Speaker 1: Wow, Hey everybody, It's Thursday, December fourth, twenty twenty four, and welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show where we're not sharing our Spotify raps. It's me, You're man MG marcus En joined by Michael Florio and Lakwan Jones.
Speaker 2: Short show, quick show, busy show. Nonetheless, we will have our calls for Week fourteen.
Speaker 1: Are with flags, are snor relaxes, all those Let's start guys with Week fourteen.
Speaker 2: I mean it is by mcgeddon.
Speaker 1: It is playoff time, Lakwan, any teams that you have that are just on the brink that need wins this week.
Speaker 3: I need to win this week against one of my hometown friends, Alondo Ingram, And it's very personable because we've been doing dirt, doing each other dirty all morning long. Like he's in the group chap saying, hey, I might pick up Russell Wilson to my one boy, and I just go pick him up just because because now he's starting great, shown because I happed him up in his head.
Speaker 2: The night before.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I hope that you know, I beat him this week and then I get that last playoff spot and we're holding the championship up at the end of the day, if.
Speaker 1: You have hate in your heart, litten out, that's exactly what that is with you making those moves right.
Speaker 4: There, speaking of hate in the heart.
Speaker 2: With Kwan's call, I.
Speaker 1: Know right our club dub the guy who will be the top scorer, and you are expecting that this guy continues to have some animosity even for a team that he didn't play for previously. But a big week for him last week, you're expecting more of the same this week.
Speaker 2: Who is it LQ?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's my top player hater in the club. Jerry Judy going against the Steelers secondary where Jamis Winston has been so aggressive to go pass the sticks to challenge the secondary, and I honestly think Jerry Judy cannot be stopped right now with since to buy, the Steelers secondary has been as for PFF grated as the worst in coverage. So Jerry Judy's about to have himself a good day once again.
Speaker 1: All right, So Jerry Judy stepping up and continuing to play well for you, Florida.
Speaker 2: Who is your top scorer this week?
Speaker 4: Alvin Kamara? Because one Taysom hell is gone, so I think a lot of those short targets quick targets go back to him, the goal one work goes back to him. But even more so it's the Giants who not only have been ran all over, we've seen a lot of very one sided games, and that tendsibly to the opposing running back getting a lot of volume and just going off all right.
Speaker 1: So, Alvin Kamara, even with no real consistent help around him, though I know you have said repeatedly this week that you like Marcos Valdez Scantling, would still the Alvin Kamara show there in New Orleans for the Saints for me. So my big hot take for the week is that brock Bowers is going to be the number one scorer in all of fantasy. That's my hot take outside of the box thinking for the more conventional, sort of low hanging fruit, it's gonna be Saquon Barkley, because why wouldn't it be Saquon Barkley, right? The dude has been amazing all season long, and he has maybe the best possible matchup for a running back with the Carolina Panthers, who have been terrible at stopping the run. I don't think he's gonna do an like backwards hurdling or anything superhuman like that. He's just going to run over, around and through the Panthers. He may catch a few passes. Either way, you're talking about a great player on a very good offense against a bad defense. Everything lines up for Sakuon Barkley to be the top scorer in Fantasy here in week fourteen. So if you have him, you haven't, you probably already have locked up a playoff spot. But for whatever reason you haven't. Congratulations because now you probably have Week fourteen. The red flag the player that we should be aware of this week, Lakwan, who has you a little bit nervous about starting them?
Speaker 3: It's actually the entire Bucks defense in DST lineups, because honestly, I think the Raiders newfound spark of that run game. They put up the second most rushing yards against the Chiefs defense, and we know you cannot run against his defense. Now you got the Bucks where you can run, and they're alling a ton of red zone opportunities. It's insane. The six most red zone drives allow fifty three percent on the middle of the pack, just another facing the crowd. I think this Raiders offense is going to have it done on the ground and they're going to be putting up some points, all right.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's wild to think that we're avoiding a defense because of the Raiders. I'm like, I'm not saying you're wrong, It's just a weird thing to say, because it is a thing that we have never said about the Raiders, probably since like the rich Gannon.
Speaker 2: Tim Brown days or something like that.
Speaker 1: Like, it's it's been a while since we felt that way about the Raiders offense. I don't know, were you around for the Tuck Rule Were you alive for the Tuck Rule game in two thousand and two?
Speaker 2: Yeah, around in two thousand and two.
Speaker 4: If you weren't.
Speaker 1: I was gonna disinvite you from this show if that was the case. Uh, who is your red flag?
Speaker 2: Florio?
Speaker 1: And does it have anything to do with a certain former child actor from North of the Border.
Speaker 4: Look, I'm just saying Chubu. Howard came out claimed to be tm ovio and then had his lowest point of this But the saving grace for him is Drake still had a worse week. But No, the reason I think Cuba Hubbard is a red flag this week is all about the match.
Speaker 2: Well two things. One, Jonathan Brooks looked really good this week.
Speaker 4: I know the it was still limited touches, but like he was an angry run contestant. Like he looked the part, and you see why we were all so excited about him. But even more so, the Eagles are in the bottom five and fantasy points per game allowed to running backs. They've given up just four touchdowns to the position all year and have not allowed a top ten fantasy running back.
Speaker 2: So you probably still need to start Cuba.
Speaker 4: Giving the six teams on buy and everything, but if you can get away, I think this is a matchup to try to avoid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this feels like a tough one for Cuba against the Eagles. I also think that for if anything, for the Panthers, it's going to be a pass heavy option to pass heavy offense, just because look, the Eagles gonna score. Pants gotta do something to kind of keep up with him, and I think that means Bryce Young throwing the ball a lot. My player to beware is Matt Stafford, and I look, six teams on a buy. I understand if you got to start him, I totally get it. I just don't love him. Against the Bills, they have been incredibly tough on passing games all season long. If there's a place that you can get Buffalo, it is on the ground. This feels like a week where we have the Rams leaning on Kyron Williams, maybe getting Blake Korm sprinkled in as well. Look, they're going to have to throw the ball at some point, right, It's not going to be that they completely avoid the passing game. Especially when you've got Pooka Nakua and Cooper Cup out there. You're gonna get those guys the ball as much as possible. But this might not be a pass heavy game, especially because I don't think the Bills are gonna necessarily put a huge gap between them. It's not going to be something where the Rams have to throw the ball to stay in the game. I think they can sort of run their normal offense as much as possible and stay competitive with the Bills. But I don't love Matthew Stafford's opportunity to go out and put up a big number against a Bills team that has done a pretty good job of clamping on opposing quarterbacks a lot this season. It's time to drive your line. I'm presented by the all new hybrid Toyota Camry. Finally, we got the snore relax, our favorite Week fourteen sleepers. And I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's just again, I go back to last year, the year's previous, if we had thought about this guy as a sleeper, we would have been laughed out of our jobs.
Speaker 2: But this is where we are in twenty twenty four. I think this was one of those moments.
Speaker 3: I had my ear close to the fantasy streets and like rumblings of people questioning the star Patrick Mahomes against the Chargers, and I think you absolutely do that. I mean, last time they kept them in check earlier in the season, but now he has DeAndre Hopkins, things are starting to click. Travis Kelce's already activated, starting to get cold outside, So I think we can continue on seeing for the last five games that Patrick Mahomes isn't playing like at QB one, He's been top five in that span. So I think this week, even with the Chargers being a stingy defense of keeping folks out of the end zone, I think Patrick Mahomes shows up, shows out and reminds us of why he is in.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, he has really been starting to come along.
Speaker 1: And I said a couple of weeks ago that he looks like he's going to be a guy that you really can lean on for the fantasy playoffs.
Speaker 2: The matchups were good.
Speaker 1: You mentioned the guys that are there now obviously, you know, adding DeAndre Hopkins getting Juju Smith Schuster back. Not even that Juju is a big pass catcher weapon, but he's just one more thing to sort of have to pay attention to in that offense. Isaiah Pacheco is back as well. This death Star is fully operational. Sorry to the haters, Florio, who is your snorlax option for the week.
Speaker 4: I agree with everything you guys said about Patrick Mahomes, but he was the second best quarterback in that game last Friday. The one who was better was Aidan O'Connell, who threw for three hundred and forty and two touchdowns, and he is my favorite streaming quarterback of the week, not only what he did in that game and it being vastly better than anything Gardner Minshew did, but it is a great matchup as well. The Bucks career high in Fantasy points to Bryce Young. They routinely and I think it's five of their last six games have allowed a top eight Fantasy quarterback, Like, this is a matchup that we stream against all year and AOC is the lucky winner that gets that matchup in the week where you need to stream a quarterback more than any of the prior thirteen weeks.
Speaker 1: It is wild man, Like, we're all on Aid and O'Connell, so like, let's keep our fingers crossed that this actually stays positive and doesn't go sideways, because you know, you know, you know, as we round out our look at sleepers for the week, we're all going with quarterbacks. I'm gonna go with Will Levis, who has been great. He's been good for the Titans, He's been good for opposing defenses. So no matter what side of this you fall on in fantasy, Will Levis is probably the guy that you want at quarterback. He's had sixteen more Fantasy points I think in three straight games, three of his last four. I believe starting to play well. We do like Nick Westbrook a Kine. We like Calvin Ridley. I think Tony Pollard is a nice option out of the backfield that they can throw the football to when they need to. Great matchup against the Jacksonville defense that we have been picking on all season long, Will Levis feels like a guy that we can get into some lineups.
Speaker 2: Yes, turn the ball over.
Speaker 1: He may take some sacks, which means you can actually if you're really in a hard way, stream the Jaguars defense on the other side as well. But Levis in a pinch if you're streaming, I think at two quarterback leagues, I think you're definitely playing him if you need to stream. I think he has a low QB one ceiling this week against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Speaker 2: A guy that you can stream in those matchups as well.
Speaker 1: That was Drive Your Lineup, presented by the all new hybrid Toyota Camri. Whatever your vibe, it's a camera vibe. Learn more at Toyota dot com slash Camri.
Speaker 2: So there you go. That's our look at Week fourteen. Should be an interesting one.
Speaker 1: I know for a lot of you out there, it is a do or die situation to get into the playoffs. Certainly, best of luck if you are in one of those situations. Hopefully we have helped you move on to the fantasy second season. But that'll do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. Stay happy, safe and healthy, do good, and live well, and we will talk to you all tomorrow. Wow.