Speaker 1: Welcome to the Solid Verbal I'll that for me. I'm a man, I'm for I've heard so many players say, well, I want to be happy, you want to be happy for dake Ado State? Is that? Whoo whoom? And Dan and Tie welcome back to the Solid Rebel Boys and girls. My name is Ty Hildebrand, joining me as always over there in rainy, very rainy New York City. My man Dan Rubinstein, Sir, how are you?
Speaker 2: I am super excited for Marie Condo Part two? Is that what we're doing, That's what I prepare for.
Speaker 1: No, we're doing a Q and A show tonight.
Speaker 2: We're doing well, it's sort of a Q and A show, right, It's we asked for a specific topic. We have a specific theme, and we just used people to help us source the actual topics. Yes, so it's not a full que's there's a section of it that is creatively Q and A. I guess the whole thing is creatively Q and A. But it's very specific. And I particularly like this topic and I like this kind of show because I can throw out a number, a likelihood number. That's the theme of our show is coming up with likelihood percentages of certain events. Happening or not happening. And when they do happen, I can SAYH nailed it in June. And if it doesn't happen, if say Penn State goes oh to three against Michigan Schools and Ohio State, I can say, you know I was confident then, but you know it's it was an exercise and you know you just got to you got to feel through the motions to combine like three different idioms.
Speaker 1: So a show like this is at no risk to the host. Love a good hedge, no risks at all whatsoever to the host.
Speaker 2: Hi, I'm Ti. He's Dan.
Speaker 1: Solid verbal at gmail dot com is the email as always, or you can go out to solid verbal dot com where you can find all our old episodes how to subscribe. You can also sign up for our newsletter, which I know I've been teasing this now for weeks and months and years on end. You probably want to sign up for the newsletter. Soon We've got we've got stuff in the works. I say it every week. I'm not byessing you. Trust me. I'm not b yessing you. I was running ties running now I'm not running. I have been talking to you, Daniel more over the last three weeks, i'd say on a daily basis than ever before. I gotta say I still like you. You're still a good dude.
Speaker 2: I disagree, but I appreciate you thinking that externally. Yeah, there's we've had a lot of war room discussions, a lot of Google documents, more so than usual.
Speaker 1: And go on.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm pretty excited for whatever this potential next version of the Solid Verbal is because it's it's been a long time coming.
Speaker 1: Also, don't forget to follow us out there on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. And there's a subreddit. We didn't start it. We moonlight as redditors from time to time on our own subreddit, but m hmm, it's mostly just a bunch of superverballers out there at reddit dot com. Slash are slash Solid Verbal. If you want to talk about all the episodes, you want to contribute feedback after the fact, during while you're listening, what have you. It's out there. We've got a teeming community.
Speaker 2: See if you can spot ties anonymous account.
Speaker 1: No, I don't, I don't do that.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give you a hint. It might be it might be Barry Alvarez's butt cheeks. I'm not going to say, that's for sure. And you know what, I'm very excited after I made the Nick Saban deep Fakes joke that there is a user nick Saban deep fakes.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: So I think if we just keep making very specific jokes about coaches, eventually people will keep having to sign up. They'll have to sign up for the reddit, the subreddit, and there will just be a Barry Alvarez's butt cheeks. That's just how it works on Reddit.
Speaker 1: Well, Daniel, congratulations, Skippy, you've got mail.
Speaker 2: You've got mail on the solid.
Speaker 1: Verbal As often as we can. We like to pay homage to those of you who write into soliverble at gmail dot com. But over the course of time, you know that's expanded. Not just the email, it's also the Facebook, also the Twitter, also the Instagram, also the Reddit. Any which way you can get a question to us. Where we've done our best here to compile that into a trustee Google document. We're going to work our way through it. As you mentioned at top, got some likelihood questions. We've also got some other choice questions.
Speaker 2: It will tease it out.
Speaker 1: We will tell you when the football portion of this here show has reached its natural conclusion before we dive into some of the other topics.
Speaker 2: I think it's just one main topic.
Speaker 1: Ty It is corporate bathroom meticut correct.
Speaker 2: Corporate bathroom etiquette, behavior, recommendations, strategies. This is something that, if all works out in the universe, you will dedicate your life, books, podcasts, merchandise, self help seminars to explaining how to be the best bathroom attendee.
Speaker 1: We will get into all that and more before where we do. I got an email here I just want to cover this briefly. At Genlein by the name of Adam, who listens religiously to the show, writes in to say that his father, Fred, a Notre Dame fan, a verballer, currently suffering from lymphomo. Oh no, He just wanted to know if we could give him a shout out, and I thought we'd be happy to oblige. So Fred, if you're out there, if you're listening, do your best, keep up the good fight, keep watching those irish and stay solid.
Speaker 2: All right, Yeah, shout out Fred?
Speaker 1: All right? Where do we want to go? First? In?
Speaker 2: Okay, So the exercise is quite simple. We asked for you to submit a potential twenty nineteen situation say, like I said before, Penn State goes two to one against the Michigan schools in Ohio State. I believe two of those are on the road, and we are just going to come up with a percentage of this is how likely it is to happen. And in my mind I'm thinking about, like if the season we're played one hundred times, this many times and these this many simulations, it would actually happen. If that, If that jibes with how your brain is working, sure, if not, whatever, So let's start there. Penn State, who is a little bit thinner, had a lot of transfers this past offseason, which is gonna happen with you know, recruiting on the high level that they did. I think they finished with in terms of class I think they were top ten with regards to like the average grade. So they're bringing in a ton of great athletes. Two and one are better against Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State two and one or from the Maui beer guy.
Speaker 1: I'm going under. So if I'm putting a percentage on that, I understand I already broke the rule. I'm sorry. Thirty three percent chance that they go too and one against that competition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got thirty percent. Yeah, it's a tough road. What do you hear like when you put your ear to the ground an Eastern peak? Are you asking for some inside information here? Do? What do you hear about Shan Clifford.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I'm hearing, to be honest, I am hearing in general, I think an optimistic tone from a lot of Penn State fans. Sean Clifford. He was a four star kid. Sean Clifford had an opportunity to play a little bit last year. Ye all in all, the reviews on him were pretty positive. He played in the spring game. Remember we thought Tommy Stevens was going to be the guy, But Thomas Stevens is moving on.
Speaker 2: So starting at Mississippi State.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll be at Misissippi State. So you know, I think the reviews on Clifford have been positive, but I think those are very much tempered by the fact that he's not Trace McSorley, And therein lies the source of the angst if you're a Penn State fan, because Trace was there, obviously the most winningest quarterback in the history of the program, set a ton of passing records and was a winner through and through. It's a lot to go from first off in offense that had Joe Morehead and Saquon Barkley, trace mcsorrely in a better receiving corps and now kind of dwindled down because college football naturally cycles itself through to essentially a whole new cast of characters. So I think there is cause for optimism, but also cause for a little bit of like, let's wait and see with Clifford.
Speaker 2: So you're saying it's not super likely that they win two of those three, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: No, because the Ohio State games on the road late in the year, Ohio State is going to be tuned up for that one, you know it.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure Ohio State and Michigan both have pretty easy It's like Rutgers before for Ohio State, and I believe it's Illinois before Penn State for Michigan. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And on the Penn State side, they're on the road at Iowa a week before they come home to play Michigan, and then that game is a week before they traveled East Lansing to play Michigan States. That's a tough stretch there in mid to late October. I just you can say that they're not going too and one against those three teams and still mean no disrespect to Penn State. I would expect Michigan and Ohio State are both going to be pretty good this year.
Speaker 2: Couple of these well, first of all, we also got like, is James Franklin going to be the coach next year or in two years or in four years? And like man Penn State fans, Wow tough. I'd put it sixty percent that he will be in I think three years sixty percent. Herefore, yeah, I'd put it right around there. Yeah, I think more likely than not Seth Latrell coaches a Power five team in twenty twenty. North Texas has done well, has been on this show, has done a really good job as part of a development team for a quarterbacks everywhere, Nick Foles, a couple guys at North Carolina, Mason Fine was his name was brought up for Kansas State this year, went to Oklahoma. From Oklahoma, doesn't look like an Oklahoma job will be available. But if we're focusing southwest south, do you think Seth Latrell is a Power five coach?
Speaker 1: I think it's going to happen eighty percent eighty percent, eighty percent of the job.
Speaker 2: What's the range of job? Like I could see dominoes if Matt Campbell leaves Iowa State is does do you leave North Texas for Iowa State?
Speaker 1: Probably not, No, not if you're not if you're second kill. I think he can wait on something. He could definitely wait on something. The question is will he you know, like, even if it's not a job in the heartland where maybe he's more familiar or in the.
Speaker 2: Texas see opens up or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, someone's gonna want his services, even if.
Speaker 2: It's s C too big a job for Ceth Probably, I mean it's gonna be Jack del Rio again. I mean he's always in the running day. Seth Litrall does a great job at Arizona running that offense for a number of years.
Speaker 1: I M.
Speaker 2: There's part of me that says that USC would whiff on their first three. Of coursely Seth Latrell, that's how you get Jack del Rio. But maybe Graham Harrell is suddenly a USC. And we had somebody asking us I think it was one fell swoop a long time for Baller about Graham Harrell and could he potentially take over. We have a couple of USC success catapulting Graham Harrell into Power five job consideration, or Graham Harrel takes over as an interim guy if Clay Helton has fired mid season, which I don't know if that's gonna happen. I don't know what the point of that would be unless he's putting players in danger or something. That's a big leap for Graham Harrell. I think he's thirty four, what three three thirty four, That feels like a huge leap, But maybe he has huge success. I think Seth Latrell, I'm saying yes, I think more likely. Yeah, I'm gonna say more likely than not. I'm gonna say fifty five. Now I'm fifty five. That okay, I'm going a little boulder with eighty. I think it'll happen.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you honestly where, but my guess is, with the way he's turned North Texas around in very short order, someone's gonna want those services.
Speaker 2: Mentioned it just momentarily. Matt Campbell is still the Iowa state head coach following the end of the twenty nineteen season.
Speaker 1: This is kind of the same question, right, It's kind of the same question. Matt Campbell obviously a lot higher profile.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's succeeding at a Power five place.
Speaker 1: Yes, So I guess the question is, all right, where else would he go? Because it's a little bit of a different scenario in the case of Campbell, because he would be looking for a step up for sure. What would that step up look like for Matt Campbell?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Again, I thought he would have left after last year that didn't have job. I don't know. I don't know again. Stop trying to pin me down.
Speaker 2: On was the Ohio State job was the one that he was tied to before it became clear that Ryan Day was just going to ascend to the head coaching position.
Speaker 1: I still feel like it's more likely than not. But my confidence, I gotta be honest, is pretty damn shaken after last year. So I'm going to go like fifty two percent, I.
Speaker 2: Have forty one. I don't think he is going to be, but I I think we are due for a good number of big ten changes.
Speaker 1: What it is was the question he will be or he won't be. He is still Iowa State.
Speaker 2: So by me saying forty one, I'm saying it's less than fifty to fifty that he is.
Speaker 1: Let me let me go inverted version of my previous statement and say forty eight percent.
Speaker 2: Forty eight percent, so slightly less than toss up correct. What are the jobs if because he's from Ohio, which again that doesn't necessary, he could go to USC, sure, and that I think that would be a nice win for sc But what are the jobs that presumably if he is going to be picky, which I think he should be, I think he's going to be in demand enough, being young, energetic and well liked and recruiting super well, I think he can be choosy. So what what does that mean to you? It could blue.
Speaker 1: Blood only, it could mean the NFL, could mean the NFL, And I think that's, you know, short of knowing details about who's on the hot seat and who isn't right, I think that seems like a more like the scenario.
Speaker 2: Somebody in the NFL would want him, you think so? I think was his name come? I know James Franklin's name has come up.
Speaker 1: If James Franklin's Name's coming up, Matt Campbell's name should come up too.
Speaker 2: I would say to never count out the Michigan schools right now, just with I mean D'Antonio might be there for the next thirty five years. I don't know. At Michigan State, but we'll see. With Harbaugh, I think he'd like to be there for a long time. But who knows. Other than that, there's not you know, you could have a surprise retirement like Kirk Farence or something. What about it's not blue blood?
Speaker 1: What about a job like UCLA if your theory holds. If my theory holds, and Chip Kelly calls a quits, that could be an intriguing place, top job, hire a young coming coach. I think he's just going to keep waiting for a Midwest or Southern blue blood. We keep waiting for the thing with Gus Melzon to explode at Auburn. I'm not convinced at this point it ever happens, but they would probably be Oh, it will definitely happen eventually. You will definitely happen. Eventually. It will.
Speaker 2: That'd be such a wild fit. I love that. Oh I can be talked into that. Right now.
Speaker 1: What's what's Matt Luke's status at Old Miss.
Speaker 2: I mean he's there, he is there, He's showing up for work, is they're riding out their situation. I don't think that's I don't think Matt Campbell needs to go to Old Miss. Just throwing out potentially here, Dan, he's gonna be choosier than Old Miss. Next one, I love this one. Alabama has two losses before bowl season.
Speaker 1: Whoa before bowl season? Ah? Yes, I have it at two percent. Two regular season losses is what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Two regular season losses. I have it at two percent. But I'm curious to hear from you. What are the two games? And I have Alabama's edule up right now. Yeah, so we've got road game wise. Just give me their two most likely road game wise. It's Duke Neutral. God, that sounds like such a good name. South Carolina, Texas A and M Mississippi State Auburn. With Mississippi State coming traditionally as it does after the LSU game on.
Speaker 1: The road, I guess you got to throw A and M in there.
Speaker 2: A M is a very difficult place to play.
Speaker 1: Difficult place to play. Kellen mand Back A.
Speaker 2: Couple of years ago, I had a made place against Alabama.
Speaker 1: Good coach that I've got confidence in. They've recruited.
Speaker 2: Well, your too, Mike Elco. Yeah, A and M.
Speaker 1: I think is a possibility if we're gonna split hairs. There is the Auburn game late in the year. We don't know what's going to happen at Auburn. There's some turnover at Auburn, especially at quarterback, but presumably by late November they'll have that sorted out. Ord knows by late November. Last year, that didn't sort the running game out, which could be an issue again this year if they don't figure something out in the interim. But the Mississippi State I'm still not buying in on the Mississippi State upset potential there. Wow, I like Joe Moorehead, But then the other game I guess that jumps out at me regular season wise would have to be LSU.
Speaker 2: I can't do it. I actually have Mississippi State and Auburn as and mostly for situational reasons a week after LSU and going to Starkville with what I still believed to be a coach who can engineer a pretty decent offense any week of the year in Joe Moorehead Auburn Gus Melsan supposedly isn't back, is back in control of this Auburn offense, so situationally, more time for Alabama players, not hoping this on anybody to get hurt, perhaps crucial ones. So I have late in the year as being those answers because I don't see that obvious team that has that mix of fearless quarterback, tall receivers and defense who can withstand Alabama. I don't see that combination. But if I'm gonna buy low on anybody right now, it's Mississippi State, and hey, maybe Tommy Stevens is pretty good. Know it's Joe moorehead system.
Speaker 1: So what I'm gonna do is the thing that I see them doing all the time. On like five thirty eight, I'm gonna go a less than one percent chance. Oh yeah, there were no there were no stipulations in your rule set that these needed to be positive integers.
Speaker 2: So that's true.
Speaker 1: Give me like a point eight percent chance of Alabama with two losses pre Bowl season.
Speaker 2: I don't believe Nielsen rates shows that are below a certain threshold, that's right. I think it's like ten thousand viewers or something. So it's na na, yeah, na, okay, that works for me. Next item, let's do a good one, but bu bu ba. I like this one a lot. Oklahoma fields a top fifty defense this season. I like h higher, Alex Crinch.
Speaker 1: I like the question.
Speaker 2: Now when we say top fifty defense, we have to be specific. You could do yards per play. I have tended to gravitate these past couple of years. Two points per drive. Okaynyson, it's it's pay s adjusted. I like that. Mond.
Speaker 1: This is also sort of your own made up statistic.
Speaker 2: It's not. Brian Fremo has a site that does this, and it eliminates garbage time. It is legit. He is half of the F plus system. I'm all in. I mean, this is no longer analytics. You can divide.
Speaker 1: Anything by anything and come up with your own stat that's true, but this is more official. He's part of Football Outsiders. I trust him. I know the name, so I don't I don't mean too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now you're casting aspersions. I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't mean to cast aspersions. But I still feel like this is a little bit of a made up statistic. Just me, How is it made up? To meetup?
Speaker 2: It's just easy. He eliminated garbage time.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you got?
Speaker 2: So this is what I'm this is what I'm using. I think it's nice, so I say sixty percent.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I think it's more likely than not that Oklahoma has a huge rebounding season on defense, because I don't know how much I fully trust offenses with new coaches, new quarterbacks, and the Big Twelve last year was really fun because it was a bunch of returning guys. This year, we'll see, we will see. I mean, there's there's a ton up in the air with Texas Tech, with Kansas State. I mean, let's not be super worried about Kansas, but TCU as a basically a brand new quarterback room. I am. I'm feeling bullish about Oklahoma fielding a confusing ghost What did I say? Seeing ghosts? A ghost full defense? In Norman? When Alex Grinch was at Washington State, his worst points per drive defense, if that's a metric that we're comfortable with, was fifty third nationally with lesser talent, so pace adjusted. Even if there is a lot of points and yards in Oklahoma games, I think it's more likely than not that they're an actual pretty good defense with a full off season reboot.
Speaker 1: What was Oklahoma's rating last year by your.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, was it not good? It was in the hundreds.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was.
Speaker 2: I can dial it up right now, you know, pin my ears back.
Speaker 1: Sure, dial up Big twelves. Big twelve is a tough conference. If that's one hundred and thirteenth. Yeah, you got a lot of high powered offense in the Big twelve. And that's not not app to changing time soon. It's just sort of the style of play. We've said for a long time that, first off, if you're Oklahoma, you don't necessarily need to get into the top fifty to make a sizable impression with a competent defense. It just needs to be somewhat more competent than it's been. That would have made a serious impact over the last couple of years if it were the case in Norman. I look, I don't know what statistic we should use, but I know that Alex Grinch has been really good everywhere he's been, and furthermore, he's made a pretty immediate impact. So I am more inclined to believe that it's going to happen than not. What do you say, sixty.
Speaker 2: Percent to sixty percent, I'll go sixty five percent sixty five percent.
Speaker 1: I really trust in Alex grinch. I do.
Speaker 2: Stanford was the fiftieth last year nationally in defensive points allowed per drive, So yeah, I don't think that's a crazy threshold. Next item, Tie, we will hear so likelihood percent chance we will hear about Kirk Farence's tenure at Iowa and the culture he has built in Iowa's I've had one hundred and forty seven percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's right.
Speaker 2: You've got to admire what Kirk Farence is built here at Iowa. He is the dean of Big tenn.
Speaker 1: Can we talk briefly about the time we interviewed Kirk Farence. He was great, again we can very nice. Yeah, a little short on personality, but that's he's a football coach. Those are your words. I thought he was delightful, very nice guy. No, very nice guy, but honest to god. We could quit this show tomorrow and if you asked me one of my top ten top fifteen moments of doing the show, it would be that moment when we asked coach Ferrence, what is your favorite TV show? And he didn't he did not have an answer.
Speaker 2: They're not like you and I Tie, I know, but he didn't have an answer. He didn't even make one up. He didn't even try. He's like, ah, I respect that. There are some people who will answer that question and make up an answer, and they'll just say I don't know. Sopranos like, oh yeah, anything resonate the Italians. I respect him saying no, I'm not saying I lost any respect for him.
Speaker 1: It was just it was such such a moment where you could see that he he had nothing, and he didn't really try to make anything up. He just he had nothing. It's such a common question, and he's like, nah, it's just I don't know. I got no idea.
Speaker 2: You ever get asked like, hey, you reading anything good? I hate that question. I hate that question. Uh huck finn.
Speaker 1: I never have an answer.
Speaker 2: I mean I sometimes read books, and I sometimes don't read books because I stare at screens all day and sometimes I just like zoning out and hanging with my wife and eating Greek food or something.
Speaker 1: I desperately want to be known as someone that reads a lot of good books. Yeah, I can't honestly say I've read a full book in a long time, and really most of the time, this is a show about honesty. If I've got an hour to kill at night. We're popping in FIFA nineteen dog.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I thought you gave. I thought you retired.
Speaker 1: I did well. I retired for a while. But then they put some there hold you back in.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I actually think they adjusted some of the difficulty to make it seem a little easier. I also stopped playing online and started playing in the small offline dynasty mode, where I've got difficulty cranked way down.
Speaker 2: You put some bumpers on it.
Speaker 1: It's more fulfilling now.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I am reading a good but I happened to be reading a good book now. But so if anybody wants to read Range by David Epstein, I recommend it. It's really good. I tried the audiobook thing. It's just it's I don't mind that. Especially for road trips or long commutes, they're good.
Speaker 1: I did listen to actually an audiobook, The full drive home from your wedding in Chicago.
Speaker 2: Oh, that was right, that was fun. But's wife Kate got sick and you guys had to you were grounded.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Okay. The percent chance that Army goes into the Big House September seventh beats Michigan Army is going to be pretty good this year. I like that sound you just made. Yeah, they'll be good.
Speaker 1: Army is going to be pretty good this year. They may not beat Michigan, but they're going to be pretty good this season.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Wow.
Speaker 1: So they play September seventh, mm hmm. Tough system to prepare for.
Speaker 2: Their coach should be at Kansas right now. Wow, this chi loses a good amount up front. Didn't Army have Oklahoma on the ropes? Was it last year or the year before? Yeah? And that was on pay per view the great like Twitch Night of twenty eighteen, and everybody looked at like, oh, Kyler Murley on one hundred and twenty yards but it was like fifteen yards per attempt or something. It's that was that last year. It probably.
Speaker 1: It probably shouldn't be higher than like ten percent mm hmm, but I'm gonna put it at like sixteen percent. I got it like forty really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's gonna be something weird early on this year with a national title contender. It's just it's been so boring with the top teams, the teams that are allegedly contenders. I think it's going to be a very strange September, and this is one of those reasons. So it's less likely that it happens in my mind. But man, to just like jump into the season, I don't know. Who does Michigan have Week one? I'll pull it up, okay, But to jump into the season they have Okay, so they have Middle Tennessee, which has been a decent program. But to jump into the season and get Army and it's before bye week, which is nice, but whoof I don't know. I'll go a little bit.
Speaker 1: They're down a lot upfront. I really like Army this year. I don't know Devin Bush realistically enough to beat Michigan.
Speaker 2: Will Hudson's back, Okay, all right?
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 2: Dana Holgerson wins nine games at Houston this year?
Speaker 1: WHOA?
Speaker 2: I have it at thirty six percent, and that's because I think it's fewer than nine. I love Deeric King. He's not gonna be do He's coming off of a you know, pretty rough injury. And even if he gets back to roughly where he was as one of the more underrated players in terms of electricity nationally, Buddy, that defense was rough that back half of twenty eighteen. That Houston defense was dropped, getting forties and fifties dropped on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the problem with Holgerson is when you're looking at his skill set, you're not looking at a coach like him and saying, this is a defense a specialists who can come in and immediately make our defense a top four unit.
Speaker 2: I thought he hired pretty well at West Virginia. I thought Tony Gibson did a good job turning around what started out as a nightmare of a defense for West Virginia and turned them into a downright feisty unit.
Speaker 1: I mean, there are immediately two losses on here.
Speaker 2: It's going to take some time immediately two loss.
Speaker 1: At Oklahoma to open up the year, at UCF to open up November.
Speaker 2: Those are Texas. You're just writing that in as a loss.
Speaker 1: That's a loss.
Speaker 2: That's only Kensey Milton, Okay, Brandon wood bush Baby. I like the other guy they had at the end of last year.
Speaker 1: He was real good, wasn't he.
Speaker 2: I mean, not great against LSU, but he was he was fun against Memphis. I have them winning fewer this schedule is so that what they lose to SMU and Temple, they don't have Temple on the schedule this year. Yeah, Wazoo Oklahoma at UCF Memphis. I think Brady White's eligible for a ninth year. I don't know what's going on with Navy, but yeah, I think they lose another one beyond that, whether it's Tulane North Texas, Tulane should be really really fun upfront on defense, So yeah, I have I have a seven to five year for Houston year one, but ascending. I think they're going. They're on their way up. Yeah, a lot of shootouts. I think they'll be one of the more fun teams to watch nationally. Texas and Oklahoma again split the Red River Rivalry shootout whatever and the Big twelve championship.
Speaker 1: Ooh good.
Speaker 2: One wins the first and then they not only do they end up but the other team ends up winning in the championship.
Speaker 1: I think it's likely that they're playing each other twice again, Okay, so there's at least the chance of it happening. And you know, when you play the same team twice, it is easier. I think it's easier for the opponent to change the result the second time through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a super tight game the first time last year.
Speaker 1: I love Texas this year, because I love Texas every year. Even though I think Oklahoma's probably got more talent, I will put this one at a straight up fifty percent.
Speaker 2: Really, so, not only do they face each other twice, which is not the most likely thing, but it's probably the most likely matchup as we sit now. So not only do they play each other twice, but they split results. Okay, I have it at twenty five. I understand the lodge. There's a lot of balls in the air in the Big twelve. Yeah, Stanford has another Heisman caliber running back. Parenthetically that we'll finish second in Heisman voting to a non Pac twelve player despite having better numbers. It's six percent. Let's go that the talent is not in that backfield. Let's go six percent on this end as well. I also think they're shifting strategically. With kJ Costello being the clear big weapon for this offense, I think they're gonna be throwing a lot more. So. Yeah, six percent feels about right to me. Arkansas makes a bowl game. Ooh, so this is what has to happen. Has to happen. Arkansas has to start out four and oh yes, and looking if they don't start out four and oh, then it's pretty much over Portland State, Ole Miss, Colorado State, San Jose State. Three of those four the non ole Miss game all at home, So they need to start out four and oh, and we have to have an uncomfortable, uncomfortable conversation about like, yeah, I know they're four and oh, but A and M on neutral fields and then the road games from their Kentucky, Alabama LSU, So they have to win those four. They're gonna have to hope for some sort of face plant from Miszoo to finish out the season without Drew Locke. They have Western Kentucky. That has to be the six. I mean, traveling to Kentucky is gonna be real tough. Yeah, I don't know who gets overlooked. I don't have the letdown look ahead body blow ish, but I don't. I still don't see it. I'm still not confident in quarterback and I'm very, very wary on this defense. So I think their absolute best case scenario this year is four inn eight because somebody else asks fourn eight is their best case scenario, and that means winning those three early non conference and sneaking by somebody Ole Miss missoo. I don't even know who.
Speaker 1: What's so you're saying fournate's the best case scenario.
Speaker 2: Fourn eight is the best case snario for Arkansas this year.
Speaker 1: You're not even imagining a scenario in which they could go six and six.
Speaker 2: No, I don't see it. I think there's too much. I think the recruiting that Chad Morris has done has been impressive, and I think it'll continue to be. So there's I know, promising blue chip quarterback who's coming in. But I mean even somebody else asked, just for context, I think it's it's Zach here Arkansas wins at least one SEC game frownie face, and so it's at Ole miss and Miszoo for me and Massu's a good team. That's just the fact that they lose Drew Locke is what the only reason I'm going with them. I have it like nineteen percent of them winning at least one Okay Conference.
Speaker 1: Odds of them making a ball I'll say like eight percent.
Speaker 2: Michigan wins the Big Ten. So John Brown, that's it, No no stipulation giving you give me a qualification. Michigan wins the Big Ten. Picture, How that happens. I think it's pretty obvious. Josh Gaddis works out the defense, reloads really well, but does not make it to the playoff.
Speaker 1: WHOA all right, First and foremost.
Speaker 2: What needs to happen for a Big Ten champion, blue blood Michigan.
Speaker 1: Okay, I not make the playoffs. I am very bullish on Michigan this year. Yeah, and some of the very very early reading I've done on Michigan, I'm going to be very high in the Wolverines this season, just giving you, giving you four gat Yeah, I am. I am in on the Wolverines. So if we assume for a second that Michigan is winning the Big Ten, that means in order to do so, they've got to go through a team like Ohio State to do it at home at home, They've got to go through Penn State. They've got to go through Michigan State, who hopefully will be better Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: Nebraska shelled completely shelled Penn State last year.
Speaker 1: Right, So it like, if you make it through the Big Ten, that's already a hell of a resume, yep, which you would think should should put them in a good position and to move forward into the playoff. It then becomes a question of who else around college football is also eligible. Let's assume it's Oklahoma or Texas in the Big Twelve. Let's assume it's Alabama again in the SEC, Clemson in the ACC. I think we're in agreement that whoever comes out of the Pac twelve is probably not going to make that playoff. And I don't think that Notre Dame's going on a repeat performance like they did last year. So if they win the Big Ten, I think it's likely that they also get in the playoff. And I'm pretty high in their Big Ten chances. He's saying that they win the Big Ten but don't go to the playoff, correct, I think it's pretty low that that happens. I'll put that out like five percent.
Speaker 2: Notre Dame has a bye week before Michigan between USC and Michigan, which I believe Michigan has before Notre Dame Penn State on the road, so advantage Notre Dame. All really Michigan has to do to win the Big Ten and not go to the playoff is survive Army, win that game seventeen fourteen and lose comfortably, lose thirty one seventeen to Notre Dame right and run the table in the Big Ten, and all of a sudden we have a comfortable loss and a shaky ish win. I don't think. I don't think barely getting my army is shaky, But in the minds of on the margin voting, I think that's the scenario, and they'll finish out the season in that scenario, beating Michigan State at Ohio State and whoever Northwestern Wisconsin again in the Big Ten championship game. I have it at twelve percent because it's just hard for me to see a Michigan team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't see it.
Speaker 2: If they're good enough to be beating Ohio State and a West champion, they should be good enough to beat Notre Dame at home.
Speaker 1: I feel pretty good about Michigan's chances there if they win the Big Ten, also making in the playoff.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine a season in which Michigan goes into the Maryland game undefeated, is looking ahead to the bye week, and then just gets shelled at Maryland and finishes out winning the Big Ten, and Michigan has to have the same conversations to talk themselves or to talk other people into Michigan as a playoff team that Ohio State has had to have had to have after losing the way they did to Iowa and Purdue these past couple of years.
Speaker 1: That Maryland gives one game, that Maryland game is potentially an open face, let down look ahead sandwich. Yeah, oh, it absolutely is open and, by the way, followed in close succession by the Indiana game, which is the ultimate let down look ahead sandwich. In between a home game against Michigan State and a home game against Ohio State on the road a Memorial Stadium in Bloomington.
Speaker 2: Have you had a chance to figure out your can't fully explain it crushes for twenty nineteen, it's very early.
Speaker 1: It's very early. You should always assume Texas well.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying, like last year you were like, you're feeling hot and bothered for Indiana. I was, yeah, I was like MARYL, I don't know, I don't know who is it? Ty?
Speaker 1: I don't know yet. I haven't. I haven't come to that conclusion yet. It will when it happens. Though. It's never a situation where I am consciously deciding on the crush. It's always a Harry Potter thing where like the wand chooses the wizard. It just it just comes to me. You wake up in a cold sweat. I just don't have any oh something like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Syracuse makes a New year Six Bowl, a New Year's six Bowl. Yeah no, no Grungy or Dungee anymore. No, it's all Deviats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right. The schedule here, I've looked at it.
Speaker 2: There is a path.
Speaker 1: There is a path.
Speaker 2: They have to be Clemson in the Dome, and they have to, like very strangely, win a tiebreaker with Clemson to win the Atlantic.
Speaker 1: If Syracuse were to run the table but lose to Clemson, so they go eleven and one, yeah, I'm not saying that's likely. Put that at like eight percent. But if they go eleven and one with one loss to Clemson, that still probably gets them in a New Year's six Bowl game, doesn't it?
Speaker 2: Eleven and one not making Yeah, absolutely probably.
Speaker 1: So you're saying you said they have to beat Clemson. I don't think they have to.
Speaker 2: They could.
Speaker 1: They could lose to Clemson, they could lose to someone else and provided they've got enough clearance in the ACC otherwise they win enough games. I mean, it's.
Speaker 2: Liberty Maryland Western Michigan, Holy Cross not a murderers bro in a non conference. No, and then you lose to Clemson midway through September, and the case for I love that we're doing this. The case for an eleven one Syracuse making it. I have it at nine percent. I have it at nine percent because I just I think teams are gonna be fine in the ACC. I don't think there's a particular standout after Clemson on their schedule. I don't know if you've talked yourself into Pitt or BC or Louisville and year one but don't win a bunch of games. But I think they're going like eight and four.
Speaker 1: NC State on the road. ANC State is copy and pasted from year to year. It's just like a template.
Speaker 2: I think the last time we saw NCY State they literally were pasted by Travion Williams Streets.
Speaker 1: I'll go what you said eight, I'll say I don't know. Ten.
Speaker 2: Last year was a nice it was a perfect storm, took advantage being really pretty good.
Speaker 1: No, I can't go ten percent, five percent, five percent.
Speaker 2: I'll root for Syracuse.
Speaker 1: I'm not rooting against Syracuse, but sure five percent.
Speaker 2: Tennessee beats Alabama or Georgia. Come on, Rocky Top, Rocky Tie. I'll say twelve percent, twelve twelve, give me twenty eight. I'm feeling saucy, not necessarily because of a love for Tennessee. The Georgia situation is pretty good. I think they have a bye week before Georgia. I mean Alabama's it's at Bama. They're gonna crush Tennessee, but it's early enough in the season. Georgia I like a lot this year. We talked about the odds the odds show we did they have Notre Dame. I think they also have a bye week before Tennessee. But I don't know. There's something about Tennessee this year where I think the Auburn performance last year is a taste of what's to come. I like where they're heading. It's gonna take a little bit, but twenty eight percent fair enough. Next item, Felipe Franks is actually so much better.
Speaker 1: I have to put a percentage on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's so much better. Like you are watching him against Georgia and you say to yourself, so this is the the odds that you were saying to yourself against Georgia. Damn, Felipe Franks. Where was this version looked good against Michigan? Mm hmm, full year, full off season, Dan Mullens system, right, big arm.
Speaker 1: Didn't we mention Felipe Franks when we did our draft?
Speaker 2: Yeah? This was Andy Staples big theory, like he could be the quarterback Daniel Jones that everyone talks themselves into because he's big and he's got the arm, and yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think Felipe Franks has been caught up in a very weird era of Florida football. There's been a lot of turnover. I haven't really figured out the offense, and you know, people forget that he came in as a very highly regarded prospect. People forget and it's been somewhat painful to watch him struggle just knowing that the system hasn't formed around him the way many had hoped. So I think there's a pretty good chance that we've all sold Felipe Franks a little bit short. I do wonder though, if we're a little too late in his development to actually realize his full potential. So that being said, a full year under Dan Mullen, who we know can coach offense, I think it's I think it's more likely than not that we look at Felipe Franks and say, ah, you know it's it's there's a little bit more there than we gave him credit for over the last couple of seasons.
Speaker 2: What I'm hearing Felipe Franks has the opportunity to be this season's Danny Etteling. Okay where and I think it's I forget who it might have been the and the valley shook the headstickers like, actually Danny Etteling is pretty good. There was something like that, and actually Danny Etling was all right. He was all right. Danny Etling his senior year at LSU sixteen touchdowns, two picks, nine yards per attempt, completed sixty percent of his passes. That's pretty good. Do you think Felipe Franks can become Danny Ettling? It's my new question.
Speaker 1: I think he can be better than Danny Eetling.
Speaker 2: That's a good that's a good line. Better than Danny yet Ling. Is that the threshold? Is that the bar right now?
Speaker 1: I get. I mean it's a hell of a bar.
Speaker 2: I mean he had huge performances against not great schools, but he was good against Auburn. Dannyet Ling he was pretty good against uh had A and m later on in that season. I believe we're.
Speaker 1: Both going north of the Dannyetling Mendozel line.
Speaker 2: It was just the Ettling line. I'm saying. I'm saying he's right there. I'm saying he's on the border, saying he's I'm saying he stopped, stopped, and searched in the in the Etling zone on the on the DMZ.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So we got any other percentage questions that we want to tackle here before we move on to greener pastures.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we got a ton of these. Let's see if there's anything we got a lot of, Like Clemson Alabama. Neither Clemson nor Alabama win the national championship. Uh yeah, I mean I have it a little higher than that. I have thirty eight percent. But okay, I don't know. Whenever I see clems in Alabama's name, I just sort of get bored, Like I just like I'd rather think about Iowa State winning the Big Twelve, which Ted did ask us about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's see, this is the problem that both Clemson and Alabama have, at least in regards to this podcast, because when we start getting these questions. It's starting to inch into like which coach would you like to go on a road trip with territory? Right, And we stopped doing that a while ago. Now we can't avoid Clemson in Alabama questions because because they're the two top dogs. But Georgia's probably got something to say, Oklahoma probably got something to say. So you know, there's always a chance. I just oh Ohio State. I don't want to rule out of Ohio State or Michigan, but it just feels so likely to me that it's going to be Alabama or Clemson.
Speaker 2: You'll be shocked to hear that the ACC network is doing a fluff series about Clemson football. Did you see the trailer?
Speaker 1: I didn't see it.
Speaker 2: No, it's rough, it is rough. Go Tigers and all but oh Iowa State. It should be mentioned because Ted asked, and I'd rather talk about Brock Party. This is the stretch they have starting in mid October. West Virginia on the road. Okay, Neil Brown, first year coach, who knows what West Virginia is gonna look like? At Texas Tech. Okay, another first rounder, our first year coach, Oklahoma State, Okay, they'll be pretty good. At Oklahoma and Texas in consecutive weeks with a bye. I believe between the Oklahoma schools, I have Iowa State in the big twelve or four percent, But damn do I want it?
Speaker 1: I do want it. Yeah, it's low, it's around four percent.
Speaker 2: Uh, here's my final percent percentage. Because this is something that's going to be a talking point all year long. Urban Meyer is the new head coach at USC by New Year's Day.
Speaker 1: Oh God, this is gonna be a fantasy things category, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well, the problem with it being fantasy things is Urban Meyer could come out and say I am done, done, done, Not that it means it.
Speaker 1: It does, Yeah, I mean it could mean.
Speaker 2: It could mean less conversation about it throughout the year.
Speaker 1: Urban Meyer coaching rumors is definitely something that needs to get drafted.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's gonna happen. I think he's done. I don't think he's going anywhere. I think he's gonna get a cushy TV job with somebody m either this year or next. I don't know what his official status is, but no.
Speaker 2: He already has it. He already has He's doing the Fox. Remember the game day okay, Fox, he's.
Speaker 1: Gonna get a cushy TV gig and he's gonna run with that for a while. He's gonna remain a hot commodity. But I think he's done. I think he meant it.
Speaker 2: I think so too, and I think USC would probably not be where he goes. He got a taste he got, I mean the biggest you go into Florida and Ohio State. I don't think he's I was gonna say slumming it, but that was just to be mean. That wasn't because I actually meant it. I don't think he's going to USC. I don't think so, just because he's doing a TV job and SC looks like it might come out. I have an eleven percent. I'm never saying never because I think he's a competitive psycho. Yeah, I would say five percent, okay, And the final one has any to do with college football Dan getting an Alexa.
Speaker 1: Oh god, that's zero percent.
Speaker 2: It's no longer zero, no six percent. And I'll tell you why, whoa whoa breaking news? Well, I have Ciri on my phone. Oh god, now my phone is freaking out. When you have a baby in your hands and you want to play music, you don't want to fumble around looking for your phone. It's not going to happen. But I get it a little bit more solid. Baby is up this to six percent?
Speaker 1: Whoa okay? Already changing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh yeah yeah oh everything is flip turned upside down. I lied, and I want to do one more college football one sure Kellen Mond finishes the year just because we inexplicably and I love it. Have a lot of texts ay and M people who listen Kellen Mond is a top two quarterback in the SEC. Can Kellen Mond break top to Ettling threshold?
Speaker 1: He's not a top two quarterback. He's an exciting quarterback, but he's not better than Jake FROMM and he's not better than to a tongue of ioloa.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think this question might be banking on injury or something totally strange happening. Here's we're due for a new stave.
Speaker 1: Yep, right we are. If there's If there's an injury at the top, Kellen Mond is among the next tier that could jump up and jump in and take one of those spots. But as it stands now, no, he's not.
Speaker 2: Okay, who is who is on if from and Tangoailoa are alone in the first tier. Who is with Mond? If Mond is on the second tier, which I believe he is.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just so tough to say. In the SEC this year.
Speaker 2: Right, I would say Jared Quarantano is potentially there, Jake Bentley potentially there.
Speaker 1: Potentially we don't need Joe Burrow. Yeah, Joe Burrow made. We don't know much about the Auburn situation. We know bo Nix is going to be the guy, but I don't know. It might be one of those like fantasy situations where Kellen Mond is his own second tier. Yeah, probably Jake Bentley in there. I would say he's rather Joe Burrow or Kellen Mond. Kellen Mond, their stats are actually pretty much identical against SEC teams last year. I think I'd rather have Kellen Mond.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think though the thing with Burrow is that the stats don't reflect how good he was. He was good in spots when he needed to be, Yeah, in ways that the stats can't bear out.
Speaker 2: I think that's I don't know. I'd rather my quarterback be more consistent than just like show up a little Oh my god, there's Joe Burrow. I'd rather have that Felipe Franks or Kellen Mond kellen Mond okay, Guarantana or Kellen Mond, kellen Mond Okay, they're all Jake Bentley Kellen.
Speaker 1: Mond probably still kellen Mond okay.
Speaker 2: So you I, I can only gather that you have him as number three.
Speaker 1: Then I think he's probably my number three. Yeah, that's what I'm saying. If there is an injury at the top, he certainly can challenge to get into that tier.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, if it's injured top, he's there according to you. Yeah, use he gets hurt too, You never know, that's true. So we've now entered the stage of this podcast where if you were here with an I know we should you. If you came here for the college football content, we're going to take a bit of a left turn now and answer some non college football questions. So we thank you for your download. You're more the welcome to stick around and listen to the remainder of the show. But we have gotten complaints from time to time that oh, you're veering too far from college football, So we just we wanted to let you know we will not take it personally if you decide not to listen to what comes next here but I personally am very excited to get some of these opinions off my chest. I feel like I've got a lot to offer in this phase of the conversation.
Speaker 2: Ty, there's a book that is popular to read two children as they train. Do you know what book I'm referencing.
Speaker 1: I don't think I do.
Speaker 2: Actually, there's a book called Everybody Poops? Right, Everyone Poops?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It binds us all no pun intended. And it's cool if you came here to listen to college football stuff. But you know, if you're a fan of Holy Cross, I don't know how much you care about Michigan football. If you're a fan of I don't know, Washington State, how much you can care about us talking about Felipe Franks and the atlink threshold, I get it. But poop talk, everybody's doing that. Sure, we ask people for questions about office bathroom etiquette.
Speaker 1: I have a question that I've been thinking a lot about, and it comes to us from Genlemine by the name of Trevor Okay. He says a scenario I have at work, as I'm sure many others do. I work at a college. My office space is one of many in three interconnected buildings. There's a common bathroom basically in my office with two stalls. There is a single bathroom about one minute from my office and a quote unquote different building. Don't know what that means, but okay, should I use the no privacy but convenient bathroom or make the extra effort for the single bathroom when I know I'll be a while?
Speaker 2: Right, So this seems like an easy call to me.
Speaker 1: You know where I stand on this. We get questions all the time about I'm an upstart podcaster. Where do I start first? What's the first thing I should do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I respond to a man to a woman by saying, the first thing that you should do is find your own super secret bathroom.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: I think that's where you start, not just in podcasting, but really across all industries life. Yeah, Trevor. The answer here is that you find you cherish and you tell no one about that secret bathroom. You treasure that privacy whatever you can get it if it's convenient to do so. Now, you know, sometimes you're in between meetings, you can't quite accommodate that privacy, but you can't make it a minute, right. I think whenever you can, you walk that extra minute, you get that privacy, and you feel better about yourself for doing it.
Speaker 2: Quite honestly, do you think that's over spoiling his system? And then he will have issues when he does have to go places where there isn't privacy.
Speaker 1: I have encountered a similar situation, and I will say that there is a bit of a mental recalibration that needs to take place.
Speaker 2: But if you do it, if you if you space it.
Speaker 1: Out enough, if you don't steer too too hard into the bathroom privacy angle, you can train.
Speaker 2: You can train.
Speaker 1: Yourself mentally to accommodate pretty much any situation.
Speaker 2: I used to work in an office that was basically a loft, a wide open loft, and the bathroom was right smack in the middle, like jutting out from one of the walls. So there was no hiding. You know, you're not walking down hallways to get to the bathroom. There was no hiding who was in the bathroom, who was on their way, who was waiting to go to the bathroom. It was just out in the open for everybody. And when that happens, you can't help but get reputations about how you leave the bathroom. And so if you are in a shared, confined space next to the bathroom. You were going to have to be okay with earning a reputation good, bad, whatever, probably bad. Nobody really earns good bathroom refuge.
Speaker 1: No, not really.
Speaker 2: And I could tell you right now, I could list off five or six people I used to work with that dropped absolute bombs. Yeah, like, and I'm sure you could as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: There are just certain people where you are, like, I know what's about to go down, and it's it's a carpet bombing. So I would skew that direction. But I get it. I get it that you have to sometimes go close sometimes you you know, the breakfast burrito isn't sitting right and there's no time. Yeah, but I would work in the close when every sing off, and just to get your system used to performing under it.
Speaker 1: You have to train mentally in this game. It's very important, correct, All right, what have we got next? You got anything else? And so many any other bathroom medicate questions?
Speaker 2: Sure, absolutely, Quack twelve, Yeah, maybe it's Quack twelve podcasts. I don't know. Should I attempt to go number two quietly in a public restroom or just have at it and finish the job. Is there any situation in which you are not fully devoting yourself to health, Just at it and finish, Just have at it, you know, it's just be eric Gania. I've always felt it's easier. Yeah, in a public, public place like an airport, uh huh, A lot.
Speaker 1: Less pressure than if you're at a person where you could.
Speaker 2: We're all in it together to just obliterate this room.
Speaker 1: I think that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Whereas if you're at your office or a place where you might actually run into someone, I always worry there's a chance they're going to see my shoes, hm, you know, like if someone's nosy, they're going to put two and two together, they're going to figure it out. Everybody poops though, I know, but these are things that I worry about. Dan, I'm a thoughtful individual. So I think in most cases, in a truly public space like an airport, you just you just have at it. But if you are in a place where you might run into somebody that you know, a co worker, I think you try to make accommodations to sneak it in.
Speaker 2: Okay, because this is a percentile episode. If zero is first date, small apartment, thin walls, terrible, really like her and want to like make a good impression and not like ruin any sort of vibe. That's a zero. Yeah, one hundred is home alone, sixty eight degrees inside your house, great night's sleep, been drinking, you've been You're super hydrated. Everything is just adding up to win dated. Yeah, sure, you just absolutely being yourself. So between zero and one hundred, one hundred being super comfortable, zero being completely blocked and uncomfortable and not wanting to do with anything. What is your work number?
Speaker 1: Thirty five?
Speaker 2: Thirty five? Yeah, I say anything under fifty means you're cutting things short. I'm not cutting anything short, but I'm listen pacing yourself. So thirty five at the office, you're at a holiday at your in laws.
Speaker 1: I'm not worried about that.
Speaker 2: Okay, So your nineties, yeah, uh, in a house of worship, God's watching.
Speaker 1: Let's move on.
Speaker 2: You can't give me a number house of worship.
Speaker 1: I can't honestly say I've ever encountered the situation in a house of worship.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's the better question. You're at Yankee Stadium, unavoidable. Do you want to get in and out as quickly as possible and just do what it takes to get in and out. Yeah, or are you fully dedicating yourself to the cause, knowing you're all in it together. It's a disgusting place. It's like an airport bathroom.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm doing what I can to the middle of the fourth Yeah, just do what I gotta do, get in and out.
Speaker 2: To feel comfortable. So you're at like a twenty there, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I would. I would pretty much go one hundred no matter where I am. I'm incredibly selfish that way.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to this question here from Eric. Yep, why do people try to speak to me in the office bathroom? Yeah, it's a private place. Have you encountered the situation?
Speaker 2: Sure? For sure?
Speaker 1: Have you encountered the situation? So everyone's accounted. The situation where there's just an exchanging of pleasantries just to be cordial.
Speaker 2: Usually at the sink, usually at this or or one person in as another person's leaving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have encountered two situations in the corporate setting that I'd like to discuss here. Okay, the first is the full fledged conversation at the urnal irresponsible. The second situation that I have encountered surreptitiously, mind you, is the vendor, or presumably someone who is not familiar with the bathroom setup. Mm hmm, giving himself a pep talk while at the journal, not knowing that I'm stationed in the in the stall down the road.
Speaker 2: What did the pep talks sound like?
Speaker 1: I gotta be honest a lot stage fright now. No, No, I'm not talking stage fright. I'm talking we've got a big meeting coming up. Let's remain call, going through the presentation. Gotcha, Okay? At the urnal, I feel like that's that. That's just like not knowing your surroundings. Maybe a little too amped up for whatever meeting you've got coming up, but still very weird to me, if I'm being honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the one where you've got.
Speaker 1: The conversation standing there at the urinal, I agree, is irresponsible.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: These are individuals who are raised by wolves, so I don't get that otherwise, though, I feel like Eric, most people are in a similar situation when they're in the bathroom and you're not sure how much you should commit to the conversation, what you're supposed to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm feeling the conversation as quickly as possible.
Speaker 1: Exactly, so I guess my question back to you and you.
Speaker 2: Could respond to my head I'm hearing we can three, he is, go and kill kill kill, right, we can.
Speaker 1: We can make this a two way conversation. Eric, happy to discuss, Happy to discuss further. But I would just I need to know more about the depths of this conversation that you're referring to here in your question.
Speaker 2: Would you? And every time there's occasionally times on Twitter where people will say, like, hey, could you describe retweet this with the time you I met a super famous person and had like a strange encounter or something like that, and inevitably somebody's like, oh I saw Roger Clemons in a bathroom, or like blah blah blah. I don't know who this person or these people these people are for you, but who you would fully geek out seeing randomly in public celebrity wise, and if you were to pull up next to them at a urinal if you are trying to just get out a single line, I don't know who that person is.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I have a couple guesses. You if you park next to Neil de grass tyson, are you trying to say, big fan? I see.
Speaker 1: I think I'm overruled by my inner moral compass when it comes to bathroom Meticut. I think I probably wait until we get to the sink, or maybe I pulled the move, or you.
Speaker 2: Know, you, I don't know. I don't know if that you can count on that you have this window. This is the only thing you know you have is you have this window.
Speaker 1: But if I get out first, I know where he's going next. I know eventually he must I know I leave the room, So that would be the opportunity.
Speaker 2: You don't know that you're pulling out first, though.
Speaker 1: Pulling out first, okay.
Speaker 2: You don't know that you are exiting the urinal and the partition area before this person who was already there.
Speaker 1: You don't know, if I mean, maybe you just make sure that you do. I think if I were that intent on starting a conversation, that would be the move. What you couldn't do, though, and this is actually the better question. If you encountered that idol, would you offer your hand to try and shake it, knowing you were both in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: You can't do it. You can't do that. You absolutely cannot offer a handshake in the bathroom.
Speaker 1: I've had someone offer me a handshake in the bathroom. I was very uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: If you were washing your hands and completing your voyage, Neil degrass Tyson walks in and is clearly heading to the stall. Are you going to try to say something to him? I'm like, god speed, Neil.
Speaker 1: I probably, I probably am not quick enough on my feet to come up with something suitable.
Speaker 2: So you're just walking out of the bathroom going damn it time.
Speaker 1: I might give him the head nod.
Speaker 2: Hey, how are you? You know? Good luck in there, Neil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. A good question. Actually, Derek asks a very similar question to Eric.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you do?
Speaker 1: Do you talk? No, you try to keep talk to an absolute bare minimum. I agree, what else we got here?
Speaker 2: Do you talk to? Okay, here's if you are walking into the bathroom with somebody. Hey, I'm going to head to the bathroom. Oh you know what, I'll join you. I'm got to wash my hands. If they're heading into the stall, do you can do you continue your conversation.
Speaker 1: Once you enter the restroom. Once you cross that boundary, that is the line of demarcation, okay. Once you are on the other side of that, it is like going into the cornfield and field of dreams. It's like a whole different world with different rules. So no, I don't think you. I think you try to you try to find a clean break and natural stopping point, and you're you're not doing business while someone's on the pot.
Speaker 2: You just be honest, be honest. Will you take out your phone at a urinal?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Okay, just making sure.
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: What is your go to phone situation?
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, it's usually it's usually Twitter. Yeah, it's usually Twitter because I don't get to read it much during the day. Oh okay, yeah, I'm not proud to say that, but maybe it's best suited for the bathroom. To be honest, it's perfect for the bathroom. Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these are all been Let's see what do you do?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I like this? Yeah, this will be our last one. I got a head out, I got a dinner tie.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: What do you do when someone enters the bathroom and you're in a compromised position.
Speaker 1: Compromised position, you're stealing the toilet?
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 2: Okay, So if I'm to understand this from our dear dear friend Nick Davian deep fix. What do you do when someone enters a bathroom and you're in a compromised position? Do you give a courtesy flesh or stay as still as quiet as possible until they leave? So you are in the stall, you are taking care of business, right, you are going to the restroom, you're evacuating your bowels. I think it's fine to just keep doing what you're doing. I don't think there's anything to be ashamed of.
Speaker 1: I have been in both situations, Dan, Yeah, and I.
Speaker 2: Would like to get the I'm not saying you're walking into like a home bathroom, sure, like a single use. Yeah, I'm saying you're walking into just a regular old bathroom.
Speaker 1: I would like to get like the Fangrafts breakdown of how I approach this situation, just normal everyday life. But I've been in both situations where the courtesy flush could be applied.
Speaker 2: Usually applied when I've got.
Speaker 1: A meeting to get to, but otherwise I feel like I've trended towards the standoff where.
Speaker 2: You're pausing, you're hitting pause.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to hit pause.
Speaker 2: Oh Ti, it's a stand on your body a disservice.
Speaker 1: It's a standoff, and I have prided myself on winning most of those standoffs, but every now and again you go up against someone pretty tough.
Speaker 2: I be honest, I'm so disappointed.
Speaker 1: It's uncomfortable when you try to win the standoff and you decide that you can't, because then there's a situation with the legs fallen asleep, and it's just not good.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been in a clear, single use bathroom and forgotten to lock behind you?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: And been on the toilet?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Did you do the only thing that is allowed to do be done? It is use the third person for whatever reason. I think this is in some comedians act. But you don't say, like him, I'm using it. You say someone's in.
Speaker 1: Here, Yeah, someone, I've done that.
Speaker 2: I canna tell you someone.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're not gonna yell like Matt's it here? You have to go third person?
Speaker 2: What about acupato? No, that's popular. We've really would love it. I would love if you were in the bathroom you went ti zu, isn't it time?
Speaker 1: Time? Feels like a George because stands a move.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we covered some ground here.
Speaker 1: Hopefully we didn't lose too many subscribers, but it is June. This is a college football show, and after about fifty minutes or so, be honest, we run short. Yeah, we run short, and stuff to talk about. You can always chime in Soliverble at gmail dot com let us know what you think. If you're interested. After that bombardment of questions, you can still go out sign up for a newsletter at Soliverble dot com. Still tell your friends about the show. Anywhere you can find a podcast, you can find this show. We're going to continue talking about college football all off season, once a week until we get to maybe like mid to late July, which is actually next month. It's going to be here before you know it. That's when we start previewing teams. That's when we start actually gearing up for the college football season because it's gonna be here before you know. We're inside that one hundred day mark. As of a couple of weeks ago. We got all sorts of big plans in the works that we're excited about. So we hope you'll stick with us for the remainder of twenty nineteen and beyond.
Speaker 2: Dan Merch Fantasy Things Live Show possibly shows. Yeah, a lot happening. Absolutely all right, Dan, New City. We've never done a big fantasy thing show in this city.
Speaker 1: That is correct. I'm excited for that guy over there, my good friend Dan Rumistein for myself, Ti Hildon Grant, I'm over here in eastn Pennsylvania. We will catch you all in a week. In the meantime, Jo the rest of your week, all of your weekend, and in the meantime, stay solid.
Speaker 2: Peace.
Speaker 1: L