Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of trend Pond Tim. Courtesy of jam You sick one on the Discord, in reference to Fox's continued attempt to just define Tim walls that define the undefinable Tim walls with the they tried tampon tampon Tim. I'm not sure where they're at right now.
Speaker 2: They're I think they're onto COVID. I saw something about COVID and him trending, So they're going down.
Speaker 1: That right interesting. I don't know if he has it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I saw I saw Walt's COVID trending, and I think it had to do Uh there's somebody that's saying a Minnesota grandma was sentenced to ninety days in prison for violating Tim Walt's COVID lockdowns, and he'll take away your rights and everybody. It's the same like COVID. Way, I think they're just trying to say that he was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, find like one story is to make it line up with people's preconceived notions about Democrats that yeah, stolen valor. He's not. He's not a real war hero, unlike our president. Uh Donald never mind, never mind. My name is Jack O'Brien. That is my special guest co host, Paul van Ella. It's probably we are. The internet is currently a buzz about some JD event's uh drag pictures. It appears to have been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dishonor to drag. This man isn't a wig, maybe eyeliner, I don't know, but very war drag. Yes, not cleaning for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's like a Halloween costume or like I think that is the origin story, is a Halloween costume he wore at Yale Law School. I personally don't give a shit other than you know that he is bad at this, but he makes it look the least fun drag has ever looked. But I guess the theory is that this is the sort of thing that the people who would vote for him would not be okay.
Speaker 2: With, or like, just the inconsistency of trying to delineate gender roles and what it means to be a man and what it means to be a woman that's coming from his camp and how he doesn't even align with.
Speaker 1: Those so right, Yeah, and that the personality he has constructed and tried on for political power also like wouldn't wouldn't be the sort of person who does this. But yeah, the person who initially posted the photo put it well. When asked if they thought it was ironic that so many politicians who are publicly so anti drag and anti LGBTQ plus would keep having these types of images turn up, they said, I don't think it's ironic because drag is fun. I grew up entirely around straight men, and I can tell you that if they have a few drinks and are in a safe environment, they'll happily throw on a wig. There's nothing more natural than the joy that comes from exploring those roots of self expression. That's a human impulse. What's unnatural is the push to limit and ban drag because you think voters will respond well to anti queer rhetoric. That is a political impulse. So yeah, his team has thus far refused to acknowledge the photos.
Speaker 2: It's really great encapsulation of that, yeah, of the problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But anyways, this is hitting at a time when, according to that New York Times article, Trump is being pressured to drop vance and pick a different running mate and has thus far resisted that. And it's like JD is an attack dog. He rules. But then when they're like, they're calling you weird. He's like, they're not saying that about me. They're saying about JD. JD's the weird one, not me.
Speaker 2: He said over and over again that the vice president doesn't matter, and then reporters have had to approach JD. Vance and been like, why do you even matter? I don't know if he saw it. There was like an interview where reporter kind of like held them to difficult questions. But Trump has said over and over again, like they're voting for me, They're not voting for this bitch, And then JD. Vance has had to be like, I am that bitch that they're not voting for. And so it's kind of I really think that the reason Trump doesn't care is because he doesn't give a shit. He's like, this is the me show. They're voting for me, and it doesn't matter whether he fucks his couch or not, or if he's in drag while he's doing it. But yeah, they're voting for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wonder how much of the choice, Like it does feel like sometimes these sorts of politicians will choose somebody that they like, don't want to like. An insecure politician will choose like George H. W. Bush, who you know, everyone was uh like very skeptical of and they, like the mainstream media was like, this guy's a fucking whimp, even though he was like a fighter pilot and the head of the CIA and like an actual like monster. You know that that was for some reason because I guess he was a thin and reedy voiced that they were like the main problem with him is he's a whimp, and like he chose dan Quail, which I don't know if, I don't know how much like insecurity ties into it, but it does feel like that would make Swift like.
Speaker 2: The stand up comic who's headlining, who gets an opener that's really bad in order to make him look good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: They don't want to have to rise to a higher level. They just want to like coast, Yeah he was.
Speaker 1: I mean, Pence was definitely like a complete empty suit, just like the most baseline definition of a stuffed suit. It was like he has right exactly. We want to check in with Boeing briefly.
Speaker 2: I love Boeing and I would never say anything bad about them, and I love my life. I don't want to lose it.
Speaker 1: That's right. So I think the last time we checked in with the story, and maybe maybe Miles covered it when I was out for a couple of weeks, but I remember like Boeing was having its run of ship news and had to keep delaying the launch of the star Liner, which was there like spacecraft that they were launching town with the International Space Station. It does and since that time, so it was the last it was like they kept having to delay it because they were having malfunctions, and like Boeing was like, we can just do it, just do the fucking thing, like and NASA was like, we're kind of skeptical. We're a little worried about the fact that this is malfunctioning before we're about to just like fire it up into space. And so they shot it up into space a week delayed. The two astronauts who were set to travel to the ISS did overcome the malfunctioning thrusters to dock with the ISS just a week behind schedule.
Speaker 2: Uh, and they were supposed to My virginity story came to pass.
Speaker 1: Hee, am I right? Malfunctioning thrusters. We've all dealt with malfunctioning thrusters, but they were supposed to return a week later, and they're still fucking there, and most recently NASA has announced that they might be there till twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: I think it's just an excuse for them to get out of plants, you know. I think they're in on it with NASA. They're like, I don't want to go to my mother in law's house. Yeah, I'm gonna stay in space.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to be back for the holidays. So yeah. They named it the star Liner, which I think is meant to like evoke commercial air flight and the idea that, like Boeing's so trustworthy, not only will you be like taking our planes to other cities, you'll be taking it to the moon. And instead they have created the biggest flight delay of all time, Like the unbelievable stranded there until twenty twenty five is like next level shit.
Speaker 2: I saw a video on Twitter of someone talking about how a flight from Puerto Rico to the US was changed to go and land in the Bahamas, which is a different country, and no one had their passports and they were all stranded, so it was like they were kidnapped. And this is getting like same vibes, but in space. You know, right, yeah, yeah, no extra personal belongings for them. There is food, but it will eventually run out. You just kind of hang it out. No passports, they right.
Speaker 1: They were asked to forgo like toiletries on the initial trip so that they could like bring extra equipment under the I like flawed assumption that they would be back in eight days. And then they got up there and they were like, God, no, this plane is too fucked to turn around, and so they were up there. Now they have sent some supplies up to them. They do have their toiletries, so their like teeth aren't rotting out of their head fortunately, but oh yeah, it's like the plan currently maybe for them to return on a spacecraft flown by SpaceX, which is their like main competitor. The whole reason that they were like so eager to fly this thing to space and like NASA, despite NASA caring about, you know, things like the spacecraft breaking apart upon re entry, was to like win this space race with SpaceX. And now they're like, basically they're like, now your spacecraft is too fucked up. You have to come back on the SpaceX Dragon Crew capsule.
Speaker 2: So you're saying, elon Musk did this. He stranded these people exactly.
Speaker 1: He's a master manipulator.
Speaker 2: Folks, spaces and space, that's right.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's just such a such a bad look, but a consistent string of bad looks from Boeing, and we yeah, who knows when these people are going to get back, but they're yeah, like you said, they have enough food, they have enough toiletrees, and like they're basically going to be adopted by the crew that's up there, Like so they're going to just be part of the International Space Station crew. Is kind of the loose plan as of right.
Speaker 2: Now, just really a job they did not apply for. They're not official staff of the International Space Station. And the people are just like we're just gonna give them little tasks to do, and it's like this is slave labor, right, this is this is like Surfdom. What are you doing? Right?
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back, and we've got some good Olympic updates, some good photos of people partying. Rose Lavelle, the Olympic soccer player for the US team, is apparently just like an amazing partier can drink everyone in the world under the table. The US men's basketball team was partying on a yacht and Kevin Durant was seen not knowing exactly how to ride a water slide or like, I mean, I guess it was the correct He was sitting up and like had his hands in the air like he.
Speaker 2: Was on a roller coaster. But his face is just so nonchalant.
Speaker 1: I know, his face is like kind of uh, He's just like, what am I doing?
Speaker 2: He's like, I am riding a slide. I think that's so fun though. I love when athletes are just completely themselves and aren't putting on anything like this is what I love about Djokich. I always don't know if I'm saying that right, but I love that he hates his job, and I love that Kevin Durant is like, I'm just me, I'm just chilling. This doesn't excite me.
Speaker 1: Ye. Jokic was, Yeah, his his same. I don't know. I think there's some good Jokic Olympic footage as well with him like drinking and partying with his friends from Serbia, his non horse friends from Serbia. But Jordan Chiles does not appear to be getting her bronze medal back there, I don't know appealing.
Speaker 2: Didn't they say that they wanted to share it with her? And then he IOC was like no.
Speaker 1: Maybe, yeah, yeah, I don't understand about stuff.
Speaker 2: But the US is challenging it because they're saying because originally they said, okay, the appeal went through at the time, and then later they were going to take bronze medal back because they said it was four seconds after the one minute interval in which you're allowed to appeal. But then the US was like, we just got video and it was like actually a few or it was so many seconds after the minute, and then the US that it was like seconds before, and so we are again we were again pushing. So if this means that she's not getting it, it just seems like a judge's issue in the first place for not scoring her at the correct difficulty level. You know. It's kind of like the r irs, like why do I need to tell you how much I should pay in Texas? You should already know.
Speaker 1: Why am I getting? Yeah if your fuck up, And they're like, yeah, but you told us about our fuck up too late, So yeah, it feels weird and arbitray the the ray Gun fallout there there's a bunch of like news stories where it's like Raygun actually was like Kaiser Soose, like behind the scenes manipulating everything, and you know, is like this godfather power behind the scenes of Australian breakdancing. And I have seen some of those stories debunked. So Raygun may not be this machiavellian figure. It may just be a terrible breakdancer. We don't know for sure. As of you, she did.
Speaker 2: Win something, but not my heart and that's all that counts.
Speaker 1: So and among Khalif is filing a complaint against cyber harassment for maybe JK ralling.
Speaker 2: Maybe no, the internet was joking that she should get like fifty one percent of Harry Potter now, but but I think emon Khalif it's like following up against this cyber harassment. It seems to be that the complaint is being filed in a Paris office, So I'm not sure what the what is going to happen to individuals who were indicating that she's trans or that she didn't deserve to be competing in the Olympics, But it does seem like she's not going to take it lying down, and I hope that the other Olympians also do that, and that this really kind of solidifies that the International Boxing Association or the IBA or whatever it's called, who kind of called into question their eligibility, Like I hope it it disqualifies those organizations from being allowed to determine their their eligibility.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Boxing Association that had disqualified her in previous years and was like just arbitrary, like just going arbitrarily off of like want wanting her disqualified so that somebody and that they were it was run by Russians and they had like a Russian boxer that they wanted to win, all right. Oreo and Coca Cola, speaking of the Olympics, Coca Cola the ultimate Olympic sponsor the Olympic uh, you know also Olympic uh life hack because people who swam in the sun were disinfecting their insides by chugging a can of coke. Coca Cola is now teaming up with Oreo the Other Rings of our Heart. No, I don't know, I don't know that sucks, but uh they Oreo and Coca Cola are teaming up to create chocolate soda and fizzy cookies. People Magazine tried them and said they are good. I believe People magazine is full of shit because these look not good.
Speaker 2: I will try them. I will. Yeah, I'm too much of an Oreo fan to not try it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't know what you're doing off what's your favorite like uh, off brand or not off brand? What's your favorite like oreo flavor?
Speaker 2: I mean, I like, I always do the like mega stuff with like the most cream in the middle, But if it's a different flavor, I'm very like cautious. I go with like mint or something like close to like what an ice cream flavor would be, you know what I mean, Right, don't go crazy.
Speaker 1: Like with chocolate.
Speaker 2: No. Oreos are like a staple in my diet, So I think, like, yeah, I think I would try it if it was up for grabs. And then I think it's kind of like have you ever done that thing where you have your animals have sparkling water and then you see their reaction? Right, Yeah, Like I think that's like we're just doing that to ourselves, you know, We're just like, how are we going to react to this? Let's just test it. But it's at such a large level, I'm like, how does Oreo benefit.
Speaker 1: Makes my mouth feel fucking weird is essentially the energy.
Speaker 2: Well, my one dog, my big normal dog, was like, okay, this is weird, and then my little one went crazy for the for this saltz water. I was like, you're insane. And there are going to be those people with the fizzy Oreos who are like, this is my new favorite flavor and we're going to sustain it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great for getting kids to just think that they're having a treat when all they're doing is drinking water is like fizzy water. They're like, wow, it's something that's not just normal plain water. So they're doing a Oreo Coca Cola cookie that has like fizz fizzy candy in the cream. And then uh, they're also doing a Coca Cola Oreo zero sugar soda, So it's like a coke that's like flavored Oreo cookie chocolate and also zero sugar. Like why start with the zero sugar? What? You know? Like it feels like that how you can introduce as well.
Speaker 2: The people who are having that makes drink know what they're getting into, and they expect it to be diabetes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they this feels like a weird. It feels like they don't know their audience in this guy. Finally, a creature from the Black Lagoon is being remade by James Wan, the Aquaman director, is returning to the sea for his next future film. They're describing it as a grounded, modernized retelling that leans into visceral horror, whilst paying respect to the original classic Isn't that just the shape of water? Like, isn't I mean?
Speaker 2: I literally was thinking that, Yeah, are they going to the creature from the Black Lagoon?
Speaker 1: I feel like it has to be fucked right, like they there has to be like some sexual energy.
Speaker 2: Fuck creatures in horror movie. Yeah, it's either like Godzilla, where it's based on a cat and we're like, oh, that's like our cat, or it's like this is a horning creature that everybody wants to buy.
Speaker 1: Well, Godzilla's based on a cat, like the rebook.
Speaker 2: So two different directors, because there's the one that's like the more US centric one and then there's the one that's more like japan centric. Those two different like aspects of the franchise have based They were talking to each other and they were like, yeah, the inspiration for like Godzilla curls up in the coliseum or whatever, or you know, there are certain mannerisms of Godzilla. They like watch their cats and check out their mannerisms and are inspired by it. So that's like a cross cultural influence in Godzilla.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If cats were just like Giant, they wouldn't be nice. I feel like they have.
Speaker 2: Those bas you know, but they would be very cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. But anyways, the Universal continues to try to make their old old timey horror monsters happen, and I don't know, we'll see.
Speaker 2: I guess they should do crossovers with like current day like real creatures from the Black Lagoon, like real housewives, but completely bastardize it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I like it's like faux reality show Black Lagoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah you get like wine thrown in your face by a creature from the Black Lagoon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you Housewives of the Black Lagoon just have them picked off one by one? Yeah, yeah, I like it. All right. Well, those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday, August thirteenth. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, Be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to youa tomorrow. Bye bye, bye doctor, actor Taft