Speaker 1: Record. We're recording. Hi, Andrew, nice Scott. Let me just play this real quick. It's the bull Chat In case you couldn't understand what the singer said there. Yeah, yeah, and that was from Boom Clap right?
Speaker 2: Is that the clap Charlie XCX from the Fault in Our Stars soundtrack?
Speaker 1: Okay, very that's a lot of information, Andrew.
Speaker 2: The Fault in Our Stars is one of the books that I cried while reading. And I cried while watching that movie like all three times I've seen it.
Speaker 1: I cry from movies, I cry from books, I cry from life. Wow, i'm a. I'm a.
Speaker 2: We can address the last one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe with more professional health. Yeah. Anyway, So welcome to boll Chat. This is the sister podcast to Serial Killers. If you're here for Cereal, please come back Monday or just go listen to a past Monday episode. It's really or the one hundred and eighty plus episodes that we have. But they might be caught up. They might be caught up and just looking for Cereal today, but no Cereal here yet.
Speaker 2: Maybe y'all have a bowl. I don't know, I didn't have breakfast.
Speaker 1: Are you hungry? It's iffy, so I've been on this slim fast thing for the last week and a half, so I'm not eating right now.
Speaker 2: It's fun because we can like be live with this one because like this one's recorded to date, Like this is where it's getting pushed out tomorrow, so we can talk about your slim fast now.
Speaker 1: It's being pushed out today.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, it's been pushed out today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're listening to this today. Yeah. Whatever. Anyway, so every I don't know, five to seven to ten years, I'll go on a slim fast bender for a week or two, you know, because since you fat shame me with these envelopes that you left here, it's not fat shaming. Oh well, any comedy, Okay, Well, in any event, every time I get over two hundred pounds and get back in the club, I don't like it. My man boob start coming out. You know. I one or two weeks left of summer and I get I have to turn the dad bod back into the beach pod, which is just a dad bod but not so chunky.
Speaker 2: Well, what's interesting is you're doing it at the end of the summer because we're to the hibernation season.
Speaker 1: Because we're going to be at the beach this week again. All next week we're going away. Well again.
Speaker 2: What's going to happen is I feel like you're like losing it to like put yourself on a base coming back.
Speaker 1: I'm okay with it, Okay, okay, song as you're fine with that. I just don't want to have the man boobs in the pictures. I got you, I got you. Plus I don't know. Plus maybe I'll get down to one ninety and I can open the lose weight envelope that you forgot what I gave you in that one food. I'm sure probably yeah, so, but no, it actually it works. So I've lost a pound a day so far. So I'm great. I'm down to one ninety six or one ninety five. That's great, look at you. So that's good and it makes me feel good. And I've gone. My legs are like I couldn't walk down the hall before because my legs are killing me from bike riding and bike riding the last couple of days. Yeah, we even rode. We rode to the beach a couple of days ago, Ashley and I And that's like fifteen miles or ten miles each way or something like that. It's a lot. I mean, that's a bikethon right there. That is so damn But I like it that. That's one exercise that I actually really like to do.
Speaker 2: I like bike riding. I've said it before. Bike riding is not for me. It's not from a crotch. It's not a good time for me.
Speaker 1: Period. You gotta get a good seat.
Speaker 2: I just don't think I've ever had. I've had a comfortable bike, but it's like a beach cruiser. You can't take a beach cruiser for fifteen miles each.
Speaker 1: Cruisers are tough because there's no gears. The bike that I'm currently using, which I won from this radio station, which was spectacular last summer, it's a priority, is the brand, and it's an awesome bike, but it's also a cruiser technically, so there's only three gears, but it's enough for the hills that I got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, once I have to start shifting, it's not fun for me. I don't like shifting. I don't understand the concept of shifting. I always do it in reverse. Well I'm kind of like going up and down and I don't understand, and then I'm just like peddling and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, you're like over, Yeah, you're like my kids. They're trying to change gears and they do it all too fast and the chain falls off. Yeah. So I'm in front of them listening and I hear kick and then the chain comes off. That's me, and they start rolling back down the hill.
Speaker 2: Running walking, you got me. I can walk four miles. I'm known for doing that to people, and I feel bad about it. But I can walk legit for ten miles at a time. I have no problem. I don't need to stop. I'm like a machine when it comes to walking. Running, I can do up to six miles. I have no problem with it. Just biking, I don't know. It's the different use of the muscles. It's not for me. It's not great.
Speaker 1: I got it. I like to jog, but I like to jog on the beach, which is weird because normally when you jog on the beach, or when I do anyway, it's kind of a little bit it's uneven, not level. Yeah, so your left foot is going a little bit lower than the right when you're running down the beach and reverse coming back, so you kind of have to, you know, adjust for that.
Speaker 2: Watch out for your IT bands, because that's what happened to me. I when I did the Miami Half Marathon three years ago. Now what wind up happening was I had IT band issues, didn't work on them, So then I got to the marathon.
Speaker 1: Wait, what is an IT band?
Speaker 2: It's like, well, I guess I can't really show you.
Speaker 1: Maybe I can.
Speaker 2: I feel like right here on your knee, Oh okay, there's like it's almost like sticky tape, and the tape it like it's loose. It should be loose. But then what winds up happening is when.
Speaker 1: You are you talking about cartilage.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I'm talking about, but it's almost like tape and.
Speaker 1: The inside your leg. Yeah, stop, I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 2: Well, it winds up stick sick, It winds up stick fine. Clicks, Yeah, it's clicking is fine, But like if you get intense pain on the side, yeah, that's an IT band issue.
Speaker 1: I'm going to need a knee replacement.
Speaker 2: By fifty I had that was the worst pain the last five miles of the Miami Half Marathon. I looked like you probably never saw it. The dark night when the joker blows up the hospital and is like hobbling off.
Speaker 1: That was me.
Speaker 2: I hobbled for five miles I did. I was like, should I quit because my knees are in so much pain?
Speaker 1: Nope? Kept going. Well I finished. What I thought you were talking about is like something you put on your arm that RAJ in the IT department would give you, you know, like a band, an IT band that would like get your heart rate and stuff like that. No, I didn't know that was talking about. I've never heard of that before. Yeah. IT band issues are very common for people who are run. It stand for something into the division. Okay, done? All right, Yeah you could google it. Okay. So here we are six minutes in. We've talked about nothing.
Speaker 2: So Runny, what do you got I band issues? You like to bike? I hate to bike. I like to walk. You can walk. You'd like to jog on the beach? I do with my old iPod. With my old iPod, you do it without any of the service. Well, I guess yeah, because it's an iPod.
Speaker 1: No I use I I okay, I like to use. I have an iPod from I don't know, the early two thousands or mid two thousands, and it's not really updateable anymore because you can't plug it in really to anything, so all the music just kind of stops at like two thousand and five. Yeah, but there's I have hundreds and hundreds of songs in there, and I love them all, and I just I don't know. For some reason, I can't get I can't get my iTunes on my phone to sync to my old one, you know what I mean. So yeah, I don't know. I don't know where it lives. It was on my old PC, which is gone, so that music is just only lives in that iPod, the clickwheel iPod, so I can't get it. So a click wheel too, I can't get any of it on my phone. It's not really a click wheel. It's a it's the newer of the ones with the wheels.
Speaker 2: Got it, got ever, man, it's not the one with the buttons around it. No.
Speaker 1: I have that one too, the white one, the original white one. I have that that, you know, for nostalgia, But I don't use that one any.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah, yeah, I have an iPod Mini that.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: What's funny is if you ever go out to one of these reality shows, you can't bring a phone, so you have to preload everything. So I would think, what would what would I put on an iPod that, like, what would be my favorite songs that it'd be like, oh, I have to listen to this, like I.
Speaker 1: Have the Tiger, Well that's Survivor.
Speaker 2: I don't know I would pick like maybe I don't know. I'd go for more beachy, like amp up music. So I'm sure you have to work out or prepare in some way, right, I guess I mean on supermarket sweep, but you have to prepare.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you a supermarket sweep. I don't like the wheels on those carts. It's just wait.
Speaker 2: Don't think they're sabotaging the cards.
Speaker 1: I do because like, go to Ikea. When's last time you were in Ikea? It's been a minute. Okay, take an Ikea cart. All four wheels rotate a normal supermarket cart, only the front ones rotate and the back ones stay straight. When all four wheels rotate, it's much harder to control the cart, especially when you're running, because the thing like slides all over the place. So you think there's advertising the carts on purpose. I do, yes, it takes longer, and the whole thing on that show is time. Okay, because when you're running like hell with a cart, when all four wheels turn, it's very hard to control.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you something and maybe this could be a life hack. Yes, when it comes to supermarket sweep. Okay, you're with a partner, right, yes, and you're running through the supermarket. Yes, Could your partner just pick up one end and you pick up the other end and you just run with it.
Speaker 1: No, because it's one at a time. It's like a tag team thing. You can't.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna say, if you're both together, just pick up the cart and run.
Speaker 1: Pick up the cart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's heavy, it's not that heavy.
Speaker 1: And then you have to load it with heavy things.
Speaker 2: Well again as you load it up, and then if you load it up the thing is I feel like it gets less wobbled.
Speaker 1: No, it's it could spin in a three if you go like this and twist, it'll spin in a three sixty. And it's very come on, man, I'm just it's very hard. If you go to Ikia and have it loaded with heavy stuff and you try to take a turn, you slam into people. My things. I hope they don't do Ikia supermarket sweep. Yeah, that would be rough.
Speaker 2: I bet you they do in like Holland though. Yeah, yeah, that's where it's from. So I'm sure they're like Fleagan Florgan Iikeia. That's my guess for what supermarket sweep Iikia would be called.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean it wouldn't be called supermarket sweep. It would be called Fleagan Florgan. That's what I keep saying, Cleagan Florgan or furniture store sweep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true, that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they have they do have food there. I got some cereal there, you know. Yes, we have another box from them coming up soon on cereal Killings and a few mondays from now.
Speaker 2: I'm really excited for the ones that I got from this road trip that have been sitting there for a month now.
Speaker 1: That will be a week from this coming Monday. Yeah. One of them came in like a milk box milk oh oh, like an old school carton.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and I really want to try that one.
Speaker 1: Actually it's not old school. The cartons are still like that, but you'd be hard pressed to find a milk carton that you still open the old school way when you have to spread it and push it. Now, they all still cast I hated that. I was never good at you know what, Nine times out of ten it would open pretty okay, but you'd get that one that just had too much sticky stuff on it and it couldn't and you jamming a fork in there and the milk goes everywhere. Yes. Yeah, And all cartons used to be like that orange juice, fruit punch lemonade.
Speaker 2: They all came like that Choppa Cana. I remember vividly opening up the cartons.
Speaker 1: My favorite cartons, and this was a favorite cartons. I'm sorry, pause no, because I just I'm going back to my high school days where we went to the twenty four hour bagel store Bagel Boss in Hicksville, which sounds weird. People that aren't from Long Island were like Hicksville. You just think of it as like a little country place with all grass and a bunch of hicks. It's not. It's a very you know, it's suburbia, but it's a very urban suburbia, if that makes sense. Of the big train station anyway, So the Bagel Boston Hicksville was open twenty four hours, so after we'd go out, you know, hanging out on a high school Friday or Saturday night would go to Bagel Boss and it was always for me an egg bagel with butter and Hershey's chocolate milk that used to come in the container, not even Quick because I know Quick did too, mm hmm. But it was that dark brown Hershey's container m m and you had to do the open thing in that. I just that's memories right there.
Speaker 2: I love nest Quick.
Speaker 1: Nest Quick is my favorite, see and back then it was nest Ley Quick. I don't know why they changed it to nest Quick. I know it's still nest Le's that makes it. But they got lazy and maybe they were, you know, charged by the letter and had to take a few out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe, or they were just like, what is the Nestle really doing? People know it's a nest Quick because they had the bunny, yes, and it was in his name like Nestor.
Speaker 1: I don't know what his name and it was definitely not Nestor, but I'm not sure what his name was or is he's still alive. I mean he's still hanging in there. He's uses a cane to walk now, but he's still he's still around.
Speaker 2: A tragic death story to the bunny on the nest Quick bottles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talked about the nest nest Ley Quick powder before and the tin cans with the lids and yeah an ovaltine, sure, yeah, I actually just found an old jar of ovaltine from the nineties that was signed by Kenny Banya from Seinfeld. Not ask any questions what it was. From the Seinfeld party we did at the radio station. You did a Seinfeld party, the big the finale party. Oh, that's so exciting. You did it at It wasn't was a Carolines. It might have been Carolines. It was something like that. It was a comedy place, and I was in charge of going around to get all the artifacts for the to like leave around. So I had to go to Kenny Rodgers Roasters and get a bunch of empty chicken containers and oval teenes that we had all over the place and marble rise and whatever was significant on the show. I had to go out and find and place all around this place so people would come and go ooh, you know, and that's pretty much it. I love that.
Speaker 2: I feel like there really hasn't been a what like, what's a comparable TV event now that like everybody talks about outside of the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Nothing like TV shows that are on network TV. Nothing. It was the Big Mash Finale in the seventies or early eighties or whatever that was, and Seinfeld and probably Friends also, But other than that.
Speaker 2: Listen what show gets over fifty million viewers for finale? Survivor was one. But other than that, I feel.
Speaker 1: Like nothing anymore because there are so many ways to get content now that there are not that many people that are watching network television.
Speaker 2: That came.
Speaker 1: I mean I like to because I like to watch the local news.
Speaker 2: But same CBS two News, Oh love that one.
Speaker 1: No sorry, Channel seven ABC Eyewitness News.
Speaker 2: I'm a CBS two news person. That's fine five o'clock and then six o'clock with the.
Speaker 1: Girl, the girl, the woman. Okay, I'm six thirty David Muir World News tonight. Oh see, I'm a six thirty no o'donald. I love NeuRA O'donnald, CBS two News. That's my jam. That's fine.
Speaker 2: Well, I actually make it a point to tune into it, and I feel old, like I feel like I've reached like my parents' age now where I like make sure I'm all settled in to watch the six thirty news.
Speaker 1: I love it. I do too. I mean, if you really want to feel old, subscribe to the newspaper. I still get the newspaper on Thursdays and Sundays only, and that's supermarket related. Otherwise, well, no, I mean I still read the newspaper every day here at work because we get it here. It's just it's a habit and it's something I've done my entire life. Does it make me old? Sure? Fine, whatever, I'm not old in my forties, but it's just being in radio for twenty thirty for thirty years more. In mornings, I've always read the newspaper, so it's just something I do.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is going to be like a swerve. Yeah, so don't mind it.
Speaker 1: That's okay.
Speaker 2: When was the last time you were called for jury duty? Because I haven't spoken about my jury duty experience, and I feel this is the perfect outlet to.
Speaker 1: Do, so I'm going to pass on this subject. You may go on.
Speaker 2: It was terrible, I'm sure it was. It was virtual. I hated it. The judge was so mean to me when I was called. There were so many old people there who.
Speaker 1: Didn't know how to use zoom. It was awful.
Speaker 2: From the moment it started. I was like, this is a train wreck waiting to happen. There was one woman who never turned her mic off, and she would just keep being like, have I been called yet?
Speaker 1: No, you haven't been called yet.
Speaker 2: All right, we're going to put you in the breakout rooms.
Speaker 1: Am I in the breakout room?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: No, you're not in the breakout room now.
Speaker 2: Then there was at one point this old man whose mic was just dead, and so he was just like and the woman on the other end is like, sir, what.
Speaker 1: And he's like all right.
Speaker 2: And it was just terrible. And then I get called into the judge jury thing, the.
Speaker 1: One on one yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And normally when it's in person, you can just it's easy. They just ask you, Hey, do you have like a job? Yes, You're done. This one the judge starts grilling me. I'mlike, well, what do you do for a living. I'm like, well, I work in the media, because that's what one of the questions is. He's like, well, it's it going to make you bias. And now I'm thinking he's a judge. I can't lie to a judge. So I'm like, no, I don't think it would all right, next question, Yes, it would That's what I said. He's like, well, it's an what kind of show do you work from? Like it's a top forty news show, which you know the morning show is.
Speaker 1: It's a top forty. You should have told the news. You should have told him it was a serial show, and then they would have thrown you right off. Why, I don't know. Listen this man.
Speaker 2: Every single time I thought I was gonna get off, he had another brainbuster to be.
Speaker 1: Like, you think you're gonna get off, but you're not.
Speaker 2: He was like committed to getting me on the jury.
Speaker 1: Did you wind up getting out of it?
Speaker 2: Well, the worst part was he asked me one question that was very open ended, So I gave him a very open ended answer, like I could be a jerk back too, and so then like he goes, oh, okay. One second, he shuts it off. So I can't hear what they're debating, but I could tell he was pissed at me. And he turns it back on and he goes, well, you're gonna be dismissed from this particular case, but let it be known you'll get called back by the end of the week.
Speaker 1: Guess who didn't get called back. So F you, good for you.
Speaker 2: I actually shouldn't say f you to the judge. He's very nice. I'm so sorry saying it to me. It's fine, Yes, that's what I meant. But I've never actually been on a jury ever, which is cool. You've never been called for jury, You've never been on a jury, but you've always got duty.
Speaker 1: I've always got dismissed. Yeah, yeah, I've never been I've never actually sat on a jury on a case oh seven.
Speaker 2: No, it's like my mission to not I don't want to be called.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure it's most people's mission unless the board and want the five dollars in the bolooney sandwich. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't want any of that at all. And like, I don't know why he was so committed to getting me there, because literally the minute they put me on the stand to like interview one on one, because then you had to go in person, I would just.
Speaker 1: Be like, why am I here? I want to go home? Yeah? Well, I mean and back to the old person thing, just so you know, in thirty forty years from now, we're going to be old people and there's going to be technology that we don't get like our kids are going to say, Dad, will you just teleport us to the mall, and we'll be like, I can't do it. It's not working in my brain. Listen.
Speaker 2: There's already a couple things that I struggle with, for example, making tiktoks. I don't get how to make a TikTok. I'm just going to be open about it.
Speaker 1: I can't do it. So that's one thing I have to learn that that is something that we should do. I don't think you ever got the account either. I think you should put your kids on it. They know how to do it.
Speaker 2: They do it, but bring home cereals for them and then have them mix them up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but will you and I need to be a part of it somehow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ask I would say, let's consult your kids. They're like, they know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: I don't. Well, then you know, Oh, I brought it home and I didn't let her open it yet because the snoop slime thing that Cooper does. I bought the Lucky Charms one, but I didn't give it to her yet. So maybe I'll have her make a TikTok with the Lucky Charms one and we'll post it as the very first thing on our serial Killer's pc TikTok at. Good idea, we'll do that. I'll like Cooper and Aps to be in charge of the serial Killer's piec TikTok a. I love it.
Speaker 2: And then we I'm thinking we will just do like cereal crushing, Like hey, you get to pick one out of the wall and then you bring it home and then they crush it.
Speaker 1: I think that'd be good. I know if it's a good idea to have them crush cereal in my house. I'm just saying, I think that's good. I maybe I can get them a section outside and I'll get them a you know, a roller a rolling pin idea, and a and a and a cutting board. I love that. I don't know what will we do with the crushed cereal? Just throw it out? So we're just so that's just for like ASMR is just like crushing cereal. People like the sound is satisfying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they also like to see what it looks like what would the together cereal look like with uh, like almond honeynut crunch like that, I'd be a fun little like here they are mixed and then they roll it and then it's like, here's your cereal.
Speaker 1: I think we might be onto something. We had mentioned this a few months ago, but I think we should do that. We should get a board in charge. We should get a board and a rolling pin. Yeah, and let them crush cereals. I'm into it. That'll be our TikTok channel. Great? Is it a channel? Yeah? Okay, I think again.
Speaker 2: I feel old. But back to Jerry Duty. We got been called every three years. By the way, every three years I get called. I'm the only person I know that's been called every three years consecutively.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 2: I was called at eighteen, twenty one, twenty four, twenty seven, and now at thirty.
Speaker 1: That's five times. See a few times I was lucky out because I would get the letter in the mail and I would have like just moved. So I would get one from New Jersey on Long Island, and I'm like, oh, I'm so sorry Hudson County. I don't live there anymore, you know, So I got out. I was able to get out a few times that way. But otherwise, you know, normally when they ask you what you do, you're out. They don't like people in the media on a jury because they think that you're gonna, you know, do stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean I even knew, like the captain of the police department that was next to where this one is being tried, and he's like, so, I'm thirty, do you really want me on a jury that bad?
Speaker 1: You're thirty? You're old, man, I am, you're so old? I am. Well, at least you know you still you have the AARP benefits. You'll get those for me, not yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Andrew, listen, because keeps getting younger and younger. Now, I think you only have to be fifty. Yeah, it's fifty. It is fifty. Yeah, but AARP said stands for something something retired people, you don't retire at fifty. You can't even retired till you're like seventy five.
Speaker 2: Now, that's even if you can retire. That's my favorite thing is when people are like, well, you know, if you just work hard, Listen, it's different.
Speaker 1: Houses used to cost like a nickel. It is different. Fifty years ago. You'd you'd have a big retirement party when you're sixty two. It'd be the whole thing and you would enjoy the next forty years of your life, yeah, or thirty whatever. And now it's like you're working till you're eighty if you can, and if you can't, you're out in the street.
Speaker 2: Yes, And then it's like make time for yourself though, well, if I make time for myself, then I actually can't work, which means that I'm not making money. So there's really no work life balance anymore. Cars used to cost a nickel, a house used to cost a dime, and that now it's like, why aren't people buying houses? I don't know, because there was apparently a boom of old people buying house for nickels back then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And everyone's like, oh, well, you live off your pension. I'm like, my pension. I figured out what my pension's going to be, and it ain't. I don't know if I could eat for the week on my pension.
Speaker 2: What's what about this olcial security that's.
Speaker 1: Gonna Everyone keeps saying that by the time we are to collect it, it'll be gone. Where's it going? It's all getting used up now for what for people now? And there's not enough going back into it. That's the problem. They've been saying that for years. So what am I doing. Like by the time I'm seventy, it's going to be gone apparently, which means that I'm not even going to get it now. I'll be I mean, they'll have some new system, I'm sure, but I don't know. Social Security is not the way that it once was. The way it was designed is just not working that way anymore. So, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's like a honeypot that people can take from.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the later in life you take it, apparently, the more you get. So you have to wait. But I don't know when you wait to.
Speaker 2: You wait until you're like eighty, and then.
Speaker 1: Like there's different tiers. I think there's like, you know, sixty whatever, and then there's seventy something, and then there's late seventies, and it's like, oh, if you wait till you're eighty, you'll get more. You'll be dead in a year, but we only have to pay you for twelve months. Enjoy. Yeah, you know, here, get some wheelchair grease with what we're gonna pay you.
Speaker 2: I feel like you will always be the person though that does something like I can't see you ever, just like sitting home doing nothing, like I could see you during cash register for like a day or two a week, or volunteering at a hospital something like fun.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna be that guy on Long Island or no, he's in Jersey somewhere. There's a stopping shop in New Jersey where there's this old like World War Two veteran that was bagging groceries until he was one hundred or ninety nine or something like that. They just brought him back for this big celebration because he just turned one hundred. So they brought him back. He had to stop because of COVID and he got sick whatever, but they just had to sell alebration one hundred years old. They brought him in a wheelchair. He was so happy. But I mean he was bagging groceries till he was ninety eight or ninety nine. So if I live that long, it'll be something supermarket related. Yeah, I can run.
Speaker 2: You there, like he'll be the nice guy where it's like, oh, hey, how are.
Speaker 1: You shut up? Old man? That's what I'll get. Well.
Speaker 2: By then, I'm sure they'll have like robots bagging, so it'll be like back in my day, these things didn't exist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we're getting one of those Amazon Fresh stores by my house. Oh yeah, you're one of like only there's only five store there's only a few of them in the country, and it's taking them a very long time to build. I mean, I guess they're still waiting on supplies and stuff like that because COVID. But I'm excited for I'm not going to be a regular shopper there, but I'm excited to see what it's all about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's a cool concept. Like I did the one in Seattle, it's cool, but the store wasn't big enough.
Speaker 1: I think this one's big. Oh it's gonna be like this one took over another supermarket that was there. Oh wow, Yeah, so it's gonna be a big one. I just I'm sure there's gonna be glitches and problems and yeah, charges that you didn't and whatever. It's gonna whatever. I don't know how many people are gonna be working there. They got to have people to stock the shelves, obviously, but true, I guess they just don't need the cashiers. But I'm sure there will be plenty of people just standing there watching and making sure things are working right. So it's kind of like, I don't know how many jobs they actually are saving, but who knows, we'll see. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Plus, wouldn't you want someone to bag your groceries too?
Speaker 1: I don't. Oh, that's me, that's me. I don't because I'm you're very particular, very particularly. We've discussed this in a past episode. I don't think I'm being a jerk. I just I like and I'm trying to teach my kids when they go shopping with me. At the very least, you want cold things with cold things frozen should all go together. Then dairy and cold, then produce. I mean, you don't put you know, strawberries in with a ham. You know what I mean, because it's gonna crush. I'm just saying, you buy a lot of hams and strawberries. I was trying to get something smushy and heavy in my head. So that was smushy and heavy in the morning. He used to be a morning show. What smushing and heavy in the morning? No, No, I.
Speaker 2: Was gonna say that does if we ever get a morning shot out of this, that's what's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Who Andrew? I think I'd be heavy, you'd be smoshy. Well, that's very nice of you. Seemed like you'd be.
Speaker 2: Smushy in the morning. I guess yeah, I could see it. Okay, do you have any wacky radio jingles that we could play?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: We do all the sound effects, Like.
Speaker 1: Who I mean, there's all the old school zoo one hundred ones that are in there somewhere, like I want you to find them so bad. Gary plays them every once in a while. There's that really really wacky zany old one, please find it. That's Gary plays from the eighties. It's like the z Zoo in the Nut that because it used to be called the nut Hut the more Nut Hut. Well, yeah, the morning show was called the z Morning Zoo. Oh here it is here, listen to this. And they had guys in the studio like banging drives and yeah, there was there's a there's a documentary somewhere or see Ann Story or something like. You can you can go search on YouTube for like Z one hundred worse to First in like nineteen eighty three or whatever it is, and there's they show the guys in the studio like banging drums and hitting cymbals and stuff like that. That was. That was the wacky radio shows of the eighties.
Speaker 2: Well, when we're smushy and heavy in the morning.
Speaker 1: We'll bring it back.
Speaker 2: Sure, Hey, what's up, I'm smushy in the morning.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, but heavy? That wouldn't be very PC that show. I guess what smushy and heavy? Why you can't be heavy?
Speaker 2: What if it's just like your voice? Like what if you talk like this the whole time?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I could see you doing good heavy voice, Like do a good heavy voice.
Speaker 1: A heavy voice? Yeah, I don't have a heavy voe.
Speaker 2: Like what would be like imagine like you chained smoke Marlboroughs all day? Like what would that sound like?
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know, Like it can't cancer voice. I don't know. I'd have to have it. I'd have to have the voice box thing. No that you know.
Speaker 2: That's my co host heavy everyone, I'm smooshy, I'm heavy. Once it happens, we'll be on in all the local markets across the country.
Speaker 1: We better get on that pretty quick because that's going away fast. Yeah, anyway, what else you got, Andrew? We can go for another five or ten minutes or so? Well, how long are we at? Like twenty six minutes, twenty seven minutes? These keep getting longer. And longer. I'm shocked. I think our record is like thirty four minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and let me tell you something. On the YouTube, people were saying like, oh my god, I love thirty minute episodes. What did I do to deserve it?
Speaker 1: People are actually saying, where are the episodes on YouTube? Well, they're all there. No, there's a few missing, but it's okay.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, there was that one that had the recording issue. Yeah. Then there was some one with Danielle that I didn't record right, and then that led into the bull chat I didn't record. But otherwise everything else is there. I got better with it, and I've been doing clips on the Instagram too. Those are fun.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I do like those. I do like those. I enjoyed you. So we're off next week. Are you going anywhere?
Speaker 2: I'm going to Kentucky this Friday?
Speaker 1: Is there a Derby? Is there some chicken there?
Speaker 2: Actually is? I saw it. It's close to where my friends live in Kentucky. The original Yes, wow, but KFC, mister colonel was not a good man.
Speaker 1: Was not here. Colonel Sanders was not good.
Speaker 2: It's like the people in Kentucky, specifically that area, know that he was like a giant creep.
Speaker 1: Do you know who used to work for him? This will blow your mind, Dave Thomas, Wendy's. Yeah, are you proud that I knew it was Wendy's because I knew you took here a second, but yes, you're preparing for it. Actually have a letter from Dave. I wrote to Dave Thomas. Like I told you, I was the guy that always wrote to people, and because I loved getting mail, so I wrote to people all over the place, and I wrote to Dave Thomas, and I suggested a Wendy's location for him because it was a great spot. It was a vacant store on a perfect corner where a drive would have been great. For the record, that spot is still vacant thirty years later or twenty years later, whatever it is. Yes, But he wrote back to me and he said, thank you very much, going to pass this along to our real estate team, and I appreciate your love for Wendy's. Dave Thomas, did you get a coupon? No coupon, but he said it to me company letterhead. It was really really cool. Did he signed it shot? I had it checked at an authenticator and it was actually Dave Thomas a signature. It was not an auto sign it was it was not a stamper, it was an actual signature. Wow, yeah, Dave Thomas signed you a letter. The authenticator was a magnifying glass. But still.
Speaker 2: It probably was his assistant or one of his assistants.
Speaker 1: No, I believe it was truly him.
Speaker 2: You know what, For your sake, I'm going to say it really was Dave Thomas.
Speaker 1: And maybe it was his daughter Wendy. He had or locked in a back room and said, you sign all this your pictures on this on the logo.
Speaker 2: I did this for you. Wait, Dave tom not Dave Thomas, the colonel. Okay, apparently this is the story. He had a hotel. Yeah, in Kentucky, he was like, let's just say, not doing so many great things with people in the hotel, and it was like a known thing that he was like a weird gross perv really yes, huh yeah. And so like the people in Kentucky kind of like want to forget about him, right because of how gross he is. But meanwhile, everywhere else in the country, it's like Kentucky they have the fried chicken.
Speaker 1: And all the commercials have all like new different kernels, on it. Yeah. Yeah, interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he's not a great guy. If you look up Colonel Sanders and then I guess maybe like creep.
Speaker 1: Sure, maybe'll he'll get the full story. And why is it spelled Colinel? That always drove me crazy? Yeah, why is it spelled like that? I don't know. It should be k E R N e L just like the popcorn, just like the baseball team and see the Rapids.
Speaker 2: There it is the Iowa reference and we got it in go Colonels.
Speaker 1: Wait is that serious? Yeah? Yeah, I went to I went to their minor league team. I believe I went to a game when I lived there for eleven months.
Speaker 2: Oh god, yeah, Brigidan just rounded up to a year again.
Speaker 1: No, because it wasn't a year. I'm not going to say it was a year when it wasn't. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, you really did a lot during your time there. You were a Netflix mini series when hes.
Speaker 1: Happened, I was I was too bad. No one followed me with cameras. It was a different time.
Speaker 2: I'm sure if you went back to Cedar Rapids now people would you'd get like a whole documentary crew with you. Okay, filmed really edgy. Talk about your life.
Speaker 1: That would have been kind of cool. Though it was interesting. I mean, I've told the story, but I went there for radio and radio didn't work out because the radio stations never went on the air.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is now sending like a gritty eight twenty four drama. You'd win a Best Actor, Oscar. I could see it now.
Speaker 1: In a nutshell. I worked for a radio station.
Speaker 2: I would say in a corn husk, very good, Andrew, thank you at you.
Speaker 1: I tried. I was working for a radio steam. That's me scrunchy. Oh sorry, what was my name again, squashy feet? I don't know, squishy squishy. I was working for a radio station on Long Island. The guy that I was working for there bought two radio stations in Cedar Rapids. Actually there were licensed to Waterloo, which was just outside. And the radio stations got challenged in court, and we were all out there waiting for these stations to go on the air, these bunch of New York people, and they never went on the air because someone challenged them in court for whatever reason. So it was just kind of abandoned. And here we are, these like four or five people from New York and we're out in Iowa. One of the guys started working at a shoe store Yonkers, which was a department store there. Another guy wound up being a salesperson for something, and I wanted to work in radio, so I went to the other radio stations in town and like, sorry, New Yorker, we know you're here to take over. We're not hiring your kind, you know, And I was like, okay, rude. So that's when I started working at Western Union. And I worked at Western Union for probably six or seven months, and I was like, this is not what I want to do. As much as I loved all the people that I worked with, I still keep in touch with some of them. And that's it. I came home and I applied here and I got a job here nineteen ninety five and I've been here ever since. But that that's my Iowa story. But I loved it there. I really did. It was it was different. You know. Everybody that li that grows up in like city life should experience small town Even though Cedar Rapids is a large city, coming from New York, it's a small city, you know. So everybody should experience other places in the country at least one point in their life. You know, Scary's never been out of the big city. He's always lived here. This was his firstami for a year and a half when I went to school there. It's at least that's a change of sceneries. Miami is also a massive city, but you know, I mean different to go someplace where there's corn and farmland and and and and That's why it was so cool to see that Field of Dreams game a couple of weeks ago, the Yankees and whoever the hell they played with, the who they play White Sox, the White Sox, because I had gone by that field a bunch of times in Dyersville, because I wasn't terribly far from there. But that's I don't know, it's just it's just it's kind of it's cool to see the rest of the country and see that other things exist other than where you live.
Speaker 2: That's who's playing you in the A twenty four movie Sedar Rapids.
Speaker 1: It's probably gonna be the guy from Color Me Bad, the lead singer who's that well, I don't know his name, but everyone always told me that I look like the guy from Color Me Bad. I'm pretty sure that he's now also hefty, he yeah, he put on a ton of weight, just put lead singer. And in the nineties, every everybody always said that I looked just like him. There was actually one time when I was in the street in Manhattan and somebody stopped and looked at me like, oh, is that is that? And I went a tiktoki, you don't stop and they were like, oh my god, and I walked away. Yeah, oh my god. But that's now him on the right. Yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 2: You do actually look like him a little bit. Maybe this is his comeback story. Oh my god, wait, I look like which one? Do I look like the one on the right or the left? The left one, not the one with a walker. Yeah, okay, But maybe what happens is he loses all the weight to play you in the movie, and then he wins his He actually wins the Best Actor Oscar. You get screenplay credit, but you also win too.
Speaker 1: Do I get to come up on stage at least? Or I'm just in the audience like this?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, you get to come up on stage.
Speaker 2: We just have to find a good screenwriter for you, okay, and you could tell your story.
Speaker 1: Who would play you in the Andrew story?
Speaker 2: I don't know, probably someone lame Jason Biggs. I get him all the time. I get who's the one that from Boy Meets World? I get him all the time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah Savage, yeah yeah yeah, but the brother yeah right Ben Ben's yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, I get him all the time. Is it just because of the curly hair?
Speaker 2: Uh? I think we look kind of similar. I looked like him as a child. I also look like the lead singer a Vampire Weekend hold on, okay, because I do, I actually do with sunglasses on sometimes. Yeah, we do look very similar, I would say, anyway, old please, I think this one's decent. Now.
Speaker 1: He has wavy hair in that picture. By the way, just in case you don't know who colored me bad is it's this song TikTok tiktokt I'm on a sex you I know that song? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I get this guy a lot.
Speaker 1: He looks like Joey McIntyre.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's Ezra cerning Coning. I don't know, but yeah, I get him. Do you remember this one?
Speaker 1: Maybe eight point five WoT B the Basement of the High School? Do that all the time with the current songs?
Speaker 2: So do?
Speaker 1: I mean, because that that intro actually exists somewhere on a tape, on a cassette tape, because that song was huge when I was in high school radio.
Speaker 2: I need to hear it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I just pretty much did it for you. Although I'll do that's not exactly what's happens eighty eight point five w p ob Scottie B Here. I'm gonna go get some coffee in the basement of the high school.
Speaker 2: This is.
Speaker 1: That's before I that's before I to the elocution lessons. You actually took elocution lesson before I moved to Iowa. People that were in radio said you can't go there with that accent because they don't want to hear that there. You know, because when I was in my teens, that's how I talked. Yeah, that's how I talked because I was from Long Island, and I talked like that. I would get coffee in the morning with my orange juice. That's that's that's how I talked. Did you actually really talk like that? Yeah you can. There are there are recordings of me in the I need to hear it in the late eighties early nineties talking like that.
Speaker 2: Well, my mom was from Staten Island, right, and her accent, Like it's always great to watch old home videos because it's hysterical to hear her like.
Speaker 1: Talking in the background.
Speaker 2: Like John, John, where are we going John?
Speaker 1: She's like ursit tome from my cousin Vinnie. It's so funny. And my brother still has a has the long Island accent. It's it's you know, he's you without the elocution. Yeah, yeah, pretty much, pretty much. Yeah, No, I wasn't. I wasn't that thick. His is his is his is pretty thick. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Certain words I get tripped up on, like water is water Florida.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people say water wata there's no R on it. Water.
Speaker 2: I say water. It's like a wha. Most people are like water water. Yeah, it's weird. I don't get that one.
Speaker 1: Well, you know you're supposed to say in the radio business, you know, when you do the call letters, it's w W because people well because people just say W. How do you do it like that? People say W. It's not W. It's actually W. That's the word. Even though it looks like a double V when it's written, it's a it's w W. That's why when you do commercials like BMW you have to ohow you really say that. Well, well, it's like some as Mr stuff right there. Can you say it's slower? W oh wow, Scott, w w W it's wonderful. Yeah, well I want to try w Okay, it's not as nice because you're trying too hard. That's the thing, because normally how would you would probably say w w W? Yeah, but I have to say w W Just think in your mind w w w w w W See. I love it very good. Wow, that's great. Huh, but I don't understand why it's a double V. Yeah unless you write in like bubble letter, then it's double a W if you don't do the points on the bottom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, I'm into it like that. Yeah, okay, thank you for that lesson, no problem.
Speaker 1: Wow on that note, Andrew, Oh my god, we're almost at forty minutes. Wow, that's insane. Yeah, we just it's a world record. Andy.
Speaker 2: That's heavy and squishy for you in the morning. Thanks for coming to our wackies any radio morning show.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We'll have tickets to color Me Bathroom Union Door hon Kunk only on w w W. Is that our call letters?
Speaker 1: Yes, we're www all right, Andrew, you're ready to get out of here. Yeah, let me go get the ceremonial ball. Oh, by the way, check out serial Killer PC dot com. There's still a few t shirts left. Please buy them up. Yeah, because they're limited edition, limited edition, limited edition.
Speaker 2: Also, who knows, maybe we'll have some news about a potential live episode soon. Oh no, maybe I need to talk to you about that. All right, we're not going to crush anyone's dreams on this podcast.
Speaker 1: We're not. But until we see you on Monday with serial Killers. Yeah and follow us please serial Killers PC on all platforms. Yes, we'll see you later. Bye. Clink clink already.
Speaker 2: Ohow forty minutes uh forty one to be exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, okay, bye bye