Speaker 1: We're not going to spend all show on this, but I do like to point out debuts, good or bad. We did a rise yesterday that was one of them. We did schoogle as well. Casey My is not good. He did have an eleven day layoff. I know that's not an excuse, but Casey My is not good turned out to be the worst start of his career. And guess what, there are many more starts to go. Are you concerned about Casey miz after one single start with the San Diego Padres, I guess raise your hand, show of hands if you're concerned? Okay, good?
Speaker 2: What would be? Why would be concerned?
Speaker 1: Because some people freak out after one start. We did this with Freddy praulta yesterday too, where he made his debut and it didn't go well and then people are like, ah damage goods.
Speaker 3: Oh no, Casey My said, one bad start, new team, quick turnaround.
Speaker 4: One of the best.
Speaker 2: It'll be fine.
Speaker 4: If there's somebody that can help him. Ruby Diebolo is the guy.
Speaker 1: Also, it takes a minute to get you know, comfortable with your new club. Right yeah, I'm saying if you say Diebol is going to work with him? Oh, it wasn't going to be overnight.
Speaker 4: No. No, If it is, then you're cooked. Then I would say, Yes, he's going to be a terrible, terrible pick of him. He's like, what do you got for me? First start? What is it? No, Like, we're gonna watch we have ideas. It may work on in the bullpen, but we got you because of the picture that you are, not like some magic trick that we're going to pull.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, ditch these three pitches. Add these two pitches and we'll see it. Amar for your start. Go get him.
Speaker 4: It's harder and throw the ball harder.
Speaker 1: Throw harder. Yeah, do it like the Mason Miller guy does the guy who might close out of your games do his thing? Okay, question of the day, your buddy, Jesse Rodgers AJ threw this out there. This is an AJ special right now. The Wrigley Field ivy. He's a fan, he said. I'm sure I'm biased because I've lived here my whole life, but the ivy on the walls at Wrigglely is the single greatest quirk of any stadium anywhere. And I don't want to hear about some soccer stadium in Milan or somewhere that has some weird think don't care.
Speaker 3: Okay, well there's an IVY on the wall, a weird thing. So I mean I don't care either, Right, you know, like the quirk? Well he said, he just said, it's what do you say it's the best quirk?
Speaker 2: What do you say? It was the the best quirk. It's the greatest quirk.
Speaker 3: Stadium And I don't want to hear about some soccer stadium Milan or somewhere that has some weird thing. Don't care what he's saying. That Brigley has the only one with IVY a weird quirk. So I mean, Jesse, guess what, I don't care?
Speaker 2: Calls up?
Speaker 1: You give me a different quirk? Any other quirks you can't says.
Speaker 3: Twas Hill was a quirk, right, I know the flag pole in the center field of if Camerica Park before they change it, that was a quirk. Right, But don't say, don't give me something weird when it's the only stadium that has IVY and then say I don't care about other ones? Well, then why'd you write this tweet?
Speaker 1: Jesse Benway Park.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every stadium has little quirks in it.
Speaker 3: I mean there's always almost every stadium except for like the eighties, Cookie Cutter Stadium's Riverfront and all those ones that were all the same, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Philly, the vet, right, they all were the same. I mean every stadium now has somewhat of a quirk. Yankee Stadium has short porches. It's a quirk, right, everyone has something. The Mets have the little quirk with the apple that pops up right. Jesse's quitch showing your fandom. You're supposed to be biased.
Speaker 1: AJ loves is Jesse, by the way, A case you're listening and you think he's angry, he's not.
Speaker 3: I mean the White Sox have the pinwheels that spin right when they hit home runs. That's a quirk they only have in one stadium. But don't tell him about that, because it can only be about Wrigley.
Speaker 1: Well playing field quirk.
Speaker 4: Playing field quirk, I would say, I would say Great Field is the least quirky. It's very very symmetric.
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 4: That's fair, which I think sometimes can be a cool aesthetic, like it doesn't have to be like how weird can we make this? Toronto put in a new fence and it was like, oh, we're gonna make it jet down and then it goes at an angle like it doesn't have to be crazy. I think everybody's still trying to duplicate what what they did at Canon Yards. That was the one that kind of ushered in, like the coolness, and I think they did the best, and I think everybody's trying to catch up.
Speaker 1: I love Camden Yards. Okay, let's get to the Mariners and Tigers.
Speaker 4: Let's charge about.
Speaker 1: Benches cleared. Not much happened, but there were quite a few hit batters. Brian Wu hit three Tiger batters last night. Then seventh inning, Manuel DeJesus hit Cal Riley with a one to two fastball top of the eighth, gave Spire hit Labor, Torres, Spire, and Dan Wilson ejected. Labor said he asked Riley about how he was doing before the at bat quote when they hit me, I just tried to tell him, DeJesus hit you with two strikes. It wasn't on purpose. Torres said, I don't try to fight with nobody. I'm not that type of guy. Also said he was surprised how things escalated. Glabor given the teams back and forth with Josh Naylor earlier this year. He said, this is baseball. I don't have any issues. They protected Raleigh and that's what it is. I'm good. Oh and the next part of this is going to be fun because Robert Paldez is starting. But anyway, what do you take from all the back and forth here that led to the flexing? Ay, j.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, this is what you're supposed to do. Raley gets hit, they throw and hit Labor Torres. They didn't hit him in the head, It wasn't anywhere.
Speaker 4: It was down.
Speaker 2: I think he even got hitting the elbow pad of him. I mean it was down in the.
Speaker 3: Waisted chest area. I had no problem with this. I mean Glabor handled it correctly. The benches just ran out because everyone likes to get their sprints in for no reason. No punches were thrown, nothing happened. It was just it was baseball.
Speaker 4: Was fine.
Speaker 3: It was one team protecting the other team. They're in a wild card battle. By the way, WU hit Max Clark and it was almost a strike. I don't know if y'all saw that, but Max Clark's arm was literally over the plate. So one of those that Wu hit was over the plate. Almost on Max Clark, But yeah, I didn't think much of it. I just thought, yeah, I just love watching the bolt have to run in from leftfield. Why don't the bullpens instead of running the home plate, especially when they're close like in Seattle, they should just meet right there and fight right there.
Speaker 2: That way we could have two fights going, then the camera guys would know what to do.
Speaker 4: Can't have good fights without greenies. So if you win good fights, you gotta have greenees. Dudes are just out of their minds when they're on greenees, and they're just they're willing to fight everybody. But the key part of that tweet was right in the middle of it. Emanuel de hit Sus hit him with a one two pitch. It's okay that you try to go inside one two. It's also okay that the other team retaliates when you hit their best player. I get it. They didn't hit Dominic can zone, but cal Raley is that team leader, whether he's in one sixty or he's hitting sixty homers like like. It wasn't on purpose, but they said, we're not going to have any more of that, and they hit Labor. I think I think Gabees Fire handled it well. I think Glaber handed it well.
Speaker 1: For parents looking for a new path to help your child succeed this year, there's still time to enroll in K twelve powered online schools. K twelve powered schools offer tuition free, accredited online public education for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade. Todfather take it away.
Speaker 5: Hey, if you're a busy family, K twelve is where it's at. I've had a couple of my children who've been home schooled. K twelve has every opportunity to make your child better and smarter as they move forward in their academic career.
Speaker 1: K twelve's dedicated teachers are trained in virtual instruction, and they provide real time support, all in an online setting that works for your family at home or anywhere that there's internet. If you're on the go, it could be for you. It's not too late to enroll this false. See how K twelve powered schools can help your child thrive this year and beyond. Enroll online today at K twelve dot com, slash foul that's the letter K the number twelve dot com slash foul twelve dot com slash foul K twelve Serving three million students and counting. Hey, remember how Wilson Contreras had all his stuff going on in a short period of time, and then soon after that the Red Sox took off. I'm not saying that a little bit of juice leads to a ton of wins, but the Mariners need to wake up a little bit aj they won.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're not. They're not playing very well. I mean, Brian Willment home is like a sure thing so right now on the road, it's a sure thing the other way, So don't don't judge that. But yeah, the Mariners need to play better. That's about. They can fight all they want. But the difference is that the Red Sox got hot as fire after all the stuff with Wilson and Tras.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't just Wilson and Traras.
Speaker 3: It was a lot of the other guys, say down Rafaela and a lot of the other guys in the lineup, Caleb Durban, Monasterio, all these other guys got hot. William Brady who has twenty homers now, so their pitching staff has been really good. But the Mariners, you see it right there, they're they're two and a half back at the Astros, and unless something changes quick, I don't know they're gonna make the post season. But what's funny is the is the Rangers actually in the postseason right now at fifty seven and fifty eight, which is also.
Speaker 1: Under five hundred. Not great. Can we show the wildcard standings too while we're.
Speaker 4: We're watching it? Like the standings right now do not matter. The standings do not matter right now because it can change, but it's not changing. In the oh, man, this team just got hot, like the Red Sox have totally distanced themselves. They want another seven straight whatever they are like twenty five and two in their last twenty seven games. I'm not watching right now. The Orioles are ahead of the Mariners. The Rangers are in the playoffs today unless there's some kind of coin flip scenario since will never have Game one sixty three. But it doesn't matter right now. I do not care. Look at look at the last ten, the last ten of the the four teams that are on the fringe of the wildcard. I'm sorry, five teams including in Minnesota, six teams including the Tigers. Doesn't matter. Five and five, six and four, ooh, the Ores are hot. Three and seven, the Guardians four and six, the Rangers, they're all under five hundred. I don't care about the standings right now. I haven't looked at the standings in three weeks in the American League because it does not matter right now.
Speaker 1: Somebody's gonna get that third wildcard and there's so many teams involved, but it'll take it. No, I get what you're saying, it doesn't matter right now. I don't want to say none of them care. A couple of them went for it, and a couple of them didn't. The weird thing about the bye sell the trade deadline is that some of the teams that sell are the same record wise as some of the teams that buy. I mean, the Mariners are an example. They did a light by AJ. But the Tigers, the team they're facing and the team that they're neck and neck with in the standings, sold away two of their best starting pitchers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Rangers didn't do anything. They sold Josh Smith, right, they didn't do anything, and people said, what do they do anything? So and they're in the postseason right now. It's a crazy year in the American League. I mean, we can look at the Pirates. We said this on trade deadline day, the Pirates are under five hundred. They had the same record as the Rangers, and the Pirates were like, we.
Speaker 2: Want to buy, we want to buy, we want to buy. Where the Rangers like, why are we buying? Or five hundred or right at five hundred? What's the point? So it's a crazy year in the American League.
Speaker 3: Everyone is mediocre dog whatever, you know, they're all mediocre dog bleep. I mean it's like everyone except for the Rays right now, who are raised Yankees are in the Red Sox are kind of the three that have separated themselves from this five hundred mess that is the American League.
Speaker 4: Do you want to look at the standings every night to see if the Rangers, who had Jacob de Gram said yeah, go to Atlanta, would be off the team? Like so what if they're half a game up on somebody, Like I don't. I don't think unless they start a team starts showing something where it's like, yeah, we're gonna take this, we're gonna take this division, we're gonna take this third wild card spot. By the way they play on the field, I'm like, whatever, I definitely want to watch the games. I just am not like, ooh a half a game him up? All a game out? Need o gang.
Speaker 1: H Which team do you like the best of those?
Speaker 2: I mean it's still the Mariners for me right now?
Speaker 4: I mean, how the Orioles. How the Orioles make make a run at it with They just got rid of Taylor Ward, who had the best one base percentage. They got rid of their starting catcher. I get it, he was hurt Adley Rutchman like he was their all star. How do the how do the let's see who else Tigers don't even like stop? Like, if they do it, it'll be so cool because it'll be Max Clark and McGonagall and whoever else they figure out to pitch nobody right So, And I don't think the Rangers. I don't think the Rangers have the have the pizzazz to do it. I don't think they have like de Grim's like, nah, I don't want to go so he could he could help him. They've Alady could help them. But I just I don't know. I'm kind of I guess I'm kind of indifferent on them. I think the Mariners have the most want to in them, just based on watching these teams from AFAR.
Speaker 1: MM hmm okay, but yeah, they're all they're all close enough right now.
Speaker 3: Mans also have the best team on paper. I mean, let's not that's it also matters as something it should matter at some point. The Mirrors have the best team on paper.
Speaker 4: How long can we say that? How long have we said that? We've said that for so long? And they made additions and now like, is it is it August now? So Julio is gonna step up? Is it his nailor gonna be the guy that they wanted? I mean, you're gonna see you're gonna see progression. No way, Cow's gonna continue to do what he's done. So he's going to get better. He'll probably hit two hundred this year. And for him to get to two hundred that would be just an epic August and September. So yeah, I agree with you, But man, it's just you would think they would have taken a stranglehold on this division and they haven't.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm yeah. For I mean, he's been consistently above average, you know, all star ish level with his bat for years. You could make some knocks on the defense there, but I mean last year one thirty seven ops plus year before one, twenty four, one, thirty one, twenty one, all the way back to I'm back to twenty twenty two. This year, he's at ninety six. Is he terrible now? Is he anywhere near what he was the last five years?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Not right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but also cal Raley, I mean you can throw cal Rally in there too. And Julio is not having a great year. There's really nobody on this team. JP Crawford's falling off a cliff. Let's not uh, forget about kings Damn. Ken Zone is the one guy that's doing well. I mean, Cole Young are the two guys that are really doing it for him right now. So but the other guys, of all, it's all been struggle from from all their veteran guys, most of their veteran guys they were counting on. Randy's been fine, right, but Julio, Naylor, Raleigh, JP Crawford, all, I mean, even Emerson, who they want to say, is this, you know, great guy? He's he's actually I mean when I did their game a week ago, he was hitting under two hundred, so it's like he was on fire either. So, I mean they're built on pitching, but at some point, you got to score some sort of runs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Krats their big offseason acquisition, who I like a lot, doesn't even have one hundred abs this year in Brendan Donoman.
Speaker 4: Which, hey, you know what, that's huge he comes back, that would be huge for them. But it's gotta it's gotta get going because I mean now you're talking about trying to make a wildcard. That division is still within range. But trying to make a wildcard is tough, especially when you have that many teams all muddled around mediocrity.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Hey, do you know the team with the second best record in baseball right now? One at a time?
Speaker 2: Verse are the best. So it's not the Yeah, it's a team the Dodgers are the Rays.
Speaker 1: It's a team that's won seven in a row. Brod Sock Braves.
Speaker 2: Oh, to forget about the forget about Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then there's so much sarcasm because everybody trashed their deadline. They're like, see their deadline slapped. They've won seven in a row. No, they're playing ball. No, it's not a good correlation, but good for them. They're playing ball right now. I really like the Braves. They need a couple of the young guys to eventually be a thing too. I mean you would think, right like young Smith going to well Smith shover, I mean he's still young. No, if he comes back and can do some things for them, Will they have a Rinaldo Lopez in October that can pitch well? Will they have a healthy Robert Torrez that can pitch well? Like there are arms there, they're just I mean this this it in April with or even before that March with the injuries. Right, Schwellenbach and a couple others went down really fast and it started to spin. But record wise, they're looking good.
Speaker 4: They probably got off. They probably got off the with the least amount of heat. About not making a push at Schooble, I think that's fair. I think a team like that was Sale and Schooble. But we didn't give them. We didn't give them much heat. They would have traded Schwellenbach for Scooble. Straight up.
Speaker 1: This is that time of year, AJ. It is Baseball's time to shine, and it is sea Geek's time to shine with MLB tickets and finding the best pricing seating and games that are even sold out available on sea geek.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, if you want to go to the biggest matchups coming up. We have Yankees Cubs coming up. Where's Yankees red Sox? That means stuff Again, there's some big moments that are coming up here in the as the penachases really heat up. Go to c can find those green tickets with the best deals and get yourself out to an MLB game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're straightforward with you. They will actually put a red dot next to a ticket that they don't feel is your best. Look. Green dot means very good code for you. It's Territory ten ten percent off your next set of MLB tickets at sekeek. That's ten percent off MLB tickets when you use the promo code Territory one zero. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app and have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later. An injury suckboy, at least we start with a positive Aaron Judge resuming some light activity crats and the best quote that you can hear if you're a Yankees fan, when he was asked if he remains confident that he'll play again this season, was like a kidding me. He goes, oh, I'll be back this season. I don't know why would be. That was always the plan to come back sooner than later, definitely, But I never had a thought of not playing this year, and I believed that, and now I was like, I don't know when that's going to be, But it sounds like he could get back maybe in a few weeks.
Speaker 4: That's optimistic. It really all depends on what his what his ramp up looks like, or even what he has been doing. He hasn't just been coming to the ballpark sitting on the bench high fiving guys like. There's a lot that you do during this stuff that can be very meticulous, and it's a good sign that it's showing healing. It's also a great sign that as soon as Aaron Boone Aaron Boone's quote was, as soon as he found out that it's progressing and that he's able to do some baseball activities, the next thing he saw was Aaron judge and pinstripes and some nails on, put his cleats on and went out to the outfield and started running around like it's huge. He's chomping at the bit he sees the boys are doing and he wants to get back out there. So any positive move forward here is great for the Yankees and great to have one of the best players back on the field for baseball.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and then you add Judge back, and what does this team look like? I mean, John Carlow should come back too. I know he could end up hitting the shelf again, but the version of this team in October could look very different. The thing I've been using lately is to say, hey, if you've got the starting pitching surplus, that can start turning into even more bullpen help, right to me? If Judge comes back, and forget even Stanton, because you have the hitting depth even without John Carlow to fill up your dhpot with somebody good. So even if you don't get John Carlo, and I think you will, you like the rotation. You should like the bullpen, right, Okay, I mean okay, I think good enough though to when you playoff games and not feel like, oh my gosh, what are we doing? Maybe you disagree, but I think good enough. Yeah, is it the most stable in my feeling as good about it as the padres now. And then I think the lineup should be almost as good as any in baseball. I know it doesn't look good now when Judge leeves, but you know it's been the same story. I'm not going to fall for it. It's like what Noah Hailes has told us with the Pirates. You know that they're usually going to fade and they're going to let you down at the deadline because they didn't couldn't find a nickel. But in this case, when Judge comes back, they're.
Speaker 4: Going to hit, you know.
Speaker 1: I think Bounder's gonna hit more down the stretch. I do think John Carler is coming back. I liked the pickups because I think it gave them more depth. The biggest thing they probably did was Lombard up and Foldby down. I know he's got a hit, but I don't even he doesn't have to be a star, But I think that's going to give them a lot more on offense that there's a lot that they did recently to me that makes the lineup look more full on a day to day basis, especially for a lineup that really likes to platoon. They're going to do a lot of that with the guys that they just brought in, like Rcia Ramos.
Speaker 4: Feels more in place. Their lineup feels more in place. It feels like, Okay, we're gonna put We're gonna put Cabairo out and left. He hasn't played a lot of left. He's gonna be admirable. He's gonna get the ball out quick. He's gonna throw it. It's not gonna be super accurate because he doesn't play out there very much. Okay, we want to get Volpi in. You know, it just feels more, It feels more in place. Does it feel like a fuller lineup? Yeah, obviously, you know you have anytime you add the potential in Elio Ramos, who was an All Star, anytime you add in the potential of damage in Luis Garcia, Louis Garcia Junior to be able to just add some pop off the bench if they started a lefty and it was Goldie to starting him in the lineup, Like, I just think they're going to hit the ball, but they're gonna hit the ball at positions that each of those players play. It just felt like too many guys were out of position. You know, even even when you have a Jason Domingez playing left field where he's kind of struggled, or a Spencer Jones playing left field, where he hasn't gotten a lot of time in the big leagues. But they're both center fielders, and so it was like, Okay, well, Jason Dominguz struggling left, We're gonna put him in center. Spencer, you play left, I haven't played there a lot. Oh well, this is just what we gotta do. You know, cabiiro is out and right. It just felt like they didn't have quite the team and the positions and the moves that they made. Now everybody's Elliot Ramos is a left fielder. Luis Garcia Junior, while I should play every day, is gonna play against Righty's and he's gonna play first base, Goldie's. Goldie was having an incredible year. And if you add in Judge, you have to add in you know, John Carlo at some point. The biggest piece though, that will complete this team and make them, in my opinion, the best in the American League. Cody Belder what he looks like when he comes back.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, which version will you get?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Al East will stay there for a moment. Red Sox on fire rolland can't lose, can't lose series. All that just we're in the injury segment here. So Tristan Costas surgery on his left risk risk arthroscopic today, the team announced, So, I mean, you're not going to see him this year. So it's another lost season for him. They've moved on, right, I mean, Tristan Cossas was the first baseman they picked up Wilson contrast this offseason. That's working out for them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they knew it was part of their immediate moves for this season, and good for them. Tough for Tristan Cossas. Now, he's got to be, like I'm gonna say ninety three percent of big leaguers at some point in their career, you got to re establish yourself. You got to prove it that you're worth being in the big leagues for whatever team it's going to be. If it's Boston, great, if it's not. There's plenty of big league teams, but you got to reprove yourself.
Speaker 1: Yes, Next up, Joe Ryan is hurt. He sometimes has trouble in the second half. Man, he's so good when he starts the season. And Dan Hayes reported that you know he's gone by to Minnesota going to get evaluated. They're calling it a lower half issue and we can show the quotes here. So he's supposed to start on Sunday. I think that already got wiped away, right. I don't think he got eye led yet unless I missed it. But he's definitely in some trouble here. He was asked if it's a mechanical issue with his delivery, and he goes, quote, that's probably part of it. I don't know what's necessarily causing that side of it. Then get to asked if you feel like he's physically capable of executing his delivery, and he said no, definitely not.
Speaker 4: Injuries undisclosed. Injuries are tough to con tough to comment on other than and comment on the fact that at this point in the year, if you're one hundred percent, I got a limb and say you haven't really pushed the limits too hard. Just nobody's one hundred percent, is what I'm saying. Especially a guy that's taking the ball every five days, you're dealing with something. This is a place where the Dodger really have an advantage. They can say show, hey, you don't need to push through this knee or bicep, whatever it is that's flaring up. And other teams don't necessarily have that, and hopefully this is something that's quick for Joe Ryan. But you're pushing through something and you try to figure it out. And that's why the best players are that much better than other players, because they're able to play through injuries and still succeed at a big ley level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and losing Joe Ryan for any semblance of time would be trouble. Twins have lost. I believe it's four in a row entering today. Noah Cameron really was lights out against them last night in their loss. So we'll see if the Twins have something in them. The Reds are they were lost in space at the trade deadline. Now they lose Hunter Green again. Injured list for him. He's going to see doctor Neil elatrosh today discomfort in his right elbow after a side session on Tuesday, had the MRI. So now he's going to get checked out. Not great, damn it, that's it.
Speaker 4: He can't like you don't add this is It's tough to see. It's tough to see because yes, you know, he was a prospect all that stuff. To me, I felt like he turned the corner and he really hasn't pitched this year. And it's another reason you try not to pitch through certain types of injuries because if they're not one hundred percent healed, other parts of your body start to break down. And this you never want to see a visit to any doctor to get a second opinion a first opinion about a pitcher's elbow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's been a bad year for the Reds overall. Okay, Brewers thriving on a nightly basis. They get Kyle Harrison back. He did have to leave his start, and everyone's like, ah, but it's okay. It's cramping. That seems to be a thing.
Speaker 4: With the Brothers.
Speaker 1: It seems to be a thing. And apparently he said he was trying all the remedies. Hot cinnamon stuff he called it, and also a shot of pickle juice.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: Hydration is a life choice. Hydration is a pre pre game. You're drinking ten bottles of water from the end of the night before game to the beginning of when you get to the park. You're drinking your electrolytes. You're having your And I know for a fact because I played for the Brewers, and some of the trainers that are that were there are still there. They have all that out there now. The Miz hasn't had any cramps recently, but he was dealing with cramps. You know, Kyle Harrison, they gotta figure it out. You gotta like to come out with double caff cramps. That's crazy, it you have. He has to. When you're drinking during the game, you're only just maintaining the levels that you have, not Oh yeah, I had seven bottles of water during the game. Too late, you're thirsty, It's too late. Yeah, that's what he said.
Speaker 1: That's what he said.
Speaker 2: That's what he said.
Speaker 1: That's what he said. And so Kevin Gosman's full of quotes. I'm going to talk about one first and then we'll show another one. But you know, he kind of hinted to the team that it wouldn't be the best thing ever if he had to face his old squad right away. You know, he obviously would have pitched, but he was just like, yeah, if you know, wait, you know, a little bit longer.
Speaker 4: What did he say?
Speaker 1: Shyed to Beat tweeted this today. Just caught up with Gosman in the clubhouse. He said he didn't necessarily ask his start to get pushed past the blue Jays, but he was like, can we not? I just know it would be a lot. I just want to focus on trying to win a game, and there's a lot more pitching against him. I think I could do it. I know those hitters pretty well over their strengths weaknesses. I think it would be a lot mentally. But he said really close to a lot of those guys and wish him nothing but the best. The whole deal there, right, So there's that, and then we also have the quote about what it's like to be at Wrigley versus where he was at. So let's run it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it's really fun, you know. Obviously playing a team like the Dodgers, uh, brings the best out of everybody, which is good.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny.
Speaker 6: My wife is the first time she's been here, and after the first day she was here, you know, she said, it's so different than Toronto, and I was like, yeah, the focus is baseball. You know, it's it's real grass, you know, it's outside, you know, so there's a lot of different things than what we're used to. But we're excited for all the new experiences.
Speaker 1: What does he mean there?
Speaker 4: What that that's that's my question. My question is, I mean the first part is the focus is baseball, like at is he taking a shot at the surroundings of the game, like the sense of like are they more interested in the songs in between at bats? Are they?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: I feel like Chicago can be a little bit of a distractable place too. A lot of celebrities going around, a lot of bleacher creatures, a lot of stuff. We just talked about the IVY, but cups, yeah, stacking cups, Like, there's a lot of a lot of shticks going on. But I mean, clearly Gozman felt like maybe it was a little bit less baseball centric. I would say in Toronto is how I'm taking it. The fact that there's it's real grass, it's outside, I'll be honest. His wife doesn't want to go there in April in Chicago, and nobody wants to play outside in April in Toronto because I remember there's still ice on the lake when I played in Toronto in April, and so I was very thankful for the roof to be closed. So I don't know, the fuck, Yeah, I think it feels like it was a little bit of a shot at just what's going on. You know, surrounding the fields.
Speaker 1: I wish someone got a follow up in there, and maybe they did. That was the clip that was posted all over the place. But it's not even just to cover his tracks. It's also just a legitimate follow up, like what do you mean give us more? Did you experience things that didn't feel like baseball versus here Gossman have a hard time seeing him taking a direct shot. It almost felt indirect where he's like, you know, there's a lot of other stuff going on there and here, and you're like, wait, wait what.
Speaker 4: I think? And I think I mentioned it on here and got roasted talking about how sometimes in the locker room, like you get some people that come into the locker room that never cover baseball, and they ask questions that are not at all, like I can tell you're not pertaining, like you don't you don't know what's going on here, So sometimes that's more distracting. I equated it to the playoffs where they kind of give a lot of people different microphones to come into the clubhouse, but not never felt like anything like fan wise or or outside of that, like the Blue Jays fans. I mean, if you haven't been to a back to back day game with the roof open. In Toronto on a weekend they do the Saturday Day Game, Sunday Day Game. Something about that energy and all that's going on, the sunshining, the batter's box, turning, the concrete, all that stuff is it is to me, it's an electric place to play. And I think Rigley's probably the same. It's funny because he said his wife had never been there. I felt like every wife always went to Chicago, rarely go to the game. The shopping is tremendous in Chicago.
Speaker 1: Chicago in the summertime in general, I mean Toronto in the summertime. Those places no how to summer because they know how to winter.
Speaker 4: The winter is coming, as the Game of Thrones, winter is coming for both of those cities.
Speaker 1: Just a quick one. On the way out, we spoke about the Christian yellig story and some Bruis fans were like, there wasn't that much booing going on, and we acknowledged that too. We weren't there and we were just rolling the sound from Pat Murphy. What do the classy Brewers fans do the next day when Yelich comes through with an RBI dubuff, Paul Skenes for the first run of the game, standing.
Speaker 4: Out standing out. You knew they would, You knew they would, Like I said, my person on the inside there said it was a definite strict minority the other night. And you know what, boo that fan boo those fans, those five guys who had a few too many Millers that night. Like, that's not that's not Brewers fans last night, that's Brewers fans. Christian Yellis is gonna be a huge part of this run that the Brewers are going to make this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I know you always do your New York thing where it's like, boo, you stink, Give me a baseball, Sign my bat, sign my glove. It's five dudes with gloves in the outfield that are above the age of forty five yo.
Speaker 4: So cousin's birthday, Give me a ball.
Speaker 7: They don't talk like that in Milwaukee, Nocent, Christian Yelich, guy, if you don't mind giving me a ball, I'll put in my big and we'll u it's going to be great.
Speaker 4: We'll go up to the dells right afterwards. It's going to be an amazing time out here with some cheese cards and.
Speaker 1: Let me throw in a boo at the boo crats.
Speaker 4: That's what you got. I mean, since we're talking about the guys last night days here to shore, how could I not wear my Milwaukee Brewers America hat. They're celebrating two hundred and fifty years down here at Ocean City, New Jersey. It just feels feels so patriotic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, on our way out here. Actually, yeah, you see Mike Kruco's retiring. That was during the show. The announcement came out. So I don't have all the info, but we love you. Sent out by the San Francisco Giants account. Thirty five years I think was the run for her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, really good, thirty five, thirty six somewhere in there. That's incredible.
Speaker 1: A really nice and unique Listen when you listen to Giants games. You know what I'm saying, Like, it's nice and it's it's just it's different. It's peaceful, I would say a lot of the time in the right way. But you know, like enthusiasm, but those two just flow.
Speaker 4: H they don't get they don't get too excited. They they ride, they ride the they ride the highs pretty well and the lows pretty well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they hate the Dodgers. And the Dodgers have a live show that comes up next after us with Alan of Katie and Clint, so you can yell at them if you think that they're unfair, but they've also lost six in a row, so be kind. We'll see Friday. H