Speaker 1: So yesterday Larry Hoover was commuted on a federal level by President Donald Trump. For people who don't understand what that means, that means that basically we talked about this in Front Page News this morning, his charges on the federal level will be like excused or overlooked. But anything else you're still dealing with, you still have to deal with. And Larry Hoover is very much so still dealing with a two hundred year sentence for murder on the state level. Yes, state level.
Speaker 2: So he's not free.
Speaker 3: No, he's not saying welcome home and all that he is.
Speaker 1: No, he is not coming home. He is not walking out. Ain't no welcome home Larry Hoover partyes'.
Speaker 3: You know what I meant.
Speaker 1: That's why I text you on the group land.
Speaker 3: What is commutation or what is community?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He was, Yeah, he was moving him from one person to the other.
Speaker 1: I didn't know Chance Rapper was one of the people who actually posted online. He didn't understand what was happening.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen, hey, Before I let y'all politicize this or memify this, I just got to say I am glad that Larry Hoover's home, and I got to remind y'all that he was a political prisoner that was set up by the federal government that he created the was the Chicago votes. He did so many things to like to really like mobilize our people, and he was really targeted for that. And so before I get to Coonan or doing whatever they're gonna do with this information, I just wanted to say, I'm so glad that he's home and God bless his family, and yeah, thank god.
Speaker 3: Chance aren't my feelings because that's just spreading such misinformation, and Chance is way smarter than that. You know, if you just read a little bit more chance, you would know he's not coming home. But that just lets me know all chance they was read the headlines or saw J.
Speaker 1: Prince's post. J Prince of laugh a lot over in Houston. You don't even sorry, y'all, okay, posted yesterday, and when he posted, his caption literally said Larry Hoover has been partoned by Donald Trump. So even when I post day and people were upset, I posted it exactly with what J. Prince said because I knew people were going to be upset about it, because it doesn't mean that he's walking out of the anywhere today or tomorrow at the bar he was commuted. So to explain a bit really quick, who Larry Hoover was. He was the co founder Against the Disciples, which was a Chicago based gang that, according to police, engaged in drug trafficking, extortion, and murder, which is why he's going through everything he's going through right now.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: We talked to Larry Hoover's son because I was trying to get clarification for you guys on what this actually means and what the state level looks like for Larry Hoover right now. There was so much misinformation going around with a lot of people thinking that, you know, what we saw yesterday with Trump and everything that was announced with Larry Hoover meant that your dad was going to walk out of you know, the federal prison and you know, be clear of everything today like right now.
Speaker 5: Right. So I've been speaking on this anytime. I was in a few and I was trying to let people know that he was being held under Jewish due the jurisdiction, which is he's been held under state law and he has been held under federal law at the same time. So he still had two cases to fight, so he had to fight the federal case and he still had to fight the state case. So now he's dealing with the state case. I don't really know the law owner. They I heard that it was illegal to help hold a person under jeurishdiction, which they don't usually do, but they never uplifted the state case when they took him in a federal custom. So now we're dealing with state law now.
Speaker 1: So I know that you guys have like this movement that you're trying to do work when it comes to the state things you guys are asking for like local leadership that would actually be able to do anything. Is it like lessen the sentence or what are you asking for on the state level.
Speaker 5: Okay, so my father is actually a C number, and C numbers were because you know, people have a misunderstanding everything that's going on. People are talking about the narrative of who they say my father is and what he has done. We're going back to his statecase and he was sentenced as a seat number. A seat number were men that were sentenced in the seventies, and they gave him indetermined systems. So his sentence was to be at least two hundred years, and he has to go to the parole board every It was supposed to be every year, and when we went to court last they wanted to make it five years, but the lawyers fought and they made it made it three years. So the seat numbers go to the parole board. They don't have a determined amount of time. They go to the parole board and it's up to them to decide whether they deserve to be paroled. And when my father went to be paroled last time, they said that he didn't do what they needed him to do, even though he was in the eighty X and it was no way possible for him to do the things that they needed to do. They saying like, oh, you didn't take classes, you didn't do this, to try to show show that you was thankful on him, that you regret what you did. But at the same time he's locked in the closet underground in Colorado.
Speaker 1: And then when I posted on online, I knew that the natural pushback would be but this man is responsible for you know, the like I mentioned, there is alleged drug traffic and extortion and murder. So I ask his son, like, this is how people feel. They feel like, you're we're glorifying someone who caused all of these things in the community. What do you say to that? And here's what he said.
Speaker 5: People just say that they don't understand who he is. They listen to the narrative of people that don't know what they're talking about. Can they tell you people that he has caused to be killed or that he has said killed or killed hisself. He's been in prison all of this time. Right now, we're fighting up. We're fighting the stadcase that happened when he was twenty two years old, when he was a baby, and they said that he gave the call for somebody to be murdered, and his raft on the case said that he did the murder and he was released. That's what we're fighting with right now. Right The stuff that those people are talking about are He'll say rumors. I'm not saying that my father wasn't in leadership at one point and wasn't involved in the streets. But he's on he's had transformation. He was an illiterate, dyslexic child. When he went to jail, he told himself how to read, He told himself how to become a man. He educated himself. He went to college, he became a a paramedic. You know, he taught classes. But he went in as a dyslestic kid. He couldn't read, and he told hisself nobody told him. Like people are speaking of who they think he is and what the rumors of him are. They don't know who he is. They need to look bustled. They need to hear real information instead of listening to rumors that have been passed around the city. See, we're fighting the monster the picture that they painted, but we're not. They don't know anything about Larry Who. If it was if they know about Larry Who, they would understand that he wants the same thing that these people want. He's not for kids dying in the streets. He's not for ladies being raped and harm. He's not for man. He's a peaceful individual. He's for everything for black people.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciate that. Thank you so much for joining us. And so what's your car to action? What do you I saw something on the lobbyesterday. You guys were tagging who is the poor person? You guys are tagging? Is it the governor? Mayor?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's at wor Principale. That's his Instagram and then as Gmail is governor at Illinois dot gov. We want to reach out to God to Priscal to tell him to ask him to sign the paper to give my father a second chance of life. We're fighting a case from when he was twenty two years old in which his rappie said that he committed the crime and he was released. We're not fight We shouldn't be fighting the rumors. We should be fighting what the real situation is. That was the problem in the first place. If the law applied, he would have been released because of the law. Everybody that was on his case with him, they was released because of the first step back, because the time didn't amount for the time that they gave him, and all of his rapis were released. But because he was Larry Hoover, they didn't agree with the law. And I had to thank Donald Trump for going above the law to give my father an opportunity. And now, as far as the staycas is concerned, can we please follow the law. We're supposed to believe in justice and our If we supposed to believe justice and followed the law, the law needs to work for us and our governor says he believes in transformation, He believes in he believes in rehabilitation. He believes in redemption. And my father has rehabilitated itself. He has transformed from the young man that he once was, and he deserves redemption. He's folk. I mean, he's been there. Imagine living in the closet for thirty years. Close your eyes and go in your closet and stay there. Can you stay there for thirty years? You don't think he's regretful for what he did? Do you think he would be interested in coming back to the world and being a part of criminology. He's a senior, he's an elderly man. This picture behind me is not who he is right now.
Speaker 1: Larr Hoover is not There's no welcome home Laron Hoover parties today or tomorrow. It's not happening. They're trying to get things handled on the state level. But even if so, at what I think in what they're trying to do is they want less. They know that he there's no way that he's going to walk free one hundred percent, but they want less. They feel like it's over assessive and as you heard of Sin say, they feel like he's a changed person out he should be looked at as that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, two hundred years, two hundred years in prison is crazy, but I can't see it happening only because of who the governor is. The governor is uh JB JB. Pritzer, he's a Democrat.
Speaker 2: They're trying to put some I guess pressure on them, get the public to start writing letters and things like that, but maybe don't give it.
Speaker 1: Then they were online yesterday on Instagram Live. I was on there. There was on there for about an hour getting people to tag them and saying call his office. And I'm like, I don't know if that's going to work because Larry Hoover was such a big name, the case was such a big thing, Like, I don't know if he cares. And then yeah, so that's it.
Speaker 2: That is the latest with Lauren you head in the court now, yes, all right, all right, Well she'll give us a update later on to what happened in the did he trial? Everybody else, let's get to the mix of people's choice mix. It's the Breakfast Club, Good morning, Wake that ass.
Speaker 3: Up in the morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club