Speaker 1: Welcome everybody. It is the Fade This Podcast, our first major college basketball postseason edition, Matt Jones and Drew Franklin. We would like to welcome all the new listeners who are joining us. Who heard they ran advertisements Drew for Fade This on all the podcasts, so like Dan Patrick and Club Shaysha and all of these podcasts have ads now for us, so presumably we'll get some new listeners, so we're going to welcome them to get ready for March madness. Yeah, maybe you.
Speaker 2: Were listening to Caliperian John Wall on Points.
Speaker 1: That's right, it gave you over to us.
Speaker 2: Maybe a little Kentucky doubleheader podcast you have going.
Speaker 1: On lumb five twenty or up in all that smoke, like all of those, I think they're running these ads on so you know, I'm excited to have all those people. And you're probably going, well, what do they do on Fade This. Well, here's what we do. We make predictions about games, and we're pretty good at it. I know we won't sound like it, but we had a big year in football, did really well in the NFL, you know, fifty to fifty or so on college, but really well in the NFL and college basketball. That's our zone. You know, we are Kentucky fans. We follow college basketball probably more than other people should. I actually did an interview today with the Wall Street Journal about my college basketball knowledge. They said, we would like to talk to you about something about college basketball. Would you like to know what it was? And what was it? What made you send the tweet Cream abdul Jabbar about Robbie of Ila's going crazy. Wall Street Journal is doing a profile of him and they are sort of saying they he was like, did you come up with the name Cream abdul Jabar? And if you haven't seen the kid, you need to see him. There's a there's a white dude that plays for Indiana State that looks like me when I was in high school. Just I was maybe dork here, maybe he was dork here. I don't know. And I said, well, I didn't come up with it, But like somebody on my show did a listener, and so I got to hear all of his nicknames. We knew Larry Nerd, that one's my favorite. We knew uh dork Novitzky another good one. I also like, he says the one he likes the most Robbie Avila is Steph Blurry, but a lot with the blur go with the goggles there.
Speaker 2: I'm just partial to the play up with the nerd with the Indiana State Connection tess.
Speaker 1: So he said. The reporter for the Wall Street Journal said he loves it and that he thinks people like him because they can relate to him, which I think is probably correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you can go to your local gym and there's a Robbie there. That's why it's so weird to see that guy your local gym on TV when you're watching them play, and hopefully they go far into March so that he can become the national sensation.
Speaker 1: You know, we're gonna, We're gonna. So here's what we're gonna do today. There are thirty two conference tournaments. Did you know there were thirty two conferences? I did? You did? Yeah? How did you know that?
Speaker 2: Because the link up pulled upset preview of all thirty two. I mean before you put that link up, would you know there is Yeah? I couldn't name them or anything, but yeah, I knew that there was thirty y.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna do this week the first sixteen and if you listen the first final is actually I think Friday night, this coming Friday night, and then there'll be finals really every night for the rest of the next nine days. But if you listen to this, you have this week to get yourself ready for the sixteen finals, and then next week we will get together and we'll do the other sixteen. Now, most of these this week, Drew, I would say, are the non majors. You know, in the tournament, they always talk about mid major teams, but they never just say like non major. They have major mid May But then they act like all these conferences are mid majors. Some have to.
Speaker 2: Be not major minors.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we want to say minors, but some of them have to be like low major or minor. I guess yeah, And we're probably we're probably gonna do some of these right here.
Speaker 2: It's all right. These can be the most exciting sometimes these bring the most thrilling, buzzer beaters, most competitive games because they're playing for that one spot to get into the big dance.
Speaker 1: That's right. So if you listen to this, you're gonna be ready for when you go to parties this weekend. And in the background, the Atlantic Sun championship is on, You'll have things to talk about with. You'll be able to go, oh, Atlantic Sun more like Atlantic Fun. You'll be able to say things like that, and you'll be the hit of the party.
Speaker 2: That sounds like my kind of party. Just go somewhere, elsta around, talk a little a sun basketball? Is that what you're doing this weekend?
Speaker 1: Actually? I am going to at least one of these tournaments. Oh have you picked? Gonna go through you? And I have been to some of them.
Speaker 2: There several t shirts.
Speaker 1: Went to the Missouri Valley Tournament one year. Arch Madness that's in Saint Louis, Billy. Do you get Arch Madness. It's like the Saint Louis Arch.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I've been up in that thing, that small elevator. You gotta cram inside to get up there.
Speaker 1: Oh you mean the arts, yeah, not Arch Madness. Yeah, and that's I think the Arch is a huge let Have you ever been? Yeah, I've been up there. Yeah. My friends this was how this, you know. We I was at a really cool fratorney and we were at the Arch and our friends laid on the ground and spelled out the fraternity letters and we took a picture on top of the art well spring Breaks, it was actually it was actually maybe on spring break.
Speaker 2: Yeah, getting wild. You didn't get any tickets, did you, he finds.
Speaker 1: You know, it was before cell phones, so like we had no way of telling them when we were up there and when we were ready, so they just had to lay in that position for like twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: That makes it more impressive, honestly, And I mean, did you have a picture? Did you just do it for you?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: He was Actually we had to do it on a physical camera, right, so there was a physical camera.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure it ever got developed. Le's just getting more and more dangerous. I like it now, but I remember when we were at Arch Madness, our seats were so high up in the arena. I think we were higher up than the arch. Where did the Blues play? I can't think.
Speaker 1: I wonder if the people that were walking around were like, these dudes ever gonna get up in the shape of cause it was Delta Sigma fied. If you think about the fire, you have to cross each other, so like one guy was laying on top of the others.
Speaker 2: Wild spring Break, story Break, Delta five.
Speaker 1: Spring Breakers, like it was wild. I mean, I can't if you weren't there, I don't know what to take. So we've been to that. You and I have also been to the Big South Tournament. Do you remember that in Ashville? I do for some reason.
Speaker 2: I have vivid memories of where we parked, but not the teams that played.
Speaker 1: No, I'll tell you how you'll remember it. You remember the president of one of the university was leading the student section and took his shirt off.
Speaker 2: Remember that. That was like the craziest school president I've ever seen. I haven't seen a lot of them, probably three ever, but he was. He was acting like maybe the most rabid student fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he took his shirt off and was in the students. I want to say. It was like unc Asheville or something, and he took his shirt off. And then I've been to uh, I think you went to this too, the OVC.
Speaker 2: I've been there a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Yes, we went in. So we've been to three of these tournaments.
Speaker 2: Throw in the sec that we'll get to later down the road, but we're just we're not quite the two yet, but we hope to get there see them all.
Speaker 1: So So here's holding on. We're gonna get started now. I'm going to name the tournament. Billy's gonna set up the table for us. He's gonna tell us where the tournament is in the top four seeds, and then Drew is gonna give us a sleeper. Now, it can be one of the you know, three or four seater. It could be somebody off the radar.
Speaker 2: It could be someone completely pull out of a hat. I don't know better.
Speaker 1: And then we will pick our winner. So the first one is the OVC. Now I have some breaking news. I'm going to be at the OVC turn for Friday night, so I already know. Billy. It's in Evansville. That's right at the Ford Center. You going to the Ford Center. Duncan Kavanaugh and I are making the trip for the semis Friday night. We decided not going to the finals, just the semifinals Friday night in Evansville, Like like boys do more.
Speaker 2: Games at the semifinals. You want as much basketball as you can take in.
Speaker 1: If we didn't have a remote, I was gonna go to the quarterfinals.
Speaker 2: That's the attitude.
Speaker 1: But we have a remote, so we can't do it. So tell me a little bit about the OVC this year. How's it going who's in it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me tell you the top four. It's Little Rock and ut Martin at the top, and then Morehead State in Western Illinois round out the three and four seeds.
Speaker 1: First of all, didn't know Little Rock was in the OVC. Don't think Little Rock is in the Ohio Valley of America. You said Ut Martin. I think they've been there before. Morehead's been in it for a while. And who would you say the other one was Western Illinois? I don't think I know where that is Illinois, So thank you. I don't think any of the teams are in or near Evansville, now, so why do you think the tournament is in evans.
Speaker 2: Evans's just a great place, got the Lloyd Expressway, restaurants right around the Ford Center. There a little eastn Mall, kind of the hub of If you drew a circle around the whole conference, it would probably be right in the middle.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so those are the favorites. Do you have a sleeper on your rate? Now?
Speaker 2: I do have a sleeper, although they might even be the betting favorite, but they are the number three seed playing an extra game, so it's not that good.
Speaker 1: They do the bracket where instead there's only like eight eight eight teams, but they make it to where their top two seeds are protected, so the bottom four play and then they play the three and the four, and then they play the one and the two. So so so like, you don't want to be the three seed, which which Morehead is? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm picking Morehead. They're the best team in the conference. They had just a little bit of a losing streak, which obviously threw off the standings there. They lost at Little Rock by two and had some injuries in that game. You're obviously playing the extra day. You gotta win another game. But I think they're the better team. So the three seed is winning the OVC.
Speaker 1: You're taking more hit.
Speaker 2: I'm taking more Head.
Speaker 1: Preston Spradlin is the coach of Morehead and we're he's our friend. He used to live here in Lexington. He was Cala Perry's what was this job.
Speaker 2: I don't remember the exact role, but he was on those those first.
Speaker 1: He was with John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins. And so when you watch Morehead State in the OVC tournament, you see Preston Spradlin, just think John Wall because they were boys.
Speaker 2: He should take credit for the player, you know how, like Kenny Payne when he went to Louisville he used like Julius Randall and some of the graphics. Moreheads should just claim John wall and to Marcus Cousins and anyone that was the UK when Preston's Bradlin was there.
Speaker 1: Uh, Billy, I'm gonna pick Morehead as well because of Preston. Okay, here's something you don't know about Morhead. Drew and I one time went to a fraternity house at Morehead. So, like most of these stories about us going places, CBS Sports and Fox Sports in back to back years hired Drew and I to go to fourteen games in fourteen days on fourteen campuses. We did it two straight years, a lot of games. It was a lot of games, and so most of the weird places we've been are from that. One of the games was Morehead and it was when Kenneth far Reid was on the team along with whatever that guard was. It was the year they beat Louisville. Yep, we happened to be there early in the year. They then beat Louisville I think in the NCAA tournament and when the game was over. There were some guys who knew who we were and said you should come back to the frat house with us, and I guess we were like, yeah, it'll be cool. The thirty two year old goes to the brat house with him with these guys, And we went to the frat house. And here's what I remember of it. It was me, you and Chris Tomlin and you guys were drinking. I don't drink a lot. And this guy just looked at you and me and Tomlin and goes, hey, I know it's gonna sound crazy, but like if we murdered somebody tonight, are you cool with it? No, I'm am I kidding you cool with a little murder man. I think he was asking if we wanted to actively participate, which we did not be very clear. I at that point thought, I mean, I thought he was kidding. You know, you can't risk him not being kidding. So I asked to leave. And I remember this was a much younger Drew Franklin. Drew said, I feel like the nice yeh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I have to participate.
Speaker 1: There's other things we can do. So I think we stayed for a little while and then we ended up at I think the be Duves, which is the only place to go.
Speaker 2: I mean we were giving a red pill and a blue pill, and we went with the boneless wings.
Speaker 1: We chose be Duves rather than you know, accessory to murder. So all of these are the reasons to pick more. Yeah, we did go in there with intentions. We're on this road trip, we have one night. We wanted to see what Lst. Johnson arena and Morehead Basketball. Didn't expect someone to explain how they know where to make a body disappear. He had a very detailed plan. It was uncomfortable. Yeah, he had clearly really thought about it. He was like, well, go, I've got a truck. The bush hog's running right now. I mean it's in the back like and I think he was just trying to see our reaction. But I don't know. And if they're there, wasn't murder the night that Moorehead won in two thousand and eleven. I know the suspects to start if it's unsolved.
Speaker 2: And we were at b Dubs from ten pm to whenever they closed that night. We were not a part of it, but it was certainly a weird experience when We were just trying to take in a lot of OVC basketball and for.
Speaker 1: That go more ahead.
Speaker 3: I can't think of the three Sea cast that has that morehead state analysis.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you guarantee you won't. You won't hear that on the Damn Patrick's show when he previews the the OVC turnament. All right, so one down, one down, fifteen to go.
Speaker 2: We nailed that on. Just stop for here.
Speaker 1: What is the next tournament? I have the Big South.
Speaker 3: That's right in high Point, North Carolina. The Big South's top four teams are, believe it or not, High Points got the number one seed. Okay, unc Ashville at two, there you go, Gardner Webb familiar name at three, a lot of names, and Winthrop comes in at four.
Speaker 1: All right, so let's go through these. Do you remember, Drew, just last year we went to the Hooters in high Point, North Carolina? Do you remember that?
Speaker 2: Hang on a second. I feel like in the last few years we've been to a lot of random wing joints.
Speaker 1: You to know why. We went to the Greensboro tournament and Ryan just out of nowhere looked at us and said, I want to go to Hooters like adamantly and he said, other than the one in Greensboro. Now my question is where would.
Speaker 2: He You know, a lot of people keep like their coaching waiting for ever the list, all this stuff in their pocket. Ryan has his power Hooters power ranisms that he updates in his pocket.
Speaker 1: By the way, should you tell people about our Greensboro trip or is that like not for a national pott?
Speaker 2: Probably not?
Speaker 1: Okay? All right, So we go to the We go to the high forty.
Speaker 2: We've already put ourselves near a murder in our first tournament.
Speaker 1: Pretty hot fifteen minutes. Yeah. Uh. We go to the high Point and it was during the NCAA tournament. And the thing I remember about the high Point Hooters is it's like Billy eight o'clock on let's say the Friday of the NCAA tournament, oh New Wigan. They had no games on none, none of the NCAA tur They were showing a rerun of a spring training baseball game. That's what they were showing at the high Point. Hoot.
Speaker 2: I remember Duke was playing Duke basketball not far away, was active in a basketball game, and no one in there even had any interest in asking.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to say to those of you that may attend the Big South Tournament this year. Don't think you can go to Hooters and see the action stay in the arena.
Speaker 2: Thinking back to that trip, that was a good time in Greenville, Greensboro, Greensboro, excuse me, it was Greensboro.
Speaker 1: All right. So I have won quite a bit of money this year. Well, first of all, what is your what is your sleeper?
Speaker 2: No high point, because they're not focused on any other teams around there.
Speaker 1: Your sleeper is the one seed.
Speaker 2: Well, all right, I'll go h Presbyterian from way in the back of the back. Didn't they upset someone earlier in this year?
Speaker 1: I think yes, Actually they beat Michigan State.
Speaker 2: No, it was there we go.
Speaker 1: They beat Vandyne wouldn't remember that the first game of the year, they beat Vandy. That's exactly right.
Speaker 2: So the bookend on their season, they're gonna they opened the season by beating a power five. They're gonna end it with the conference championship.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now as far as the pick, I'm going to take unc Asheville. I've won quite a bit of money this year gambling on unc Asheville and actually gambled a unc Ashville Presbyterian game at once, So I am I'm I'm all in on on unc Ashville and I liked them quite a bit in this tournament. I think they tied with high Point for the thing, but high Point got the host, probably because of the hooters. I'm taking unc Ashville forgot. I am Presbyterian too, just claiming this is people should know. Since I'm you know, promoting them and this is gambling, I should let people know I am Presbyterian. Yeah, the Church of Christ team is unfortunately not playing. So are you taking high Point as your pick? No, I'm rolling Presbyterian. I see they're thirty to one. I'm thinking about that win against Vanderbilt. Look at the bracket when they When does Presbyterian open up? And who again?
Speaker 3: They've got a tough matchup against Gardner Webb, the three seed.
Speaker 1: Beat Kentucky many years ago with Billy.
Speaker 3: Glass eight pm, Friday night, March eighth.
Speaker 2: I'm a little worried about the late start. You know, we're early risers, those Presbyterians. But we'll be fine.
Speaker 1: What's uh, what's like the defining characteristic could be in a Presbyterian Well.
Speaker 2: I mentioned this before on our show. But sticking with basketball, we only had half of a gym, and that's where I learned to play. It's one thing that concerns me if any teams want to get up and down with Presbyterian, A little worried about how we'll play in the full court.
Speaker 1: Your church only had a half court.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, and actually it was full court, but it was a very small gym.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was a full court, just condensed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you know, gotcha, if there's a pot luck anything going on, it goes in there first.
Speaker 1: You have to know the full size. It does make a difference, Billy. We had Ohio Valley Wrestling for our new listeners. I am one of the owners of Ohio Valley Restling at Manchester Music Hall and they said to us, hey, put your ring there. That's where the midget wrestling put their ring because they had had midget wrestling when it didn't fit the way they they said, they go, oh, yeah, their ring is half the size, which that's not a joke. Midget wrestling rings are twelve by twelve. Regular wrestling ring is twenty by twenty. Okay, makes sense. Proportions. Never knew them very similar to Presbyterian churches.
Speaker 2: Okay, I guess I kind of see how you made that leap a little bit. I'm just just saying I worry about us on a full size court rather than that we're gonna be all right.
Speaker 1: All right, so we both I'm going with you in c Ashville. You are your serious pick. Yes, right, all right, there you go, all right. Next is the Missouri Valley. Tell us about the Missouri that's right, the MVC.
Speaker 3: It's going to be at the Enterprise Center in Saint Louis in Indiana state has the number one seat.
Speaker 1: I believe, Cream Abdul Jabbar.
Speaker 3: That's right, Drake locked up the two. Bradley will be representing the three, and you and.
Speaker 1: I will be four. Is that Northern Iowa? I believe. So you and I have been there. We've been to that school. One of my favorites got snowed in at Northern Iowa. They have a they have a campus. Their gym is like a ymca. The gym is here and there's a walking track around the top where like old ladies on top of the gym. Yeah, so you know, I mean think about like if you were to go to Planet Fitness or whatever, and there'd be a gym, and then there'd be a walking track sort of over it. That's their gym at Northern Iowa and they have to leave it open for the walkers. My life, I feel like I remember free pizza there too, and they gave away free pizza that it was a big game. They were playing Old Dominion in the old bracket Buster and it was televised and Drew and I went and they gave away free pizza to get their students there, and I just remember it was this massive game. It was the year nor then I would beat Kansas. You remember that was the year we were there that Jay Foraroka Manous or whatever. Weeks before they went, saw him right before they went. Yeah, we were there that year and I remember this big game. And yet there were these old ladies top of the arena in Cedar.
Speaker 2: Falls, Iowa.
Speaker 1: I get this. It's either it's I think it's there is a Cedar Rapids and a Cedar Falls. And I think before than I was in Cedar Falls with head coach Ben Jacobson, who's still the head coach. There was a crazy guy the student section who's fully painted, and he added me on Facebook and would just randomly check out with me. Years later, i've rooted for that team more than any other team beyond Kentucky because of that random Cedar falls, correct, Cedar falls. I do remember they had like a beautiful woman there that you and I that you considered moving to Cedar Falls for, and.
Speaker 2: Then I looked around. Never mind no offense Cedar falls.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now, this will be a big tournament because I Indian State and Drake are both very good. They both probably should make the NCAA tournament, but neither is a lock. So that championship game on Sunday, if it's those two teams, might be the most important championship game in all of Championship Week because it's two teams that are both very good. One of them might not make the tournament unless they win.
Speaker 2: Isn't it a little unfair that the world wants Indiana State to win?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: I mean, these poor teams that Larry nerd is is gonna be the best thing for college basketball. Indiana State has to get through this and get him in the field. So I mean, I guys have to do my sleeper pick. But I think we all know that America will be rooting for him because of you reminding me of our great time there. My Facebook picture was me in the student section for many years. I'm picking my panthers. You even to one, they're the four seed. I hate saying it, but let's go ahead. Get Larry Nerd out of there early. Go ahead and get him out of the field so people can get over it. Know that he's not in March madness, and I'll take Northern Iowa.
Speaker 1: I'm going. I mean, I'm going with kream Abdul Jabbar. I mean, I can't go with I gotta go with the dude with the chubby dude with the tattoo and the goggles. The Wall Street Journal called about him today. I mean, I've got to be on his side. Even though we've never met, he apparently now knows who I am for putting the tweet out, so I got to pick him.
Speaker 2: I don't know how a lot of these teams have done all year. I'm not watching it closely, but you have a lot of teams like Belmont Murray State where they're not seated where they normally be, but they I mean, that's some names that are that are used to being.
Speaker 1: In the midst and that game is like Sunday or Saturday before Kentucky and Tennessee like it's on regular CBS. It's on like the regular you know, main as I said, CBS. So arch madness. It's arch madness, all right. So next I have the Atlantic Sun. Tell me about the Atlantic Side.
Speaker 3: That's right, A little bit different in the Atlantic Sun. They are hosting by campus site in this tournament. So e Ku is the one seed.
Speaker 1: Oh, Eastern Kentucky's the one seed. That's right. Okay.
Speaker 3: Stetson comes in at two lips at three in Austin p at four.
Speaker 1: It feels like this should be the Ohio Valley, right, Like those are the same teams that were in the Ohio Valley.
Speaker 2: You threw me off earlier this morning on our morning show. I couldn't name it a team from this commerce. I'd forgotten a lot of the old o VC teams had moved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm gonna peak Eastern. Their coach is what a W. A W Hamilton, A W. Hamilton. Every time I hear his name, I think of the guy who ran for Jaylor in Bell County named j W.
Speaker 2: Heard, I think of Alexander Hamilton.
Speaker 1: Okay, ever tell you about his song? No, I don't know if I should sing this song on a podcast that is now national. But he ran for Sheriff Jaylor. He ran for Jaylor and he has and he sang it himself. Yeah, I need to hear it, all right. It went like this. This was like when I was six, and I still remember this. JB, you heard is a man? J Dub you heard for land. He proved it in World War Two. He'll prove it again for you. JB, you heard is a man? Wow, that was beautiful.
Speaker 2: I wonder if.
Speaker 1: I was talking about him with my mom because I remember that song and she told me he died a few years ago. He did not win, but he's should have. He won when he made that song. But remember his main campaign theme was He's a man, no flaws in that. That was the That was the punchline, is that he's a man.
Speaker 2: But you remember the song, so that worked.
Speaker 1: So because of him, I have to pick Eastern in aw Hamlet.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like there's a theme here me picking the four seed. But I like my Austin p governors here. You used to be a manager, former ball boy.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I couldn't be a manager. I tried and tried as hard as I'd scrubbed that cord during time out. So I just never got to hold a clipboard. But yes I did. I did log several minutes on the Austin pe baseline. Uh as a as a young kid, I thought Let's Go Pee was the greatest chance in the history of sports. I didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I still think it's the great Well, I mean, the greatest chant in college basketball history was when they had James Fly Williams. Who's the best player, Billy, you've probably never heard of, Okay, look him up. He's like considered the best New York street ball player in history. New York Times has written about him. His name is James Fly Williams. He went to Austin P and they had a chance that said the flies open, Let's go pee. It's gonna ask Afro.
Speaker 2: You can't beat that.
Speaker 1: Hey, they'll never be a better chance than that. Will there. No, it's it's perfect.
Speaker 2: It's really perfect, just like this seven to one odds on the Governor's Let's Go Pee. I can't name a player.
Speaker 1: I can't believe how much stuff is coming to my mind. I think they brought James Fly Williams back to where is Austin P. What's the town of Sarksville, Clarksville. I think they brought him back like a year or two ago to retires Jersey. I didn't get to vit.
Speaker 2: I thought they would have had me to come back to Usually they have us all down there on the court.
Speaker 1: They should have. He was star though. Yeah. So so I'm going with Eastern Uh, you're going with Austin p all right, next conference. I know the membership of this conference has changed dramatically, so I have no idea who's in it. The Sun Belt.
Speaker 3: Called by the fun Belt by some, it's going to be in Pensacola, Florida. App State is the one seed.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're good. Actually they beat Auburn this year.
Speaker 3: We've got James Madison at two two in three in Arkansas State in four.
Speaker 1: So James Madison I think is up for an at large bid and they're a two. Yes, James Madison at the two. Huh.
Speaker 2: And it seems every time for Kentucky's purposes because that's what we focus on. They love putting app State in the same bracket as Kentucky and all these projections.
Speaker 1: Do they Yep, James Madison is a gate in three and I think they beat Michigan State, an app state must be good too. If they're ahead of them, I'm taking James Madison. Been a great year for them. Their football team is good. Pft went was the picker. They had college game Day for a game this year. I think that the ride continues. Give me James Madison in Pensacola. You been what's in Pensacola? You there?
Speaker 2: That's where the Blue Angels are. I think I haven't been there for the Panhandle.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's in the Panhandle. You don't want to go there now, you don't The panhandles like those are the weirdest people. So I'm serious, like, and I'm from eastern Kentucky. The panhandleswear like when you see videos of like somebody like did you see the video tweeted out today of the Trump guy who's like he said that he didn't want a woman to be president because she can't scratch her balls? Did you not see the video? That's not when you started that sentence for the podcast, you know what I gotta say. You don't really want to let me hear its president you have no balls to scratch? Scratch it. All the women's good for my book is having babes and taking care of the house. And that's that's the old thing. You know. I'm old school, so you never even considered her mainly because she's a woman's female. I mean, females. Don't take me wrong. Females know what they're doing, but they still got to have a little bit of guidance. Probably goodness, this was this was just like a few years ago. This is not like. This was not like in the nineteen six Willingly said that into a camera. Yes, and he used his name. He lives in Graham, North Carolina. So for because of him alone, I'm picking James Madison.
Speaker 2: I guess I'll go with app State. They're the favorite here. I know my assignment is to be the sleeper.
Speaker 1: That's okay, you can pick the favor Yeah, and I've.
Speaker 2: Done a lot of four seats get to become a little problem here. Family has been talking to me about it. So I'm going to go with app State here. They've I'm looking at their schedule here, they've only lost one game since January sixth to Texas State.
Speaker 1: So why don't they have these tournaments where the teams are like, wouldn't it be tender to see App State and James Madison play where their fan bases could go than play in Pensacola.
Speaker 2: I meant to ask you on the last tournament we were talking about, because it's campuses, you do you like going to the campuses or do you like centralized location?
Speaker 1: I like the campuses, especially for these small conferences because who wants to see an empty like who wants to see an empty arena for the final game? You know, Like I'm sure in Evansville that's not going to be a great atmosphere. You're going to be there.
Speaker 2: You're one of the people that's going to be there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I would say I prefer the arena. What about you?
Speaker 2: I think some of them might do like a round on the campus sites to you know, weed out your eleven seeds and then they moved somewhere. But yeah, but when it gets to you know, your quarterfinals, I'd want it to all be in one spot. Like the SEC tournament. We're going to do it next week. I loved all day. Just put me in Bridgetone arena.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I would say this will again. We talked about this with Indiana State and Drake app State James Madison final would be a game you'd want to watch. I mean, they're both teams that they're the eleven or twelve seed that could win a first round game. Thirteen seed there, that would be a game to watch. Right the Southern Conference, where's that? Yes?
Speaker 3: Our sixth conference game that we're picking is in Ashville, North Carolina. Samford has locked up the one seed. Okay, UNC Greensboro is it the two? Chattanooga is at three in Western Carolina, rounds us out Seah.
Speaker 1: I like that it's very centrally located for all four of those teams. All four of those teams could drive to that arena if they want to. I have seen Samford play. They run up and down the court, drew like, they get up and down. They are one of the fastest team. I think they might be one of the highest scoring teams in the country. They're fun to watch. Give me Sanford a Baptist school.
Speaker 2: I like Ashville is a place where it's like a little bit of a destination too, so even if your team's not very good, you might still get a turn.
Speaker 1: They still have the people who Hulu houp in downtown where in Ashville? Remember this you were with me? Oh yeah, there's a park in downtown Ashville. It was very weird where we went twice over the course of two years, and both times we went there were a group of people just hula hooping, which makes me think, I just assume people are always huluoping in downtown Ashville. I don't know if that's true, but I've been twice They've hulahum both times, so I'm gonna assume they did.
Speaker 2: When we went, there's so many people in one spot and they weren't really communicating. They're all it looked like they were hypnotized. I was like, is someone gonna do something about this? But then people are just walking by them with groceries and walking dogs, like it's just normal to be in that little square hula hooping.
Speaker 1: You and Abby like go to Built Moore to like have a romantic weekends, right and look at leaves? Or am I wrong about that?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I've never been to the Biltmore, but I do like Asheville. We've been to Nashville. We stayed at the Haunted Hotel there one time. You might be thinking of that trip. No, I haven't done the Bill Moore. I actually have an Ashville trip on the books coming up.
Speaker 1: So yeah, technically like Ashville is one of those places for people who live in the other parts of the country. The only people that go are married, Like you would like before that you and I I mean you did like Turkey Hunter big on Ashville trips. You know, it's like the gatlin Burg for the bougie of this area.
Speaker 2: Well, my upcoming when we're only going it's part of a longer drive and it's a nice stopping point. But I like it has a good beer scene.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: They got a lot of good beer?
Speaker 1: I mean anywhere, well they do, but.
Speaker 2: Sierra Nevada their brewery it's really big. There a lot of things that would do. It's like a destination. I'm not saying pack up the kids and go there. And when we go in a few months, it's gonna be only our second time going together.
Speaker 1: It's been a lot. Maybe we will go to the biltmore and tell you about it. Yeah, the billboard is just like a rich person's house, right, That's what I do think. Though. There are a few blocks at Ashville where everything is like old timmy Billy so so, like even the McDonald's is built like an eighteen eighties house and.
Speaker 3: They got barstools and paper hats on there.
Speaker 1: The architecture they every building there has to look like an old timmy building, including there's a McDonald's that looks to get that.
Speaker 2: It's a few places like ski towns, you're not allowed to bring in your yellow sign. You have to kind of match the you have to everything around you. So it's weird. He's you're right, like it doesn't look like a normal mcdonal.
Speaker 1: Place around the billboard. It's like the six or eight blocks around the billboard.
Speaker 2: Where I frequent I'm a platinum member.
Speaker 1: Park up front, I'm taking Sanford. Did you did you have one? Uh? You going four seed?
Speaker 2: Driw? I was thinking about it. I'll go three seed Chattanooga. They're doing good things down there. Shoot chewing.
Speaker 1: I just okay, So you got Chattanoog the Moccasins, yep.
Speaker 2: I bounced back since losing.
Speaker 1: I went one time with an ext girlfriend to Ashville. We didn't stay at the Biltmore, but I remember being in a really nice hotel and I walked around the corner and there was a sign just over a regular room that said Barack Obama stayed here, And I went, well, that's weird, And then down the road or down the hall. Was a conference room that said he prepared for a debate, like one of the Obama McCain debates was at this place in Asheville, North.
Speaker 2: That was at the Grove Park Inn.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's where my haunted room was. A bunch of presidents had been there.
Speaker 1: Obama being one of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we only stayed one night. It's fite mare. But I'm laying in bed, my wife is brushing her teeth. The night is over, and I'm just reading about our hotel and it says it's one of the haunted places, and the sun are so scared of haunted places. Well, this is pretty crazy that I'm like, wow, look this is the hotel we're staying.
Speaker 1: I should read this.
Speaker 2: So I start reading the story and it's about a woman who killed herself and she still haunts the hotel and it says she haunts room whatever it was, No, it's the room I am currently. I swear I've never felt like that in my life. I couldn't see myself, but I had to have turned bright white. I couldn't even tell her. We're like, do we get up and leave? We considered I did not sleep. I stared at the ceiling all night and as soon as the sun was up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you really believe in ghosts, like you really think it's a thing.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying, imagine you're reading a story and you don't really believe it, but it is your exact room. That's a little bit different.
Speaker 1: But when we went to Oklahoma City to that hotel that scares all the NBA players, you all were freaked out.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I was good. That was Ryan and Shan. They slept with the lights on. I was good. I mean, I had fun mocking it, but it didn't bother me. But to be reading a story and then it says the room number and you're in that bed, that was no wonder.
Speaker 1: This room was eighty dollars.
Speaker 2: It was not eighty dollars. That's a nice play park is very expensive.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna tell your your dad and brother could have get the Super Bowl to pay to go there. It is a very expensive place.
Speaker 2: Just to be scared.
Speaker 1: All right. What the next I have is the Horizon Conference.
Speaker 3: That's right, That'll take place at the Indiana Farmers Coliseum in Indianapolis, Oakland. Is the one seed Youngstown State comes in at two, Green Bay at three, in Wright State at four, has a tough matchup with the five seed Northern Kentucky Norsemen.
Speaker 1: I'm going to take Right State. I went to ww RAW once on the campus of Right State in Dayton and no, no, excuse me, what am I talking about? You got me confused. I don't want right I want green Bay, green Bay, Green Bay. I've won two or three games betting on green Bay this year. Give me green Bay to win as a three seed in the Horizon.
Speaker 2: I'm very well versed in the Horizon Conference tournament. This is one of the ones where they go to campuses and then go to Indy and they reshuffle them. I mean they do all the tricks. So their final four they reseed. I think they're quarterfinals. You know, we've seen some of these teams play Youngstown State.
Speaker 1: Youngstown State, we saw him play. Did you know it's the best season Youngstown State has had since nineteen seventy nine and they're still only a two seat yep.
Speaker 2: We watched them play at Ohio, which is why they are my pick. And you remember there was a local Kentucky kid there, Gabe dot and dines A freshmen that we were excited to see. He ended up being an All Freshman All Defensive player.
Speaker 1: So I'm going with the Penguins taking the Penguins Youngstown State. So I've got Green Bay, you got Youngstown. Who is the one seat? Who are we betting against? Oakland?
Speaker 2: Oakland s Boo Oakland and Northern Kentucky. They don't be in the mix a little bit. They have Henry Clay.
Speaker 1: High School sleeping score.
Speaker 2: I know I'm being very local here, but for our Kentucky listeners, that's good. Well connection.
Speaker 1: Vince Marrow played at Youngstown Stown. That's a UK assistant coach. That's right, Youngstown. A lot of things happening in Youngstown. All right. So we'll finish the first half of these picks for this show with the Northeast Conference.
Speaker 3: That the Northeast Conference will do it by campus sites.
Speaker 1: So it'll be at the place the host of the number one seed. So who's the one set? Uh? The bracket's not loading, So anytime you're ready, dude, Really this is I mean, you have one job is to pull up the bracket for the Northeast Conference. Like, do I need to do it? Uh? You might?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is Okay, I'll do the Central Connecticut is the one seed.
Speaker 1: Central Connecticut. All right, So where is Central Connecticut University? I can just tell you, just while you're looking it up. The worst state when you get outside of the big places is Connecticut. Connecticut is one big, horrible town. No, I'm serious. I've driven through Connecticut a bunch because when I worked at ESPN, I had to drive from New York City to Bristol, Connecticut. It's about a three two and a half three hour drive. It's all through rural towns in Connecticut, and depending on the traffic, you have to go like six different ways. I've been to all those little ship towns in Connecticut and they all stink.
Speaker 2: We struck a nerve with Connecticut over there.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying they call it Nutmeg state. I didn't see any Nutmeg anywhere. Billy. It's awful.
Speaker 2: So you're excited about this.
Speaker 1: Where is Central Connecticut? Stay?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Connecticut?
Speaker 2: New Britain?
Speaker 1: No, I've been to New Britain. That was our city, that was our city of the week.
Speaker 2: Full circle she got pregnant?
Speaker 1: You mean the mayor? Yes? Yeah. For people who who knew Central Connecticut state Circle, you know, what we could have done. We could have just gone to that tournament, seen her, visited the baby.
Speaker 2: I mean, you seem so excited to go to Connecticut.
Speaker 1: I can't. I cannot stand Bristol. First, people don't know. ESPN's in the worst place, like the worst place.
Speaker 2: They're in a lot around it. It was a nice Mexican restaurant we went to, though.
Speaker 1: It's the only thing in it is the Mexican restaurant. So like all those people you see on TV, just know that to be on ESPN, unless you're Steve and A and you get to live in New York, they're having to live in the worst place on the earth.
Speaker 2: Where would you rant Connecticut in your states right now?
Speaker 1: Hartford and I and you know, there's a lot of rich people in like Samford and some of those places. But when you get into rural Connecticut, only Kansas is worse.
Speaker 2: It's forty nine. It's tough.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm I'm just being real. So who are the top four seats? I do have this now?
Speaker 3: So after Central Connecticut we have Mary Mac at two, Sacred Heart at three, and Lemoyne at four.
Speaker 1: Miss Mary mac Mac, that's Mac in black. You're taking Mary Mack.
Speaker 2: Yep, they're the only Ken Palm top two hundred team. They're seventy sixth in defense in this conference. This was two seed bring it.
Speaker 1: This was the conference that Fairley Dickinson was in. If I remember correctly, Fairley Dickinson, even though they beat Purdue last year, didn't even win their conference. And the team, but the team that won the conference was not eligible for the NCAA Tournament because they had just going D one and that team was Mary Mack. Look at that. So I'm taking Mary Mack to uh go to the I'm definitely not picking central Connecticut State.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Mary Max, not in Connecticut, get you outside of New Jersey.
Speaker 1: I think it's an Yes, I don't know, whatever it could be. It's good enough.
Speaker 2: I'm taking Are we Are we a Mary Mack podcast? You would agree because they were my pick? I said, they're I'm picking them for being top two hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Are we both picking them?
Speaker 1: Both? Taking Mary Mack?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: All right, there we go. All right, this is the time we retake a break. And I read this ad get in on the action with DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports bet need partner of the NBA. Let's say you want to bet on marymac Well. New customers who posit five hundred or more dollars get a no sweat bet up to one thousand dollars back in bonus bets. How about that you can get the lines. All these games will be on there. There is a person in this world who sets lines for merymack games. You can be part of it. Go to DraftKings sportsbook app. Now use my code fade. New customers get a no sweat bet up to one thousand dollars. If your first bet loses, use the code fade and remember it's DraftKings. The crown is yours. If you have a gaming problem called one hundred gammer in West Virginia, visit www. One hundred gammer dot nett. In New York, call eight seven seven eight hope in wire text hope in y four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut? Why would you be there? Help is available just for having to live there, but for problem gambling call eight eight a seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in Resort in Kansas. That's all all it says twenty one plus age varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Don't even think about it. One no sweat bat per new customer issued is one bonus bet based on an amount of initial losing bat bonus bits fire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. Ce DKNY dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and Responsible gaming Resource. Who'd you take there?
Speaker 3: Matt in the Northeast Merrimack, Okay, oh, you guys agreed.
Speaker 1: Next the Coastal, Yes, you know this used to be the Colonial and they changed it because it was racist. Oh I didn't know colonial was racist. Well, I don't know if it was ray It's more like colonialism, which is not good. So they said.
Speaker 3: Coastal, now Glood, we changed Washington. D C is where this is taking prey place. It's Charleston at the one, Drexel at two, Hofstra at three, and u n c W at four.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Four seeds from me in this one.
Speaker 1: Again. I'm gonna go with who's won me money this year? And I've been pretty successful this year betting on Drexel, So give me the fighting bruiser flints of Drexel, which is located in Philadelphia, PA.
Speaker 2: I'll take Drexel, you know, I see your Drexel. I'm looking at the three seed Hofster. You know why why?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what all. No, I have absolutely idea. This just doesn't feel like one where the one seed is gonna win. You took Drexel. I look down in my bracket that I have in front of me and a winked at me. You ever do that have a bet pop in your head that you wouldn't only want to do, and then you're like, well if I don't bet it hits, it'll hurt you. Yeah, I've got like exact score before because I've just had a random thought of an exact score, and I'm like, on the off chance that word hit, I gotta put.
Speaker 1: A little number one.
Speaker 2: No, but that's what That's what hoftridg just did to me. It gave me a little look. Who Charleston is the one seed they play a U n c W.
Speaker 1: Charleston. Is that when you think of like kids schools that rich Southern kids go to, is Charleston the number one thing that comes to mind?
Speaker 2: It's gotta be in the conversation. Have you ever been there?
Speaker 1: I've been to the city, I haven't been to the campus.
Speaker 2: I haven't been to the campus, but just thinking about the city, what the campus would like, the campus would be like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Johnny Bruce got married in Charleston, remember that? And I was in the wedding and I forgot to take a suit. It's tough, that's what you need at the wedding. So I had to go to like a frat boy suit place because that's really what they had and buy a suit and it didn't really fit, but I had to wear that for the rehearsal dinner and the wedding. I had to wear the same thing to both things in Charleston. So I've been gooding muggy there too. Oh so hot.
Speaker 2: I was on a bachelor party there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a don't get me wrong, it's a really cool city. But it's very much like rich, southern, aristocratic.
Speaker 2: I just when people go to school at a at a destination like that, I don't know how they get anything done. I'm sure they're just used to being in Charleston.
Speaker 1: How could you go to school in New Orleans? New Orleans, Las Vegas. Yeah, UNLV, how do you do anything? How do you go to school? Even at like NYU.
Speaker 2: I had trouble going to school in Lexington and Keenland only runs a few weeks a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I understand how people go to school at Center like in Danvill Canday don't have anything to do. Same thing with Central Connecticut at State in New Britain or Duke. There's stuff to do in Durham, Raleigh and Chapel Hill. But but same general point. But if you're in New Orleans, how do you study?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm in these places where you're like a tourist destination where there's just so much going.
Speaker 1: On, something like that Miami. Yeah, have you ever seen the pictures of the campus at like University of Tampa or flooda Gulf coast where everyone's just walking around in bikinis and.
Speaker 2: Like studying on the beach, Like, how do you go to school?
Speaker 1: How can you go sit in a class and learn about economics when there's a beach right out there? Couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: That's why I brought up I'm sure Charleston I would be like that. At Charleston, I'd be out.
Speaker 1: That's why all the best schools are in terrible places. Harvard's in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Yales in New Haven, Connecticut. Right, m hm, because you have to be you gotta be focused. Yeah. West Coast Conference drew a from you.
Speaker 3: Oh which one were we on thea?
Speaker 1: He picked?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this twice you've asked our picks, but we just went over this.
Speaker 1: We have a very similar job here.
Speaker 3: The brackets are just they're getting a little wonky here, so it is tough to I know, it's a lot West Coast Conference, the West Coast Conference, which will be in Paradise, Nevada. I'm not sure if you've been there.
Speaker 1: It's not a real place. It's not that's just Vegas, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, little Saint Mary's Gonzaga here.
Speaker 1: Isn't this game? Isn't that game like at the MGM or something every year like Paradise, Nevada. Isn't that just Vegas? Believe I think it is? Anyway, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Saint Mary's, Gonzaga, San Francisco, and Santa Clara are the top four season.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be Saint Mary's or Gonzaga. They just played at Saint Mary's last weekend and Gonzaga pounded them. I thought Gonzaga stunk, but then really, since they beat UK, they've kind of gone on a run. So I think you gotta pick Gonzaga here, right, even though Saint Mary is the one seat.
Speaker 2: Yes, and having seen Gonzag in person when they beat Kentucky and rupp Arena, I'm a little shocked that they hadn't one more games. I was impressed by them. I know that's against Kentucky's defense, but I think they'll also be hungry to not have that streak of or whatever it is, twenty five years of making the tournament. I don't think they'll want that to end.
Speaker 1: You know, we have a chance to have to go to the first and second round games for Kentucky in Spokane, Washington. Have you prepared yourself for that? No, it's probably just gonna be me and you if we go.
Speaker 2: I'm actually very excited. For years, like this job was, I have no life in March. I'm going where the team goes, you pack up, you live out of a suitcase. And it was fun. We haven't done that in a while. I mean, we went to Greensboro last year and we got a weekend, but Kentucky needs.
Speaker 1: It's more than a week about it to drive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whenever I'll walk. I just I want to have more than you heard it. But I'm serious, like I'm ready to do it again. It's been so many years.
Speaker 1: If this, Billy, I mean, the so Can games are on a Friday, so we could drive. I'm gonna give you the scenario where we drive. There is a scenario where we drive, and it's if we play in Spokane and then La the next one. Yeah. Now, I don't expect that to happen, but honestly, if we do that, it's gonna be most cost efficient, probably to drive, because because if we've fly to Spokane, we're still gonna have to rent a car to go to LA and then fly and then maybe Phoenix if they made the Final four. So it'd probably just be easier to drive. Yes, but can you imagine the drive home after losing in Spokane. That would suck. And that's the point.
Speaker 2: My excitement is that it's gonna be more than one game like it was last year or the year before where I drove to Indianapolis did not even unzip my suitcase. I thought I was gonna be there for three or four days. I got back in the car and just came home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're both taking good Yes, all right, let's go to the Summit Conference.
Speaker 3: That's right, the eleventh conference tournament that we're picking in South Dakota. The first seed is South Dakota State. I may have a little bit of advantage there. Let's see where you still don't Number two Kansas City, Number three North Dakota, and number four Saint Thomas.
Speaker 1: Saint Thomas and Minnesota, who has been my worst gambling team of the year. I've whether I pick them or not, it doesn't so South. I think South Dakota, South Dakota State, North Dakota, and North Dakota State are all in this conference. That's correct. Correct, And it's very confusing. And you said the one is South Dakota or South Dakota State.
Speaker 3: South Dakota State's the one. They could play South Dakota if they beat Oral Roberts in the eight nine game.
Speaker 1: Man, Oral Roberts are far away from these places. That's down in Texas. I'm going to take South Dakota State with the home court advantage to move on. I think they are the what's their name? They have a weird jack rabbits, jack rabbits.
Speaker 2: Yes, I just think the Taylor swift of magic continues with Kansas City. Granted this is their local university and not their a NFL team, but as the two seed, I have them running through all of the Dakota teams to win the conference tournament.
Speaker 1: All right, So you got Kansas City, Kansas City, Yes, I do. I got South Dakota State. I think of all the conferences, this would be the one that I could in my life see myself going to the tournament the least. Can you think of any scenario you would find yourself at the Summit Conference tournament.
Speaker 2: If you called me and Saidrew, we're doing one of those road trips again, I'm just like, yep, sounds like a direction.
Speaker 1: Of Kentucky gets some probation, can't go to the SEC tournament. We're looking for something to do.
Speaker 2: I mean, what is even the draw here? I mean, I guess no, nothing. I really have nothing.
Speaker 1: I don't either. All right, South One, that's a good church here in Lexing. And what is the conference?
Speaker 3: Well, Southland doesn't have the bracket up, but we do have the standing.
Speaker 2: Number one is McNeice McNeese Cowboys. Number two is A and M Corpus Christy.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: We also have what is that Nichols and then also Lamar as your top four.
Speaker 1: So I come to this one with a little insight. You know, McNee State is really good, Like they're like twenty nine and two or something. Will Wade is a coach, Yes, former LSU coach. They gave him an extension. He's crushing in. This might be my most confident pick of all. Like, if you you know how you can play the game where you rank them thirty two to one in the what's it called confidence rankings? My thirty two would be McNee State. They win every game by lot. Give me McNee State. Where is that? Where'd you say this was? I didn't, so where is it? Are you just if you just giving up on doing this now?
Speaker 3: The ESPN link they started getting worse and worse as.
Speaker 1: We went down. Wait, Charles Louisiana, I'll just do you know what, I'll just do it. I guess that was the last one. Anyway, what do you mean there's four more? Oh? I thought we were doing twelve.
Speaker 2: We're doing sixteen. But go ahead, I think he's stop four. Ago can't go against your McNeese State. They're all I'm big ken palm guy. They're also top seventy five in both offense and defense there where the rest of the conference isn't even near that.
Speaker 1: Allright, So what are they ranked in the kimpom? If they're top seventy five in.
Speaker 2: Offense, they're ranked pretty high sixty seventh of all teams. Yeah, for that level. That's impressive for that level. And uh, you mentioned his extension. He's signed a pretty big deal. You know that wouldn't be I don't know that he'd stay there much longer if he does this another year or two. But yeah, they're a real contender. That's my heavy favorite to win this league on conference? Uh confidence, is McNee State put everything you got? Is there a way to bet on DraftKings? Is there a way to bet McNee st eight to win the conference tournament? They're definitely is Let me pull up those odds.
Speaker 1: They have conference tournament odds.
Speaker 2: They're not necessarily all of them up at this moment, but yes, we'll find McNeice if it's on there. They've also won eight straight games, so they're pretty hot too.
Speaker 1: Here we go March Madness. Providence to make the tournament. That's not what I'm looking.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of fun March madness props on there as well on our friends at DraftKings.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go Team Futures Conference winner Mountain West for you, no conference tournament winners.
Speaker 2: Doesn't look like they have the conference they have them to make the final four and be the tournament.
Speaker 1: You know what, we should bet some of these on here, right, Drew, Like, I mean, we should bet like your Horizon League. Has Youngstown stayed at plus one ninety five?
Speaker 2: I already bet that. Yeah, I already bet morehead on that one. I don't know if I'll do Youngstown.
Speaker 1: Mary max plus one twenty more heads even money. That's not great odds. But yeah, a lot of good stuff on here. All right, what's next?
Speaker 3: Big Sky is going to be in Boise, Idaho with Eastern Washington as the one seed. Northern Colorado is the two, Montana and webberd State for weber What was the one Eastern Washington?
Speaker 1: I saw? I watched Weber State play last night and they were They lost to someone, So I'm going to take you know what, Sometimes you gotta go chalk. I have the.
Speaker 2: Odds in front of me. If you want them on DraftKings.
Speaker 1: Go for it. Eastern Washington the favorite you.
Speaker 2: Plus two hundred, Weber's plus three hundred, Montana three ten, and then it goes to five point fifty.
Speaker 1: For Northern I like Montana at plus three ten.
Speaker 2: Hilling what are they the grizz Grizz, I'll uh, I'll go Weber with three to one is the.
Speaker 1: Two seed Harold the show Arson though Damian Lillard.
Speaker 2: I don't think they're available, but uh still still think they have a good chance to win the league.
Speaker 1: Would you want to live in Montana? You know? Every like like everybody sort of glorifies it now, like oh Yellowstone, and you know Yellowstone, Like would you want to would you want to live there?
Speaker 2: Not now? But like I if I'm old, I could see myself just disappearing there at a certain age, but I like I'm too busy.
Speaker 1: Like do you like to like fly fish?
Speaker 2: Never done it? But again maybe maybe when I'm sixty and not trying to go full speed all the time, I could sit in a cabin and fly fish if if if I were that lucky to have something like that.
Speaker 1: I can't think of a more boring activity than fishing, especially fly fishing, is the one where you like put on boots and stand in the water. Right, That one's not boring.
Speaker 3: You have to constantly go back and forth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but why uh to?
Speaker 3: I guess replicate the bug that these fish eat and jump out of the water.
Speaker 1: So when I catch one, then what Then you.
Speaker 3: Got yourself a fish. You can either release it or keep it for dinner that night.
Speaker 2: That's your day.
Speaker 1: You do it the next day and that's like you're retired.
Speaker 3: To feed your family. Maybe you feed you get.
Speaker 1: Bored though, Like I mean, they have television, like don't they Like, I mean they watched TV there too. I mean I just I see people standing out in the water and just doing that, and I I get like, I think for an hour, I bet they do other things.
Speaker 2: It's not their entire identity and they wake up, like like go.
Speaker 1: To Montana to fly, like that's the vacation that's very popular.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine doing that. Well, I'm interested in may do this in the next few years. But I have friends who go to Alaska and they like get dropped off and they fish and then they.
Speaker 1: Did you about the guy who had to kill a moose didn't you know the I Did a Ride that's going on right now popular race. I don't think that's on television. Feels like it should be. But I guess a guy was racing in the idea a rod and like a moose got in the way and it like wouldn't stop and it started like eating his dog. Oh, you're looking at me like I'm making this up this, I'm shocked. The moose was like eating his dog, and he was like, you got to stop eating my dog. The moose the moose would not listen to reason, and so he killed him. And under this is what I found interesting about it, Under I Did a Ride rules. They have what you have to do. If you kill a moose on the race, you have to like skin him.
Speaker 2: This is like this is in the rules the flavor one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to like do all this stuff. You can't just like leave the moose out there. You gotta skin him and then you gotta bring him with you to the next stop. And I guess just give him to the organizers. Here's the moose I killed. And so the dude that's like the best did a ride dog guy, he's behind in the race because he had to kill a moose and give it to the organizers.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. So in some ways you could not be that fast in the race. But if you're really fast at killing to get in and delivering a moose.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope you don't run into a moose, but if you did, it's like the pit crew NASCAR just as important as the guy.
Speaker 3: Driving five minute major For killing a moose on this race.
Speaker 1: Well, he said, I had to kill it like it wouldn't It's it got in the way. Interesting and I don't know if there's a controversy about it or what, but he he killed a moose here. I want to pull up the story because I feel like you guys are are not five times I did a rode Champion Dallas Cevie kills and guts a moose that got entangled with his dog team. Dallas Cevie informed the officials that he was forced to shoot the moose with a handgun. The moose came after my dog, he said in a statement. It fell on my sled and was sprawled all over the trail. I gutted it the best I could, but it got a little ugly.
Speaker 2: What a sport.
Speaker 1: See how this cevia turned thirty seven is the first musher to kill a moose since nineteen eighty five. In nineteen eighty five to late Susan Butcher was leading the race when she used her axe and a parka to fend off a moose. It killed two of her dogs and injured the other thirteen. She was able to chop its head off with the axe. Wow.
Speaker 2: Is her name Susan Butcher or they call her Susan the Butcher? Did she earn the nickname from this act?
Speaker 1: Butcher had to quit the race that year, but went on to win four I did a rods in the future. I think you're gonna see it didn't hold her back.
Speaker 2: I think the Tour de Front should add this, like whatever's in your way, you kill it, keep moving on.
Speaker 1: Ceev arrived in Finger Lake after killing the moose, where he dropped off his dog that was injured. The dog was flown anchorage where it was being evaluated by the veterinarian. The moose was left in Fingerleg Poor Moose Race oral state. If a big game animal like a moose, caribou, or buffalo is killed, the musher must gut the animal and then take it to officials at the next checkpoint.
Speaker 2: This is fascinating stuff. DraftKings should have identicical odds with props of like how many moo moose will be killed on the on the trail I'd go I'd.
Speaker 1: Take that over a half of nine eighty five. Great odds if you did have it this year, though, you gotta be excited about this news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and especially if Susan the butcher's out there but not her.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a wives tale or something you tell your kid's ghost story.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't know how we got to that.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: It was the sky. I don't want to do that, all right?
Speaker 3: Patriotly the Patriot League, which will be on campus sites this year.
Speaker 1: Well, where's the number one seed?
Speaker 3: Colgate is number one, Number two is Boston University, three is Lafayette, and number four is American.
Speaker 1: It's Lafayette, Louisiana. It's Lafayette. But Colgate. What was the name of the kid? Many years ago? Colgate had a Donald Foyle? You remember that? Do you know the story billing He was like the top five of player in America. His parents were professors at Colgate. They had adopted him, I think, and they were professors at Colgate, and so even though he was recruited by Duke in North Carolina, he went to Colgate and played a number of years and then played in the NBA for a number of years from Colgate.
Speaker 2: Colgate is the heavy betting favorite here, according to our friends at DraftKings at minus two point fifty.
Speaker 1: Well that's some of that. Yeah, that's big odds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that might be the biggest favorite of the conference tournaments they have listed.
Speaker 1: Looks like it is.
Speaker 3: Sounds like the blind Side College basketball edition.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, but this dude was like, this dude's not going to end up suing his parents or whatever life like that guy did. Yeah, So do you have any he's also really smart, dude. That was another thing, is like he was he got he was really really smart and went to Colgate and did really well.
Speaker 2: Do you have anyone upsetting this heavy, heavy, heavy favorite.
Speaker 1: No, I'm taking Colgate.
Speaker 2: The two seed is six to one to win the tournament.
Speaker 1: I have multiple times bet against Army West Point in games this year. They're in this tournament, but they have no chance of beating Cogate.
Speaker 2: One hundred and fifty to one. If you want some of Army West Point.
Speaker 1: I don't. I'll take Colgate. You taking Cogate?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't gogainst minus two fifty.
Speaker 1: All right, we have two more.
Speaker 3: What's next the American East, which will again be on campus sites. Then one seed is Vermont MM with U Mass at second, Brian at third, and New Hampshire MASS the U Mass.
Speaker 1: Loll oh U Mass loll. Yes, I've bet them, Yes, Bryant and New Hampshire. And we hit a fourteen team parlay a couple of weeks ago, and Vermont was the final leg we talked about on the post game show. So I gotta go for Vermont. I mean, when you hit a fourteen teamer thanks to Vermont, it was money line. But still give me the catamounts.
Speaker 2: I don't see tournament odds for this one yet, but I like Vermont. They've only lost one game this calendar year. Like I said, already made us money. Why would I bet against him?
Speaker 1: Here? Yeah, we talked a lot about Vermont that day. Bernie Sanders is one of the senators. Is it you true that does at Bernie Sanders impersonation one of our crew?
Speaker 2: Does it only when I'm at the Biltmore? Because I've never never done one and it's not me.
Speaker 1: Well, let's see. I doubt it's Ryan. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can see it being Ryan.
Speaker 1: You think Ryan does a Bernie Sanders.
Speaker 2: No, wait, it is Shannon. What does he say? Shannon does one? I've heard him do it.
Speaker 1: It is it Shannon.
Speaker 2: It is Shannon.
Speaker 1: I think he does Bernie Sanders.
Speaker 2: We'll have to ask him tomorrow when he gets back. I think I only think with Bernie Sanders. When we were at the convention and there was the woman yelling yeah.
Speaker 1: The woman yelled something like you stole your soul for a cup of porridge or something.
Speaker 2: Then didn't they have a fart out in protest on the sidewalk. I'm not kidding. They just tried to walk around and fart. I'm not making that up. Look it up, Bernie Sanders fart out.
Speaker 1: No. First of all, I want you to google just I want to google on the iHeart computers. It's a first result. I did it.
Speaker 2: I rolled the dice there. It is NBC.
Speaker 1: News Bernie Sanders fart out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they planned it in protest of the Clinton nomination. They did a fart out on the sidewalk outside. I remember we walked by it.
Speaker 1: They were doing a horrible job. Well I didn't. I did not remember the fun.
Speaker 2: So there's my breakdown of Bernie Sanders. Why don't we get onto him?
Speaker 1: I know, but I did not.
Speaker 2: Vermont?
Speaker 1: Yes, uh, well, let's go go cat them outs? All right? Who's next?
Speaker 3: I think our final conference tournament. It's the Mid Eastern Athletic Conference in Norfolk, Virginia, where Norfolk State is the one seed, Howard two, South Carolina State three, and North Carolina Central number four.
Speaker 1: Did you say Howard was the two? Correct? I'm going with Howard because of the guy I sing about it earlier, Jwhard. I'm gonna go ahead, and I think they're good. And that's all I know about the MIAC. I do remember that they had a player called the Shack of the Meac or she Ac of the Meac. That was a long time ago, and I don't remember who he was. This is one of the games I always miss, Like you know, I try to watch these games for some reason. I don't know that I've ever seen a MEAC game. So I'm gonna take Howard.
Speaker 2: Me makes me think of Ernest scared stupid. Did you ever see that? It's a great movie it's one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: I saw Ernest goes to Jail. I saw Ernest goes to Camp. I saw Ernest Saves Christmas. I don't think I saw Ernest scared stupid.
Speaker 2: It was given. There was like a troll and there was a four letter word they'd solve and it was m I blank k. They thought the answer was meek. But spoiler, it was milk the whole time, but they thought it was meek.
Speaker 1: Do you think people like, do you know what Ernest movies are? I do not know. How old are you? Like? You're so young? You really you don't know what Ernest movies are. I turned twenty nine in two months.
Speaker 2: You need to learn, Ernest. I heard you just recently finished a purpose driven life.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: Now we move on to all the earnest movies. To start with Ernest goes to Camp.
Speaker 1: Let me rest you the arnest movies, it is Ernest goes to Camp, by far the best, the first one. Ernest Saves Christmas, Ernest goes to Jail, Earnest scared stupid. Then I think they stopped getting released in movie theaters and they went straight to video. Ernest rides again. Ernest goes to school, slammed dunk Ernest.
Speaker 2: They tried to do the basketball theme there, it wasn't great.
Speaker 1: Ernest goes to Africa, which I haven't seen but I'm sure is racist. There's no way.
Speaker 2: I didn't see that one either.
Speaker 1: I didn't see it, but like, I feel like that's probably not appropriate. And then Ernest in the Army.
Speaker 2: Vaguely remember that one I certainly owned on VHS. Ernest goes to Camp and outside of Forrest Gump, there's probably not a movie I've seen more.
Speaker 1: It was a script written for Ernest and the Voodoo Curse, but it was never made into production.
Speaker 2: That they should have stopped with the four Camp Christmas scared stupid.
Speaker 1: And they did really milk that cash cow. Well he started. The whole Earnest thing started as a commercial in Kentucky's right.
Speaker 2: He's from Lexing.
Speaker 1: He's from Lexington, so it started like as a commercial. U. Let me see, I'm looking at his He does have quite a Wikipedia. It started as a commercial but I don't know, and then became Ernest has been paroded parodied in many TV shows, including Beavis and butt Head family Guy in the Simpsons. There are also furt fake Ernest films that have been made on the lodcasts, including Ernest Needs a Kidney, Ernest versus the Pope.
Speaker 2: At these are sound terrible.
Speaker 1: He gets around and Ernest went to a beach. They just decided not to say it goes. It's copyright.
Speaker 2: Present tense, is Jimvardi past tense with the copycat.
Speaker 1: I think you tell your parents You're like, Mom, I'm directing a movie. It's a parody of Ernest. You think your parents would be happy.
Speaker 2: That mine would because my mom bought me Ernest goes to camp and knows how much I loved it. She'd know that I achieved my dreams back continuing the franchise.
Speaker 1: So I take Howard.
Speaker 2: Because of Ernest. Uh, I'll do a little Delaware State. You they weren't in the top.
Speaker 3: Four now the five seed. They were six and seven in the conference.
Speaker 1: But let's go about state. About did you even know that there was a Delaware state until you looked at that computer.
Speaker 2: I knew there was a Delaware State.
Speaker 1: What do you know there was a college that was not because the Delaware produced Joe Flacco. Yeah, I mean, but Delaware State is their sister institution.
Speaker 2: I'm aware I would not have brought them up in this discussion. I knew that it existed, but now I know they're going to win the conference.
Speaker 1: That's right. Okay, Well they're hot. They've US three or four school that Joe Biden doesn't even claim. Delaware State you're gonna take.
Speaker 2: Well, they've lost seven seven of ten. Let's walk that back. Okay, Jilly, did you use a pencil?
Speaker 1: I did not, but we can cross that out. That's fine.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go South Carolina State.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go. So that that is the first round of your conference tournaments. We will save. I mean, I know those were a lot of the ones you were waiting for. The bigger conferences will come next week. We'll probably use some.
Speaker 2: Player names, maybe some some stats scheme here or there.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question. We did sixteen tournament besides Robbie of Ela. Is there a player name you know from any of the teams we discussed.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, not many. Okay, we'll go count me down.
Speaker 1: Northern can Okay, Marcus Work, Marquis Work, work, he's there, he's there. Give me your starting five for the first sixteen tournaments. You got Marcus Work, Robbie Avila and who.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean some guys who just played tougher schedules. It's hard to really put one over the other. You've had some good head to head match out. You've had guys Nolan Hickman from That's true. If you throw in Gonzaga, I could get more.
Speaker 1: Okay, well to go there.
Speaker 2: They're a big guy. What was his name?
Speaker 1: He pronounced first and last.
Speaker 2: Namek It looks like, Uh, I don't have the first name Graham.
Speaker 1: Graham, no clue. I do have a Delaware state fact for you. Go for it.
Speaker 3: Notable alumni Grammy Award winning R and B singer Sizza.
Speaker 1: Siza. Yeah. Think I've seen? Oh you have no? Is that somebody I should know? Yes, I would say, oh like s z a, Yes, okay, I have seen that. I didn't realize what what what is? Is it a he or she? It's a she? Okay, I didn't know. Do you know a Scissa song? Uh?
Speaker 2: Sizza is one of the people when I was watching the Grammys, I was like, she's everywhere and I don't really know a whole lot. So No, to answer your question.
Speaker 1: She did good for her? Well good, well, all the more reason for you to pick them.
Speaker 2: I think Gonzaga would get me to five.
Speaker 1: The others.
Speaker 2: Uh works about all ahead?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you one thing before we go? When we're done with this, Billy and I have to cut a spot, like a video commercial for Hero Sports drink clear Cut Hero, clear Cut Hero, clear Cut Hero. This is gonna be the second time that we've done this commercial. First time, I felt like we knocked it out of the park. Like when we did it, I I thought I included Billy in it, gave him some run. For people who don't know, Clearcut Hero is available on Amazon for those of you around the country. It's very good. Actually, I'm not just not even a I genuinely like it. And it's available in grocery stores here in Kentucky. Clear Cut Hero. Try it. They didn't like our commerce, and they didn't like it for two reasons. One, oh, they were like, oh, you said the name wrong of the drink.
Speaker 2: I mean, okay, I'll hear him out on that one. It Like it's fair guest, if you're like doing a Toyota commercial Landa, you know, it might be like.
Speaker 3: Can we redo that trademark issue?
Speaker 1: Oh? So that is that what it is? Yeah? So they don't have Hero Sports drink, so there is a hero Sports drink. I don't know that. I just know that we have to say the name. We have to say Clearcut Hero. Yeah, okay, so that was the first problem. Name's not too much to ask, I don't think. Fine. There are six flavors, and I like them all. But five of the six bottles are cool looking, and one of them is the worst color I've ever seen, the Peach flavor. And you can look this up on line. The Peach flavor Nexus Nexus looks like I don't even want to say what it looks like. It's just the worst color of light brown you can think of. And in the ad, well, okay, so the flavor is peach. My view is you should if the goal is to make the bottle the color of the flavor, Peach should not be like grab brown.
Speaker 2: A lot more orange in peach, Yes.
Speaker 1: But it's not so. As I was doing the ad, I had Billy read the flavors and I would say something nice about him, so he'd be like, you know, name of Flavorid's next Dragon Dragon, and I'd go, oh, Dragon's great, gives you. And then we did it for all of them when we got to the peach one nexus he said nexus, and I was like, don't use the color against him. This taste amazing despite the color of the bot. So you're trying to give it a calm.
Speaker 2: It's a little backhanded, but I thought it makes it more real.
Speaker 1: Don't you think, like if you acknowledge the weakness rather than just saying everything's awesome, be like, I get it, this is a bad color, not very appetizing, but I promise you it tastes better. I would argue it would make people more likely to buy it.
Speaker 2: Billy, they'd be curious.
Speaker 3: I'm you're not wrong. I'm just not the one paying the money for the ad.
Speaker 1: So what they said is get our name right and don't say it's ugly reasonable or unreasonable. Okay, Number one, I think I think the name it's pretty big. That's when you want to you want to check off, make sure you got right. Comparing it to I think I think i'd hear about I think I think they're in the right. Both complaints are reasonable.
Speaker 2: On the second where you were going, maybe a little different delivery.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now we got to do this again.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna read from the script verbatim this time, or are you going to go?
Speaker 1: I can't. How do they expect me to do this and read from a sheet of paper? Well like anchorman ron Burgundi, but he has a teleprompter. I don't have a telep I can hold it right next to the phone. That's what read. Shepherd can't be in it. I want you to have to be in it because I don't want to talk about all this. Oh well, look at you. I'm not getting paid. They're not paying for me. Look at depover here. All right, well, thank you. We will be back next week for the second half of the conference tournament previ I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna go home and watch the earnest so you
Speaker 1: Late that I thought i'd extant do to such sud