Speaker 1: It's nine Ogen one.
Speaker 2: With Jenny Garth and Tory spelling.
Speaker 3: Welcome one, Welcome all. It's another episode of Nina two, and OMG, do you like that opening any better?
Speaker 1: That was a whole new way.
Speaker 3: Dory's not here to criticize my opening, so I tried something new and Naws she'll never even know.
Speaker 1: I auinely liked it.
Speaker 3: Welcome one, Welcome? Was it welcome one? Welcome all? Yeah, we're just having some technical issues. Her internet is out, her phone is dead, so she's going to find internet down the street. Apparently she's running around the neighborhood with her laptop.
Speaker 1: She's like running the starbus is hilarious. So it's sort of like, hey, stay tuned, see when she gets the Starbucks.
Speaker 3: We'll be here exactly, you guys, don't you'll know when we know.
Speaker 1: I'm still fighting off this cold, so I sound disgusting, but I'm here.
Speaker 3: It's okay. I think we're both like not on our top game today, I will say.
Speaker 1: Which could make for the best podcast ever. Maybe you just don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe I should take muscle relaxers every night.
Speaker 1: You poor thing? What happened? Did you have a like a back spasm.
Speaker 3: No, I have a issue. I don't even want to get into it right now, but get fixed soon. I'll tell you. I'll tell you, guys, I'll tell everybody.
Speaker 1: But now your hip? Is it your hip? Grandma?
Speaker 3: Quite possibly? Oh no, I'm not ready to talk about it yet. I'm in denial.
Speaker 1: Keep me. Oh no, is it with the arthritis? Okay, we won't talk about it now, we won't talk.
Speaker 3: About Let's talk about Alone at the Top.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I love this episode.
Speaker 3: I watched it, you guys. I swear to god, I watched it, but I woke up with my notepad next to me and it had three things written on it. And I don't know what happened. So we are it's gonna come to me. Mm hmm. This is episode five, no Season five. It's already off to a great start. Episode twenty two Alone at the Top aired February twenty second, nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 1: And it came right back to me, like as soon as there was sort of the lurker in the bushes, I was like, oh my god, that guy's a rapist like me.
Speaker 3: To give me a synopsis, give me a synopsus. Sky, I don't even know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: A crime wave hits the campus of California University and David's buddy is the prime suspect. Meanwhile, Valerie buys her way into the peach bit after dark and tells Ray to hit the bed or hit the road. Dylan is dangerously close to using because he can't get over Kelly and because Valerie sucks uh, and Donna is still in the dark about Rayan Valerie. The director of this episode was directed yes Victor LaBelle lobl Loeblobal.
Speaker 3: Written by Steve Westerman and Jessica Klein.
Speaker 1: Oh's what it's so good because immediately I was back when I saw the time, remembering like that's a there's a.
Speaker 3: Bad guy's bad guy in the bushes, bad guy in the bushes, and you're here.
Speaker 1: I just was like when they remember what At first he's stealing bikes and I was like, that's not what happens. This guy's a rapist. Like I was like, this is really bad, and then I was right, what, yeahhes at the end he okay, So you might have not remembered this, but at the end of the episode, which we'll go through a scene by scene, don't worry he has attacked a girl because one of the girls in the dorm is like leaving school. She's like, I'm out.
Speaker 3: I don't like this episode already because me, you feeling.
Speaker 1: Good and your intuition was so strong, because there's the scene where you and Brandon are walking and you're like, did you hear that? Did you hear that? And that's where the bad guy was there.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, gosh, I have goosebumps everywhere, and I have no idea why you.
Speaker 1: Want to go through it scene by scene?
Speaker 3: Sure, but first you want to note trivia. Oh yeah, we talk about Jamie Walters and his songs that we never get to hear ever. But Jamie Walters had fourteen No, he has fourteen million downloads on Spotify for his song hold On.
Speaker 1: Oh, which is hold On. I remember that one, but that's how do you.
Speaker 3: Talk to an angel?
Speaker 1: Wow, that was even a bigger one, I think, so hold on fourteen million?
Speaker 3: How'd that one go?
Speaker 1: Hold On? I think I heard it the other day. Oh, I have to sing it later?
Speaker 3: And did you know this Ray was supposed to the character of Ray was supposed meaning Jamie was supposed to return for season six under a signed one million dollar contract, which I am struggling to agree with. But fans were so upset about Donna going back to him that Aaron Spelling fired him. And we will talk about that once Tory finds her internet, because I really need to get in.
Speaker 1: And once we get to those scenes. But a million dollars? Were you making a million dollars? Uh?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: So yeah, zero chance?
Speaker 2: Then I don't.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I would have to refer to Randy. I have absolutely no idea how much I ever made on that show because I don't do math.
Speaker 1: A million dollars sounds like a lot back then for a guy who wasn't the main cast.
Speaker 3: It can't be true. I'm sorry, I'm gonna just.
Speaker 1: They should have made him likable and given him a million dollars, right like, they should have made him not a cheater, cheater pumpkin eater, and not an abuser.
Speaker 3: But what is a million when you have a million dollar contract? What is that in your in your bank account?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 3: What do you get after taxes, after agents, after lawyers?
Speaker 1: Oh? Less? Okay? So you get one four hundred maybe three right under?
Speaker 3: It's under a half.
Speaker 1: And also, a million dollar contract could be over multiple years, because you could get a million dollar contract that's three years long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't know, we don't. We didn't read the contract. Don't know, but we're gonna find ounds empty. But let's start in Valerie's hotel room. You wanna you wanna?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I am. I like her.
Speaker 3: I stop lying you. You said I already said you don't like her. Yes, I love to hate her, but I like the character because you like to hate it, Okay.
Speaker 1: Because I really cannot stand it. She's so creepy, crazy. And then when Rush walked in, I about gagged because I was like.
Speaker 3: Is this what is this? Is what I think is about to happen? Gonna happen? Is that what I was thinking?
Speaker 1: Oh? God no.
Speaker 3: But first she calls Ray's mom, and of course, you know what's her name, lu Anne is sitting there clipping her coupons. That's a good pastime on a Sunday morning, totally, and she lies. She says it Ray's not home, but he's right there.
Speaker 1: And can reget a cell phone so we don't have to keep calling the mom.
Speaker 3: No, he doesn't want to be reachable. He's too aloof and mysterious, like.
Speaker 1: It's just so come on, Okay.
Speaker 3: So then Rush Sanders, Steve's dad knocks on the door and a sort of.
Speaker 1: Sexy and cute. So I get it why he's got.
Speaker 3: That something, He's got that same my little sneaky twinkie in his eye that Steve has, you know.
Speaker 1: Good casting of a father and son right, very much.
Speaker 3: So they are so great together and apart they still remind you of each other, which I love.
Speaker 1: The steak dining scene was cute. We'll get to but.
Speaker 3: Uh so he he knocks on VAL's door, we all think something really bad, it's about to go down even yeah, but really she wants to buy his share of.
Speaker 1: The Ppa d the peach pit or where where is this money coming from? She does not have heat. First of all, Dylan gave her ten thousand dollars. Pretend Jonesy gave her fifty thousand dollars like Jonesy didn't give her one hundred thousand dollars, did he?
Speaker 3: Maybe because maybe she's just making three million or something, right, maybe he did.
Speaker 1: Maybe he gave her a quarter of a million dollars. I don't know, it's just a crazy down.
Speaker 3: Well, you never know what kind of deal she worked out with him. Wink wink.
Speaker 1: What do we think the peach pit cost one hundred grand back then?
Speaker 3: A business? But it wasn't five hossiful business. I don't know, but it does seem crazy. It seems totally unrealistic that she could just have enough money to buy everything she.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my calculator is like, does not.
Speaker 3: Calculators rolling its eyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like this is his mom makes sense.
Speaker 3: But he agrees to negotiate with her, So this is where we're going. We go to the California University and Brandon has surprised Kelly with a sweet little picnic her friend group, concluding Dylan, who is finally back at school.
Speaker 1: Never has there been a picnic where everyone left thirty seconds after the guest, right?
Speaker 3: I know, geeze I got to go. I was like, really nice, cute, Yeah, Donna. She runs off for Rayne sound check before Kelly even sits down. I mean, that's her best friend.
Speaker 1: I thinks seemed peachy with Brandon and Kelly right now, which is kind of like a bit jarring to me, Like, okay, like all of a sudden, just everything's hunky dory. But I'm not mad about it.
Speaker 3: It does feel like they just swept it under the rug and didn't really address it or deal with it, because there's got to be some residual stuff, you know. And is she ever going to find out about Brandon's Emily situation?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: No, Oh my god. I want her to find out. I want her to know the truth about where her boyfriend is Dylan, and she knows about it.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, true, true. And I guess you were quote broken up at the time.
Speaker 3: Uh huh. And I was brainwashed in a cult, so I haven't us what's.
Speaker 1: You've recovered from the cult?
Speaker 3: So quickly too, I too, just by snap back, I'm a snapperbacker.
Speaker 1: You really are. And then out of nowhere, which I did. I understand why we had to, but like, out of nowhere, David, did they steal your bike? Like it was just like wait, what was that? I know, all of a sudden, it was just like what And then you learn, oh, there's sort of a crime wave happening.
Speaker 3: And you see that the bushes are jiggling.
Speaker 1: But it was like kind of rando at first.
Speaker 3: I think there was like either a really hungry squirrel in the bushes or that's what we're dealing with Pete.
Speaker 1: It was very horror movie that was very like Freddy Krueger. Jason is in the bushes kind of a thing, like you're like, oh, you sort of see the boots maybe at one point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, something's a bruin.
Speaker 1: Is it your inclination that it's the guy from the dorm? I'm just curious what you're where your head's at.
Speaker 3: On it the guy from the dorm? What do you mean?
Speaker 1: So you know David's friend? Can you remember he says that David's got that weird friend at the dorm.
Speaker 3: Oh, I missed that completely. I just thought it was a big sport.
Speaker 1: Jenny, this is gonna be a lot to save your comments for Amy talks too much this episode, because look, Tory's got a Wi Fi issue, and Jenny has fully forgotten.
Speaker 3: The whole I didn't catch that one part about someone being in the dorm, okay. I heard the part about the bikes.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'll explain it. So basically, there's this creepy guy that Claire doesn't like that David's become friends with. He's sort of a former I think he was in the army, so he's a bit older, right, and we see music Taste, so David hangs out with him. Yeah, we see him a bunch. We're sort of led to believe he is the bad guy, right, that he is the guy. He's short on money, so we're sort of led to believe that he's the one stealing, and he actually the FEDS or the cops, I don't know who they are. The FBI comes up, and I don't know what the FEDS are. I don't know what it's FBI and the FEDS.
Speaker 3: The same, that's different letters.
Speaker 1: So no, they come and interrogate him. If I was only knowing this episode, it's sort of like a bait and switch, Like I don't actually think he's the guy because they've made it too obvious he's the guy. So I don't think he's the guy, But I wanted to see what you thought.
Speaker 3: You're what we call smart, audience. They're gonna have to do something really twisted to get you.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to be real tricky catch me all right? All right, enough about that, We're at the peach Bit after dark. Now. Ray is of course taking a nap backstage because that's what musicians do. Uh, and Valerie walks in on him conveniently and asks, why haven't you returned my calls? Oh, and then she says, it would be in your best interest to treat me with respect.
Speaker 4: Just so.
Speaker 3: I love it. I love it. And guess what Donna walks in.
Speaker 1: I mean, bump, bump bum. It's like before she walked in, I was just like, this is a nightmare.
Speaker 3: And my girl does not seem concerned whatsoever. She's just she's.
Speaker 1: All hay valerie, like she's being too doe wide about it, but also like she sees the good and everybody.
Speaker 3: Maybe she's ahead of it. I don't know. I'm not sure what was going through her mind, but she wasn't a little irked that they were hanging out back there together.
Speaker 1: And it's sort of like a weird ending, which will get to I don't mean to jump ahead, but like at the end of the episode, she almost to me says, it's okay, whatever you've done. I don't know, we'll get to that. Very Yeah, it's a juicy episode, very juicy.
Speaker 3: Back to see You where stolen BikeE Girl aka Amy sort of complaints, Yeah, complaints insurance but refuse to buy her another bike, and another student, Lenny, makes fun of her.
Speaker 1: That's the guy that's the friend of David's. That's sort of the he's got going to use a collection, and Claire is not sold on him.
Speaker 3: You know, Claire always had that. She always has that, like you gotta win Claire over before you can get in with her. She's little skeptical for some people, which.
Speaker 1: I like hooky. Yeah, skeptical, good word, good word.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then we get to Peter and Peter. I mean they are really hot and they are yeah, and they are really not being careful about their chushion at last.
Speaker 3: Is not safe at all what's happening.
Speaker 1: It's also very inappropriate at the workplace, Like that's what's kind of It's almost like they're doing it right out in the open in front of that nurse. And I'm like, doesn't don't the other doctors and the people at the hospital know he's married.
Speaker 3: And she's married. And yeah, even.
Speaker 1: If they don't know she's married, because she's sort of the new I don't even know what her job is there. But he's been a strip. Yeah, she's sort of like an elevated something almost weird. So I don't know, I think he's being way too flagrant about it. Is that the word?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah he is, but but it's still fun to.
Speaker 1: And we're to assume they're doing it regularly, right, like, yes, only at work, like in the closet or something, I guess. And then there's that moment where the nurse almost goes in the closet and then she does open the door and he's like, oh my only want in here, I mean the whole thing. I was just like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, back to the peach Bit. After dark, Rush announces to the crowd that the peach Bit is in a new ownership, and everyone is shocked to learn it's Valerie.
Speaker 1: First of all, at what club have you ever been to where the owner announce comes out and makes any kind of announcement, especially like that they've changed owners.
Speaker 3: It's weird, but it had to happen. So everybody knew that Valerie was the owner, and of course Donna is happy for her and gives her a big fake hug. Hot mess, just a hot mess. Meanwhile, Dylan's house, Valerie shows up with a bag of weed. Yeah, what a good friend?
Speaker 1: Are you to say that word?
Speaker 3: You can say?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: She's so awful?
Speaker 3: She knows he just got out of rehab.
Speaker 1: She is being so bad. I know she's coming over with drugs. That is correct, like for all her antics, if she wants, if she's cheating, she's cheating, if she's whatever she's doing, But like to go over to your quote supposed guy you like and give him drugs when you know he's sober like that? To me, I was like, that's the worst thing.
Speaker 3: And didn't she just flush his drugs down the toilet recently? She flushed his little stash down the toilet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, try to clean him up.
Speaker 3: Doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: And it's like, Uh, that's where I just go. She's just not redeem it. Why are you doing that? And then fine, he doesn't want her drugs, So she takes her drugs and leaves the one joint or.
Speaker 3: Whatever on the table, one joint just in just in case he changes his mind. That is really messed up.
Speaker 2: Beal.
Speaker 1: She's a bad gal.
Speaker 3: She's not redeemable now at this point, this character is not redeemable. I'm sorry. So we're at the wash house now and Jim and Cindy can't believe that Valerie could get after dark, and Cindy wants to know why why isn't she sending money back home to her mom who needs it. Steve calls and tells Brandon that three frat houses got hit last night and he needs to do something about it. I mean, okay, Brandon needs to Just did he call? Is he calling the police? Also? Like, how come it's Brandon's responsibility? And Brandon just because he's the president? Okay, you're right here, right, it's because he's Brandon.
Speaker 1: He is the president of the last school? Is he the president of the school? I mean, I get he's so but hurt, Like why is everybody calling me? And it's like I think this is your one job, Like you are the president of the school.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, he's on dust fall on him.
Speaker 1: And it's like he should be doing something though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's only Brandon, you know, Walsh, we're trying to like run for president. I would vote for him. I would vote like president, but I would totally vote for him. That's I mean need is a president that looks like Brandon Walsh.
Speaker 1: First of all, agree. Second of all, I had a conversation the other day about where are the characters now? And I actually said that I think Brandon might be governor of California. He's very new to me.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh California. Yes me too.
Speaker 1: I think I think you need to write where they all are now so we can turn it into something. But anyway, I digress.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, thank the Lord serious, you found your WiFi. We have tory with us, everybody.
Speaker 1: Thank the Lord is right.
Speaker 2: I was wait wait wait found my WiFi? You lost? Yeah, so Spectrum, sorry, I usually love you. Spectrum was out since last night, which was a hard thing because you know, I don't sleep without TV. So that that was the first problem, no Spectrum, and then they said it would be back up this morning because I said, we have our podcast, but it wasn't, So, you guys, the best problem solved and I got in the car and I head to Starbucks. But then Starbucks, who always gives you free Wi Fi, didn't want to give my computer Wi Fi, so I tapped into CVS. Thank you CVS.
Speaker 1: Wait the fact that Torri has a full microphone, you guys, to full microphone with a micro flag in her car.
Speaker 2: And you know what, and the only thing I'm like mad about right now, you guys, is I'm cool.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, we have to post a photo of you, Tori. It is so it's iconic. You're literally in your car with just a full fledged microphone in.
Speaker 2: La Okay, sorry you guys, so go on. So this is one. This is one of my favorite episodes alone at the top. So I'm just.
Speaker 1: There's never a time I want the paparazzi to walk by you more than right now. It would be.
Speaker 3: Jen caption this, Oh caption this. I'm not going to touch that with a ten foot.
Speaker 2: Pole, because an eight foot pole maybe.
Speaker 3: Noway from it topic. It's hilarious, though, I will really want somebody to get a picture of.
Speaker 2: You then is and only Jen would know this is me hanging out with a microphone out of the car would be the least my worries in my car.
Speaker 3: That's true that that's so funny.
Speaker 2: She loves my hot mess of a car. Any But you know what the good news is, anything and everything you could ever want it's in there. Like, hey, hey, fan, aids, don't worry, I got them right here. Not as fall for aids.
Speaker 1: Very amazing. Okay, so where were we, Jenny? Where were we?
Speaker 3: Oh well, let's go back to the peach bed after dark, where Rush announces that Val is the new owner of the peach pit after dark, and you seem happy for her and give her a big fake hug.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so I'd like to I have a question. I believe this is the first episode that my hair is this length.
Speaker 3: Sure it was last episode, wasn't not?
Speaker 2: The well pieces are gone from the end. It's like full on boy in the back.
Speaker 3: Sure, and you hated my short haircut, correct, So, but that's you.
Speaker 2: I'm a giving friend. This is about me, and it was terrible. And what happened was I went to just get my bob whatever it was trimmed at the time, and the hairstell is listening, and he took it all off. And I sat there, not saying anything, just silently crying because you know how I loathed not having any hair to do anything with. It was already hard having it semi short with a bo Anyway.
Speaker 3: It's short. It's short this episode. Ye'll go it' choppy.
Speaker 2: If you look in the back, it's a real hot mesk because he screwed up real bad.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you this. So you walk in on Ray and Val they're together in the back room there backstage, and you didn't you didn't you're fine that part of go to the hug that happened first, you're just sort of like, no, the oblivious too, Like.
Speaker 2: Oh, when I came in and I was like dinner, but I just left school campus, right, yeah, and I really wanted to see Dylan and Donna but didn't get to Okay, cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So you are okay with it.
Speaker 2: So I was okay with it. So I don't want to jump to the end because I know that there's everyone over there too.
Speaker 1: I wanted to do.
Speaker 3: We're at the beach pit.
Speaker 2: After I'm going to go out on a limb here and I'm going to say, Donna, no.
Speaker 1: I agree with you, Tori. I totally agree with you. I briefly said this and we can talk about it more, but I'm like, she basically says, it's okay what you did. We love each other and we're gonna make it work now.
Speaker 2: It was so like of all fifties housewife, like you know, but you don't know, and you're just making a good home home.
Speaker 3: Life for your kind of like your haircut.
Speaker 2: Yeah on point, I'm.
Speaker 1: So glad we sort of see it the same.
Speaker 2: It's a hug, she gives her. I didn't agree with that hug. It was just I came an awkward in that dress from the wrong step. I wish I had gone in.
Speaker 3: Deeper with that hug, just to like let her know.
Speaker 2: Not it just would have been so Donna like. It wasn't a Donna hug. It was like from far away, like I'm a hugger. Donna and I were huggers. Oh.
Speaker 1: I think Donna's more inclined to forgive Valerie or Ray.
Speaker 3: Good question, Ray, Does she have to forgive either of them?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Great question. I don't think it's about forgiveness to her. I think she just is making a choice. Well, we'll see in later episodes. I don't think she forgives Valerie, but Ray, Yeah, she forgives him.
Speaker 3: We'll go back. We're back at the cu is where we are and there's some thievery going on, and Kelly's walking with her new best friend Amy never seen her before, and once again, someone is looking at them through the bushes. Did you love the part where someone was in the bushes.
Speaker 2: Of course, you know, I'll have a good peeper.
Speaker 1: The bushes rustled.
Speaker 2: Do you think he was wearing a coat?
Speaker 3: Ha ha ha ha, No, who is it, I know.
Speaker 1: And we're to believe it's Lenny, Poor.
Speaker 3: Lenny, he's the Yeah, he's everybody's blaming Lenny at.
Speaker 2: This point, stealing bikes and then we're.
Speaker 3: Learning, yeah, we're learning about his problems.
Speaker 1: But it's a bait and sweat.
Speaker 2: He's just a red haring you guys, In case you guys don't know what a red herring is, what's a red herring?
Speaker 3: You tell me? I was waiting to find out.
Speaker 2: I don't know from way back why they called it red. But it's like through a movie or a book when they lead you to believe that the villain, let's say, is someone and then it's like plot twist, it was someone else, and then it's kind of the bait and switch. Like Amy said, so we've read herrings, we have bait and switch. It's all fishing terminology. We'll have to look that up.
Speaker 3: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: It's juicy. The juicy move too would be the double double, right, so they make you think it's Leney. Then you're like, no, it's not Leney. Oh my god, it was Lenny. You know.
Speaker 3: That's like reverse reverse psychology.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whoa, it was a double double, but anyone else get the double double. It really f's you up? Like it's a double shot. There you go, singer.
Speaker 3: Back to the peach bit. Ray comes looking for Valerie, who is next door installing a dartboard. Wow, really bring in business.
Speaker 1: One flag we forgot Andrea that Jesse is on the phone, like how much he misses her or whatever. Knock knock, knock, and Peter's at the.
Speaker 3: Door, and Jesse says, who's that? Who was my grandma?
Speaker 1: Like, it's just like my grandma.
Speaker 2: These two lie Grandma, I do Grandma.
Speaker 3: I gotta say I like it, but I don't like Andrea lying.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to get over it a little bit.
Speaker 3: Is that fir I am?
Speaker 1: Why do I feel you're still into it? I'm not into it. I almost sort of just wish Peter was her boyfriend. I'm into the whole like cheating part of it, right right, it's gross and it's so not Andrea.
Speaker 3: No, like, it's so not Andrea. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But well, if we could go back in time and she wasn't pregnant in real life and they need to speed up the storyline, we probably could have had Peter as her boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Now I'm more amused by the storyline than like I don't hate it, like I am just so disgusted by Valerie.
Speaker 3: But anyway, okay, sorry, So back to the peach pit where we're seeing Ray and val again, and Valerie gives him an ultimatum either he sleeps with her or he cannot perform there anymore. Huh.
Speaker 2: I see that couldn't bet you guys, Like, what the hell she's already had on you?
Speaker 1: Can we get to her sight?
Speaker 3: She want him so bad? Yes, I think she's like the type of girl that wants what she can't have or what she's not supposed to have.
Speaker 2: Wants Dylan. She wants Dylan. She's not taking him down, and he's like, oh, it's lonely at the top.
Speaker 1: She is trying to take him down though she said gave him drugs.
Speaker 2: She is trying to take him down. You're right, You're right, you're right. Just tossed it there, sleep well, okay, Yeah, And.
Speaker 3: Then Valerie tells Claire and David that they need to book other people than Ray to get in some new blood because now she's a little pissy about it.
Speaker 1: What is wrong with her?
Speaker 3: Let's go to Bruno's restaurant, shall we?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: My God, let's do it.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you're saying it's brunos, because to me it was like the palm or like, wasn't it like one of those just.
Speaker 3: Little like steakhouse probably the poem Russian Steve meet there for their you know, weekly father son dinner and Steve actually asks his dad if he slept with Valerie. Fair question, I mean, yeah, but should his son have to ask his father? That so gross? So gross?
Speaker 1: And I like how rash is just like shutting it down and he's like, no, dude, no, And it's a negotiation I have with her, and here's your cut, and all was sudden. All is right in the world, bring me the t bone.
Speaker 3: Steve is like, I don't mind it all now.
Speaker 2: I have a question if we go back, if Valerie did want to sleep with them, do you think he would have no?
Speaker 1: I actually do not, because he basically says that when she when he thinks it, he's like, I'm old.
Speaker 2: Enough to be your father, right, But if you call it out, then you can move on and do it.
Speaker 1: Maybe. But I don't think he's that creepy.
Speaker 3: He's got some sort of moral backbone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think her outfit she could have gone a little more revealing.
Speaker 3: I think that her opening outfit.
Speaker 2: He got the shoes, and the shoes and the tights or nose rosary hosiery.
Speaker 3: So that happened. And then you guys, we see Dylan at the public park and he's walking a little nervous and he tries to light a weed cigarette. Why am I calling it a weed cigarette joint?
Speaker 2: Till you did?
Speaker 3: I know it's a joint, y'all. Dylan is trying to light his joint. But what happens because wind, the wind se tour the thing is, I am I didn't I watched the whole episode, but I can't remember much of it because how well medicine last night. So the wind knocks out the joint.
Speaker 2: I can't remember the episode because how little I was in it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, do you think I was gonna say that?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Okay, fair, fair, Okay.
Speaker 1: So yeah, the wind is a twist of fate.
Speaker 3: Okay, I love that.
Speaker 2: And do you think that's another callback to alone at the top, because when you're at the top of something, it's windier than it is low. No, I don't know, No, over, I think I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think that, but there is a power, an unknown an ah, there's a power in the wind and the force and the energy.
Speaker 2: That maybe Jack McKay just had a frame because he's not really dead, just went and blew it out.
Speaker 3: Yep, he's not dead.
Speaker 1: What do you mean to.
Speaker 2: I don't know. The whole thing is a red herring. It's a double double, maybe a triple, and then we'll get to the plot to us.
Speaker 3: Oh god, it's too much for me.
Speaker 1: That's a full acting head move. He really performed that, really good.
Speaker 3: So we go to the beach house. Donna is shocked when Claire tells her that Valerie doesn't want Ray performing at the peach bit, and Donna feels that David has stabbed Ray in the back.
Speaker 2: Ray, do you like see it's not valid at all. It's David. No blame someone, Yeah, and who is than David. I don't want to blame David. I don't want to blame Claire for both of their haircuts right now for me to look at them right now, But we're getting some.
Speaker 1: I'm so just irritated by the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Then we go to Ray's house and we try to, like, you know, find out a little bit more about Ray's backstory and why he asks the way he does, and his mom tells him that he is just like his dad. Times get tough and he runs away, but Ray says he doesn't want to hurt Donna and he has to leave town. Lewan tells Ray to honor his commitment and perform at the club for the last time and give Donna kiss so she remembers you.
Speaker 2: Kiss.
Speaker 3: It better be a good kiss.
Speaker 2: I tried to look back.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was like a medium kiss. But it will get to that.
Speaker 2: It was cold out you guys, your.
Speaker 1: Little dress was very little. We'll get to that. Is this where we meet Charlie the like he seems like he's the sponsor or, the sort of his AA sponsor.
Speaker 3: Okay, that all right? They had a predetermined meat time and then so they go to a diner and meat. Is that what's happening?
Speaker 1: Well, I think doesn't he go visit him at his motel? I think Charlie works the front desk at the family's motel, is how I interpreted it. Oh, and then Dylan goes there to see him, and Charlie's kind of like, oh, first time I've seen you, and they kind of have the talk of I almost lit up the joint, but the wind and it's kind of like you gotta get over Kelly bro. That's kind of my reenact.
Speaker 3: Wow, I feel like I've watched the whole show now.
Speaker 2: Thank yeah, you're Wellow. I think thanks for performing that. That was good.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. Yeah, and I thought I wasn't mad about It's like, you know, we need to address his sobriety and also this. You know, I don't need him going falling off the wagon.
Speaker 2: I don't need him falling off the wagon.
Speaker 3: I do not need nobody.
Speaker 2: I do need the clothes to get his wardrobe to get better. And it seems like when he's sober, he's wearing you guys, I'm so sorry. I cannot take the clothes.
Speaker 3: What's he wearing? What's bothering you?
Speaker 2: Well, it's just the jacket, but then there's like a polo show at times, it's the button ups. It's just like a whole different vibe. I just want the white T shirt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it hasn't been bothering me, but it hasn't been standing out to me.
Speaker 3: You really need to let go of the old Dylan and let the new Dylan shine through because he's trying to reinvent himself.
Speaker 2: I wonder if there was a compromise though, yeah maybe, yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Charlie tells him that he needs to let Kelly go back at the old SEU.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, do you think he's gonna let her go?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's gonna let her go.
Speaker 2: No wait what hold on? You're going to my numbers, but my colors.
Speaker 3: If it's driving him to want to use then he's got to do the personal work that's the underlying issue, and that means he needs to go without her.
Speaker 2: No, so Bridey has to come first. I understand that. I get that, okay, But in his heart, he's not gonna let her go.
Speaker 3: No. I don't think they'll ever let each other go, But there you go. Brandon complains to Kelly that he's tired of people coming to him over campus safety. Well, why the heck are you the president?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Bro, this is your one job basically, and also you love it exactly, You've been.
Speaker 2: Do it and gets off on itat.
Speaker 1: And it's weird that he's suddenly all complaining about it. Very strange.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, this is where you heard the rumbling right right, Kelly, here's a rumble and the bushes. Yeah, and then there's a man holding a knife.
Speaker 2: What oh, we're getting so melrose Place. I love it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know I liked it too. Yeah, very Melrosie. I agree.
Speaker 3: Amy, not the Samy. The Amy in the show packs up her stuff and tells Claire and David and Lenny that she's leaving school because it isn't safe anymore. And she says a student was raped in the bushes behind the South Quad.
Speaker 1: Who I know is terrifying dark turn.
Speaker 3: Wait, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Why is school still open the asht Town classes?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think they do that. They definitely try to get the police on it.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is a real thing.
Speaker 3: Then Lenny walks in, you guys, and the camera pans down to his shoes, which look like the shoes that belong to the man in the bushes with the knife. Don't dum so good. I don't even have to watch this show. Why I can read these breakdowns and see it all in my head.
Speaker 1: If you here's what I'll say, though, I did an experiment last night. A couple nights ago, when I watched this, I was like, you know, what. I'm just gonna watch it. I'm not going to take any note now, I'm just going to watch it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, me every time I was so missed in.
Speaker 1: I literally after was just like, why is this not on the air, Like this should.
Speaker 2: Be a show like anymore? Yeah, like old, I.
Speaker 1: Know, bring it back. I think, Tori, you missed where I said Brandon would be governor of California. That's how I'm writing characters. Yeah, but like this show is juicy. I could watch this now.
Speaker 3: I know it's hard. We watch it as fans, but we also when we're working, I mean Amy and I we watch it and we stop every few seconds to write something down, and then you have to go back and you ruins.
Speaker 2: It's And I tried to fit in with them and try to do that, and no, it was so hard and I just it took me out of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not as fun to watch it. I enjoyed just doing it this other way, this one time, being like you know what, I want to just enjoy this, and boy did I.
Speaker 3: It is a great episode.
Speaker 2: So what you're saying, Yeah, it's not like nine O two one oh Jumped the Shark. It did turn into a different type of show. But that type of show then could totally be on the air as a show now so completely I'm smart ahead of our time.
Speaker 3: Oh I need it back, bring it back, I will. I'll take it back to the peach pit. Okay, it doesn't need to know.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, Also, rewrite the show and bring it back.
Speaker 3: Now she heard you know what you're saying. I was trying to change the subject. Ray WARN's Valerie to stay away from Donna or he'll tell her the truth. That doesn't seem like a smart plan.
Speaker 1: I feel like he should tell her the truth. I'm so sick of this.
Speaker 2: He was going to you guys, he was stepping up. He was gonna tell her the truth.
Speaker 3: Dylan comes to give Valerie her weed back and says his plans don't include her. Done finished period, love that. Kelly sees David and tells him that she appreciates him and makes him promise that he'll always be her friend. Why why are they having this moment of.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, there's gonna be a reason. Hold on, there's a reason for everything.
Speaker 3: What where is this coming from? Is this something like.
Speaker 2: I don't know he was your brother now he's not your brother just because they got.
Speaker 3: Ill always be her brother. But like, why is she taking this moment too?
Speaker 2: There's a reason.
Speaker 3: Okay. Back at the hospital, Peter tells Andrea that he has keys to a hotel.
Speaker 1: Creepy, creepy.
Speaker 2: I know why Kelly appreciates him. It's foreshadowing next episode.
Speaker 1: Keep going, oh, because oh you're right, because uh huh yeah yeah, because he yep, I think, well this.
Speaker 3: Is you know that because you've already watched the next episode, or you remember she.
Speaker 1: Remembers because it's a big Donna episode, right, Tori?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, okay, because it's all about you that makes you remembered it.
Speaker 2: Now, in my mind, I thought it feels good.
Speaker 1: I had a moment where I thought it was Kelly, but it's Donna. Yep. Okay, continue cute, Okay, even Andrea knows the motel is a creepy little row and just beneath her.
Speaker 3: And Gross is it a hotel or a motel?
Speaker 1: It's a no tell motel.
Speaker 3: Gross, I would not as cute as he is.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: Back on campus, David and Claire invite Lenny to sit down with them when the LAPD detective shows up and tells him to come with m David and Clara left wondering is he the rapist everyone has been looking for.
Speaker 1: I don't think he is.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Back at the peach Bit, Raytail's done, he's leaving town because he's booked other gigs. WHOA, that's kind of a shocker. I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of like a big deal back then because think about like we didn't really have cell phones. There's no email in texting.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, you'd have to like literally write a letter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you can't piece touch as well as we can now now. It's like, look, I see you in two weeks. Who cares.
Speaker 3: I used to go on locations during this time and I would fax my husband whatever, he was, my boyfriend, baby daddy that I would fax Peter. We would fax Peter, be each other, back and forth, and we had I had have a fax machine in my trailer that was like part of my thing, and he would fax me like poems and pictures.
Speaker 1: It was so cute.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait, so when you go out of town when you were married to your first husband, what did you do? You didn't fax them, which is why I enter Peter Fascinelli.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't my fax machine was broken on that.
Speaker 2: It was fair, Thank god. We were all very happy when a fax machine broke during that time, not with Peter.
Speaker 1: Before you could drop pictures.
Speaker 3: I think I still have them. I still have them somewhere. But the thing is because I wanted to show the girls you know that we did love each other. See. But the ink on a fax machine isn't forever. I'm just gonna tell you. It goes away like faith so much you can't even see what it was.
Speaker 2: You guys, remember when you would like like xerox your butt and then sign and send someone.
Speaker 3: I remember xeroxeeing my boobs.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait, shut up, she's saying this and it's all coming back to me, and I remember her xeroxying her boobs and me xeroxing my butt and then really faxt know, we're being like, you know, kind of like eh, and like we signed it, and then no one else laughs and we're like, cool.
Speaker 3: Let's throw that away.
Speaker 1: Wait, oh my god, I've never done anything like that in my life.
Speaker 3: Well, we can go to Kinko's right now.
Speaker 2: I mean, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, But I do remember when xeroxing was such a big thing, the big Xerox machine at We're huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe just do it in the front office just to pass the time, and.
Speaker 1: It's pretty hilarious.
Speaker 3: We would do as much destruction in the front office as we could, moving their papers around, Yeah, eating their food.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Back to the peach bit, Ray tells Donna that he's leaving town because he's booked other gigs. He tells her that he loves her, but there's something else that he needs to tell her, and Donna doesn't let him finish. He says that's all she needs to know.
Speaker 2: Hm. Now, I was wondering at the time because I'm sorry who directed this episode?
Speaker 1: Lobel Victor Lobel.
Speaker 3: Okay ring a Bell.
Speaker 2: Nope, So I don't know. I was just curious, like, did someone say to me, like, hey, just know in the back of your head, like when you're telling him, you know, so say it with confidence and you're fine. I feel like, nope, nope.
Speaker 1: Were you made the decision?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh my god did for me?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean you could take it two different ways, but yeah, I really took it as like she was, like.
Speaker 3: I did too, I know, and that honestly reminds me more of you than of Donna totally yeah, but you.
Speaker 1: Were like yeah, I know basically or also that he was going to go off and do what he was going to do and you were going to stay with him.
Speaker 2: And it was what Jen saying is it probably was written as a Donna like it's okay, like I love you, but like it was delivered as a toy, which I know exactly what went on, but I love you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that toy that I loves to see come out.
Speaker 2: She does mm hmmm, juicy, she encourages that strong woman.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, oh yes, And that's the episode, you guys. That's it. So now I don't know what happens. I really apologize if I was a little blank in some spaces, but I really feel like I watched it now that that we've done this, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's a very good episode. It really is really nice. Well, now I'm starting to remember next week?
Speaker 2: Does it go down next week?
Speaker 3: Or I think oh I think.
Speaker 1: It's next week. No, I think it's next week. Is Love Hurts at the Apartment?
Speaker 4: Right? Oh?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, okay, our next episode is episode twenty three Love Hurts You guys. I feel like this one might be tough to watch.
Speaker 2: Oh no, So it's happening for multiple people. Love hurts I think, I say, is this it for Peter and Madris?
Speaker 3: Oh, maybe Brandon and Kelly And I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't remember all the details, but I definitely love it though.
Speaker 3: I love it though when a show, like a title or a theme for the specific show is in everybody's storylines in some manifestation, I love that. So I'm hoping this that's what it is?
Speaker 2: Do you want? Can I just point something odd out to you guys, And I know everyone won't visually see this, what you guys will get it. So as you know, my dad smoked a pipe for years. That was his thing, and he quit eventually, but he always had his pipe and he would talk to you and like hey, babe, and like I haven't seen a real, like old fashioned pipe in years. And I'm right next to Starbucks. I'm looking. There's a man and he has like my dad's glasses on a gray hair and needs looking his pipe.
Speaker 3: It's so bizarre he's there. Hello. Those are the things that you have to just stay open to and pick up. Yeah, and they make you feel good. It happens all day if you notice it. Ah, that's so cool. Mm hmm. We were talking about that, like when you lose something or someone. Sorry we're off on a tangent right now, but like when you see signs that remind you of someone or that you like. For the longest time, I kept seeing Paul Wagner, our producer who we were very close with. He died and I would see him all the time and I'd be like, wait, that was Paul, and I'd be like, wait, no, Paul's dead. It happens a lot if you just if you're open to like the what if you have those feelings, I just say go with it and let it make you feel better than bad, because I know when I lost my dad, it took me a good three or four years to even feel him or see him. And then now it's like constantly.
Speaker 2: When things are going really like a moment I need him, I will. My dad's pipe smoke was a very distinct one and I smell it and I thought I was like crazy for and then one time my brother told me, He's like, you're gonna think this is wild, but Dad's pipe smoke, and I was like, wait, it's happened to me, so yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 1: Jen.
Speaker 3: I love that. And on that note, well, let's get wait, what do you guys rate it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I don't know how to rate it if I didn't see it with my eyeballs all the way through Tory.
Speaker 1: What do you get it?
Speaker 2: I want to give it a ten, but like, but next week.
Speaker 3: Is I'm going to give it a ten too, because what I did watch I really liked the sneaky thing in the bushes and.
Speaker 2: It's just all going on, and the fact that the two of you are taking a moment from Jen at least Amy is for writing her notes and being in the moment, like makes me really happy at this point that you guys are into the show like this, Yeah, you're feeling it.
Speaker 1: It's real good.
Speaker 3: Well we're gonna feel it next week. Love hurts everybody watch it and we will see you there.