Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocatesla dot com. Hailey is on the phone today for a first date follow up and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Nate. She has no idea why, So in a few minutes, we're gonna call him and ask him why he's ghostinger and maybe get her another date. But before we do that, Hailey, how long has it been since you heard from Nate?
Speaker 2: That's been four days?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, not too long. Yeah, are you sure you're getting ghosted?
Speaker 2: Not like a hundred percent sure, but I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 3: Why do you think so?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: Like, but they went really well, but I worry that I I don't know, Like, so we went on a picnic and it was really nice and we even like got to slow dance a little on the picnic blanket, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was really sweet, and I was like, I don't know, he was just really attentive.
Speaker 5: But I just worry, like I can't dance, and I kept stepping on his feet, and so I'm like, maybe he.
Speaker 2: Just didn't like that I can't dance.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've been like hyper fixating on it. But I'm just like I really was bad, but I was like nervous and stuff, so I can dance a little better than I did.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it was pretty good.
Speaker 3: Okay, did he say anything about your dance skills?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: I mean we both laughed at off, but like you know, sometimes people pretend things are funny or okay and it's not. And I don't know, it's the only thing that I really feel like.
Speaker 2: I did wrong.
Speaker 1: So tell us about the date though, Like, how were things with him? Did you guys get along?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had a lot in common, so like I brought the wine, he brought the food.
Speaker 2: We met up at the park and we had a picnic and it was just really chill and we got.
Speaker 5: To talk a lot, so like we got to know each other a little bit, and I really liked it.
Speaker 2: It was just a nice, peaceful date.
Speaker 5: You know, I've been dating a little and like nothing really exciting, so this was kind of to me, this one.
Speaker 2: This really stood out and it felt really special. So like it went really well.
Speaker 5: We even like got to make out a little bit, so like I thought he really liked me, But I don't know, it was just I'm really concerned because I would have hoped that like the next day or maybe even a couple of days later. I mean, I know people have jobs, but I just haven't heard a thing.
Speaker 3: Was he supposed to reach out to you? Like, did you try to contact him at all?
Speaker 5: I haven't, But he said he would like text or call, and then I just hadn't heard anything.
Speaker 3: Okay. I feel like after a date like that, I would also want to hear back, like the next day or two, because it ended so well, Like why wouldn't he be messaging back?
Speaker 5: Well, like he said he would reach back the next day, but I texted him when I got home and said thanks for such a great date. And he didn't text back that night, and he didn't text or call the.
Speaker 2: Next day like he had said he would.
Speaker 8: Oh good after that, So I'm like, I don't know, So what was your communication like leading up to the date. Is he just kind of one of those guys that takes a few days or was he more attentive?
Speaker 5: Well, we have a mutual friend who set us up, so like we didn't really talk much before the date. Okay, yeah, we just like we texted a little bit so like organize who was bringing what?
Speaker 8: But that was really it, So do we know that he's not sick? Like, did you do some investigating with a mutual friend? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I did, Okay, so yeah I asked her because she works with him, and she was like, no, he's fine, he's at work. Oh yeah, So like because I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, like I've definitely been six after a date and then haven't.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, he's fine.
Speaker 1: What I heard watch me pull.
Speaker 3: Up real quick.
Speaker 2: Well that is a little bit weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it is all right. Well we'll see if we can figure it out for you. Then we'll play a song come Back, and then call him and ask him why is ghosting you? And maybe get you another date? Okay, thanks guys, all right, we'll play song come Back, get your first date, follow up next. Right in the middle of the first date follow up, and if you're just joining us, Haley is on the phone. She's getting ghosted by a guy named Nate. So in a second we're gonna call him see if it tells why is ghosting her? Maybe get her another date? But first, Hayley, why don't you catch everybody up on your situation?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So basically we went on this really nice picnic date at the park.
Speaker 5: It was, in my opinion, pretty romantic, and I thought it went really well.
Speaker 2: We had a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: We slow danced, we drank wine, we ate naxt what more did the girl wants?
Speaker 2: And yeah, I was really hoping for a second date. And I texted in that night, no response, And I haven't heard of things.
Speaker 1: Since so and you think it might be because if your bad dancing?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have no sense of rhythm. Okay, it's only gotten worse than it has better.
Speaker 1: All right, well see if that is it? Are you ready for us to call him?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. Okay, Hi, ma sweak to Nate please Maison, Yes you can Nate. My name is Jewbel. I host the radio show. It's called The Jewbel Show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hi, Nate, whole show's here on Nina. Hi, and I'm Victoria.
Speaker 1: How are you.
Speaker 4: Doing all right? And I like win something or what's going on here?
Speaker 1: You might have I'm not really sure. Do you listen to the show ever?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Actually big fan?
Speaker 1: Oh cool than you? Are you a big enough fan to know what the first eight follow ups are?
Speaker 4: Oh my god? Yeah, yeah I am.
Speaker 1: You know why I'm bringing that up, Nate, I.
Speaker 4: Might as tho what you tell me? Right, I'm already on that. Lets go.
Speaker 1: You're ghosting somebody, and they emailed us because they want to know why they're getting ghosted. Do you have any idea who would email us?
Speaker 4: I'm imagining it was Haley Haley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yes, if I guess you forget that she forgot. Yes, Haley is on the line name. She wants to know why you're gusting her. I'll just let you guys talk it out now.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Hey, what's going on night?
Speaker 2: You know, just telling so what what happened? I know I can't dance, but like, I didn't think I was that bad.
Speaker 7: No, actually I don't consider myself that good of a dancer.
Speaker 4: There's no don't worry about that.
Speaker 7: No, it was that's all good, Like I said, I mean, I did have a good time.
Speaker 4: But you know, I mean, honestly, the whole entire time we were on the you know, on.
Speaker 7: Our picnic, you just kept talking about your you know, comparing comparing me to your X from well how long ago that six seven years?
Speaker 4: He said, I don't like every time you brought up his name, I just tuned out.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it was six years ago, and I'm sorry, I just knew that.
Speaker 5: So you had mentioned that you've been through a recent breakup, and I was not comparing you to him.
Speaker 2: I was trying to like relate your situation to what I went through.
Speaker 5: I wasn't like, I'm sorry if I brought up too much, but I was just like really nervous and maybe like I don't know the line was talking or something, but like I was just trying to relate to you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So like there was there were times where you know, I laughed at something that you said, you know, you're talking about you're dancing, and then all of a sudden, you're like, oh my god, Jason laughs that way, And I was like, this is are you even over him?
Speaker 4: Like it's not even like is this something I need to be concerned about? You know.
Speaker 7: I tried to brush it off every time, you know, to the end of the night, like I really just couldn't get over I couldn't take it.
Speaker 4: Like it just like I said, just every single thing you brought up was oh, Jason did this, Jason did that, And I'm like, I'm my name is not Jason, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm so first of all, really sorry, Like I did not mean to do it that much.
Speaker 2: I think I was just really nervous and maybe I didn't know what.
Speaker 5: To say, and maybe I was just I mean I was I was excited, so like maybe that, but.
Speaker 2: I like your laugh and your laugh is not just like Jason's. I was just like, I think I was just nervous. I didn't mean to do that.
Speaker 5: I'm really sorry, and like, okay, so like I was comparing your laugh to his laugh because he had a nice laugh, like he was a there's a reason here he did have a good laugh.
Speaker 2: So it was just like I was nervously.
Speaker 5: Complimenting you, I guess, and like, but I love your laugh and your laugh, and I'm I didn't mean to make it seem like I was like wrapped up in the past. I just I guess it has been a long time since I was so excited, and my brain kind of related it to a past experience and I was sorry.
Speaker 4: No, I mean, there's no need to apologize for it. I mean, sometimes wine does talking for us, but you know, honestly, is.
Speaker 7: There's something that I'm gonna have to be worrying about, you know, day in day out, as.
Speaker 4: She like, are you even over him? Like you haven't even said anything about that, like whether you are over him or not?
Speaker 6: And well, yeah, definitely over him. No we No, I mean I'm definitely over him.
Speaker 4: Yeah you said it.
Speaker 7: Was just it was just a major, major red flag and like, yeah, I don't know where you want.
Speaker 1: To go from here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really, Like I said, I'm sorry and I'm over him, And.
Speaker 5: If you're willing to give me another shot, I will.
Speaker 2: I promise that the word Jason will not come up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not one. I would hope not. But I mean, yeah, I mean I don't whether it'll give me.
Speaker 7: A shoot your text tonight and see what you're doing if you're free or maybe I.
Speaker 4: Don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: On another day with Hayley. We'll pay for it.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, I mean I'm down, but I just hope that it's a Jason free night. I'm not trying to remember my name is Nate.
Speaker 2: Awesome. I'm super excited and I promise that it'll be a fun time. Thank you so much for giving me another shot.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Hailey, thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Thanks.
Speaker 2: Juble's first date follow up