Speaker 1: Are you leaving? I you wanta way back home?
Speaker 2: Either way, we want to be there.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim, and give us time and a termino and gay. We want to send you off in style. You wanna welcome you back home? Tell us all about it. We scared her? Was it fine? Malcorn?
Speaker 3: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 3: Ride with Karen and Chris.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Do you need a ride?
Speaker 4: This is Chris Fairbanks and this is Karen tilgera Karen.
Speaker 2: I hate to start this with a with a question, but do I seem different?
Speaker 4: You do seem different? Yeah, you seem thinner. Have you been doing wheatwaters?
Speaker 2: I've had appetite problems and I've been going to the bathroom a lot.
Speaker 1: But that's not what I wanted to bring up. That's why I have that I got. I'm got a tattoo? What? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Of what of my mom's signature on my chest? Oh it's right here over your heart. Yeah, that's love please her handwriting.
Speaker 1: That's a Sandy duncan ops.
Speaker 3: I forgot.
Speaker 1: My mom was a fam this glass eyed actress didn't Andy, don't cut out al I think.
Speaker 2: So she was like in a spin off show called I Think Valerie Burtonelli quit a show or and they pretended she died, and then it was called Valerie's Family.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was, it was. It was not Valerie Burtinelli. It was Valerie the other actress that played Roda.
Speaker 1: Okay, who's Valerie? Her name?
Speaker 4: Her real name, Stephen. If you have a moment, please help grandma.
Speaker 1: It's Valerie Rhoda. Am I allowed to turn? Oh?
Speaker 4: No, oh no, there's a specific sign no right on red, Karen.
Speaker 2: But you got a you know, have your eyes shift over everything available to look at.
Speaker 1: I have to make sure they find that bright red thing in front of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because if you in this city, if you're at a red light and you're not taking that right on red and moving things along, people will shoot you. So I had to do my due diligence there.
Speaker 2: But I've noticed in my new hip area that I'm trying to get used to, I feel like I'm the oldest person there. People honk when you don't turn left because someone is walking in the street.
Speaker 1: I'll still honk at you.
Speaker 2: They still will for sure because they think they aren't honking at the person, But the person usually will look at.
Speaker 1: You like I'm the one honking. Yes, it's the person behind me honking. I know.
Speaker 2: I'm the first car. I know, but it's because of them that I'm hitting you right now. It's true to drive over.
Speaker 4: Then you needn't you have to get revenge on them for even questioning you and you're.
Speaker 2: On your break to the table. I don't like that honk, but even more I don't like look the look on your face. Yeah, and then that's right over. Don't you give me that look? I'll strike you with my vehicle. Yeah, a look is way worse than sticks or stones.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 4: Oh can I bring some like current events news to the podcast in this portion?
Speaker 1: Should we do the Fame song for it? Please be.
Speaker 4: Current events news? Sorry you were, you were doing all of it. I jumped in with more.
Speaker 1: It was just it could have worked just as easily. It was a fifty to fifty. It was like somebody at the news station press play on two tape recorders at the same time.
Speaker 2: Why do we keep that Beta max machine because I'm retro?
Speaker 3: Well, fuck it, We'll go live.
Speaker 4: So my favorite murder was on tour last weekend. We were in Nashville, Tennessee. We were in Litulllville, Kentucky, and we were in Saint Louis, Missouri.
Speaker 1: Those are all southern towns I want to go to.
Speaker 4: And they're great. It was so fun met great people that part of the country. Uh oh, I get it was a joke. Yeah, you're just being sincere. It was I was those our fun talents. I've heard fun things about those three.
Speaker 1: It was sincerity with a slam. H. Welcome to comedy, Karen.
Speaker 4: So anyhow, in the meet and greet line, and this is happening more and more, lots of people saying, I love do you need a ride? Say hi to Chris Fairbanks. I love Chris Fairbanks. One lady said, say hi to Chris Fairbanks. I'm a little bit worried about him. Oh no, I think because you are so genuine about your fears and worries and concerns.
Speaker 1: She's just like, is he okay? And I'm like, that's so funny.
Speaker 2: What they don't know is I'm just walking around whistling, smiling.
Speaker 1: No, I think you kind of live the life of Riley.
Speaker 2: Really, it is the what does that mean? I'm going to not glaze over that and pretend.
Speaker 4: Okay, think Riley Newton, Riley Newton a great comic Front of Fun Front No, the Life of Riley's like you just have it all, everything goes your way, okay. And I think because on this podcast, you go, oh, here's what my concerns, my worry. Yeah, people are afraid that you walk around like that. I think you leave it in the lexus. Really, I really do. I do leave it in the lexus.
Speaker 1: And is also my new R and B song leave it in the lexus. It's really should be. I could help you write that tonight. Let's do it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then when I watch my stand up, it's not indicative of who I am some of it. I'm like, why it seems like I'm a toilet and genital obsessed.
Speaker 1: Funny, I know it's funny.
Speaker 2: And what is the formula that Blaine Cavach hat It's like smart things, smart thing, dick joke. I don't know there was a formula and diagram of jokes that's funny. But then my dick jokes ended up winning every time because it's hard to come up with smart things.
Speaker 4: It's and also sometimes it's boring to come up with smart things. It's like fun to be having fun.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and it's fun to do it and then lay it down a recorded a heavy concert.
Speaker 1: Good wow, more power to you and your dick, Chris. But and it's not even about mine.
Speaker 2: It's about the world and your parents did everyone not even there?
Speaker 1: It's made up parents, that's not the fact base. They were never nude in front of me.
Speaker 4: Well, but all of that was to say that lots of people are getting turned on to dine ar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's so fun because this was my first podcast.
Speaker 4: This was our podcast, like our venture into podcasting to begin with.
Speaker 2: It only happened because I actually I think it was Jimmy Pardo and I know also Greg Bart.
Speaker 1: Told me I should do one with you. Oh really, Yes, Jimmy Parto said that to you. Yeah, a long time ago.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, oh, it's too late in the game for me. And that's was eight years ago. I thought everyone already had one back then, yes, but of course, and then I ended up meeting you through your ex husband and uh and the ended up out of your house and I was like, hey, podcast, and you were like sure, yeah, and then we did it two three years later.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was honored because you seemed I had already stopped doing stand up and you at the time seemed to be the king, like mister newfresh pants.
Speaker 1: I was kind of peeking.
Speaker 4: And the fact that you kind of came to me, you came to me on this my daughter's wedding day, and we're like, oh, we should do something together.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, I still got it, like I'm still alive.
Speaker 2: And really that's an interesting perspective. Yeah, it's different.
Speaker 1: That's nice. Well, I was just glad you said. Yes, we've been through so much together. We're hugging right now.
Speaker 4: But because of all that, Lauren brought us a twenty five dollars gift certificate so that we could get Starbucks, as did another person who since I'm not looking directly at.
Speaker 2: The gift card I and you, I'm gonna I have to. I have to look this up.
Speaker 1: Can you hand me that? Because I can, I can look at it too simultaneously. Thank you great, let's look up our Starbucks gift card. Thank you. I beat you awesome, God, how are you so quick?
Speaker 3: Jay?
Speaker 1: The second one was from j A y J from Minneapolis and nice.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of new nice guys from Milwaukee that came to my show. And I went to Turtle Lake, Wisconsin because for comedy, that's how much I care about turtles. There were none there, but yeah, it was a casino. Yeah, to be honest, it was a money grab carre and no, I'm just kidding. It was fun, but it was a lot of casino folks. And then a handful of do you need a ride folks came and it made me feel really good that they were there.
Speaker 1: And I'm so bad at saying thank you. No, no, I'm at multitasking.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to look up because I just want to do the same thing and thank these guys.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah you should. Yeah, I think that's nice. Harley d it at Harley David des oh d s. And then that's not dds. No, no, look at this caricature made Look at that drawing is that you Yeah.
Speaker 4: Your ears are not that big, but that's really really cute.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, with a caricature, you gotta go ears, you gotta go nose, you gotta go mouth, and I have all these perfect features and it's like, wow, we gotta pick one.
Speaker 1: That's true. You're incredibly beautiful crew.
Speaker 2: Next time for podcasting. Next time you see me, do notice my nostrils? Did you know I can put a quarter in my nostrils?
Speaker 6: Not?
Speaker 1: That's what looks whoa whoa? You ever noticed? Never noticed that? Yeah, my nostrils are giant.
Speaker 2: So anyone ever wants to just draw two wind socks coming out in front of my.
Speaker 1: Fingers there, but your nose tilts down so that that feature is actually hidden unless you do what you just did, which is turn your nose up like you're about to pluck your nose hairs. Yeah, yeah, it's at me.
Speaker 2: And I noticed my dad had big nostrils, my mom my bg dad. I think they're still big and my mom had him and they just long. But if you flare them out, boy, these things I have got. And you'd think I wouldn't have a problem breathing through my nose.
Speaker 1: You think I wouldn't snore with these bigger holes.
Speaker 4: But I don't think it's those holes, right, It's more of like what's happening up near the bridge and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got to take it to the bridge.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm going to see a doctor. Next week and the list of reasons that I gave him. He probably thinks I'm a hypochondria, but I do. I'm not, though you really. Yeah, yeah, they and I want to find out if they're all connected. They're all things I can live with, though, except the food stopping in my neck and not going down.
Speaker 1: Here's our guy. Oh wow, I don't know if I'm allowed to do this year. I love this place. Yeah, Casita del Campo. I love it. Oh shit, sorry, hello? Hi? Is this illegal what I'm doing right now? It's like fucking gumball ratty. I know it's crazy, and I'm sorry Sam because we were just around the corner of there, but I couldn't turn left on bananas. Yeah, especially this time of day. Thank you for getting me. I'm Chris spear Banks. Is so nice to meet too. And do you know, Steven? Do you know how we met? Do you remember? Is it through Tomlink? Yes?
Speaker 6: It was Tom Blanks saying and guess who is the editor of my podcast?
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 6: I meant to tell you about that care nothing really matters.
Speaker 1: What a podcast in Sastuus City, we are so much of it.
Speaker 6: When I actually took him to dinner, to like to lunch, to thank him for how great he is. He's like really improved the I did this podcast about like seventies TV horror movies.
Speaker 1: WHI you're all welcome to do? Wait? Is that new? Yeah? It's new. I started last this winter. When should be on it and talk about the teeth knife voodoo dolls? I want to, but you already did it, did it? Geoj?
Speaker 6: But like we'll do it again because I did it with what else.
Speaker 1: Would you be doing?
Speaker 4: Trilogy of terrors like the King of It exactly?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I got to save a few of the giant you know, the big like the you know, big ballbusters of this.
Speaker 1: Of the of that genre. Yes, you know, I gotta spread them out.
Speaker 6: It's called Sam Pancake Presents the Money Afternoon Movie. And dax Is he's like a kid like you. I mean he's younger, No I know how old he is. He's pretty young. I'm guessing is your age Anyway, He's such a sweetheart and he makes it better. And he's like watching all these old movies and you know, like the crow Haven Farm and you know the all those crazy you know, Satan School for Girls.
Speaker 1: Of any of these girls.
Speaker 6: No, k Jackson, Cheryl stop a more later, lad, these angels?
Speaker 1: Are you too young for that? Kate Jackson from Scarecrown, missus can. I just told your exactly how old I am. You did mugger than me.
Speaker 6: But yeah, all of those, and like Haunts of the Very Rich, which is about when Chloris Leachman and Anne Francis and Robert Reid as a priest find themselves on a mysterious island which later was Fantasy Island at the Arboretum, and you don't know if they're actually in hell or not. Oh, Donna Mills is also involved, obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He always had ever toe and something back. That's Donah Mills.
Speaker 2: I'm just amazing you knew what I was talking about by saying too sharp tooth knife voodoo.
Speaker 1: Uney finished all.
Speaker 4: Yes, because we just talked about again the cousins that I watched that with the night that we watched it the night it aired in nineteen fucking seventy seven or whenever it was.
Speaker 1: We were young. It was it seventy five. I was five years old when I watched that. That's too much.
Speaker 4: Because it was I was five, My sister was seven. My cousin Stevie was thirteen. I was a brand new baby.
Speaker 1: You were a little baby that I was babysitting.
Speaker 4: And my cousins Lisa and Show were like probably fourteen and sixteen, so they were supposed to be babysitting us, so of course they they were like, let's turn the tea on and I'll watch this together.
Speaker 1: And it was chaos.
Speaker 4: We will When we all went to bed late, we all went into separate rooms, turned on all the lights. The cat jumped on Stevie's bed. He starts screaming. Then we start screaming because we're like, if Stevie's screaming and he's scared, something very bad is happening.
Speaker 1: But it's just all all of us so fucking scared. And we had to spend the night by ourselves in the house. After watching Trilogy of Terror, it was it was it was traumatic. I've seen a.
Speaker 2: Lot of horror movies. I like horror movies. I like how now they're scientifically designed to.
Speaker 1: Make you shake. Yeah, there's like a signature to swelling music. Then we zoom in, we do a whip pan zoom.
Speaker 6: The Curse of Last Week. Every it checks every box in a very basic way. Yeah, curse again, oh Iris by Irish Spanish?
Speaker 1: Do you have you watched this?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry because this now I'm in this weird I've had a lot of coffee, but now I'm in this weird panic of those made for TV horror movies that only existed, it seems like in the late seventies.
Speaker 6: Early That's exactly what my podcast is. It's only that Susan, my dear ferend Suitsan, we know each other for literally literally at least at least.
Speaker 1: Susan, you're right when you say we were.
Speaker 6: Rehearsing facts of life, speaking of which, and there's this whole thing about Susan Berkham that was in my brain.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Susan Keran kilgart Bay. That's all the thing is, because it was like that.
Speaker 6: Do you remember also the one that scared the fuck out of me when I was a little.
Speaker 1: You were about to say, the one I was about to say, I'm go, don't be afraid of the dark. They're coming to get you.
Speaker 6: Salied when the little demons live in the chimney and they come out in the bathroom and attack her with the razor in the shower.
Speaker 1: It's a fucking bullshit.
Speaker 6: Also, it was written during the writer's strike in the late in the mid seventies, and so the script is very clearly not finished and they shot it anyway.
Speaker 1: Wow, So just like, what do you think she would say in the bathroom right now? Exactly say that?
Speaker 6: And Keim Darby, what's fresh out of ideas?
Speaker 1: Kim Darby? Anybody? No, but what were you thinking of? Give me a hint.
Speaker 4: Mine was called the House, I believe, and it was a modernly.
Speaker 6: Built Yes, I saw it recently. It's like early eighties.
Speaker 4: Yes, And that one was the one where it's people living in a house and that the.
Speaker 6: House is trying to kill that Parker Stevenson, Yes, and he's a rock star.
Speaker 4: He gets into the shower Kim or the wife I can't remember, and they're taking a shower.
Speaker 1: It takes forever.
Speaker 2: It is in their movie called House with William Katt, the Greatest American Hero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's later. That's a feature film.
Speaker 6: It's just called a house, okay, and George went is involved.
Speaker 1: Is that a horror movie? Yes, yes, and it used to scare me. It's also got some comedy. Yeah, it is is a little wacky. I liked it. I'm gonna watch it again.
Speaker 6: There's also an amazing Japanese horror film called House with these It's like one of those witchy Japanese schoolgirl thing.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, sure do you know that whine?
Speaker 4: Yes, you're the cat it's and there's like it's like she goes into it and like no one's there, and then every floor there's different fucked up hites.
Speaker 1: Crazy psychedelic bananas, freak out stuff. But this Parker Stephenson vehicle, was it called bad House?
Speaker 6: It's I think it's just called the house. The house, Okay, I think.
Speaker 1: So it's the house, house, and house is what we do. And then of course we haven't gotten house. You're a loose cannon house. Oh he was right, and he's on pills. Yeah, we should give everyone cocaine. There is a scene where Parker Stevenson or the wife I can't remember, gets into the shower taking a shower, shampooing their hair for what seems like an eternity, and then the water turns to blood and they get trapped in the shower with blood water coming on but probably I think it's boiling hot too, to boil them to death.
Speaker 6: And then does that person die in the shower. I don't remember specifically I watched that. I'll do it eventually. I watched it for research about a year ago. I remember it opens with like it's a real i'm sorry, ugly modern house. It's some where in central to northern California, know if it's Pedaluma. Yeah, but like the a couple breaks in and.
Speaker 1: They're making love on the line.
Speaker 6: And then the the the sprinklers attack them with some kind of poison gas. Because there's cameras everywhere, and there's old boxy, old school like eighties video camera, like right right right, yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: Like the house is looking at me, and you never when you're watching those things, you never think of all the plumbing work or underground digging. You'd have to do it all blood and are poison pype system. Even a ghost would have to be like you'd have to get blueprints, you have to know the lay of the It would be so difficult to set.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the ghost of sad Yeah, that is haunting there didn't live there before.
Speaker 1: Because it's a brand new house, brand new house.
Speaker 6: It's like a it's evil in house net incarnate. It's like an actual I'm remembering now because he's a soup. Parker Stevenson is a major rock star obviously in the whatever.
Speaker 1: Early literally yeah no, no, no no, in the movie I mean, okay, but yeah, he's a rock star, rock star.
Speaker 6: He has to get away from it all and recover. Maybe he's drinking it on drugs and so this I could be thinking, I could be getting this wrong, but I'm pretty sure. Like this woman who's a fan becomes his assistant. Yeah, and so he immediately starts fucking art like in the house and that's what he's in the shower with.
Speaker 1: And the house is mad. You never do that. The house is mad.
Speaker 4: I mean I don't remember them explaining it. I just remember what whoever left us alone that night. That was another time where I was like by myself, trying to process a house attacking you as like a seven year old or whatever.
Speaker 6: And you where were the parents?
Speaker 1: I know they were working, they were My parents were always on a cruise.
Speaker 2: Well that's right, I didn't mine. You could just hear in the background. I grew up in a Peanuts cartoon.
Speaker 1: Where does she grow up? Cruise again, Montana?
Speaker 2: And it really was kind of I mean, there wasn't a lot to do but go to each other's houses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in basements.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's and no one's I remember they're not being a lot of parents around when I was a kid, just going to the houses where there were no parents and you hang out those basements.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you intentionally went to where there was Yeah, yeah, it's but they ended up okay.
Speaker 6: The reason I saw the podcast was because I have this obsession with all the all those movies seventies, TV, horror, Supernatural, almost always with the female lead because I've much of the watched women on screen anytime, and I would only get to watch them like halfway through and that I have to go to bed. My mother would always say. I was like, tell me what happens, Mama, And the next morning I'd be what happened to them? She's like, oh, I don't know, I fell asleep. They oh, Sam, I don't know, so dumb happened.
Speaker 1: And I would be I.
Speaker 6: Didn't know how lots of them ended, and like you couldn't get them until they all got on YouTube, like an eighth nine. Yes, And then at the end of my worst drinking days, I were laying in my bed drunk for a week's week and or weeks just watching all of them to the finish and being like, that's what happened to Cloris Leachman and Lloyd Bridges, That's what happened to you know, Kate Jackson or Karen Black or whoever.
Speaker 1: All these childhood miss playing. Yeah. But you know what's funny, that Trilogy of Terror thing.
Speaker 4: I remember that kind of busting out on Facebook one time. Everybody that saw it and was incredibly damaged from it started talking about it, where everyone's like, I didn't realize other people saw this too, right, because it's so old that it was it felt like a hallucination.
Speaker 1: I mean like, and it wasn't.
Speaker 6: Available anywhere until recently.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 6: But also, can I tell you it is a trilogy and what everyone forgets is the first two are so weird And Matt I had this one friend who's no longer with us, but he was the only person I knew who remembered a line from the first of the trilogy, which is when she's this mousey teacher professor and you can't tell whether it's high school or college.
Speaker 1: All the students look forty.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's maybe college, but they are crucifixes everywhere, So it's a Catholic college and this guy with these tight fricking polyster slacks. It's like, I'm going to nail that teacher. And he basically drugs her and rapes her repeatedly. This is all on the movie you saw it five years old, Karen Wow. And then the switcheroo is you think that he's like he's gonna blackmail. He takes pictures of her with her legs spread out. It is really upsetting for seventy lord. Yeah, and she's you know, super hot looking here in black only with.
Speaker 1: Horn roomed glasses because she's ugly. Yeah yeah, it.
Speaker 6: Makes ugly and not in control of her own desires. And so then here she's going, we have to stop this. He's like your mind forever. And they starts to choke on the drink that she made him, and he's like, what's going on And she says, and this is the line me and my friends would say all the time about everything, I'm bored. And when I'm bored, the game is over and she kills him, and you really she's been going around to the end. That part of the trilogy is with another young boy knocking on her door who turns out to be Gregory Harrison.
Speaker 2: She hypnotizes them into up becoming tight.
Speaker 6: Yes, And so this whole thing it has to hinge on so many cific things going right for her that these guys would just do all this shitter. But she's not supernatural anyway. It's bananas.
Speaker 2: Gotta be in the classroom, gotta find You've got to guarantee that he's going to take her to a motel and get her, give her drugs, which I guess she hides and pretends to be passed out, takes all these contact sheet photos of her.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 6: And the second one is her is like it's it's like there's two sisters. They both look just like Karen Black once a mouseie spinster again and the other one's got this platinum blonde like Halloween headquarters shaking go wigs that would fool not even your great grandma Gurdy.
Speaker 1: And she's a horror. And then the the you.
Speaker 6: Know, the the Spencer one's going to kill her because she's trying to get the father's inheritance.
Speaker 1: And at the end, this is the.
Speaker 6: Horror platinum blonde Halloween wigs dead, and the corner pulls off the wig and it's the spinster when it was the same person all along.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's just it goes to show that people just take off and put on wigs all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: It was very common versatility of those blonde wigs.
Speaker 1: And these days could be a pretend you're a hereer, but these days it just says that on the back.
Speaker 4: Halloween Town pretend to be a woer ruler Wing Town. These days, though, if someone has a wig on, everyone knows immediately, right, that's the funny part exactly.
Speaker 1: No one's getting away with it these days. Yeah, when you.
Speaker 6: Hit like there's also the whig culture in terms of like RuPaul's drag race with the elaborate lace ruck situation.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and like taking them off and in timing wise and throwing them a.
Speaker 6: People having a wig under a wig under a wig and shaking it out and then doing a wham.
Speaker 1: Draw so many multi wig moves.
Speaker 4: So wait, can we go back, because I feel like we just picked you up from rehearsal for Facts of Life Live, Yes, which is your new show, but you are Sophia from the legendary Golden Girls Live, which has been going on.
Speaker 1: How long have you guys been doing that? We should that.
Speaker 6: The first time we did that, I'm pretty sure was August of fourteen, just for a weekend, and then it did really well. So now we do it like twice a year, like just for two weekends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've heard about it for so long that I thought it was older than that.
Speaker 6: That's Corte. Well, they're different people that people have been doing it in New York or San Francisco, but this production here in La Impostors. Yeah, well they think they That's the funny thing about these, Like when you're doing one of these things, the people in San Francisco heckling and these other ones are like, it was our idea.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you know, it was the Golden Girls idea.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was Harris's idea, yes, the woman who created it.
Speaker 1: And like so.
Speaker 4: And also just the idea that a group of gay men would want to then re enact old Golden Girls is like, sorry, that's kind of standard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. I feel it comes with the territory.
Speaker 6: Happening, since the Golden Girls were on the air. Yes, and then there was the real Lie Brady Lunch with all the the Soloways and all the annoys, theater people who kicked it off in the early.
Speaker 1: Nineties, which is how I first met you. That's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Annoyance Theater is the Joe Bill. Is that a name used to Yeah, I know that some people have those.
Speaker 6: Joe Bill, show Bill, Jack Bryan, Tom Mark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a guy, Annoyance Theater guy.
Speaker 2: When I went to an improv the Big Stink and Improv Festival in Austin, Texas, there's a guy named Joe Bill.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, he's just trying to drop a name. Man, I help her, Sharna, Yeah, that was I It's a book I pretended to read to fit in that. Traffic is crazy with what is up? And you see how Karen isn't faced by it.
Speaker 2: There's no times where I'm driving and trying to also at the same time think of sentences for this words other.
Speaker 1: Than oh my god, we're gonna die. And she's so much better at it, calm.
Speaker 2: She prefers to drive at five o'clock when you usually do record a rush hour.
Speaker 1: This is It's right. I'm at pressed, I'm sweatings. Thanks everybody. Wait, did we force you basically to take an uber to rehearsal so we could drive you home?
Speaker 6: Yeah, basically, I mean I could have probably gotten ride from Drew Druggie, but I I was fine with it. I do it sometimes just not to have to drive. Its Okay, Drew's Missus Garrett and he's the son of a bitch. Is going to steal the motherfucking show.
Speaker 1: Yes he is.
Speaker 6: I mean he hits new levels as Charlotte Ray as Missus Garrett.
Speaker 1: I mean, even if you think you.
Speaker 6: Know what she's gonna pull, it's like and so it's a rewrite where in Golden Girls, as Karen knows, we do the straight up scripts. Maybe there's a little spin on it with maybe a winker of nasty words.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe maybe a little Carrie to what.
Speaker 6: Socially when I'm Sophia and I just run out through the audience and break the fourth ball and.
Speaker 1: Screamed that I want to die, but you sure did. So this is like Jackie beating Sherry Vine.
Speaker 6: Like we rewrote an episode to make it an hour and fill in all this stuff, and there's a talent show.
Speaker 1: We should do a talent.
Speaker 4: Oh I can't fucking wait because are you common? Yeah, let's go. I have I have the tickets. Oh good, Yes, I bought my tickets the second you tweeted about it.
Speaker 1: Because I was like, I told that's how you told me?
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm fucking there.
Speaker 4: The first time you guys said Golden Girls Live, I bought tickets and then couldn't go. And I almost had a nervous breakdown because I'm like, I don't like anything, and this is everything I like on one in one night, Like I have to be there for it. So I've seen Golden Girls Live a bunch twice, at least twice, if not more, I think maybe three times, and I've talked about and I'm.
Speaker 1: You did on yes on MFM.
Speaker 4: How when everyone was singing the theme song together, it like healed me in a way that at that time I needed it so bad where I was just like, oh no, yes, everything is good and fine and we're all together singing that fucking Golden Girls themes song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that show win it. It's came up again.
Speaker 2: It's on some streaming network, like you can watch all of them now, and it is the it's a medicinal it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The feeling it gives me just not just nostalgic.
Speaker 2: I don't just just the colors, the sounds, yes, their voice tones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very calming and like relaxing, you know, you know that, like here comes be Arthur and she's fucking gonna fucking set this thing up and boom, there's Sophia.
Speaker 2: Whereas whereas like a show like mash just made me think, oh, I have to do homework and my mom's gonna start vacuuming.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how I was with Happy Days?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh god, yeah, why did Happy Days bum me out?
Speaker 1: Sometimes?
Speaker 6: It made me so mad when I was little that it was like it started out kind of being the fifties in the first couple of seasons, and then it went right to like fuck you, we're having feathered hair loves Chachi and everyone's got a mullet.
Speaker 1: With the popped callers. What are you guys doing? You're missing on this period?
Speaker 6: Yes, completely, I mean it used to make me mad. Well, Facts of Life sadly is it needed to rewrite. It doesn't have the same because that's why we can do the Golden Girls now.
Speaker 1: The writing almost all of them. Every once in a while you'll have a little bit of.
Speaker 6: Like really writers, yeah, but for the most part it's tight as a drum.
Speaker 1: Yes, So Facts of Life you did first.
Speaker 6: I did Facts of Life actually in my long career playing teenage girls on stage screaming.
Speaker 1: In wigs, terist. Some guys like it.
Speaker 6: Gentleman of a straight persuasion can have an eye out.
Speaker 1: That's a story for podcast.
Speaker 6: Anyway, we did the late nineties with for the first time I did it, and this guy, Steve Sobel, who's a straight guy's a straight, hairy, very like, butch cute guy, played Joe. So we played up the sexual tension.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious.
Speaker 6: It is only like nod to drag was clipping on a ponytail. He was just a fucking dude, a denim cutoff fast.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 6: And then we had celebrity like rotating celebrity natalies including Jackie Beet, Julie Brown, Margaret Chow and some other folks.
Speaker 1: And then we Never Never carecal Garef, who literally got called Natalie from Facts of Life were here entire Really, how do we not do that? Weird? I think I don't think I had the juice at the time that I that I would have.
Speaker 6: This was right. This was like ninety seven, ninety eight the first time. The second time we did it was three and four. You were probably too famous by that.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I think I agree. I just tapped into the juice recently. It's for confidence in being able to do things.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly like I said, I can do things. Also, I think for me, the Natalie wound was still too fresh to do it in four or it was like all my life. I was just like really or just again, I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Be called Natali, the girl with the hot with the grease stand, mix fix and motorcycles.
Speaker 1: That's her name. That show. Yeah, that's one show ever. Tig said she always wanted to be here.
Speaker 6: Yes, well, yeah, she's she's so well. I mean we also play up the let beonys of the but it's but a Sherry Vine's playing shoe.
Speaker 1: That's so funny.
Speaker 4: Also, I will just argue for Natalie in one moment to say she does have like a weird Didn't she and George Clooney when he came to be the handyman when they opened that dumb store. Didn't Natalie and George Clooney have a thing in real life?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, But on the show it was likely probably the handyman was into it was like this breaking the down, this conceptle like he could like her. Where I was sitting at home, going, holy shit, it's anything's possible.
Speaker 6: Oh, maybe I didn't really watch it because I was an adult already.
Speaker 1: I'm old.
Speaker 6: I was like in high school and college during the Facts of Life years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I stuck with him for a long time. Yeah. But the thing is we've all become because we were.
Speaker 6: I was in this indie movie which Drew is one of the stars of, like in fourteen or fifteen, called You're Killing Me with Jeffrey South and who you know, and like all these Brian's Sofie's in it, Edie Patterson, Matthew Wilkes and our friend Jim Handsome wrote and then Mendy Cohene, who played Natalie, is in it. She's and so we all became friendly with Mendy. She's come to Golden Girls and stuff. She's a delight and she's around and so she but we were kind of nervous because you know, the Natalie thing is yes, so we didn't We had to be like it's gonna be. It's raun she it's crazy, it's wild, it's really dirty, and you know, she's been supportive about all of She's like, I love you guys and liking all this stuff on Instagram. But then she's not coming though, because she says she's uptown. Because true just checked with her for the best.
Speaker 1: It's probably for the best. Also, I think.
Speaker 4: It's a different like I think people wouldn't be able to enjoy it as much because yes, it's the whole thing is everything's ascended up.
Speaker 1: So like if you knew.
Speaker 4: She was there, then everyone would be like, oh, like we should be respectful to her, where it's like, no, it's not about that.
Speaker 6: Also in the small spaces this happened the last round of Golden Girls in January. Three people came that were friends of ours who were pretty famous, Like you know, notice then I'll tell you it was literally in one in the back of the middle Lauren Graham on one side, in the corner of Sean Hayes, and then Ross Matthews on the front row, who is very well known to gay people, especially from Rurals drag Race.
Speaker 1: All friends of ours.
Speaker 6: Se Shawn and Lauren really had never come yet, which was strange because Lauren comes to my stuff there all the time and so does Sean. That they were like, the people were like because it's a small space, like sixty seventy people. People, especially those gays down there, were like just staring.
Speaker 1: They were really laughing. Was really odd looking up behind them, We'll see are.
Speaker 6: The comedy legend Sean Hayes laughing and stuff like that, you know, literally staring at the Emmy winners to see if it's okay to react. Yeah, oh that's and it always has an impact. So that's like it's you know, it's that can be a thing. And it would be definitely that way if Mindy were there in the front row.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, really have a And it's not a rule I enforced, but I wish always that it was just strangers in every audience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, al ways, strangeways.
Speaker 2: No one that knows me, no one that's ever been in family are naked with me.
Speaker 1: Those are entirely separate.
Speaker 2: I just yeah, strangers only, Yes, dot com. We can really want farmers only and that are strangers.
Speaker 1: No farmers that you know, just American gothic audience catch parks and then they run me out of town every time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be so frustrating that I would be so embarrassed.
Speaker 1: Hi, everyone's staring up at Sean Well and also in the It makes me think of what was the name of when you and Drew did the one where you're strong Choices. Yes, so they did it to mancho that was like half improvised, called strong Strong Choices. And they're too like these weirdo like lifestyle guru life.
Speaker 6: Pages, gay ex lovers hate each.
Speaker 1: Other, hate each other.
Speaker 4: They're fighting, but but they're also improvising the advice they're giving.
Speaker 2: And do like you're selling a cassette tape.
Speaker 6: We're selling well that we're selling a retreat up into Mecula. Sure, it's eight hundred and seventy five dollars a day for women. Men are much less a reconstituted We've saved a puppy mail up there, and we have like like a retreat and a gurt and everything. Yeah, lots of like naked you know, healings and all kinds of bullshit.
Speaker 1: And then we heal each other.
Speaker 6: And then we bring on our tools, which is this this is legitimate giant trash bag of wigs that I've had since the nineties here, and we dump them out and make people pick a wig to represent their problems, and we put them on and like role play with them.
Speaker 4: Yes, and then then at one point, and I think you were doing you were saying, who who a person in the audience is spirit animal is?
Speaker 1: And so he's just they're just riffing it.
Speaker 4: And it's so hilarious because you can tell Drew and Sam as people are trying to out like they're trying to different direction the riff. So one person says, be Arthur and then it's like, clearly Sam can't do anything in the b are through world.
Speaker 6: I'm like soiled CBS receipt.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's going like this.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And at one point, and I don't know why, because I know you. It's not like I haven't been to a live show before, but Sam looks up at the at the row I'm in, and then and just goes back row the entire cast of the Sandlot. I almost had a nervous breakdown laughing. So it was and it was like kind of like you look down the row like, yep, that is who we are.
Speaker 1: It was so hilarious.
Speaker 6: Well, the new one we're gonna do because we did that so many times. We try to get it on TV and a websteries and all the shit. You you know, you plod through with things coming this close to happening then not. So then we were like fuck it, and we've been doing our own things. But now we put it together a new one, which is called We Are Special Bitches because we came out of the Golden Girls and this our friend Joe Tower looked at me and Drew, He's like, you.
Speaker 1: Two, you too are just fucking special bitches. That's our new show.
Speaker 6: So we decided Drew's the drama teacher and I'm his star student, who is probably also fucking who's like this, you know, forty five year old gay man who thinks he can compete with like, you know, the Hemsworth. And it's very bitter and angry, and it's based on these people that I've known that like literally have been acting for twenty years and it's just really in class, yes.
Speaker 1: And they've done like a little thing here or there.
Speaker 6: And so we're gonna and I'm going to We're gonna write scenes and plays and make the audience do them. Yes, that sounds I love the third week of June Casito.
Speaker 2: I love improvised audience interaction where it doesn't have to be like improv you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yes, Because like.
Speaker 2: The way pro I know it, right, it's dearest, this request or whatever.
Speaker 6: No, they're right, Yeah, it's structured. Improve yeah, structured.
Speaker 4: But then the way you guys do it, it's just a it's like we're going to use you. Sure you can try to be funny too, but it'll only bite you in the ass. Like that's my favorite thing, and I think it also is an element of It's why I love gay. I will be specific to say gay male comedy, if not drag queen comedy. It's oh, you can try, right, but we're going to come at you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have no idea, what's what's about to happen to you?
Speaker 4: So, yeah, you can try to be the witty one in this audience if you want to.
Speaker 1: But it's a mistake.
Speaker 2: And that's I think someone told me that a long time ago, mainly with stand up, that you you will always win with a hackler one.
Speaker 1: You're amplified. All you have to do is repeat.
Speaker 2: But I still whenever it happens, I'm like, God, I keep doing well with these hecklers.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I don't just why didn't I ever just have the confidence and go ahead and try try and.
Speaker 1: Be funny or loud, try and be drunk. Did you remember exactly? Of course?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, because I didn't remind you.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 4: Well also because there was a Sam was a witness to a fucking oh shit, terrible murder.
Speaker 1: What you're well, I met murderer.
Speaker 6: I didn't witness you know, No, no, yeah, sorry, that it's fine.
Speaker 4: That's my way of saying anything, is like, what's the most insane way to say this?
Speaker 6: Because literally I had to say to the detective what will my part be at the trial? He was like, He's like, again, you didn't witness the murder the murderer.
Speaker 1: How did you meet the murder? What was the murder meeting situation? I must know. I'm just going to drive around here until yeah, we get on the top of this area.
Speaker 6: You know, you know how to do that, I think, so just take it right and it goes all the way around.
Speaker 1: It's adorable.
Speaker 6: Okay, awesome, Okay, So I'm going to show you some things Chris this week as we do this.
Speaker 1: So this is this neighborhood I live in.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's beautiful, and I live in the in the guesthouse of a celebrity friend.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about later. Okay, So it's right down here, card right right, So you parking then, because it's impossible.
Speaker 2: I do, becase I went to a party and I said, I'm just saying hi because.
Speaker 1: There's no way to park, and then I'm leaving.
Speaker 6: Ok yeah, we do. So this is it's here on the left okay.
Speaker 1: Now, oh beautiful, what a great place doing the pool.
Speaker 6: So there's like some construction stuff. So you see that gate mm hmm. And then you see this back areas and that goes up to the pool into me. Okay, sure, so and this is on the left over here is where my that's my my the BUF, the vehicle, that's my port of body, which is another story another police call.
Speaker 1: Get to that in a minute. Okay.
Speaker 6: So that front those front, that gate where those stairs are. That gate was open one day and me and and Geo also my best friend who Karen knows it. Also they're known as the drag Queen Ross Druss.
Speaker 1: Bless Oh I really I really like her. Yeah, she's the best.
Speaker 6: We were watching Rupe Paul's Drag Race East Coast Feed because that's the kind of direct TV we got, and so I looked out the window and there was this young man on the steps, and he looked very You could do either one, because it's just that down goes longer, so just stick the down one.
Speaker 1: Would you say, you look frazzled frazzled? One word? He looked. He frazzled, little fazzled. That was he accurate? That's accurate. He looked very frazzled. Yea.
Speaker 6: His hair was at loose ends. He was scruffy, duffy. Why I've made him uh.
Speaker 2: Missus frizzle a surfer guy that lived behind Ojokal in this.
Speaker 1: Story, I'm with kat Okale.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I keep I wish I had that changing rolls. So anyway, he starts to come up those steps. He's got a paper bag like a rouse back filled with like closes or something, and this like briefcase thing, and he's carrying a pizza flyer.
Speaker 1: He's just like, and I we've had.
Speaker 6: This is this area is close enough to like the area of Hollywood. It's not great that like you know, we get we've had weirdos and vagrants dragify.
Speaker 1: So and you just take the right.
Speaker 6: So he I said, hey, buddy, you gotta you gotta go down because because the window of my living room and my bedroom overlooked the front stairs there.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, that's the way it say.
Speaker 6: It's more like a like a like a it's an apartment as far as it used to be.
Speaker 1: The show First Core is just above that one garage. Yeah, that's great, exactly where Cato would live.
Speaker 6: So I look out he was he and I was like hey, buddy, and Geo knows him, and I was like, hey, you got to get out of here, and he was like, I need something to eat.
Speaker 2: And I was like, he's like, well, that's not recognized him from previous encounters.
Speaker 1: No, no, g it's the first person that saw him. He looked he was very pizza flyer.
Speaker 6: Well he was like gesturing with the pizza flyer like that was his astray to get food from us.
Speaker 1: Exactly. That's a distraction, yeah, exactly. And I was like, no, no, you got to go. He was like, well, I need work or money. And I was like, there's nothing for you here, please go away, and he was like oh.
Speaker 6: And I was like and I almost had to go out there, and he was like just kind of like stomping and puffing and being like pissy about it. I was like, nobody go down now, and so I ran out and I closed the gate. Once he got out of there, I saw him from a other living room window go to the neighbor across the street which we passed, and and there's a workman working on their gates. So he was trying to go and the workman stopped and was talking to him, and I could just see the workman like shoe him off. The next morning, I get up, she was picking Hi up, picking me up to this meeting. He's not a sleepover friend.
Speaker 3: It's not like that.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask you, well, that's another story. That's not him.
Speaker 6: So then he my sister who lives in the valley texted me and she's like there was a murder in her neighborhood. And my brother, my brother in law, we call him Captain Infrastructure because he's always surveilling the parameter and the perimeter and he's always like he knows everything. He's the one who found me the rehab to get into.
Speaker 1: He's just that guy.
Speaker 6: And his sister and brother in law are cops. His family's military and teachers. They are not fucking around.
Speaker 1: He's like he holds it down exactly.
Speaker 6: There, and that's a giant, giant, drunken, Irish Catholic family. So yeah, yeah, so who I spent a long Easter with on Sunday. Different story anyway, Easter egg hunt, cash prizes. Well, there's numbers in the eggs and they all correspond. It's like the fucking lotto. So anyway, then my sister's like, there's a murder. I look, oh, I wouldn't go to the murder house. Shout out at murder house.
Speaker 1: Oh boy.
Speaker 6: So then we and then my my friend who owns the house, and she calls me. She was like, oh my god, one of the neighbors got murdered. So here's what turns out. Here's what happened. There was a guy he was yesskay, I just go that way looking for work and pizza.
Speaker 1: Yes, so there was this.
Speaker 6: There were some weird details at first because it was I don't know whether to say these names or not.
Speaker 1: I'll say this.
Speaker 6: The house was owned by this famous Canadian TV personality who I had heard of. And the first thing was like, oh, I don't know, No, that's my house. No one's staying there, it's empty. The next wave came through of like oh no, this friend of mine, this Canadian actor was staying there, and I knew he was there, but it was weird and fishy, and he was the one who this same kid.
Speaker 1: At two in the morning.
Speaker 6: I don't know if he was high there or had just come in, but the guy got home at two am in the morning, loud music playing, and this guy beat him to death with a small sledgehammer.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 6: And then the thing was like he So then there was like on the community bulletin board, there was all this and you can just go up to the thing. This time.
Speaker 1: On the community bullet board.
Speaker 6: My friend who owns the house is telling me, like, here's the description of the guy that was fleeing the suspect. I was like, that is exactly the guy I saw last night. Wow, so down to the pizza flyer.
Speaker 1: It's lost in the blood. But they stuff, oh god, I'm looking for working pizza hammer.
Speaker 6: But so so this guy was like the guy he was just staying in his friend's house. And because that's the whole thing is like he so what you want to hear take this hard right right here?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, down and he said the classic throw it over.
Speaker 3: The believe that.
Speaker 6: People look at their dogs run over your people are always walking in the middle with their dogs ear pods in Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with the fifteen feet away from them. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then so then uh this we I it was immediately I had I called the cops to talk to me. I was working on this some friends fucking web series like every weekend that September. It was in September. And then I was working on that show The Mick and like that Joe was so funny.
Speaker 1: I wish that it was. It was so much fun. He was a writer on it. He's oh, I know him, he's my friend. Okay, cool. The end it was, it was that should last longer. It was so I thought you met Chris's story.
Speaker 6: So then I'm going to point it to it's It's like there are these steps right there, and I think it was a little bit further down here.
Speaker 1: It was either this one or the one up behind it on the steps.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah yeah, yeah, So the access is from the steps basically, yeah, because you can go from those steps all the way up to the street that we were up above.
Speaker 2: Because you said Canadian actor, I think it was that house. And I think I had a friend that watches that house sometimes. And now I'm gonna ask him about this murder situation too. Yeah, yes, you left bring us around so scary.
Speaker 1: So one different move that you could have made, you could have been the next Well, that was the whole thing.
Speaker 6: And then nanny was upstairs and the couple and they have two kids that live there in my place, are there.
Speaker 1: They looked like someone capable of murder. You can just tell him, no, he didn't. He looked he was a young, skinny kid. He didn't even he looked like kind of a teenager.
Speaker 6: So he escaped and then that same he somehow got to either Arizona or Vegas because they had to wait to extradite him from there. So that same week, once I talked to the detectives, which, let me tell you something. Yeah, no, you don't even have to do you, Karen, No, I know it's it's one of those guys that you and me both would just claw shirts off and climb like a tree.
Speaker 1: You know that one time there was a shooting in my neighborhood. There were cops. Oh you're hot, cops around me.
Speaker 6: Sorry's detective I know which name, I have his card, But we were I think we talked about this because my doorbell.
Speaker 4: Rang I opened the door and it's a guy in a suit with a big watch and slick back hair.
Speaker 1: And I was just like immediately like grabbed my robe, like.
Speaker 4: And it's just like some dude that's like, yeah, people are killing people and I'm here to take care of business.
Speaker 1: We're just like holy maybe it's just like guys that work for the city. It was a municipal I'm not afraid of any of that. I love a steady paycheck and social Security. Yeah, great retirement, Like, oh my god.
Speaker 6: He so my first meeting with him is this is how stupid I am. I had a table read at Fox for the show for The Mick, and they where I was playing Steven believe it or not, a bitchy, waspy fifty year old goth of Colin.
Speaker 1: To have the goods on Kaitlin.
Speaker 6: God, I think I saw that with an offer. It was a hi, how are you yes, no audition offer on Oh I was crazy.
Speaker 1: It was a miracle. So anyway, then.
Speaker 6: The the because that was like I booked the job and then they were like the detective said I need to see you like now basically to question you about this ship. And I said that is sergeant exactly. This is how like I was so dumb and what's the word?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 6: Not vain, but you'll you'll know the word after I tell the story. I say to him, I said, you know what, I actually had this job at Fox and it's a table read and I don't know if I can get you on the lot with a drive on And he said, uh, I have a pass that gets me onto every lot in town.
Speaker 1: And then he showed you bad.
Speaker 6: Basically he didn't say that because it was over the phone, but that's when he met and the pants dropped off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I got on my morning.
Speaker 4: Then then you're certainly welcome onto this lot exactly, speaking of sand it's my samwat.
Speaker 1: But then I was like, I.
Speaker 6: Don't because he was like, I'll meet you there at the at the I was like, I don't want to go to this tabley where I got a job offer with the homic homicide detective.
Speaker 2: I thought that might look bad or do you know you gotta go with something to make your character.
Speaker 1: I know what's the fucking coolest.
Speaker 2: I bring a homicide detective with me every audition and get all the cat food commercials.
Speaker 1: So then he said where can. Oh my god, Karen. I felt so glamorous and like in a TV show. He was like whoa.
Speaker 6: I was like, you know, can I meet you half somewhere over near there? He was like, meet me at Roxbury Park. He's like parking the red next to my charger and he had got charger.
Speaker 1: And what a cop? And so I just and that's what I did.
Speaker 6: And immediately as soon as I pulled up, I was like, holy shit because I hadn't seen him, and I tried. I was gonna sneak, try to sneak a picture of him.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that has to be illegal.
Speaker 6: And so then I had to look at all these mug shots and immediately I was like, and they're not indifferent. They have a folder, take a statement, they write down your statement, they record your statement. And then they had the six pictures on the same piece of paper. It's not like six different ones. Yeah, And I was like, absolutely him, and he was and they're like disregard earrings, jewelry, hair color, beard, facial fires, hats, yeah, pizza flyers. And I said, absolutely him, Yes, absolutely him. And did they ultimately catch him? They caught him good. They had they knew it was him. They had to wait till he got extradited back or whatever it's called from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, from Vegas. Not belize literally long enough to get this.
Speaker 6: So when we first saw the murderer, we were sitting down to watch watch RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars, and a whole other cycle had started because literally we and I had to talk to the cops a couple of times between that.
Speaker 1: Literally, me and g A were sitting down.
Speaker 6: In my house to watch RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars, I guess season three or four, and they knocked on the door. They didn't call or text or anything. And I opened the door and it's this detective and his partner, and I was like, thank god. Back in the days when I was Stephen, I was high all the time. We were drunk, off my ass, off my ass in my underpants.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And I was like, oh, officer, it's so funny because this is my same friend here that was here when the murder happened, and we're watching the same exactly.
Speaker 1: Do you guys have a sense of humor about this?
Speaker 6: Tell me you, dude, did I make it clear I'm gay and I'll do anything to pleasure you. So then they sat there and the funny thing, I can say all this right. Yeah, So anyway, I mean that was one time and then they were telling me, I forget that time. We just oh that was He's like, it's called trial prep. We're here just to make sure basically that you're not a fucking liar. And it was literally like the home of a liar?
Speaker 1: Does it look like the garage apartment of a liar? That's house? Gets me into your bedge, I know that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 6: So I was like, here's the window, here's where he was, here's the gate, here's where he was going, Here's where I saw him.
Speaker 1: And they walked through everything. Thing got the house was clean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, just because it's a surprise visit, because of course it's a surprise visit. Because if they walk in and I'm like, I'm on acid, Muggy's crawling across my pizza.
Speaker 1: We'll get a dirty house. Missed him, I'm.
Speaker 6: Gonna bite you or whatever. It seemed a little too on the nosers. Literally, this is my friend who was here. We're watching the same TV show. And so then I had to meet him again, like he called and we met him again, like a few months later because at that point at the surprise house visit, he was like, you may have to you may have to testify the trial, and you may not. It may not go to trial. All the things that can happen. He may just be straight up guilty. And and then the next time he came to visit me with his other partner, they were at the end of their shift and they wouldn't leave, and I had a lot of fantasies about that, really, but the partner wasn't hot.
Speaker 1: But the partner was just like, here's the other thing. What way were they not leaving? Like, so they were just they were just chucked in the charters and we kept talking.
Speaker 6: They made me look at another set of mugshots, and this is interesting for my favorite murder gang. Yes, he was like, look at these headshots in black and white. He was like, and I was like, which one is it? And I was like it was a different set. I'm sorry, And I was like I cannot pick him out. I said, He's like, within a shadow of a doubt, could you do it. I'm like, I was like, that was a year and a half ago or whatever it was, I cannot do that. He showed me a video of the guy the same killer on someone's nest camera down the street before, and the kid looked so much cleaner. It's like he must have had a rough night the night before. And my important thing was, I said, officer, is he's psychopath They seems like a straight up psycho. And he's like, he's not insane. He just is a bad person who did really bad thing.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 6: And I said it's worse, Yes, it is worse, scarrier.
Speaker 1: He's exactly, it's not one of these.
Speaker 6: Like you know, like full on like terrible child who knows what his child is. But he's like, yeah, he chose to do this. It wasn't voices telling it's not something you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he wasn't hallucinating. He didn't think that government was coming for me. He was like, I'm going to get caught because I broke into this place. This guy already owned the sledgehammer completely. He found it there.
Speaker 1: I guess maybe it was in the bag. So the guy was like, you know, I guess there was no trial. And the thing that.
Speaker 6: Freaked me out was like how I could not I thought I had him tattooed in my brain, the murderer. And then when I looked at this other set of different pictures, and they recorded all that, and then he did this after he turned the recorder off, he was like, you didn't pick the right guy the one.
Speaker 1: He said, that's just a kind of a lesson.
Speaker 2: What does it make you think more about when people are accused falsely accused, how that actually can happen? Absolutely, I know that was him because striped shirts. You know, why would the other person also have a striped shirt?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was all that stuff, and so nothing came of it, you know. But then they were talking about to go to jail though the I hope he did. I keep wondering, like, should I check in? I could probably ask the detective I still have.
Speaker 1: His car, come right over. Apparently I'll bring friends and leap out of a cake.
Speaker 6: But he was like when they were like trying to make that the last time I saw them, which was not a surprise because I was like, you know, I'm an actor, so I don't know what's going to happen, and I, you know, I can have an audition not be there.
Speaker 1: I was probably also just trying to like, you know, pretend I was famous in.
Speaker 3: Front of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And then when they got there, he was like the partner who was older and scruffy and I was hot. He was all like, hmm, that's what I say to this one, the actor's life, huh. And I was like, oh, are you an actor to the hot what he was like, I have a said card. Oh that's great, I keep it right under my bed. And so they were kind of like and then the other guy told me this long story about the movies he'd worked on, and like being an extra cop on things and then working you know how they had the motorcycle cops.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought after being in a car wreck and not getting the cops to come, they won't come unless you say, okayk my bone is sticking out and there's a guy with a gun, then they'll show up.
Speaker 1: Or you just have to have a film shoot right, it makes you pay twenty five dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got caught in a in a car accident. Oh it's also on the set of an independent film. Will you now come?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, don't give me still, you know how, I'm all once we talked about cups, you're hitting me.
Speaker 1: Your sledgehammer. I mean, stop thinking about Peter Gabriel. Sam told me that story after it happened. He was just like, I have to tell you the story. Like, remember that's when we went to that weird restaurant that was like strangely abandoned. Oh my god, that was weird.
Speaker 6: Is that bartender? Yeah, it's beautiful. Yeah, I will tell them. I will tell them once we're not recording, I'll tell you the whole story.
Speaker 4: Well I think we're here, yeah, yeah, yeah, this was Sam. Why haven't we had you on before? And will you please do it again?
Speaker 6: I will love to it. Also here and what I still haven't told you? And every Weekend'm like I need to write this email to this cutie back. Here is the one about being on my family's farm in the Indian village that got churned up in the flood and finding.
Speaker 1: The bones of an Indian village. Yeah, this whole freaking burial ground that your family's house is built off. That's a Poulter family farm.
Speaker 6: That's the culture gust Yes, And we said it's a time and this is an eighty five and we said, oh my god, Mama. We were like, oh my god, we're cursed. And my mother kept saying the flood it was the curse.
Speaker 1: You got rid of the tombstones, but you didn't get rid of the body. Stead you just move the tombstone, yes, but it was like they did. That's for another time. Okay, this has been a pure pleasure. I'm scared right now.
Speaker 6: It should be.
Speaker 1: You should be very there's you should be all the time.
Speaker 2: My apartment nice because no one's gonna Although while I was gone, someone tried to break into my garage.
Speaker 1: Well those sacks off really surely shit.
Speaker 2: I didn't get in though, Oh good, good because I took something necessary about a plate cover.
Speaker 1: Podcast mail.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, on a plan cover you this weekend for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, Friday night, it's the opening night, okay, yes, eight? Or should we not say so? You're yeah? Okay, okay, just like oh this will be this will come out after so it doesn't matter, right, I don't even know okay, only Stephen.
Speaker 6: Okayoo then I'll see you then, okay, you think away. Love it, Chris, it's a delight.
Speaker 1: I love. Yeah, you're the best.
Speaker 6: Thoroughly enjoy this podcast so much. I will announce that I actively asked to be honest about.
Speaker 1: But you did it.
Speaker 4: The timing was majestic because the three of us get into these text threads of hey, we have to record, Like Stephen goes, hey, you know.
Speaker 1: This is the day that the next one goes up, so we have to figure something out. Then it takes twenty minutes for all of us to be like, I'm here this day, I'm here that day because it has to be three of you. That's a nightmare.
Speaker 4: And in the middle of all that, Chris goes all all like, drum up someone to get a guest, and you text, hey, can.
Speaker 1: I be on? I read that yes, during it, and I was just why that is solved?
Speaker 6: It was it was this team to listen to my intuition where I'm like, do it when you think of it? Do it now?
Speaker 1: Because it's something in the air. Yes, there's a reason. Yeah, you've tapped in the same kind of intuition that keeps you from getting murdered. Yes to tomorrow.
Speaker 6: No, no, thanks Sam, you guys, I'll see you, I'll soon tell I'll take my leave. Tell the sweet baby angel shape. Can I say it's the same deck shape.
Speaker 1: He's a delight. I'm so glad. Okay, okay, bye, I love you. That was a legit drop off. I don't know it was. We were stuck to the real thing. Yeah, actually like and we don't have to next time.
Speaker 2: It's just a reminder that we had a theme in the beginning and we occasionally stick to it. Maybe we'll go to the airport again one day, although.
Speaker 1: I hope not. I hope not too. Oh, it's good to see you both. You too, have anything coming up? I don't. I have some plu type things, do it? Plug it up.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be in Bend, Oregon on May ninth, and Boise Ido on May tenth, and then I'm in Winnipeg at rumors May fourteenth through the eighteenth.
Speaker 1: Awesome. I should tell my mom to go see you, Chris, because she lives invent.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's terrific, Ben, I used to I have such a youthful love relationship with that.
Speaker 1: I used to go there just to do nothing but snowboard, and it was it's beautiful. It's a beautiful place.
Speaker 2: That included eating. I like, just with snowboard every day and then eat crackers in the lodge.
Speaker 1: I don't know how I live. Sure will malt liquor, but that's all I have to Yeah, that's awesome. Everybody goes see Christ. Do you live comedy? Support him? Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 4: I think all my things are when you go to this Clusterfest situation that's in June, and then our show four Clusterfest is Sunday, so I'm going up.
Speaker 1: We'll enjoy that.
Speaker 4: But and anyone, I'm sure there's still tickets available for Clusterfest, which is a music and comedy festival.
Speaker 1: I'm sure other things too in San Francisco. It is the June twenty third, even, thank you much, and is on on Sunday. Okay, yeah, terrific. Perfect. Well. This has been yet another captivating episode edition of Do You Need a Ride? I'm doing your life. It's okay, I don't even know what it's okay, d n they are, but you can honk right now we're in traffic. No, because it sounds like I'm monking of people. That's how you get killed in this town. It's one of the only places you can just honk. Okay. It doesn't mean yea, I leave it, you want wait back either way. We want to be there, doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and date Terminol and gay we want to send you off instide. We want to welcome you back home. Tell us all about every scared he was. It fine, Malforn. Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 3: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: To ride?
Speaker 6: Do you need.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow with Karen and Chriss mhm