Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock mover's report. The company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Master, Tim Stenebeck, Romain, Bostik, and Scarlet Food.
Speaker 3: We had some fairly broad based buying today, Scarlet three hundred and thirty two names in the S and P five hundred to the Upside one hundred and sixty seven, losing ground for Unchange at least as we settle in here.
Speaker 4: All right, let's take a look at what's leading the games today. It's really a mix of cyclicals and of course big tech. You have materials and industrials, each getting about a percent. Consumer discretionary up about eight tenths of one percent, and then on the flip side, energy lower by four tens of one percent, communications services moderately lower.
Speaker 3: All right, let me get to some of the individual gainers if I may, And I feel like these are perhaps all things in Romain's life, but we'll have to see if that's true. Let's start with deckers, because that is your number one gainer in the S and P five hundred. I definitely see some ugs and some hokahs, in his closet. Stock was up as much as twenty percent intraday, finishing the day with a gain of about eleven percent. But, as I said, number one gainer in the SNP net sales for ug and Hoka, surpassing analysts estimates in the fiscal first quarter, ugg sales rising about nineteen percent, Hokah sales increasing roughly twenty percent. Bloomberg Intelligence our own analysts saying that uggs momentum further validates their conviction about the brand's health, and Hoka outperform expectations as new product upgrades fuel demand. All right, Also check out remain Tom. You might find a YETI or two in there. We had that stock up about five point six percent here at the close after a Betaville Uncooked alert says the outdoor products maker may have attracted some takeover interest. You might remember back in May that the stock rose after Jeffries said that the consumer products company stands out as an attractive target for private equity. The report, though in today's trade, citing people following the situation, identity of a potential buyers and clear though some of the people suggest a PE firm may be interested to maybe a private equity play, and then it's.
Speaker 1: Wanted to be great effle like Deckers just bought them.
Speaker 5: Carry what are the synergy?
Speaker 1: Is your big gigantic mug with your.
Speaker 3: Actually I think people who wear uggs probably carry yetties.
Speaker 5: Can I make it?
Speaker 1: I just carry like Stanley cups.
Speaker 3: Sorry, all right, all right, all right. One more thing that might be in remains driveway at Tesla. Probably not. I'm thinking you're not a driveway? Are you a Tesla guy?
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, yeah, I live in Manhattan, So no, I don't.
Speaker 2: Have a driveway.
Speaker 5: If you have a driveway, then I'm going with you to the Hamptons. You gotta driveway.
Speaker 3: You have a driveway for Tesla or garage?
Speaker 4: Because you need to try.
Speaker 1: Who drives in the city?
Speaker 5: Come on, all right, we all drive in the city.
Speaker 3: I drive in the city, all right, all right. So Tesla was a top gainer number two gainer in the NASDAQ one hundred stock up about three and a half percent.
Speaker 1: We know there.
Speaker 3: It was sold off yesterday following uh Tesla's report that came late Wednesday. In Elon's warning, Alice though raising price targets for Tesla since it reported earnings eight change price targets. The average change was up about three percent, five raised price targets by an average of almost nine percent, three cut their price target targets by an average of seven percent, and four analysts downgraded their investment recommendation none.
Speaker 1: All right, I hope yours a better.
Speaker 5: Hey, I actually got the two worst performers on a percentage basis in the S and P five hundred. Let's start with Intels down eight point five percent. You guys know what happened yesterday after the bell, Intel CEO lit Bhutan spark concerns that he's more focused on cost cutting than restoring the chip maker's technological edge. Check out what he said on the call quote, I do not subscribe to the belief that if you build it, they will come. He was referring to future spending and the spending under his predecessor just over the last couple of years in building these facilities, some of which they stopped building and they slowed down to constructure.
Speaker 1: I'm curious, so I know everyone's taking that as a negative. Is that potentially maybe a positive? I know there's been so much talk about how all these other companies are just spending all this money willy nilly and not really seeing a return from it. Maybe a more pragmatic approach.
Speaker 3: I feel like Ian King said, you got to spend.
Speaker 5: Though, right, Yeah, I mean think about this. This is Intel. This was like the king of chip making back in the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a cyclical business. But Intel has completely missed out on this cycle. I mean yesterday, this was before the bell came, before the earnings. This was one hundred billion dollar company. It's now about a ninety billion dollar company. The question is what does it look like in its next iteration and how does it compete with the big players up?
Speaker 4: I mean the bears would say that comment sounds like he's managing for a decline or through a decline, rather than managing for a recovery, right, or for growth.
Speaker 5: I mean that's what big exact and that's why I think you saw the reaction today so well as the way to see. Remember he's still a new CEO, so he's got some time for a turnaround. But we've been saying that about the last two CEOs as well. I think it's fair to say, Hey, also, Charter Communication, this was the worst performer in the S and P five hundre today had its worst single day ever, down eighteen and a half percent. This after the company said it lost one hundred and eleven thousand residential high speed internet customers in the quarter that ended at the end of June. It was more than analysts had predicted. They're facing pressure from the rise of five G from mobile companies and also fiber home internet offerings as well. And finally taking a look at Pinnacle Financial Partners down twelve percent along with Sonovas down twelve and a half percent, this after the companies agreed to an all stock transaction valued at eight point six billion dollars. It'll combine these two banks in the US Southeastern market. But investors not liking the looks of this, at least today.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick look at yield. We did actually see some movement. They are relatively modest movement, to be sure, but to the downside, basically about a one basis point across the board here. And it gets to this idea of us a little bit of stasis right now going on in the yield spaces. Everyone really tries to game out, guys, where we go next with rates, particularly in light of all the pressure the White House on Jay Powell, which we all were here live on Area.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, sometimes with harthads, sometimes without.
Speaker 1: Well, the hardhats just was like, I mean, Chef's Kiss. I mean, honestly, that's the best television we've had.
Speaker 3: Ye that moment in time is just like seared. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.