Speaker 1: First Day to follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys.
Speaker 2: Online at advocatesla dot com.
Speaker 1: Lauren is on the phone today for our first Day follow up and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Sammy. So in a few minutes we'll call him in seefa, tells why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date. But first, Lauren, how long has it been since you heard from Sammy?
Speaker 2: Oh it's been like a week or two.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Have you reached out to him in that time?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, I definitely have, although I don't think he knows that I have. I'll probably have to explain that to you a little bit. You have a weird situation, okay, But I can't believe I'm saying it that the date was actually like amazing, And it's so rare that I meet anyone, whether it's you know, IRL or online where it's like especially online to say, because you know, we'll text and like I think that there could be a possibility that going somewhere, and then like I don't know, we meet up and it's just not what I expected. But in this case, the text chemistry absolutely translated to real life. We spent like several hours together. Wasn't just at one spot. We were like kind of hopping all around one venue to the next, and believe it or not, even I got to know some of his friends and they became awesome as well, and the night ended up at his place, which I didn't expect.
Speaker 1: But no, yeah, I know, you know, talking.
Speaker 2: In the radio, so something's happened at our you know, PG thirteen rated R. So I stayed the night there, and then we decided to meet up for date number two, which was just casual but so much fun, like downtown after work, you know, not my neighborhood where I live, but it was just a great time.
Speaker 3: Did you go back with him after date number two? Too?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: I texted him and just got no response, like I didn't know where he was, so sitting there like what And then after fifteen minutes I.
Speaker 2: Did something that like I never want to do, like the phone call like hey where are you? That sort of thing awkward?
Speaker 3: So wait, wait, wait, I'm sorry he disappeared in the middle of your date.
Speaker 2: No, I got there and he was nowhere to be found.
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, again, I really think I like this guy, So I'm like, normally after fifteen minutes. I would just leave, like, Okay, you're gonna going to waste my time. I don't even know you, but I'm like, let me get a chance that you never know, like what could have happened? Right, So I call and I missed that. My calls are doing like the same thing every single time. It would like ring twice and then I'll go straight to voicemail. I talked this up to like, okay, he's in a bad service area, that sort of thing, but it happened, I want to say, like four times in a row. So at that point I just was like, Okay, I'm going to go ahead and google, like how do I know if someone's blocked me? Because I never could understand the answer to this. But it's actually turns out it's really easy to do that. Apparently, like you could just make your number anonimous. Yeah, to block people.
Speaker 1: You can, just to find out if you're blocked or to be blocked, to be blocked.
Speaker 2: Okay, Like this was a lesson for me because like apparently like if it rings more than twice before the voicemail, that means you're blocked?
Speaker 3: It does or does that mean you're getting sent to voicemail.
Speaker 2: It's blocked, so I mean, okay, either way, it's not okay. So I was like, all right, well, I wow, this sucks right, And I just went back to my car and I was smoking there, like I couldn't even bring myself to drive home. I was still bummed out.
Speaker 5: So that's really Enoughmber, I would be frustrated about that, especially if you think the date went so well that's yeah, you just.
Speaker 3: Want to know why.
Speaker 5: Also, you're like, well, did you do something though, Like if you think back to that first date, is there any thing that could have happened that would cause the blocking?
Speaker 2: No, And I've asked myself that now, like up and down, and I'm for me and I thought it was mutual, like we have this insane chemistry that's super rare. So that's why I'm so disappointed. I can't come up with any reason why, especially after like you know, seeing me covered more than once. But he would go to me like why wouldn't you just say something?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, we'll try to figure out for you to play a song, come back and then call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting you.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: Play song come back get your first Day follow up next if you're just joining us for today's First Day follow up. Lauren is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Sammy. So in a second, we're gonna call him seevill tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date if she still wants one. But before we do that, Lauren, why don't you catch us up on your situation?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well, basically, I had like two really nice dates with this guy, and I went for date number three and he was m I A. And he has not talked to me whatsoever. And I don't understand why I'm being ghosted.
Speaker 1: And you think you might be blocked even.
Speaker 2: Yeah, blocked me? Why I didn't take him for being a coward.
Speaker 1: So that's why I'm so com cute. All right? You ready for us to call him?
Speaker 2: That's all for me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, here we go. Hello him. I as speaking to Sammy please? Uh yeah, this is Sammy. What's up? This is Jewbel. My name is Jeubel. I host a radio show. It's called the Jubil Show.
Speaker 3: How's it going, Sammy? The whole show's here. I'm Nina, Hi and I'm Victoria.
Speaker 1: Oh hi, Hi, all right, you ever listened to the show?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I've ever heard you guys?
Speaker 1: Well, have you ever heard of first a follow up before?
Speaker 2: Uh? I have. I'm starting to get nervous here, But.
Speaker 1: Don't be nervous because we're calling you because somebody did send us an email about you. So maybe you'd be nervous. I don't know. But it's a segment where if you're ghosting somebody, they can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them. And we got an email about you from somebody.
Speaker 6: Okay, I think I probably know who you're talking about.
Speaker 1: You want to try to take a guess at the Dame Lauren? Yes, Sammy, you're correct. You've won absolutely nothing. But is Lauren? Do you mind telling us why you're ghosting her?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 6: Look, we we texted for a while.
Speaker 2: It was great. We meet for the date.
Speaker 6: Chemistry is there, she's really cool, she's hot. Everything was good, and then at some point the conversation turns around to like, you know, relationship stuff. You know, we're just talking about like relationship things, like you know, we are you ever gonna have kids? Are you ever gonna get well, I don't know whatever, you know, just stuff like about relationships, okay, And at one point I asked her what her definition of cheating is If a guy goes to a strip club, is that cheating that sort of thing?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah, And let's just say that her perspective is pretty strict. She said even watching adult movies was cheating. That to me is like pretty.
Speaker 1: Extreme, and nobody's gonna take that from you.
Speaker 6: So you're saying, it's not like I watched it all the time, but it is a part of my life and it is okay that I enjoy. I don't know, it just feels like that to me. He's not cheating, you know, that's just like entertainment.
Speaker 5: So did you have that conversation with her and like express your concern with her line that you do in regards to adult film.
Speaker 6: I mean, I just kind of got awkward and it kind of gave me the ick, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And it was weird.
Speaker 3: I gave you an Okay, that's that's new.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I don't want to be a cheater, Like if we got together, like I'd be cheating on her all the time. You know, it's like she can feel however she wants to feel, and that's totally fine. But I just kind of realized, like maybe this wasn't like a long term thing, and I maybe I should have said something I didn't. I mean, this happened in like the first forty five minutes of the date, and it was like four hours long, and like you know, you know, she spent the night and it was great.
Speaker 3: You know, that was fun.
Speaker 6: But the whole time, I was just kind of this is in the back of my mind, and I just I mean, what do you say to that. Do you say, like, wait a minute, I gotta watch a don't move.
Speaker 5: I feel like I would want to get to the bottom of it and kind of understand why that was such a hard line for somebody. Yeah, because I think we asked those questions in the beginning of a date, whether it's about the adult film or just like do you want to get married? But like to understand where the person comes from, and sometimes that's sometimes that sparks a conversation that helps the other person see where you're coming from and you can change your mind a little bit. She might have been into it if she was like, it's not cheating if you watch it with me.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Can I just say something right now, it is absolutely textbook cheating, like no matter who he's watching it.
Speaker 6: With, Sammy, Wait a minute, Lauren, Wait, Lauren's here.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's Lauren. She's on the phone listening and wants to talk to me.
Speaker 2: Oh man, oh man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I came here to get answered. This was not one I was expecting to get of all the reasons that could be. But you know, like I have sort of been wondering, like why he was so like animated turns sect and I'm like, maybe he was mimicking a performance, like he's had any experience watching these tutorials. If you will, you see, it can be a good thing. I mean yeah, And you know, while we're putting everything out on the table right now, I just want to ask something like, you know, we went on two dates, so there was a little bit of time in between, you know, Gate one and date two. So what were you doing during that time? Were you spending your time like prepping, you know, watching all these videos cheating?
Speaker 1: You know, what were you doing?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I watched some videos in between. That's what people do. Okay, So the gist of it is you were cheating on me. We weren't experiences. We'd gone on a date. What are you talking about? You know, this is cheating against textbooks, cheating. It should just be between two people. It's it's to me, it's no different than cheating, swinging, watching for it's all the same group, it all together, and hearing like thinking that you're amazing. But it turns out I've been blinded by something because you could not even say faithful to me for two dates.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, look, it wasn't like I was watching videos of girls that looked like you. I was watching videos of like other types of the matter what they look like, Lauren, we went on two dates. We it's not like we were in gates like. This is wild to me.
Speaker 2: Really, you're forgetting in those four Actually it was six hours that we spent together, not four like you said. I guess you're forgetting half the things you said to me juring that day. But this is cool, it's fine.
Speaker 6: I didn't make commitments and I'm am I in single white female right now? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Is that another adult video?
Speaker 1: Kind of yeah.
Speaker 2: About a crazy girl.
Speaker 6: I'm scared. I don't know this is wild, man.
Speaker 2: I really don't think you would be acting pretty nor I think you'd be pretty crazy if you just found out you got cheated on too, okay.
Speaker 6: Buddy, If you came to me and said, hey, I was watching a bunch of porn this week, I'd be like, hell, yeah, look I didn't see it on you. We weren't together. We went on two days.
Speaker 2: This is not okay. You can come up with an excuse, Havers, you try to, like, you know, flop it all over and whatever you want to say, but like, you're a cheater and I do not ever want to see you again.
Speaker 1: I haven't asked yet, Sammy, would you like to go on another day with Laura? Will pay for it?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: No, I would like to log into my internet and watch some art films now, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Sure, okay, I think that's really just proved my point that I've been talking about with my friends, like every single guy out there is a cheater in some way, shape or form.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's a good way to put it, but.
Speaker 6: Sure, all right, Lauren, you know I just nobody asked you to talk
Speaker 1: You Wiles first day follow up