Speaker 1: What's that at the bed. It's spooky, I'm yooky. I'm pretty sure it's dead, it's coming, it's way.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, Hey, I'm ghosted.
Speaker 3: Tyron's dress.
Speaker 4: Hey boo, it's me raz Oh my god. I had such a good weekend. I got to have a little bit more Greg and Dana Newkirk in my life because they had their Phenomena Con, which is their digital paranormal conference, and it was so fun. First of all, you guys loved their appearance on the show, as did I. Oh, they're just so cool and they've created this amazing community and they do this paranormal con friends. It's the third time that they've done it since the pandemic. And unfortunately, if you missed it, you won't be able to see it. And only it only lived for a very short amount of time. And I was the final speaker, and I mean, I guess you could say I was a speaker. I was trying to channel the most scholarly side of me possible. But I had such a great time and got to meet a lot of wonderful people. Welcome if you're new to the show. I also just recorded another Patreon episode for the time being, I'm going to do this every single week on Patreon. I'm going to do around forty minutes a week of me learning about paranormal phenomenal I'm open to different topics that anyone wants to throw at me. I'm learning a lot. I've done two full episodes now, no commercials. It's me learning about paranormal stuff and finding the humor in it, and I'm gonna cover all different kinds of stuff. So for the time being, I'm gonna do it every Thursday. Just as these episodes drop, they'll drop on Patreon there in addition to my videos and bonus clips from each episode.
Speaker 1: Patreon dot com slash ros dresfales.
Speaker 4: Today is a listener episode, and as always, if you want to be on one, just shoot me an email at ghosted by ras at gmail dot com, put in the subject line listener episode, and give me some bullet points about your stories. You don't have to spend way too much time type in everything up. Don't worry about that. Just give me an idea of what we could talk about and then we'll talk about it. We've got a great one today. We've got Damien, who lives in a house with a ghost, in it. Hey, there's got a couple of great stories. Went to a abandoned psychiatric hospital in Korea. Rachel has a house in the family where there's there's some stuff going on, let me tell you. And then I talked to Caroline who shares some stuff on behalf of her mother who works at a haunted hospital. And it's spooky. So I hope you enjoy. If you want to hear a little bit extra this week, I'm Patreon. From this episode, I talked to Damien about going to Savannah, Georgia, where there's ghosts.
Speaker 1: That's what they say.
Speaker 4: There's ghosts there and all kinds of cool paranormal stuff. All right, it's time for another listener phone call Extravaganza.
Speaker 1: On with the show.
Speaker 4: I am joined by Damian in New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Hello, Damien, Hello, how are you so good?
Speaker 4: I mean, when you have that name? Yeah, I mean, do people bring up the.
Speaker 5: Omen always as a kid, always, and it was yeah, And you know, I grew up in the seventies, so it was just always people checking for sixes on my head. Oh no, but yeah, but I was actually named after the priest and the.
Speaker 3: Exorcist stop true story. Yeah, whoa.
Speaker 4: Damien, that is crazy. I guess I never even put that together, that the priests and the exorcist. Damien, oh my god father Kears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah right.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, Damien, I want to hear some ghost stories, and you sent me a lot, so I don't know where do we began? Where do you want to go?
Speaker 3: I haadle this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess we should talk about the ghost in the attic.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you currently have a ghost in your attic?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I feel like he's been here a long time. I guess when my husband and I moved into this house nine years ago, and our neighbor got married and she had a little recip in the backyard, and our other neighbor was there, an older guy named we know, and he, you know, we were just chatting and he said, you guys know about the guy who killed himself in your attic?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: And we said no, we were never told this, you know, not that it really mattered, but.
Speaker 3: You know, it's.
Speaker 4: What's how do you work that in as a realtor? Like, all right, signed here and I see, you know someone killed themselves in ash.
Speaker 5: It wasn't even it wasn't even the previous owners. It was the owners before, so it's it's cool, We're open to this kind of thing. So anyway, we're like fine. This is when we had first moved in. And the story is that this young man who was the early nineties, he contracted he got HIV from where I don't know, uh, and when he found out, he committed suicide. In the end, this was his family home. He lived here with his parents, and I think others said, and you know he die, I believe in the staircase going up into the attic.
Speaker 3: Now, the attic here is my.
Speaker 5: Husband's sort of office, you know, his man cave sort of.
Speaker 3: So he's he's up there all the time.
Speaker 5: Ah, and he sees this guy all the time, yeah, all the.
Speaker 4: And he sees him like a person or he sees him like but well, the other day.
Speaker 5: I was sitting here, like my my home office is right the staircase lets out right into my home office and I'm sitting here on hre and go oh hell.
Speaker 3: No, like and and he goes there was there's a this you know, his name is David.
Speaker 5: David was hiding behind you know those exercise things you hook up into the wall or whatever, you know, like the you know, like you have a home gym kind of thing where you connected to your doorframe or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that right exactly, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so were we.
Speaker 5: It's it's like it's sitting in the corner collecting destin covered clothes. So he's David, this is hiding behind this thing, sort of peeking out at my husband. I'm convinced he's obsessed with my husband.
Speaker 1: So yeah, John just sees.
Speaker 3: Him all the time, and he's just a presence.
Speaker 5: Like, oh, by the way, yeah, your your podcast is definitely haunted because.
Speaker 3: And I didn't.
Speaker 5: I like, I usually i'll listen to a podcast while I'm in the kitchen cooking, and whenever I was listening to your podcast, I would feel his presence in my kitchen behind me, and I'd always just sort of look over my shoulder. There's nothing there, but I sort of feel something. And then you know, a later episode, I someone had mentioned that your podcast is only like it's only when I listen to your podcast.
Speaker 3: Am I getting this sort of.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I like that or don't.
Speaker 4: Like there's a part of that kind of I'm like, I'm kind of honored that the ghosts are into it, but at the same time, I just didn't want that to make people be like, oh, hell no, I'm not listening to this. I don't want ghosts popping up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's cool. Let's let it be as long as nothing.
Speaker 4: So when that neighbor told you about this guy, did he know from the owners in between you, you know, between the person that killed themselves and there was somebody else lived there and then you did they have stories or something?
Speaker 5: Not that I'm aware of, Not that I'm aware of it all. Nobody said anything to us. And it's a good energy. It's not you know, there's nothing bad going on. Yeah, it's just like he's here. He's a little obsessed.
Speaker 4: But with my husband, does he mainly just up hear or just are there? Are there other things going on?
Speaker 3: Well, that's where I was going with this.
Speaker 5: So we opened up a store here in Maplewood in New Jersey, and my husband's like always shout it out.
Speaker 3: It's called Remarch. It's an awesome story in Maplewood, New Jersey. Thank you.
Speaker 5: My husband's like, you know, you open a business, He's obsessed with it. He's always there. He's there, like through the night, moving stuff around and whatever he's doing. So I'm here at the house and I fall asleep one night and I wake up and it's just that, just a male presence in my bedroom staring at me.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 5: Backstory to a little just to step aside here for a second, is that my mom passed.
Speaker 3: Away about a few years ago, a few years.
Speaker 5: Back, and she had been sending me signs and things. And my husband's cousin is a spiritual healer, and he said, just ask before you go to bed at night. Ask that, ask her what it is she wants, and she'll tell you in a dream.
Speaker 3: And she did. It happened.
Speaker 5: I woke up in the middle of the night after seeing her in a dream, and she had a message for me on a piece of paper.
Speaker 3: But that's another story.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I saw this guy standing in the bedroom, so I'm it's just a shape. It's very it's very non the script. So I said to him, Okay, I'm going back to bed. I don't know what you want, but.
Speaker 3: Let me know.
Speaker 5: So I go to bed and I have this dream and I go downstairs in the dream and go into my dining room, heads towards heads towards my kitchen, and he's there's a shape a man standing in the kitchen door frame and he has no face. He just looks kind of sort of like silly putty, you know, like a non face, like no whise. It's just like if if someone had sculpted a face out of silly putty.
Speaker 3: But he had a mouth. And I said to him, Okay, what do you want? And he said, is John here? That's my husband's name. Is John here? And I said, he's not here right now. But I was so aired.
Speaker 5: I picked up a spoon off of the dining room table and I went to standing.
Speaker 3: And he just vanished.
Speaker 5: I woke up at that point, but that was I'm assuming that was him looking for my husband.
Speaker 1: Wow, So he really is interested in your husband.
Speaker 3: I really feel like it's goes to obsessed me.
Speaker 4: So basically and people, he came to visit you, like in person, and then you went to bad You've told him, tell me what you want. You go to bed, and he's like, I just wanted to know where your husband is.
Speaker 3: Seriously, what do you want from me? I want your husband?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Interesting, but yeah.
Speaker 5: And he's always around and he was standing, you know, like he was standing in that dream in the same place where he's usually standing when I'm listening to a podcast.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so when you listen to my podcast, do you grab a spoon and turn around?
Speaker 3: Seriously? Right, I keep a spoon in hands, not the huge knife I'm cutting on.
Speaker 4: But I mean, so you guys co exist. It seems, you know, it doesn't sound like a bad thing.
Speaker 3: We're very happy here, all three of us.
Speaker 1: It's kind of amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's cute.
Speaker 4: It's well, okay, tell me more, tell me more. What about going to the Stanley Hotel?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, I went in September. I think I took a trip to.
Speaker 5: Colorado just to get away, and you know, I feel, let me do some ghost hunting because that's what I like to do. I mean, and so I said, let's do this. Let me do the Stanley. I went by myself.
Speaker 3: I was there.
Speaker 5: They put me in a room to nineteen, which is not the Stephen King Room. The Stephen King Room is two seventeen. So I was two doors down. But every time I came out of my room, there was a crowd of people standing there getting the tour.
Speaker 3: Anyway, nothing happened.
Speaker 5: But until the last day when I'm packing my stuff to leave, and I had a paperback copy of The Shining with me just to kind of, you know, read it while I'm there and sort of absorb absorb it and you know, make the connections to the to the written word, you know, because it's different from the film.
Speaker 3: So I read.
Speaker 5: I read the book. I finished it, and I was packing up to leave, and I was like, what should I do with this book? Let me just leave it here for the next person, sort of as a little you know, a little nod, you know, like it's the Shining Year at the Stanley.
Speaker 3: So there's a chest of drawers. I opened the top drawer. I put it in the top drawer close to the top door.
Speaker 5: I turn around to start filling my suitcase with lug with clothes, and I turn around and the drawer is wide open.
Speaker 3: With the book in it. So I figured, I was like, this is just like it's the drawers on rollers.
Speaker 5: So it's just kind of opened because I had opened it, you know, and then.
Speaker 3: I closed it.
Speaker 5: So I sort of closed it a little better, you know, you press it in and then it stays.
Speaker 3: I turn around, I come back in the drawers opening.
Speaker 5: I do it again, and then I watched the drawer I watched the drawer open itself by itself, even though I pressed it closed, and it never.
Speaker 3: Opened before the three days I was there.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I said, as you know, a friend had asked me, did anything happen with you with a I was like, not really, And then I told.
Speaker 3: Her about this and she was like, that's something.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not. So is it the kind of place?
Speaker 4: I mean? I know I've like looked into this place many times, but I've never been. But is it a kind of place where there's kind of ghosts everywhere? I mean, sure, there's some rooms that they say are more haunted than others, but yeah, you know, you're not really saying goes anywhere.
Speaker 5: There was there are other build where there are ghosts that this guy died here, but you know, doing this what like. And then in the hotel itself there's the one room to seventeen, where Stephen King stayed and was inspired by a dream that he had there.
Speaker 3: Earlier on in the history of the hotel. That room had exploded.
Speaker 5: I think, I don't know, a maid died or something like someone I don't even know.
Speaker 3: If she died, but.
Speaker 5: There's there's like that you could take a ghost tour, which is what I did, and they tell you the stories of like this, this and this, and you know, it's cute.
Speaker 3: It was, it was, it was pretty good. It was interesting.
Speaker 1: I want to go. So I almost went by myself.
Speaker 4: During like kind of well like slightly after, like we were able to go out and do things. Yeah, but I was like, I'm not going to go by myself. I'm gonna be scared. But now I'm inspired.
Speaker 3: Oh it's it's awesome.
Speaker 5: It's beautiful, and it's like it's right outside the Rocky Mountains. So you just, you know, go tour the Rocky Mountains during the day and you come back to the hotel and take a ghost tour.
Speaker 3: It's awesome.
Speaker 1: I've been ghosted too.
Speaker 4: Hello Heather and Nova Scotia.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 6: I'm good?
Speaker 1: Are you so good? Oh my god? What have you got from me today?
Speaker 6: All right, we'll start with my Seth Korean story. So this happened about five years ago. I was teaching English there, so I was just looking on the internet for stuff to do, and then I came across this abandoned psychiatric hospital and like the pictures like it's just terrifying, like it's straight out of a horror movie. So it's called gone Geum Psychiatric Hospital, and it was abandoned in like the early nineties. So it's a little bit of research and it's pretty popular, like people would go and walk around like take photos and all that stuff. So I thought, well, why don't we check it out, So we went one weekend. So I'll just preface it by saying, so there's rumors or folklore that it was closed because doctors, you know, we're experimenting on the patients and then like some of them were dying mysteriously.
Speaker 1: An old psychiatric hospital, it is so dark.
Speaker 6: And then there's rumors that the hospital director was clinically insane himself and he was treating them as prisoners. So there's a lot of backstory. But then at the same time you do have reports that it was just due to like septic tank issues or like administration errors that like that's why it closed. So it's like you can either go the route where it's like terrifying and like murders and things, or you can kind of a bit more of than mundane like rational thing to be like, oh, just closed because the building was not in great condition. Anyway, still spooky. So it's about forty forty minutes south of Soul, So it took us about two hours to get there, and there was like decent directions online and everything, but the locals in town really don't like you going, so it's kind of, you know, not really encouraged. So myself and two friends went. So we took the bus, took public transportations. So by the time we got there, it was kind of like four thirty and this was in February, so like it was you know, getting dark a bit earlier kind of thing. So we were doing well with the you know, directions to get there, and then we get to the gate. It's all closed off, like you're not allowed to go. There's signs everywhere saying like trespassers will be persecuted, like there's fines, and there's cameras. So we and I don't know, I guess we just got mixed up with the directions. So we were supposed to go past the gate and then there was a little bit of like an opening that you could go through, but we were getting a bit worried because we don't be able.
Speaker 7: To see us.
Speaker 6: We don't want to get in trouble. So we kind of backtracked and there's an empty lot, so like, okay, well we'll go up this way, we'll go up the big hill and then we'll find the hospital through there. So we go up. We ended up kind of getting a bit lost, like through the thick voice up the hill, and then I mean, it really is in the middle of nowhere, Like it's not like the buildings around like a bunch of other buildings or stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Much more than me. I would never in a million years.
Speaker 6: But it's one of those things that I'm not like, but if I'm with people, you know what I mean, Like I'm I mean, I'm scared of the dark, but if I'm with other people, I find like I'm a lot more brave because it is fun, Like it's fun to be scared. But yeah, So then like we're in the woods and then all of a sudden, it's like a clearing and then we just see like this abandoned building and like it hit me like I was like I am currently about to enter like a horror movie. Like I just the building. It was incredible to see because you're just like, this is the perfect set for us to get murdered or for something terrifying to happen, Like I just couldn't believe it. It was straight out.
Speaker 8: Of a movie.
Speaker 6: And I really recommend anyone to look it up for the photos. Yeah, go on Gaum Psychiatric Hospital. So we see it and like, oh cool if you finally found it. So we go down and so one of my friends who was with us, a big, like six foot.
Speaker 7: Four big guy.
Speaker 6: He was like, I'm totally not gonna be scared, Like I won't be scared at all, Like we're definitely going in, like it's all fine, and I'm kind of like okay, Like we see.
Speaker 8: How we go.
Speaker 6: So we look inside and we're like looking at it and all the windows kind of are all broken, like it's really really run down, and so it's pretty easy. So there's like a ground floor and then there were three levels above it. So we thought, well, we're in the bit of the backside, so we'll just go in through. There was like a door that was broken, so we went through. So we're in the ground level and we're looking around and it's crazy because just like everything it's like they literally picked up and left one day, Like there's beds, clothing, like artwork like filing cabinets, telephones, Like it was just really eerie because you're just like, it's just like they just left anyway, So we were in there, it's still there.
Speaker 1: You know, you would think that, I know, rummage and steal it all.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, because pretty much it was like like twenty five years later that we were visiting it, like it's been abandoned for a really long time. Then there was like graffiti and stuff. So we're looking around like it's really cool. And luckily, I mean, the sun was going down a little bit, just because it took us so long actually kind of get there, so it was started a bit of like that eerie feeling, like you know, dusk, and so all of a sudden we just hear this like really really loud bang and it was right on top of us, like right like in the ceiling above us, and like we all just stopped in our tracks and I was like, oh, like are we not alone? Kind of thing like is someone else here? And it was loud enough it honestly just sounded like a bowling ball falling off of like a table. So caught us by surprise. You're like, oh shit, like what are we Okay, so we.
Speaker 4: The floors or ceilings everything. That's so scary to hear something above you.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, because we just assumed that we were the only ones there, like we didn't see anyone else around, and we weren't expecting that, like I don't know. So we went out the side, like onto the other side, and like my friend's freaking out, like I mean, we all were like we were all just like what was that? And then we kind of trying to rash line is it, like you know, it probably was just like a cat or you know, I don't know, something just fell, and it's important to not like it wasn't windy at all, like there was zero wind and that day, and so like we're outside, and so my friend was like, yeah, is anyone there, like hello? And so he says it in Korean as well, because we were like, well, if it's like a person or a spirit like he says, are they might not speak English. So as soon as he says it in Korean, like is anyone there? Literally, adorous slands like as hard as it can right beside like the window that we're at, and so like we just ran ran to the front of the building, like I could not believe it. And I mean, it could have been a coincidence, but I just think like the fact that the words had just come out of his mouth and then it was like a door slamming, you know. And so yeah, so we were like, okay, like that's odd, like two loud noises kind of thing. So we go to the front of the building and like my friend like he is not doing well, like he is saying like prayers, and he's like we can't go in there, like the spirits are going to come back with us, like this is how bad things begin. And so I'm and I agree, like I don't want to, like I don't want to anger any spirits or things that's there. But at the same time, like we did travel all this way to get there, so I'm like, well, let's you know, like let's just take a minute resents and like slowly maybe go in it kind of thing. So finally after a little bit and like my friends like if anyone there, like hello, we didn't hear anythings, Okay, let's go in. So we went into the ground floor again and again like this building is massive, like it's huge, So went into the ground part again and like we're finally feeling a little bit more like comfortable kind of thing. And then again like right above us, like we hear another bank and this was the loudest one that we heard, and it was kind of like two almost like it was like bang bang, and again like you could really know that it was right above us, like it wasn't just like some distance noise or like the other place.
Speaker 9: So again, like we just went outside of the building because we it was just so creepy because you're just like, what is this, Like I want to know, but at the same time, I'm petrified and I don't really want to know.
Speaker 6: What this noise is. And so at that point, like my friends like I'm not going in this building, like no way, and I mean I can understand it too. So we were outside and I convinced the other friend. I was like, well, let's just walk up the steps to like the first level, you know, have a peek in it, because I don't do it. So we were holding on to each other and they kept saying to me like, oh, just going by yourself, going by yourself. I'm like, come on, like I'm not going to go in this terrifying building that's like considered one of the most haunted places in Korea, like on my own, like I need to have someone else with.
Speaker 1: Me, plus the human up there, that would be way scarier.
Speaker 6: I know, and that and that's the thing, Like I think there's a few options on what it could have been, and I really think, I mean, it could have been a person or could have been something paranormal, but like I definitely don't think it wasn't an animal or anything, because it was just really really loud, and I think the fact that it all happened like where we were kind of thing, like it's just I don't know. So anyway, so we go up the stairs and again like you're looking through the hallway, so all the windows are broken. The door was just there's no door, so we could easily look through, and it was still light enough that like you would think that light would get through, but it was just total darkness, like you look down this hallway and it's pitch black, just so scary, and so we were kind of like peeking our heads in and like it's just the eerie feeling that comes over you. And then we heard just like a scratching noise. It wasn't a scratching it was like someone had a really long stick and was just like walking like down the hallway, like dragging it.
Speaker 1: Oh god, but it.
Speaker 6: Was long enough because there were like there were lots of trees around, but none were close enough. I mean, there weren't any windows anyway, they were all broken, but it wasn't like there was like a tree banging against the window and you know, you get that noise and it was just really really steady. So at that point we we you know, you kind of peek your head in the bed and stuff, but he was like, no, I can't, we can't do this, Like it was just we didn't want to be part of a horror movie that day. And so that's where I feel like we kind of chickened out, like we didn't you know, really go through it. But I mean, I guess it was probably the smartest thing to do. I mean, we all survived, but you know, and at the time, you don't really think, like, you know, what is this because you kind of just ratualize it in your head or you know, but looking back now or like really processing it, I'm like, I just don't know what it it could have been.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it sounds like you've weighed a lot of the options, and I'm here to say that that was indeed ghosts, And.
Speaker 6: That's it's weird because like, well we didn't really actually even like see anything. We just it was just you heard it, you know, until like I was looking into a few other you know, stories of someone else I knew he went at night time, and I mean, I just can't believe that anyone would in their right mind do that like at night that you was scary enough during.
Speaker 8: The day, but no, thank you now.
Speaker 6: But and so other people say that, you know, they see shadows like there are like there's been a lot of ghost hunters or you know places people that go and visit it and you know, do all that stuff. And then a lot of people say, you know they hear slamming doors, like shadows, uh, you know, stuff dropping like scratches on doors and things. So like there's definitely there's spirits in there. Like I think you can't dispute it.
Speaker 4: Well, next time I'm in the neighborhood, I'll stop by.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So there's a horror movie filmed in it, which I haven't watched yet, but I'll have to. And so actually the building since has been demolished I.
Speaker 7: Just found use the other day.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, I couldn't believe it because I you know, it did gain a lot more popularity, so I think a lot more people were going to see it and everything, but they just thought, no, well, we'll tear it down.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I'm sure people on the air just like fell in love with it and taking pictures and Instagram and all that stuff. I follow a lot of like abandoned building accounts on Instagram and it's it's pretty insane.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I want to hear your other story about your Australian boyfriend.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so he's now my husband. Yeah yeah, so yeah, so you met in Australia and then we're let's go home and you know, you can meet my family and all that fun stuff. So he came home in July. It's a bit of backstory. So my best friend in the world, she is always so paranoid that like she's going to move into a house or an apartment that like someone's been murdered in or there's like hauntings or anything like. So she'll always ask the landlords, like, has anything funny happened here? Anything bad?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 6: And I mean we always kind of tease her about it, because it is a funny like you feel a bit silly asking the question, I shamelessly asked, but this time she didn't. So they it wasn't the landlord as like a friend or something that was showing them around, so she didn't really get a chance.
Speaker 8: To ask the question.
Speaker 6: And of course, like she calls me, I don't know, like six months later after they're living there, so upset and she's just like this is the house and I'm like, what do you mean like this house? And so there was a murder in the city, and so it was a woman who like had went out that night, you know, to the bars and then just went home with the guy and then he like brutally murdered her. And it was it was terrible, you know, it really tore the whole city apart. It was just so heartbreaking. And so she they had moved into the the apartment where it all took place, and they didn't know ask yeah the one time, like I just what are the chances? You know, So she was really upset, but they just decided, you know, rent was so cheap that they were going to fill the place with you know, good energy and make good new memories in that building, like even though you know, something terrible had happened. Found they found out because one of their friends was watching the news and then it was like a photo of the crime scene and it was their apartment. So he messaged them and was like, just so, you know, like your apartment on the news.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but like their apartment, like not just the building, like their exact one.
Speaker 6: Literally the exact one. Okay, yeah, so yeah, but I mean, good on them, like they decided to stay and you know, they staged it and and everything like that. Yeah, so we we went to visit, and I was a little bit creeped out, like I was like, oh, like and they she really wanted us to spend the night because like I just really want to see you guys all that stuff, and roots it's like, yeah, like we'll stay the night for sure. So we had a little bit together. There was like I don't know, eight or nine people, and so it was just like a little house party, like very casual. No one was going out or anything. So we had some people over and we were hanging out in the living room like where it actually happened, like the murder, and so everyone was like okay, like a fun night, but we're gonna head out. So everyone went to like the front of the house like where the front door was to leave, and me and my boyfriend are on the cap you're exhausted on the jet leg and everything. So we fell asleep and I was totally like unconscious, didn't hear a thing, but my boyfriend at the time, so he was laying there and he wasn't like that half asleep, half like awake, half conscious state, you know, like where you're drifting off, but you can still kind of hear things. Are you a bit aware anyway?
Speaker 7: So then he.
Speaker 6: Well, so he hears high heels like coming down the hallway and going like right to him, like right through the living room, and it was loud enough like he woke up because he's like, oh, like someone's here, like someone came into the room and is walking around, and then like he opens his eyes and like nobody's there at all, Like no one in the kitchen, no one down the hallway, like everyone was at the front of the healy waiting for their ubers. And so he didn't, luckily, So we slept in a different room. We slept in the like front bedroom because I was like I'm not going to sleep in the room. I just would feel too creeped out anyway. So thank goodness he didn't tell me that story until the day after, because I wouldn't have spent the night there. And so then we were like, well, like no one was wearing high heels, you know, like it was a casual summer house party, like everyone was wearing flip flops or sneakers kind of thing. And we checked the people like we're like, you were in anything like that would make loud noise, and they're like, no, not at all, and no.
Speaker 1: One was around floor or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, so hardwood floor. And he's just added it like he is very skeptic, like he doesn't believe really in anything. So it really kind of jolted him to be like, well, what was that, Like I heard, you know, I heard someone walking and it was distinctly like the loud noise of high heels, you know, And so we I didn't tell my friends, the Storks. I didn't want to like scare them while they were still living there, so you know, I kept it to myself. And then they were moving out, and so you know, then once they moved there, I told them and so it turns out, you know, they had a few odd things I think happened, but you know, like they kind of brushed it off and we're just like, well, we're making good memories. But so she was really upset about leaving because they stayed there for like the next two years. You know, she was getting really nostalgic and sad about leaving their first apartment together. And so they were sitting in the living room the same one that it happened in, and they were you know, watching TV and on the coffee counter, like in the middle of the coffee counter, they had their remote and it was on top of the book and then like and it wasn't close to the edge, and then they just said they both watched the remote just all to the ground. And so they were kind of like, oh, that was weird, and they were talking about how they were sad and everything about leaving. They like, she was like, oh, I don't want to leave, like it was a mistake, and so they were like, okay, So they picked up the remote, put it back, you know, kept trying to pretend things are normal. Nothing happened, and it happened again, like they and they were not touching it like they said, like it was a flat sir. It wasn't anything slow, It wasn't you know, almost falling off anyway. And it moved and it fell off like the coffee table again. And so she thinks that it was her spirit was trying to kind of like scare her a bit to be like no, like you need to leave. It's okay, like.
Speaker 4: I give you my blessing, like go show on, like you know what, lady, I spent two years hiding in a closet because I didn't want to upset you. I had to one time to sneak out with my gorgeous high heels on just to say hi to a human. And I am sick of hiding. I am ready to live my true itself.
Speaker 6: But yeah, so those are my well, those are my two big stories anyway. That Yeah, I mean it's it's one of those things where you can really kind be rational, you know, justified or so good than that. But I think there's some things that you've just really you can't explain.
Speaker 11: Yeah, there's a ghost in my house.
Speaker 1: Hello Rachel in Los Angeles.
Speaker 8: How are you amazing?
Speaker 1: How are you so good?
Speaker 4: Okay, my Los Angelina neighbor you have got some stories and yes, I was reading through your email and it started from the moment you got here to this earth, this story of when you were a baby.
Speaker 1: Can you share this?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: And I'm really into the paranormal, and I think I realized while writing that email that this is probably why because when I was born, my mom kind of had a difficult birth and my shoulder got dislocated, but I came out okay. And when I was born, my grandmother went to go find her father, who was still alive at the time, and unfortunately, when she went to his home, he had passed away and she had found him passed away, which was crazy because it was the exact same day. Who knows exactly when, but he they always told me growing up, he like gave me life essentially, and it was just a really crazy story. But what was even weirder was one night my mom and dad heard me wake up, but I was like making noises, not crying, and both of them were like, huh, that's kind of weird. So they got up and went to my room and saw a full apparition of him standing over my crib like playing with me. And my dad was not into this stuff. So when my dad told me this, I like just really believed it because it's kind of a crazy story. But my mom always told me it growing up, and it just is. I mean, I never got to meet him. I do need to ask for like, am I like him?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 8: Is he am I him?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's really really crazy, Yeah, because I had a situation with some people I know where very like pretty much the same thing happened. Grandfather died and then a new baby was born, and they kind of you know, a theorized or whatever in their mind or whatever. Yeah, he kind of like started over in the child.
Speaker 8: I mean maybe kind of crazy. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Interesting. I mean maybe a psychic or somebody would tell you that.
Speaker 2: I know I've only gone to a psychic once, but I should probably find a legit one and ask that question.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, just have them bring it up. That's what you gotta do.
Speaker 8: Yes, think in my head, I want you to bring this up. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, so you also grew up in a haunted house. So is this the same house where that happened?
Speaker 2: No? Actually, I so when I was really little, my parents lived in like a really bad area and then my dad is an immigrant and my grandparents were immigrants, and we combined to live together in a nicer area called Yardley, Pennsylvania, which is Pennsylvania.
Speaker 8: I feel like it's super haunted.
Speaker 2: It's just so old, and you know, we lived right near Washington's Crossing and all this Revolutionary War stuff. So we all moved in together, the six of us, and I never really thought of it as haunted, but you know, multiple things have happened there. And also, like right before we got on, I was thinking about my grandparents lived downstairs and we lived upstairs, and there was this hallway I had to go through to get to their where they lived, and I used to always run through it because it creeped me out.
Speaker 8: So there must be something there.
Speaker 2: But my mom still lives in that house and I still visit it, so it is still our family home. So the one thing that happened to me then when I was a teenager. So since six of us lived in the house, it was so busy all the time, there were so many people there. But when I was a teenager, I remember I got home from school and my I guess my brother was still in middle school, so it was just me. Weirdly, and my grandparents must have been out. My parents both worked full time, so that wasn't unusual. And I got home and I was getting ready for work, I remember, and I took a shower. And if you live in an old house on the East Coast, you might know this.
Speaker 8: We had a septic tank.
Speaker 2: We didn't have public water, and so if someone else turned on the water while you were in the shower, it would go cold, and like instantly it was freezing. So I was in the shower and that happened to me, and I thought, oh, my grandparents are home. Like I did not think anything of it. So I got out of the shower, I go into my room. I close the door, and as I'm getting dressed, there were like three really loud knocks on my door. I again thought it was my grandmother because she was always nosy and stuff. So I was like, I'm getting dressed, Granny, Like I literally like screamed that. And then I heard nothing, and I realized we of course it was like wood, creaky floors, like so many noises.
Speaker 8: In this house, right, And I realized I.
Speaker 2: Never heard someone walk up or walk away, And I was like, wait, in.
Speaker 8: The middle of getting dressed, I think that hit me.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait a second, and I opened my door and there's no one and I You're.
Speaker 1: Like, they're just standing there, just quiet.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: In my mind, yeah, in my mind, I was like, wait, I didn't hear the creaking of the floor board, Like everything creaks in this house every because it's all wood, you know, it's very old like. And actually it used to be on farmland, where like everything around it was farm and this was like the farmhouse. So yeah, So then I remember I ran to like my front windows, which is where we used to have like six cars in the driveway at once when me and my brother could drive, and there's not there's only my car in the driveway, and I'm like.
Speaker 8: Oh no, holy shit, like I'm alone.
Speaker 2: And I even went downstairs to my grandparents and I even went outside and checked if the hose was on, like I thought maybe the hose accidentally went on. And then I just realized, like, okay, that was something. I don't know what that was when it was something, and then I never experienced anything again. But I don't know if it's because I wrote in my email my grandmother was really religious, like overly religious, and she played worship music like twenty four fucking seven like it. And she lived her where her stereo was was right below my bedroom, so I could hear it all the time too, like it would come up through the floorboards, and it was just like constant like chanting.
Speaker 8: Not gospel music. It was like worship music, you.
Speaker 1: Know, the music the come out.
Speaker 2: I guess, I don't know, but it was very rare for me to ever be alone in the house, like because it was just so many people, right, and then my sadly, my dad did pass away in that home like five years ago, and my grandfather also passed away, not in the home, but while we lived there and since then. So my mom is more of a believer. She was raised Catholic, I wasn't. I was raised more like Christian Presbyterian. But so she's afraid of like demons, like she's like afraid of that stuff legitimately, and she believes more and she's had more experiences, and she would be so embarrassed because she's like, don't tell anyone, no one else will like believe me. So she still lives there, and she now lives there completely alone, but when she's anyone, So she recently had an experience with which coincided with my friend, which I find really interesting. So my best friend from LA had never been to Pennsylvania and we had always planned to do like a trip in October and go to all like the scary things. They're like, there's the Penhurst Asylum in the Eastern State Penitentiary. Yeah, really big thing. So we did that. We went there for a week and we did all this fun like spooky stuff. And while we were there, my friend was staying in the downstairs which is now like a guest suite, which is where my grandparents lived, and she was getting changed and she saw and at it's at ground level, so through the window she saw someone walking back and forth. The shades are down, but she can fully see, you know, a person walking back and forth.
Speaker 8: And she it's just like me.
Speaker 2: She thought, Oh, Donna, my mom is just down in the backyard. Like she just didn't even think about it, right, And as she finished getting dressed, I think my mom or me yelled down to her and said like, oh, we're making tea, do you want any And she realized, like we weren't in the backyard. So she, by the way, didn't tell me this until after we left.
Speaker 8: She I guess she didn't want to freak us.
Speaker 1: Out, but I.
Speaker 8: Back because it's it's a.
Speaker 2: Massive backyard, and when you're in where we live, you look down on it, like our house's belt on a hill, and it looks like a ranch from the front, but in the back is a huge.
Speaker 8: Pool, like massive, totally open space.
Speaker 2: And I think she even asked like, oh, we're gardeners here, and my mom was like no, like no one was there. And I do part of me thinks it's my grandfather. I don't know why I think that, but we you know, we lived there for so many years, over twenty five years, and he lived to be eighty eight, and he had Parkinson, so in the end he wasn't neurologically like there. And he loved that backyard like he had a pond, he did stained glass, he like bird watched, he like.
Speaker 8: Used to save birds back there. So I don't know, part of me feels like that.
Speaker 2: Might be him, but who knows, Maybe it's not, Maybe it's something else.
Speaker 8: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: But when I told my mom that that happened, she was like, oh my god.
Speaker 8: The other night, I didn't want to tell you this, but she.
Speaker 2: Said, she was sitting on the couch and like in full like form, she saw a little blonde boy peek out from the hallway corner and look at her like inquisitively, like what are you doing?
Speaker 8: And yeah, and she like really freaked out.
Speaker 2: But my my dad and my pop up were both blonde little boys. So that's what makes me think, Like I've heard on your podcast people deciding to be children and things like that, So I don't know what that is, but I'm like, you know, my mom like felt like it wasn't threatening, but it scared her, like it was like like a very not like a see through.
Speaker 1: It was like a boy, what are you? Yeah, little boy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but my mom is doing a lot of renovation, so I know that can be a thing, right when you renovate, and this house hadn't been renovated for so many, like over twenty something years, you know.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean so back when you had your experience. Yes, let's not forget about those goes or whoever that could have been.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Would you like to hear an EVP?
Speaker 8: Oh my god, yes, okay, it's.
Speaker 5: That for EVP.
Speaker 1: Or evase. Okay, So you know how this works.
Speaker 4: I go to YouTube, I find alleged ghost voices and we're going to try to figure out what it's saying. And this one, it has a lot of background noise. It's probably hard to hear of zoom, but I think it's a good one. But you'll have to tell me what you think. It was posted by Hybrid Solid Paranormal, and I don't know where it is, like, let me see here. I think it's in the UK, Bristol. I believe there's a little bit of an explanation that I can give you after we we figure out what it's saying. But okay, what do you think this says?
Speaker 8: Okay, I have no idea, No, damn it. Okay, wait is the is the loud noise?
Speaker 4: The loud noise is not ghost. There's like someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's like.
Speaker 4: Someone in the distance saying something over the loud noise.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we have to tune in. Here we go.
Speaker 8: It sounds like it's saying a lot.
Speaker 1: I know, it's like a sentence.
Speaker 8: It sounds like a woman.
Speaker 4: Usually we get like a word or two, but this one is like telling us.
Speaker 1: A full story.
Speaker 8: It sounds like gossip.
Speaker 1: Right, did you hear what she just said.
Speaker 2: Yes, I can't make it out, but it really sounds like a woman like talking on the phone.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, let me play it more time.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's like no, no, no, no, Yeah, I really can't make out the word. Okay, Well, here's some options. One of these is well, okay, Ivard Solace Paranormal believes it says, is it A I would rather be sleeping? Is it b our Road leads here too? Is it C I don't think you do? Or D what are you up to? Sweet cheeks? Okay, let me play it again.
Speaker 8: I don't know why I feel like it might be the first one.
Speaker 4: I don't know why I think I would rather be sleeping. Yeah, well, here, let's listen to it again.
Speaker 8: Okay, I would rather be that's.
Speaker 6: What it says.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 8: Maybe I'm wrong, but maybe it's because I think I hear that.
Speaker 4: But okay, they believe it says our Road leads there too.
Speaker 8: I mean that's more like ominous.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me play that again.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, now I hear it.
Speaker 1: It makes more sense when it makes more contact.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with the context, which I know that kind of sounds unfair, but it's to make someone listen to that without knowing the context.
Speaker 1: Yes, but it also adds to the I don't know the literacy. Okay.
Speaker 4: So they wrote before this recording, I was talking about two places in Bristol called Feeder Road and Arno's Vale Road. And is this lady giving us a clue to the road where.
Speaker 2: She's like, our road leads there too, very trapy.
Speaker 1: That might be what she's saying. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, Rachel, I guess that's about it for this time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, my god, it was so great to talk to you.
Speaker 4: It was wonderful talking to you. We'll have to do it again sometimes. Yes, let me know next time something happens, for sure. Caroline in Canada, how are you.
Speaker 7: Hi, ros, Thank you for having me. I'm so excited to talk to you.
Speaker 4: I am too, Okay. So we got some stories here. I hear you got some that your mom told you that are secondhand stories, which I love.
Speaker 1: Let's hear it, okay.
Speaker 10: So these stories are from my mom, who works at an objectively haunted hospital in our hometown of Kitchener, Ontario, in Canada. So there have been many people over the years trying to investigate this hospital, and the hospital is super fast to shut it down understandably, so like they don't want to draw any scrutiny and an actively running hospital that's probably not good for PR and fundraising, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so it's like people don't want to not go to the hospital.
Speaker 1: If you need to go to a hospital.
Speaker 10: It's understandable. But it's just a place where everyone's got a story. So it's it's not surprising at all to have pormal activity in a hospital where the general patient demographic is pretty elderly. It's a long term care hospital. But fact that, the fact that there is one ghost dominating the whole hospital is what makes this all extra spooky. Whoa yeah, So to start, there is kind of an old portion of this big hospital. It was built in nineteen sixteen as a tuberculosis sanatorium, and the true story is that a young nurse named Francine sometime around that era, she accidentally gave a little boy boy in the hospital and incorrect medication or in corect dose for medic and the little boy tragically died and nurse Franccene later died by suicide in the nurse's residence, which is now a maintenance like outbuilding on the property. So to start the big list of stories, this ghost of Nurse Fran scene was seen several years ago in this residence turned maintenance building. A staff member saw her from outside looking through the window, and she was washing her hair in the sink, and he rushed off to go get help. And when they all came back as a group, there was no sign of anyone having been in that building at all.
Speaker 4: Oh, I have never heard a story of a ghost washing her hair in the sink.
Speaker 1: That's incredible.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she was very comfortable and there, I guess. Yeah. So so.
Speaker 10: My mom has been working at this hospital since nineteen eighty nine and over the years she has heard countless stories from people from all levels, from patients, nursing staff, doctors, administrators, people who had had no way of knowing all of.
Speaker 7: This folklore backstory.
Speaker 10: They reported seeing a woman in an old fashioned nurses uniform and a little boy in like the old tiny dungerries overall is outfit, walking around in the hospital and getting into mischief. So the rumor is that when patients see Nurse Frans scene, and especially this little boy, they frequently pass away soon after. There have been stories of patients. Yeah, there have been stories of patients asking nursing staff to like, tell this little boy in my room to get out of my room and stop bugging me. Or recently, a few months ago, a patient was told by their nurse to sit down on their hospital bed and the patient was like, I can't sit on this bed. Like don't you see this nurse lady sitting up on this bed taking up all the space.
Speaker 7: And there was nobody there.
Speaker 4: Oh, do people ever see them together or just separate?
Speaker 10: I think often separate. The little boy frequently around the patients who are mostly elderly in this hospital, and I think Francine is more seen by like the staff kind of in the non patient parts of the hospital.
Speaker 7: That makes sense.
Speaker 10: So this nurse fan scene has been seen walking around the hospital's like outdoor courtyard, and it sounds like the majority of these stories kind of happen when people are just busy going about their day doing their hospital jobs, and something seemingly in this kind of happens, and then in retrospect you stop and realize that, hey, something was really off there. You don't think of seeing someone just sitting peacefully on a courtyard bench until you kind of realize after that, like, Okay, their clothing was way off for the time period, Like something's not making sense here.
Speaker 1: Does she wear like one of those little hats?
Speaker 10: I hope, so that'd be awesome. Definitely the white dress for sure. Another story was a few years ago. There was a story of a nurse. She was taking a photo at a work party. She was pulling up her birthday cake in her nurse's like modern nurse's uniformed scrubs, and in the photo that's been kind of circulated around my mom showed me, they noticed there is a very small, like childlike hand reaching up to grab the cake, and it looks just as clear as the lady's own hands herself.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there have been like dozens of stories, but the one that completely gives me chills is a few years ago, one of my mom's coworkers was walking in a stairwell alone during the middle of the day, one of those industrial, all metal, concrete stairwells. She passed a nurse going the opposite direction carrying a big box of bandages. And you know, when you're busy going through the workday, you just kind of say a polite high and passing and you don't really notice the other person, You're just kind of moving on. So after my mom's coworkers stopped to think about it, she realized the lady walking in the stairs was wearing the old white dressed uniform that nobody would wear anymore, and that her response to whatever she said, Hi, good morning River was like a low growning kind of sound and not a hello back. She didn't really notice at the time, and after thinking about it was like, whooh, so Francine is She's a very bold ghost. She's not afraid to be seen, which makes it even creepier.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there have.
Speaker 10: Been several like technological kind of bass stories, such as patient machines all malfunctioning and alarms going off at the same time. The sounds of like chimes going off at midnight in the administrative office area floor, but nobody could find a source for the sound.
Speaker 7: One of my mom's.
Speaker 10: Coworkers a few years ago, she was getting calls at home in the middle of the night from her own desk phone, and it's an old kind of office phone that only she ever used. With an old phone with no way to accidentally call some on, let alone the exact personal number of the person that uses the phone on a daily basis. Another story was a year or two ago, one unit had to call an ambulance for the patient. So this hospital doesn't have an emergency department, so something really dire or happens. They called the ambulance to go to the big hospital in town. So the paramedics took away this patient. I first don't know what happened to them, But a week later, at the exact same minute, exactly a week later, the paramedics showed up and everyone was kind of like, oh, what's going on? Call nine one one, and the paramedics says that they received a call at the exact same time for the exact same situation, and nobody has any explanation of where that call may have come from. I don't know why my mom still works though, but it's only a matter of time before she probably has a direct encounter herself.
Speaker 7: There are so many more stories.
Speaker 10: Everyone who works there seeing me has a story, so I'm thankful that my mom can always pass them on to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with like a hospital, it's there could be so many other energies lingering around, so I mean, it's pretty incredible that there's those two but who knows, there might rule.
Speaker 10: And she's just kind of considered. She's like everyone's coworker. It's just everyone's got a fran Scene story. And so now it's just when anything happens, You're right, it's just automatically attributed to her. Somebody hears a winter patient feels that their window was open and the curtains are blowing around. Someone comes in, they're not there, like, oh, that must be fran Scene again. That she's just up to she's no good about little boys up to no good around here. And I think that the little boy seems to be more of just like a little mischievous kind of little boy busy energy, whereas Franccene does seem to be a little bit more of a of a negative presence. People feel the presence of somebody kind of watching them from behind, or she doesn't seem like maybe the friendliest one to have around.
Speaker 1: Yeah with her low grown voice.
Speaker 8: Yeah no that Hey, she's got.
Speaker 1: Clean hair, she's got that, oh for sure.
Speaker 4: Uh wait, I want to hear about this girl's trip that you were telling me about.
Speaker 10: Okay, So, so to start, I've never been any kind of like sensitive with any paranormal abilities myself or anything, just like a healthy fear and respect for the ghost world. Like, you know, I would never look in a mirror at knife, you know what I mean. So my sister kind of features in this story is a total skeptic, and she just kind of rolls her eyes at any fears I've had in the past. And this is ultimately really a story of my family ignoring maybe some subtle signs from the other side, but then getting like a real wake up call to get our attention. So this story happened to my family in twenty seventeen at a resort just north of Toronto, and it's my favorite place on earth. It's my happy place, and it's been a tradition to visit this resort every summer since I was a little kid. My grandmother, my mom's mom, who we all call Granny. She started this annual trip with all of the women in our family, my mom, my aunt's, my sister, and now our kids are part of the group. So our family had this big hotel room in this big block of the resort, and it was really special to our family because we were the first family to use this room kind of experimentally as.
Speaker 7: A hotel room.
Speaker 10: It was used as part of a big banquet room or meeting room before us, and it's the size of two really big hotel rooms put together. It's a big open room. But I got a little partition down the middle, maybe a six foot tall partition, separating the bedroom side and the other living room side, with like a sofa bed TV. So the important part of the story is that my grandma used the sofa bed on the living room side. She was like a night owl who was always cleaning up after us and after we went to bed, and we were used to hearing her shuffling around newspapers, magazines, cleaning up our stuff. And my granny was the only one who ever slept on that side of the room, and since she passed away in twenty twelve.
Speaker 7: Nobody else used that side of the room at night.
Speaker 10: And another like really we've known about my grandma is that we used to always tease her, you know, the you know, old lady hair, old lady fashion things like that, and her line was always, well, I can't wait to come back someday and look down at all of you and see how cool you are as old lady, you know. So so the acterlife was just always a topic this very loosely joked about with us. So in twenty seventeen, we were there for a full week and I was in the room with my sister and two of her kids, and my mom and my aunt were across the hall in like a regular size hotel room. And then throughout the week, my sister and I we just some weird inexplicable things, like the digital clock between the beds occasionally just started stopping on its own, no explanation. And after going to bed every night, I was hearing the sounds of papers and shuffling on the coffee table on the other side of the room. Nothing was being affected by the acy blowing, no explanation. And then I was also experiencing hearing the sound of like shuffling footsteps on the carpet. This sounded like they were starting on the living room side and were coming around the partition and stopping right at the side of my bed, and it just kept repeating over and over. We tried to like debunk it. We couldn't find any source, not the air condistry unit, people upstairs, nothing, so we were a little creeped out. So do you ever have like that feeling ras where like if something creepy, paranormal explain happens, it's sometimes just easier to like joke about it than actually acknowledge, like how freaked out you truly are, I'm just trying to editthing. Yeah, so we all just joked about that, like, oh, when my grandma went to heaven, like obviously this is the place where she would spend her after life, you know, living it up in a five star resort is where I'd want.
Speaker 7: To go for sure.
Speaker 10: So nothing up to this point was like super dramatic. No like loud sound, thing getting thrown around, Nothing getting thrown around. But it just sounded like someone was just kind of casually living their life on the living room side of this hotel room, like as if my granny was just there taking care of us at night like she always did. So midway through our week there, my sister Sarah, she went to the spa on the resort, and a woman working there who did not know us at all, had no way of knowing anything. She asked Sarah if she was open to hearing about messages from the other side. And I can picture my sister internally rolling her eyes but being polite to a fault. She was probably just being nice and was like, yeah, share open interested. Sure, So the lady asked Sarah if she had recently lost a grandmotherly figure in her life, and our grandma on our dad's side the family had recently passed away, so she mentioned her and lady was like, no, no, that's not it. And after some and forth, the lady determined that our granny spirit was following my sister around the resort a little creepy, and apparently my granny communicated a message to this lady, who again knew nothing about us, had never known that we had been there before. Whatever, my granny had told her that she was so happy to see that we continued to come back to the resort after her passing, and that she was just happily following us around, watching us enjoy our vacation. I think the lady even figured out that her name started with an R and her.
Speaker 7: Name was Rita.
Speaker 10: So now, like, if this were me, I would have totally lost it and I would have asked this medium lady like a million other questions.
Speaker 7: My sister was.
Speaker 10: Totally cool about it, and when she told us about it later, she was just kind of nonchalant, like, oh, huh, isn't that so funny. So again, like we just kind of joked about it to avoid acknowledging that, like, yeah, something might actually be kind of up here. So I guess when we pushed away the thought a little too much, I think the universe just decided we need to like a real wake up call here. So in our final night in that room, just after going to bed, around like ten ten thirty, I started hearing a weird shuffling footstep sounds again, and I just had my face.
Speaker 7: Like buried by pillow trying to ignore it.
Speaker 10: And when the footsteps sounds kind of stopped again right at the side of my bed, I heard a whisper voice say something like a hey, or like a one syllable kind of thing. You just kind of did get someone's attention. I think it was hey, And I just instantly relaxed because I was sure that it was just my sister who must have been awaken, meeting me for something around the room. And at the exact second that I turned around and realized that nobody was to her, at the exact same second, I tell you, my sister did the same. We both did the same like kind of caught in your throat gasping scream from her bed on the other end of the room. At the same time that I heard the voice whispering to get my attention, she felt someone touching her shoulders in her bed, kind of like pushing her down. Almost yeah, And I knew it was serious because like my sister to get spooped by anything, and she was at a ten at a ten just like. And we also noticed that exact moment was when the digital clock between our beds was splashing midnight again.
Speaker 7: So we high tailed out of.
Speaker 10: That room so quickly, even carrying my sister's little one year old babies in his plate pen.
Speaker 7: We could do our mom and ants room across the hall.
Speaker 10: We had never been so freaked out by anything in retrospect, Like it didn't feel malicious in any way, but just trying to get our attention, so we can't reconcile it. Maybe it was like our granny's way of like getting it through our thick heads to actually notice her, or maybe some other kind of entity I don't.
Speaker 1: Know saying hi, well, I hope so, but.
Speaker 10: I don't want to, you know, get too into Maybe if it wasn't, But so we didn't go back in twenty eighteen or nineteen because it was were the years when I got married, my daughter was born, We had too much just going on. So in twenty twenty when we went back, that room had been mysteriously closed for renovations quote unquote, and last summer in twenty twenty one it had been converted back into a meeting room, nearly thirty years of no longer being used for guests after thirty years, so, which is so weird because being the biggest room in this hotel block, it's the biggest money maker. So it feels a little fishy to renovate during the busiest time of a year and then not even use that room for guests. But I don't know if there's any connection or I that's just my conspiracy theory.
Speaker 4: Wait, so what do you think do you think that granny is always in that room?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 10: I don't know, because then if anyone else ever noticed it, then my hear is then then I maybe it wasn't my granny and there's something else. Then I don't know. So we have heard other stories from guests and stuff like at the resort with just small things like you were potting a TV going on and off by itself, or there's a lounge bar in the main lobby area and apparently it smells like cigar smoke at night. The old resort owner that the bar is named after was a big cigar smoker, and of course, like smoking indoors hasn't been a thing in decades here in one area, So there's no explanation for that.
Speaker 7: One that has some yeah sorry.
Speaker 1: When you say that.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you heard somebody by your bed say hey, and then your sister felt somewhat so like what is that? Are there two different spirits or entities or whatever, or is it one with really long arms that reached to your sister and.
Speaker 7: Was exactly and then that makes it feel like.
Speaker 10: It makes it feel like it maybe isn't as you know, worm and coddly like grain anything. If it's something that's trying to like touch us at night. That so it's really hard to reconcile, like do I go all in with these lovey dovey feelings I'm excited like all that so sweet?
Speaker 7: It's my grain? Or is it like, oh I experienced something that was maybe not the nicest I don't know. It's that kind of makes it kind of a mind bender.
Speaker 4: Here whoa thank you so much to Damien, Hather, Rachel and Caroline. If you want to hear a little bit extra, go to patron dot com slash ros Dre's flast full episode. This week on there, I'm talking again about Catholic supernatural stuff. It won't be catholic stuff every time, just the first two episodes and then we'll figure out what next week will be. Please subscribe to the show, tell your friends rate at five stars, leave a five star review if you like it. You can leave a ghost story there. You can leave a ghost story in the Facebook group Ghosted by Roz Dresfales. You could email me your listeners stories at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com with the subject line listener episode. If you like me and you want to take a break from my spooky side, you could go to my Instagram at Roz Hernandez TikTok and Twitter at It's Raz Hernandez.
Speaker 1: We'll be back next week. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me.
Speaker 4: Came back.
Speaker 3: Star bands off.
Speaker 8: There a a Podcast Network,