Speaker 1: All right, News roundup and information overload hour. Here's our toll free telephone number if you want to be a part of the program at eight hundred nine four one Sean if you want to join us. There is a lot going on as it relates to Iran. If I had to guess, is going to be soon some action by President Trump. And we have now seen a ratcheting up of the tensions we've had the USS Abraham Lincoln had to send up fighter jets to take out an aggressive drone and American forces now shot that down. As the naval build up is continuing, and I would imagine you're going to see probably a series of attacks against those people responsible for cracking down and murdering innocent people who were actually peacefully protesting from all that I could see, and it's you know this, look, this is a Nazi theocracy regime. This is a regime where people do not have rights. This is a regime that literally kills people for no reason. And you know, women are treated like third class citizens. God forbid, if you're gay or lesbian, they're going to put you up on a roof and throw you off the roof. And they have been the number one state sponsor of terror for a long time, which is why Donald Trump took out their nuclear sites. This is why he took out Solamani. This is why also Donald Trump beat back the Isis Caliphate. But they have been fomenting terror around the world for a long long time, and they can chant, and they've been chanting in the last week, death to America again. You have the leaders now talking about well, in a month or two from now, we will be talking about the death of Donald J. Trump. They're threatening our president directly. If you go back after the Iotola commandee came back from he was in isolation in France. I can't believe France put him up, by the way, but that's a different story for a different day. But after the Shah was overthrown incomes this religious theocracy and anyway, America lived through and I remember it well, four hundred and forty four days Americans were held hostage inside of Iran. One of them is going to join us in a minute. Kevin her Manning is a marine held captive four hundred and forty four days. Upon his release, he continued in the military, completed thirteen years in the Marine Corps, earning multiple honors, including the Prisoner of War Medal, the Defense Notorious Service Medal, the US State Department's Award for Valor. And you know he knows a thing or two about this, you know, Nazi fascist deocracy regime that is terrorizing and now murdering the people in that country, the Persian people. Rightly, I think it's the natural state of man to want liberty and to want freedom. Our founders are discussed that that is the natural order of things endowed by our creator, that rights come from God, they don't come from man anyway. Kevin, welcome to the program. Glad you're with us.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Sean. And you know you and I have been around long enough to know and when it comes to Iran, the most dangerous mistake we've made is pretending that it's a new problem or a misunderstood regime. Wouldn't you agree with that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course I'd agree with it. And you know, I want people to fully understand when you were being held hostage during that time. Four hundred and forty four days is an awfully long time. I want to know how you were treated, and I want to know mentally psychologically, did you always know that your country was behind you, supporting you, and that would do everything possible to ensure your release.
Speaker 2: Well, to be honest, no, we didn't know that the United States was even concerning itself with us. Obviously our families, but we didn't know until after the failed rescue mission Operation Eagle Cloth, that there was something proactively being planned by our US government, our military, and really that was way in April of nineteen eighty. But you know, when we were first captured, I was a young Marine security guard twenty years old at the time. But marine security guards have a dual responsibility. One is to be of course adhering to our military responsibilities through the Department of Defense, but also because we have a dual manager, if you will, or leadership of the Department of State, which is about diplomacy, and so really marine security guards they're supposed to try to do their best at diminishing chaos, diminishing conflict. And the ambassador way back on November fourth, nineteen seventy nine, Charge de Pair, Bruce Langen, he's the one who ultimately made the call to lay down our weapons and to surrender the embassy. But honestly, it's because he and everybody involved was expecting the Iranian government to do its job under a millennia several millennia of international law, and that was to come to the aid of the diplomats and the staff at the embassy to clear the compound. And you know, we would go about our daily life. But indeed the Ayahtola and his followers, they saw this as an opportunity to consolidate their power, and we became the Great Satan and the representative of the Great Satan, and so we were captured. I would say to you one thing that might be relevant, relevant is that our CIA station chief, his position was finally declassified about thirteen months ago. He was held captive. He was held in solitary consignment for four hundred and twenty five days. And I don't know how Tom Ahern managed that to endure, and I'm out a hole man. But after forty three days, I know, at least for me in solitary, following a failed escape attempt, that was enough. I was ready to get out of solitary for sure, and I pretty much was begging the guards to put me with another room mate. And we didn't know that was right around the time, right before when I came out of solitary reciement was right before the failed rescue mission. And I guess I would be remiss if you didn't give me ten seconds to say that. People have referred to the hostages as heroes or what we've endured, but indeed the only real heroes were those eight men who selflessly laid down their lives for people they didn't even know, just so we might have been freed earlier.
Speaker 1: Let me let me talk about how you were treated when you were being held in captivity. How were you treated well?
Speaker 2: Early on? A lot of blindfolds, a lot of you know, there was a lot of solitary confinement early on. My colleagues there were some who were beaten severely during their interrogations that went on, but you know, just being denied the BAI.
Speaker 1: Why do you think they were beaten and you were not being beaten?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I had my own share of that very early on and then during my following my failed escape attempt. But some of these guys, senior military officers, Colonel Schaeffer, Colonel Scott, they were senior military officers and in the Air Force and the Army military attaches there. They knew the Shaw's leaders so the Iyahtola and his followers, those who captured us, they wanted to try to extract information from these guys. But the information that people working at embassy largely have Sean And you know some of this because you've interviewed many people in national security and diplomatic positions, that their information was really about how can the United States collaboratively collaboratively work with foreign governments, either adversaries or allies. And for at least twenty six years when the shot was in power, we certainly saw a very tight relationship between the US and Iran. And we have to go all the way back to those days because the Soviet Union, the former Soviet Union, shared about a twelve hundred mile border with the northern northern border of Iran, and so Iran was a very important player in the geopolitical front. And so when I think about these guys who endured that type of treatment and behavior, and not all of them spent much time, if any time in solid dr confinement, but just the beatings because of the interrogations. They played Russian roulette with us. Early on, they were trying to force the Marines to open up safes that we didn't have combinations too, and there, you know, just being isolated Sean, just not knowing what the next day was going to bring. They would play a lot of mind games with the correspondence letters to our families and from our families. The letters that I received from my folks had every single thing torn out of it that had anything to do with the negotiations that might have been going on. What was our government doing to try to secure our release? And as a result, you know, we were really very much kept in the dark.
Speaker 1: Quick break right back. We'll lot more with Kevin her Maning. He is a former marine. He was held captive in and Iran for four hundred and forty four days. More on the other side, we'll talk a little Super Bowl food with Linda and much more. Now we continue. Kevin her Maning is with us, held hostage in Iran for four hundred and forty four days. You know, it's got to be so hard. What was the lowest point for you?
Speaker 2: Well, I think the lowest point for pretty much maybe two thirds of the hostages was in February of nineteen eighty, about three months after we were captured. They decided to really play a severe mind game on us. They dragged us out of our cells that we were in at the time, lined us up against the wall, stripped us down to just our shorts, and then while one of their guards, a couple of their guards went running up and down the hall, up and down the hallway behind us, started shouting out execution commands at the top of their lungs and then chambering their weapons as though we were about to be executed. And I remember a good friend of mine, another fellow from Wisconsin, actually Dave Raider, Colonel Dave Raider and an Air Force fellow. He had enough and he basically started cursing at the Iranians and shouted to them to just get it over with if that's what they really wanted to do. But for all of us, I would.
Speaker 1: Say that was how how did they react to him fighting back on that?
Speaker 2: Or I would say astonished They didn't think that it was a lot There was a lot of mind game being played, mind games being played by both sides throughout the situation, but at that particular time, they were just so taken aback that that type of resistance was happening. I mean, we were handcuffed behind our backs and there wasn't a lot we could have done physically other than just speaking up.
Speaker 1: And I had the I mean, imagine if they're trying to intimidate you and scare you, and you're saying, go ahead, pull the pull the trigger. I'm going to see Jesus. Go ahead, I want to go see Jesus. Tod I pull the trigger, pull it, do it now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And and what's interest?
Speaker 1: In other words, you don't give them the reaction that they want.
Speaker 3: No, they didn't.
Speaker 1: They want to create fear, they want to intimidate, and I'm not I'm not saying the average person naturally would respond that way.
Speaker 3: But if bring about submission, no question.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know you you you can choose not to do you obviously, as a marine, I would have imagine you were probably more equipped than others in the embassy of the time to handle the stress of that. And I'm sure that a lot of people that were held hostage for that length of time were never the same. Again, you sound like you've recovered really nicely and that you put this chapter in your life in its proper perspective and moved on. But I'm sure a lot of the people that you stayed in touch with did not.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I would say the following on that topic. I think youth has a lot to do with the resilience that people are able to bring about. I think that being just twenty years old. And then when we finally were released and we got back to our communities and our families, what my experience was the Marine Corps they put me on the road working out of the recruiting office in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, but not as a recruiter, rather in public affairs, and I traveled the state with the Marine Corps. They had somebody accompany me, and I spoke at high schools, in rotary club in kawanas, and church groups. And as a result of that, it really became a Catharsis for me. And I don't think that was a plan for the Marines, but it worked for me because it helped. It helped me understand that I would rather be defined for what I've done in my life and rather than for what happened to me. For four hundred and forty four days, I had a roommate, Sean, who became a very good friend of mine. We were roommates for about six months. Bill Kieo was a giant of a man, weighing six standing six feet nine inches tall, weighing about three hundred and fifty pounds, and he lost half of his bodyweight actually literally a little more than half of his bodyweighting captivity. But Bill Kiol was an educator who had only been in Iran for twenty four hours, and he arrived there as part of an international education agency to gather records from the former Tehran American High School which had been shut down by the IATOLA, and then the Americans who were having their kids go there left the country anyway. But he would always say to me, Kevin, you know you're a young man. You were at the age of my kids. And when we get out of here, and Shawn, he never said if we get out And that's what educators do. They encourage people. So he said, when we get out of here, go back, get involved in your community, complete your education, and make a life of relevance. And I've never forgotten that because some of my colleagues they had much worse experiences than I had.
Speaker 1: What they feed you every day, we.
Speaker 2: Have we have a lot of chicken legs, a lot of rice, a lot of grass, and goat guts soup. It was supposedly as a Delta dot what soup grass and goat guts soup?
Speaker 3: I never developed a taste for that.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you didn't. Honestly, you know you're an inspiration. You know i'd your resiliency and you're sharing your story with us, and thank god you're okay. And to all the other hostages, we pray for them even to this day. Nobody should have to live through that captivity. Terrible to lose your freedom, Kevin. We appreciate you, man, God bless you and stay in touch with us.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you for having me on you bet.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred nine point one Sean. If you want to be a part of the program, now you want Linda's air fried French fries? I do you want Hannity cooking for the super Bowl? It's not even close. We'll get to that in a minute. Eight hundred nine point one, Sean. If you want to be a part of the program, well, do you want to talk about the super Bowl anymore? I mean, you did not How do you not know who's in the super Bowl? When I first asked you, you did not know? And then we're going to talk about food because you're you're not a better cook than me.
Speaker 4: I well, I think I am. I don't really think that even warrants a conversation, but that's okay. If you want to have it, we can have it on Olan.
Speaker 1: How do you cook your French fries?
Speaker 4: That's how we're rating our abilities to cook as French fries.
Speaker 1: How do you cook your French fries in an air fyer? Okay? And what other food do you cook in an air fryer?
Speaker 4: I mean, you can cook anything you want in an air fryer, but I don't cook it. What do you cook it in the airfare? I mean you can cook fried chicken. You can cook if you make like your own nuggets from scratch, So they're health.
Speaker 1: Everybody listening to my voice right now? Do you want Hannity fried chicken?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: They want to be Maha olive oil or avocado oil or olive oil. Or do you don't need any of the air fried crap?
Speaker 4: How about no oil? How about less calories, same great taste less?
Speaker 1: Okay, these are healthy oils MAHA approved.
Speaker 4: But you know what's the healthiest of oil? No oil? I'm taking the oil out.
Speaker 1: No, Actually, you're wrong. Olive oil is extremely hard healthy as is.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say it wasn't. I didn't say.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if you cook using you don't need it, why are you adding and and it tastes better? Because the point is when you're cooking food, you cook food that tastes good.
Speaker 4: The reason it doesn't taste better for you?
Speaker 1: What is the other crap that you get? Like, for example, if you were watching the super Bowl this weekend like every other American, if you.
Speaker 4: Were a lot of people, would you make I talked to people.
Speaker 1: I don't want to talk about that. I want to talk about what would you make? What would you make to eat?
Speaker 4: We make heroes, we make dips heroes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what kind of heroes?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: Italian subs like big heroes. I don't know what you guys call.
Speaker 1: Them ITALIANU you go, you get bread at the grocery store, you slap some meat on it.
Speaker 4: And authentic Italian deli.
Speaker 1: You get the bread, get the right bread. Okay, that's your big that's your that is your big meal. I didn't what else are you gonna make?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: You said, what else would you make?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: What are you you going to make? Art of choke dips?
Speaker 4: Aren't you and spinach dip and tacos.
Speaker 1: Spinach dip, steak tacos. Let me ask you a question. How do you cook your taco meat?
Speaker 4: I cook it in a pan.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't air fry it?
Speaker 4: I told you not. Everything goes in the air fryer just because I own an air fyer. It's not a one trick pony. Can you use other things like like a pan?
Speaker 1: Use hard too doing it?
Speaker 4: I'm having a brunch on Sunday and we're not watching the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Having a brunch on Sunday? And what are you going to take?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm gonna watch on Sunday.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna know what I'm I don't care about that. I'm not talking. We're talking about food. Focus, Learn to focus. You're like, all right, So what else are you gonna make for your brunch?
Speaker 4: My brunch? I'm doing French toast with brioche bread, peak.
Speaker 1: Of off puke. What You don't like pancakes?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 1: Because I don't know? I don't eat sugar.
Speaker 4: Oh, but it makes everything taste better.
Speaker 1: You don't like sugar, No, I don't. I try. I can use eggs.
Speaker 4: Well, you can eat other things, Sean, you know you don't.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm making pork. I'm making pork ribs. You want to know what I'm making. I'm making pork ribs. I'm going to make sausage and onions, mild Italian sausage from a butcher, which is delicious. I don't put peppers in because I don't love peppers.
Speaker 4: Do you have no hormones and no vaccines in your meat? Do you make sure of that?
Speaker 1: Of course? Of course? Okay, grass fed, wonderful organic. I'm going to have steaks available. I'm gonna make tomahawk rabbis. For people that want carbs, I can make potatoes for them. I'll make like potatoes or grotten.
Speaker 4: So nobody gets anything sweet though. Nobody can have a cookie. Nobody can have a brown.
Speaker 1: You know, they gonna have whatever they want. I'll order whatever.
Speaker 4: You just don't make it. Oh you order, you can't make it.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna I'm not gonna make that.
Speaker 4: I already whooped your ass because I can. I'm a great baker.
Speaker 1: Whoop my ass. Okay, I'm gonna sit there and I'm gonna pound out making a pie that nobody really is gonna end up eating anyway, because they're gonna be stuff from eating my pie, from eating my other food.
Speaker 4: Listen, well, they probably figure they better fill up because you're you know, you're just now, that's not that's not why my pork ribs are superbe My pork ribs are unbelievable.
Speaker 1: You can't even match them. You could never match the Yeah. I also will create a shrimp option. I'm actually actually two options seafood options. One I will make seafood fraudyavlo and two I will make shrimp scampy. I'm just telling you I'm a better chef than you. You can't deal with it.
Speaker 4: You can say it out loud, I'm dealing.
Speaker 1: To Okay, let's go through the phones and say, Tom, who would you rather Where would you rather eat on Super Bowl Sunday? At my house or Linda's? Based on what you just hurt.
Speaker 5: Well sewn, I'd rather eat at your house, and next to that, it would be my house because that's Phil Mignon on Coast.
Speaker 1: Thank you, all right, stay on the line, don't go anywhere Tennis and Connecticut. Based on this discussion, whose house would you rather eat at? Mine? Or Linda's?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: They all sound good, but I.
Speaker 1: Think, Thank you, Barb Minnesota. Whose house would you rather eat at mine? Or Linda's?
Speaker 6: I guess I'd better eat at Sewan's.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Professor Katz. Where would you like to eat at my house or Linda's with her air fried French fries?
Speaker 6: Sean, I love you, but your stuff isn't kosher. I can't eat pork and him so, and I'm chocoholic, so I'd have to go to Linda.
Speaker 1: You don't have to have pork. I have many options for you. I have seafood options, I have steak options. I have And Linda didn't mention anything that was kosher except you know, air fried French fries, she said, and cake and pies and all that garbage that nobody should be eating.
Speaker 6: Oh see, I'm a chocoholic, so that's that's kind of a deal breaker.
Speaker 1: Well, if you want chocolate, I'll make I'll bring chocolate into the house. I always accommodate my guests that my guests get treated like kings and queens, and I serve everybody. Okay, what kind of chocolate do you like?
Speaker 6: Like a queen?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, what kind of chocolate would you like?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, and I love chocolate chip cookies. I love chocolate chip ice cream. I love you know, Godiva chocolate.
Speaker 1: Any kind hug right, Linda send Professor Kats, you know, like a bunch of chocolate goodies on from me?
Speaker 4: So you'd rather say, sounder a bottle of olive oil. Two shone, We don't want to move on. Make sure she has all the proper oils in her home.
Speaker 1: You have to use You have to use it sparingly, just the right amount. Like, for example, to cook my sausage and peppers. First, I sautae the sausage right in a little bit of olive oil, and I brown it up a little bit, and then you just have to keep rolling it to get it perfectly browned up. Then I cut each sausage into individual pieces. I cut up all the onions I saw tae them in olive oil and butter, and then I put in silver palapasta sauce marinera and it is phenomenal and I actually slightly water it down in this case for my food. That's how meticulous I am with my cooking. What are you going to drink?
Speaker 4: Are you talking to me or we're Professor Kats.
Speaker 1: I'm talking to you.
Speaker 4: Probably will drink Bloody Mary's and I probably will have blinies because it's sprunch.
Speaker 1: Time, bloody marriage at six Pmuddy.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm doing brunch, bro I'm not doing the Super Bowl period. End a sentence. The NFL can kiss my irish. Yes, I'm not.
Speaker 1: About it, all right, whatever, You're the only one in America, all right, Professor Katz. What's on your mind today? How are you?
Speaker 3: Oh? Great?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm actually probably the only person going to see The Notebook with my boyfriend because we are back together. I dated him from the time I was twelve till I was twenty five. Then he dumped me for a rich girl. So now my husband's been passed away eight years ago. He's divorced, and so we're going to see the Notebooks and musical and he's really fun because I planned it on Super Bull Sunday. But I'm excited to see the Notebook.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's losing his man card if he's given in to go to see The Notebook. And I've seen the movie and it's cute, and I know, I know a lot of women love it and they're like, you know, charmed by it. However, if he's not watching the super Bowl and going to the notebook. He must really be in love with you. I'll put it that way.
Speaker 5: Oh, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: Well listen, you know, since you're taken, you know, I you know, I'm glad I'm back.
Speaker 1: With Richard, but so well, I only wish your health and happiness. I mean, honestly, this life is too short.
Speaker 6: Thank you, thank you. I just wanted to say a quick thing. When Gene Hamilton was on by the way, when he was talking about things that ICE could sue for, he missed all the invasion of privacy charts, false light he could, they could super false light. You place somebody in a highly offensive false light in the public eye, intrusion into seclusion when you go into their private you know, docsing paper and their addresses and things, or public disclosure of private facts, emotional distress. I mean, separate from all the federal things that he mentioned. But the thing that always just absolutely burns Mom and I is a constant false comparison. It's not even a comparison. You don't talk about Hitler and the Nazis in the same breath as our ICE agents forty four thousand. You know, I don't know sports either, but Forty four thousand is a number of concentration camps, six of which were extermination camps. Mom was in Auschwitz, Mom was in Geisling, and Mom was liberated by the US army and Dachau. Four hundred thousand of our US military were killed fighting against the real Nazis. They weren't deporting people because they were here illegally. They were deported. They were killing people just because they were Jews. Six million, that's the number. That's the number of Jews that were killed by the Nazis. And you know, it just goes on and on. And they did this in twenty sixteen when President Trump ran because he wanted to build the wall. They're doing it now again, as you so rightly said, because of trying to, you know, get power. And it's just everybody, all of the Republicans, and everybody's got to stop being afraid that, oh, they're going to call me a racist or whatever. How many people who work for ICE are minorities. This has nothing to do with that. And when you had Rocanna on, what about the fourteen year old who was sodomized and raped by a Mexican illegal alien. And that is the proper term stop getting caught up with illegal immigration migrants. They're not migrants.
Speaker 1: They're not Listen, professor, I am telling you, we're doing work that nobody else on the media will do. We keep scrolling the names of the people that commit the worst crimes. I've got to run good luck at your musical and he lost his man card in my mind. I'm just saying, you can go see the No Book any other day of the week. Appreciate you being with us, Tom flarid to go ahead, Tom, and I just.
Speaker 5: Want to talk about the people that are up in mine, Minneapolis and around the country that are going crazy about all these deportions. One point six.
Speaker 3: Million deportations, Yes, sir, themselves.
Speaker 5: So if one point six million deported themselves, it doesn't mean it's all that bad.
Speaker 1: I missed that last part. What's up?
Speaker 5: If one point six million people deported themselves, it can't be that bad.
Speaker 1: Well, no, because you had twelve million under Biden, and we had like eleven million beforehand. And here's the problem under Biden, Harris may Orgus is among them are the worst of the worst. And you know, so far they have captured and deported about seven hundred thousand of the worst criminals, and we still have murderers, rapists, pile molesters, known terrorists in the country. And it's frustrating to me that, you know, not only do they not gay credit and applauded for what they're doing, they get demonized and a rush to judgment every time and they get called Nazi gestapo. I mean, the left has lost the plot and I'm okay with that because we're heading into an election year and if that's their platform, I'm all for it because I don't think it's going to sell with the American people. That's my best guess, tom My Free State of Florida appreciate you more than you know. Eight hundred nine four one. Shawn is on number if you want to be a part of the program that's been wrappings up with today. We are loaded up tonight on Hannity nine Eastern on the Fox News Channel as we will have the very latest on Nancy Guthrie, who's missing. We will have reporters. We have FBI analyst Jeff Bennett from the NBI, Maren O'Connell, Nicole Parker, Nancy Grace the latest on the new information. We have also ed Smart, the dad of Elizabeth Smart, also Scott bessen As a show down on Capitol Hill two days in a row. We've got all the best tape we have, Congressman James Comer, Hillary and Bill Clinton will testify on the Epstein files. And we've got Lindsey Graham, no more Sanctuary Cities, no more Sanctuary States, and Iran Watch Out. All coming up tonight, nine Eastern on Hannity Say DVR. We'll see them back here tomorrow. Thank you for making this show possible.