Speaker 1: Hi, It's Matt Rogers, the co host of this very podcast, Last Culturistas. And it may not be Christmas literally, it may not even be close, but it is Christmas spiritually. Because I'm happy, happy, happy to announce that the Prince of Christmas, which is me, by the way, is back readers, Katie's publicist and finalists, or should I say royal subjects. It's the Prince of Christmas Tour twenty twenty four. I'm back tour in my album Have You Heard of Christmas? With Henry Koperski and the whole Band. And if you're listening to this episode on Wednesday, September eighteenth, and it's after ten am, you can get tickets right now during artists pre sale using the code rum pump pump. That's our um pum pum, pretty easy to spell. And if not, tickets go generally on sale on Friday, September twentieth at ten am local time.
Speaker 2: Wherever you're seeing the show. So where am I going?
Speaker 1: You ask, I'll tell you in order, Starting December fourth in Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Then I'm going to DC, Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Austin, Philadelphia, New York City, Boston, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Chicago, and wrapping up in Toronto on December twenty second. Check out my Instagram bio at Matt Rogers though for a link to tickets, or go to Matt Rodgers official dot com Again. Artists pre sale is happening probably right now with code rum Pump Pump, and all tickets are on sale Friday, September twentieth at ten am at your venue of choice's local time.
Speaker 2: Now, well, let's get to some last coach. Eh huh, huh, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Look Mare, oh, I see you, my ow Bowen.
Speaker 2: Look over there is that culture. Yes, goodness lost cult.
Speaker 1: Dang lost culture East calling Now Bowen already popped his DC open, but I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Now. There we go, the sound of heaven. We can't have too many intro thing intro thing. It gets too fussy. It's too much, as we said a few seconds ago, too much housekeeping. And you don't like fuss. I don't like muss or fuss. Period.
Speaker 1: That's actually a really culture number six Bowen Yang, he don't like muss or fuss.
Speaker 2: What number is that? I thought six six? It wasn't at six, I think so great. I just want to say, girl, put your purples on. Okay, bts. I called Bowen about an hour ago and I'm in a panic, and I say, I really would like to wear purple for the episode. You'll find out what raises his shirt on FaceTime. It's of Lisa Barlow. What is it? I's Lisa Barlow saying what was Lisa Barla from Salt Lake City Housewife saying I feel for me too. It is my favorite shirt that I own. I really wanted to wear it today if it had been purple, but it didn't go with my rubric for today. In my mind, I thought a great pop star had passed away or something. The look on your face was telegraphing like memory. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just thought it would be a really good episode to wear purple. And then I realized my color blindness. My my handicap was so bad that I literally had to turn the phone around and we had to go through every shirt in my closet, and I said, is this purple?
Speaker 2: Is this purple?
Speaker 1: Because I can't, for the life of me, tell what is the difference between blue and purple.
Speaker 2: We picked out a Lakers jersey as you can see, and watching the video.
Speaker 1: Did you know what's even better? And we didn't even talk about this. Do you want to know why this is extra iconic? Do you know whose jersey this is? I don't magic. Oh my god, no kidding, number thirty two. I should know that a female stylist that it was like, okay, so shout out to Melissa Layman. We went thrift shopping and I saw this jersey. And I've never really been a jersey person, but you know, this is our big We went to the US Open. I gave ciner iigh five Onick Center High five. It was so like, the cameras got it.
Speaker 2: They got it. It was on broadcast.
Speaker 1: So then I'm like, you know what, let's get the jersey because A I liked the way it looked. These actually are my high school called purple and gold. Shout out to the buccaneers I of high school.
Speaker 2: You know who you are. Buccaneers were purple and yellow. They were purple and yellow. Okay, But I liked it because it was sort of queer coded.
Speaker 1: And I do believe that buccaneer is the gay word for pirate or pirate, and I think that's a rule of culture that we've said.
Speaker 2: Twelve buccaneers the gay word for pirate. But now I'm gonna ask a potentially ablest question. Well, as long as you acknowledge that it's potentially able us up top. You know, we're all learning here. Can you appreciate purple without knowing what it is?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Because can I tell you what my eye does see is so happy? Oh yeah, what my eye does see is so happy. That might not syntime. Now, our guest in the first episode of Agatha All Along, which if you're listening to this on the day of the drop of this episode is now out September eighteenth on Disney Plus. And it's so much good, that much fun. She says, let me get my purples, and he went, oh yeah, get my purple back, my purple back.
Speaker 1: In a face off with Aubrey, who I texted you, I was like a crushes.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing. It's moneworthy. And by the way, I cannot believe that she's here. We're getting to it. The whole cast is amazing.
Speaker 1: When Patty LuPone turns her ass around and looks at first, well anyone or anything, You're like, dear.
Speaker 2: God, dear God, dear God. You just love it. It makes you think she has not done this. She needs to do this more. Like her on camera is so powerful in a way that like obviously on stage it's amazing, but like you want to see her on screen more. You just you just need it.
Speaker 1: Well if you have that same feeling as Bowenna, and you're so in luck because it's not just Patty, it's our guest, it's Aubrey, it's to Sheer, our old friend lock.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, performance. We've seen the first two. It's so good.
Speaker 2: You've seen the first two or three. I'm on three and it's three is when it gets fun because they gave us four.
Speaker 1: Three is three. It's was generous, very generous, especially of Marvel famously, the lips are tight. But yeah, we have our purple on to honor Agatha.
Speaker 2: By the way, we've played this game before. You can play this game with your friends. It's the girl game is someone just has to say girl and then another person has to complete the song. It can be put your records on. It can be so confusing. Sometimes it can be I can tell you, but he needs somebody to talk to. What are you get in now with this one? I'm just thinking there's a new audition with girls so confusing. Yes, that was a tangent. And then it's Spooky season, which God great occasion for I get all along for you to watch. It's also stooky season. It's Stu season. I call it Stooky season, and and we're in it. That's the binary. I'm soup your stew. That's what makes the podcast great, and what makes the podcast great today is our guest.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean the legend of all legends, truly one of No, it's it's humiliating. So here's the deal. We actually recently in Fire Island watched step Brothers. Where was the Oscar for Catherine Hanmer. It's better than any performance. That's one an oscar perd.
Speaker 2: I remember being in the theater in school and I bet you just screamed. I was like, who the fuck is that? Well, let me tell you something. You actually knew who it was because of because is crossing Georgia because of this line? Eh, how to lose a guy? Come on the iconography.
Speaker 1: Since we have to bring her in, everyone like, come on, please welcome into yours the limitless.
Speaker 2: Hello, this is major laser for us.
Speaker 3: This is my honor.
Speaker 5: No listen, no fuss, no, no, we can tell you're not fussy. Did you ever see the on zip the I think it's the Mizrahi documentary where Polly Mellon goes Fussy finished.
Speaker 2: No, but that's Where's to Live.
Speaker 3: By Fussy finished.
Speaker 2: She finishes a front runner for title of this app So.
Speaker 3: I think so Fussy finished finished.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mizrahi documentary highlight.
Speaker 3: Oh have you never seen it?
Speaker 2: I've never seen it. Oh it's worth it, Okay, he's.
Speaker 5: Bernard said it like, oh this is yeah, this is about fifteen years ago.
Speaker 2: I feel some center Bernard and you.
Speaker 3: Oh my spiritually, I would love it.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you that's what her.
Speaker 3: I just got King of Comedy and I was like, whoa is that? How does she do it?
Speaker 5: She's so beautiful in the strangest way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's insane.
Speaker 2: And she's the same edge that she has always like, she doesn't get fuck. Fuss finished, Fussy finished.
Speaker 3: Fussy finished.
Speaker 5: No, No, it's fuss finished finished, Fuss finished, fust finished finished.
Speaker 2: Finished, any and all, all and all, we we fucking love the new shows.
Speaker 3: Oh, I am so psyched that you've seen any of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's screaret.
Speaker 3: I am so for you to see the rest.
Speaker 2: Oh. Yeah, I'm manifesting it, building towards a little something something, and if it doesn't happen, that's fine.
Speaker 3: I wonder if that's something something in And I feel like there's so much.
Speaker 2: There's a Chekhov's gun here and I know it's with Joe Locke. We don't know who he is, the name.
Speaker 1: We have theories I believe, and I'm just gonna say my theory. I believe that Joe Locke in the show is the son of want the Maximov m.
Speaker 2: She goes, you're you're really good at the okay.
Speaker 5: Always theories, A lot of theories with Marvel Studts. The fans are real.
Speaker 2: Passion I love theory television me too. This is something that I guess only a few actors and writers and artists experience, where it's like you have to be on the receiving end of all this shit and you have to be like you have to keep a straight face, and like that must be interesting.
Speaker 5: Well, what's crazy about it is that like half of the people that have strong opinions are right on and the other half is so it's pretty amazing, Yeah, kind of, it's either really one or the other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but real passionate.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like when I remember being like really young and I would go on like the Lost message boards. I was a big Lost fanatic, and it was that was made of people that were like truly crazy.
Speaker 2: The fan theories and everything.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: And when I was younger, I was like, God, it would be so amazing to be part of a show where you had to keep secrets. And then you realize, like how fucking hard that.
Speaker 5: No, it's actually kind of makes it the whole thing a little easier because there's nothing you can say.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, I'm yeah, we get to talk about anything. Yeah, yeah, well we have to watch Lost.
Speaker 2: Oh you have to?
Speaker 3: No, I know, I'm so behind.
Speaker 2: Does she have to watch Lost? I mean you can watch the The first season is excellent. Season unreal, okay, second season good, third season unreal again. Oh, fourth season getting weird. Fifth season, I don't know, sixth season all right, tears an art.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Well they really take you on a ride.
Speaker 5: I'm telling you that's an emotional investment over many years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, they got a little messed up because of the strike in the middle, right like they were they were hitting their stride and they were like, we're a show that like you really have to watch episodes episode like again that promotes those fan theories.
Speaker 2: And then the strike happened. It was like, oh weird, and then it got a little weird, and then it got a little weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I heard people were not satisfied.
Speaker 2: I'm not satisfied.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's hard to it's hard to land the plane.
Speaker 2: I mean, were you in holding this secret? I feel like for Wanda Vision as it was airing and as it was coming and people were like wrapped watching because it was still like we're coming out of the pandemic, but it's like where we're in it. We're like we're at home, we're watching it, pretty in it, We're pretty in it.
Speaker 3: We're so was it was?
Speaker 2: It was it was life saving. Absolutely, it was like it felt like monocultural. It was like we're all watching the same thing for once, you know what I mean. Yes, And it felt like were you holding onto something in the airing of that show that you were like, I can't like that that was a secret that you were rolling on.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I think yeah, one hundred percent. I was holding on to her like big game and nobody knew she was a witch and nobody knew she was ang on that. But because it was a pandemic and because I don't have social media.
Speaker 3: I could really just live my life. Didn't tell my kids. They kind of forgot about it.
Speaker 5: So it was just like we were able to watch it it live at home, and that was really really satisfying because that big reveal is hilarious.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. I mean it said iconic moment in television.
Speaker 3: Pretty rad.
Speaker 2: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 3: It's crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That song got it Emmy number one and Emmy Oh yeah. It was like the top was he couldn't stand a chance. No biber bottomed for you.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 5: I finally got Bieber to bottom bottom, exactly where he should be.
Speaker 2: All a top. Agatha is a tot.
Speaker 5: Oh for sure, unless it's like one of those business guys who's like, I need to put a diaper on.
Speaker 3: I need you to diaper me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and give me a bottle, because I feel like she's so powerful that sometimes maybe she wants to be treated like a baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What I love about the show is it's very sapphic. Yes, it is a very queer show. I love it.
Speaker 5: It is a queer show. Yeah, and there is a lot of energy and tension.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's a scene in the first episode towards the end of the first episode where I don't want to say too much because the first episode is so much fun because of the way it starts, and it sort of calls back to the device used in Wanda Vision about genre and.
Speaker 2: Types of show.
Speaker 1: So it's so smart what they did. But there's a scene where someone's palm is licked by someone else.
Speaker 2: Oh, it made me feel, It made me feel, It made me feel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely made me feel that energy is really real. Well, Okay, Plaza and I had never worked before together.
Speaker 3: We were on Parks and Wreck. We were kind of like at each other a hallway, not sharing scenes, not sharing scenes. Yes, that's exactly what we do girl, And then she so.
Speaker 5: This was the we've always like, we've stayed really like dear friends, and then this was the first thing that we've gotten to work on together. And it was like what, Yeah, I didn't ever see this for the first time, Like I just always saw like a comedy or something, but this was like.
Speaker 3: Oh complicated, it had.
Speaker 2: Some meat on the bones between you and Plaza and Patty, I forget it, And I only used this word with reverence. It's like, these are some broads.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I was just saying. I was like, Patty's a broad.
Speaker 2: She's a broad.
Speaker 3: She like there is nobody.
Speaker 5: I mean, the fact that I was singing next to Patty Lapone in a chorus that she just blended.
Speaker 2: Her amazing.
Speaker 5: Is incredible and she's hilarious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she was such a.
Speaker 5: Mama hen like, she just took such good care of everybody, you know, and we just basically sat around and just siphoned info off of her.
Speaker 3: Just we just leaped and we just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was willing to give it out.
Speaker 3: She was.
Speaker 5: We didn't have to do that much. There were stories pouring out. She don't get she doesn't give an s no, she really does, Like did you see her.
Speaker 2: Hot ones?
Speaker 3: The whole thing? But I did about the Madonna Dona thing.
Speaker 2: She just looks at the camera because the question is like, do you want to apologize to Madonna or eat this wing that will put you in discomfort for hours on end, And she looks at the camera and sticks that thing in her mind, throws the.
Speaker 3: Bone she's thrown thrown and didn't she win?
Speaker 2: I mean, there's no she didn't win. She won.
Speaker 5: She won, she won a winner, she's a winner. No, she's a goddess. I'm going to see her opening of her play, very excited.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's just the two of them on stage. Yeah, I love that, conceit so much. I will see any play where it's two people literally.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, with no intermission.
Speaker 5: Actually I'm saying that I'm not sure, but she's like she Joe is going tonight too, the delicious Joe Locke. And so she texted both of us being like, doll, we're having a little thing. It's starties after whatever.
Speaker 2: And we were like, they should draw you.
Speaker 5: They maybe maybe there's what if there's just a portrait or like an illustrator in the corner. It's like a party thing, and then.
Speaker 2: You can buy it from me. We're not putting it out there.
Speaker 3: The whole time.
Speaker 5: You think it's coming out there, and then there's somebody from a sticking it.
Speaker 3: In a frame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. So how long are you in New York?
Speaker 3: Just until Saturday?
Speaker 1: Okay, so if you have any time, literally, I just remember I have this in my saying did you this is so this is Stuffs. I'm holding the playbill for Stuffs, and I'm so moved by it and like all the emotions, like especially after the debate the other night, like just to know how fucking hard to suffer just worked and for years and years and years to get the right to vote. Like it left me feeling a little angry because there's still people out there being like I might not vote.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, holy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how can you be undecided? That's what we were talking about, Like, oh are you I may be undecided?
Speaker 2: Like what gosh? They did a thing that I always win when they like cut to like this like focused group after the debate because I can't it's clown parade, clown brigade. I'm so sorry. It's like, these are silly people, These are un serious people. That's all all said. This wo woman was like, well, it's important to remember that we're voting for the leader of our country, not the person we want on our wedding party. And I'm like, what can you explain that?
Speaker 3: You mean by that? What do you mean by that?
Speaker 1: So you think she's a fun person or seems like maybe someone who might be reliable in terms of executing the duties.
Speaker 5: In the wedding, he talks about Hannibal Lecture as an actual, real friend of his who's alive and not fictional. Ba's what you want to run the carry?
Speaker 1: Can you believe the eating of they're eating the pets, they're eating the cast, they're in the door.
Speaker 3: The whole thing really does feel.
Speaker 5: It does like fuck with your Reality's surreal because you're like, this is stuff that's coming out of people's mouths that you're like, what, I don't understand.
Speaker 2: The split screen of it is like, oh, like these these are two people that are like next to each other, they are like sharing. And what really got me the way he wouldn't look at her, I know, the way he wouldn't even look at her, and that she crossed. I liked the power move in the very beginning. She crossed right over and shook his hand, and she's like, I'm not gonna let you pretend. No, I'm not gonna let you disrespect me. Right off the top, I'm letting you know. And also the vibe of you're not running against him, you're running against me. He did say one thing which I think unfortnately will stick, which is I have concepts of a plan. Well, yeah, but when they go think what I mean is I think that.
Speaker 1: Phrasing is it's the lexico. It's going to be like, I'm like, what's your plan for this this weekend?
Speaker 2: I have concepts of the plan. We're gonna start.
Speaker 3: Saying concept to start saying that.
Speaker 2: Now it's the one thing I do.
Speaker 5: Have concepts of a plan for the weekend, and then eventually something happens.
Speaker 2: Exactly what's your ideal concept of a of a weekend?
Speaker 5: I would love to sleep in? Yeah, I want to dance. I gotta dance.
Speaker 3: Gotta dance. You gotta dance.
Speaker 2: You do got thing on your on your college yearbook? And that was really related it.
Speaker 5: When I put in my freshman college yearbook, I was like special, like what do you like to do?
Speaker 3: And I put like poetry? Are acting? Club hopping? Club out there?
Speaker 2: This was Northwestern.
Speaker 3: This is Northwestern, but I grew up in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, so you just like Midwest club culture.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that was the best. Okay, so like because it felt very underground.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it was like it was the best people.
Speaker 3: My mind was like pooh, it just was the it was the greatest.
Speaker 2: Well literally like the birthplace, like Detroit birthplace of techno. It's like you were you were there for it.
Speaker 5: That's what I felt like that that is like exactly, yeah, there the heart of rock and roll.
Speaker 2: And we'll and we'll still say it today. My mom.
Speaker 5: I remember finally I was like I don't need to finally go into the rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and my mom walking out of there, was like, who needs to.
Speaker 3: Pay twenty bucks? Ye, sweaty T shirt and plexiglass.
Speaker 2: Come on, mom, I love the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It's fun.
Speaker 3: It's cute.
Speaker 2: It's really cute to go.
Speaker 3: It's fun.
Speaker 2: I get what your mom saying. It is a lot of just like glass cases, like you know, like the sweaty Pit. It's Hollywood. It's like, oh, Hollywood and hard.
Speaker 3: For that reason, I've been a planet high Wood so long.
Speaker 2: I gotta go, Oh my god, You're sitting at a table and above you could just be one of Madonna's bras. That could happen.
Speaker 5: You could be eating knowing that the bra is right above him, right there.
Speaker 3: Okay. I have to also, isn't it different at every location?
Speaker 2: Yes, they have different artifacts. I got to like if you go to the one and I don't know, let's say like Universal Studios Orlando. They've got good stuff there because that's a big hard rock that's a really important cultural hard rock, the one in Orlando. Yes, do you get a free past to Disney World? Now, No, that's ridiculous, But.
Speaker 5: Sometimes like they've been really they've been very generous, Like we went we I took my friend and I and our daughters there like recently and that was totally on the mouse. Yeah, which was really freaking sweet. I love Disney, we.
Speaker 1: Love it, and you know there's someone walking around as you know, which has to feel wild.
Speaker 5: It is so trippy. They have ears, they have the like mouse ears.
Speaker 2: I'm the one is walking around to.
Speaker 3: See other are people like you?
Speaker 4: Be you?
Speaker 3: We went to an event in London and it was.
Speaker 5: Like cosplay, So there's already like cosplays for every character in the show.
Speaker 2: Wow, jos the teen has Yes, that's perfect.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's so cute.
Speaker 2: He's adorable.
Speaker 1: And what's so great to immediately off the jump is like you got to compliment the costume design of this show because everyone immediately is so you know, like everyone's got a thing like Patty's like hair like she's wearing and just knows stunning, Like I mean, like there's so much.
Speaker 5: Like everybody, so you can really, like even just in silhouette, you know exactly who everybody is. Rio's like Aubrey's character, like you know, you know who everyone is.
Speaker 3: The amazing Deborah Joe.
Speaker 5: She cannot open her mouth without everybody laughing.
Speaker 1: Like that's a real legend, right, I mean that seventies show. There was not a moment that she was.
Speaker 3: It's like nothing I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, I heard deciding whether or not she's going to go, and she's like like on the we'll see, everyone's going to see.
Speaker 3: Everyone will see. I hope everyone see.
Speaker 2: They're gonna see.
Speaker 3: It's really really juicy.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 3: It doesn't like who isn't a witch? Really, Julie, No.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask you this before playing Agatha. Do you feel witchy? Witchy person?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think I am. I think like I was definitely.
Speaker 5: That was my Halloween coster, like most of my childhood was that or the Tooth Fairy and the.
Speaker 7: Witch.
Speaker 5: It could have been like Phant of the Opera, like have one side of face a witch and then gone.
Speaker 3: Like this, yeah, fairy exactly.
Speaker 5: Yes, But yeah, I always think I've you know, I feel like anyone that feels kind of, you know, not normally, like not in the no gotcha, or that feels a little bit like doesn't really feel like they fit in, or it doesn't feel like everybody else.
Speaker 3: Is a witch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so you're covens are the people that you feel most connected to and make you feel the most safe and the most scene.
Speaker 2: There's a moment in the show and at the end of episode two when you guys are all singing where it like it's like the coven kind of like gathering and assembling, where it like you just feel like like it's the direction, it's the it's the performances. It's like all of you are all really attuning to each other. And yeah, it's so importantly I'm like, what's going on? Is this? Like wow, whoa, this feels like a little indulgence, But I don't mind it, Like it's yeah, but it's a necessary thing where you guys have to like sing at each other in order to like forge this bond. This takes you into the rest of the season.
Speaker 5: Must to Agatha's chagrin, she doesn't want to play with other people because it's like, gag me.
Speaker 3: I feel like.
Speaker 2: Because I was thinking about your career and I'm like, oh, like this is someone who went from like fucking revolutionary road we got a step Brothers to fucking like transparent. So then like I'm like this woman, like you've done it all, like this, this is what she does it all. But that's a witchy thing to like be able to like glide so seamlessly your whole career. I'm like, it's.
Speaker 5: Weird, it's weirdly witchy, and that I've been able to get away with it, Like no one has been like, ah, she's strictly comedy, or she's strictly drama, or or she's strictly whatever. I've been able to kind of disappear or I just haven't been well known enough that everyone.
Speaker 3: Meets me anew like who's that? So I've just been able to like kind of.
Speaker 5: Squeeze myself into different projects. And that's been like That's why I wanted to be an actor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: Able to do that so much?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love a rep company.
Speaker 5: I love like when someone like any group of actors, it's like Richard the Third and one day and like noises off, you know, like that kind of vibe is like the best.
Speaker 3: That's like why I wanted to get this mess. So yeah, that's been fun.
Speaker 5: But again, like this last chapter that I've been doing, I think has really prepared me.
Speaker 2: For the Witch. Yeah, totally for sure.
Speaker 5: Just because like every woman that I've been playing has been so ethically like morally like a little bit not their insides are on their outsides a little bit, yeah, and they make really questionable decisions, and I think that that's suppressing the Witch.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And also that versatility that you've shown directly speaks to like what happens in WandaVision, where from episode to episode you are playing a different genre. I just remember watching the first episode or two where you were so at home and that that sitcom that throwbacks, that comething like everyone was crushing it, but I remember there was just a moment where you like turned around, you're getting you and her are doing like a walk about the kitchen. Yeah, and I was just like, look at how oriented she is, how comfortable you are, just like and it had to be or you tell me, but like was that just so fun? And that's where it comes that's where like the accuracy comes from. How fun that opportunity is? Like, what is that's.
Speaker 3: My dream come true?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: I mean Agatha first is a performer and she's a ham but I mean she loves to work a cape. But in those in that whole series leading up to her like Reveal, every different genre was like you said, it was just like a dream to study those sitcoms, like figure out the movement.
Speaker 3: For each decade to like, yeah, of course, the best, the best.
Speaker 2: Major, the best.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe it. Yes, it's so crazy.
Speaker 2: It's a holistic project. Yeah, any actor for like all, but like especially for you and Elizabeth. It's like, oh, like what's the next? It feels like procedural almost, but in terms of itself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, crazy, No, it was crazy. It was so meta.
Speaker 5: That's what this feels like the same way, but instead of like the sitcoms as being like the backbone of it and changing, it's kind of more like genre or tone I guess. So it's like can't be it's like very scary. It's like it's like all all of those it gets very deep, you know, So it's all the things, and it switches so fast, so fast, so there's definitely like I would say the same structurally in terms.
Speaker 3: Of in terms of the switches.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's maybe from a different perspective.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, if it fills this rubric where it's like any great performance, you go, could anyone else have done this? Like Matt and I talk about this all the time. It's like could anyone else have done this? And it's like, because you have led up to this moment in terms like with like seamlessly transitioning from one thing that.
Speaker 8: Next, my gosh, you guys, it feels like the perfect marriage of a performer and an amazing role where it's just like, of course it's iconic because it is that thing of like we've been waiting for this.
Speaker 1: And I also will say, just to talk about revolutionary wrote yeah please, I'll just never forget because what I think that came out in two thousand and seven or eight, and I I, yeah, and I think that before that. So me being a fourteen year old in two thousand and.
Speaker 2: Four on the Island, I at the times I was trying really hard to like code switch in my own way and fit in with like the boys, right, and I just remember like a shared language that we all had was anchorman and Will Ferrell is actually a producer of this podcast. Yeah, and he's coming on.
Speaker 6: Not funny, but but just that scene with you and Christine Applegate where you tell him where you.
Speaker 1: Tell her that he'll read anything off the prompter, just like that was a moment where all my like male friends were like quoting like what women were doing in a movie.
Speaker 2: I know this sounds no.
Speaker 1: That moment I felt like, oh, this is like way in I have, Like I was like the thing that I loved the most about this movie, which was like Christina and like like everyone like Veronica was like we love But just like between that and also then a few years later me knowing you from that and then obviously Step Brothers, which is a whole other strategy.
Speaker 2: Were crying on Fire Island. We were like the only gay men on that island, wastching step Brothers like an Adam Kay movie, but we were like just dying.
Speaker 3: So stupid funny.
Speaker 2: I mean I watched to see you breathing into his mouth. It was just like it's insane. I was like, this is can you talk about that scene?
Speaker 5: I mean that was I think I know the scene you're talking about the scene with John c Riley so much.
Speaker 2: On the porch and then this is a bathroom one.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I want to roll you up a little ball.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was our ad who pitched it because everything was ever and he was like, why don't you go You should try going over and just peeing in the ear and all, and I was like, oh yeah, yeah, like perfect, completely all over you.
Speaker 3: Parts with these parts it's not direct. You never know what.
Speaker 2: She's a beast.
Speaker 3: She's a beast, she's a beast. But yeah, we improvised all that.
Speaker 2: I was wondering, how epic is that? Was it the McKay way of like, we'll shoot a scene as and then you do it, don't even think about the scripts. Yes, you just just do that.
Speaker 5: Which is so genius because the script is somewhere in there, because you know, you have to get somewhere. It can't just be like But then sometimes it went places that I.
Speaker 3: Don't even know, Like we had the state like we're so dark.
Speaker 5: We were planning Adam Scott's murder, like in detail why we were having sex.
Speaker 3: But like in really graphic like how.
Speaker 5: We would get into the place, who would have a knife, who would do the first.
Speaker 3: I mean it was so.
Speaker 2: Even at the end when like everyone, it's at the Catalina. When when when willis singing and it's like everyone and it cuts to people beautiful singing, gorgeous singing, gorgeous boy and you and a gorgeous head voice singing see child of Mind too, like you and Patty singing together. Makes total sense because parents like Catherin Hank. Yeah right, but anyway.
Speaker 3: Karaoke and what's your song?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 5: I love a ballad. I love a ballad. I love any slow Rihanna song.
Speaker 1: Stay stay Yes it was just a woman was just crushing it in the subway last night.
Speaker 3: Stop it.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I can't miss the beautiful singing and suffs. But then I got and tell them to the subway. And the woman is a musical who is actually our friend from years back. She just won to Tony. She's the first person ever to win the Tony for reading the book and score of a musical.
Speaker 2: And she's the lead.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm so so you are going to love Yeah, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Okay, But anyway, like just to talk about like all these like ways that you were so iconic from a comedic standpoint like to us. And then I remember I watched Revolution and I wrote because there is there was that real side of me that really just wants to see Kate Winslet in a domestic drama and then to see you and that insanely beautiful, so heartbreaking scene at the end where you break and is it David Harbor.
Speaker 10: It was so good, just so good, and the tragedy and like the way and like I want you to know, like having known you from the stuff that we knew you from to that, I was like Catherine Hahn and I like, that's why it's crazy that.
Speaker 2: You're here, because you really are.
Speaker 3: Oh fucking great, Oh god. I shot at the same summer as Stepbrothers.
Speaker 2: Really wow. Sam is like all right, one for fun.
Speaker 3: One for you guys.
Speaker 5: But I mean that's when things started to be like okay, okay, okay, like I could actually do this, like I don't have to be I didn't think I was comedy and all, like I didn't think it was in my bones. I was like a serious I studied like serious plays. But then I was always the class clown, Like I was always the one kind of fucking around.
Speaker 3: So maybe you know that should have taught me something.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe are telling you, but you've broken out of that.
Speaker 5: But I really, yeah, I think it was like working with Honestly, I started working with these incredible women writer filmmakers that just were excited about you know, I always try to fit in instead of being myself, Like I always felt like I was trying to hit the mark and be the best friend and the quirky best friend, but then the pregnant best friend.
Speaker 3: You know, I had like a chapter.
Speaker 5: But then I through McKay actually the first one that it was like finally felt anarchic in a way that I really dug and I took that into any kind of acting moving forward, like the ability to just be trusted that whatever you bring is nothing's wrong.
Speaker 2: I love a narcic yeacause like I feel like, Okay, you picked this up from McKay and then I feel like this relations collaboration you have with Joey Sollaway. Yeah, it was kind of that same anarchy. It's like it can be anything.
Speaker 5: And I don't think that I would have had the same of availability to that had I not done those movies. Really yeah, which is so awesome and work with those dudes like just to watch Will's his just deftness and his like brain just being like I don't understand his brain.
Speaker 3: He's like really.
Speaker 2: Touched angel by an angel.
Speaker 3: He's touched by an angel.
Speaker 2: I think eighty was someone who Adie Brian would work like when you became to my house and she was just like, he's just someone you look at and you like smile.
Speaker 5: I know he's a magic person and he's also like a dear, dear, dear person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, gentle giant.
Speaker 2: I mean this new documentary that's coming out Will and Harper.
Speaker 3: I've seen it about about to See You are going to cry.
Speaker 5: It is so moving. It is so beautiful. Both of them are just gorgeous. It's really beautiful, incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking like getting to work with Will, and you're saying, like the value in learning like how that style and that like ability to improvise like can then like inform the scripted work or that stuff. That's more you know on the years later. What I feel like is that's why it's so important when you're working. I love the directors and the showrunners that allow and you don't you don't always get that time because it's hard. Like something people might not know about production is it's a jam, you know what I mean, Like it's like a time crunch. But when you get that opportunity to have that one take, Like I just worked with Liz Feldman and like, actually Tiana Parris is in that show too, is coming out later this year's Age and she can do it all too.
Speaker 3: She can do it all.
Speaker 2: But she always was like, okay, and then we're going to do the fun run. And those are my favorite words because I know that that's a lot where a lot of this stuff really comes from. And when you feel like you're rushed out of something whatever you say, they got it, they know what they're doing, but the opportunity is something that's not always there and get.
Speaker 3: It all out. I feel like there's no stone on left unturned. Yeah, and you're right.
Speaker 5: Joey Soloway like working with them was really did shift that movie. Afternoon to Light kind of changed all of our perspectives on what it is to make something because you never knew where where the camera was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it kept liberating.
Speaker 5: He was such an emotional camera operator that he would just like follow where the scene was all the beats of.
Speaker 3: It was that was amazing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, just having that that like leader like doing the project that's interested in that. Yes, And like I would also say, like that's why it's great to like, you know, not whenever anyone that's in obviously money, use money or whatever, but like to not feel like every single second of every single day you have to just like get it, like it's such a gift like for that to not be the situation I think nowadays.
Speaker 5: Yes, although I would say too that sometimes when there's like tight constraints, like if it's time or money, there is like a real freedom and excitement to have to do it, like you don't have a lot of time. Like I kind of like that feeling too, being like okay, gotta make a decision. Can't like waffle, like you know, you can't like try everything, so like this is it.
Speaker 3: I gotta like I gotta really play it. Yeah, you know this has to be.
Speaker 5: This has to matter because otherwise that's it and that's what they'll use.
Speaker 2: And you tend not to look back and be like I should have done that always Okay.
Speaker 5: I barely I hate watching myself, like I never like the monitors. A lot of people will want to go look at what they've done, and I'm like, if I start looking at it, I'll be looking at the wrong stuff.
Speaker 3: I would just like God and got those bags. Yeah yeah, yeah, I just couldn't.
Speaker 1: So I can't see yourself. And I mean what I mean is that's not like being like you can't see yourself. What I'm saying is like people, yes, and.
Speaker 5: Not especially with like Zoom and Marco Polo. I think people are getting crazy about their own appearance.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're a Marco polar person.
Speaker 3: I love I love I love it.
Speaker 5: I love it, especially when traveling and then you still stay connected.
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 2: You, love it.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: But the different voices, different different voices effects the people that I was like in Marco Polo with like have kind of fallen off and I kind of missed it. So we had a Marco Polo called kor Talk. This is early days of Quarantine Quarantine Core Talk. It was me, Joe Firestone, Josh Sharp, Cola Scola and then the four of us been checking every day and then we just like sort of fell off, like we need to bring back Marco Polio. It's visual voicemail. It's so easy. It's like you.
Speaker 5: Just have like four friends and we and my daughter sometimes since she always does like she'll sometimes do like a try on at a store, be like what about you? That's so helpful and it's so freaking cute.
Speaker 3: It's just I want to say, I mean, I want to save them.
Speaker 5: But that's kind of brilliant thing about it is that they're always there, but just for you, us us, Yeah, the owners of them are or whatever. Yeah, it's real private.
Speaker 2: Which I like, Yeah, you keep it together.
Speaker 3: I think we I just keep it in house.
Speaker 2: In house. I mean, you could just go back. I could just go back to March twenty twenty and like get a visual diary of like, well, like this is going to last. It's like crazy to think about it.
Speaker 5: It is so crazy to think about It's like intimate and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yes, the next thing we'll think about is the central question of this podcast. So this is the you know my segues.
Speaker 1: Over the years we've done this now for about eight and a half years, they're getting worse.
Speaker 2: No, that was amazing. You thought that was amazing. Amazing. I thought so.
Speaker 5: I mean, listen, I thought it was important to get to the question.
Speaker 2: And was amazing.
Speaker 3: Money it's time. Will Ferrell's out there with a stopwatch. Oh he really does.
Speaker 5: Okay, I want to talk about how long that until you got to the central question?
Speaker 2: Here's my notes boys.
Speaker 1: So we asked everybody that comes through here, what was the culture that made you say culture was for you? Meaning the pop culture that you can remember that you, Catherine Han now are like little Catherine Han then may have started becoming because of this.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, when I first heard that this was a question, I was going to say, Italy.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 3: I love the food, I love the I love the last.
Speaker 5: I love the air, the cheese, the bread, the disco, I just love it.
Speaker 3: I love the club.
Speaker 2: That's very but those are all wonderful, sumptuous things that I feel like you connect with.
Speaker 5: Italian things like a little pool in the middle of nowhere.
Speaker 2: That's an amazing answer. It want to change the end?
Speaker 5: Well, then I thought, oh, if it was yes, no, if I didn't, if I had to.
Speaker 2: If Italy wasn't even on the map, if.
Speaker 5: Italy didn't exist, perish the thought I would say.
Speaker 3: Then it was techno music.
Speaker 5: It was when I was introduced to be I don't know if you'd call b York, but b York New Order that all that kind of music was just like that was my again, my club hopping days, it was earlier, but that really moved me in ways that I did not feel before I was in a family of like there's a lot of classical music in Cleveland. There's a lot of hard dumb rock, not even rock here, just like it was just yeah, it's just shredding, just like a lot of like pour some sugar on mean, no fence.
Speaker 3: But you know it didn't really hit me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it wasn't for me totally.
Speaker 5: But there was something about this that like we could all like let our freak flags for like fly hit you from y Yeah, I felt Bjork's music and I just was like, who is this person?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I still that's that's.
Speaker 2: That's a narcic it's like uncaptured. Yeah, it's like it's just if you're talking about like general techno, it's just like the loop of it, right, just get lost in like the sound and.
Speaker 5: Also that beat can be so solid. Yeah, and a lot of techno but York. You know that she uses real stuff to make those I mean or whatever, Yeah, basketball bouncing around.
Speaker 3: She just is one in a gazillion.
Speaker 2: I love this and I don't think you've ever had anyone say York.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: A couple of years ago, I went to Coachella and B York was on the Coachella stage and she did an orchestral set and it was so funny because a lot of people were there for Byork and they I think they maybe thought they were getting like.
Speaker 2: This is like, but the people those who knew what she was going to be doing, Yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Was fully just her in a full orchestra and it was still as Byork as any other Byork, but just that she's an artist that can go up there and it's constantly surprised and.
Speaker 5: In that way, yes, that is that is we were having a debate, is like what pop star has been able to evolve and not kind of feel like they have to stay somewhere to get Cringey have the same wardrobe, the same kind of sound. She's someone that I feel like is constantly and I feel like Adele too, Like that is person that is going to keep growing.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean I saw this video of New York recently.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you've seen it, but it's just her on lava Rocks in Iceland in this little hut where she made that album life, what you.
Speaker 2: Are talking about a witch? That is, she's.
Speaker 3: Just conjuring brilliant shit. Yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: Sound favorite back album.
Speaker 5: Oh it's got to be the well I loved her from Sugar Cubes, which before I would say, actually, what's the one from the movie that she did?
Speaker 1: Oh, Dancer in the Dark. Yes, Love, I've seen it all is maybe one of the best of It.
Speaker 3: Makes me want to cry thinking about it.
Speaker 2: And that performance on the Oscars. I remember I was like seven or eight.
Speaker 3: I don't think I saw that.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is where she famously wore the Swan dress.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, of course she was on all those I remember she was on all the worst dress lists because people just didn't understand it.
Speaker 3: And then people mimicked it and it was like so dumb.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like the easy comedy of the yes, but obviously on face value, it's like very very American thing to like make fun of her for doing that, because again, like they wouldn't get it.
Speaker 2: Comedy of that time, like look at the stupid woman wearing a stupid thing.
Speaker 1: Dumb rock, dumb ships, like hard dumb rock, it's like hard dumb rock comedy like York Swan Dress.
Speaker 2: It's like, okay, I think.
Speaker 3: There's still poker stor like that, which is like you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they exist. I mean yes, But that was that that performance she was really acting on stage and like it was just this insane, beautiful moment. And I remember watching it at the time being like I don't get this at all because I was seven and from Long Island.
Speaker 1: But then like years later I started again and I was like, wow, this is truly art, Like she's like really living that.
Speaker 3: She there's my thing.
Speaker 5: My other favorite song is stone Milker and I don't know what albums on, but I want you guys to listen.
Speaker 2: Stone Milker is the the yellow one. I just know the color.
Speaker 3: Oh that's kind of amazing.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We're we really were dealing with sensory.
Speaker 5: But like it was all that music that I was just like, I just think that all of that blue my mind and really made me like I feel like these are my people.
Speaker 3: I don't know, there's something in it that was like felt.
Speaker 5: So I'd say that kind of shifted something for me that I didn't have to just exist in this like male, big, big sounding guitar. You know, dudes with I was gonna say dudes with tang chops on. But well, so you said that those Magic Johnson.
Speaker 3: I'm very surprised how Slender was.
Speaker 1: So I can't say this was his real jersey, but if it was, you're real his real jersey.
Speaker 3: This should be in a hard rock That should be in a plexi glass.
Speaker 2: Hey, the table of someone eating likest exactly.
Speaker 9: That should be in a planet Hollywood, and it'll be Matt Rogers's j Magic Johnson jersey, Magic Johnson's Lighter Days exactly.
Speaker 1: Have you I was just to speak on the techno thing a little bit more. Have you been to Berlin?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just came back from Berlin. Oh yeah, but we didn't get to do anything in that We were working.
Speaker 2: Are you busy?
Speaker 3: But I want to go do it? They're so bad.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're talking about Berghine. Well we're talking about the whole city. But I mean, are you trying to get into the burg hind But you're ahead, like you're a techno head like that, you get it? They would read you and they would sense it. They would sense it.
Speaker 5: I would want to Now I also heard stories of Berlin which are fascinating to me. They're like clubs with like grates that you can walk above it and just urated on the people bel Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that sounds like we have not been to the clubs ourselves.
Speaker 3: I just said, it is amazing to me.
Speaker 2: We were there really briefly Glory Hole.
Speaker 5: But like there're so there. That's what I love about hearing about Berlin is.
Speaker 2: It's just like lawless.
Speaker 5: Lawless, huh, I mean not what we were No. No, you're on a dance floor and a song comes on from that time. It just it really you can feel the energy in the room like it's different.
Speaker 3: It's just like there's there's such a quality to it too, because it's new.
Speaker 5: It's like brand new. Yeah, so I just love that sound or it's just like it's brand new. And it's also like I don't know if you guys agree with this, but it's like perfectly ephemeral. It's like whoever you meet on the dance floor is someone that you are going to connect with meaningfully, but like you may not ever see again. Yes, and that's okay, but and not in like a sexual or like no, it's just just on a spiritual level, like yeah.
Speaker 2: Connecting with you and like look like and then we'll just like, yeah, you're in a.
Speaker 3: Trip with that person. You're on my good trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ah beautiful.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: We gotta go again. We gotta go again, you gotta I gotta go again.
Speaker 3: But you know what I gotta do with a good couple of months.
Speaker 5: But on the other side, because huh mama, it takes longer for.
Speaker 3: Her to recover. I mean it, every single day gets harder.
Speaker 2: We're falling off a cliff personally.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, no, every day it's difficult to look in the mirror right off the bat.
Speaker 2: Right off the bat.
Speaker 1: Wonder here is really tough, especially when you realize it's like it's not like I didn't get no, Like.
Speaker 3: God, you guys are gorgeous, well so are.
Speaker 1: You, but like you can't see yourself. You can't until you can the morning after you've partied and you realize it's not that I didn't get enough of sleep, it's that there's just less collagen there than there used to be.
Speaker 5: And it's filled with Rose's. Oh yeah, one day I woke up and I was like, oh my god, I.
Speaker 2: Have like that.
Speaker 5: It was wad balls because one I had drooped so low, like my eyebrows were so opposite.
Speaker 3: It was really noticeable.
Speaker 2: Just like you.
Speaker 3: It really was like.
Speaker 2: It was Harvey. It was it was tooth theory on one side and exactly yea is the title?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, wait, hold on, I'm now compelled. I don't know why to ask you. If you love Disney, what's your favorite ride or attraction?
Speaker 3: Okay, my favorite ride, and.
Speaker 2: You're now a spokesperson for the company.
Speaker 3: Remember my mouse ears disappear on my head.
Speaker 5: My favorite ride is space Okay, would say Space Mountain, Space Mountain, the inside one.
Speaker 3: That has the trippiest music and all the lights.
Speaker 2: Space Mountain.
Speaker 3: I love that, and I love also.
Speaker 2: The it's a memory play go yecast.
Speaker 5: What's the one that's like al It's like an Alpine one horn. Not great for the neck anymore, but I really love it.
Speaker 2: That's really bad for the neck, Darling.
Speaker 5: You have to like press yourself against the back of it because I can't handle anymore.
Speaker 2: Those are both like I would say, like single file, like flu ask not flumes. There's no water, but it's like you're on. It's just like you're on. It's a bob sled. It's a slow one of the great, A sip of water, right, swallow down. I gotta hawk this slalom, not hawk the slalom.
Speaker 1: I absolutely love it. It was somehow Shakespeare when you said it, it was somehow gorgeous. You know how you know your old must full? You know you're old when you go on one. I'm going to six Flags on Friday.
Speaker 2: Oh that on one and your you feel like your stomach is in your shoulder. It's like suddenly a g force like is like, yes.
Speaker 5: Your brain is still three feet above your head, and you're like, you know what I need right now?
Speaker 3: A corn dog?
Speaker 2: Yeah, make it better, I said. The next day, after you go to Disney or any theme park, your stomach is a rock.
Speaker 5: Nothing's happening for days, and you just think to yourself like, yeah, come on, we're here, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Let's consume it all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're here. We might as well. Hey, I'm gonna have a true knock auro. True is a cat true true.
Speaker 5: Ju It's like a thing you give to cats that they love, a treat to get them from hiding out of the bed.
Speaker 3: My daughter's always like it's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is, but listen, do we even like Charles Let's give it a we're not having this conversation. Of course we do.
Speaker 3: I think we do. Len Sometimes it can be ship city, but when they're good, when.
Speaker 2: They're absolutely dousk. You know what I did have it does any one time? It was Turo with what's the cereal? My girl? That's the one with the no no, the rainbow one.
Speaker 4: Arms covered in loops that you could only get in like the darkest corner of the count Fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was.
Speaker 5: That's a sugar lick Like that feels like my mouth would be furry sugar.
Speaker 3: You don't want to get something so sweet.
Speaker 2: You're like, ah, yeah, now I'm different.
Speaker 5: Now I'm different, like I've grown hair on the inside of my mouth.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of sugar, you know what really hurt my feelings the other day I air it out finding out that a diet coke, which is now my new obsession on because we're trying to be drinking less because of the age of it all.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know me too. It's not as cute. It's hard, but it also feels so much better in your sleeps better.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay, but yes, that there's more caffeine than this than there is in cold brew? What really is what they said? Almost the person? We got people shaking their heads behind the camera. I think you're something.
Speaker 3: At this interview. Coke zero? What are you ibuis with regular a coke?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: I do love beor that makes me very happy.
Speaker 2: You You really did something there that was good. That was that was iconic comedy, that was really good.
Speaker 3: Respect.
Speaker 2: Respect. That's the yellow one. I got the color. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: From now on, if there's ever a moment where we are stumped, you have the permission as.
Speaker 2: A culture, everybody does. What do you think?
Speaker 1: So we have different subgroups of our of our fandom. Yes, you might be a finalist for that. That was finalist behavior.
Speaker 3: Any guess you have on is just not clicking.
Speaker 5: You could just say.
Speaker 2: So and then I will Yeah, this is bad. This isn't feeling good.
Speaker 3: You guys can have some secret hand gestures. Why not today?
Speaker 2: Why the helmet? Have we ever had a secret hand besties?
Speaker 5: I don't think we're do love it your besties four or fifteen years.
Speaker 3: You guys have fun that you get to do this together so fun.
Speaker 2: It doesn't deepend it or deepened oh, I did you know? I would say, like, because we've also spent a lot of time together this year, just even like outside of the it's like, you know, yeah, we're like you know, we're we're not just we get to.
Speaker 3: Go through this together, which is so exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, Like last night we saw I saw Stuffs on Broadway and there's just so many people in the cast, and not just Shane who created the shows, but that we went to school with, like our friend Kim blank Ada west Fall just to shout out some people and I literally went backstage and I just I just started sobbing because I was like as moved by what I had seen, but also we all had the same mentor. Her name was Liz Suados. She was like of like and we went but this woman was like a giant in downtown theater and was like a mentor to several of us. I just like felt her spirit there and how proud she.
Speaker 1: Was, and like, it's the only time I really get is when I not the only time, yeah no, but like one of the times I get really woo woo was when I feel like that mentor that we had that her spirit is in the room was so in the room. Oh gosh, do you have like a mentor that you can look back on that you feel?
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, for sure. A lot of amazing teachers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that you're just like, wow, I've still used some of the stuff that I.
Speaker 3: Learned from them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for sure. And then there's some teachers that you're like, wow, what what what happened there? Like what was that?
Speaker 2: Right? Like the problematic teachers, and you're like, what did you make me do?
Speaker 5: Yes, we had a teacher that was we would all have to find an animal and to kind of become that animal on stage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was a gibbon, of course. Yeah, I want to you with the long, long arms.
Speaker 5: And then a girl in my class, now a woman was a panther, and she wore a thong leotard over thong tights and which I guess.
Speaker 3: Panther like panther like.
Speaker 5: Certainly, this teacher used to keep being like, drop into your panther, Drop into your panther.
Speaker 3: And so then she would.
Speaker 5: Just be crawling around on the stage roaring, yeah, what's this song on?
Speaker 2: And you're like what was that about?
Speaker 3: I'm like, come on, none of us. You can't pull the wool over our eyes.
Speaker 2: No, no, you can't know. John Early is a story where he the first day of classics. There was one teacher, it doesn't matter who, but he goes. I think it teachers like an older man goes. I just want to say, if there are any journalists and if there's any press in the room, get out. Eighteen year old.
Speaker 3: Stop it.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, if there's any press in the room, please leave.
Speaker 1: And there's any press in the room, to get out the first day.
Speaker 2: Eighteen year old, It's insane, genius. There's also a couple of them from the Musical Theater Studio tell a story about like one day one of the dance teachers line them up and was like, several of you will get through on your looks. You you you kind of like just oh my god, brutal.
Speaker 5: When I went to four age camp, which was like this kind of farm camp in Ohio, my cousins lived, I was like the big city cousin up in Cleveland. They lived right on the border between Kentucky and Ohio and a small town called Waynesville, and I loved going there. It's like such a sweet, awesome haunted town. But it was called the second most haunted town in Ohio.
Speaker 3: I took that very to heart.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 3: I'm like, there is a documentary.
Speaker 1: That's like dropped out of gorgeous. This is where the world's oldest living Lutheran.
Speaker 2: Like what towns are known for, like the riff on that, like what a small town is like Mark.
Speaker 3: For seconds, I was Haunted town in Ohio.
Speaker 5: But anyway, we went to a camp forage camp and they the counselors had all the girls line up, put a sheet over our face or like this.
Speaker 3: To this, and they had legs competition. I was twelve years and my cousin was one. There was two two horrible memories about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the competition itself.
Speaker 5: And then she was like it's nothing, it's nothing, and I was like, no, I'm so happy for you.
Speaker 2: It's like you lose. And also there's someone who's doing that.
Speaker 5: I know, Like I forgot about that until afterwards. We were like, fucked up?
Speaker 3: Was that?
Speaker 2: Have you watched chim Crazy?
Speaker 3: I'm obsessed with chimp Crazy?
Speaker 2: Are you done with it? No?
Speaker 3: I haven't seen that.
Speaker 5: The only way Yeah, that's the last one. I have to wait till you get home because my family.
Speaker 2: Would it would kill you. Oh you're watching it all together. So you you've gone to the third episode where you, I know, you.
Speaker 3: Know the truth the truth, and they know the truth, but they haven't. Oh they just told people.
Speaker 2: They just told people. Can I ask spoiler alert, what's the truth? We can't tell you what the truth is because you you I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: You just need to watch.
Speaker 5: It's really interesting because it's a lot of women.
Speaker 2: It's these women who have this obsession with these monkeys. And it's like the Peter Lady says, it's like it's this phenomenon where it's usually women, almost always women who like adopt these monkeys as if they were their own child.
Speaker 5: Yes, they want because they can keep them as these like it's such control issues, like talk about mommy dead and it's really.
Speaker 3: Like they just diaper them all, sleep with them, walk. Yes, I think it is.
Speaker 5: And but then they turned six and it's like a wild animal, right correct.
Speaker 3: They're like like it starts to get dangerous.
Speaker 2: Your baby is ripping your face off.
Speaker 5: Suddenly your baby rips someone's face off and they have the first full human face transplant.
Speaker 2: I couldn't believe that. Oh my god, I was watching it over shoulder. Where were we coming from? Toronto, Toronto. We were up in Toronto when we were coming back, and it was just so funny because you're watching him crazy, and I was reading this book called Status and Culture, and I was like, if this isn't roll reversal like itsal because usually I'm like watching like Housewives and I was reading a book. This was a It was. It was great from each other's amazing.
Speaker 5: There's amazing articles about Travis. Travis was the trimp, the chimps in Connecticut. And Travis apparently was even given a xanax and his orange juice that morning because Mom knew something could be off.
Speaker 2: What Yes, I know, he was jumping.
Speaker 5: Around the house. She couldn't get a handle on him. She gave him, she had to slip him a xanax. Do you on the regular basis, but that day she was like, this is a Zandy day was.
Speaker 2: Did do you think that Zanny had anything to do with him now ripping off?
Speaker 5: I think that he really saw that Elmo doll and lost it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something about Almo. Yes, didn't start.
Speaker 3: Right, it did not sit right, and then he just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that Almo makes people freak the fuck out.
Speaker 5: Makes it makes me freak out. Although some kids love it.
Speaker 2: Well, always like kid's crazy. It was giving kids seizures and ship remember that, Yes, tickle, the most popular toy I think of all time was lethal. It would just shake and of course kids were gonna freak the fun out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, it's weird.
Speaker 2: You're a seizure doll.
Speaker 1: Yes, that you gave to your kids and said, yeah, everyone has this, and then they were like and like, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: You get overstimulated. It's like drinking ten of these.
Speaker 3: Do you remember that thing?
Speaker 5: I think it was in Japan, the Teletubbies where they had to pull it from the air because kids couldn't watch it with having like having another kids show. So something was going.
Speaker 2: There was something going on with kids programming and especially the culture across the board one hundred and three. Yeah, something going on with kids programming. As we're talking about theater, do you what was the last play you did or musical or something age?
Speaker 3: The last play I did was Boeing Boeing, which was.
Speaker 2: Here Wow on bad way, my God bowing bowing. Wait, Yeah, what are you going to do it again?
Speaker 5: You know, I gotta wait until my kids are out of the house, because it's not a mom job unless they're here, right, but I would never see them.
Speaker 1: So you are in La though, Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: I love La. Now it's less kicking and screaming. I had a storage unit in Brooklyn for so long, like way too long, and we finally had everything you hauled out here. And the ship that I saved that I thought was store like storage worthy.
Speaker 3: I had like I had like bags of tights holes in them. I had tights, Yeah I need my tights. And I had tights, tights and hose and then I had like a salad spinner.
Speaker 5: A bank gave me for opening up a savings account, you know how they used to give.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I'm holding on to this forever. I mean, it was disgusting what we say.
Speaker 2: It's it's crazy when you realize, like there was a time when I thought this was indispensable, like some like I think you and I are like this. I don't know, did you ever have as like a person doing theater along time, like a back of props, like a bag of your own promps, like so we just get the comedy to famously, But like back in the day, like I would have I would be the keeper of the props for our sketch group, and so I had everything. You wanted to be a doctor, I got it. I got you. If you want to be a lawyer, if you want to be a redhead, what length, what style do you want? I followed it.
Speaker 1: And so now it's like I don't have anything anymore because I gave them. I think I gave them all up. And I do feel a little like, no, no, my bag of props, because one thing I had for years was my endless bag of props.
Speaker 2: But it would just be sitting there. It would be like the salad spinner.
Speaker 5: It's like, but did you have one of those noise things where it would be like people clapping carts NonStop?
Speaker 3: Oh, horns going off?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean all of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know how many whistles I had from playing coaches? I'm made of whistles, babe, honey. It was almost like, I don't know why I had so many whistles. I had so many play you keep that ship because it's like and then oh, then I took the whistle and I put it on my keys. I was like, what if, what if, even if you're a man, even if anyone.
Speaker 3: Anybody have the whistle.
Speaker 2: But then like, but how do you feel about your kids stuff, like because because now you gotta like you're like, there's residue from like yes, the kids.
Speaker 5: Yes, well I know they used to think I was gaslight city because I would just throw shit away that to me was just a you know, a ball of tinfoil and they would be like where's it? Yes, And so I had to be like, Okay, they just need to It's hard for me though, because I like a clean space, but I just have to keep my space clean, just keep their doors closed.
Speaker 2: So did you have preteen children during the pandemic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it was hard. It was hard to start, and they both were kind of starting. My daughter was graduating like her elementary school, which is so hard in my like they had to drive through graduation. My son was in he was in middle school, which was sucked. So it was like I would go in and check on him and the like school screen was all every kid was in the darkest, like you couldn't see their faces because who wants to be like seen at that age intensely by your classmates.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Wow, I know it's a very depressing time to be a kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially it's kind of a depressing hard time anyway.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I know for anyone, I don't.
Speaker 2: Think anyone is the great version of themselves thirteen fourteen.
Speaker 5: Fifteen, No, but then to think that that's just in their bones like that that happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were so paranoid and scared for so long.
Speaker 1: Of course, I think that's why I really I like, I remember when Billie Eilish like really popped off. I was like I was looking at it like a millennial and being like, on face value, like I don't necessarily understand, But then you really think about it and you're like, of course, like and she's a genius, which I think when you didn't get when you first saw when she came out, she is a genius, yes, but the way she was speaking to like the people of her generation, you're like, of course that's like the person that they're going to look up to.
Speaker 2: The Smiths.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for that reason, it was like, ah, I wear black on the outside because black is what I feel.
Speaker 2: Like, Yeah, that's you latch Mors.
Speaker 5: You were yeah, yeah, but that was like that music also was kind of that dark energy of like that you needed to tap into as a kid. Like that, there's something that was like mm hmm, yeah, but I'm not alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're saying Smith's came to you as like a kid and like.
Speaker 5: That was like I mean I think same age, Like it was like around that awesome era of music is like it was such a beautiful Yeah, so it must have been like fourteen fifteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Techno and Morrissey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's really cool. Like the VMAs were last night. There'll be a week ago. Yeah, so they were last night.
Speaker 2: And what's cool about it is for the very first time in like a few years. I don't know if this speaks to whatever time we're in because it is obviously a very difficult political time, but there's a lot of really cool artists out right now. Again, I was at Coachella and I left that musical fessel being like music is in a really cool, good place. And then even watching that like very sort of like core Britain mainstream award show is like you watch it and you're like, there's like really cool artists across genre, yes, and it makes you feel like, you know, pop music is very queer right now.
Speaker 3: Yes, you know the way.
Speaker 1: That Chapel Roam like speaks to people is like incredible and music's amazing. Oh she's so great, but just like it makes you feel like kids are people that are forming now a musical identity are in good hands at least in that art form when it feels like film and TV is sometimes hard nowadays, Yes, music is feeling like it's in a good place.
Speaker 5: Pretty amazing though, Like my daughter who's fifteen, but like even starting at thirteen, like she would correct me like she she knows so much more than I did, or that I like she's in terms of like speaking gender speaking like she it's pretty amazing.
Speaker 2: It's not that you didn't have that background either, because just Catholic school. Well I'm saying like just in terms of like the projects you've been on where it's like, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, definitely, but like I didn't.
Speaker 5: I would always be like, hey, guys, hey guys, like that's what I had with you, guys, come on. And she was and she likes, I'm not as like strict as her in this department, but she's like, don't say guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, sure, y'all. Folks both feel like specifically regional in a way that I that I canot describe to you personally because I'm like, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all kind of started flying out of my mouth because of my exposure to Kelly Clarkson on the television.
Speaker 2: So being twelve and thirteen years.
Speaker 1: Old and being like y'all, y'all, y'all. I was saying y'all at school and they were like, why are you doing that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, I don't know, and they were like, I bet it's because he likes Kelly Clarkson gay, and I was just like, ah, they connected the dots.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, middle school bullies can find your weakness and and just easier than anyone else.
Speaker 2: Just have nothing on middle school kids tacking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're they're vicious.
Speaker 5: They are.
Speaker 3: It's not especially the girls, but oh the girls, I know, mean some of them. Some of them are sweethearts.
Speaker 1: We were saying the other day, like we were talking about Regina or like the character Regina Georgia and how iconic like Rachel McAdams is doing it. But unfortunately she did it so well that it did make gave a model for people. Yeah, you know what I mean, she picked up a lot from that.
Speaker 2: Ye, like the way she was mean and it was so cool and funny and influential, like, oh my god, I love that. It's like that, I love that. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 3: I love that for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's like it's there's something so dark underneath that.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, and you would be like thanks, because cool, But then inside you're like, I why do I feel like ship violated? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I like it that bracelet? Where did you get it? Oh?
Speaker 3: Just you know Claire's that's really cool.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Like it's just kind of like that, You're like, let me think we feel like I was just like talk about spells.
Speaker 3: Now I won't stop thinking about it.
Speaker 2: The true witches, the true witch yol middle school. I think it's I don't think so.
Speaker 1: So we are going to do our segment here where we take sixty seconds to truly rail against something in culture that needs a railing. I have something, and I feel it's something in the culture we haven't yet spoken on.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, and I used to feel complicated about it, and now I feel definitive about it, really really important. This is not rounders. I don't think so many time starts now, I don't think so. Honey. The discourse around the screen after you buy something that says to tip Guys, if you don't want to tip because you bought a water bottle, just hit zero percent. I am not behind you in the line judging you for anything unless the person has done a service where they deserve to be tipped. I personally always hit tip because I was in the service industry for ten years. I think about the pandemic when people did not have those jobs for one and a half to three years. Depending I do that, I tip thirty. That doesn't mean I think I'm fucking better than you. And this discourse around well, they shouldn't have the screen that ask for tip because I feel bad. What if someone's looking over my shoulder.
Speaker 1: My god, that is so much more embarrassing talking about that and about how well I shouldn't have to tip. Second, then it would be for me to be behind you and see that you didn't tip. It is so much more humiliating to talk about how upset you are that you're being asked to tip someone. And they discussed this on the America's Biggest horror podcast, The Daily, and I hate it every second of it.
Speaker 2: About Sabrina. It's having easy. Don't tip if you don't want.
Speaker 5: To till now, why was that a big deal because people feel like they're being like manipululated.
Speaker 1: But I have to tell you, when you're being asked a question, would you like to tip or not, that's not manipulation. You have a question, and it's an opportunity for you to give gratuity to someone who probably is making a lot less than.
Speaker 5: You hate because didn't the pay go down, like they actually actually need tips to supplement their It's like gallery.
Speaker 1: Well, there was this whole episode of The Daily that I listened to and I was shaking my head the whole time because I realized that not everyone. If you really don't work in the service industry, you actually don't know. So let me just say if you're unsure of it, like service workers make their money on tips, like that is just period. So if you're going into a restaurant and you're thinking like, oh, well, my coke was late or my this was a little bit too cold or whatever, the fuck. If you're like I'm not gonna tip, you are contributing to that person just not making money. So if that's gonna sit well in your spirit, like I'm not tipping because of this, Like fine, whatever, whatever.
Speaker 2: What makes you sleep at night? But that's totally different than this thing with the screen. Yeah, because it's like.
Speaker 1: It's not I swear to god, I don't. I don't know how you guys feel, or anyone feels. I'm never behind someone when they buy a salad at Fresh and pot and looking and being like, well, are you gonna tip? That's not something like no, if you want to, great if you don't, I'm not upset with you. I'm not gonna tap you on the shoulder and be like, hey, I thought that was really lame. But it's in your own head. Talk to your therapist about it, don't talk to.
Speaker 2: Me about it. It's really simple, actually, because it's just the convergence of two things, which is one like tipping as part of transactional things in our society, and then the other thing is like now we have like we media everything through a screen and so like you're just gonna be asked do you want to tip? And that's okay. No, one's it's literally no gun to your head, right, and people act like there is and I think it's this. It's it just it's it speaks to something else, which is that that person on the other end. It's a little bit telling on yourself.
Speaker 1: It is because you're like, well, what, they didn't do anything to deserve that. It's like, first of all, who were you to decide what they do and do not deserve to begin with? And also it wasn't like the person asked you, like would you like to tip me? It's a thing on the screen.
Speaker 2: I just don't like it.
Speaker 1: It feels very elitist to me and superior and also primarily extremely uncool. Yes, to be like really in the weeds about like this thing on the screen, it's like just hit zero percent or hit no.
Speaker 3: Yes, just do that.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's a good that is a good one.
Speaker 2: We got to the bottom of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah we did. We decided, Okay, no, we decided.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So this is Bowen Yang's. I don't think so, honey. I have a weird one. I think it's important. Okay, it's important.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is Bowen Yang's weird but important. I don't think so, honey. As time starts now.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Any glass like if it breaks, like that's bad, so bad, and like it is like like I'm looking at a window right now, like anyone could just break that open and like hurt someone or hurt themselves, Like should everything be looseight? Now I'm thinking like should we Surely there is something cost effective, environmentally not terrible that it can be glass that is not shatterable unless there is some emergency protocol thing. But do you agree with me? Right? Like, we don't have no need for glass in the way that we used to unless there's like an artful aspect to it, like there's a medium, like you're blowing it and you're making a beautiful vase, then it's excitable. That's acceptable. But if it's a window, or if it's like a drink, if it's drinkware, if it's stemware, I think that's scary. I think about Kill Bill volume one, when Vivia Fox is being her daughter to not walk in the living room because she might cut herself. I think about that all the time, Like you can cut yourself.
Speaker 1: And that's one minute, to say nothing of the insane, very jarring sound of glass breaking.
Speaker 3: Oh, really scary, scary.
Speaker 5: I know it was like if someone forgot they could just walk through this wall.
Speaker 2: It can be so painful.
Speaker 3: It is painful.
Speaker 5: I do at the store of the Row because it's that's fancy location in La and the glass is so clean, the glasses so clean, and it's so thick, and I couldn't buy any Everything was so fucking crazy expensive.
Speaker 3: I love their clothes, but it's so expensive. And as I was, I tried to leave it like a joke, like because I.
Speaker 5: Wasted everybody's time, Like I was like trying to get out there, like, well, I'm not buying anything.
Speaker 3: I tried on, but you know whatever.
Speaker 7: So I was like so, and then it was so hard that they had to take me, sit me down, offer me water in the glass.
Speaker 3: It was a tray, a glass tray it.
Speaker 7: Was, but it was a tray with a glass on it.
Speaker 3: Enemy And then I was like, no, I it down and I cut my finger.
Speaker 5: No it was and then it was a glass bottle of water, and I really enjoyed it while they were looking at my nose trying to make sure I didn't break it, and I was like, I don't know if I did or not.
Speaker 3: It's just what it is.
Speaker 2: Also, you are you superstitious? Yes? Why you know what happens if you break a mirror? Of course, what seven years of bad luck? I'm very superstious.
Speaker 3: That was about hats or shoes on the bed.
Speaker 2: That's also really bad. In fact, I.
Speaker 3: Feel I do it all the time. I'm like, I shouldn't have done that.
Speaker 1: God, No, you shoes have to be on the ground at all times. If shoes were ever put on a table or something higher off the ground, yes, that's really bad luck. My mother did this to me.
Speaker 3: I can't mind too. And hats on the bed.
Speaker 2: I never heard hats on the bed.
Speaker 1: I do you know what I can't do ever, if I sleep with socks on. When they were when I was a kid, they told me that if you sleep with socks on, the boogeyman will come out of the clossett.
Speaker 2: So now to this day, I don't do it.
Speaker 5: That feels like an agenda by your parents is very random, right, Why didn't.
Speaker 3: They want you wear socks?
Speaker 2: I think what it was was my mom's like demon brother. When she was younger, my uncle told her like, you wear your socks like the boman is gonna come out. I terrified her, And then she told me that when I was a kid, not prescriptively, just like this is what my uncle. Your uncle told me. And then I was like, well, now I can't do it.
Speaker 1: Walking under a ladder it's a huge no walking under a ladder.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're right. There's also well I wouldn't say black cat.
Speaker 2: Oh no, black cats. I go the other way. I don't that.
Speaker 5: Black least adopted animals in a shelter because everyone thinks the same, because they are which is familiar.
Speaker 3: But you know what, they are.
Speaker 1: Adorable, they're wonderful, They're just the same someone else.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: It's too scared to even be like, I just I can't.
Speaker 2: It's at this point it's all believe path. It's a core belief.
Speaker 3: Then you're like, I'm done.
Speaker 2: No, I will go the other way. I will inconvenience myself. I'm not kidding. It's like it's it's a thing. Okay, you're not you're not. Well. My favorite line ever, I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious from the office. You're a little stish. I'm a little stitious, little.
Speaker 5: Nova scotious dishes.
Speaker 2: Did you say a nova scoti No?
Speaker 3: Oh, I always say that for like a little bit major laser.
Speaker 2: Major. We say that's major laser like the artists like.
Speaker 3: Diplow and yes, yes, fantastic, fantastic.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're under the impression that you have, you have something.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's been I feel like it's it's.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is Catherine Hans. I don't think so, honey. Okay, it starts now, honeys.
Speaker 5: I don't think that anyone under the age of twenty five needs to get a butt implant.
Speaker 3: Oh, I just don't think so.
Speaker 5: I think if you are blessed enough to have a long, long life, no one really knows where they're gonna fall. Yeah, the upkeep they're gonna need for that butt, yeah, they're also just who knows if that it is a fad. We don't know if everybody's gonna need an ass that big for. You know, things come and go, right, the images of what a person is supposed to look like come and go.
Speaker 3: We remember Kate Moss.
Speaker 5: That could be a thing again, and she did not have a bubble but beyond bubble butts. And also I feel like you can tell now, I mean you obviously can tell, but I think you can't. Okay, But I do feel like because that is also the anyway.
Speaker 2: That's all okay, honey, honey.
Speaker 5: I think also because that only leads that opens the door to more. And and you're so young, and and then the cheeks and everything like it just becomes a like money cipher. You save that money, honey, save it until.
Speaker 3: You feel like you really need it and you're.
Speaker 5: Like fully formed, Like there you're still a zygot. Oh my god, yes, every day I.
Speaker 3: Love that word. I don't I might have a.
Speaker 2: Blast when is Lastela is like the first of the first. When it starts to grow a bit, last La is like pree ze. I go out almost Oh god, I love it gets fertilized, and then Blastela. I think, oh.
Speaker 3: My god, we were all blastula.
Speaker 2: We were all blasterlas at one point.
Speaker 5: You know, Oh my god, I did not. I have some things I need you to diagnose. I thought I had a blast on my own. Maybe you're going to have to check it.
Speaker 2: I'll check for any blasterlas on so.
Speaker 3: Honey, I think, so are observing?
Speaker 2: I have some questions. Are you observing that people under twenty five are getting the surgery? Yes? Really? Okay, damn, I'm not paying attention.
Speaker 5: I second of maybe that's regional though, No, no, no, it definitely yeah, I think I mean, yeah, I haven't seen it here.
Speaker 2: It literally is upkeep because you got to keep it up.
Speaker 3: You have to keep it up.
Speaker 5: I'm like, do they have like a sling that they wear to keep it up at night?
Speaker 3: What's crazy is it's like a girdle.
Speaker 2: For your Now they can you and do the injections in it too. It's like it's the BB what's that?
Speaker 3: But oh right?
Speaker 2: And also it's it's like when you're that age, like you still have like a high and tight ass, like you don't need I know, you.
Speaker 5: Still have access to the class and staying healthy. I think there's like a there's like a weird like I don't have to do anything now.
Speaker 3: But then it's like.
Speaker 2: That's what what's that teaching you? What's like you know, you're just gonna find the shortcut to everything.
Speaker 5: Everything, and then you'll go on a zembic and then it'll just be an ass walking around. Yeah, ass and teeth and you can tell I can't because they are and so I mean I think if they're good, I would know, But if they're not, it's so absurd. It's like it's like Jessica Rabbit, you know what I mean, You're just like it's like intense.
Speaker 1: If you say anything has like collagen in it, it's like earlier when I said what it left here, I'm like, well, I have I need.
Speaker 3: But have you seen their like blood one?
Speaker 2: Wait? Wait, not one, because now Belahadid has one.
Speaker 5: No, this is a special doctor one who literally is like it's like a heart, you know, blood.
Speaker 3: Of a cow, you know, like bone marrow. You gotta look it up. And then they already they like make it into a smoothie.
Speaker 5: And you're like, oh yeah, blood, blood and organs.
Speaker 2: Blood and organs. This must be good.
Speaker 3: Nothing like blood and organs smooth.
Speaker 5: And a hot day just after a long uber drive.
Speaker 2: And you know, I have to say, speaking of today's a hot day. We need some relief. We all touched. We reached Nirana today. You feel like, I'm like coven was completed today.
Speaker 3: This is a coven right here that I felt like I got to one.
Speaker 2: Also, look what we're doing.
Speaker 5: Then we go there, Oh yeah, I'm sorry my my diamond ring that's not mine.
Speaker 3: No, it's got a couple of diamonds. Thanks.
Speaker 2: What are you doing the rest of the day? You going to this show later?
Speaker 3: I'm going to show later. And now I have a little then yeah, oh and I'm doing Seth Myers.
Speaker 2: I will yeah. Yeah, yeah, he's a peach.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I totally.
Speaker 2: Will No, we love him. He's the best in the biz.
Speaker 3: He's so sweetie. Yeah yeah, yeah, you're going there.
Speaker 2: You're going there now. I'm gonna go there now. No no, no, no, no no, don't worry about me. I have to go and and just hold up in an office, just like get on a zoom. It's not that cheap stuff.
Speaker 3: Wait are we in thirty roue? No, I don't know what the fuck is happening? But who am I?
Speaker 2: Who are you?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: And here you are is the fucking best and the start of which, by the way, I'll say again, is so much fun.
Speaker 2: Congratulations on it, because.
Speaker 1: But the bar had to be high because everyone loved WandaVision so much and just know that like all the joy and all the like.
Speaker 2: Fun and intrigue and suspense. I can't wait. I'm gonna go back and watch it because we have four, so I'm gonna watch the next two and then be so annoyed when I ruined it for myself because then they don't the.
Speaker 3: Fifth weeks later. But it's worth it.
Speaker 1: Feels like an amazing sequel to WandaVision in a way, but yeah.
Speaker 5: It completely Yeah, but like as it's the same writer who's incredible.
Speaker 2: Jack Schaeffer. Yeah, amazing that brain. It's so clear your number one of the call sheet and that you've like made this such a special project for everybody. No, I'm just saying that is a huge important thing and thank you so much for being are you guys?
Speaker 3: I was so looking forward to this and it disappointed.
Speaker 2: We bring him we're gonna last one minute. Well that sucks anyway, Disney plus everybody, and we end every episode with a song. I guess it's been a long.
Speaker 3: You guys. Also, that was beautiful and your.
Speaker 2: Voice really cut the camera.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Last Culture Racis is the production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and My Heart Radio podcasts.
Speaker 1: Created and hosted by Matt Rogers and Bowen Yang. Executive produced by Ana Hasnier and Hans Sni, produced by Becker Ramos, edited mixed by Doug Baby beneath the board.
Speaker 2: And our music is by Henry Kburski. Hey it's Madigan.
Speaker 1: Just a reminder to get your tickets to the Prince of Christmas tour on sale Friday, September twentieth. Check out the link in my bio of my Instagram at Matt Rogers though, or head over to Matt rob official dot com for tickets. Also, if it's September eighteenth where you are Wednesday, September eighteenth, you can go right now to use the pre sale code rum pum pum ticket tickets for artists.
Speaker 2: Pre sale yay