Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use Code Money Moves. That's Code Money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and one four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling. Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on the amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See DKNG dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: I'm Shannon Sharp, and I'm also a roast sponsor. Roast Sparks are amazing for guys who want to boost in the bedroom because they work fast and last long. Listen, We're about to get a little explicit. So you heard it from me, Maybe you heard too much from me how much I love roast sparks. But I'm not the only one. These reviews are for grown folks. Only one person said, while my wife and I went on vacation for five days, I used roast Sparks a couple of times and we had fun nine times fun in that week alone. Okay, cut, I'm talking about that. What I'm talking about right there. That's him. Another customer said, boom, I'm superman. I carre roast barks in my pocket at all time, full stop. And lastly someone says, I'm not bragging, but my wife actually tapped out for the first time.
Speaker 3: And year calls it. The UFC made to give it up.
Speaker 2: If prescribe you get fifteen dollars off your first order of medication to get hard connect with the provider online row dot co slash nightcap to find out if roast barks are right for you. That's Roe r O dot co co slash Nightcap. Hello ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode Nightcap. Hopefully you watch the Lions walk it off twenty six twenty three over the Texans in a game that was very, very sloppy but got really good at the end. Oho seven total turnovers, seven I in ts five by Jerry Golf, two by C. J. Stroud, as the Lions improved to eight and one, best record in the NFC. As they go on the road and take down the Houston Texans twenty six twenty three, they walk it off late with a field goal. Thank you for joining us for Nightcap. I am your favorite Uncle Shannon Sharp. He is your favorite. Number eighty five Cincinnati Bengal Ring of Fame, honoree the Legendary Pro Bowl of the all Pro Liberty Cities owned. That's Chad Ocho Senko Johnson. Just call it Moho. Make sure you hit that subscribe button. Make sure you hit that like button. Tell your family, friends and love one to all also subscribe and hit that like button and do it so solid. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Every subscriber counts, every subscriber matters, and we thank you for mattering. Thank you for your support, your lawty, and your devotion from the start all the way to now, because without you, that can be no us and we greatly greatly appreciate your support. Make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We do have it in stop and with the holidays right around the corner. You got Thanksgiving, you got Christmas, you got New Year's. If you can't find it in a state or a city near you, because we have it in stock and we have it overflowed. We stocked up, make sure you get it for your holidays. Just hey, we'll get it right to your door. So thank you again for your support with Shave by Laportier. Please go follow my media company page on all platforms. That's shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. We had a release drop last month. I was held when I was well. I'll lie for you before I lie to you. In T shirts, we have black nightcap hoodies and by popular demand, Stay with Me Now is also in a hoodie form, and of course our best seller, which is the unkin Oho T's.
Speaker 3: We got lots of requests.
Speaker 2: It's a guy look, man, can you get us an unkin Oho T in black? We listened and we dropped that last week. It's up and available. Quantities are limited, so make sure you grab yours while supplies. Last OH Show, rookie kicker Jake Bates walked it off with.
Speaker 3: A fifty two yarder.
Speaker 2: He tied it up with a fifty eight yarder as the Lions rally to beat the Texans twenty six, twenty three. Jared Goff through five one, two, three, four, five interceptions, So sinko sinko interceptions. This one is gonna hurt because there's no way you're supposed to lose a game, Ohoe at home when the opposing teams turns it over five times. Houston held a twenty three to seven lead at the break, only to watch it evaporate. The Texans lost three of the last four games, fall to six and fourth, six and four. There's still a top the LC South, and they're getting new kill Ko Collins back next week, which should help. But Nico wasn't the reason why they lost him. Not having him wasn't the reason. Big question about this team, Steily remains after tonight, Yeah, you gotta win this game.
Speaker 3: On Joe.
Speaker 1: You have to.
Speaker 3: You're at home, you're up.
Speaker 2: But cj Bro, you can't come out out of halftime and throw a pick oh Joe. How many times a people, a fan, a listening audience, I'm youwing audio, how many times have you heard O Joe and I say, if you're late with that out ball, it's gonna get picked if the guy can catch. Now, if he can catch, he's gonna pick it. If he can't catch, you're gonna knock it down. But it's not gonna be in completion. When you late, he's off. He's in a clue position. So that tells you automatically you can't be late with it, right because.
Speaker 3: He driving, O Joe, He's already that way he driving.
Speaker 5: And if anything, if you're gonna, if you're gonna miss, don't miss inside, miss wide and outside.
Speaker 3: It's not it's incomplete out of bounds.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you got to be one of the other You can't. You can't leave it inside. It is one other way.
Speaker 2: Gift card and Davis a lot of credit because he Doe made a heck go play on the ball. He had two outstanding interceptions. I don't know why cj on the second. The first interception put so much air on it, Joe, What does he think that that Carlton David was gonna give up on the plate?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You know what I think? Was it the pressure you think.
Speaker 3: He had? He rolled out of the pocket. He threw in the end zone.
Speaker 1: That Carlton Davis got that.
Speaker 2: There was no pressure on him. He had an easy throw. He even directed and told me. And I don't know why he didn't put put it more on the line because Carlton David sees that his beat, so he's running full speed. The last thing you wanted to do is have an opportunity to break that ball up when he's that wide open. I know you don't want to overshoot him, but you got to put it more on the line. Yeah, we still have more questions than answers about the Houston Texans. Uh. They've lost three of the last four. The turnovers are starting to mount. CJ is starting to turn the ball over a lot more than than he even did last year. And they're good team. They're a really good team that didn't run the ball particularly well tonight. Give Detroit a credit because they got a good defensive front. Now that was they played that game without z Zadarius Smith. But when you look at McNeil and Pascal, they they clawed that middle. They do a great job of collapsing interior. Now when they get z gonna heat off the edge.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's gonna especially on passing downs.
Speaker 2: And their secondary is improving game by game. Branch and Joseph and those guys, they're getting better.
Speaker 1: They're better and better. They're getting better.
Speaker 5: We got to get tyry on Onod to be a little bit more patient, building more patient look back for the ball. Too many, too many passing appearance played, too many holding twenty holding pilties. Every single game, he's getting called for something, sometimes two and three a game.
Speaker 2: They might could have got him on that the last play that on that third on that third down, they could have easy.
Speaker 1: They called it. Yeah, they could have called it easy. They let it go. Though, they let it go.
Speaker 5: They didn't want that to be the deciding factor, you know, in the game, in the game. But he, I mean, he got to work. He got to work on that, you know, using your eyes. Many playing with your eyes instincts. Stop being so handsy and look back for the ball a little bit. Look back for the ball.
Speaker 1: Some of them. You know, it's different if you look back.
Speaker 5: I know most DB's they panic when they can't see and they see the receiver's eyes get big. If you look back for the ball early, man and keep yourself position, nine times out of ten you'll be able to make a play on the ball, and most of the time times you'll be able to pick it.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: And I think the thing is, I'm watching this game. The Lions offensive coordinator got afraid to call this game. They were started just handing the ball off the Gibbs and handing the ball off to Montgomery I'm like, bro, it's thirty seven, y'all at the fifty yard line, and y'all hand the ball off straight dive because they had gotten I mean, I'm looking at some of those interceptions. Ain't nowhere in hell golf thought those guys were open. The guys wouldn't even used to be an open O Joe. I'm like, bro, look I get it. You know, it's it's kind of like it's like anything else, O Joe. You know, you get a touchdown, it's easier to get another touchdown. You know, you get a sack, it's easy to get another sack. Because normally we say things happen in bunches. You know, you get a bunch of sacks, you get a bunch of catches, you get a bunch of touchdown. Same thing with an interception. God throws one, and all of a sudden he throws another. Damn, that's two in another, And in his mind he's like, well, hey, I might who just keep slinging it. But the lions in the court that said, hell nah, because you killing us?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, most definitely. That's why he stopped.
Speaker 5: That's why he stopped calling the normal offense in which we are so how can we get the ball out of Golf's hands until we feel he's a little bit more comfortable.
Speaker 2: They started screening, screening them to death. They threw the swing that had your gibbs on one side, on one side, on the offset of the quarterback, and they running behind and throw it to him so he'll get from a great block. They run a dram break screen almind Saint Brian for the touchdown. They started doing everything they could. Heye, throw the ball.
Speaker 5: That's perfect, though, you know, you know what Ben Johnson is doing when he does that. Yo, what Let's get Golf a little Let's get him comfortable again. Let's get him in rhythm with some easy throwers. Get the ball out of his hands and get him.
Speaker 2: Because you're thinking too much, Now geta one two three, a screen one two three, jail break one two three, quick out one through three stick route. I don't want you thinking, because you're killing us.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, you probably hurting your damnself too because the Heatersay, hey, I was thinking about something. I hope you don't hurt yourself. I'm looking him like, bro, what are you doing? What do you see?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm?
Speaker 3: But this is a good team.
Speaker 2: Oho, when you can go on the road and you turn the ball over five times and you're still come away with a victory, this is a good team.
Speaker 3: This is a very good team. They're very well coached.
Speaker 2: They did not paint it, you know, Uh, Campbell, I couldn't hear what he said, but I think I could try to read his lip. I think he said about defense. Need to come out here and shut him down the first drive and ride on. Shoot Cal Davis gets a pick and now all of a sudden, we got Now we got a ball game. What a lead that could have been extended. It could have been twenty sixty seven, it could have been thirty to seven. Now all of a sudden boom. But hell, if I'm not mistaken, what'd you call him? Come back and give it right back to him? He throw it in and threw it interception. Yeah, golf, he did. He did not play well today.
Speaker 5: Not not at all. It was a sloppy game. It's funny. It's probably makes no sense. It was a sloppy ass game, but it was a good game at the same time. Yes, it's weird.
Speaker 2: Texas going to be kicking themselves. You have a sixteen point lead at home. You take the ball away five times, you only give it away two times. Yeah, that's gonna hurt.
Speaker 5: And you know they didn't capitalize. They didn't capitalize enough on those turnovers. No, you got to capitalize on them turnovers. You capitalize on.
Speaker 3: On one or two of those.
Speaker 1: One or two of those were you good?
Speaker 2: Bright, But here's the thing on some of those turnovers that they got CJ. Turner right and gave it right back to.
Speaker 1: Them, back to them. Yeah, so everything even doubt it did it did.
Speaker 2: So the Lions walk it off. Rookie Jake Bates, he kicked a fifty eight yarder to tie the game. Uh, and then and then at twenty three and then Fairburn, he misses a fifty eight yarder that would have given given them a three point lead. Golf leads him down, and here's the rookie trots out there on the field kicks a fifty two yard as time expires.
Speaker 3: As they win the game.
Speaker 2: The Lions go on the road, walk it off twenty six, twenty three over the Texans. The Lions on the best record in the NFC with a record of eight and one. The Eagles go on the road and drub the Cowboys, Kyle said, set a dubious record. They have now trailed by at least twenty points in their last five home games. That's the first time in NFL history that's happened.
Speaker 3: The sunlight rob CD of a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Remember the engineer advised Jerry not to build a stadium in that direction of the setting sun. Reporter asked CD, are you in favor of a curtains ce D said yes. Reporter said, will you tell Jerry that? I mean, y'all are doing my job for me right now. But Jerry had did you see the quote what Jerry saying about the thing they asked him about it? He said, well, won't we better damn new stadium. He's like everybody knows the sun He's frustrated. So Jerry kind of snapped a little bit, and but hey, it is what it is. Jerry Jones won't fire Mike McCarthy. He says he will not make an nd season coaching move.
Speaker 1: I don't know you think.
Speaker 2: So this is what Jerry said, The owner's lie.
Speaker 1: You can't holy word, you can't. You can't holy word. You take that with a grain of salt.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: Frustrated Jerry Jones says some comments about the sun impacting the play at AT and T Stadium. That was one play. Okay, so now they lose thirty four to thirteen. They got to ask kick that the sun one play?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I frustrated.
Speaker 2: Jerry Jones had some comments about the sun impacting the planet at and T AT and T Stadium. By the way, we know where the sun is going to be when we decide to flip the corner. Not we do know where the damn son is going to be in our own stadium. Everybody's got the same thing. Every team that comes in here has the same issues. I'm saying, the world knows where the sun is. You get to know almost about year in advance. Someone asked me about the sun. What about the sun? Where's the boom?
Speaker 3: Jerry?
Speaker 2: Excuse me, guys man, Jared, Hey, look here, that's what happens when you're three and six. Your starting quarterback is done for the season that you paid sixty million dollars.
Speaker 3: You have not lived up to expectation. Yeah, oh, Joe.
Speaker 2: There was a point in time that people said, y'all should let that go and sign Cooper Rush. Cooper Rush was thirteen of twenty three for forty five yards. The starting quarterback in the NFL game Cooper Rush and Trey Lance was nineteen of twenty No.
Speaker 3: Seventeen of twenty nine for sixty six yards.
Speaker 5: Hey, you know that playbook. You know how much that playbook shrink when you don't have your starting quarterback. Boy like this boy, playbook be about this big.
Speaker 1: Only there's only.
Speaker 3: So much you can do. There's only so much you.
Speaker 5: Can do because there's a reason a person is a starter, and theres a reason the person is a backup. If the backup was the main thing, then the main thing would have been the main thing, and he wouldn't have been the backup.
Speaker 2: So when you factor had sacks, Ojo the Cowboys was seventeen or twenty nine for forty nine yards. NFL starting quarterbacks passed the ball in four quarters in an NFL game for less than fifty yards.
Speaker 1: That sounds bad.
Speaker 3: They had ninety seven yards rushing on twenty four.
Speaker 1: Carries, and god damn Bray, But Jared.
Speaker 2: Did a great job of assembling this roster. That's what he told you. Oh yeah, he got upset it he got upset. And three to have a guy removed from his job because he asked it. Jerry tell Kate, nobody do a better job than me. Yeah, Well, if Kate nobody do a better job than you. The question there, Jared, let me ask you a question. If somebody else other than you had built this rock Foster, would he still have this job?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not, absolutely not. They would have been five, probably two games ago.
Speaker 2: That The problem that Jerry has is that he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room, and he wants to be, but he doesn't realize he shouldn't be. Jerry knows just enough to be dangerous. He knows just enough to f up his team. Exhibit A, Exhibit B, Exhibit C. I like to I like to put all of those.
Speaker 1: He knows just enough to be dangerous. You know what, hold on? Hold on, man, I'm at a later date. I'm not sure whin I could use that man.
Speaker 3: Oh, cho, that is pathetic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's bad, it's bad. Listen.
Speaker 5: Normally I would pile on the Cowboys right now, but there's really nothing else I can say.
Speaker 1: I think I think for myself.
Speaker 5: I feel bad for the Cowboys players, I feel bad for the fans. I continuously say this, I've said it the past three weeks and nothing seemed to change. I thought maybe things would turn around. Michael Parsons came back today. I thought maybe they might have had a chance. Maybe they could have made it close, maybe made it the game. They would have competed a little better. But I didn't get I didn't get none of the above.
Speaker 2: No, I don't feel bad as long as Jerry the hell, I'm not going to feel bad.
Speaker 1: But you don't feel bad at all of the player.
Speaker 2: Not long as Jerry called them the shots. No, absolutely not, because how could I feel bad for the baby snakes If I don't like the snake? How can I feel bad for his players? If the guy that's in charge I really don't have a whole lot of use for. And everybody knows why. I make no secrets about that.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay. Twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah I do.
Speaker 2: I when I see Michael, oh, oh, your church camera down a little bit mine?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, well my head, well my head big, yeah, you can see me now.
Speaker 3: Yeah. We want to make sure we have enough room.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I thought you're trying to go. I thought you're trying to.
Speaker 3: Make fun of my head. Noah nah.
Speaker 2: Well, like I said, the only really Cowboys that I've ever seen, you know, was probably Micah Diggs.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's Dak his rookie year.
Speaker 2: But other than that, I don't really I don't you know, hey, I don't really go anywhere to really see him.
Speaker 3: Every once in a while, I.
Speaker 2: Might be out here in Vegas and and see a fight or something, but other than that, I'm not really going anywhere that I'm gonna bump into a whole lot of NFL players, don't jo or any for that matter, any professional athlete for that matter. But nah nah. And and the thing is is that it couldn't happen to it. It couldn't happen to a better team. But Jared don't care. Oh Joe, he losing. There's no money because guess what, the fans are gonna show up and believe that they're gonna run the table, make the playoffs, and win the super Bowl every year. Every You can't tell the Cowboy fans they're not not going to run the table, win the division, and make the playoffs.
Speaker 3: You can't convince thembody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I ain't gonna be the one to tell y'all bad news. But y'all not going to the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think.
Speaker 2: They as well go ahead and start tanking and try to get a high pick. HI.
Speaker 3: You pick for what position, it don't matter.
Speaker 2: They need a lot of them. Feel they could use a wide receiver. Obviously, you're not taking a quarterback. You ain't want that kind of You don't want one hundred plus million dollars in their cap space.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: You need a corner opposite the digs. You need a dtackle, You need a mintal linebacker. Okay, you need offensive line. Your offensive line is a very.
Speaker 5: I think that was that should be their first pick. If they pick early, they should get office Alibeen. I like Diggs, I like Bland. I'm not sure Dron Bland not back yet?
Speaker 3: Yeah? He black back. I think you're back. Ain't playing back? Yeah? He back?
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah he had. He had was having a hell of a season last year man before he got injured.
Speaker 2: Jerry says he will not making them season coach. Huh he was out today though, O Joe, he was out today. He's back, but he was out today. H Yes, Sir Bill's trade for Marik Cooper the same week he came in, he scored a touchdown. Was trade for Mike Williams. The same week he comes in, he scored a touchdown. He's trade for DeAndre Hopkins. He scored a touchdown. Jerry got bingo, he was an actor today.
Speaker 5: What I don't I don't know what game? What game we told I can't wait till we get to that game that was bad. That was a good ass game. Bro, I'm gonna wait.
Speaker 2: I mean, the Chief trade for hap he plays right away. Bill's trade for Cooper, he plays right away. Dealers trade for Mike Williams. He plays right away, Jared trade for a guy gave up more draft capital than any of these other guys.
Speaker 3: And these other guys.
Speaker 2: Approbo de Harp has been a multiple Pro Bowl player, as all Pro Cooper has been a Pro Bowl player. Mike Williams and miss Talent. Yeah he is, trade for Jonathan Mingo. He don't even suit up now. You could have when you could have waited till after the season. If you're gonna leave him in acting about Joe right, I mean that.
Speaker 5: Might have been the reason why they did leave him in active. They don't they don't feel he's been there long enough. Obviously you got you got a quarterback that's not starting, the starting, the quarterbacks not playing, you have a backup plan, so you really have no.
Speaker 1: Use in the city offense at any point.
Speaker 2: Did you see did you see Cooper rush today? He been there all this time, but he looked like he hadn't been there, So what was the different? He don't know what the hell he doing, Mingo, don't know what the hell he doing, so they might be perfect.
Speaker 1: Hey, just put him back there and let it wing it out.
Speaker 2: Hey, mingo, you run a stop ride he running? Go Cooper rush? You the bore a touchdown, that's what you got to do it. But your hell, don't nobody know what they're doing? All up out there Like a blind dog in a meathouse. They spelled the meat. Can't see ish man, God for a good terrible held. Look.
Speaker 1: Hey, they got there like a blind dog and the what.
Speaker 3: The blind dog in the meathouse? They smelled the meat but can't see nothing.
Speaker 2: I say, boy, I'm just trying to figure out how does a guy, an NFL quarterback through it for forty five yards?
Speaker 5: Us that all? It's difficult. It's difficult. You can't you can't call. You can't call the office you want to call when you know you ain't got nothing to work with.
Speaker 1: That's what you get hold on.
Speaker 3: He ain't got workers.
Speaker 2: If your business crappic is because you say the employees, the workers are not doing their job? Who hired them? Who hired those workers? Cause Jared quick to tell you that that's him. The buck stops with him. Everything stops on his desk.
Speaker 1: Mm hm.
Speaker 3: So if it's not getting done, whose fault is that?
Speaker 2: Name something that's there, from coaches to secretaries to whatever the case may be, that does not have Jared Jones fingerprint on it. So when it's fed up, who we blaming?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well ship he gonna he gonna say it in him.
Speaker 2: No, he got to say that because he wanted the responsibility he wanted. He wanted the credit. See, you don't realize how good you can be alone. You don't mind who gets the credit. That's his problem. He wants the credit. He desires the credit. He yearns for the credit because he wants people to tell him how great of a job that he's doing.
Speaker 5: How could you still need to hear that at this point of validation as a GM How could Ocho.
Speaker 2: He has no football experience, and he wants to say that, look look at this other owners, Clark Hunt ruin its everybody. If I hire somebody, why am I gonna try to do the show? Why am I gonna try to produce the show? When I hire Ash and I'm paying her money to do it? Why am I hiring to do all this stuff that George's doing? If I'm paying Jordan and all the other employees, why am I gonna tell them how to do graphics?
Speaker 3: How I'm going to how to do editing.
Speaker 2: How I'm gonna tell the social media team to do their job if I'm paying them, if I if I got to tell them, if I'm telling them of doing their.
Speaker 3: Job, I need to fire them. I can save some money. Bam, Jerry.
Speaker 2: If you've got people in position to do what you hired them to do, why are you always over there trying to do it? He want everybody to see him laying helicopter on the field. He wanted everybody to know that he talked to the team before they went out. He's the first one to talk to the team after they him off the field. See, that's what he wants. He desires that no other owner does that.
Speaker 5: I mean, he is a look different. He is a little different when it comes to ownership. But listen, he's stuck in his ways to at this point. Oh yeah, I'm sure he's heard this many of time before.
Speaker 3: Just one other way.
Speaker 2: He's stuck in what twenty eight years without going to the super Bowl, He's stuck in that.
Speaker 3: It's to be twenty nine, to be twenty.
Speaker 1: Nine a long time. You know, I not longer take the bill? Now, who would?
Speaker 3: Do?
Speaker 5: You know how long it take the bill and fix the situations that you're going on. It's just multiple tea's, multiple pieces that you need. That that's about maybe five maybe a five or six run, six year run.
Speaker 2: That would be like the shareholders getting rid of Tim Cook because they're not getting credit.
Speaker 3: Well, we're gonna fight.
Speaker 2: Tim Cook just took the company from three hundred and fifty billion, four hundred billion to blust trillion. But because we're not getting any credit, we're gonna get rid of him because that's what Jerry.
Speaker 1: Did, right, yeah, basically.
Speaker 5: Basically, And and then if there were rumblings, normally it's immediate. That only starts it when they talk about firing a coach in season. You know that always come from in house. Yeah, for sure, it always starts in house. They purposely put that out there just to get to get to get the fire starting, get it bruined. And then the pressure they always like to say, oh, the pressure from the outside that we would be the point of find mister McCarthy. At this point, nothing's gonna change. It's nobody the interim coach. Ain't nothing gonna change.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you, I mean you hired him.
Speaker 2: Oh this is the guy, this guy's what because Mike McCarthy lied. Oh, I watched every last what a Cowboys snap. I've broken them down. He told Jerry that handle that Jared's house. He spend the night at Jared's house. He not chose drinking beer. Tell you what he would can see, Jerry. A lot of times powerful people o jo delight for you to stroke their ego. Tell them what a wonderful job they're doing. Tell them what a brilliant business man they are. What a great general manage you are. I've broken your team down. I think a few tweaks here and there. You have the talent. You've done a great job, Jerry, of assembling talent. The talent is here. Nobody has accumulated more Pro Bowl players, drafted more Pro Bowl players other than the Chiefs the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: So, Jerry, you've done a great job. Jarry said, you think so wow? Oh okay, I haven't heard that.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate that. So he gives him the job. Mike McCarthy, he gets rid of killing more.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: No, there's too much of this fluffy stuff. They're throwing the ball. I like to run the football. I'm gonna running. If you go back and look at my Green Bay team, Mike McCarthy throws the football more than killing Moore ever did.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: But see the more we get into but they had the second best offense, one of the top scoring offense, one of the top offensive as far as total yards kill. The more we're getting credit, see Macarthy getting no credit. You see, how good could you be? I understand when it comes to shay shape media, I'm in front of it. But I'm smart enough to know that I've hired people and put them in place. Do what y'all do.
Speaker 3: Right. Sometimes I have to.
Speaker 2: Say, nah, I don't want to do that, But for the most part, I let them do what they do. I let CJ does what he does at club, let ask do what she does. I let the do what you do.
Speaker 3: I'm cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Michael Parsons Field's worse for teammates like Zach Martin than he does for Mike McCarthy. You want to win games and do great things for those type of legends who put more time in and work than Mike McCarthy ever did.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 1: I don't think he meant to say it like that.
Speaker 3: I don't know what he meant.
Speaker 1: I don't like that. He ain't mean it like that.
Speaker 2: I mean I about to say old peena head ocho. Yeah, he didn't mean to say it like that. Yeah, Hey, how long might be in the McCarthy? Yeah, this is what fifth in fourth or fifth.
Speaker 6: Twenty nineteen to twenty twenty, twenty twenty twenty one, basic fifth year. Yeah, yeah, I understand. I understand what he's trying to say. The way he worded it might not be right and could be taken a little different.
Speaker 3: You know, But what was he trying to say? Zach?
Speaker 5: Zach, Zach's been there for a minute, brother Zach be there for and for him to be on the way out on tail end of his career.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe or maybe not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if he.
Speaker 5: Is going out, this is a horrible way to go. This is a hard This is a very very bad way to go. Zach Martin is not what he once was. But if you're not what you once was, then everything around you has to be that much better. And it's sticking up the place in all three phases, whether it be offense, whether it be defense.
Speaker 1: Hell, the special teams might be bad too.
Speaker 3: This is his full quote. Mike can leave and go wherever he wants.
Speaker 2: Guys I kind of feel bad for, like Zach Martin, guys who might be on their last year, are on their way out, because that's what I want to hold the trophy for. You want to win games, to do great things for those type of ledgers who put more time in and work than Mike McCarthy ever did. Those are the kind of guys that I have so much sympathy and hurt for. Now, do you believe he took it out of context?
Speaker 1: God, Now, when you say it like that.
Speaker 3: I ain't saying like that. He said it like that.
Speaker 1: I know, But you what I'm saying before you just read all that I kind of, I kind of. I thought it might have been.
Speaker 5: Hey, but hey, you think he mad may well, Michael must be mad at Mike mccausey what you mad at all that losing?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 5: Even if even even if you're mad at all the loser, you don't, you don't throw your court, your your coach under the bus like that.
Speaker 2: I know he drove over the top of him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the way. I mean the way you just read. Are you sure that's his quote?
Speaker 3: That's his quote is quoted?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, but that's that's if there's listen, if there's anybody that can get away with it on that team, he's one. He's one of the few that can, especially to be able to say something like that. I listen, you can, you can. You can pump up your boy, Zach Martin, but there was no no, no needy.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you can pump up your guy without crapping on the other guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you do that.
Speaker 2: I get what you're saying now. But in the meantime, we gotta get a uh. We can't leave without talking about the Eagles that put foot filling. James Hurst was fourteen to twenty two hundred and two yards two touchdowns one of eceptions. Kwon Barkley did not have a big day, but the Eagles ran the ball thirty eight times for one hundred and eighty seven yards. A. J. Brown came back after left the game last week five catches for a bucko nine the fifteen. They had two touchdowns. Dallas Goddard had one and Wilson had another. Jayalen Hurst lost the fumber had two turnovers, but they dominated.
Speaker 3: They dominated.
Speaker 2: The best chance they had, Zeke fumbled the ball and gave it him a touch back. Oho, you know what I'm saying. He ball, but it was a great play. Guys hit him Gardner Johnson hit him on one side. The other guy hit him on the other. The ball popside, goes into the end zone. Dejon falls on it. But hey, guess what, They get the ball right back because Jalen hurts FuMB of the football and they set a four field goal. And so but the Eagles fairoughly dominated this game. They sacked the quarterback. They only sacked the quarterback three times. Hurst got sacked five times, two by Overshawan another two by Micah. The defense played a little better after getting after the quarterbacks, they still they two light the bridges to stop the run, Ojo.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 2: Can't everybody, everybody, everybody give them that work when it comes to run in the football.
Speaker 1: Right downhill, downhill right now?
Speaker 3: They don't have enough the guys.
Speaker 2: I mean Ddelle had twelve or fifty three, Zeke had six for twenty two. Lance had three for seventeen. That's not man, who you're gonna beat rushing the ball for less than one hundred yards, O.
Speaker 5: Joe, nobody. But you don't have a running game to begin with. Oh I mean, uh, you don't have a running game to begin with. No, you had one and then minus your quarterback. Now you can't throw the ball either, because you're usually your backup. So now you're down to them. You did down two times? Right, you can't throw, you can't run. What the hell are you supposed to do it?
Speaker 3: How the.
Speaker 2: Well, if you can't run it, you can't throw it. That's kind of you're kind of limited on the offense.
Speaker 3: O Yo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean they don't give you. They only give you two options on offense. You can run it or you can throw it. Now, if you can't do either one of those, you kind.
Speaker 1: Of uh, you get what you got today basically, I mean, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, if I'm the Cowboys, I would think about punting on first or second down and save myself the embarrassment. Yeah, because y'all are what they on. Hold on, let me see what they were on fee the Cowboys were Cowboys were three or fourteen on third down? Yeah, they come out better come punting it. Yeah, three or fourteen.
Speaker 3: Three or fourteen three or fourteen.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm curious how the fans. I'm curious how the fans in Dallas feel. I would love I mean, obviously, I'm not a guy damning, I'm beat reporter, but I would love to hear, genuinely how they feel about the season so far, how they feel about Jerry and and and I hate I hate using the word lies, but obviously they have been lies that they are sold and told each and every season. I was always curious, you know, how they felt, because it's only one way to have change. You know, if you hit somebody's pockets, that's the only way change is going to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stop showing up. Stop stop showing up and watch what happened.
Speaker 2: They're not I mean you're you're a fan, you I mean your your lord. I mean that you root for the Cowboys. You brought cowboys in your blood. Yeah, those one in Cowboys to prioritize Tree Lance development. They're not They're not there. I want to see us win the game, Jerry said, I want to win the game, So I want to do things to win the game. This is not fun, this isn't pretty. I thought we'd be better. Frankly, you the only one. You, the only one that thought that year. Damn man, Oh what what steps did you take to make sure you got better at stopping the run?
Speaker 5: But he said he was gonna be all in. I remember that quote. I remember that quote in off season.
Speaker 2: Well, I think what he meant by that was resigning the guys that he had da CD and eventually Michael Parsons. But Ojo, what couldn't they do last year? Stop the run? What couldn't they do last year? Oh, Joe, run the football? So again, tell me the steps that they took in order to improve in those areas.
Speaker 3: Do what you've always done. You'll get what you've always gotten.
Speaker 2: So you brought the same guys back and said, okay, guys, we got a new decordinator. So what we're gonna do Now we're gonna stop to run. But the same personnel. Yeah, like you have to play with the lead. Your team is built to play with the lead. If you don't get the lead and a team compound you. You see what happened? What did the forty Niners do to him?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: What did the Eagles do to him? What did Baltimore do to him? What did the Sames do to him? Go back to look at the games.
Speaker 5: Put him in a blender, put him into blenda. And then when you when there was an opportunity to improve you run game.
Speaker 1: You said he cost too much?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: How much do lose it? But see, Harry's the thing. The Cowboys are the one team losing doesn't cost anything. So he hasn't lost anything because guess what the ratings are still to the roof when the Cowboys come on. Guess what it was a three and sixteen? Think about it, a three and sixteen. There was the number they got the number one crew at CBS. They got Romo and nance. That should just that just tells you, Yeah, tell me tell me another three and see another three and five team that will get get Fox number one crew again. Man, the Cowboys. If the Cowboys come on Sunday night, I don't believe their flex out of it now because the our boys bring ratings even with them losing. That even with them losing, even with them losing.
Speaker 1: That's a hey, that's the hell of him. Brand Bra And.
Speaker 2: Guess what, O Joe, watch what they do on Thanksgiving? Who do they play on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 3: The Giants?
Speaker 2: And the Giants got their own problem talking about they need to evaluate the quarterback position with that large ass sample size. You gotta see, Daniel Jones, you're trying you need to evaluate who said that?
Speaker 1: The ball.
Speaker 2: Day ball? Yeah, they play the Giants. Oo, they play the Giants. Uh, they play the Giants on Thanksgiving. Let's get to this game.
Speaker 3: The Chiefs stay undefeated with a block field goal.
Speaker 2: The Chiefs leads the NFL in seven one possession wins this season. The most one score game by the val Super Bowl chap is nine, both by the twenty fifteen Broncos and the nineteen eighty six Giants.
Speaker 1: Hey, Broncos played good, didn't I.
Speaker 3: Tell you did?
Speaker 2: Remember we had the conversation I said, Oh I would be BRONXO beat them right, Listen, I'm not gonna say nothing.
Speaker 1: They got damn Broncos d The Boys played good.
Speaker 3: Yes, they always play the Chiefs good good.
Speaker 1: This is the vision game.
Speaker 5: This is an a visional game, and most of the time when you play within the division, the games are always close. Again, the Chiefs looked like they look they've looked the entirety of the season, always finding in a way to win. It's unfortunate, but the Broncos should have won this game today and what it can't. You know, obviously it came down to a block fielder. But still go at the end and I'm I'm gonna let you slide. I'm gonna let you slide because I was gonna say if your team lost the day, I don't want to.
Speaker 1: But listen, listen, I'm I don't have the energy right now. You know you know why. I don't have the energy right now.
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna let you slide to night and just say, yeah it was it was a good game, and it was a good game.
Speaker 1: Even though I was impressed with the Broncos defense.
Speaker 2: You got a heavy heart right now and a lot on your mind. I do understand.
Speaker 1: No, I don't got no heavy heart.
Speaker 3: I don't know about you got a heavy heart.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 5: Uh huh, hold on, let me take let me take my chades off so you can see my ass. I'm good, right, yeah, me, don't mean it. Uh remember what I told you? Listen, can't stay with me real quick?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, we're not right here. We don't get right back.
Speaker 5: In football, you know how to compartmentalize, right, yes, you know how to manage your expectations right.
Speaker 3: Based on situation.
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah, Okay, I'm gonna leave it that. Let's talk about the game. I'm good. Ah.
Speaker 2: Patrick Maholls twenty to forty two, two sixty six one touchdowns. They did not run the ball with any conviction today nineteen runs fifty seven yards, the Broncos riding the ball twenty three times for seventy eight yards. The thing that's killing the cheap o Joe is that red zone. I mean, my homes is not as sharp as he once was. He had trapper at the back of the end zone. He overthrew it. He overthrew it, overthrew it, overthrew it.
Speaker 5: I remember I played quarterbacks, so I could I can kind of I could. I could empathize with at the quarterback position. You know when Sometimes that happens when you're rushing and your panic you don't follow through what your emotions, your mechanics aren't what they should be. Yeap and and stuff the ball to get away from you like that when you know players wide open, and sometimes you look at you look back at you look back at yourself, or you're watching back on field and be like, how the hell I missed something like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you they got your situation. If I'm not mistaken, don't They got Buffalo next week in Buffalo. I think they're going the road there in Buffalo. Got Buffalo at Buffalo next week, if I'm not mistaken, O Joe. And then they got Carolina and then they got the Panthers.
Speaker 5: Hey, there's a chance they could be they tend to No, right, there's a chance they could be twelve and No, when is the last time Buffalo has even beat the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: No, they're note to all.
Speaker 2: So they're at They're at at Buffalo, at Carolina, home to the Raiders, in at Denver, coume to Chargers at Cleveland. Okay, I think that I think the game that gives them is Buffalo. I think I think Buffalo has them their first loss. You think so, I do, but it's concerning me because I've seen a bunch of times starting to turn the ball over a little bit.
Speaker 1: Josh today, good day.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So, but the Chiefs state undefeated.
Speaker 2: Oh, Joe, I remember we had a season and I I think we were playing the Bears and man, they ran a tackle eligible and the guy dropped it a tackle a tackle eligible for a touchdown. Paths they threw it that you had attackle extra tackle in snipped him out. He dropped it. He was open. Nope, you wide open. And sometimes you sometimes you get lucky. Sometimes you get lucky. But the Chiefs remained undefeated, the only unbeaten team in the NFL best record overall, best record in the AFC by the score of sixteen to fourteen over the Denver Broncos. The forty nine Ers defeated the Bucks twenty three to twenty and the return of Christian McCaffrey, the forty nine Ers emerged victorious with the biggest story of the side was on the sideline when a scuffle between Deebo Samuel long snapper Taybor Pepper after the game. De Boy explained what prompting the heat exchange a curve after kicker Jake Moody's third missed field goal of the game. Normally I don't even get like that, but just frustrated in the heat of the battle, you know, real close game. I kind of got out of character. But I'll talk to Moody and we'll get past it. Moody responded with a rough outing by drilling a forty four yard game winning field goal as time expired.
Speaker 5: Gotta loosen everything up. Gotta loosen everything up. As a kicker, you got one job, got nothing else. You do one thing, five, six, seven, eight days out the week. I'm talking about eight days. It's only seven. Yeah, all you got to do. You got one job is to kick. So when they ask you to do that one job that you do, do you know you're gonna miss. You're human, It's the NFL. You know, you want to be as perfect as possible. That's the reason why you practice. You know, if you fall short of being perfect, it'd be better than most. But you can't miss three kicks that could have cast you the game today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three, Come on, man, most of the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he wronged though.
Speaker 5: Listen, if you drop three footballs to the receiver, likely you, unless you a number one or elite player, probably not gonna be playing.
Speaker 2: But what happens if Debo and fumbled the ball and they lose the game and the guy goes up there and grabs his face mask. What if he drops two passes on the last drive and we lose the game, he grabs his face mass or he gets in his face.
Speaker 3: You think d gos gonna be cool with that?
Speaker 1: No, probably not.
Speaker 2: So that's why you have to look and I get it. Look, you and I both been on the sidelines. We've seen kickers miss it, We've seen you know, guys do things. And yeah, it's frustrated. It is extremely frustrated. But you also have to understand now, the way football work. In the football gods, they'll put you in that situation to have you drop a pass or they have you fumble the ball.
Speaker 1: They get you right every time, They get.
Speaker 3: You right time.
Speaker 2: But like I said, look, I know they're frustrated. They're not having the season that they expected. They're five and four. I can assure you that the forty nine ers thought they would be better than five and four after nine games.
Speaker 5: Hey, but you know what's funny, but they got damn forty nine ers with that they always going to f and run when it counts.
Speaker 2: This is the first time they went back to back game, so they could be onto something.
Speaker 3: The forty nine ers guy. Next next two to three games.
Speaker 2: Last they got Seahawks at home at Packers, at Bills.
Speaker 5: Seahawks at Packers and Bills. Oh oh that's mm hmm, all them, all them tricky. I'm playing the Seahawks. What Seahawks. What Seahawks team are we gonna get?
Speaker 3: Man? Seahawks been I mean they don't been putting up big numbers.
Speaker 1: But over yeah, you know, leading the league un passing, ain'ting?
Speaker 3: He was, yeah, he was.
Speaker 2: I mean he's gonna be up there knocked what Gino have a big guy? Think Gino had a big game when they play Monday night. No, they were on a bid week. See I was on the buy. Seattle was on to buy. But Party had had an outstanding day. He was twenty five or thirty six, three fifty three excuse me, two touchdowns, clean game, no turnovers. He fumbled but Jennings got it, ended up recovering it.
Speaker 1: Only had a good game today, Bray.
Speaker 2: Jeenny Yeah yah yea yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Dorisol had a big day, four for seventy three on a touchdown his first touchdown. Sing Man came back six catches sixty six yards, Debo was five for sixty two and Kiddle great touchdown party did a great job of finding him in the back of the m zone. O Shoe he had he had three for fifty seven and a touchdown. Piersall had four for seventy three on a touchdown. Yeah. I mean, but this is the type of game that Pretty needed because they were unable to run the football. So now I got to put the ball in your hands and you got to make it happen.
Speaker 1: You think mccaffree healthy.
Speaker 2: The nineteen million Yeah, man, you know what, Hey, at this point in time, O Joe, Look, you don't get healthy during the season because when you when when when an average person and he has an injury or he has something what they said rest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, say what they tell you.
Speaker 2: They're gonna they're gonna stem you, They're gonna put the fifth pt and they're gonna get you out and feel the quick as they possibly can.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you ain't no normal You're not no normal person. You don't get to take or what a normal person would take six to ten weeks. Oh, they try to get you back that thing in two to four. Right, it's really that simple. I mean I wish if there's an other way around there, guys, but it's just not an athlete and but athletes heal faster. We're different. We get and like I said, you go to PT. A normal person goes to PT, what two times a week?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: You going every single day? Maybe two times a day? Maybe you getting PT for two hours. I mean I have injury though, Joe that hey, I get think about it. I get there at CEL, I've got to be there by seven, get out my clothes, getting my A I get getting it for two hours, Okay, Lunch, I get it. Begin after practice I get it again. So I'm getting treated three times a day.
Speaker 1: Okay, I remember them days.
Speaker 3: So uh but that was a definitely.
Speaker 2: I mean I give the bucks a lot of credit down there, two top A wide receivers and still put up a value and effort.
Speaker 3: I'm impressed. I'm impressed. I thought Baker Baker played well.
Speaker 5: Uh you see banker hold off goddamn Bosa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm still thought that for a yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, Banker Baker was cooking man. I wanted, I wanted, I wanted. I mean, it would have been dope.
Speaker 5: It would have been dope to see the Bucks win that game, and that that was a good That was good.
Speaker 1: That was a good game.
Speaker 5: It was those of you that had the opportunity to watch that Bucks game that was good.
Speaker 2: Stevens Commanders Russ versus the Rugs Steelers get to win against the Commanders twenty eight, twenty seven. At halftime, the Steelers had ninety seven yards of total offense. They finished with three hundred and twelve. Russ was inconsistent. He was fourteen and fifty at fourteen of twenty eight, one hundred and ninety five yards, three tds and one I in. T. Daniels, who ended the game as an MVP candidate, did not have his best game. Completed sixteen to thirty two, one ninety four one hundred ninety four yards. Yeah, he missed a couple of throws that he liked to have back. He had Luke McCaffrey on a crossing route that he really would really really would.
Speaker 3: Love to have that one back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But give Russ credit because Russ's I think at one point was like nine of twenty, but he picked it up. George Pickens made some big time plays. Friar Muth came up clutch for him, made some big time plays. Austin had a couple of big catches and they were able to go on the road. Man, I'm watching this game on, Joe. Did you see how many people raving them terrible time?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I said, hold on, I'm like, i gotta go back here. Look, i gotta see it. This is this in Washington, on this the three in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 5: When the Steelers play away, they travel extremely well. So wherever they play at basically it's their stadium. I'm the Steelers will make it they stadium, no matter how far, no matter how far they're playing.
Speaker 3: It, don't Joe.
Speaker 2: Because the Steelers were really good in the seventies and a lot of people they.
Speaker 3: Now, they got kids, they grew up watching the Steelers. They became Steelers fans.
Speaker 2: And a lot of times kids become fans like their pants are the teams.
Speaker 3: That their parents route for.
Speaker 2: Right right, right right, So when you go you're absolutely right when you go on the road. I'm looking, I'm like, hold on, Washington got the ball? Why the crowd is in a frenzy. Why they waving the towers, I said, Washington, don't raise no towels. Yeah, like, let me go, I said.
Speaker 5: They take it there, take your stay, take your stadium over, take your Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a good ass game though.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 5: It was, and I was looking I was listening to some of the command of fans. They were upset about taking the al today. Do y'all realize, y'all at the top of the division. Do you realize you just lost only your third game? Do you realize the quarterback that you do have at the helm, You have a decade plus some of winning football with him as your quarterback. Nothing to hang your head on about losing today. It's cool. It's cool. I'm happy for rus though. Three stars, he's three and oh. A lot of people questioned Mike Tomlin putting him back in as a starter. I wouldn't call it a gamble, but the gamble that most people say it is it's paying off.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And he said himself, Oh so he said to himself, he was a lone ranger on this decision.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, but and.
Speaker 2: He said, but he also said, this is why they paid me the big bucks to make these decisions, and I can. I'm able to stand. And the one thing that you know about the Steelers organization, they're always going to back their head coach. Yeah, that's why they've only had three since nineteen sixty nine. They had Chuck No, they head coach Coward, and now they have Mike t There's a reason they're not swayed by the media.
Speaker 3: They're not swayed by.
Speaker 2: The fans talking about fired this and fired that. That's not how the ruties operate and they don't care about that. But uh, the Steelers run their record, they said, firmly a top the NF the AFC North with a seventy two record, but they haven't played any division games. They got two games against Baltimore, two games against Cleveland, two games against Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have a lot more.
Speaker 2: We're gonna find a lot more about the Steelers, a lot more about the Ravens, and a lot more about the Bengals over the next six weeks because I think they got I think they in the next six weeks, Oh, Joe, I think they got the Ravens twice and the Bengals twice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hey, I mean, I'm thinking about the damn still is sitting on the top of the goddamn yes, she knows. And who ever thought last year you didn't even have a quarterback. No, last year he didn't have a quarterback. And you know you're bringing Russell Wilson, you're bringing Justin Fields. Then you have too So I'm thinking, well, hell, they got a quarterback Carrouself going on, they definitely gonna be lasting in the division. This is how I'm thinking as a player. When there's quarterback controversy, it's too much. It's too much turmoil. It's too much going on because one time they'll put one in and he might not play well because there's pressure because he knows. Damn, I can't make any mistakes because if I'm make any mistakes, you know they're gonna put old boy in them. Yes, so you're not able to play freely. You play very conservative football. So I'm thinking, yeah, they're still ain't they gonna be none today? But Justin Field surprised me the first three weeks. They might win at some point when they put Russell in, but Justin Fields played well. Now Russell get the goddamn job. He's at to him and he cook it. Yeah, cooking Justin look good.
Speaker 2: But in order for this to be a success, Justin had to do what he was doing because imagine if he goes over. So now all of a sudden, you're trying to get to five hundred instead of being seventy two. Mike Tomlin knows his team, He's around this team. He knew how his team will respond. He knew he was making a very, very tough decision, but he knew that he had the type of guys in the locker room that would back his decision because they trust him. He's given them no reason not to trust him. The organization trusts him, and so we should have had faith. I should have had faith in Mike Tomlin knowing over the last seventeen eighteen years he's been nothing but exemplary. Mike Tomlin would ask post game about the similarity is the difference between jayde and Daniels and Lamar Jackson. Man, be real slow comparing people to Lamar Jackson. That's a multi time that's a multi time MVP. That's mister Jackson. We'll see mister Jackson in a few days.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can't compare the too. Now that there are two things that they do are like they can run the ball, they can throw the ball. You need two completely different type of players all together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I look, just because somebody's black and they can run the football and throw the football.
Speaker 3: That'll be the lebar.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 2: We don't say that about Peyton when saying okay, he white, he'll pocket passer. Oh that's Peyton, Manny, Oh he white, he can't run, he throw from the pocket. That's Tom Brady.
Speaker 3: We don't do that.
Speaker 2: But they trying to compare justin field the Labar Jackson or Michael Vick. Then you can't, will you anybody that can run and black and throw? Oh yeah he is he that damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and let the god be him every time.
Speaker 2: Cardinals, Hey, they beat it.
Speaker 1: They beat the dog.
Speaker 5: Now, man, I don't I don't even curse no more, so I ain't gonna say it. I got saved.
Speaker 2: The Cardinals beat the Jets thirty one to said ober It said, overall a long layoffs there that were not prepared to play. That's the coach's job. But anyway, Rogers completed one pass that traveled at least ten yards. You're talking about a future Hall of Famer quarterback throwing Davonte Adams and Gart Wilson. The Cardinals had the twenty fourth ranked pass defense. From Rogers to the bottom of the roster, the Jets are under half underachieved. OJO on the Woody Johnson decision to fire coach Robert Sala after five games have backfired mid season trade, but Davonte Adams has not.
Speaker 3: Bore fruit and edim coach Jeff Obert is one in four.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out who's surprised. I tried to tell y'all Jets were gonna be no good. Y'all pinned all your hopes, all your hopes on a forty year old quarterback coming.
Speaker 3: Off an Achilles injury.
Speaker 2: Right, that's really not really invested in the team because he goes on p MAC show and he talks about everything other than football. Go back and look how Peyton Manning ingratiated himself with the Broncos when he left the coach after a long time. Go back and look at Tom Brady, how he ingratiated himself. How many many camps did you think those two guys missed? The four guys I met the two guys. I mentioned earlier, how many they held special practices, they got the guys together to work in offseason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they was different.
Speaker 2: Now you're tone fire the coach, you're the demoted the offensive coordinator. Yeah, well the defense gave up thirty one. Where you know the office is allowed to score more than six. Absolutely, because that's the one thing I like about football. It's not like when you played one on one. You play make it, take it. I make a basket, I get take it back out again. Now in football, I score touchdown, I kick it off to you. You can score too the ball.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they not gonna have they gonna the ain't gonna have nobody. Ain't nobody nobody else to fire, ain't nobody else to blame you fire.
Speaker 2: It's allah seeing that you gotta be careful. You gotta be careful when you do things for the wrong reasons. See a lot of times, a lot of this have to do and a lot of this have to do with him being mad at the Packers for drafting Jordan Love. So I'm gonna go show you that I still got something left. If you're not, Oh, Joe, you've heard me say it a lot. If you're not careful, you'll become the bad thing you despise the most of the person. The guy that preceded him, what did he do? He got mad because they took a quarterback right And where did he go first? When he left Green Bay?
Speaker 3: The Jets.
Speaker 1: That's the same thing, same thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, Devontae Adams had thirteen targets. He caught six passes for thirty one yards. Damn he probably thinking I could have stayed where I was dead exactly this and kept I think the state income taxing Jersey, New York wherever it is about ten percent, I pay nothing is cool.
Speaker 3: If the state income tax in New York, New Jersey's gotta be like ten percent.
Speaker 1: Ten, who be? I can I catch you? I'll catch all at the end of my career. I'll pay you back later.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 2: Jersey is ten point seventy five almost eleven because he stays in Jersey, so we don't have to do New York. But he stays in Jersey. Nobody stays in the city. New York's eleven. So he's playing ten on that ten ten point seventy five percent.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Well you know how that is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hide in giraffe. Huh. But here's the thing, oh show, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: You just think, see what Peyton and because remember when Peyton got to Denver, they went thirteen and three, they won like seven eight games in a row, had the number one seed. Baltimore did come in and knock them off into the divisional round. Peyton finished second and the MVP BO. Then the next year they go to the Super Bowl. Peyton, they break all the records. Peyton over fifty four hundred passing yards, NFL record, fifty five touchdowns NFL record, go to the Super Bowl. The following year, Peyton throws thirty nine touchdowns. We see what Tom does his first year there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we're like, hey, they do it they Yeah, Bro, you wuld expect all the.
Speaker 2: Two natural born leaders, natural people gravitate towards.
Speaker 1: Him, right, But you don't see Aaron as a leader.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: I mean just your own personal opinion outside of the All I know.
Speaker 2: Is what what what i've what I've read, and what I've read what coaches Okay, I see what you mean now, coach, excuse me what I've read? When the reports about the CEO Mark Murphy, Yes, Sir, Aaron don't you be the problem.
Speaker 3: They don't consult with him.
Speaker 2: They didn't consult with him when they hired right, they didn't consult with him when they let somebody go.
Speaker 3: Damn the matter of fact of how he does things.
Speaker 2: When Mike Williams, oh, I would expect the Mike Williams to do this, and he read line and he was supposed to read line.
Speaker 3: He got, Bro, why would you do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't think, can't throw your play on this?
Speaker 3: Why would you do that?
Speaker 2: Name the time you've ever heard Peyton Manning name, the time you've ever heard Peyton or Tom Brady, Because this is the guy that he wants to be in the category with. When if Tom Brady ever thrown somebody under the bus, When if Peyton Manning ever throw somebody.
Speaker 3: They'll eat it.
Speaker 1: They'll eat it, you got every time they'll eat it.
Speaker 2: And then have the conversation with the guys like, look, you know, I would expect you to be on the red line right, not run the end cut?
Speaker 3: Yeah, every chance he gets. What does he do? You saw him in Green Bay?
Speaker 1: Yeah mm hmm.
Speaker 5: He speaking of Mike being on the red line. You know they had that exact same play today, Mike. Oh, Mike had just had that exact same play today with the company.
Speaker 1: Zero and corn. I'm sitting there, squad and waiting on the slant.
Speaker 3: Wait real quick, oh Jo, you can't stand that far inside.
Speaker 2: You can't give a receiver with that cant of free release to they ve just run straight up the field.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he's standing in the inside, which made it even worse.
Speaker 3: Pushed to me the further inside.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that was a good player. That was a good player.
Speaker 3: About Mike.
Speaker 2: These guys here, oh Joe, these guys are too good if you don't put hands on them.
Speaker 1: Oh but he remembers coming zero, so he was off, remember he was. He was saying he was sitting No.
Speaker 2: Yes, but oh Joe, you can't be that far inside. Yeah, trip, because think about it, you already two yards inside. If he stem you inside, now you're gonna be three to four. You give that guy so much area to just throw the ball. And Russ throws as good as deep ball as anybody in the league.
Speaker 5: A little bit. I call it like they called it a little moon ball. It comes straight down, right down in the bucket. You ain't got no chance to recover. I don't care how fast you is.
Speaker 2: No, No, you can't come from that and you get he give him a big target because he got all this to drop it up.
Speaker 1: He can't.
Speaker 2: He ain't got to drop it down what we call trying to. He don't have to drop it down to chimney. I got a big old radius that I can throw it into. I can throw it here, I can throw it here. I can let you over here because I'm not worried about the DV. Is it so far behind? And then if I throw it over his shoulder, I could use my body, O Joe. He's got to come through me right to break the play up. But I don't think it. I don't, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Maybe Jets fans are surprised, but I'm not.
Speaker 5: I shore hell, I'm surprised. Honestly, I thought a thought. I thought things would have been different. I was giving Aaron Rodgers his praise for what I felt he was going to be able to do on the field. I didn't really care about the stuff he was doing off of it. You know, do whatever the hell you want too off of it. But he has Yep, I'm expecting him to look like maybe not that Aaron Rodgers of bowl. Just give me fifty percent of that. Give me fifty fifty sixty percent of the old Aaron Rodgers. And I thought, you know, the Jets, they're gonna be on one.
Speaker 2: When you're talking about he talked about Kanyenne ward and lemon.
Speaker 1: Who is that?
Speaker 3: How did that work out for him today?
Speaker 1: Kyenne?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kayenne, warter, Cayenne, pepper, water and lemon or it's the fountain of you. Even had to even had the kicker that drill the field goal. Oh yeah, this thing is working. Bro, that stuff don't work. Look, I understand all that cleans and you go to these holistic places and they give you all that stuff that you get it right.
Speaker 1: I ain't never heard of no cayenne.
Speaker 2: I know about the Porsche, Kaye pepper. They put kaye and pepper and then put water lemon.
Speaker 3: I mean, what what what?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: What was he had?
Speaker 2: And somebody instaut I've discovered the fountain of you. Clearly, you don't watch yourself play because ain't nothing useful about you. Ain't nothing. I'm not breaking any new chap. Do y'all think there's anything youthful about Aaron Rodgers play?
Speaker 3: Does he.
Speaker 2: Kyenne pepper water. Does he move like he once did? Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I gotta I gotta try that man, try for what I mean?
Speaker 3: You want to look like he look?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 1: He said the founder youth.
Speaker 3: How he looked?
Speaker 1: He looks old?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I will stay away from that Caye in the water if I was you.
Speaker 1: I know. But you gotta understand. I mean, it's the never man. I ain't never man.
Speaker 2: M hm.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: We ate, We aided gracefully.
Speaker 2: The volume