Speaker 1: I'm Teddy Mellencamp and this is Emily Simpson and.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Popping Off.
Speaker 3: We have to give a special thank you to Emily because she is currently in Cancun right now, and I'm like, I'm so sorry that I had to cancel the one before, but can you just do it?
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot. You're like, can you just do a podcast from Cancun? Sure? I just left the cabana where I was looking at crystal turquoise Blue Waters and came up to my room so I can do a podcast with you. That's a professional, I am.
Speaker 2: You know what you really? You scream professionalism?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: I feel that every time I watch an episode of Real House Buzzing County.
Speaker 1: Is that your takeaway? Every time? You're like that, Emily, she's so classy and professional.
Speaker 3: I'm like that, Emily, that's a real professional there. Speaking of professionals, this first headline is up from People Magazine, so you.
Speaker 2: Know, oh, this is legit when we see.
Speaker 3: People Magazine and not Radar Online, like, ah, shit is hitting the fan. This first one is Jax Taylor is filming The Valley season two, but Britney Cartwright wants nothing to do with him when it comes to filming for season two The Valley. This source, I'm like the source being Jackson's publicist or who tells people at this time the pair aren't compatible of being in the same room together or being in communication with one another.
Speaker 2: Brittany has reached her limit.
Speaker 3: And remains strong to do what is best for herself and her son. Then, the insider reveals that much of the drama will be seen on the upcoming season. As the new season of The Valley unfolds, a lot of shocking details will come to the surface. The source notes, since nothing has been off limits, it may end up being the most unpredictable, no holds barred seasons to ever appear on reality television.
Speaker 1: Yet that definitely came from Jackson.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure. Then the source also yeah.
Speaker 3: The source also, there's two sides to every story, and Jacks has his views that will be addressed once he's back. His focus is to be amicable co parents for the sake of their son, which brings us to Britney Cartwright files for divorce from Jax Taylor.
Speaker 2: TMZ broke the news right here.
Speaker 3: Cartwright went to court Tuesday and file divorce documents after five years of marriage. According to the new legal docts obtained by TMZ, Brittany is going with irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split. This strange couple previously announced their separation in February, and Brittany lists the date of separation is January twenty fourth, twenty twenty four. Brittany also wants to block the ability of the court to award spousal a support to either of them. That's a pretty big deal to block from either of them, Like we just want Like she's just saying, I'm freaking done, I want to be responsible for myself, my son, you.
Speaker 1: And honestly, it's probably because they're both making the same amount of money. Yeah, she's making more. She probably wouldn't have that, you know.
Speaker 3: Isn't He's still living in the house and she's not, So I think she helped him get the house. But also I saw I don't know if you guys follow and if you don't. She always has good little nuggets, alleged nuggets. Who knows, but Steph with the Deats posted this video of somebody who allegedly sent over all of these text messages or dms or whatever they were between Remember when Jacks posted the video of Brittany and Cruz laying in the bed and yeah, and he's like, look who's been sleeping here? Well, Steph with the deats apparently got these messages or Dumal got the messages or whoever. It was from another woman that said she was actually sleeping in that bed that night.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, like after Brittany. So Brittany gets up, gets her kids, takes her kid home to put him to bed, and then another woman comes over.
Speaker 3: Well, my guess is that Brittany wasn't actually in that bed that night. That was just taken phone any point in time. He was trying to do it switcheroo on what the press was saying. But this woman, there's messages between her and Jack's where he's like, come through the side gate, come in. Then there's a picture of her in the bed, which it's clear that it's his bed by.
Speaker 1: Where the oh you can see the background, you can.
Speaker 2: See the background.
Speaker 3: And then like the next day she's like, oh my gosh, I'm so tired. How are you doing it? And he's like, well, I'm in whatever, I'm in, Long Beach. I'm paraphrasing like yeah, blah blah blah, and she's like, I don't know how you could do it after no sleep, And so it's just like Jacks, come on, he doesn't even know like.
Speaker 1: The basic lesson of no paper trail. Yeah, like get yourself a burner phone like real professional cheaters do, or at least as snapchat. Yeah, like that's something needs to disappear before you can screenshot it. Like you're just leaving evidence out there everywhere. It's very unprofessional.
Speaker 2: Very Emily would never.
Speaker 1: Very unprofessional. Laala can't claims Katie Maloney friendship is over after the VPR feud. It's US weekly article. Lala can't just shut down any helpe of Vanderpump rules fans had about her rekindling her friendship with Katie Maloney. During the Wednesday, August twenty first episode of her Give Them La La podcast, Laala thirty three reflected on the close bond she had with Katie in the past. They all have a really special place in my heart. I had a really fun time with Arianna when I first met her on the show Katie. My friendship with her during season ten, I thought that friendship was really on point. She noted when I think back, I'm like, Wow, even though it was a hard time in my life, that friendship really got me through a tough time in my life. Katie and I were very close. I don't think now we have anything in common, and that's okay, Lalla claimed. I don't even know what we would talk about now. We're just in such different places, and I think that friendship was meant to be the way it was for the time being. I get that, I mean, I get that.
Speaker 3: I also think when you're about to have your second child and another person doesn't have any kids as single, you really are in different parts of your life. And if you're not filming a television show together, and maybe part of the friendship was because you were filming a show together.
Speaker 1: Then there's where's the bond. There's not much left then to get it. Yeah, and you know the way she says it, though, I think is very respectful. She didn't say like he's a bitch and I don't like her or anything. She made a very valid point that we're just in two different places in our life, and I think that's a reasonable point. Don't you you have kids, you're married, I'm sure you don't have friendships with people that you were friends with younger because you're just not compatible anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I mean I think there's also you have to have a friendship outside of the show to.
Speaker 2: Then carry on.
Speaker 3: Like I think what she's saying is like, yeah, she really did a lot for me during a hard time, but now that we're in a different place, if neither person is making an effort and you're in different stages of your life, it is going to be done.
Speaker 2: Like one person has to give in that.
Speaker 3: I mean even I mean I have friends where either their kids are a lot older than mine or whatever, and like, you know, I just got a text today like Hey, Teddy, do you want to go to the Malibu cook Off on you know whatever Sunday?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, well, can I bring my kid? You know, like there's always that thing. It's like it's a weekend.
Speaker 3: So you know, there's only so much I can do, or so much I even want to do or I'm able to do where I don't feel that ca that mom.
Speaker 1: Guilt exactly, especially when you're filming, because I feel like there's so much guilt when you're filming anyway, because you're taken from your kids. In order to film a show. So then when you're not filming, you really want to focus on being with your family and being around your children and making them a priority.
Speaker 3: So and I think that La La is probably about to birth right now, so she is probably quite emotional.
Speaker 1: So as vander Pump is, it's not official that it's done. Are we just speculating that there's no more VPR?
Speaker 2: We're just speculating.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing though, if we've got Lala and Sheena on the valley, we've got the jack stuff, So I mean, really we're just missing I mean, I think Arian is done would be my I mean, I'm totally just making that up. I have no idea or inside knowledge. But like Arian, it seems to be thriving outside of the show. She seems when she talks about it, she seems to be very removed from it. So if she's removed from it, then Katie's automatically removed from it. I don't know that. Shorts and Tom are you know what?
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, do we do people care enough to watch a show with those guys or do they need to start fresh?
Speaker 1: They need to start fresh? I don't know. They need to find their own.
Speaker 2: Or it's just all going to morph into the valley. And then we also have.
Speaker 3: You know clearly now that Stossy's going to be on the other vander Pump show and then get her own show, like that's going to fill another void and maybe there's just not room for vander Pump Rules anymore. It makes sense, it makes sense. Yeah, the math is mathing. As the kids say, yes.
Speaker 1: It's mathing. It's making sense.
Speaker 2: It's making sense.
Speaker 3: The next one with Lisa vander Pump hits back at Rachel Levis vander Pump Rules criticism. Lisa said Rachel clap back at Rachel slash Raquel for saying that she would only return to vander Pump Rules if they paid for her therapy. She said that, but I think she had a therapist on hand the whole time through filming, vander Pump told US Weekly in an interview shared Thursday.
Speaker 2: The vander Pump Rules.
Speaker 3: Matriarch added that Bravo was very cognizant of the cast members' needs and being there even when you're filming, saying somebody's available for you to talk to. Even though Levis is now expressing interest in returning for season twelve.
Speaker 2: I'm like, is there a season fast?
Speaker 3: Right? Vander Pump doesn't think it makes sense for her to rejoin the cast. It's hard to integrate somebody into a situation like this. As I say, you can never say never. But she had a lot of things to say about vander Pump rules, about producers and VC, so I think we can safely say that ship has sailed. Vander Pump admitted very rarely do I agree with Lisa vander Pump. But in this situation, I don't know that you can publicly go forward and just trash the network, trash the show, trash everybody.
Speaker 2: On it, and then be like I'd love to come back and come back.
Speaker 1: You know, I never understand. Okay, let me just say this. Someday, this career with Real Housewives of Orange care County will end, and when it ends, I will say thank you for the opportunity and I will go my merry way. Well, instam name and my Instagram name will end as well. Have to find a new one. I'll just make it. I don't know, like mean and aggressive, but I have learned a very Maybe it's because I had a career before. I've worked for law firms, and then you know, when you leave a job, you always do in a very professional way. You give two weeks notice, you say thank you for the opportunity. I don't burn any bridges. So that's how I would exit this show, because you never know when another opportunity with Bravo is going to come up, especially now that they have all these girls trips and spin offs and traders. And why would you trash the hand you know that fed you, Like, why would you go back and just start trashing It makes no sense to me. I'm just going to be like, thanks for the opportunity. It was amazing.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I think where Rachel probably went wrong was trusting in Bethany and that first interview that like, I think Rachel thought that maybe she was going to be able to create the same sort of like I mean, I don't know hype around herself that Bethany has created, but Bethany was, I mean as much as beth Any bugs, like even the whole thing with her toaster of and wanting to cancel this new version of the pop tart and all of it.
Speaker 2: Like, but I mean there's I know.
Speaker 1: I don't even have any idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, it's like beyond.
Speaker 3: I don't follow her either, but Instagram like just won't let me ever not see what it's going on. So it's like she she does these like little videos where she you know, first it was makeup. Then she got in this fight with Chanelle cause Shechanell didn't let her in because I mean, she's just she's kind of a menace. But she gets a lot of attention for it. And I think that Rachel's attention is starting to go away. And I think that as much as you think you want something to be over, when you're used to getting attention, even if it's negative attention, when that attention disappears and you haven't filled whatever that void is in you, you're going to feel a loss. I guess now we got to get into the Too Hot to Handle recaps. Yay, we are going to be recapping season six, episode eight nine and tens. I mean, this has been an entertaining show to watch. It started to win us over. But this episode starts where refinally reveals to Jamary that she did not kiss Jalen oh Man.
Speaker 1: They made that a cliffhanger.
Speaker 3: It was like I mean, but did you really think that they did. I was like, Bria is so into Damori or Jamio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no way she's kissing Janrio to Mario brothers. Yeah, the Tomorrio brothers.
Speaker 1: I you know, I didn't know if she did or not, but they definitely, they definitely made it. They took that cliffhanger and made it as much as they possibly could to get people to, you know, back in. But she did not kiss him, So there you go. Then.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, Charlie doesn't tell Catherine about his message with Sabrina massage.
Speaker 2: I was like, does that mean Lana? I was like, you made them message for Lana.
Speaker 3: Oh, the massage was Sabrina massage. But Sabrina's telling all the girls about it.
Speaker 2: Of course she is.
Speaker 3: But Sabrina like, one, you didn't need to do that because you've already got your eyes set on Chris, which, thank goodness, Chris needed some action.
Speaker 1: Okay. And why was Charlie such a ding dong that he didn't just tell her like they had a date, they spent time together. She knows they were out on the beach, she knows how it works. He should have just said he had a massage and moved Donnie made it. He made it, you know, bigger than it was.
Speaker 3: I think that I think that Charlie is a ding dong, Like I think there's no causible way I could consider him anything else, even though as the season progressed, I started being like, he's kind of attractive.
Speaker 2: Like he grew on me the bigger like mold.
Speaker 1: He kind of just grew on me like a barnacle on the bottom of a boat. I was like, Oh, he's kind of good looking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like what I was like.
Speaker 3: And also then like, do I need to go into like a therapy process because like, why is the bigger douche ere the douche here he's becoming.
Speaker 2: I mean he's definitely taken over Joo. I mean Jowe. Now is now that I finished the season, I'm being discussed.
Speaker 1: Like the songs.
Speaker 3: No. But then, with twelve hours of their free past remaining, Jalen makes out with Lucy and Gianna while Sabrina makes out with Chris. Jalen gets in bed with Gianna, but only Flavia is watching. Things got steamy last night, especially with Chris and Sabrina. Flavia says she couldn't sleep because of the noise they were making, but.
Speaker 2: Chris says they didn't go all the way.
Speaker 1: I can't like secondhand cringe though when that happens, Like I just picture myself in that room with someone laying next to me making out, and I can't sleep because I have to listen to it. I don't know. It gives me like pts, like I would not enjoy that, Like would you be okay just listening to someone next to you, I'm not even okay.
Speaker 3: Like hearing people breathe next to me, I'm not even okay.
Speaker 2: It was more than five minutes of cuttle time next to me like that.
Speaker 3: The amount of things that upset me in the middle of the night, I can't even imagine. I mean, we also have to keep in mind, it's not like you're watching a couple that have been so into each other. Because he couldn't even remember Gianna's name, right, like none of them could even remember each other's name. But like poor Gianna from being Louise's rebound right before he leaves to being forgotten by Jalen. I'm like, girl, you can't catch a break, I know, And she never actually made any connection while she was there.
Speaker 1: I was surprised they kept her the whole time, But then I think maybe it was because she did do some inner reflecting and she would talk about that, so I think that's why. Otherwise I felt like they would have just you know, she wouldn't been.
Speaker 3: Exiled like the other girl that I never learned her name, Oh Kyleisha.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yeah she was. She's like, yeah, I don't like anyone, and I don't want to talk to anyone. I don't want to make out with anyone, and no one. I'm not attracted to anyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and actually I don't even want to be here, So I'm I'm losing money by the day for every second that I'm here.
Speaker 2: Then Flavia feels like she's in.
Speaker 3: Trouble because she always goes for the bad boy aka someone like Jalen, And I'm like.
Speaker 2: Well, apparently so to me and Emily because we now like Chris.
Speaker 3: But we get a Flavia flashback to her past season with Creed.
Speaker 2: I almost had.
Speaker 1: Because we didn't want that, we didn't watch it. His name is Creed? Is that his real name or is that his stage ball name? That's the question.
Speaker 3: It's not in quotes, which leads me to believe it is his real name. Like I get that, my kids' names are like Dove and Slate and Cruised, but like Creed, it makes like even if you're following the ben affleck j Lo scandal and supposedly he's hooking up with Kick, they put Kick in quote, yeah, because her real name is clearly not Kick. She's just one of the Kennedy's and like she has her like cool nickname. But I'm like, there's no quotations here. There's no quotations.
Speaker 1: So we're thinking his parents actually filled out his birth certificate and we're like, Creed sounds good, and.
Speaker 3: Well they I mean maybe Creed you like that was a big band in the nineties, right, so I'm sure you know.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: That's what I was doing the math in my head. I was like, oh my god, are these people? Were these people born in the nineties when I graduated from high school? Is that?
Speaker 2: That's what I was thinking?
Speaker 1: Is that where we're at.
Speaker 3: I was like, Creed was like a bit like what the next Like is the next guy going to be named Savage Garden or Lisa Lobe, like give me all the details. But then brit and Tamari convinced char he needs to tell Catherine about the massage as soon as possible, and then Catherine and Sabrina have their conversation before Charlie has a chance to explain.
Speaker 2: Shocker, I'm sure they like held them apart and they're like whatever.
Speaker 1: They're like, Charlie, look over there, because.
Speaker 3: It really was like they show him like walking and it's like slight emotion and then you see her the other girl, like yeah, but Sabrina tell hers that tells I thought Sabrina was bullshitting a little bit here, because Sabrina came in hard. But she's like she tells Charlie that she tells her that Charlie initiated all the flirting and that he begged her not to tell anyone about the massage.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't think he was the one doing all the flirting.
Speaker 1: No, I think she was pretty. She was pretty flirty. She was a flirty birdie.
Speaker 3: And she said like, there's never been a guy to turn down my advances, right.
Speaker 1: And she was the grenade. Isn't that her job? Wasn't she supposed to be seducing him?
Speaker 3: I know? And how shitty would you feel if you were brought in to be the grenade, and you couldn't seal the deal.
Speaker 2: All you could get was a sandy massage.
Speaker 1: You mean, like I keep thinking about what's his name, Christian about he came in as the grenade, and like the poor guy isn't even in any of the episodes, Like he's a grenade and he can't even like get he can't get anything. He doesn't even have airtime.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm here to tell you that maybe we should do the casting for the Grenades next year, because all of the grenades that came in, except for the one chick that left for personal.
Speaker 2: Reasons, they they didn't grenade and grenade. They didn't because like on Love.
Speaker 3: Island, when they bring in the bombshells, they handle shit, they get shit done okay.
Speaker 1: But are the okay? But maybe then the regular cast needs to be more like a B squad looking level. And then the grenades that come in, if they all just look the same, how are you a grenade?
Speaker 3: No, because the grenades have to like be you have to have a step above like the But also it's different on Love Island because Love Island they've been around these people for a long time.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, it's probably like a week, but it.
Speaker 3: Seems like a long time as the viewer. And then all of a sudden, they're like, you know, their nails are coming off. You can see all their extensions, like times are rough in the villa. And then all of a sudden, there's like this sparkly new toy that comes in.
Speaker 1: Oh, and she's all fresh.
Speaker 3: She's got fresh hair, like she has more than four nails, still intact, like she's got like she's not sharing bathing Sean, It's not like all off everywhere with freckles showing, right, But either way, Jalen decides to make his move on Flavia and his words, she has a nice fat ass and I'm loving it.
Speaker 1: It's so deep. I love the deep connections on this show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have to tell you I was never really into Jalen.
Speaker 3: I wasn't like I don't really granted Jow ends up being disgusting to me, but still like I was like, Flavia, really you just must be over Jow to be that into Jalen. But then they have the candy Land party, where to me, after seeing those guys in that outfits, they're absolutely unable, Like, I mean, the fact that I'm supposed to be into, like into Jalen as he comes out with a giant lollipop on his head.
Speaker 1: No thank you, sir, Yeah, there's nothing masculine about that.
Speaker 2: No, it's I just can't.
Speaker 3: Charlie finally pulls Catherine aside to speak to her.
Speaker 2: Catherine tells him she wants to sleep alone.
Speaker 3: Flavia keeps looking over at Jalen while she's in bed with Jow, which concerns Jow. We find out that Valentina has to make an early exit.
Speaker 1: They don't explain that though, They're just like, she's gone.
Speaker 2: I mean they're saying personal reasons.
Speaker 3: I think she's like, there's no one else here that I'm gonna hook up with, and.
Speaker 1: I yeah, right. My personal reason is everyone here sucks. That is my personal reason.
Speaker 3: My personal reason is I came in and I grenated as I was supposed to, but it didn't work out long term, so now I'm done.
Speaker 1: I did look at Catherine's Instagram, and she and Flavia and Valentina make videos together and she's still with Charlie's That's what I wanted to know. That's why I looked at for Instagram.
Speaker 3: She is still with Charlie. Yes, I wonder if they're having a long term relationship, not long term long distance relationship, and it's like, well.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it seems long term they're still together.
Speaker 2: No long distance.
Speaker 3: Because that I have, I think there might be some trust issues there coming from both sides. Then Lana decides to give the girls a woman only workshop where they focus on breaking old habits. They're presented with ice baths and no shocking term of events. Flavia can't really complete this challenge.
Speaker 1: Oh, because she can't get all the way in. Is that what you mean? Because I can't either. I can't do the ice bath.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I did it this morning and dunked. I feel like, if you're with me, I can make you do it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know it really it really freaks me out. I don't even like ice cream, so it's really hard for me.
Speaker 3: The comparison of the ice cream and being in an ice bath, Like you don't like ice.
Speaker 1: I just I don't really like cold things, and so getting in an ice bath breaks me out. It gives me like heart palpitations.
Speaker 3: Where do you have your AC set like in your home? Full time sixty nine? So you do like cold things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not like just submerging myself in them. I don't want to get inside the air conditioning unit. I just like to enjoy it at a distance.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: But then Jow has a conversation with Jalen before Flavia is able to talk to him. Jalen feels like there's a small chance he can end up with Slavia, so Joe feels backstab I just need to also know why Joo, Like where is he washing his I like older women T shirt?
Speaker 2: Or does he have multiples? Or is this his own line? Like what is happening?
Speaker 1: And why does he wear it repeatedly? Like what message is he trying to send?
Speaker 2: And also is Flavia older?
Speaker 1: That was my question. Is she older than him?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But then she had Flavia has a vulnerable I love vulnerable. This also wasn't in quotes vulnerable conversation with Jow saying she has no feelings towards Jalen, it was just her self sabotaging habits. Then, when Jalen watched Flavia leave with Jow to have a conversation, he assumed they'd break up because he's the best man in this situation Flavia's twenty seven and Jow is twenty two.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, okay, I guess I mean it's five years old woman. I guess.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess I mean you're an older woman than me.
Speaker 1: I am the oldest woman.
Speaker 2: No, I think I podcast with older.
Speaker 1: That's true, but then.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's I also couldn't help myself between the T shirt and then thinking if Flavia really cared about Jow, she would maybe put a deep conditioner in his hair because things are getting askew with.
Speaker 2: It in this scene, like I was like, whoa.
Speaker 3: Catherine pulls Charlie for a chat. Charlie acknowledges that he ficked up and he wants to make it right, and then Catherine wonders how she can trust him again after this, After being vulnerable with each other, they finally they get the green light makeout time for fifteen seconds.
Speaker 1: How do you think that would work in marriage? Like do you think if you just if Edwin treats you right, then he gets a green light? Like he has to wear a watch around all day and he has to say nice things to you and like buy you things and like tell you you're beautiful.
Speaker 2: But then who's in charge of it?
Speaker 3: Me? Yeah, Like I don't know that, Like Alexa is gonna be is that her name, like Alexa turn on ninety eight point seven or whatever?
Speaker 2: Like is she going to.
Speaker 3: Be able to be the one that's like you get the green light at.
Speaker 1: I mean maybe soon with Ai you could have Blake.
Speaker 2: Or do I just have a little buzzer where I'm like, you did good today?
Speaker 1: That would be like a shot caller?
Speaker 2: True? Why do I could just get him a shot caller? And then when I'm interested, like.
Speaker 1: My dog has one of those, I'm gonna put it.
Speaker 2: On Shane, like you haven't already?
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: Then we're in episode nine. They only have a few days left in the retreat. Gianna warns Catherine and Charlie not to break any rules tonight, but Chris and Sabrina are actually the ones to break the rules. How do these people like not realize the others are breaking the rules when they're two inches from each other.
Speaker 1: I know that they have to hear it, right.
Speaker 3: I one would think, or else they're all like passed out ambient, like given ambient every night before they go to.
Speaker 1: Around me.
Speaker 3: And then it's time for the estetic I love this establoshed couples to go on a date. I'm like, they just made up yesterday and they're an established couple.
Speaker 2: But we have to.
Speaker 1: Expedite things on this show. So if you've been together for two days, you're considered established.
Speaker 3: If you've made up for twenty four hours, you are pretty much getting married. All of the couples except one that broke the rules last night on the date, Jamori is going to ask Brie to be his girlfriend. Chris admits he can see his and Sabrina's relationship lasting outside of the show. Brie and Damory drive a jeep to their date, which is a picnic by the ocean. Jamori tells Brie he sees her fitting in really well with this family on the outside. Bree's nervous because she has a track record of choosing bad men. Her trust level for Damorio is eighty percent. I love when they percentages right.
Speaker 1: I mean he is a stockbroker slash model, so I feel like.
Speaker 2: But no stockbroker is off the thing.
Speaker 1: Oh it's gone. He quit. He's done, just.
Speaker 3: A model and potentially Bree's boyfriend. Then Charlie and Catherine take a kayak to their date location, which is also a picnic at the beach. They cheers to Katherine their self Chatherine.
Speaker 1: Oh Katherine, there's.
Speaker 3: Self proclaimed couple name on the outside. They live in completely different countries. Charlie acknowledges that could make things very hard for them. He's not ressuring Catherine that he won't go back to his old ways.
Speaker 2: Okay, mister ninety.
Speaker 3: Nine point five percent, Well he changed it, like, I'm really shocked that you can't commit to, you know, a long distance relationship. And then Chris set up his own little date with Sabrina. He wants to get to know her so they can continue this relationship on the outside.
Speaker 2: Sure. Sure.
Speaker 3: Continuing with Demari and Breeze date, he tells her how much he's changed from being in this retreat. He asked her to be his girlfriend and she says.
Speaker 1: Duh, and they get a green light and Maury is officially official. Do you have a joint name with you and your husband?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: It was our Instagram name until I got until I booked Housewives, which was ted Winader.
Speaker 2: We shared one Edwin and Teddy, but that wasn't like a couple name.
Speaker 3: It was just Teddy and Edwin was taken as an Instagram name, so we were.
Speaker 1: Like, Shimmily, that's never I never really thought about it before.
Speaker 2: Or you could just be shame shame.
Speaker 1: That's better. That makes sense.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I mean, but I wish they would have said bre Mario.
Speaker 2: It would have made me feel better than.
Speaker 1: That's because they don't listen to this podcast, and they need to start listening.
Speaker 3: And then we continue to Charlie and Catherine state, I mean whatever. Apparently they're still together, according to Emily's recording to Instagram.
Speaker 1: I looked at her Instagram. It seems like they're still together.
Speaker 3: But then Joo and Flavia's date is up next. Joo expresses, I can barely utter these words.
Speaker 1: Joao expresses himself through music, so he spent hours. Do you think it was hours writing a song about his feelings. Flavia is determined to fight for him on this date. She tells Jow this relationship is something that can work on the outside. Joel decides to play a song for Flavia because he feels like it fits their situation. From the lyrics and the song, which is basically a bunch of ooohs our time is up now, Flavia is wondering if that means their time is up. We get left on a cliffhanger of Joel saying he's made a really tough decision.
Speaker 3: The picture is our time up now is going to get jaw the songwriting like Hall of Fame anytime soon?
Speaker 2: No, But like that.
Speaker 3: Song, I've never felt more uncomfortable for somebody that wanted to launch a new career. It's like how I feel when a housewife like launches a candle line on.
Speaker 2: Their first season, Yeah, and their first Like I wanted to unlive.
Speaker 1: Myself, but you know what, you know what was even more cringey was the fact that he couldn't get any He didn't he couldn't read the room like he just unless they they made it so it looked like he kept singing for a long time, but didn't it look like you could tell she was uncomfort and she wasn't into the song, and it was awkward and it was odd. Yet he just continued to keep singing lyric after lyric after lyric, and I was like, why is he not stopping?
Speaker 3: Because he thought this was his moment to become famous outside of Too Hot to Handle. Clearly he thought the song I was like, if you're going to do a song, a breakup song like that, shit better come out, Like I don't know John Mayer, Taylor Swift, like you really like a Harry Styles like you.
Speaker 2: Better bring it.
Speaker 3: It can't be like, oh, whoa, it's over now, like no Jow, no.
Speaker 2: Air guitar, get the flu.
Speaker 3: Maracasom but she's clearly awkward. But it's the finale and they're making things dramatic. No, oh my god, our producer just texted us.
Speaker 2: No breaking news. It's on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Jaw and Flavia just came out with a song together.
Speaker 1: It's on it called the most Awkward Couple Ever?
Speaker 2: Is it called your Delulu I?
Speaker 3: I actually can't because at the finale and they're really trying to make things dramatic after what happened with Jalen, Jow's too worried about how things would happen for them on the outside, which is when we get to the guitar conversation. But then when they get back to the suites and like it's clear they're over, then Jow is like trying to explain to the guys, Yeah, oh my gosh, hold on this, it's their breakup song. It's our time now, last message about this, but they duet it it's.
Speaker 2: Our time now. Oh so there's a duet?
Speaker 1: Are they? Are they a couple?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I don't know. They're friends. They're friends. They're just friends, you know what. They're friends.
Speaker 1: And they just thought it was a good idea because Jowel did such a good job with his original song that they thought it was a good job that he continued on that path.
Speaker 3: Just for the record, Joo has two million TikTok followers like sad for us. Then Bree's confidence she and Demuri will win the prize fund, which at this point I am so confused.
Speaker 2: How there's a prize fund at all? Yeah, I'm like, absolutely no prize fund.
Speaker 3: How you spent all of the money that Ever, then I realized this whole money thing is bullshit.
Speaker 1: It is you guys just keep making out all the time. You don't really care about the money.
Speaker 3: But also then everybody then people get money in the end anyway, And was it gonna be that money?
Speaker 2: I don't think it's.
Speaker 1: Additional money that they added to the prize at the end. So they just lost all the original prize money and then they just had some more money at the end, like the twenty five thousand for Gianna, was that just extra that didn't come out of the prize fund? Right?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know that's why it off I mean it says Lana mentions that she's proud of her single guest who committed to her rules and have shown personal growth. Today is everyone's last chance to show Lana why they deserve to win the one hundred and twenty five thousand dollars prize fund. Gianna's twenty five thousand came out of the prize fund.
Speaker 1: So the one hundred and twenty five thousand is what's left over after they spent a bunch of money because they started with more.
Speaker 3: Right, I don't actually believe that, because if that was the case, don't you think they would have been like starting fund at five hundred thousand. I don't think there was ever a set number because they didn't really they knew everybody was going to spend so much, and they were and they were scared people wouldn't actually spend it. And then all of a sudden, what if they said five hundred thousand and then they had to give five hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: So you're saying you just thought that no matter what happened, they would just have one hundred and twenty five thousand to give away at the end.
Speaker 2: Period, correct, because how is the number perfect?
Speaker 1: And even especially when they charged like thirteen thousand here, six thousand here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that makes absolutely no sense. But Gianna is the only person in the retreat who made it to the end with no rule breaks. Her saying is peace over Penis. If if Gianna is not willing to start a women's retreat calling peace over Penis, then I will.
Speaker 2: So that's a good name, Gianna. This is it is. It's a really good name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it. I'm gonna tell Shane that when he wants to have sex.
Speaker 4: Piece peace over Penis.
Speaker 3: Catherine's convinced she and Charlie are deserved to win.
Speaker 2: I'm like hmm.
Speaker 3: And then Jow's trying to realize that breaking up with Flavia through a song was not the best idea.
Speaker 2: No shit, me those your t shirt.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's the thing though. He didn't realize it until he went back to the room and told the other people that he sang a breakup song, and then their faces.
Speaker 2: Were like not even one of them liked it.
Speaker 1: No, they were all like flabbergacid, and it took that moment for him to realize that it wasn't a good idea. Like he clearly didn't realize it at the time. He didn't realize it by Flavia's reaction. He didn't realize it while he was singing. He couldn't read the room. It took it.
Speaker 3: He didn't realize when he was writing the song please.
Speaker 2: Like I just can't.
Speaker 3: But then Charlie pours out his heart to breathe. He doesn't think they would have changed for the better. They have never been banished. Charlie doesn't see an end with Catherine. If he wins, most of the money will go towards plane tickets to visit her in La I'm like, that's like three plane tickets.
Speaker 2: I hate to be the bad news.
Speaker 1: You're not flying back and forth very often.
Speaker 3: No, So you'll make it once and then the final workshop of the season, who dictates who wins? As it's going to measure everyone's growth throughout the retreat.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for your dramatic reading on this.
Speaker 3: They all have to share one word that represents their time from this experience. Then they'll choose a corresponding color to match their word.
Speaker 1: I felt like, don't you feel like producers gave them the word? I feel like none of these people were capable of sitting there on the beach hearing that they had to come up with a word and pick a color like spontaneously. I don't feel like any of them could have done this spontaneously. Feel like the words were given to them, don't you think?
Speaker 3: But also, do you think Charlie would have chose awakening?
Speaker 1: No, that's what I'm saying. The guy is ninety seven point five percent sure that he would cheat, but he came up with the word awakening. That makes no sense. And authenticity and courage and consciousness like these are these are deep, big words, These are these are maturity.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you're you're eleven and a half on this show right now, and you're not even in time.
Speaker 1: You're not even in any of the scenes.
Speaker 2: You see the I don't even remember you in the womb, and neither does Emily.
Speaker 3: Even though she cried Gianna's independence, jow is truth, Flavia's friendship, clearly she's she came out with that word on top because now we're in Jower friends, Uh, Chris connection, Sabrina openness. I was like, you seem pretty open at the beginning, Jamari, respect trust. Then they all throw their colors in the air and have a little celebration.
Speaker 2: Yeah this yay, I'm blue, I'm green.
Speaker 1: Gorge.
Speaker 3: Lana calls everyone into the cabana to reveal who will be going to the final. It's between Lucy, Chris, and Gianna to take home twenty five thousand from the prize fund. The winter will be I'm confused. Didn't Lucy and Chris have rule breaks?
Speaker 1: They did, but I guess they were in the running because they had some personal growth. I mean, Chris went from like not wanting to connect with anyone and having problems with his mom saying that, you know, he wanted to connect with his mom and he was growing. He wanted to have a relationship with Sabrina. And Lucy. I don't know. I guess because she cried and wanted her mom and wanted to go home, but then she stayed and stuck it out. I don't know. That's some growth. She stuck it out three days, she saved three days longer at a resort on the beach.
Speaker 2: Wow, you really did it.
Speaker 3: But Gianna got to take on the twenty five thousand, and then the remaining one hundred thousand will go to one couple dun daid dun dah, either Damori and Brie or Charlie and Catherine. The two couples make their way down to the beach to wait for the instructions. It's just still bananas to me that it's a clean number, But I'm just gonna move on from it.
Speaker 2: And pretend that I don't. We're stuck logic.
Speaker 3: But then they're back at the cabana and Landa tells the remaining house guests that they will choose which couple wins. Just as everyone's about to say who they voted for, were left on a cliffanger. Commercial break, Commercial break. It's the night of the finale. Everyone's all dressed up and ready to hear the winners, and no shock. The twenty five thousand goes to Gianna. Lana knows who to call when she needs a good example in the future.
Speaker 2: Maybe that means Gianna will be back next year.
Speaker 1: I think so. They're going to bring her in as a grenade.
Speaker 3: Oh but is she grenade? That's what I don't know. She doesn't seem like mean.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's right. Because they didn't bring Louis and Flavia in as grenades they brought. They brought Louis and Flavia in as examples like Louise.
Speaker 3: Yes, see what I'm saying. That's or to have a I guess he was an example. It was so they could have a second chance being better.
Speaker 1: Okay, But then the.
Speaker 3: Hundred thousand dollars prize fund goes to Brian Damori. They're officially done with the treat the retreat, and no rules apply. Fireworks go off at the end. We end with Joo about to play Lana's song.
Speaker 1: It's called I Don't want to leave the Retreat. Hello, it's called.
Speaker 2: Lana. I like older women.
Speaker 1: Lana.
Speaker 2: How old are you?
Speaker 3: And how old bad?
Speaker 2: Lana?
Speaker 1: I need to wash my T shirt.
Speaker 3: I you know, we're grateful you guys want on this journey with us.
Speaker 2: But I am really looking forward to Mormons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're actually really I am too, because I feel like you can take a deep dive. There. There's a lot more to analyze, there's a lot more to talk about. There's a lot more opinions to be had.
Speaker 3: So what I have learned, what I have learned doing too Hot to Handle is you and I could probably recap this water bottle and find things to make each.
Speaker 2: Other laugh, our safe talk shit to each other.
Speaker 3: Well that's what I learned on my time for Too Hot to Handle exactly.
Speaker 1: I agree with that you and I could recap anything at this point.
Speaker 3: So well, right now I'm recapping my Shane is looking at his watch up set walking into the show.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks you guys.
Speaker 3: We are actually having two of the Mormon Housewives on as guests, and then we will start recapping the show when it starts airing, so make sure that you stay tuned and we'll keep doing our best to entertainment.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening, guys.
Speaker 3: M