Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty, arm Strong and Getty, and now he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: And to that end, I have created the brand new Department of Government Efficiency.
Speaker 1: Go perhaps you've heard of it.
Speaker 2: Perhaps, thank you, Elan. You're working very hard. He didn't need this. He didn't need this.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: We appreciate it. Everybody here, even this side, appreciates that.
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 2: They just don't want to admit that. Just listen to some of the appalling waste.
Speaker 1: We have already.
Speaker 2: Identified two billion dollars from HHS to provide free housing and cars for illegal aliens, Forty five million dollars for diversity, equity and inclusion scholarships in Burma, forty million dollars to improve the social and economic inclusion of sedentary migrants.
Speaker 1: Nobody knows what that is. Eight million dollars to promote.
Speaker 3: He goes on and on with a whole bunch of other good stuff that I'm happy they've cut out.
Speaker 1: Sedentary migrants. Get off your ass what nobody knows what that is? That's hilarious. And you know what one thing I noticed during the speech last night I took one for the team and watched like an hour of it, was that Trump is so used to his raucous rallies where people yell constantly while he's talking. He is utterly unflapped by heckling. He doesn't care at all. He just either addresses it or keeps going. It's up to him. Very good at that.
Speaker 3: I think that fits in with something Paul mcgala, who helped Bill Clinton get elected back in the day.
Speaker 1: He was on CNN yesterday showmanship. It is his great gift.
Speaker 3: His guy's a great showman, but he understands better than anybody, probably even better than Ronald Reagan, how to command attention.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, he's a TV star.
Speaker 3: Ronald Reagan was an actor, but that's different than being a standing up in front of a live crowd all the time TV star sort of guy.
Speaker 1: Right, Even he's just a showman through and through, and even when Trump was ninety percent just a real estate developer, he was the showman real estate developer. And other guys who went about the gig more quietly and probably more you know, effectively, or made more money. We're ill, I was saying Trump's not that big a deal, but he's a big deal when it comes to brand building.
Speaker 3: Anyway, what I wanted to bring up was the the cutting waste thing in the doage thing. And I'm annoyed by the cynics who say this is a drop in the bucket, it's a rounding error, it will make no effect. Oh I care. I want to deal with the real debt and deficit.
Speaker 1: Sure, the structural stuff is, they say.
Speaker 3: I do want to deal with that, But why would I not be in favor of getting rid of this wasteful stuff.
Speaker 1: I just I don't get that.
Speaker 3: And I've been saying I've been saying for years, but I said last week, just like in a parallel universe or if I could come back in life, one thing I'd like to try to do is, starting at age eighteen, just try to get government money. I think if you, if you put effort into it and work the system and just paid attention to the news and saw where the big chunks of money were going, you could fake up a board or an organization or a charity or a whatever and get big.
Speaker 1: Chunks of that money so easy.
Speaker 3: And I think there are millions of people across the country that do that at the county, state, and federal level.
Speaker 1: That's all they do. Well, right that Stacey, I know that sure, Like that Stacy Abrams organization we talked about. I think it was last week or early this week. They got twenty million dollars as Biden was going out the door. And their name is like it's a random hip woke word generator string together of social green justice Fairness coalition. Well, I'm allowed to get into doing anything or nothing some of that.
Speaker 3: Barry Weiss tweeted this out yesterday, this story, and it's a lot of that stuff. The Department of Justice is investigating the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund. It's a twenty seven billion dollar program that was part of Biden's seven hundred and forty billion dollar Inflation Reduction Act, which we all know was the New Green Deal called the Inflation Reduction Act, and everybody fell for it. Well people didn't fall for it, but it passed. Created in the spring of twenty twenty three and managed by the Environmental Protection Agency, the fund was supposed to be a first of its kind program to address the climate crisis while revitalizing communities that it considered historically left behind. Man, there's a lot of phrases there that make you want to grab your wallet. But Barry Weiss goes on to say, but it appears that little of the twenty seven billion dollars revitalized anything except the coffers of a range of environmental nonprofits associated with former Obama and Biden administration officials. The Biden administration used so called climate equity, another phrase that makes me want to grab my wallet. Make sure nobody steals it. The Biden administration used so called climate equity to justify handouts of billions of dollars to their far left friends Lee Zelden, for instance, the Trump administration's new EPA administer told the Financial Press, it's my utmost priority to get a handle on every dollar that went out the door in this scheme and once again restore oversight and accountability over these funds. This shrawujah, this rush job operation is riddled with conflicts of interest and corruption. A Free Press investigation reveals that of the twenty seven billion, twenty billion was rushed out the door. This is what you were talking about to eight nonprofit groups after Biden lost the election, but before Trump took office. As one former EPA official put it on a secretly recorded video. It was akin to tossing gold bars off the Titanic.
Speaker 1: It is grafted, pure and simple, and titanic amounts of it.
Speaker 3: I remember when these big trillion dollar deals passed and Steve Hayes of the Dispatch said, they're going to be unraveling for decades where this money went and how much was just ripped off because there's just so much When you have a trillion dollar deal, there's just so much money. A billion here or it's certainly fifty million here or there, nobody'll ever hear about. I mean, it's got a rise to the level of billions before the lever even make the news.
Speaker 1: But like sure, if you consider that a trillion dollars is one thousand billion, but.
Speaker 3: Some individual guy ending up with, you know, twenty million dollars, it would set you for life.
Speaker 1: Nobody will ever uncover that stuff.
Speaker 3: Anyway, back to this, the eight groups were allocated sums ranging from four hundred million to six point nine billion. Several of them were formed in August twenty twenty three, just one month after the grant applications went live. In July of twenty twenty three, when it became clear that the large nine and ten figure grants would be up for grabs.
Speaker 1: The board. We are idiots. I too, I've gotten in on that. I know. That's what I'm talking. I should have designed a fake organization in an afternoon.
Speaker 3: Please, so this passes, you get wind from your friends in Congress or whoever it is. That man, they've got like one hundred billion dollar fund. They got to get out the door. So you form some forty board the save the planet from from greenhouse gas and help the trans Commission. And you know me and my kids are on it, and my parents and and if you're friends with the righteo, they send fifty million dollars your way.
Speaker 1: Throw the word equity in there. It's just it's all powerful. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The boards and staff of these eight groups include Democratic donors, people with connections to Obama and Biden administrations, and prominent Democrats as you mentioned, like Stacy Abrams. These are some of the biggest grants to individual organizations in American history.
Speaker 1: And in your tax dollars, you bust your ass all week long. You look at your gross pay and your net pay. That's where it went. Now, do we have you tune in so we can make you angry. No, not per se, but somebody needs to be angry about this. We can't de fleeced. Like if you are complacent in the face of thievery, this egregious. You deserve the thievery.
Speaker 3: Would this be investigated, It's being investigated by the Justice Department. Would this be investigated if Kamala had won?
Speaker 1: Of course not. That's hilarious. I know why I even mention it.
Speaker 3: But the idea that when they've they had these twenty billion dollars that rushed out the door after the election, but before Trump took office, and some of these boards were invented, you know, days after this happened, and they got right anywhere between as she said, here road here between four hundred million and six point nine billion dollars.
Speaker 1: They exist to receive the money. That's why they exist. It's horrifying. It is the only way that you can combat this is to be against taxes. It's your only Who the rich going to pay their fair share of this? S no kidding, God dang.
Speaker 3: It, it's so frustrating.
Speaker 1: I mean, it makes you so cynical.
Speaker 3: Does it make you feel okay about cheating on your taxes?
Speaker 1: I don't know how it wouldn't if.
Speaker 3: You can, we certainly don't suggest that on any level. Yeah, push it as hard as you can.
Speaker 1: A word from our friends and sponsors that simply save home security. Every twenty six seconds, the burglary takes place in the US according to the FBI. No, not the one we've been describing that takes place. They're laws that make that. Okay, good lord, but this is scumbags breaking into your house and stealing your stuff, and traditional security systems only take action after someone's already broken in. That's too late. Simply safe, active guard outdoor protection can help prevent breakings before they happen.
Speaker 3: AI powered cameras backed by live professional monitoring agents. Why do I emphasize professional like they're not amateur? I should emphasize the live. Sorry I got that wrong. It's AI and live people monitoring this to catch people before they break in, so you can stop them before they actually get in your house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they can see them, talk to them, activate spotlights, call the cops. Whatever you need. No long term contracts or cancelation fees. They earn your business every day, and listen to this crazy monitoring plans start affordably at around a buck a day, visit simply safe dot com slash armstrong. You can get fifty percent off a new system with a professional monitoring plan and your first month free. Again it's simplysafe dot com slash armstrong to get fifty percent off. There's no safe like simply say.
Speaker 3: I depressed myself with that last story, and I read it last night in bed and got all angry.
Speaker 1: Oh, if we can just whip up the fervor a little bit for more fiscal conservatism in this country, we'll be doing our children and grandchildren of great service. And I don't mean you and me, I mean all of us, friends, all of us again, just oh, such SAPs. And this is one of the reasons I subscribed to the Free Press. They're doing a great job. Even when I don't agree with their conclusions. They're making honest inquiries to try to figure out what's happening, which is kind of what we do around here.
Speaker 3: Among things, we can get to this hour, quite a bit of polling. Your snap polling came out last night after the Trump's speech. Really good news for Trump, or if you're a Trump fan, I'd say that, among other things, all the way, stay.
Speaker 4: Here thirty Los Angeles County detention officers charged for allegedly facilitating these so called gladiator fights between juvenile detainees. The Attorney General says from June to December of twenty twenty three, there were sixty nine fights involving one hundred and forty three teenagers, the youngest just twelve years old. Man officers now facing charges ranging from child abuse and battery to conspiracy, and the LA County Parole Department says all current staff who have been charged are now on leave without paid.
Speaker 1: On leave are going to be fired.
Speaker 3: It's almost impossible to fire a lot of guards in a lot of prisons.
Speaker 1: But that's why they're on leaf. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought that story was disgusting when I thought it was an adult. Geez, you're pitting children against each other. Oh god, you are lots of them. You have been around and ugly crowd prisoners for so long. You've lost your humanity. You shouldn't be doing that job anymore.
Speaker 1: One of our listeners wrote, I think it was self published a book years and years and years ago, and he sent it to us, and I read part of it and I kept it. It was I think it was called how to create a monster. He'd worked in the prison system for a long time, and his thesis was that our prison system as it exists is almost like it's designed to create the hardest, meanest people we possibly can. And he was not coming at it from some sort of liberal do good or turn them all loose Gavin k newso nonsense. He was just thinking, we really ought to reimagine this if we want to create, you know, citizens that we want to have around because ninety whatever percent of them will get out eventually. Anyway, thought for evoking, Yeah, god, that's horrible. Yeah, it is a totally different topic. Here.
Speaker 3: Target Jack big target man. Through the years, I'm a stockholder. I go to Target at least once a week, sometimes multiple.
Speaker 1: It's determined to bring back some of its lost Tarje Mojo. In fact, the CEO actually use the term targe on a big call with investors. They want to refocus on their traditional strengths, exciting merchandise and a great store experience.
Speaker 3: The original appeal for me was, it's not Walmart. It's just a It's Walmart with better carts and a little cleaner.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I'm working with the Rockefeller over here. Mister fancy.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like Nate Margatzi says Target. I don't go to Target. I'm not We're not from old money.
Speaker 1: I've got to admit, and I tend to be a forgiving person. I have a really hard time for giving them, not just for like rainbow t shirts, but like selling tucking your little boy's penis garments so he can expl his transgenderism. Stuffy, it's pretty awful. That is way way, way way beyond the pale. But you might see some trying to class up the Target in a store near you. Speaking of consumer the affairs, this is literally consuming. Meet the Cali sober set. No booze, but drugs are fine. California sober, Yeah, who are I mean?
Speaker 3: Levato? Nevato? What is that singer name? She invented enough she went into rehab and then was asked about towd rehabits going she said, well, I'm California sober.
Speaker 1: I still smoke pot. So that is caught on as a term.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Here's a thirty year old gal who they focus on who has cut down her drinking since moving to southern California in twenty nineteen, and then quote started doing big doses of mushrooms instead. Now she's thirty, living in Topanga Canyon, where she whole hosts alcohol free pop up parties in the LA area where she serves mood enhancing mocktails and mushroom chocolates. All right, so alcohol is largely off the table, but psychedelics are a big part of the the social scene. I'm not sure. I mean, if you were like drinking to excess and you couldn't control it and you were hurting your health and relationships and that sort of thing, you know, what the heck, if you can just do something a little bit, I get that. But the idea that, yeah, I've given up alcohol because it's harmful and now I take powerful psychoactive drugs all the time, I would I would advise caution. They mentioned that she started dabbling with quote unquote plant medicine after cutting back on alcohol because she's tired of hangovers. Yeah, and wanted different experiences. There you go, Okay, she man, she does like all of this stuff. Yeah, California sober is mostly mocked. I think I don't think it's a thing other than big moncked. I'm a big to each your own guy. I will just tell you this, and I've said this to young people more than once. The idea of psychoactive drugs, which you know can be fine to take if you believe that, that's okay. The problem is the bargain you're striking is I'm going to alter my brain chemistry and when I'm done, it'll go back to normal. Then next week, I'm gonna alter my brain chemistry and then it'll go back to normal. And you repeat that over and over and over again, and many people eventually their brain says, yeah, I'm not going back to normal. I can't anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joe Rogan Elon and a lot of people swear by it changed their lives forever in a profound way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not cynical about it. I'm just again advising caution. I'd hate to ruin my brain over it. You only got to one what kind of you know, be minus as it is, and sometimes you get ruined like the first try. Right, it can happen. Yeah, that would suck.
Speaker 3: They did some snap polling on Trump's speech last night. Man, pretty good reasons aults, breaking down different issues and everything like that. He's got to be happy with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's probably great results because it was so great and kicks.
Speaker 3: If you miss this that's coming up. If you missed a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on.
Speaker 1: Demand Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: We have Marco Rubio in charge.
Speaker 1: Good luck Marco.
Speaker 2: Now we know who to blame if anything goes wrong. Marco has been amazing and he's going to do a great job.
Speaker 3: So Marco Rubyo is the Secretary of State. A lot going on foreign policy wise. But there was reporting yesterday, although all with unnamed sources. See, you never have any idea if there's a grain of truth that these stories are not.
Speaker 1: But there was some reporting yesterday.
Speaker 3: I forget where I saw it, real publication that Marco Ruby is not happy with how being Secretary of State has turned out, because it seems like Trump and Vance and others are making foreign policy decisions kind of on the flow, saying them out loud without his input or his knowledge of what direction they're doing. It wouldn't shock me that that's true. No, that's not an insane thing to claim. No, but get into the speech in general. So what are you calling last night's.
Speaker 1: Speech the sootach the state of the ass kicking?
Speaker 3: So Trump gives the longest speech ever for one of those things, and the Democrats sat for everything that's never happened before. And that's a new deal, no matter what that mean to me. Kid to beat cancer. They didn't stand in cheer.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, well, Debbie Dingle of Michigan, I'm not stealing your thunder here, am I. She actually plugged her ears and rolled her eyes as people were a plodding for the little kid who's fighting cancer. Good look, Debbie. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then some of the issues that they won't stand for. You know, we're gonna end men in women's sports. Nobody stood really, not even one, not a single vote the other day, not even in some of those districts, like whatever that woman was that gave the the rebuttal speech last night, she was pretty good from Michigan, but they chose her because Trump won her district and she won as a Democrat. Even districts like that, there's not somebody that wants to stand up and say, you know, I kind of think dudes shouldn't be in girls' sports either. That's just shocking that they're that uniform on such a what seemed to me settled issue anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, dissent is allowed in the Democratic Party. Before I get to some of the poet and even Politico thought the democrats attempt at pushback fell flat. Politico wrote today, Oh yeah, Rich Lowry.
Speaker 3: Rich Lowry, who's a man of the right but definitely not a Trump fan, said, Uh, most people watching that speech will be a loss for what they were supposed to disagree with and wonder why Democrats were so glum and disagreeable. Well, that would fit in with some of the polling that came out the CNN snappole. Among speech watcher views of Trump's speech, approve, seventy six percent disapproved twenty three So seventy six twenty three approve. Among speech watchers' issues you care about almost two thirds, a lot, twenty eight percent, a little ten percent, none at all. So speech made you feel hopeful, proud, worried, or angry. Those are the options. Sixty eight percent hopeful, Uh, over half prad for all of the quote unquote controversy, it had a very positive vibe to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In the speech, Trump was presidential, entertaining, inspiring, unifying, divisive. Three quarters said presidential, three quarters said entertaining. Seventy one percent inspiring, sixty two percent unifying, and less than half divisive. Now, my first thought upon seeing these numbers was, well, maybe only Republicans watched, and it's not only Republicans, but it was heavily Republicans. Party identification of speech watchers fifty one percent Republicans, and then you split it among independents and Democrats for the rest. But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the numbers are on that. Usually.
Speaker 3: I know, I've looked at these snap polls over the years, and they're usually not that overwhelmingly favorable for a Democrat or a Republican. I don't know about the makeup of the audience. Do you remember is the Is it always the case? I mean, I'm sure it's always the case that if you have a democratic president, more Democrats watching Republicans and vice versa.
Speaker 1: Yes, sure, But is it overwhelmingly that way? I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I don't remember either, have we Is that just like part of the new era we're in where only Republicans are going to watch a Republican president, only democrats away, and so all of this will be skewed.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that. Given the fact that the state of the Union address has just become a campaign speech, you know, whether it's Joe Biden or halfway Kamala Harris or Barack Obama. I heard they're jabbering plenty. I didn't. You know, if I could do this for a living, why do I want to tune into one of his campaign speeches? So it's probably pretty heavily partisan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so then if that's the fact, well, so it's half Republicans. The fact that three quarters of people thought the speech was great, that means you're doing better than just Republicans.
Speaker 1: Uh. Yeah, Well again, depending on the distribution of the audience Republicans, Independence, and Democrats, which isn't clear to me. You didn't mention that, right, or did you?
Speaker 3: Over half Republicans watch the speech of watchers over half a Republicans, Yeah, and then twenty seven percent Independence, twenty percent Democrats.
Speaker 1: Okay, sorry, I was thinking of other things and missed that. But yeah, clearly I was going to say, yeah, Republicans are watching, but a lot of you know, Trump agnostic or Trump friendly independence, I'm sure watch too. It was a really good the first chunk of it was a really good speech. How he went deep into the night. I don't get why he does that. Maybe you're right, he's just trying to generate more sound bites because most people take it in through the echo chamber. But it was good. It was terrific. And I'm highly trump skeptical on a lot of things. Everybody knows that, but as a celebration of the progress and rallying the country behind the things he's trying to do that we all agree on, eliminating government waste, getting men out of women's sports and women's private places, all that stuff. I thought he presented it in a very down to earth, easy to digest way. I thought it was very effective. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I saw Jeff Greenfeld, he wrote a piece for Politico fairly praising of Trump's speech from his standpoint, I mean, because a smart pundit, if you're not just a naked partisan, you would say, I mean, you would say, even if you hate Trump, I hate Trump. I hate everything he's doing. But that was good for him. That was a win for him, which is I saw a number of people say, oh, that's what everybody on the Dispatch said last night. Dispatch is a conservative publication. If you don't know what website. None of them like Trump, but they all thought it was a net win for Trump.
Speaker 1: Definitely last night.
Speaker 3: Politico writing today, the actual headline is giving Bingo Democrats silent protest against Trump falls flat. That's the everybody holding up the little signs that say various things. Looking at the signs, must steals, save Medicaid, protect veterans.
Speaker 1: Okay, just false.
Speaker 3: One of the problems with those signs I saw pointed out on social media was they were so easily mimable. It takes very little pharoshop skill to change those signs into all kinds of ridiculous things that a lot of people write, right, I'm a moron or whatever.
Speaker 1: Well, and the great grand standing moment at the beginning of the thing where al Green, the ancient lunatic who even Democrats wish would die. They don't say that on the record, of course, but they want it, the fact that he was the big grand standy I'm against Trump leader, an ancient lunatic shaking his cane. I mean, it was beyond parody. It was the stuff of like a really good Saturday Night Live sketch.
Speaker 3: Well, an ancient lunatic I'd never heard of. And I follow politics more closely obviously than most people do the pulling on that. Seventy six percent of people approved of carrying that old guy out of there. I was hoping he was gonna like shove one of those dudes or like, you know, make a real.
Speaker 1: Scene, right, try to turn it into you know, the Selma March or something like that, because that was the thing. I wasn't sure how I was gonna go because it was so obviously performing, right, I mean, it was new he was gonna get kicked out for that.
Speaker 3: He was told Stopper, he'll get kicked out, and he kept on with the hopes that he would get kicked out.
Speaker 1: Right, exactly, it was just so according to an obvious script. Mostly it was eye rolling and chuckling at the whole idiotic exhibition. And then Annie went on. Trump went with a speech.
Speaker 3: Yeah, AnyWho, that's that. Nobody will even remember. It happened by Friday.
Speaker 1: Oh, the getting kicked out of the speech now the whole speech. Yeah. The only effect it might have is it was a bigger audience than usual for look at the crazy s we've found in the budget, or trying to save your taxpayer dollars. That part was really effective. Could nudge the needle We've.
Speaker 3: Got such big stories, like real stories going on right now. The tariff thing, depending on how long that lasts, that's going to be the talk of the country if it lasts very long and people start seeing significant price increases. And then the whole Ukraine Russia thing, which could go. Who knows how that's going.
Speaker 1: To turn out, and that might just be a single theater of the alleged greater scheme to switch away from the American led rules based international order to more spheres of influence great nations, old timey way to arrange the globe.
Speaker 3: Am I right that Trump said We're going to get Greenland last night? I don't know I read that up there. I don't know if we have that we have that clip, Penson, but I read it up on the sorry one about it. Trump said to Greenland will be ours. Oh, here you go seventy six.
Speaker 2: And I also have a message tonight for the incredible people of Greenland. We strongly support your right to determine your own future, and if you choose, we welcome you into the United States of America. We need Greenland for national security and even international security, and we're working with everybody involved to try and get it, but we need it really for international world security. And I think we're going to get it one.
Speaker 1: Way or the other. We're going to get it one way or the other. Okay, there you go.
Speaker 2: We will keep you say, we will make you rich, and together we will take Greenland to heights like you have never thought possible before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just to install fifty million space heaters around to warm the place up, that'd be a start. Well, it reminds me of the Panama strategy where he's talking about taking the canal back by force. And yesterday, if you didn't hear this, we mentioned it lay Dish in the show that an American company, well black Rock Investments, that the investment giant had bought the port facilities at either end of the canal from the Hong Kong based company that had been running them. So you know, and I've said this from the beginning, he's angling toward an enhanced security agreement with Greenland and it's Danish overlords. I can hardly see the road with the heat rising up on the horizon. Panama, Wow, Greenland.
Speaker 3: So he actually wants Greenland, though I don't think this is just a point and I as a what a territory or whatever. We would make it like something like what Guam is or something. But I've read a number of pundits that I was surprised that were like, all in, oh, yeah, we should absolutely find a way to get Greenland. It's very important to the future of the safety.
Speaker 1: Of the world and everything like that. Now, but I agree completely for the record.
Speaker 3: It's not up to the green Greenlanders, is isn't it up to the Danes? Don't they own Greenland or someone?
Speaker 1: Well, they've got a pretty good right of self determination to the extent that I understand the Danish system. I understand a nice Danish with a cup of coffee. But yeah, the people of Greenland decide there faith.
Speaker 3: The population of fifty six thousand. Buy them each car, vote for it. I'll buy a car. Well, it cost us nothing. Why are you so belligerent? You are the ugly American. This disgusts me.
Speaker 1: Here's what's going to happen. Here's all Trump is saying. And this goes again to the here's our sphere of influence, there's your sphere of influence. We won't screw with yours. You don't screw with ours. New world order that they're talking about building. We have to have Greenland to protect the Arctic Circle and the northern shipping and military passages. And it might be some sort of protectorate status. It might just be here's what he's going for, a one hundred percent certain alliance with Greenland or Denmark, or we own it so that we always know it's on our side in our sphere of influence, in whatever shape that takes.
Speaker 3: You want Santa under the control of the Chinese, We need Greenland?
Speaker 1: Is that what you want? I was reading some really interesting stuff about Greenland the other day. Do we have time for this? I find that hard to believe. Uh what No, I was super interesting. If you're into mining logistics, and you know me mining logistics, getting the crap out of the ground there may be one of the most logistically daunting tasks anybody's ever imagined. Giant mining company after mining companies looked into it, seen the enormous wealth to be extracted and said no.
Speaker 3: But couldn't we not literally bribe them, like give you a car, but make it clear to him your economy's going to be so different if you come under the sway of the United States, You're all going to be.
Speaker 1: Wealthy for one thing. Yeah, if we could promise them that, I think we can. Can we sure? What do you know about mining logistics? Nothing? And I wasn't reading about it the other day and the adults are talking all right here? Who are twenty six twenty point games this year? Lebron col for three twenty two seasons, forty years of age, what contests fifty thousand and two.
Speaker 3: Points is already the leading scorer in NBA history. Now he is by a lot, hitting fifty thousand points. Nobody thought that would ever be possible. It helps if you start when you're eighteen and are really really good, but.
Speaker 1: Until you're sixty five. Apparently that seems to be the plan.
Speaker 3: He's forty, and they are in first place in their division, and they got one of the best players in the NBA to join him, and he's young Luka Doncic, and they're gonna be a finals contender.
Speaker 1: That'll be fun to watch. I think.
Speaker 3: I was just watching some news, and you know how during COVID, people weren't going into studios, so guests on TV were doing their thing from home, which was new, but it is continued. A lot of people or organizations have decided, what do we make an you drive clear across New York or DC, or fly across the country or whatever to be in the studio when you can just do it from home. And then also the whole not only am I not gonna throw on a suit, I'm not even gonna throw on a decent shirt.
Speaker 1: Or put away the cereal bowl on the counter behind me.
Speaker 3: It's just amazing how many people just don't care.
Speaker 1: And I'm not sure it matters. So what difference does it make? Yeah, it's funny. I've done enough of that. I've tried to come up with a perfect background, you know, the right books and the right look and all that. Eh. Then I see some like great pundits whore and this is true a lot in DC. You see their background and you realize, oh, you have much more influence than money because they're you know, doing their shot from a very very modest basement room there in Dcah. Hey, I want to mention this.
Speaker 3: So I met brought up on the show yesterday that Dolly Parton's husband died of all weird stories, but she had been married to the same guy for sixty years and met him when at the laundromat when she was eighteen.
Speaker 1: He saw her devil too. I've seen pictures back in the day.
Speaker 3: He saw him for the first saw her for the first time, thought I'm going to marry that girl. And he did two years later, and they stayed married the whole time, and very happily married from all accounts from both of them. But this, yes, interesting. Yesterday I saw this, tweeted out Carl Dean. That's Dolly Parton's husband. Married young, gave zero fs about fame and fortune. He laid us asphalt for a living. He ran an asphalt laying company for sixty years, married to a very famous woman. Zero Facebook posts, zero tweets, ten for ten life legend. Yeah, just so somebody you had no interest in putting his opinion out there about everything that happens in the world, or any opinions about anything. Just gonna live my life. I don't care how famous I could be or how much attention I could get.
Speaker 1: I just don't care. Worked hard and loved a woman, It's all right. Why don't more people do that? You'd be happier. Lust for fame is difficult to explain. It seems to be damn near Universe. We do four hours.
Speaker 3: If you miss an hour, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty