Speaker 1: I was like, dude, he's gonna be great, man, He's gonna come through. He's got a fiber Internet. This ship's gonna be fucking dope.
Speaker 2: He has like he has like power at his place where he lives. This guy, this guy's this guy's brushing it.
Speaker 1: Actually yeah, but he's not leads to it from the fucking neighbors.
Speaker 3: Nothing. This guy has. What's that extension cord coming through your background?
Speaker 2: Exactly? I'm just just living off of an entire ecosystem of stolen uh stolen the extension cords.
Speaker 1: They're like all my Transformer blues. Someone caught onto you and just cut your extension cords.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I gotta I gotta go start with the generator downstairs.
Speaker 3: Gotta get the Jenny going. Hey does your does your hybrid have like a plug in it? I could pluck some ship. Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three sixty one, Episode one of Dear daily'siya production of iHeartRadio. We're also America's only undecided podcast. Only a couple of weeks to go. We're still still making up our minds. He said some cool stuff about Arnold palmer Man. Yeah, so I'm back in, you know, I always say I need to learn more. I need him to answer more questions. He answered one of my questions this weekend. How big was Arnold Palmer's dick on my list for some reason? So he's getting it done. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. It is Tuesday, October twenty second, twenty four.
Speaker 1: Look, not only are we fourteen days away from election day, it's also a national freud make Hey, it's make a Dog's Day, all right?
Speaker 3: Why don't you make a Dog's Day? All right?
Speaker 1: However that works. It's also National Color Day, like just I guess shout out to like them and the color spectrum. Uh, and National Nut Day, so the hell? Yeah, all nuts, not just one kind.
Speaker 3: It's just like getting ready for November.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe yeah, get it in, get him while you can, yeah, get.
Speaker 3: Him out all right?
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: Well, my name is Jack O'Brien aka Little Diddy about Jack and his wife put his hand in his arm and made it fun and said, be mom for life.
Speaker 3: I want to Courtesy of Christy Amagucci mame on the discord. It did come up that that is one of my one of my flirtation tactics. When we had Katie Golden of Preacher feature on the episode, she was talking about a insect that attracts mates by rubbing its penis against its ridged abdomen. I've never tried that, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: What Saturday Night in America?
Speaker 3: All right, am I right? But I was like, I guess, I'm I guess that it's the equivalent of, you know, making sounds by doing armpit farts. And if I had a dollar for every time I tried to pick up a lady doing that, you know what I mean? I have like tuobus.
Speaker 1: I mean when you learned how to finally perfect the armpit fart where you just go at ham on it like to the annoyance of everyone around you. Yet and it was in my thirties, but I feel like I want to try it right now. Yeah, it's it is one of the benefits of having some wet pits down there.
Speaker 3: So down there are they down there? The equator? Oh? Because not with my hands, but okay, anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Grass straight from the wild streets of the nation's capital.
Speaker 1: Its Miles Gray aka don't call.
Speaker 3: Me tending back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm doing squats to be fuck my ass. Yeah, Yeah, it's looking better. It was mostly crack. Yeah, Majesty gave it a little pat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, patting up the rooge.
Speaker 1: Okay, shout out Halseion Salad for that one. Podcasting man. My podcasting butt is getting better and better as I like, as I've become aware of it. I just have to engage my glutes more and riding the bike, walking, doing just all kinds of interesting stare exercises. So I will do a grand unveiling of my new butt when the time comes. So so worried not listeners, Yeah, tend it back no more, Achilles ass no more. It's no longer one long achille from heel to tailbone.
Speaker 3: Miles. We are thrilled to be joined in our third seat. Through trials and tribulations, the government tried to shut him down, but he's here, a very funny comedian and writer who you have seen doing stand up in places like your TV, yeah, the internet. Yeah. His new album ran Through is now available to pre order on app well and vinyl. Please welcome back to the show, The hilarious, the Talented Alan Strickland Will y'all.
Speaker 2: All Star Weekend, y'all, thanks for having me. What's up, y'all, It's going to be back. Thanks for thanks for having me. And yeah, you know, just for the listeners. Little backstory. I guess transformer neighborhood powers out. So we're so we're on a hot Yeah.
Speaker 3: You should see it. You're not even seeing his us.
Speaker 1: This man has his fingers locked behind his head leaning back.
Speaker 3: That's how easy he is about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not I'm not worried. I meanwhile, I'm like my foot's shaking a hole in the ground underneath the table. Cool as eye water over here.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's that's who he is. In a catastrophe. He's exactly hands behind vibrating right.
Speaker 2: Well, I've probably caused it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, how do you what do you think going too hard? What do you what do you suspect did it?
Speaker 1: When you say you were rocking too hard, it's because you've got like a bit bitcoin mining lab.
Speaker 2: I got the big coin. But guys downstairs, I've got my three, I got all my hair stuff. You have my hair team in there. They're in they're in the master bathroom and they get in and around five forty five every morning, I've got a routine. Uh you know, Mark Wahlberg, how has that crazy routeeries up at like three, I've got that. But it's just for my hair, so it's like my hair's up then, yeah, tweaking it.
Speaker 3: It's so dry.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Thank you very much, very it's very kind of you. Yeah, there's a lot of We're drawing a lot of power from a lot of different neighboring counties to Los Angeles, so it's just really, you know, we gotta figure this stuff out, guys. You gotta figure this stuff out.
Speaker 3: The grid.
Speaker 2: Uh, we gotta figure the grid out.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, if anything for for Alan's hair, and those aren't hair plug so that's that's natty up top.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah wow. Now now the plugs would even work right now because the powers.
Speaker 3: Are am I right, guys. That's the sort of comedy that you get on this upcoming album ran Through. When's it drop, Allen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it drops this Friday, October twenty fifth. You can pre order it now. We've got a lot of one liners, We've got a lot of relatable bits, We've got some poignant yet hilarious takes on the celestial bodies that hang in the sky above. Oh, maybe some trauma stuff. Dating's weird, you know, stuff like that. The US get. We'll get into all of it. We wrap it all up nicely for you. You're gonna lie, You're gonna light the way you laugh. I guarantee it, all right.
Speaker 3: And that plug was as organic as the ones in your scale.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you worry. Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: All right, Alan, We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of the things we're talking about in the news section. We do. We get to know the guest. An act one, an act two, Act three. We look at the news and uh, we're gonna take a look at the media. How the media is dealing with Donald Trump's rapidly deteriorating brain. I keep comparing it for some reason. This visual is locked in my head. It's cotton candy if you dump a can of diet coke on it is what I feel like is happening outside of his head. But he's he's just popping off, and the media is giving some interesting summations of what we're seeing him do. We're gonna talk about that, and we're gonna talk about some recent election fuckery because I think that is going to maybe be the story of this election, which is I think it's gonna be a clean election. You think it's gonna be a clean, clean in and out, and we're just look at that.
Speaker 2: They want every Everyone's going to be stoked, Yeah, every everyone, Everyone's going to be stoked, and it's gonna We're gonna be okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all the problems.
Speaker 1: Actually, we will be able to go back to brunch come November sixth, like everyone wants, you.
Speaker 3: Will go back.
Speaker 2: Forgot I forgot about going back. I forget got about going back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can brunch again finally. And then, in honor of Chick fil A revealing the content offerings on their new streaming content service, we are going to play a little game of which post apocalyptic film are we in? Yeah, so it's very demolition Man. That does feel Demolition Man, but I feel like I feel like we've got some other strong contempt. Yeah, so we're gonna we're gonna take a look at that. We would love the audience to chime in, which which post apocalypt do you think we're in. But before we get to any of that bullshit, al And we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 2: So really, I was just home in Florida where I grew up. I grew up sart of Jacksonville, Florida. So when I looked at what I searched recently, all of it is me looking up like what did the carabas turn into? Like it's me trying to figure out like what is trying to me? Trying to remember these locations from life and like be like, oh is that there? Or was that over there? So yeah, I guess I was just kind of like back home and in kind of regression mode and like, you know, trying to figure out where where my memories, where my childhood was if did I even have one? You know, Like That's what I was trying to do. And I don't know if you can play this. Google didn't really help that much.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I feel like that the same way too, with like I'm always trying to remember, Like I'll look at stuff in like the town I grew up with and always trying and think back as many businesses as possible while looking at one business like before that it was a Blockbuster and next door was the Chinese Deli. Now that's a UPS store, and this is somehow a pet store. But I wish there was just like a like an easier way to just put in And I mean maybe there is. It's like with a business registry, like you could just put the address in and then look at the.
Speaker 2: Histories to be just what a site that just does that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, called what the fuck did this used to be?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great?
Speaker 3: Are we looking at one turnover? Any survivors that kind of still stuck with you were like, wow, still still.
Speaker 2: Honestly it was pretty wild. I can basically say no for almost everything. And there were a lot of closed there are a lot of there was a lot of commercial space for lease. You'll appreciate this. The Clay County. That's the county and from the Clay County GOP office moved into the old Mexican Restaurant, which is just like that's like I can't write that. And then like I was in one place we were having it was like a fine place as a pub, and I was like I feel like I've been here before. And then my dad was like, oh yeah, this used to be Ronnie's Oysters and Wings. It's where we watched nine to eleven as a family because all went out and got wings, which is very Florida, I guess you know.
Speaker 3: So it wasn't you were out getting wings when nine to eleven happened.
Speaker 2: That was like.
Speaker 3: Happening, I'm taking kids out of school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was like I was like, crazy day, let's get some wings, Ronnie. But it was funny because I know, those two.
Speaker 3: Airplanes made me think of wings towers.
Speaker 1: Those are the flats if you look at the bones, and a flat boom to build down.
Speaker 2: But so so yeah, a lot of a lot of that, a lot of that. But it was like so funny. I was like, I've been here before. Oh right, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: Why am I filled with doom? Right?
Speaker 1: This is what I experienced, quite literally, the moment where the entire country turned into military state.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Alan, what's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Underrated? I'll say this, And I think people did start talking about near the end, but the show industry, I think it's really good. I think all these people that were all about the succession blah blah blah, I think it's right there with it. I think that it's gonna I think the next thing that's gonna be awesome, So I'll throw that out there.
Speaker 3: Industry pretty good, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I love it. I really love it. That's all pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, it's like British.
Speaker 2: It's like like the first season is kind of interesting, it's kind of like soapy. Honestly, it's it gets it, I will say, I think it does get better. But this past season, season three, there are some episodes in it that basically I was like, oh, this is their approach of where it's like each episode is basically like a movie, Oh okay, which kind of reminds you of my life, but.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: But but it's it's it's just I think like and I like diverse cast, very diverse group of directors behind the camera. I I I think, if you haven't given it a chance yet, give it a chance if you like it. It does start soapy. It follows like it's some program at some prestigious investment bank, and it's like the people that are the fresh grads, they're breaking into this world. Some of their higher ups above them their personal lives. But it kind of follows people and it kind of coalesces, and then maybe it stops following these people. Then maybe they come back in. But great, you know for that sort of Sunday night HBO show, it's like right knocked out of the part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've I've heard a lot of people compared to Succession, and I was like, all right, that's that's enough for me. I like to see miserable wealthy people fight.
Speaker 3: There you go, Yeah, there you go, young strivers. Yeah, that's right. So if it didn't because it doesn't follow as much the like heads of the bank, it follows like the young analysts coming in right.
Speaker 1: Right, But it's like rat race porn. Yeah, yeah, rat race porn exactly, you know, my favorite genre.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very hustle, it's very grind, but it's also like so much of it. I'm just like, ah, they're talking about finances. I have no idea whethery're saying or what any of it means. And I'm just like, yes, finances, yes, yes, finances, but it kind of doesn't matter. I think that's a sign that it's probably a good chew if you don't really need to know whether they're talked about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. I've never been bumped once by a single like detail of finance and anything like basketball, I'll be like, that's not how you shoot a basketball. Finance. I'm like, yeah, man, and those people are smarter than the actual finance people. You can tell by the way they deliver the stuff. Right, good, good recommendation. What's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: Cucumber water? It's not even close for WHOA, Okay, I've taken Yeah, I'm taking a big shot right across the Yeah, I don't like cucumber. I mean, I do love pickles, so I like Bryan, I guess, but I cucumber. Something about the texture and something about it just I just can't help but think why. And I'm not super picky. I'm not super picky. I used to be really picky. I'm not even super picky. I'm just I hate when you go to the hotel lobby and you see the slices in there, like in the you know, in the like sort of Gratti water that's sort of for everybody, like, yeah, I oh, when I see those cucumber slices, I really only ever want a cucumber slide. It's like on my eye if I'm like in a commercial about what a spot is, I.
Speaker 3: Was gonna say, you seem like you could be. You seem like a man who might appreciate a couple cute slices on the eyes on the eye.
Speaker 2: I do like I do like the water.
Speaker 3: You don't want it in your water.
Speaker 2: I just don't. I don't want it in my water. It's like it's like a conspiracy theory that Alex Jones has. They're pretty culcuver and the water yeah, but yeah, yeah, that's that's my that's my cucumber looks like unsliced yea, And people swear about it, and I'm like, nah, I just it's not for me.
Speaker 1: I think I I recently was in a lobby and I don't know. I guess I made the mistake of like trying the water. It felt like they just kept pouring water on the same cucumber.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe three days.
Speaker 1: Let's not do this because I'm I'm like actually tasting like what the fuck is going on with this?
Speaker 2: That tastes like like like drinking that when like you you know, like you buy vegetables and fruit and stuff, but then you freaking that like anything that's good for you or your body goes bad within like twenty seconds of opening it. Yeah, and then it turns into that weird slide. It's like you're drinking that. Oh yeah, yeh damn, that's why happening in my fridge right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, does smell? Yeah, that the smell of rotting vegetables. Also, I've always I've said before on this show, smells like the inside of an old person's mouth. And it's very unfortunate. I don't mind a little a little cukee water, or at least I didn't mind a little cukee water until you just described it in the way you did. And now I probably won't fuck with it. And and that's fine.
Speaker 2: I'm trying things that I like, I'm trying to start a movement.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Well I think in La though, too, especially like they do that to cover mask the taste of our terrible fire.
Speaker 2: Oh that's actually a good point, that's ood. I never even thought about it that way. That is a good point. Okay, now I'm in Yeah, I like it now.
Speaker 1: Well, No, I just like because every time I'm like, see, you guys are just covering up the fact that La tap water is garbage, that it's so bad flavored discs in it.
Speaker 3: It's like a municipal program where they're like, try cucumber water. Maybe they just drink juice. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't just try different. Just don't drink. Just don't drink. Drink just the fucking top water though. Just don't do that, please please.
Speaker 3: And are we trying the dua lipa diet coke with pickle juice and with a helipingo juice in it?
Speaker 2: First time, fella, my first time hearing about it. I'll take a swig.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I'm gonna try it. It seems like something that a person who doesn't do drugs would want to do. Y. Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That's like that's all I've got now, man, this is how I get wild. I put this other ship in my diet coke. Like, come on, man, just use opioids like us. Yeah, come on, man, just do some opioids.
Speaker 2: Grow up, grow with this ship.
Speaker 3: All right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about the news. And we're back. We're back. We talked on yesterday's trending about the fact that Donald Trump continued to say wild shit over the weekend. If you missed that, Miles, can we just give them a just yeah? For the record?
Speaker 1: Update quick update in case you missed yesterday's Trending Weekend episode. This was Donald Trump again. He's trying to court voters in Pennsylvania and decides to evoke a Pennsylvania native by the name of Arnold Palmer. But Arnold Palmer was all man. And I say that in all due respect to women, and I love women, but this guy. But this guy, this guy, yeah, his horse is a guy.
Speaker 3: That was all man.
Speaker 1: This man was strong and tough, and I refused to say it. But when he took showers with the other pros, they came out there they said, oh my god, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: I had to say it again. No, you did not. You did.
Speaker 2: Trump going into his uh, I guess that one's for me. You know of his stand up routine. He's got, he's got He said that he's got the juice back, man, he's got the juice. Look at our boy up there.
Speaker 3: The halapeno juice. You got it in him? He's got it. He went. Going into that speech, his campaign said you were about to see him pivot to like his closing message on the that was and it was a decidedly one for them, one for me, one for me. I just love that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like so when this we've been watching his brain again to evoke diet coke again with cotton candy. Diet coke is really having a strong presence in this episoff. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's because I drink three a day, but like, yeah, we've watched this decline happen over many years, and just over the last month and a half it's just been like in turbo mode, you know, Like last week he like gave up on life and just swayed to music for forty minutes, and we're like, really, this is like really bad, Like this is not a person who has their shit together, who should be not even like the three thousandth most powerful American in the country, let alone the world. But yeah, the rhetoric's getting more violent. He's just evoking more kinds of fucked up shit, like the bad genes we have, the enemies we have within, et cetera. Yeah, and so Nazi shit, yeah, yeah, yeah, one hundred percent. And then so like you look at the media and you're like, so, what's how are you going to describe this? Because I feel like the distillation of what he just said was, Hey, ladies, I love you, but Arnold Palmer's dick was a sight to behold. I'm sorry, that's just my truth. I'm Donald Trump. Please vote for me on November fifth. But like, that's what essentially he was saying. So Marcy Jones put together like a sort of a list or like her in her coverage of this, of just how like other news outlets were even describing Again, he said many other things, but obviously talking about Arnold Palmer's junk was like the thing Everyone's.
Speaker 3: Like, what the fuck is this? Politico said, Trump appears energetic in scattered Pennsylvania speech. Scattered but energetic because he clear he definitely perked up at the thought of talking to Because the other big thing that happened is that one of his events in Michigan had audio issues that he like they couldn't figure out for forty minutes, and he seemed to fall asleep on stage while that was happening.
Speaker 1: There was another one, yeah, where his mic went out, I think, and he just wandered the stage for sixteen minutes.
Speaker 3: Where It's like that feels like more of a he literally fell asleep.
Speaker 1: It looks like a production thing where you could have been like, hey, the mics aren't working, get off the stage. But a lot of people were like this guy's losing it and left out the context that the mics went out. It wasn't that he just decided to not talk, which they was like. I was like, come on, like, there's plenty of ship where he's objectively losing his mind and we can talk about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't need to you don't need to cut context with Trump. That's kind of like, you know, it's like what it's like taking a hat off a hat or something.
Speaker 3: I don't know. You could give context.
Speaker 1: And be like why the fuck would he stay up there if the mics weren't working, Like if you were like, yeah, come a folks, I gotta get up, like they got to sort the mic out. Man, I don't know if the fuck's going on. I'll be right back as soon as this is done whatever.
Speaker 2: I know, you know what I noticed recently I watched him. I watched him at that what's that thing they do in New York where like it literally is like a roast they like do a roast of each other. Kamala Kamala didn't do it, but Trump did it. It was like.
Speaker 3: Al something dinner, whereas there's like a bunch of and there's a bunch of people in weird tuxedos, like not normal tuxedos.
Speaker 2: It's like white tie.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like.
Speaker 2: Church or something you can only get into, like if you work at Wayne Enterprises, like some weird thing. It goes over. But he it was interesting the angle they had at it. I think there were some audio issues there too, but the angle they had at it, you could see you could see through through his hair more than you ever could, you know what I mean. And I do think that there. I'm like I think that I'm like, oh, he's like Samson with like his hair, like his hair literally like you can see where he is full on bald underneath this this like ridiculous cotton candy thing that he's like put together. And I'm like, oh that the sunlight's getting in there's stuff, it's getting to the brain and it really is. It's really thrown him off. I think I think he needs that lego lego piece dome help block out the rays. Yeah, so I think that's what's going on.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is why we have you here, that you're our foremost men's hair expert.
Speaker 2: I'm the hair guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, our hair guy says things are fucked up up top. It ain't getting through.
Speaker 1: The New York Times in their in their writing of this rally, they say, quote, Donald Trump opened his rally at the Arnold Palmer Airport in the trip Pennsylvania with a ten minute monologue about the golfer for which the airport is named and who grew up here in the most pivotal battleground state with election.
Speaker 6: Day in Just sorry, Myles gets choked up sometimes. Sorry. I love Arnold Palmer's I love and I love, and I love vague descriptions of people who have deceased Genitalia. The former president spent the entire opening telling Arnold Palmer golf stories before finally launching in on the border.
Speaker 3: Oh stories, Arnold Palmer golf story. I think what they think was happening in the showers? Did they think that was just like he was showing them his swing? They kind of missed the.
Speaker 1: Contact, I don't know, or yeah, maybe because he technic said he could he drove a ball further than Arnold Palmer did head to head once that that's a golf story. And I guess it's a golf story because it guys at the golf tournament would look at his We don't know if it's either gigantic or microscopic penis.
Speaker 3: That was unbelievable. Oh yeah, you were pointing out. Oh he never says what they were remarking at. Yeah, sure, that would be so wild if, like Arnold Palmer's family's there and he's just making fun of him for having a little dick.
Speaker 1: But then I guess with the stories about Trump Trump's genitals from Stormy Daniels, He's like, and that's and that's all man because Arnold Palmer was like that too, And we're.
Speaker 3: Good still manly, and it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: The Washington Post. Trump fixates on Arnold Palmer as all man in showers during profane rally, turning his attention to his rival. After meandering start, Donald Trump used profanity to insult Vice President Kamala Harris CNN. Trump's closing pitch to voters begins with profane attacks and elude story about a Hall of Fame golfer, Like some are descriptions, but none are really the sort of getting to the actual point, like the headlines should be to some point, like what the fuck does Arnold Palmer's dick have to do with Donald Trump being president?
Speaker 2: I'm a single issue voter, Okay, I gotta that's the That's the only thing I've paid attention to talking about it.
Speaker 1: Uphold the memory of Arnold Palmer. Don't just reduce him to an iced t and lemonade mixture.
Speaker 3: He's more than that. They all went. Ah, it does feel like the overall vibe of the coverage of him still like hovers in the Trump's got that dog in him, like range when it comes to like the New York Times in the Washington Post, like these places are just you know, they're afraid of what will be said about them if they criticize him more so than the Democratic side.
Speaker 2: It'd be funny if he just started saying everyone had a huge dick, if that was his name, just everyone does matter whatever, Everyone's got a huge dick. Yeah, that's a platform, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, and vote for me. I will talk about how big your dick was.
Speaker 1: Ruth Bader Ginsburg, they say she was a giant of the Supreme Court, and folks, let me tell you, when the other Supreme Court justices would get out of the shower at the Supreme Court, they'd go, whoa, whoa, my god, I.
Speaker 3: Do I do like to imagine the Supreme Court showering, oh my god, class yeah, oh god. So anyway, uh, that we will see.
Speaker 1: I think like with the media too, I think there is also just sort of like they're kind of like, fuck, man, what else do you want.
Speaker 3: Us to say? Like, you know, he's bad.
Speaker 1: We we only know how to cover this one way and the elections like.
Speaker 3: In two weeks, man, just leave us alone.
Speaker 2: Just leave us.
Speaker 3: We're going through it too. You know, you're actively not going through it.
Speaker 1: You're taking the easy way out all the time with this like euphemistic nonsense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like there there is a double standard with like how they treated Biden, you know, misspeaking, and you know they're definitely a higher standard there. I think it's also that Trump appears to be enjoying his brain dissolving, whereas Biden was struggling against it, and Trump seems to be just going this is fucking everyone's.
Speaker 2: It's called it's called vibes. We're going, we're running on vibes. Yeah, that's ribes.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh he's going to adopt the vibes thing. I think for sure, the way he did the weave. God, he still he loves talking about the weave. I think you were talking about your hair brother. All right, my hair jokes are on point today. Back to actual stakes, it is worth looking at just what because the one kind of piece of election fuggery news that I feel like broke through to the mainstream was that this Georgia thing, Like we'd been covering the fact that they had taken over the election board in Georgia to try and make it so that all votes had to be hand counted or was.
Speaker 1: It just the so if all votes had to be hand counted, and then if then they failed to get an accurate count based on the handcount, then then this the election board could step in to make the determination on like, so they just created all these like hoops to jump through that ended within an eyeby we're the ones who are going to get to certify the election. Luckily a judge heard the case and fucking invalidated all of this shit. They're like, no, like you have to You're not there to decide, You're just there to fucking push a stamp on a piece of paper. That's not for you to determine whether or not something can be certified. You just certified as it having happened. So that one seems to be headed in the right direction for now, for now, for now. Yeah, but there's so many things going on right like it's just there's just like a smattering of just little it's it's again like anything sports, whatever, you got to pick away at the margins, you know, it's not always like the big blockbuster thing. So like, for example, in Wisconsin, right, like a number of college students and people in their twenties who like lived on or near college campuses received text messages telling them that they could go to jail and be fined if they vote in a state where they aren't registered. And they're like, it's illegal, don't even fucking think about it. But the statutes that they were like even like they were citing them in the text message or like you know, penal code or civil cold da da da. Like that was for people who would like were Wisconsin residents who are voting absentee because like if you're an for if you're a student, you are fine. You are able to vote. If you know any young people in Wisconsin who are like, what, what are the rules again? You are able to vote if you're going to like that. That is a that is a a right that has been extended to you by the state of Wisconsin. So if you've if they say it's like according to the lodges, so it's clear. If you've lived in one voting area for twenty eight consecutive days and plan to continue staying there, you can vote in those places. And this is according to the state's Election Commission. Even if a college student returns to his or her parents house on weekends temporarily, they can still vote where they primarily live, such as on college campuses.
Speaker 2: Both le me guess they're voting for avocado toast.
Speaker 3: Am I right now? Let me write in avocado toast.
Speaker 2: That's not even the right reference. That's too old.
Speaker 3: But Hailey Bieber's smoothie from Mariwuon Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, brought it back, Jack, you saved it with Hailey Beaver and ariwon reference. Uh yes please yeah then Elon. You know, while he isn't offering people like megabucks to vote for Trump, one of his packs is doing their own bit of misinformation campaigning by targeting air and Jewish voters in Michigan and Pennsylvania, respectively. So people in Michigan are receiving ads about Harris's pro Israeli policies, I mean, which is true.
Speaker 3: Wait a second, yeah, but that one actually is true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But in Pennsylvania, voters are seeing ads that painter as at least like staunchly anti Israel. So they're like, they're they're having it both ways with their mailers, like doing anything they can to suppress the vote outside of traditional like disenfranchising of like voters, which it's.
Speaker 3: Still early, we don't know what they're going to do in that right, but truly, then you have election workers also fearing for their lives. A recent study found that around thirty eight percent of election workers have received some kind of threat for the work that they do. And in North Carolina, they're apparently installing bulletproof glass at the Durham County elections headquarters just just in case, just in case.
Speaker 1: I don't know, just that's just got a feeling, may maybe maybe it's necessary, who knows. I mean, because we did see people gathering at outside of vote counting centers in twenty twenty and just like screaming, so again based on all of the conspiracy theories and bullshit that's out there to get people super fired up, this also seems quite believable. But yeah, I just think this is this is probably just the just the beginnings of it. Like I feel like so much more is going to be unearthed in the lead up to the election and beyond of like what's happening because Rudy Giuliani, who lost his legal license but he is still licensed to drunkenly please himself on camera, is already making shit up about the election being fixed about but like being really vague. He's like, you know that, it's like basically saying, like you know what the Democrats are gonna do. They fix elections even when they win. They just do it for fun, That's what they do. And Marjorie Taylor Green and Elon are also spreading lies about dominion voting machines. Again, if you don't thought you were done hearing about dominion voting systems, that they're saying, just like I heard that the machines magically switch a Trump vote to a Harris vote, And that's that's really really just we have to look into that. Dominion is like I think they have like a rapid response crisis center where they're just rebutting all this stuff in real time, which like came out and they said, quote, the false claim that voting machines can switch votes has been repeatedly debunked, as both state and local authorities have confirmed, And then they go on to say, like, the one time there was anything like that, it was purely because of a user error, like the voter fucked up, and it was like, ah, I want to I need to change it, right, So, yeah, it's fine, it'd.
Speaker 2: Be that'd be pretty cool if it did do that, though, anything.
Speaker 3: I would vote for that.
Speaker 2: That's very cool.
Speaker 3: Voting machine. Yeah, we should. The Democrats should be as corrupt and willing to break rules as the Republicans pretend they are, because that's how corrupt and willing to break rules the Republicans are. And yeah, they should only accusing you of the ship that they're already trying.
Speaker 2: They should be like, if we do, let's do it. You got a bit pretty good.
Speaker 1: Right, All these fuckers didn't vote for Trump because.
Speaker 3: We didn't switch. Crazy man, it's crazy switch we switched it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean like they do it in other ways too.
Speaker 3: They switched the samples. Yeah, reference.
Speaker 1: They like to be more subtle, you know, like not having a primary before an election.
Speaker 3: That's their way of being.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can put our thumb on the scales in different ways.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take a quick break and when we come back, we are going to play a little game called which post apocalyptic film are we in? We'll be yeah, right back and we're back. And so the big news in a story that we've been following, Yeah, the big news also in the streaming world. You know, we were all rocked with the announce meant that Chick fil A is getting into the content game where they're basically going to create their own streaming service where you can watch shows that we were speculating based on their YouTube channel would be about cows that like do wacky shit like Warner Brothers style. They have a cartoon series that has like surprisingly a lot of views where like cows get into wacky kind of Looney Tunes style adventures. And then there's also a show on their channel called Evergreen Hills Stories of Evergreen Hills that has very suspicious view count.
Speaker 1: But hey, hey, hey, come on, man, why just because it's faith Based's okay.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of Christians out there, man, a lot of Christians. So the show Stories of every So those are like two of the things that were announced, right, they're going to tea I think. I think though.
Speaker 1: The cow one they now are cows that run a gay conversion therapy sort of like this makes sense where they yeah, where they.
Speaker 3: Sort of victimized chickens or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And another one is about the power of Sundays. I believe, or it might not.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just spitballing here, but I think there's a lesson zero chance that they could be if someone comes to something like that.
Speaker 3: Just checking the view counts of Stories of Evergreen Hill on YouTube, this is not suspicious at all. We've got two hundred and eighteen two hundred fourteen thousand, one hundred and forty one million for another episode.
Speaker 2: Oh that one's really good.
Speaker 3: I watched that one actually because I was like, is this thing just like fire? Is this like the best piece of content? It is a ten minute long little animated morality tale about bullying. There's like a bunch of world building where like an old guy takes his young helper to like the spark Tree, and he's like, the spark tree works like this. You can get the spark, but you must use it like just a bunch of rules and shit. And there's just no reason I can conceive that anybody would be watching this ship on purpose. But well that's why I think that that's what makes this kind of getting it gets a little freaky, right because before, like they're probably just finding some like Christian production companies that are just like they're like, yeah, we like to make really boring ship. Wait buy it.
Speaker 1: They're like they have like people behind the shows like top Gear and The X Factor and like that game show and NBC The Wall, Like they're they're doing deals with like like proper production companies to like take their ship to the next level. And also, let's not forget scripted podcasts, which we all know are work all the time.
Speaker 3: I've never seen one not work. The Wall, that's the game show The Wall. Yeah, Pink Fluence, no man who knows. Yeah, make sure.
Speaker 2: It sounds like someone had the idea Trickley, They're like, what if we did cocoa ballad for adults? Yeah, that's what that's what sounds like it.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what it feels like.
Speaker 2: It's like maybe Ais writing it, and like it's just turning out this stuff for something that's very it's a brave new world, guys, very brave, courageous new world exactly.
Speaker 3: So it does make me feel like I'm in a post apocalyptic film, as have a number of stories in the recent in recent weeks, like not just like oh, theoretically, I see how this feels like we're in a weird post apocalyptic movie, but like we were talking about this lapd dog robot dog that they introduced and the video of them like being introduced. Like what one is like a shot from a news helicopter where like the news reporter is like there it is. Then you like see it like walk on this. It's like straight up out of RoboCop. Like it is a like could literally be lifted from RoboCop. And like there's other like news shots where it just like walks by the news camera and they're like, wow, there goes a hero. There's rescued who right, yeah, exactly, And there's like a news story that like compares it to the size of a Golden retriever instead of more threatening, like you know, just the they picked the friendliest dog possible, right, But anyways, and then our writer JM made the observation that, like the footage of Elon Musk giving a giant, oversized novelty check to someone who registered to vote for Donald Trump, like that is something that is on TV in the background of RoboCop. Like that, It's just like there are these very specific moments that keep happening that feel like they are just shots from RoboCop. Yeah, but overall, theoretically like that, this story about Chick fil A streaming has more of a demolition man idiocracy vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was about to say idiocracy for sure, like I and I I just had it's happening in in my in life too, like you're you'll just I was up in Oakland area. I went too fast food place. I went to the drive through. They had one of those centuries like you see them a lot in like downtown or parking lots. Like it's like a police stand, there's like a pole, there's silent light every Yeah. Yeah, and uh it was out there and like we're in line of the drive through and the speaker just starts going, welcome to Carls Junior. We are here for your safety. And I was just like, oh my god, it's straight up idiocracy, like like welcome to Costco, I love you like whatever. I was like, oh my god, so wild. Yeah, it's uh, it's it's really we're we're really it really is like a movie out there, DONK like we really we really are. Like it's like I'm like, did someone cast this? Like did someone is good? This is getting close? Yeah, Carls Jr. Was the thing from Idiocracy, right, And I think I think it was Carl's Junior too, or it might have been. It might have been it might have been Jay and the b but be Yeah, yeah, I'm but I felt safe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you did feel safe because who's gonna look after you better than Jane.
Speaker 1: To be welcome or you can have it your way. Oh it's Carl's Junior. It was Carls Junior.
Speaker 3: It was Carls Junior. And Idiocracy Yes, yes, indo okay. In Idiography it has a couple of details that I had even forgotten, Like I didn't realize that part of it was like everyone wears crocs. Yes, the thing that happens in idiocrasy, Yeah, the.
Speaker 1: Thing that Mike Judge's quote on it is just so funny because like he was talking about the costumer's decision to have people in the film wearing crocs, and he said, quote and I said to her, but you you actually bought these, like you can order these shoes. What if by the time the movie comes out these things are everywhere and it doesn't look like we're set in the future, and said, oh no, that's never gonna happen.
Speaker 3: These shoes are too ugly.
Speaker 1: And sure enough, by the time it comes out two years later, everyone is wearing crocs. So it already started coming true even faster than we made the movie, really, which is wow, you know spot You know.
Speaker 2: It's also funny and idiocricy, the like normal person just milling about like an extra whatever. That is who Trump is appealing to with the Arnold Palmer Dick story, right like like that, like, oh my god, oh well, well, it was a nice run. It was a nice run.
Speaker 3: I know it's a good too.
Speaker 1: I think that's why, Like, you know, Brian the editor, he was saying he watched it recently and he's like it was a mistake. I can't this like just hits weights in a way that is just it's disturbing how like this is. This isn't even like even like with the marketing stuff. It's like, oh, it's got more molecules and whoa molecules? Yeah yeah, and how we are with like electrolytes or even ship like you know totally this is alkalized or whatever.
Speaker 3: You're like, okay, yeah, I mean they have the show al My Balls, which is a pretty close corollary to many TV shows. AWWE character becoming President, which we've already crossed over there in that sense, like Donald Trump was like the reason he made such an effective like public figure being in a WWE storylines because he has in his entire career just been a WWE character. Yeah, there's like a lot of stuff about people not paying attention to their surroundings, like when Luke Wilson like pod crashes through Dax Shepherd's wall and he like doesn't even look up from his TV. They still watch TV and Idiocracy, so they aren't. It's actually better because they aren't like walking around with the TV in their hand, right, so there's less distraction. But still, like that was something that was seen as abnormal enough to put in satire at that time that people would just be like, what is this screen saying.
Speaker 1: That Carls Junior that, And I think if there's that part where the like the Carls Junior claims the woman's kids, they're like, Carls Junior believes no child should go hungry. You are an unfit mother. Your children will be placed in the custody of Carls Junior. And you're like, that feels it's like like the Chick fil A summer camp for kids when they're like, what what is this, Like, Oh, they're gonna labor here, but we're gonna call it a summer camp.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, okay, okay, and people pay for it. Yeah yeah yeah. But corporations are people. As Mitt Romney said to us, you know, yeah we must That was like the we should have we should have been more scared then, but we were like Mitt Romney's an idiot. But the heating hot right. Corporations are are people, and now are at a point where they're the only people who have legal rights, really like they're the only people who can actually get anything to change. So what what other children? There's like some depressing answer. There's like children is like the bleak answer.
Speaker 2: Running running Man is Have you guys seen Running Man?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Running Man's great, and I think they're remaking it. Like I just saw something a reality show. I was like, oh, like, I don't know something, but I think I think there's very Running Man vibes out there in the world right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially like the shots of like before they even get into the game, right, that's what Children of Men is like, the like very bleak, like the footage of just like World at Large stuff with like there's like a refugee crisis.
Speaker 2: And oh that's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: And you know, the lack of children being born also you could tie to like lower birth rates are plastic balls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everything size now. Yeah, that's like so funny. We're like, I don't know, it's probably Children of Men, but that's too.
Speaker 3: Bleak, so right. It's also probably like Elon Musk's answer, because he's like, the biggest problem facing us is underpopulation.
Speaker 1: Come fuck me, you know right right? Be one of my three million children. Yeah, I like, I like the safe, entertaining combo of our falling apart world is probably demolition man mixture of ideocracy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going RoboCop ideocracy because demolition Man also feels like it would be a conservative's answer where they're like, you can't say anything anymore. I can't even.
Speaker 1: I can't at this museum.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, it turns out I can, and just people will be mean to me online, but otherwise my life is normal. Yeah, plane, it's safe. I mean. Brand consolidation definitely happening, although it's more it's not that like Taco Bell took over all the other restaurants. It's just like one company behind the scenes takes over all the other companies behind the scenes, and they're all just like one mammoth company. That's like, you know, with their thousand faces. Alan, where do you land? Which one is? What's the combo here for you?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I think there's definitely deocracy vibes. I'm also thinking about water World a little bit, but I guess in like, we're going to a water world where it's just the problem is Nestley owns all the water, right like, and so that's why we have to drink our own pea or whatever.
Speaker 3: But he was able to convert it. It looked like the Okay, maybe you.
Speaker 2: Know, that's what we'll have to do. We'll have to use all the pea that's being stored in bottles and Amazon warehouses to convert into water for us for us, Yeah, the regular lord.
Speaker 3: I mean I think Elysium would be like a good answer, but like I would have to watch Elysium, and like.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of that I haven't seen, which not like, yeah, I really need.
Speaker 3: To because that that's the one where like the wealthy just like escape to a small yeah, suborbital space station.
Speaker 2: Is that where they like they can buy they literally can buy time? Or is that that that's about that?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I think so. Yeah, justin Time, justin Timberlake is just in Time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, with like Amanda Ciphered, right mm hm was the co host or sucks.
Speaker 3: I think I also watched it too. In Time is what it's called good concept though whatever your time was on Armed, Well, I think that's what's like.
Speaker 1: I think it just makes satire and sci fi just you just realize, like there's a real art to it because like when you're really like good at sort of just thinking about how these things play out, whether in a satirical way or you're trying to create a cautionary tale for about the future, it's Yeah, they're putting a lot of ideas together that eventually end up being like spot on. Like I feel like, you know, in the early days, it was always been like The Simpsons enough.
Speaker 3: People like Octavia Butler was right the whole. Yeah, yeah, parable of the Sewer. It gets a lot right, unfortunately. Yeah, I don't know, Zei Gang. We'd love to hear pitches. Don't just say the name of the movie though. Hit us up with some details that you think rhyme particularly well.
Speaker 1: Snow Piercer probably too. And there's so many things like that, the little elements of it. And we eat bugs. We're just I mean, I guess we should say up front that on this podcast we eat bugs and drink our own piss already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Snowfish as funny because it's like, man, I wish we had high speed rail like that.
Speaker 3: Oh man. Yeah, like in California, you're like, oh.
Speaker 2: It's actually a good that's actually a good movie.
Speaker 3: Aspirational. Snow Piercer is there aspirational postcards. They're on time. Yeah, Mad Max is like feels like where we're headed, but I don't Yeah, Mad not that cool yet.
Speaker 2: Escape from La Escape from New York. I feel like I feel like that. It's like that's like seven twelve years down the road. Maybe a little longer, but it does feel like we're getting there for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah. All right, well Alan, what a pleasure having you? Yeah, sure, having guys serious, thanks for making it through the technical difficulties, exploding transformers.
Speaker 1: Using a hotspot, your phone as a hotspot to connect.
Speaker 2: You've done that out there.
Speaker 3: I goddamn dystopian.
Speaker 1: Oh you can't plug in seventeen hair dryers at once under the same search trip.
Speaker 2: Where's there through to America?
Speaker 3: Let's real? Fuck? Where can people find you? Follow you, see your next special? All that good stuff?
Speaker 2: Find me totally Alan on Twitter and on Instagram. I'm Ali Shukam Williams, link Tree, totally Alan. All my stuff for the albums there, I've got my stand up sets on there, links to my pod finding my audience. It's all right there. But yeah, pre order the album, get in on that, get in on.
Speaker 3: That, go check that funny. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: Oh, well, I guess, I said industry. Huh.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what?
Speaker 2: You know what I did watch? I just watched it with my sister. Was I think it's just called chimp Crazy. It's the guy that did Tiger King and it's about Hbo, a woman who has a chimpanzee, and it is that guy's real good at making strange animal based document Yeah, like like it's so crazy, but they're very good art to it and just again, yeah, it's like it's one of those things too where it's like I think there's four episodes, but it's like it's they just the way they set up, the way each one ends, it's just you know, you're swinging from vine to vine. I'll say that, how about that? But yeah, really good, really good. Really there's some really crazy people out there in this beautiful world of ours.
Speaker 3: Amazing miles. Where can people find you as their working media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 1: Uh, find me on Twitter and Instagram at Miles of Gray Fine, Jack and I on the basketball podcasts and Jack I'm Mad Boost and Uh also find me talking to ninety day Fiance on four to twenty Day Fiance.
Speaker 3: Uh, there's there's.
Speaker 1: Obviously a lot of people are still talking about the Donald Trump working the you know McDonald's fry line and the window at the take to the drive through window.
Speaker 3: This from att Roy with Junior tweeted.
Speaker 1: When I was sixteen working in a hospital cafeteria, a thirty eight year old coworker named Mike seven four slapped the shit out of me because I told my supervisor he was out back doing cocaine instead of helping me in the dishroom. This is where politicians need to be working a Sunday morning. Ain't shit in most food service jobs. Work fast food on a Friday night after high school football, or deliver pizza's put trump a man down in a two man dishroom with the frontline begging for clean plates while Mike seven to four out back trying to buy fight it in off the nurses in the cardiac wing dishroom, a sweat box, three hundred degree steam coming off the machine. And here in in come with mister Wallaby cussing because the silverware eight ro old. Yet, bitch, it ain't roll because my co worker is high. Sir, whichever candidate survive a shift with Mike seven four at the Help South Rehab Hospital in Birmingham and can find out why he added seven to four to his name blackmail vote locked in.
Speaker 3: I guarantee that's so good. By the way. There is a big headline on Drudge right now saying McDonald's stunt enough to win election, and they're talking about how well the McDonald stunt went for him at least at the end.
Speaker 2: Of Look he looked, he looked at home. He did. He looked happy.
Speaker 3: He always does. That's the thing. Seems to be enjoying this.
Speaker 2: He loves McDonald's man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he will serve it to you if you win the National Medal of Honor.
Speaker 2: That picture of him with all the burgers is that's hard.
Speaker 3: That accidental renaissance. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore Obrian tweet. I've been enjoying. Carl Lobo brought this to our attention from Gooselander. It says, do not run across the crosswalk apologetically. You are of this earth and walk among her choir. The devils commanding their wretched chariots have long since severed the roots of their flesh and need a reminder that a leisurely scroll triumphs the roar of their insatiable machines. I have never once crossed the street in front of a car and not like started to jog and give a little apologetic wave. And now I won't be doing that anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and you lived in New York like they're they're the king Is Kings and Queens of that ship.
Speaker 3: Out of the job and like no, just been like, yo, fuck your car. You know what I mean? New York is different New York. I've never done that because you know, I got to walk to the heart.
Speaker 1: Then you have to you have to apologize for apologizing.
Speaker 3: They're like, hey, what the what do you apologizing for? Asshole? You're like you, all right, I have a good day, much better, all right. Well, you can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brian. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeikegeist. We're at v Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page on a website Daily zeikeeist dot com where we post our episodes and our footnotes no link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, what song do you think people might enjoy it? This is it? So this is kind of an interesting one.
Speaker 1: When you have a little baby, sometimes weird songs get them dancing in ways you wouldn't believe. I was watch I was scrolling TikTok and there's like this meme. There's like a track by this artist belt Traan called smack Yo. It's like a house kind of track, and for whatever reason, the geist child started like tick, like just robotically ticking, like in the like he was doing what people were doing in the TikTok video. But instinctively he didn't see it. He just heard the track. He started doing it.
Speaker 3: And then I was like, get in here. He's about to do it. He's doing dances to this song.
Speaker 1: And and it like like like I don't know, did jeppetto go through this with Pinocchio where no one believed that he was like actually moving around. He's like, I swear to god, this little fucker is just doing it.
Speaker 3: You just you missed it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, this track, personally, I've been playing a lot just because it makes my baby dance. You might find an annoying or you might be like, oh, okay, I can maybe they'll try that on my own young children again. Smack Yo by Beltran. Check it out as my baby is a ticking and a talking too.
Speaker 3: It see if it makes you chicking and a talking too. The Daily's I Guess is the production of my Heart Radio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the heart Radio app, Apple Podcaster, wherever you listen to your favorite show. That's gonna do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to you all then. Bye bye bye