Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heeart Radio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hi Jana, Hi.
Speaker 3: I always stare at Kat in the thing because she just looks miserable, miserable.
Speaker 2: You were like I was listening, Yeah, yeah, yeah, where are you?
Speaker 4: I am?
Speaker 2: You left your ear int here?
Speaker 5: I did?
Speaker 2: J I'm great, wow checking in.
Speaker 4: You seem a little flustered today.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I'm good today.
Speaker 4: You're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm great.
Speaker 4: I don't know why you could possibly be flustered exactly, nothing going on.
Speaker 2: Having a baby, moving into a house, planning a wedding, and you have a handsome viance. Thank you. I just can't imagine why one would be flustered. I shampooed. I'd like to give a shout out to myself. That's great. Like that.
Speaker 4: That looks great.
Speaker 2: Let's not go too crazy. It looks clean, it looks.
Speaker 4: Clean, looks amazing. So what were you about to say?
Speaker 2: Kab I'm disturbed, So I listen. I think we all struggle with this piece of social media anyways about sharing our children, right m hm. So I shared this picture on a story of Legends big Manfoot, because he's just huge. All of a sudden, it's like hurting my feelings and becoming little boys for sure, like true boys.
Speaker 4: Like dudes.
Speaker 2: Like he's starting to smell like a dude when he comes home from like baseball. I'm like, oh my sweat dirt, Like this is crazy, you know. And so I put lyon's little foot. The baby's little foot was next to his foot, just their feet and that's all it was. And I got this DM that was like make money off of feet pictures. Oh that's just is just so agusting.
Speaker 5: I want.
Speaker 2: I mean, if I it wouldn't go anywhere if I wrote back. But I did have a moment. I was just wanted to type a few things, but I didn't. And it's anyways, that's that. It just really disturbed me. Just fliprey space out there. Guys, Yeah, cares baby.
Speaker 1: Would happen if you were like yeah, I would love that, and like would they really be like send me more feet of your children?
Speaker 2: That's a thing, right, It's disgusting, That's what I'm saying. That's so disgusting. It's like unfortunate world. Yeah, the pedophiles in this world today is disgusting. So I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: I just I was wondering people love like well, adult feet, but I wondered if it went general.
Speaker 4: I can't have this conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird, like it. I totally hate it. I had to. You knew I did. I'm the lame joke maker. No, but that's there's a I don't there's a line. Yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 3: People do make a lot of money and that only fancing though. I just would never do it because the same thing. Whenever I post my feet, people would be like, get an only fans account, and I'm like, is that how much can you make on there? I was like, I'm like, you don't got to suck on them. But I would never do it.
Speaker 1: It's like a celeus question. Now is it only feet? You can do like anything. But it's just why do people always talk about it in relation to feet? That's all I ever hear about it. You know, so weird.
Speaker 2: Do you like feet? No?
Speaker 4: No, I don't like feet. Feet freak me out.
Speaker 2: Feet feel fine to me. I I don't want to touch them unless they're perfectly clean. Yeah, but I like giving a foot massage.
Speaker 4: I do not.
Speaker 2: My husband wishes I did. Oh really yeah, He's always like, you know what would be really great right now? And I'm like, if you grab the dice, she wasn't thinking that. He was thinking of foot massage, if you grab the dic And that's funny. Dyson is my love language. Yeah, do you like feet.
Speaker 3: I don't mind. I don't like my feet. I love your feet are so cute.
Speaker 2: But I don't mind, though I don't. I don't seen cat's feet, you know.
Speaker 4: I don't like. I mean, they're just big, so I don't like them.
Speaker 3: Now and hates his feet, so he always has socks on. He does, yeah, and I'm like, kind of they're cute, they're you know, the best feat. I'm like, hey, God gave you one thing that's like not hot.
Speaker 4: Sorry, yeah, never taking his socks off again.
Speaker 3: But he has like soccer player feet, you know. So they've just been like hit and sure probably busted and broke in a.
Speaker 2: Million different ways.
Speaker 4: I imagine.
Speaker 3: I don't like the uneven toes like I like it when water.
Speaker 2: Falls down like a Verising commercial, hundred percent. Like I will say about my face, it is just like the away. So they say that that second toe is a leader toe. Interesting if it's longer than the front, which does freak me out a little bit. So he I think he has that, but like it's like it's I think.
Speaker 4: It goes one is longer than the big toe.
Speaker 3: She was interesting is my grandma. She her pinky toe was on top of her fourth toe right there.
Speaker 2: I was right there that before, like a criss cross like a but it's like she didn't even have it, like it's her pinky grew on like this.
Speaker 4: On top like a stacked such a I can't believe.
Speaker 3: Just if you see him without his socks on, which again he'll never do, but because he always wears those little tampon socks or whatever.
Speaker 5: But it was like like the barely door.
Speaker 2: They drive me crazy, like they're they're just like condem sock and.
Speaker 4: Makes me laugh even harder than you wear. You haven't seen this in the story. Yeah, but I didn't realize he wore them. That seems very like they go here and then like you know.
Speaker 6: I'm not but I gotta tell you those are not attractive.
Speaker 2: I'd rather see your broken foot. Yeah. Yeah, it's weird because it's like, Okay, we know what you're doing. It's the least amount of sock one can wear it. And then I'm like, if we go to someone's house, Like, what do you do keep.
Speaker 4: Your shoes on?
Speaker 2: Taptivity tap around with your keep your shoes Bash of Mescago has an amazing skit where he talks about taking shoes off at parties. He's like, don't make me walk around with the holds socks on, and then.
Speaker 3: Don't take your shoes off with no socks, because I'm the girl that doesn't wear socks soever. I don't even like I think I've owned like three pairs of socks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I understand why people want you to take your shoes off in the house, But at the same time, don't make me take your shoes off if we're like getting dressed up or like, if I'm just here hanging out, that's fine, but people do it all the time.
Speaker 2: It is we Like, I'm with you, I don't like shoes in my house, but if I was going to have a party.
Speaker 4: I'm not taking my shoes off. Yeah, right right.
Speaker 3: I will take my shoes off at you like y'all's houses, but I would feel weird to take it off in someone else's house if I had just like met them and now I'm just walking around with my bare feet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird and so tippy tappy tamp on condom socks.
Speaker 4: Which one is it?
Speaker 3: I think well, I called it tampon socks, and they just seem girly. But I love you, baby, but I think it's they just look like, you know, they're barely their socks.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, no, I know.
Speaker 2: I did not know that. I just am not a sock wear but I do. I do. Like I don't like socks on my carpet upstairs. Now that is something to.
Speaker 4: Take my socks off.
Speaker 2: I really would like every shoes on carpet shoes, okay, yeah, unlike the upstairs and it's white.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just left mine downstairs.
Speaker 2: Thank Yeah, I get that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wouldn't either.
Speaker 1: But if you were having a party, I feel like you wouldn't make everyone take their shoes off.
Speaker 2: I never, but if you as I'm wearing, shoes are on my own house, yeah, and I wouldn't come up stairs with heels on, you know, like I wouldn't be on your carpet upstairs in the play room. Exactly. I love it.
Speaker 5: I love her.
Speaker 2: The party's not even up here. Why are you down?
Speaker 3: There's like a party, and then Christians is hanging up here in the podcast room by yourself.
Speaker 2: That's actually.
Speaker 3: Oh man, okay, well let's stop talking about feet.
Speaker 2: But I started it, It's okay.
Speaker 3: We we had to go somewhere with it. Well, and it turned a little better on this side. So we have a friend, a dear friend coming on today's podcast names Kelly Rizzo. And I actually met Kelly through Bob, her husband, her late husband, Bob Saggett. He came on Wind Down God. It was a couple of years ago, and more than a couple of years ago, it was when I was with Mike and he just talked about her the entire time and was so sweet and just said the nicest things about her. So as a woman, if I heard or if like, I would want to know it's just a nice thing to be, like, Hey, your husband was talking just amazing things about you and how beautiful and special you are. So I DMed her and was just like, hey, girl, I had Bob on today. I just want you to know how much you know all the goodness and stuff that he said. And she's like oh, And then we became great friends. And then I introduced y'all. She had interviewed Preston before, right, So the reintroduction was welcomed.
Speaker 2: Actually yep. And then yeah, she's a sweet huven. She was a host.
Speaker 3: She does a bunch of stuff in the cooking world, and she has obviously since lost her husband Bob, and now she's on that TV show where she enlists as essentially like a Special Forces.
Speaker 1: Special Forces or Seals It Seals or Marines Maries.
Speaker 2: It's a really bad ass.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, they're both bad ass.
Speaker 2: It's insane. I auditioned, not auditioned. I got asked to do the show, and I was going to do it two years ago.
Speaker 4: I mean like you were almost flying there going to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I was weeks away from flying there, and I had the mental I had to meet You have to meet with a psychiatristschiatrists, psychiatrist before to see like if you're mentally able.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm not able.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Jana, keep it locked up in your psychiatry meeting.
Speaker 2: I know, he's like asking all these questions. He's like, all right, so if you were underwater and you know, you had bricks on you, Like, how would you feel.
Speaker 3: I'm like, like I'm going to die. I'd have a panic attack.
Speaker 2: What were you supposed to say calm, cool, collected.
Speaker 3: I think they're just trying to see, like what for you from a zero to ten, like how do you feel in your chest right now? And I'm like, I'm having a panic attack. Walk into my closet to get my exanax. But I ended up saying no to the show. And so because it was just after like a you know, I needed I needed to. I told Kat, I was like, I don't want to. I pulled out of the show and said I have to go heal and not go What did I say? I said, I have to go heal myself, not go torture myself. Yeah, because it was going to I mean that's a show. It would have been torture.
Speaker 2: You were already living underwater with bricks essentially, and I needed to like, yeah, heal it. But I would actually love to do it now.
Speaker 1: I think you'd be amazing at it. I think terrible, but I think you would be amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And Catherine was the biggest supporter.
Speaker 3: She's like, I think you do so good, and I'm like, I need to do it to be like I look that I did because I'm terrified of heights and this that and the other and so it would really push me to the limits. But I don't I could not have done it done, I could.
Speaker 2: Not ever do it. Really.
Speaker 3: Why scared of everything? Well, but I think that's the whole point. Yeah, but I don't want to be unscared of everything. Well, I feel it's the difference. I don't need to face the fear of You're very.
Speaker 1: Good at like wanting to face your fears, and like I'm just kind of like, yeah, I'm afraid of that.
Speaker 4: I'm good you know, really you too?
Speaker 2: Well, Like my hands are sweating with just thinking of the bridge scene.
Speaker 4: That stuff would it make me as nervous.
Speaker 1: I could probably do that stuff enough, but like mentally, I don't think I could do like the screaming at me the whole time, like that stuff.
Speaker 4: I don't that that to me. I don't know that I could see.
Speaker 2: And I'm like that's totally fine, And I don't put me in not getting sleep, like being freezing, Like I think i'd be a woos when it comes.
Speaker 4: To that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: I just don't see think you would.
Speaker 4: I don't think I'm tough enough for that, for sure. I competitive, I'm competitive, but.
Speaker 2: I just feel like you're sep and I'm shocked. Not in that way. No one is shocked by the way that I could. Yeah, you could do it. Totally comfortable with that. But I just want to now that not one person was like, gosh, Christ and you don't think you could get right in there? No, okay, it's not.
Speaker 3: I think it'd be really good for you. Oh, like you know what I think we should do for me. I think we should do like a a ropes course.
Speaker 2: Oh that's terrifying.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm literally my hands are sweaty.
Speaker 3: I did want it on site that I wrote about my book, but that it's it was it's the heights thing, and that was only fifty feet.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine going to the top of a freaking water fall whatever and walking in.
Speaker 2: A little tight rope oof these plumbing into your death? How did I die? That's a thing too. I'm like, I feel like i'd go into shock.
Speaker 4: Hey, I am attached.
Speaker 1: I mean you've got a harness, right, obviously, yes, you would have a hardness.
Speaker 2: But I want to can I circle back on the book? Oh yeah, so you're going to sign books? Where?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, where am I going?
Speaker 2: Can we come? Yeah? Can we Yeah, I got in Nashville on October twenty eight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's like, I know, I got excited.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'd love for you to come. So it's like, I really am excited to see you sign your books. It makes me emotional. Oh, I know it's a big deal.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to New Jersey to do it, but I'd love to go to Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: I would appreciate that. That'd be fun. Okay, great, you should do a little thing'd Yeah. I like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks, I just wasn't sure if you're like no, that's one of the you know, sometimes i'd be sweet, like those things are like I'd rather not whatever.
Speaker 3: We just show up and we're like, Janna Kreamer sign my book and my baby, I would do it. Will you, Jessica Simpson black out? You don't want to know, but I will have you sign my book.
Speaker 2: Right, you're in it, so were you? Cat's goot the nervous emoji face. Nervous Kelly Sarah. Let's take a break and let's get her on. Hi. Hi, Kelly, Welcome, Kelly Rizzoto. Wind down.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, this is the most exciting thing that's happened in a long time to me. I'm so excited to be talking to you, ladies. It's like my friends, but.
Speaker 2: Like your friends, your friend. No, like I kind of just want to stare at you. It's like I don't even really have much to say, just want to talk about how pretty you are and stare at you.
Speaker 5: Well, that is very very sweet. I miss you, Kristin, Janna, I mean you guys. At least I got to see you recently.
Speaker 3: Yes, we were we were all went to I'm sorry, Kristin, Oh yeah you weren't there.
Speaker 2: I take your place.
Speaker 3: We were just recently at Craigs in Los Angeles, and it was a great time. It was fun to catch up because there was a lot that has changed and in your life.
Speaker 2: Too, Kelly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lodge and it's you know, even just kind of you know, going through a breakdown and talking about how I met Bob and how I met you through Bob and I just there's just so much to talk about. So I'm like, I don't even know where to start with you.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like, because I'm sure it's been it's how many it's been over a year now since we lost b up, since you lost Ben almost.
Speaker 5: Like, we like, but you twenty one months?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 5: Wow, that's isn't that crazy? But I do love the story of how you and I met because obviously we have all these mutual friends. I mean, like krist and I had met you years before, and Julie obviously was a good friend. And it was so interesting because for people who don't know, Bob was on your podcast and I guess he was saying very lovely things about his wife, and you reached out to me on Instagram, which is just so rare for like woman to do this to another woman. It shouldn't be this rare, but it is this rare that you reached out to me, and you said, I just want you to know I just had your husband on my podcast and he was just saying the most wonderful things about you and just singing your praises and like from one woman to another, I just want you to know that. And it was just so touching and I'm like, wow, like Janna's really nice, Like she's so sweet, you know. And then we realized we had so many mutual friends, and then we just you know, hit it off, and then we became friends even separately from.
Speaker 3: Bob, Right, Yeah, I mean, where do we start with you, Kelly Rithough.
Speaker 1: I mean, I asked you like a million questions about the show that you're on last time I saw you. But I still have like a million questions about the.
Speaker 5: Show, how that it's been airing. I you know, there's so much more to talk about, and I'm happy to answer all your questions.
Speaker 1: Gosh, well, first of all, how did you not phrase to death every photo I see everybody just looks so cold?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, I'm a person like I lived in Chicago my whole life, and everyone's like, oh, so that means you'd be used to the cold. No, That's why I moved from Chicago after almost four decades is because I'm like, I can't I can't handle it, and that's why I moved to la And so I thought full disclosure. When my agent told me about this, she's like, it's in Australia, and I'm like, oh my god, Australia. I get to go to Australia. Sweet. And then like two days later she's like, wait, no, it's in New Zealand and I'm like, oh, New Zealand's probably still pretty warm. I know it's winter there, but it can't be that bad, right, And then I found out that this is the winter version of last season, which was in the summer in the desert in Jordan. And so when I found out, I'm like, okay, but like what's winter? Like what do they really mean? And then I looked it up and they're like, oh, it's thirty five degrees, which is cold, but still not as cold as Chicago winters. So it was bad, but it wasn't as bad as like it could have been, Like I was picturing snow constantly. There was a lot of snow, but like constant snowing and twenty degree temperatures, but it wasn't that bad. We had some days where it was sunny in the forties. So how long is.
Speaker 2: The filming in total? Then when you're gone for this?
Speaker 5: So I was there for eight days before we started filming because they had to like get us all there and quarantine us separately because the cast wasn't supposed to know who the other cast members were, so we were all kept separate and like hidden and locked away for some people got there like the day before, but I got there eight days before. So I was lucky that I could acclimate to the time change to the weather. I got to train every day, meaning aka run out of treadmill in combat boots. And then the total filming was eight days max. So obviously not everyone made it eight days. I mean people were like, oh, we're there weeks and weeks. I was like, no, the filming was eight days max. So some people were there from you know, one day to eight days.
Speaker 2: And do you get to know what you're doing when you wake up that morning or no?
Speaker 5: They find out they purposely keep you completely in the dark the entire time. So not only do you not know what you're doing that day, you don't know what you're doing ten minutes before. I was in my head, I'm like, oh, we're going to get like itineraries for the entire or each day. It's like no, No, you don't know what you're doing. You don't know what the challenge is until you get there, meaning they pretty much every day is like an abduction. So they like the first day is literally an abduction, and each day for the challenges, they just put you in one of these crazy land rover vehicles and they whisk you away to you know, every location was at least an hour away, so you're being driven on like icy mountain roads, like windy mountain roads with a sheer cliff, like a five hundred foot drop with no guardrails, and you're at the mercy of these drivers, Like the challenges were much less scary to me than the actual transportation to get there.
Speaker 2: And you've already signed your life away at this point, right, Actually, it's like, oh sorry, Kelly Rizzo, like we're not Yeah, it's not our fault if you don't make it.
Speaker 5: There was one day I tried to complain about it. I was like, I do not feel safe in these cars, and they're like, yeah, we don't care. Yeah, Like I'm like, you can throw me out of a helicopter. I trust your safety teams. I just don't trust a random driver, Like who is this guy? Who's this guy that has our lives in his hands? You know? So anyway, we didn't know what we were doing, like even the entire drive there and then the drivers and there's always like a producer in the cartoon, like they weren't allowed to talk to us at all. Like if we're like, hey, how long is this drive.
Speaker 2: They're like so strange.
Speaker 3: It was okay, let me tell you that that'd be my biggest challenge because I'd be like, I'd want to be a friend, you know what I mean, I'd be like, no, like I would just be they actually, and that'd be my like because it's like anytime I ever meet anyone. When I was in England, like one of the guards, you know, I'm like, because.
Speaker 2: They can't, I can't.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, I can't do that because now I want to be obviously respectful. But there was this this is so silly, but there was a waiter at a restaurant third day and he just looked really just was not being like friendly and was just kind of cold. I'm like, I'm going to get that man to smile. So that was like my mission at dinner was to be like, did you get I did, and then he wouldn't stop talking. So then I was like, but anyways, wait, sorry, we're gonna say.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask you so so because it's been a heavy twenty one months in your world, I mean a very uns we didn't you didn't expect to lose your husband. We can talk more about him as much as you want to, because he was a lovely, wonderful angel of a human.
Speaker 5: You know, I love talking about Bob.
Speaker 2: I know the world does. Actually, so that might because that makes.
Speaker 5: Me so happy that like he I mean, it's been barely two years, but everyone's still loving talking about him, and I just hope that endures forever. And obviously I'm going to do my part in that so well, I think we.
Speaker 2: All kind of waited for, Like, when you lose someone like Bob, you suspect that someone as successful as him, as famous as he was, as brilliant and funny as he was, that we would hear some like we would hear at some point a bad story. There's no bad Bob stories. Like That's why when I shared with you that Bob was a borrowed human, I just don't even believe that, Like, you know, I feel like we were just so gift to to even have him. But before we go to and two, Bob how it relates to this show is what I wanted to get to. So, what is the thing that you learned most about yourself and doing the show? Because you're on the heels of the probably I would assume maybe the deepest grief that you've experienced in your life course, and then you are on the cliff right mentally probably and physically in a car with a driver you don't trust, Like, tell me what you learned or maybe all the things you learned doing this show, this kind of show, because it's a mentally tough show coming off of a very mentally and heart heavy season. For you.
Speaker 5: Well, I had been told, and I mean you guys also as my friends were part of the people telling me this regularly, that you know, you're so strong, you're so strong, you're so strong, and when you're in it both I know that you guys have heard this too. You know, when you're going through something and people are telling you you're strong, you don't really see it because you feel like you're just a puddle of a person, Like you don't know that you're strong. But when everyone keeps telling you that, you're like, maybe there's something to this, And there's no better place to put that to the test than when you are completely stripped down of every single thing, every creature, comfort you're used to, every type of you know, being around your family, your friends, being in a harsh environment, I mean, nothing's going to kind of break you down more than that, and especially being yelled at constantly by Navy Seals and British special Forces and they're very scary British voices that nothing's going to test your strength more than that, and I'm like, how can I not take this opportunity to really find out, like at the core, how much strength there really is. And you know, it was a very interesting opportunity because on a daily basis, you're just really tested. And I remember the first time I was realizing when I was there was the very first day at our first challenge. It was really cold that day and it was raining and we were standing for hours and hours and we hadn't eaten all day. We're all starving and freezing and very uncomfortable, like you can't just like you know, in any situation, you're like, Okay, I'm just going to sit on the floor for a few minutes, Like no, you can't do that because you're in the military now, so you have to stand at attention for five hours straight and not eat and you're freezing, And every bone in my body was wanting to revert to my typical self of complaining and being like, oh oh my god, this sucks, like I'm cold and I want to sit down, but I didn't do that. I'm like, no, Kelly, You're going to dig deep and you're going to find some strength right now, and you are going to just calm down and relax and be in this moment. And I fought everything in my being that would typically complain and be uncomfortable and be upset, and I got through. And then afterwards, even though it was something as minor as being hungry for five hours, afterwards, I was like, oh, wow, Okay, I got through that. I could do that, Like what else can I do? And then every challenge that some of these things are really freaking scary, like doing a back dive off a thirty foot high platform off a boat, and to pitch black water in the middle of the night in a frozen lake in New Zealand. You know, every part of your body is like you don't do this, this is dangerous, but then you just do it. And then afterwards you just had this immense sense of pride and you're like, all right, if I could get through what I went through the past year and a half and then get through these challenges you know on this crazy show that I'm doing all right, maybe there is something to me being strong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, all of it sounds so terrifying to me.
Speaker 3: You had said at dinner the other night that you guys all room together, you didn't shower, you were on cots in the same room. Now, we've all had roommates before, and there's probably that one roommate that sticks out to all of us that we might have just been like, if given the opportunity, I wouldn't ring with you. Yeah, So is there someone that you were like kind of rubbed the wrong way rooming with it or just as in the cast, as general in general when doing missions? And then who is your favorite?
Speaker 5: Good question? Well, there's really no one because I'm you know, I'm probably.
Speaker 2: Don't give me the political killing answer.
Speaker 5: Give you the down dirty. So here's the scoop. So, I, being you know, not the most dramatic person, I'm probably like the least exciting to have on a reality show like where I just wanted to because you're so you're scared shitless of these the ds, you know, the directing staff. I just wanted to like slip through the cracks and like go as unnoticed as possible because I don't want to be called out to, you know, I just didn't want to be on their radar. I wanted to like slip through the cracks. So even when we're in the bunk house and in our barracks, you know, I don't want to draw too much attention to myself because because there's cameras on you twenty four hours at eight even at nighttime, there's infrared cameras on you while you're sleeping. So I'm like, Okay, I don't want to raise any red flags here. But it is very interesting sleeping in a room with you know, fourteen people total in the and it's not like your cots are ten feet apart, you're about eighteen inches apart, so you're lined up one next to another. I was across from Jack Osborne, so like every morning when we'd wake up, like he and I would wake up and like be like hi, like so we were the first and next to me was des Bryant, and then across from me is Tara Reid now or I mean next to Jack was Tara. So Tara was the one, you know, and she wasn't there very long. You already see her go home in episode two, so she was only there one night, but that one night was very very interesting. So overall, I got along with everybody. I did not get along with Tara, but she was probably the one that you know, was the most And if you saw the first episode especially, you saw that she was having a very difficult time. She's just such a slight, tiny human and so she couldn't physically, she just could not keep up. And that's not even me being mean about it, like she just physically she's so so tiny and frail that she couldn't carry the bat, Like she couldn't do it, and you know, so it was a lot to even get her up and moving, and you know, so everyone was like kind of like, all right, Tara, like we need to get you up with because we can't be held back. And at night, she was snoring the loudest, so he kept everyone awake. I can snoring, yeah, Tom Sandoval, he snored a lot too. But that was one of the things I was most afraid of, was the sleeping because I'm not you know, I.
Speaker 3: Need a sound machine. Like how do you do Like do they give you ear plugs? Like can you bring ear plugs?
Speaker 5: I tried. They don't let anything, and so I didn't get my eyemasked. I would ear plugs, sound machine.
Speaker 3: I would I would, I would calm the skate air plugs in places to get air.
Speaker 2: Plugging something else.
Speaker 5: Jack Osborne gave me a chunk of a paper towel and he was like, here, shove this in your ear. So I literally took like not soft paper towels, like you know, like industrial paper towels, and I took off little bits and I shoved them in my ears when I went to sleep. We didn't have any toilet tries so so no shampoo, no condition no combs, no brushes. The only thing we were allowed was deodorant and toothbrush and toothpaste. That's it. So I had to comb my hair with a metal fork.
Speaker 2: Oh, I a dingle hopper.
Speaker 5: It was a dingle hopper, I was. I was definitely used the dingle hopper reference. I you know, I didn't shower the entire time I was there, and I think, yeah, I think that there are only two people that shower that I know of while I was there, which was Tyler Cameron and Savannah Pursley were the only people who took one shower. And it was like a big deal.
Speaker 2: How can you shower? Are you allowed to shower?
Speaker 5: They have a shower, but you have to like fill up this water tank with water from this like drop thing, and then it's not it was either like freezing cold or boiling hot. And then you had to walk outdoors from the shower all the way to the bar.
Speaker 2: Shower don't care.
Speaker 5: I was doing pretty too much of a process, and I was like, I'll just be dirty. I don't care like I was. I mean, I was jumping in frozen ponds every day, so I was like, I guess that's my shower.
Speaker 4: And a culture awful would rather just be dirty.
Speaker 3: So Okay, excited to continue to watch you on the show. It's fun to see you on there, and I'm just it's yeah, it's.
Speaker 5: I mean, can you guys believe it that I did this?
Speaker 3: Now? I believe that No, But I'm excited to keep watching see your journey. Could we go back to Bob for a second, of course, what was the thing? And we kind of know the story how at first you were like, I don't really want to date him? Do you want to tell that story? And then what was the thing that made you go, Okay, he is the one?
Speaker 5: So he had found me? Well, you know the real full story that I haven't really told publicly is that it was a dating app that he first saw me on, but we didn't connect on the dating app, so we or he saw me on Riyah but then reached out to me on Instagram. But he had reached out to a mutual friend first in Chicago who's also in Chicago media and just maybe assumed we knew each other, and so he reached out to me. He was like, do you know this Kelly Rizo girl? And he's like, yeah, I do, And Bob goes, is she a bitch? And he's like, no, I heard she's pretty nice actually, and he's like, okay, I kind of want to message her on Instagram? Can you let her know I'm sending her a DM. So he got a message to me that Bob was going to message me, and I was like, ugh, I was like, I'm sagat, like that's weird.
Speaker 2: Danny Tanner.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, Tanner, that's so weird. I'm like, eh, I'm like he's too old for me. It wasn't really my type, but I'm like, this is too intriguing because of who he was, and I was like, maybe we could like be friends. So we just started talking on Snapchat first, his Snapchat name was bobster.
Speaker 3: Clawat I can't snapchat.
Speaker 5: I was on Snapchat and we started talking in there and then like on Instagram, and then I came to LA and we hung out a few times and he was definitely very interested, and at first I was fighting it. But then I'm like, oh my god, Like this guy's like too like how do I not? How do I pass this up? Like it's he's too wonderful, he's too interesting, he's the most unique human that's probably ever lived, Like I can't pass this up. So I was like, guys, I think I have a crush on Bob's second, and then my friends were at first like that's weird, and then everyone's like, wait, he's kind of nice, he's kind of cool, Like see where this goes. I'm like, all right, I'll give him a chance. And so then right away, I mean I would say, not even a month later we were like officially dating and then ten months.
Speaker 2: How many you have been?
Speaker 3: How many months after that did you guys get engaged and then married?
Speaker 5: So we started dating in like May of twenty sixteen. I moved to LA in March of twenty seventeen, and we got engaged in November of twenty seventeen and then married October of twenty eighteen, So it'll be five years, or would have been five years this month.
Speaker 3: So you marry the man in your dreams and he's you know, obviously your one and the love of your life, how do you go about the grieving that and then now two years later going how can I how how do you then open yourself up again for love when that's not something that you ever would have, it's not what you wanted, and it's like and he was, he was your one?
Speaker 2: So how do you go about that? And you're young, Kelly, you're in your forties, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, forty four. Thanks for saying that's young, Kristen.
Speaker 2: I'm young too. We're all.
Speaker 5: Babies are so, you know, Channa, very good question, I would say.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 5: And once again because this is you guys, and you know your podcast, which I know is very very special, Like I'm I'll say things that like I've literally never said before Bob, and like my relationship was very unique and very special. And Bob, as I said, was one of a kind and the only person that will ever I mean, there will never be another Bob. But given that it didn't mean that, like there we had so much in common and our love for each other was so so, so strong and so deep, but there were you know, our personalities weren't one hundred percent in line. I mean, he was you know, we had very different lives and very different upbringings and you know, such different personalities that what's interesting is now looking forward, is it's like, yeah, the love that I have with Bob would never be replaced, but maybe there's room for somebody that one day can have, you know, certain things that maybe I wasn't compatible with Bob. I'll have a compatibility in that area with somebody else. Now they won't have the things that Bob had, because nobody ever will, and that is a place that only he will hold forever. But maybe in some of the places we weren't very compatible, the new person will be, you know, and certain things because you know, Bob and I were twenty three years apart, we had very different backgrounds, just different outlooks on life.
Speaker 3: And it was a little more sensitive. We won't say who, but you know what I mean, like so and you know it might be a little tougher. Yeah, So it's that's very interesting. I mean I know we've had that conversation, but I think it's important for people to hear because I make up that when someone loses someone someone other people might cast well, how can you just move on from that person? It's like, not every relationship is this perfect thing. And though you guys shared an amazing love and you'll always hold that love so near and dear, and you know, whenever we're at your place, like Bob has his presence still in your home no matter where you move, and will always be in your heart. And it's still okay for you to find a love like you said, like, Okay, what was I maybe missing or wanting more from that relationship that you can now find, you know, maybe in a new love. And I'm curious too, do you feel pressure with the timeline of getting into a next relationship? Like do you feel society going, oh, that's too fast or how could you move on so fast? Like where do you do you feel that pressure from society or are you personally feeling that for yourself?
Speaker 5: Well, fortunately I'm in a great position in that. Yes, I'm forty four, but I have been married twice, so it's not like I'm a woman who's never been married, and I'm like, oh, what's that Like I want to walk down the aisle and be a bride and have all those pictures and you know, like I've been married. I I'm not in a rush to get married. I don't want kids, you know, I have three incredible step daughters, and so I'm not like in a hurry. I'm not you know, like my clock's ticking, you know, like I need to I need to hurry up and find somebody. So fortunately, I'm in a good place with that, with the timing aspect, and I've really found that society. I mean, yes, they're a little too focused on you know, you know, like I'll say, I'll say, you know, I didn't interview the other day where I said something like, oh, I'm open to this, and now it's you know, headlines on every outlet is like Kelly Rizzo says she's open to day. I'm like, who, it's so weird that that's a thing. But I've noticed that there has just been a lot of support and there has even me saying that I'm open to that. There hasn't been any negative feedback from that. But ultimately, all that matters to me is what Bob's daughters think and his you know, like family and best friends and what my family thinks. That's ultimately the only people who matter and whose opinion should matter. And you know, I have the blessing from Bob's daughters and I have the blessing from his very best friends that you know that they would support me moving forward. And I've learned to say like moving forward, not moving on, because like you're never going to move on from Bob. You move forward, and you know, to have somebody that will respect Bob and respect the situation and respect what I had and that just understand hands it and gets it, and that's you know, going to be how I move forward. And ultimately just having the support of Bob's girls is all that matters to me.
Speaker 3: So that's the timeline of that has always bothered me because I do remember us having a conversation one time where you were just like, well, that just might be a little too soon. It's like, I hate when people feel pressure to not have to like date right away.
Speaker 2: It's like, oh, if.
Speaker 3: You move on too fast, you didn't care, if you take forever, then there's something must be So I'm just like, why is there so much pressure on like and I even hear you say like, and I love that you know, you obviously cared about your stepdaughters and with what they thought. But at the same time, I'm like, as a friend, I'm like, well, Kelly, it's what it's also your heart and what you think and not just to live your life based on what other people want you to do. Because if that's the case, if we lived our lives based on what other people want us to do or the timeline, I would never get married again or I wouldn't you know what I mean, Like people would be like, oh, you should never do this, and it's like, you don't want to live your life based on what other people say opinions. Our thoughts are now again I understand your reasoning for the stepdaughter and making them comfortable, and also like, as your friend, going, well, it's you know what's right. You're not a malicious human. You have all the greatest intentions in the world, and anyone that loves and knows you would back you right.
Speaker 5: No, and you're you're absolutely right. And ultimately, let's say, like to put numbers on it, you know, the first year it was something that I really couldn't even contemplate. And then after a year, which you know, there's a little bit of the internal clock of okay, like this doesn't wouldn't even feel right before year, and then there's like the society clock, which you know, society would kind of deem that at least, you know, one year is a reasonable amount of time to at least you know, if it's two months later, that's a little I mean, anyone would say that's a little weird. And then you know, ten years later it's like, okay, what's going on here? But after a year is when you know, I kind of started getting the blessing of people to that and once again, you're right that it is ultimately my call. And when I asked for this blessing in general, everyone was basically saying like, this is up to you, Like, of course you have our blessing, but this is up to you, you know. So it wasn't like people are like, yes, I give you permission, now this is okay, but yeah, to me, the year mark was what was most appropriate. But then you know, it wasn't really even until like a year and a half later that I was like, okay, this is something that really is starting to make sense for me.
Speaker 2: Where do you still feel Bob?
Speaker 5: Oh God? Everywhere? I mean, I you know, I'll hear jokes of his in my head. I'll hear, you know, just like things he would say, advice that he would give, you know.
Speaker 3: Any little things like a light flicker or something or less, and then symbolic with you, guys that you.
Speaker 5: In the beginning there were maybe more like signs type of things that you know, I was never really a believer of or super into, but then certain things in the beginning were kind of hard to ignore, Like when you moved.
Speaker 2: Into that one house, right, there's that thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, very very good call. So there was this little figurine that Bob had on his nightstand for years. It was just like little Wooden. Actually, I've got it right here. I'll show you it's literally right here.
Speaker 2: I love her.
Speaker 5: So this little guy, Bob had this on his nightstand for years and it was really special to him. And when I was looking for a new house, when I had to move, I found this one house that just even the second I walked in, felt very special.
Speaker 2: And it was a beautiful house, great views.
Speaker 5: So glad you guys, come stay. But there was on the shelf like near the mantle of the fireplace, there was another one of these guys and like, I'd never seen one of these before. It's not like a typical thing, and there was it was slightly bigger, but it was the exact same thing.
Speaker 2: Position can see this. It's literally like a wooden like I don't even know how.
Speaker 5: To like a little strong man kind of guy.
Speaker 2: But like maybe I would, like, I don't know what.
Speaker 5: There is an a cube bot.
Speaker 2: And again this is very on brand for Bob.
Speaker 5: It was just a little guy on on his nightstand. But I mean it wasn't like in a closet. This was on his night stand next to his bed. And this general my landlord had the same little guy. And I'm like, my god, you know, and I'm not a huge believer in science, but I'm like, that's really weird. What are the odds that he would have the same guy? And so I was like, this is the house and I literally started crying. I was like, this is the house, and I just feel like Bob would support this, and he would because I felt really guilty moving even though I didn't have a choice, I had to move, but I still felt really weird, like leaving behind, you know, the house that we shared and the house that was so important to him, and so it was a sign to me that okay, this is okay. Like because Bob, it was almost like him giving his blessing on me moving into a new home and finding this new house.
Speaker 7: So hey everyone, it's Sophia Bush, host of the podcast Work in Progress. I am thrilled to tell you that Work in Progress is back for a third season. My friends, it has never more important than right now for us to have all of these big conversations together. We are going to get educated, a little bit enlightened, and we will definitely be entertained. I started Work in Progress because I'm a curious person, and I realized there are so many people I get to speak to that are fascinating and rare, and so I thought, why not take these conversations out into the world. I'm going to be having deep chats with thought leaders, newsmakers, celebrities, entertainers, authors, elected officials, and more. You can join us and listen to Work in Progress on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 3: What would be your biggest gift to give someone right now that is grieving the loss of someone they love.
Speaker 2: What helped you through.
Speaker 5: For me was just when I was able to get to a place of just profound gratitude for the time that I had with him, And you ladies know that that I think I got there pretty quickly, which is not to say that it is the easiest thing. And I'm sure there are so many people, depending on the type of loved one that you lose, that it's very hard to get to that place. But with Bob, the fact that he had lived sixty five years on this planet and truly made the world a better place and accomplished so much in his life, and it was like so easy to look at his as a life well lived and like job well done, and that he truly made a mark on this world. It was really easy for me to not be like, oh, isn't fair why me? You know, how could his life just be cut so short? I mean, yes, of course we all wanted him and thought he was going to live to be one hundred. I mean he very specifically. He always told me, He's like, I'm going to outlive you. I'm like, okay, I mean for twenty three years apart, So it's probably unlikely. He like truly thought, He's like, I'm going to be one hundred and fifteen and like you'll be ninety two. Yeah. Yeah, he was very adamant that he was going to outlive me, and so, yeah, I thought he was going to have many more years. But you know, in terms of typical society, sixty five is you know, he still had a you know, a good amount of time to make the world a better place, raise three beautiful daughters, you know, find somebody who really loved him, and live a very special life. And so for me, gratitude and just being like, wow, how lucky was I that I got to be a part of that for the years that I did, instead of focusing on it's not fair why me? So I know that that's easier said than done, But any way that somebody could get to this place of gratitude, you know, as soon as possible, like to just feel grateful for the time you had is to me that was the most helpful thing. That and of course having the most incredible support system of friends and family, and you know, I mean, like Kristin, I want to I mean, everyone was so wonderful, but Kristin, you I can't even. I mean I could literally go back and check my text, but I think you checked it on me every single day for like five months or something. There was not a day And it makes me want to cry right now because it's good.
Speaker 1: It was just so.
Speaker 5: It was just so I'll never forget as long as I live. It was so kind and so thought full, and it got to the point where it was no, well, I every day, like I would wake up because you know, I was in LA and you're in Nashville, so like you were ahead of me. Like I would wake up to a text remost every day and it made me so like comforted to like wake up to that text from you, just and see and you did it right? And how about this. I'll give a lesson from what Kristen did for me, which was very helpful because so many people don't really know how to talk to people who are grieving and I didn't know and now I know at least what was helpful to me and what wasn't as helpful. And I hate seeing like annoying. But like there's some people who would check in on me and like would give me homework to do, like tell me how you're feeling today, and I'm like, oh, oh my god, they just gave me an assignment. I'm like, I don't want to I don't want homework right now. I don't want homework. But you would just check in and you would say something every day like you know, I love you, you know, my heart is with you, like thinking like and of course you I mean, you know you guys know the way Kristen speaks, it's like the most profound, lowery beautiful speech that's you know, like this ethereal. You know, every time you like you see little like cupids and angels around like everything she says. But uh, you would just say something that was would just like calm my heart every day, and it was just I'm so grateful for it because, you know, having just such wonderful friends and wonderful family, like to know that even when a lot of people like stop checking in, that there's still people who even if they're just saying like hi, good morning, love you, Like, just things like that were so powerful and so helpful.
Speaker 2: Well, part of our friendship, the deeper, I would say, part of our friendship came when I actually was going through I lost my dad. You and Bob came to town we all went to Bob show, but that day you and Bob made a point to do like brunch with me and Preston. And I remember sitting with Bob and thinking like, because Bob had experienced so much loss, he was kind of like savvy at grief.
Speaker 5: He was a cross.
Speaker 2: He was a greaf pro, absolute pro. And I had lost five people in eleven months. One was my dad. I mean, when I had felt like I just got the kicked out of me over and over and over again. And it was the first time I sat with someone who was honest and could laugh with me, which matters in my world a lot, like comedic value just matters. I mean, Bob mattered, but just to be able to laugh through the absolute storm has always mattered to me. And I remember us making jokes, making probably inappropriates of the town, like we were just laughing. And then he was also neither of you checked your phone, you know, Like I just had this moment where I was like, here's the human piece, Like I mean, the love for Danny Tanner started at Dustbuster. I'm OCD and that is where my attraction to him came as like just a father figure, you know, like TV lost a dad, but we lost a friend. But it was that moment where I thought like, here's this is the human experience, and both of you poured in so well to this really horrible time.
Speaker 5: Well horrible, I'm you know now looking back because obviously I hadn't lost Bob yet when you were going through that. You know, now, looking back, I'm like, oh, I wish I would have been there for you the way you were there for me.
Speaker 2: No, you can't know until you're in.
Speaker 4: You can't know.
Speaker 5: You can't know. And I remember I had a friend and I tell this story a lot because it was very impactful on me and something I'll never forget. But this friend of mine, Elisha, and my friend Heather. I didn't know them very well at the time. I'd only maybe met them a couple times each before Bob passed. And the day Bob passed, they just showed up at my house. I don't even know how they got my address. They just showed up at my house.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: I had a ton of people over and we were all, you know, completely like out of our minds, and they just showed up and I was like, Hi, what are you doing here? And She's like, just point us to the kitchen and they just came in my kitchen, just started doing dishes and taking out the garbage and like handing out water bottles to people and just like cleaning up. And I'm like, I would never have known to do that to somebody who, like I didn't know well, I would never I'm like, I'm not going to intrude on their grief party, you know what I mean, Like I don't know them well enough. And looking back, I'm like that was the most help because we didn't have anyone to do the dishes and take out the garbage and do things like that, because we were all completely a mess. And looking back, I'm like, little things like that made such a difference. Matter. Now, I know that it might still be hard for me to do that to somebody else who I don't really know, but I know that that that's a thing, you know, like that's something you can do. You can help people in certain ways that you never would have thought of before.
Speaker 2: It just becomes very human. Like that's in grief and in loss. It's just not about what you should and shouldn't. It's just more so like all of the all of the layers and the outer protective things we all do to like hold ourselves. It just feels like we just lose that to just like well love each other in the mess of it. And that is one of the lessons I learned from you and from Bob was I would always be insecure about the way I would say I love you too much to people. I would always feel like, you know, people, you know, there's some people that are kind of like, oh, I only say that to my mom or my best friend or whatever. And I always felt like a little insecure about it. And I remember leaving that brunch that day and being like, I can say I love you a million times if I want to. And then when Bob left, like when Heaven came to get Bob, I just thought, I'm gonna just be obnoxious with how much I say I love you to people that I really mean it too, you know. And then, you know, I just feel like some people leave these marks on our world that are just irreplaceable. And I think, truly, I can't think of a better person to send Bob out of this world than you. The way you held yourself, the way you were at his funeral, I mean, you were first lady epic of like just integrity and poise and just so wonderful the way you loved him, the way you loved his people, and continue to do that. You should be really really proud of the person you are. And it's not lost on me that Bob Saget was not the funniest man, but also just the intelligent for locking you in because he knew what we all see to amen to that. So what is what is next for Kelly?
Speaker 5: I mean, first off, I've literally that's the kindest thing ever, So thank you, because that's all that's that's really all that matters to me, is to you know, carry on his legacy and make him proud and make you know, make people never forget Bob. And guess what, I had the easiest job ever because I don't even have to do anything like people, No one's forgetting him. He's not going anywhere, so you know, but to still do whatever I can do, you know, with his foundation that you know, Square German Research Foundation that was so important to him, you know, still being involved with that and those cool comedy Hawk Cuisine events. You know, his job was to book the comedians and so I kind of well that was one of his jobs. But so it's like I took that job over, which is really easy because what comedian now doesn't want to perform at Bob's beat event, you know.
Speaker 3: So, and then you're also doing your cooking stuff too, so yeah, where where can people follow you?
Speaker 2: Find you?
Speaker 3: And then what what do we have on the twenty twenty four? This is what's going to be going on for you?
Speaker 5: Well, Jana, I'm glad you asked.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, I mean, obviously I'm always I'm always in my kitchen. Now I'm in a new kitchen and you guys have to come visit in my new kitchen making more recipes and always cooking. So that's on my Instagram at each travel Rock. And then I have a podcast coming out. Yeah, Comfort Food with Kelly Rizzo is starting very very very soon. This is literally, I think the first time I'm even really talking about it, So you guys are first to know that will be coming out soon. So that's where I'm going to be interviewing, you know, great guests and my friends talking about a difficult time that they have gone through, whether it's a loss of a loved one or a force or a loss of a career, I mean, whatever it is, like some sort of some sort of difficult time while we're eating my guest's favorite comfort food. And so the food is kind of like the through line that's gonna.
Speaker 2: Like love it.
Speaker 5: You love that hire episode, So I'm really excited about that. So that will be coming out probably within the next month or so.
Speaker 2: Amazing. Well, Kelly, we love you.
Speaker 3: You're closing out the show tonight or today for us, and we look forward to all things. We'll finish watching you on Special Forces and then we'll be looking forward to comfort Food podcast and getting to you know, I watch her stuff because I love you, but also because I'm like, teach me, teach me.
Speaker 2: Your ways in the kitchen. So amazing. Thank you for doing what you do. We love you so much.
Speaker 5: I love you so much. Thank you so much for having me. Next time you're in town, we'll cook in my kitchen together and she could teach us to call all you guys with the new babies over there and the babies on the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe do you want to come here with your margarita shaker?
Speaker 5: You guys just need to throw on well, Janna, a couple of months from you you can have a cocktail and Kristen I'm sure you could. You could use one, So.
Speaker 4: No more babies for me. I'll drink.
Speaker 2: So much.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 4: I love you, Kelly.
Speaker 2: You see y'all later.
Speaker 4: Bye bye,