Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Prize Pig. Sign up for Prize Pig today with that promo code leading Off make sure you use that when you do. It's me Joey b Joe Piezipia, That of course is the Welsh and it's you the Peanuts, the Cracker Jacks. Watching on the YouTube channel Fantasy Pros MLB. Listening on the podcast version, watching us back if you're not watching Live and Welsh. A fun weekend of baseball. We actually had a Max Scherzer start, unbelievable. We have an updated Top one hundred prospect list, which I want to hit some names with you about, because goodness knows, every single day it's a different prospect in Major League Baseball. And because of that, we have a new segment in the show that is just for prospects. I don't know what to call it yet, but you know what, every day we talk about one or two of them. So we're gonna continue to do that. When their own little perfect niche isn't that nice that they get their own little time, now, get.
Speaker 2: Their little home, little place. Yeah, I don't know, maybe we should have a contest, like the segment name.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's not bad, that's not bad. All right, peanuts, crackadreze, get to it. I know it's early. We're gonna get you to work already. So what do you want to name the prospects segment? They're gonna do every single day now. I don't even know what I called it. I just put prospect Alert. But that's crap. That's no good. So we can't have that. It's gotta be something different. I'll be all the sirens and things like that. I don't Yeah, we.
Speaker 2: Kind of like the the like iteration of like, you know, the pe if we can find something in there. I don't know what it is. I don't know what it is, some some rhyming type of thing that makes it fun. So Joe his heart can warm every little time he gets to say the name something like that. You guys got a problem with prospect I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think they used to say, like in rap, like orange was one of the toughest. Well, I don't know, rookie cookies with prospect rookie cookies. Okay, it's I'm uncomfortable with that.
Speaker 1: You're uncomfortable with the Rookie Cookies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just it's throwing it out there, but yeah, it does makes me feel good.
Speaker 1: Oh, Future Pros, this is Eric's got a good one already, the future.
Speaker 2: Prostasy Pros, Future Pros.
Speaker 1: All right, that's not bad so far, Eric, you're winning. We'll see how the rest of it goes. And yes, we will talk about Matt McClain and some others in a second. Here, let's start with the top of the headlines from the weekend. Max Scherzer actually pitched and pitched well over the National six strikeouts in five innings. Matt's actually scored eight runs in that game. Shocking on all accounts in this entire piece. Tanner Biby one of our guys from the Rookie Cookies. So something doesn't Rookie Cookies is gonna stick around. Tanner Bibby seven and two thirds, two hit ball, struck out seven and no decision for the against the Angels. And here's the thing we always talked about the ebs and flows, right, Bibby came out that first start was really good. Then earlier last week he kind of had that, you know, that rookie letdown start. As we often see this is a huge bounce back. I'm sure people who sat him in those daily transaction leagues or daily lineup leagues were probably pissed off when they looked up at that line on Sunday. But this is kind of I feel like the patients you have to practice with, guys like Bibby who you know they have the talent. If you'll look, he was one of the biggest risers too on the prospect list. I was looking. He was actually up twenty one spots from fifty five to thirty four on the MLB Top one hundred. And I know that's not for prospects and fantasy necessarily going to go as baseball it's a little different, but still, what did you think of the star from Bybe yesterday? Yeah?
Speaker 2: This is I think this is actually what you needed, you know, because at some point he was going to falter. All these guys are going to falter. I think it also definitely shows like when and how much stomach does everybody have for these guys if he was dropped after that one bad start, because I feel like because of the amount of prospects that are coming up right now, people's ability to holder their leash is a lot shorter than usual, but you know, with like the maturation of like learning the game, failing is sometimes the best recipe for future success. And I think you kind of saw that. It looked like he used his slider a little bit less than this, but it's efficiency because its efficiency was kind of down, but the fastball change up got it going. His change up, by the way, through twenty three percent of the time had a thirty eight percent with rate on it, which is really impressive in a thirty nine CSW. So the thing I love about it is the guy can command across the board and he's got a couple different, like two different big strikeout options offerings if you will, in that slider which can have curveball like effects if people have watched it in the downplane it has, Or he can go to the changeup and that's huge. That's something that you know Brandon Fought didn't show. I actually don't know if you have him on here, Joe, but he went yesterday and we got to see the pitch mix change. So I love it. I love watching guys have pitch mixed changes and find success. Biby did it hate to tell you fought haters Fought did it yesterday under fifty percent usage on his fastball. His sweeper got it going and he threw his curveball more So, I'm encouraged both of these guys. It's not about fought, but this is a great thing for Bibby, and I think it kind of like stabilizes his value.
Speaker 1: Fought by the way up from forty nine to thirty three on the prospect list as well. So he's another riser someone who's not rising right now. Horay Matteo not in the Orioles starting lineup Sunday in the month of May. You're ready for this. If everybody's talking about Horry Mateo, my god, he's an elite fantasy player in month of May hitting one oh five slash gross. If the Tao wasn't a cell high, I don't know who was.
Speaker 2: And this up your Jordan Westburg's. I'm just let everybody know. I'll crap up your Jordan west Okay, eleven homers, Okay, three hundred batting average. Okay, you got me, George Westburg? What he's coming up?
Speaker 1: Okay? I think you should. I mean, this happens every year where people stumble upon a player and they get so infatuated with being, you know, getting a great productivity out of them, and I know that's that's sort of going along with some of the people who have investments in Jared Kellennick, and I get that too, but Kellennick was a very highly rated, can't miss prospects, so eventually you would hope that he would hit. But it's so fascinating to me. I saw some trades. I saw people going out there and you know, taking the tale for Bobby Witt Junior and things like that, and I'm just gonna I swear to you. I saw that trade happen. Someone sent it to me on Twitter, and I was like, why would you do that? Why would you stop? Just relax, like you just take a deeper I don't like it either, but this is what happens. People get infatuated with the hot start in April, and by the time we get to August, nobody can remember April. I know, I can't Zach Gallon, he can't be stopped. Another great performance on Saturday over the Giants, five hits over seven to two thirds. He was terrific. Christian Yelich actually had two home runs in one game, so there you go. He's good for the rest of the month of May. Probably Louis Robert two for four. He's starting to pick things up, so maybe the message getting sent to Luis Robert. Ever since he got sat down for not running out that ball to first base, he's kind of come alive as well. We do have some entries also from the Peanuts and Crackerjack. All right, prospects from Zen that's kind of so bad. We've got the rookie lookie from EWE two k.
Speaker 2: I your rookie cookie actually like affects me. But the rookie looking, let's do like like that.
Speaker 1: That is rookie looking better than the future pros. I mean future pro sounds more professional. But then again, this is us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it depends like future Pros would almost be like some an article that I put together where rookie lookie would be something where Joe's.
Speaker 1: Like, everybody, rookie look look look rooky looking. Yeah, you know what, It's gonna be tough to beat that on Wonkey says prospect prospects, which is pretty funny. A lot of piece of prospects. I see a lot of that kind of stuff there, Uh, call up, ball up. That's not bad. There from again E two k always uh but the rookie lookie, I don't know, man, rookie lookie sounds pretty yeah, pretty good for me that might think that.
Speaker 2: Might be it. Unfortunately, because well I know where Joe's gonna go with it.
Speaker 1: Let's do our first rookie looking right now, rookie, looky, rookie looking, let's looking at this guy. It's the Reds. So we were speculating who the Reds were going to call up, right TJ Friedel injury, all these things going on. Well, Matt McClain's gonna get called up from Triple A Louisville today. Twenty three year old infielder was the Red's first round selection seventeenth overall for the twenty twenty one draft in Triple A, tearing it up three forty eight four seventy four seven to twelve, twelve homers, forty rebies, ten steals in fifteen tries. So Welsh, how aggressive should we be on this? McLain again? You know, John McClain probably still the one A of all mclans.
Speaker 2: A right, is Matt.
Speaker 1: McLain possibly going to get into that number two spot here? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I have like I just have like reservations about Matt McClain, I think than other people, just because I've seen so much of him. He was out here in the AFL recently and he's got a big hole in his swing, but he seems to have fixed that so far this season. So I'm just not sure at what degree. He was striking out almost thirty percent of the time last year, AFL kind of started getting back to the same thing. Low offspeed breaking stuff would get right by him. This year under twenty percent k rate, So the big change is there. I mentioned this I was on CBS last night. I mentioned this that one of the things you can see in his game as well is I think he's a little bit more comfortable with off speed stuff. So in the ever race to chase off speed stuff, what you've got to do is you're gonna you know, you're going to be comfortable with being able to catch back up to fastballs, so you can get on those sliders and stuff like that. And you see him hitting the ball opposite field, which I think is encouraging. So it's like he's hitting the ball more opposite field this year than he's ever done in his career. It's over thirty percent of the time, he's had huge results. Strikeout numbers are low, so I want to be optimistic. You know, he was actually people don't remember, but he was like a top fifteen pick some years back by the Arizona Diamondbacks. But he decided to go back to UCLA. And this is a good, good player with sneaky power. I've got some on my Twitter profile if you guys want to check it out, some video from the AFL. So all of that to be said that what he's doing is full on five tools. I'm spending. I'm investing because he's.
Speaker 1: Got the gig.
Speaker 2: But I do have reservations that everybody that's staring at his stats are like, oh my god, look at three forty eight. I'm worried about the batting average long term. I wonder if this couple. But he can give me.
Speaker 1: Questions here too, because we have like Renegade wants to know McLain or Dela Cruz. Well, Dela Cruz is the better asset. I think you and I would agree on that that hands do. So if that's the case, then here's another question from Tim in the chat. Does McLain call up delay in Carnassi on Strand's arrival. I say yes, because that's clearly the direction they're going here, So they could have brought up Cees. They didn't, so I think the answer is short yes. Is it a long delay, No, But it's definitely a delay maybe.
Speaker 2: I don't know, if I gotta be honest, I don't know if it's that long on any of these guys. These guys all play different spots. Ellie's been playing third in Triple A. Matt McClain the shortstop. Barrero has not worked, so Matt McLain can just jump right into that spot. Cees can play third, but he's a first baseman, so it's like when they're ready to make that commitment, they're going in. So I'm not really sure he has delayed. I also just don't know what they're doing in general with all their prospects, So sure, like by virtue of this, I'll say, yeah, it has delayed. But I still am just gonna like maybe every week until it comes up, and I'll be wrong. I'm gonna just be like he's coming up soon, very very soon. There's no reason for him to be down there outside of like whatever stupid roster construction they're doing. Some of these dumb guys.
Speaker 1: Speaking of rookie lookies, we've got another one here for you got a couple. Cody Bradford is going to start Monday today against the Braves. So he's got a point nine to one ERA, a point eighty six whip, thirty seven, k's thirteen walks in thirty nine innings, so it's pretty good for seven stars in triple A. He's going against Charlie Morton. I think there's opportunity for a little upset here because text has been so good and Lacy is blowing that save yesterday. A little shaky there with him and what's going on with the bullpen. But what do you think of Cody Bradford too, Because it's another guy too. People are probably it's so frustrating when you get these If only we can get these little tidbits, I don't know, like Sunday night, Sunday afternoon sometimes you know, when these things pop on Monday after waivers run in many leagues. I get everyone's super frustrated. I get it. It was hard to be ahead of McLain. I don't think anybody thought that one was coming, did you.
Speaker 2: I think that one happened like literally is like waivers were going.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I've been attempting to be a week.
Speaker 2: Ahead on things. I picked up Cees last week and then I actually picked up Ellie this week. Assuming that I really think it's like we're coming to a time these guys. I think all these guys are coming soon. Because also, by the way, if they didn't want to bring up Ellie, Spencer Steer could go back to third and ces can play first. There's plenty of wiggle room that that team has. But on Cody Bradford, the numbers are pretty solid. The K numbers have gone down though he was in double A last year had an almost nine and a half K PRI nine, it's down to eight and a half. His walks are actually up. He has one of the most absurd ERA to XIP changes. He has an under one ERA but he has an over five expected you know x FIP. So I'm not like jump into it. And this is also a spot start. They've already said that all they're doing is they're giving a little bit of wiggle room for their starters, and they've moved everybody back a day. So I'm not sure Cody Bradford's going to be there for long. But you know, I think there's some potential efficiency that can be in there. He's just not going to be a big strikeout guy. He's also not a big groundball guy, so I'm a little bit worried about the ballf line.
Speaker 1: Let's take another question from the chat here, Tough Talk with Teachers podcasts has dropped Vulpi. Did I make a mistake? Yeah, I mean, bench, you don't want to drop these guys. Look, Volpi is a very good player. I was a little surprised, to be honest, that he started the year with the big club. I thought, maybe, you know, fifty to one hundred at bats and triple A and sea legs under him a little bit would have been better. But I'm still not worried about Volpe. I don't know why. I mean, I guess because I've seen him play so much that I just think he's a really good player, and I think he's just pressing still enough they go figure it out over time. But in a ten team league, I get it, but yeah, there you go, right. In a twelve team league, I think it's more of a bench kind of play. Or he's a trade bait. You trade him and you hope he gets something else for him, as somebody else sees it as a bi low opportunity. But if you're really struggling need help, then that's the kind of help. Another guy, do you think Mickey Moniac can help anybody? Three or four with a Homer two steals. I know he's got some speed. I know he was looking really good in Triple A. Is he on your radar at all? Because I've never been a big fan of his, but it's hard to deny the Triple A numbers before he got called up this week. We're good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not a big Mickey Moniac guy. Like the team obviously has done some good things in revamping some of these outfielders. Brandon Marsh has been like, you know, proof and point, but no, I'm not a big Mickey Mooniac guy. So it's gonna be a passing with Angels now. But I'm a pass on Mickey Moniac.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to the injury list here. Noah Sindaguard will start today against the Twins. How long that's anybody's guess? Jose Alvarado, So it turns out, you know, we were kind of the sky is falling last week but the elbow inflammation. Apparently the MRI was clean, so they're expecting him to resume throwing some time later this week, which is again kind of stunning, and we'll see how that all goes and gets filtered out. Dylan Carlson removed yesterday because of an ankle injury Anthony Rendon, surprising because he is like the Cal Ripken of baseball nowadays. He had left in the six with a tight left groin. I feel bad, like, I mean, the jokes aside, like I just it must suck for Anthony Rendon to just not be able to do his job physically. Like I don't know if it's a training thing he needs to do different, I don't know what it is. But it's so sad to see a player of that kind of talent just never be able to play baseball.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just be like an AA group of guys that like can't all play. It's like Jacob de Grom's like, you know, meetings in session, Jean Carlo, please sit down. Anthony Rendon's gonna be speaking today and it's just a prosper there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, my name is Steven Strasburg. It's been seven hundred and eighty four days since I've thrown a pitch. It's that kind of thing, you know, you get you get like the little tiny things, or you know, it's it's the number of days on the il, it's the number of days that you're sober.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, like Jacob Groan gets third start and he's like, I got my chip. I got chip today, you know, like that type of thing.
Speaker 1: Oh, and Larry Walker is everyone sponsor Larry Walker because he is the greatest of all the hurt stars ever, because he still managed to get into the Hall of Fame. But I used to call it when I used to you know, back in the day, make it mad day, when I used to be you know, scouting my fantasy players. I used to have what was called the Larry Walker List. I used to make this note of the guys that are good but they're always hurt. You just gotta just either get a disc Kevin on Numer stayway from I used to call it the Larry Walker list, and there he goes. Still made the Hall of Fame. CJ. Crohn not making the Hall of Fame. I'm safe to say fifteen day I l with back spasms. That's an every good thing. At at least actually YONDI Diaz is gonna undergo the MRI on his injured groin, so that would be another injury. Oh man, the rays just are They are taking injuries at an alarming clip. So so much for analytics. Joey Gallo was removed from Sunday's game against the Cubs because of a leg injury. Carl Swordan, who was going to have physical activity. I don't know if that was putting together ikea furniture or what that. I don't know exactly what that means. But he threw from sixty to seventy five feet on Saturday and Sunday, So two days of playing catch. That's great. Nicolodolo unfortunately, is going to miss a minimum of four weeks with calf tendonitis or tendonosis. Is that what it is? I don't know what it is. I don't know is caf LA.
Speaker 2: They're all just like they're all just making up words.
Speaker 1: Whatever that's the sublexation of his calf tendon or whatever the hell. Marlin's placed aj Puck on the fifteen day il with left elbow nerve irritation. Now here's one. Well, sh we got to talk about Mason Miller is gonna get a second opinion tomorrow on the elbow. So the MRI I came back clean, but he's having pain, which is why they put him on the il and now he's going for a second opinion.
Speaker 2: No way this is good.
Speaker 1: There's no way.
Speaker 2: I refuse to believe that this is good.
Speaker 1: There's no so I thought I was wrong last week. You might be right.
Speaker 2: You might circle back, you might this might be the euro step of injury correctness, like you like had one and you're gonna come back to it. There's no way that this is a good thing that they're redoing.
Speaker 1: Nope, never good, never good. All right, who was good? Let's tell you the three up and three down Aaron Judge not one but two Homers on Saturday. I'm pretty sure you picked Aaron Judge, so you got two more bombs.
Speaker 2: I think the I might have to be corrected. I think that's eleven. I think I got I think that was ten and eleven that I just if you made the board double might have got jumped a bit close.
Speaker 1: I'm close. Digi's double Diggi's rookie. Lookies, this is what we've become. This is what we've become Mitch Keller? What does he become a monster? Thirteen thirteen strikeouts over seven innings. Sunday morning, I had Nick Pollock from Picture List on my Sports Career television show, which, by the way, you can watch on Amazon Prime now. It's all over all the streaming networks every Sunday morning eight to ten Wallda Wall Fantasy baseball and football during football season. And Nick was on, and he is one of the guys. We were talking about what why Mitch Keller has evolved into what he has and it surprised everybody, but he thinks it's pretty sustainable. And he had a lot of good stats regarding that. So great for the Pirates, great for Mitch Keller. Couldn't happen to a better guy. I told you I'm a big fan. I'm rooting for Mitch Keller. I like that dude, John Gray, another dude. I like five nothing shut out performance there three hip ball against the A's. I know it's an A's, but still it's great. Here's a three down. A bunch of bullpen guys kind of spit the bit this weekend, Rice ol Glacis first blown saved. His velocity was down a couple of ticks two, so coming after the first start, first appearance I should say was good. Volosity was fine, second one not so good. So maybe it's just working his way back dead arm. That's possible. Keep a close eye. Kelly Jansen gave up three runs to earn Blue a save this weekend to Saturday, and Shae McClanahan, not so Shay McClanahan esque against the Yankees, gave up four and a no decision. So obviously you were not too worried about McClanahan, but Welsh in term of Mitch Keller, I mean, that guy has just been unbelievable. And look, here's here's one from U two Gays. We have so many people in the chat watching us live right now, but this one fan right here is just crushing it. Drop Mitch Keller to pick up tag weeks ago. So there you go. That's how life's going for OO two Gay. That's simply an oohy moment. Sure that makes me sad too.
Speaker 2: That does make me said, I'm all about Mitch Keller. We've hit him a couple whatever it was two starts back, but you know, Nick probably talked a lot about it. But he's added in this cutter, and this cutter has made a difference because his fastball is way more effective thirty percent with rate. This cutter has come on here and got a twenty two percent with rate, and he's changed the pitch mix. And Keller, you know, back in the day, was a really good command pitcher. He wanted to hit his corners. He just didn't have the stuff to get buy anybody. And that's now changed, and he look he looks elite. He looks dominant right now. And it's kind of tough because I know I don't always mean like negative about the pirates, but yeah, it's tough for the pirates sometimes. But this guy looks elite. He's found this, he's found his pitch mix. And that's been the story of this year, guys switching stuff up, change and a I'm throwing a sweeper here and doing this. It's finding the right mix. And Keller has done it, and he is a huge strikeout option right now. He might low key be like our our cheap Pablo Lopez. You know, everything that Pablo Lopez has turned into and become, and he's seven to eight strikeouts every single game. Keller might low key start being that person.
Speaker 1: Wonky, I love you, but Mitch Keller, come on, come on, Wonky. All right, Mel has a this is I gott I do want to talk about this. It wasn't on the sheet, but Mel p two bringing this up here in the chat. It says, please talk about Paxton Joe exclamation point. I don't know what to tell you. I have packs in a few leagues because I stashed him on my eye l and I thought, well, he's been terrible. I'll probably just drop him on Sunday. And then he goes out there Sunday and he drops nine strikeouts and I don't know what to do. He legitmately, like do I drop him back into the pile? Do I cut somebody? I am about a complete lost right now? Welsh?
Speaker 2: What is what are the options? Because like I watched that start, because I remember I had.
Speaker 1: The two total runs strikeouts.
Speaker 2: Yeah wait, he gave up two total runs in the first inning, and I was like, here we go. But then he started getting into place. I will say, if you watched ninety seven, no, he stuff looked good and he got a couple of calls that went his way that could have maybe effected and changed the game up a tiny bit, but still either way, he looked good and he was sweeping across. So I mean, but what's the option, what's the option of packs and versus who? For you?
Speaker 1: Well, not for me. For me, it's a different set of circumstances because he's got keeper implications and stuff like that. So I've got to, you know, just be careful. But I'm just saying for everybody out there who I think was stashing him, they probably looked at us like, well, whatever I took a flyer didn't work, and just go throw him back. But now you have a little bit of a roster crunch.
Speaker 2: I mean, how about this, how about this, let me present this to you, James Paxton off of that performance versus everybody has dropped Taj Bradley and the Rays are falling apart, and you can speculate on Taj Bradley coming back up even though he's been bad in the miners. We've talked about what he's been doing. So what's say you would you drop Paxton to uh stash Bradley right now?
Speaker 1: I would still want Bradley long term because I'm always terrified of Paxton. But if you are in a dog fight right now, and you are at the top, and you want to stay on the top, you gotta roll with Paxson because he's there, because he's making is gonna make contributions, maybe for better or worse. But he'd got to be there to make an impact. And that's the only thing I think. If you're at the top of this, if at the bottom of the standings or middle of the standings, then you can have a little bit of like leeway with stuff. But if you're at the top of the standings, you got to stay at the top. And I don't know if Bradley is the way to do that right.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just don't know.
Speaker 2: Paxton's the way.
Speaker 1: I just now Paxton are fought because I'm sure that's a real one for a lot of.
Speaker 2: People, probably is a real one. I just like, I don't believe, and I'll be wrong about this. I don't believe that James Paxson is going to be good for long term, and it also has to do with his health. So I guess I would take fought. I would take Taj Bradley because I just don't believe. I also want to play like upside and I have a really hard time buying into that with James Paxson, even though he looked pretty good. Even though the fastball was good, off speed stuff was good.
Speaker 1: This is an easy question too. We got an easy one here. Tim wants to know better packs and James Paxon or Bill Paxon's clearly Bill Paxton, I mean the brother in Weird Science Aliens. I mean, come on, Bill Paxson, what's the treasure? Oh? And what a simple plan? That is a great movie with Billy Bob Thornton who plays his brother. And they I think it's a Stephen King story actually, and they find this this it's like a helicopter, small plane that crashes with this whole big case full of money. They don't know who these people are, where it is, and it's kind of what happens to them in this small town when they take this money and then slowly the things leak out about who these people were. Great little thriller kind of movie. Bill Paxson's tremendous National Treasure.
Speaker 2: Bill Paxon, Okay, yeah, Bill, I'm Bill Paxson.
Speaker 1: Bill Paxson, James Paxton. A couple of moments there, but Bill Paxon one hundred percent. Let's get I don't know, I got nothing there. Welsh.
Speaker 2: By the way, just pointing out true lies. Maybe my favorite Bill Paxson, like of all time? Is it true lies? When he's the car dealer ship guy I love.
Speaker 1: I just like the brother in Weird Science to me, the older brother who's such a jerk, you know, and then he gets turned into that pile of goo. You remember that, Like just that weird pile of goo. Yeah, you know. I know I'm a little older than you. So but like Weird Science, I mean.
Speaker 2: Come on, no, I mean I've seen Weird Science.
Speaker 1: But like I am jelly, so good, so good as the guy when he's freaked out in that movie. There's nothing better than that except prize Picks. That's what's better. Right now, you can go out and download the app, or you just go to prizepicks dot com and start to play. It's super fun. Welsh has been killing it here and use that promo code leading off when you sign up against one word leading off, get one hundred percent to pause a match up to one hundred bucks. Put one hundred bucks in, get a hundred See how that works, Welsh, what's working for you? On the prize picks today.
Speaker 2: All right, let's pick him out. Let's get going, and I've got three plays for you. So this is a twenty pays of hundred if you want to play these out. First up, Hunter Green, his strikeout's kind of low today going up against Colorado. I think there's obviously a worry he's gonna get run out of town. Colorado actually hasn't been striking out to like any aggressive degrees. But this is still Hunter Green five and a half, and I believe he's hit this in three of his last four when I was doing my research. So Hunter Green strikeouts, I'm gonna take the over. I like Pete Alonzo today in a lot of places. He eats up Patrick Corbyn with a three fifty batting average above, so you're gonna see him kind of across the board. So I will play total basses. Sometimes I want to play Fantasy points, but in this case, I'm gonna just just just in case. Just a nice little double from Pee Alonzo, I'm gonna go there. And George Kirby's Fantasy score is low, and that has a lot to do with his really low strikeout numbers, even though the last start was solid twenty four and a half is his fantasy score, and outs in a win alone can get you there. I actually very tempted to take his strikeouts today, but I'm jumping all over that George Kirby fantasy score twenty four and a half, over Alonzo total bases and Hunter in strikeouts. Those are my three plays.
Speaker 1: Before I get to my prize picks, I've got to first call somebody out tracks. He was not in Spaceballs. That's Bill Pullman, you goon, Yeah, that's not Bill Paxton.
Speaker 2: But for one of my all time favorite movies.
Speaker 1: Thank God for Sabo's goggles because Tombstone, Now I forgot for a moment there. I space Tombstone, one of my all time favorite movies. If Tombstone is on, it's like Goonies for me. If it's on and I'm flipping around the channels, that will be the rest of my afternoon or even whatever. I'm just gonna end up watching the whole thing. It's so and I don't even like Westerns. I don't care.
Speaker 2: It is Susterns.
Speaker 1: Tombstone is I think the all time best of that genre. It's so good. Also, I forgot too, he was in Apollo thirteen another great movie too, uh and uh Titanic. Also, I forgot he was in Titanic. I was looking at some of the really little pieces. Yeah. Remember he's the guy. He's the modern day like, he's the guy with the old lady who's like, oh, come on, old lady, maybe you can help us find the thing that you threw over the you know.
Speaker 2: Again, there's a lot of it's like, all right, I'm gonna see it.
Speaker 1: And then I'm I saw Taic once in the theater and I went, okay, I'm good show heel Tani. I'm also a good pitch your strikeout seven. Let's go to over, George Kirby at four four, I want go over. Here's a fun one I like too, The Hits plus runs plus RBI one and a half on Kyle Tucker today. I like that one. That is a good one for mister Tucker. For betting today, I got a three leg parlay four y okay. I got the New York Yankees to upset. I know Alec Minoa is typically money against the Yankees, but this guy's been hot mess. You're getting plus one forty two. You can bet this on its own. Seattle if you want to add this to the mix. Pretty good favorite favorites, even though they're on the road. Kirby against the Red Sox minus one twenty four and you're getting either even money on vpople or I even found it on FD at plus one hundred for the Twins. Pablo Lopez against Cindergard. Yes, please put the Yanks Mariners twins together. You get plus seven to seven to four, so that is a more than seven to one, almost eight to one you're gonna make. If there are ten bucks on there, you win seventy seven. That's a pretty good day at the office, right there, Welsh, What do you have in the betting market today?
Speaker 2: I like that Seattle one. I might even play that Seattle one. Just separate.
Speaker 1: You could all three of these separate, I think, and then put them together if you want. And then if you don't hit on all three, you've broken. Even you hit on one or two or two of the three, you're still basically a push for the day, No big deal, no see, no harm, no foul. I don't like Twister. Everyone keep talking about Twister. Twister is fine. I don't like Hellen Hunt.
Speaker 2: I just I also don't like Kellen Hunt, but I like them crazy but anyway, right, I love that Hunter Green strikeout. I like the Otani strikeout. I just don't like the odds on either one of them. So let's just pair them together. Let's just get down with it. It pays you plus one seventy five if you take the over on both Green and Atani strikeouts together. I think that's a pretty fun one. My team total run of the day, I'm going with Houston. So in the first five innings, the Houston Astros just score two and a half runs, plus one ten it's plus money. So that's a really solid one. And I'm gonna go with Pede Lonzo total bases. I don't do total bases a lot, but I'm gonna go with that, even Stephen for Pete a Lonzo. Those are my three plays as of now.
Speaker 1: Amazing to think Bill Paxon, by the way, I'm become the Bill of Paxon Show today. He was also in Commando and The Original Terminator too. What a career for Bill Paxton. Another great movie, One False Move, Great Independence is.
Speaker 2: It Paxton's prospects? Is that gonna be that lucky?
Speaker 1: It's definitely the rookie lucky but back and he passed away in twenty seventeen, far too young. Yeah, that's for sure. Some sad stuff. Here's this is sad too. Albert Casanova says, Alex Bregman is available in my league? Is he a must pick up? Or wait and see what? Who dropped Alex Pregman into Welsh? Why do these things happen?
Speaker 2: Well, because he hasn't been like magnificent.
Speaker 1: I know he's mid. I know we called him mid the other day.
Speaker 2: But is he must pick up in like a ten team league? Is he a must pick up in a ten teague?
Speaker 1: Is he not? Somehow? I mean, I don't Welsh? Does it come to this?
Speaker 2: It's kids getting to that. Like I would pick him up. Sure, I pick them up because I like to buy into track records. It's a great team context hitting and stuff like that, but aggressive, but you know in twelve teaming up it's like a no brainer.
Speaker 1: But I'm not. I'm not the biggest breaking bike either, But like you shouldn't be a free agent, that's for sure. And if he is, you pick him up, you put him on You're so rare team, that's right, So rare dot com. This is what's sweeping the nation. If you like fantasy baseball and you like digital cards, you just like collecting stuff. You collect the players, you assemble them like the Avengers, and you go play so rare Fantasypros dot com slash collect. That's where you sign up. It's free, it's fun. I started doing it last week. It's super cool. Go check it out. So rare MLB at Fantasypros dot com slash collect and today the DFS slate that we are looking at. This is very simple. So here's your approach today. You've got four pitchers that are all right in the same price wheelhouse, all four of good matchups. One of the four is gonna pop. You create your lineup in terms of hitters around this price range, which is about ten point five K all right above him. Below you've got George Kirby at ten, Frey pril to ten to nine, Framberg at ten to seven, Pablopez a ten to four, as long as you have between ten and eleven K available for that pitcher spot. Basically, use the same lineup that you like, whatever you can get in there that you feel good about. Seattle, Houston, those are two spaces you're looking for a potential offense today. You go ahead and that's how you approach it, and then just interchange the pitchures. One of these guys is gonna hit and take you in a tournament to a big spot. Colton Wong two point three, Alex Bregman who is mid at two point eight. I hope it's two home runs today, Alex Kiirrolov two nine and Bryce Ran two point five. Those are some of the guys to help offset some of that cost. Welsh. Let's look at the board, shall we? Fantasybroos dot com slash Yeah, that's where you make it. Oh my god, look at that. Just squeak it in by the hair on his chinny chin chin. The Welsh is at number ten. I'm so proud. Eleven Homers primetime still at fifteen. Guys, don't let Welsh win. Don't do don't let this happen again. If you want to join, we're giving away an autographed Corbyn Carol helmet and it just goes to show you if you had a bad April doesn't matter because nobody had a worse April than Welsh. And look how good he's been so Welsh, I know you had a bunch from from our boy, Aaron Judge, I'm going with Alvarez again. I'm just sticking with it tonight. Where are you going for your home run call?
Speaker 2: Oh Man, hot as can be? Yeah, And I did that a horrid, horrid April like first three weeks. I don't think I had a single home run call. Look at that, all right, I'm gonna go with Pete Alonzo, no shocker with everything I said. I think he's got five career homers versus Patrick Corbin. This is a BVP play. Patrick Corbin in general is not as bad as we like to present. But you know, remember you had the like I'm attacking Patrick Corbin every time, been a little bit better than we assumed. He give up six homers last month, He's only giving up one homer. There's a little bit of Donus in there, and Peter Alonzo owns him. He calls him daddy. So Peter Alonzo, home run today, get me back further up on the board, so I'm not off immediately tomorrow.
Speaker 1: There you have it. Ending on this note, because Joseph Mosca hilarious and the chat today, I actually wanted to watch Twister, praying Helen Hunt would get swept up in the Tornado. Yes, me too. My personal hell would be tied to a chair having to watch all six seasons of Mad About You. That would be my own.
Speaker 2: Booh, you have like a deep hatred.
Speaker 1: For I can't stand her, and even that that great movie she did with Nicholson, as good as it gets. Just the whole time, I was like, why can't anyone else be in this? But her?
Speaker 2: Was the Alien movie? Wasn't she in the Alien Movie?
Speaker 1: I don't know, That's all I know. And someone just said too, jose abrew was dropped in my league. Well that's different. Jose Ah Brady is an older player who fell off last year and he's been terrible this year. And his ADP Brekman was still somebody that was pretty high up there in ADP. But you know what, he has not been the same player since the scandal. I think we can a agree on that. So that is one interesting bit of news. Tomorrow, since we'll have more time so much weekend action, we'll get into more of this prospect list. I put it in the Rookie Lookie section for tomorrow already so that we carry it over. And we broke two hundred live watching today, so Bravo everybody, all of you out there hanging out. Shout out to Bill Paxton, Shout out to McLean making his debut today along with the Texas Ranger pitcher Bradford, who is of both those guys. Good luck to them, godspeed, whatever the hell that means. And then tomorrow we'll come back and do it all again every day twelve thirty live on the YouTube channel. Make sure you subscribe to Fancy Bros. MLB, and I'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 2: My bad is