Speaker 1: From Hollywood to you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to.
Speaker 1: Air on Air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 3: What kissam, Good morning, It's time to get Tuesday started.
Speaker 1: Yeah, baby, I am not.
Speaker 3: A human being with any type of thinking, brain skills or personality before I sip my first cup of coffee, so I understand, don't ask me anything. I'm lucky I've lived alone for so many years because you cannot get a good response out of me before I have coffee.
Speaker 1: No TALKI before coffee.
Speaker 2: You're lucky. I drink it before I see you too.
Speaker 1: I'm so lucky.
Speaker 4: You said lived alone for so many years, So does that mean you're not living alone currently?
Speaker 1: Wow? Good catch, Tanya, Wow the sleuth.
Speaker 4: I have had my coffee.
Speaker 3: Let's just say I was on the other side of the bed last night. Is it me that was the furthest side from the bathroom?
Speaker 2: It didn't. I didn't say who or if on the other side.
Speaker 1: Why are you on the other side?
Speaker 2: That's another question.
Speaker 1: You only get one per month. That was her question. This is my first question. You guys work as a team and you ask you questions.
Speaker 3: You team up as a team. You get to ask as a team. No, I was on the other side.
Speaker 1: Why I just fell asleep there.
Speaker 4: Because somebody was on the other side.
Speaker 3: I didn't say that. See, now you're actually fibbing. Now you're making things up. Yeah, anyway, here we are, first day of school now l a USD not even back. Well I shouldn't even say not even back. They're not back. Nobody should be back this week. They're back tomorrow, but no one should be back this week. I'm protesting William's Heart School District Santa crudis back to It is weird.
Speaker 2: It's like, I got it.
Speaker 3: You want to be excited for your first day of school, but can you get amped up when you start on a Tuesday, August eleventh.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't be It should be after Labor Day period.
Speaker 2: I I agree with that. I I agree with that. Yes, I'm waiting now. I don't think you have to be so on it today if you're going back to school.
Speaker 5: That's how it was for us. Don't you remember, lassume I always start after.
Speaker 4: Labor Day September.
Speaker 2: Well that we never started that late.
Speaker 3: We always started mid August in Georgia and we'd be back to football practice in July. So you have like two weeks off summer in June. When is USC our internet? It goes to USC? When does the USC start?
Speaker 1: I started two weeks is that early?
Speaker 4: I used to.
Speaker 6: Start mid August, so that's pretty late for me.
Speaker 2: Wow, I wish everybody started after Labor Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I should protest, but we can't.
Speaker 3: I know there must be a reason. Los Alamitos is back tomorrow. Lausd Today, we got heat. My shorts get shorter.
Speaker 1: They just get yo daddy shorts.
Speaker 2: That's what I got. That's what I'm wearing. I'm wearing. I'm proud wear.
Speaker 1: I'm proud. They look great.
Speaker 2: You like it?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 2: How do you see them so easily?
Speaker 1: You're right next to me.
Speaker 4: When I stood up, I didn't see them.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to kick up my leg right now to be strange to kick up my.
Speaker 5: Leg, But he's gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Wow, hanging out with Ronnie too much?
Speaker 1: I mean it might be shorter than his.
Speaker 3: No, Ronnie doesn't even have a You know when you go to pick out curtains and they show you a swatch, Yes, that's what Ronnie wears.
Speaker 1: He wears a swatch.
Speaker 2: He does not even a carpet square, a literal swatch.
Speaker 1: You picking out curtains.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, when you picked up he wears the size of a paint sample around his waist and his chest.
Speaker 4: It was an excellent comparison.
Speaker 2: Thank you. My job is to illustrate points being in an audio medium.
Speaker 1: That is my job. It really is.
Speaker 2: All right, kids, we gotta go kiss F. Taylor, switch on kiss F.
Speaker 3: It's Ryan's Secrets with you, Siciny and Tanya. We had a little break last week, which was nice to get away. I was reading more young Americans are traveling abroad than ever before. They are deciding not to have kids and not to buy houses. Yeah, they just want to go for the experience. And you're nodding your head in turn, I am.
Speaker 6: I went to London for the first time over spring break.
Speaker 3: And you found that your friends fellow students are spending cash on experience versus stuff.
Speaker 6: Oh definitely, how was it?
Speaker 4: It was awesome.
Speaker 6: That was my first time abroad, so that was amazing, and I did spend a lot there.
Speaker 3: I have a very bad problem when I travel to other places. I speak English with an accent sometimes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do that.
Speaker 2: Why do you do that?
Speaker 3: You speak broken English as people speak broken English to me, and I speak it back.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: And I don't know. I didn't even know I'm doing it.
Speaker 3: And so when I go over there, I'll say things like, ah, having a bit of it, get together tonight, a bit of one.
Speaker 2: Quite, I'm quite happy.
Speaker 1: So bizarre.
Speaker 2: Was there any word that you heard that stood out to you when you were there?
Speaker 6: Definitely cheers, like they say cheers after everything.
Speaker 1: Mind your gap?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the what?
Speaker 1: Mind the gap?
Speaker 2: Mind the gap?
Speaker 1: Yes, the subway or like the.
Speaker 2: Mind the gap.
Speaker 3: Mind the gaps, so much more pleasant than watch out for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, that's just prettier, right.
Speaker 1: The lo the Lou.
Speaker 3: I know, if I ask where the Lou is here, people will laugh at me.
Speaker 1: Elevators are the lift?
Speaker 2: The lift?
Speaker 3: I know, the car park, not the exactly the the flat?
Speaker 2: To me, the flat is a coffee. Could I have a Flat's that thing?
Speaker 1: A flop?
Speaker 6: Flat?
Speaker 1: White?
Speaker 3: Flat?
Speaker 1: White?
Speaker 3: People say you're right, you're right, And.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what do I look sick because they say it you're right.
Speaker 3: You know, when we say are you all right, it's like, my gosh, we recognize something looks disastrous.
Speaker 2: That's just how do you know?
Speaker 5: I have a British best friend and she and there's no way I would speak it back to her like this.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I do.
Speaker 3: Like I have a friend that calls me dolling and I call him darling and.
Speaker 4: You call us darling.
Speaker 1: No, he doesn't.
Speaker 3: I've never called you dolling. When have I ever said darling? You've never said it to you, never said it. I've never said come on, guys, you I never said it. Don't say it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you say it like as a joke.
Speaker 1: Never make back to the archive. Please it.
Speaker 4: Maybe it wasn't on the air.
Speaker 2: Okay, making things up? Only one?
Speaker 4: Come on, somebody you're feel like he has a dollar?
Speaker 1: Thank you something? Yes to whom? Now Mikayla just always comes in and defense Kanya, there's.
Speaker 2: No I'll tell you what you're doing. That's about that's about the truth. We need to take a break.
Speaker 1: See what your trip to.
Speaker 2: London is done to us? And now people don't like us. Now people have switched the station. Maybe and I've never said that.
Speaker 3: Rada, my friend Roda calls me darling and so I type back darling damn And I call him love.
Speaker 1: People call you love, people call you love.
Speaker 7: You send that ever.
Speaker 1: Are you doing all right?
Speaker 2: I love I love.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to watch that Ricky Gervais show about death.
Speaker 1: But Mark's intrigue tone.
Speaker 2: What's that? What's it's called after life? After life? I'm Ricky, I'm watching you tonight.
Speaker 4: Is that out?
Speaker 2: It's been out for ten years? It's wonderful.
Speaker 1: We have no clue what you're there.
Speaker 2: I was just saying about that. But remember this conversation you.
Speaker 1: Need to start.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, I'm my armpits are sweating. It's so fun. It's case.
Speaker 3: We were just reminiscing that week yesterday, not with each other, meaning a week off, which was something that I felt guilty doing for so many years, was ever going away from war?
Speaker 2: I didn't even take vacation for so many years.
Speaker 3: I do not care that guilty these days, but I used to carry the guilt when I go away. Matter of fact, I meant to tell you Tunny, you wanted to share something about your travels.
Speaker 1: Don't let me forget that.
Speaker 2: I got it. I needed. I just wanted something else.
Speaker 3: To believe in. I needed some goodness to believe in. So I got into and started studying astrology.
Speaker 4: Did you manifest during the Lionsgate portal this weekend.
Speaker 2: Could you say that in English?
Speaker 1: Do you see how that doesn't really make sense? I did not do that, but I did get an app.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, the circle, the pattern.
Speaker 2: I guess all the I'm trying to find it in my apps. It's on the back.
Speaker 3: It's called uh Coast stars Star.
Speaker 2: Do it tells me?
Speaker 3: For example, you want a reading of my co star, let me give you yesterdays because I haven't read my today's yet. Yesterday's was come up with guidelines for how you each want to be treated.
Speaker 4: Each who's the other astrological?
Speaker 1: This is giving a.
Speaker 4: Woman in your life told you about her sign and your sign, and now you downloaded an app.
Speaker 3: You have been the reliable one for so long that people expect miracles out of you.
Speaker 2: Stop performing.
Speaker 3: Write down what acceptable treatment looks like, then enforce it without apology.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 3: Do transparency, do regroup, do fallback plans? Don't middle managers, don't take it personally, don't terms of condition.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I learned a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they very direct.
Speaker 2: It's exciting, Tanya. What you want to tell us about your flight?
Speaker 4: No, I wanted to see if any of you were like this as well, because I noticed it on my flight when the fight attendants give their whole like you know, this is where the air masks go, this is where you and nobody pays attention to them, and I feel so bad eye contact making eye contact, I'm smiling, I'm laughing, and like Robbie was looking at me, like what are you putting?
Speaker 2: I have a show, and I.
Speaker 4: Just feel bad because nobody's showing them any attention.
Speaker 2: An agree, it's so sad. I agree.
Speaker 3: I do the same thing when you're in a restaurant or a bar or a lobby and there's some instrument player there and there they stop and nobody claps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I start the clap.
Speaker 3: I feel so bad when people are talking, when you have bar singers or or lobby singers.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then and then when they stop the even singing singers, and when they stop the song, nobody claps, and.
Speaker 3: So I go like, I have one ear, not on the conversation I'm having, I have other ear on the song.
Speaker 1: I'm like, song's over. You have to I didn't they even.
Speaker 4: Go to the emergency people and say are you you know, they need like verbal confirmation from them, and some people have their headphones and they're not even listening nobody.
Speaker 2: You sad you might have overperformed for their performance.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you were like doing to it though we have a let's make a note of the passenger in twenty seven m. It's a bit too entertained by us. It could be a problem in flank we continue coming up next. I've always wanted to talk on it though, I've always wanted to ask me too talk it.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you could if you like wanted to propose or something, because that's what he wants to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how I wanted to do it.
Speaker 3: I want to to talk in the flight a tenant speaker to propose.
Speaker 2: There is I got it. Next, today's quote of the day. Let's kiss up.
Speaker 3: Let me get to the quote of the day here in a second. Also, this is interesting. I read this. It came into my feed and it says experts say that doing this is healthy for your brain and for your body. It reduces stress, it boosts your mood. And it's not exercise. It's hosting a dinner party. Oh.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: Spending time with others strengthen relationships while planning, cooking, and hosting keeps your brain active. Love that even potluck is acceptable. Yeah, I like pop I like pot luck. It was exciting to see what comes in that orange Castle dash.
Speaker 4: Do you guys want to come over for Taco Tuesday?
Speaker 2: Could it not be on a Tuesday day?
Speaker 1: I can't today?
Speaker 3: I mean, can you make taco Tuesday or Friday? So hard for us on a Tuesday, Like, no one has time for taco Tuesday. Really today's quote you can hear someone's childhood in the way they apologize. Interesting, you can hear some of childhood in the way they do a lot of things. Actually, let's have Fahata Friday, not Taco Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 3: After seven o'clock. We had a second dates update. If you're out there dating, wait to hear this situation. Sicany has the headlines FM headlines with well.
Speaker 5: Rescue crews are working around the clock in Columbia after that seven point four earthquake that destroyed buildings and left thousands of people missing. Metrolink is suspending Orange County line service between lagu and Negal and Mission Viva and Ocean Side due to tides and surf. July was officially the hottest month ever in the US dating back to eighteen ninety five when temperatures were first recorded and the Backstree Boys announced additional shows at the Sphere in Vegas on New Year's Even, New Year's Day and January.
Speaker 3: Second one A two point seven ppm. All right, we have a second date update coming up. If you are dating, or you're thinking about it, or you're bummed about it, you gotta hear this.
Speaker 2: In a few minutes. Tanya has a training report.
Speaker 4: Yes, and this is about Rihanna and asap Rocky. And so Rihanna officially is a billionaire. She hit that status back in twenty twenty one, mostly thanks to Fenti Beauty and her fashion empire. So she and asap Rocky have three kids together, and he's also doing great for himself too, but he's nowhere near her level. And in this new interview, he was asked why he seems so confident despite everybody comparing his success to hers, and his answer is going viral. He said, my woman's got billions. Her success is never mi demise. Her success isn't mine at all, and then he went on to say nothing anybody could say to him is going to make him feel insecure about his woman. Being successful. People also pointing out that this is somewhat of a trend in Hollywood right now, comparing him to Tom Holland hyping up Zendeia, Travis Kelcey being called second fiddle to Taylor Swift. And I kind of feel like this double standard is slowly shifting, because I do think for a long time, men felt very insecure or weird if their partner, girlfriend, wife made more than they did. And I feel like that is slowly starting to shift.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: It's great, it's so great.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's great, they're in a relationship. He obviously he's happy. I mean there's enough, there is enough light to go around that if somebody else gets some light doesn't dim yours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I mean obviously, like take their billionaires, take all that out of it. This is a dynamic that happens in a lot of just like relationships. Like I have friends that are career women, career focused, and and sometimes when they date, if they're dating guys that aren't in that not same level, but maybe guys that don't even have like they're stuff together stuff together, they find it very intimidating and they don't want to date them anymore. It's like so crazy that this is still a thing.
Speaker 3: Remarkable success on that side, But the equation, if you distill it down, yeah, I mean, jealousy, envy all not good for relationship. You want to celebrate your partner's successes and not have that focus on your I mean, if someone else's success doesn't mean that you have a loss, right right? I agree, I'm I'm I advocate. I'm always very happy when you're on TV. Tanya, thank you, because she early on She's like, I'm gonna be on E.
Speaker 2: Do you support that? I'm like, yeah, of course I support that.
Speaker 4: Remember, yeah, but we're not in a relationship.
Speaker 3: We are not procre Did you not come to me and say would you support me working for all these other places?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: I did, so keep doing it.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Coming up next five in row was back to School Cash in one minute. We are not astop rocking Rihanna one O two point seven Kiss FM. Now let's get to the second date update, so check it out. Tanya Isaac's on the phone says, we met at a speed dating event and I was super intrigued by her. She asked really deep, meaningful questions. I thought we were totally connected. But then I guess you have to circle yes or no in the speed date moment. She didn't circle yes on me, and I want to know why.
Speaker 2: So Isaac, Hey, how's it going? Hey man, it's going all right?
Speaker 3: Now, tell me about the speed dating and the things that this woman connected with you about. And then she circled not yes. Right, But isn't the point of the speed date to quickly rule people out. She's ruled you out and moved on.
Speaker 8: Well, right, And I mean, don't get me wrong, I've done a few of these speeding dating events before, but I've never ever connected with a woman like I did with Mariah. I mean, so, the way it works is you get eight minutes with each.
Speaker 2: Person and then on your card.
Speaker 8: You circle yes or no, and if you both circle yes, you get the follow up email letting you know and you can reach out to one another. And I even made a comment to her at the end of our time together. I told her, you know, I can't wait to see you again, and Mariah said me too, uh, and then nothing, So like I'm wondering what happened.
Speaker 2: I got you. I like you, don't you like him?
Speaker 8: I'm good, thank you, I appreciate that yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm like a good guy.
Speaker 1: I hope I did, but I'm wondering, like, did was she faking it? And why was she faking one? Faking the connection? Just being nice?
Speaker 3: All right? Well, hold on, Isaac, we're gonna get her on the phone next and find out what the dealer she's agreed to. Come on first, I kiss FM. Now time for a second date update. So we met, Isaac. He met Mariah speed dating. He said they had a good connection. He felt it like someone was there.
Speaker 2: And then she didn't.
Speaker 3: Circle yes like you circle yes if you want to go out with the person, and she didn't do that. But after what he seemed to think was a great connection, meaningful conversation, good questions, very healthy banter and dialogue.
Speaker 1: So why did she say no?
Speaker 2: That's what we want to find out.
Speaker 1: Maybe she had a better connection with someone else.
Speaker 3: So Isaac, we are going to get Mariah now and put her on the phone to be very quiet.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Thank you, guys, Mariah, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning, How you doing, how are you We're good?
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: My name is Ryan Seacrestisney Tani here as well on the air. We're just calling about your speed dating occasion.
Speaker 2: How was that?
Speaker 9: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: I am, how was it? Do you recommend it?
Speaker 9: Maybe not even not this this girl around I would.
Speaker 3: Say no, So why not? I've always been curious about it myself.
Speaker 9: I just didn't really have a good experience with with one of the guys I met.
Speaker 2: What went wrong?
Speaker 3: It's speed dating, so I mean, your experience is short lived and you just move on, right.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 9: Well, I circled no on this guy, and at first I had circled yes. But I heard him talking to the girl after me, and he's the exact same lines, the exact same jokes, even the same compliments. So yeah, I mean I really liked him.
Speaker 3: I I has been disingenuous exactly.
Speaker 9: I mean not even just coming off as phony, but I just feel like he fully is phony and I saw right through him, and I completely changed my.
Speaker 2: Vote to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 3: It is speed dating, after all, so you might have your sort of like template things that you say and do and ask about in a speed date.
Speaker 9: Right, Yeah, I mean, but I mean he was saying the same exact jokes, and you know, and I asked him a question of like, what's a small like weird core memory from your childhood that you feel like shapes you know the world you're in now. And he completely used my question that I asked him on the next girl.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's a compliment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I don't like it either.
Speaker 3: Well, let's get him on the line here, bring him up. Isaac is on the phone, Mariah, Isaac. She accuses you of being inauthentic. And I heard the word phony. What do you say to that?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I feel like the one the questions you gave me were great questions than they really you know, ere evocative and get people talking about real stuff instead of talking about the weather. So I just took a great idea. I mean, I feel like imitation is a sincereus form of flattery, right, Like everyone has their go to jokes when meeting someone new.
Speaker 2: Do you have a go to joke? Now? Uh?
Speaker 8: You know, I have a couple. I'm not sure if I can get away with saying I'm on the radio, but they're like a little cheeky okay, but.
Speaker 2: He used the word cheeky. I like it.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm getting phony vibes too.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it wasn't getting performat.
Speaker 1: That's what it is. Performative.
Speaker 3: Yes, so, Isaac, I guess the thing is, and I'm guilty of performative performance.
Speaker 2: I I can be.
Speaker 3: Like like, I sound like I'm on the air too on sometimes I didn't say that, actually that.
Speaker 2: I didn't say anything like that.
Speaker 1: Performative is being on.
Speaker 2: Didn't say it like that.
Speaker 3: Performative sounds a lot more graceful than being on too much all the time.
Speaker 1: I like, I'm guilty of the same exact thing.
Speaker 2: I just sound like I'm on the air.
Speaker 3: When you go out with me and I ask questions, it's literally like goodyear on because I'm interested.
Speaker 4: It's called engaging, no because you're impatient.
Speaker 3: WHOA, Now we've taken a further step away from the truth.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh, Isaac, back to you and Mariah.
Speaker 2: Do you understand that she felt like you were being.
Speaker 3: A little disingenuous and not so specifically tailored and authentic for her.
Speaker 8: I mean you're right where I, like I said, I've been in a couple of these speeding getting scenarios before, so I do have like kind of like my my set that you know, lead these questions that I like to tick off that hopefully get the conversation going yes, but I feel like it's just I mean, for me, it's more honest and not performative. But I can understand how it comes off that way, and I apologize for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just referred to it as a set.
Speaker 8: Listen, it's just these, you know, routine questions.
Speaker 3: Mariah, Do you accept any of this because I feel like he's being authentic now, I really.
Speaker 9: Just don't because it wasn't just like the using my questions and using the same jokes. But when I sat down, he said, oh my gosh, you just took my breath away, and I just melted and I thought that was so sweet. And then the next girl sat down and I heard him say the exact thing of oh my gosh, you took my breath away.
Speaker 2: Am I come on, dude, rock Okay, then this is not meant to be.
Speaker 3: So I don't think you're wrong, Isaac, but maybe be aware of how it's coming across a little too glossy. And Mariah, thank you for your transparency and your clear conclusion that this is not the right guy for you. Best of luck to both of you. I think you're great catches.
Speaker 6: In the.
Speaker 2: Five minutes seconds we've been talking.
Speaker 8: All right, I and I appreciate the fact that I have Ryan Seacrest on my side. I'll say that at the next event.
Speaker 2: You get wing wing wing ze bo. I'm alurt, thank.
Speaker 9: You, thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to say that I have not gone to chat before to ask what are great first eight questions? That's okay, that's fine.
Speaker 2: I'm on.
Speaker 10: Patient on ad because you don't like dead air silent. Keep telling me what I don't like on a date. You don't know me by now. If you don't know kiss Bruno Mars, it's on Kiss f M. I got something very exciting and very cool that I'm doing for the Ryan Seacrest Foundation. And you know the toy put the media centers in pediatric hospitals around the country. There's one here in Orange County, is one in New York and all over the country. But you listen to podcast and say to yourself, I could do that. If you think you could do that, we are looking for a top host. It's a search for a new podcaster. I'm calling the search top host.
Speaker 2: How cool?
Speaker 3: You could win twenty five thousand dollars WHOA and you get your own iHeartRadio podcasts and all the proceeds go to the Ryan Secret Foundation.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Register at top hoost dot org, top hoost dot org twenty five k and your own podcast and it's all for the Foundation of Pediatric Hospitals. And then you'll come on. We'll meet you here too. You'll come on as a guest here it's kiss.
Speaker 2: Off on air with Ryan Seacrest Kiss FM.
Speaker 3: What is the best first date night dinner to make if you invited a date over to your place for dinner?
Speaker 2: Mikayla, I thought this was you. Who is it?
Speaker 11: It's for my roommates. She's been seeing this guy for like three months and she's like, I want to invite him over and make him dinner, but I don't know what to make.
Speaker 2: Cute, right it is? I love it so much? Is the perfect state, So I would suggest.
Speaker 1: Italian, thinking that too.
Speaker 2: It's the food of romance, right right, romantic.
Speaker 1: Lady in the tramp spaghetti cute Italia.
Speaker 4: I have the best suggestion.
Speaker 2: At least you're confident.
Speaker 4: Engagement Chicken, that's too full.
Speaker 2: We have to call the protein engagement.
Speaker 4: It's like a thing. It's a thing online. It's called engagement.
Speaker 5: Usually you do that, Yeah, and then he's like, oh, what kind of chicken is engagement chickens?
Speaker 4: Engaged lemon garlic chicken. You don't call it that, but apparently this like chicken works. If you make it for your guy, he.
Speaker 1: Will practical magic. So it's rosemary herbed garlic chicken.
Speaker 4: It's like a digital, it's like a it's like a mustardy.
Speaker 1: Years ago.
Speaker 2: I think chicken is risky because.
Speaker 1: You could undercook it.
Speaker 2: No, no, you overcook it.
Speaker 3: It gets dried because you need to prepare it ahead of time, and then it sits like you can't cook the chicken.
Speaker 4: Come in with the lemon garlic sauce and you.
Speaker 3: Dry chicken garlic And she's right, you don't want a garlikey even in the tomato. Even the poladoro sauce are gonna make for the spaghetti, right, you don't want it garlicky?
Speaker 2: What did you guys? Narrow it down to Mikaela.
Speaker 11: So we had something Italian or a steak, sahitas or tacos like that's fun.
Speaker 2: I think build yourta is fun.
Speaker 5: Huh f a bar, but don't overcooked the chicken.
Speaker 1: She can make stake, but what if he that might be heavy but that's kind of impressive. Like the girl makes you steak, I still can't master a steak.
Speaker 3: I'm I agree, that's very attractive. You know what I'm going to do, barbecue you steak water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she makes a good steak exactly.
Speaker 3: There you go in the backyard.
Speaker 1: You got some wine.
Speaker 3: That's the answer. You just discovered it. Make what you make best perfect, Just make what you make best, yeah, true steak fahitas.
Speaker 2: It is build your own Yes, I love that. And she could do a little flag yeah, and.
Speaker 1: She can breath. Everything can be already pre made except for the steak. And that's the only thing she has to do. Why are you fla.
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: You know, like.
Speaker 2: Flag? He tells you what it is, es, what's her name?
Speaker 1: Everyone knows what cheese looks.
Speaker 3: Like Monterey Jack cheese. And then put Jessica souls him, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Right, and then what's your mom's name?
Speaker 11: Her mom name is Peggy.
Speaker 2: Peggy's guakam ala. I tell you, guys, this is charming.
Speaker 3: You laugh now, but watch it's better than engagement chicken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is actually, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: A family tree flag descriptor of all of the condiments and sides is way more engaged more than chicken.
Speaker 1: Do nothostak like.
Speaker 2: Labels? Why don't point seven kiss FM?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 3: Red light cameras, speed cameras, now the flock camera. Have you heard about the flock camera? They're up and where Costa Mason.
Speaker 1: They're all over southern California.
Speaker 2: They're still in l A.
Speaker 1: Yep, there's some in LA as well, LA and.
Speaker 2: Orange flock cameras.
Speaker 3: The thing is, they're not speed ticket cameras or red light cameras. They're AI cameras that do more. What are they doing.
Speaker 5: They're capturing your license plate along with details about your car. So they're claiming that this information goes into a searchable database that law enforcement can then later use to help find stolen cars, suspects, missing people. They're saying it's all great and good. People are saying like whoa, whoa, whoa, Like what are you actually.
Speaker 1: What is this data?
Speaker 5: And why are you getting so much of my information with these flock cameras. And it's very controversial in Coast to Mesa, which has forty six of them, by the way, who I know the residents have been showing up at city hall demanding that they come down.
Speaker 1: They're really mad about this.
Speaker 5: There was even a case where former Coast Tomasa police officer used flock data to track his wife and his ex girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Well that was misuse of the that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But like, that's the reputation that these flock cameras now have. And you tell people are up in arms, Well they're operating here in LA and LAPD recently stopped its regular access to flock data while it negotiates new privacy standards. So yes, they're like, this is not safe in general.
Speaker 3: So here is the thing I'm thinking. It doesn't show your face, It just shows your car and your license. I think, as far as we know, the question is, all right, where does all this data end up? It doesn't end up in the wrong places or for the wrong use, right if it gets leaked where people are using it for the wrong reasons. It's a lot of detailed data. There's god. But then the crime solver part of it is great, you have a missing person, boom, your car gets stolen. That camera can tell you passed the intersection three minutes ago. Yeah, you're onto something. So there's got to be a happy meaning. There's got to be an intersection of use for crime and also contained quote surveillance right.
Speaker 1: Not searching for extrains.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there got to be some constraint on the surveillance component. But the upside is great.
Speaker 5: I find it fascinating and I actually want to know where all these cameras are. And there is a website that you can check it out. It's called d flock.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna watch you drive home tonight.
Speaker 5: Then well we'll find out where they're at.
Speaker 3: Are you ready to win some Universal Studios tickets? I got Rosa on the line in La.
Speaker 2: Good morning at Rosa, Good morning, Ryan.
Speaker 3: Are you ready to play check Out Challenge Back to School Edition?
Speaker 1: Please scan your first AEM.
Speaker 2: Back to School Edition?
Speaker 3: Alright, it's simple. I'll give you two back to school items. Do you tell me which one costs more? Are you ready?
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 3: We're using the prices at the Target in mid City on the brand San Discente as our baseline. You gotta get three right before you get three wrong, which costs more? A fifteen pack of crystal extra ballpoint pens with different colors of ink, or a two pack of washable school glue sticks.
Speaker 4: The pins one.
Speaker 3: Ninety nine, No, the washables one ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Oh, depends is correct?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: What is the question?
Speaker 1: Which costs?
Speaker 2: You're right? What'd you say?
Speaker 9: I said the pins?
Speaker 2: Yes you are correct? Depends ye? Allright?
Speaker 9: Number two?
Speaker 2: Number two?
Speaker 8: I love it.
Speaker 1: The glatics are cheap.
Speaker 3: Which one of these costs more? A bottle of big white out or eighteen wooden pencils?
Speaker 7: Ummm the white out?
Speaker 4: No, eighteen pencils is a lot.
Speaker 2: It's almost three sixty nine.
Speaker 3: I think they know you need pencils, so they mark them up up like you have to get pencils, you have to get hit. I mean maybe it's on your list. But okay, So next one? Which one costs more? A three pack of pink pencil erasers or one hundred page Minions notebook, which costs.
Speaker 9: More the Minion's notebook.
Speaker 2: Yes nine, you got it for the win, which costs more.
Speaker 3: A pack of get Ready Math flash cards or two hundred and eighty paper clips in.
Speaker 2: A Mason jar.
Speaker 7: The Mason jar.
Speaker 3: Yes you're correct, two hundred and eighty paper clips in a Mason jar four ninety nine, No, you're wrong, A pack of get Ready Math flash cards six ninety nine, the paper clips and a Mason jar four ninety nine.
Speaker 2: We go to the last question, the final one for the win.
Speaker 3: A bluey piggy backing Bingos sixteen inch backpack.
Speaker 2: You say that fast?
Speaker 3: Or sixty four ultra clean washable Creola crayons the backpack, which costs more?
Speaker 2: The backpack? You win, Hulers the studios tickets.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, Thank you. You believe I had to say blue piggybacking Bingos sixteen inch back back today and you got it.
Speaker 4: That is tough? Is that just like a ton twister?
Speaker 1: There you have it.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening and we appreciate you. Have a great day in La Rosa.
Speaker 9: Thank you, Thank you, Ryan, Thank you everyone.
Speaker 3: You're on air with a Ryan Seacrest Sabrina Carpenter on one O two point seven. It's Kiss FM. Five hundred bucks back to school cash for you to win. Here. In a second, Jamie's on the phone, Jamie and Glendale says her brother told her his six year girlfriend is not the one.
Speaker 2: Should Jamie tell the girlfriend Jamie?
Speaker 9: Good morning, Good morning, Ryan, Who are you?
Speaker 3: I am intrigued by this situation. Why did he tell you that?
Speaker 7: Or really close? I mean we grew up together, our parents got divorced, so we were just super close growing up, and I know he trusts me, and that's the problem. I don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: Well, let me ask you, what advice did you give him about it?
Speaker 7: I told him, if he loved her, which he says he does, to just just like take a deep breast and let things play out, you know what I mean, Like he didn't have to make a decision now. But also, if he loves her, he shouldn't want to like just let the clock run out and let her and the relationship out of respect for her, Like that's not the nice thing to do. So I just said, she deserves to know how he's feeling. But if he loves her, like, he doesn't have to make some sort of rash decision. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's hard.
Speaker 1: It's hard.
Speaker 3: So is it the other person's desire right or plan to take it further?
Speaker 1: Do we know for fact that that's clear?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: For sure?
Speaker 7: She gave him an AULTI medium she said, you know, if we get to seven years and I don't have a ring, then I'm done.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, oh okay. I never think that's quite the way to handle it.
Speaker 7: FYI, No, I agree, I agree with that. She's a feisty girl. She's a little saffy, and I think she meant it, you know, in a joking way.
Speaker 1: But six years, yeah, Michael, been after four years?
Speaker 2: Yes, so not the way to go. I can't advise.
Speaker 1: It wasn't really that. It's just more like it would be nice if we were engaged.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that was a real nice tone. I kind of Jesus.
Speaker 4: I can't hate on her for that.
Speaker 2: Uh here's the thing.
Speaker 3: I don't think you need to do anything but guide your brother with your opinion and advice. I do not think that you get involved and share this information. He trusts you. He needs to handle it himself, but you can certainly counsel him on the best way in your view to handle it.
Speaker 9: That makes sense, That makes sense, the.
Speaker 5: Only way to set her free if he's not gonna go further.
Speaker 2: It's selfish.
Speaker 7: I can be loyal to him, but I don't have to like insert myself into his business.
Speaker 2: You sh that's a big mistake.
Speaker 7: I just hate it because she doesn't deserve this either. But no, I agree to.
Speaker 2: Push him to make exactly push him to do it.
Speaker 7: I know, I know, Okay, you know how I will thank you right, and I love you so much and I love listening to you both on the radio.
Speaker 3: So thank you, thank you, Jamie, take your kid. I love the relationships like me and my sister, we're that tight. But she can't get involved, Jamie, you cannot.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Jordan is here six' ten this.
Speaker 1: Morning it's good to see you walk. In thank. You we made.
Speaker 2: It six o'clock is when the show.
Speaker 3: Starts, Okay so what is this new pet peeve that's driving you?
Speaker 2: Crazy and is this the guy from the coffee shop that's doing?
Speaker 1: It, no it's. Not but whistling is my new biggest pet peeve right.
Speaker 2: Now it aggravates you and people. Whistle it's like.
Speaker 12: Not the whistling to a song kind of. Thing it's just like if you're obnoxiously doing it out of.
Speaker 1: Plucket. OH i don't mind whistling if it's. Good. Yeah and bad whistler.
Speaker 9: Eh.
Speaker 12: Yes and this guy THAT i dealt with at my other, Job Jersey, MIC's he triggered me so bad and it's now my biggest pet peeve in the whole.
Speaker 3: World, interesting this whole thing BECAUSE i have noticed THAT i will irregularly but at times whistle and WHEN i, do it indicates a good. Mood, yeah like you're, happy it doesn't. Happen you can't whistle if you're, upset doesn't. Work, Yeah so part of me, thinks oh, great that person's, happy happiness.
Speaker 2: Exists and then.
Speaker 3: The other part of it is is it a deal break in a, relationship because it could be very annoying when someone's always whistling every time they walk into the, kitchen they're whistling during the, car they're. Whistling every time there's any dead, air they. Whistle it's too. Much SO i could go both.
Speaker 2: Ways on this.
Speaker 12: One it was just off key and it was very, loud and, LIKE i took this guy's, order it's, great cashed him, out had a good. Conversation then all of a, sudden like that's just all he's doing and he's like the only person in the, store AND i wanted to kick him, out, honestly BUT i. Couldn't, wait this is a coworker or a. Customer, no the. Customer so it was like only there for maybe five, minutes AND i did not appreciate.
Speaker 2: The customers got a shout at the short points you get the free.
Speaker 1: Cookie, Right, no not for. Me that, day not for.
Speaker 3: Me oh so you don't whistle if you see join The Jersey, mike you don't get the points for the.
Speaker 5: COOKIE i Ordered Jersey mikes this past weekend with the, family and they messed up my.
Speaker 1: Order, no how do you hold?
Speaker 2: Onions it was for.
Speaker 1: The, Kids, YES i hold the. Onions what's it they mess up while we're?
Speaker 5: Here it was very, simple like turkey and provolone sandwich with just, mayo and that was. It and we were two of them and they sent one correct and they sent another One mike's. Way we had like divie between the.
Speaker 2: Kid doesn't Want mike's. Way everybody Wants.
Speaker 1: Mikes you can kids don't want.
Speaker 2: Kids they do adapt to all this.
Speaker 5: Stuff, NO i mean they do it if it's like in a, pasta but not on a.
Speaker 3: Sandwich what do you do if you have a wrong sandwich At Jersey mike's what's the policy.
Speaker 12: If it's like genuinely our fault and they come in with like a grousi or genuine like reason what we messed?
Speaker 3: Up well that didn't sound so genuine to, me to be honest with, you SO i would well that is gonna wrap it. Up kiss a fan for. Us we're back, tomorrow first thing in the morning and with more back to school. Cash and do you get ants in your?
Speaker 2: Pants we.
Speaker 3: Do i'm in the back.
Speaker 1: ROOM i have ants right now in my. KITCHEN i don't know WHY i ants in the.
Speaker 2: Back room on the fifth. Floor one thing We'll i'll say we should never do. TOMORROW i have a good little Kiss. Jesus thanks for listening so On air With Ryan. Seacrest make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again. Tomorrow