Speaker 1: Have you decided on this year's Halloween costume?
Speaker 2: I have. We are doing Little Mermaid.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've really talked tried to talk Jordan into doing King Triton and getting one of those T shirts that has the like painted on, like body wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Go for it because it also has like a beard and a wig and like that. I knew it was a long shot. But he is going to be Prince Eric and that's super cute. Ledger is gonna be Flounder. He's got like a puffy.
Speaker 3: With like blue things, and then I'm gonna be Sebastian. So I got my claws and like my whole outfit, and I've got like a hood with big eyes that I I've made and all this stuff.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I love I love Halloween.
Speaker 3: I love that's I had to ask getting outfits, but I never get something just like well, Ledger's outfit is store bought, but I don't. I always put stuff together or get like three out like Monroe's Mermaid costume is composed of three different Mermaid costumes that I piece together and make the right one because it never can buy the right one obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that movie gets a lot creepier when you realize she's sixteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: I've thought about it, especially because there's more.
Speaker 2: There's there's like a there's.
Speaker 3: Other Little Mermaids that come after. They're all on Disney Plus. So it is like that's when you kind of go, oh god, because then she has like kids and it's just it's kind of weird.
Speaker 1: Oh so there's other there's sequels to the original Little Mermaids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they even make shorts on them now.
Speaker 1: Like Little Mermaid too. This time it's pretty yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like like Cinderella has three of them and then they and then they have like little shorts that they do, like little tiny.
Speaker 1: Shorts, little long long pants would make more sense.
Speaker 2: Right, of course, obviously.
Speaker 1: I had exactly that's right.
Speaker 2: You don't do You don't even put candy out.
Speaker 1: For little brats to come to my house to beg me while just in weird costumes.
Speaker 3: I think, not home, or do you guys try to go out away from home so that.
Speaker 1: We stay at home and we're we're on the roof with hoses and water balloons. I'm kidding, No, we're we're of course no, to be honest with you, we would we would hand out candy. No one trick or treats in our neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, just I know, I live in an older neighborhood, so there's not a lot of trick or treaters here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, we would, definitely, we would. We would put out candy for the kids and stuff like that, but no one comes. I've I've been at my house twenty five years and I literally have not had a trick or treater. And for the first couple of years, we you know, like when I first moved into my house, my brother moved in with me, and so we were like, hey, Halloween's gonna be fun. There's gonna be kids, and it's like it's my place, and but nope, nobody should know. And then about five years after that, it was like, all I'm just gonna lock the gate, like I don't I don't want I don't want anybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just peace of mind, because there's all there could be like somewhat random straggler and all of a sudden you're like, yeah, who's there, and they're like trick or tree.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, I don't think so kids are cross, they're usually full of germs and stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, big update.
Speaker 3: I'm sure everyone's been working because I actually got some tech some uh messaging back on Instagram. We did watch hocus Pocus this weekend with oh Monroe rest telling you as a little worried, we actually got in our jacuzzi and put it on the outside.
Speaker 2: Both kids.
Speaker 3: Just couldn't get their eyes off of the TV. We were just hanging out in the jacuzzi watching it. They both loved it.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Wait, we need to go back. You were, Yeah, you were as a family sitting in the jacuzzi. Yeah, two hours to watch hocus Pocus.
Speaker 3: Well they were going in and out of the pool, and well you go in and out of the pool and stuff. But yeah, we have a TV because obviously what else do you do on game days?
Speaker 2: Like that's all we do.
Speaker 1: Sitting in watching her.
Speaker 3: I know. You know what's funny is I wish our jacuzzi was big enough to actually create one. When I growing up, my mom and dad's jacuzzie had. It was a large one and we had a we had a table in it. It was like a cement table. We would eat like, you know, barbecue during the weekends or have dinner out there. Yeah, like in the jacuzzi. Is that weird now that I've had it out loud.
Speaker 2: My parents didn't make it. That's how they bought the house. That that was literally a.
Speaker 3: Thing, And I've always wanted to have that because there's some of my favorite memories just.
Speaker 1: Just like normal every day sitting in the jacuzzi with your family, having a meal like you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, barbecue some some steaks go out there.
Speaker 1: Wait to see the comments it's gonna be. Please make this a social place.
Speaker 2: That sounds so weird now, of course it does.
Speaker 1: I love how you're also like the jacuzzi in the house that I grew up in. I didn't think I heard the word jacuzi until I was in my twenties.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I mean I guess that I grew up in southern California, so it's different.
Speaker 1: There is different. There's a lot of pools and stuff like that. Yeah. Here, you know, like sitting around the table like that's your dinner table in the jacuzzi.
Speaker 3: Wasn't like weird every Wednesday. It's only like on the weekends.
Speaker 2: Every Sunday.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, Well, welcome back to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your pjs, and your popcorn to go back to a time when all the houses were smart. The wave tsunamis, and the family gathered around the jacuzzi table to have dinner.
Speaker 2: I'm Will Fredell and I'm Sabrina Brian.
Speaker 1: So October continues, as does our mission to see every Disney Channel original movie that includes even just one scary scene in it. And this week we're revamping that first ever DCOM. Take a look at twenty twenty one's update to under wraps. Remember that we just saw this one. Now we're watching the new version. This one was originally released on October first, twenty twenty one, a kickoff for the scariest time of the year. And yes, this is a modern day remake of nineteen ninety seven film of the same name, which was the first time the studio used the marketing strategy of the name Disney Channel Original Movie or DCOM. We just saw that one, this small decision would forever change the way we look at the family movies, at least here on this podcast. And it was also the first ever DCM remake of a DCOM. So the first one was the first ever d COM. Second one was the first ever remake of a dcom hope everyone's keeping score. Are you a remake fan, by the way, if you like, because we're getting a lot of them through Disney nowadays, But are you a fan of it?
Speaker 3: I not typically In this case, absolutely I agree.
Speaker 1: I agree that I did not like. I do not like remakes. I think they're lazy. I think they're they're they're just it's boring. Most of them don't have to be touched, especially when you were making stuff that was great.
Speaker 2: This worked for me, Yes, in all aspects.
Speaker 3: And you know, of course, the first one was made so long ago, so I mean, you know we're talking it was ninety seven, and so of course what the abilities and everything that we saw on that first one compared to this one.
Speaker 2: I mean, the.
Speaker 3: Sets just there was it was such a huge upgrade.
Speaker 2: It was I agree, it really was. So I'm not normally a huge fan, but this time it worked for me.
Speaker 1: I agree one hundred percent. This was filmed in our creative capital of Canada, specifically Vancouver and British Columbia. This underwraps filmed over one month at the end of twenty twenty, so you got to figure this movie was not easy to make thanks to COVID, and because it aired when it did. You're also going to see a very big difference between TV now and TV in the nineties because this was viewed by four hundred and one thousand people. Wow, you know we're always in the millions. This is a far cry from the multimillions were used to hearing about for most of our popular d cooms. But with the metrics of TV in twenty twenty one, this was actually a modest success. That just shows you how different it is. It first showed on the Disney Channel, then became available for streaming on Disney Plus one week later, and now is a good time to let you know this movie is currently available to watch on Disney Plus. You can watch it right now, then critique right alongside of us, or you can watch it after you hear our opinion. You can also put your right foot in, then your right foot out, and you can shake it all about. But either way, the hokey pokey is what it's all about.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: On the music front, Disney actress China Ann McLain from Ant Farm and The Descendants movies collaborated with her sisters and brother who go by the stage name Messenger Okay to record a new version of her song Calling All Monsters, originally from the Show and Farm. This song is not only in the movie for the Big Mummy dance scene, but they also shot a music video that was shown on the channel leading up to the premiere. Synergy as twenty one was That's what I'm gonna be calling ex is so cool instead of twenty twenty one. I'm just gonna call it. Under Wraps twenty one is also the first de com to feature in LGBTQ plus representation, with Amy being the child of a gay divorce with her dads. We've seen it again, most notably in Zombie three, but here was the first step towards inclusion. The movie received well mixed reviews from critics and fans upon release, most comparing it to the original and in turn being disappointed, but it has become a staple for Disney when promoting their Halloween movies ever since, and spoiler alert people, they did make in under Wraps two under Wraps two. This time it's personal part of the newer remake universe, and it was released in twenty twenty two. I'm sure producer Tara has it set for us at some point in the future. So we covered the original under Wraps, a historic moment for the Disney Channel's evolution. But Sabrina, did you even know that they remade this a couple of years ago?
Speaker 3: Only from our interview that we got to do not too long ago, which was amazing, And I will say, knowing ahead of time that he wasn't going to be in it was a little disappointing for me. I was already kind of disappointed because I've now fallen in love with him, and I'm like, I hope he does.
Speaker 2: Magic in the second one. Like it was already kind of like, oh.
Speaker 3: Gosh, I guess we'll just get through this first one and then I can go see the second one because.
Speaker 1: Adam's a great guy. He really is anyway, Okay, So yeah, I felt the same way. By the way, the only reason that I knew this one existed is because when we went to go watch the first one, I thought it was on Disney Plus, and so you type in under Wraps and it pops up and I'm like, oh, they're oh wait, that's not it. Yeah, So that's how I knew it existed because a misprint essentially, But Now, people, it's time to down a bottle of hot sauce and get into the synopsis. Three friends accidentally awaken a mummy just days before Halloween and discover he's not as scary as he looks. Together, they must help their new undead friend reunite with his lost love before he's captured by a greedy museum curator. So synopsis wise, were real close to the original, Like it's basically the same, but with a new fleshed out museum curator villain. It seems like a bit right. Uh okay, early thoughts, we talked about this.
Speaker 3: We both liked it, right, Yeah, I like this movie and I'm just so stoked to watch the second one to see where it goes, especially if MALACKI is in it, because yeah, well I'm also a new fave of mine.
Speaker 1: I didn't even put it together. Who that was. I literally texted producer Jensen, I'm like, this kid's a star. He goes, you mean Malachi the Kids, who is like a star, And I was like, oh wait, yep, same guy. Yes, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: He basically just jumped out and gave me a great big hug as soon as I saw him on camera. Yeah, is like, Oh, you were so cute. Oh, he's just such a cute, cute kiss.
Speaker 1: He's also just a really good actor. I mean he's great. Yeah, especially for this age, he was.
Speaker 2: Really good, really good.
Speaker 1: It was directed by Alex zam someone I know very very well. He directed My Date with the President's Daughter. He has a long list of credits, from the Carrot Top Movie, Chairman of the Board, to Inspect Her Gadget Too, to Woody Woodpecker to both New Underraps d com. He has also worked on some TV including Dog with a Blog and The Thundermans and I I was texting with him last night as I was watching this movie, and he will be coming on our show. Yeah, I gotta talk to him about this and the movie stars. As Sabrina was just talking about Malachi Barton, Disney's current Golden Boy. We saw him take the reins of the Zombies franchise. God them those movies are good in the newest installment and is now set to start in the new Camp Rock and the upcoming Disney sitcom Coven Academy. He's Disney Channel through and through, a real homegrown talent. He was the star of the Disney show Stuck in the Middle back in twenty sixteen when he was super young, and then starred in their show Villains of Valley View. It goes without saying, get used to Malachi Barton because he's right in the middle of the Disney system. In twenty twenty five, we've got Christian J. Simon as Gilbert. Christian has been on TV for basically his entire life, with non Disney credits, including The Mick and Insecure, but eventually he was thrown into the Disney roster on a show called Sidney to the Max. He's also a busy voice actor, working on shows like tots Kia and the Comoja Heroes. I don't know what that is, but it sounds cool, and the Amazing World of Gumball. Next up, we've got Sophia Hammonds, who plays Amy. This was her first big movie and was recently in Freaky Your Friday, the Lindsay Lohan Jamie Lee Curtis sequel at Disney this very year. So did my old friend Alexander do the right thing? When it comes to the length of this movie, well under wraps twenty one clocks in it oh ninety one minutes. Oh, alex one minute off target, so close. Just remove one simple shot of the Mummy and this movie would have been a whole lot better. Well, I'm kidding, but it's one minute too long, which I admit is as close as you can get. So we'll give it a pass for now. We'll have to see what happens with under Wraps two. If he comes in at eighty nine minutes, then will balance himuntain It'll be fine, perfect. And it's written by William Robertson, who collaborated with Alex on a few of his movies. Robertson is also known for being a writer on movies like twenty fourteen's The Little Rascals Save the Day and twenty seventeen's Woody Woodpecker. We will be.
Speaker 3: Taping a live episode of Magical Rewind at Disney California, The Adventure Park on December fourth, twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: If you live in the Southern California area or if you can be in the Southern California area on December fourth, we have an opportunity for you to join us. Between now and November twenty fourth, twenty twenty five, you can enter for your chance to win tickets to attend The Coast one of three point five private holiday party at Disney California Adventure Park on December fourth, twenty twenty five, including an overnight stay at the Disneyland Resort Hotel for a family of four and two day, one park per day tickets to Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park.
Speaker 3: Plus you'll have the chance to meet us while we're taping an episode of Magical Rewind inside Disneyland California Adventure Park.
Speaker 1: Visit Coast one of three five dot com forward slash Magic Rewind Now to enter for your chance to win. And now, people put the ambulant in the moonlight, because we're bringing twenty ones under wraps back to life. Let's get into it. We love a spooky start here on Magical Rewind, of course we do, and that's what we get here, just like the first movie Scary Music, and we're in the pov of someone or something creeping through shrubbery outside of a house. They eventually hit some clearing and we're looking inside the suburban dwelling. Then we get our under Wraps title treatment. Inside the house, a young boy Ben is playing video games with his babysitter his parents wanted him in bed by ten pm, but he's terrified of the idea. He saw a monster outside his window the other night. It was big and ugly and had warts all over its face. And just like that, we're back in the creepy POV now peeking through the window. You think kids would be scared at this point.
Speaker 2: Little bit, I can see that.
Speaker 3: Not like the first one though, No, the first tie was that first scene was way.
Speaker 1: Scarier, super creepy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, way scarier, y scarier. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The babysitter says she'll prove there are no monsters in his room. She explores everywhere, even as the scary music gets louder. She announces, see nothing is in here, but the windows open, so we know something's up. And then, just as the coast is clear, the door slams shut on Ben, who's watching from the hall. We hear varied ruckuses rockeye sounds whatever coming from the room. I think it's rockeye and Ben and Ben slowly steps away in fear and eventually crash A massive, green, bumpy monster warthead slams through the door. The monster chases after Ben right to the front door, but it won't open, and wartthead is gaining ground, and we reveal it's a movie being shown in a pack theater, just like the first movie. What's the first one? Also Warhead?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought so they kept the same movie. I thought that was cool, very nice. We see two teens, Marshall and Gilbert in their seats. Marshall is having the time of his life, Gilbert is frightened and eventually just runs out of the theater, and I was like, oh, they're staying totally yeah, totally totally honoring the first film. I was like, even, I wonder how close is gonna be?
Speaker 3: Yes, And even still remember in the first movie, we thought Gilbert was gonna be like the lead, yes, and then it was like, oh no, this is not the it's the other kid. So even that, because the way it is like Gilbert's like he's got his anailer. He's the one that's just like a hot mess. And then you realize, of course, Malachi.
Speaker 1: It's of course Malachi. I like the way you're saying his name now with reverence. Gilbert finds refuge outside and quickly uses his inhailer. Marshall joins him, bummed he missed the ending, but scary movies and Halloween, which is coming up on Sunday, just aren't Gilbert's things. Last year, all he did was play ring toss at the Halloween Carnival to win a purple eyed panda stuffy bear that he's wanted since he was a little kid. But this year he's finally gonna win that panda, which is a kind of a weird storyline but okay. He fantasizes about the eventual win, but it's brought back to earth because Marshall needs to go pick stuff up for his Warthhead costume. They enter Ernie's Eerie Emporium, a musty shop filled with vintage costumes and various scary things. They're looking for Buzzy owner, but she's nowhere to be found, and just as Gilbert gets confident with the surroundings, one of the werewolf costumes comes to life and scares him. It is Buzzy. She's running the Halloween Carnival and testing out the costume's ability to scare and is very happy with the results. Anyway, Marshall buys tons of green slime for his costume, and now they're on the walk home. Marshall says he just wants to help Gilbert with his fears, and just as Gilbert denies the claim, an owl makes him jump. It's like, dude, it's bird Relax. Marshall wants his pal to experience the world without fear, and he sees an easy way to start. He wants Gilbert to ding Dong ditch the neighbor, a game that has become a lot less fun now that everybody has ring cameras. Yes, mister Coubot's house. Gilbert is terrified of the thought people call him mister Kilbot because they think he's a serial killer, which is honestly not a great nickname. He could have done a lot of other things with it, but anyway, But now standing in front of Coubot's house, Marshall says Gilbert needs this and sends him on his way. Gilbert slowly approaches the darkened doorway and contemplates his next move. And that's when we hear, what do you want? Mister Kubot is right behind him, and acter wise, I was expecting him to be a little bit older. He's just kind of a middle aged, good looking guy.
Speaker 4: Kin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think it's probably only because of the first movie.
Speaker 2: He was so much older.
Speaker 1: In the first movie, Right Now, a very scared Gilbert pretends he's selling tickets to the carnival, but Coubot screams, get off my porch, and the boy runs away with Marshall. This all feels a little bit like the original Under Wraps, but with a little modernized updates like making Kilbot sexy.
Speaker 3: I think sex might be a little pushing the envelope.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm mister Kilbot. Here's what I'm looking for on Tinder. Swipe right on me? Is it right or left? Which way do you swipe?
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: I don't know either. I don't know what it is. But swipe the way that you want to see me. Right is yes, Left is no, Thank you, Lisa, So swipe left on me. I'm mister Kilbot. Yeah that's what anyway. The neighbor growls and retreats into this house as the boys hide across the street. Gilbert says he'll be having n Mars for the rest of his life. Marshall is now eating dinner with his mom and Ted, who he calls her annoying boyfriend. But Ted doesn't seem annoying at all. He actually seems really nice and wants to know more about Marshall's passion for scary movies. Ted even suggests pumpkin carving, but Marshall calls it kids stuff and is just being well in it. He excuses himself and goes upstairs. Ted understands kids need time, but his mom still follows him to his room. Marshall throws himself on the bed and is soon joined by his mom, who defends Ted. He's making her happy. She divorced his dad five years ago and needs to move on. Which that's a change. They really alluded in the last one to the fact that his dad is dead. Yep, so that's another big Disney change. It's like, yeah, let's make it divorce. We've said before, especially in the modern ones. People the d you can use is divorce, not dead, and this is a perfect example of it. There's no reason to change that other than let's just keep his dad alive, which to me doesn't work as well. It works better when the dad's gone, Like, yes, yeah, it makes morecise.
Speaker 2: He doesn't want his dad to be replaced, Yes.
Speaker 1: Exactly where if they're divorced, it makes sense that it'd be okay to his.
Speaker 3: Dad's probably dating other people too, like, yes, it's it's not as extreme or you.
Speaker 1: Know, one hundred percent agree with you. He's making her happy. She divorces dad years ago and she needs to move on. He thinks they've been doing fine in their own but she promises Ted won't change their relationship. She asks him to trust her, and then she leaves. And then there's a voice for Marsha's walkie talkie. It's Gilbert. He's yelling about mister Coubot's house. The boys pick up binoculars and see him with two other men moving what looks like a dead body into his house. Sure he's an antique dealer, but this looks very suspicious. Marshall thinks it's nothing, but Gilbert isn't so sure. It's now the next day and the boys are on a school field trip to the history museum, good timing and focusing on Egyptian history. Double good timing. Marshall and Gilbert are paired with a new girl, Amy. She moved into her town with her dad and step Dave over the summer, which is a great way to say it. She explained she had two dads. They're divorced, and the dad who lives Here married a dude named Dave, so now he's step Dave, and she thinks this town is very boring. In fact, she hates it. She wants to become an investigative reporter and needs a more active city to make her dreams come true. Her dad said if she doesn't like it here after giving it a chance, she can live with her other dad in Rockport, so she expects to be gone next summer. She also proves to be quite a Halloween fan and a total horror movie expert herself. This obviously impresses Marshall and annoys Gilbert. When Marshall offers her some skdoodle snacks, which I think is a totally made up thing, but I want some skadoodles, a bully named Todd snatches them out of nowhere Ah Todd, and though the boys are too scared to fight back, Amy decides to do something about it. She tells Todd that skadoodles have mulletoll, which is a sugar substitute that makes you have diarrhea, and then, almost like a magic spell, he rushes off to the bathroom, leaving the candy behind for the boys and ready to get his brains out it happens, and it's like you're there until your legs are numb. And now the class is checking out the secrets of the Egyptian Tomb exhibit, again perfect timing. The tour guide introduces the students to a sarcophagus, which is a long word for mummies coffin. She then points to an actual mummy wearing a pretty necklace laying nearby. She says it is assumed to have been a queen, and when asked if they come to life at night, she clarifies that's only in horror movies, and they're not in a horror movie. Wink wink. Also as somebody who loves ancient Egypt all type of antiquities and museums, They're not just gonna have a mummy exposed to the elements. There's no glass, there's no anything. It's like, hey, kids, poke the mummy's eye, right, that's not gonna ever ever happen.
Speaker 3: Actually, what I was thinking, however, I did love this tour guide that they had.
Speaker 2: I thought she was so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah she's great. The teacher, yeah, oh no, the tour guide you mean, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever she was. I thought she was so good. I don't.
Speaker 3: For some reason, I kept going, God, she's just really good, like her her playfulness with the kids. Like I'm like, I'd love to be on.
Speaker 2: A tour with this lady.
Speaker 1: She's amazing. But I also like, so, well, well, we'll get into it here, because this was why I thought this remake worked very well. But anyway, Amy notices there are two sarcopha guy, but only one mummy, and that's because there was a second mummy, believed to be the High Priest, and they were in love, but their families were bitter rivals, so they conspired to rest together in death, but the tomb was raided and whisked away to separate exhibits, so they went a little more Romeo and Juliet with this one. And though this exhibit was supposed to reunite them, the High Priest was stolen on his way here. Now this plot point is very similar to the original. I liked how they strayed a bit, though it was rival families. I think last time it was more class. They weren't in the same class. But I liked that it's rival families. I guess I could see how people would think this was boring compared to the last one, but I liked how they went kind of Romeo and Juliet with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't think it was born at all. Honestly, I feel like the way it was explained to us this time stuck with me more in knowing where we were going with this Mummy, Like what the point of this Mummy was?
Speaker 1: It was explained first were this was the last movie. Was like in the middle it was yeah.
Speaker 2: It was yeah.
Speaker 3: Almost towards the end it felt like, so we didn't like this one. I actually understood, even though the kids didn't really know what they were looking to do. As a viewer, I felt like I knew where we were going with it versus I agree. I mean wild in a town with the Mummy that no one really smells, and yeah, yes.
Speaker 1: Set up set up the story, which is what they did here, which was done better here than I thought in the original one, where it's like they're talking, you know the love story, you know they're supposed to be together. Then by the time you meet the Mummy for the first time, you're like, oh, he's in love, Like I want to get him back to his love. It's that's already there. So it like it humanizes the mummies a little more, and I liked how it laid out the story, so I was I agree with you on hundred percent. The next day at school, Marshall and Gilbert talk about how cool Amy is but don't get why she hates their town. Gilbert blames it all and the friend she misses, so Marshall wonders they should ask her to hang out, which was a very funny beat because she's overhearing the entire conversation. Says, you guys have to learn how to whisper, and she says yes, since she wants to be an investigative reporter. The boy suggests they investigate mister Kubat and that weird burlap sack he was moving. Amy quickly puts two and two together, not something we're very used to in d COM's, and realizes this could be the stolen mummy they just learned about. She's found her story again, moving us along.
Speaker 3: I like that very much, but like kind of like, oh, well, duck, he's obviously it was a.
Speaker 2: Little fast for me. I was kind of like, he's.
Speaker 1: He's a smart one, all right, Amy?
Speaker 2: Where are you?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 2: Is Daddy Dave? Actually mister Kubot, like, what's happening?
Speaker 1: How do you know? Telling you she knew what was up? Amy's got it going on, so Amy, of course wants to see this big burlap sack with her own eyes. Hope I never have to say that sentence again. So they decide to meet back at Cubat's at eight to make their move, and when the time arrives, they up to the dark house and realize that nobody's home. Amy breaks into the basement and Gilbert again like the last movie, and Gilbert wants to turn back immediately, so Marshall and Amy decide to search the area, but now alone at the entrances lookout scaredy, Gilbert is the one to bump into the burlap back bump into the burlap bag, and upon further inspection, it is an Egyptian tomb, and when he tries to pick it up, the coffin opens, revealing the mummy and terrifying the boy. The mummy is hideous and also wearing a shiny necklace, and then smash falls right out and on top of him, smothering him on the ground. He screams and struggles, eventually freeing himself and running out yelling Mummy the whole time, and now just laying on the ground alone. The moonlight shines on the mummy, forcing the necklace to sparkle, and then slowly he starts to move. Gilbert catches up to Amy and Marshall to show them the mummy, but it's gone, and just when they start to doubt him, they hear a low rumbling and then the Mummy reappears, screaming at them. The three kids scurry off and the mummy shuffles close behind. They try to hide in an office but can't open the door because it's the Mummy's getting closer and now they're trapped. But then the sounds stop. Everything calms down, and just as the kids feel safe, the Mummy breaks through the wall and rushes at them. They scream at the top of their lugs and beg for mercy, but instead of attacking, he just hands them back their flashlight. He seems harmless and well confused. Amy kindly approaches the mummy and they touch hands, and just as they're getting to know each other, a car pulls into the driveway. Ow it looks like they're about to be caught. Coubot's coming back. The kids rush out of the house to avoid Kubot. Amy apologizes to the Mummy and they leave just in time. Kubot and his two thugs walk in and instantly notice the damage and then realize the Mummy is gone. He proclaims, whoever did this is gonna pay now. Outside the house, Amy wants to write all about it, but the boys just want to pretend it never happened. And next thing you know, the Mummy is now running at them in the street but just wants some help. The kids fight over who can take him home, and Marshall is forced to volunteer. So once at home, he sneaks the Mummy in through the laundry room, tiptoeing behind his mom and Ted on the couch, who are watching a black and white Mummy movie. You know that hot Nate movie from the thirties star in Boris Karlov. Let's put on that original Mummy movie and then get busy. Yeah, to get them in the mood. I guess that's what they're watching. And on his way to the stairs, our Mummy sees the Mummy on TV and makes a b line for it. Marshall pulls him back into the laundry room just in time, missing a glance from his mom and of course Ted, who offer him pizza, but he just wants to get upstairs with his new mummy as fast as possible, leaving his mommy to go upstairs with his mummy. Thank you very much. I've always wanted to say that. And so once upstairs, the mummy starts to make himself at home. He eventually spots the warthead mask and jumps in fear, then starts eating a sock and on cue, his mom knocks and enters with pizza. The mummy hides behind the door, and though she smells something putrid, he gets away with it. It was a close call. So he showers the mummy with ocean breeze and shares the pizza with him, adding some hot sauce for taste, and when and when the mummy takes a bite, he erupts like a tea kettle, grabbing the hot sauce bottle and downing what's left. He absolutely loves it. Once finished, he lets out a massive burp. Marshall is shocked and kind of impressed, and since the only other person he knows who loves hot sauce that much was his grandpa, Harold. He decides the name the mummy Harold, which is weird because the Mummy probably has a name.
Speaker 3: But anyway, yeah, that made me kind of go, wait, what why is he Harold?
Speaker 2: Why is he Harold?
Speaker 3: And then I couldn't remember if I remember what they called him in the last movie.
Speaker 1: Later, Marshall sleeps in bed while Harold sleeps on the floor right next to him and snores loudly. It keeps Marshall up most of the night because Mummy snore and there were no seapat machines in ancient Egypt. They didn't have them. The next morning, Marshall is running late for school and leaves Harold at home, begging him not to break anything while he's gone, which seems like that's gonna be rough. Amy and Gilbert meet him at the door to walk to school and they talk about the Mummy, who's already getting busy in Marshall's room. He ventures into the rest of the house and gets instantly scared at his own reflection, which makes sense because he hasn't seen himself mummified. At school, Marshall and Gilbert are finishing their Ancient Egyptian class, which again is some great timing with everything going on in their life right now, and it's like it's like they find a werewolf and they're in werewolf school, and now they can team up for a creative project. They can basically do anything creative. So Marshall volunteers him Amy and Gilbert to make a movie. But little does the teacher know, he wants to make a real Mummy movie. And this is when I started going, Oh, I really like this version of the movie, Like, what a great idea. You know they're gonna use the Mummy to do something for a school project. He gets to actually make a Mummy movie with a Mummy. I was like, what a great little twist and side quest. And I just thought that this is one of the reasons where I was like, I'm kind of digging this remake same.
Speaker 2: I loved it. I loved the idea of it me too.
Speaker 1: Back at the house, Harold is knocking stuff over in the kitchen and becoming very interested in the TV remote, which he accidentally covers in honey and gets stuck to his hand. He eventually shakes it free, basically gluing it to the ceiling, then starting a fight with the family's rumba to escape, Harold walks out the front door and right into the unsuspecting neighborhood. Now at school, Marshall is about to be dismissed and focused on getting hold to Harold as soon as possible, and when he does, him and Gilbert are shocked to see the door wide open. The mummy once again is missing. Harold is now aimlessly walking down the street and passerbys assume it's just a Halloween costume and want nothing to do with him, And then he spots it a bus add for the Secrets of Egypt exhibit, and he sees a picture of the princess and immediately knows what he's looking for, and now on their hunt. The kids run into mister Kilbot, who very aggressively questions them about the robbery. The group assures him they had nothing to do with it and leave. We cut to Harold now hanging on to a speeding bus by some of the mummy wrap that's stuck to the bumper. He's basically water skiing a bus. It eventually snaps and he's laid out on the street, but luckily lands right in front of the History Museum. Bingo Marshall, Amy and Harold are still walking the streets trying to find Harold, trying to put themselves into his bandages. Get it, get it, come on, get it, And that's when they stumble onto the History Museum. The luck of these characters constantly stumbling on the places they got in.
Speaker 3: It's just all small town with a giant museum, Yes.
Speaker 1: Exactly, it's the tiny town with the Guggenheim. It's like, wow, we've only got nine thousand people in this town, but some great museums, Like, what are the chances? They agree that the museum is worth a try, and it doesn't take long to find him. He's hunched over the princess, visibly distraught because again there's no glass separating anything, so weird. Harold quickly points out the matching necklaces, which the kids deduce with some sort of like ancient engagement ring. He wants to be back together with her, Obviously. They encourage Harold to leave or they're gonna get in a big trouble, and right then a security guard enters, warning them not to touch the exhibits, which that guy was working at the louver. They apologize and leave, pretending that Harold is just a Halloween costume, which you know I can buy that perfect time to do this kind of thing in a Halloween movie. It's like you can actually have a mummy walking the streets and people are gonna be like, hey, great costume. They know Harold will try to return to his girlfriend first chance he gets, so they rush to Buzzy to get her monster her expert advice. She can't believe she's seeing a real life mummy. She's also read the story about the stolen Mummy in the newspaper. While the group works it all out, Harold has found a TV and is emulating a dance he sees to a song called Bop Damn Bones. Let's just say he would not get good scores from Bruno carry in maybe, but definitely not Bruno. Buzzy takes a closer look at the amulet necklace and finds a hieroglyphic inscription on the back. She can translate it, but it's gonna take some time. We cut to a mysterious mansion. Wow, this is where it got super weird. Inside, an older woman in a red dress, Missus Ravensworth, is served a whole baby octopus as a meal. Just as she's about to dig in. It's like it might as well have been a puppy with what they're trying to do. Like it was so weird, but it was also just like, come on, she write justice, she's about to dig in. Kubat enters. Ravensworth immediately can't understand how someone can be so careless. Kubat has given forty eight hours to recover the mummy with Coffin or she gets her money back with a hefty and painful penalty. He leaves and she eats her baby octopus like a psychopath. It is the creepiest scene where she like cuts off the tentacle and then she's like sucking the tentacle into her mouth and while moaning. It was so it was like, ah, there's the minute you gotta cut Alex, there's the minute you know.
Speaker 3: I'm cracking up though, because so Monroe loves sushi and her first favorite thing is octopus, like favorite, she's the biggest little weirdo Jordan's loves loves october.
Speaker 2: H No, she hasn't not not there.
Speaker 3: But no when she eats like a big thing, because she'll get like a whole piece like sashimi and just sits there and just not like just gnaws on it every single time. I'm like, you are such a weird kid. I never say it to her, but it's so funny to me. Out of all the things of sushi, octopus is her absolute favorite. She will go, she will go through two orders of sashimi.
Speaker 2: She's five. Yes, it's the.
Speaker 3: Weirdest thing, but I couldn't stop thinking of it during this scene, like, ew, Monroe, that's what you're gonna look like.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it was older, super creepy. What was happening? So anyway, the next morning, I'm learning so much about your family. The next morning, the kids are prepping their big Mummy movie, The Mummy's Awesome Revenge. When Marshall's mom and Ted pop in, there's no way to hide Harold now, so they introduce him as a kid from school who's been held back several years and it's now playing their Mummy. They buy the story, and Ted actually brought over some spare costumes to help. Good old Ted.
Speaker 2: Ted's great, amazing dude, so sweet and adorable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Marshall still isn't supporting this new relationship. Once Ted's gone, Amy explains how hard it was at first when her dad remarried, but now she's very close with the new husband. It was a nice kind of moment. They get back to work on the movie, which I deduce they were shooting in some CPA color thirty five millimeter and involves stunts, props and a DIY claymation. And this movie they're making in the movie might be better than Fuzzbucket. It's possibly, it's certainly possible. It's not better than that Zendaya movie. Thanks. Amy and Gilbert play explorers who find the coffin and reveal Harold, who's supposed to act fierce but is having trouble. We also see one of my favorite things in the world, kid actors pretending to be bad actors, which god, I just love they I do anytime a kid actor has to play bad, it has to do bad acting. There's almost no one better at it in the world than Ben Savage. It was just oh, Chef's kiss. It was really It's pretty awesome. They eventually nail the scene and then Buzzy calls in with an emergency. They run to her store and she's finally translated the symbols. She's learned. The amulet is basically a three day pass back to the living, activated by moonlight. It reads this amulet will raise the dead for three days, and they will live instead, but in their coffin they must be by midnight on day three, or doom for ever they will be throughout all of eternity. Thank you. I feel like I need a cigarette job. They all acknowledge. This sounds heavy, because if he doesn't follow the instructions ending up back of the coffin by midnight tomorrow, he can just turn into dust, which I.
Speaker 2: Didn't understand how they did.
Speaker 3: They decided it was dust.
Speaker 1: Either, There's no where did it say dust because dust doesn't rhyme with the movie?
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna go just.
Speaker 1: Was okay, me too, And now they have to say goodbye to their new friend, which is visibly rough on Marshall. They quickly get to coubots and plan on breaking back in, returning Harold to the coffin, then calling the museum with an anonymous tip to save the day, all without the scary neighbor ever finding out. But he's home and his goons are moving the coffin into a truck to take it to the plant quote unquote. Finally, some bad movie timing because that hasn't happened so far. There's been great timing in this movie. Now finally some bad timing. And to make matters worse, we see that Gilbert dropped his inhaler in the house, and so when Kubat accidentally steps on it, he figures out who's responsible for these shenanigans. Monkey Shines, goings On and Tufer all for the record.
Speaker 2: Goings On is my favorite, I know.
Speaker 1: And now the next morning we've got Marshall, Amy, Harold, and Gilbert all hanging in Gilbert's clubhouse, and the Mummy is still loving his hot sauce. The kids are researching Cubot and coming up with well, nothing, so they shift their focus to the moving truck they saw take the coffin away, and that's when there's a knock on the door. It's Cubat with one of his thugs. He's looking for Gilbert Anderson, the name on the inhaler and the only time we hear or care about the character's last name. So he demands they open the door, but Gilbert has an idea they'll escape through the secret escape patch, which is clearly marked secret escape patch. Coubot's thugs knocked the door down, but the kids run out the back, but they don't get very far. They're caught by the bad guys and they deny that they have any connection to a mummy, but they make a deal with Kubot. If they tell him where the mummy is, he promises to leave them alone. He agrees, and Marshall says he's right behind you, and he is. He's coming right for Kubot. When the henchmen try to stop him, he quickly knocks them out with choking slams with the small window for the kids to escape. Along with Harold. They take off, leaving Cubat and his men even angrier. We cut to the kids and the Mummy running full speed through early Halloween festivities, trying to come up with a plan, and that's when they run into Ted Marshall's mom's boyfriend, who is trick or treating and dressed like a hollow easter bunny. Okay, now, reminder, now this is a full grown man. Did I get this wrong? Well, he's trick or treating by himself as like a forty five year old dude, right in a.
Speaker 2: Full head to toe costume.
Speaker 3: He's not wearing like a king's crown type thing, like he's got a whole costume on. And it's also daytime. Yeah, it's not during the night, which you know, when you have younger kids, you do trick or treat a little bit earlier. Sure, but it was so strange. But then as they start talking, you obviously know where this is going and why he is the one that's doing.
Speaker 2: This, I guess, But.
Speaker 3: I feel like he could have just been getting stuff out of his car about to go into their house.
Speaker 2: He didn't need to like actually be trick or treating, And I wasn't.
Speaker 1: Really you're big in Halloween. What's the cutoff age? When is it just creepy that you're dressed up by yourself? Mind you? So I'm not talking about when you're going with kids. What's the cutoff age to be actually knocking on somebody's door and asking for candy dressed up?
Speaker 3: I feel like junior high is kind of a little older for kids to be trick or treating.
Speaker 1: So let's say eleven you.
Speaker 3: Get into yeah, like, well, no, junior high, it's like until like twelve or thirteen, So by the.
Speaker 1: Time you're a teenager, she were doing it, right.
Speaker 3: It was some one even that age by themselves. You're kind of like in that you open the door for them to trick or treat, you're kind of rolling your eyes, like right, kid, like save a little bit, save ten dollars and just go get a.
Speaker 2: Bag of Halloween candy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 1: It was. This was weird. Anyway. Before they leave, Amy asked Ted, a local to the area for his entire life, about the moving truck with the penguin logo on the side. He reveals it's from Aaron's Ice Cream, a shop that went out of business years ago and has an abandoned warehouse nearby. We are now back at Marshall's. His mom is alone because her boyfriend apparently is a trigger treating like a twelve year old by himself. Again, so weird. Imagine it's Halloween and you open your door and it's a grown man by himself, dressed up, wanting candy.
Speaker 3: Also dressed his costume was so weird. I'm a hollow Easter bunny.
Speaker 1: It was, yes, yes, okay, yeah, it's so weird. Anyway, we like this movie, we do. There's yeah. So anyway, anyway, moving on, there's someone at Marshall's door. And when it is mom opens it. It's Coubot. He's looking for Marshall, but is interrupted when Big Baby Ted returns with all his adult trick or treat candy, now claiming he wants to donate it to local kids. But we see through your facade, weirdo, good excuse Unknowingly, Ted just babbles out to evil Coubat that the kids and their friend dressed like a bummy are on their way to the Halloween carnival. Way to go, Ted, and.
Speaker 2: They are just hit down like seven notches on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, way to go. You were super high up. Now you're an adult that goes trick or treating by yourself. Now you're giving away your kids location.
Speaker 2: You away your kid's location.
Speaker 1: You don't know this guy, dude, Yeah, seriously, and well they are. They're on their way to the Halloween carnival. On the way, they're chatting about this ice cream factory. How are they going to get there? It's ten miles out of town. Marshall says Buzzy can drive them, but to go talk to her at the carnival, they need costumes, so they swing by a vintage shop to improvise with some very half outfits. Now, they told Ted they were going to the carnival, but they're just deciding to go and see Buzzy first. So yeah, it's seemed like a bit of a script error because they they would have known they needed costumes to go see Buzzy.
Speaker 3: I almost wonder if in the script, for some reason, this scene was actually before they.
Speaker 1: Ran into That's what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, during for whatever reason, during because it was still daytime when they were at the costumes shop, but for whatever reason they ended up flipping it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah it made sense to me either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It's some kind of an error. Well maybe when else comes on, we'll ask him. Walking out of the vintage store, Amy is basically Amelia Earhart, Marshall is a cheap version of the Lion King, and Gilbert is a gnome sort of and Harold is dressed like the Invisible Man, which is a fun nod to another universal monster, one that Marshall's mom and Ted probably watched to get all horned up exactly. But time is running out, so they must get him back to the coffin. They arrive at the carnival and we get some good decom set design here, very Halloween and some cool skeletons that are on stilts. Harold is obviously scared of that bully. Todd is dressed as a serial killer. I love.
Speaker 2: Was so funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not a great costume, but a pretty great costume. But that doesn't stop them at all from trying to insult the kids and pushing Marshall. And this doesn't make Harold happy. He loudly growls, shocking the entire event and sending Todd face first into a cake on the nearby table, which is a callback to the first time that Marshall I guess did that to him. They they mentioned he pushed him into his cake by accident in a birthday party, so he did the same thing back. And now Marshall and Amy are off to find Buzzy while Gilbert is on mummy duty.
Speaker 3: Next the next movie is gonna be like it's personal to Todd.
Speaker 1: It's a home moving about Todd just trying to kill everybody. It's just going crazy that I'll watch Once Amy and Marshall get to Buzzy's pig Mouth haunted house. The line is very long and on the other side of the carnival, Gilbert gets distracted by a ring toss. That is a very important prize, that purple eyed panda. He must win it, but he keeps coming up short, and so Harold wants to try it too, and with one throw he shatters two full rolls of bottles, just breaks every single one of them. And then he notices a nearby teacher dressed up as Cleopatra and thinks it's a real Egyptian princess. So this is callbacks to when that was supposed to be a key party in the last one where there is she's basically like, hey, you're a mummy, go back and do me at my house. Yeah, and we were like.
Speaker 2: This is so weird, it strange.
Speaker 1: So they get a nod to it here, but in a much better way.
Speaker 3: He wasn't doing He wasn't like super suggestively dancing, but like at the same time, it's like worth Our whole mission is to get you back to your other chick, and now you're doing.
Speaker 2: This, Harold.
Speaker 1: Harold, Harold, I understand.
Speaker 2: Things were done differently in your day, but we.
Speaker 3: Are now in twenty twenty getting some Egyptian strange man.
Speaker 1: What's going on, you may not, sir. Yeah. He races up to her, trying to identify himself as her long lost love, but the woman thinks he just wants to dance, and we get some real awkward moves, but the teacher seems to like it, and now a lot of people are watching along. Meanwhile, Amy and Marshall finally make it to the haunted House, which to his credit, it's pretty creepy, but still they're having trouble finding Buzzy, and at the same time Coubot and his two wise guys arrive. Harold is still busting a move and honestly, it's kind of killing it on the dance floor, mimicking the dances he saw on the TV earlier, which to me was absolutely a nod to camp by Me Love, but that's a whole different thing. And an even bigger crowd has formed around him, but it's not enough to block Kubot, who has spotted the Mummy. But they realize all of a sudden there's a lot of mummies at this party, so they're going to have to pay attention, and they do because Team Coubot spots the dancing mummy. Gilbert grabs Harold and runs off, but the bad guys aren't far behind. The kids run through the haunted house and are all reunited with Buzzy. They sprint to her car, but Coubot's men cut them off. They've been officially caughcked. Just as Harold squares up to fight, Kubat himself sneaks up from behind and steals the sacred necklace. Now naked of his jewelry, Harold freezes then falls to the ground. He has once again become a lifeless mummy. The evil Kubat knew that was the source of his powers. And then the thugs, who because of subtitles we learned are named Gordo and Hirsh, which didn't matter at all, take the monster away to deliver to the buyer, and Kubat menacingly tells the kids to forget everything they saw. So, hey, at least they weren't he wasn't gonna kill him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but also, why would you ever ever think that kids are not going to turn around and go tell the pers adult they see.
Speaker 1: But what are they gonna tell? I mean, hey, the mummy that came to life that guy stole well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was like in the paper, it was like, but he's going to deliver the mysterious situation.
Speaker 1: And what he is going to deliver it so it'll be gone, he won't have it anymore. Well, I gotta think like a criminal, bro, you gotta think more like a criminal.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Marshall is obviously devastated. He's not willing to give up. With a couple hours left before midnight, friends don't abandon friends, so they decide to do whatever they can to keep the Mummy from turning to dust. They hop into Buzzies Hurst Weird and speed off for the ice cream factory, where they know Coubat brought the precious cargo for Ravensworth. That was a tough sentence to say.
Speaker 3: People, But I do remember their magic friend or their friend that was in like the magic had the Magic store. Yeah, basically Buzzy's other care. It was a man last one. He had a funky car too. I remember when they jumped in. I'm like he had some kind of.
Speaker 1: Weird It was probably like a hearse as well in the field with all the stuff in the back. Yep. Yes, yeah, they definitely kept to the They did the spirit of the original one and sometimes right to the story of the original one. I just thought they cleaned it up enough to make it flow a little better. Yes, yeah, because we liked the original one. If memory serves, we did.
Speaker 2: We did a lot.
Speaker 3: There was there was a couple of things that were kind of like weirkers, but it was still it was it was good.
Speaker 1: We did like I think so too. On the way, Marshall pitches breaking into the factory, creating a distraction and putting Harold back in the coffin for a return to the museum. Gilbert isn't sold. They need an idea of how to distract the thugs, and Buzzy has an idea. She has strobe lights, web guns, sound effects machines, and fake spiders from a haunted house, all in the back of her car, perfect just like the last movie. Now inside the factory, Kubat is presenting Harold to the Ravensworth lady. He unveils the coffin, but nothing inside of it. Ravensworth is not interested in the coffin without the Mummy, so Kubat plays it cool and leads her to Harold, who is now chained up to a pole. Ravensworth is concerned why is the Mummy not in his coffin and being held captive. Kubat now knows how valuable the mummy is and wants more money. He says his deal was for the dead mummy, not a living one. He places a necklace back on Harold and reveals the magic Ravensworth is shocked. She had no idea. Harold roars in anger. Kubat once again removes the necklace, setting it down nearby, and renegotiation begins. Buzzy and the kids finally get to the factory, but Gilbert chickens out he just can't do it, so he leaves for home. Now down a man, the gang enters and will distract the guards, then put the ambulant back on Harold, and when he wakes up, he'll attack the bad guys. At the same time, Gilbert is on his way home and frustrated with himself, especially after he gets spooked by an owl again. Dude, it's a bird. But it turns into a very cute scene of him arguing with the owl in a very self reflective way because the camp animal keeps asking who, and he keeps answering him, and in the end it's a successful pep talk because he stops his way towards the factory to face his fears. It was a very cute scene.
Speaker 2: I love this scene. I thought it was so funny.
Speaker 3: He's like literally having like an actual conversation and the owls, who's make total sense.
Speaker 1: It's great. He had some very funny scene. The other one I loved is when he's.
Speaker 4: Like, of course we can't do it. We're twelve one two twelve two one two twelve.
Speaker 3: They gave him some funny, good comic, like some comedy options.
Speaker 1: Liked it this movie a lot. And inside, the other kids have successfully distracted the guards with some of the Buzzy's Halloween stuff. The henchmen split up to see where the noise came from, and it's Buzzy, frozen again in the werewolf costume. She scares the thugs then runs away. At the same time, Ravensworth's personal guards find one of Buzzy's remote control spiders, followed by Ann with a silly string gun. But the plan backfires and we have another chase in our hands. And now Marshall is approaching the un man Harold, and just as he gets close to the Amulet, the guards barge in with their new prisoners, Buzzy and Amy Kubot and Ravens were stop their negotiations to address the unwanted visitors. Kubot promises he'll take care of them, but wants to wrap up the deal first. Marshall goes into full sabotage mode, telling them to get the mummy back in the coffin or he'll turn to dust. This interests the buyer. She wants to know more. Coubot's hurt enough, though, these kids need to be maybe killed now. Now he's thinking maybe killed possibly, and we think he could do it. And then we hear Gilbert's voice. He's returned, and he's in the rafters. He finds a rope and swings down, grabbing the amulet in the process, then crashing into a pla boxes. After a few seconds of thinking he was dead, he emerges with the necklace. The guards around him, but he won't give it up. Marshall yells to think of his beloved purple panda, Stuffy, and so Gilbert fantasizes about his carnival ring tossing skills. Gilbert takes a deep breath and throws the necklace at Harold. It flies in the air, traveling in slow motion, eventually landing right around the Mummy's neck, waking him up and once again he is mad. He breaks out of the chains and attacks the bodyguards, even Ravenworth's security, who was very good with a bow. Apparently his power is unfathomable. Coubot and Ravensworth Becky try to run, but Marshall brags that they're running towards their trap. He presses a button and a huge swinging skull knocks them out. Everyone congratulates Harold. Then they tie up the bad guys and call the cops. Gilbert says the thing that he's most afraid of is losing his friends, and with just thirty minutes left, they need to get Harold back into coffin, but it got destroyed in the melee. Uh oh. Then they remember there's an empty coffin from the museum that everyone took photos in, and it's the only option they have, so they're hoping this is going to be a loophole and it'll work. They speed there and Harold breaks in through the locked doors. They set up the coffin and Harold quickly moves his girlfriend into the moonlight, and with that, her ambulet gloves and she awakens. They embrace, finally back together after four thousand years. They look so happy together which makes Marshall think about his mom and Ted. Maybe he's been a little hard headed after all, we set the hole. But that's fine. But time is running out, so the kid's given a motion he's not his character was for a little while there. I'm kiddy, I know. But time is running out. So the kids give an emotional goodbye to their new bestiat with a hug from Marshall's very sweet Harold shuffles his way into his new coffin just in time. With one last bottle of hot sauce for the road. He touches his princess's hand and they recline in peace. The coffin covers magically fly back into place, and that is it buzzying. The kids drive off in the hearse just as the cops arrive. The next day, Marshall's eating breakfast while watching news coverage of the mummy robbery and then the return and arrest of Coubot and his friends. Also, video from Harold dancing at the carnival has gone viral. Then the doorbell rings. It's Ted with pastries. Come on, and now Marshall is very nice to him, and Ted can't believe it. Also, he announces that there are boxes of bird seed at their front door. Why why don't Why don't I get this? I get this.
Speaker 2: I had no idea. I even rewatched like a.
Speaker 3: Good fifteen minutes back when they were last, like whenever we were last at the parents' house or around it to understand about the bird seeds. They had to think they could think of it was that, Yeah, was that something?
Speaker 2: What do you think though?
Speaker 3: That what was had something to do with it would have had to do with Gilbert's character, right like the birds?
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean I honestly, I truthfully don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't either.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 3: You wound it and was like, I don't know. I have no idea what that was about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't. I didn't understand it either. I was like, what what?
Speaker 2: What is?
Speaker 1: What's going on? Who? Because I wasn't.
Speaker 2: Anything with Cobo that had anything to do with that. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: There wasn't something like they saved somebody to help somebody who then rewarded them with bird seed. There was nothing. There was nothing. It was like, which, hey, but at least it would make some sort of sense. Yeah, this guy might as well have just come in and be like, hey, by the way, there's a dead.
Speaker 2: Horse in the car.
Speaker 1: Like the other thing.
Speaker 2: We're going to have to ask Galxy.
Speaker 1: It made no sense. Ted kisses Marshall's mom and he Marshall isn't affected at all. He even smiles about it. Marshall proceeds to ask Ted to be in his next movie as a victim in a vampire story. He's realized if Ted makes his mom happy, then they should be happy together, and then he snorts a whole bunch of bird seed. That didn't happen. Now, back at school, our three favorite students meet up and celebrate Amy's new gig as a newspaper's investigative reporter. She now loves her new hometown and promised the inside scoop about the Mummy to the paper, which is I think a very bad idea. Even the boy seemed weirded out by her blabbering mouth. What are you thinking? That's not the right way to go. But anyway, they decide to go see Warthead later, and now even Gilbert is looking forward to it. Fun little easter egg here there are kids in the background shooting TikTok's doing Harold's big viral dance. Did you see that? Yes, yep, And though we may feel like it's the end of the movie, it's not. We find ourselves back at the museum. A security guard is patrolling the Egyptian room at night, and that's when we see Harold's hand open the coffin that hangs a sign that reads the end. And now it is the official end of our movie. Soa brinick, can we do some real reviews? Yes?
Speaker 3: Wait, but do you think they were tiktoks or more like? Because TikTok in twenty twenty is twenty twenty one, twenty twenty one? Was that a round enough?
Speaker 1: Maybe they were doing a vine?
Speaker 2: Do it on the channel?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It wasn't vines? Was it vine?
Speaker 1: Could have could have just been Instagram at the time.
Speaker 2: Lisa saying yes yes to big ding dong.
Speaker 1: She did not call you a ding dong. By the way, For fun this year, for Christmas, I'm just gonna have a whole load of bird seed deliver to your house for no reading. Can you take our five star review this time?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's from our good friend ooh named coming back again with another five star. Our family sat down together to watch this and we all enjoyed it. It's perfect for school age kids who like Goofy Fair but aren't quite ready for more traditionally scary movies. The child cast was great too, and I can see it becoming a standard Halloween film for Disney and they should consider a sequel. Well, we have good news for you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, uh okay, I have the one star and this is from Matthew silver Hammer. Okay, I'm guessing he's a Viking. I wish I could give it zero stars. Et beats the Burbs meets Para, Norman meets some hot garbage. The only thing worth noting here is there's a fairly subtle Easter Egg reference in this derivatively boring Disney Channel original movie to Zombies, another Disney Channel original movie. I caught this both immediately and proudly, so that's where my life is right now. One star.
Speaker 2: What was the Easter egg reference?
Speaker 1: Well, it's the guy that the person who was dressed like in the in you know you saw he was He was dressed like z in one of the one of the Halloween costumes was clearly z oh No. I think that was supposed to be sad and Addison. I think that's what Okay, that was my guest.
Speaker 3: I didn't see the girl, okay, I just saw him and was like, huh.
Speaker 1: She might not Addison might not have been there. It might just have been zed, but it was clearly supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Okay, I took the green hair as the joker.
Speaker 1: All right, well, we are now coming to Sabrina's favorite portion of the podcast. I also think a producer Jensen hasn't been on with us a lot, so we've been winning because the big evil man hasn't been here. R One this week is called Freaky Facts. With our Halloween celebration in full swing, it's time to learn a little bit more about the holiday. We will be told a fact about October thirty first, and we must pick one answer from the options. Three out of five wins. Who's going to be playing with us today?
Speaker 5: You got producer Mikaela Yay.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. Number one. Halloween comes from an ancient Celtic festival marking the end of the harvest and the start of winter, a time where the line between the living and the dead was blurred. Was that festival a Lockshide, b Bansheen, see Barlaine or d Shawin What do you think it is Sabrina.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm gonna go with with that weird word.
Speaker 1: Well, that's Celtic. I'm gonna go with a lockshide it is d Oh.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 1: She actually gave us the answer, because why else would she look it up? That's what I was thinking. Number two, Halloween is the second biggest holiday for candy. The number one holiday is a Christmas, B Easter, CEE, New Year's Eve, or d Thanksgiving. It's gotta be Easter, right, Yeah, the Easter baskets and the chocolate and everything. I'm gonna say. I'm gonna say b Easter.
Speaker 3: You guys are correct, Yes, Okay, I would have thought, I mean, he didn't give it to us, but Valentine's Day would have been up there too.
Speaker 1: Oh I could see that. Which mysteriously spooky icon died on Halloween? Was it a Vincent Price, b Alfred Hitchcock, C. Clive Barker or D Harry Houdini.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm gonna go a see.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna think it's Houdini. I'm gonna say, D Harry Houdini.
Speaker 5: You're correct?
Speaker 1: Well, D whoa, because I figured he died he was he was doing a trick I figured on Halloween. I think he died because he was punched in the stomach.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: He said I could take any shot, and some guy came in punching in the stomach and like ruptured a spleen or something like that. I might be getting some of that story wrong, but I think it's something like that. Number four, candy corn wasn't the Halloween staples first name that was weird. That was a chicken feed, B harvest sweets, C cobbers or D plastic. Wait, what do you think candy corn used to be called?
Speaker 2: He looks so good?
Speaker 1: Chicken feed exactly? Random random door bird feed, a chickened. Oh my god, that can't be right. I'm gonna go with B harvest sweets.
Speaker 5: It's a there was chicken feed, of course they didn't, so yeah, why would you call it chicken feel my god?
Speaker 1: All right? Number five, bobbing for apples was invented with a different goal in mind. Was it originally thought to a it would be a successful attempt to ward away evil for two years. Be the first retrieve an apple is the next to Mary see last to get an apple must sleep outside for the night or d if you lose a tooth while playing, you're unable to bear children. Jesus got dark real quick.
Speaker 2: I think it's the beat. The first to retrieve an apple is the next to get married.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say a successful attempt would ward away evil for two years. I'm gonna say a.
Speaker 2: Brina is killing it.
Speaker 1: She won, you won, You kill that you won? It is a which is the Halloween queen. I'm telling you right there, unbelievable. I heard one yesterday that was very interesting, which is that in medieval times, when you sneezed, they believe that that was your soul trying to escape your body. So to protect you from that, they would have God bless you when you sneezed. So that's where God bless you comes from.
Speaker 2: Oh there you go.
Speaker 1: Something else. So now I won too. I didn't. Actually I lost badly. Sure I can't. Am I a awesome, be amazing, see incredible or d all of the above. D I want yay? Can we do a Sabrina ces please?
Speaker 2: Oh? Man? Okay.
Speaker 3: One thing is that because I just seem to keep running into her so often, I do have to notice. Because now dancing with the Stars is obviously a big thing on our podcast. You're an expert. Now you've got your own podcast. Danielle's podcast is thriving. Malachi's mom is one of the singers on Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 1: Isn't that amazing?
Speaker 2: It's so cool.
Speaker 3: So I ran into her when I went to see to watch the show again and it was like, that's one of the things she told me when we first met at the premiere. But I've just ran into her so often and I'm like, she would be a great person to have come on the pot as having your child, like and you know, go from he's been on a star for so long, but now he's like like, yeah, get the mind as well as she's his manager as well as working in the industry herself.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Definitely interesting.
Speaker 3: Yes, uh so Gilbert's voice, do we my question with you, because obviously you are the master of all voices.
Speaker 1: Until my sin is probably always sound like I'm sick. Yes?
Speaker 3: Do we think that's his voice voice? Do you think this was a voice that he chose for his character? Now, also knowing that he is into voice acting himself.
Speaker 1: No, I think that's probably pretty close to his real voice at the time, you think so, I do I do. I can see why you wouldn't think.
Speaker 2: So extreme that. I was like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: I've never seen any of his other stuff, but I'll bet you I don't know why. I bet you that was his voice.
Speaker 2: I need to I need to go into that a little bit more. Did it.
Speaker 3: Did it jump out to you how many leaf transitions we had?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: My god, there was actually.
Speaker 2: So many leaf transitions. It was just insane.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't know, maybe you know a little bit more about mummies, but what was the point of him having like pretty much the jawline and tooth placement of like a pug dog.
Speaker 2: I don't know why were they on his lip?
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean yeah, I don't know. I think it was probably just the make up, a makeup choice because the mouth was kind of really cool.
Speaker 3: It did, but it was it was so funny because I actually my sister in law's little she's got a pug beagle mix, and that's how his teeth are. I'm like, it's so funny, and it was moving around. It was like it was the makeup for him.
Speaker 2: Was really really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did need the.
Speaker 2: Woman, So the what do we call her? What would we nickname her?
Speaker 3: Becky her bodyguard. I'm cool with a women woman bodyguard, but she's gonna need to be a little bit more Ronda Rousey for me to be like the very end. So I put this in as I first saw her just in that dining room scene, and then all of a sudden, I'm like, oh, well, I guess she has numb chucks.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, yeah, no. When she pulled out the big the like the staff, I was like, oh, she's a badass.
Speaker 3: But like, she didn't look intimidating at all up to that point, so she kind of was a little bit. And then there were wooding wooden planks outside of the window that they broke in and out of. Then they put wooden planks but outside if you were trying to keep people outside of your house. The one, Yeah, that was weird, and then we kind of went over everything else. But the last thing, there's two more things. I kind of felt like we broke a rule, an unsaid rule. All of a sudden, Now when they get placed in the moonlight is on them in the tomb. All of a sudden, we have magic that has the tombs come and get closed on their.
Speaker 1: The Sarcophicus lids just slamming shot. I didn't understand.
Speaker 2: Well, they like, I didn't get that down. That was like, yeah, that you can't just have magic come out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: No, I agree.
Speaker 3: And then the last thing was the alarm that the was happening in the museum. You couldn't hear upstairs. I guess only the alarm work turned. I didn't realize there was an alarm on at all. And then after I forgot that, the alarm went off at the very big aning of them breaking into the museum to get him back up to his sarcophagus, and then all of a sudden, it's they're normal.
Speaker 2: Everything is normal. Then as they're running down the stairs, it's like.
Speaker 1: It's so loud. I'm like, this is the only time nobody's heard this before.
Speaker 3: You Other than that, we covered everything, and I can't wait to rate this movie.
Speaker 1: Well, here we go, yeah, here we go. Let's do let's let's do uh, let's do one out of ten. Okay, we'll do one out of ten, but one's gonna be the last, like the lowest one, and ten's gonna be highest. We'll do that. Here are options this week. One out of ten Purple Eyed pandas, sexy killbots one out of ten, Step Days, Scodoodle snack diarrheas one out of ten, Mummy movie dates, lucky characters one out of ten, bopdem bones, baby octopus plates, grown men, trigger treating by themselves, or one of ten boxes of bird feed Sabrina, whyn't you pick this week? What would you like?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I actually would like to, especially since you didn't see Well, no, I guess since you didn't see it, I was gonna say one out of ten leaf transitions because there.
Speaker 1: Were some let's do it, that's your pick, you got it were and I think I start this week. I think he went first last week. So I liked this movie. I really did. I liked the cast I thought was great. They're very personable. That Malachi Kid is obviously going to be a star. He is a star. He steals the whole thing. The Mummy grit was great, The story made more sense than the last one, and we liked the last one. I'm giving this one a very solid eight point five leaf Transitions. I think it very much rates that it was a fun, enjoyable watch. Yeah, I thought it just rode the line of spooky and not spooky, and I could see how kids would love it. So yep, eight point five skedoodle snack diarrheas. Oh wait, no, that's right, you picked leaf transitions. I'm glad I wasn't taking this week.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am right there with you. This to me, like we said with the first.
Speaker 3: One, they were coming out of the park unknowing where they were sitting and what things were happening. So we really put off al lot of the issues we had with the original to that effect because it was the first d com. This one, to me shows Disney knowing exactly where they're where their ballpark hit is, how to hit it the correct way, and the sense of to me, this is up there, this is up This is our favorite. That my favorite that we've watched in the Halloween genre for sure.
Speaker 1: I really like this better than Halloween Town and the Yeah.
Speaker 2: It had a lot more.
Speaker 3: It had a lot more mystery, like mysterious, you know, felt like a little bit more was on the line, you know. And I mean, to me it was up there with like hocus Pocus, like it was a little bit scary at times, you know, but like, I just really love this movie.
Speaker 2: The cast, like you said, was so good.
Speaker 3: These kids were great, the adults were awesome in it. You know, like you said, too Malachi stole the show. But I felt like everything in this movie, the small little picking apart.
Speaker 2: Is just that it's just picking it apart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, too fun.
Speaker 3: You had nitpicking when you have to heart find or try super hard, and that was the movie for me.
Speaker 2: I'm giving this nine transition.
Speaker 1: That's good. That's a great one.
Speaker 3: I didn't have Monroe watching this one, and this is one that we will probably be also viewing leading up to Halloween.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I love that. That's incredible, and I love all of you, so thank you so much for joining us. Our next movie brings us back to the rink with another hockey movie. I think we can now officially deem it the official sport of the dcom. It's the Two. Okay, So I love reading these things because I don't know anything about this movie, but it's a hockey movie and it's twenty ten's Girl Scouts inspired movie. Den Brother, oh key Doki. All right, it's Hailble the stream right now at Disney Plus, so do your homework and meet us her next week. And also for our Park Copper episode, this week, We've got a very big guest. We were so excited joining us is Maggie Lawson. You might know her from Psych or episodes of Boy Meets World or the movie Pleasantville. But we're talking to about one thing, and one thing only we are not drifting off the topic, and that thing is the two thousand d Coom alongside Justin Timberlake and Kathley Gifford model behavior. She had so many good stories exactly what we're hoping for. Here is a little sneak peek. Did you have a stand in that was reading lines with you? That was like, how did this work?
Speaker 6: Yeah, there was a stand in. It's like for the mirror scene. A lot of dinner scenes or at least restaurant scenes. I fe yes lot in this movie, and I remember they were Yeah, they were all done about the same time. And I remember running around like a crazy person that day, just you know, one to the other, to the to the other to the other. And yes, I would just read with a I don't even know if to stand in read the lines, but I was reading with somebody on the other side.
Speaker 1: We were just so happy to have Maggie in the show. What a great conversation that was it was, it was I don't want to give anything away, but talk about warm and cuddly. It was really really.
Speaker 3: Impating her love, all of the all of her just kept rushing over her and it was just so awesome to see her go to such a happy place and thinking about the filming of this movie.
Speaker 1: It was really really great. So don't miss that one. Just subscribe to the dedicated Magical rewind feed today and listen to everything we've done exclusively over there with popular cast and crew from your favorite d coms. And for more info, you can follow us at Magical re wine pot on the Instagram Machine. Thanks everybody, we'll see you next time. Bye.