Speaker 1: Good morning, guys.
Speaker 2: How are you welcome into kind of a throwback version of the Daily Juice podcast with me Matt Perrault. You guys can follow me across all of my socials at sports Talk Matt as I come to you from a hotel room in Las Vegas, where i'm here. Briefly, I'm only here for two days. Basically, I'm in for what is called bet Bash, which is a very large sports gambling convention here in town in Vegas. I'm doing pushing the odds from Betbash coming up tomorrow morning, and so I'm in here. I fly on a red eye Friday night, I'm out of here. So basically I'm here for a little over two days for that. So I apologize for the setting and I apologize for the lighting. If you're watching the video version of this podcast, the lighting stinks. I thought there would be a I don't know, a better set up here than there is from a lighting perspective, and I just got here. So I'm exhausted, tired of been flying all day. Tomorrow night, I'll try to make it a little better, but for tonight, I apologize. It's it's doable, it's workable. It's not great, but it's workable here for us on a Thursday morning episode of The Daily Juice. It is currently ten thirty Pacific time. That means it's one thirty Eastern time, and so that means I got to get my butt to bed at some point in the very near future.
Speaker 1: But we went two and two yesterday.
Speaker 2: Both player props go down, both sides come in Brewers and another loss for Paul Skins. Fifteen games now for the Pirates, they've lost started by Paul Skins. That's incredible or it'll get a nice win there. And so we go two and zero on our sides. We go zero and two on our player props, and so we're down the juice unfortunately. And that's just kind of how the week has gone. It's been sort of a ping pong back and forth to and two down the Juice type of run for us here for the week.
Speaker 1: Not horrible.
Speaker 2: We're not losing big money, but it just kind of paper cuts that we're getting into. So hopefully we'll start to turn the page here as we welcome back Football Hall of.
Speaker 1: Fame game tonight.
Speaker 2: Now, let me explain something I bet under thirty six and a half number now was thirty five here in Vegas, so big money coming in on the under, so we have the best number.
Speaker 1: Does it matter?
Speaker 2: No bets, tell us to cash. But I like the first half under better. Now I got eighteen and a half yesterday. That number is gone. I don't mind it if you get over seventeen. If you get seventeen and a half, it's not bad. I don't mind it. But I got eighteen and a half, so I'm not. This is the problem with this podcast. At times when I do end up getting a better number and the number moves, I don't feel right giving that out and saying like, hey, go play this because I'm on the first half under. I like the first half under more than I like the game under because the second half could get wonky. Kenny Pickett is going to get the start, as will Carson Beck. I don't like either guy to score much. Okay, on think either offense does much. I think we go under eighteen and a half in the first half, and I like that play. The best play for the shar for the game is that. But on Monday I gave out thirty six and a half. The numbers that has said has dropped down to thirty five, so we have you bet it, then we have the best of the numbers. So I don't want to give out a bad number for the first half, but we do know where we are here for the first half, and the first half number has been secured at thirty six and a half for the Hall of Fame game at minus one ten. That does put us into a spot where you could bet both under first half and under for the game. It's just be careful with the numbers. I would not go lower than seventeen and a half. I would not bet seventeen. I don't think i'd touch that, but we'll see where the number winds up going. You know, once we saw who's starting and we have major backups, neither team wants to play in this game. Okay, the Cardinals are awful. I don't know if you guys have seen some of the video. We're already on the under four and a half wins for the Cardinals. They're going to be horrible. I mean, they're going to be a really, really poor football team, and so I don't think they're going to do very much, even though the second half does worry me a little bit. I know the Panthers defense is going to be good out of the gate. Even with their second teamers playing. That should be a good defense for Carolina. I'm not really in love with Kenny Pickett, never have been, so Okay, Like, let's see what Kenny Pickett can do.
Speaker 1: You know, how do you play a series? You play two series.
Speaker 2: I'm not really sure what we're going to see out of this, but I thought we might see Gardner Minshew for the Cardinals.
Speaker 1: That didn't happen.
Speaker 2: Both Gardner Minshew and Jacoby Brissett are both benched for this game coming up here for tonight.
Speaker 1: So this is we love Betting Football Special.
Speaker 2: Some might call it a DJA and special game coming up here for tonight. So that's where I'm going under thirty six and a half, but I do like the under eighteen and a half for the first half in that game. Now, two baseball games to take a look at. Let's start with the debut of Dustin May and the Brewers. So he's pitching for the first time with Milwaukee. Why do I like this game because Dustin May has a four point six to two eer he had in the month of July, but he pitched well his last two starts before he got traded from the Cardinals to the Brewers. He went six innings, one earn run, five innings, no urn runs. Trading inside the division is really wonky. The Red Sox did it with the Orioles and the Brewers did it with the Cardinals.
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 2: But it's Braxton Ashcraft. He's starting for the Pirates, and you guys know what that means.
Speaker 1: We're betting over.
Speaker 2: Even though his last game on the road, a four to one win over Cincinnati, he went five innings, give up one earned run. The game state under. I mean, this is a guy who has been an over machine and it's only seven and a half. I mean, Dustin May his first start with his new team. Let's see what it looks like. But after that four know, before that four to one win for the Pirates, it was eight seven eight, five seven, six, seven to one, eleven seven eleven one twelve four eight three six three nine three twelve to one, he was just.
Speaker 1: A machine to go over. That's just what we're going to bet here.
Speaker 2: We're not going to get too crazy, We're not going to get too you know, analytical on it. And just take a look at Braxton Brandon Ashraft's Ashcraft record here, Braxtitt Ashcraft's record. He's been an over guy. Dustin May is a very good pitcher. But new team, new situation, new scenario, give up three or four runs. Let's go ahead and play the over over seven and a half for the Pirates and the Brewers at minus one point fifteen for one point one five units. The Daily Juice podcast is being brought to you by our friends at hard Rock Bet. Look, football's back, but baseball is still going to be here for a long time. It's preseason football versus real baseball, regular season baseball going on right now, and hard Rock Bets got you covered a million different ways to get involved, whether it be getting involve the same game parlay, or whether it be getting involved with their promotion that they got going on right now with this ten cent line promotion that you guys can get involved with it this sale. It's not something we see all that often. You know, books are very priced sent they don't want to reduce their prices all that much. So when we do see an opportunity to get involved, it's a big deal. And I know you guys may be getting sick of hearing the read for it, but look at this is a big deal. Ten cent Summer sale is big at hard Rock Bets, so they're giving you some of the best odds in Major League Baseball to go ahead and bet. So check it out ten cent Summer Sale. If you're shopping around for prices and you have the option for Hard Rock Bet. Yes, they're Florida's sportsbook with russll legal in Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, Colorado, and Michigan. Check out the ten cent summer sale going on right now at hard Rock Bet for Baseball, grab a bet swing for the fences all August long during the hard Rock Bets ten cent Summer Sale. Down on the hard Rock Bet app today and roll with us.
Speaker 3: Payable in bonus bets. Not a cash off or offered by the Seminole Tribe of Florida in Florida, offered by Seminole hard Rock Digital LLC in all other states. Must be twenty one and over and physically present in area Zona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida called one eight three to three play wise. In Indiana. If you were someone you know has a gambling problem and wants to help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. In Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia called one eight hundred My reset gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, and Tennessee.
Speaker 2: We go to one more play It's Foster Griffin Day, but this time it's with the Guardians. He is going to make his debut with the Guardians. We love betting on Foster Griffin. Now, he lost his last start before being traded six to two, lost to the Braves.
Speaker 1: He gave up six.
Speaker 2: Earned runs, but maybe he was a little bit nervous about pitching and getting traded didn't really like it. So that snapped a really impressive streak where he had covered in seven or the team had one and seven of eight starts for Foster Griffin. Here comes the Guardian, a team that is in the thicket things. The Guardians are trying to keep a place with the White Sox, who keep on losing to the Red Sox three game lead. Now for the Guardians, so they're right behind. The Guardians have lost back to back games, so they can't Now. You don't want to lose another game here to the Mets and get swept by the Mets when you have a chance with all these losses coming down, you don't want to get swept by the Mets. But they're throwing McLean Nolan. McLean is seven and seven win a three point twenty nine er. The team has won three to the last five starts for him, but he's been kind of a roller coaster ride. His era though in the month of July was awesome. Hit a one point seven eight ERA in the month of July. That's why the Mets are so slight favorites here over the Guardians, and they've also taken the first two games of this series. But with a short price, I'm gonna go ahead and bet Foster Griffin day. Let's get back involved with Foster Griffin, get back into his good graces, and get a w here Guardians on the money line coming up here for today, So plays for us on a Thursday's Daily Juice the Hall of Fame game under thirty six and a half the Pirates and the Brewers going over seven and a half and the Guardians on the money Line coming in for them today. Hopefully things will roll here. If you are at bete Bash, I will be live at ten am. I will be doing Pushing the Odds with Adam Bijorn at ten am from one of the conference rooms at Circus Sports for bet Bash. You can come over and watch us and listen to us for an hour. Do a live studio taping of Pushing the Odds coming up here for today. My name is Matt Paroti. You guys can follow me across all my socials at Sports Talk Matt every morning.
Speaker 1: Wherever you guys get your podcasts. It is the Daily Juice