Speaker 1: Now your mate Events introducing Ghosts. I'm Wrestling with Freddy Chef Die hand of Fredy Prince Tunor.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to a brand new episode of Wrestling with Freddy with me as always as my great co host, mister Jeff Dye. I said, as always, even though sometimes he's working, and this is wrestling with how we do have it? What pretty good, sir. It's the end of the day. It's hot as hell up here in my little studio. The little man had a sleepover last night, so when he came in, I got to give him a big time body slam as soon as he walked in the door, which was awesome. And yeah, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good? How did football go?
Speaker 2: They have him run a forty and he was fast, man, he was flying through there. I told her, I said, don't stop at the end like last year. You're gonna lose time. So just run all the way through it. And he ran all the way through and we cheered his buddies onto It's like bullshit, push push push. Four of his buddies are wor at the tryouts too, and then they have to do a fake out and a tackle. It's flag football on both sides and then they run like three different routes and then they test their arm and then it was over. And we were there early so he could warm up, so he was actually first and his number was my lucky number, so he was all good. Dude, he had everything going for him. He did drop one pass that he should have kept running and he could have caught, but otherwise he did a good job.
Speaker 3: Man nice. So when is he when with fire, he's on the team.
Speaker 2: It just depends. It's a draft now. All the coaches were there, so they're like evaluating the players while they're doing their tryouts and then they picked. There they do a full on draft and draft these kids, which is sick. Yeah, the kids really like it though, and he's been there three years now. This will be his fourth year in the league. All right, dude, Professional wrestling. We said it a couple of years ago, we said professional wrestling is back. I know the ratings aren't what they were in the nineties, but there's way more frigging channels than there were in the nineties. There's a lot more ways to watch things and be entertained than there was in the nineties. Wrestling is back. Because aw broke the record for paid attendance with eighty one thousand and thirty five and over ninety thousand people in the building altogether at Wembley freaking Stadium. Jeff, ninety thousand people sold out Wembley. You sold out Wembley with your comedy. How is that for you? When you did that, it.
Speaker 4: Didn't feel the same, let me tell you that. No, it was pretty cool man to see. And they're like doing real numbers now, you know what I'm saying, Like, it's not like they're lying.
Speaker 2: One billion people showed up and watched. We had to build seats in the sky. Goddamn it.
Speaker 4: They used to fudge numbers all the time like that. You know, whole col gonna be like I lived up that stinking giant ten feet over up in the air over my head.
Speaker 3: It's like, none of us is accurate. There was over five hundred thousand people in the audience. You're like, I don't know. Now they're being honest and this was the record, right, which means in just six years.
Speaker 2: They beat the record. That's what I'm saying, man, It's just it's freaking me out. It's they did so well. We've got all out in a week. They've announced that in October they're gonna have Wrestle Dream and in November, my friend full Gear will be at the Forum in Los Angeles, California. And you know who's gonna be there, You us, Me and our whole damn crew. That'd be so sick. I'm so sick.
Speaker 3: I was at aw in Atlanta last week.
Speaker 2: I will be a Dragon Con. So anybody in Atlanta, if you want to come, say hi, you can come say hi. Xavier Woods is going to be there and probably wrestling as a giant like video game character, and I'm gonna go watch them and wrestle other people in cosplay costumes. But let's talk some some AE dub. The show opened with zero Hour and by the way, I think I only got like one of my twenty seven predictions correct, and this was the first one. I'm really wrong. Oh God, Jeff. It was terrible. MJF versus Our MJF and Adam versus Ozzy open and I thought for sure Adam Cole was going to turn on Max and they were going to lose that match, and that was going to be Adam Cole turning heel. And then they were going to have this epic match and we'll see who can win in the championship. They did not do that. They stayed Bros for Life and won the Ring of Honor Tag Team Championship, which completely surprised me and probably a lot of people because it seemed like they wouldn't do that. But if they're trying to put those titles over and trying to put Ring of Honor over and get yet another show on TV, then maybe that's the right thing to do. We also had, as all in began, we had the real in quotation Marks, which is bullshit. They shouldn't even let him say that. The Real World's Championship match Sampunk versus Samojo. Everybody knew Sampunk was going to win this match and he wasn't going to lose that belt the first time or second time he defended it. I don't know. I wasn't that hype for this match, and I really like Samojo, and I think Sampunk when he has a long match, does a really good match. But I wasn't too hyped to see it because I already knew it was going to end. Now let's go to Kenny Omega Hangman page and Coota Ibushi versus Jay White, Juice Robinson and Konoski Takeshida. This match had a surprise ending, and you came in right after this match ended. I think, Jeff, this match had a surprise ending with Kanask getting the surprise sort of roll up victory when I think everyone was expecting a finish from the good guys, so this was kind of the surprise finish. I'm not the biggest trios dude, but sometimes they catch me and now we get to win. Mister Jeff Dye made it to the party fashionably late, had three dates with him. They were all looking fine as wine. You came in like the godfather and we got to see I still don't know what this match is a stadium stampede, and this was everybody at aw versus everybody else' It was like six on six and there were parts of it that I didn't know what the hell was going on, and there were parts where I was like, son of a bitch. That was really awesome. I know you had to have loved this. Had Jeff Die ridden all over it, right.
Speaker 4: This match had so many things happening. Crazy thing after a crazy thing. Heenta had two entrances. One says like like he just kind of went away, and so many things were going on that people didn't really notice that he was just missing for like a few minutes.
Speaker 3: I think his music hits again. There's just tables everywhere, any kind of weapon you could think of.
Speaker 4: They had legos, they had broken glass on taped gloves.
Speaker 3: They had a barb wire bat skewers, right, so these like little skewers that John I'm gonna throw up.
Speaker 4: They had an umbrella. Someone fought with an umbrella, which was very exciting. I think that was Kingston up at the top British and then a woman comes in with cookies and pastries.
Speaker 3: They hit them with that. There was literally anything you could think.
Speaker 4: I think Kingston was broken home when with a real bottle in the backstage area that either did I don't know if it broken.
Speaker 3: It was like one of my favorite things I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Dude. When he came out the second time, We're on a group text chain because we couldn't be together for this, and all I wrote was what the fuck is going on right now? The whole it was like Sarah Jessica Parker hosting the Golden globes. That one year where she just came out like nine different times and nine different wardrobes. Is beast was insane. The getting hit with the baking dish was hysterical. There was like you said, kendo sticks the broken glass shout out to Jean Claude Van Dam's Kickboxer movie was awesome. He did the tong Po that's the name of the bad guy in Kickboxer. I don't know why I know that. And they put the resin on their bandages and then dip it in the glass and then they punch each other and slice each other's guts up. I thought that was awesome. And I usually hate the gross stuff, and I thought that was awesome. And Orange Cassidy got the hell beat out of him. But only one person took a worse beating than Orange Cassidy, and that man's name was Trent Barretta.
Speaker 4: He's gone, Trent Peretta is gone. The dude got crushed more times than like a whole like a jobber for Bronze Stroman or something like.
Speaker 3: The dude was just hit after him. He went through every we Dude.
Speaker 2: I was yelling at the screen, leave that band alone. It was like watching someone get beaten on the streets of last Hey, I'm going to call the authorities. Kids. It was still a really sick match, even though I had no idea what was going on, but I know it was bloody and gross, and I know that John Moxley had skewers sticking out of the top of his head, and it looked like three hairs that Popeye would have on his head when they'd stand up straight when he'd get beat up before he'd eat the spinach. And it was the grossest thing ever. John Moxley, you're the grossest wrestler in the universe. But I still love you and I think you're awesome, but oh my god, you're so gross. Dude.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 4: This kind of stuff is right up my alley. But even I was going I could have done without the skewers. I was like, what is what are we doing with these things? There was also a screwdriver at one point in Oh.
Speaker 2: God, I don't know, but when he shook his head and most of them fell out, I was just like, oh God.
Speaker 4: When he was doing when Penta was hitting him, it's like I was watching his hand, like, Wow, he's really putting him in there. This must just be they might have like flat ends on them or something. But then when they stuck, I was just all right, this is it's worse, that's real. I thought it was like some sort of Arler trick, but it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Just wild.
Speaker 2: The winner of the match was the squozon one Orange Cassidy the best friends Kingston and settled me the next up. How do you follow that? I think everyone felt like the women got screwed because it was the women's World championship match, a fatal four way he Katushita the champion, versus doctor Britt Baker d m D versus Soirea versus Tony Storm, the former women's champion, and everything was stacked up for these women to fail, and they somehow pulled this match off. Man, I don't know how. They didn't lose the crowd, but they had him hyped. Sorea's entrance. She came out with her entire Carneye circus family. They were like eight deep. It looked it was probably like six deep. They came out, and I should have guessed it then that oh shit, she's about to win the World championship. But I thought there was no way that she was going to get the title, No way and shoot him my last one that I thought was going to win it. They came out and had a hell of a match. Britt Baker got Tony Storm and her submission hold and or hikatu. Sheida had had her in the submission hold and Soria came in and grabbed Tony Storm hit her with her finisher and before britt Baker tapped, she got the one two three on Tony Storm and it was awesome. Man, I did I had. I felt bad for them because I was like, Ooh, that sucks to give them this spot, and they totally crushed it. At least I thought they did. What did you think?
Speaker 4: I loved it, and you know that I'm pretty critical of women's wrestling, and it was awesome. I loved every second of the match.
Speaker 3: I was. I know that Soria's mom is a pro wrestler, I'm aware of that, but her mom did great.
Speaker 4: I'm just not used to seeing something in the front row wrestler or not be able to pull off and make it feel real when they're going back and forth with or like.
Speaker 3: Being held back or and her mom was amazing.
Speaker 4: I also loved the thing that they did, where like Tony Storm kept finding herself in situations from Sarria's perspective, would look like she's betraying her, so like Soria's just laying on the canvas, and then Brad Baker does a move to Tony Storm that puts her over Soria, Like that's just kind of how she felt.
Speaker 2: I definitely like the finish. I was happy with the winner. I like Sorea a lot. I think she's super cool. She just has to be healthy enough to be a champ unless she just holding it and they're waiting for someone to come in that they're gonna crown the new women's champion. But I really liked the match. It was awesome seeing her win in her hometown and that Sir takes us to the best damn tag team in wrestling FTR. Their country is all hell versus the Young Bucks, and I just got hip to both these teams in the last year, so I wasn't fully aware of their rivalry, but I know they can all work. Like cal I talked, I think while you were at work about the Brian Cage Big Bill versus FTR match and how they told this like crazy awesome story. I was like, yo, this match was so good and it shouldn't have been. And the Young Bucks wrestled the exact opposite way. All they do is move around and dance and do what bron Stromann would say, the flippy floppy shit, but they do it really cool. And it was to see who the best was gonna be. And these guys beat each other's ass for a very long time, and FTR got the victory after they did each other's moves and each other's finishers to each other twenty different times. And they go to shake hands at the end of the match, like, come on, fellas, let's bury the hatchet. The better team won, Let's go come on, shake it out. And the Young Bucks, the two brothers, they look at FTR and they just go, you know what, fuck you, and they just walk away. We're not shaking your hands. This shit's not over yet, bastards. And they just walked out. And I thought that was cool because it at least gives them they can come at each other again. And you can let one guy's be heal and the other guys be babyface and aw doesn't care. You're allowed to cheer for whoever you want.
Speaker 4: Over there, did you dig the match man no offense, but I think this was one of the most forgettable kind of matches up the night.
Speaker 2: For me.
Speaker 4: It was fine, it was good, and I like this future, so let's keep it rolling. But I just didn't feel like it had very many palpable moments. It didn't have very many, Like the stakes didn't feel bad really high for me anyways, and like they had that like chill kind of like press conference that was leading up to it that was supposed to like build it seems so.
Speaker 2: Well, let's discuss one of those great moments. To me, the greatest moment the goat, Sir, the ocho El Capitan, mister Chris Jericho versus Wrestlings Tom Frickin' Hardy. That's right, Venom himself, y'all, will Ausprey. I was not hip to this dude until lately. I had seen the Instagram clips of him getting flipped off the top turnbuckle, landing on his feet, and people put graphics of him turning into a super Saiyan when he does it, which is pretty awesome by the way, But I wasn't as hip to him as I have been lately, and that promo that he cut on Wednesday Night where he's like this mach will change my whole life. Brev, you don't understand it's gonna change my lot. I was just like, holy shit, this dude will never signed with WWE one hundred percent. He signing with AEW and they are going to kill it next year because his contract's up in January with New Japan. This match did not disappoint. These two men went back and forth. This match was awesome. Will Osprey can do anything off the top, turn buckle, anything in the air. He flipped and twisted and smashed Chris Jericho. Chris Jericho beat his ass. These guys went back and forth, and you know, Chris Jericho has a piece of aw by the way he tries to get every single wrestler in the company over, and you know he knows will Osprey's money, and so he put him over freaking big time. And this British man from I think they said Essex one in front of ninety thousand people screaming his name. They all love him because he's their guy, and he won their girl, Sirea one. It was like the Night of the Brits and the just felt right from start to finish. It was awesome. I know you love this match, Joe.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I became a Will Osprey fan. He's so stinking good. Some wrestlers are so good at pro wrestling that they make it look easy, and then there's some guys that are so good at pro wrestling that it looks so hard.
Speaker 3: You're like, I could never be a pro wrestler. I could never.
Speaker 4: He beat his ass like he beat Chris Jericho's ass, but he made he did it in a way where it was like it made Jericho look tough as hell. And I can link Jericho did that match with how with Jercho's age, and he's thinking that We've got guys like Billy Gunn, We've got guys like Sting, We've got the still wrestled, We've got these guys who are still in there, Christian, all these guys, but nobody's taking that many bumps from a guy that young. Now my match of the night, just because I'm so entertained with all the little bells and whistles of other shit, but when it comes out of just pro wrestling, Wow.
Speaker 3: I became a huge fan.
Speaker 4: I was also bullying Osprey when he was in the ring because I'm palas of Jericho, you know, so he would be like yelling to change. It's gonna change my life, bro, Baba Bonda, I'm gonna do it. I just kept being like, we can't understand you. What are you saying?
Speaker 2: Oh, I would have bought you. I would have fought you in the crowd, dude, I would have fought you for sure. That promo got me fired up.
Speaker 4: We're in the Jericho section, dude, as we're not trying to cheer for will Osprey.
Speaker 2: But as all day I'm sure for will Osprey. That was some sick Now you're coming to thee Yeah, yeah, I like it all the way better, dude. Yeah. Man, that kid is a straight up gangster. And what a way to tease because now you know he has to go away because he has to finish out his contract. And you got this like taste. It's like the ultimate your appetizer is your entree, but they only give you a bite of it, and it's the best entree you've ever had. And you're like, oh, now I got a wait twenty more minutes for this son of a bitch to get done cooking, damn it.
Speaker 4: And I think that he knew that this was his moment. You know when someone says like, hey, listen, this is your role to lose. Go in there and have a hell of an audition. Go in there and make the whole crowd laugh.
Speaker 3: This is your spot. We picked you because you're great, but like you better deliver.
Speaker 4: He delivered, and because of that, he's gonna be the most wanted wrestler around.
Speaker 3: You know when he's contracts out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is the Coffin match. I did not think I was gonna like this match. I liked this match quite a bit. I loved Sting's part in this. I loved when the table didn't break and he was like, oh no, you're you're gonna break. I did not. I get nervous with the old guys, and Sting was like, relax, Freddy, don't you what are you nervous about? I got this, bro. I really liked this match, and it was a lot of fun. The bumps that these dudes took on that coffin with legit denting it with their skulls and the coffin dropped that Darby Allen did on top of it were un believable. There were show stealing type moments though it couldn't steal the show. Nothing could accept a loss.
Speaker 4: Bring Darby is reckless with his body, like in a fun way and in a good way, Like I love to watch it, but like I'm just going he's not gonna do that on the Coffin. You know, it's not collapsing like one of these tables were used to seeing. It's making his whole head whip back. Like there's just so many crazy spots. Didn't have these things. Was there any part of you, and just be honest, was there any part of you that was like maybe because of this week with Terry Funk and Bray Wyatt like that the Coffin things a little weird?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't. My brain didn't not.
Speaker 4: Even even bridge that the match was awesome. Swerve is a rock star, dude. I can't say enough good so do. His manager is funny, He's got so much Charismai he's got a great look. His moves are awesome. I know we're not talking about it because he didn't, but he had a lot of spots that were pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: Serve was man. His entrance was so good. Man, it's restles and so good. He's got personality for days and the moment wasn't too big for him at all. He ate that up. Who's house Swerve's house? Like you could tell he was love and love And.
Speaker 3: We have to mention this because you texted it first.
Speaker 4: And then Alex, our producer, said, I thought that too, and I promise you I'm not just saying this. I also the second and halpened, I go, wait a minute, his braids are out.
Speaker 3: Those braids are out.
Speaker 4: That means he's technically not fully in the coffin. But we all had the same thought at the same time, which means probably most of the wrestling world also had that idea. You know, we're gonna play by the rules. Ear Swarf should be upset. You should be like you didn't fully get me.
Speaker 2: Protest file of protests, Swerve, don't let the storyline die, File of protests. Technically part of you was out of the coffin. Technical Oh so that must hurt.
Speaker 4: If your braids are stuck and like you're inside, that would probably hurt, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Yeah, and he sacrificed people. Protest Swerve. In another trios match or not trios match or a trios match, we had Billy the Badass Gun and the acclaimed against the House of Black. This match had a story which was nice because Billy Gunn, we all thought retired in the middle of the ring when he lost to these guys and got pinned and felt like he was an anchor holding the team down instead of a guiding force that's building them up right, and so he takes his boots off in the ring and everybody's no, say it ain't so. And they tricked everyone and wrote this lovely story where the House of Black would not leave the Acclaimed alone even after they beat them straight up. And Billy Gunn had enough and he's like, look, if you're not gonna let it end, you son of a bitch, I'm gonna end it. And he called them out and he said, I'm the badass gun and I'm coming to Wimbley Stadium and you can suck it words to that effect, and they had this match. I honestly wanted Billy to get his own entrance. I wanted the Acclaim to come out do their rap and then introduce Billy Gunn and have him come out get his own music. That's what I was hoping for. But it didn't happen. That's all right. He looked like Solomon Grundy from the DC comic books, and he beat the hell out of everybody and they hit like twenty seven famousers in the match, which was awesome, four different mic drops, and they got the win and they're the new champs. So he can't retire Man, He's got to stay with us forever because he still has one of the best bodies in wrestling at one hundred and twenty seven years old.
Speaker 3: I know he's so bad as he looked great and.
Speaker 2: Of cold Beabay versus Maxwell Jacob Friedman, the AEW World Heavyweight Champion MJF. This has been a great story. I thought it was coming to an end tonight. It is most certainly is not. It was simply chapter one. The Roger Strong stuff guarantees you that I got the finish wrong. I got everything wrong, although I think I think I said Max would win. They told a great story. It's like watching an old eighties teen angst movie watching these two guys. It's like the things they fight. They treat the belt like the girl they both have a crush on. The dialogue feels so eighties, like a cop, like a Buddy cop film, like Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolty going back and forth in forty eight hours. I've loved everything about it. They brought all of that into the match. Somehow they gave you a horrible finish and then MJF, who's the biggest mark for himself, apparently goes, we're not handing on a bullshit ending, working off fight forever, you fuckers, let's go, and then they fought forever. I love the match. I love the ending. The Roderick Strong stuff worked really well. I'm your best friend, not him, do it, do it? But he couldn't do it because he's got love for MJF because he's he has kind of scum bag. But this was awesome and the story now is not finished, which is really cool and has me guessing all over again. I had to love this match too, right, you love the whole show. I feel like, yeah, the show is awesome and was great.
Speaker 4: There was so many little MJF isms in the match where I would go, I've never seen that, and I think that that's something to MJF like made up or did on his own, trying to think of what they were. But like every time something would have happened, oh like gaining his trust by being like shaking his hand, and Adam Cole thinking I can't shake his hands, and then he shakes his hand, he goes no strut by sportsmanship, and then he starts his own sportsmanship. Chance he does it like a few more times, and Adam Cole gets comfy, going like yeah, you know, all right, yeah, this guy's he's a changed man. And then all of a sudden, like on the sixth one, when he goes to it, he pokes him in the eye and then turns to the crowd's like right down then jff baby. It's like those little things are so great. Also, I noticed a thing that happened in the MGF match versus Cole that also happened earlier to Tony Storm with Soraya and Britt Baker, where in WW they do this thing that I think is total How do I put this?
Speaker 3: How do I put this politely? I think it's total bullshit. Whereas like whenever a big moves happened, they show you an instant replay, but then they they either zoom in or they.
Speaker 4: Like speed it up. It drives me crazy. Just show us the highlight, you know, just show us the thing. So MJF got slammed onto the like soupplex onto the steel steps outside, and it looked, oh god, realistic that they replayed it like multiple times. Look at this how crazy is because if something is real, let's see it, let's see that this is great. It should explait that to really be like, look at how crazy they're putting their bodies on the line. And the same thing with Tony Storm got stomped while Soriah had her in this kind of like figure four kind of I don't know if there's.
Speaker 3: A name for the move this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tony's Storm gets her head stumped by Britt Baker's foot, but since her hands aren't there, she's just really taking the head and face to the canvas. And they replayed it like three times, and I was like, good on, aw, get those real moments and there kind of show off. This match was full of amazing storytelling of like MGF pulling out the ring and questioning it do I do this?
Speaker 3: Dirty fan? And him putting the ring back in his shorts. There's just so many, so much great storytelling. MJF is I say it every time we talk about it. He's the best. He's just genuinely the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, dude, Jeff, tell the people where you're going to be this weekend.
Speaker 4: I will be in Bakersfield, California this weekend, so now school really should come.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just look on Jeff dot comics see where I'm coming to you.
Speaker 2: Guys, And don't forget tomorrow on sanctioned Thursdays, where we're going to talk some more ae W and yes we will get into the loss of the tragic loss of Bray Wyatt to the wrestling community and we'll discuss that more there. Thank you everyone for tuning in, Thank you for writing those reviews. Thank you for sharing this podcast however you share it with your friends. And this was Wrestling with Freddy. Wrestling with Friends Peece.
Speaker 4: Follow us on Instagram, Wrestling with Freddy Twitter is ww Freddie Pod. Follow us on all the socials so you can submit your questions for the Federation.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Iheart'smichael Toura podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your paper shows.