Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: And welcome back to another episode of No Sealers Podcast with your host, Now fuck that with your loaw glasses Malone. Yeah, no, nah, I haven't dropped it yet. We got the video, so we shot the video. Right, video came out, dope, got to make a couple of little special effects, some little stuff to make it kind of cool. Then add the story in it. But it'll be done. But what's crazy is I've been getting a lot of like a lot of people have been coming to me kind of like on some like, oh, we give you money for this percentage, like Okay, here's this money to do what you want to do. And then when we recoup, like it'll be a split like seventy thirty.
Speaker 1: Or something seventy thirty day way or your.
Speaker 2: Seventy thirty my way. But it's like and then shout out the top Dog. Top Dog just made a play. That's my man with Orchard the Orchard Sony's digital distribution wing right. And but it's just funny how I see the game and I think everybody think I'm going crazy because they like, like we've been in the now like twenty years, like twenty years we've been doing this so like all the relationship like when you bring that D boy mentality like to this shit, right, you bring in this whole like way you treat people like if you like what well I could say for me the type of D boy I was when I was hustling, you know, PCP sharn like. It was like I treated everybody the same. I don't care if you could only afford a stick, you know what I mean, or two gallons, I'm gonna talk to you like I got some sense. So I brought the same attitude into the business, and it's allowed me. It's allowed me to kind of it's allowed me to to maintain relationships. And so the people that was at the front door now run the building, right, absolutely right, you know what I mean. The people that's at the front door now they run the building. Put that mike a little closer to you, just a little bit. So the people that's at the front door now they run the building, you know what I'm saying. And now these are people who maybe everybody might have ignored them at one time in their life, No, sir, one time in their life, you know what I'm saying, Like somebody talk to them like they had some sense so now all my I say that to say, all my relationships is in play, right, and so it's people like men see whatever you need.
Speaker 1: So like a distribution.
Speaker 2: She could come to me and be like, well, we need five weeks to pitch, and I'm like, nah, I'll just call my people at Apple. I just called the homiet title. I'll just call my homegirl that's Spotify. I don't have to wait four to five weeks to pitch. So every time somebody is saying something to me, a lot of the ideas and shout out to King and coach. They were just saying that, it's like they feel like I'm losing my mind or I have like a tunnel vision to where I don't want to hear certain things, and it's like, nas, it's not like I don't hear y'all's just you know what I mean. It's like, I guess I should say, what's wrong with tunnel vision?
Speaker 3: Well, here's the deal. People can't see your vision right. Your vision is your vision, and so when you expanding your horizon, you built up these relationships from years and years and years of doing the right thing, treating people kind and respectful. So now the seeds that you've sown are coming back and you see what I'm saying, So this is just good seeds that you plan it basically, so they don't understand the seeds that you planned. They weren't out there while you was guarding your grass, while you was playing your seeds.
Speaker 2: So only they see it, and then I could show them the vision. But I just think that I always used to realize some hug like swear to God, like the greatest people I've ever dealt with in them music video are a little bit delusion on right. So whether it's Lil Wayne, like people think Lil Wayne when he say like, man, I don't know what's going on, He's serious, like he is so locked in, locked in right, and different people talk to me and everybody I knew great, I mean the greatest people. Dog dog don't have Snoop don't have no idea. Like I remember the first time we actually had a face to face conversation and there was this argument where I'm like, bro, you're Snoop Dogg. He's like, Nigga, I know. I'm like, no, you don't know. You know what I mean, Like you don't know your Snoop Dogg. When I'm saying that, like you've been snooped so long you don't know that you're Snoop Dog. And it sounded crazy, but I'm like, you mean so much to anybody that come from where we come from, and now you mean so much to anybody from any ghetto period, right, So like I was only when, I'm like, if you just acknowledge somebody, that shit could be the difference between them going to prison, right and them trying to keep going. So I'm like, bro, you could just say, man, keep going, I see you, and that shit will change our life definitely. So Snoop Jay, all these people I've done met over the time, even Scarface, you know what I mean. Scarface say some shit, I'll be like, that's crazy. But what helped me understand them now is kind of get into my own sense. And I feel like when I'm talking to my coach, to Will, or when I'm talking to King for me or anybody else in my life, they hear the tunnel vision and they think that I'm diluted, and I'm like, wow, like I didn't push myself this far with information and talent to where now they see me the way I see wing Now, they don't see me as successful. You know, they not like glasses that ain't happened just yet, but when it happens, it'll kind of be like they you can see people already see it. They already saw it happening. So again it's like it's just weird, you know what I mean. And it's funny because in their mind, like King was trying to send me a video about somebody saying something about like we was having this conversation. I'm everybody know, I'm really die hard about poor black people. I don't want nobody talking about poor black people. We already had enough up in this motherfucking world. Only nobody else talking about, especially not know another black person. So he sent me a video where the title said how lower black class people became, How lower class blacks became the face of the black community. Now, the video could add a lot of great conversation. It could have been some life altering shites.
Speaker 1: And that shit title.
Speaker 2: I was telling Coach. Coach felt like he was like, man, Glass, you can't tell me you don't think you be the smartest person in the room. I'm like, not even close. I'm in a room with so many hugs. It's so many things I know that you know that I don't know stretch. I don't surround myself with people that I think can offer me some level of knowledge, tutelage, wisdom. So how the hell could I think that? But I get what it is. My spirit and soul is so strong on the people that they really think that this is my mind, like I could. We could be talking today on a pot on the stream. We were talking about what happened with Smokey Robinson, and I've been telling them I rewinded it back to R Kelly, and I'm like, hey, bro, because we didn't speak up for R Kelly. You know, we don't take care of the worst of our society, right Bill Cosby, That's fair. They're charging for the crime. Okay, this is the crime, whether or not you did it. At least it's just a charge for the crime. Hey, you did this drop clayludes and these ladies drinks.
Speaker 1: This is your charge. R Kelly.
Speaker 2: It should be statutory rate, definitely. It should be like they had federal pornography with a minor fine.
Speaker 3: What is rico?
Speaker 1: What is trafficking? What's the Man Act?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And I'm saying and I'm telling them, I'm like, we should be fighting that, you should be like, no, this this is the right thing. That's the wrong thing. And because we didn't. And I was telling them back then, I said, this is going back far, so bad on us, because they gonna be able to start doing anything and the ain't gonna let anything go with us. And now we're looking and now I have to rationalize a seventy three year old man because this has had to be about seventy three when this happened, because he's by eighty six. Now, yeah, he had to be about seventy three. I have to imagine what it would be like for him to course or force somebody into sex.
Speaker 1: Right, Man, he's smoking. He ain't have to do nothing, that's nobody.
Speaker 3: But the fact that I even have to eat, it's put in your mind. You see what I'm saying. This is part of the enemies playing, right, I'm going to put smut on your name. If I say you a goat fucker, you are a goat fucker until you prove otherwise. And even if you prove otherwise. Oh, that's his nigga out there, the goat fucker. That's the meme that came across or the title, the hashtag whatever, right, So it's it's part of the smear campaign, the smear tactic, right, in order to keep us from stepping up. Oh ship, if it happened to them, it might happen to me, you see.
Speaker 2: And what scares me, big dog, no siblings podcast. I got my brother Hug from North Carolina, California. Jus that point, Frisco all that good stuff, shout.
Speaker 3: Out to worldwide snail in the building.
Speaker 2: They'll watch up. What if another FRISCO representative for me? So yeah, it's like because we didn't speak up for that even did he right?
Speaker 3: Right? Did he?
Speaker 2: She bet you found weapons? That's all serial numbers. Okay, we take that felony assault federals saw, but the RICO come back with the RICO and they double back with the RICO and then and now they're oh, well glasses, you know they have one where you could you don't charge the CoCN SPEARSS when like, I know, that's.
Speaker 3: The only one person in the RICO. Now, this is what's what's hot now.
Speaker 1: Right, that's the new stuff.
Speaker 3: This is Hey, we're gonna isolate you.
Speaker 2: And we're not gonna charge anybody else, and and and then people trying to rationalize that law. And I tell them all the time, like a law right is like we see a law as a paragraph man a loss pages.
Speaker 3: And sub topics and blah blah and addendums and amendments and blah blah. Let me give you another example. So when I first came back from the military, right, they instituted the Patriot Act. They can anything. They can get your phone, they can when they ordered homeland security, big brother has fully come into the building, tap into everything you want. And then that once again, that gives them to go to a Rico type thing because we can use this Patriot Act. You're doing your homeland security. What do they say, puppy the guns across the line, sex traffic in or whatever. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So the same thing needed to big you. And it's like this the spirit of that law. Look, I no matter how much of an outlaw I am, it just means that I recognize why law needs to exist in society, right, because I'm not. I don't want this to be an outlaw society.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, no Wild West all over again. And hey, I'll live.
Speaker 2: My life outside, and I'm okay with the accountability. But it's weird when you watch people participate within the law and they don't make the systems stick with it.
Speaker 3: Well, they they pick and choose of who they're going to go against. Right if it's a high profile that they want to drain for money, because it's it's a money grab, right, It's it's the lawyer system. It's the block and.
Speaker 2: The prosecutor trying to make a big name and get.
Speaker 3: A pay right, Right, I'm going to tear down everybody to get my name up so I can go to the other side. Charge everybody this big money. I'll get at hey.
Speaker 1: Community like these words, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So look, I got a theory. Check this out. What if I remember Pod had this theory and I see Snoop cooking and round with the youth football league. Right, that's every city, but that should be going every rapper should have at every entertainer should have to be kind of working together. Right. What if we get ten lawyers in every community starting at ninth grade, and we make sure we pay for their school all the way through they've done, then they come back and give five years to the community then you break them down. You got two in criminals, you got two in civil you got two in family law. You got two in and their job is the mentor the next twenty and then the next and now you have it going in every city, a major law pipeline to defend us against these wordsmiths.
Speaker 2: That's all everybody else did, right, That's it. I remember no life before. I went to my my homies and I was telling them that on a portrait. Some of my homies could validate this. They don't remember when they hear this podcast. I say, man, I think we could do some stuff better. Like what you mean now? Mind you, All the dudes that's older than me was either in jail or they was doing something else. I was pretty much the only person that had any experience at any high level of gang banging in the neighborhood. For the most part, I was. I was one of the greatest says in the community. And I remember telling them, like, man, we should hey, man, you I had a homy named Duke. Duke was like this guy that he wasn't a buster. He would stand up and fight, but he wasn't necessarily a trooper. He wasn't a jar head, you know what I mean, That ain't his getting And I was like, man, we should make Duke a police and I was telling him. I'm like, man, this nigga smart. We should put this nigga through school for I'm telling them, and I remember they was. They just couldn't pitch it.
Speaker 1: Even now.
Speaker 2: I told my homies within the last five years, and we should charge a tax like a dude to be from the set. Every month we all contribute.
Speaker 3: This fund and that helps with that helps with rent, That helps with.
Speaker 2: Some of the young homies that's out there when they got some insurance dollars and you just see everybody because it's just a fear of like it's a fear you know what I mean of like I don't trust.
Speaker 3: Well once again, the smear campaign, right, the smear campaign is you y'all not gonna work together in collectivity as long as I keep pushing you all apart, long as I keep this one against that, the old Jim what's that called the just the Jimmy Lynch Road, the Jim Crow, the Willia Lynch's letter, right to pitch everybody against each other? Right? Why don't I trust glasses? What do I have against glasses craziest.
Speaker 2: They trust me with their life, right, right, but it's a differ for us to trust me with your future.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's so that's kind of what it's mean.
Speaker 3: So, but it's but it's also when you got to unthink your natural way of growing up. Understand this everybody I call it inner city syndrome. Everybody across the United States that grew up in the inner city, we all had to navigate through the wolves going to school, coming home from school, at the game, coming back from the game, we we gotta we gotta run and joke we said at the studio. We was raised around serial killers. We look back and show enough.
Speaker 2: I don't like the time she killer.
Speaker 3: But but do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You know what every right with some soldiers, right, if it was a serial killer the community, he wouldn't last. He was just knocking off people. Mom, sure somebody who might have knocked.
Speaker 4: The head some hitters understand that, you know, because the way we grow up, it's like we're black, so we don't pay two.
Speaker 1: So I got different friends, Like let's just say.
Speaker 4: Well, we didn't grow up the way I grew up, So he don't look at some the way we look at something. But like when you think about a serial killers, say he killed two or three or more people, you look around a lot of people that we know that in the life we lived.
Speaker 2: The definition has definitely got a little lazier, you know, right right right, our homies be at war.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 3: So that's I say, that's our running joke as we have trying to trying to understand this. Right now that we're older and we look back on it, it's like, Wow, we made it through this thing. We're the survivors to tell the story of how people made through. And everybody didn't take the same role to get from home to school to get through their past. Right.
Speaker 1: I thought we all grew up the same people everywhere.
Speaker 2: Me too, me too, me too. I didn't realize I was explaining this to somebody, and I was telling them over and over again. I'm like, we don't actually make money to get out the hood. No, the hood is not our enemy.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: And she couldn't believe it. She was like, I heard so many people. I'm like, they're lying, or they're not from the.
Speaker 1: Hood, or they wouldn't they was a bitch.
Speaker 2: Or they was busting right, I mean, and I'm like, none of us thought about nothing else. We hustled to make money, to make money. We wanted stuff, cars. Some homies it was just eating right. But then other homies, you know, like me, I wanted more. I want to pay for college. That's how it started off. Then it was like, well I can make my money. Now I'm gonna just make a living and I'm gonna live. So I was explaining to her, like, we don't none. I never heard that, oh I'm making money to lead the hood. I never want to cut I've never in my life heard a human being ever say that. Not none. Now I'm not saying something didn't think that, but that never would have made sense. I never heard it. That would have Like we too busy making the environment curve to us to curve to the environment. And she just thought that was so crazy. And I'm like, yeah, that's the truth. You know what I'm saying, like, yeah, that's that's how we do it. And but to the point I was saying that initially, like to them, it's like this level of tunnel vision where they like and I'm like, it's not that, it's not that I think I'm right. It's just I've thought about what I'm saying. And if you say something like you said some British stuff that made me think a lot of things. People could say anything, as long as you don't pre face it.
Speaker 3: Fuck it.
Speaker 1: If you pre face it.
Speaker 3: Fucked up.
Speaker 2: I'm already gonna think off time, off off time, pre face it again. I'm the type of person to take billion dollar advice from a bum in the streets. But if you start this billion dollar advice telling me you broke ass.
Speaker 3: Nigga tuned out off top.
Speaker 2: And it don't matter because you intended, you're not. Your energy is not there to help in a correct way. Now, it's one thing to be critical or to say something like you know, oh you know what, hey, you don't handle your money correctly. That wouldn't bother me, even though that could be a critigue when somebody's personally trying to demean you, like that specific title, how the lower class blacks became the face of the culture.
Speaker 1: Immediately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that clip, that's all that type of thing that And once again, who are they trying to target, right, They're trying to target a whole nother demographic to come and look at this on a lower level, right, So it's the two two part sword. They're two double edged sword, you know facts.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's all that's been. So like finishing the video, right, and I got a tunnel vision right, and all these people now it's three or four companies trying.
Speaker 3: To do deals.
Speaker 2: Everybody trying to Oh they gonna do a deal, glasses, and it's like nothing is gonna to change what I'm doing, Like this is going to happen. What that nigga said and uh, bloody and blood out American was one of this is going to happen. Look at this is gonna happen, you know what I mean, Because it's like I took too much time, But it's crazy to watch how many people just like clearing shit up with stretch like ship that I didn't even know that he knew, you know what I'm saying, and and being able to go to him and work it out. I mean, what you think like oh glass and not you could actually go straight to iTunes. I didn't know that. So, like it was just weird to hear, you know, my coach say that. He's like, man, I think sometimes you think you smarter than everybody was like, Nah, I don't think so. I think I'm not that smart at all. But what I do think is I'm always persevering for what I want to know.
Speaker 3: Question. Did you ask him why he thought that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: His point was he felt that when somebody disagrees with me, then and I like, if they agree with everything but one point he talks about certain things.
Speaker 1: But so.
Speaker 2: Like, if you don't agree with me that Drake is not hip hop, I wouldn't argue with you. Like you can ask me why and I'll explain to you man hip hop and street urban culture PERSONIFI through the arts of elements like the Brothers in New York that created said the elements. You know what I'm saying, But it's the culture expressed through that. And I'm like, if you wasn't raising it, then you don't know how to handle it, right. It's like if you don't know it, then you don't.
Speaker 3: Quite get it.
Speaker 2: And if you take it as part of like a sample size, like right, it's like KFC is not soul food based off Southern cuisine, Taco Bill is not Mexican food. It's based off of Mexican cuisine. And I'm like, that's.
Speaker 3: Pop it's pop culture, right, so I'll explain it hulture.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Drake is very much a pop culture phenomenon when it comes to making records. He understands enough about Southern cuisine, enough about West Coast cuisine, enough about me and West cuisine, enough about East Coast cuisine, shit, enough about Afrobeach cuisine to make a dish that's digestible for the masses. And so I wouldn't argue with somebody about that, Like they can ask me my point, here's my point. Then if you try to convince me separately of my point and you start presenting facts, then I'll present you facts. It doesn't mean that I think I'm smarter. I formulated my opinion based off of knowledge right now. It don't mean you don't have knowledge, But then you have to present your knowledge in the conversation. And let's be honest, most people just don't have knowledge in that conversation, Like why wouldn't they know? I just wasn't arrogant enough to think I knew hip hop when I made a million dollars off hip hop and didn't think I knew what it was. But I'm also somebody that realizes it's a lot of shit.
Speaker 3: I don't know, So check this out, glasses. I was I'm a substitute teacher as well. You know, I was doing a thing called life in hip Hop one oh one. I would break down the elements of each one and then show them career paths that they can make money off of hip hop. So we got the graffiti or the artwork, right. I wanted to set a curriculum in the school that they're doing hip hop as part of their course. So like pe, you would have the dance or the breakdance. Now we've just seen it in the Olympics, right, and this I'm talking about. I was doing this in six I came back to military oh five, so I was doing this. No take that back. I was doing this in eleven, twelve thirteen. I was out of Milpedis right. But the whole thing was I would have them bring in like their favorite song, and we would break it down with the etymology of it. What does this word say? Right? Yeah? Can we bring it cuse words blah blah blah snail, mister sail we go, Yeah, bring it all in and let's take it to the board and let's break it down. What is this r that's really saying they Are they in pain? Are they in celebratory mode? Are they Let's break it down, what is the message behind this?
Speaker 2: Like when I hear drill people, hear black people killing each other, I hear soldiers kind of singing about their experience and what they had to do to survive, yes, or putting out a tunt to make people not try them, like right, and I can just hear it. I don't have to try, Like I don't hear a song like I don't hear serial killer and hip hop people here like Oh, I'm gonna kill this person. I'm gonna kill that person, I hear, man, if you fuck with me, I'm gonna kill.
Speaker 3: I'm scared for my life. How about let's get down to a live or not live, life or death? Right? It's like trauma and PTSD, Right, it's either fight or flight. The motherfuckers that flight are trying to save their lives, but they're still dealing with the trauma that was created by that. So then when you come fight, what do you do? You create more trauma either to the other side to your side. So it's a non stop ball of yarn that just keeps unraveling. Right, You just trauma. That's what we're dealing with. And then also that's what we're talking about on the podcast, right, it's about trauma and grief. Why don't we know or why aren't we taught that we don't know how to deal with trauma. I've been dealing in therapy, going to therapy since I came back from six where we had twenty years now. I was the first cat I knew from the neighborhood that sat down on the couch and said, but I'm dealing with the inner city syndrome with military piled on top, plus on this, plus on this. So what about the cat that's out there in the street that's gang bang and whatever side, right, that's hustling, that's doing whatever. What about the females that got to navigate through this shit, right, and then they get sexually assaulted or they get raped, or they got people grow. So it's always some shit that we not really privy to of other people's traumas, and we're not taught. When I went to the military, they gave us a little book about the sides of a dollar bill, right, called the Smart Book. It teaches you everything you need to know about the military, how to break down your gun, how to clean it, how to build a rucksack, how to pack this, how to do that? Where's that book in life at man? Where's that book in life on how to deal with Trump? Where's the book or how to deal with grief? Because grief is a big thing. Once somebody passed, we don't know how to move on our transition. And if we really think about it, let's break it down to some metaphysical shit. We're balls of energy. Energy never dies, it just transfers forms. But we're not pumping that into it. So it's okay to transition to the next format.
Speaker 2: Yeah, facts, right, but I would like that's what I hope the Bible does.
Speaker 3: It does for certain people.
Speaker 2: Most people can't get into it or they're being lent. It could be used as a weapon, right, It could be used as a weapon, And that's the thing I don't like. So, yeah, that's what it's been. Yeah, I read the Bible like, that's one of.
Speaker 3: My favorite books.
Speaker 2: All the difference, What do you mean which Bible.
Speaker 1: First Edition? I'm just saying, like.
Speaker 2: Well, again, that's all more literal, literary, literary device like language. I don't think so it depends to Some people read the Bible as a history book. I read the Bible as a wisdom book. I read the Bible ass to connect with human experience beyond my own, to connect with a spirit beyond my own, you know what I'm saying. So it's like that's how I read the book. Some people it depends on anything else, Like again, like a Bible could a gun, could be like a paperweight or something to kill people. Right, So it's like, I don't think I read the Bible a lot. It's one of the greatest sets of books I've ever read. It's really really good, and some of the stories really just you won't like it if you're not in a discipline.
Speaker 1: You won't even like any religion, if you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: If you But again, it's funny because it's not that different from our lives because really, even the street life.
Speaker 3: Is all about discipline.
Speaker 1: Definitely. Like I saw man today he was on.
Speaker 2: I might have if I ever had respect for us, a man that was a snitch, That would have been the man he just told her. He's like, yeah, I couldn't do the time, he said. They they called me a damn red I was like, you're right. I was thinking, like respect from y'all to mean or less time. And I didn't respect that part because I get it he didn't quite understand what not telling us about. I'm not really worried about nobody body else's opinion. I'm worried about what I see in the mirror. So that's why I live my life. Why not tell I'm not worried about what nobody else thinking me to that degree?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like if it's I'm worried about looking at myself in the mirror, exactly, that's like.
Speaker 3: The Bernie mac thing. You say, ooh ooh. The judge said, who is that? It's me, your honor. I saw that man shoot him in the head. I tried to call you, but your line was busy, he said, who are you? I'm a punk. I'm telling on everything right. But once again, if you're not in that realm.
Speaker 2: That's not telling.
Speaker 3: That's not it. You're just a civilian in the classroom. I say, what is the stop snitching campaign? Y'all? I say, but if your grandmama's house gets robbed, that's not snitching.
Speaker 2: You have to be involved in a crime like you have to got part of this.
Speaker 3: But that's but the common agreement between between people doing wrong right.
Speaker 2: And this is kind of one of the things I about hip hop. And maybe I do have this tunnel vision with hip hop because it's like, you know, when we start talking, I'm like, bro, you don't have nothing to do with this, Like stop using these words, right? Why you using these words like snitch? If you're not a street guy, you shouldn't call anybody, you know what I mean. You don't know what that means, Like you don't get what's happening. And the problem is people have digested so much music when we're talking about hip hop that they really feel like they're part of the culture.
Speaker 3: They live in it. What do you mean they're they're living they they're from buck Toosa, Alabama. But but I can go extream this glasses alone a CD. Except I am there. He's painting his picture for me.
Speaker 2: But you're not there.
Speaker 1: You're there and not be the thing.
Speaker 2: You know, like you're not And they talk to me and you should see some of the stuff people say to.
Speaker 1: Me, thinking to myself, like.
Speaker 3: Twinter comments back in the day, Remember they was banging a little rock and we was on HBO, Like, what the hell are y'allish expected? You know how?
Speaker 2: I respect it because they was doing it so one thing. Play with the right play with y'all at all.
Speaker 1: People in other states, definitely, but.
Speaker 3: They got to prove something, you know what I'm saying, And.
Speaker 2: They already had their own problems just because they rebranded it with Cripson Blood. Like people think Northern California Southern, same ship, different brands.
Speaker 3: Different brand, different labels on this thing, everybody'll work wars or you can call it bloods and cribs. Right, it's the same.
Speaker 2: Thing, bro, It's just weird and you have to find yourself arguing this. I'm like you would think the Bay is the most peaceful place in the world.
Speaker 3: The way they talk about like.
Speaker 2: All of my craziest homies is from up top. All my craziest homies is from up to bro. The people I met in the music the craziest people I met in the music industry is up top. Feel me, and you'll be thinking yourself, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean.
Speaker 2: That's why that's why I don't say nothing, because I'll be thinking to myself, like, y'all really.
Speaker 1: Don't fucking know, ain't no cripping.
Speaker 2: It was a kid, dirty kid from Oakland. He helps twenty one savage and he was talking to me like, we don't got no crypts in bloods?
Speaker 1: Yes, y'all do? No, we don't. Yes, you do?
Speaker 2: What you think that mean? What do you think that means? You really think it's bloods and crips? Like the movie Colors say, like, it's a group of guys together and these bro they're all independent, functioning things and they fight each other. It don't matter what their last name is. Just because it's Michael Jackson and Freddy Jackson, they're not related.
Speaker 1: We definitely got our hoods.
Speaker 3: Of course you do everywhere? Did every block the block going against? Yes, and they don't have.
Speaker 2: So it's weird to explain that to people because in their mind they like, wellrypt. It's like, bro, you're buying marketing. You're telling me what a white person told you. I am a brother that is a crypt and I'm telling you this is how it goes. But you're telling me what the man that Dennis.
Speaker 1: Hopper told you.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I watched Colors again yesterday and I just thought it was so cute because that time.
Speaker 3: But at that time they hit. We was in the movie theater, like I'm like, every set was up in there trying to see, look what this is.
Speaker 2: But it's funny because they be like, he's the crips, he's the blood, Like what nigga where which crips?
Speaker 3: Especially eight and eighty seven eighty eight, it was all just one set of cribs, one set of blood.
Speaker 1: And that was so far dead.
Speaker 3: But they had to make it though.
Speaker 2: They had to make it digestible to white people. So they was like the crypts, the bloods, and the Mexicans. Yes, And it was like and I get it because when you're telling the story, nuance is not your friend. Like that's my problem as a storyteller, even in hip hop, Like if I made Tupac Must Die, I got way too much nuance. But I'm expressing the nuance. Here's the here's the development of here's the thought behind it. This is the like, even when you listen to the song and I'm rapping, I'm telling you how messed up this nigga mine was. I'm telling you his emotions of how much they even liked this nigga as a rapper and how this was hurting them because that's how I tell that.
Speaker 3: This is what I got to do. He's he's compelled to do this by his his his What's what I'm looking for? His being part of something his you know.
Speaker 1: And it's just really this level.
Speaker 2: Of poverty that we have that makes our reputation our greatest asset. That is everything. That's how we earn, that's how we get laid, it's how we get respect. Everything comes from reputation, so we have to protect it ridiculously. Like somebody said, well you think I Pak would have got jumped if POC would have if somebody jump somebody, I'm like Nigga A would.
Speaker 3: Have blew his head off. But here's the piece that I look at you on that piece, right, and that was a brilliant song by the way that she was hellodope, right, But look at it like this, Who was watching out for that man to keep him? If that he's the money, why aren't they keeping him away from that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: This em.
Speaker 2: So this is the question I always had with Pops, right, because it's like, so what the critique I do have a gag banging and pop shugar right, and this is all gang members is it's too invited it's too open. That's like people want me to critique somebody like Tupac oh Man, Tupac wanted to be this who wouldn't want to come be a.
Speaker 1: Part of this camaraderie.
Speaker 3: Everybody's trying to what they had care Evans coming from Frisco all the way down to.
Speaker 2: You are locked in jail. You're locked in jail with a double platinum album, a couple of films with nobody getting you out of jail?
Speaker 3: Where's single single?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Nobody getting you out of jail. You're in jail, a double platinum album, number one album in the country, hit smashes you. You've been a part of the hit records, shot got you killing you, figured it out, you got your ship, you talented, beyond you is the man, and niggas won't even bail you out.
Speaker 1: And then this motherfucker comes who's doing well?
Speaker 3: He did what to you? Where he at?
Speaker 2: That's why people people want me to get mad or say I'm like, no, y'all got to just explaining the story to you. I'm not one of the people that felt like pop did something wrong.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait, but he was in jail trying to get out.
Speaker 2: And they like, he wrote his contract on a piece of paper and they come get him out.
Speaker 3: Big, Hold what you need.
Speaker 2: Not only do they come get him out, they give him his greatest success.
Speaker 1: Fuck just getting out.
Speaker 2: He get a number one record in the country, everybody giving a the beats the best song right here. Man here, you got one hundred thousand dollars a month. You like what I am? All out, nigga. This is the mob every day.
Speaker 3: Wait, just what we're doing. This is when we all y'all don't know what to do. We did what he at the mall. Let me know he knew the assignment and body. And that's why I respect.
Speaker 2: I don't got nothing to say, Like, I don't got nothing to say.
Speaker 3: If you live your life, how you gonna live it?
Speaker 1: But I ain't got nothing to say. Bro, that man took off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, hold up, he did what he did? Yeah, they following him.
Speaker 2: Why would you not? So my thing becomes like I don't I'm not. I wouldn't be upset with somebody trying to be a part of it. I get why look at that.
Speaker 3: The lord, the lord of it?
Speaker 2: Huh you inherit a army off top arm a way but now he talking about what's his name over there, a hitchman and them talking about you get your money together, you want.
Speaker 3: To go to war. Now we're up this.
Speaker 1: I got troopers, okay, you want it?
Speaker 3: And we paid.
Speaker 2: So again it's like I couldn't be hyper critical.
Speaker 3: And the assignment. Also, you're the mouth of this thing.
Speaker 2: Your voice then you already read for Remember he was like even Pak was such a different star bro Like he wasn't like dogging them dogging. It was like natural talents who had dre to.
Speaker 3: School the music he's trained. This mother was preparing for the moment theatrically, you know this nigga is like he's forty right right right with this niggas like Malcolm X.
Speaker 2: Snoop like yeah, cause like it's Snoop is like a kid. This nigga like a fifty year.
Speaker 3: Old man aren't read and and trip this They were what a year apart when it came out podcast a year younger than I think seventy one, seventy two, seventy one. I'm seventy right, So just look at where Snoop was and Pac was as far as they tard, but.
Speaker 1: Just hit where.
Speaker 2: Pac was at now now, yes, I don't, because that's normally how it happens, Like, could you be on pack was prepared for the moment. I mean, pac was already bread for the moment. But that be the point where I'm trying to tell people hug and I'm like, like, so people are argue that, I'm like, this is not really an arguing point. We're not having a debate, Like, listen to what I'm saying to you, like, oh, guess you just saying that because he wanted to be a blood and this I'm like, they bailed him out of jail.
Speaker 3: I understand the loyalty aspect of it.
Speaker 2: Right, He's still a poor give a fuck where he was at. He's a poor negro. I don't care which one of them grade schools he went to. He's a poor negro. I don't care when he moved to the Bay. He's a poor negro. When he came to La he.
Speaker 3: Had a little dollars.
Speaker 1: He wasn't rich.
Speaker 2: So all this experience and it's like, wait a minute, nobody gets him out of jail. You come get me out of jail, you pay sug and Sugar is probably one of the greatest execs in the history of black music. He paid as hard as he made, Like Snoop, Snooper say that he's the reason I'm out of prison, right, you know what I mean? Like he went all out for dudes, So he paid for all these dudes. You give me my greatest success, my greatest success.
Speaker 3: But even when he win got Mary, Jay and Joe to seeing them out, they fucked up deals and start getting they making sure they getting their payment and they publishing, and everybody like, oh, we're fucking with.
Speaker 2: You should But as soon as shits, soon as it hit the fan, you start to really see that everybody align themselves with where they think the money is versus aligning themselfs where the soul is. And that's the one thing I respect about Pack. He didn't really, That's why I don't get So I get it, and I can explain LA's perspective or the street urban perspective of West Coast people at that time. But I'm not saying I thought.
Speaker 3: He was wrong.
Speaker 1: Shit he did with any motherfucking what.
Speaker 2: You get me out of prison, You give me the number one album in the world, You give me a number one single, which that really ain't even happening. It that's not even happening with hip hop, like Vanilla Ice, maybe a couple of them. Like I don't know how many number one records was pre nineteen ninety six when it came to hip hop, that was the Billboard Hot one hundred. You know, California Love is for sure the West Coast first number one, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think the Looney that I got five when it came out, but I don't think it went number one. Jen and Juice gen thing was number two. Jen and Juice was like six, like it ain't like Hammer didn't have no number one.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think, Jim, I'm trying to think, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying. I need to think.
Speaker 2: I'm talking a little bit. But I remember studying these numbers, so I'm panning through them. I'm thinking of Ice Tea, I'm thinking of Digital Underground, I'm thinking of Easy, I'm thinking of all these people, and it's like, you give me all of this people talking about Shug beat him. They didn't even make it to a pay side A nigga died before the pace cycle.
Speaker 1: Right, he ain't even making the whole month, you know, six months motherfucker this. I don't come out of fair with fourteenth.
Speaker 3: He died September, September, the whole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm tripping, you know what I'm saying. So I get why you have that type of tunnel vision like them dudes. You know what I'm saying, Like, I get why, I get why, I get why he did what he did. I'm I'm the ship. I'm the last person to critigue you. I was ready to do a lot less for stunner Man, and that I was ready to do a lot more for stunner Man than them, and that I didn't have the number one song in the country, they didn't have to bail me out of prison. I was ready to body somebody for these dudes. So it's like just trying to get That's why I'm really you know what I mean, I'm really very critic.
Speaker 3: I'm really.
Speaker 2: I'm kicked back on us because I get what we're fighting, right, I get a lot of things we're fighting. I get it, you know what I'm saying. I kicked back on us because I feel like, so, you know, like we go through a lot, Like I'm looking at somebody like po's life, Like, I mean, you want films, all these number one albums, playing the albums, and you can't get out of jail, right right, that's shit crazy.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, you can't get pardoned. Who named some of the people got pardoned by the president. But what I'm saying, look, think of think of the last twenty years. Who done got partnered by the president? Right? He didn't partner some folks that just you know, they cronies and Bible. He wasn't part of the he was. That's when the hip hop police and all that shit was out and the whole it's basically coin tail Pro two point zero. Yeah, can you understand what I'm saying. And that's what this has led to with the Puff things from that Cointail Pro, same same goodd.
Speaker 2: Even that for them to convince the general public of black people like Puff is like this mafia bass and you got this criminal syndicate. It's just such a lazy use of law, such a la it's not it's actually brilliant on their part.
Speaker 1: It's lazy on us. How we stand up for you?
Speaker 3: Check this out. Take the flip side. Eli must say he found out all this stuff. People like, nah, I ain't fucking no, this is crazy. No, that's right now, he's only man, I found this money, missing this money. People are dead for the how very many years and even killing or tell me the government is doing that, you know, Elon, he liked that. El Man, that's bullshit. They ain't doing that, man, they ain't doing that. If that was true, the government is shut down.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, I go into a position and I make one hundred and forty thousand and when I get out and by two four eight six, that's the greatest return on investment ever. Right there, you're five to ten twenty million to the good with four plexus twelve plexus.
Speaker 2: Human beings argue with that motherfucker about what he's discovering, right like this motherfucker don't got to do the job. It's another thing about that orange motherfucker. Man, I got to I always pay attention. I'll be looking behind the clothes. But once again, follow the money. Another motherfucker, the money, Another motherfucker. Where you gotta be like because again man, I don't know. Man, I don't know.
Speaker 3: But he's learned the power of media too once he did that show and saw the power. Because here's here's the rule of thumb and media right. First person says it is the winner or the is right. Now you have to either prove it or discredit it. But the first person that says it, they get the platform. So when he had that show, he understood the power and I can cut people off and shut up and you're fired.
Speaker 1: He's like, this ship works, this work. Remember he was on what do you think if you run for Persson?
Speaker 2: He was on Oprah and Republican the motherfuckers like, but he was he So I don't know.
Speaker 3: So the media, the fame, maybe the you know, because he was already famous if Tyson and everybody wanted to go to Tyson to his fights.
Speaker 1: I think his thing was power.
Speaker 2: So I think a lot of those like he was his family came from money but not power. And I think he just repaired the esteem and the power of his family you never had that.
Speaker 3: That makes sense.
Speaker 2: And Elon is a motherfucker who don't. Elon don't really need, Like I'm working on getting him on the pile, right, and it's like he doesn't need, Like that's the type of motherfucker I'll probably be really paying attention to because he don't need, don't right, I mean, he's not trying to change. He got different kind of money. This motherfucker got money all that. So what he be saying, should I be missed? I'm like, what do you say? Because I really think he is fine and the shit he said he's fine.
Speaker 3: Yes, pulls his whole team in and go through this with a microscope, right, m hmm. But once again, nobody wants to believe that the big bad government is up to no good, which.
Speaker 2: Is crazy because we know the big bad government is up to no good.
Speaker 3: But once again, it's the brainwash that's been instilled over time. We have all these these laws that we've been brainwashed. The same example. You take a dog to the store a hundred times every day, boom pot tied around the damn pole. He gonna sit there till you come back out. Get to the point it's one hundred and one times. You just go to the thing and drop the leash and the dog gonna stay there. So these regulatory laws, with the stop sign, with this, with that, it's been built up to the point. This is what it is. We're gonna fall into place. We're gonna believe that big Uncle Sam, this thing wants you. Uncle Sam wants you. This is your friend. Once what do they do in the seventies, They got the men out the house from the women. You can, we'll give you these subsidies and need this help. But the man can't be here, Fames, Why can't the man be here? We can help and block by help both of us, this one or the other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this will help, Like, this will help us get together and get it cracking faster.
Speaker 3: It's part of the thing. So once again, why do we think big bad government is out to help us?
Speaker 2: But again it go back into that conversation the media being able to really pollute the minds, right like, so now we like we want a mother, like I said, a motherfucker that's been a black celebrity my whole you know, younger, my whole young life. Trump being a black celebrity, my whole young.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every we was talking about Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they used to love to Yeah fucking crack. So it's one of them things where it's like, you know, I get it. But that's how I'm saying now, Like when I see certain things like with a Puff, like don't gonna be wrong. I think Puff got his own sexual devian issues, but it shouldn't get him life. What is he fighting five or ten years like R Kelly saying thing R Kelly should have been seven to fifteen years. Why is it thirty five years? How is this happening?
Speaker 1: And we're not saying nothing, kill somebody much time?
Speaker 2: Sammy the Bull killed thirty motherfuckers himself and got less time.
Speaker 1: He wasn't.
Speaker 3: But that's my point, that's what it's based on. The RICO was brought in for that then those type of things, right, and he said, I'm gonna turn states out ofdence and by and you get less time for a cat. But so they so basically what so they're not telling them.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you.
Speaker 3: See what I'm saying. So Sammy the Bull tells and he gets up.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's nobody r Kelly a puff could.
Speaker 3: Tell on because they were going after them that.
Speaker 1: I don't think they wanted them.
Speaker 2: Again, I think the DA's job, a smart deputy attorney prosecutor is trying to raise profile by going at the high profile crimes, even if you have to make it so they didn't have to make the crimes were helping them, right, So if you talk about r Kelly, they made the sisters made that television show, even though that television show is kind of long and really nothing's happening, but it was so captivating that they was like, Oh that's good. That's high profile. So some prosecutors saw that and was like, oh, this could change my shit. Same with Diddy that it started with Diddy with that the Cassie. Following a minute, they start reading through the depot that was fouled before he paid. It was like, oh, y'all can make this work. The cases be trash. Yeah, they knew, and they flipped through them. They're like, oh, we can make this work.
Speaker 1: They get what they.
Speaker 2: Team and they're like, and I don't even think it's necessarily want to take that back.
Speaker 1: It's always racism.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's the center point of it. I think it'd be personal goals to raise their own profiles. Yes, and it's like it's even better that they're black and they're rich. But guess what, you take Diddy down right, Diddy, and we're not thinking that we have people really that are closer to the park that's in America, but we we just stuck and now we look stupid, and everybody just going right, they're just going and it's like, so I guess the tunnel vision. I'm happy with where how I see things. I'm happy with seeing what wanting to defend poor black people, wanting to defend hip hop. I'm actually fulfilled, like I found my place, you know what I'm saying in life. So I don't listen to anybody you could tell you could pass information. I'm going to take the information you give me and make the most out of it different things, even with my record label putting people through creating a scholarship to putting people through school, because you just told me that, so I'm all in for that. What you're not gonna do is convinced me that poor black people are to blame, and it's because they're not. It's like math, It's like, you're not gonna convince me one plus one equal seven. Gotta ask some variables in there. You have some other things you're just not so I'm happy. I'm happy with my no vision when it comes to that type of shit. I'm just happy.
Speaker 3: Bro. That's what's up.
Speaker 2: Good looking out for tuning in to the Note Sellers podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the west coast of the USA. It produced about the Black Effect podcast network and Nowheart Radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah.