Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Tim Keen with bol Sweeney and Bloomberg's Alexis christoffers.
Speaker 2: Thanks very much. Let us begin with under Armor. That stock is under pressure today, but it happened up about twenty two percent ahead of this news. It's forecast for sales and profit for this fiscal year, disappointing traders. The sporting goods maker also said that the war in the Middle East would add thirty five million dollars in costs this year. Annual revenue expected to decline it at under Armor, Wall Street was looking for a two percent gain, and adjusted earnings per share also missed estimates. So look, basically, at the end of the day, these numbers show the turnaround it under Armour still a work in progress. It's also dealing with the impact of tariffs. It also split from the basketball star Steph Curry, which was well, you going to say, is this is the key thing?
Speaker 1: Because I met this guy with the top of his peak.
Speaker 2: Yeah, celebrity. It's been a train wreck for a decade.
Speaker 1: Is under arm or cool?
Speaker 2: Is it cool?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: And that's a question is it has it lost its mojo in a way or has it? Did it ever really have it?
Speaker 1: It's still competitive.
Speaker 2: I just think that that that business, that at leisure business, and you have to get the brand ambassaards.
Speaker 1: It's it's extraordinarily competitive.
Speaker 2: We were talking earlier about Adidas now tapping some stars Bad Bunny and Timothy Shallomade to better compete with Nike with the day is doing Adidas a little Adidas or bad Us? Next Wendy's. So Wendy's is skyrocketing today about twelve percent. There's a report in the Financial Times that says Nelson Pels's try On Fund Management looking for investor backing to take the burger chain operator private. So in recent weeks, Tryon has held talks with outside investors, including some in the Middle East, about financing a potential takeover of Wendy's. Last week, remember Wendy's reported week quarterly sales. Again it cited high beefault took cure of that. Yeah, and just a little history quick. Try On and Peltz currently owned sixteen percent of Wendy's, but they've been involved with the company since two thousand and five as activist investors. They have two board seats, one of which belongs to Nelson Peltz's son. Wendy's shares have fallen more than forty percent over the past year, and if you look at the last five years, which I did, they're down seventy one percent. Wow currently has a value of about five billion dollars. So we'll see there's no We don't know if this is going to happen or not, but maybe Wendy's goes private.
Speaker 1: I think Bryan Adams was on the charts, you know number one last time I was in a Wendy's.
Speaker 2: Really you got one more I do. The telehealth company Hymn's and Hers. It reported a first quarter loss and sales that missed estimates. The stock is down sixteen percent. Says it's facing higher costs associated with its pivot to brand weight loss medications. You remember it moved away from those copycat versions it was selling, and so big pharmer companies and regulators didn't like that.
Speaker 1: The stock. Moover's report from Bloomberg Radio check back with US throughout the day. For the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.