Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Beyonce Inflation trend that is courtesy of our first story. I'm Jack, that's Miles. Yeah, and Beyonce has caused inflation in the nation.
Speaker 2: Of Sweden, spared ye or I don't know how you said so. I always see it written like that in the Olympics.
Speaker 3: Sure you don't call it Sweden. What such a cool name.
Speaker 2: But like, yeah, she kicked off the Renaissance tour in Sweden, and I'm super producer Becka said she knew someone who flew to Sweden for the show because they could get better seats for the cost of going to Sweden than they in like a US show. So and I've a lot of people like apparently went there because it was like the first show, so it wasn't just like only people in Sweden. So I guess they said Beyonce started her world tour. Uh wait, Okay, how much the inflation went up? But probably point two to point three of a percentage point that hotels and slash restaurants have added. And they're basically saying, like the increase is caused to quote an increase in a broad set of goods and services for instance, hotel and restaurant visits, and recreational service services which include concert tickets. So like, the sheer volume of money and shit being spent was just like, okay, had a little bump in the inflation, but.
Speaker 1: None and just yeah, people can just charge more, Like that's what inflation is. It's like everyone's like, oh shit, we can charge people more money. They're spending that much money on this bullshit, not that it's bullshit. Beyonce tickets great, you know, seeing her Sweden or Beyonce tickets Sweden. You would be able to She'd be able to hear everything you shouted, because I like, I'm just picturing a lot of polite, like blondehaired people.
Speaker 3: Now up they went up.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they were throwing meatballs.
Speaker 3: They went up like the price meatballs.
Speaker 4: Yo, wild Man offensive Lingenberry's flying. I'm sorry. All I know is Ikea and Freddy Yungberg.
Speaker 2: But anyway, yeah, I mean it just shows the power of the gravitational pull of an artist like that, and you know, a lot of people like to lean into, you know, co opting the gravitational pull of artists, which brings us to our next trend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do love our divas on this show. We talked Pink on yesterday's trending, we were talking Beyonce, and now we're talking Lady Gaga. Oh yeah, Well, the real thing that's trending, I mean, Lady Gaga is always quietly simmering in the background on all social media platforms. But out of nowhere, Nerd tech ODT is trending because of a Lady Gaga ad that people are objecting to.
Speaker 3: I didn't know it was an ad.
Speaker 1: I thought she was just speaking truth, just kind of turning her proverbial chair around backwards and letsling with her fans, I mean monsters out there.
Speaker 2: The piser branding on her images was first. I was like, wait, no, this can't be it because the the caption on this Instagram post was was written exactly in her voice. I think most come to know, and I'll read this in the image is Lady.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there is a logo. You know what I've said. I have that.
Speaker 1: Permanently burned into my retinas, the way that like people who leave Fox News on their TV.
Speaker 3: Have that permanently burned. Yeah.
Speaker 1: When I'm closed my eyes, I have the Nerd tech O DT logo burned into my retinas.
Speaker 3: So that's probably why I didn't notice that.
Speaker 2: Okay, in fact, also by its drug name remegapant. But what yeah, just so you know, just so this caption makes sense from this lady go Instagram still image post.
Speaker 3: Who was remigapant for?
Speaker 1: Like they come up with that name first, and they're like, we'll let the marketing people come up with a better one. But is that really their rough draft or is that like those are all just like chemical compounds together exactly.
Speaker 2: I think it's yeah, it's it's remigapant, Jack, Come on, of course, I know. But here's what you wrote. Ever since childhood, I've dealt with my grain pain. When I tried nerd tech odt puts the parentheticalmig seventy five milligrams for the first time, I had founded sooner. That's why I'm proud to partner with nerd tech odt Purple Heart. We're in this together. If you're ready to speak to a doctor, ask about nerd tech odt today sounds like one of our ads intended for us audience's only individual.
Speaker 4: Result prescription only.
Speaker 2: Nerd tch OTT is for the acute treatment of migraine and the preventive of treatment of episodic migraine in adults. It goes on like and then the subsequent it's like a carousel like post. The subsequent two slides are just like all the legal ship that you have to put because you're you know, you're doing a cool pharma ad.
Speaker 1: But the OTT tell your health care provider about all your medical conditions, including if you have liver problems, have kidney problems. Yeah, are pregnant, plan to become pregnant?
Speaker 2: I like, yeah, one post, just comment on here. So many people are like no, want is just no, just know what the hell is this?
Speaker 4: Another one? Oh, rent is due?
Speaker 3: Rent is dude? Do okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I guess you know, look, even the obscenely wealthy they.
Speaker 4: Would like to add a little bit more to the bag. She's like, I need.
Speaker 2: Look, she's telling her managers, like, I wish I could just get Remiga pant for free. That would help me out for a really long time, if I could just get my Remiga pant for free.
Speaker 1: The perform the photo of the performance, she does have like one hand to her temple as if to suggest either this is like she's doing like a dramatic performative like II Captain or she's just like has it has a migraine right now, She's just like, oh no.
Speaker 2: She's like my migraine pain before taking nerd tech odt remega pants, seventy five milligrams was up to here, right, I think? Yeah, it's just hey, man, I really want to know what that costs, right, because it's see this all all the time. Celebrities and artists have the they have a price to do things like that you wouldn't expect them to. And there there's a there's a whole industry of underground performances and appearances by like artists to be like, yeah, I was in Azerbaijan like looking performing for this like best spot for three million dollars, but you'll ever hear about it.
Speaker 4: I really want to know what Lady Gaga got for this? Yeah I got for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, celebrities should not be viewed as individual people. They are like corporations disguised as human beings.
Speaker 3: And you know, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sure this is just like one of five thousand financial decisions that were made by the Lady Gaga, like boardroom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's uh, it's dark all right.
Speaker 1: Jokic has betrayed those of us who are loving his energy, his uh.
Speaker 3: Not here for it? Miss yeah, is I've got a pararade? Are you fucking kidding me?
Speaker 1: Yea, he is behaving as though he just had the first alcoholic beverage of his life, and I know that's not true.
Speaker 2: He was, as I believe Anna said, like when he was first complaining about going to the parade, relatable king. You know, we thought of him about he had enough as a worker. It turns out when you win a national championship and you're the MVP, maybe it is nice to hear hundreds of or tens of thousands or however many thousands of people just scream at you.
Speaker 4: But here was him at the parade saying that he.
Speaker 3: Liked it, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: Though uh you know that I told that I don't want to stay on parade, but I fucking want to stay.
Speaker 3: On thy fucking light.
Speaker 5: This is this is amazing, this is uh. If we're all gonna remember, there's our whole lives and uh and when we see you guys that came out on the streets and actually this one is for you long Dan, or this one is for you, thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Shortened to the point I am this does for me. This is my Lady Gaga posting Nerd Tago.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because we were rooting for you, Nichole.
Speaker 3: We were all rooting for you, for you to be a joker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it, but he's like.
Speaker 3: The joker when you know, when we all go one direction.
Speaker 1: He's a he goes the other direction, you know, following.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: There's a story that made the rounds this week about there's a new Beatles song coming out thanks to AI. Paul McCartney announced that a new final old Beatles song is going to be coming later this year and the it's it's all thanks to the Fifth Beatle Artificial Intelligence A right, and all the resulting headlines made it.
Speaker 2: Sound likely Preston, you don't disrespect Billy Preston now, right, all the real fifth Beatle.
Speaker 4: But we'll call this, we'll call AI. The six people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they all made it so.
Speaker 1: All the headlines made it sound like it was like, you know, Lennon bought three thousand will be singing.
Speaker 4: On this song all the computers.
Speaker 1: Yes, but it's actually like not as creepy as it sounds. The song is just a one of a series of recordings that John Lennon made for Paul McCartney back in nineteen eighty and like it was just a very rough demo tape and then you know he was Paul John Lennon was assassinated, and so they are using the AI tech to basically isolate the audio on the on the table.
Speaker 2: Oh so just clean it up. Yeah, the background sounds so it feels like you have a clean vocal track.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Apparently he saw what they did on the Peter Jackson's Get Back movie with the audio on that which for for decades had been I guess unusable, and then suddenly it sounded like you were in the room with them, and you know, he was like, let's let's give it another go. Then, in terms of like people who are who have high hopes for this latest final you know Beatles song, Paul had already been trying to use this, Like when George was alive in the nineties, the idea like was bandied about that they were going to release this song, and George thought the song was quote fucking rubbish and refused to work on it. All right, George, there you go, keeping it real, always keeping it real, always had young Nikola jokicch energy not would it post pre parade tech Jokic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think is that is that just a term we're going to use now when people like turn heel out he you win nerd tach on.
Speaker 1: Him, are we going to start like is the concept of selling out going to start being a thing again. For a while, it was secure that bag oh yeah, my godhead Lady Gaga. But now it does feel like people are like, what the fuck?
Speaker 4: I think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think selling out would maybe just it all. Yeah, I think coming back, I think we use it again. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it helps class consciousness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back, And choo chow is trending because I was not aware this is a controversy.
Speaker 2: It's like a thing on the internet all the time, or recently it's come up a few times.
Speaker 1: So the question is how many chugga's do you put in front of a chow choo?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I feel like it's fully contextual right.
Speaker 4: In my mind, I'm a or chugg a type guy.
Speaker 3: Chug a chug a chugg a chug a choo choo. That feels like that's a proper build up.
Speaker 1: Adding more mmm, Okay, you know really making this about yourself, aren't you?
Speaker 4: Again, it's it's up to the user.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm saying anybody who gives it a fifth chugga, it's like.
Speaker 3: Okay, man, like what are you? What are we doing here?
Speaker 4: Someone?
Speaker 2: There are a lot of people who like all these comments around, like a post that's kicked off another debate like on Facebook about it. Like one thing that does seem clear is two seems too little, and odd numbers are just kind of weird. Mm hmm, Like you do a seven chugga chug a chugg it chugg it chug it chugg chugg chug a choo choo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that came out of nowhere? What the fuck was that?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that that could harm your children?
Speaker 3: Yeah, chug a chug a chugg a choo choo. I guess I could see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does need to be even for for some reason, chugg a chugg at choo choo feels right, chug a chugga chugg it chug a choo choo. But chug chugga chugg a choo choo feels like we've been interrupted and what are we even doing here?
Speaker 4: My SUPERDUCERD Brian's saying, the chu chuo gotta come first. You do it.
Speaker 3: Cheo choo, chug get chugga chug chugget, choking cho Yeah, you choo choose. Oh yeah, you gotta choo choo again.
Speaker 4: Look, you know again.
Speaker 2: My child is still very young, so we're not quite there yet where I will be able to determine how many is appropriate. But I just know in the culture I was raised in it is an even number, but at minimum four.
Speaker 3: Ask your doctor what's right for you and your family with the number of.
Speaker 2: Chuggers I suffered from odd number of chuggers of chu chu Yeah, thanks a nerd tech uh nerd tech Remiga pant seventy five milligrams I'm doing. I'm chugging away like it was Yesterdayear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Superducer Brian is correct that, first of all, the thing you're going to hear first when a train is approaching is the chow choo.
Speaker 3: That is the point of the chow choo.
Speaker 2: It's not okay, don't get a fucking trainologist on me here now, because.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it makes sense that you would do a chew choo, then there would be a very.
Speaker 3: Quiet build of chuggers.
Speaker 1: But yeah, just in terms of, you know, conversationally, like I do use this phrase pretty frequently when I'm talking to people, and uh, you know, I think just a chug a chugg at chugg at chug at chow choo is right. I think I'm before also, and I don't think I'm just influenced by you.
Speaker 4: That's fine again, whatever you want, we don't mean to chug someone's chew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. Amazon drivers are on strike the first time. Yeah, eighty four drivers in southern California.
Speaker 2: Because again there you know, we know how these things work. It happens in small numbers and then hopefully we'll build something else. We've seen people at warehouse has gone strike, but this is the first time drivers have. And you know they're basically guess what they are advocating for, you know, not fucking dying of heat in southern California at a minimum and better wages.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: And Amazon is doing the predictable thing about being like, well, we.
Speaker 2: Like contract this out to our delivery service partners or DSPs, so this really isn't got.
Speaker 4: Nothing to do with us, although many people like that's bullshit. This is this. You absolutely need to come to the table to bargain over this. I don't. I We'll see, we'll see where we see.
Speaker 2: We'll see where they go, because Amazon has a amazing track record for union busting and doing everything they can to avoid sitting at the table to negotiate with workers.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we're not really a company. We're just like a group of people who like working together and hanging out with each other. And that's really and then we just take all the money of every transaction.
Speaker 4: It's wild.
Speaker 2: One of the drivers has basically like they talk about anyone who's lived in southern California and been through a heat wave, You've had the experience of entering a car that's been in the sun all day, you know, just cooking, and how like it's it's disorienting how hot it can be. These vans are like convection of and they're talking about like in the extreme heat, it can get up to one hundred and thirty five degrees inside.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: And you know, one of the few.
Speaker 2: Drivers are saying, like you, I'll go through twelve bottles of water in a day and pee once dehydrated. I am not the draconian, don't peepee rules of Amazon. But like, that's how much fucking like hydration I'm losing. So yeah, here we are. It's all it's all coming together. But you know, are we gonna se business as usual?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean ups just you know, finally gave in to be like, all right, we'll figure out how to get you guys.
Speaker 3: Won't make drive a fucking oven around town?
Speaker 4: What about those oven mits we gave you to hold the steering wheel with.
Speaker 1: That's like I could honestly see that being we are nice, we are good bosses.
Speaker 3: We gave them for our workers.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And Twitter has some exciting news. They've been named the worst social media platform for LGBTQ users.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is absolutely no surprise given what has happened in the past year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Glad does this every year.
Speaker 2: And you know, while they said they're like all the social media platforms are fucking up, They're like, no one is doing enough to TBTQ people on those platforms.
Speaker 4: But they're like, but Twitter, let me tell y'all about this. They're the only motherfuckers that saw their.
Speaker 2: Rating go down from the pred which obviously makes sense because Elon like fucking went scorched earth and got rid of anybody who was trying that thing from going full cess pit completely.
Speaker 1: And intentionally regressive. Oh yeah, on purpose was his business plan, which didn't make sense as a business plan, but it did make sense for him listening to his reply guys and getting more attention.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you see Linda Yakarino, the person who was supposed to come in to help CEO.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just a salesperson.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you see her tweets, like like on her first day. Dude, they were so fucking vague that like they frightened me because like I just can't like they don't like it's such here.
Speaker 4: Let me just tell you this.
Speaker 2: Some of the shits he said, Hello Twets, it's almost you know what. It reminds you of the Garth Brooks Facebook live thing. It's like, Hello Twitter. People keep asking me why Twitter, So I'll tell you and then goes on and say some shit about elons.
Speaker 3: But now we got to go into Twitter. Two points know, Hi, Twitter World?
Speaker 4: Yeah, one on that.
Speaker 2: Mission become the world's most accurate real time information source in a global town square for communication. That's not an empty promise, that's our that's our reality. When you start by wrapping your arms around this powerful vision. Literally everything is possible. You have to you have to genuinely believe and work hard for that belief.
Speaker 1: What Yeah, No, that definitely needed a well, I guess it's official at the beginning of it, and then yeah, yeah, that's big Garth Brooks announcing he's on Facebook for the first time energy.
Speaker 4: Which fog I believe.
Speaker 2: I thought it was neat cool stuff, cool stuff. The success of Twitter two point zero is all of our responsibility. We need to think big, we need to transform, we need to.
Speaker 4: Do it all age.
Speaker 3: Shut up, I'm leaving my body. I'm physically yeah, holy.
Speaker 4: Yeah obi wand your whole outfa.
Speaker 1: Obi Wand now there's just a blue force ghosts next to my dead body. Uh, finishing this episode up.
Speaker 2: Rubbing samples because I have a migraine because you didn't take yeah, megapant.
Speaker 1: Megapant seventy five milligrams. I love throwing the milligrams. And into the conversational part, like, you know, that was a big legal conversation that had to happen, right, yeah, Well you know I.
Speaker 4: Wonder how much, like was there any pushback, which he's.
Speaker 1: Like, I know, this is the this is the part where I'm just addressing them in my voice. Yeah yeah, but we need we need the seventy five million. And actually that's kind of how people talk about it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I get that dosage like matters when you're totally thinking it, but like it's but again, it's so heavy handed that Now that's what's so funny is like these things will never come off as and no branded post comes, He's gonna come off as sincere, like unless you fully let Lady.
Speaker 4: Gaga be like yeah, man, I fuck with a megapant and like that was it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Like okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Now, all right, well those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday afternoon.
Speaker 3: We are back tomorrow with a whole last episode, and then we are off on Monday for Juneteenth. Happy Juneteenth to everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then back on Tuesday with the big long weekend trending updates, and then Wednesday with the whole last episode and we will talk to you all then bye.