Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the stock movers report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenovack, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to the S and P five hundred, going back there. You know what's interesting. Even though we're seeing a move up generally again in the major averages, guys, we've got two hundred eight names in the S and P five hundred, Yes, gaining ground, but isabelle more names are actually losing ground on this Friday two hundred and ninety five to the downside.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at my imap here and unless I'm looking at the right thing, it's actually interesting how it's not all green. You see their tech up by almost two percent, Materials also higher, but you have a couple of red there. I'm seeing healthcare down by six tens of one percent, consumer staples, energy and financials also in the red.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, I want to go do some of the individual gainers if I may. In today's trade, I got to talk about the semiconductors man just on fire, Intel up almost fourteen percent. You had Micron up about fifteen and a half percent, and you had a lot of options activity.
Speaker 3: Around Micron as well.
Speaker 1: I think it was seventy five dollars puts where you saw a lot of activity. Philadelphia's Semiconductor index that was up about five and a half percent. Nearly all names in the socks there are thirty of them higher in today's session, socks is up sixty five percent roughly year to date. We did see it come under pressure like a lot of the market following the US War and Iran when that started. Apple and Intel, let's get to some news and fundamentals for Intel. Apple and Intel have reached a preliminary agreement for Intel to manufacture some of the chipst power Apple devices. According to people familiar intentsive talks between the two have been ongoing for more than a year. They hammered out a formal deal in recent months. These people said. It's still unclear though which Apple products Intel would make chips for.
Speaker 3: These people say this was in the Wall Street Journal, But if.
Speaker 1: You remember on Tuesday, our team of Mark german Ian King and Ryan Gould had talked about Apple having exploratory discussions about using Intel and also Samsung Electronics to produce the main processors for its devices in the US.
Speaker 3: So anyway, this certainly got the stock moving.
Speaker 1: But if you read what Bloomberg says, you would have had a little bit of a head up.
Speaker 3: Jeryld out there, Do you have no excuse?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 3: I know, I said, darn.
Speaker 1: I wish I had everything in semiconductors because they've been just on a run certainly this year.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's a little bit on over to Dell ralling today. This is President Trump said, go out and buy Adell.
Speaker 1: They're great, repeating his praise for founder Michael Dell and really the whole Dell family for its philanthropy and backing and giving contributions to those Trump accounts. This was at a Mother's Day event at the White House, so you did see Dell getting a kick to the upside, up about thirteen percent more than a kick, I know.
Speaker 3: Is that amazing?
Speaker 1: And then here's for something non tech, low tech, no tech monster beverage. This was certain and now performer in today's session top in the S ANDPN Nasdaq. It was up about thirteen and a half percent, hitting an inter day high as much as seventeen percent. The company reported first quarter justin earnings per show that beat the average analyst estimates. JP Morgan raising its price target RBC. Two options today also surging around this one actually was I'm sorry, I think I said options around Micron.
Speaker 3: Oops.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it's Friday option surging around Monster that was led by seventy five dollars share puts.
Speaker 3: I'm really sorry, guys, but I did correct it. All right. I'm going to get to some of the decliners today. It's been a long week. She has to travel back from La Thank you, thank you, I love you, Scarlett.
Speaker 5: Look at cloud Flair down twenty six twenty three point six percent today. It's the worst day ever for this company. Interestingly enough, though, trading out one hundred and ninety six thirteen. It's only down to levels that were seeing just last month, so it had quite a run up over.
Speaker 3: The past few weeks.
Speaker 5: Still, it's important to note the company said late yesterday with slash jobs. It gave a forecast for revenue that fell of analyst expectations. It's going to slash its current workforce by about a fifth of the total eleven hundred employees. It's prioritizing AI tools in the operating model. The company also projected revenue for the quarter that fell short of estimates. Also, let's take a look at what happened to shares of Expedia today. They posted quarterly revenue that was up fifteen percent from a year earlier, but gave a tepid gross bookings for the second quarter forecast down nine percent. Today. Analysts pointed to macroeconomic pressures weighing on the guidance, though Expedia did say we expect healthy demand from the FIFA World Cup and forecasts at second quarter revenue between four hundred point four point one one billion to four point one to nine billion dollars. Shares fell by just over nine percent, and finally, Core weave today. Shares dropped after the company gave a disappointing forecast for the current quarter. It's more concerns about slowing growth. Revenue for the second quarter will range from two point four to five to two point six billion. That was short of the two point seven billion scarlet that lists wanted to see. Core we've done by eleven point four percent today.
Speaker 6: All right, good stub Let's move on to the fixed income space. We saw a bid for US treasuries higher price means lower yields, especially at the short end of the curve. We had a better than expected April jobs report, but nothing that forces the fence hand, so you're seeing yields come down for the two year. We're now sitting at three point eight nine percent. For the thirty year. People have been eyeing that five percent level. We got there earlier this week, but we're ending the week away from it now at four point nine four percent, and the tenure currently at four point three six percent.
Speaker 3: Well within the range that it's established. All Right, guys, this is really important.
Speaker 1: You know we talk about concerned about private credit or the over AI spin. Well, apparently gelato is getting a bit odd and weird, and not everybody's happening is happy about it. Sub let Hey, I don't know. It's a gelato shop in Bologna. It produces small quantities of gelato using high quality, meticulously sourced ingredients, without thickeners or most of I think the point of this story that our Joel Heart did here at Bloomberg is that they're also getting into some different weird flavors.
Speaker 5: I thought the point of the story was so Joel could go to Italy and eat gelato.
Speaker 3: Because to Italy, to Dotto.
Speaker 1: What it seems like to the editors, Hey, like is really important gelato story. There's concerns like yeah, around with the ingredients and I gotta go.
Speaker 5: In all seriousness, it's one of the most red stories on the Bloomberg terminal. It's about the evolution of gelato in Italy. How it's particularly focused on the northern region with gelato shops. They're offering innovative flavors, techniques, and it showcases gelatto as this key component of Italian food and cuisine. It's enough for me to go there.
Speaker 1: There's one with a it's a reconstructed cheese gelato made with waist starter penicillium candidum, I guess, and a parmesano garum topping.
Speaker 4: It's too innovative for me. I just want to stick with my nice dark chocolate. There's there's moral mushroom and sake. I mean, I guess it's for a small niche of people and maybe a big group, but not for me.
Speaker 3: With you too.
Speaker 6: A shout out to Minimal, which is a gelato shop in Taijung, Taiwan, which has a Michelin star.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I should pitch at Scarlett then we can go.
Speaker 6: I have a pitch already in mind for Gelato around the World.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 6: The other story that I'm keeping my eye on. I don't know if you guys have any kids in college. I know, Carol you once did. I have two in school right now. And there's this online platform that all these college students need to use. It's called Canvas. There's a hack into it, and it came yesterday. It actually came a few days ago, but it really got publicized the last few days now. As a result, the University of Illinois, Virginia Tech, and Southern Methodist University, among others, have postponed their finals because of this. Kids can't get onto the platform, they can't check the study guides, Professors can't communicate with the with the students. It's a big mess.
Speaker 3: I got to tell you. This is terrifying to me.
Speaker 1: And I have these bad dreams that I'm like, I'm going to one day my phone like all my accounts are going to be hot. There's going to be no money in my bank account, no money in my investment account.
Speaker 3: Like it just tears revise me.
Speaker 1: And I just feel like these are the kind of things that were I don't know, I just find it really upsetting.
Speaker 5: I took about a decade between undergraduate and then going to graduate school, and by the time I got there was like no technology when I was an undergraduate, truly so much now. And then by the time ten years later, which was actually ten years ago I got to graduate school, they were using canvas and it was a completely different experience there. There was every syllabus was on there. I can't just given that this is the backbone and this was like a decade ago, this is the backbone of how every class is done in certain universities. Of course, it makes sense they'd have to delay finals because this is this is the infrastructure that that academia runs on.
Speaker 6: And the market here that this company has instructure, which is owned by private equity owned by KKR.
Speaker 3: In fact, it's incredible.
Speaker 6: Everyone seems to be affected in one way, shape or form.
Speaker 4: I miss analog days when I had to bring a paper slip to my parents and make them sign them.
Speaker 3: I know, I like paper. I like paper.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna say that I still have a calendar book, like we all grew up with papers.
Speaker 3: So you know, there's a. It's comforting, right, I know, I know. Comforting was having you guys. This was really fun.
Speaker 1: A great way to wrap up the day in the week, so have a great, great weekend.
Speaker 2: The Stockmovers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.