Speaker 1: Hey everybody, welcome back to the podcast. If you have a question for me, email podcast at grangersmith dot com. That's what we do here. I answer your questions. Could be about anything. We've done this for a few years now and they have the questions have been all over the map. I'm gonna get right to it. The first question comes from Rachel once again, if you want to email me podcast at grangersmith dot com. And this one I'm gonna lead off with I have not done much. I haven't seen these at all, so we're going in blind and I think I like it better this way. I don't know what I'm getting into. Rachel says, Hey Granger, my name is Rachel from Alabama. First, I wanted to encourage you and thank you for sharing the wisdom that God has given you. I grew up in church and in Christian school, yet your podcast still teaches me a lot. I often use what I've learned from you to answer tough questions from children, for from my children.
Speaker 2: Et cetera.
Speaker 1: My question is this, My three year old daughter has a severe speech and language delay that affects both her understanding of spoken words and her speech. My father in law, like many people in charismatic Christianity circles. He believes that with enough faith, she.
Speaker 2: Will be healed.
Speaker 1: He recently told me she will be healed of her language disorder. I am believing in her full healing, and I am praying full healing over her. Whether it's today, tomorrow, or two years from now, God will heal her. I told him that I pray for her healing too. But my faith means that I trust in God's sovereignty in her life, regardless of whether her healing is here on earth or in heaven. Whether or not she ever communicates normally, will be part of God's perfect plan. Is there anything else you could add to my response to help me better understand?
Speaker 2: Next time?
Speaker 1: Hey, Rachel, great question, and I think your head is is right where mine is on this. And this is the tough issue that you have to really you have to tread lightly, is it Grandpa? Did you say Grandpa my father in law? Okay, you have to tread lightly with father in law.
Speaker 2: And you really have to.
Speaker 1: You have to act with patience and understanding and love, and most importantly you need to go to him with Bible and stand firm in what you believe because it could get messy. Now, this kind of this kind of thinking, this specific kind of charismatic movement is only one hundred and twenty ish years old, one hundred and fifteen years old, and there is See now I'm treading lightly because there's a lot of charismatics that listen to the show.
Speaker 2: We needed.
Speaker 1: First of all, we need to say God a sovereign and God heals who he heals. There's no there's no holding back healing. God can and will and does heal completely fully right. We understand that he does as he pleases. The Psalms say he is sovereign over all life. He knows every hair on your head, He knows all of our days are numbered. He knows everything.
Speaker 2: I like.
Speaker 1: I always my brain always likes to go here. So interesting. Second King's thirteen fourteen, and this is the story of Elishah. He came after Elijah the prophet, and elisha is in fact even more powerful than Elijah was than Elijah was in his prophecies, in his mighty acts.
Speaker 2: That the Lord worked through him.
Speaker 1: He brought a kid back from death, he healed leprosy, he changed the the toxicity of the Jordan river. He did all kinds of crazy things, I think probably the craziest would be be bringing a child back from death to life. Okay, the Lord did that through Elisha. But listen to this Second King's thirteen fourteenth so interesting. It says this, Now, when Elisha had fallen sick with the illness of which he was to die, joe Ash, King of Israel, went down to him and wept before him, crying.
Speaker 2: My father, my father.
Speaker 1: If you think about that for a second, Elisha falls sick with the illness, it says, of which he was to die. Elishah, the one that literally brought back a child from death to life, who healed things like leprosy, who did all these crazy wonders that the Lord did through him? One day he gets sick of the illness of which he was to die. God has a time and a season for everything there is there is. Sometimes healing is for healing, excuse me. Sometimes illness is for healing, and sometimes illness is for homecoming. In this case in Second Kings thirteen fourteen, Elisha's illness is for homecoming, and the Lord gives him this illness, and he stays in this illness, and he dies of this illness. The man who literally healed others dies.
Speaker 2: Of a sickness.
Speaker 1: What do you say to that? Would what would Joe ask, the King of Israel say when he went down weeping before him, crying, my father, my father. What would he say? Would you say, if I have enough faith, Elisha, if I just I believe the Lord will heal you. I know he will, and I just I need to have more faith. So Elisha, you you're healed. What would Elisha say to that? He said, my Lord is sovereign. This is my time.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Of course we don't know our time, none of us do. I probably should go straight. Also to second Corinthians twelve, very famous story the apostle Paul, who many of our church fathers call just call him the apostle, like whenever you hear the word the apostle, we're talking about Paul here. That's how great he was in church history. When it comes to the apostles. He was the apostle of the apostles. Paul says this Second Corinthians twelve seven. So he first of all, he lays out this grand story of how Paul literally saw heaven. The Lord reveals to him heaven, and after he reveals, after Paul says, which he rightly explains, Hey, I can't even tell you how incredible this place, and I'm not even going to try after that, he says, So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations that he just said about heaven, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan, to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. The Lord gave him a thorn. The Lord gave him. God gave Paul a messenger of Satan to harass him, to keep him from becoming conceited. And then look, he says. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me, But he said to me, God, God said to me, my grace is sufficient for you. My power is made perfect in weakness. Then Paul says, therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. It's crazy, right, the Lord God gave Paul a thorn. We don't know what that analogy necessarily means. The thorn a messenger of Satan, So it's it's evil in a way to harass him. To keep him in check. Hey, just in case you're starting to get conceited, Paul, In case you I gave you these beautiful revelations of heaven that no one else gets. In case you take these revelations and think you're better than anyone, I'm gonna harass you. I'm gonna send a messenger from hell to harass you, to keep you in check. And Paul says, please, please just take this away from me. Tells him he asked him three times, probably more, but he writes here, three times I pleaded. I pleaded with the Lord that it should leave me. But Jesus says, no, you're stuck with it. My grace is sufficient for you, my powers made perfect and weakness so to that. So then we wrap around back to the father and laways say, hey, what would father in law say to Paul? Would he say, I have full confidence that you will be healed of this messenger of Satan to harass you. Paul, You just gotta have great faith. Paul. No, No, that's that's ridiculous. We see, I'm gonna continue to see. What I want you to do is use Bible instead of opinion.
Speaker 2: Use Bible. Bible.
Speaker 1: Bible we have to know who God is. We have to know who He is as revealed as He has revealed himself in the Bible. And that way we get the opinion. Granger's opinion doesn't matter anymore. Your opinion, Rachel, doesn't matter anymore. Hebrews two three. How shall we escape if we neglect such a great salvation? It was declared a first by the Lord, and it was attested to us by those who heard. While God also bore witnesses by signs and wonders, in various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will. That's how it happened in the beginning when the when the early Church was established, signs and wonders were used.
Speaker 2: That's what that was.
Speaker 1: The spark, that was the the early Ember, the spark that lit the flame of the early Church, and it spread quickly. But then we quickly notice also as the Book of Acts moves on, we see that it moves from signs and wonders into faith in Christ. Hebrews one one to two says, long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to us by the prophets. But in the last days he has spoken to us by his son, whom he appointed the heir of all things. Through him also he created the world. There are no no no more modern day prophets. There are no no more signs and wonders that are used to advance the church. Now God has spoken through the on through Jesus. How do I know this because two Timothy three sixteen all scriptures breed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training and righteousness, that the Man of God may be complete equipped for every good work. Now we have the scripture, we have Jesus through his word, and we have the Holy Spirit to convict us through the word of Jesus. So we have Jesus through his living, breathing word, and that is completely sufficient. And then we have to be warned also because Jesus says himself, false Christ, false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect Jesus says. Paul writes, and second Thessalonians too, the coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all powers and false signs and wonders, and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing because they refused to love the truth, and so be saved. And then Paul says again at tewond Corinthians five, before we walk by faith, not by sight, Jesus himself says, and John twenty, have you believed because you've seen me? Blessed are those.
Speaker 2: Who have not seen and yet believe. We move more and more to faith. So what do you say? What do you say to? What do you say to?
Speaker 1: Father in law? You tread lightly, lovingly. I think we always pray for healing. Of course you do. Of course you pray for healing for your daughter, you say, Father in light, I pray too that she'll be healed. And I know that she will be. But you said it right, But maybe not here on this earth, but she'll be ultimately redeemed in heaven. This life is fleeting, this life has a vapor, it's short, it's quick, and whatever God is using this, this disorder for, it's for his glory. We see that in the Gospels as well. Jesus says the same thing. The disciples say, hey, why why this sickness? And Jesus says, for for the God's for God's glory. We have to always remember that. And we get so far ahead of ourselves and we start to put the we start to put the pressure on us like a it's not I'm just not saying the right prayer. I'm not I'm not believing enough. And if I just had more faith, if I just if I had, you know, the faith of a mustard seed, if I could move mountains. I just need to grow this faith. If I had more and more faith, I could do it. I know I could this, this child would be healed of this disorder. It's as if God's gone, all right, I've got my faith meter on you right now, and I'm trying to check you. I'm trying to check your faith meter and you, oh, you just kind of sliding back. You need to have a little more, and once you get to this certain threshold, boom, there is a healing. Good job, you got enough faith in you.
Speaker 2: It don't work that way. We don't see that.
Speaker 1: We don't see that. In the way God has revealed himself in the full canon, not just the first part of Acts, but the full canon of Scripture, we have to take everything into in the entire council of his will, as he's revealed himself.
Speaker 2: In all sixty six books. We have to do that.
Speaker 1: It's so important. Tread lightley, don't get offensive, use love, and use the Bible.
Speaker 2: It's a good question.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you want to get a hold of me, go to cameo dot com slash granger Smith. You will find me there and from there I could build you a video message. I get your notes and what you want me to say, like happy birthday, happy anniversary, a word of encouragement, congratulations, good job on the graduation, or why did you not make graduation? Whatever you want me to say. I'll read those notes and I pull out my phone and I record a video message and I say whatever you need me to say to whoever you need me to say it too, and I send it right back to you.
Speaker 2: It's super simple.
Speaker 1: It's a great gift for the person that you don't know what to buy for. Again, go to Cameo cam eo dot com slash Grangersmith.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 1: If you have a question for me, email podcast at grangersmith dot com. This next question is from anonymous. It says, Hey, Granger, there's this girl at work and I've liked her for over a year. She's also my boss's daughter. We make eye contact whenever I see her, and she either smiles or quickly looks away. She's been with her current boyfriend for about nine months and they've been doing long distance, and he won't be living here for a year. I've been to my boss's house multiple times to help remodel, and I've talked to the girl and she's really sweet. We're both What do you recommend I do?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Anonymous coming in slide with putting no name on here, I get it.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: Okay, there are several approaches to this. I'm gonna go with the first one that comes to my mind. You're twenty years old, you know. I think that's I put you on the older end of the scale of this this kind of thing. If you're saying you're seventeen sixteen, I'd say this doesn't really matter. But you're you're in you're twenty, and you're actually kind of in courting age now, you're you're dating age. You're the age that I would approve my daughter to actually date. And I want you what I want. This is my advice, and I'm not always right about these things, but I like to think that my advice is coming from an idea that me and you are in a cab of a truck. We're riding down the road on the way to a job, and you asked me this question, and I'm like, bro, let's talk about it. We're sitting around a campfire and you say, Hey, grangerec I got this question about this girl.
Speaker 2: I've liked for over a year. What would you do? Right?
Speaker 1: So that's the perspective. I'm gonna give you just some friend advice. I would say, if you're a man of integrity and I want you to be as my friend, you're not going to come in reckon this relationship, especially since you barely know this girl. You've seen her, you've seen her multiple times maybe, and she's really sweet, that's about all you know, and she's kind of shy. I say, I would maintain that. I would maintain that relationship ship that you have right now, which is just cordial.
Speaker 2: You're a gentleman.
Speaker 1: Look you come in and you go, hey, that guy's no good for you. I like you, Why don't you start dating me. There's a couple of things you're doing there. One, you're opening the door for you to wonder if she's going to do that to you down the road with someone else that approaches her like that. It's kind of undermining that she's in a relationship at all. Look when Amber and I first met, she was in a relationship and she came to me. This is this is where it's different. Amber came to me and said, hey, do you think there's something between us? But I wouldn't have done that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Call maybe I'm slightly introverted when it comes to that. I mean I've always been slightly intimidated by the opposite sex anyway. But I wouldn't have gone she had a boyfriend. I wasn't going to come in and say, hey, man, that guy's no good for you. You need to come to me. I'll show you. I'll show you what a real man's like. You know that that's not my personality, and I don't think it's yours. And I don't think I wouldn't advocate for that. If you're my buddy, you're my friend. But Amber comes to me and she says, hey, do you think there's more between us? And I am by saying I don't think it matters what I say. I think this is a bigger indication first that you shouldn't be dating this guy. Notice I didn't say because I'm better or yes, I like you.
Speaker 2: I said I.
Speaker 1: Think this is a greater indication. If you're coming to me and saying, is there anything in between us? I think this is a greater indication that you probably shouldn't be dating that guy. So go talk to that guy, come back, and then we could have a real discussion. I don't think that's the perfect way to do it, but I think there's a there's a threat of integrity there where you're you're not saying, yeah, I like you, Hey, let's let's get together and go break up with this guy, let's let's hook up. I don't think that's what this is. I think you play it out. You're twenty years old, you're looking for your future wife, Lord willing, and you want to play.
Speaker 2: The long game.
Speaker 1: If you're looking for your future wife, you're not looking for a quick go at this. You know you're you want to do the right thing. You want to play the right card, and and that that card is is longevity. That's I care about this girl and her heart more than I care about me and the quick fix. If I like this girl, I want to go on a date, right, And so I think in your situation, unless she comes to you and says I like you, and then at that point I think your answer is then you should break up with the guy before you give her your feelings. But if she doesn't do that, which she might not, then you just stay the course. This is your boss, by the way, don't ruin that relationship because this is this could easily go south. You go to the girl and she says, you're a creepo. What are you talking about? I have a boyfriend. And then she goes, Daddy, you're the guy that works for you is a creepo. And then your boss is looking at you. Weird things are things are strange, you're looking for a new job. I mean, it could easily go direction. So stay the course. Be a gentleman, open doors, don't overstep bounds, don't be caught alone with her. If she's carrying something, offered to carry it, you know, like standard gentleman things. Be a good worker for her dad, I mean. And the more and more I answer these questions, the more I think less of myself as a teenager or a twenty year old, And the more.
Speaker 2: I think of.
Speaker 1: Myself as the dad character in these stories because I have a.
Speaker 2: Daughter that's twelve.
Speaker 1: You know, we're eight years away from this scenario potentially, and I'm the dad now. So be a good worker for this guy. Be a man of integrity, show up early, stay late, do the work of a good employee. Do things with excellence. That's what I try to tell my kids. Now, do it with excellence. If you're gonna hang your shirt up on the hanger in your closet, do it with excellence. Sometimes I tell Lincoln, how would a Navy field hang that shirt up?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it all wrinkled and hanging off the hanger, or is it perfectly put on that hanger. Takes two more seconds to perfectly put that shirt on that hanger with all the wrinkles gone, and space it out in the closet so it doesn't look like you just shoved it in there. Do that kind of thing for this for this guy. That's that your boss create a relationship with him so that in the future you're setting up this long game. And if the girl breaks up with the guy, and if it's if it's meant to be, she will If if the lord wills. This is your wife. She will break up.
Speaker 2: Got a sovereign.
Speaker 1: They won't work. The guy won't move to hurt your town or whatever. But if that happens, you're playing the long game, and you're you're building this relationship with the boss. And then the girl says, Daddy, I like I like this guy, Anonymous. I don't know your names. I can't say your name. Daddy, I like this guy. And he says, I like this guy too. I absolute lutely approve of this. I mean, that's that's what you want. You don't want him to go the lazy guy, the guy that could barely carry anything. When I ask him to do anything, he never can do it shows up late. No, I don't want you with So be the guy that you would want the daughter to be attracted to. Think of yourself as the father. Be the guy that you want your daughter to fall in love with and that you approve of. Start there, Play the long game. None of this quick fixed stuff. Okay, that's my that's my cabin of the truck. Advice next question says s Granger. Have been a follow follower of our Lord for a while, but for a long time, I've struggled with letting it out. I'm working on it, but I call myself a closeted Christian. I'm not open about it, and I need to be. I keep it hidden away from others, and it's a struggle.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: I'm getting better at it. But once it's out and I'm around other believers, I let it go and things go smoothly. But that brings up my question. How does one go about their daily life helping spread the good work that the Lord does daily without looking like a Bible thumper. I know it could scare people away at times. I just want to be able to have small talk and bring Jesus into the conversation and let it grow from there, but I don't know how to do that in a simple manner. I guess that's all for now. I look forward to hearing some advice. Thanks for loving us all through music in the podcast. Greg from a small town just outside of Buffalo, New York. Hey, Greg, great question, Thanks for listening, and thanks for the Thanks for the email. My first reaction. What I want to do first is I want to address the fact that, surprise, surprise, Granger is going to say this, The Lord is sovereign God is sovereign. He's sovereign even over salvation, and so you can't. You don't have the power. I love to think about this. You don't have the power to scare someone, scare someone away, whether they're a future, they're a believer today, or they will be a believer in the future. The Lord will draw them to himself. Jesus says, all that the Father gives to me will come to me, and whoever comes to me, I will never cast out. So there's a drawing there, and there's also a coming there. We come to him, he says, come to me. And he also says, whoever comes to me, I'll never cast out. So he misses none. This is the will of my Father that I shall lose none of which he gave me. Right, he loses none of us. No one will ever perish. Jesus says this. He says, my sheep, hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. So you hear this confidence. Jesus speaks of this ceiling of his people. He does not lose any of them. He came to reconcile sinners, and he doesn't miss any of them. You will not scare them away. Greg, There's nothing you could do in your life or my life that would scare one of his way, because he says, no one will snatch them out of my hand. Okay, So there's confidence. That's just a breath of fresh air. It's like, Okay, thank goodness, I can't mess this up. My other thing I want to do is say what's wrong with a Bible thumper? I know what you mean. Look, I know what you're saying. But at the same time, I go, is it a problem to be a Bible thumper? And what does that mean? Is that something you don't want to be? You don't want to be a Bible thumper because there's something about that that's kind of appealing. I post every single day on my social media. I have millions of followers. That is not a brag. I have millions and millions of followers. I post every single day. I never skip something from the Bible. Does that make me a Bible thumper?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Depending on the definition, I'm okay with that. Call me a Bible thumper, I'm okay with that. So take those two things together. You can't scare someone away. You don't have the ability to scare someone away.
Speaker 2: And is it a wrong thing? Is it a bad thing.
Speaker 1: To be called, to be labeled to look like a Bible thumper? Okay, all that being said, now, let's kind of dig into the question. It's a question of apologetics.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: What you're asking is you say, I just want to be able to have a simple small talk and bring Jesus into the conversation and let it grow from there. I think that's a great point. I think it's a great approach. And you need entry ways. You need an entry point into the conversation. It's like basic conversations starting with any topic. It doesn't have to have to be about the Gospel. The number one advice with that is listen more than you talk. It's hard for me to live that out when I'm literally doing a podcast by myself in a room right now, I'm the only one talking. But I will suggest that you listen. In these conversations you're talking about, listen seventy percent of the time and talk thirty and then in the thirty percent, you want an entry, you want an open door to the gospel. And it could be. There's a lot of open doors. There's a lot of bridges. Like some of my evangelism professors at seminary, you call them bridges, a gospel bridge. Here's a very basic gospel bridge. Hey, did you grow up at church? Or did you you spiritual at all? Did you did you ever go to church as a kid. That's just an easy, normal conversation gospel bridge. And you know their answer. Depending on their answer, that's the direction you go. It's like, no, I've never never thought about religion. And you could say, well, do you mind if I share mine? And if they say no, you go, okay, door closed, you know, gospel bridge gone. Or they say yeah, I grew up in church, I'm a Christian, and then you can kind of dig a little bit on that. But maintaining this listening seventy percent and talking thirty. Another gospel bridge is inviting.
Speaker 2: Them to your church. Hey, would you be interested?
Speaker 1: This might be a crazy thought. You're telling this person this might be a crazy thought, but would you ever be interested in going to church? With me checking it out? They can only say no. They might say no, and they may say no, and you say, okay, well, if you if you ever think about it, let me know, and maybe sometimes something happens in their life.
Speaker 2: Mom gets sick.
Speaker 1: And they say, hey, man, remember a couple of years ago you asked me if I ever wanted to go to church. I mean, mom is sick, and I just feeling like I feeling like I'm empty and I need something, and I feel like there's more out there, and I think I'd like to take you up on that offer to go to church.
Speaker 2: You go, okay, how about I pick you up at nine thirty Sunday. Boom.
Speaker 1: The Simple Gospel Bridge is another gospel bridge, and a lot of people don't like this one. But you could have tracks, little tracks. Have you ever thought about that? T R a c T tracks, little just simple gospel messages that you could you could have in your pocket ready to go. If someone goes I don't never heard about the gospel, you can go, well, hey, read this. It's like four or five six pages, very short, very simple. Read it, give me a shout, give me a call, here's my number. That way, you don't have to be caught in the moment going through, you know, walking through the gospel and being what you think is a Bible thumper.
Speaker 2: You don't.
Speaker 1: You could just maintain listening more, talking less, and at the very end of the conversation you go, hey, I've got something in my pocket here, Hey, just check this out and if not, throw it away.
Speaker 2: But it's there for you. And then you trust that the.
Speaker 1: Lord will draw him it's his own to himself. All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me, I'll never cast out. So you trust that God is drawing his people to himself. In our job is to go out and tell the good news, to tell people about the Kingdom of God, to tell him what Jesus has done for us, what God has done for us through Jesus his son, and how he's reconciling his people to himself, and how he did it through the cross by becoming the substitute for our sin, so that we can be forgiven for being lawbreakers of God. We can be forgiven of that through the blood of Christ on the cross. And then he says, come to me, all you were weary and burdened, and I will never cast you out. You could you could say, just like that, if you maintain all of that, and you kind of balance all that as you're as you're walking through these conversations, I think you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Do just fine.
Speaker 1: And there's a there is a there's a matter of practice that makes you more comfortable the more you do it. Yeah, so let's move on hereel read Rachel. Kevin Ken says, hey, grandear, my name's Kevin. I work in corrections. I've noticed that it's taking a toll on me. I see that most people will never I see things that most people will never comprehend, and it's hard. I have to yell at grown men all day. When I come home, my kids will start arguing over a toy, and I catch myself going to that place where I have to get up and let me start this over. When I come home, my kids will start arguing over a toy, and I catch myself going to that place where I have to get up and resolve it so quick that no one gets stabbed, like I'm in prison. I don't want it to be this way. My kids deserve better. Everywhere I go Now my head is on a swivel. I've lost comfortability in my life, and any tips from you are appreciated. Thank you so much. God bless ps. If you say hi to my son, Arn, he los his mind, So what's up Arn? Okay, Kevin, I appreciate the question, buddy. This is this is tough because if you and I are having this friendly conversation around the campfire, I'm saying I'm saying, First of all, Kevin, you say you see things that most people will never comprehend, and that's going to include me, right, because I'm most people. I've never worked in corrections. I don't have to yell at grown men all day to make sure somebody doesn't get stabbed.
Speaker 2: That's I can't.
Speaker 1: Relate to that. But I could say this. When you make your priorities in life, when you decide this and it sounds like you have and you say this, my kids deserve better, I'm not comfortable anymore. I don't want it to be this way. My head is on a swivel. This is what these are things you're saying, and you've made a priority, that your kids are that important to you, that raising your kids is this big a priority. Then when you get to point, Kevin, when you go, I think it's time for a new career. It's probably not the answer you're wanting from me, but that's what I'm seeing. Is from from the outside looking in. I'm going, Kevin, what is holding you to this job? I get the security of it. I get that you're good at it. I get you've probably done this for a while. I get that you're super qualified. I get that it's scary to think about a new job, to think about moving on, and you've got people to support, you got bills to pay. But at what cost all that? I just said, at what cost do you hang on to this when you're losing your mind, Your head is on a swivel, your kids start arguing over a toy, and you feel like you're a corrections officer, You feel g you're not comfortable. You know that your kids deserve better, and you don't want it to be this way, And all that at the cost of you saying are at the price of you saying, man, this is job security? They got good health insurance, Granger, Where else am I going to go?
Speaker 2: Grande?
Speaker 1: Right, I've built my life around this prison. We live right on the street from it. What am I going to do? It's a heavy cost, brother, I say. If your priority is your kids and your mental health and you're losing your mind over it, brother, I say it's time to start looking for a new job. And there's no regret about this. There's no wasted time over it.
Speaker 2: Now you know.
Speaker 1: Now, you know better, and you've got to You probably have a pretty good resume because you aren't gonna put up with anything at any kind of other job, and a new boss will know that. I think, I think you have a good shot at working at a place where you gain your mental health back, you gain your ability to sit with your kids and not struggle over things that you've seen, things that other people can't comprehend. I think I think it's time to start seriously thinking about a new job. That's where I would go. Man's that's where I would go if you an hour are having this conversation in the cab of a truck. I appreciate all y'all for emailing once again. It's podcast at grangersmith dot com and I love y'all. We'll see you next Monday. Thanks for joining me on the Grangersmith podcast. I appreciate all of you guys. You could help me out by rating this podcast on iTunes. If you're on YouTube, subscribe to this channel, hit that little like button and notification spell so that you never miss anytime I upload a video.
Speaker 2: Yigi