Speaker 1: Yo, Yo, what up man?
Speaker 2: You're rocking Trade the Truth aka King Truth And if you don't know, I'm telling you to stop what you're doing and tune in go check me out real soon on the Bootleg KIV podcast.
Speaker 3: Yo, Bootleg cap Podcast, Bootleg Kept Show special guest is here my God, Trade the Truth. The new album is coming out next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, October twenty Stuck in Motion.
Speaker 3: Stuck in Motion, I just saw is the first video coming out with Larry.
Speaker 2: June Yeah, it just came, just dropped and shout to Larry June Man, shout out, bro Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I do feel like you have been like such a powerhouse in hip hop for so long, especially when it comes to just like doing it the Texas way independent, you know what I'm saying, And it feels like the last like two or three years, you finally, for whatever reason, just started to kind of get your flowers. I think I just saw you on Joe Rogan. So if I feel if someone's on Joe Rogan, it's biggest play form in the world.
Speaker 1: It was my brother, man.
Speaker 3: But do you feel that, like, do you feel like finally like you've always had your respect within hip hop? Youvice had your respect within obviously the host South Trade has been just a movie for how many years? A decade? Yeah, But do you feel like recently you finally kind of started to get recognized from like more of the gatekeepers, more of like the You had a pretty uphill battle, you know, especially coming out.
Speaker 2: Of and I'm still having that battle, but I thank god just he opened in the lane for me. But I think he doing it at his pace. So how big I'm gonna get? I haven't got there yet, but I'm on the uphill climb still right now, and he, you know, he's doing different things to let me know that it's not a point of giving up.
Speaker 1: It's not option.
Speaker 3: Just little things happen that keep you going, Like, you know what, I'm on the right mission, like I gotta keep going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, man, you know it's just all kind of crazy things happening left and right in a good way.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm grateful. Man.
Speaker 3: How did you end up on the Rogan podcast?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Like, who connected that? Oh? He's had Jay Prince on, He's at Willie Dion. He's I mean, obviously he's a hip hop guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Joe Joe's you know, that's family. That's like my brother. But you know, I'm tied in with the UFC, so you know, Dana's my that Me and Dana White real close and just the whole staff.
Speaker 3: Oh, you guys talked about that too, like the what's the big the big Fighter.
Speaker 1: I'm not a yeah, the Beast.
Speaker 2: You guys had him, you know, uh yeah, the Beast, Dustin Ployer, Kevin Holland. It's so it's so many of them tied into. But you know, I have an actual licensed deal with UFC because you know, we have UFC bump boxes.
Speaker 3: You listen, you got everything bump boxes. People win the Super Bowl, they got a bump box. Deebo Samuels running around with a bump box. Everybody's listen. If people don't understand, and I am not being paid to say, it's not because you're here. I tell this to people all of the time. Do not waste your fucking money on any of these three four five hundred dollars bullshit bluetooth speakers. The bump box is crazy.
Speaker 2: It is crazy, and we man, you know, we just released a new version, which is the remix that looked like the cassette tape.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just showed me. It looks crazy. I think the one I have is called a Flair eight. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we still got all those we got, we got the we got so many different ones. You know, we did the deal with the Gronkowskis. So we got shaker cups that got the speakers on them now too, like a cup, yeah, the shaker cups. Yeah, yeah, you know our headphones coming.
Speaker 1: You're familiar with a corn hole is yeah corner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know any coin hole that has a speaker on it, we own the rights to it. So we had a new corn hole bump boxes.
Speaker 3: So one of my best friends is best friend Will he is. One of his best friends is the guy from Swat, the beautiful baldheaded man. What's his name? You know? His name Samar Moore, And he's a part of the Cornhole League.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't know each other, but I find them and make sure we get So.
Speaker 3: He has like in his backyard ESPN Ocho or whatever. ESPN number Board broadcast the cornhole competition, but it's ESPN like he has a whole, like real cornhole like arena in his backyard.
Speaker 1: You know somebody who knows. Yeah, so put me with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, cornble shit is booming right now. You need to get a hold of you know what else is popping right now that everybody's doing. And I don't know why, but have you heard of pickleball? Pickleball is like the new fucking way, Like overweight dudes who like don't want to work out work out because they're like, yo, it's fun and I burned calories. But it's not like you know, running in place pickleball that I just know there's a paddle and I know that there's a rapper who owns a team. Yeah, oh, Katie is a part owner of the team in New York. There's a pickleball league that just started, and Kevin Durant I think is one of the owners. I know he is one of the owners.
Speaker 1: Of the Oh yeah, bro, Katie.
Speaker 3: You got to get locked in. I wonder, like you always hear about the Joe Rogan Spike. You go on the show, do you see spikes and analytics followers, music goes up, everything goes up or.
Speaker 1: I haven't even I ain't really paid attention because I've been moving on.
Speaker 3: Now you've been moving on. Stop You're an album mote.
Speaker 1: But what I will say is.
Speaker 2: Different people ain't who ain't necessarily familiar with my music and other stuff. When they see me, they're like, man, I just seen you on Joe Rogan podcast. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. So definitely a blessing. But I know one time Joe posted the bump box and I know that day alone.
Speaker 3: With something crazy numbers sold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure, for sure, Man.
Speaker 3: That shi it's dope. Congrats on. Has anybody try to come and buy you guys out yet, like a bigger company.
Speaker 2: You know they have, But we work so much now, like yeah, and if we do, it's gonna have to make sense, Like.
Speaker 3: It's gonna have to be like Apple or something crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'd have to be something crazy, and I will still be tied into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you bets we built that from here. You guys have sweat equity, but you also have like personal equity into the company.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Do you guys still have the store in Riverside there was that you guys had, like a flagship store.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not I'm not sure because you know we had. Of course, we have to one in Houston in the gallery, but it got to the point we don't even need the stores, Like it's just on the line so crazy.
Speaker 3: You know why I have the brick and mortar if you don't need it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was dope to too, do you know, just to be able to do that. But right now it's just it's going like if you look at the Barbie movie in.
Speaker 3: There, yeah I saw that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we just were a little bit of everywhere.
Speaker 3: Man, did you think like obviously you believed in bump Box, But it's crazy because it's true. Like I remember, I used to always just associate bump Box with you because that's how I found out about it, right, But it's transcended it and it's so like you said, it's in the biggest movie ever. Yeah, yeah, Like did you ever have any idea we get this big?
Speaker 1: Honestly?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: You know, it's still it's still excitement there that that we're growing. Like when my you know, we had the headphones the waves that came out, and now we got the the in ear headphones that's about to drop.
Speaker 3: To Hey, whatever headphone company you were involved with, I still have those headphones that was with us, that was them, Okay, I still have us, but now we got the ones ok and they wireless.
Speaker 1: Yeah everything. Oh yeah, you guys, we're gonna crush it for sure. Uh.
Speaker 2: We got some called slapstick too, and like you can put it on anything metal, a little stick to it and it's a Bluetooth radio loud as hell, you know what I'm saying. Like we got almost like a magnet.
Speaker 3: You just slap it places like if you're if you're in the shop, if you're working on cars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, anything metal. Yeah, it's waterproof, I would say, for the most part. Yeah, waterproof and yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: What do you got on this new album?
Speaker 2: I really didn't do features, man, I have first class with Larry June. I have uh first class with Larry June. I have swear I'm with t I and my nephew Nico. But other than that, it's just strictly me.
Speaker 1: Man. I hate to do this because my daughter, do you think?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Hey, truth, I'm doing an interview right now. What's wrong, baby? Okay, soon as I get done, I'm gonna come get you. Okay, you heard me?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Leiah?
Speaker 3: Your daughter lives out here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, she just moved. She and she in Vegas now.
Speaker 3: But yeah, she's saving tax money, you know.
Speaker 2: She here. Actually she here Now, I just flew it here because you know, you don't have to worry about that in Texas. Yeah, you know, she a Texas baby. She was boring though, said yeah, yeah, my nephew Nico. Other than that is strictly me. I wanted this tape. This tape is just kind of like the the reintro to me because you got to realize, for years, I ain't really been able to just put out consistent music on album because you may have somebody getting killed by police, or you may have a natural disaster, and you know, when it comes to that, unfocused on the people, you know what I'm saying. So I wasn't able. So this is the first one to kind of get me back. And okay, he's still on it, you know what I'm saying. Because now when I'm moving around, I got so many relationships people overly excited, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like, and also a lot of people are there's a whole new wave of people who associate who don't really associate you with being a rapper right right that they look at you as a businessman. They look at you as somebody who gives back, who's helping people during the hurricane, somebody who's you know, just tied in in so many different ways culturally that it's like, hey, also, I do this at a high.
Speaker 2: Level, right so now on this album, I wanted it to be just more than me, just a good vibe, nothing crazy, just straight good vibe music that people can relate to them from all walks of life, all dramas, you know, our a's brackets. And after that then I'm gonna come in and start putting press on.
Speaker 3: I want to know how because right now two of the most hottest rappers period are from your region. D Baby in that Mexican O t.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, both of them doing, both of them.
Speaker 3: Are doing their thing. I wanna say, how much are you kind of paying attention to like what they're doing? Because man, OT just saw that a show in LA He just finished his first headline of tour, and so you know.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely familiar with them.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: You know, I always.
Speaker 2: Embraced people early before the stuff start really jumping off.
Speaker 1: So it was always love.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm one of the people man I salute, congratulate, you know, just really I stand behind just our city anyway, especially, you know, I love watching some of the younger generation go to do their thing. You know what I'm saying, have they shot? Because everybody had they shot. It's no point of watching certain people haget like, yeah, the blossom for the next So it's them. You know, I'm gonna be introducing the world to the Rejects, which is a bunch of street cats from the city. They have their own fan base that make authentic music that I feel need to be shown to the world and displayed. So the Rejects coming, and of course you know that's me. You have Big Tony, Calwayne Ski Taste, Jack Boy, thirty Ways, Larid of Savage, Million Bucks, h Fast Money, trying not to forget anybody. I bet my mim be so so all over man. But definitely gotta check file them. That tape gonna be something because I'm.
Speaker 3: I have to say that sounds that sounds like a massive like that sounds like more like a collective like Wu Tang Clan kind of Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's definitely. It's definitely interesting.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: They first single gonna come out called Detention, and it may release real soon. You know what I'm saying there, that got the visual shot for that. I mean we just jack boy. Yeah, we just were working man, everybody doing their thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think it's refreshing too, because I do feel like no matter like you know, we always think of like the puke he the peak h Town kind of like you know, oh five three h four, you know, Mike Jones, Paul Walls, Switcher House, Slim Thug Yourself. What I like about the new ship I'm hearing is it sounds very Texas. And obviously Travis has put out a lot of records that sound very Texas and paid a lot of homage to Age Town. But I feel like it's it's just dope to kind of see like these dudes making like unapologetic Texas music. And it worked on like a big level too.
Speaker 2: So the reason it works, right, Texas support is Texas support.
Speaker 1: You never even really gotta leave.
Speaker 3: Texas, right, So it's right if anyone's ever driven through Texas, it's crazy. Yeah, definitely, it never ends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you got you got that.
Speaker 2: And when you have that and the foundation built around it, it trickles in the other markets and you know they try and feel like, oh well, what's that, what's what's what's that?
Speaker 1: Child jam?
Speaker 2: And then they get on, then they go put their people on it. So it works. Man, there's nothing wrong with stamp true to your roots.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: So a lot of times people trying to do other stuff to get in and fit in, and it's like if you had just held up a little longer your time, would it game, because people are gonna get to your way. Everybody, everybody had their waves. It never feels think about it. Every market have they time.
Speaker 3: I look at a guy like you know, even like you know, shout outs, like a guy like payso Pays and and and those guys like Suce Waka, I feel like his wave is like finally kind of connecting on like a really big level. And he's been kind of independently like yeah yeah heading the business for so long, and it feels like he like he had the bet thing last year, like and it's like, oh, like finally there's like a national spotlight on what he's been doing for so long. So I feel like Texas, h town in general, even Dallas is going crazy. A big extra plug is incredible. Yeah yeah, So it's just dope to see Texas have like another just new.
Speaker 2: It's naturally man, from Houston to Dallas state. It's just naturally hustlers.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: We definitely had a hustler's mentality that we come from where we used to slang stuff out the Trump on the regular.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: And and also with the hustling mentality, is we not necessarily take a no for answer. We're gonna find a way to get in and fit in however we can. And when I say we, I'm speaking just for the Texas culture in general.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 2: So Yeah, when you stay consistently and you do things like that, it's definitely going to hit people radars. And then when they hit their radars, you know, you take it and you you magnified and grow it and blew it up.
Speaker 3: I always wondered, you've done so much for your city. I feel like when people think of your city, you're synonymous with it. At this point, you're a community leader at this point. Did you ever get unbanned from the box in Houston?
Speaker 2: So it's crazy you say in Houston, rubband band? I was never just banned in Houston. It was Radio one, Yeah, worldwide still that way, Radio one the company there's still to trade the Truth band?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Wow? Well bro, was there ever any has there been any sort I mean, look, that was like what over ten years ago? Right, Like that was so long ago, might have been longer than fourteen years. Yeah, it's been so long. Like you would think people grow people.
Speaker 1: I definitely grown. Mean, I haven't thought about it.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't speak on them, I don't, right, I just keep it moving, you know. I found my lane and it works.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And you know, you're also not an artist that necessarily needs radio to be successful, like.
Speaker 2: Right, you know, and that's another reason when I take time to salute a lot of the younger artists coming up, they created way as well. Radio isn't necessarily even needed anymore for you to chart, for you, the tool for you to monetize, you know what I'm saying, for your family right right. So definitely it's a blessing. I've I've seen a lot of people come and go, and I'm still here. And then when you think when I actually did have radio, I wouldn't nowhere as big as I.
Speaker 3: Now, that's just a real ship. That's some real ship. Yeah, that's true, Yo. When you do you ever look back at like you know, I was, I was just talking with my boy Amir about kind of like the peak grand Hustle days. Shout to Dreux and obviously yourself and Bob was in the mix, and Iggy as Elliott was in the mix. Travis Travis was in the mix. It was just such a crazy like.
Speaker 1: R P ra rah, you know, Tokyo, there's a lot of.
Speaker 3: Us, just a crazy movement. I mean before he got you know, aired out. I mean, I love the Alphamega. Dude. He had such a crazy voice. But you ever look back at those days and just like be like damn, Like that was like a moment. You know. It feels like sometimes we live and we're part of history, but we don't know that we're living in it at the time.
Speaker 2: Right And it probably actually if you was actually in it, you still would never see it the way.
Speaker 3: That the outside, like the way the world saw it.
Speaker 2: Right, Like for instance, me right ask the music, like when I come around, whether it be the music or just for me being on frontline and helping people, people be amazed to me.
Speaker 1: I'm normal as can be. It's just the normal me.
Speaker 2: So I don't I don't really realize what I am to people, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And even when you speak of the Hustle Game.
Speaker 2: It was gad everybody talking about hustling, everybody wearing Hustle Gang, closed, Hustle Gang everything.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying to where.
Speaker 2: I think because we were living in it, it's kind of hard to see what everybody else saw, but we definitely appreciate it because shit, you know that was at that time. Everything people was doing was Hustle Gang for sure.
Speaker 3: For sure, take back to like was it the BT Awards with like Drama was DJing and just everybody. It was just a moment for sure, Man, a moment. That's why I was. I was also talking about it with Drama. I was like, bro, how crazy was that?
Speaker 2: Shout out to them, you know they're working on a PSC album right now. Really Pimp Squad Click, Yeah they they back on. I just left from out there ment. I just shot the video to the record Swell, and I was out there for his movie from make Sure Everybody go check out the Movie Departments. That's something dope with a bunch of comedians.
Speaker 3: I would say, I love to see t I like pivot and try to just do whatever, Like he's just doing what he wants at this point, Like if you're a legend. You could just do what you want.
Speaker 2: And I don't even think it's that we do. We want the thing. We just enjoying life.
Speaker 3: That's what I gonna say. Like to me, he's doing the comedy shit the right way, Like he's like going to open mics, he's getting on the mic. He's he's you know, I feel like comedy and hip Hopp's parallels like you got to start somewhere, you know what I'm saying. And I feel like he's doing it the right way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's that movie.
Speaker 2: The movie came out the apartments, Like what was the movie with a bunch of comedians back in the day?
Speaker 1: Was at Call was?
Speaker 3: There was a lot of those movies with a bunch of big comedians. Don't know about car Wash. I remember the Wash with Snooping doctor dre Neither somebody way back then with Richard Pride type. Yeah I was born in eighty seven.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, so yeah, it's definitely one of the ones that's gonna count this now. Yeah, and it's dope, even though it's Sun King and that too. But I think we had a point life, man. We just like that's the reason why I did this. Alpen Man We're just living. Like, what's the point of waking up angry every day or stress or running to the same walls. Man, we just got to live and enjoy life. Like my movie coming out. It's a comedy too. You got a movie coming Yeah, it should drop any day on too. It's called Soul.
Speaker 3: That's a two B game because I've I swear to God, my favorite thing to do is just search up to be on Twitter and just watch.
Speaker 2: It so you know it's two parts. It's two parts of it, right. You do have the bootleg movie? Great though, Yeah, but some of that shit is just funny.
Speaker 3: I gets hilarious.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was telling him. I was like, bro, we got the cameras, like we should shoot like a white trash tube. It definitely would It definitely would go.
Speaker 2: But the other thing people don't realize ship to B be having better movies than Netflix and the other ship.
Speaker 1: They be having real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, a lot off you know what I'm saying. Yeah, So that's the thing people should definitely go because you know the first thing they do is like what you did? They go look at it and they're like, man, I'm never downloaded to.
Speaker 3: People who don't know to be's free. So if you have a smart TV, you're just in the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you know, I have partners like Murder Pain, you know, Chris and a lot of them.
Speaker 1: I believe t Muler, a lot of them.
Speaker 2: You know, they took to Be to another level because we didn't get familiar with to be till we start watching the show McGraw or to a Living or.
Speaker 1: What was the other one?
Speaker 2: Love.
Speaker 1: I know it's a lot of them. They got right now to be special.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And I heard that like they're really good, like like they pay well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you can they. I learned about TWOV.
Speaker 2: They said it was a man who shot a whole video on the iPhone. I've seen raying it up, ran up a bag, ran it up. What are we doing shoot a movie?
Speaker 3: Come on? You mentioned t I. You guys have this the guy who does these pranks where he.
Speaker 2: Says, shout out, shout out White though Mike, I've been following.
Speaker 1: We built me and him building, We built the relationship of this.
Speaker 3: I've been following this guy for a long time and I think he's funny and because he does other stuff besides just you know that. And by the way, he does look really white.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but people don't know he's not.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. I know he's not, but he looks really like even if somebody took it the wrong way and he tried to explain like no, no, no, no, this is what my parents look like, I don't know if he can get that far. So that prank was real, Like your guy's reaction was like real, it looked a little set up.
Speaker 2: What I would be honest with you is it's way more. That happened that day before y'all. I got to see what y'all see. So we'll leave it at that. Okay, But.
Speaker 3: I would just say that you would be like top five guy, wouldn't prank.
Speaker 1: I put it like this, It was.
Speaker 2: It was a lot interesting that day and that was realized that they Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: If we just leader at that, yeah, you know, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Though they might good people though, man, and I you know.
Speaker 3: Just I'm just because we've been seeing some some of these pranksters. Like I don't know, if you saw a couple of weeks ago someone got shot at the mall. It's all yeah, it's like, you know, you gotta be careful, man. People ain't playing around these.
Speaker 2: Because you know, like the worst thing I can tell you now, the worst thing when me would be if I'm with my kids, it ain't nothing. Nobody gonna be able to tell me nothing, you know what I'm saying. It's like so, but I also gave him game too, you know, like I told him, hey, man, like the Saint, the always going viral ain't good.
Speaker 3: And this isn't like a sustainable, scalable way to do it, Like do it and have an audience and then then start doing skits or then make a two by movie or just start acting dude. You know, I think Drew Ski has done like such an incredible.
Speaker 2: Job of like and his ass is funny. With the ship, I don't I don't know how he wakes up with the thought process.
Speaker 3: He has the most specific like scenario videos that you just relate to and you never yeah and you're just like, bro, like the one with the where he was playing the girls, like who are security guards at the front desk and he's like chewing gum and like on the phone.
Speaker 1: Just be my homie too.
Speaker 3: Man. He's great, but he's done it. He's like building him. But he's got a sports agency, Like it's really crazy.
Speaker 1: I just did.
Speaker 2: It was an idea of the skit that just came out with me and Jack Funny. Definitely a Chicken funny out man three one three. He's super dope. But you know, if you really pay attention, I've been in that world with a lot of comedians already, so I've been doing I've been doing skits since Buying Days was lit Forest Chick Talker.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Did you go to the Comedy Mothership in Austin. That's Jill Roden's clubs.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: There's some dope comedians out of Texas right now. Ralph Barbosa. Have you heard of him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just met him. Another one live in Texas. Is it Matt Rife.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, he's funny, he's lit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the last last time I was in Austin for comedy was with Dave Chappelle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I went to comedy store once. In Hollywood, I go to comedy Store a lot, but I went one time and it was one of the times where they were like, hey, everyone needs to check their phone because Chappelle's about to practice all his ship tonight with no Like, you had no idea, so you like pay for like a you know, twenty five dollars ticket to just see you know whoever they put on stage and Dave Chappelle comes out lights of a cigarette. He did like two hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he always you know, he usually ends trade for me with the comedy show. It's amazing. So yeah, yes, now that's my brother for real, for real man. And also it's big for him that like like he uplifts me like no other like he he'd be proud like a big brother for just the stuff that I do too, you know what I'm saying, and stuff like that give you energy to keep going.
Speaker 3: I think, like what he does is so inspiring because he's like the person who walked away from the biggest show, like the biggest sketch comedy television show ever. I think he had thirty million dollars on the table and he's like, nah, this don't feel right. Yeah, one thing, he got it right back. He stands for what he stands and he just does what he wants, like if he don't feel like, if it don't feel good, he ain't gonna fuck with it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: He definitely more people should move that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's authentic.
Speaker 3: Like money like money ain't everything, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You know, in this day and age, for some people, it is. For people like us, it's not worth jeopardizing your principles, your mols, and your legacy, you know, because right now, for people like myself, the legacy is important. The stuff that I do in a community fighting, that's all part of my legacy, my story. My kids will be able to be proud of who they pops.
Speaker 3: Was right, right, No, for sure, it's crazy too because your legacy is like cemented at this point, and you've kind of gone from like being like a guy if you really want to, like a Houston or Texas hip hop fan, you just knew about trade because it was like the guy in tech who runs Houston. It's like the guy you don't want to fuck with in Texas, you know what I'm saying. And like, you know, fast forward fifteen years, you're like very much a community leader. You're very much like when you think of like you know, when I think of you and mister Rogers were doing out there just crazy, just like not a lot of people would roll their sleeves up and like actually do the work to like help their neighbors I tell people or also not just that by the way, like I've seen you post if some sort of situation happens.
Speaker 2: So we do a lot to touch on the stuff with Rogers, Like people don't really realize the time it's relief gang, right, Yeah, they don't realize the time and everything that we went through and dealt with, you know, from help to family to just we dealt with a lot trying to do what we could do for everybody, you know, and that that's the part that that's always gonna be implanting in both me and him. But you know, to the rest of the way, they don't really understand. They only see what we showing that that was only twenty percent of what we do. You see what I'm saying, like you got because you're not doing it for We only doing it when we show it. We show for awareness because it gets people more help. And it also plant seed to show people that they can do things to help people, you know, like everybody think you gotta be me andaires they help people, and that ain't the case.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they ain't take money.
Speaker 2: It may take the time or just the ear, you know, and like nobody seeing a sleeping and cars not being able to eat for days or or you know, just different stuff like it's a lot that came with that, man, but we dedicated to it even to this day.
Speaker 1: I'm something happened. I'm one of the ones that's going from Well, I.
Speaker 3: Was gonna say, can you give us like a random example, because like I've seen it a bunch, Like if there's a situation where something bad happens to somebody, or you know, there's an unfortunate thing, like you'll pull together your resources, you'll post about it. You know. Can you give me a situation in which you just helped somebody that because I think some people who don't really necessarily follow you, they know about what you guys did in the hurricane, but you guys do stuff all the time for people.
Speaker 1: Oh man, it's it's too much to name.
Speaker 3: Yo. We got to stop the interview again and tell you about our folks at odd Socks, Baby, that's right, shot to odd Socks man, the most comfortable socks in the world. They've been riding with us since day one. And let me tell you something, man, Christmas time is really sneaking up. Odd Socksofficial dot com. Use the promo code Bootleg. Save twenty percent off at checkout. They got the crazy licenses. Check out these Naruto socks, Fucking fire little SpongeBob socks, you know what I'm saying. How about this? How about the haw Hi movie socks. They got the WWE. They got the motherfucking Cheeto socks. You know what I'm saying. Shot to the mother fucking Cheeto socks. They just dropped their Monopoly line too. I'm waiting for them to send them to me, Ahmad, send me the Monopoly shit, buddy, all right. Also the odd socks basics, these are my favorites. They're just normal, just you know, the most comfortable socks you've ever put on your feet is really what they are. Get them black, white, red, fucking tied eye, whatever you're into. They got the underwear baby Little Reese's Boys. Let's go odd Socksofficial dot com. Use the promo code Bootleg. They got south Park underwear too, all the licenses WWE, Scarface breaking Bad, South Park, Power Rangers, Monopoly, Coca Cola, they got it all. Use that promo code Bootleg and save twenty percent off at checkout. Also want to give a shout out to our sponsor. Much love to our good folks at blue Cheo. That's right. We talk about it all the time on the podcast. When you go to bluetoo dot com right now, you can get your first month for free. A lot of people ask, well, what is blue choo and doesn't work? Well blue Cheo. It has the same active ingredient as viagra and sialis. The only difference is you don't have to go to the doctor. It's all online. You go to bluetoo dot com. You get your shit handled over there, and then they get you handled by sending you a month for free. When you use the promo code bootleg blue choo dot Com promo code bootleg tryout blue Chew. It'll have your uh, your dick harder than it's ever been. It's like trigonometry in high school, real hard.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: If you're dealing with any sort of a rectile dysfunction, blue Choo will have your right. Like I said, same active ingredient as viagrancy, allis minus the awkward doctor's appointment. Everything's online. And if you're asking, well, I don't know, man, I just don't know. Try it out for free for a month. They'll send you a month supply for free right to your doorstep in discrete packaging blue chewable form. It's in a little a little chewable man. You take that thing down and then you go to Poundtown. Take you shorty to Poundtown. Goddamn it. Blue chew dot Com used that promo code boulet try for free for a month. Let's get back to the interview.
Speaker 2: They talked to me earlier about Ms. Martha, which was the seventy seven year old lady they took the jail, I mean the later they took the jail for seventy seven dollars to like eighty somethings level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I got there for.
Speaker 2: Her, started working to rebuild a house, raised of like forty fifty thousand, done a lot of different for you.
Speaker 1: Got that.
Speaker 2: The man that they showed me they was trying to take his land in Texas elder man when out there, spoke up for him. RP to Homie Canal. I don't know if you see the dude. He had less than a few days to live. He was on hospice and I saw him recently passed away. Yeah, I was one of the Mexican dude, right yeah, well no, he's Indian.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, okay, Yeah, but I saw the food community pages posted him and he just passed away maybe two days ago.
Speaker 2: Right, so when they reached out, I was one of his one of his favorite rappers up. I believe his page, let's we just give it eight or ten thousand followers and within them, his biggest thing that he wanted was to be able to get to the people and motivate him, you know, to show people, even with him knowing his time was coming, still be grateful.
Speaker 3: And just the video that really like was crazy to see was the I think if there's a video, he posted it the day before he passed or two days before he passed, and he was barely hanging out, but he was still very.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, and for me, for me to take him from to eight or ten thousand people being able to see who he is to almost two hundred thousand in the matter a couple of days. Help spread his message. Man spread his message like no other. You have people shout out to the rock. You had people everybody from all across the world reaching out, you know what I'm saying. So it's just so many different things that I do, you know, you had, you had the recent hurricanes in the Mississippis. You know, I'm out the front line with that. It's just it's so much different stuff that we do, Yeah for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then you know, we still fighting for Breonna Taylor. We still want justice for that special fuck you to Daniel Cameron, and you know we still keep it going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy too because if you think about, like, you know, some of the activis that came out of the pandemic, you know, it felt at at a certain point in time like it was just trendy some people. But you got to but let me finish my thought. What I was gonna say was and then and then you'll see people like cor Day, You'll see people like my son, people like you like, and it's like, Yo, this is not just because it's popular to post a black square on Instagram or it's popular to spread awareness because we're stuck in the house.
Speaker 2: So the thing with that is people don't really understand. Again, they only know what they see. They don't know our lives were at risk every day. I don't know if you know, you know me, my son, we moved. Yeah, I'm gonna get to that too. We moved to Kentucky. We were living now. Wow, So imagine being followed by helicopters. You you getting random unmarked cars, following being shot at, whether it maybe tear gas, different stuff.
Speaker 1: You know, we've been through. We've been through a lot.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm talking about any anything when anything can go the same man Dan just for us showing up to his house, had us arrested, trying to give us feelings. But you can't do nothing to the officers that cold blooded killed Breonna Taylor. Crazy, you see what I'm saying. But I tell people when they comes to stuff like that, anytime we leave out the house, shit, it's not guaranteed we're coming back. That ship just as serious as the street life. When you're dealing with going against crooked officers.
Speaker 3: The cops are the biggest game.
Speaker 1: And it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Police literally move like a gang.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But what I want to say, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna. I'm a I'm a realistic person. I'm not gonna pending on all of them because even times when we were arrested and stuff like that, you have officers pulls aside like, man, I respect what y'all doing.
Speaker 1: It gotta be this way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say this, like, obviously most cops are good, but I just mean in terms of like the culture of police. There's unwritten laws that they had they follow.
Speaker 2: It is very it's so crazy to be funny, right, Like when people talk about the streets and the industry snitch and right, officers feel the same way if you go tell on them.
Speaker 3: That's what I was going to say. The same way if a cop sitches on another cop that the.
Speaker 2: Yeah you outcast. Yeah, so it's definitely the same ship.
Speaker 3: It is definitely the same ship. It is crazy. I wonder I have you had any sort of like because you feel like the type of person who could run for office and win. Never I don't do politics. Have you ever met with like you know, you know, I've seen Killer Mike meet with the governor of Georgia, who I know is more of a conservative guy.
Speaker 2: Have you ever tried to meet with this It's nothing you really can do coming through Texas and not know who I am. So I came across just about anybody. There's been times rather than even say their names, has been times some of the people at the top of the ladder reached out to to talk all to try and come move through the town and want me to pull up, and I just won't. I just stand on principles. You know, if it's something I believe in, cool if not, know now what I do now is I try and give people the knowledge, like I gave a lot of people that know you can actually be in jail and vote. You know what I'm saying, Like it was just it was different things that could be done. And then a lot of people, you know, their mentality was like what I need to vote for? My vote don't count. But when I start helping them understand matters if you feel the count or not. The way we win is to get the right people in office. You see what I'm saying, Because if we ain't voting, we letting the people who gonna fuck us over at our times sit in office and whether they run up money on and like Texas.
Speaker 3: For for whatever reason, Texas has gotten a lot closer in terms of it's I know it's a conservative state, but it also is like a state that I feel like a lot of people are are willing to look at other ideas.
Speaker 1: If you will, you.
Speaker 3: Go to a place like Austin. Austin is like a blue city in a red state. You know what I'm saying, Like Austin kind of feels like it's its own, like it's its own, like it's like you go into a whole other place when you're there.
Speaker 2: Austin's always That's always been a lot of any of us from Houston. That's always been music wise on our biggest fan bases.
Speaker 3: Love Austin, Yellow Roads, great establishment.
Speaker 2: As far as the industry itself, it's a dope place because they love music.
Speaker 1: I look at.
Speaker 2: Austin as when you go to a lot of these festivals and different stuff, just certain people walking around Bellfoot is just smoking hippie hippie life, you know what I'm saying. Of course, you know they got the streets. I got family out there, you know I know that.
Speaker 1: But it's just it's just a good vibe city, you know for sure?
Speaker 3: How much like obviously the album comes out on the twentieth, right, Yeah, yeah, next Friday. How are you are you liking it? Stay like pretty active with music for you kind of guys. Put this out, let it live and then see how you feel.
Speaker 2: As of now, I'm going to stay active until i'm needed.
Speaker 3: There's the rejects.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the reject Yeah, Reject's gonna come to And then after this, I'm gonna start I got over two thousand released record I'm gonna start letting records out. I'm gonna start letting the Wild Factor records out. You see what I'm saying. Because one thing people don't realize in the industry, I probably have the most powerful relationships they is You're not gonna you can't find nobody who's been featured more or has more features than me. The closest would be two chains. You know what I'm saying. And I'm I'm pretty sure anybody tell you I like my relationships is some way different.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: So I think I'm gonna get to a point where I just start releasing a bunch of crazy records.
Speaker 3: For the fun of it, because why I sit on them.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm sitting on two thousand records plus, so I've been sitting on them a long time. But I don't I don't really. I do it just for my own person, you know, even though my people say it selfish, But just do it for my own person, like when you go to the studio. Definitely, that's that's that's my go to you know, I don't smoke a drink. That's that's my go to, but not only would it be in my uh.
Speaker 1: My go to is like.
Speaker 2: When it comes times where situations go on, I have to pick be up for the people or focus on myself, and I always pick you know what I'm saying. I always pick the people, so I never really get to get the fair shot.
Speaker 1: This is the first time.
Speaker 2: Nothing's really fully interrupted me from trying to push up put an album out. So I'm just living it while I can. To next shit hit and I gotta get back to it.
Speaker 3: Is Texas open carry? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, do you because you know, like we're in California where they make it extremely difficult to like protect yourself, and you know there's good things and bad things about that. Obviously there's a terrible school shooting that happened in Texas all day I was there.
Speaker 1: That's to see that, you know, off front line for all.
Speaker 3: That was a heartbreaking situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, may they rest in peace.
Speaker 3: I am like typically a liberal guy, but I do feel like our countries moved so past, like ever changing the gun culture. This is just who we are, like we are the United States, Like I think that there should be like obvious background checks, like very common sense things. But I just wonder for you, like, do you feel like in Texas certain shit doesn't happen as often because people think twice about.
Speaker 2: So it's a given a curse, right, is a given the curse people think twice one because shit, the person you're thinking of going may have exactly what you have, So you're not really trying to write feel that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, you have that. But then it's like.
Speaker 2: The curse is, damn, you're in power with some of the the goofies that just do stupid shit that don't stand on principal and nothing and ben In accidentally hurt a child or something else. So you know, it's it's the gift and a curse.
Speaker 3: With it, man, which is like it's almost like here, like the gift in the Curse of California is like, you know, there's not as much like I guess it's not as easy to just go to a Walmart and buy AR fifteen and go shoot up a fucking your workplace or a school. It's very hard to do that. The curse is you might get ran up on, and it's really like like it's active. I'm sure you've seen the smashing grabs and people in the bay get bipped every fucking day, like it's it's wild like. So it's kind of like it's kind of like you got to pick your boys in a little bit. And it's unfortunate this is America because you ain't never gonna get rid of the guns. No, no, no matter what. There's too many of them, too much big business.
Speaker 1: No man.
Speaker 2: But believe it or not, you just you have to. I've learned to adapt to my environment. I'm gonna tell you one thing that really really got to me, right. I was one day because I like my son Houston. You know, he's thirteen. I exposed him to the game, like he's gonna have both smarts, he can be a square in the street kids the same time, just.
Speaker 1: So he'll know what to do or not to do.
Speaker 2: And if I expose it to him, no child can come key him up and excite him to go do no crash dumb shit because his pops and already showed him. So I was like, man, you know what, fuck it, let's let's just go to the gun range.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: But in my mind, it's like, damn, I don't want people sitting here wining because he's young.
Speaker 1: Man. I went in there.
Speaker 2: It was kids seven or eight years old all the way up. The just plays Super Pac. But my point of saying that is people already preparing to.
Speaker 3: And they already sit into their environment and you never know.
Speaker 2: I mean, she's getting they can get real and the world is getting real right now.
Speaker 3: General I Twisted does a good job. In Chicago, he had classes, so.
Speaker 2: You know, it's crazy. I told him he's gonna have to come. I told him we were well. We ended up doing trade there so we didn't get around to it. Then I just had my listening part in Chicago. He came out shout out to him, Raoul. But yeah, I told me, he's gonna have to train me to make sure I can be a sharp shoot.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take some time.
Speaker 3: He's really good at like he's training like people how to properly own a weapon at a like like you know what I'm saying, Like because at the end of the day, like that's something that I think in the black community isn't taught. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You realize, man, from where we come from.
Speaker 2: Back again, we used to think the whole side with that, you're not hitting none of them. We used to think it was goofy for people to be like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, so yeah, and a lot of people's lives probably got saved because it was held the wrong way.
Speaker 1: Yeah that too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what's ing. Hey, it's crazy because so I was, I was in Vegas, I got the hang out with James Harden. Your guys just new coach was there. He may Yodoka, who I'm sure just shout out to him. Man, he's a legend, you know what I'm saying. He's a real Uh, he's a real Uh, He's a legend, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Harden is like there was rumors of him coming back to Houston. I hope, So I don't think it's gonna happen. But how much like James Harden is like about as Houston as you can get.
Speaker 2: He's there all the times, my brother, his weekends is passed and you know, even with a lot of stuff I do in the community, he jumped side by side with me. You know, him his whole team, you know, Super solid Ude, his whole foundation all the way from plau to everybody. You know, they all hands on man, so man, you know, it's his club.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of businesses.
Speaker 3: Though when like, uh like like I always wonder like I saw the kid Thompson who got drafted by you guys this year. I don't know if he even knows who you are, because he's a literal child. I think he's from the Bay mostly. But I wonder, like if I if I got drafted to the Rockets, the first thing I would do is DM. I would DM train a man.
Speaker 2: They don't even necessary have to write because my relationship is so strong with the Rockets and the Astros and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I literally pull up, did.
Speaker 3: You guys are you Did you guys advance to the next round?
Speaker 2: Astros? Yeah, of course, Final four. My Diamondbacks are in there right now. We're finna play Texas.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's like a civil war. Yeah, Dallas versus Houston.
Speaker 2: You know, Man, Astros today end man. Even though you know, they went cheated. They went through their phase of people hating on the low, but at the end of the day, they came back and so it was pure greatness.
Speaker 3: Was it hard for people from Houston to adopt the Texans as their team?
Speaker 1: I mean, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: I just feel like, you know, anytime there's like an expansion team, even like here, right, like the Chargers are LA. No one gives a fuck about the Chargers in LA, Like they just don't care. Right the Oilers left. Then there's the Cowboys who are like just everyone's team. You know, are are Are you a Texans or a Cowboys guy?
Speaker 1: Man, I've always been ied my city.
Speaker 2: Whatever you were an Oilers guy definitely was a shout to Warren Moone.
Speaker 3: Like my father died hard Cowboys fan. Of course he is.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying. So me and myself, I just the full IPEd. But see when I if it's it's either Houston or Texas, So anything coming out of that, I'm always on the stand.
Speaker 3: Have you have you met CJ. Stroud yet?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I was just with him. I was with him at YO.
Speaker 3: What up, guys, we got to start the interview to tell you about our folks at my bookie. It's winning season right now, NFL We're in the thick of it. I've been doing really good on my NFL bets, by the way, Plus NBA officially back, we got playoff baseball. It's going crazy. Especially if you like to throw down some of that money and do a little gambling. You got to head over to my bookie. Uh, this was double about my book It doesn't mater. If your team sucks my team, the Cardinals, they're trash, don't matter. I'm still winning on Sundays. Baby, all right? At my bookie. All right, you can use my bookie for your daily odd boosts, same game parlays, and take advantage of the crazy huge prize pool contest plus. Right now, my bookie has a no strings attached that's the important thing. No strings attached cash bonus that let you deposit and withdraw quick. That's free cash, no strings attached, deposit, take it out and then go about your day. Or get in on some of this NFL and NBA action. Baby, all right, just use the promo code Bootleg when you sign up. Go to my bookie dot ag, use the promo code Bootleg on your first deposit and you'll receive up to two hundred dollars in cash. What are we talking about? No strings attached? What my bookie? Use the promo code bootleg all right. Maybe you want to gamble on some NFL. Maybe you want to get in on some of this early NBA action. Maybe you want to get in on some of this playoff baseball. It's really on you use the promo code Bootleg and receive up to two hundred dollars in cash. That's right, try my bookie right now. Use that promo code Bootleg and you can grab How about this, man, there's some crazy odds going on, and I like this one because what you can do is you can throw down on a potential Super Bowl front runner and uh plus thirty eight thousand on the Eagles and Chiefs on the super Bowl plus thirty eight thousand. If you put one hundred dollars, you win thirty eight thousand dollars. You're not gonna get those odds anywhere, my bookie dot ag use the promo code Bootleg right now. Bet anything anytime, anywhere, only with my bookie. Plus, we got to give a big shout out to our family at King Pom Man. We love King Pom over here on the Bootleg podcast. This's great about King Pom. First of all, it's all about that organic no tobacco leaf. This thing right here is a boy. Look at that. Sure, that's just the leaf right there. King Palm. They got everything you need.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: They got these cones with the squeezing pop turpenes in them. The flavors. This right here is the dragon fruit, We got the grape hd, the watermelon waves, so many flavors. What's job about King Palm? If you're in whatever city you're in, you could find King Palm at your local smoke shop, your local seven eleven. All right, I'm telling you King Palm, You're not gonna ever ever experience a more cleaner, more natural, more just great way to smoke. Which you're smoking, all right? You stuff one of these boys up with some flour and you just you're off to the races. I'm telling you. You hit the tip, you get hit with that flavor, and it's man, it's nothing like it. The squeezing pop on King Palm is insane, all right. And they got all sized cones, all right, So go to King Palm Man organic tobacco free leafs of all sizes like this is a this is a this is look. Look we're talking about all sizes here. What are we talking about? What do we talk about? Your boys? All right? Go to Kingpom dot com right now. You go order whatever you want man, they got accessories, they got trays, they got grinders, they got ash trays, they got damn all kinds of flavors of their leafs. Everything. Fifty percent off when you use the promo code Bootleg. That's fifty percent off. Order whatever you want a Kingpom dot com. Let's get back to the interview with.
Speaker 2: Snoop and Wiz, And then I was with him. He is bawling, Yeah he is.
Speaker 3: He's just broke. He's breaking records. Yeah, I think he's throwing an interception in it's been like five games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know, definitely justine for greatness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you ever because I was like, uh, you know, I own a club now in a z and I'm like conflicted because I'm a hardcore Phoenix Suns fan and some of our biggest customers are sons and sometimes they come in on nights that I'm like, as a fan, like, but there's a game tomorrow. Yeah, like, bro you need but you guys a party. In my opinion, and I would tell this to people like, obviously, I think Atlanta gets the credit for being the strip club city. I personally think Houston is the best strip club city in the country.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 3: We definitely you guys got to byob thing going on.
Speaker 1: We the place right now that everybody come to.
Speaker 2: Yes, every We is what people look at as the party city right now, Like if you want to go have a good time, great food. Yeah, yeah, definitely. I've learned that the culture is definitely.
Speaker 3: And a lot of people like you live there that people don't live there that too. I talked to so many artists like, oh, I'm living in Houston.
Speaker 2: I'm like, really, can tell you a lot of them, tons of them, Yeah, because I wouldn't say.
Speaker 3: There's Like I was talking to be a Be the pac Man and he was like, I've been living in Houston. I mean this is on camera, so I can talk to you. Like a lot of people love Houston. Man. Yeah, you get the good Mexican food, not quite as the West Coast.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: This is the third barbecue. This is the third damn time. Because I was on a d podcast last you get said Texas Mexican food is definitely better than now. You guys got barbecue though. Have you have you ate Mexican food and Texas so much? You gotta come with us? Then I've gone with Give me you give me a restaurant right now, I'm gonna make sure I go to before I leave text Mexican. See, we ain't even talking about that. We're not even gonna call it tics maybe.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, they have like Mexican spots there, Like.
Speaker 2: You give me a restaurant here, I'm gonna take my ass stare and I'm sugar find out.
Speaker 3: You know what it is is. I always say, if I rank the best Mexican food, it's San Diego because it's right there, the borders right there. Proximity. Of course El Paso's got good Mexican food because of course proximity is right wat is right there. I was just look at proximity right. The thing about San Diego is they got all the ill Mexican food, and they got the il my eastcols, so you get all the like the seafood ship, the shrimp cocktail, and then LA's just got the best taco trucks in the game. I got them. And then Arizona then Texas.
Speaker 2: Fuck no, yoh yeah, I'm not even gonna do Texas like that. We ain't letting that out. You're gonna you need to come to Texas with us, then we're gonna go in the bus.
Speaker 3: I'm supposed to have you gone hog hunting out there yet.
Speaker 1: So I did you know? It's crazy.
Speaker 3: I took me and my son and I just didn't post it because you never know, because it is. It is a pretty intense video. I've seen the videos of the guys on the helicopters just mowing down.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Now we got in the trenches with him. It wasn't that we in the middle of the night in.
Speaker 3: The pitch blush stabbing me. Did you have to do that?
Speaker 1: I'm finna sew you. I just know what you know.
Speaker 3: I got invited to go to Texas with Ot and he said, baby, we're gonna go hog hunted. Baby, and he's like, we're gonna be in the back of a truck with a machine gun, just mowing down pigs. And I'm a huge animal lover, but I don't love him enough not to eat them. Obviously, I wouldn't eat.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't eat, goddamn me.
Speaker 3: I'll eat the swine. The swine is the I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I'm not that type of hog. We talking about wild boys jeans.
Speaker 3: You don't eat that, see. But then I understand why they want you to kill the hogs because they are an invasive species in Texas for people don't know. They fuck up crops, they kill pets, they're they're just they're just not the nicest pigs. But they're also the literal pig that poomba is in the Lion King. So you know, I'm probably gonna end up going is murdering a bunch of pombas in the middle of I.
Speaker 2: Don't look at it like that, but if you ever get caught in the vicinity of one of them, you fuck.
Speaker 3: Are they mean?
Speaker 1: Are they nice?
Speaker 3: So maybe that.
Speaker 2: They probably got one of the most vicious bites you're gonna you.
Speaker 3: Know what, maybe that is the more dangerous way. I'm gonna approach this, but it'll make me sleep at night better so I don't feel like a murderer. Is I'm gonna just get out of the truck and I'm gonna wait for them to come and meet and then I'm gonna kill them.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna be there, and they fast and shit, so we out there. We have to use night vision to see him from a distance.
Speaker 3: I've seen the videos. Listen, I've seen the tiktoks there. It's crazy. That's the next vlog we're doing We're going to Texas. Oh wow, that is a look at that pig's teeth. Bro, do you stuff that are hanging on the wall home? No, you see me, I'm gonna take one of them and I'm gonna put it on the podcast set. We're gonna do the taxidermy.
Speaker 2: And you do know they come and pack so you it can be a bunch. Yeah, that's you in trouble. If you don't know what you're doing and you ain't out there with the right people. You fuck what?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, is it a thing you could inform me? Do people pay to go hunt them?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You know, people get paid to go hunt them because so we can make money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's why.
Speaker 2: So the people who go up in the helicopters, they definitely get paid the people who take people out, you know what I'm saying, because it's they so much of a problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've heard that they're really bad for the environment, but.
Speaker 4: They're also like, you know, it's a little very little all right, trying to tell me that my friend has a pig, but not that kind of he's got a pig, like a little guy pig.
Speaker 1: But so not a boar. Yeah, boys not to be played with.
Speaker 3: That'd be a pretty sick if you're actually.
Speaker 1: You won't even be able to put a boy down with a handgun like that.
Speaker 3: Well, I so so I had heard uh I was talking with uh Otis Pops and he was saying that sometimes you got to shoot it and then you got to slice it from behind, which to me sounds like something I'm just not willing to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ain't got that close to it.
Speaker 3: I'm good. I don't want to ever stab anything unless I have to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely if you got a particular family.
Speaker 3: If you have to, you're gonna stab somebody. But I'm not going to do it like just because it's Monday, like it's money. Let's go fucking slice some pigs throats out here, all right. So the new album is uh Stuck in Motion Stuck in Motion tracks eighteen tracks. It's your first album in a while. Yeah, I think it's what been five years as well.
Speaker 1: As a real album. Yeah, it's been there's been a minute. You know.
Speaker 2: I threw out songs and little tapes and stuff, but noah, this is and even when I threw our tapes that kind of got lost in the shuffle because again we're dealing with life. Yeah, but this is the first real album that I'm actually, you know, crazy thing. As much as y'all know me, and I'll be around y'all. I don't really do interviews.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't do a lot, you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So when now when you see me talking doing that, then it's it's that it's time.
Speaker 3: You're on. You're on, You're on the campaign. Yeah, yeah, definitely there it is. Man, Well listen, go get the album, go support it, Go buy a bump box Daring crowd.
Speaker 2: All the way, bump box dot com two x is. Make sure y'all go get that.
Speaker 3: They're amazing. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. If you break a chord, though, you're fucked, because.
Speaker 2: So the thing is they just got to reach out to it. A lot of people do that once they lose a chord. They'd be like, man, my box ain't wearing, Like if you ain't give me the opportunity.
Speaker 3: So you had given me, Like when me and Head interviewed you a while ago, I think Jeezi came up to the station at the same time. Daughter you had your daughter with you. You had given me like a small like one of the smaller ones, right, and the chord went out. So I tried to buy that cord on Amazon. I bought like three different chords and none of them would keep this thing on. And I called when you guys opened the store, I was like, oh, this is great, this isn't too far. I called the fucking store. I said, hey, guys, I got this model. Can I just go up there and buy a chord? And they're like, nah, we don't sell just the chord and I was like, well, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what the fuck you didn't just call me because.
Speaker 3: I did call you and then you just sent me ah new bump box.
Speaker 1: That's the easy way too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So that's when I got the big Doggie Style one. And Doggie Style is my favorite hip hop album ever, all top three at any given day could be number one, so I Style was a class for sure. But yeah, so go get a bump box they're incredible, and a slapstick yeah yeah, and some headphones. And by the way, the headphones sound amazing. It's I mean, the ones I have are probably four or five years old at this point, but they sound fucking great.
Speaker 2: So you know, it's crazy people didn't really realize how dope they were not everybody trying to get them, and we don't have.
Speaker 3: Because at the time there was like those beat studios and yours sounded way better because those were the ones I was. I was using that the radio. But and then I got the ones from you and they sounded fucking way better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know, once we were out, everybody like, fuck.
Speaker 1: Man, we need to get that. And now it's like it's too late.
Speaker 3: But but the end years is the way to go. That's what everyone's doing.
Speaker 2: And the thing is with me being in music, my partner Rov and everybody over there is like we always gonna make sure that shit louder, more basic, more clear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's the thing we go for.
Speaker 2: You know, we're not trying to We're not trying to hit a quick lick for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: Is gonna kill my glass is coming out with how Bavy Glasses. That's gonna be crazy. The movie, the cartoon movie coming Me and Mizzie still got a movie unreleasing.
Speaker 3: I just saw you posted with Mazi.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, you guys got a whole album together. Yeah, we already had one out. We got a second one.
Speaker 3: You know, wait, how long ago did you guys put that out? Like twenty sixty?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because for people who don't know, Mazzi has albums out with artists that you before you even like. Because I really the first time interview Mazzi was twenty seventeen, and I think he had the ship with you. He had a ship with gun Play out. He's got a bunch of collap album.
Speaker 2: That's that's my little brother for real, for real, Like he's the best our relationship is. It ain't really about the music for sure. And then you know, I'm just a big bro to hus. So we were talking about the last ninety See, I'm probably one of the only people that put press on them when it's time the work because I'm a I'm a monster.
Speaker 3: And he's like one of the coldest rappers period.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know that that's the man. But yeah, we got the movie. We still got another album. That album, I still got a I still have an album sitting up that never released with Thug. I have one sitting up with Conway, one with Dave East who else just sitting on a hard drive. You and Conway have a whole album. Yeah, and this ship jam no super What are you waiting for? The thing is I make times music. You don't gotta come out today, It'll come out and still shake some shit up.
Speaker 3: Have you talked to Thug or had any communication with him since he's been away?
Speaker 2: You know, I've been to court. I just want to visit him, probably less than a month or two ago.
Speaker 3: How's he doing?
Speaker 2: You're good man. I think that the main thing is keeping faith, but just going through the process. The process is the hard part, bro, because even with me in life right now, right nobody wants to go through the process because that's the most frustrating and that's what's building us for growth for whatever is about to come for us. Right But spirit wise, yeah, he was.
Speaker 3: He was cool'd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was chilling. Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 3: You know, I think people don't understand. It's I think some people are thinking it's a federal reco it's a state reco.
Speaker 2: Yeh's a state you know. It's still it's just disappoint serious, yeah, serious, It just disappointing because I know his heart. I know him for real, for real, like I know he only tried to help everybody, you know what I'm saying. And but in life that's what a lot of us get, the ones who tend to try and help a lot you know, intended backfire backfire owners at times.
Speaker 1: But I feel the gonna be all right man. And you know the other thing is.
Speaker 2: It's a blessing at the same time because now, guess what, God been exposed things and people who shouldn't have been around you. So now when he comes home, it's strictly focused on your family, your kids, and those who really fuck with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seems like almost everybody folded around him, unfortunately a lot of people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just feel like, you know, it's not my situation to speak on for sure.
Speaker 1: More I'm gonna roll whatever he rolling with.
Speaker 2: But definitely it hurt to see him just have to just sit there and everybody else just doing what they do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's what I always say about that. The situation obviously is until I hear how Thug feels about, you know, certain things.
Speaker 2: That's you know, that's that's ultimately gonna be it. He's gonna have the final say so with that, you know, right, So yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, man, go get the album when it drops Friday. This will come out probably next Wednesday, So a couple of days from now the album be out go support it and yeah, man, you always got something cooking. Yeah, I'm up to something man, always. Yeah, there it is trade the truth. Appreciate you ready, Yes, sir, fire, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: Want to shout out to our family a hard Dean for presenting to you another interview. All right, there's another interview coming tomorrow on the next day. In the next day, shout out to Hardeen though. If you're in Las Vegas, man, the number one dispensary in the world. They are our family, they are our brothers. There are fucking dogs over there, man, We love them. They always are taking care of us and they'll take care of you if you go to Hardean in Vegas. Let's say you're landing in Vegas. You're gonna go watch the Raiders, You're gonna go watch a Vegas show. Whatever. Get in that TAXI tell them straight up, take me to Hardean. When you get to Hardean, they will get you hooked up with the craziest just variety and selection of premium cannabis on the planet. And if you tell them you heard about us on the on the Bootleg cap show you say, hey, Hardean, I heard about y'all on the Bootleg Cap podcast. They're gonna take care of y'all, all right, So go follow them Hardan Underscore Las Vegas on all social media and check them out. Hardean Las Vegas dot com. What's up, Harden