Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Jim Steinebeck along with Carol Masser. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We're joined by Bloomberg News cross asset reporter Danita Saykovadnitza. Let's start with Telecom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at and T.
Speaker 3: Let's start with the classics stick er. T stock is up more than two percent Inardier trading is such a search as much as six percent. It's all about subscribers. It's all about bundles. The main metric that's catching my eyes monthly wireless phone subscribers that are up. It's been a very competitive field. The company is actually stilled down eight percent here today. Despite this search we're seeing. We saw some optimism across the industry Verizon team about all those stock search It's been very competitive and hard to kind of find a new you. It's like three big companies. There isn't too many new things you can offer, but they've been trying to bundle all those phone services, lower price service, just lower pro They're actually raising price, So that's not happening.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess you want to catch my attention, just lower your price.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's we move around so greatly. AT and T, if you're watching, you.
Speaker 1: Got to get on the Stanovac family plan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, Tom, are you listening?
Speaker 2: Were watching?
Speaker 3: But the convergence motto is working. One cool stat I saw forty percent of households that purchase home broadband are also buying a mobile phone service. So I guess we should bundle and combine things. Yeah, I guess it'd get a good deal. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: For a long time, our family was too big for the family plant.
Speaker 3: You weren't on it anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh, listen, for a long time I was. We weren't on it because they didn't have a big enough family plan. But then some of the companies got bigger family plans, so now the family can can be part of it.
Speaker 3: So interesting developments here. All right, let's go to So that's AT and T. Let's go to Nike. Nike is ending online sales agreements in China, potentially hundreds of distribution. They've been really trying to work on that vision. Obviously, that's been their soft spot. It's been under a lot of pressure. They're trying to get tight control over pricing inventory, and ending some of those partnerships might help that. Said, investors are not too excited about the idea. The stock is down two percent today, the ticker's anky EE, and the stock is already down thirty seven percent year today. We've seen progressis some regions, especially in North America, is doing well, but investors are especially worried about China, and it seems like this is not necessarily helping. The COO is saying they're going to do a comprehensive reset of the China operations. They're really investing in their actual shops there. They have more than two hundred physical occasions. But nevertheless, it seems like the new plan is not taken so well.
Speaker 1: These seused to be about almost one hundred and seventy eight dollars a share. That was back in late twenty two twenty one. We've talked about a lot of the troubles in China is certainly part of it. It fell in twenty twenty two, Nike felt twenty nine percent. Twenty twenty three, it fell six percent twenty twenty four, it fell twenty nine percent in twenty twenty five, it fell fourteen percent. Yeah, ticker NK Nike. Yeah, so if you've been running, if it was a hill, you're running a Nike sneakers.
Speaker 3: It's been easy because it's all but.
Speaker 2: Downhills for the most part. Wow.
Speaker 1: Oh, sorry, that was harsh.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Nike.
Speaker 3: It's an incredible, iconic brand. It's iconic, and you've been doing so many partnerships, and you know, they have a schemes partnership, they have so many things. But so far, investors are not excited.
Speaker 1: All right, listen, you know who's excited investors and they they're excited about.
Speaker 3: Yeh, super micro computer. That's what they're excited about. Shares sort as much as twenty six percent in their trading. Now we're stealing double digit, about twenty percent. The ticker, of course, is s m c I. The company said it's backloak has reached our records. We're talking more than sixty million in new orders during the quarter. That's quite the backlog. Investors are pretty excited. That said, the company hasn't been doing too well this year. It was actually declined thirteen percent before the news. It has suffered twenty eight percent fall and that was when they announced that equity offerings worth seven billion, so investors were into exciting. But those resorts are both posting. Their posting seem pretty good. They say margins are going to interrange a fifteen to seventeen percent. It's better world analysts are expecting. Everyone's looking at profitability. So clearly investors are applicated, analysts are applicated, and at least for now, for today, that's working. It's crazy how one day can change the picture for the whole year.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live catches on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.