Speaker 1: Volume.
Speaker 2: Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL Playoffs, is bringing you an offer that will help make the playoffs electrifying. New customers can bet five bucks on any game and get two hundred instantly in bonus bets. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app now and see code Shannon. New customers can bet just five bucks and get two hundred instantly in bonus bets only on Draft Kings Sportsbook with the code Shannon.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us again for another episode of Nightcaps. I'm your favorite. Oh Shannon Sharp, He's your favorite, Number eighty five runner, extraordinary Bengals great, six time Pro bowler, three time First Team All Pro, Shad o Cho, Senko Johnson. Thank you so much, ladies and gentlemen. We're now at nine hundred and thirty eight thousand subs leaves. Make to make sure you continue to light and subscribe to Nightcamp.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: Joe and I and Gil greatly appreciate it. Make sure you subscribe to the Nightcamp podcast feed. We do have our own Nightcap does have its own podcast feed, though you can get it through Club shade shape, but Nightcap has its own podcast feed. We also have been shave by laporty eight at the top of the chat super Bowls about what ten twelve bout twelve thirteen days away? Yeah, so you got the Super Bowl party. You're gonna need something. You're gonna need some of that shape. You got Valentine's Day, you got Saint Patrick Day. Excuse me, you got a lot of opportunity to have something to celebrate birthdays and hey, you got light. Let's just celebrate life. Go ahead, what you want to say?
Speaker 3: You hit it right down the nose. You hit it right down on the nose. Listen. I don't drink.
Speaker 1: I've never partake in consuming any type of alcohol, but I will drink Land forty eight. When we hit a me and subscribers, I need all of you, all of you that are watching. Tell your bosses, tell your uncles, tell your aunties, get your kids, tell your kids kids to tell their parents they just subscribe. When we hit a mean, When we hit a mean subscribers in Vegas, I will be drinking my first.
Speaker 3: Drop of alcohol. And I'm excited. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: I want to excite at all.
Speaker 3: I want to see you. I want to see what the fuss is about.
Speaker 1: While everybody like going to the club and then drinking social plead, I want to know what it's like because at fifty six, the fact that I've never had alcohol before, it's a crime.
Speaker 3: It's a crime.
Speaker 2: Hey, but it's right here that's gonna have you, right o yo, So please make sure you go ahead and buy yourself a bottle or for you or someone that's special. As a matter of fact, go ahead and get you and that someone special. One. We're gonna start off with some post championship a Sunday question that I want to clarify and discuss, O Joe, You and I have a we had a conversation last night, sir about Taylor's and Taylor Swift. I think she's been how many games she's been to? Nine the ninety three? Right, twelve games she's been to twelve games, they're ninety three in which they played, and the network seems to go out of their way to make sure they show her. Obviously, anytime Travis Kelsey does something, the camera were paying. They score, camera were paying, right, even if they're not doing anything, they're going to commercial. Yeah, and so you and I was having a discussion. I said, oh, Joe, I don't think. I don't think anybody moves the needle like Taylor Swift. You say, give me a second. I think you had to go to the bathroom. You came back, you said, I got on. I got what.
Speaker 3: I said.
Speaker 2: Who you got? You say, I got Beyonce. And I said, oh Joe, me, I don't think she moves the needle quite like Taylor. I understand that she is a global icon. She is a global brand unto herself, like Taylor Swift. But I think the people are missing the conversation that you and I are having. We're talking about what the NFL is trying to do. They're saying, we already got jay Z and base Beyonce fans watching. Yeah, now we need to get a different, a different, a different revenue stream.
Speaker 3: I see where you're going. I like that. I see where you're going. I like that.
Speaker 2: They're saying those little those younger and I'm not saying so people take everything in this little interpretation. Oh so you saying there are no adults that like Taylor Swift? Are you saying there's no blacks? No, I'm not saying that. Button uh and we're trying to find the stat the statistic that I think it was NBC had put on their screen about the young girls, the different the demographic. I think it was like thirteen to eighteen and like eighteen to twenty four that all of a sudden started watching and going to the games, and they saw a big increase in that situation accent in a stat today. Let me delimtergate it right quick, O Joe.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. That's a good one. You know it's funny. I'm I'm gonna let you finish your point. But I would like, I would like to counter that when you when when you get done, so when when I think about you say, we already have the jay Z and Beyonces, the likes of them actually watching the game. Yeah, I am one to also think and and I might be wrong, but hypothetically speaking, if the roles were reversed and Beyonce was Taylor and Travis Kelsey was just for the for for the sake of saying that with jay Z playing tight end for the Kansas City chief, I don't I don't want to.
Speaker 3: I don't want to put another.
Speaker 1: Individual on on on on that union they have that as special. Yeah, I think the camera would still is withould still pay. I think the little girls that look up the Beyonce that do sing and dance and adore her and what she's been able to do from a global aspect also here in America also.
Speaker 3: What she would I think she would move the needle as well.
Speaker 1: Maybe not to the extent that that that you may see or to the extend that Taylor is doing, but I think she's one of the few that also have the power to do this as well.
Speaker 3: And there's one that I didn't mention last.
Speaker 1: Night because I also didn't want to bring her up, but I think Rihanna where they.
Speaker 2: Of moving the name, yeah, the same way as well, because she sings and she's a brand as far as cosmetics with finishyah huge. Yeah, So she has she has one thing going because we know what she does as far in the music industry, and then she has a cosmetic brand that's probably bigger than a music So she's a double So she's what they call a double edged sword. She's cultn't left and right, both sides. She sliced it up. But ashe gave musta she said the lead check its highest regular season female viewership since it began tracking in two thousand and the best regular season among eighteen to thirty four year olds since twenty nineteen. From last year's regular season, this year's female viewership rose by nine percent. Now I'm not saying that's all Taylor Swift. I would be foolish and I would be naive, But I understand what the NFL is trying to do. There's a reason. There's a reason when the first time, what had they done on Joe? For the first time they put two playoff games on a streaming platform. Now, why would they do that? Because for the longest time they wouldn't. They said ESPN, we can't let you have an NFL a super Bowl for the simple fact you pay. We want everybody to be able to see it. Just plug your TV in and you can watch.
Speaker 3: It, no matter where you are in the world, no matter where are What.
Speaker 2: Did they do this year old Joe put it on the streaming service and guess what people did? Yeah, signed up and watched it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have no choice.
Speaker 2: Fifty If I'm not mistaken, I think fifty million people. I think they put Buffalo. Wasn't it Buffalo in Kansas City? That was on the streaming that Sunday Sunday night. Yeah, I think it did, like fifty million, did fifty million views, which was the highest White's Divisional game I think. Ever, if I'm not mistaken, look that up chat. I know y'all are correct me. But but see, here's the thing. We changed the variable we're talking about right now. You say, well, if you add if Beyonce was dating a football player, well, if I had, if you and I had Elon Murk Monk or Bernard ENO's money, we would be the richest man in the world. But we don't. We can't add that variable. We have to use what we have right now. You say, well, if it wasn't raining or if this quarterback had that player, you're changing the variables we have to use with what we have right now. Dolphins Chiefs, Dolphin Chiefs. If there's another game on Peacock the following week one of the that was only one game on Peacock. Okay, Dolphins chief and that did twenty three million men, thirty three million.
Speaker 3: Listen, If it don't, if it don't, if it don't make dollars, it don't make sense to the NFL. Yoh yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean Listen, we all know what their bottom line is at the end of the day, and anything that they do do, they're going to do it to make sure they can monetize on it.
Speaker 3: You know it's gonna be next.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to break one of stephen A's first thing. That Stephen they always love to say, you got to stay all the weed. Weed and when they get it, when they find out, when they find a way to manipulate it, where they from it.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 2: That's why they got dispissaries. That's why he's saying. With alcohol, they used to be prohibition, they bootlegged it. But once the government found a way to tax alcohol, whether they did they made it legal, boom made money. What do they do with weed? How many people? How many black and brown people are incocrated for we rated? Yeah, now they found a way to monetize them. It's not merely so, guys. When Ojo and I when we have a conversation, it's not about like a dislike we're I'm not saying and a lot of times we disagree, and that's not by okay, oh cho, you got to take this side. I gotta take that side. Well oo, you took that side we just disagree with certain things. This was not to say Taylor Swift there's mortalented or not. This is not to say she can sing better or not. This is not to say anything other than what the NFL is doing when they show her. This is what they're doing and this is why they're doing it. So and I did not say people Complex and their other sites that said I said that Taylor Swift was biggest Michael Jackson. I said she's the closest thing.
Speaker 3: Too, that we do have and that they do have.
Speaker 1: That that's a fact, and you people can argue that, but it's the fact she's the closest thing that we have to it. But will there ever be anyone close to being able to do what Michael Jackson was able to do?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: Well, I tell you what, o Joe, You and I was talking about this earlier. When Michael Jackson pop out on stage and people start fainting after they don't pay five ten thousand dollars a ticket and they missed the concert because they passed out, I'm gonna say there, he or she is biggest Michael Jackson. But until that happens, it ain't happening. It ain't happening. Michael, Mike was different.
Speaker 3: You said the stand. I don't know.
Speaker 2: If we're ever gonna see anything like him again because we them as a child Jackson five. And then he went on off on his own Off the Wall, which was his first release, which was unbelievable. It might be his best work, although Thriller got more commercial success with album said, it's hard for me to believe that Off the Wall wasn't his best work.
Speaker 1: Now there's another branch we can take this tree off of based on the conversation as far as we talked about from an entertaining aspect, as far as stage presidence and actually watching and commanding the eye from an entertainment aspect the way Michael Jackson did. When it comes to entertaining.
Speaker 2: We do have.
Speaker 1: We do have maybe two, maybe three that that had that type of stage presidence the way Michael did. For one, Beyonce become performing, I'm not sure if I'm not sure for those those in the chat that have had the opportunity sy Beyonce perform in person, to me, that equates to.
Speaker 3: The same the same.
Speaker 1: Effect of seeing Michael perform live if you've seen. Some people might not agree with this if you've ever seen Chris Brown perform live on Oh you Can Move Man, listen, I'm talking about entertaining aspect, Yes, yes, presence and what like very Michael Jackson ish, I'm not seeing Michael Jackson talking from an entertainment aspect, performing and putting on.
Speaker 2: James Brown was the originator of that. James Brown was the first singing and dancing that sends and all that other stuff. James, And you know how hard that is to dance and still and still sing and be able to control your voice so everything comes out the right way. Bro. You listen when you I don't know if you've ever been to a Beyonce concert, but I give the utmost respect because if you remember Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire, I said Ginger Rogers had the heart job about Fred because here's the thing, she did everything everything freda Staire did, she did it backwards and in heels. When you watch Beyonce, beyoncey got on three five inch heels and she's non stop singing, dancing, She's all over the place, quick change, she's back out it again, and she giving you two hours of work. You have to be impressed with that look and that's that's not a knock on people that don't that just go and they sing like a dal. I love a Dale concert because Adale not only does she sing, she's a storyteller. She tell you where she was, the state of mind she was in, what she was thinking when she wrote this song, and where she is not if you've ever seen a concert kind of like John Legend. I saw John Legend and concert at the Hollywood Bowl. He's another storyteller, has a very interesting story. But Beyonce to be able to do that, it's like a dB you have to have. I say dv's are more athletic than wide receivers because they're doing everything the wide receiver does, but he's doing it backwards. That's why you have the respect. That's why people like beyond saying people that sing, dance and entertained for two hours, that's why you have to give them so much more respect because do you understand and don't miss a beat? And if they do miss a beat, you don't know it.
Speaker 3: You don't see it. Matter of fact, I forgot what I forgot? What uh to? What was one where Beyonce she slipped a little bit.
Speaker 1: She slipped a little bit when she went low, but she didn't notice it because she stayed on beat and whatever.
Speaker 3: People don't get to see. I think if people were able to see.
Speaker 1: This is why, Like when when Beyonce had she had a documentary, So it takes you through everything that she's going through to get to what people get to see when they show up the watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all we get to see is the product. When it comes the rappers.
Speaker 1: When it comes to artists, all we know is the music that they put out and not all the work that goes into it. So you get you get a better understanding on why she is great as she is.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: I told the story last night a lot of I think it over a lot of people's heads when I told him listen, I help with some of Beyonce's choreography. I used to be a backup dancer, you know at time you know, huh yeah, way back. It's like twenty fifteen, twenty fourteen, you know, I was a backup dannerst.
Speaker 3: So I've seen the work.
Speaker 1: That's like nineteen fifteen, No, no, no, not not twenty fifteen, twenty fifteen. Yeah, I've seen the work that she's put in to reach the stratosphere in what she's at now, and it's unbelievable to see what she's become just based on me being there and learning the choreography and dancing and helping out.
Speaker 3: So I feel like I'm a part of that journey as well.
Speaker 2: But that's why I said, that's why when you look at these great you look at them a home, you look at Brady and you see the heroics on Sunday. Do you know actually how much time they put in during the week with film, study and practice. People don't understand. You think they just like show up and just listen. They mostly they make it look so exactly, But do you know how many hours that you have to study to know okay, in this down and distance, in this area of the field and this uh uh time of the game, this is what defense didn't like to run and you gotta just split that. I entertained it. It's got to be its NonStop computer and and that's why I got like, it's like when I got done, people like you ain't go out go out to do what do you understand the mental thing, the mental grind that I was on for the last two and a half hours, I don't really want to talk. I don't want to do anything. I just want to go home and relax. I'm fried. I got blitz I got blitzed, I got a block, I got a check. I gotta make sure everybody knows what they need to do. Got my responsibility. Man, it's a and that's that's only a tenth of what a quarterback has to know. Ye, you understand what Patrick mahone? What what is on Patrick mahomes Blake or Brady or or or or a Peyton mannic is y'all don't even want to know how many hours Peyton spend studying tape and watch it. But it's over the monotony of it. So guys, hopefully I offered some clarifications because this was not a Oh Shannon thinks this, Shannon thinks that. And there are a lot of people, and Ashley's DM said, man share to talk about their adults. There are big girls, older girls feet, young ladies that like Taylor Swift. But I think you're missing the point of what I'm trying to say. What NFL is trying to do. Peacocks streaming only NFL Wild Card game drove a record two point eight million sign ups that makes the Chiefs Dolphins game the single biggest subscriber acquisition, and the event has ever measured two point eight million times basically five million dollars a year. I mean a month. That's five dollars a month. Excuse me, that's fourteen million dollars worth of additional revenue. So that's what you know what it is. Next, another question we have, when can Mahomes be in the Gold conversation? I help you have the conversation. Yes, we can have a conversation right now. He's already in it right now.
Speaker 3: Yes. And the fact that he's able to be in the God conversation so fast six years into.
Speaker 2: His career, nobody's ever been in this fans.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, you can't argue it now.
Speaker 1: The closest to him, if I'm not mistaken, would be would be similar to maybe to Brady a little bit.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, yeah. If you look at it, Brady through their first six years, first seven years, Brady had three Super Bowls. He has two. Brady had no regular season MVPs. He had two. Brady had two Super Bowl MVPs. Mahomes had two. But he's seventy touchdowns and over seven thousand almost seven thousand passing yards ahead of what Brady was at the same point in time in their careers. So think about that now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy. So basically what's gonna happen is.
Speaker 2: He's one more playoff game. He's one more playoff game ahead of what Brady was at the same point, one playoff win.
Speaker 1: So he's a two times Super Bowl champ, two time NFB champ, two time All Pro. Obviously, he's been to the Pro Bowl every year. He's been a starter every year. Well, baky, every year he's been in the league. He's fourteen fourteen and three in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: That's all. Oh, jo, I don't say another word. That's the exact same record. Peyton Manning has fourteen career playoff wins. Yeah, in eighteen years. Yeah, that's Katy Mahomes and sixth seasons at starting has fourteen playoff wins.
Speaker 1: So is it a testament for Peyden and the work he put in in the studying and showing how difficult the sport is, and based on circumstance and the team he was with, does Patrick Mahomes have somewhat an advantage or is he just that much better and greater at the quarterback position because he's having so much success early.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we've had a quarterback that had all the twos that Patrick Mahomes has, that can throw the ball seventy yards, he can change arm, angles, his legs. I don't know if we've seen a quarterback as talented as Patrick Mahomes and.
Speaker 3: Hold on basically, he could throw it his left He can throw it his left hand too.
Speaker 2: Well, you saw him, you saw it. He's actually done it his left hand too. He's actually done it. And so when you look at it, and that's the thing, when you look at what he's done, because he's not what we call he was a game manager the second half because he and Andy Reid decided. Andy said, you look at the way Andy called the game the first half, and you look at the way he called the game the second half. He realized, with the way his defense was playing and what he saw from the Baltimore's offense, if we don't put this ball in harms way, I don't believe they can drive the ball eighty ninety yards and beat us, because let's not give them a short feel go ahead.
Speaker 1: He had made any adjustments offensively, I saw what you said earlier on ESPN. I think you were saying that the coach's coach and the players play yes at some point. Sometimes the coaches have to take advantage of the situations and understanding what you're doing and not working, and you got to make the minor adjustments to change things up up I was arguing the fact that last night, God damn Spags.
Speaker 3: You keep on blitzing, You keep on blitzing, you keep on blitzing.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're blitten to make you're blistening to make Lamar uncomfortable, Well, it ain't on Lamar to change what he's doing because he has to run with the players that are called this is.
Speaker 3: The chess match. Game of football is nothing but a chess match.
Speaker 1: And between the coordinators, I need you to make the best moves you can with the pieces you had to work with. So if you're constantly doing the same thing and you know Spags is blissing all the time, whatever the percentage of blissing might have been in.
Speaker 3: The first half, it was a lot.
Speaker 1: They tailed off of it towards the end of the game because listen, at this point, nothing's gonna do, and they got away from what they do best with the Ravens do best. They got away from it. Yes, the ball, even if it's working, you keep on doing that. I think the fact that they got behind the eight ball a little bit, They got behind the eight ball a little bit, and the defense, the raven defense did their job in the second half. The judgment that needed to be made offensively were to me, I don't think they were made the right way because they didn't score any points right when the defense shut the Chiefs out in the second half. Right now, But of course some of the blame does go on Lamar, But I think also from a coordinating standpoint, that just need to be made so you can change some of the things you're doing so you can run the ball and pass it efficiently.
Speaker 2: Oh schoe a lot of times. Where was the last time the Ravens had been behind in the game? Oh okay, So now how do I respond, because oh yo, I've always dictated, I've never been in the situation. I haven't been in behind the game. Maybe the Rams game maybe was the last game they had been because they I'm not talking about the last game. I think they lost the last game, but that was because Lamar didn't play I'm saying, where was the last game the Ravens lost, because when you look at it, when you look at it, they hadn't been behind in a very long time. Right, Yeah, but they saw Lamarrow, they saw their starter. They lost to the Browns Lamar played. Oh that was the DeShawn game? Yeah, well what week was?
Speaker 3: That was?
Speaker 2: How long goes that? Because DeShawn got hurt like week five or week six.
Speaker 3: That must that must have been the beginning of season nine.
Speaker 2: It's at least eight weeks. Ask you over there, counting on her fingers and toes and stuff. It was week ten, So the Ravens hadn't been behind in a very long time. And the likelihood everybody is afraid to blitz Lamar because they're afraid of him jumping out the window and taking off. Fag said, I'm gonna blitch you, but I'm blessing to contain you because I still feel your legs more than I fear your arm. And that's not that's not a knock. I mean some people, Lamar, I mean, excuse me, Patrick Mahomes. People fear Patrick Mahomes's arm much more than they fear his legs. But he can't go you remember in the Super Bowl last year when he took off against Philly. We saw him yesterday, We saw him a couple of times against Buffalo last week. He can run, but his legs don't put the fear in you that his arms does. Lamar arm doesn't put the fear in him that his legs does. Its fact says, I'm blissening to keep your ass in the pocket because and if you beat me from the pocket, you throw for three plus three touchdowns. I can live with that. I can live with they guys, he got me today, but I refuse to let you run for one hundred plus right, that's I mean gonna happen.
Speaker 3: You know what I do like.
Speaker 1: What I do like is I like the improvement that Lamar has shown that I want to be.
Speaker 3: A pocket passer first though, from the pocket.
Speaker 1: So you saw him a few times where obviously the route combinations that they were running it wasn't working. And the coverage that the players of spagg of calling were good. But he was sitting there patting the ball three four seconds. But that that clock, that clock on that that strip fumble, Your clock gotta go off, you gotta go off second two, second three.
Speaker 3: You got to get up out of there. You got to get up out.
Speaker 1: There and stop waiting, stop waiting for something to come open, because at that.
Speaker 3: Point, at that point is dead.
Speaker 2: And so that's that's what I'm talking about. But Mahomes is already in the m v P conversation, got conversation because nobody has been as successful through the first three years, whining in his totality. Where you look at regular season MVPs, super Bowl MVPs, uh the five thousand. He has two five thousand yard passing season. He's led the league in passing touchdown twice. Nobody can say they had this type of career through their first first seven years. And it's and so he's been he's been in the league seven years, but he's only been six years as a starter, same as Brady. Brady didn't start his first year, which was two thousand and so that's what that's the comparison. And people say what Brady got, we're talking about through the first seven years, Brady didn't have. Even if you if Patrick Mahomes started every year and they won the Super Bowl, he'd have the same number of super Bowl as Tom Brady. So come on, people, Yeah, y'all just say anything to try to get your point across. If you notice, we're comparing through the first seven years of their career. If if Win Peyton, when Patrick Mahomes is done, then we can look back through the totality. But he's already in the Gold conversation based on what he's been able to accomplish so soon.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying he's to go.
Speaker 2: I refuse to bestow that upon him currently, but he's ahead of where Brady was, who became the go at the same point in time. That's what we're saying.
Speaker 1: Right so, right now, Mahomes is he completed sixty seven percent of his passes YO six hundred and twenty six passes. He has four thy one hundred and eight two passing yard, thirty a tds, just seven interceptions. The damn quarterback rating is one hundred one oh six point three quarterback rating in the go conversation where you're talking about quarterbacks, Where is he ranked right now based on the always the Mannings, the Brady Peyton manning, the Aaron Rodgers. Where where is he slated to you? For you he's been able to do so far?
Speaker 2: It's a very very short list I mean he's for me. He's already top five. So basically it's Brady Montana him and and for me and Mahomes. So that's who's fighting it out. And that's not a knock on Johnny Uniteds. That's not a jock on Otto Graham, bar Star. They've been some other great quarterback. But if you look at where this kid is currently and what he's been able to accomplish, how do you say he's not my Rushmore? Right now?
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 2: Aaron Rodgers could really have a compelling case. It's layoffs record wasn't so.
Speaker 1: Bad, right, but he does he does have a Super Bowl? Does that count for anything?
Speaker 2: He has one super Bowl and a Super Bowl MVP with four regular season MVP.
Speaker 3: MVPs, that's not enough.
Speaker 2: I mean he had Patrick Mahomes this past him as far as playoff is right, it may have been in. I mean Patrick Mahomes has been in the league half of half the time. Yeah, yeah, let's not make it seem like Aaron Rodgers. They had some studs because he had he was throwing to Jordan Nelson, he was throwing James Donald.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has some boys. He had some yea, he had some boy yeah, yes, some boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But he had Aaron Jones, he had Eddie Lacy running the ball. Let's not pretend like he didn't have quality wide receivers.
Speaker 1: I have another question for you. Now, this is a great topic. Chat y'all stayed tick chat, stay with me. So, Brady Belichick, we understood the maturation and relationships that they had, and that we never knew who was responsible for the greatness of the New England Patriots, whether it was Bill or what was Tom. But we saw once Tom left, we saw what happened. So what happens if you separate Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes and Andy?
Speaker 3: Is it Andy Reid? Or is it Patrick Mahomes?
Speaker 1: Is it just or is it a similar relationship similar to Bill, Bill and Tom? Or is this completely different?
Speaker 2: Andy Reid was in Philly? How long was Andy in Philly? Fourteen years? He went to one Super Bowl and he lost. He's been with Patrick, He's been, he's been in the last five years. He's gone four times. Right, So you tell me.
Speaker 1: So it's a quarterback, Okay, Okay.
Speaker 3: I was curious.
Speaker 2: That's that's the guy. He he he is and I'm not. Look and they work. They work well together. And I think I think the thing for those two guys, none of those guys wants to see I can win without you. And that's what kind of happened started happening in New England because one of the guys started. And I think for the most part, the media's done a great job not trying to say, well who gets more credit? Kind of like what they did they started to do with coach Belichick and Coach Brady. Coach Belichick, Coach Belichick and Brady. They started like, well, well, who's most responsible for this dynasty? Who? And they started to hear it, and Coach Belichick said, well, of course I am, and Tom says, but it's I'm the one that's throwing the football. I'm the one that's out there doing it. And uh and all of a sudden, well, I want to show you. I want to show you because see what happened with Joe and Coach Walsh.
Speaker 3: When Coach Walsh retired, Joe.
Speaker 2: Went to another Super Bowl and won and won Super Bowl MVP M So we had really never seen super Bowl winning quarterbacks and the head coach split like Tam Bradshawk out of that case because coach coach no still coached after Terry lemm But for the most part, it wasn't And and but when we look at when we look at coach Belichick and Tom, I don't I and me I was. I was the one. And I think he deserves some credit because he did a lot of He drafted the player, he did everything. But at the end of the day, those guys Tom Brady gotta make He's got to pull that trigger every single time. And what Tom could do better than anybody currently is that he could. He could he understood the situation. He understood early on in the game, I'm gonna be on a shootout. I gotta go, I gotta do this. Oh man, this game gonna be nipping to up. I can't turn it over. So I'm gonna force you to make a mistake. That's what he could do better than anybody. And you see Patrick Mahome, and you see Andy Reid. Andy got just like, oh no, no, no, we're gonna pull hey, hey, I'm gonna hold his horse back, but I'm gonna sit up on you. I'm gonna sit up on you, and I'm gonna hold these raids. Let them make the mistake. See and that's what they were, that's what they were able to do. And so Aaron Rodgers is a eleven and ten in his playoff career. Patrick Holmes is fourteen and three.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, that's crazy. Fourteen that's crazy. Okay, one more hypothetical. Let's say you take Patrick Mahomes out and you put Aaron Rodgers in the same position, with the same offense, with the same players.
Speaker 3: Is he fourteen and three?
Speaker 2: No, because I believe he had situations where he had just comparable players mistakes, right, I don't.
Speaker 1: The fact that Patrick mahomes decision making with the ball in his hands is that much better.
Speaker 2: We're okay, okay, yes, all right, and we guys stop. Oh Tom Brady. So if you're saying Tom Brady is to go because he beat Patrick Mahoons in the playoffs, So what's Nick Foles? He beat Tom Brady and Super Bowl? Is he to go? Eli Manning beat Tom Brady and Super Bowl? Is he to go? Joe Flacco beat Tom Brady and the Mcmpionship Game? Is he the goal? So I'm just trying to figure he beat him twice, He beat him in the wildcard Game's rookie year and he beat him, and he beat him in the AFC Championship game. So if if that's what we're basing it on, if one player beats said player in a game a head to head, that makes him the better player, that makes him go. So about that logic, Nick Foles is to go, Elion's to go, A Joe Flacco's to go?
Speaker 1: I think is this body of Reid resume, body of work, body work, the totality of your body of work.
Speaker 2: Brady did not lose the name quarterback nick, So Nick Foles is the name quarterback, right, So that's what y'all saying. The guy been all over the place. Remember he was in Kansas City. He thought about retiring before he ended up going back to Philly. He was in Kansas City, he was at the Rams. Look at what How would he look at Chicago? How did he look in Jacksonville? Remember he got that big payday from Jacksonville. How did Nick Foles look in Jacksonville after he had did what he did to the Patriots? Went head to head with Tom Brady and didn't blink? How the Nick Foles look? So that means he's the go because he beat Tom Brady in the biggest state. Eli Manning, he the goal. He beat Tom Brady twice, so he got to be the goal. If that's what we're basically on y'all in the chat. You're saying, because Brady beat beat Patrick Mahomes in the AMC Championship Game and the Super Bowl, therefore he's to go. What is Eli Manning? That's two in no head to head in Super Bowls against Tom Brady? What's Nick Poles? Now you see how flailed your argument is. You know it's more than that, because it's regular season, it's MVP's regular season, it's all pro, it's Pro Bowls, it's Super Bowl, it's MVPs. It's a lot of things. Passing touchdown, let the league in passing touchdown, led the league in passing yards. It's a lot of things that go into this. It's just not wins. It's a resume. It's a body of work. Right now, for Tom Brad has the greatest body of work. But to say that tarp that. But Patrick Mahomes and it doesn't mean that he's gonna he's gonna catch him or surpass him, but he's ahead of what Brady was at the same point in time in their careers. That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's there's a chance he can't catch him. Yes, And the chance he can't catch him, how it's possible keep you keep that unit together. Look, think, look, think about what the Patriots did all the time. The pieces to the puzzle with the Patriots changed every year, whether it be offensively, whether it be defensively. Different receivers came in, different running backs came in, but there was one centerpiece that always remained in place, and that was twelve. So the same thing could happen over there in Kansas City as well. Manipulate the money, manipulate the cap, move some move some of my homes stuff into a signing bonus, and you'll always be able to continue to be able to build around him always, which means you will always be in contention, come hell of high water, as long as that centerpiece is always in place.
Speaker 2: And let that sink in. They took away the most the last two years. They took away the most dangerous receiver in the NFL, and Patrick Mahons won an MVP and got the back to back Super Bowls. Now you tell me that's not greatness. Let that sink in. Ladies and gentlemen. So if I took Jamar Chase away from Joe Burrow for two years, who do your best? If I took CD away from that for two years? Hell, that can't get to the Super Bowl with CD. So that that's a flawed argument. Who can I go Harby? Who can we go with Ojoe? Who can we go with? I'm talking?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: So if I take away, if I take away whoever we think the best wide receiver com a quarterback duo, and I took them away for two years, what's the likelihood that you believe they could win an MVP and get the back to back Super Bowls?
Speaker 3: Wait, it isn't that that that put that?
Speaker 2: I don't people realized what happened. He lost Tyree Tyreek had is the first player in the NFL history to go back to back seventeen hundred yard receiving seasons. There's a great chance Tyreek Hill he could possibly win the Offensive Player of the Year. I think it's probably gonna go to Christian McCaffrey. But I'm just saying back to back seventeen hundred yard receiving seasons. Patrick Mahomes lost that won an MVP of Super Bowl MVP and going to back to back Super Bowls. Now, you tell me what they did, because y'all, he had Tyreek. He had Tyreek when he hadn't had Tyreek for two years, and he's back in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Bluddy good man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's it. That's the same thing I said about Brady. Do you understand that Brady went to and see this is why we said about Joe. Do y'all realize Joe went the two Super Bowls and won two Super Bowls for a jazz set foot in sant France. People realize that, yes, Joe Montana won two Super Bowls and was two Super Bowl MVP before he before Jerry set foot in sam fran Tom Brady won three Super Bowls before Gronk set foot in New England.
Speaker 3: Boy, it's good man.
Speaker 2: Don't I don't devalue any quarterback based on what they got. Jared was great, Jerry took Joe to another level. Joe took Jerry to another level. Brady was great, Gronk took him to another level. Yes, Tyreek was unbelievable. But and to go up conversation, now you do realize Travis Kelsey tied Jared Rice for the most one hundred yard playoff games in NFL history. He passed Jared Rice yesterday for the most catches in playoff history history. Yeah, okay, I don't know where. I think he's close behind Jerry and touchdown catches. So he plays big and big moments. He plays great in the regular season, all these thousand catch seasons. Y'all make it seem like I said, Gronk the bomb, but based on what based on a nephew's body of work, Yeah, that's y'all. Make it seem like it's out of the realm of possibility. Y'all. Make it seem like I said, Oh, I'm the god over grown na. Travis Kelsey got a compelling case and for me, based on what he's done and how long he's done it, in the consistency, you to vote for me. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's hard to argue.
Speaker 1: It's hard to art, it's hard to arget the numbers, it's hard to argue the resume, it's hard to argue the body of work because it's right down in front of you. So when you have a compelling case and you and you're looking at the facts, I mean, what is that to say, because then if anybody wants to argue the fact, then it goes down to based on preference, and he just eliminate the numbers. Well, I like this individual player better based on whether it be style of play or catching or whatever it may be. Maybe it's your favorite team, but they will come up with something to move the gold posts to argue the fact regards to what the resume or the body of work says.
Speaker 2: Right, will Lamar be able to win a Super Bowl in Baltimore? What says Chad Ojo Finko Johnson? Uh?
Speaker 3: You know how difficult it is? I mean, let's start. Let's start there.
Speaker 1: As great as Lamar is, do you understand how difficult it is to get back?
Speaker 2: You know, I understand that.
Speaker 1: Hell I was yeah, yeah, And listen, I'm talking shit about how difficult it is. And I ain't been to no AFC Championship or a super Bowl outside of playing Madden, but I still understand and know the game and how difficult it.
Speaker 3: Is for teams to get back.
Speaker 1: And we've been spoiled with Mahomes, We've been spoiled with Brady and thinking that well that's the standard, and it's probably as possible to do it over and over because look, they did it, and it ain't it ain't like that.
Speaker 3: It ain't like that.
Speaker 1: That's why situations like looking at Dan Campbell in the Lions not being in that position in what thirty thirty two, thirty thirty plays year.
Speaker 3: Yep, it's very difficult, and to.
Speaker 1: Get back it's gonna be two times as hard because now you got a target on your back.
Speaker 3: Now people have film study on you. They're ready for what you did and.
Speaker 2: You got and you have the number one schedule because you won your division.
Speaker 3: Bingo, so now you get the hardest schedule of that. It's very difficult.
Speaker 1: But Lamar again, and I will say it, for what he's been able to do in the regular season, he is so dynamic. The opportunities will all impresent himself and he will always have his team in contention to be one in the playoffs, one contending for a SC championship. But they have another team out over there in the AFC, know that they're gonna have to deal with a man.
Speaker 3: Y'all, y'all gonna.
Speaker 2: Get about Lamar. You gotta worry about you gotta worry about Lamar.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no no, no, no, no, no, no, no no no. Number nine, Nomber nine over there, number eight, Nomber nine over there in Cincinnati from the boot.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying about, yooisty eight Lamar from the bottom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from the bottom, Yeah, from the I'm talking about him. Listen, because the healthy Joe Burrow.
Speaker 3: Listen. Let's not ignore what he's doing. He's also in a very short amount of time now he when has changed.
Speaker 1: An entire organization like this with the stip of a finger, when click its heels three times?
Speaker 2: When has a healthy Joe beating a healthy Lamar?
Speaker 1: You know what, I don't have the numbers in front of me. I don't they had the game in front of me.
Speaker 3: You ain't.
Speaker 2: You ain't gonna be they ain't gonna be there.
Speaker 3: We'll see what happened in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: He got it. We already got the money on it. All I mun say is old Joe. You know what is a better family? How much you bet? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what, Joe. So you're gonna be out of thousand. I can tell you that. I'll tell you what I bet your bottom dollar on that you're gonna get a thousand.
Speaker 2: You know what I want you to do. I want you to save my money. Let's go ahead and put the money up, because I'm a firm believer. Firm believer. O Joe, money out of money, out of sight, cause a fight. Put the money on. Let me see it.
Speaker 3: I ain't gonna call no fight.
Speaker 1: Listen, you ain't gonna call no fight because I jump on you like a spider monkey.
Speaker 3: This ain't what you want because you know what. Huh.
Speaker 2: You know I'm good I'm good for.
Speaker 3: You know I'm good for because my word is all I got.
Speaker 2: You have a shot, You have a shot pool for money?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what you do? Put the money out, take the money out, put the money on the table. We took the money up under the wood, or we put we put it on on on the Everybody know that that ever shot shot money for shop pool for money rolled down. The money gotta be out, gotta be out. Money out of fight, calls a fight. Okay, I'm I'm gonna pull it. I'm gonna pull out the bank. All right, I'm gonna pull out the bank.
Speaker 1: But you're gonna lose the fact, the fact that you even want to bet against Joe Burrow and Jamal chasing t Higgins and Tyler Board and the boys.
Speaker 2: You bet I better gets Lamar, You better gets Lamar, and they flowers and lively and likely excuse me, likely and will be back healthy Bateman?
Speaker 3: All right? All right?
Speaker 2: And where was the heel? Although they yesterday?
Speaker 3: You're talking real spicy boy, you're talking real spy. All right?
Speaker 2: They won that division?
Speaker 3: Who wanted to do before that? And the only reason, the only and the only reason we lost this year and the only reason we lost to the this year because Joe Burrow was hurt. They always hurt, he always hurt. Its first year, what happened? Second year? What happened? Will he take us year? What happened.
Speaker 2: This year?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 1: Okay, a little, a little small, little, small, little set back. Injuries are part of the game.
Speaker 2: Well we got that, we got that, We got you cover, We got you cover. We'll deal with you.
Speaker 3: We're gonna deal Listen. I'm never wrong when it comes to picking games.
Speaker 1: Listen, this year I went I probably went seventeen to know when it came to picking games, picking the team to win.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, well you pick you picked Baltimore yesterday, So you wrong with that one? So you seventeen and one. I know at least. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Actually, just to be honest, I'm seventeen to two, seventeen to two because I picked the lines of win two.
Speaker 2: Uh you said, oh okay, oh man no, but but look I didn't that chime in. I think he can. People may it seem like Lamar's lead your fourteen. The man's only your six or seven. Yeah, so damn yeah, yeah, I think it's his fifth year starting your six. Good, Lamar's fifth year starting because he came in a year after Lamar. I mean I had uh eighteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had to play. He had to play one behind Joe Flacco, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, then Flaco got hurt, remember flac O got hurt, and then they put him in. He end up taking him to the playoffs. They lost in the first right they watched in the wildcard game. Yeah, two other charges at the time they were in San Diego. But yes, I do believe he can get it. He can get there if it's tough. See, Brady and Mahomes had spoiled it for everybody because they think everybody just go on the first year, go oh bow here we come. It doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: Nah, it takes.
Speaker 2: It takes uh, it takes some time, Ojo. And sometimes I mean we saw it go through with Peyton. Hell, he always lost bad three times I told and I'm talking about they gave them. Game wasn't close. He lost fifty five ten, forty two ten. Yeah, he was getting the doors blown off. But he got there. I mean he got there. What eighty three was his first draft. He got there in eighty six, got there getting eighty seven, and got there getting eighty nine. So he went to the Super Bowl like three times in his first seven years, lost them all, lost them bad. Yeah, and then it was another seven years before he got back. What boat back to back? But man, it's not it's not easy getting getting to the Super Bowl and winning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gonna, he's gonna. He's going to get back. Maybe not to Zo Bowl, but come, hell of high water. Every time, the every time Lamar touches the field, they have a chance they would be in contingent for it with championship. Every time. The fact is, you know what's coming. This is this is what to me what tells the greatness of a player. And you know what you get. You watch film on him, you know what's coming and you still can't stop it. You know what he does, well, you know what he's gonna do, and you still can't stop it. So when you have a player of that caliber that can make things happen, not with just his legs now Sewan, you can do it with his arm as well, You'll always.
Speaker 3: Have a chance with somebody that's special.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I believe he can. Uh. Dan Campbell says he doesn't regret going for it twice.
Speaker 1: Stand on it. You gotta stand on it. You gotta stand on it. You can't listen, you gotta stand on it. Dan came in one way. He came in.
Speaker 3: One type of way.
Speaker 1: He came in talking shit talk about biting thee Caps, and he's been riding that wave and staying true to who he is and his players like it. And you don't get to the biggest game of your career, health and the Lions organization and all of a sudden change who you've been since they won. Would you have liked him to change? Yes, the chance of it happening, probably not.
Speaker 2: But up seventeen, shouldn't you change something?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, See, yeah, you're not behind in the game, and you're not only up seven Yeah, you're up, you're up by two scores. Why not push it the three scores? And I get, you know, that's who we are. But at some point in time, I'm gonna make make them beat us. I'm not gonna let the crowd get back into the game if we go forward on fourth and you're gonna stop because now they go down, they get points, um and what was a seventeen point game is now seven point game. And now you've got eighty five to back into the game. You let them back into the game. And so I get, you know, this is who we Atlanta. I get who you are, But you don't think you want to run the ball? Some How do the team that's behind twenty eight three run the ball more of the second half than the team that's up twenty eight three? That's what That's all I'm saying, O Joe. So how does a team that led the league in rushing and your best rusher only has two more carries than Patrick Mahomes and as a team, you have fewer carries that isaea Pacheco has by himself. That's all, Oh Joe, But I think this, I think we've all regretted something and our pride wouldn't let us say that publicly, But when we alone in ourselves, when we're not innermost thoughts, Man, I could do that.
Speaker 3: You think you think, you think he feels he should have changed like thoes for down.
Speaker 2: Oh yo seventh, Oh Joe, you had a seventeen point lead and you are half away from going to the super Bowl and you ain't got no regrets.
Speaker 3: Right none. Listen the you know what got him here?
Speaker 1: You know what got the line to this point, that same type of aggressive play calling. Well, how many games say that same that same belief in as players that they're gonna get the job done when their numbers called.
Speaker 2: To ask your question, when they were how many games were they up seventeen and played that style?
Speaker 3: It's time with you when you're right.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing, Oh Joe, Look when you're right, I mean, oh Jo, you could do things. Here's the thing, Oh Joe, you did things differently when you were Chad Johnson coming up than you do right now than you're Oh joke, you can't be the same, nahm. Adaptability is the greatest key to.
Speaker 1: Survival based on circumstance, Yes, sir so, because.
Speaker 2: I've always done it like this, I'm gonna continue to do it like this. That is a foolish way of.
Speaker 1: Thinking thinking, right, Yeah, I mean I think I think it's hard to change though it's hard.
Speaker 3: It's hard.
Speaker 1: It's hard for it's hard for a zebra to change his stripes because he's in a different set of in a different surrounding, in a different setting.
Speaker 2: You know, a.
Speaker 1: Zebra's always going to hold his stripe no matter where he's at.
Speaker 2: Right. Uh, Rock Party is Rock Party, elite.
Speaker 3: Rock Party is a good quarterback.
Speaker 1: I asked you, Rock Purty is a good quarterback surrounded by immense talent across the board, Elite nod. Why would they get mad? They should get back. Maybe it's the delivery in what you say it. Maybe it's the delivery in what you said I mean elite Rock Purty is that Rock Purtty is a good quarterback who is surrounded by immense talent. I love Rock and what we saw from Rock the other night. What we haven't seen is Rock play against adversity in the biggest moments. You don't fold, you don't throw interception, you don't turn the ball over, you make all the throws.
Speaker 3: Not only that I saw Rock take off with the ball and run. I ain't seen him do that all year. I ain't see it all do all year. But I saw when they played the Ravens and you have to play from behind. I saw interceptions even though they're and the tip balls. That's all exceptions.
Speaker 1: And there was just no way in hell you gonna come back in the game, but to comeback against the Lions and do it down seventeen and the onus is on Rock, party is on, the onus is on thirteen. We got to put the we got to put the game in your hands. I haven't seen him do what we saw him do the other night enough for him to be in an elite conversation.
Speaker 3: He did it in that moment.
Speaker 2: It exceptions me, well okay, but not elite. People don't say, well, he wouldn't very good very good quarterback, though, very good quarterback based on the situation and what they asked him to do. So let me ask you a question, yes by their if if if Rock Purtty with the Super Bowl makes him elite, Trent Dilfer was elite because he because you want to with us, oh yes, about the bucks I'm talk about with y'all, with us Joe Flacco was elite. I mean, if that's if that, if that's your argument.
Speaker 3: Elite, elite is elader is a different category. Man. We talk about currently planning to day. What is it? Maybe two quarterbacks elite? Yes? Do people understand what elite is?
Speaker 2: No, they think if you have a couple of good games, you're elite.
Speaker 3: Consistency ended period of period of time. Oh, receivers.
Speaker 2: The chance said, if if Mahomes lose the Super Bowl, he's not elite. You see, that's why why don't like talking with fans. Don't say anything. They will prefer to say anything. So, now, if Mahomes lose the super Bowl, he's not elite. So we're gonna take a guy that's won two League MVP, two Super Bowl MVP, to five thousand yard passing season, two times first team All Pro. He loses super Bowl, now he's not elite. See y'all were talking to and I try to have a conversation. And I like having conversation with the fans because I try to offer insight into the mind of a professional athlete. And I'd like to think I was pretty good at what I did. I try to take you inside the huddle, I try to take you inside the locker room. But when y'all say stuff like this, how do you expect me to take you serious? You really want to talk serious football.
Speaker 3: Maybe they arguing just to argue.
Speaker 1: Maybe they arguing just argue just to engage and just create a topic and just just just just create dialogue. That makes no sense, o Jo, how much about Let's talk about elite receivers.
Speaker 3: What makes an elite receiver?
Speaker 2: You gotta do it over period of time.
Speaker 1: Listen, one, you come in. Year one, Oh, you surprise everybody. They don't respect you. They gonna they're gonna play you one on one. They gonna let's see what you got. Year two, you come back. Okay, your body at work is on camera. Now we know it's coming. Let's see if you can do it again. Year three, the defensive play calls when you break the huddle as a receiver is lined up based on where you are.
Speaker 3: Now we know it's coming, and you still getting off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the body of work, even in year three, when most receivers arriving to the own, you're still doing it.
Speaker 3: The consistency and doing it year in, year out.
Speaker 1: Even when they know it's coming, put you in the elite conversation as a receiver, same thing with a quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but here's the thing, Oh, Joe Eli won two Super Bowls and nobody ever considered the ME League. I'm just being I'm just speaking fact. I'm just speaking honestly. He won two Super Bowls, he beat Tom Brady, the gold quarterback in the biggest game, and nobody ever considered the ME League.
Speaker 3: Right, is Eli manning a game manager?
Speaker 2: No? Hell no, okay, I mean, I mean he had he had Tiki Barbara Tick Barbara ran the hell out of the football. TK led the league in rushing. I think he had a couple of sixteen hundred yard rush season. Tiki was really good. People might not like.
Speaker 3: Tiki holding holding the damn ball way up.
Speaker 2: Here when he because he had a fumbling problem. The problem. Yeah yeah, uh, I just like I said, I just I think for me, I just have I just have a different standard. And maybe maybe my standard, which I drudge players are a little harsh, and I think it maybe is because excuse me, I've been around great players, I've been around elite quarterbacks, and so what I think elite is may be too stringent for what the fans that watch right, and I get it. Your guy. You always want to think if I'm a forty nine Ers playing fan, Hell yeah, I thank you. Elite, Okay, that's my favor that's my quarterback.
Speaker 3: You got to get the fandom out of it, and you got to stop thinking with emotion.
Speaker 1: Let's think of logic and understanding the game of football and understanding who is elite and who's not. He's in a great situation and he's a very good quarterback based on what they ask of.
Speaker 3: Him to do. Right.
Speaker 1: Let's say you take Rock Purdy out of there, you take and you put Rock on another team, right, what does he look like?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: See, I think Mahome could go to any of the other thirty one teams or the thirty.
Speaker 2: If Kansas City had Patrick Maholme, they might not lose a game. They had Patrick mahold quarter.
Speaker 3: That ain't fucking fail. That ain't fail, because.
Speaker 1: That that ain't no, that ain't no different than the seventy seventy three or nine Warriors. That that ain't fail. Listen, I'm not a basketball fan. I'm just using that analogy because the team was very good. Because listen, there are certain quarterbacks you put that can overcome not having great talent around them. I think Patrick Mahomee could go on any other team and make them great. I think Joe Burrow is also one of those players that can do the same. I think the Jackson can also do that and go on other teams and make the an overcome the lack of talent around them.
Speaker 3: Some can, some can't.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, I don't know if you saw this. Justin Tucker down plays the pregame moment between him track his Keuntry and Kevin Travis Kelcey and Patrick Mahomes. Tucking was stretching taking some kicks in the same area which Mahomes was going through a free game routine. In response, Kelsey grabbed Tucker's helmet. Talk talk spot Yeah, chuckle made it clear, Didy think it was a big endything of the situation was a big deal. Just thought it was some gamesmanship, all the fun, but it seemed to be taking a little more to hear you, Tug. You know how this go. You can kick anywhere you want to, but when the opposing team takes the feeling that end zone, you got to move it along.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And the main fact that Patrick Mahomes. Oh, Joe, I don't know how it was with you, but all the coaches don't put your helmet on the field because the quarterback dropping and somebody step in it. A half Russia comes by, Yeah, step in that helmet. Yeah boy, so he had his hammet. Patrick Mahomes is taking steps, bro. You got to move it along.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he was on the wrong end of the field anyway.
Speaker 2: Like, kickers get out there extremely early and they kick at both ends because they're gonna be kicking on both ends. Particularly, so you want to see you know, you started like twenty five yards and you started pat and you move back in five yard inc different angles the middle of the field. You go to the half beat fast. But when the opposing team comes and they go to one end of the field, you've got to move it along, by the way. Yeah, it ain't no, it ain't no more gamesmanship. It's gotta get your get out of the way.
Speaker 1: Like little mind game, Love Little mind games from the greatest kick of all time, Little mind Game.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 1: I remember my my favorite my favorite thing is when we used to play the Steelers, or we used to play the Ravens. Me and Joey porter or he meet up at the fifty talking trash like we're fin the fight, butn't one't fingna hit nobody just sitting there argus me, Me and me and Ray you know we do that that that little meat up at the fifty right, say hello, say a little prayer real quick. Then I get the talking trash and sugs talking trash at bar Scott, bothering it, bothering everybody, and.
Speaker 2: The thing and the thing is O Joe is like, well like when you warming up in the pre game, everybody's basically kind of like at like the forty at the forty five. So hey, you got your area? You not hey man, y'all you look. Ain't nobody intimidate nobody. Don't come over here with that foolishness now. Yeah, yeah, cause we about we about to do this for a hour. All that talking that you just said last week the game, all that I talked about, all that woof'd running around the field, Yeah, it's on the day, man, stop, ain't nothing on y'all. They're gonna do nothing, you know, y'all. Sorry, you know you sorry, Yeah nothing today, Sharpe, you ain't gonna get nothing today. I said, I bet I'll leave here on more catchers than I came in this game with. I bet you that I might not be nothing.
Speaker 3: Hey listen, Joey Porty used to come out there, man, have your shirt rolled all the way up here, ab showing like look like he oiled up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, oh many.
Speaker 1: There used to be some good days, man, that there used to be some good day I missed. That's that's the kind of stuff I missed. People always ask you miss playing football, Like, nah, I don't miss it.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I miss I miss the camaraderie, and I missed the trash talk, and I missed the stuff in pregame. I missed the annex, you know, the the just picking with the opposing players, aggravating them. They be pissed, cussing me out, and I'm screaming listen, I love you.
Speaker 3: They want me to fuss back. I'm man. I missed the days, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't. I wasn't no big gamesmanship. I got to my area and I got ready to I got I got you know, I'm in my fan. It ain't all about that, Josh.
Speaker 3: You know, move boy, you you ain't. You ain't talk before game.
Speaker 2: I talked. Look, if I don't talk during the week, we could talk. I mean, I'm good. You know they come oh Jo, you know how everybody come out. They got this leave rolled up, they got this box rolled down. Yeah they look it. Yeah. They ain't not happening the day. Get you here happening to day. You already know what it is. You come to the min high man. You know you're about to catch your all. Stop dad, y'all. Not that you not that either? Why you talking the better player?
Speaker 3: Not even talking? You on special team?
Speaker 2: What the hell you're talking for? Right right? Right?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Keep on talking. I bet you find your name on the waiver wild Monday. Not keep talking. Oh anyway, I could keep talking. Don't hit it with on the waver my first thing Monday morning.
Speaker 3: I don't never go that load. I go load.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you when they go low. I go to the basement. And if they come to me, I go to hell. I'm gonna go Lord. And what you go, oh beg not not you know what I'm saying. Not on you know, not on TV. I gotta you know, keep it the blood, you know, where anything go anything? Definitely definitely and we talk. We're gonna talk crazy. We're gonna talk crazy out there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the funny thing about it, the more you say, and it's I'm nice to do. You know, I'm giving you bulletin board material on Wednesday Media Day. I'm gonna talk. I'm gonna talk me today. So I got to be ready come Sunday. Yes, or they trying they trying to knock my head off, because they did all that talking and all that wolf and and I'm ready for that.
Speaker 3: I understood. I put I put the pressure.
Speaker 1: I put the owner so on myself because it forced me to play at the high level, even though it was fun and.
Speaker 3: It was entertaining. I put the work in. I put the work in through the week, and I understood what the end goal was.
Speaker 2: Right, And I ain't got no problem if you could a clean shot, take it with all that chief shot, you know, you got somebody got your back. And then they come and try to hit you in the back.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah they got Yeah, I remember we played the Falcons. We played the Falcons.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh yeah, they hit me after the play.
Speaker 1: I think the coach might have told him, just hit him after the place, just to get him rattled a little bit he did.
Speaker 3: Him after play getting rattled. Ain't any any rattle me A.
Speaker 1: So that's how we're playing, my young I'm not physically imposing anyway.
Speaker 3: I ain't physically imposing. Oh that's how we're playing. Okay, bet, I'm gonna get you back. I'm physically imposed. I'm gonna get your hands back. I'm gonna get your teammates that listen. My, my, my, my imposing. My imposement was my feet, that's all. I had my feet in my mouth. So I'm gonna get you that way.
Speaker 2: See, we played the old school black in high school. If you hurt when I gots or we went out of our way to hurt one of yours. Oh we're gonna get you, like really hurt, hurt, hurt. Oh man, I be my sophomore year we played Johnson County. That's Hirsha Walker the high school man. I ran. I remember the play just like yesterday. It was forty one crossbuck man. Man. I hit the whole, dude, clip me man the whole.
Speaker 3: I hit you running back.
Speaker 2: I was playing running back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was a.
Speaker 2: Running back about yeah, it's bout side on ye Oh it was a I was like eighty yeah, eighty three. God damn yeah, man, dude, cliped me Ojoe, Yeah, my knee. Luther Mayner with the other running back man. Luther said, Man, what number was it? I said School? We called him school. I said, Man, I don't know, Lou. I think it was number two. Lucy, I got it. Put him by the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you had a crack bag.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know. I don't know what he did. If I they put me, they put me in the let's jump me to the hospital.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But when I saw when I saw him on on Monday, right, he said, hey, he said Sharp, I got him. I put his hands out of the game. I said, good looking out. Oh yeah in the game. Oh, somebody get something cheap man? Who did it? That was what I need to know. Who did it? I'm gonna get him, or I'm gonna get his teammate. That was that's some cheap you know what Sharp pay for it? Yeah, Yo got started it. Oh, Joe. All I need to know how we doing this today? We're going snap to the whistle or we're going snap the half of the whistle. I just need to know because I'm ready for anything. Yeah, because that's how we're gonna do it. You cheap shot me. You think I'm gonna let you cheap shot me, so then you can tell hey, man, you can cheap shot shop man. He oh no, that's never gonna happen like that.
Speaker 1: May you remember remember when people used to pits Hines ward Off?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, man, man, hey he got he got Creek Keith Rivers. That's the rude. That's why. Yeah broken y'all Yeah, read too, yeah yeah yeah, oh oh.
Speaker 3: All all that smiling he ain't playing man, ain't mean nothing.
Speaker 2: No man, No, look, I just wanted to talk half some FuG catch my touchdown, celebrate my teammates. But y'all nothing to come here. Thank y'all. Won't forget about on the Broncos that was gonna happen. No know where y'a where y'all where y'all think. Now y'all can do that at Rokwan Smith without his presser last night, saying you get to say whatever you want when you win. Donovan Smith trolled him from the chief's locker room, saying, look at this sad ass talking all that. He gonna cry O Joe, you know how it is. You know what happens to the Victor Gold and spoils. I get to say whatever I want to say for a year. It ain't nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 3: Yep, not until September ninth.
Speaker 2: Ain't know you can do about that because we put y'all out the playoff. We go to the super Bowl. Because I remember, we beat the Packers in the Super Bowl and then played them in the regular season. And they ain't talking about we're gonna get but get back what bro we got rings on our finger. Y'all ain't getting nothing back.
Speaker 3: In for a preseason game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was the third preseason game, O Joe, So you know we're gonna play at least three.
Speaker 3: Quarters quarters yep. Especially yet be the ass again.
Speaker 2: Let him know the first time wasn't the fluke y'all wanted to take it there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: One thing about the Ravens. Every player handled their lost with grace. Yeah, every every player handled and lost with grace.
Speaker 3: Nobody made no excuses the mistakes that certain players made. They took accountability for it, and they handled that lost with grace.
Speaker 2: Every last you win some, you lose some. They played better, They played better than us that day, and you move on. That's what. That's what. That's what football. That's why people love football so much, because it's the suddenness in which it can all be over. And I don't care how you could be fourteen and three, you could be fifteen and two, you could be eighteen and oh and the Blake going nine sixty minutes is.
Speaker 3: Over depending on how you play that day. That's all.
Speaker 2: That's all that matters, what your record is. Yeah, Oh, Joe, I don't know. I don't know who side you own on this, but I don't know if you heard it, Nicki. Nicki Minaj releases Bigfoot amid the Few Few with Meghan the Stallion and hold Up check this out Out Joe Is the rap girls at each Other Throw. Nicki Minaj release Bigfoot today said the Internet of Blade. Bigfoot is a disk track in retaliation the meg the Stallions Reach It released release uh single title Hiss Who Side You On? Who Side Them On? Yeah? Who You Got?
Speaker 3: Nicki Minaj is one of the greatest female lyricists of all time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of all of all time.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm there there other there are other artists that are that are good, you know lyrically that I like listen to I like listening to all of them.
Speaker 3: I support everybody.
Speaker 1: Now as far as this battle goes, Nicki Minaj is the Queen of Rap if I'm not mistaken, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's what that's what the title.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 1: Basically, we've been talking about We've been talking about football for a while.
Speaker 3: We talk about body of work and and and elite. Nicki Minaj is in that.
Speaker 1: In that category of having the body of work, having the resume to be the queen of rap.
Speaker 3: If I'm not mistaken, correct, Yeah, you know, so.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm I'm not and I'm not on the side. I think what they're doing maybe going through maybe there might be some stuff I wouldn't touch on as far as when it comes to thising, but thising is a part of rap.
Speaker 3: It's always been a part of rap. It's not new. And now we have two of.
Speaker 1: One of the greatest artists of all time going at it with one of the new upcoming artists that.
Speaker 3: Is also good. And what she does, I think it's great for the game of rap. I think it is.
Speaker 2: I know what started. I thought that was cool.
Speaker 3: Yet now you know, when it comes to women, now you never know what started.
Speaker 2: You'd be real.
Speaker 3: Listen, girls go on a trip as friends, it'd be six and when they come back, nobody friends no more, and you never know what's going on.
Speaker 2: About about a dude. See guy, I mean maybe, I mean I I've been on trips. I ain't I ain't about to lose no friends here about no female. Okay, we see at the same time, first come, first served, you beat me to it, you get the digits, you do what you do.
Speaker 3: I ain't mad at you.
Speaker 2: Females seem to be get upset about guys and and and and fall out, and I'm not saying that's the case here. Like I said, I needed I need more of the backdrop because I think I thought NICKI was on Megan's song, was on a track with me.
Speaker 3: I've seen him do it, any of you together. I've seen him. It might have been on Live Together a long time ago. Obviously, you know my kids, my kids, uh, my daughters love all the rap girls. So that's that's they helped me.
Speaker 1: They keep me abreast on what's going on and what new songs are coming out. So one thing I do I always I support every artist. I'm gonna listen to it. I'm gonna stream it, I'm gonna buy it, you know, I'm gonna listen to it. And I'm not sure at what point this when went south. I saw some of the insuls going back and forth on Twitter. Obviously Nikki has the barbs and Meghan the Stallion has her fans, and I think sometimes when.
Speaker 2: Megan the Hot Girls right, because Megan, Megan, Megan had the hot girl summer, Oh yeah yeah, I think I mean Nigga got barbed, Megan got Hot Girl summer. You know, just goes way back because actually it was for me. I think LL and coom O D right, oh yeah, yeah yeah, LLL and yeah yeah yeah. They were going back and forth. Uh and then you know obviously Ether with a nod that was it was that cannabis and l L was going at it. Remy mar had the hardest disk for a female. That's what ice Q.
Speaker 3: No bacoline novacline. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I heard c on the on the thing the other day said he had no basoline too ready to go. But they didn't come back and say he had that thing loaded boy with. Remy Mark came for I think she came for Nikki.
Speaker 3: That was the go listen you can. Nikki is a lyrical genius. He's a lyrical genius.
Speaker 1: And again, like I said, her resume and her body work speech for himself and when it comes to this and I like when they keep it on, when they keep it musically, Yeah, in the street, no beast, if we go, if we're gonna go at it, let's go at it.
Speaker 3: What will we do best rapping?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Uh, I don't know what what you think the best distract.
Speaker 3: Is no ether ether Ether was was phenomenal, was phenomenal. Yeah, either was phenomenal.
Speaker 1: And obviously there have been some other good ones about the history of rapp in general, but that goddamn ether man.
Speaker 3: And oh I forgot about Dupac Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I thought you came. Hey that that might be a god, that might that might be.
Speaker 2: The greatest you came to be a player?
Speaker 3: But yeah, hey, that might be the greatest line of any disc track. Ever, how do you come back from that? Like, think, think about it, how do you come back from that? If somebody say, how do you come back from that?
Speaker 1: Like you're talking about what, Yeah, how do you say? Yeah, man, you hit my who my wife? Okay, it's it's up And stuck. Now it's up and stuck.
Speaker 3: But listen, listen. I like Nikki, I like Meg. I support both of them. I like I like what both of them have done. I kind of like this.
Speaker 2: I mean, I had listened all the way through, I had listened to but what I heard Meg like that.
Speaker 3: No, no, Nigga, I like Nigga.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not that big. I'm don't listen to rap. Like I once did you know I can win? And I said, okay, let's see what.
Speaker 3: Let me see what you're I think it's good for the game. You know what you're putting down.
Speaker 1: I think it's good for the game. I think it's good for the rap game. I think it's good.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm not a connoisseur of rap, but listen, as long as it stays at the pin, keep it at the pin. If you keep it at the pin, and you keep going back and forth, let's go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, push your t with push your t K for Drake over Drake, push your meek Millan. Drake wasn't me meek Millan. Drake went an attitude right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we don't have some good ones, and just keep it at the pin.
Speaker 3: Though, As long as it says at the pen.
Speaker 1: It doesn't go outside of that, outside of your respective craft.
Speaker 3: Let you let your pin do your work for you. That's that's the battle. We won't.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what, O Joe. We got to give a congratulations to uh Jess hilarious. She's the new co host of the Breakfast Club and Charlemagne to God. Congratulations to her.
Speaker 3: Congratulations Jess, y'all, bring y'all, bring me on.
Speaker 2: Man. Look here, I'll tell you what I didn't look. I know you's a comedian and that's just funny. Now, yeah, I didn't laughing matter though, I ain't know you was like that? What a body like like hey body YadA YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA, YadA YadA, body on body on how to dude say racks on, racks on rack. But she got body on body on body.
Speaker 3: It's hilarious. What ain't nothing funny about that? Boy? I ain't know that. Wait, I take that. I'm with you, uh man, hold on, don't get me in trouble now, I ain't. I ain't. I ain't he about geting my damn in trouble. You I ain't looking, man, I did not know a man. I ain't no, I did not know.
Speaker 2: I just let me see, you know, because I had a country wayne on. You know they were they were dating, right. I said, Wait a minute, I said maybe somebody. I said, hey, maybe somebody photoshop that said let me go. So you know, I got two phone. I pull up different site.
Speaker 3: Down. Wait, she like she like that. No, I don't g bullship man.
Speaker 2: I'm like some to like like, hey like Kyrie dribbling to basketballs.
Speaker 3: Yeah I know that. I ain't know that. But let me let me get off this topic now. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. I do only know why.
Speaker 3: Listen, we we could talk. We can talk this. I ain't trying to stay on it too long because you know, I don't like the dog house.
Speaker 2: Hey, I better have to call him. You know what I'm saying. They said, the rightet house. They told me I ain't going back to the drug store no more. I was saying, I had the thing, come right, get the house and the post man. You better open my mail LEAs.
Speaker 1: I like, I like where you're going with this though, you know, stay with me now, just just single for you.
Speaker 2: Uh, that's nothing I don't know. I don't, Like I said, Joe, I didn't know anything, honestly. Yeah, I'm gonna be up prior to like she was on the Breakfast Club, I didn't. I didn't know. I heard that she was on cam News Pard, So I really, man, you know, I'm so I'm so deep into what.
Speaker 3: I got going on right right right.
Speaker 2: Right, chance to see what's going on with anybody else.
Speaker 1: Listen, baby, stay with me now, because this might be a good thing. This might be a good thing because you know, she caught your eye. She caught she caught your eye. So you know I can I can do my due diligence on my end.
Speaker 3: And are we good, O Joe?
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm just you know what, No, no, no, no, I like look, I'll give I'll give people.
Speaker 3: The problems right right right right right for me.
Speaker 2: Hey, I think I think I think she's she's a curvy woman.
Speaker 3: That's what I like to Now, don't be scared, now, come on, you know ain't nobody never scared? Yeah, yeah, I'm about she bouted about it. I'm bout about it. We vout about it. Oh you you ain't just hit the master, Piet?
Speaker 2: Did you go y'allbot we vout about hein't everybody be bouted by the mad Jess. I know you're gonna see this, Jess, y'all not clipping in the chat because you know y'all notorious for that. Y'all quick the clip something and put it up.
Speaker 1: Man, little little Yeah, it's a good thing, though. It's a good thing. It's it's good to get somebody flowers. You know, when you appreciate something you see, it's it's okay, it's okay to show love.
Speaker 3: It's okay. But you know, I'm gonna I'm gonna take it where you really want to go. Since you ain't gonna go there, I hook you up?
Speaker 1: Now what happened? I'm ok no, No, I'm good. Yeah, yeah, you say you're good, but I could. I can read through all that now.
Speaker 3: I read through. Yeah, I read through all that. Hook it up? Bad o't Joe Man? You got your buy bro? Man, I know, I unders, I know, I know. We're on the public platform. We got people watching. You don't really want you know, you want people in your bentis but a I got you, I got you.
Speaker 2: Oh te A Los Angeles woman clings to a speeding getaway car after her French bulldog was stolen stolen. There's a wild video that shows a woman moments that a woman clung to the hood of a driving car in downtown Los Angeles after thieves snatched her friend's bulldog, Alie's. The carriers was sitting outside the Whole Foods when she was approached by a woman who took her dog name Onyx Ran and got into a car being driven by another person. The Carriers chased the woman, jumping onto the hood of a car, white four door KEYL Fortepe. As they fled the area, I was like, I'm not letting go of this car, so I just held onto the windshield wiper. Before I knew it, we were driving down the block, taking enough speed and I was freaking out for my freaking out for my life. Suddenly she was able to hold on to the front of the hood into the driver's word and she fell off at ninth Street and Grand Avenue. She's not seriously injured, but honestly still missing. I did the same thing. I don't play about my dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, listen, that's that's instinct. That's instinct, the same the same as kids. I think the value in which we bestole in our children is somewhat the same as when it comes to our dogs. That I'm not a dog oner now but I always was. Obviously, I told you to deal with the pain of losing another animal. Again, I can't hurt, but instinct kicks in automatically. You don't think straight if anything happens, you just react. So I understand the sentiments on why she deal she did. But again, I'm thinking about your life, mama. Yeah, I'm thinking about I'm thinking about your life.
Speaker 3: You don't know about it.
Speaker 2: Just like that lady. Just like that lady ran out of the house and pushed that bear that was trying to get a dog. Yeah, you don't even think that's just instinct, right, you're trying to get you trying to hurt the dog. I'm gone. Yeah, I've seen like other countries that, uh, this man where we talked about on the show, I think it was a what was it a rock python, But anyway, he had gotten the house and had the cat. That man got up to the Yeah. Yeah. Many people say anybody people hurt you by their dog. Man. Yeah, they have people that like that's a pet. It's really not. They don't look at the dogs like a dog. It's a pet, and it's almost like a child. Because studies show that when people lose an animal, they grieve it that they lost a loved one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, same, exact same, And that's why I can't have another dog.
Speaker 3: I refuse. I refused.
Speaker 1: You had me crying early early episodes, when we first started. You had me literally sitting here crying just hearing the story about your dog. So if I'm crying about a dog that I didn't even own, and all you do is telling the story about losing them, imagine how I felt when I lost mind when I was growing up.
Speaker 2: You remember, uh, who is that? Uh, Lady Gaga? Somebody kidnapped assisted dog walker and took like three French two or three French, but two they shot that. They shot the dog walker and took her two French bulldog.
Speaker 3: Wait she got those dogs back there, I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, because it was an inside job. The lady that brought him back for the reward was the part of the the crew that kidnapped the dog. Dumb dumb.
Speaker 3: Trying to get the money. Trying to get the money that.
Speaker 2: Should have been a dumb dumb of the of a week the day of war. But yeah, but I I'm not surprised the lady reacted like you did. That's why I don't really take my I used to take my dog when I had the big dog in the car with them, because ain't nobody gonna approach the car with the big dog. Now I don't have the big Yeah, I leave I leave them. I leave them at home because the ain't no sense. I'm not gonna entie someone to break my windows and take the dog, even though I don't have Frenchies. And that seems to be the number one theft small dogs. But Frenches are the number one because people are playing up with a twenty twenty five thousand dollars for those dogs.
Speaker 1: And listen, man, I still don't see. I don't see how y'all do it. Yeah, I don't see how they do it. I understand the importance of dogs. I'm not sure what warrants them to be such a high price, you know, but that's that's.
Speaker 3: Everybody has their thing. I have that. I have nothing against it.
Speaker 1: You just know, how hand when it comes to spinning, especially have normal amounts of money like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you wouldn't, You wouldn't fit. What's the most you spend for a dog? Me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, listen, I'm not even to see handlie. I bought my my daughter, my older she might be watching. I bought her a Yorkie years ago. Uh, from a homeboy.
Speaker 3: We called it.
Speaker 1: We called him Boo boo. I boy bought a Yorkie. I don't know where he stole it from. I got her two hundred. Yeah, I got it for two hundred. God damn that dog problem me out? Huh now heat a dog problem me out? He bark a lot. Look look, not not a minister, not a not a teacup Yorkie, just you know, regular side. Yeah, yeah, for two hundred, I wasn't paying who. Man, You know I got people. I got boosts all that, especially during the holiday. If you need something, let me know. I got people. Hook you up now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. A man robbed the bank for one dollar to intentionally be arrested to receive free medical care in prison. A North Carolina man named jans Veron fifty nine, lost both of his jobs and his healthy shirt. Baron went to his neighborhood bank and gave the cashier note requesting one dollar. I'll be sitting right over there in the chair waiting for the police. He informed her, and he carried out his word. He later came clean about robbing the bank in order to receive free medical care while in prison. Baron has been receiving medical care while in jail since his arrest. He was disappointed to hear that he would only spend twelve months in prison because he had hoped to get a three year sentence, in which would give him more time to heal from his illness.
Speaker 3: That's bad, O Joe. That's very bad.
Speaker 2: That's bad. That's sad.
Speaker 3: That's very bad, and that's very sad. Who's responsible for that government?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know, O Joe. If he if he's I just hire him. If you served in the military, you should never ever have to worry about medical or getting a job. Whatever you come back, whatever you're qualified to do, you're gonna get a job. Somebody gonna give you a job. We're gonna make sure that because if you gonna put your life on the line line, domestically or foreign, you deserve. That's what we as citizens of America and the government. That's the least we could do for the service that you provided this country.
Speaker 1: But listen, our health care system is ridiculous. It's ridiculous, and it's been that way for a very long time. It's been this way for a very long time. The fact that someone would rather risk their freedom in understanding that I can get the help and the work that I need and the medicine I need inside incarcerated. So I'd rather go to jail just so I can get what I need right to get back healthy. And then you're mad you only in jail for twelve months, but you prefer three years because you know you can get the health care that you need.
Speaker 3: Come on that. That's the system. The system is messed up for somebody to want to do that.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh Joe, you look state. I don't know. There was an American There was an American Airlines flight. Yeah that it was delayed or diverted. It was delayed so the passenger could be removed because of excessive flatulence. I told you you.
Speaker 3: Were passing gas, yes, and they had to get.
Speaker 2: Him up off there. And you think, I'm gon let somebody do.
Speaker 3: That in my house.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but that's that's that's that's different though your bathroom and no stay.
Speaker 2: There a lot of candle, go over the toilet a lot of and flush let it so they go down and lot of candle. Don't you wear your no Surrey?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is it, that's real.
Speaker 1: Yes, How can someone pass gas that much on a flight where they have to take the person off the goddamn flight?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like what did you eat? What's in your what's in your body?
Speaker 2: They said, now you got to get up off here.
Speaker 3: Bro, that's that's crazy when you even think about it. But you got you got to you got to get past that.
Speaker 2: That. I ain't gonna do it.
Speaker 3: Life.
Speaker 1: If you have a partner, you can't have your partner stomach hurting because she's scared to pass gas around you.
Speaker 3: You can't do that.
Speaker 2: Well have my stomach hurt and smell of it? So well, I guess theyd one person can have a stomach ache. It ain't gonna be me.
Speaker 3: One thing about it. When you in love, When you're in love, when you're in love, all the things and rules you have you they go out the door.
Speaker 2: No, they don't.
Speaker 3: I get I I know who you listen.
Speaker 2: You bust tell of my house? You going out the window was gonna Happenin't gonna do that? Wna get hey, I will get your get your coat, get your person, and said, okay, you can be you can be excused.
Speaker 1: And I know I know who you want to know who you Needn't do.
Speaker 3: That, I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying. I'm just saying. I mean she might be the one. She's funny too, you know, you know, I know you're like comedians.
Speaker 2: Oh I like buddy, I like for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, just yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah, just funny too, now that you go.
Speaker 2: Man, got no no, I'm just looking at you. You got a boy friend, and look at you as you got a boyfriend. She got a boy actually am I? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Ess probably watching just I know you watch you ain't got no dude, yes.
Speaker 2: Got you probably watching what I'm man? Who?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 2: What a name is? Who a man?
Speaker 3: Who a man is?
Speaker 2: Tell me what's his name? Ash As looking up right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah see if if it ain't pop up like that, No, that that ain't him. It shouldn't take that long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and plugs cuntry way with on my podcast.
Speaker 3: What that means?
Speaker 1: I can't back though? That man ain't back though country. He moved on with his life. He got somebody new, he got somebody new. Listen, no mission blessing, don't mission blessing. Now, worry about work, worry about what happened in the past. Don't nobody care about the past.
Speaker 3: Nobody came about the past.
Speaker 1: Es is available And if if Ash is still looking for a name, you are available, available. I'm gonna make I'm gonna make sure I hook it up. Jess, I know you're gonna see this kind of shy. I'm kind of shadow.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get were gonna we're gonna work with him.
Speaker 2: You can't find his name? What is it? What is it?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 2: Forbody in the chat? No? Who in the chat? Not? I know, y'all know everything chat they don't know. Oh they talk about be nasty available.
Speaker 3: Scared of that way? Hey, listen, can you swim yea backstroke all day?
Speaker 1: I ain't ready for that, boy. You ain't ready for that. You're gonna need now.
Speaker 3: You need some scooba giar, you need some scooba gift from this nasty boy. Hey, that's a whole different level, youear me. Huh, that's a different level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Ain't ain't You ain't ready for that, boy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm I'm, I'm I getting I.
Speaker 2: Just wait till the dive show. I got this school suit, you do. I got a school suit and a snorkel.
Speaker 3: Okay, I read it. Hey that by you ain't ready for that what I do, what I do, And you ain't ready for that till you got a school and suit and a snorkel.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't need no, you don't need no snorkel. But you better get ready to deep dive. You better dive snorkel. Yeah, I pre dive. I can pree dive up about about a hundred e I a hund of you like that? Yeah, yeah, that's what they what That's what they told me.
Speaker 3: They they told me he was like that too when you were young.
Speaker 2: Down I already got the rest of heart beat about fifty fifty fifty two beats some minute. Slow that thing down to the to the faulties.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, but use a use a professional.
Speaker 2: Gosh, how thought you know he's a professional. Oh you know that.
Speaker 3: Hey, they already know what you boys coming to that room, and I do that right now. It's all. It's all okay, don't forget that diamond then.
Speaker 2: From sea tabs see them seat tabs here they stay in your system three days. But but you.
Speaker 3: Now you know all of it, You know all of the stuff. The sea tab three days. I think they's been c I a feel like sea tab. Let me let me hold Let me write that down real quick. Hold on.
Speaker 2: Oh see chap and where I get see tabs at? Oh? Yeah, she d she dat now Aaron Johnson an entrepreneur. Entrepreneur who entrepreneur?
Speaker 3: She day now entrepreneur. Yep, man, we'll beat We'll beat that. We'll beat that. We'll beat him up, man, We'll beat him up always. Oh joe, them sea tabs, they yell tell me where to get him? Where give him at drugstoke or call hymns. Wait, y'all need y'all need to promote. Y'all need to sponsor me and O joe we do add reason everything. How much they cost?
Speaker 2: I don't know how much they cost.
Speaker 3: I ain't chat how much? How much chat? How much is sea tab?
Speaker 2: You can get that? You want the real wather? You want the generic because they cause they're gonna try to they're gonna try.
Speaker 1: To give you the generics. Right, how much the genis a little cheaper. But they gin to say do the same thing, right, she said, Hey, oh.
Speaker 2: She say you could take that sea. You could take the sea tam five milligram once a day. I don't know, but I heard that's what you could do. I'll read that on the internet. You do not go on the internet. You say.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you're talking from experience. I don't got no.
Speaker 2: Experience on you. But I just said you could take five daily, and so it's in your system.
Speaker 3: Okay, how much? I just I need a price.
Speaker 2: Uh. And the thing is, oh, so you eat all you want to it, don't have no because a lot of times you know, and just but see what you what you could do? I heard what you could do is take you a little baby asprom with it. If in your blood even shoot right to the top. Hm.
Speaker 3: Well you sound like you sound like a professor.
Speaker 2: There you are, you are you're born street farm. But said, you know how dibble and dabble if you work.
Speaker 3: You know, I laughed, cooking it up right right right. In order to know the stuff you talk about, you have to actually take it so you can be able to explain how it works.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, I heard you know. I be in the chat the chats be talking about it.
Speaker 3: Right right, Well, how the chat ain't told me how much it costs yet? How about it? Call?
Speaker 2: Oh I think somebody said, uh like for geniaris forty five.
Speaker 1: Forty five, forty five dollars, ain't bad. I could work with that, ain't bad.
Speaker 2: And that five you know they got five, they got five, ten and twenty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, five millimeters. That's all I need.
Speaker 2: That's the daily. You take that daily. But that old big boy, that on big boy that we want to drive that hammer. Yeah, you want to be thorn when you want to be thorn? Fortnight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it hit that thing in the earth shape. You know what I'm gonna way to Valentine's.
Speaker 2: Right, Hey you hey, you put that? Hey you put that twenty milligram. Valentine's a turn in the sat Patrick. That's how low the last of yourself?
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, when I'm done, she's gonna be greeny.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: Hey, you get up like old on going the clauses, looking up on the bed in here.
Speaker 2: Help you do all that? Baby? It's just me. It just me.
Speaker 3: Ain't nobody help that?
Speaker 2: Just me? It got to be who are three of y'all over here?
Speaker 3: Do it?
Speaker 2: Because I ain't no way, no one man did that, not for no hour.
Speaker 1: Thirty your god, damn, I don't cut it, huh.
Speaker 3: Iur went thirty.
Speaker 2: I told you, old Joe, I went thirty. Then you put that twenty. Get that back, get that ass in your sister with that twitty. Yeah, but you do the ice fact to bring him down. You know, you feel you have swelling in your anger. You have a spring day, right right right right, hey, you would put that ice fact on him.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I ain't never done like that. I ain't.
Speaker 1: I ain't never done that. Listen, listen, I would I twenty minutes. I give you twenty minutes and two minute intervals with a break in between.
Speaker 3: That's it I give you. I give you twenty minutes and two minute intervals at ninety miles an hour. He git twenty minute intervals. Listen, ninety miles an hour in a car day, run into a wall, it does damage. Yeah, yeah, twenty minutes too many intervals at ninety miles an hour.
Speaker 1: That's all I got for you. That's that's that's all I got for you. All that extra ship, I ain't got none to prove. I'm fifty six, I'm trying to get in. I'm trying to get.
Speaker 2: Out, O Joe. I'm a sniper. I got one bullet.
Speaker 3: Yes, miss, that's it. Yeah, yeah, I don't miss. I don't miss either. You see how many kids I got Yeah, yeah, yeah, shh yeah, but I went a minute. The more the more them yellow, them them seat tails.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna do my homework on the sea tab now if I can get him little chiea.
Speaker 2: Like I said that five milligrams you could take them daily, that would have heard you can't. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna work on it. I'm gonna work on it. Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But you got on the plane. That man knew his stumble was hurt. He got on the plane dropping him like that. At least I hope it.
Speaker 1: You know, you know, you know happen to him either a something he ain't had no business eating and didn't realize it was gonna have that type of effect on the stomach and got them got them bow movement, got them bows moving on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the fact that it was that bad where they have to remove you from a plane, let you know, it.
Speaker 3: Was how embarrassing?
Speaker 2: Must that be?
Speaker 1: Very very very because do you know some of the person sitting next to him had the snitch next to him, had the snitch.
Speaker 2: Man, I say, get your man, o jo. Now that you say that, ojo, man, I got so mad. I mean I laughed, but I was mad. Man, you know, I called him. I called it and I got had a takeout. So the guy was sitting at the bar and I walk up after what I spelled something right, look at me? Was that you or me? I said? I say, moo, it was you? He told about I thought so, but I wasn't you.
Speaker 3: I say, bad, your naught? How you a grown man?
Speaker 2: Yes, he gonna look at me talking about what that me or you? I say, man, that was you? He said. I thought so, but I wasn't sure. Man, that's something that's that's not sure. My little kids do that, man, My little kids be doing that. Man, ain't no grown man doing that playing like that. Come on that he tripping? Man, And on the elevator. Now you know you can't do it on the elevator, because just show up. You do that on the elevator, the elevator gonna stop on the next floor. Who You're gonna blame it on? You? On you on the elevator by yourself.
Speaker 3: And that's that smell, you know that smell. Linger.
Speaker 1: Now, they ain't gonna stay for a little bit by two or three.
Speaker 2: The thing I mean, that thing be having Michael Jordan hang time for I think up there for at least five six seconds here. Man, they be playing too man, Man, people play too much in public. I don't play like that, right, right, you're right, you're right. Jaylen Dorris is saying, Oh, it's my twenty third birthday, December bad, thirtieth. My girlfriend got me tickets to take NBA All Star Game. We planned the big trip because I'm from Georgia too. Man, I've been on them diamond sets, oh choe, also using my whip us using my whiped premium chair. But I add the sprinkles, y'all, y'all do.
Speaker 3: Hey them sprinkles. That's a nice touch. I just don't like the sprinkle because you get caught, get caught in between the teeth and then mess up and mess up the rhythm of we youre trying to get to.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, let me ask you that if that's something that you do at a hotel, because you're not finna mess up my thing. With that bull dye, the whipped cream and the chocolate and all that kind of.
Speaker 3: I ain't even I ain't even tell you the baby oil.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 3: No, you go to target. You go to target.
Speaker 1: You buy a shower curtain, Buy a small You ain't got to get a big shower curtain.
Speaker 3: Get a shower curtain. Lead over the bed, lead over the take the boy the baby oil. Put the baby oil all over the shower curtain.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, you feel me, Yeah, I feel I'm feeling what you're putting down.
Speaker 3: What I do.
Speaker 1: I take towels and I put towels around the edge of the shower curtain so it can't seep onto the bed, onto the mattress, because I got I got a good comfort.
Speaker 3: I can't. I ain't wasting my money and buy the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I got a twelve sheets. Go ahead, go ahead, you know, talk about boom. After that boom, I get my old lady.
Speaker 3: Take all that ship off, baby oil everywhere you get to work, slipping, slipping, slide, you feel, Yeah, whipped cream boom, been that over whipped cream cherry, you know, and you know you feel I got I like to have shoes on. I like traction. Yeah, yeah, you. No, no, you can't. You can't have no tracking. Now you don't even know shoes on for this.
Speaker 2: You know, I got a slave baby, I got a slave bandy. You know I like to have a slavord.
Speaker 3: I need right, okay.
Speaker 2: I beat you know, I be like yeah right right right.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah block right, yeah, okay, I behave.
Speaker 2: You'm saying you need you need leverage, Yes, you need that. What I'm talking about, Ojo, That's what I'm talking right right right right.
Speaker 1: Well, see the way the way I was blessed from the man upstairs, the leverage wasn't really a part of my repertoire. I'm able to work from all types of angles and all all types of different different circumferences.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't even I'm that don't even make no sense. But you see what you see what I'm putting down?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just pick it up.
Speaker 3: Now, That's that's all I need. Just so you know, when you put them in the swing, shot you put them? Yeah that yeah, can't nobody ain't nobody. I'm with you when you're right, when you're right. Hey, I don't world, why shot man? O't yo, that's nothing wrong with you, O Joe.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm just telling you my life stories and my life experiences.
Speaker 3: It worked for me. It don't work for everybody, but it worked for me.
Speaker 2: AV Lab Studios, Vic Elee, Warren Moon, and Leegue Marino Elee only one Super Bowl appearance among them, Marino League MVP five thousand yards in the eighties, where that's unheard of. Nobody else even came close to that. Fifty forty eight touchdowns passing. Look at this body of work. Look at Marino, look at Moon. How many Pro Bowls? Marino? How many Pro Bowls? How many times did they lead the team to the playoffs. There's more into it, see y'all just look at Okay, super Bowl, But that's not the only measure. You can still be great and not win the Yeah, but we're talking about great tests. That est is what separates great tiss. You can be great in a sport without winning a championship. But I believe for you to be in the discussion est. Now. Look, I mean, many people say Baron Bonds is the greatest baseball player they ever saw because he would see one pitch a night, and he would hit it hard and generally it was going out of the park. YEP, seven MVPs batting average. I mean he was sitting three sixty I think towards the end of his career. To each his own, I mean, people say, you know there was enhancements that were involved, But I think Barry Bonds was a Hall of Famer before he even stepped foot because three MVPs and Pittsburgh the silver Sluggers the gold Gloves. But that's another story. We'll talk about that later. Dan Boyn said, why do people claim the league is rigged? It's just upset sports better than fans of losing teams. Are there any actual arguments in favor of the league being rigged? No, like you said that people, there's there's people. Oh Taylor Swift showed up. Oh the league, Kansas City getting all the calls.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Can't rig that. Can't rig it. This's impossible. It's too many. It's too many, too many moving parts for it to be rigged. Exactly, too many moving parts.
Speaker 2: So all in the soul. Top three football players I've ever seen o choe the game getting their all craft without reproach as a maniac, Tom Brady, ray Lewis is sha sharp. These three did not cheat the game in preparation, execution of sacrifice.
Speaker 3: Whoa, whoa, O choe the hell?
Speaker 2: Oh shoe you already said, that's not what you did. Because you didn't eat the way you were supposed to. That's a part of it. What you didn't eat the way you're supposed to, that's a part of us.
Speaker 3: No rules of saying you have to eat certain things.
Speaker 2: Ain't no rules to saying you got to you gotta train either. Ain't no rules. But I okay, I ain't right, No you didn't. Well, I'm in the list anyway. I'm putting myself in there.
Speaker 3: All of this.
Speaker 2: So al thank you so much. Look, I've been around. Look I can just imagine because I know what it takes to reach a certain level of greatness. Greatness, when you reach the level that Tom Brady's reached, I understand you have to go above and beyond, and so I have the utmost respect. I was around Ray earning his career, offered him a little advice, some insight. I take no credit for what Ray was able to do. I just told him how I thought he should train, and the approach he should take, and some of his preparation. But he was always unbelievably immense letalented. He was a sponge. He wanted to learn, he wanted to know, and so it was a privilege for me just to be around the young Ray and to see the maturation, to see when I first met him how he was, to see after I retired from the game, and to see what he had become. I felt like I definitely felt like a big brother seeing seeing my little brother grow up, and I was so proud of what he was able to become. But all in the soul, I appreciate that campaign. Thomas, my fiance, and I have an amazing relationship. Surprisingly, a major point of contention has been my lack of social skills. I grew up, I grew out of my speech impediment, but it caused me to be shot any advice. I was really never shot. I'm kind of an introvert. I don't really go a whole lot of places. I kind of like m to myself, but I don't really I get it. I get what he's saying, because early on he had a speech impediment. He didn't want people to know that he had it, so he wouldn't say anything right. And so even though he's he's out of that he's on out of that, he still feels that that that anxiety being around people and having to talk to people, and the only way that you can get out of it is to do it. You got to talk, go go somewhere. I mean, you can't be around family, because that's obviously, But when you go to events with your wife, le me excuse me, your fiance, just.
Speaker 3: Strike up a conversation, talk talk about something.
Speaker 2: That you like talking about, that you feel comfortable talking about, and then gradually branch out. Me. I feel like a walk in any room in the whole conversation. Obviously, people want to talk about sports when they see me, but you know, we talk about we talk about a lot of things when I when I when i'm when I go places or I meet people. And so I think that's the biggest thing that you have to do, is that you just have to find something that you're comfortable talking about first and then branch out from there. But congratulations to your fiance. Seems like you're the introverted, she's the the extrovert, or she's kind of outgoing and he's kind of introverted. But that works. That works for them.
Speaker 3: Like that I talked to damn much. I talked to every god damn body.
Speaker 2: That's you, doctor Frankie Bella me ask, hey, ko Joe, what is eiser asking for help or asking for forgiveness?
Speaker 3: Probably help? Probably help. I'm I'm, I'm. I'd assume I haven't been in a situation or in circumstances where I actually need to ask for help. But I think I have for help easy. Yeah, yeah, I go in the store right now.
Speaker 2: Excuse me?
Speaker 3: Can you tell me whether such and such as located?
Speaker 2: I'll be looking. I walked straight in the store. Hey, I don't even look. I go, I walk into CBS, I'll walk into Target. Can you tell me what I have such and such as?
Speaker 1: Though I think she's she's talking about help on a much grander scale than you, like, like like if I got Yeah, I know that.
Speaker 2: First of all, I'm not going to ask certain people for I'm not gonna add like I'm trying. It all depends who am I asking, my brother and my sister, because I don't trust a whole lot of people with information.
Speaker 3: I'm talking of the type of help. We have to put your pride and your ego aside. That kind of help. So whatever it may be No, people talk too much mm hmm. So then it's easy for you to ask for forgiveness. Then basically, I ain't got no problem with that. If I'm wrong, I'm saying enough to say I'm wrong. Some people, some people forget, but they never forget.
Speaker 2: No, you're not.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, some people forget, but they never forget. Now and how you how you forget? To tell you what you do? They never If they never forget, things will never be the same.
Speaker 2: Oho tell me how you forget something that's happened to you?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. You can't.
Speaker 2: You can't you move. It's just like when people asking with Shannon, how do you get over the passing of your grandmother? Because I understood, I know you close. I say, you don't get over it. You just get better at dealing with it as time passes. And so maybe if the person gets better at dealing whatever they forgave you for but they're not forgetting it. If there was infhabiit deelity, or if there was a dui, there is something where the trust was broken, you don't.
Speaker 3: Forget that, And that's a that's another tough one.
Speaker 1: The branch off of the branch off of of with when we talk about trusts, Yeah, with humans, right, And I always sit back and I think about this when I think about humans in general, human error is inevitable.
Speaker 3: Right, Human error is inevitable. So at some point, what I've what I've learned to do throughout my life, and I've gotten really good at this. I've learned to manage.
Speaker 1: My expectations with others because at times you expect you from others when they're nothing like you. When it comes to romantic relationships, when it comes to to partners that you're with, you're expecting a certain level of loyalty, of trust, and at times that trust can be broken.
Speaker 3: Because human error is inevitable, we try to, we try to achieve perfection in all that we do. But is it is it? Is it honestly possible when you think about it in hindsight?
Speaker 2: Is it really?
Speaker 1: Is it honestly possible to be perfect and for for or for a long extended period of time?
Speaker 3: Is it possible? Like, think about it, Is it possible? I'm with you and I'm never gonna fuck up ever.
Speaker 2: A day in life? You can't say never because.
Speaker 3: Logically, think about.
Speaker 2: That, Yeah, because you have to live one day at a time, because these day brings a new set of a new set up trials and circumstances, and so I don't know what tomorrow is gonna hold. All I say is, Babe, I'm gonna try to be the best I possibly can be today. Now I can't promise you tomorrow, right.
Speaker 3: I've always always thought about that. I always thought about that because I hear people tomorrow is.
Speaker 2: A mystery, yesterday's history I live in today.
Speaker 1: I always hear people talk about that, Oh trust is broken, Oh well he did this to me, or oh she did this to me. You got to learn to manage your expectations, yeah, energy expectations and understand.
Speaker 3: Human nature.
Speaker 1: Understand human nature, and human error is inevitable no matter who you are.
Speaker 2: Yes, Casey Taylor and anybody in the chat, I can use some prayers. The twenty six year old male and I recently and recently dogers have found a very uncommon mass around my pullman airy Aurey. I've smoked. I've never smoked a vape in my life. Casey, we are praying for you, We're pulling for Just know that God is with you every step of the way. And this is something. This is a small setback for a major comeback. Oh yeah, I believe in you. Stay positive and I know, I know sometimes when situation when it seems the darkest, but that's when the light is on the horizon. So Casey, myself, o Cho and this entire chat sending our thoughts and prayers and hope you. Hopefully you're better soon. Come back and tell it. Come back. We'll be looking to hear from you again and tell us everything's okay. Yes, sir, Lainey, Ray, Shannon, and Chad. What is on your personal and professional bucket list?
Speaker 3: My professional bugle list is to get on goddamn first take.
Speaker 2: My bucket listen, don't kick it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What my bucket list?
Speaker 3: You all you want to know my first take?
Speaker 2: I'm trying not to kick it. H professional bucket list? Go to Wimbledon? Ah, you're like, uh, what elseff I said I wanted to do? Uh huh, he asked him. But we could do both this summer. Let me think, Let me think what else? Wimbledon, the Olympics?
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 2: Wow, man, I might as well go see go to Monte Colo, the Monico, Monico.
Speaker 3: Monico uh f one yeah, right? Why you while you traveling like that. You need to go catch you a soccer game and experience what it's like. Even though you don't understand the game. Once you experience it, then you'll get a better understanding. And then I'll explain the game to you. You know who this is that? You know who I got on? You know this Jersey turn around one of the greatest, one of the greatest players of all time. Chat. What y'all know about this? Hey, one of the greatest of all time? Huh?
Speaker 2: Personal bucket list.
Speaker 1: My personal bucket list. I'm glad you said that. It's still the only thing I haven't done. You know, I've done some crazy stuff in my lifetime. I am going to swim with killer whales in the wild in no way or New Zealand that did that. I'm I'm, I'm I'm gonna checking that off my bucket list at some point in twenty twenty four, coming in the wild with killer whales.
Speaker 2: I gotta go to Africa.
Speaker 3: Beautiful, beautiful. You're gonna love it. You're gonna love it all right, Oh.
Speaker 2: Joe, I got a drunk a bottle of water.
Speaker 1: You gotta take over the chat all the time, Dad, listen, m Yeah, my bucket list. I want to I want to swim with killer whales in the wild.
Speaker 3: Of those of you that follow me, those that don't, I have a huge fascination with killer whales.
Speaker 1: My right the right side, from my waist to my leg to my ankle. I have killer whales tattooed all the way down.
Speaker 2: I love them.
Speaker 3: I love them, and if I.
Speaker 1: Were to go, if I were to die, God forbid, that would be a way I would want to go out. Obviously, they don't they don't attack humans in the wild. I'm you know, people are like, oh, killer whales, they're crazy.
Speaker 3: All they do is kill.
Speaker 1: But there have been no attacks in the wild, only in captivity for specific reasons.
Speaker 3: Obviously they're hell captive. You would go crazy too if you were floating around in and a small seapen that's not very deep.
Speaker 2: But that is my.
Speaker 1: My bucke list, my personal bucket list. Obviously, my professional bucket list is I want to be on first Take. I want to go on first Take, and I want a debate with UNC and Stephen A. Smith and I'd probably win. I probably win, and I'm going to have some good takes, some harsh takes, and i will be critical and analigical analytical of players like I need to be, you know, just I just got to be in the right setting. That's pretty much it. So chat, what's your professional bucket list? And what is your personal bucket list? I can see the chat, so I can see your answers. I'm listening. Okay, cool, I like that. Hold on and me look at the chat so I can answer, so I can talk to people. How you move this thing? Hey, I'm trying to get me chat up. I can't trying to see the chat.
Speaker 3: What did you man? Did you wash your hands? Of course you came back to damn fast may.
Speaker 2: I've been going twenty minutes.
Speaker 3: I can't. I can't even give my chat up so I can see what the people saying.
Speaker 2: That. Then you pull a car cock. That's what I feel my head. Oh there you go.
Speaker 3: I like that poll? Who put it that poll? Will oto be critical? On first sake? I don't have I wouldn't have no choice.
Speaker 2: No, you got a choice.
Speaker 3: You ain't here, but you do it. Let me let me let me say something. You put me on TV in that setting. Listen to me. Let me let me finish. You put me in that setting. With you and stephen A.
Speaker 1: And I got the rise of the occasion and flipped coin and B and B like on part with y'all. Or you're gonna see another side come out, you won't see another side come out. I know I play around a lot. I know I make jokes a lot. I know you know I be playing around by coming on first take. I'm not really pressing the issue. I just like the running joke of asking.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying, if the opportunity present itself, or you're gonna see who, You're gonna see a whole nonother person. You gonna see a whole another side.
Speaker 2: I see you right now.
Speaker 3: Huh. Now, I'm just telling you. I know I play around a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying I change and adapt to my surroundings, and in that in that position, I would have no choice but to be someone that we're.
Speaker 3: Not used to seeing. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Andrew Wright says, I want you sharp. Hm hmm, that's old, Angie.
Speaker 3: Hmmm. Hold lo, Angie, don't have just jump on you now.
Speaker 2: Mash ursa unking o yoke your sinners to death, but you get one meal of your choosing before death. What you eating. I ain't eat nothing. Y'all gonna kill me anyway. Whatever, I want something.
Speaker 1: I'm getting my last meal, like the green mile I want myself, I won't. I want number one extra chieving on onons coc with no ice, lightly salted fries, lightly salted fries fresh shoot, matter of fact, throwing the.
Speaker 3: Goddamn apple pie for me too. Shoot, I'm finna go anyway.
Speaker 2: You know what, ojo? Yeah, you know what I'm gonna do, Yes, sir, I'm gonna order shell fish. I'm allergic the shell fish.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna beat them.
Speaker 2: To the punch. I'm gonna kill my damnself. Now what I willa do?
Speaker 3: Got it? Hey, that's a good boy.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. That's a good one. Now you know what, O Joe.
Speaker 3: I want ribs, fries, burger. Yeah, no, yah, you're gonna eat all that? Man, you can't you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know what I want ox tails.
Speaker 3: I want some ox tails.
Speaker 2: Oh right yeah yeah right, white rice, hight rice right yeah, ox tail over some rice. I want some smother pork chops, uh smother fried.
Speaker 4: Chicken and uh too much, man, you can't eat all that? And ginger real yeah, ginger rel Yeah, that's my dream, and.
Speaker 2: I want a shot. I want two shots of La Portier.
Speaker 3: I like it. I like it, I like it. I'm waiting. I'm waiting on my I'm waiting on my.
Speaker 2: Laportier and like like the Joker said in The Batman, don't don't go with a smile. So that's me, that's what I want. Nikki Grant says, Hey, guys, like I like y'all. I was raised by my grandmother. I lost her twenty twenty two, and I've been effing up. I've been ethic up and feeling bad about it. This show and playing on y'all has helped me so much. What helped y'all code was the loss of your grandma's to know that I had her for forty three years and she never left my side, And although I know she's not here in the present form and a body, but I know spiritually and that's what I thought, and that's what was the hardest thing was to understand, Shannon, you had her for forty three years. Forty three Some people didn't get didn't get an opportunity to have a grandmother that long. But I had her for forty three years. I slept in the same bed as my grandmother for fifteen years. So for me, everything that I did in high school, I really didn't hang out on yo play. We play a game, and I'll come home cause my grandmother was long, my brother was in college, my sisterdents a dating age, and she'd be out. I'm going home to see what's going on Grandy. And even I went to Savannah State and I could come home. I didn't come home that much, but I would just come home to check on to make sure. Sometimes I come home, Granny you good, I sit around, talk to her for a hour or two, and I go back to school. And so I thought about instead of thinking about I'm not gonna have her anymore, I thought about all the times that I did have her in those forty three years. And I thought about all the time that we sought around and we talked, and you know, I was a baby, and all the time that if I was sick, she rub me and say, baby, it's gonna be okay. I thought about that, so I don't I didn't think about what I wasn't gonna have anymore. I thought about all the forty three years that I did now, and like I tell you, all the time. And my brother can tell you. I can tell you everything my grandmother, my grandfather ever said, m I hungle I. They didn't know this, but everything they said, I hungle yeah.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 2: Michelle and Daggay had a cello song that is called wasted time, and she's talking about you rarely noticed that. I hang on everything that you said. You rarely noticed me. Take a listen to a song. It's called wasted time. And my grandmother did not know. My grandfather did not know everything that they said. I was a sponge. That's how you have to be careful with how the way you talk around your kids or talk around young people, because they absorb it. They are a sponge. And I say that Michelle and dagos Cillo is talking about she's wasting time. Wanted this person to notice her. There was no wasted time with my grandmother because I knew from a very young age. I just knew how special my grandmother was, and all the smart talking I used to do, it was just like you know what. It just dawned on me one day, I think I was about ten or eleven years old. I just realized how special my grandmother was and how lucky I was. I never gave you any more problems. But how did you How did you deal with the loss of your grandmother?
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously I lost my grandmother in twenty eighteen. It was very, very diff difficult for me. Grandma raised me.
Speaker 1: A lot of my core values that I do have today, that that have been that she is instilled in me are still here.
Speaker 3: I am a product of her. Obviously, my drive, my my my willingness, and my want to be successful at any and everything that I touched.
Speaker 1: Again remembering everything that she told me. Now I can't remember some of the things verbatim, but the way I am with money, my financial consciousness and uh and not not spinning, being very being very detailed, and all that I do as well, being very detailed. Man, that was that was very difficult. Just remembering the good times. Remembering the good times one of the things that that kind of holds you. Remembering the good times.
Speaker 3: And one of the things that hold me over. But again, even with losing my grandma in twenty eighteen, losing my mom in twenty twenty one, one of the things still to this day, and I've talked to you about it before, it that it bothers me a lot. It bothers me a lot.
Speaker 1: Is to deal with with you guys all these years, deal with my mom, deal with my grandma, and for all we've been through the upside downs and for you guys to transition and to transition, and then I get I didn't even get to say goodbye to neither one. I didn't get to say goodbye to either one. And to get no sign, no nothing like anything let me know that you're okay. Just just something anything out there ordinary, because my routine in life has never changed. It's never changed. It's very simple. So if there was any type of sign or any type of inclination.
Speaker 3: That it could be you, I would know. I would see it, I would witness it.
Speaker 1: And the fact that I've got nothing, I've got nothing all these years, that that just doesn't.
Speaker 3: Sit right with me, and it makes me. It makes me question.
Speaker 1: Everything that they talk about in church as far as when it when you transition in the afterlife. Yeah, going to heaven, because if you love me like you say you did all the years and saying it repeatedly every day, never miss the date, Like where's their love now?
Speaker 2: They did it? They're just not here. Physically to show it to you. But they have never left your side.
Speaker 3: That aye again, and that's where the sign comes in at. It don't have to be much. It could be it could be it could be you.
Speaker 2: So you maybe you haven't noticed it rail your sign. They knew what you needed you didn't.
Speaker 3: HM.
Speaker 2: Parents parents can see things. Grandmothers can see things that and know things moms. My grandmother raised me, so she was around me more than my mom. She could sense things, see things, know when I was upset, know when something was on or was bothering me. It's yeah, yeah, it's uh, it's just it's just tough. It's yeah, it's tough. Uh. Chad says, I'm two million away from passing Joe Rogan's number. You guys are like, like I said, it's I still, I still. I mean people, oh Joe. I The question I get asked more than anything. Did I know? Can't William's number? Cat Williams was going to do this number? How could I possibly know? Oyo?
Speaker 3: How could I possibly know?
Speaker 2: That's like said, you asked tom Brady, dad, Oh did you know your son? You know Tommy was going to be this, But you asked my homes dad, you know who was gonna be.
Speaker 3: How could you? How could I possibly know?
Speaker 2: It's not like they're like fifty million interviews, like fifty million viewed interviews just floating around on YouTube and YouTube. I don't know how long YouTube has been around, like ten years, fifteen, oh man nineteen, almost twenty years. So no, I did not. I did not.
Speaker 3: I did not know.
Speaker 2: I did not know. I couldn't possibly know. What we do with the team we do, we do a greater job of researching, trying to ask questions that the fan would want to know. Hopefully they share stuff with things with us they haven't shared with anyone else, or they haven't shared them in a very long time. I try to be as relatable. I try to make them feel as comfortable as I possibly can, and they opened up. But I could not have possibly known that this thing would do fifty We're fifty five million views. Oh choke, that's a lot.
Speaker 3: Five million views a lot.
Speaker 2: There's a chance in a month, what the third we released it on the third till February third, there's a chance it'll be at fifty seven million views. How could I possibly have known? No, I didn't. I'm not gonna sit here and line, Oh, I know we're gonna blow up the internet. No I didn't. But I thank all of you for watching it. I think of all of I thank all of you for supporting me like you have from when I was at when I was at Undisputed, and I remember when it was announced that I was leaving and you guys jumped on my timeline and said, hey, we falling up. Y'all in Lie. Y'all been very very supportive. And I can't thank you enough. My family can thank you enough, my team can't thank you enough. You guys have been great. You guys have been great to Shannon Sharp and his family. Uh, Nightcap Club Shayshay, I mean, you know, oh, Joe, you know sometimes Hey, if you ever need me shit, don't call me man, but man, you know. But when they said we following up, were going with on, oh yeah, they ain't lie.
Speaker 3: They did not lie.
Speaker 2: And so I appreciate you guys, h And I appreciate you guys watching a cat because as great an interview as it was, it's because of you. You guys watched it, and a lot of you guys watched it on multiple occasions, and a lot of you guys are still watching it. So from the bottom of my heart and my team, we thank you. Who is this Breech McKinley. Can you please shout out my fiance Elijah Simmons. He turned thirty five to day. We love to show and watch that to keep griding going hard. Okay, Breech, thank you Elijah. Breesch. Want to rish you a happy birthday today. Happy thirty fifth birthday. Congratulations, Happy birthday, Ebony. Milly, please wish a happy fortieth birthday to my amazing her husband Irving. He loves y'all show, I love him love Ms pattersonby Irving, everything says happy birthday. She wants to wish you a very happy fortieth birthday. Breakstone, thank you guys for the support. Thank you for watching the show. We greatly greatly appreciate it, So Irving. This is from un and O Shoe and Ebony. Happy fortieth birthday, Aaron Owens. I keep going to shop shooting my shot. O Joe be my narrator for my HBCU football documentary on Central State University. Central State that's in Ohio. Be easy with the Central State Vin's book. I came out with a guy me and VB. We played in the East West Shrine Game together. He went to Central State. Oh, Hugh Douglas, what up you? Hugh Douglas went to Central State? Okay, he was the defensive rookie of the year, I think ninety six, So they had some planers to come out of Central State. Marlin's five other not your an advice for a bachelor party in Vegas? That's the party in Vegas? You ask him in Trouble.
Speaker 3: Listen, you saw the hangover right, Yeah, I sure.
Speaker 2: Hope you got you would under control because you'll be the boys before you get married. M. But hey, oh try let me ask your question. So let's just say, for the sake of PARTM, but you have a bachelor party? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Can you?
Speaker 2: Can you get one last romp in before you get married? Is that a forgivable or that's a deal breaking the wife? The wife like, nah, bro, nah, I can't have that ship.
Speaker 3: But you blue lap or not to get married by that they get out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, cause you're gonna say if I went out right before we got and you know, oh boy hooked it up for me, how you go for you? Yeah? If you?
Speaker 3: If you, if you can't dish it. If you can't this, if you can't take it, don't dish it.
Speaker 2: But see oh yo, see her is the thing if I shouldn't say this because these women, these women today, they're different. When I was coming up, women ain't give you no who ha unless they had an emotional I mean, it was hard for women to get off who ha if they didn't feel something for you. Right now, hey, what it is they they think?
Speaker 3: They they think like they take like a man. Listen, you be your bag right, boy, he's gonna take flight.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm just.
Speaker 3: Telling you it ain't no, ain't no. He ain't no, ain't no planning, ain't no, ain't no.
Speaker 1: If you're bag right, boy, it's gonna take flight every time, every time. And the long ear money, Oh, things gonna get funny.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Somebody said they made their heal the wait a whole.
Speaker 3: Year before what before he got it got who her? She? They got a ring And that's yeah right.
Speaker 2: I gotta test drive. I call yeah, I'm just here. I gotta tath drive that. That can't be no limit man, you know the limit law and you stuck with it sometimes a year? And what do you would boy? I would do it. Hey, hey, that's him. Okay, like like big boy say boys star.
Speaker 3: Better than me?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah that that definitely mein' who in today's time, I get it, like when my grandmother and grandfather and my great Yeah okay, I get all that today's time. A year. Yeah, I'm talking about an hour. I got an hour for you the car girl, you know me forty.
Speaker 3: Five, come on with it.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, it's it becomes dangerous. You know, even if even if you have discipline, even if you have discipline and and you're a man of of of of morals with core values, when you have options as plentiful as you do now, it becomes difficult.
Speaker 3: Not not individual.
Speaker 1: I'm saying when you're single and you got somebody about, oh you got you got to wait a year. I mean I got a way a year for that, and I can get it. I can get it from over here for free. And you think I'm gonna play with you when yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, s I I don't know about. I don't know about yeah okay, I don't know about that year. But more power to it, more power to it. Congratulations, congratulations on you getting that ring.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, hopefully matter of fact whenever it would let me know in the wed near because I'm come crash that ship.
Speaker 2: Doctor Fray kill me as hey unknno your average how many pairs of sneakers do you buy? Money? I ain't bought no sneakers in the lost. I don't buy no sneakers. I mean I got like six other pair.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I bet y'all ain't gonna get these. I bet that now. Mm hmm yeah, get them y'all don't know. Yeah, bet y'all gonna get them. I will help y'all, lie I might.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take off your because I know.
Speaker 2: Y'all won't get it with just one. I'm gonna take the left one of two. Look at that right now. Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Yeah mm hm hm oh yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I don't really buy this. Audom bought some niggas. I mean I got like I probably got. I mean the pairs of sneak you think I got as.
Speaker 1: I buy the same thing over and over air force ones. Hey, I get a creepy go get another pair?
Speaker 2: Uh, I say, she think I got about eight hundred pairs of sneakers. Well you be spinning that bag, bro, I well you know I used to be I used to be a Nike athlete.
Speaker 3: Yoh, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: But I hadn't been one of the I hadn't been one of them a while.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, you you you hoarding shoes?
Speaker 2: Huh, yeah, I do. I have. I have our rock. I have rock and stock.
Speaker 3: So I have.
Speaker 2: Ones that I wear and then a lot of them, some of some some really good ones that I've got dupe with it.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Uh. Soldier asked, have you ever been star struck by someone famous? Yeah, Michael Jordan's I told you. I saw him and and the Fluke Bowler in Atlanta. I got the you know, he got on the elevator. I got on the elevator with him, and that's when he were his first wife in ninety four. I never forget it. I don't care what y'all say.
Speaker 3: That more forward levitate, Yeah, different and everybody's everybody.
Speaker 2: I don't care what y'all said. Y'all can't care, but that man will levitated. He didn't seem real. He's the only man that I've ever been around, and I've been around Denzel Oprah, Sam Jackson, Lebron Shaq, Kobe rest his soul. I've been around some of the great, the near jay Z Drake, that man levitate. He levitates. I can't explain it. And I tried, and and and and when I try to explain it, it's almost blasphemous because what I'm comparing him to. But if you've ever met him, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: He doesn't.
Speaker 2: He's the only man that I've ever met, the only person that I've ever met that didn't seem real. And I know your man could he talked and you walk, but you got I can't explain it. But if you if you go, and everybody that's ever met him explains him the exact same way. Every for the most part, every athlete that's ever met Michael Jordan explains him the exact same way. He doesn't seem real. He levitates, I wish you or something. I can tell you. That's the best. That's the best way I can explain it. And he's the only person I've been like, you know, hey, you know now that I'm out here in LA I see more fames. You know, I don't go out a whole lot, but when I go to events, you know, you see people. Mike, Mike's a different animal man that was you. That's the only way I can explain it, though, Joe. That's the only way I can explain it. And I just wish, uh I never met Prince. Had an opportunity to go to see Prince his last concert. He performed in Atlanta, and you had to like have the ticket because they wouldn't let you. They would he knew he was always his last couple of concerts. They took control of that, and so you had to go up there with with your credit card and you could only get two and a guy. I mean, the ticket was like two hundred bucks, but he wanted like three thousand dollars a ticket for it.
Speaker 3: I was like, I can't pay that. M hm.
Speaker 2: Like he ended up passing like a week later, damn. So I didn't get a chance to see him, and I could have just imagined him probably well, obviously Michael Jackson, because hey, the man come out on stage and people fainting. The mission of his name, people would faint, So I guess that's what it has to be like. Uh, But Mike, Michael Jordan is just I can't explain it, though, Joe, I can't I wish I could, and but I can't do it.
Speaker 3: Justice I haven't. I haven't met anybody like that yet.
Speaker 1: Obviously I met Mike before I met many many of the A listers, and I just haven't had that one person that was like I was in awe of. If there was one person that I've been wanting to meet for so long, is Daniel day Lewis. And if the day I can cross paths with Daniel day Lewis, who is very very the likelihood of.
Speaker 3: That happening is slim to none. I lose my ship.
Speaker 2: I lose my mind. You did that before you met it. Guys, do me a favorite. Make sure you hear that like button, make sure you hit that subscribe button. Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I'm your favorite, Off Shinnon Sharp. That's your favorite? Number eighty five, rot Runner, Extraordinary Bengals, Ring of Famer, Pro Bowler, All Pro Bengals Legend, Chad o Cho, Senko Johnson. We pin the shape by Laportier at the top of the chat. Please make sure you go out and get yourself a bottle or from someone that you love with all the holidays. The super Bowler right around the corner. Make sure you subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed. You can get it through Club shay Shay, but Nightcap has its own podcast feed. Again, please make sure y'all like and subscribe to Club Club shay Sha a Nightcap, you can subscribe to Club Sha Sha also. I appreciate that. Also, I don't think I thank you guys enough because that's a tape conversation, but thank you for subscribing to Club Shaysha. We're almost at two point six million subs and you guys have been great. Thanks for the support. We started that in twenty twenty and you guys have been growing and helping me along the way. Nightcap we're about to be four months old. You guys have been great, better than great. We can't thank you enough, so please make sure you hit the light and subscribe button. I'm your favorite Uncle Shannon Sharp, that's Chad o Yo Senko Johnson, and we're out. I love y'all.