Speaker 1: Join team Laugh with Me at the Omaha Takes Steps Walk in Papilion, Nebraska, June twenty first, twenty twenty five. It's taken place at Werner Park one, two, three, five six Ball Park Way. Take Steps Towards Cures Join Crones, a Colidis Foundation's largest, most impactful fundraising event, takes Steps as we come together to raise funds to accelerate research, advanced treatments, and provide programs and support to improve the quality of life for those living with inflammatory bow disease. Together, we share one path, and that's forward to mount remission and ib D cures. If you didn't know this, yeah, I've got crones disease and you're gonna hear in today's episode just how.
Speaker 2: I got crones disease.
Speaker 1: But you can help us help find a cure. That is June twenty first, the Omaha Takes Steps Walk for the Crones and Kaleidis Foundation, the largest fundraising event of the year. We'll see you June twenty first, and if you go to the website Take Steps dot Crohn's Collidisfoundation dot org, you can sign up and join the Laugh with Me podcast team.
Speaker 2: We'll see you then. Welcome back.
Speaker 1: It's a brand new episode. This is Laugh with Me, a podcast of Jeremyoda.
Speaker 2: Mi'm you, ow Jo.
Speaker 1: It's good to be back for episode number eighty four. We are on the March to one hundred. We're gonna get there far sooner than later, I can. I can promise you that, right, Johnny, Yeah, baby? You know, if Johnny's excited, I'm excited. If if you heard the top of the of the episode here talking about the cronzyclitis walk on June twenty first, I also said in there, in that little little minute long spiel about the walk, that I was going to tell you how exactly it is that I got crones disease, and I'm going to tell you the science behind it. And it's shocking. It is shocking. Now, how did I get to this conclusion that I should discuss this today, Well, I saw a tweet, Yeah, I saw a tweet. The tweet was it's a picture of a television. It said, you may be old, but are you this old? And it's one of those giant TVs, you know, like they used to have, like a in the nineties early two thousands, where it's like the base of it. It's one of those giant box TVs. Okay, but it has the base and it sits what a couple feet off the ground and then it's a big giant screen right, heavy as hell this TV.
Speaker 2: Okay, But the.
Speaker 1: Tweet had said this television was a symbol of extreme wealth back in the day, and yeah, that was probably true until until flat screens came about. Then you could you could pick up one of those. You could get one of those TVs and you were on the hook for move that some bitch.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I saw that tweet and it brought back, It brought back some memories, hurtful memories. See, my brother Kyle got one of those TVs and then he moved out, got a place of his own right. He lived on the third floor, which was great because then you could have like the vaulted ceiling. That was always a touch that if you lived in an apartment you could get the vaulted ceiling. It just kind of added to the space. You know, it didn't add to your square footage, but it did add to where it felt better. It felt like you had, you know, a big apartment. I have a ranch style house now and I've got the higher ceilings and it just it does.
Speaker 2: It just makes it.
Speaker 1: Feel like you've got like a larger like living space. And he had that first place. Out he goes, he's got this vaulted ceiling. Right, it's awesome.
Speaker 2: Third floor, except for he gets this big ass TV.
Speaker 1: And of course, you know you're gonna need to help carrying this monstrosity up three flights of stairs.
Speaker 2: Now here's here was my dilemma.
Speaker 1: He's got this TV. Awesome and at that point, all right, you got this giant TV. That's cool, like you, It's not like it is today where you go and you can buy a sixty inch for pennies on the dollar, right, and you can carry it yourself out of the store, throw it in the car, carry it inside the house like I do that. It wasn't like that back then for the younger listeners. It was a process.
Speaker 2: You probably needed somebody with a truck. You had to load it up on the truck. It was easily.
Speaker 1: I mean two people could carry it. But it wasn't going to be easy. He was going to be a three to four person gig. But here was my dilemma with this. I wanted to help him. I was a young guy, strong as a bull.
Speaker 2: I could carry shit. Right. Here was the dilemmas. When I moved out, he refused to help me.
Speaker 1: He refused to help me move any of my stuff in the apartment. Now, I don't know why we never discussed this. He was probably just young, immature. Maybe I said something that offended him. Who knows, Right, he was in high school then, I think he was in high school then, had to have been in high school. But here I am big brother to the rescue. You're going to carry this big ass TV. So we carry the TV. And if I remember correct and it's you know, it's three flights of stairs with turns right to go up. If I remember correctly, this thing had to have been two hundred pounds. Two hundred pounds TV up these stairs, and it's awkward, and it's that like hard plastic, so it's like digging into your hands.
Speaker 2: I didn't wear gloves. I wasn't that smart. I carried up. No big deal. Right.
Speaker 1: Then it was like a year later he moved again. If I remember correctly, this is when he moved into his house. So then it was all right, we got to carry this downstairs three flights of stairs, then get it to his house and then carry it into the house, and I distinctly remember helping with that as well.
Speaker 2: Was I'm very happy about what I did.
Speaker 1: And then eventually he got rid of that TV because he moved on he got flat screens and I refused to help carry the TV out at that point. But my point to all this is when I saw this tweet, it reminded me of how I got Chrohn's disease.
Speaker 2: And I believe to this day.
Speaker 1: That the strain of carrying that TV.
Speaker 2: Put on my body.
Speaker 1: Twice within a year's time span, caused me to have chrones put the strain in my colon, which then spread into my intestines.
Speaker 2: And caused the issue that I have today.
Speaker 1: Now you might be thinking, Jeremy, well, that's just not possible. That is not how science works. And that's where I'd say you're wrong, because it cast it's always caused and effect. One thing happens, which then causes one another thing, which then causes anohing.
Speaker 2: It'd be like, oh, he's got heart disease.
Speaker 1: It wasn't the stress at work that caused the heart attack, of knowing it was the stress at work that then made the heart attack happen. It's always one thing after another. Now, I was a perfectly healthy person going into carrying that big ass TV. The strain from carrying that man and it's not even that, it's not even I had to use everything within me because the hard plastic on your hands. Two hundred pounds carrying hard sharp plastic, okay, two hundred pounds, no gloves, you're holding it, You're trying to hold it, You're trying to maneuver. It's awkward, right, I'm using everything. It's not just arms, it's not just legs.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I was using full core coaling to help carry that TV up and down those stairs twice within a year. I'm not a guy that moves like. I'm not like a mover like. I don't move stuff every weekend for people. Right, I'll move stuff here and there, especially when you're younger and you're helping your friends and family move, you know, from time to time, or even yourself. You're moving what once twice maybe in a year's time. That was put a lot, put a lot on your boy's body.
Speaker 2: I can tell you that much.
Speaker 1: And I have come to the conclusion that that is, in fact, how I've got Cron's disease now. How can we reverse it? Well, we're still trying to figure that out. Okay, currently currently revoke is the uh is what we're trying to do. I don't know if I need to go through some if because if if the strain of lifting the heavy ass two point fifty one hundred pound plastic TV caused it, would water therapy help something a little more relaxing, something to kind of help the body. I don't know, haven't tried it, not sure if I even want to try it. Johnny, is this making much sense to you? Because if you run really, really hard, right and you're not accustomed to running, and you just go on a dead sprint for a whole mile and you can't breathe and it triggers something that you pass out, it was because the all I know is if you help us out. June twenty first, the Omaha Takes Steps Walk. Okay, we are currently eleven weeks five days away, So when this episode comes out, we're eleven weeks five days away from the Omaha Takes Steps Walk. It's the largest and most impactful fundraising event that the Crones of Clydes Foundation does, and uh, you know what you can help your boy find a cure for this disease that was caused by carrying a big ass TV.
Speaker 2: And I think that's a warning to you. Then.
Speaker 1: Actually, it's a beautiful thing. What the TV industry did, electronics industry of making smaller.
Speaker 2: Less heavy TVs. It probably saved many lives.
Speaker 1: I've bet there's more people that don't have crones disease today than ever did before because they're not carrying these heavy like electronics.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 1: That's here from you know, let's take a second to hear from sponsors before you year my next problem, Johnny, we have solved all of your holiday shopping stress your needs because the holidays will sneak up fast, but it's not too early to get your shopping done and actually have fun with it. Uncommon Goods makes holidays shopping stress free and joyful with thousands of one of a kind gifts you can't find anywhere else. Uncommon Goods looks for products that are high quality, unique and often handmade or made in the United States. Many are crafted by you independent artists and small businesses, and because they're made in small batches, they are the best fines. But they can sell out fast. Johnny what I found here. And I'm telling you, Johnny right now, if you use a promo code, I'm gonna tell you that in here in a second, this is what I want for Christmas.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Uncommon Goods has a recycled skateboard display stand so it looks like a skateboard. It just sit on your desk, sit on the bookshelf. I can put my laptop on it. I can work on the show, Johnny, I could be working. I could do your job, frankly, and uh, look like uh. I got a little skateboard. I got a little skateboard to work off of, which you know I love.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 1: Even though I'm getting older, I too love a good skate But this recycled skateboard is so cool. And it's just one of the many unique items that you can find on Uncommon Goods. It has something for everyone, from moms and dads to kids and teens. From book lovers, history buffs, eric talking about you and diehard football fans to foodies, mixologists and avid gardeners, you'll find thousands of new gift ideas that you won't find anywhere else. When you shop at Uncommon Goods, you're supporting artists and small independent businesses. Many of their handcrafted products are made in small batches, so shot now before set. They sell out this holiday season, and with every purchase you make at Uncommon Goods, they give back one dollar to a nonprofit partner of your choice. They've donated more than three million dollars to date. So shop early, have fun, and cross some names off your list. To day get fifteen percent off your next gift. Go to Uncommon Goods dot com slash laugh with me. That's uncommon Goods dot com. Slash laugh with me for fifteen percent off. Don't miss out on this limited time offer. Uncommon Goods. We are all out of the ordinary. Johnny, if you haven't told everybody this is how you're doing your holiday shopping, you really.
Speaker 2: Missed the boat.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what That's why I told my family. All right, So as I was telling you, I've got Croms disease from lifting TVs.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing that I don't know.
Speaker 1: You get older, you start to and this is this is kind of a lot of warning, but just something if you're younger, something you might you're gonna expect. Okay, speaking, I'm speaking out of experience. Now you're gonna get nose hair, lots of it. Okay, I've got so much nose hair coming in. I always had nose hair, but never quite like this. Like it's coming in hot and heavy now, and it's sticking out of my nostrils. And then I think I always have something in my nose, and then you know, I'm getting alergies, I'm getting sick, I'm getting cold, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Sneezing, and uh, it's just now becoming more of a thing.
Speaker 1: So here's what I was doing a couple of years ago, as I was doing those hot wax sticks, you know where you stick up your nostrils and then you let it sit, let the mold sit and then harden, and then you yank them out and it pulls out all the hair.
Speaker 2: And that's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 1: The feeling after it is just incredible. You can breathe again, right. But I'm wondering because I also read that the hair is a good thing because it fights off bacterias and germs and stuff. I don't know if that's true or not, but what I do know is I can breathe. Also, the hair tends to come in fuller after the fact. So I'm at this kind of unique spot now where I really want to do the hot wax sticks. I might even do it today, ah, because it's really starting to bother me.
Speaker 2: You know. It's long.
Speaker 1: It's like at that point where I'm like shoving it back in because the hairs are sticking out. I'm shoving the hairs back up there, and I'm like, I don't know if that's what you're supposed to do. And then sometimes I'll pull I'll yank them out, right, I'll just yank them out. But then I sneeze so freaking hard. And I'm a hard sneezer anyway, I don't you guys like I've seen people that are like one sneeze at a time. I'm like a two, three, even a four from time to time sneeze guy. And they're they're like they'll bring me down on my knees like it's a it's a hard sneeze. Like when I sneeze, it's like I'm the quarterback and I'm doing a hard count trying to get the defense to jump. That's me when I'm sneezing. It's fourth and two and I'm just trying to get the defense to jump, get the penalty, get the first down. Yeah, that's me when I sneeze, and then if I hold in the sneeze, it really hurts my head. So I wonder if lifting that big ass TV of Kyle's is what caused me to have Chromb's disease and holding in these big ass.
Speaker 2: Sneezes is what causes the migraines. I don't know. I'm not a doctor.
Speaker 1: Fuck anyway, I got this long ass nose air and the lords like, I don't want to keep shoving it up there, especially if it gets longer. It's just gonna become a problem because then if they happen to fall out of my nostril, then it's like, what is that? It looks like noodles falling out of your nose all the time, and I don't have time for noodles. I do enjoy spaghetti, spaghetti, some meat balls.
Speaker 2: I'm a big fan of that. I just don't need it flying out of my nose.
Speaker 1: So that's kind of hey. Man, this is forty one, right, this is where I'm at. So all the younger folks listening to this show, get ready. Take care of your stuff, man, take care of your shit before because you get some weird stuff.
Speaker 2: Happening as you get older.
Speaker 1: You think, oh, yeah, yeah, I know, you'll start to slow down, your knees will start popping, creaking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all those things. All of that is true.
Speaker 1: You're also gonna have long ass nose hairs that you could decide whether to braid or not, or you can just do the hot wax sticks and yank them out all together. I think that I'm leaning that way. I'm leaning that way because if I can't cure the Crohn's disease, I might as well fix my long ass nose hair problem at least for the time being. And you know, and you're some of you guys are going to get long ass like all this ear hair too. I I don't get a lot of that. I do get one or two I get like one strand I'm not not like one or two patches.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I get one or two strands of the and long ear hair and it's just flapping in the wind.
Speaker 2: I do yank that because that's weird.
Speaker 1: And the eyebrows too, and they're starting to come in different colors, like yeah, I red hair. It's it's starting in my chin. It's starting to be white, and in my eyebrows it is starting to be white or black.
Speaker 2: Now. The black I can only assume is related to the Crones disease. But the white makes a whole heck.
Speaker 1: Of a lot of sense because my hair won't gray. It's just gonna go white someday. And they say it starts in your chin, So here I am. I'm well on my way down forty one years old in eighty fourth episode of flaugh with Me, and I'm finally getting that white hair up in my chin, so you know, I'm gonna take care of the nose problem before before it's white in there. And then people are like, what do you got in your nose?
Speaker 2: Brother? Like just the Crones disease. Bob Bob Bob
Speaker 1: U