Speaker 1: Transmitting I hope you guys had a great weekend.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show. More in studio, morn.
Speaker 3: Let's go around the room. But to get to know you question, I'll ask it, but I'll answer it first, since you guys have no idea what the question is? Who is your favorite TV couple of all time? Think about it? Your favorite TV couple of all time? Now, I've had a little time to think about this, and I'm gonna go Zach Morris Kelly Kapowski.
Speaker 4: Oh, just because it was such that's such.
Speaker 2: An important part of my life.
Speaker 3: That show that time of my life had the biggest crush on Kelly k Zach Morris was the coolest guy ever. That Jim and Pam are close second older version favorite show. But I'm going Zach Morris Kelly Kapowski my favorite TV couple ever.
Speaker 2: I mean you look like you're thinking hard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I'm debating between two as well.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know what, go okay, Ross.
Speaker 6: And Rachel from Friends and then Meredith Gray and doctor McDreamy on Gray's Anatomy.
Speaker 3: You liked Ross and Rachel more than Monica and Chandler.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I always thought the Monica Chandler thing was weird.
Speaker 3: It was only weird because she was way hotter than he was. But I think that's why I liked it, because he was like the wise, cracking, goofy guy, and I was like, man, I guess if Chandler can do it, it gave you hope.
Speaker 6: Well yeah, oh okay, I don't know if it was like the looks thing for me. I guess Ross and Rachel were the og.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I feel like Rachel's so much hotter than Ross.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah, but yes, Ross and Rachel big couple of our lifetime, Eddie, that's funny.
Speaker 4: I went with married couple Tim and Jill Taylor, is it Jill. I just loved the way that they were like in love. I mean, they had all the three boys. Their life was crazy, but they always handled things great and they were always like learning with each other even when they were old.
Speaker 3: That's how I felt about the Huxtables. Oh yeah, they would like still be in love and dance.
Speaker 2: And think that now.
Speaker 3: That was a little bit Claire and I can't think about that.
Speaker 5: Bill.
Speaker 2: It wasn't Bill Huxtable.
Speaker 3: Cliff Cliff Cliff and Claire Huxtable. Man, no, they can still exist it's just still cos.
Speaker 2: Okay, lunchbox man, I got this tough. I'm not gott nine Survivor of season three.
Speaker 5: It's going to be a real world problem.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean that's the problem is they end up getting I'm gonna I'm gonna say Amber and Rob from Survivor they met, Yeah, Boston Robb met his wife on Survivor and they became a duo and they went all the way to the final Sho won and on stage he got down and proposed, I mean that together. Yeah, they're still together, got kids everything that.
Speaker 3: There's some who's a couple from this front the Bachelor and still together.
Speaker 2: The Fireman. Oh yeah, what's her?
Speaker 7: Tristan and Ryan. Yeah, she was the bachelorette. That's where they got together.
Speaker 2: Got it. That's cool? Have Rob and Amber? Okay?
Speaker 7: And I also liked Riggins and Lylah Garrity on Friday Night Lights.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they which two were there? The mam and dad, No, no, no kid.
Speaker 7: She was the cheerleader, hot cheerleader and then he was like the crazy one, like partier and they got together.
Speaker 3: Minka Kelly yea god. I saw her once at John Mayer a cl live taping. When that was taped in the U T Building and there were like sixty people there and she was there and they were dating.
Speaker 2: She's pretty hot, pretty hot personally, she's pretty pretty there No, no, really on the show. Yeah, I was on the show, but she didn't find me that.
Speaker 7: And then another way, Eric and Donna from that seventy show, they were pretty good.
Speaker 2: They were cool, they were fun. That's a good one. All right, thank you, guys. A little bit better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 8: Anonymous symba to hear the question to be.
Speaker 3: Oh, Bobby, my best friend and I have known each other since were little kids. We've always shared clothes. In the last couple of years, she's gotten a little bigger around the midsection. Sometimes when she borrows my clothes, she stretches them out a little. She's really self conscious about her weight, so I'm hesitant to say anything to her about it, but it is ruining some of my clothes.
Speaker 2: What should I do?
Speaker 3: How can I tell her of my concerns that seeming like I'm shaming her signed friend who has trouble being honest, Amy, I'm going to go to you for this one, at least to start.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know that there's a conversation we had about her and her body. I just think that you start, you stop loaning out your clothes, Like it's as simple as that, and you don't have to give a reason why they're your clothes.
Speaker 3: What if she's like, wait, what do you mean I can't borrow it? We always share clothes?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well not anymore.
Speaker 4: Then girls have that conversation. I feel like guys can, but can girls be like, oh sorry.
Speaker 6: I would not comment on my friend's body at all, whatsoever. I would somehow just have to have the tough conversation of like, hey, I've decided to not loan out my clothes anymore.
Speaker 5: I hope that you will understand and can respect that.
Speaker 2: That is a weird for conversation with the best friend.
Speaker 5: I don't really know.
Speaker 2: I would just not never answer if she said, can I borrow something?
Speaker 5: But your best friends you talk all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, better be.
Speaker 3: Better to have an unhealthy relationship than be formal. I just I would just stop the clothes borrowing. Yeah, And she's like, why can't I borrow your clothes anymore? Be like if every time I loan them out to anyone, they come back and they're afraid, or you can just be like, I'm just trying to find the perfect eye more than the true Do you.
Speaker 2: Lie about like germs? I don't like. I just can't.
Speaker 3: I just feel like I'm not able to you don't have to give an excuse trying.
Speaker 2: To figure out make it a little more normal. The shape of you is not the shape of me.
Speaker 5: Oh don't. Don't you know that that no is a complete sentence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hear you, but not with best friends.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: Like sometimes you're just like the stop asking me for clothes, you know? And yeah, clothes all the time, right, he doesn't stretch on he just gets.
Speaker 5: Them when yeah, and you're not getting them back like, yeah.
Speaker 3: You're okay, here's what I would say, find the perfect eye. Tell her that, and then don't give her clothes anymore.
Speaker 5: I think you just stop loading out your clothes.
Speaker 3: Don't stop loading out your clothes. We will just agree on this, okay, however you choose to do it. Stop loaning out your clothes. Thank you for that email. Is that common?
Speaker 2: Do you ever borrow clothes from girls?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: We shore clothes. I guess they're for friends. Starts telling me no, like yeah, we are all kinds like not.
Speaker 4: Just be worried that would never lets me wear my nice shoes. You know, it's crazy I'm wearing right now is Bobby's. I borrowed this like ten years ago. Nah, no, no, fourteen years ago. I'm telling you, I borrow this shirt from you fourteen years back in Austin. It's lasted fourteen years. Yeah, dude, it's one of my favorite shirts. Say well you have it. Thank you.
Speaker 6: You know, if you mentioned something a little more pricier, I actually I get more joy out of loaning out something that is good for you. You said, are you worried your friends are gonna lose it?
Speaker 2: My first dirty my stuff?
Speaker 5: Okay, well I trust my friends.
Speaker 6: And then also then it's like, yes, okay, this feels better knowing that I spent that and getting to share it.
Speaker 3: Oh so yours is because the guilty of what the money's have done it. Okay, name that iconic sound. For example, this was the controversial one last week. Here you go, that is oh my god, let's said Nintendo got mad. Yeah, okay, that's Super Mario Brothers. Okay, here's this one that was the.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 3: Now we got five of these are you guys ready to play? All you have to do is name that iconic sound.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Why did you give me your's face? Going to hear it again? There you go? Okay, Grimace like the purple guy? No like Grimacing? Okay, one of that's why his name is Grimace. I don't know. It looks pretty happy? You mean? Everybody good? Yeah, Morgan is good? What do you have?
Speaker 3: Morgan windows, Eddie law and order, lunchbox, law and order, Amy, law order, Law and order is correct?
Speaker 2: Next up, h name that iconic sound? Here we go. Ok five seconds and you have to be specific.
Speaker 5: Very specific, very.
Speaker 2: Creature. Alright? Three two? One time?
Speaker 3: Pins down lunchbox goonies, Amy, Oh.
Speaker 5: Man, I know I'm closed.
Speaker 2: Eddie took Morgan.
Speaker 3: I knew it after when I put down Clydes.
Speaker 2: Down horse the beer horses. All right, Eddie takes the lead.
Speaker 3: All right, here's the next one.
Speaker 2: I'm man, everybody good? One more time?
Speaker 5: Do we have he's visiting?
Speaker 2: That's the question, Nintendo, Amy.
Speaker 5: It's that Daisy Dukes.
Speaker 3: Car Okay, lunchbox Dukes of Hazzards, Eddie Dukes of Hazzard.
Speaker 2: Morgan, I had a clown truck a clown truck.
Speaker 3: It works too, Amy, I can't give it to you, but I'm gonna give it to these two dukes.
Speaker 2: That's the general league call from the duke's it has there, That's correct. I couldn't think of the name of the boys, Amy, care we have two more? Here we go? What name the iconic sound? Here it is? Again? Yeah? I don't know what that is?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: Can I circle back?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean geez, I don't even know what There's no crowd sharing in that club, right, I didn't hear that? That is.
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: Three seconds. It's a very very very old clip. Okay, that's why, very very old Morgan saw. I saw the movies Lunchbox.
Speaker 7: Actually Simpson lip singing on Saturday Night Live, and it's scratching the track.
Speaker 3: You wrote all that now, ye Eddie Android Amy Splash Mountain, old school black white movie, Godzilla. Listen again, man, old music. No one nobody got it, okay.
Speaker 2: Last one?
Speaker 3: Here we The only person who can win is Eddie and Lunchbox can tie?
Speaker 2: Here we go? Women, No, okay, maybeh can I hear it again?
Speaker 5: Forget?
Speaker 6: I have to play like I have to sandbag or whatever is if I if I give away that I know too fast and gives.
Speaker 5: Them a hint.
Speaker 2: Everybody good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh, lunchbox, you can tie it. Go ahead, coch incorrect, Eddie, Hunger Games correct, Yeah, Hunger game, Abe, Hunger Games never seen it? What happens there?
Speaker 2: The call?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Oh, I thought that was the coc Cola commercial where they're blow into the bottles.
Speaker 2: They're blow into the coke bottles.
Speaker 3: He's thinking about the Beverly Hillbillies O.
Speaker 2: The jug jugs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Eddie, you want to get It's time for the good news watch box.
Speaker 7: Braylan Edwards used to play in the NFL. Played at the University of Michigan Football. He's at the y MCA, gets done working out, goes to the locker room and he's getting changed and all.
Speaker 2: Of a sudden hears up boom boom. He's like, what is that? And he goes around the corner.
Speaker 7: Eighty year old grandpa getting beat up by a twenty five year old.
Speaker 2: Twenty five year olds beating the eighty year old.
Speaker 7: Braylan steps in and says, nah, not on my watch and stops him from slamming his head into the calendar.
Speaker 3: I wonder what was going on with the twenty five and the eighty probably a locker fight or something, or the eighty year old's always naked in it?
Speaker 4: Yes, and why were you gonna beat him up for that? Well, no, I'm not. No, I'm saying that twenty five year old, like, what what is he thinking? I agree, beating up an old man, right, but I'm wondering why.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it doesn't say just says that eighty year old man was violently assaulted. I was a twenty five year old that older people say.
Speaker 4: Say whatever they want, and they oh, true, they kind of meaning they're both naked.
Speaker 2: That's all you got. That's when it said something like that.
Speaker 5: That's an underlying issue. It probably has nothing to.
Speaker 2: Do with wards worth their awn naked like fighting each oh dude.
Speaker 7: In high school, there was a rule the baseball team that the freshman could not shower at the same because it was just like group showers and you had like five spickets out each one, so there was like four different poles, and the freshmen were not supposed to shower at the pole with the upperclassmen. And so there's one upperclassman trying to inflict that rule. Daniel Farah freshman, big dude, said, you want to bet whooped him right there in the shower butt naked, button naked.
Speaker 2: They fought Ballsy. That's so weird. It was I saying, like they fought button Nagger right there in the shower.
Speaker 3: There was a there was a movie like No Country froll Men where they had like a naked shower fighting scene.
Speaker 2: So what that was? What?
Speaker 3: No LaunchBox made us watch a movie for his movie project watch All Naked Dudes, Box Full of Moonlight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a No Teeth Key special. We saw that. He just made you watch like naked d No.
Speaker 7: He's like, kid, there's this beautiful movie playing. I'd loved you to go watch it with me.
Speaker 2: And so I met him there after school one day. And here's the funny part.
Speaker 7: I bought the ticket and I thought, oh, he must be inside, and No Teeth Keys wasn't there. And so I watched this movie by myself. But apparently he had got there late and he then the guy was there, so he left. But I watched, yeah, box full.
Speaker 2: Of watching it going. Man, they surely show a lot of naked dudes. Yeah I do. But I was like, man, you made us watch it?
Speaker 7: No, No, but I thought it was a deep movie, like, man, you need to stop worrying about work so much and live a little bit watch dude.
Speaker 2: And that was like that was an eye opener.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a good story. Braylen Edwards. You don't want to get beat up by Baylen Edwards either.
Speaker 2: He's a big dude. Yeah, and you know, I mean an eighty year old. Who just imagine if we got beat up by the eighty year old.
Speaker 5: That wow.
Speaker 6: Matt Damon and Brendan Fraser when they did the naked fight shower scene, they were both.
Speaker 5: Really school time.
Speaker 2: What am I thinking of? Probably this nailed it? How do I remember that? It's your thing?
Speaker 5: We just felt from nineteen ninety two that lunchbox.
Speaker 2: It's a good movie. Good movie, beautiful movie. All right, that's what it's all about.
Speaker 3: Was telling me something good.
Speaker 9: So Bobby Bones Show interview with Tim McGraw.
Speaker 3: You know, you know somebody when they come in and immediately start heckling you, Well, which is what happened. Like Tim walks in and goes, hey everybody, Hey, Bobby, how about Arkansas? Huh?
Speaker 2: I can't help myself, No, I thought that.
Speaker 3: Do you when you say you listen to something, you're like, oh, because I'll we all do that, right. If I look at old or listen to old shows or old I'm was like, oh, man, I don't like how I.
Speaker 2: Did that there.
Speaker 3: But when you hear you and you say you cringe, is it because you don't feel like you sang as well?
Speaker 2: Or was it because maybe it was produced weird?
Speaker 10: No, it would not produce weird. Probably more my singing. Yeah, just something that I didn't phrase quite the way I thought i'd phrased it. I'd go back, like if I'm singing something that, like when we're in a before a show, when we're in the dressing room, we'll sit down and play guitars and sing old songs and stuff, and I'll think that I'm singing it the way I remembered singing it. Then if I go back and listen to it, I'll realize that I'm singing it completely different.
Speaker 2: Do you think you're a better singer now?
Speaker 10: I think, I hope so, well, I don't know, I hope so you know different, I guess is a better way to put it. I think probably just my voice. Hopefully my voice is matured a little bit a little bit over the years. I go back and listen now and just think how much of a kid I sound it?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's fair, I would say, when because you've been so generous to perform here many many times. And when you sing, you still sound pure, meaning you don't sound like you're hold are you forty eight? Fifty forty eight whatever that's up down forty eight? You don't sound you don't sound like your voice has gotten older. Where other artists come in there, like I don't have it, so I got to like take and change the key. So it's almost like your voice has gotten better. I think you're a better singer. You're just got a singer as anybody that comes in here, just about. And so like, do you think you've just gotten better by doing it or stronger by doing it? And why is this thing not falling off? Why do why is your voice still good? All the curls, all the rope, all the speed rope. Maybe it's the workouts. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 10: I think it's just I just love it so much. I mean it's in its therapy in a lot of ways.
Speaker 2: You know that. That's my therapy is when I get to go to the studio and sing these songs. You still like singing. I still like singing.
Speaker 10: I still you know, there's nothing that beats a live audience and being on stage in front of people and performing. That's especially in a great night when everything's you know, not all nights are like that, but the nights when everything's magic or the knights that you live for, I mean, that's what keeps you going to the next night.
Speaker 3: That's like that, what makes a night magic on stage Because to us, you may have a terrible show or a great show, but we don't know the difference. If we're watching for the most part, because we're like, man, this is awesome. We're hearing all the big new songs, all the great songs from you know, nineties, two thousands, twenty tens, We're hearing all the hits, and we're just like that was an amazing show. But you may come off and go, god, damn, man, that was not a good show. Like what's the difference in a good show or a thunderbolt? Like you said, you know, most of the time, it's how your ears sound. I mean, when your ears are sounding great, that's when everything's great. When you're having your ears don't sound really well and you're having to push really hard whe you're vocal to get any tone, to get any feeling, or get any soul out of it.
Speaker 2: Those are the nights you feel like you're struggling, you know.
Speaker 3: So it's like the mix and sometimes it's just different, and sometimes it's just different. You can have the same set up, the same everything in every different. But some nights you just have this perfect sound and the bands on target. You know you're on target. The audience is there with you the whole time, and it's pretty awesome.
Speaker 10: But then you know you have nights it's like, you know, I can remember one of my best basketball games. I had the flu and thought I sucked the whole game and went back and scored a lot of points. But sometimes you hyper focus because things aren't going right and you have a better show than you.
Speaker 2: Think you had. Explain to our listeners.
Speaker 3: Whenever you pull out your ear like you sling it out and you're not wearing it and you're not actually mad at that piece of equipment, what are you doing well?
Speaker 10: Sometimes you're just not hearing well and you're thinking, maybe should get some ambient noise in the room.
Speaker 2: You can hear a little bit better.
Speaker 3: And there are times that maybe you can't hear the crowd because steal me off, Like if we're doing you really don't hear the crowd that much, not that much.
Speaker 10: But we have we have crowd mics, so we can crank those up a little bit more.
Speaker 2: We want a little bit more ambient. But sometimes you just take it out because you just feel good.
Speaker 10: Everything sounds good and you just want to take an ear out because it sounds good on stage as well, and you do want to hear the audience a little more.
Speaker 3: Back to your high school basketball career, most points you ever scoring a game?
Speaker 2: Fifty two?
Speaker 10: Wow?
Speaker 2: No way? Yeah? Are you kidding? It was a freak night? How did you score?
Speaker 3: I mean, I know how fifty two comes, I know how you add numbers and get fifty two, But like, were you playing a team?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, where did you play with your guard? I was a guard? Okay, I was a guard. Were you a shooting guard?
Speaker 10: I wasn't a great outside shot and we didn't have three points back then either, So yeah.
Speaker 3: What why that night? Was the game plan built around you taking advantage of somebody else? Fifty two is an amazing No, it was.
Speaker 2: Just one of those nights that you were just on everything was falling? Was the rim?
Speaker 3: Did it look like that sonic massive sonic cup where it just looked gigantic and you couldn't miss.
Speaker 10: Yeah, they snuck a woman's basketball in there for me, so yes, No, it was a you know, just every now and.
Speaker 2: Then you have those nights. What'd you average sing my senior year? Twenty seven? Wow? Yeah? Do you talk about that often?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 10: Gosh, that was a long time ago. I couldn't. I couldn't hit a bucket on a prayer.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you who you are, your pistol pt I'm gonna play Why imagine you score?
Speaker 2: You averaged twenty seven a night? Would know?
Speaker 3: Three point line? Pete average forty four l s U with no three point line?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He was. He was incredible.
Speaker 10: You know, it's a funny funny that you mentioned pistol p There was a while back that they were going to do a movie about pistol Pete and I was going to play him.
Speaker 2: No, no, but that was a long time ago.
Speaker 10: That would but he he was like six ' five something like that, and I'm I'm like barely six foot on a good day.
Speaker 3: So we'd had to put a lot of short people around every movie impossible, that's what that is. You averaged over twenty five points a game in high school. Were you the athlete in high school or were you the singer?
Speaker 2: I was. I was an athlete. That was my whole purpose.
Speaker 10: Was I was a good student too, So I don't want to push that to the side, but uh, yeah, I was an athlete and whatever sport was in the season was my favorite.
Speaker 2: For all children out there, of being a good student is the way to go to get that. Yeah, so did you play any other baseball?
Speaker 3: Baseball and football? So you played football too? I did what position of football? Wide receiver and defensive back, and so you played both ways?
Speaker 2: Big school? Small school? Small school?
Speaker 3: Because I played both ways but only had forty people in the team. Yeah, we didn't have very many people in the team.
Speaker 10: When our basketball team we were like a B school, but we were playing in quiet A tournaments, so we were playing a lot of big schools.
Speaker 2: When when we were in high school, do you catch me touchdowns? I caught a few touchdowns. What about baseball wise, I'll good. Were you then? I was a decent baseball player, played shortstop.
Speaker 10: Yeah, canc an arm not much of a cannon for an arm. My elbows pretty much shot rangy. Yeah you range. Nothing got by me, but my first baseman saved.
Speaker 2: Me a lot on my throat.
Speaker 3: Average senior year, I don't know what bat and average of it was up there, pretty high.
Speaker 2: You gotta be kidding.
Speaker 3: Music, I forgot about a new song. I'm going to just go deep into high school.
Speaker 10: I didn't tell you what I knew, the pictures that I couldn't hit. So I learned a bunt, take a shot.
Speaker 9: So Bobby Bones show interview.
Speaker 2: With good personal for a second, real personal, super personal. Yeah, what get for breakfast this morning? Uh?
Speaker 3: Some cinnamon toast and a cup of coffee, but real cinnamon, Like were the real cinnamon?
Speaker 2: Yeah? This, but it's the kind of pre made this got the swirl in it.
Speaker 3: So but it's like I was thinking, like some kind of organic cinnamon flavored toast.
Speaker 2: Fus no rumbled on it. I mean, I try to eat healthy, but I have plenty of cheap days.
Speaker 3: Can you do breakfast like that every morning? Can you just do cinnamon toast crunch? Would you ever cocoa puffs? Okay, so similar? I like a loco puff. Yeah, but that's usually late at night. That's when it comes. Yeah, it's usually in the mornings. Is usually a protein drink or something before work out.
Speaker 2: Regular milk, whole milk. I like whole milk. Still, not almond, none of that thing. I mean, I'll drink it if it's in the fridge, but I like whole milk.
Speaker 3: Are you somebody who will pour milk and a glass and drink it. I'll drink it around a joke. It's just me in faith in the house now. So no, I don't care about the judge. Just drinking milk like that, that's weird.
Speaker 2: Drink milk. No, it's always cool to milk milk. Wow, Hey Eddie, what was the question for Tim? Yeah? So Tim, you've I figure, you've.
Speaker 4: Been everywhere, like all over the world, But what is one place that you've never been and you want to go?
Speaker 10: Oh wow, there's a couple of places where a couple of places you can't go to now. But I've always wanted to see Saint Petersburg just because it's supposed to be so beautiful.
Speaker 2: But there's no going to say, no chance chance right now, I'll be on your phone.
Speaker 3: No, no, I know we can't take anything if we go over there.
Speaker 2: But you been Russia.
Speaker 10: I've never been to Russia, and I'd love to see Israel and Petra.
Speaker 2: I would you know? That'd be cool. I'd love to see all of that stuff. China.
Speaker 10: I've never been to China. In Japan, but not to China. Ahole, different place.
Speaker 3: That's what I hear. Now, Oh boy, I don't think you want to go there right now either. No, I'm good. I'm staying stay in good old USA.
Speaker 2: I'm good. I feel good.
Speaker 3: So another thing I had here, I saw a little stat here that said that you are since the nineties, you're the most played artist ever on radio.
Speaker 2: Did you know that?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I didn't gosh of all, wow, I didn't even make that up, because sometimes i'll do that. I heard this fact that's the you're the most and it's and I talk about this because I'll be broad.
Speaker 2: It just shows how long I've been around.
Speaker 3: That's well, I've not just been around, but stayed consistent, consistently, highly efficient and just producing hit after hit. And I'll go on some of these shows sometimes and because I've worked in all formats and music, right and they'll go like, hey, talk like who is someone in your history of working in music or and it's always you because you've been able to perform at a high level for a long time. And I feel like you don't get lumped in with like nineties country artists because you never went away, because you didn't have to go away, because you just kept smashing.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you.
Speaker 3: I you know, I'm I've been knock on wood, I've been none of that's wood, by the way, that's like, that's like cushions head.
Speaker 10: Make sure that's my wife. She'll tell you pretty wouldn't. But yeah, I just feel fortunate, you know. I get you know, great songwriters send me great songs. I get to work with Byron Gallimore in the studio, who's one of the best in the world, and we've worked together since the beginning of my career.
Speaker 2: You know, it's I feel very fortunate. I feel very fortunate to have the.
Speaker 10: Opportunity to record great songs, songs and to still get the chance for people to hear them.
Speaker 3: You're also a big actor, obviously, but Amy's gone through the process.
Speaker 2: Now we're shit a little rolling the HBO some you should do.
Speaker 3: Pretty good, and so now she's like, you know, starting to audition for stuff.
Speaker 2: What is your advice to her about that? I mean, auditioning is tough.
Speaker 10: Gosh, it's it's uh, it's the hardest thing in the world. The things that I think that I've done the best at are the things I didn't have to audition for. But the best advice I ever got as an actor came from Billy Bob Thornton. We were doing Friday Night Lights and I was scared to death because that was my first big movie, and I asked him for any advice you've given me. He says, if you think you're if you think you're not doing enough, you're probably still doing too much.
Speaker 3: Is it also where because even there are mics everywhere, you don't really have to project. You're just like trying to talk as a human, but also there camera, so it feels like your heart rates.
Speaker 10: Up as soon as the camera starts rolling in. Every your body defies you a little bit, but but you do. That's one of the things I had to learn too as an actor, is not to not to try to talk to the camera that's way over there, and realizing that they can hear you.
Speaker 2: They have headphones on, you've got microphones.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't know if like pre filming, like you had to like, do you do breathing exercises?
Speaker 5: Do you have anything you work through to just calm?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 10: I mean I'm I'm pretty calm as long as I know, I know my words. But I have to say, when you're doing a scene with Sam Elliott and you have to stare him down and sort of have a confrontation with him, that gets a little nerve acting because he can stare you down pretty good.
Speaker 3: Do you wait from for like an affirmation from like one of those hero type guys when you're done to hopefully or like can I would be like, man, do you even like me?
Speaker 2: Am? I doing a good job? Absolutely? Every time it's like do you hate?
Speaker 3: Like when you don't get anything back and they just walk off, You're like, did I suck?
Speaker 2: I just could I just ruin that scene for him?
Speaker 3: Just going back simply talked about a minute ago, and it includes acting when they say, hey, we're thinking about doing the Pistol Pete movie.
Speaker 2: But Jamie Pistol Pete you familiar. Let me give you a quick little rundown.
Speaker 5: Well, I saw you did an Instagram thing.
Speaker 2: Did a whole thing about him.
Speaker 3: I'm like a massive, massive pistol b fan, like he was show Time before Showtime, Like he was doing things with the ball ball hand on the people to do for twenty years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like was so far ahead of it.
Speaker 3: And you know then he played in the NBA actually average over twenty four points in the NBA. People don't give him credit. Yeah, they're like, oh, he was a buck. He average over twenty He was like you in high school.
Speaker 2: In the NBA. Yeah, he knows three point line. Till his final year, it still averaged that.
Speaker 10: Bill did it, and he would throw up shots from it everywhere from deep yeah, deep shots.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 10: He was doing what uh uh Stephen Curry's doing now, shoot from way out there.
Speaker 3: So when they say we're thinking about doing this movie and you're like, yeah, it'll be awesome, is it disappointing when they go, never mind, we're not doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I was looking forward to that. You started practicing ball handling. Yeah.
Speaker 10: I tried to try to practice while ball hand a little bit, but that was a long time ago. I'm too old for it now. I couldn't. I couldn't.
Speaker 3: I couldn't get down the court once I was at a razorback game, and they send a guy to come get me in a golf cart and they're like, hey, well come get you because I was gonna do some stuff on the field before the game.
Speaker 2: And I like, I have a ga young coach picks me up, drives me in.
Speaker 3: I'm like, hey, man, how's it going. I hadn't met him before. We drive up and he lets me in and he tells me his name. I'm cool, cool, he said, I'll pick you up on the way out. I get back in on the way out and he's talking about his mom and she was at the game and his name was ESJ and so I was like, huhha, towey. And so he's like one of my dear friends now and he's like running UCF and he had a football operations. But that's the real life son of from the blind Side. Yes, And so I saw him post a picture of you two. Is like, I'm here with my fake dad, you know, like a show. Yeah, he came to a show in Florida.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so the Blindside, the real young boy is like my friend, but there's obviously an actor boy.
Speaker 2: But did you get to know the family that well, it was a little bit. Yeah, it with Sean and Leanne. Yeah.
Speaker 10: I got to know pretty well. They were on the set quite a bit. And Land's got a big personality.
Speaker 2: She does.
Speaker 10: Sundra Bullock nailed her, yeah, I mean she actually even underplayed her a bit.
Speaker 3: Do you look back at early acting like you do old music and go I don't watch it, Noah, I don't watch it. I don't watch it either. But for Christmas movie, I've never seen.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, I saw that.
Speaker 3: That's such a good movie. I've never seen it. You get a version of your scenes, just cut out, like you asked. That's what that's what I need. I remember, why don't you? Why why we not once?
Speaker 2: Gosh?
Speaker 10: Because all I see is the mistakes. But I did see the trailer when it first came out. I took my kids were little, and we went to see another Christmas movie and then I didn't know the trailer was going to show. And then the trailer came up and the first thing that popped on the screen was my big old pie face.
Speaker 2: And my daughter looked at me, says, she's dead. Lose some weight like she's daughter, because that's all dried up.
Speaker 9: Now on the Bobby Bones show, Now, what is your theory on set list, like do you start with something new because they're ready for anything, or do you go with the hit first.
Speaker 2: I try to go with a banger first to just set everybody off.
Speaker 3: There's like a yeah, I've seen you a few times and it's like a big build up, and then you go on to let me go to.
Speaker 2: I don't know what is it?
Speaker 10: We will the first one over the last year we've been doing how bad do you Want It?
Speaker 2: That's not the one I remember. Yeah, that was a building right there. That's that's always one of my favorite.
Speaker 3: Scoping with it felt like I need to smoke a cigarette, and with that song, I don't even smoke. I was like, dang, I just went through it right there. But the set list was the hardest thing to put together.
Speaker 10: I mean, it's a it's it's it's a it's no easy task to sort of create a.
Speaker 2: Scene, not a scene, but sort of a roller coaster ride.
Speaker 10: You know, you gotta bang a little bit and then you got to cruise a little bit and then bang a little bit.
Speaker 3: Crease a cigarette banged first? Uh, Lunchbox, what is your crossword post? So Lunchbox got in trouble on the show because he doesn't pay it. He doesn't know how to look. He's uncomfortable, so he doesn't look at artists while we're doing interviews. He doesn't know what to do with his hands, so he just does a crossword puzzle every single time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm not sure why you're here, but thanks for coming. I'm on fifty five down and it's a bit of land surrounded by sea and it's a four letter word and I can't figure it out.
Speaker 2: Land A spit of land, spit see Okay, so what's that? An island? It's too many?
Speaker 5: A bit of lands surrounded by letters?
Speaker 2: Would that be an isle? Like an eye? S L E that it could be an isle? Okay? Ile, how do you spell keith I s L E C A Y No? Four letter? Four letters? Isle? Why aren't they always so hard? Like parks? Isle? That's it is? Is they just shortened island? Like? What is that?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: Why don't they just called an island? Maybe because because it wouldn't be four letters? It's a great call.
Speaker 5: The next thing you get to do is look up Isle.
Speaker 2: Why know it's a bit of land surrounded.
Speaker 5: By city, but why why it's called that?
Speaker 2: Fewer letters? Smaller. Thanks Tom, you're going to go now? All right? That's that's what kind of crossword puzzle are you doing? USA? Today? Now he's mad that they're want to charge him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, they give me one free one and then they want my money for the rest of them. I'm like, no, I've been doing these for free, and now you want you get me with one. Then the next day it's like you want it, you gotta pay for it.
Speaker 2: That's kind of like a streaming service. Yeah, a bunch of jerks. All right, here you go.
Speaker 3: Uncomfortable questions from listeners before we let Tim go here. These are questions listeners sent us. How much can Tim agraw bench press?
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 10: You don't bench press at all. I do, but I don't know how much I don't do. I don't do a lot of heavyweight hurt myself. What do you do though, if you're what's a heavy light weight? You do a plate on each side one thirty five thirty five?
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty weak? All right? Anyway, I probably do like one seventy years. I don't do that much.
Speaker 5: What is good or what is considered high?
Speaker 2: It's depending how much a way, Yeah, I mean relative right, Yeah.
Speaker 10: I mean I'd be scared to throw too much weight.
Speaker 2: I'm serious.
Speaker 3: I'm scared to hurt tear something I have, have you, Yeah, because I'm an idiot. Well, I'll try to make my seventy five my elbow.
Speaker 10: I've had elbow surgeries and knee surgeries and broken feet.
Speaker 2: When winter comes, does it hurt everything on me? Hurts so bad? Everything hurts?
Speaker 10: Yeah, when the front's coming through every I mean you can that's when you can tell all those football injuries and all those basketball injuries and all those injuries start flow, it flying back at you.
Speaker 2: When when a front's coming through these fingers.
Speaker 3: I broke play high school football as soon as it's even here yet. And I'm predicting the weather. I'm like ned Permian Arkansas Channel seven weather. It's like, okay, I can tell it's about to get cold. My fingers won't bend. That's that's just the way you should just do the weather every time. Well, my fingers are hurting, even in a green screen for that, all right? Question two five? What percentagees Timograw tip at dinner? Probably around thirty? Okay, does Timograw shave his chest?
Speaker 2: Occasionally?
Speaker 3: Has timograw ever signed a body part that a fan got tattooed.
Speaker 2: Yes. And then finally, did you sell an island? Yes? Nice, I want to sell a.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I just want to have an island so I can sell it. I'm not even having one yet. Day you still love the water.
Speaker 10: As I do. I haven't been in the water in a while, but I miss it. I miss being in the water and spear fishing. I mean that was something with the Warm Boys. They would come down with me and we'd spearfish eight hours a day. I mean, it was, it was. It was my passion for a while. So I got to get back to it. I was talking to the Warm Brothers.
Speaker 3: They were over my house and we were talking about the song that you Urban and Taylor did together I don't care. And they had said that you really felt you could get Taylor, but so because of that you waited like a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah why so why?
Speaker 3: I mean, great move because it worked out in the end, But so you had a feeling if you just waited that would have like you could get her on it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean I just I just thought it was she was a perfect person for that song, and we had never done anything together. So it was just a matter of just finding the right timing for for both of us to be able to do it. And he's got a new song out and for Keith too. I wanted to definitely wanted Keith on.
Speaker 5: Her first song wasraw Hey, but she don't know him.
Speaker 2: I didn't get any residuals on that.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: He is our friend and yours, Timocgrawl, It's time for the good news.
Speaker 3: Bobby Tango has been a good dog, but he's eternally ill. He's in a hospice and he's being cared for by people that take care of older dogs, and that part of it sucks. But the house where Tango is staying there was a burglary attempt and Tango went Toby keats, which is, I'm not as.
Speaker 2: Good as I once was, Yeah, but I'm as good once as I ever was.
Speaker 3: Older and Tango, who doesn't have a lot of energy, got up and went crazy barking. So the homeowners were like, that doesn't sound normal if Tango and the burglar wasn't all the way in the house yet he had just like and so they came down and Tango saved them. Luckily, the burglar didn't like attack. The burglar ran off, so that's awesome. It's the Golden Paul Hospice foster program which people take care of these dogs, and Tango saved the house.
Speaker 5: Golden Paul.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that's cute, man, big shout out, Tango.
Speaker 4: Yeah man, they say, like, get a dog, because just the bark alone could really like say of your house or is that case you just get a sound machine?
Speaker 2: Uh, Tango A big shout out. That's what it's all about.
Speaker 3: That was telling me something good.
Speaker 8: Wake up, wake up in the morning and turning radio and the dogs already and the lunchbox more game too, Steve Bread and it's trying to put you through fuck. He's running this week's next minute. The Bobby's on the mix, so you knowing this the Bouby balls.
Speaker 3: So here's a voicemail from Joseph in California.
Speaker 2: I just kind of question for the show. I'm recently starting therapy. Got a few personal issues that.
Speaker 5: Have been affecting me lately.
Speaker 2: I had my first appointment and it was a little awkward. I just wanted the show's input.
Speaker 9: What you that's this experiences in your guests therapy PII and get advice on what to expect or how to proceed in the following deployments.
Speaker 2: If you guys can help me out, thank you very much, love the show.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's an awkward situation if you've never done it, sitting with someone you don't know, sharing information that you're not used to sharing. That being said, it's even awkward when you change therapists. So it's never really not completely natural feeling to share vulnerable thoughts with someone, even if they're an expert. So don't feel like what's happening to you is isolated.
Speaker 2: To you.
Speaker 3: First time you have ever done therapy, it should feel different because you're looking to at a different result than you've ever gotten before, so it should feel different. But the begin when I had to change therapists, like a year and a half or two years ago, you're sitting with somebody new, and that kind of feels awkward too, But it's supposed to.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: If you want things to stay the same, keep doing things the same. If you want things to be different, do them different and it feels different. I encourage you to stick with it. Mental health, it's very important. I didn't know that until later, actually yesterday, and I've figured it out. But it is so important if you're worried about you eating, physical, mental, that big brain muscle that is super important too, especially for the other people in your life as well, mostly for you, but also for them, Like if you need to be someone who does things for other people, also for them, but mostly for you.
Speaker 2: But thank you anything you say to that.
Speaker 6: I mean, you may not even find the right therapist the first to go around. So like, don't be scared to like if you're not really feeling it, like, okay, you can you know, give you don't have to walk out, but just make sure that you ultimately can settle on someone you feel super comfortable with and just know that it's.
Speaker 5: Going to take time and you have to be patient.
Speaker 3: And good for you for trying it. Yeah, we have you know clients sponsors like better Help. They do a great job where you don't have to go anywhere. You do it from your phone. Yeah. So, I'm not sure what the code is. It's not a commercial, but betterhelp dot com code, let's just make one up, Bobby rules, that's not it. That's not it, but but better Helps a great place to do it too. Let's go over to Amy now and get in the Morning Corny, The Morning Corny.
Speaker 6: Did you know that the first French Prize weren't cooked in France?
Speaker 5: They were cooked in Greece.
Speaker 2: That was the morning Corny. That's good.
Speaker 3: All right, kids, riddles the adults in the room.
Speaker 2: Riddle me this. We have seven riddles? Oh boy, did we write it down? Are we then? With your name?
Speaker 3: But when you answer, you have one Mississippi to answer the question.
Speaker 2: Yeah and Mississippi. Yes. Ready, here we go.
Speaker 3: Riddle me this, what has a ring but no finger? Lunchbox phonerect?
Speaker 5: I thought he was gonna get it wrong because.
Speaker 2: It wow'd be rings.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's not Saturday phone or a doorbell. I would accept lunchbox one?
Speaker 4: Amy?
Speaker 2: Good? Try riddle me this?
Speaker 3: What fruit can you never cheer up?
Speaker 2: What? What fruit can you know? Amy?
Speaker 5: Blueberry direct?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Blue, I don't understand. It's sad. Oh that's what that means. Yeah, like blue Blue didn't know that. You riddle me this, What month of the year has twenty eight days? Amy?
Speaker 5: Anyway?
Speaker 2: Incorrect? Oh? Shoot UBox all of them correct?
Speaker 3: Every month has twenty eight days or more.
Speaker 2: I thought you were there was more to it.
Speaker 7: I thought you're gonna keep going because I thought, Amy, we're bringing too soon, and I was like.
Speaker 2: Well, what's the rest of it?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: Next up? Riddle me, hey, Eddie, are you playing? My brain's not clicking right now, man, I don't know what's going on. Riddle me this. What has a bed but never sleeps? That ain't Amy?
Speaker 3: Your yard in correct? Garden in correct? What has a bed but never sleeps?
Speaker 2: Eddie? Eddie?
Speaker 6: An ant bed, a flower bed and bed river bed?
Speaker 2: I mean they work the garden bed?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Flower?
Speaker 2: What do you think? But I never heard garden? Yeah? Yeah, yeah. And he's just like you do in a garden. He said a garden, said garden bed? She said?
Speaker 5: Yards said, kay, I don't know how to say it.
Speaker 3: Flowers, yeah, said like this flower and even.
Speaker 2: That's wrong It like this could be in a pot.
Speaker 5: Who says? Anyway?
Speaker 2: Three left? Riddle me this what begins with tea, ends with tea? It has tea in it? Loves rocks depot correct?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wow wow? Riddle me this? Where does today come before yesterday?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 2: Amy?
Speaker 5: On a calendar?
Speaker 3: Incorrect? Where does today come before yesterday?
Speaker 2: Eddie? Eddie? Tomorrow? Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 3: Where does today come before yesterday? Lunchbox Lunchbox dictionary.
Speaker 5: Boom, Hello there, pick up the phone. Yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 2: O riddle here. His name is lunchbo to come out.
Speaker 3: That's seven.
Speaker 2: That went fast, lunch Box four one. Nobody I know, but I'm not totally get zero.
Speaker 5: Normally better than that. No, you're not, ridd check the stats. I am.
Speaker 3: Hold on, let me check the flats. Well the last that it was Lunchbox one. It's only when we have what sorry, this.
Speaker 2: Is why we played the game.
Speaker 3: So so what I do is I go, it'll be this, but then Lunchbox gets to do it.
Speaker 2: If he wins, he wins.
Speaker 7: Are you guys ready, Hey, get your ears ready, because that's how we play Old.
Speaker 2: Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 7: This story comes to us from Lake City, Florida. Two men decided, hey, man, we need some money. What can we do? I think we should steal an ATM. So first they went and stole a utility truck, like a big truck that comes and fixes the power lines.
Speaker 2: But like that thing on top of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that has like a little crane.
Speaker 2: A little bucket.
Speaker 7: So they get some chains, they drive to the bank, wrap it around the ATM, and boom, pull it out.
Speaker 2: Let's go bank, alarm goes off. Police respond and about a.
Speaker 7: Mile from the they see them driving down the road at the ATM drag the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why would you still want from a bank?
Speaker 3: I would go where there's just like a standalone it's not exactly beside a bank somewhere.
Speaker 2: Well, you have to go in the store for that. Where's in a parking lot? Just random parking lot? I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's there are a couple near my house that aren't at a bank you can pull up to.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to think if I see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's one by my house. It's a self storage unit like place. And in the parking lot there's a drive up ATM.
Speaker 3: They've started to put most of them inside at walgreendes and stuff now, but there's still a few anyway. And then also if they're like, what do we do for money? Get a job, don't steal the got that?
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 3: The picture's hilarious because it looks like a beat up old dryer on the side of the road, but it's really the ATM because they've been dragging it for about a quarter mile. There's a helicopter, the police helicopter that's landing in front of it.
Speaker 2: It's wild. I'm Lunchbox. That's your Bonehead story of the day. We appreciate you guys being here so much. Hope your weekend was great. We're back tomorrow, borrow.
Speaker 3: If you can find everything in Bobbybones dot com, we'll see you guys.
Speaker 2: Then come on, y'all, Bobby Bone shoot the.
Speaker 3: Bobby Bones theme song written produce sang by Readyardberry. You can find his instagram at Reidyarberry dot com. Scooba Steve, executive producer, Ray Mundo, head of Production. I'm Bobby Bones. My instagram is mister Bobby Bones. Thanks for listening to the podcast.