there there's an advantage, there's a size advantage when it comes to the running back and the safety coming downhill on that collision, and the first thing they do, they're extinctively they go low, You go to the laces, and you hit the knee.
Speaker 2: Obviously, you don't want to see anybody injured.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you really.
Speaker 3: Can't tell anybody how to tackle, and obviously the way the rules are right now, you want to be extremely careful.
Speaker 2: You don't want to leave with the helmet.
Speaker 3: It's hard to hit with the shoulder because you hurt yourself because you ad a disadvantage of the safety trying to come up and hit someone as big as Chubb is.
Speaker 2: With that with that power in his lord, that kind of pay exactly.
Speaker 3: So the first thing you do is you go low, because you know once you take the legs out anything from the knee and below, they got the fall no matter what.
Speaker 1: Exactly, Yes, it's it's very unfortunate. And so that really handicapped because he was really their offense because you could do so much off of him because you have to drop that guy down. And now that Shaun is throwing a lot of single coverage, So what where where do the I mean Ford came in and fielding admirably. Do you feel they need to go out get Kareem Hunt. I don't know some of the other free agent running backs. He's familiar with this system, right, he played had some success. There is it something that they need to add or do they feel comfortable going moving forward forward?
Speaker 3: I mean it's okay, you want to be able to move forward forward, but obviously you want to bring in Kareem Hunt who is also familiar with the system. You know, they were the one two punch when when Chubb was healthy. Uh not, not not very long ago. I mean, it would only be smart. It would only be smart. You know, he's not Night saying he's the same type of running back, but he's someone who can give you quality, quality reps at the position and has been successful as well.
Speaker 2: He's not a successful as Hup, but there was a time for Kareem Hunt.
Speaker 1: Was that boy? Yeah, but he was that boy. He's more of a he's more of a multipurpose back. He could run. We saw him rushmover fifteen hundred. But he's also good at catching the ball out of the backfield, making people miss getting the ball down the field. You know what, Ojo, we got to have an open, open and honest conversation. It's time to talk about the Browns quarterback. That man got a big contract, two hundred and thirty fully guaranteed. He threw a pick six, he had a scooping score, and he threw another, and he had another fumble, and at some point in time, we can't keep blaming it on Russ. We can't keep saying o cho uh, it's early. They paying this man too. He got that gargantu with contract. It's time to put up Ojo.
Speaker 3: He has that gargang answer a contract based on what he did in a season, wait, two seasons ago, twenty twenty one. If I'm not mistaken, right, you know what he he missed.
Speaker 1: He missed that. But remember he didn't play, remember because all the other stuff that was circulating, So he didn't play that year.
Speaker 3: Saw that right, So he's he Remember he got the contract based off the twenty twenty twenty season. Then correct for that matter. For the twenty twenty crazy put up crazy numbers. He gave people crazy work. In that said, with the Houston Texan if you look at if you look at if you look at what he had to work with.
Speaker 2: Yes, but but but here's the thing, Oh Joe.
Speaker 3: Listen, I got to look at the Texans roster. Look at the Texans roster. Oh Joe, he's not on the Texans roster. He's on the Browns roster with.
Speaker 2: Much better talent, with much better talent surrounding him.
Speaker 1: So you so you so you you agree with me?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm I'm agreeing with you. But again, but we we we we in week two?
Speaker 1: Huh we' in week two? So hold on? Hold on? Time a time about hold on? When you had a bad game, when did people give people consolation when you when you're top dog and you making big money, they said, oh, man, it's only week one. Oh Joe, okay, oh it's only week two. When did we get that kind of concession you get home? I'm asking you a question. Did you get those kind of concessions when you played? Yes or no? At times?
Speaker 2: Yes, especially when it was early.
Speaker 1: That explains why the Bengals were in the situation they were in because you because oh Joe, you making top dollars, you wanted the highest paid and you're gonna base it, and you're gonna base it on early.
Speaker 2: No, you wanted the top paid for a reason. You wanted the top paid.
Speaker 1: For a reason. You got to live up to that reason.
Speaker 2: So, okay, he threw a pick six at night, right, he.
Speaker 3: Threw a pick six, and he gave score a scoop and Score, Yeah, whose fault wasn't on the pick?
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't like I didn't like the rock. Come hold on because I don't. I don't. I don't like it. I don't like to stop route outside with the stick inside when you're playing man coverage. So you see when you see when Minka walk, the safety's walk, that's man. So it was kind of like I didn't like the combination. But the tight end pulled up. I don't know why you pull it up because you see hot Smill walks with you, so therefore it's telling you it's man coverage and you got the John threw it. But you know how this goes. Whoever threw the ball, that's who gives credit. Especially don't go on your resume. It went on Carsons.
Speaker 3: Okay, but this this is what I like though, the fact that we know what happened, the fact that you don't like the combination of the of the rock combination.
Speaker 1: So I did not.
Speaker 3: Let's let's talk about that instead of saying, well, it's on, it's on, it's the Shawn's fault. We have the fat for them to let the people know it's not the Shawn's fault because of so and so on whatever it may be. Schematically, we can't say, well, uh, you know it's it's the Shawn's fault. We know the game of football and you know why it was interception. So I don't want to put it on nobody.
Speaker 1: And what in what you've seen, what you've seen from the Shawn last year and this year, is he go to that payday?
Speaker 3: Last year we had a small sample size and nothing but six games. Now I know we not basing nothing off of that social Cleveland.
Speaker 1: So Cleveland should give him. So Cleveland should give him a small sample size of his contract. So until you start paying better than I'll pay you the portion of your contract. Come on, o Joe, we gotta stop this. We're making it. Were making concessions for guys that never got concessions made for in the past because we like him. I like the Shawan too, but Sean has got living up to it.
Speaker 2: I like everybody.
Speaker 3: But he got a contract right, but he hasn't been able to play a full season yet to say anything, to say anything regarding the contract that he did get.
Speaker 2: He got it for what he did in the past.
Speaker 1: No, no, Ojoe, we give you a contract based on what we can believe. We've already paid you for that we pay so now we're based. We're paying you based on what we can believe you can do. We in week two.
Speaker 2: We're in week two. You ain't played the whole year, you had six games last year. We basically anything offense.
Speaker 1: That's what you fear off o Jo. Remember I ask you how long are we gonna use use Russ? Are we gonna be going into next year saying? Remember he was off for two years, So I'm asking you how long are we gonna use rust?
Speaker 2: Listen offensively? Right, think about it.
Speaker 3: When you come out of the preseason, most of the starters don't play, right, the starters don't play.
Speaker 2: So when the season.
Speaker 3: Starts, based on what I can remember, when I was playing for the defense, it's easy.
Speaker 2: All you gotta do is read it and react offensively.
Speaker 3: When I was playing with the Bengals and we were we were on our on our humming, like when we was humming like two thousand and five, we ain't start getting our chemistry and start really putting work in together Carson and I in that offense in general, until we got a week four, week five.
Speaker 2: But and then we hit the ground running the rest of the season.
Speaker 3: But I agree, now we talk about but god, damn you know you mean you we paid to this money, wouldn't we gonna get to see? I mean it's it's the other Jews on the other side of the ball they getting paid to. Yes, yes, he just planning against nobody.
Speaker 1: Now, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on. I don't hear them other dudes be talking. They wasn't sending you no Milker magnesia. They wouldn't tell it. They weren't holding up no signs. You said, you're that guy. That what you're saying, that dog, And now you want me to make hifessions for you?
Speaker 2: This is this is the quarterback position.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, this is the quarterback position, and it's ridiculed in a different in a different way than every other people.
Speaker 1: Why they why they make the most money? I just want you to tell me why they make the most money.
Speaker 3: They make they make the most money because it's the most The second, the second most difficult position on the field.
Speaker 1: If the stop it, it's the most difficult position to play in put don't don't do that.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on, don't do that.
Speaker 3: You've been playing football long enough to know that dB is the most difficult position on the field.
Speaker 1: Don't do that. No, it's not. Look I get listen. I get it, Oh Joe, I get it. If you're saying if it's is it harder to play than a wide receiver, yes, is it harder to play than most positions. But the quarterback there's a reason why he plays the most important position in the professional sports. Because he touches the ball every single every everything it goes through him. Okay, because a quarterback, Hey, we've seen don lock somebody down, but it's because this quarterback was trash.
Speaker 2: They got led up eight up right.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I see what you mean from that perspective, when you look at it, when you say it that way.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just asking you how long are we gonna use the rust argument? I just need to know, I.
Speaker 3: Say, give it give it to a week four week five, week four, week five, and and that's for every offense in NFL.
Speaker 2: That's for every single one.
Speaker 1: I tell you what I will, I will what I do, agree and I and I've always liked playing in the preseason because I needed my timing saying, I needed my breathing. So I like the way Mike did it. Okay, we're gonna play ten snaps and we're gonna play twenty snaps, and we're gonna take it into the third quarter. Then we're gonna miss because if if, because the first couple of weeks is gonna be like preseason. You gotta get your body. And that's why I think some of the injuries is because you're asking a guy to go, all of a sudden, just cre crek Creek and then go one hundred miles an hour.
Speaker 3: Hit it and hit it running, which is another thing, another thing that I that I used to do.
Speaker 2: I used to love the preseason.
Speaker 3: I used to say season because for the people that's watching, let me, let me, let me give you a small, a small, a small story, very small story.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna keep it short.
Speaker 3: You can practice three hundred and sixty five days a year and practice and practice and practice. You can practice all day in the prease, and you can practice all day in training camp.
Speaker 2: Matter of fact, Shann we had to do two a days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had to do two days. And when you get to the game, it ain't nothing nothing like field.
Speaker 1: And even though we even though, like you said, oh yo, we played the game in the preseason, back when you and I played that first game, the moment we went hurry up, oh we went two minutes.
Speaker 3: I was dog tired, tired because it's different, no matter, there's no way to know. There is no way to rent du simulated. It's impossible, man, Listen, I got that. I got to the preseason games. I'll never forget. I wanted to get acclimated to game tempo very fast. I remember making Marmon Lewis call the time I refused to come out the preseason game.
Speaker 2: I refused to come out. I refused to come.
Speaker 3: Out because I really wanted that time to make sure when I got the Week one, I had got everything I need to get out of me. So I'm at game speed, game tempo. I didn't care who the quarterback was at the time. I'm out there trying to stay I want to stay with the two. Let me stay with the threes.
Speaker 2: I'm okay. Let me work on my stuff to make sure I'm good and ready to go Week one.
Speaker 1: Well, that's enough about Cleveland. Let's talk about the Steelers. I thought Brian Flora's did a great job. He was dolling up pressure. If you look at the last aeries of the game, they brought fire every single snap. We are not going to let you get comfortable. Were bringing gas, gas, all gas, no breaks.
Speaker 3: But the thing that the Browns have to do right if you understand you got t J. Watt, If you understand that everybody on that offensive line is at a disadvantage, you know you're gonna bring pressure. They're not get back there and toss the ball to Cooper. Elijah Moore. I'm not sure how to pronounce the tight ends name the right way. Joke in joke, I don't want to be disrespectful to him and not gonna let you get comfortable. You got Nick Chubb, so many different things you can do, and once Chubb go down, everything becomes that much more uncomfortable for you. Offensively, the playbook itself, it shrinks significantly because even with Ford back there, it's still different.
Speaker 2: It's still different.
Speaker 3: Now you know what we could play five and having and cover the rest and we straight we got nothing but a beautiful umbrella.
Speaker 2: What you're gonna do now? Right?
Speaker 1: Because and a lot of times they didn't really need the brain pressure because TJ. Watton hot Smith creates so much havoc on the offensive line. We can sit back and play a shell coverage. But Brian Flores says, the hell with that. I'm coming. I'm coming right right, oh man. But the Steelers, the Steelers needed that victory. The last thing you want to do is have two home games go oh and too on your own field and then have to go on the road. So they really needed this game. But offensively they're gonna the defense won this game for him, oyo. But they're gonna have to get better. Kenny Pickett is going to have to get better. They're gonna have to find some resemblance of a running game. Naji Haarish he didn't really get started. He had a great run reverse field. But that offense is gonna have to give them more if the Steelers are going to want to get to where they want to be.
Speaker 2: I got a question for you.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not sure if you're gonna remember they have a young fellow over there on offense that wears number fourteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, George Picks.
Speaker 2: Last name, his name is, last name is Pickens.
Speaker 1: Pickens.
Speaker 2: First ball he touched, what happened?
Speaker 1: He got gone?
Speaker 2: He was gone to the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Over there in Minnesota, they got a special player. Yeah, last name Jefferson. They move him all around offensively to make sure he gets his touches because when he gets the ball, ain't no telling what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: He's a home running.
Speaker 3: Hitter from me want the field. Over there in Pittsburgh, they got something just similar. I'm not saying Pickens is justin Jefferson, okay, but I'm saying he's that caliber receiver when you when you get the ball in his hands, he can do something special. Let's why make the game that complicated, Why make the game that difficult. Get the ball of your play makers hands early, get your quarterbacks some confidence, keep your receiver in the game by giving him a touch early, the one who's your play making, your home run hitter from anyone in the field, and it makes things easier.
Speaker 2: It makes the game easier.
Speaker 1: But the biggest difference is, no matter what you might think of Cousins, he's better. He's better than Kenny Pickett.
Speaker 3: No, no, okay, you know, I'm glad you said that. I'm glad you said that he's better than Kenny Pickett. Right, Yeah, but Kenny Pickett had and George Pickens. Yeah he had George. There are certain receivers, and there are certain receivers in the NFL that makes a quarterback job easy because they're George Maag is one of those players.
Speaker 2: I tell you what. I don't know how much you follow Bangal player too.
Speaker 1: I don't know how much you follow NASCAR, but I grew up following NASCAR. So I'm gonna give you. Let's you say, Joey Logano or Kislowski, if they take a street car and we get on the track, they're gonna beat you. You know why because they're better at their job than you are. So driving cars is what they do. So in other words, you could have the best, you could have the best of the best wide receiver, but without a quarterback, you limited in what he can do for.
Speaker 2: Don't do that. Don't do that.
Speaker 3: As a quarterback, your job is to facilitate and throw the ball, put the ball in the area. A created equal, No, they not created equal, because summer come on tiers. We have Tier one, Tier two, TIERSO right, that's what I'm trying to tell you. But I'm trying to I'm trying to give you a better understanding of the greatness in George Pickens, and they are using him the right way, using certain people the right way. It makes you, It makes everyone else in job easy. It makes it makes it makes how you pick it that much better when you and George Pickings the right way. If you and George picking is the right way, Kenny Pikett looks like goddamn Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 1: How can how can I get you the mail? Of my truck won't run. I can't get you your mail, O Jo. I'm trying. I want to deliver you the mail, O Joe. I do. I want to get you your mail cause I know how important it is to you. It might be you know what, It might be that lottery check, or it might be a it might be fair a Ojo, don't leave your house today. Somebody looking for you, so it might be a piece of information that's very important to you. I want to get you your mail, and that's what I'm trying to tell you. Yes, I understand that pickets are a special is a special talent. But doesn't he needs someone to get him the football that you because if you you put pressure on Picket, the first thing he does is his head go down. He still has that, he still has that college mentality. I'm not, hey, secure the ball and the moment you get out of the podact your hair pop back up. Look at the greats. Look at what they do. Look at And I'm not saying great. I'm not saying. I'm not saying obviously Patrick Mahomes is at the top tier. But I'm saying the quarterbacks that get it like, Okay, yeah, I got to secure the ball. Let me see where everybody else and as soon as as soon as I get free, my head goes up.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: But I want you to get a better understanding of what I'm saying. Okay, what I'm saying. There are players. There are players in the NFL skilless, especially receivers. They make offensive coordinating job easy. Yes, it makes most of the coordinating job easy when you have certain players on your team, like let's say let's say let's use Deon for example, whoever was the defensive coordinator going into games that have prime it made him job easy because you know what I ain't got to worry about this side of the ball, about the I just.
Speaker 1: Told you the other day. When you making a reference, when you're doing a when you're comparing.
Speaker 3: Reference, I'm just using the best references. Not saying George Pickens. I'm not saying George Pickens is Deon Sanders. I'm saying on the Pittsburgh Steelers team, he is the one offensive player that makes everybody's job easy because of what he can do on the field. Woom around, move him around. If the running game ain't going, you know what you do offensively? Where's the creativity? Where's the creativity offensively and moving? Okay, well I'm let me.
Speaker 2: I'm listen.
Speaker 1: Mac.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't blame Matt Canada. I can't. I can't do that. But what he needs to do is make him job easy because he has a who's for it. It's right there. All you got to do is going to shed That's all you got to do. I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Though. In the earlier game the Saints win when twenty seventeen over the Panthers, Bryce Young, it was really tough. Look, I know a lot of people gonna say, Brice bro you do understand the number one overall pick, if he's a quarterback, he's going to a bad team. Y'all make it seem like he's going to the forty nine ers or he's going to a Kansas City or the Eagles. That doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: Oh so you prove him a point? What he had nothing to lean on? Huh?
Speaker 3: No, you're going to a bad team. Yes, he had, he had nothing to lean on.
Speaker 1: No, I think about it. What could have helped him? He was included in the trade package. You remember Dj Moore, he was in Carolina. They traded him to get So, I mean, what weapons have you had?
Speaker 3: What weapons have you gave him come out of Alabama? Yes, outs understood Brightce's young strengths and his weaknesses. Yes, you understand his strengths is in his weaknesses offensively. That offense should be predicated to what he's good at doing.
Speaker 1: What receivers did he have as good as the receivers that he had in Alabama? Now you remember who.
Speaker 2: This is the NFL. We're not gonna do that. We're not gonna do that.
Speaker 1: All right. This is remember we had the conversation about tour Look at tour receivers he had Jerry Judy, he had Rubs, he had Devonte Smith. Who else was the other first rounder? He had another? He had Metchi, he had he had Jaylen Wadleig. So Miami says, hold on, wait a minute, y'all saying, the man a bus. But we ain't got one receiver on our roster that was comparable to the ones that he had at Alabama. Well, let's make sure we draft one from Alabama. They got Jaylen wattle And what did they do? They traded first round pick, a third round pick in multiple picks to get Tyreek. That gave him there was a reason. This is what I always tell people. Oo, if you take somebody in free agency, yes sir, make sure you put him in the situation what made you fall in love with him. So don't give a guy that's a man corner and make it and make him play zone, or don't get a zone corner and make him play man. What you fell in love with with Bryce Young was of the ability to get the ball like quick and to throw it to a guy to let him make plays. Who in the hell he has that can mix him plays for it?
Speaker 3: Shorten up everything, keep him a shotgun, RPO at play action. It have it hand it off due to his strengths. Play to his strengths. And if you understand he doesn't have weapons like he had at Alabama, you know what you do. You predicate the offense to a quick game, predicate the offense to a cook and you continue doing that with the run and every so often you hit him with a play action.
Speaker 2: But we can't make excuse.
Speaker 3: About oh Wall, he don't have the same level of talent that receiver that he had at Alabama.
Speaker 2: Man, it's the NFL.
Speaker 1: Man, are we are we lying?
Speaker 3: We at the NFL? Look okay, so another word. If that's the case, these are the one These are one percentage of the world. Now you do know that, right?
Speaker 1: Hold on, wait a minute. There's a difference. Now there's billionaires. There's a guy that worth one billion, there's a guy worth ten billion. There's a guy worth thirty billion. There's a guy worth a hundred billion, there's a guy worth two hundred billion. They're all billionaires. But there's levels to this, Old Joe. There's fifteen hundred NFL players. All fifteen hundred players aren't equal. That's it.
Speaker 3: I know we're not all equal, but fifteen hundred out of how many people in this world, out of how many people in this world.
Speaker 2: Dreaming Bill here at this level, I get that.
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm saying. I'm all I'm saying is that, Yes, everybody, everybody in the NFL are good. Everybody when you get to this level, everybody was probably all state, everybody was probably all America, Star was all this was all that. So you not when you get to this level, nobody is impressed with your high school or college resume because guess what, we're working at the same company. Yes, sir, So you don't impress me because guess what. You use the key card just like I do. You got no special parking, play a spot at the office.
Speaker 3: Listens as a rookie court, as a rookie quarterback. You're gonna have you up and downs.
Speaker 2: Yes, the seasons are. Yeah, the seasons are Peyton Manhabban.
Speaker 1: Troy a had m John Elway had him. Yes, delegation go ahead.
Speaker 2: Owners are impatient. Fans are impatient.
Speaker 3: Again, it's only week two, and obviously they always tell you by the time you get the year three, by the time the year three, it should make it a break a year. Yeah, because he got time with Bruce, he gonna be alright. Ownership you can see what they need to do and what they need to bring in to help the young man succeed.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The reason why you do that but because the quarterbacks are getting extended. So I need to know now because now you extend Bryce Young, that's probably gonna cost you three hundred million dollars in another in another two and a half three years, so you're looking at three hundred million guaranteed. So yeah, this this it's not It's not the way it was because you could let a quarterback take a your Carson Palmers took a year. Some quarterbacks take a couple of years. They're making too much money. Now I got forty million dollars. I got thirty five forty million dollars in fully guaranteed money. Oh Joe, you got to play right away.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, I mean you know that that's a that's a good one. It's a greater testament. But there aren't very many veteran quarterbacks that are still in the game. So Carson Palmer having to sit behind John Kitten, it wasn't that bad. Bright Young having no one to look up to or to actually guide him and just being thrown out into the fire.
Speaker 2: Uh, we got to give him a little leeway.
Speaker 1: But money, I mean John kittenly John kitten probably making Hey. The thing is, you can't have a forty million dollar quarterback in the backup because even a quality backup gonna cost you somewhere between six and two million dollars.
Speaker 3: Who wait, whether Alex math starting before Yes, yes, feel Yeah, sometimes it's good to be able to sit back.
Speaker 1: I'm a firm believer in that. Yes, sometimes it's good. Yes, yes, instead of you.
Speaker 3: Know, being thrown to the wolves and lose you to confidence. You know what that does to a player when you lose your confidence playing in it at the NFL level and things ain't just going well, or you don't have the talent you had around you because now the talent level is all equal.
Speaker 1: They don't have no outlet.
Speaker 2: Boy, that's type of person.
Speaker 1: You get the hell beat out of them and not break because I don't care what material lives. If I hammered enough, I break it. Yeah. It could be a diamond, it can be titanium, carbon fiber. Let me hammer it enough. Yeah, yeah, it's my brother and now he said, boy, you can pick up anything if you cut it in enough pieces. So not only can I carry anything, I can break anything. And so you don't want to break the young man's confidence. But like you said, because it owners are so impatient, because they're doling out so much money for these rookie quarterbacks. Right, and the first basically the first three basically contracts guaranteed. Right, your entire contract is fully guaranteed. And so with that being said, if I'm going to invest three hundred mission guarantees.
Speaker 2: I can't wait till he get to his fifth year.
Speaker 1: I got. I'm a pretty much nobody's third year. What I got.
Speaker 2: Listen, this is what the owners also need to understand, is you can't pay me top dollar and had me eating or driving a Lamborghini, eating burger king. You hear me, give me something.
Speaker 1: To work with you yeah, yeah, yeah, to work.
Speaker 3: With so you get your money's worth out of me. Build around me, like you know, like like they say, build it, they shall come. Yes here is make the man job easy, not difficult. He's not superman and never do no.
Speaker 1: But I think I like what I've seen from the young man. He made and plays and like you said, I agree with you. Give him a little bit a few more weapons unless we we got because that's a winnable division. Because look at Derek Carr. Even though they won this game, Derek Carr was making them play. No that was the plays that they made was because of a love. It wasn't because of Derek Carr. Because of Lave. He's gonna make a lot of quarterbacks look good. But Derek Carr was throwing some ball. I'm like, DC, what the hell are you doing? He threw one ball to Lobvey in triple coverage. I'm like, w TL, Derek Carr, what are you doing? What did you see?
Speaker 2: This game? They had to get a love going. Last game was Shaheed's game. He had a hell of a game.
Speaker 1: He had another he had another big game the game.
Speaker 2: But again, you know how it goes. A J.
Speaker 3: Brown was upset because Devontae Smith had a day. She Heed had a day last week. Now it was time just way the offense rolls, you gotta get ove going, Ojo.
Speaker 2: I guarantee you.
Speaker 1: Whoshmann Zada or Chris Henry having the day that didn't upset you. It was the guy on the other side that had a buck fifteen and you had twenty five that got you going. He watching Justin Jefferson, Justin Jefferson cook it. They they put him in the slot. They put him in the stack. They they and he out the backfield and A J. Brown is like art over there, like I ain't got no ball yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know, I mean you can't. You can't do it. You can't do your top dogs like that. You can't do you receive it like that?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you got I know.
Speaker 2: I know it's one. I know it's one.
Speaker 3: Only one ball, and you know people are black. Oh it's selfish and they only.
Speaker 1: Wanted me to Yeah yeah yeah the one ball and there one shutting shop and I need to touch it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we dev especially paying you a hundred million dollar receiver. I need that ball.
Speaker 1: You don't used to get me up saying o yo. Now they are gone the third quarter, second quarter, third quarter, and now we're struggling eighty four? What you like?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Oh, now y'all, Now y'all know y'all got eighty four team. Oh y'all didn't know that the poll. Now, now y'all want me, y'all want me to create some magic? Who oh, wait a minute, what would have spread it around? You know, we're gonna spread it around. We make everybody they talk good. Now you talk good for the game. Now, all of a sudden, I say, y'all spreading around, keep spreading around. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh there was some days, man, some days, and there was some very frustrating days. Especially what I used to hate is when we would go into a game and we would allow the opposing team to dictate with the ball goals. Yeah, don't let them dictate with the ball goals.
Speaker 2: Impose your will.
Speaker 3: But you have somebody that can get it done regardless, even though it's against the scheme, based on what you see, based on coverage, I'm gonna win for you every time.
Speaker 1: I guess I was very fortunate as I got later in my career with Denver m. Rod Smith developed and it came into his own and so I wasn't. I wasn't as ball dominant, but I never complained for the ball. I mean, hey, if y'all want to pay me what y'all pay me and throw me three balls, I'm gonna go up there and get that check on Monday. That's all. That's all, y'all. I mean, I don't get paid, and that's why I took incentives out. I don't get paid by the catch. I don't get paid by the touchdown. I don't get paid by nothing that the winds play off of anything. Now, if y'all want to throw me ten and and greatly increase your chance of winning, I'm all for that. If you want to throw me two balls and decrease your chance of winning, I'm all for that too. I ain't fin I ain't finna throw no water, I ain't finna slam no head my helmet. I'm not finna do none of that.
Speaker 3: Listen, I lost it, and I can be on I can be honest because we're family here.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, maybe maybe maybe two or three times.
Speaker 1: You lost in the locker room. I ain't never feel on.
Speaker 2: The locker roomline. I ain't going on the sideline because.
Speaker 1: That I had that was the time that that you would that you had to try to calm you down.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I knew about that. I ain't never say nothing. See what I'm saying. You see, I said that I.
Speaker 2: Was I was hurting. So I understand how I understand how A. J. Brown felt. I understand. So I mean it didn't have it didn't.
Speaker 3: It didn't happen often because I was always somewhat under control. But other than that, man that was that was one that was one game, one game, an important game where I felt, this is somewhere you allowing the team to dictate what we want to do, and you have somebody that's a game changer. Don't let them do that thus and I I just I just I've never lived like that.
Speaker 2: And it's like I don't know that that that bothered me real bad.
Speaker 1: That's That's one thing that when you're in this business, you will know certain things that you just take to your grave because everything is not open, is not for public consumption or just because you're on a show to try to share that. There are a lot of things I know about different players, about different teams. But what happened in the locker room, what was said and what I ain't no insider. Y'all don't pay me enough money to break that, right, y'all play the Adam Schefters and the Jay Glazer. Let them. Let the insiders break that. I'm gonna keep talking, but I tell you what, but when I talk, I'm like Ef Hutton, you better listen I be that Patrick Mahomes gets a historic pay their restructuring. Patrick Mahomes restructured this contract two hundred and ten point six million dollars between the years twenty twenty three and twenty twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Patty.
Speaker 3: They sold petty over there, and guess what they're saying.
Speaker 1: They say, we plan to revisit this after the twenty twenty sixth season.
Speaker 3: Well, obviously, Joe Burrow was the highest paid quarterback in the NFL for what two weeks, for forty eight hours forty hours basically for two weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two weeks. That's why I called it petty. You know what they was doing. It was cool. He listened.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 3: He is worth every penny, every penny, every penny, every penny, and then something he underpaid, to be honest, underpaid.
Speaker 1: He underpaid. That's my homeboy. Think about it. The man. Every every year he's been a starter, he has never he has a he has not at least advanced to the AFC Championship Game. Three or the five years as a starter, he's been in the super Bowl. Yeah, two of the five.
Speaker 2: Years, he's crazy.
Speaker 1: Two of the five years he's been the m v P and you mean to tell me that somebody else is in the same strataphere as him, who can currently play it, who can who can touch his resume.
Speaker 3: Based on the resume that you just said, there's nobody, there's nobody active even close, but that there is an individual that has made it fun. He's made it funny, made the games exciting. He made the games fun. But in some point on you saying he is worth every penny, every penny, and I think about brilliant minds and brilliant quarterbacks that are united as one, which creates dynasties regardless to the pieces that changed offensively in Kansas City. As long as that centerpiece and Mahomes is there, they gonna always be great.
Speaker 2: As long as and.
Speaker 1: As long as he can stay healthy healthy. Yeah, because that's what made Brady so great, what made break Yeah, it wasn't the fact that they were winning. It was who he was winning with with, because he wouldn't have got the create had he won a championship with Randy, or he would run the championship with a Julio or guys that would the equivalent of it was that he was taking the Edelman's. He was taking the Avendolas. He was taking the lesser tier guys. Like you said, they're all NFL players, but when we think of them, we don't hold them. But they were perfect for that system because like you said, you you played in New England, you didn't check your ego at the door. You left it at home because Bill said you might go back and get it when I turn him back to leave ego at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that that's a special place, man, it ain't.
Speaker 1: It ain't.
Speaker 3: It ain't for everybody, but it's a special place. And I tell the story all the time. People ask what it was like being you know, in New England.
Speaker 1: It's a military.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the military, I said, you ever seen Full Metal Jacket Classic? And that is that is the way their organization is run from top to bottom. And you check your ego at the door. Nobody has to explain what the patriot where he is because when you walk in and you see how everything operate, you understand, You get in line.
Speaker 2: You already understand. I remember when Moss, Remember when.
Speaker 3: Moss complained about some contractually with the media deal. Wait how long before he was gone?
Speaker 1: Gone? He went back there? He I think, if I'm not mistaken, they traded it back to Minnesota. Man in the middle he had he had a had a disturbance there and he ended up in Tennessee. But he.
Speaker 3: Coming off a crazy season, Yeah, crazy season, putting up crazy work.
Speaker 2: And you said one thing and.
Speaker 3: You out to become everybody, everybody expendable.
Speaker 2: So I managed.
Speaker 1: You know why because and the thing the way Coach Belichick would always explain it, look at what the quarterback makes. Because Tom Brady always took less. They automatically expect everybody else to take less. And if you didn't, you had to move on. Logan Mankins, a tie law or a lawyer malloy, you see William McGinnis move on. They look with Vince Walford. I mean they got no lawty. Coach Belichick, he treats everybody like his college because you know in collegefter.
Speaker 3: Everybody everybody expendable. And you know that except that one centerpiece.
Speaker 1: Until until until he wrestled the power. Because the best thing that happened because I thought I gave Coach Belichick, and I still give Coach Belichick some credit because he had to get all the pieces to make sure they work. So he was responsible for the defense. He was responsible for bringing in the playoff for the offense. But it was Tom because Tom was the guy that said everything's gonna be okay. Yeah, yeah, I know, Coach Belichick is riding you, but we're gonna win. Winning is the greatest de oderant. It's better than than than the band, than Mitchem, than sure all that, right, because it will it will, it will hide anything that's possibly going on inside that locker room.
Speaker 3: Ye, winning most definitely, most definitely, and they were good at it. The Chiefs are obviously good at and they have that same dynamic, you know what Andy Reid has and and Patrick mahomes together as one regardless of what what's going over there. Offensively, they gonna always make it work. They're gonna always make it work and always be.
Speaker 2: In contention every single year. And I think that thing that that that that Andy does.
Speaker 1: But see the reason why I like I like the way the Patriot I mean the Chiefs, is because Andy says, I believe you can win and have fun. Yeah, it's hard for me to believe because the Patriots ran. There's like Gatika. If you remember the movie Gatika, and everybody was dressed alike, everybody had the dark owner. You couldn't tell one guy. Everybody was robotic in what they said. And I'm like, ro look, I want I'm not saying that I want to the level of the Patriots. But we won. Mike allowed us to have fun, but we knew when it was time to work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: Walk around there and give the same the same answers. Bro where the individuality, Where is the personality?
Speaker 3: I mean you can show you can show it a little bit there, But there were a few personalities there.
Speaker 1: Gronk was the only one that was ever allowed to have a personality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Gronk was the real deal man. It was one of one of one of the best ever.
Speaker 3: But that that that that year there, man unbelievable, unbelievable. But again, I always use the military as as an example of what it felt like being there. But you understood right away when you walked in that, when you walked in that in that building and you went to practice, you understood why they win constantly. You understood why it's six banners in that stadium. You understood right away right away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and see, but here's the thing, O Joe.
Speaker 1: Because coach Belichick has won so much, you believe everything that he tells you. Because Tom Brady has won so much, you believe that you're gonna win. Remember we talked about it a couple of weeks ago. Hoping to win versus expecting to win. Tom Brady went on the field, you expected to win. With him to win, I didn't give a damn who y'all got over there. Y'all could have t J Watt, JJ Watt, Michael Parsons, and whoever else you want, but we got Tom Brady. There's a level of expectation when you play with a great quarterback. And remember that's why when you and I were discussing the nervy the hardest position, he's the one guy that can swing the pendleum. You just said it, Patrick Mahome, no matter what else going on outside the building doesn't what's going on inside the building. When you got that guy, you expect to win.
Speaker 3: Right most definitely, definitely the fact and the greatest example of what you just said as far as the pendulum swinging regards to where they go, is him going from New England the Tampa Bay yea and not missing the beating, still winning a championship.
Speaker 2: That is Yes, that's stuff. That's the kind of stuff you do in video games. I'm higher life. How many times has it ever been done? I think Peyton.
Speaker 1: I think Peyton was the first to do it, and then Tom followed up. Now there's been a lot of a lot of quarterbacks to move. Joe did it. I mean, I mean, obviously Johnny Uniteds moved on. But Johnny was really really old. He didn't do anything. He was absolutely he was. He wasn't very good when he went to San Diego. Joe Nama, he moved on. He was very good when he went. So there have been some Joe Joe Montana went to Kansas City and was played right. They didn't do it. So to to win at one place and to go to another place and win, you know, Peyton not only did he win a Super Bowl, he wanted a league MVP. He his second one year and then turn around and won it and still has the record with fifty five touchdowns over fifty four hundred yards passing in the season. So it's not easy people. Tom Brady won so much is that people think playing quarterback and winning his easy in the NFL, And you know, the hardest thing to do is to win a football.
Speaker 2: Game and that's the funny thing.
Speaker 3: And I think we we critique these players right now in today's game based on the standards that we hope a hold Tom and Peyton at and that's just not that's not what it is.
Speaker 2: It's unfair, but that's what we do.
Speaker 1: That's what we do.
Speaker 2: We want instant success. We want instant success.
Speaker 3: Not understanding how difficult the position is, especially when you have nothing to work with around you, Like that's like cooking your food without seasoning.
Speaker 2: And remember Tom sat his rookie year behind Drew Bledsoe.
Speaker 1: He didn't talk.
Speaker 2: About her like the third of the fourth game, yeap, until you got hurt. What was his name, mo Lewis, mo Lewis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tom, Tom Brady. Tom Brady should send that man whatever. Tom Brady should buy that man a Rose Royce.
Speaker 3: He created a must he created, you know, telling how that story would go without that hit.
Speaker 1: You're you're absolutely right, Patrick Mahomes sat for an entire season, So there there was.
Speaker 2: But you know, guys like Peyton, they threw them to the wolves. Yeah, but here is his rookie year was bad man.
Speaker 1: But what did they have? What what did they have? Think about what Peyton had Marvin Harrison, who's a two time Offensive Player of the Year and an MVP, a first ballot Hall of Famer by classmate Gordon to the Hall of Fame. He had Marvin Harrison, who was the first ballot Hall of Famer, a guy that was on the All Century Team. So it wasn't like they gave him weapons. Yeah, and then guess what when they traded Marvin, they ended up getting Edger and James. So they never let him with the cupboards bear. Now he can he can manipulate because he was basically the offensive coordinator and being around him in Denver and the seeing the way he operates in the amount of time that he put into it, you can understand why he enjoyed the level of success that he does. So I can just imagine how much time a guy's like a Tom Brady, like I said, have been around Payton his last last three to four years in the league in Denver and to see him and to hear the stories about him, you can understand. But it's the end all be all. You have to have a partner that's very understanding because they're probably the one that's taking the kid that's in the carpool line. They're the one that's taking the kids to the recital and the piano lessons and the football and the soccer practices, and they have to be okay with that. Now, there're gonna be times like, hey, Mama, I need you to tell me what's very very important, what's important, what's very important, the very very very I'm gonna make it, but the moderately important and the very important. Baby on your own on that one, mm, I like it. I like it because because, oh Joe, you don't have the level of success that Tom Brady and Peyton and these greats. Because and I've said to some people look at me like I'm crazy crazy. The greater the player is, the more selfish that they are, or you have to be.
Speaker 2: You have to be because you can't be great at one thing and then balance other things.
Speaker 1: If you want to be crastable. There is no balance to greatness. Anybody tells you they're balanced to greatness, they're lying. Look at the greatest of the greats. Now, I'm not talking about well, Shannon, I'm good, okay, fine, I'm not saying that there's something wrong with it. If you're okay with that, But that's not how the great of the great, the Jordan's, the Lebron, the Tiger Woods, this Arena Williams, the Peyton Mannager, the tom Brady's, the great business people. That's not how they think.
Speaker 2: You have to submerge yourself. You have to have lost in what you do. You have to get lost.
Speaker 3: It becomes your identity, it becomes everything, and the people around you suffer because of that.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, because I'll be the first te man I was.
Speaker 2: I was a terrible parent. I was because I was so. I was so it drove me.
Speaker 1: It drove me crazy because all I thought about was football. That's all I thought about. How could I get better? Some kid is in high school?
Speaker 2: Want my job?
Speaker 1: Some kid in college want my job. I mean from the time I obsessed, from the time I was about eleven or twelve, when I really thought about going to the NFL, that's all I thought about. It consumed me and I ruined relationships, no question about it. Ot Joe, I should have been married, no question in my mind.
Speaker 2: Now there we go, be getting somewhere.
Speaker 1: Now get married. But but this is what I learned.
Speaker 2: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: Broke people. Men will lie to impress a woman. A rich man will lie to test a woman. You'll you'll go broke chasing women, but you won't lose a woman chasing money. So I had to balance that out right, right, right right, I like that. But the most important woman that that for me was Mary Porter. That was the most important. Nothing else mattered, nothing, nothing mattered. So when people when people see that's anybody that you can go back and ask anybody, they'll tell you point blank. The most important thing that Shannon Sharp has always been his grandmother. To get her out of that environment, to get her out of that leaky house, to get her in this indoor plumbing, to get her into central heating and cooling. That was it. To see my grandmother, one of the the greatest white my grandmother go fishing, you know, O yo. I would give my grandmother, me and my brother would give my grandmother, say five thousand dollars, and she would still send my sister to the grocery store and put groceries on credit. She'd have one hundred dollar bill. He'll live in here. Go a piece of money, a piece of money here. You know, that's our old people, that's our old A piece of money. She got five thousand dollars the bill is a one hundred dollars, she send twenty five dollars, she send fifty dollars up that she wouldn't pay it all. Yeah, well, you know, you know, you never know what you mean, you never know. You got two grandpoints that millionaires. And so that's what that's what drove me, and that's probably why. And so now I'm trying to get to a place where because now the most important thing to drive me is the work. It's work to Bill to Bill, shay Shape, media to Bill, because you know what, o jo. I was at CBS for ten years and it says it's okay. And then I was replaced and I was with Undisputed for seven years and they said okay, and I was replaced. I said, you know what, I want to build something. Can't nobody replace me because it's my ear, it is I like that. And I said, you know what, I got club shay Shape, but I want to do other things. And when you and I, when you and I had when you and I had this and Doug we went and we went to lunch. I said, oh yo, we can do this. I said, look, you are a co host, You're not a contributor. You're a co host.
Speaker 2: We're in this together, yes, sir, And you say I like the sound of that.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: I do. I like to sign of that. But also with all this stuff you have going on, you got to have a partner. Remember you preaching me. We talked about money and you said, can you when you have a funeral, is it bring trucks following?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 2: Na?
Speaker 1: But right, I don't mind crying on the yacht Alan, No, I don't by boo on the private and big old yet by myself, I don't know how i'mna do it.
Speaker 2: We we we we got we got to work on that. We got to work on that.
Speaker 1: Right now. Right now. I just I'm like, I'm like a month or two in with says media, and it's going really well. Yes, but there are other things that I want to do. I want to give other people an opportunity to be a part of this and to grow this. I have great I have a great support staff, and you're right, You're right, You're right. Sometimes I think, but then I spring out of bed and like, you know, hey, it is what it is, Oh Joe, it's not what it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, sometimes you got to segregate but you need somebody. Listen, eighty eighty percent.
Speaker 1: Of men, yeah, when they lead the league. But but see, you need it. But you need to give some You need to give some fast. Oh Joe, you say seven percent of the man that once they leave.
Speaker 3: Alone, alone and nursing homes alone, nobody checking on them. We got to get you together, man.
Speaker 1: But here's the fact. But here's the thing, O Joe. So I've never been I've never been one that's to succumb to society pressures. And I think a lot of times people get married or get into relationships because that's what society said they should do. Women say, well society, you know back in the day, well you should have a child by twenty five, or you should be married by this agent. You should do this. I don't have Yeah. Look, look, God, God is is. I've trusted him this far everything. Every time when people say, well shady, you know God, you know, God doesn't close the door what I open another.
Speaker 2: He will put someone in my life.
Speaker 1: If and win, that's time. But if it doesn't, Oh Joe, I'm gonna be okay with that because I trust that he's leading me in the past, that he wants me to go. I can't go against his will.
Speaker 2: You're not going against his will. But you not even trying.
Speaker 1: How do you know what I'm doing. I'm here running a hundred miles an hour.
Speaker 2: I don't worry about it. I got you.
Speaker 3: I got you by the time, by the time we get to give me two weeks, give me two weeks, you're gonna be You're gonna be singing a different tune. Two weeks, you're gonna be singing a different tune because this individual, this and this individual I have for you. I'm sure she texted you.
Speaker 2: Probably ignored it because you ain't know you ain't know who it was. But I'm telling you I got to I got a move.
Speaker 1: Oh you did.
Speaker 2: Oh that's why way green? When I text you, I thought you blocked me.
Speaker 1: M hmm, not yet though. So what what else you want to talk about? An come home? Anything? Anything you want to talk about, anything that we left off that you want to get in before we go? What else? What else? What else? What else?
Speaker 2: I don't, I don't. I want. I want to say something for Thursday.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to what kind of glass? There's some prime time glasses they say they give them three D glasses. Oh nah, nah, these they say you are watching your money with them glasses on.
Speaker 2: Now these are these?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: My baby, boy, he's rude. Rude baby, Yeah you know, I don't. I don't really.
Speaker 1: They say you went to the gas. They she bought a pack of cools and got them glasses.
Speaker 2: Nah, this ain't that they know they know what they is. No, they know, they already know. They already know you ain't spending no money, so they know they pay exactly. No. Not.
Speaker 1: You tell me that you bouy all fake stuff and then try to convince me that those are real. I told you how big the fool am.
Speaker 2: I told you my baby bought them for you, and you're not listening. My baby, my girl, I know she watched.
Speaker 1: Hey baby, make him sign that pre up, pre ed up. Say we want preed up, we walk preed up.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you something real quick. Yeah, let me let me ask you something real quick. Listen to me. Now, stay stay with me, Stay with me, cause I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 2: You talk a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: So in times like this woman that I have met, yes, God willing you know things have changed for for me for the better. No, Yes, Now where she has provided me the ability to stay at home, to be.
Speaker 2: You stay at home. That's good.
Speaker 3: I've never had that before. I never it feels good. So I understand women that deal with men of wealth and are in great positions and are or are happy with the lifestyle that they're being given. Now the roles have reversed, and now I'm in that position and I feel good. And you're telling me she trying to protect herself. Why because uh uh, you think if you wake up one morning, listen to me, if you wake up one morning and she want to leave, yes, that means I got.
Speaker 2: To start, I got to work again.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: That's because if you go, I won't have that baby, I won't have o Cho. Remember I told you the loneliest place in the world is being a place that you're not wanted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was. I was in a relationship. She said she wasn't happy whoa, whoa? She said what she said, she wasn't happy with you with me?
Speaker 2: May you that boy?
Speaker 1: You know what I told her? Yeah, I said, I'd rather you go be happy and I stay here and bear this pain, because it's gonna be painful that you're leaving. But I'd rather you be happy with someone else than be miserable here another day with me with me? Oh what song that is? It ain't no song?
Speaker 2: O yo?
Speaker 1: Now listen, oh yo oh cho. If you notice, my house doesn't have bars because it's not to keep anybody out or in. You walked in the front door, I'll allow you to walk out. You better talk.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a question, though, Yes, let me tell you something that's very difficult for women. You know how difficult it is to keep a woman happy. Do you understand how difficult that is to keep a woman happy for long term?
Speaker 1: Because you have to, because you have to evolve every day, because the one that you went to bed with last night is a different woman that you're waking up with today. So you have to be able to do.
Speaker 2: You got to talk.
Speaker 1: The kid has a talk. Adaptability, that's the great. It's not strength, it's not speed, it's adaptability.
Speaker 2: One question for you.
Speaker 1: I'm not good at adapting.
Speaker 3: Let me let me tell you how difficult it is. This individual that left you and said she wasn't happy no more?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right?
Speaker 2: You think she happy today? I hope.
Speaker 3: So I'm just telling you I hope she is too. But she ain't found it whatever she's looking for, could you know? I you know why women don't know what they want? They don't know they want, they don't.
Speaker 1: I hope that she's happy. I hope I did the best I could with what I know, because I can only love you how I can love you. I mean, someone said, would do it like this, do it like that, But that's not how I love, That's not who I am. I'll do the best I can and to try to show you and become the best man can for you while being by what while not getting outside of who I am?
Speaker 2: You know the ski I like how you say that.
Speaker 3: One of the things I've always asked myself, how do you keep a woman happy meeting her requirements and whatever it is that she may love her love languages without losing the sense of yourself? Because if you because if you ask a woman what makes her happy and she named ten things that ten of those things have nothing to do with you. No, it never had nothing to do with you, if you think about that, of course, But anyway, we we.
Speaker 1: We we all off. We turn into the love line and love.
Speaker 2: But you know I'm gonna I'm in a I'm in a good place and I got a Google.
Speaker 1: I'm happy. I want you.
Speaker 2: I want you happy like I'm happy.
Speaker 1: I'm in a good space, smiling.
Speaker 3: Listen you you mask, You know that, you know that that mean the mask is smiling, but behind the mask is tears. Yeah, I'm I'm gonna make sure you get You're gonna be there plus one now.
Speaker 1: You all come. It might be you know, yeah, I'm coming.
Speaker 3: You might want to get in the car with me. You know what, Oh, yoll get in the car with me, because Jesus got this will oh Jo.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I haven't gone on a vacation since nineteen ninety six, and you know why because I don't feel like I need to get away from anything. Everything that I want is right here. Yeah, I'm anybody that knows me or tell you Shanna Sharp is most happiest at home with them doctors. Yeah, to see my kids grow up, to turn into what they what they become. I mean, I'm doing more now. Even my agent, I've had the same I've had the same agent since ninety six. And I remember when I when I talked to him, he says, Okay, what do you want? He said, what do you want? I said, I want the lifestyle that I have right nine ninety six, I want to have it for the rest of my life. He says, I'm gonna give you. I'm gonna give you a week to give me every bill, every bill that you have, and how much money you have, and this is how we're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: At the time, I had three kids. He said, you got to do X, Y and Z.
Speaker 1: Right. He told me to spend. If he told me I can spend one hundred thousand dollars, I spent ninety nine thy nine hundred. I never went over budget. I never went over budget, took care of everything, kids, college kids, first car kids, This kid is that. And today I'm in the position where I'm still financially secure while helping so many other people. See, that's my greatest enjoyment. Right now, I need to find I need to find one person that my greatest risk, my greatest enjoyment is them and not doing for my family. Because my family was there when I was at my lord's, when I've been at my lords when I needed someone to talk to, when I needed to show to the crowd on my sister's been there every day. I've talked to my sister every day since nineteen and I've talked to her every day, with the exception of maybe five days talk to my brother. And so now I'm trying to transition and find someone that I can talk to every single day.
Speaker 2: I found them for you.
Speaker 1: I man, get off my phone, get off my game, my stream, get off my line, YouTube, YouTube channel that I share with you. All I ask all, I ask all social media platforms listen, even one that hadn't been created. I'm blocking you.
Speaker 3: Get in the car with me, because Jesus got this wheel. You ain't got nothing to worry about it.
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 1: Hm.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you got to listen to your friends. Sometimes you got to listen to your friends. Sometimes you go to go down that avenue you ain't never been down before. Yeah, sometimes you got to. You're stuck in your waves.
Speaker 1: Listen to you. That's the problem.
Speaker 2: You're stuck in your ways. That's your problem.
Speaker 3: Sometimes sometimes it takes somebody from the outside to tell you it's it's.
Speaker 1: Okay to.
Speaker 2: To put your toe in the water for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, I tell you what I'm gonna do it. I tell you what I'm gonna do. I'll tell you what I'm gonna do this what I'm gonna do. O, Yo, I'm gonna get me somebody. You get a private get. You get on a private get and take the kids and mama to whatever. And now that's what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: It's one.
Speaker 1: It's one.
Speaker 3: This is this is another thing I understand about me. You see how you said you don't do vacations. Yeah, I take one vacation a year when my kids all get out of school. We all we all mobs somewhere together.
Speaker 2: I don't believe in it.
Speaker 3: I don't believe in vacations just throughout the year because I have nothing to celebrate.
Speaker 2: I ain't putting no work, you know, I ain't no work.
Speaker 1: If if I could, if I could tell your fiance something, put him to work. She listening, She put it, put in the work, They put it in the work.
Speaker 2: Put the work.
Speaker 3: You I've been working since four years old, to listen. I'm in now position to be able to try.
Speaker 1: You try you try to kick your feet up on her dying. Don't let him do it. Don't let it do it. Who said you on? I'm on her side. You know I'm on the right side of history.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're on well, the right side of history. It ain't too many of us been on this side you're supposed to do with me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, nah nah No, I'm on the side of right now. Like I said, you guys, okay, y'all get married. So whatever she got, whatever you got, that's y'all.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, that ain't the way it works. That ain't the way it works. That ain't the way it work. In the court of law. Yes, that ain't the way it worked.
Speaker 1: How it worked.
Speaker 3: The table got be paid before me Philippians twenty verse three. Yeah, as I walk it and you bringeth I take it. That's what I'm that's Oh Joe verse five through seven. That is that is no Olivia, Oh Joe. I'm a I'm a firm believer.
Speaker 1: Whatever she has before she came, whatever you had before you came, that's y'all's, that's yours, that's hers. What y'all get together. If y'all accumulate two hundred million together, y'all gonna split that in y'all, y'all go, y'all separate way fifty fifty.
Speaker 2: I like that, and I'm taking and I'm taking the kids too.
Speaker 1: It's bad. Why y'all can't when you came out George. See, you try to be vindictive because you tried to get back at the women for all the women that didn did to the men. See, I know how you think, O Joe.
Speaker 2: No, I'm I'm in a happy place. I just I just want us to win. At the end of the day.
Speaker 3: We never come out on the on the winning inn just in general, if it's statistically, we never come out on the winning in.
Speaker 1: Oh, Joe, if you got out of a bad relationship, and everybody, if if you got out a bad relationship unscared, you should be happy sad about you?
Speaker 2: Right, I'm not sad.
Speaker 1: I'm not sad.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not I'm sad this so I don't like to see my brothers they call, they called me crying, They called me crying and calling me for advice and it and it hurt me and it hurts me.
Speaker 2: So now you got me trying to protect myself.
Speaker 1: That's all. Well, she should protect herself. Bring up.
Speaker 2: I ain't sign it. I can't, I got I got carpaton. I can't even write.
Speaker 1: Look, I tell you what you be? You be that you and you and the preacher be up there by yourself because here the bride. No, it ain't. They're going to bride there, go to bride there go. She gonna hit you with the twenty two. She up out of there. Bromm.
Speaker 2: It's too now, let me let me stop, let me start. That's a that's a good one tonight.
Speaker 1: I got to get up and go to work in the morning. You know, you got somebody to go take care of you now. I got I got.
Speaker 3: I gotta work in the morning too. I got I got I got inside the NFL in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But but you know what, five am gonna come real quick for me.
Speaker 2: Five am.
Speaker 1: Where you going? I gotta be on first? Take me and stephen A.
Speaker 2: Hey, when y'all gonna wheen, y'all gonna bring me on there? Well, you got to talk to stephen A down that you know. I just got there.
Speaker 3: I just got there, man, Okay, see you the type of guy I just Hey, I thought I was your homeboy.
Speaker 1: You are, But you know what, you the guy that I just started working at the sneaker store. Hey, sharp, can you hook me up? God that I've just been working two weeks? You'll try to get that up the ram. Let me get like six months in. Let me see how cool the manage is. Let me see if I can, you know, put a pair of shoes out the back for you, bro, But you can hit me like that for the two weeks in the know.
Speaker 2: They know me over there, they know me over there.
Speaker 1: And I even got a pair of shoes for myself.
Speaker 2: I buy, I buy him for you.
Speaker 3: Just tell him when you when you talk to stephen A Tomorrow man, you see hi, Man, tell him I said, bring me on that.
Speaker 2: I don't even listen. I only need one. I only need one. I need one block. Just let me do one block A to B block. Okay, that's all. That's that's all.
Speaker 1: I just want.
Speaker 2: I just want my kids to see me on TV.
Speaker 1: You ow TV? Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: I mean on a different a different platform.
Speaker 1: Different platform. Okay, you know what. I'm gon establish a platform to give you and I'm gonna have you, let you be your you. We're gonna still do what we do, but I'm gonna give you an opportunity to do a platform that you want to do, right.
Speaker 2: I just want to I want to show my range, Like you know how actors have range they can play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm one way here, you have a you have a firearm permit.
Speaker 2: Because we can go down to the range over here. There's a range out there. I want I want to show.
Speaker 1: Oh you talk about range? Oh you want to talk about you can talk about this, talk about that?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah. I'm like, I'm like Denzel.
Speaker 1: Denzel Valentine the basketball player. I know you don't talk about Denzel Washington. Yeah, listen, okay.
Speaker 3: You yeah, yeah, remember Denzel and Glory, yes, and then then then then Denzel and Training Day right, yes, yeah, then you got.
Speaker 1: Devil Blue Dress and Malcolm Max.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yas.
Speaker 3: I'm like that depending on where I am, I adapted my surroundings. Man on fire, Yeah, I need I need to be able to display that.
Speaker 1: That's all. You know what. I need to display my sleeping skills. It's time for me to go to Bay. Thank you for tuning in to another episode of Nightcap. I'm un Shannon Sharp. He's my co host, chat O Yo Sinko Johnson. Catch him tomorrow on Inside the NFL on the c w Oh Joe, see you Thursday night. Bro.
Speaker 2: I love y'all. Good night,