Speaker 1: Are you leaving?
Speaker 2: I you wanna way back home?
Speaker 3: Either way, we want to be there, doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and they turmino and gay.
Speaker 1: We want to send you off instid.
Speaker 2: Do wanna welcome you back home?
Speaker 1: Tell us all about it?
Speaker 4: We scared her?
Speaker 2: Was it fine?
Speaker 5: Malborn? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 4: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 5: Ride with Karen and Chris? I think welcome to Do you need a ride?
Speaker 4: This is Chris Fairbanks, This is Karen Kilgariff.
Speaker 5: We are I'm just making sure I'm on the ones and twos, adjusting the levels. We're back. This is Do you need a ride?
Speaker 2: I already said that we're back after what three months hiatus?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've been busy.
Speaker 4: We've been doing lots of things.
Speaker 5: So get off our backs. I mean, first of.
Speaker 2: All, first of all, we love that you're on our backs.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, stay out, fuck off, get off it. Seriously, I'm glad you're here. Now, hop off.
Speaker 2: You know what I was yelling to myself the other day in the kitchen, keep it loose. I don't remember where we were, but you remember you started yelling keep it loose. I think I don't know if it was before, if it was a comedy festival, it may have been kind of a Bridgetown thing. But we just started yelling keep it loose at each other.
Speaker 5: Was this maybe, oh okay, now it is. Yeah, I remember to keep it loose, back and forth.
Speaker 2: I just like it as a concept. It's keep it loose. It's really good advice.
Speaker 5: Like loosey goosey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like don't tighten up, don't fucking stress out, just keep it loose, right. I think we were talking about for our sets, but then it really applies.
Speaker 5: It really is. When I'm barring anyone doing their art, it's because they don't seem to care about it while they're doing it.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: So you got to keep it loose.
Speaker 4: You got to keep it loose.
Speaker 2: And even if everyone actually does care about it and is pretending they don't, but the whole idea is to do it as if you don't.
Speaker 5: I feel like I was raised and my mom was always like very tense, you know, and was not loosey goosey. Mm hmmm, And so I think comedy is good for me. Because it makes me be that way. I wonder if I didn't do it, I'd probably be in a bank with my jiggling my leg being nervous.
Speaker 2: What if you were, I'd work in a bank, for sure.
Speaker 5: That's the only other option.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 2: I like to see you on the stock market ringing that bell at nine am, or whyever they ring that bell.
Speaker 5: Once you ring it though, you know you gotta wave a napkin and scream.
Speaker 2: That's your alternate life. This is your sliding doors. Chris fairbanks you the only other place you could have gone is finance.
Speaker 5: I guess on the corner there there was a Chase Bank. It's really the only reason I said bank. Although I am interested in money, are you? I have an interest in it? Usually once a month I get very interested in it around the.
Speaker 2: First yes and how much there is or is not?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Hell yeah.
Speaker 5: That's That's about as deep as I get into the finance game.
Speaker 4: I feel like I have any Do you have any? Can you double it or quadriple it? You're always asking that, Ques, I.
Speaker 5: Love to quadriple you know what. I'm sorry, Sorry, everyone's I'd mess up words all the time, and you don't jump on my back and then jump right off. I would every time I'd like, I've that there's a perfect example. I would like just to start to say something when I live would dig and then she'd just go, oh, did you start start to say something? And I'm like, God, damn it, I'm just talking. But now I remember it fondly.
Speaker 4: Now you could sue her.
Speaker 2: How that was sweat.
Speaker 5: So many reasons. What you just heard was porcelain onto my ivories. I just may have chipped my tooth with a mug.
Speaker 2: But it really did make a gLing sound that I appreciate you took the hit. You were making the sacrifice. I got to enjoy a glean off. Your tooth really hurt. It was very red and stumpy. God, you know that's how I ch both my front teeth. My front teeth stick out and kind of go upward in a way that doesn't make sense.
Speaker 5: I've never noticed that.
Speaker 4: It's the shame of my existence.
Speaker 5: But I've never had you in the chair. You just didn't know. I've been a dentist this whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the banking dentist. So many yellow suspenders. But the way I did it was both times in the same where you just glinged your teeth with a coffee cup.
Speaker 4: I broke out.
Speaker 2: My two front teeth with beer bottles at two different parties.
Speaker 5: Wow, yeah, how a gret? What were you doing when you it's just bringing it up to your face while laughing or something.
Speaker 2: The first time it was my friend Patty Leoni and I were fighting over who could sing into the microphone, which was a beer bottle during I think it was a scorpion song at our Tahoe trip.
Speaker 4: Our senior trip in Tahoe, Okay.
Speaker 2: And we were very drunk and she we were fighting, we were pulling, we were both pulling as beer bottle as hard as we could, and then she just let go, Oh fuck and fucking I just broke my tooth in the drunkest drunk girl way possible.
Speaker 5: Oh, the drunkest drunk boy way. Not that I mean anyone could have done this, no matter your genitals. My friend Casey Marks, we were in the desert. I can't remember why and why there was a gun. I've never even held a I've held one.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you've held them to decide you don't like it, just to go.
Speaker 5: And to get to sleep. And but he tried to shoot a shotgun with one hand like it was a pistol, and I was like, oh, that's not gonna And it came up and hit it dumb and dummered his front teeth to where they were. It chipped the middle in between the both the front, but it was a perfect round the shape of a barrel. Oh like you know what I mean, the.
Speaker 4: Roundness that makes me love him.
Speaker 5: And he kept it that way for what Yeah. Now he's a school teacher. He teaches like kids and none of them know, none of them know he did that, or that he was a pro snowboarder. He was like a big time pro snowboarder. And I would think that would be the first thing you'd do if you were a teacher with a bunch of scary kids judging you, is hang up a poster of you jumping off a cliff on your snowboard, because they'd all be like, oh, you're cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But he knows that kids they simply won't be simply because you want them to do that, so they won't.
Speaker 5: I think he said he said something like that. He's like, they would smell the desperation of me hanging up that poster, and it would have made things harder for me. So instead I just act like a guy that could get mad at any moment.
Speaker 4: Yes, and oh that's good. He's short fused teacher. Yeah yeah, smart.
Speaker 5: Sure. Oh I've seen him take punches and give them a children. No, no, but when we were children, that was children. Everyone Everyone punched children when I was a kid because they were children.
Speaker 2: Sure, who cares? They can't do anything. They don't have legal representation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the first thing I asked when I put up my dukes. Do you have a lawyer?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Answer me.
Speaker 5: Here's the two questions, question one and I'm holding up my fists. You can't see that. How are you? How was Australia again?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good? It was.
Speaker 2: We have the best time. It was a whirlwind ten day trip. We did live shows. They were great.
Speaker 4: The people were very nice.
Speaker 2: It's a cool city that doesn't make food with preservatives.
Speaker 4: I mean it's a cool country, not city.
Speaker 5: Sure, sure, and continent did they did? They did? They really have like organic food all the time.
Speaker 4: It's all organic.
Speaker 2: Like the food is a bit it's delicious, but in general for an American palette, it's a bit bland because they don't don't have everything jammed with salt and preservatives and sugar, so like we would laugh about I love ordering room service breakfast. I know we've talked about me and hotel rooms a million times, but sure, I love a room service breakfast. I love to order like three pots of coffee and some fuck and toast.
Speaker 4: Are you listening to this? And it's good shit? But they're butter.
Speaker 2: You would open the package of butter and it was like dark yellow to orange because it's dairy fresh butter. Oh wow, and everything's like that and it's just good for you. My skin cleared up. Great things were having.
Speaker 5: Have you seen this? What the health movie that I've been avoiding watching, but I want to see to try and make some changes.
Speaker 2: I've heard about it, but I've also also heard already counter arguments about it. Oh okay, So I don't know what to think, and therefore I'm just going to keep eating Baja Fresh.
Speaker 5: I think we all know, though, that we should just be eating things where you you know where it comes from. It's expensive and difficult, and then it's like, well, every meal is going to be a chore and a mission every day, Yes, but it's easy to do it. If you're a lonely one person lonely? Oh why I just threw that. It's easy to do if you're on the verge of I.
Speaker 2: Mean, everything's easier when you're lonely. Could you have this burning desire to be around anyone?
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, if you had like three kids that you had to feed, it's like, well, we don't have time for all of you. That's being organic twelve times in a day.
Speaker 4: But here's the thing. You can also be lonely with children.
Speaker 2: That's the saddest kind of a loneeness is when you're surrounded by friends and family and people who love you, and you still you're just totally isolated.
Speaker 5: That kind of cheers me up because I've been thinking that I'm sad. I've been just coming up to children and I'm like, you're I should have one of you. That's not really the conversation we have, but I really like there's a I went to a boxing party last night and there's a sweet little girl and she was just walking around giving everyone chips and like serving people.
Speaker 4: She was twenty five, she was just a cute.
Speaker 5: No, she was three.
Speaker 4: I think who's boxing party?
Speaker 5: Oh? It was my roommate's hair cutter. No, okay, but it was a bunch of young adults with kids, and I'm like, gosh, shit, am I supposed to have one of these? But I just realized I could be unhappy and then have a kid. Oh no, then I'm really in trouble.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then you feel then you're unhappy, and you feel guilty because you're making other people unhappy.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And I don't know why that kid was serving everyone. Maybe either she's playing a game in her head called restaurant or she's like, oh, I have to Everyone is drunk and they're watching boxing. I have to just occupy my brain because this is too much, and I have to give chips away.
Speaker 2: She wants everyone to sober up, like it's what you get in the forties, they would give drunks cups of coffee.
Speaker 5: And that's no. A three year old little girl shouldn't have to deal with a bunch of andy a room full of andy caps.
Speaker 2: That's such an emotional burden for her as a child.
Speaker 5: That's too much. I got a sober these people up, we're all going to crash and die.
Speaker 4: I'm they're going to kill me.
Speaker 2: I've just been here for three years on the planet.
Speaker 5: That guy couldn't be more Canadian. First of all, it's a shirt that says Canada. And then he just seems very athletic, and he has a fanny pack and.
Speaker 4: He was like Geddy Lee's hot older brother.
Speaker 5: Oh, and now he's just launched into a sprint.
Speaker 4: Wow, he's an urban marathoner.
Speaker 5: He's probably doesn't like that he's breathing in this freeway dust, but he's still gonna get his cardio.
Speaker 2: I feel bad for a Canadian jogging in Los Angeles me too.
Speaker 5: That's sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those poor people coming here to this goddamn dust bowl garbage can only.
Speaker 5: To be deported the minute they get a job. My point is that's that I needed a job.
Speaker 2: I mean he Oh, it's Emmy's speaking of that. It's Emmy's Sunday speaking a job. Oh, today's today's the Emmys.
Speaker 5: Oh, I thought it happened days ago. I'm thinking of fashion. We Ah, it's hard to confuse all these reasons I have these toxedos.
Speaker 4: It's hard to confuse them.
Speaker 5: Are you going to the Emmys?
Speaker 4: Fuck?
Speaker 5: No, you don't care about that shit.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm like, oh God, more than anything I want to go. I'm really I'm really deep and not about earthly this earthly plane. But I also need, I feel the need to prequalify what I'm about to say because I just think award shows are so fucking lame. And I know that's very nineties Kirk Cobaine of me, and I cop to it, but I just when people get excited about being nominated or winning Emmys, I lose all respect for them entirely, and I never want to talk to them again.
Speaker 4: That's how I honestly feel.
Speaker 5: One of my favorite, uh Twitter people is Pat Sage. I don't know why he's funny, but he is. And he said, I hope there's some awards given out tonight in between all the political speeches. He worded it better. I don't know. It's just an old kind of conservative game show fart. And he's got jokes. He's got you know what Pat say, Jack's.
Speaker 4: Funny, Karen, that's fine.
Speaker 2: If Tom Arnold you can save them Arnold, it doesn't mean they're so.
Speaker 5: He Really, I really think you should pay attention to Pat Sajak.
Speaker 2: He's a crazy Republican, is he Yeah, He's like a fighty Republican.
Speaker 5: Okay, I haven't seen any of that, but I did get a hint of it, but it was there will be a bunch of people that don't, that are trying hard not to be self congratulatory, and so I think that they will be. Tonight, the speeches accepting awards will be about hurricanes and races. I think so, even if even if the show wasn't, yeah, I think everyone's like, oh, I want to do like that guy from Stranger Things, Yeah, get some get some stuff off my chest, or well, Jim Carrey did it the other day at Fashion make He's like, this is stupid. It's we're we're nothing, We're all floating, and oh yeah, I like that, Yeah I do. I did want to like it, but for some reason sometimes he annoys me. But I've liked his recent paintings.
Speaker 2: I like the message of like, we are me too. It's fun me too. It's a good thing to hear. But also I think these days things are so our president is a fucking lunatic criminal, Like people have to be saying things because I mean, I hear what you're saying. It can't be irritating. But I do like it. It makes me go. Yeah, think when people acknowledge how bad it has gotten, and you know, the idea that we live in a in a world where Nazis feel comfortable to exist is bullshit and bullshit.
Speaker 5: And for a while I was like, I'm like, I don't even want to talk about Donald Trump. I want to say his name. It's too bad. Because it's happening, we all have to be talking about it all the time, even if we're all sick of it. It should be talked about. So good. I hope good. Fuck you Pat's saga.
Speaker 2: That's where I worked when I worked on baskets. It's over now, but I love that building so much.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah it is. It's all Frank Lloyd, righty.
Speaker 2: You know what it is. That's brutalist architecture. Ask me anything. I don't know anything about.
Speaker 5: Have you seen that building? And I don't know where it is? Where it actually looks like a backet, a basket, a pick and a basket.
Speaker 4: Where is it?
Speaker 5: I wish that's where you rode basket. I don't know. I think it's I think it's in. I don't know where it is. It's someone if someone knows, let me no direct message to me where's the basket building? Uh, it looks like, Oh I hate it when you see cars that got run into.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, stressful.
Speaker 5: Oh that tow truck's taken care of it. The sights and sounds of the streets of la or just the sounds about the.
Speaker 2: Sites, the sounds of crunching cars. Woh, that's a nice lexus.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I kind of like yours.
Speaker 4: Do you like this one better?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 5: I always that I know what you were fishing for, is yeah.
Speaker 2: You, but you had best serve it up then if I'm fishing, well, it's just.
Speaker 5: Kind of a big There should be soccer balls in the back wind Ooh, I didn't see the side of it. It is nicer. Well that didn't probably make you feel better, there is I did. I've been looking at cars lately and I'm I want to get my Honda's paid off.
Speaker 4: Is it really?
Speaker 5: Yeah? That freeze up? Some might as well replace it with a new payment.
Speaker 4: I mean you can handle it, yeah, and then some.
Speaker 5: Well not really. I got to pay for this hip of mine that's kind of like minor car.
Speaker 2: That fucking thing. Yeah, it is like you have a new car, but the inside.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in it in it. I paid for my car right around the time I got this thing in stuff.
Speaker 2: So you know you were saying earlier that suddenly you're into dogs now I am.
Speaker 5: And yeah, it's the same as the kids thing. When I see a kid, I'm like, hey buddy, and when I see a dog, I'm like hey buddy. I treat them the same.
Speaker 2: Do you think that I think, oh, Coirkies, I think the side. I want to go to Quirkys more in my life. That's just something I'm going to do in twenty seventeen I have time. But I was going to say, do you think that those things coincided with you getting your hip hopplace? And I just love the idea that you are not in constant pain anymore.
Speaker 4: It's so much better.
Speaker 5: It was grumpy often, and I knew that's why, but I got tired of bringing it up all the time, like this whole.
Speaker 4: Well, it's just it's such a bad quality of life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like having a little Donald Trump in your body. It's like, I'm not going to mention this, but yeah I'm not, but I feel happier. And then also just having your leg torn off and put back on, it's I mean people go through much worse things, of course, but it does make you think about mortality and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you're it also makes me think about people who get their leg torn off without medical supervision.
Speaker 4: Right right happen?
Speaker 5: I mean, it would have been terrible if my leg was in the position it was without eight men in there that knew what they were doing, you know, wearing goggles and blood all over them. I watched, I told you I watched the video.
Speaker 4: Yes, and you're such a mistake.
Speaker 5: But I don't know now. Really it made me scared, but you know, you should be scared. And then later on afterwards, the payot, the knowing what I'd gone through and knowing how scary it was, and knowing that it's important for me to do this rehab. And so if I didn't watched that video, maybe I wouldn't go to these emasculating bar methic classes trying to you know, Oh that guy fell in a bike.
Speaker 4: Oh he's fine, O.
Speaker 5: Little coffee, Oh he's smiling.
Speaker 4: Sorry, that's so embarrassing.
Speaker 5: I know, I want to say, hey, are you okay? But no, that's not what you want to hear.
Speaker 2: No, it's so embarrassing. Yeah, that's my great fear of falling down in public. Oh and he hurt himself.
Speaker 5: Darn it.
Speaker 4: God, you don't see that that often. Why why that was a full front flip on a bike.
Speaker 5: That made me sad.
Speaker 4: It's uh, well, he's okay, yeah, but.
Speaker 5: I still just want to cry.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, tell me about tell me again about the MANU met at the party.
Speaker 5: I I, uh, yeah, last night I went to see the boxing match at a pay per view house or a house that didn't pay per viewed it paid to view it. And uh, and this guy I just started petting this dog. I'm like, I really I like old dogs. I like, I think I want to get old that are just have like two years left and adopt only those dogs because I like how they are. And then he's like, yeah, they just make me say He's like and then he just said, I've been crying all the time. I just cry during a car commercial if the right song is on. And I'm like, me too, if you've been crying lately. I've never met this guy. And he was like a man. He looked like he goes to the gym a lot, and he had a lot of gel in his hair. And we just talked about how he'd been crying God, and I'm like, man, it's hard for men to make friends with other men. But I feel like I should have asked for his phone number, because we hit it off right away immediately saying we like crying. I think he was really drunk though at the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but still that level of honesty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, and I've said that before. There are times where you're just watching a Toyota commercial and they pick the right melodic jingle and then they show a father and son or something, and then I think about and then they're I'm not thinking about cars though. So I don't know if it's actually a good way to advertise.
Speaker 2: But I think it is because it's getting it. It's plucks your heart strings and so then you're not it's not.
Speaker 4: About cars, it's about like life. It's like a life decision.
Speaker 2: That's how That's what they're trying to do, right, make it be like what's your lifestyle?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I think that is it. I just it never makes me though, remember what kind of car it was a commercial for. That's true. It's just like, oh that commercial, the one that made me.
Speaker 2: Cry for a little while.
Speaker 4: It was Subaru.
Speaker 2: Subaru had those like date commercials where it'd be like people that were kind of hanging out and then something with magic would happen and they'd be in a super U And that actually made me. It gave me like a teenage longing feeling. Oh right, are those ones where you're like, what, I want to be in a Subaru with some fuck and somebody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree. There are certain cars that I think about, uh, and that do that old Subaru's, old jeep wagoneers. I love a deep yeah, longing for some family and plaid couch I never had. And then uh, and then also suburbans. I think about my friends whose parents had suburbans. Yeah, when I see a suburban, it's like, oh man, I wish I still was just sleeping over at people's houses. You know, absolutely, It's like there's never you know, sleepovers are so complicated nowadays, they really are. Yeah, there's so much.
Speaker 2: Fighting, yeah and fucking the time. You can't just sleep anymore.
Speaker 5: And I just sleep over at your house with you getting the wrong idea.
Speaker 4: Stop being such a slut man or woman.
Speaker 5: Yes, we both decided we cry. Now let me sleep over.
Speaker 4: I want to meet that guy.
Speaker 2: I love the idea of a person standing like, to me, that's such a good independent film.
Speaker 4: It's like two dudes standing at a.
Speaker 2: Party that one looks like a skateboarder and one looks like he works in the financial departments. Yeah yeah, jel in his hair and they love to talk and it goes.
Speaker 5: About crying right away.
Speaker 4: The first thing I would have grabbed his face.
Speaker 5: I guess under the right circumstances, I could have grabbed his face.
Speaker 4: I would have said, be my forever.
Speaker 5: We both want different things out of life. I think.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you I'm sure you saw the news, But before I left Australia, this fucking part of the valley was on fire. Did you see any of it?
Speaker 5: I was distracted by the fact that I was in Montana and the entire state was on fire, but not in a way that threatened, you know. There was pictures. I saw a picture of people golfing and in the background it was horribly on fire where they had to be sweating it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, because I think that was so it was these mountains over here. So I came home from work one night because I work in the valley that way, and I drove and it.
Speaker 4: Was all blocked by houses and stuff.
Speaker 2: I drove to CVS and when I walked out of CVS for the first time, it was unblocked view and it looked like hell had grown up behind the Carl's Junior Junior.
Speaker 4: It was like the weirdest thing I'd ever.
Speaker 5: Seen, right, really dramatic because you can see the flame. In Montana, the entire state was on fire. But it you know, there's not a lot of people. You know, it's the fourth largest state. There's only less than a million people there. So it's in the mountains and it's in the forest. It still sucks, but it's part of the process. This here was caused by a kid with fireworks, right.
Speaker 4: Is that true? I think, so, oh he's going to get in trouble or.
Speaker 5: I'm confusing it with the Montana one. But you know, fireworks are bad. They're fun, but you know you'll you'll lose an eye or a finger and you'll and you'll kill your states.
Speaker 2: If you're going to do fireworks, do them in the creek. That's what we used to do. Take him down to the craft.
Speaker 5: Them in the crack.
Speaker 4: In the creek. That's right.
Speaker 5: Gotta doll me and the crick.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Well, me and the crack right now, that's every fourth of life.
Speaker 5: In the crack on the bay. Getting the song wrong.
Speaker 2: We took We would take big boxes of fireworks down into the creek and it would be our family and the hospitals and usually like one or two other neighborhood families.
Speaker 4: You can fucking light an M eight down there. Nothing would happen.
Speaker 5: Isn't it crazy?
Speaker 4: They go off, they go off, but like nothing catches off?
Speaker 5: Why? Why?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 5: Why? Why? Karen? Why do they stay lit? How?
Speaker 4: And why firecrackers in general?
Speaker 5: What when you light a wick on a tiny explosive? Why can you submerge it in water and it still goes off?
Speaker 4: Does it?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Oh, well, I guess it's the way the wick is made.
Speaker 5: Hmmm, it's uh yeah, I guess they are so combustible that it goes beyond the extinguish old bowl properties of the water. I just had an aneurysm. That's why I'm worried. If you That's why I don't think too hard about anything, because it sends a bubble to your brain.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's so true.
Speaker 5: But like bottle rockets, I remember shooting them and they propel underwater like little submarine.
Speaker 4: Oh that's rad.
Speaker 5: And then they go at the end and there's bubbles.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is awesome. I would do them in the creek.
Speaker 2: Do it in the creek.
Speaker 5: Do it in the creek.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't go up a hill to do firecrackers. That means you're going up into the mountains, and it's if you're in California.
Speaker 4: The mountains have been bone.
Speaker 5: Dry for eight years. And the horrible irony of this is the only way they're retreating to the mountains is to get away from society so they don't get in trouble. If it wasn't illegal and we could just light fireworks, you know, it'd be safer, but more people being I suppose.
Speaker 2: Well, or we could just burn everything down and then give everybody fireworks and then nothing would be flammable and everyone.
Speaker 4: Be having a great time.
Speaker 5: Right. All we have to do is tear down society and become a firework based economy.
Speaker 4: We can do this, people.
Speaker 2: We if you care about fireworks as much as I do, and that include sparklers, that includes punks.
Speaker 5: Your belongings, burn them for the nearest reservations. Fireworks stand please and buy some black cats and little tanks. I like those old paper tanks.
Speaker 2: Paper tanks are good, Piccolo PiZZ are good.
Speaker 5: Everyone used to buy these loud ones that would blow up their Masters of the Universe dolls or whatever. I just wanted the little pill that you light and it turns to a black coiling snakes.
Speaker 4: Those are called snakes, I think right.
Speaker 5: I think they're called black coiling.
Speaker 2: Snakes or is that the full name? Because I was never trained with black coiled snakes. We just called them in the creek, we call them snakes.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think that was when I go to the fireworks stand to be safe. My dad somehow hypnotized me and believing the most boring ones were the funnest.
Speaker 4: Did you have punks everything?
Speaker 5: Sorry? I don't, and it don't. I mean some of the kids were, Oh, you mean the turd on a stick? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, uh.
Speaker 5: It is, but it is manure on a wire and punks are made of poop?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 5: Yes? Since when seventies mid seventies?
Speaker 2: I think I never knew that. Does it smell like poop?
Speaker 4: Does it?
Speaker 5: No? No, you got to put it in your mouth first and then smell it. You have to get it moist. Yeah, and once it's in your mouth, you're like, even if you never really had colmanure and a stick, you know that's what it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know you got the good stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It has to hit the back of your tongue and it hit the special pooh sensory areas of the tongue. I always have to get gross because I'm a boy.
Speaker 2: You went one step too far, just like risk, just like boy games. That's my still my favorite thing. And so many people don't enjoy that joke. But they'll people will say like, would you like some salami? And I'll say no, that's for boys, or like have you ever played blank game? And I'll say, no, that's for boys. And I think it is so hilarious to talk like you're eight years old and people don't think it's funny.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean it'll get me in hot walk because I've been to an exercise for girls.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right, and I talk about it.
Speaker 5: I really I am. It is exactly my therapy, all this squatting, but they fully depending on the class, and it's always I'm the only man and they will have their arms like in a plea position or whatever. Curtsy whatever, one arm up, one arm down, like a ballet arms, and I keep mine down low because I want everyone to know the business, but I don't. I Also, when you're the only guy at a at a class that's mostly where I do now, I'm like, oh, this is good for my hip. I don't want them to think I'm a weirdo. And also during the class, I just look at the instructor like I'm trying to figure out algebra, Like it's really you know, I don't want anyone to think that I'm there to like look at butts, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I say, because I was like, well, that does sound like you're being a weird of no, staring intently at the instructor and.
Speaker 5: I'm really trying to do it right because there's all these little little nuanced like you have to focus on certain areas for an extent. You can look like you're doing it and you're not really doing it. It's like, look, I'm squatting. It's like, yeah, if I have to pretend your belly button is touching your spine and then you're like, oh now this sucks, and I'm jiggling and shaking. You have to engage your core, yeah, which is something I don't believe I've engaged it right. I mean, you can do setups all day, or you can ride on a bike, and I I do not sweat as much as in this class where I'm just doing these little tiny squats. It's been really interesting, but it's helping my hip so much that I'm excited about my physical future.
Speaker 2: Carry Yay, finally I feel great. Also, I think it's funny. You know what you should do in that class? You should wear night vision goggles in there, don't you think? Just really let them know that you're only there.
Speaker 5: Just I just turn them.
Speaker 2: Up, just like in Silence of the Lambs. Just fucking throw those things down, have a moth on your shoulder, and turn off the light game and be like, I'm fine, I am.
Speaker 4: Not a creep.
Speaker 5: What side? What are your dimensions? By the way, I'm interested in sewing?
Speaker 2: That is fourteen roomy Okay, okay, time for class.
Speaker 5: Forget.
Speaker 2: I asked, I've actually thought recently because I've let my physical well being really slip, and I was like, what if I joined like one of those boxing gyms or something that's all intensely meant like almost like strictly Armenian gangsters. You know what I mean, just go just dip into a world that I do not belong in and go.
Speaker 5: There, and I think you should. And also you know, when you are dipped into this weird world you are surrounded by, it will make you because you know everyone's watching it. That's the thing about a class. It's like all these everyone's kind of eyes around me because I'm the odd the odd duckling. But Jesus, just a little dough every once in a while. I'm just seventy years old because I'm the odd duck and then they and it makes me do it and work harder.
Speaker 4: Yep, that's right.
Speaker 5: Where it's a video at my house. If you like decide to do some tybo videos at your house, it's not going to have that the same effect as a room full of army.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: First of all, I want to oppress Armenian man.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did I ever tell you about the time a car pulled up and a guy just extended a single red rose to me out of his car.
Speaker 5: No, that's what That's terrific.
Speaker 2: It was I laughed so hard and was he kind of goofy about it?
Speaker 5: Or was he like being sensual.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: He was like he seemed like he was in his late teens or early twenties, so I don't know what the fuck he was doing. Yeah, yeah, And I seriously didn't believe that it was a sincere thing, but it was happening anyway, and I.
Speaker 4: Just laughed and drove away.
Speaker 5: That's terrific, though it was very I want to drive around with roses and.
Speaker 2: Done just dramatically extend them to middle aged women in the car next to you.
Speaker 4: It's really enjoyable.
Speaker 5: I've always wanted to drive around with pre made signs just in case I was able to use them that we're very specific, like you you can't turn left in front of oncoming traffic. Just a sign that says that. So when someone I have a sign for it, you're right there and you pull up next to them, and then they'll be like, oh my god, you're right. And also, why the fuck do you have a sign prepared? Yeah?
Speaker 4: When did you write that?
Speaker 5: It's going to make them change if you read a sign and it says you've got away for pedestrians when you turn right, and that it and they just made that offense. I've just basically repeated.
Speaker 2: Myself, Well, no, I get it, I got it, but I do get it.
Speaker 5: I was just kind of listening, Yeah, to imagine the actual traffic violation and worthy of a sign yea.
Speaker 2: And how creative you could get And then how long would you have to wait for those things to unfold in front of you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but not in front of your children, like a sign that says that. And it's just a dad in a van.
Speaker 4: How did you know, Oh, my god, I have to go to church and.
Speaker 5: Make them a better father and make them find Jesus.
Speaker 2: I know you were asking earlier where the National Cremation Building was.
Speaker 4: Oh there, it is ten nine.
Speaker 5: If putting a loved one in a jar isn't depressing enough, come to this peach colored box.
Speaker 2: Come to it, the smallest building to hold your biggest feeling.
Speaker 5: That is the most right next to the lingerie art rock movie poster. It probably didn't say lingerie.
Speaker 4: It did say lingerie.
Speaker 5: It sounded it seemed like it.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of weird buildings with no windows that are like gentlemen's clubs around here.
Speaker 4: A little bit intimidate.
Speaker 5: I like Humphrey Boguard posters and I like underpants. Let's go into business.
Speaker 4: Do you think that they mean it?
Speaker 2: Like they're framing pictures of both Humphrey Bogart and a lady in underparts?
Speaker 5: I really I need to know more. It's funny. I mean it's hard. Maybe they're just trying to be more interesting than the international is it national or international cremation national? Yeah, you got to cap it America. You don't want to be cooking other people.
Speaker 2: In other countries. There's all different, you know, custom you don't want to get.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's you don't want to offend someone first of all. Yeah, I mean, come on, there's little differences with I tried to. I've had my mom's ashes. I don't know what to do with them. I just have them in the corner. I've spread them here and there and let some of them blow in the wind into my sister's mouth. But I really haven't done you know A. I think I got to drive to Monterey. Have you ever been to Monterey?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's beautiful.
Speaker 5: I was born there. We left. We left when I was young, but it would have been a beautiful place to grow up.
Speaker 2: That's lovely to go out onto one of those cliffs. Yeah, and let them go into the ocean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but be careful about it, like pay attention to which way the wind is blowing.
Speaker 2: Yes, maybe you know, goggle again, the night vision goggles could come into place, I think.
Speaker 5: Especially midday. Yes, I really, yeah, I think I'm I'm gonna put on night vision goggles and a cape and sit it stand at the edge of a cliff and yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Make the most of that moment.
Speaker 5: What your mom would want to say? Some words?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think I will just a list of random word because it's kind.
Speaker 5: Of weird to just have her be in the corner of my room where I, you know, fired and masturbace.
Speaker 4: Yeah that is yeah, I would.
Speaker 2: I would definitely take her out of the line of vision when you're masturbating.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's necessary.
Speaker 2: I don't think you want to train yourself to look at that and be a part of that.
Speaker 5: It's funny thing though, it's just a black box. I don't know which side her eyes are on. I turn it away, but she's.
Speaker 4: Still rolling her eyes and turned away. It's like this again.
Speaker 5: Please, she knew she did my laundry when I was fifteen.
Speaker 2: It was because she and she knows now she sees all that black box. My mom is a is in the dining room up above the like china cabinet. And I didn't know until one night when my I, one of the somebody made a joke about Mom not being there, and I got my dad goes, she's here, she's right there, and then I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 5: He didn't say, oh, at your not at your house, at.
Speaker 4: My dad's house.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's easier for me to take because it's at my dad's house.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, I wish I could. Yeah, I just gotta put it. I just gotta do something, put it in a better I mean, the box has made a plastic it's not a show box.
Speaker 4: No, I don't think they're meant for that.
Speaker 2: No, No, you're not supposed to show off with your dad's relevants to show.
Speaker 5: No one really wants to see you show it or tell it. No, it's not a show and tell.
Speaker 4: It's neither.
Speaker 5: It's just a private box as it's sad miss jerk off box.
Speaker 4: It's all those things. I'm sorry, mom, I'm sorry. Was your mom's first name again?
Speaker 5: Lynn?
Speaker 4: Lynn? That's my middle name.
Speaker 5: Oh really, I didn't know that you should have.
Speaker 4: Said it long ago, l Ynn. And that's right.
Speaker 5: Mine's James.
Speaker 4: Oh great, thank you.
Speaker 5: I was hoping you go. That's my dad's name.
Speaker 4: It is my dad's name.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 4: It is my dad's name.
Speaker 5: What.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jim Kilgarrow, have we talked about this?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: This is this amazing, It.
Speaker 5: Is amazing, this is rare. I just said that as a joke.
Speaker 2: I know, I wasn't even really Jim Kilgarrow.
Speaker 5: Lynn Fair maans, Yes, good to meet you.
Speaker 2: God, that's I mean, we've always been connected. Yeah, but this really fucking galvanizes it for me.
Speaker 5: It's just fucking names. Come on, I just take it away. I'm the one that built it up.
Speaker 2: And I was matching your excitement. My first boyfriend was like this. I would match excitement and then be punished for.
Speaker 5: Really, that's a specific cruelty.
Speaker 2: He was very cruel and weird. I actually wouldn't call him a boyfriend. He was a guy that I.
Speaker 4: Spent too much time with in the nineties late eadies.
Speaker 5: It was a confusing time.
Speaker 4: It was a difficult time. The clothes were so ugly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you spent too much time with him. I spent too much time with pants that covered my shoes.
Speaker 4: They were so baggy Junco jeans. Yeah, did you do some junkers?
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, I don't be crazy. I Actually it's funny because as a skateboarder it is such a it is such a clicky fashion conscious You don't realize when you're into it. But it's like there's only certain things that you wear and it has to be skate skate around cool brands. Yeah, and it's so funny. I might as well have been a dude that only wears Tommy Hill figure in Nautica or whatever. You know. It's just it's the same you think of skateboarding. It's like or like punk rock kids when they put so much time into their faux hawk and they're they're putting studs on their jackets. It's like, wait, aren't you supposed to be like, fuck you, I don't care about anything.
Speaker 2: They care.
Speaker 5: You have to spend the same amount of time getting ready to go out to your mosh pitch show. Oh we're that guy is making curious choices.
Speaker 4: He's hearing what works for him. I'm gonna go to the Starbucks drive through. What do you think about that?
Speaker 5: I love it. I think it's a good it's a good plot twist in our podcast.
Speaker 4: It's a good.
Speaker 2: I think it's a good I as you know, I've always been very self conscious about how much I laugh on this podcast, and I've.
Speaker 5: Been self conscious about the fact that you've been more conscious of it, and I've heard you laughing lesson I think I'm less funny.
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that? How is that the trickle down of this neurosis of mine?
Speaker 2: You try and fix yourself and you're hurting well this episode, I was just gonna say, I simply don't feel that way anymore. Oh good, I feel free because also I realized not that many people make me laugh as hard as you make me laugh. Oh thanks, So I might as well do it in real time. Why repress it?
Speaker 5: And I'm not getting any enjoyment out of this if I'm not laughing. Yes, yeah, like right now, that moment was really painfully.
Speaker 4: I didn't like it.
Speaker 2: I love the invention of Starbucks drive through. I know it's wrong.
Speaker 4: I know it's.
Speaker 5: Supposed to be supporting some struggling mod pop coffee people that are squishing the coffee with their feet and a barrel right now, but I might be confusing that with the wine.
Speaker 4: Produc more wine than coffee.
Speaker 2: But I just love it to be able to have a coffee.
Speaker 4: It just comes right onto the back of my car.
Speaker 5: Whoops, whips. Yeah, we've probably mentioned Starbucks enough on this podcast that we should be getting something from them, just free coffee.
Speaker 4: Starbucks should do We would be great.
Speaker 2: And I think is you know, you're Starbucks sometimes and it's music and then but you're also being forced to overhear conversations.
Speaker 4: They should play our podcast at Starbucks as.
Speaker 2: The dominant conversation and then people can talk under it so that you don't have to listen to some adults conversation. You can listen to hilarious, fascinating conversation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they'll still play Sarah McLaughlan or whatever that.
Speaker 4: Can come in and out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but mostly it's us talking all throughout Starbucks across the land and internationally, because I did find Starbucks in every city that I went to in Australia.
Speaker 5: Oh did you?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I looked, is there?
Speaker 5: I and you? Did you hang out with you? You were just saying they're kind of it's kind of like Hawaii and everyone has relaxed and kind of for lack of a better term, ire, I never said I read you said they were a little irim on. I think you did, like remember you did that offensive accent and you said, ah, yeah, and I'm like, please stop doing that. But I said you and then you were like, what's what? Well, I think that I'll like it. I oddly I did this. There's something a movie called The bra Boys. They're like kind of this rough and tumble, gangy surf group of I don't know how poor they were though, because every they had enough documentation for this documentary that they all had video cameras, So it's like I didn't grow up with a bunch of video cameras. Yeah either, Yeah, how rough was it for them? But anyway, they one of them was like going to prison. He killed someone, but he still was in this contest and beat Kelly Slater or something. But and they are scary, but they I went to the red carpet thing and interviewed. Oddly, one of the producers was this guy from Montana. It was just a weird uh thing. I hate it when I start a story and I forget what direction I want. The point is they made me do like, oh I want to audition for the Narrative movie and and uh, Russell Crowe had something to do with it. So he was there and they were going to make a movie based on this documentary on the boys. Yeah. I don't think they ever did. But I was like doing an Australian accent because my boss made me do it for we're having some hair issues. Sorry, no, it's okay, quit fidgeting, Karen. Uh I it was, but I really worked on it to where I was like, well, I'm going to audition for the movie. What I want to be one of the broad boys that whole dumb angle. But then I really worked on my and they actually were all like, that's not a bad accent. Oh, it was just I was like blooming onions, yeah, crying, you know, I was saying that stupid shit. But Russell Crowe, and I think it was just on the heels of Russell Crowe throwing a phone in a hotel or beating someone. I don't know. He was the nicest person ever, really, Yeah, I really liked Russell. Everyone was nice. Yeah, this guy's had like I'm going to murder you tattooed on their neck. And they would listen and they were sweet. And then when we were done, I was like, thanks for doing that, and they're like, no, thanks for coming here. I appreciate it. They were all I was like, Australia, love it. They're not a whirlwind Tasmanian, you know, like you always think. I always think, oh, it's like the wild West and everyone's like a little crazy, you know, because of the Tasmanian devil.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like they might be a tad bit racist and sexist in a way that's like they're just.
Speaker 4: Behind about seven years. Sure that might be a thing.
Speaker 5: Though, it's going to be the next thing I brought up.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, But I will say that on the heels of saying that we is hypocritical.
Speaker 4: Every single person. I mean, that was the.
Speaker 5: Lovely so long as you're not an aboriginal or how is that the way that there? What is their relationship to like the native folks there?
Speaker 4: I don't really know. I was only there for ten days.
Speaker 5: Because in Montana it's mostly everyone is white. So if you're racist, you're just being an idiot or you're it's the It really is the the kind of racism where it is someone being what's the word ignorant, ignorant. Thank you, good god. What's the isn't that ironic word? Did not? What's that word that means? You don't know any better? But thanks? Thanks, It's all very subtle. Here's my own Irish. Hello, Shamrocks. I just have to mention a thing from the place.
Speaker 4: Right, yep, you just name a thing I've always.
Speaker 5: Been uncomfortable about where I'm from people it's openly okay to be have animosity to or it's Native American people. I don't like it. It always bothered.
Speaker 4: It's so weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I think it's still a little like that.
Speaker 4: I think San Francisco's like that with Asian people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everyone's got their thing. I'm not racist, well except with the thing that exactly applies to where I live. Yes, but everyone's that way, do you. Yeah. I'll just have a iced coffee okay, in the uh you know, the medium size. I don't want to get nervous.
Speaker 4: Okay, no milk in it.
Speaker 5: No, I'm off the cow nice. I Yeah, I'm trying not to trying to have a clean, flavorless AUSSI diet.
Speaker 2: I mean, I definitely felt better when I came back. I was like, this is because also, everyone is so good looking there.
Speaker 4: They're so beautiful it's crazy.
Speaker 5: Well, that's one thing I've noticed about meeting Australian people here is uh, they're easy on the old eyes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for real, the old.
Speaker 5: They're They're inspirational in the old boner department. Guy or girl, let's sleep over.
Speaker 2: Another one of these high maintenance sleepovers.
Speaker 5: Shit, I wish we were kids so we didn't have to do this. What if I said that during sucks creepies? I wish we were kids to me, remember when things were simple. I'm done.
Speaker 4: They're still pretty simple.
Speaker 5: I'm done, I say. That's what I say. It all a sleepovers.
Speaker 6: I wish we were kids so we wouldn't have to do this so depressing. It is kind of a little bit. God's fun to be around, you know what, I will say.
Speaker 2: I did have the Wait a second, I'm sure remember this at the end of this order.
Speaker 4: Sure, let's see what happens. Can I have a gand iced coffee?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: And also a grande mocha iced with just one pump of.
Speaker 5: Chocolate suffe and anything nice coffee? No, just the coffee, no thanks, okay, and let's.
Speaker 4: No thanks. Anything else that's it.
Speaker 5: Should we get her name for the credit.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to have you signed this piecepaper.
Speaker 5: Yeah you don't mind.
Speaker 4: I might ask you to cut that part out.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah I can do that, can you? I mean it takes a little longer, But is it a big pain? It all is? All of it? All of it is a pain. I'm I'm, I'm, I'm. I'm not that guy that is efficient and good at his job in a sexy way. I'm like, ad fuck.
Speaker 4: Gott damn fucking thing.
Speaker 5: Ah, I doing that that way during stand up even.
Speaker 2: I just keep finding that I say things on podcasts that I'm like a month later, I'm like, I don't. People don't need to know that about me, right, saying things trying to think of something interesting.
Speaker 5: Well, that wasn't that revealing. I mean, we've been blurting out stuff. It's way worse than one pump of mocha? Please, and now do I have to cut that out? It's not that embarrassing. It's one pump, you know what we'd have to cut out? Can I have an extra three pumps of moch Shay?
Speaker 4: Are you breathing like that?
Speaker 2: It's okay, It's just me it's just my hand.
Speaker 5: It's just your hand, everybody.
Speaker 4: Nobody can it's your.
Speaker 5: Hand, everybody. I want a man with a slow hand. Isn't song about defending yourself.
Speaker 2: I want a man that's not gonna hit me too quick so I can get away.
Speaker 5: You know, an easy touch, you know? Oh god, it's funny. Let's break down lyrics on our next podcast.
Speaker 2: We should we should have multiple podcast That song actually made was popular when I was like ten, and it made me very uncomfortable. I was like, this is about sex, and we should be sitting in the car listening to it.
Speaker 5: You're right, I love with and ease.
Speaker 4: Gross and it's none of my business. Ros Pointer, Yeah, it's just sounds.
Speaker 5: You're making me think of my parents.
Speaker 4: Fucking yeah, this discussion is not for my ears.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Oh man, there's so many songs from that era that it's like, the only people I knew that had sex were my parents upstairs, So all those songs were super gross.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Ew, I don't want my dad to have an easy touch on my mom. Ow Oh, slow, speed up those hands.
Speaker 6: Put it over it so faster now, Chris, you said you were on the road for six weeks.
Speaker 5: I was, Yeah, tell.
Speaker 2: Me give me a quick and I mean quick oversight of where you went, what happened?
Speaker 5: Oh, let me see where there I go. I went to San Francisco and did some shows. I loved that city, was like, you're in It was just shows in bars that we did this, just some shows. It wasn't nothing. But then before that, I was in Tahoe, which you mentioned, and that was around the time that the whole tiki torch white nationalized shit was happening, and I was in Nevada. You're in Nevada, You're not in There's a difference. I'm sorry, no, there is. But everyone around me looked like those the kids in that group, and I was like mad there. But and you're in a casino and that's depressing a cigarette smoke in an elevator. But then you can go out the back door and just hike up mountains. And I got all into hiking. I got these cool hiking trail shoes and it was good for me. It was like a healthy time at a let's good, you know, That's what I gleaned from it. The audience there was fifteen up, and it was good for me to be in front of nice people that want to enjoy the thing, but they're old and dumb and no offense. You saw me and in Tahoe it was good to say. And there were some podcasts people that drove all the way from somewhere and they were sweet. But really, yeah, yeah, that always happens. It's so cool.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 5: It's always just one or two people, but it's cool when they come.
Speaker 2: And it's almost like the it's this small mighty group of people who are like, we're standing by you guys, even if you don't put.
Speaker 4: Out your podcast right right, right, it's really nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean when we don't put out our podcast, I get tweets from people like all week long.
Speaker 5: Well, I figured it was nothing compared to well now I'm gonna have that. I feel bad for Shinead O'Connor. I thought it was nothing com beared to what you get now with my favorite murder. That's got to be you had to like you have to like filter those, right, It's got to be so many yes that it's like, okay.
Speaker 4: There's some crazy stuff.
Speaker 2: There was something the other day that I read in passing wasn't even really paying attention, and it bummed me out.
Speaker 4: For like a week and it was just a thing like it was two people talking.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I was on it at It's like someone and it was just a shitty comment that was very.
Speaker 4: I'm sure identif.
Speaker 2: About it didn't really matter, it was about the podcast, but it was one of those things where I was like, it's you can't there's that side of it, and no one ever talks about because everyone so badly wants success. People want something good to happen in their life that they pretend like there's but there is an equal downside to the upside, and you have to get right with it very quickly, even though there's no training and there's no real way to do it.
Speaker 4: You have to very quickly get used.
Speaker 2: To being discussed and being open to being talked about by people who aren't I.
Speaker 5: Would think for you right now, ups with as far as podcasts go, it's so good for you right now. I'm excited for you, and it's got to be exciting. Then, yeah, go ahead and bring on a few bad things, yes.
Speaker 4: Like you can't be too precious.
Speaker 5: It's pretty it's pretty cool what's happening right and it makes me wish you and I had done a theme like the Alzheimer's Night. But then that would have come to a close a dramatic one, yes, yeah.
Speaker 4: A double dramatic again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like, well, I guess this is kind of wraps it.
Speaker 2: Up for us, you know, But that would have we would have I don't know, there's a lot of responsibility in that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'd have to we would have had to have done a bunch of research. I would have to reel it in. I would always feel bad being ridiculously silly and wanting to talk about farting in front of a box.
Speaker 2: And also, it doesn't the reason that thing hit is purely what was happening culturally, not purely, but like, there's so much more to it than just what we were doing. It wasn't a planned it's just like, wet this thing out. That was just like anything else we put out, but just because of the alchemy in the air.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, well, I'm glad we do this one. I'm glad it's about nothing and we can be silly.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's right. Well, that's that's the most fun. And you can just do whatever.
Speaker 5: It is fun. I want to do whatever and just have fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why, that's a fucking wrong.
Speaker 5: Oh, sorry, there's no theme. Sorry, we're not picking up someone at four am at the expense of our own enjoyment.
Speaker 2: There is times hate it, hate it, hate being there, hate it, hate having to book people that we don't even necessarily like me my person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh, I'll start saying names.
Speaker 4: He doesn't give it fun.
Speaker 5: So far away pit ripped open.
Speaker 2: No, you have to take a swimming class with a bunch of women.
Speaker 5: Oh, I can't wait to go tonight. I'm gonna really wear hard you promise, mm hmm. I'm gonna make my belly button touch my spine.
Speaker 2: I'll show you pull it all the way back.
Speaker 5: Oh, I forgot my grippy socks. I have these socks with rubber on the bottom I'm supposed to wear.
Speaker 2: Look at this gorgeous money they have down there.
Speaker 5: It's transparent.
Speaker 4: There's a strip of sea through.
Speaker 2: There's the Queen of England.
Speaker 5: Looks very much like a Canadian five, scept smaller.
Speaker 4: Pretty nice, right.
Speaker 5: My favorite is the Canadian five looks a lot like that. Now there's a transparent thing. But the old one with the hockey players is my favorite because it says the quote about the blasphemy. Yeah, my years, the years of my youth were spending school, in church and on the ice, and it was the days on the ice that mattered the most. And it's on their mind. It's like hockey, Yeah, it's fucking great. I'm like, can you. I mean, that's the last thing our country would allow. Hey, which either way, it's like you're saying fuck you to school and church.
Speaker 4: It's pretty badass.
Speaker 5: That's just what. That's the kind of thoughts that guy we saw what the fanny pack has in his head as he jogs.
Speaker 4: That's right, that guy, thank you.
Speaker 5: Will you do my straw for me?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 2: I won't touch your part.
Speaker 5: You can put it on. It's a turd covered punk. I s where it is. That's another thing that someone can research. Are firework punks made.
Speaker 4: Of manure and then you put them in your mouth to prove it. That's the second part of the question.
Speaker 5: That may have been my comedy routine.
Speaker 4: No, just not in the it's a piece you're working on.
Speaker 5: It's one of my skits. It's not in the routine yet, is it?
Speaker 4: Would you call it a new chunk?
Speaker 2: There's nothing I want to hear anyone talk about less than a chunk they're working on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ever, I know comedy.
Speaker 5: Yeah. The other night, this kid was like, oh, can I run this bit by you? And I'm like, oh no, But then he did, and I was like, oh, yeah, that will work. Sorry, I booby trapped your phone and said it there.
Speaker 4: It turned out to be an okay bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean a miracle. Its just like, yeah, that'll work. I guess why don't you do it? And then it didn't work.
Speaker 2: Well. Also, because I've never understood people asking that question when if anyone ever, anyone is ever going to say to you, all anyone will ever say to you when you ask that questions. Yeah, that's good because you've put them in an insanely awkward position and they don't want to deal with your dumb bullshit. No, like it's such a weird pretending that it can be any other way.
Speaker 5: Yep, it's true. You're putting someone in a weird position and they're going to lie to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they have to. You're making them lie to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't make people lie to you. Stop it. Stop it. Specific person we're talking to right now, stop it, Larry. Don't. I don't know anyone named Larry. That's why you know I say in that in my I just was like, oh, I'll just put the name Larry here. When I had a joke about it, was just like, oh, my uncle Larry's back from the army or whatever. I don't know. And then I realized I do have an uncle Larry. I have two uncle Larry's. You do, And I was I was not thinking of either of them. It's just a name, I say, And then I kept saying it, and then I was like, oh my god, what if my my real uncle Larry that's alive heard this and thought I was talking about him.
Speaker 2: You are?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wasn't though. It's just a name, a name that I plugged in after the word uncle, and then it happens to apply to a very specific person in my family.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: That's how names work.
Speaker 2: I think it's amazing that the second I say I don't.
Speaker 4: Work out your chunk, you work out a chunk on me.
Speaker 5: Who I did that? I'm just kidding? Oh god, yeah, what if I try? What do you think? Should I take that one to Tahoe?
Speaker 2: It wasn't good. Was the Uncle Larry chunk good? It's more of a common on its meta.
Speaker 5: And I also went to Winnipeg, Canada for a festival, and it was really really pretty there.
Speaker 4: Was it already cold?
Speaker 5: It's no, it wasn't. It was hot, but it was crazy. You're not that. I always thought I was further into Canada than I really was. You're just like right down by the border. Yeah. Yeah, but it's still one.
Speaker 4: Of the coldest places in the world.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think it gets really cold there because it's the proximity to those goddamn lakes, all those lakes, even the finger ones.
Speaker 2: Y oh yeah, they'll finger it right up.
Speaker 5: Those legs and when they get small enough, they finger right up.
Speaker 4: We're being saucy on this episode, in a.
Speaker 5: Little little spicy I don't care. I don't care.
Speaker 2: That's what it is. It's the new This is the Fall twenty seventeen.
Speaker 4: Do you need it right? Very different election.
Speaker 5: It's a new collection. That's what I wanted to say, and then you said it made me laugh, so I wish I had said it. Anyway, we're coming up on this hour here.
Speaker 4: Coming up on the hour. Yeah, we should have.
Speaker 2: The idea that do you remember the first time we told somebody we were going to do an.
Speaker 5: Autism I mean Alzheimer's the podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the way I think it was Destin Martin, the way he stared at us with no expression on his face. Oh right, I don't think that could have ever been a possibility.
Speaker 4: No, it was too depressing.
Speaker 5: Yes, I agree. Even just now when I said it, I'm like, you know what, maybe that's not true. I guess what I was thinking more is it was like, I do like that we have a free wheeling, unscripted thing. But I do appreciate when, and I'm sure you do now too, when there is a format and a theme. Yes, but I do, like you know, I have I have fun on these other ones where it's all scripted out and at but it's not as fun to do.
Speaker 4: That's all a scripted podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or not scripted whatever, but like thoroughly themes, so you're either playing a game or like it's.
Speaker 5: Very exact exactly usually it's a game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get that. Oh because you did you just did International Water.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's there. That's an example, perfect one.
Speaker 4: I love that show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's very fun, but it's like you, I you're you're not loosey goosey, but they thought this last one I was really loosey goosey yeah, so never mind, that's it. I hate it when you don't have a point.
Speaker 4: You kept it loose. That's always your point.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Uh, it's good for your health.
Speaker 4: That makes me think, uh uh something about international waters?
Speaker 5: Oh England, m Dave Holmes. Shit, I did it. I loved Michelle Balloon and then she went to visit with you.
Speaker 2: That's right, told me about it. No, it was it was more about Oh, I can't remember.
Speaker 4: I guess. Here's what I'll say.
Speaker 2: This is my advice to anyone who is starting a podcast or has a podcast that they think could be doing better somehow.
Speaker 4: Just talk faster. Oh, just talk faster.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 5: Interesting.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, so many people do podcasts and they do it as if they're looking for their keys. Oh it's that kind of like I'm thinking about what I'm talking about as I'm talking. So it's not that rushed. You got to know what you're talking about.
Speaker 5: I never really pay attention to the speed at which I'm speaking. I mean I do. I suppose just when you're giving a timeframe and you have to do a certain amount of jokes. Yeah, you're not gonna lolla.
Speaker 4: Gag, No, that's right.
Speaker 2: But I think in podcasts people feel free to and it's it makes it so boring.
Speaker 5: And I'm going to add to that unsolicited advice to whoever out there might maybe or maybe not needing it. Don't say, uh, there's people that while they're talking there and see like that I tried to do it. I don't think I do that. You don't unless you're actually trying to think of something, right.
Speaker 2: But I guess my point is like, already have thought of it if you're going to record.
Speaker 5: It exactly right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because a lot of podcasts are just like a fucking mind numbingly dull conversation like this one.
Speaker 5: Sure, exactly, But there's.
Speaker 2: A piece that we keep with each other about it.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of smoke and mirrors to let you know we you know, it distracts you from the fact that we're really talking about bullshit.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know thoroughly.
Speaker 5: And one of those is talking fast. You say a thing, I immediately say a thing, and pretty soon no one knows that we haven't talked about anything.
Speaker 2: It is as if we've always been talking about it. Have you ever gone to yakis Oh?
Speaker 5: No, makes me think of vomit. What do you think that guy's popping.
Speaker 2: Up yaks yakki's you.
Speaker 5: Know yakking is I mean where I'm from. That's when you.
Speaker 4: Throw up, that's vomit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I'm not going to eat there. You gotta be careful. Will you name a place?
Speaker 4: It's true?
Speaker 2: Did you know that the Nova didn't sell in Mexico? It was like, the Nova's like one of Chevy's best selling cars in America, but they tried to export it to Mexico and it didn't sell because nova means no go and oh.
Speaker 5: Wow, no one did that research. Huh, that's really funny.
Speaker 4: The seventies when nobody did research.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yet explain to me then the popularity of the dump cake.
Speaker 4: People love to ship and people love to eat cake. Done and done.
Speaker 5: I don't know why. I like both those things too.
Speaker 4: Who doesn't.
Speaker 5: Sometimes at the same time, I'll bring a piece of cake while I shit there and ship like a quick fill just in with the out the old.
Speaker 2: It's just yeah, it's the infinity eight going through you.
Speaker 5: It is, it is. It is actually the shape of my intestine, number eight.
Speaker 2: They're all laying down eight just in your guts and then you've got the lady Kathy Baker what's her name, Kathy something that does the infomercial. Have you seen the dumb cake infomercial?
Speaker 5: Oh right, Baker Davis Junior.
Speaker 2: She just does a box of cake mix and then like a diet coke and some cheers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's so broa fucking nuts. It's so pop it is it is? Yeah, that is. That was an early sign of you know, what is happening now. I guess people loosely call it the apocalypse. Yeah, you know, I don't know of it. It is because there's a real one that's like happening environmentally, but that'll take a while. I think we need to get over ourselves and realize it just means we shouldn't have kids because it's really going to fuck them over. Then there's also the one where it's like, well, hurricanes and fires all okay, So then this is is there a god? Then someone's ending it? Yeah, some powers that be.
Speaker 4: Someone's doing something.
Speaker 5: So I don't know if it's a real environmental one or if it's just like you know, just and then people. It's all happening at one. It's all happening very fast. But anyway, that infomercial for the dump cake was an early.
Speaker 2: Sign, pick your favorite soda. It's it with a box of cake and some pineapple rings, and then her fat fingers putting the pineapple rings down into the pans.
Speaker 5: You can hear her breathing, and she leans down to do it, and then she puts on her sleep mask.
Speaker 4: Then she can keep breathing.
Speaker 5: She just puts pineapple rings in her nostrils to alleviate her. Yes, yes, thank you. Put the pineapple ran up your nostrils so you can breathe another night, your favorite soda down your throat, opening up your phone hole.
Speaker 2: You're awa in a candy bar. Everything she breaks in is just like the grossest breakup of these of old bread.
Speaker 5: No Kathy, just a list of things that shouldn't be together, exactly together. Oh god, I'm okay. I'm glad to watch that on the old tube.
Speaker 2: It's the best, the old tube of me, the old YouTube, the old YouTube.
Speaker 5: Well, we're coming up on your plate. Anything you want to plug. Oh shit, you're just gonna be in town for a while and you're gonna relax and work on yourself.
Speaker 4: I'm working on myself.
Speaker 2: I'm maybe I might get a job at this Whole Foods when it opens.
Speaker 5: Oh that could.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I work in figs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, big section fig I've always kind of wanted to be, uh, the guy in charge of all those different olives with.
Speaker 2: Your own little cart. That that thing that it's like a specialty.
Speaker 4: Thing these days.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's always weird when there's something like a specialty. I don't like it when the salta cart comes up on me. It's like a you're is too specific. Yeah, moving along squeaky wheels. Yeah, me too. Let's let's just get ready for the holidays.
Speaker 4: Oh, we also have we're doing La Podfest.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that'll be great if you are coming, We are doing that. You're also doing one for my favorite murder, right.
Speaker 4: That's right. It's the whole La Podfast family together again.
Speaker 5: It's going to be great. It's been a while. I've only done it as a guest, so and then you'll see who our guest is. It'll be a surprise, a.
Speaker 4: Fun surprise for La Pod people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it'll be great.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I did it for the first time last year and it was awesome.
Speaker 5: And what are the dates. It's in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: I don't remember.
Speaker 2: We have an email we have to answer, yes, yeah.
Speaker 5: We'll do that when we get okay, and then you'll all know after we answer that email.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Cryst will dub it in afterward.
Speaker 5: All right. Cool. Well, it's good to see you again, friend, You too, my friend. Yeah, Let's let us see each other more often.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm around.
Speaker 5: You've been listening to a podcast called do you Need a Ride? E?
Speaker 4: Y n A r.
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: That actually fit? Are leaving?
Speaker 1: I you wanna way back home?
Speaker 3: Either way, we want to be there.
Speaker 7: Doesn't matter how much baggage you claim and give us time and they turning on and Gabe, we want to send you off inside.
Speaker 1: We wanna welcome you back home.
Speaker 2: Tell us all about it?
Speaker 4: Re scared her?
Speaker 2: Was it fine?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: Porn? Do you do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride? Do you need to ride?
Speaker 5: Do you need to ride?
Speaker 1: Do you need.
Speaker 5: With Karen and Chris mm hm