Speaker 1: You want to try the other one, whatever you're comfortable with. I don't know. It's like we got a third microphone in here. Yeah, we're very fancy. Now this is legit. The Serial Killer Studio team is really coming together. So cool. Yeah, I mean now we can have an extra, we can have a guest, and you wouldn't have to share mics with them anymore. Yeah, because whenever we would have guests, I would constantly have to flip the mic back and forth. Yeah, it didn't sound so good. Hold on, let me play this. I guess what's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Will tell you what's.
Speaker 3: Sai Regil been like, Sami Kid's their life, Rick doin everything from Jackson Vanilla to Chrispy.
Speaker 1: I let it go the whole time. Yeah, sorry, I get it. No worries. Actually, you know, Dave Brody writes this stuff for us, and I feel bad that we kind of cut it off all the time. I love the love that people have for our show. On our show, we work obviously for the Elvis Duran Morning Show, and so many people just come into this room and their faces just light up when they see how much cereal is in here, and they want to do things for us. I have to tell you, the amount of cereal that we have is just getting kind of ridiculous. And I've said this to you. It's becoming a hoarder's episode. And I watch a lot of hoarders, and let me tell you something. I think you may have a problem. I have a hard time letting go of them because I mean, look, you call them your children. Yes, people walk in here and they're impressed. But Scott, it's very impressive. Scott. Yes, you call them your children. Well, they are our children. We've adopted them together, and it's hard to let them go. It's we have a great rehab facility set up for you in Pasadena. When they get old, you know, we have to let them go out on their own. But I'm just not ready to do that yet. Okay, so he's not ready to let go. Yeah, my life is literally living in a horders episode. Then, because I have a very small desk area, I don't even have a desk here. I have no place where I actually work on the show. I just kind of roam and find places to say. So, you're saying that your children are impeding your space, saying that, yes, that's exactly what I'm saying I was gonna try and put it nicely, but no, I have no room for anything anymore. Now, do you have any cereal in your house or you just keep it here? I have three boxes? Okay, I ate all yeah, and writes Krispy Streets. But that's from like probably three months ago, four months ago. By the way, this week, I'm getting you boxes of Eggo cereal for forty nine cents each, just so you know. Yes, yes, yes, all right, you know what. Let's get to it. Congratulations to who Michelle. Oh yeah, if you guys haven't heard on the last episode Michelle who was on Survivor Now on the new season, Survivor Winners at War. It premiered this Wednesday. Huh, nice job, Michelle. Yeah, and she loved the double brownie multimeal with marshmallow cereal. Yeah, she actually texted me. Did she bring it on the island with her? Well, I mean it was filmed back. So are we talking like time travel or what I'm talking? Oh? So you made Survivors not live? Everybody knows that. Oh I didn't know. Okay, Hey, look for the cereal killers. This is episode eighty three, eighty three. You really think people thought that was live. I'm sure there are some people that think it was live. Yeah, Like people somehow think our show is live. Yeah. And the other day I did a taping of the Rachel Ratio and Elvis had mentioned on the air that I was going to do a taping of it, and somebody tweeted, like, you weren't on the show today, I'm just live. Well that was like when Jeff was on the show with us. He's like, oh, I'm going up to Regis and Kelly and then then in the comments people were like, didn't see him. He just wanted to leave. No, it's pre taped. But I mean that show usually is live except on Fridays. Well, he came on Monday. I am so confused. It's episode eighty three. It's Serial Killers. I'm Scottie Bee, that's Andrew. Let's get eaten some cereal. Let's get it and I will give you the pleasure of Oh you want to go classic classic all right? You might not like this classic why? Because I'm not gonna like this classic why. This classic box is courtesy of Smiley Stephen. He's our producer in Philly at Q one oh two. Hi Steven, thank you for giving a serial. No, no, no, don't thank him because this box came the other day and I was very excited to open the end. Every time we get a box and I shake it and I could tell their cereal in it, I get pumped. I get very excited. I opened this one up. It was an Amazon box, and I'm gonna use a very nate word to describe your reaction. He gets very jazzed. Well, not from this one. Hold on, let me go down to the sack. You'll see why. You'll see. Now. I want you to say hello to our friend. Okay, her name starts with a B and ends with an A. No. Yeah, no, not Barbie. He said this is his favorite cereal. This is his favorite cereal. Oh, bless his heart. It's Barbara's Morning Oat Crunch.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I know we kind of vowed not to do barber cereal anymore, but for Steven, I guess we have to listen. Stephen is super nice. He would not give us something that's trash. Yes, I believe in Stephen found it over forty five years ago by teenager Barbara Jaffy. Barber's is a category pioneer and supports young entrepreneurs through our what our kid trip? What is this word? Can I see it? Yeah? The K word kidentrepreneur, kitentrepreneur. Okay, so it's like I got okay, sorry, grants, listen, it's been a long day. I believe in Steven. Steven's not gonna scare us wrong. I do not believe in Stephen and hashtag. I believe in Steven already. This the bag is so much smaller than the box. Barbara is such a ripoff. I think Barbara might have descended into madness after creating her cereal company. I'm a little worried about her. She tried to poison us several times. Oh boy, these they're the big, These are the So what's the premise of the puffins? Yeah? Like, what's what's the premise? Am I just getting an oat? I don't know, Brick, It's just a It's just a big old puffed square of oat crunch crunchy whole grain cereal satisfy you a hugger with eight grabs of protein and six grams of five. Let it be known that if I ever have the chance to make my own cereal, I'm calling it big old puff squares. Well, I guess by definition a puff can't be a square. I don't know. They're puff squares, big old puff squares. Ingredients whole grain oat flour, whole grain wheat flour, cane, sugar and sulfured molasses. It's greg Tea pea protein. Oh my god, can we get Greg Ta in here? Hold on, let's see if we can get up to see now yo, Greg Tea, come here just one minute? Yes, please. We were just wondering if you could tell us what the mascot of this cereal isee. Hey guys, waits ya? Can you tell us what I.
Speaker 2: Want to tell you right now?
Speaker 1: Wait? What do anything?
Speaker 2: This room has gotten a little bitut of control.
Speaker 1: Said that.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is really at some point he's a order, right, this is a problem you have to like. I mean, you got cereal machines, you've got cereal boxes.
Speaker 1: But this is what we do.
Speaker 4: I know that, but this is a little bit like overtaking what you really do.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this.
Speaker 4: It's you're supposed to, you know, want to degree yourself into a podcast, not have the ceial integrate into you.
Speaker 1: But we'd like to showcase the boxes. Would it be better if we had some shelves built, and it was more organized, and it almost looked like cereal shelves.
Speaker 2: Okay, that you know what I gotta tell you that support him.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's what I would do if I was back here right, I would have the engineers make a shelf right here, and then you can stack them all like this.
Speaker 1: Like long way sideways.
Speaker 4: And then I would buy into it. But this over here is a freaking mess.
Speaker 1: Do you want to try to.
Speaker 4: Please I'm coming over to say hi to you guys because I'm trying to be the bigger man, because you guys.
Speaker 2: Don't want to come over and say hi to make you way too. That's true.
Speaker 4: I have seen Andrew there. I've seen Garrett over to say hello to me.
Speaker 1: I came over on your first take give you a bottle of whiskey.
Speaker 4: That was three and a half, almost four months ago. I have yet to hear from you. No text for the New Year's Eve, no Christmas nothing, not one phone call zero.
Speaker 1: Any of you supposed to come in earlier. Andrew supposed to come in earlier and come down the hallway and hang out nobody.
Speaker 4: You can pass by if you know, Hey, I'm gonna go Biden and see tea. Maybe we see once to go get a drink. Let's go get us some lunch or something like that.
Speaker 1: You know, it smells very nice. What you smell very fresh? Smell fresh? What are you wearing? Is it deodorant? Maybe I'm not wearing anything.
Speaker 2: Like there's my clone from three o'clock this morning.
Speaker 1: It smells nice anyway, all right, If you don't want to try the cereal, that's you just have one.
Speaker 2: Please let me have one piece. But that's why I had one. I had an allergy attack.
Speaker 1: No, there's no fruit in here.
Speaker 2: You really gotta go.
Speaker 1: I gotta really, I gotta look at the mascots on this box.
Speaker 2: I got a big meet.
Speaker 1: They have blueberry mascots and BlackBerry mascots and raspberry mascots.
Speaker 2: The heart is a mascot.
Speaker 1: There you go, the heart. What do you think of it? To be honest, it's a healthy cereal. I was just how funny you like that crap?
Speaker 2: I know, And I was just gonna say that that it's healthy.
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: I like it already? Hold on, there's a little bit of sugar, but just enough. Like it's not not playing Jane.
Speaker 1: I like it. It's not horrendous. No, I told you I believe in Steven.
Speaker 4: I gotta be honest. Yeah, I agree. This is not a bad cereal at all. This is pretty good.
Speaker 1: Actually, I'm gonna give this four bowls. Makes Barbara who Barbara Barbara? Yeah, with Barbara from Barbara Jaffies. She started her own cereal company years ago. Yeah, Barber's is healthy cereals for real, for real. Yeah, Puffins is their big cereal. Puffins. Puffins is disgusting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where do you get it?
Speaker 1: You can get this in almost any supermarket and health food stares.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's if you go to your shop. Right, it's all the way to the right. There's all.
Speaker 2: They're redoing my shop right now on me. Yeah, if she didn't want Root nine, no redoing it. Yeah, they're doing a big blowout. But I think you're putting it in like eat clean brow in.
Speaker 1: There inside the shop right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can buy eat clean bro stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh nice? Did they pay you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I know, I know, Jamie, No, Yo, I'm on the podcast. I would have come over and said hi, because you had a client, so I didn't want to bother you.
Speaker 2: I'm talking to Garrett right now in the podcast.
Speaker 1: Something when you're doing your show, do people just walk in and disregard on air lights and just don't care, just walk through. Well, you only have three people no respect right now? Yeah, you don't have.
Speaker 2: The true professional. We'll just keep on doing the show and not acknowledge the door. But I did say, Garrett, I just bet. I just I said that.
Speaker 4: Only you and Andrew the only ones that come over to say hello to me.
Speaker 2: And Andrew's sister, Oh my god, my favorite person. Who will you guys?
Speaker 1: Don't just podcast?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, she's the best. I love her. I'm not kidding. I love her. Hiight, I'll go wait for you down by your office. I have a meeting downstairs.
Speaker 1: No, you can go now, you're excused. You gotta go.
Speaker 2: I've been stair to a meeting.
Speaker 1: I go ahead. What'd you give this? What I want you to? When you it at five balls?
Speaker 2: At a five?
Speaker 4: Here we are with a freaking rating system. Again, it doesn't make any said.
Speaker 1: Just forget it.
Speaker 2: No one would eat freaking five balls a serial.
Speaker 1: That's not what it means.
Speaker 2: Don't but you can't do and a spoon? It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: Can you go out?
Speaker 2: Not what pisses me off this whole podcast. It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: I need you to leave.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 4: Here's what I said, Okay, one to ten, ten being the best.
Speaker 2: I would say this, cereal, Are you have like a drum rolls down event?
Speaker 1: Because no, because it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, eight and a half great, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Translates over to four and a half balls. They were both in a spoon.
Speaker 4: See if you would do that and translate it into your stupid way of measuring, that'd be fun.
Speaker 1: I love when you're on because I just love seeing how red his face guests.
Speaker 2: Because nobody measures it by the balls?
Speaker 1: Why I don't go visit him? Talking while I'm talking. This is why I don't go visit him. I can't take it.
Speaker 2: Where are you going with the podcast? Are people really listening?
Speaker 1: Do you know that we were? Actually? Can you please go? You know I'm having Garrett Guart Wait.
Speaker 4: You know I'm having such a problem today. Today my anus is so rare, I mean wiping it like crazy raw. Yeah, so I have to put I.
Speaker 1: Have I have preparation.
Speaker 4: Ah No, I didn't have it with me. So I have toilet paper crammed up between my cheeks. So that it doesn't It doesn't irritate right now.
Speaker 2: I have no that's true.
Speaker 1: He's right now. Just take him out.
Speaker 2: Who's w nine forms? Are those?
Speaker 1: Take him out?
Speaker 2: Tax seasons?
Speaker 1: Why are your nipples always hard? Bye? Thanks for stopping by.
Speaker 2: Take care.
Speaker 1: I love everything about when Greg t visits. It's like my favorite parts, and I hate everything about it. Can we get back to this? What did you give Barbara? I gave her four balls, Barbara, three balls and a spoon. For me, Greg's translated over into I'm not counting him four balls and a spoon. Okay, great. He makes me so nuts. Look at my ears. Look how red they are. Your face gets so red, and it's my favorite thing in the world. He just says whatever is on his mind, and I really appreciate that about him. Okay, Stephen, thank you. This was not awful. Yes hashtag I believe in Stephen. Okay. Now people can like, do you spell Stephen with a V or pH? Some people spell it with pH. I know he's v Stephen Stephen. That would be Stephanie. To me, that's Stefan Stefan, but people spell Steven's sometimes at pH. Yeah. All right, let's go to the new box, and I can call it new. It's from twenty seventeen. Cool, but believe it or not, we have not done this yet.
Speaker 5: Believe it or not, I'm working on. So now you know millions too high in this guy? No, not really, but now you know the Greatest American Hero. I've heard the song before.
Speaker 1: When I was sick, I watched the Greatest American Hero all day and we could meet him if we go down to pensacon or whatever it is down there in Pensacola. Yeah you want to go. I maybe be sy that week, but that's why Wilfrid Brimley's gonna be bro I can't believe. Yes, all right, well you know what I just found this. Let's uh, let me play this. This is the new Cereal. I've never heard this commercial before. I loaded it in and didn't even listen to it, so it could be crap. Let's see, here we go, cinnamon fans, your date with destiny has arrived. Let's do this.
Speaker 2: Cinnamon frosted flakes aren't finally here? Sweet cinnamon and the frosted grunch you love?
Speaker 1: Well? It tastes like victory.
Speaker 2: T It tastes like victory.
Speaker 1: Right, Yes, I am so excited open the box now. People ask us about this, and I've had it in the sack for quite some time, so it's just been sitting in there, and it is now time for cinnamon frosted flakes two three years old at this point.
Speaker 2: To be unleashed.
Speaker 1: Yes, I saw this in Target the other day. You did, And why didn't you buy it? Well, you didn't know I had it, Yeah, but I thought I ate it. You know, I just don't know how how? I just don't know how do I know? Because again, you are a rain Man of cereals. I've told you this. A lot of people have like photographic memories, and you know what they do with them? They become like mit scientists. I wish they become doctors, they become astronauts. You know what you do with it? You host a cereal podcast. I wish you were rain man of getting a sponsors, or a rain Man of putting up the list of all the ratings that I keep sending you, or a rain Man of promoting the show, or rain man of anything else. That's all right, We'll just keep doing this and I make it a penny. That's fine, It's fine. Look, I do it for fun. I do it for the love of cereal, and I do it because I like to hang out with you. I love of cereal. Yeah, that on your tombstone, Scott, he did it for the love of cereal. You know what, You're a martyr, truly, he should all be indebted to you. I just smell. I'm just trying to spread the cereal love. It does smell delicious. One. Two things right, Oh my god, I got some good stuff. I can't believe we haven't had this yet. Four balls in his boom. Yep, love it. You know. I was almost gonna give it five and then something turned. It's still wonderful. There's just no marshmallows, no chocolate, and I think that's pretty much my criteria. So cinnamon Toa's crunch to me, the crunch part of it is what makes it a five bowl. Like when you crunch into it, sometimes you get like that last minute burst, whereas this doesn't necessarily have that. The cinnamon on here is just is perfect. Yes, good cereal. Now this is more cinnamon than cinnamon sugar. Yes, where a cinnamon Toa's crunch is more cinnamon sugar than cinnamon. It's the taste you can see. Yeah, that's not their slogan anymore. This is great though, four balls in this? Can you add deer to the end of that? S Sorry, you're condescending deer. That's great, Thanks, Tony. Can you do Tony the tiger impression? I feel you'd be good at it?
Speaker 2: They're great?
Speaker 1: Actually, yes, not bad?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I was good. So I'll just put the costume on when I go home and do that here, furry costume. All right? Oh my god, maybe that's why you're so good at it. Oh my god, so much is becoming clear. How about a bonus box? Yeah? Serial killers? What's so funny? Sorry? Is something on TV? Oh my god? Yeah, that is funny. All right. So Jamie in Virginia send us a giant box the other day. Okay, and are you setting something up? Are you brain farting? I'm pretty sure I'm having a massive brain fart. Uhh. Do you smell burnt toast? Should I get Nate in here to see if it's a stroke? No, we're good anyway. So Jamie sent five boxes of cereal. Most of them were from Letal remember the Yeah, yeah, yeah, So I mean there's some really funky ones in that we will try down the road. Cool. But I picked this one for the bonus box. Perfect. We had another one from this company. Uh where to go? Oh, Brody messed up my cereal? Hold on, So see that one right there?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 1: What is it? Freedom Cocoa Crunch. Freedom Foods Coco Crunch. So Jamie found another Freedom Foods variety. Okay, I don't know about this one. I feel like I've seen this one on the shelf before. Yeah, this was in the it was in the clearance rack. Woo, look at the price sticker please Wooo. Great deal a dollar thirty nine. I'm a little worried. That is a great deal because this box is usually be four or five dollars. Okay, it's a little torn also, but that's okay. I'm too Freedom Foods gluten free, nut free, peanut free. Hey Garrett, Oh so sorry he left new look tropic Os. Oh cool. So they're a the plant based fruit Loop. Yeah, healthy fruit loop, sweetened allergen friendly cereal with plant based colors and flavors. Yeah yeah, Now okay, So there's just a bunch of cereal in a bowl on the front here and it says serving suggestion. So like that's that's really lazy. Yeah, here's our suggestion, throwing a ball. Okay, actually that's a really good point, great source of fiber. Yeah, of course it is beans. It makes you fart. No, I don't think this one's beans. It's plant. Plant is not a bean plant. Are you sure it's gluten free? Yes? Super grain goodness. No, so there's grains in here made with super grains like sorghum that naturally contain fiber and protein. Sorghum. We've had sorgham before, remember from grete berry. Grape berry, grape berry, healthy cereal for your family. I know it's grainberry. Andrew is a dope, all right. So that's rude, is very dull looking. Look at those Yeah, it's like someone took the fun out of a fruit loop. That's a great way to describe it.
Speaker 2: Believe it or not?
Speaker 5: Working on it's so hot in sky?
Speaker 1: No, No, those aren't the words flying away on a wing and a prayer.
Speaker 2: Who could it be?
Speaker 1: Could believe it or not? It's just me. Well, that's our musical moment of the podcast. Here we go, Here you go, buddy, thank you. Yep, all right, they look worse than milk. Like they're green. Actually looks like baby poop green. Alright, what two three?
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: I don't like it as much. It tastes very artificial fruit, even though I believe it's natural. It tastes artificial. You know what. It tastes like what a snow cone. Okay, maybe we're so ass backwards now that fruit loops like loops artificial. I don't even know. Yeah, of course no. I think they make it with like real fruit flavoring. Yeah, they're squeezing out an apple and putting that in the flakes. One. I think I have a box. Let me look. So this isn't bad. I would say, like if you saw this in the story, you would if you pick it up, it's not bad. I'm gonna say that just bad. It's it's it's very snow cone flavor esque. It's like the sweetness is very artificially sweet, and it's like, look, there is there's no sweetness. I know, but it's like when you get again. I don't want to keep going back to saying snow cone. It's like the fourteenth time I've said it. But it's like, oh, cherry flavor. It doesn't actually taste like cherry. Oh it's just red. Yes, that's this. Disagree but okay, this doesn't taste like a snow cone at all. The snow cone is overly sweet. This to me is what this to me is. It just has a weird natural artificial fruit flavor. If that makes it, I'm getting nothing natural, all right, Well, I mean it says it's natural. Okay. If this is natural, then like I don't know, I don't know ingredients, rice flour, sugar, sorghum flour, yellow corn flour, sillium, husk, chickpea fiber, paprika color, carrot oil, sweet potato color, tumeric color, sunflower, less than less than two. It doesn't say anything about any fruit flavorings at all. So they just created some fake fruits from again, it's like they cloned a fruit loop and this was like the clone of the fruit loop. No, no, it's not a clone. A clone is a good thing usually, Yeah, this one, maybe something went wrong it like had the fly incident. Something flew in and created the abomination that is this. Yeah, so I just don't know how I feel about it. I'm gonna give this two balls in a spoon. Ball in a spoon for me don't. Yeah, no, sorry, freedom freedom, I would like freedom from your cereal. I don't know. All right, cool. Thanks for listening to Serial Killers. This has been episode eighty three. Yeah, happy Friday. Yeah, it's a Friday man, get out of work. Wait for that whistle to blow. They slide slide down the dinosaur and head on home at five o'clock. Are you talking about the Flintstones? Yeah? Yeah, but isn't that what he says? Yeah? Daba, yeah, yeah, yeah, bye daba. That reminds me we're due for a new pebbles variety pretty soon. It's been a minute. Are you teasing us? I might be? Oh okay, wink wink. Follow us please on all social platforms. Serial Killers PC and if you haven't checked it out, you get the free subscription to Podcast Magazine. Yes, because we're featured in there as an under the radar podcast that you should know about, but you already do because you're awesome. Yes, and thank you guys also for listening. We are actually, oddly enough, one of the featured food podcasts on iTunes. I have no idea how this happened. The fact that we're considered an actual food podcast. It's weird. To me cereals food, man. I know, it's just when you're up there with like chefs and like Bonappetite magazine, which is like a huge publication, and then it's like you scroll down and see us and all we do is eat and review cereals. Hey, people like it? Yeah, I appreciate it. Leave us a review. Make sure you subscribe on any podcast platform that you're listening to, and now you don't have to buy freedom Frudios or whatever the hell are called exactly. Yeah, oh sorry, tropicos tropicos. Yes, all right, have a great weekend. We'll see you on Monday and till then. Crunch. That was a weird crunch. Yeah it was Can you can you try and do that again?
Speaker 2: Crunch?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Better like it was the crunch. It was like you saying deer and crunch voice. Oh, kind of like being a dick, Yeah, a little bit like I always am. Yeah, you don't really like me that much? To you? Well, I mean if it took you eighty three episodes to find that out, then