Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty and now he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: What sort of fabulous information can people expect this hour?
Speaker 3: Oh so much? Jack.
Speaker 5: First of all, super interesting free speech debate going on right now. As people are posting online nasty stuff about law enforcement, including federal law enforcement. When does that cross the line. When is doxing doxing? When is a threat a threat? And the social media companies, when do they say, yeah, super Joe one, two three is actually Joe Getty and give that information to the authorities. Tough one, tough one. So we'll talk about that among other things. Plus, I don't know if you heard, there's an islamunist who is going to be the senatorial candidate in Michigan. More on that as well.
Speaker 4: So as we all know, dudes declaring their women and then participating in women's sports has been a story for a while, particularly bothersome at the child level. Among adults, it's a different thing. We can have our conversations bit man in high school.
Speaker 5: But any any school sports, including universities, I think it's abhorrent.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, true, the high school girls that miss out on their dream of being the fastest girl in the state of Massachusetts because some boy outran or just so ridiculous, and it keeps getting it's going in the right direction. You got the whole thing with the w NBA player, the tall, blonde, attractive woman, Sophie cunning Cunningham, who made a very mild statement of I don't think guys should be allowed to play in girls' sports, And now every game she goes to. I was watching some of this yesterday. God, that would suck the people with the hateful signs and booing her every time she touches the ball because she said something that.
Speaker 6: Ninety percent of the country agrees with.
Speaker 4: She gets booed every time she touches the ball, and people just angry.
Speaker 6: I mean, they're just, oh, I hate that person.
Speaker 5: That's because the trans thing bears so many earmarks of religion that there are articles of faith and things you must not say. There are mortal sins and that sort of thing. You can't reason with them because they're not coming from a place of reason. They're coming from a place of religious cultism.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you know who the number one women's tennis player in the world is at this point, I did not know Arnya Sabolenka. Anyway, she's the number one women's tennis player in the world, and she got some attention yes day when she said, I think it's really important to keep the fairness in our tour.
Speaker 6: It's obviously biological.
Speaker 4: The men are way stronger than the women's so I feel like it would not really be fair for women to compete against biological men. That was her super strong statement that. I mean, she went with the biological man thing that I know you hate, but she's saying, if you're born a guy, you can't compete against us in the girls tennis or you shouldn't.
Speaker 3: It's not fair.
Speaker 4: Once again, I mean, just it's not even a close issue in terms of you put it to the public. And we've played this clip before, Venus and Serena Williams both saying they wouldn't they couldn't win a single set against the.
Speaker 3: Best tumber one hundred player in the world.
Speaker 4: They well mentioned yesterday the fastest woman in the world, Flow Joe, set the record in nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 6: It stood that long. A thousand high.
Speaker 4: School boys beat that record this year. That's the difference between boys and girls. I don't even know why.
Speaker 6: We need the disclaimer if that takes nothing away from the girls, it's just it's just a fact.
Speaker 2: Lie.
Speaker 4: I actually think women's tennis this is more entertaining than men's tennis. I don't feel that way about basketball, but I do feel that way about the tennis and the racist for racists, they're they're they're equal, So it doesn't really make any difference in terms of watching the race to me.
Speaker 6: But you can't have them compete against each other.
Speaker 5: It's nuts, I know, and it's been seen as so nuts. You don't even need to make the argument until about a decade ago or even less than that.
Speaker 4: So which one of these w NBA coaches do we want to hear from?
Speaker 3: First? Let's go in order. Why not?
Speaker 4: Okay, this is coach Natalie Nicassi or Nicaise here she goes.
Speaker 2: For me, sports is about belonging. It's about inclusivity. It's about allowing everyone to be their authentic self. You know, I'm big on that. Just because I have been criticized for my height, for my ethnicity, I've been in those you shouldn't belong here many times, and for me, I don't want that space, especially Gold and State, to ever.
Speaker 3: I feel like that.
Speaker 2: So I'm all about women, little girls deserving to play, and that includes trans women. So I'm all about inclusivity.
Speaker 5: Started with absurdity, went to irrelevant, and ended within defensible. Well done, coach. The left always comes at you with those code words, those agreed upon words like inclusivity. What does that mean? Does that include a man? Does that include a heal a monster? Does that include I don't know, a committee of four people who identify as one so you can put you know, in effect, eight people on the court. What do you mean by inclusivity? It's just it's just a role. But it's just, uh, it's a it's greeting card rhetoric.
Speaker 4: As I often say, Well that that last sentence, particularly including a trainswoman might come back to haunter her.
Speaker 6: Here's here's yet another WNBA coach.
Speaker 1: The narrative that I think that is problematic is to suggest that number one, that transgender athletes are the biggest problem in women's scores.
Speaker 3: And now I think this is what's bothers.
Speaker 6: Some made that there is a faction of people in.
Speaker 1: Our country that are making this a massive issue.
Speaker 6: We have some issues.
Speaker 1: Number one, we need to protect trans kids, every kid.
Speaker 3: To me, it's a human's rights.
Speaker 4: Issue, okay, humans pride issue. That you let trans women play in the WNBA. You got at least two coaches on the record saying that, and now you have this which is very exciting for all of us here at the show that there is now a trans woman dominating European women's basketball professional basketball who says he she is open to the idea of paying in the WNBA if somebody would ask her to play. She averaged twenty one point twenty rebounds this season, one.
Speaker 5: Saying she, I just I don't get it. Why would you use their language?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I get a kick out of it for some reason. I understand your point. I understand you.
Speaker 6: I've done it in my mind.
Speaker 5: It's in quotes and and highlighted. You gotta make it more obvious.
Speaker 4: She but she one player of the year, defensive player in the year, and domestic player of the year in France, record breaking campaign and if you haven't seen the highlights, I mean, the dude is so much bigger.
Speaker 6: Than all the other girls on the court.
Speaker 4: And man, they go up for a lamp and he just swats it into the stag.
Speaker 3: Oh and dude has guns too, I mean big guides.
Speaker 4: It's not just the advantages of being a dude.
Speaker 6: It's a big, big four a dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's got the sort of muscle mass only a male can accumulate without, you know, incredible outside interventions, you know, drugs and stuff. Uh, yeah, it's this is absolutely the hilarious test case that many of us have been waiting for.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm making the challenge right now. W NBA owners and coaches. Yeah, if you are not recruit and signing this person, you are by definition transphobic.
Speaker 5: You're betraying your your team ownership and fans. Do they have stockholders? Because you have a fiduciary duty to do everything you can to win and you're in Dick's inclusivity.
Speaker 3: So you got to hire the dude. You've just got to.
Speaker 6: Or are you going to admit you're transphobic.
Speaker 4: You cannot argue why the best player in that league can at least be a backup on one of your WNBA teams unless you're transphobic.
Speaker 3: Oh see what every record in the league history.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be amazing.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 5: I'll make this pledge to coach Nick Casey or Ni case and coach Reeve of the Valkyries and Links.
Speaker 3: I don't even know where.
Speaker 5: Those teams play. I will buy a season ticket if you draft and play this gentleman.
Speaker 6: Uh season ticket? You have to skip a night out eating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's so, let's go to make sure because it can. It can sound like gloating that men are better it it sports them, which not. The point is you you said something indefensible and stupid.
Speaker 6: You said that guys aren't don't.
Speaker 4: Have an advantage, or that it is fair to let them play against girls. That's what you're saying, And that's nuts.
Speaker 5: Are you just blah blah blah inclusive blah blah blah welkin ming blah blah blah. So I guess she can play? All right, Let's see how that goes. Let's do this. Calling your bluff, sweetheart, calling your bluff, Katie.
Speaker 4: You were an actual high school basketball player, did you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Would the w NBA exist.
Speaker 6: If they let dudes play in it? No, That's what I'm saying is the WNBA would.
Speaker 7: Not exist because there's two separate categories of sports going on?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 3: Are you saying there are only two sexes? Yes? I am?
Speaker 6: I am, and I were that hell down that hill?
Speaker 3: Oh lord?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, Donald Trump weighs in. He's a billionaire who knows maybe he'll buy a team and own it. He's got an idea on how please, he's got an idea on how he would handle it.
Speaker 6: And this is what he said.
Speaker 8: And I'll tell you what, if I were ever, I'd be the greatest woman's basketball coach at history. Because I don't like Lebron James. I like Michael Jordan much better, but i'd.
Speaker 6: But I'd go up to Lebron James.
Speaker 8: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 9: I say, Lebron, did you ever have any desire to be a woman? Because what I'd love you to do is star on my team that I'm building up.
Speaker 8: I will have the greatest team in history. They'll never lose.
Speaker 9: Nobody who will come within seventy points of this team. Now, we have to change that, and we have to make it okay to talk about it.
Speaker 5: Always one of those college volleyball teams had gone with five dudes.
Speaker 3: That would have been the other way.
Speaker 5: To just crack this wide open and have people force people to recognize the absurdity of their bizarro critical theory, you know theories.
Speaker 4: Well would it? Though, as I think about it, we do have examples. We've had it in California. We've seen it a couple of different states where some dude is just absolutely dominated girls track in high school and they just let it happen.
Speaker 3: So maybe let's get evolved.
Speaker 5: It has evolved a lot, because remember California has now gone to the well, why don't you both get on the podium and we'll give you both a first place, recognizing that their position is indefensible.
Speaker 7: When I was in high school, they had us scrimmage the boys team to make us better. Sure, so if the boys were playing with us, we all would have gotten our asses.
Speaker 3: Kicked well right right if they're gone full.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And that was like one of the big things where right before a big game, we played the boys team to make sure that, you know, we were up to the standard against the other girls.
Speaker 6: But like we had to like jump that.
Speaker 7: Barrier, sure women with us or against us in the actual tournament, No, because that would be absurd.
Speaker 5: Until roughly six seven years ago, our women's US national soccer team is lost.
Speaker 3: To high school teams.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's and again and again, most of you've heard this before, and we don't need to say this, but.
Speaker 3: We are both.
Speaker 5: I am a huge supporter of girls sports, women's sports athletics in general for girls who are interested in and I think it's a wonderful thing right up through the collegiate level whatever. It's at the point that it becomes professional entertainment. You're asking people to pretend that because men and women in our quote unquote equal, it's equally entertaining, and it's just not. It isn't that in no way that does not won one half of a percent diminish the value of girls sports.
Speaker 3: It's two different questions. So that's one thing.
Speaker 4: Well, and like I said, well it's all in the Entertainment's in the eye of the beholder. I actually think women's tennis is more fun to watch in men's tennis.
Speaker 5: For a variety of reasons. But it's irrelevant to the point anyway.
Speaker 6: Yes, but will.
Speaker 4: They if this guy comes over and does do really, really well in the league, well they just we're roll with it.
Speaker 6: Let him be the MVP.
Speaker 5: It will be a beautiful moment for truth defeating radical ideology.
Speaker 6: You know, to be the best.
Speaker 4: They put him on the same team as Caitlin Clark and Sophie Cunningham. All Right, we're gonna take you to your word and we're going to win the championship until you come honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Wow wow, Yeah.
Speaker 5: We're gonna win every game by seventy five points until you say this is crazy.
Speaker 3: Let's do this.
Speaker 4: Any thoughts on that text line four one five kftc.
Speaker 5: Armstrong.
Speaker 10: The Sifaka lemur is only found on the island of Madagascar, and with deforestation shrinking their habitat, the species is on the verge of extinction, just like East Africa's pancake tortoise, whose flat soft shell helps it hide from predators but not poachers. They're among the one hundred critically endangered animals that the celebrity funded Phoenix Species Project wants to say. Christian Sanpierre is managing director of the Bezos Earth Fund, which is contributing one hundred million dollars. Leonardo DiCaprio's Rewild organization is matching the donation. The money for the program is part of a broader commitment from Bezos to spend ten billion dollars on climate change by twenty thirty.
Speaker 4: The last part, Uh, I was a sinking during that. It's like that that see'd be that cool thing about being ultra wealthy where you could do stuff like that, Oh, you cut through all kinds of red tape and get things done that no government organization will or can. Then you had to throw in that ten billion dollar climate change thing that'll probably mostly be wasted on crap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, almost entirely.
Speaker 4: Sure, at the behest of his big lipped wife.
Speaker 6: Probably I put all the blame on her for me.
Speaker 3: Wow and her lips. What is it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So Bezos and Leonardo DiCaprio teaming up to try to save all kinds of including lemurs, my peopils, King Julia.
Speaker 5: One of the foremost lemurs in American society.
Speaker 4: Yes, my peoples love me, but glad they can save those animals.
Speaker 5: That reminds me, not me, but a guy I know has a name who trapped an opossum the other day. He's got a trap out there and he's caught a couple of things. But no, no, because well that's my question. Well I didn't ask him. Do possums do any harm? I just they climbed trees and play dead.
Speaker 3: Right. I suppose I could have looked it up, but I don't care enough.
Speaker 6: So get into your trash can and stuff like that. I suppose that that's.
Speaker 3: Kind of thing raccoons do that trash pandas.
Speaker 6: Famously I've had opossums in.
Speaker 3: My haven't haven't had that experience.
Speaker 4: Raccoon's trying to talk. Welcome to possum Talk like we do every Wednesday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have no idea. Isn't a possum ever? Done you wrong? Drop us a note mail bag and Armstrong e geeddy dot com.
Speaker 4: Trying to think what was the animal my dog killed that I had to dispense of with Soji? That was a raccoon. Giant freaking raccoon. It was so heavy I could hardly lift it. It's quite the nasty fight with my dog too.
Speaker 3: Wow. Wow, that's a that's a a chilling tale. You should tell that in full.
Speaker 5: Also, we'll check in with the Thank God, the Charlie Kirk conspiracies.
Speaker 3: Holy cow, people will believe anything. You'll believe anything.
Speaker 6: Well, that's troubling. Okay, that's on the way. If you miss it, get the.
Speaker 3: Podcast Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: Have we talked much about our budding video project.
Speaker 3: Not very much at all, though.
Speaker 6: Is there a reason we should or shouldn't talk about that?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: We're hoping to be on YouTube soon the show live. Is it gonna be live or not live? Relatedly, I don't think live at first.
Speaker 6: To us, YouTube is a new thing.
Speaker 3: Well, it'll be.
Speaker 5: It'll be a podcast on YouTube, which you know, for a minute they called a vodcast.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, when it airs, it's live and then you can watch it at any time. What do you think that'll do to us or for us?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 6: I know what it'll do to me. Well, this mockery of my appearance.
Speaker 5: But please and you're the handsome one. I uh, we can you know, we can talk about it on the error. But there are certain aspects of what I hope it does that I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. I should say.
Speaker 6: Well, it make me substantially wealth here, that's my biggest question.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's possible.
Speaker 4: What it comes, But that money comes with all the mockery. So it's a trade off. Well, yeah, it's mockery money. Yeah, it's fine. It's a fair, fair deal. As far as I'm conning, I'm.
Speaker 6: Gonna have to decide what I want my look to be.
Speaker 4: Do I want to look like a I don't know, biker, a cowboy, or do I know?
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 5: I was just talking to one of my chat pots and one of my friends and my one wife about that very topic. I had not intended to talk about this. I had intended to do something completely different. But as long as we're talking about it. So I've been trying to decide because I usually I mostly.
Speaker 3: Do the show in T shirts.
Speaker 5: You know, like right now, I'm wearing one of my favorite liberty T shirts, got a great quote from the Revolutionary War on the back. But you know, if we're doing video and we're going to be on every day, what do I want to do?
Speaker 3: What look do I want to go?
Speaker 5: My buddy Joe the Silicon Valley Guy says, he said, immediately, black T shirt. Invest in some really nice black designer T shirts. Because I said, I want to wear roughly the same thing every day. I don't want to think for a single second about it.
Speaker 3: That's I said. Yeah, I'm more of a golf shirt guy. How about black golf shirts? He said, No, T shirts.
Speaker 4: Okay, T shirts do look good on camera, and black T shirts do. That's one of the main things I started wearing a suit most days is it's just so much easier.
Speaker 6: You just don't think about it. I'm wearing my suit with.
Speaker 3: A white shirt. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, and that's I asked one of my chadpots I can't remember which one. They said, well, given your age and that you talk about on your line, I've mentioned it.
Speaker 3: They didn't come into it, and they said.
Speaker 5: A nice Oxford button down or something like that would be good. And it's just the most milk toasty idea ever. And Clanet granted, I don't you know, I don't want to look like a clown. It doesn't need to attract any intention what I'm wearing. But at the same time, I don't know, I asked, I'm probably overthinking this.
Speaker 3: I bought everything.
Speaker 4: I bought some new glasses when I was in Vegas with my son and I put a picture of myself on the chat box and said, what do you think of these?
Speaker 6: And I don't know why I did that. My son said, why are you doing that? I said, I don't know why I'm doing this, but anyway, one of them said, well, with your jawline, I think I thought this is weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well with the size of your ass, maybe you should. Oh, I shouldn't have said I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I flew off the handle. So yeah, my glasses are fairly similar to yours. But and I think I look more learned wearing the But I can't wear them doing the show because during the show, because they're distance classes, I don't wear reading classes.
Speaker 4: Well, zoom or the pandemic changed everything in terms of this sort of stuff, because you watch cable news every single day. Back in the day, you almost had to be in studio in those cable news shows, and people would live in cities they didn't want to live in, or travel at great expense to make sure they're in studio.
Speaker 6: Then everybody realize it doesn't make it any.
Speaker 4: Everyone wills soever if you're in a little box on TV on a zoom somewhere else. Right, And the same to a certain extent with how you dress. I was watching Mark Alpern's video cast last night, and he's usually in his bedroom, I mean, and it's clearly his bedroom. There's the bed, there's a chair, it's neat it's like the bed's made, but he's like in his bedroom first in the morning every morning.
Speaker 6: And then one of the guests. I think Megan McCain is one of his guests.
Speaker 4: She's laying down in bed half dark, with like the phone up against her ear.
Speaker 5: It just didn't care at all. That's weirdly sexy.
Speaker 4: Well I don't think that's what she was going for, but it's like that, I don't care if she's going for not even bothering to sit up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, wow, can't be bothered to sit up?
Speaker 11: Yes, Michael, we all got to get a designer that we endorse and then we can wear the clothes oh yeah every morning.
Speaker 5: When we were on TV for five years, I used to uh, I used to push for that and it never happened.
Speaker 6: What do you think we should be like the Beatles and just all dressed the same?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, yeah, precisely like the Beatles. Yes, No, I don't, I don't know. I just I feel so give even thinking about it. And I almost said I got to get, you know, my glasses because they make me look more learned, but with clear glass in them. But that is so not my ethos that had so Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just and maybe I should get over myself, but no, I can't.
Speaker 4: I just can't on all those interesting examples because he's such a powerful political thing is Joe Rogan, who clearly doesn't give a crap about the lighting is horrible in his studio he does. I mean, it's not that he doesn't dress up. He doesn't even like dress down like he cares. He just comes as he is. Yeah, he's worrying like he's dressed like he's gonna.
Speaker 6: Mow the lawn.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, but maybe that's part of the appeal.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, So do we have time for this? I know you're a little pressed for time, all right, I tease this. So the making money trying to convince the gullible that Charlie Kirk wasn't murdered by a confused young man who was rooming with a transgender dude and now regrets it and was identified by his family and turned in by his family, and it is a tragedy where there's nothing but losers. No, indeed, they can't make money on that, so they're going with ridiculous conspiracy theories. The trial of Tyler Robinson, the murder has been going on. So how are figures on the right handling that? Nelly Bowles asks, Well, obviously, Candice Owens is arguing that Robinson was framed, and then Nelly points out the new angle just dropped. I guess this is the hot thing now on candas and other places. Where is Charlie Kirk's body buried? Oh wow?
Speaker 4: That's yeah, Okay, that one always works for uh, whether it's Hitler or whoever the heck?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yep, it's a good one. Uh So, well, one guy has a theory. Who is this guy?
Speaker 3: Owen?
Speaker 5: Benjamin Tucker Carlson called his pal Owen Benjamin quote probably the smartest, wisest person in Hollywood.
Speaker 3: So he's elite.
Speaker 5: Here's what he's on about now and I quote this may sound crazy, but the whole why won't they say where Charlie is buried? Thing could be a lot darker than people imagine. Did they cremate him?
Speaker 3: Hmmm? I think he could be much darker.
Speaker 5: They ritually, ritualistically eat people, especially their enemies. They say it gives them power. That's why the bread and wine thing infuriated them, and blood was always the move. Obviously, I don't know but I think the most likely outcome is his body was eaten by America's trusted.
Speaker 3: Allies, which of course is the Jews.
Speaker 5: Right, So the new line is that Israel or the Zionists or Jews.
Speaker 3: Same diff eight Charlie Cook's box.
Speaker 4: Ok okay, that makes sense. Where's Charlie Kirk buried? He's not the Jews ate him?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yeah, yeah, yep.
Speaker 5: And she makes a point about how this is why we need to care about somewhat mainstream media because the alternative is horrifying. But then she points out that read the Jewish thing. Let's check in with the progressive New York publishing world. Here's Simon and Schuster's star author, Susan Abbu Wallah, who's sign on on Twitter Blue Sky whatever it is is half in English and half Arabic. Her first two books are getting reissued this fall. By the way, she says, the way Zios keep boasting about the extraordinary power they wield reminds me of how they also boasted and took credit for Germany's defeat in the First World War that culminated in the Treaty of Versailles and led to the rise of extreme anti Jewish sentiment history will rise In case you don't know the context. She was commenting on Pallanteer CEO Alex Karp, who went on a podcast and said that if his family hadn't left Germany, he'd be a lampshade. So Susan the star of Simon and Schuster sided to weigh in in a totally normal way.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 5: First of all, he'd be more useful to humanity as a lampshade. Second, how long we have to keep listening to this nonsense? He might as well be a bar of soap. I forgot to add that perfect utility for Alex Krp, mass murdering demon. It's probably not relevant, but New York's First Lady Mom Donnie's wife illustrated one of her essays, they're artistic collaborators.
Speaker 3: How special is that? That's right?
Speaker 5: So here is a Muslim woman who despises Jews saying that any mouthyed Jew would be better off as a lampshade or bar of soap, and is defending the Nazis publicly celebrated author Never again is now?
Speaker 6: So I have trouble keeping the straight in my head. That's all horrifying.
Speaker 4: Y the Jews would eat Charlie Kirk because he was working for the Jews. His wife's working for the Jews. Yeah, and got it killed because she wanted to take over. But then why was she involved in the.
Speaker 6: Eating of him?
Speaker 5: Because she's in that kabbald, evil cabal of the jew Yeah, exactly, that's.
Speaker 3: What they say.
Speaker 5: You know, I was going to announce it the outset of the segment that I was going to ruin your faith in humanity and then cleverly restore it before we start talking about clothing clip thirteen.
Speaker 3: Here you go, restoring it.
Speaker 12: We actually made it today, three hundred and sixty five. There's only one way to celebrate this day.
Speaker 6: I want to go click it. Yeah, all right, let's go.
Speaker 12: We've been using the same baseball every single day for the entire year, so we'll probably retire this one.
Speaker 3: Fun to spend time with on every single goal.
Speaker 12: Life gets busy, schedules get crazy, but when we set aside those five to ten to fifteen minutes every single day to spend time with each other, it just gives us a chance to connect, and it gives me a chance to really build some memories with them.
Speaker 5: Father and son who played catch three hundred and sixty five days in a row.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 6: It's awesome. That's my favorite thing to do.
Speaker 4: I have to usually drag my kids to get him to do that, football or baseball, to play catch.
Speaker 6: But I love playing catch. I love playing catch with my dad. I did it all the time.
Speaker 5: It's one of the wisest and most troubling things I've ever heard. Your priorities are what you actually do, what you spend your time on.
Speaker 4: Don't say your priorities or something else. All right, what'd you do today? Those were your priorities, whether you like it or not, whether you admit it or not.
Speaker 6: Finish strong, next strong, New York City.
Speaker 13: A man jumping from the Brooklyn Bridge no clothes, and police say it makeshift parachute. Officers pulling him from the water in the hospital, in stable condition and now facing charges of trespassing, lewdness, and sortly conduct.
Speaker 5: So you're not allowed to parachute naked from the Brooklyn Bridge. I thought this was America. Jack is off to take care of an important family obligation all as well, But he just texted the group video of the man cause playing as a woman in the French basketball league that we're talking about earlier, it is absolutely laughable. It reminds me of Monty Python sketch from years and years ago where John Clees is boxing like a nine year old girl as a grown man, and he if you haven't seen it, he dominates the fight as a grown man boxing a girl, a little girl.
Speaker 3: The video reminds me of that. Well, we'll post it a link Armstrong and Getty dot com or something like that, but it is.
Speaker 5: Absolutely If somebody could look at that and say, well, well, we're we believe in inclusive inclusivity, and we're in inclusive space, and we believe in acceptance and that includes trans women. You you've lost your minds, You've let your ideology blind you to that which is clearly true, and when you wake up, you will be ashamed of yourself and chagrined.
Speaker 3: So the better we get started, or the sooner we get started, the better.
Speaker 5: I found this interesting and it's actually affected me, as Jack and I have discussed many times. We're both introverts and not lovers of small talk. I dread it a little bit, and I am jealous of people who are good at it and enjoy it.
Speaker 3: I wish I was one of those people.
Speaker 5: But it's like wishing I was six inches taller mostly And I was just reading a piece about small talk in what are called weak ties among psychologists, as opposed to like you and your spouse or your children or your closest friends. Those are strong ties and they're very important. But psychologists have found that these weak ties are really good for us in a lot of ways that are intuitive. If you're into it, if it's easy for you, you feel that. If it's hard for you, I think you have to sell yourself on it.
Speaker 3: But I'm trying very hard to do that.
Speaker 5: A pleasant chat with some we don't know, consue their support us when no one else is around, boost our mood, It can help broaden our perspective.
Speaker 3: And they quote this.
Speaker 5: Gillian Sanstroum is an Associate professor in the psych oh in the Psychology of Kindness the University of Sussex and Britain, the author of Once Upon a Stranger, The Science of How small Talk can add up to a big life. And we're absolutely social beasts, human beings, that's obvious. And at one point she says, small talk is fun. You get a window into another person's life, and it is fun once you, as an introvert, overcome your hesitation.
Speaker 3: I don't think fears the right word exactly, but it's close. But anyway.
Speaker 5: One of my takeaways from this, she says, look, first of all, why is small talk? Small talk hard for so many people? And she says, the fear connects to that need to belong. It's so important to us that we are really scared that we will get it wrong. We were already that if we talk too much or too little, the other person won't like us, and evolutionarily that was really bad news because we'd be cast out of the tribe. That's part of it. That's just part of it. Also, there's a personality type that you love talking about like your vacation. Then the other person talks about their vacation, and none of it's tear interesting. But just the sharing of the information and saying we're friendly with each other is really satisfying to some people, people like me. And Jacket's not it's it's I don't want to say anything judgmental about it. It just it's not fun. It's not nourishing, really, But I like this part. But it's okay if it's boring, and she says, yeah, absolutely, it's not going to be interesting. But research shows that even when people talk about a subject that's boring, they enjoy the conversation more than they expected because they're connecting with another human being and it feels good. My final thought would be her conversation strategy, especially if you don't like small talk.
Speaker 3: Jack, that was weird? Was that different? Did somebody mess with it?
Speaker 6: I don't know, but I hadn't take my head on top for it.
Speaker 3: It was extra satanic. It's like the world's most horrifying disco.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was awful.
Speaker 3: All right, I am your host, Joe Geddy.
Speaker 5: Let's get a final thought from everybody who is on the crew still.
Speaker 3: Michael Angelow in the control room lead us on. Michael final thought.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the WNBA plays during the summer. The regular NBA plays during the fall. I want NBA players to come out as women during the summer and play in the WNBA.
Speaker 5: What's a good way to stay in shape? Yeah, you dominate? Yeah, just call yourself trans woman. It's fine, Katie.
Speaker 3: A final thought for.
Speaker 7: Us, I'm tired of being a costume. I am not a sis woman.
Speaker 6: I am a woman.
Speaker 7: And just because you put a wig and address on does not make you a woman.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you're a woman. I'm not a biologist.
Speaker 5: Oh the things that are said with a straight face this decade will be hooted at till the end of history. My final thought, here's your conversation strategy.
Speaker 6: Quick.
Speaker 5: The qu is for question. Ask you a question, how's your day going? Where can your recommend ee? Virtually anything hick stands for in common. That's why people talk about the weather, talk about the line they're in, and K is for kindness. The easiest thing is to offer someone to compliment. A compliment from someone who doesn't know you feels more sincere. It gives you a reason to talk. Then it should be Swiss sailing.
Speaker 3: Quick.
Speaker 5: We'll see you tomorrow. I have a great day. God bless America.
Speaker 4: I'm Strong and Getchy.
Speaker 9: There's a fantastic podcast that you got to listen to every day.
Speaker 5: It's got Jack and Joe, Katie and Michael Langelo.
Speaker 11: It's called I'm Strong and Geddy on demand.
Speaker 5: Subscribe now wherever you download your podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm Strong and Geddy on Armstrong and Getty