Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, explombing down the sidelines.
Speaker 1: This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Windstuck where Flavor gets its wings.
Speaker 2: Now, your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon.
Speaker 1: Gross, Welcome to Draft Day.
Speaker 3: Are you guys pumped? Are you excited? Look out on the plaza.
Speaker 1: Look at it they're putting out the picnic tables. I hope it doesn't rain because it's seventy one degrees in cloudy.
Speaker 3: The ho today is seventy six. The load to night sixty nine.
Speaker 4: Ue kid Ricky his current he is shaying it. That's Chris who has a very very very long, very long weekend. I am Zaddy Holly. Together we make Hanging with the Boys, the sports talking quick on the brill people when we speak, yes segment, I'm sorry you got I'm in your business.
Speaker 5: I'm saying it.
Speaker 3: There you go? How you fellas feeling?
Speaker 1: We we are the official Draft Day kickoff show.
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: That means not much because we don't know a whole lot about the draft.
Speaker 4: This is the one show. Not honestly, like, if we're being completely.
Speaker 3: And that's what we do here, you don't want to listen to.
Speaker 4: You if you're if you're if you woke up this morning like we you know, we say football horny here. If you woke up draft horny here this morning and you thought, man, I'm tuning in all day loan at dallascowboys dot com and hanging with the boys, gonna kick this thing off for absolutely amazing draft coverts.
Speaker 1: They're gonna get me the inside and let me know about insider deal.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, listen now, once the draft picks are drafted, yeah, we go and they getting to camp. Oh now now now I'm cooking. Now I can go in and I can start putting things together.
Speaker 3: I'm cooking them in the building. First, did you ever.
Speaker 5: Pay when you're playing? Did you ever pay much attention to the draft? What was going on? No?
Speaker 6: Like yes and no.
Speaker 4: Like I've told the story about when the Cowboys drafted that's Bryant.
Speaker 6: Oh right, Like I was in Mexico and I was like, oh.
Speaker 4: There's my job because you just every time you start looking at you know, guys get drafted.
Speaker 6: You just think about boy, that roster starts pushing down.
Speaker 4: If you're at the you know, it's just like business is business, they start pushing down. I mean you follow it just you know out of this year just excitement for the draft. But are you here like Broadus and Nick Harris and Kyle Yeoman's and and uh and are you Sha Morris and everything. I mean they're watching hundreds of them, Like who I don't. I'm sorry, like nothing against those. I'm glad there's somebody on that wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because we need It's like it's like the Night's Watch. We need them on that wall.
Speaker 1: Am I going to go on top of that wae No, No, I am not sacrificing my life, my family, And but I mean it's and and they do it, man, they do such a good job.
Speaker 3: Like I I mean, I know.
Speaker 1: There's people that get paid on national platforms to do that and that's what they do year round. But I I mean this is not just because of who they I see what they do and I know the work they do, like they're on that level, like they put that kind of time and that work into the national you know you hear you hear the big names like Kiper mcshae. All that stuff these guys put that, they put.
Speaker 6: The work in.
Speaker 7: It's worth checking out when you know they'll be doing their draft show through the whole drafts. Yeah, starting night all day Friday or Friday night all day Saturday. Not only even it's worth checking out. They know that, especially when when the Cowboys angle, you know, right, and not only.
Speaker 4: Do you talk about just you know, the names that we know or the names that the commoners know, but like they're traveling to to the Senior Bowls, they're going to what was the Shrian Himbowl here?
Speaker 6: What a Srian was here?
Speaker 4: They're there pro days combine.
Speaker 6: I mean, like.
Speaker 1: Broddess is working the phones on all the gms and personnel people, and.
Speaker 4: I know I got to give a shout out to to to Brian brought Us.
Speaker 6: That's my dude. I got to give a shout out to Brian brought.
Speaker 4: Us because he is, I would say, in the df W you area, like he's the grandfather of scouting. He I remember way back when when the Cowboys was in Valley Ranch, like he was the guy who were bringing guys in and really showing the younger guys. This is before social media got big, and YouTube got big, and now everybody has access, which I sometimes don't like everybody can put out all these different stuff. But but brought us was one of the guys who I remember, like his first two pupils, a guy like Jeff.
Speaker 6: Kavanaugh and Kevin Turner.
Speaker 4: He was bringing those guys in and sneaking into Valley Ranch and and and they were like, you know, watching the breakdowns, and he was kind of giving those guys the the the the you know, the the one on one of what how do you scout a guy? What does it look like? What is you know, stacking aboard? What does all those things mean? And and that birthed this new generation of guys like Kyle Yeoman's like Nick Harris, like the Isha Morrises of the world, like the Dame Bruglers, and you know, all the ones.
Speaker 6: That we see.
Speaker 4: Now you know, it's all over and there's a bunch of other you know, guys like Voss Lombardi and uh Koye Media Like, there's a bunch of other guys who are out there doing it who I think have some really good content, but no better content than what you get far as cowboy centric.
Speaker 1: Right then, So they're from the right here the Brian broad Us tree draft tree.
Speaker 6: Yeah, his tree is pretty dope. Yeah, it's pretty pretty dope. And and that's pretty dope.
Speaker 3: That's so I was talking about. On a national level. They know these guys, right, they get they get Chris, you can speak to this.
Speaker 1: They get pissed if somebody gets drafted that they don't talk about, right, Like if you guys don't have somebody loaded up like that, that just that destroys them, doesn't it. And they usually they usually only miss what maybe one two a year, maybe three?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think Dame Bruce missed like one last year in his in his magazine, and that was like he has like over like eleven hundred guys.
Speaker 3: And he just destroyed him, like all the work he put in. He was like, miss that man, Come on, how do I miss?
Speaker 8: I mean, like I was looking at Dane's top three hundred. Okay, in the last I'm missing two guys. One guy I'm trying to get like video of Okay, the last guy, I number three hundred on his list. Okay, Byron Matos, you want to take a guess what college he went to?
Speaker 4: Noon Batos, I'm gonna say a West Coast college.
Speaker 8: I would say this is deep south, you Liam Dominican Republicans.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, deep deep South, deep side.
Speaker 6: That's deep sound. Yeah, guy, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know where I'm gonna find b roll of this guy. He's so good. Look, but I did get I find the guy.
Speaker 8: He had another guy, uh, Giovanni Manu from British Columbia.
Speaker 6: I did watch.
Speaker 3: I did get his films.
Speaker 4: Oh you know what, I've oddly enough i've heard that name, like I've heard yeah, this is Yeah.
Speaker 8: He's number two ninety six in his top three hundred, so wow.
Speaker 4: This is the guy. He's like his his measurables are like really.
Speaker 6: Good, right yeah.
Speaker 8: But he played in Thick basically Canadian and it was Canadian rules. I'm watching this and like, you know how like when you're watching film and you know who the dude is, because like he's like three times bigger than everybody else on the offensive line, right, like like.
Speaker 3: You know, sometimes you have to look him up.
Speaker 6: Okay, which guy?
Speaker 8: I need a circle and that kind of stuff. I'm like, Nope, that's the guy, right yeah. Like the tight end looks like like he's like a little running back next to him. You know it's yeah, little guy. Yeah, probably it'd be like Shannon lining up next to Nate. Yeah, seriously, I mean really, I'll show you the berro.
Speaker 3: It's hilarious. By the way, hopefully Nate shout out to Nate. Hopefully he's recovering. He's recovering well, he said, rehabs going good.
Speaker 1: I sent him a text last night and he said he hopes to be back in the studio soon.
Speaker 3: So hopefully we get him in here. I miss Nate. That's on Nate.
Speaker 1: And by the way, and so this is the last time I will stroke the Draft show's ego except for Chris, because Chris, we feel for you, because it's gonna be a very gonna be stuck in a room with no windows fit the next three days.
Speaker 8: My wife this morning goes, we'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 3: That's exactly.
Speaker 1: But as far as like they know the national guys, I think on a level that your national people do. But as far as like Cowboys draft coverage and what they need, what they want, who fits, there's no better. There's nothing better if you're a Cowboys fan than to listen to that all weekend long because they know everything in every angle. So all right, enough about them, let's talk about our show, because we're all about us on this show. It's right Kurt's to you don't even have to say a name. But what position?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 3: What position do you think they'll draft? And what position do you want them to draft in the first round or do you want them to trade up or trade back?
Speaker 5: I definitely want them to trade back.
Speaker 7: Okay, Oh, I think there's going to be enough guys available at twenty four that they can drop back.
Speaker 5: They need picks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how far back do you want them to drop?
Speaker 7: Well, not far, you know, late first, early second. I don't want them to drop very far back.
Speaker 3: But so five to ten picks back?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, not even maybe not ten, more like three to five or something five, not very far. But I think there's enough, there'll be enough guys at twenty four available that they can move back and still get guys that can help them immediately and hopefully pick up some picks that will also help them immediately.
Speaker 3: So what position do you want them to draft and what position.
Speaker 6: Do you think?
Speaker 7: I would like them to draft a center, Okay, I think that's their biggest need right now. There's a lot of good tackles, so I kind of wonder if they're they're going to lean that way all right, so.
Speaker 5: Which wouldn't be bad either. I mean, they obviously need some help up there.
Speaker 1: Anyone on the offensive line I think is not a bad pick.
Speaker 3: As long as it's a good a good prospect, Jesse you receiver.
Speaker 4: No, it has to be offensive line like at this point in time. And this may be part of the reason that sometimes people get a little bit upset with the Cowboys, and it's sometimes it's the fault of their own. Sometimes it's not a fault of your own. But when you go into this draft and there's such a glaring need, and everybody around you knows that the guys that are picking behind you, the guys that are picking in front of you, and you know a lot of times you talk about, hey, let's trade back, and you know they're got to be two part. They gotta be too willing to tango in this type of you know scenario, There have to be a team that's behind you that are saying, hey, we wanna we want to jump up and grab a guy. So and then it has to be, well, what are you willing to give us? Because if you're if your second round pick or whatever we're looking at is in the the latter part of the second round. Then that's basically like I'm getting a third rounder, right, So I need a guy like I think the Patriots pick up clothes need. I need teams like that who are picking early in the second round. That said, Okay, yeah, we'll move back like you were saying five or six or seven picks. But like if you're talking about me moving back twenty picks, we're now talking about we're firting with because anytime you start dealing with guys at the tail end of that round, then that guy could easily be the beginning of the next round. So if you're talking tail end of the second, that mean that guy could possibly have a third round grade on him. And then now the quality goes down. Of course, it's offensive. It's offensive lineman, whether it be tackle, guard, or center. I think I agree with Kurt a little bit on this as far as getting a center. When I look at the way this offense is set and your quarterback is set. When Dak is able to be comfortable in clean pocket in front of him, he's a much better quarterback when he's able to drive the football down the field, and the pressure isn't you know, coming in those A and B gaps, and center is getting pushed back into his lap and he's able to step into his throw because no, I mean not knocking him, but he doesn't have the supreme arm talent of Josh Allen, the Patrick Mahomesh. You know, you name it, Jordan Love, you name the quarterback that has the supreme arm talent. Where it doesn't not of the platform on which they throw from the ball is going to get there accurately efficiently, He's gonna pop out of his mechanics have to be good. He's like, he's a guy who has to have the mechanic. I gotta be upright. I want to step in through it. I want to drive the ball.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: He can make some you know, off kilter throws, but overall he's not flicking it with his.
Speaker 6: Wrists like no, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: So I think the center would be would be best because it's much easier to help on the outsides. I got I got backs chipping, if you know, for tackle purposes.
Speaker 6: I got backschipping. I got tight as we can line them out there.
Speaker 4: And this is a deep draft offensive line wise, so you can't go wrong with either tackle or guard or center, but I do think getting a center would would would help fortify this offensive line a little bit better. But that's always the tricky part because if it doesn't hit, if it doesn't hit, and that's the part where you don't want to kind of you know, in these type of positions, and that's what makes offensive line difficult.
Speaker 6: There's so few of them, like.
Speaker 4: Overall, you know what I mean, Like there's like offensive linemen, whether the draft is big on them or not. It's just a just a position where there aren't just there in the world. It's there just aren't a bunch of six foot five, six foot six, six foot seven, three hundred and twenty three hundred, you know, five pounds, two hundred and ninety pounds human beings just athletically enough to play in this league just walking around outside right like there you can find more five ten, five eleven guys to play receiver or play running back or dB or whatever, then you can find offensive linemen. So it's even more of a premium that these guys kind of really really really have to hit because there aren't many of them, so you can't even if it misses you can't just go and kind of replace it elsewhere because the sheer fact of that human being is not on the earth as readily available as other guys, you know, other size human being.
Speaker 9: Kind Of like a defensive tackle, there's only a hand I have a better built the way to play that position, and then even fewer that are physically talented enough to do to do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what do you think?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 1: I mean, I wouldn't be mad if they they got so many needs. I wouldn't be mad at a linebacker, although I think they should probably go offensive line just because and I think to me, the decisions they made in the offseason point in that direction, like or you know, we're letting letting these guys go, right, So what I think you almost have to address it in the first round.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be mad at I mean, I wouldn't be mad at defensive line. I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're gonna go defensive tackle two years in a row, because then you're admitting that last year was a failure and you're you know, you're moving in a different direction. So I don't think some guys you definitely need a guy, Yeah, you need a guy, but I don't. I just think I don't think they're gonna make that move defensive end. I think you're I think you're okay, But I wouldn't be if.
Speaker 6: A badass falls.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be mad. The only thing I would just be like, what what are you doing? Is probably probably receiver running back in the first round. I mean I don't definitely, you know, I mean they're good at safety.
Speaker 7: There could be some receivers and cornerbacks sitting there that the KI right higher on their board.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I just I think, you know, and they get in trouble when they reach that's the one thing.
Speaker 3: That's the one thing when.
Speaker 1: They start playing, when they start plugging for need instead of best player on the board. So if a badass receiver or cornerback falls to you and you got him graded at a you know, top ten guy and he falls down to you, and you're.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know, but I do know this.
Speaker 1: I think they're gonna go offensive line, and you know, everybody's talking about what's the guy's.
Speaker 3: Name, Graham Barton? Yeah, from Duke.
Speaker 1: They can play like that, can you know? I think they would slot him as a center, but he can play. You know, we were talking about this earlier with Chris in here before the show. He can play three positions, right, But I you know, I don't.
Speaker 4: Jack of all trades.
Speaker 1: But I think they can't miss this year. I think this year more than any other draft since I have been here in twenty years, Like, there's more pressure on this draft because last year so far, they say, give what three years before you figure it out? You know, and you had some injuries and things like that, but you can't. You can't have a draft this year like you had last year.
Speaker 6: They got to find four starters. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like agree, in most drafts, like from top to bottom, you try to find three or four starters. The Cowboys must find.
Speaker 5: And usually you're only getting one or two.
Speaker 4: Right, they must find because if you don't, if you don't draft, then that that basically sets you back a year, right.
Speaker 3: Because three years probably yeah, because you're you, because.
Speaker 4: There are new there will be a new need that comes about that you got to address next year.
Speaker 6: You gotta dress next year, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: I do. I want to tease this and maybe when we answer it on the other side of this break, Jerry Jones the Cowboys, right, their draft day room. You see Jerry is Stephen at the head of the table. You see Will McClay in there. But you see their coaches are in there right and historically Jerry has been one. While we point a lot of fingers at saying Jerry is kind of running the show, I think a part of the reason sometimes Jerry goes wrong because he listens to a lot of people in the organization and outside the organization. With the coaching staff the way that it's currently constructed. Your head coach, last offensive coordinator is on a last year his deal with no future looking like you know he's gonna get signed right now. And your defensive coordinator Zimmer, who is on a one year basically deal. These are the guys who are now giving input in this draft. They are they looking to build future needs or right now. We'll talk about that on the To do that, it's called a tea.
Speaker 3: We don't do that very often. We're not good at teasing. We just like to give it to you at least that Yeah, we'll be right back. Second segment, Hanging with the Boys. The official draft day kickoff show of the Dallas.
Speaker 2: Cowboys fall is here, and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties.
Speaker 6: Let Yo Kiero be your.
Speaker 2: One stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierro's fresh flavorful, ready to serve guacamolea made with real hals avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section. Grab some today.
Speaker 10: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at a team hotel, tend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and od's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 11: See geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are, so whether you're a diehard fan or a dog with a care fan we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again. Fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So, whether you're a here of your week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat geek has you covered? Download the sea Geek After day seat Geek, You're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys seats.
Speaker 12: How's wing Stop sound Christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying players paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature wind Stop Ranch, and of course spicy Cajun fried course.
Speaker 6: I think you've heard enough.
Speaker 12: Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot Com.
Speaker 6: Back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 1: Welcome back Hanging with the Boys, The official Draft day kickoff show the Dallas Cowboys. Second segment brought to you each and every day by Blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: Thank you Blockchain dot com. All right, we got a couple of fun things. We'll get to.
Speaker 1: Jesse's point in just a minute. He teased it in the last segment. But Chris had a great, a great uh.
Speaker 3: Game that we're gonna play and we're just gonna butcher this and I am you are right now, So Chris tell them what we're doing. Okay, you guys were talking about the Cowboys needs in the first round. Everybody know that they need an offense alignment.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 8: Okay, So went on NFL dot Com and I looked at every team in the NFL's needs. Okay, of the thirty two teams, twenty eight of them even offensive line.
Speaker 3: So I'm not good at math, but that means there's four that four.
Speaker 8: Does not, according to NFL dot Com, do not need an offensive lignment in this draft.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna guess. Can you name it the four? I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 1: No, I'm gonna be happy if I get one. I'll go first because I don't really know a whole lot about it.
Speaker 5: Thought we were just throwing names. I don't even have four.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go Philly, Miami, Casey, and New England, none of those.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I figure.
Speaker 3: Miami needs a center because they lost their center.
Speaker 1: So I thought maybe they had a guy ready to go. No, Kurt, that's not how you played the game.
Speaker 3: Give me four, given.
Speaker 1: Four forty nine ers, Kurt's going forty.
Speaker 3: Just pick four teams. Kurt's not that hard.
Speaker 7: Jets, okay, Brown's okay, and I like.
Speaker 3: Your picks a lot better than mine.
Speaker 8: Packers, all right, Kurt got one the Jets, all right.
Speaker 3: So Jets are off the board.
Speaker 4: Jets are off the boards.
Speaker 3: So there's three teams there.
Speaker 6: You go, okay, but.
Speaker 3: You have fewer to pick froms to you.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna go with Detroit.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a good one.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm gonna go with Seattle, and I'm gonna go with Houston.
Speaker 3: Oh, none of those.
Speaker 10: Terrible.
Speaker 8: According to NFL dot com, the four teams that do not need an alphans linem in this draft would be the Atlanta Falcons, the Jets, the Giants, and the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 3: According to NFL dot Com, Atlanta surprises.
Speaker 6: Me the other ones. I'm there.
Speaker 3: I can see that. That's good. Okay, good, good game, Chris.
Speaker 6: That was good. That was good.
Speaker 3: That was a game.
Speaker 1: It was Chris has a waffle house challenge.
Speaker 3: Question that will do?
Speaker 1: Next segment, you'll want to stay tuned for that because it's very interesting.
Speaker 6: That's like what I'm trying to nate would lose on purpose. Sure, it would be the.
Speaker 3: Three of these things problem.
Speaker 6: Where the where are the French Fries?
Speaker 3: So, Jesse, your tease was coming into the second or coming out of the first segment?
Speaker 4: Yes, coming into the come out of the first segment. We talked about the Cowboys draft needs. You know Jerry Jones, Yes, we know. He sits at the height of the table, he and Steven. But around that table it's well McLay, it's other scouts, but it's coaches as well. And you look at the the the the the draft needs, and you're thinking about, I'm trying to find a guy for the next ten years, the next five to ten years. Well, the coaches right now as they sit head coaching of cordinator Mike McCarthy, he's on the last year.
Speaker 6: Of his deal.
Speaker 4: Who, by the way, just hired a new agent. Uh uh he was Don Yee is his new agent. Yes, yeah, Donnie's new agent.
Speaker 6: Very strategic move, very strategic move.
Speaker 4: Don Yee has some he's some heavy hitters, interesting clients.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So he just hired a new he just hired a new agent. It's money season for everybody.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: And then you have Mike Zimmer who just signed on him recently and for all of what that is, he's tied to the head coach. So essentially they're both on one year deals. Are they looking to draft and maybe this is an oxymonar on question, but are they looking the draft and say, hey, yeah, we're gonna draft this guy now, but maybe he needs a year or two before he really blossoms and with full potential. Are they saying we got to go right now? Like I'm pushing for guys that I know that can go right now because our jobs are on the line. And how does that play into the hands of Steven, Jerry and Will because those guys are gonna be here for the long law. So are they pushing out God saying you know what, this guy right here may not be a day one starter, but he has a potential to be man, but it needs a little work, right, Like you see like the ying and yang of are we looking to build for the future or do we need.
Speaker 6: More of a right now need?
Speaker 4: And that goes back to that reaching right component of It's interesting.
Speaker 3: That's interesting because I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know if there's ever been a time I say that all the time about this season, but it seems like there's so many things that are in disarray around here right now, and this is one of them. Because that's a great point, Like you got coaches that want to win now, but they might not be here year, right, that's a great.
Speaker 4: And how does that factor into whoever my next head coach is, my next DC may not like these kind of guys? Does these guys fit into what they do?
Speaker 1: Because you're seeing a trend more and more around the league offensive end, defensive side of the ball where you hire the coordinator or you hire the coach and they build out the type of like Dan Quinn wanted, you know, a type of guy, right, And they've even come out and said that these certain players didn't really fit with what they did, which kind of goes with what you say.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you're who's building the team, right? Is it the coaching staff or is it the front office?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: And so you see them a lot with quarterbacks. Now you hire the coach and then let the coach. You know, you got a franchise quarterback, you have the coach. Sometimes it doesn't save the quarterbacks job anymore. Hey, I want to bring this guy in. That's you know, this franchise guy's gone. So it's a great that's a great question as to who's building the team and how much input do outside sources having this.
Speaker 7: I think and I hope that they're they're not just building for next year, that they have to look beyond as as general manager, as Will McClay and his role as the personnel director, they have to be looking beyond just this next year.
Speaker 1: I mean that you get with the way that they're handling the off season, you would hope that that's what they're looking at, like because if they were building just for next year, you would have spent a lot more money in the off season, right.
Speaker 7: I've read an interesting story, I think it was on The Athletic about how we always kind of feel like you get this impression that, oh, we're all on board with this player, we're so glad we picked them, and everybody in the room love this guy. But the reality is there's a lot of agendas.
Speaker 5: Every coach has their guy.
Speaker 7: Scouts are jumping on the table for the guy they've put effort into. You know, it's it's definitely a battleground.
Speaker 5: It is a war room for a reason.
Speaker 6: I wonder if they get pissed.
Speaker 1: I'm sure the emotional when they're you know, when they're making a case for their guy, but I wonder if they like get pissed and whole grudges against people for like you you know that I owe this guy and you know, like the work that I put in, and you know your guy wouldn't as good as this guy.
Speaker 3: And you went in there and you.
Speaker 4: Did this anyway, No, if you listen to if you listen abroad to tell it like they're they're like, he tells the story.
Speaker 6: You know, if you go to on the Filter with Jesse Holly on YouTube.
Speaker 4: I interviewed him like two three weeks ago, and he tells a story where he was in the war room and they were like, you know those guys be like I told you so, like that moment, like like they don't get their guy in a year or two ago, I told you so, I told you like I didn't want that guy. You wanted that guy and look at him now, Like they have those type of conversations. So like it is to curse point, it is an absolute war room in there because there are guys who because think about it, if you've been if you've been designated to a certain era to scout a guy, and you spent time, energy and effort in this guy, you're.
Speaker 3: Like months and this is your family, this.
Speaker 6: Is my guy, this is this is the guy, and you're like, well.
Speaker 7: My defensive line coaches coming in and asking, oh I need this type of player.
Speaker 5: Well you know it's got, it's got.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean there there is.
Speaker 4: There's definitely some contentious, some very tense conversations that happened in that war room and then gods walk out.
Speaker 6: Either there are there are, there are two modes.
Speaker 4: Like I think I'm gonna be looking for this in in in the war room footage because there's there's an excitement, right we put our draft pick in, we get them right. But there's sometimes it's like that, and there's other guys that are like, yeah, you know what I mean, like we're happy for the team, Say, who the hell I want.
Speaker 3: The cameras on, clap smile, Pat Jerry on the back.
Speaker 4: Guys we're high five and you can tell like there's a one side of the room. It's like let's go okay, yeah, we'll see how this.
Speaker 3: Works out half the rooms lighting cigars. The other half's like, yeah, whatever.
Speaker 4: Whatever, you can't. There's some guys right now in the scouting department, in the coaching hallway and looking at like I told Josh I had done what Smith told you.
Speaker 7: I told you we should have went with listening to Dan Quinn and your coach instead of the guys's been watching film.
Speaker 4: I told you we should have. We should have went linebacker. We should have went you know, you can't tell me. I told those guys, you know, boss man Fast, I told those guys. I told them, don't go to that. Don't go this guy. There are guys that are saying that.
Speaker 6: Right now. I'm out certain guys.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, let's take our last break.
Speaker 1: When we come back, Chris is gonna let us know what the waffle house challenge is and what has to happen for that to come to fruition, and we'll wrap up the official kickoff show of Dallas Cowboys Draft Day on Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 13: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, And they.
Speaker 6: Snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 3: He escaped left for a first down.
Speaker 13: Like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency Prus.
Speaker 2: Scott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 13: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 6: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 3: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 12: How's Wingstop sound? Crispy juicy, classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying playfists paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard blue cheese or signature Windstop Ranch and of course spicy Cajun fried corse. I think you've heard enough. Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 11: See if geek has your back, no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a doing really care fan and we got him next time fan or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The Sea Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a Here of your week fan or haven't been here in years fan, see geek has you covered? Download the Sea Geek After the Sea Geek, You're a ticket the Great Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 14: Seats James right here. You're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. Do you know how much I love my Cowboys? And I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fan to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 6: Enter today, back to Hang in with the Bulls.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the final segment Hanging with the Boys brought to you each and every day by Jigsaw, the proud dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Chris, you got me that free membership. Yet I'm waiting on Christ to give me that free free membership we get to Actually I did reach out to somebody about that. Actually, we were working on that. They're like, we don't we don't want his kind of no.
Speaker 8: No, Actually I sent it to Nikki and said, hey, who's the who's the person on it? The person who started on it left and now there's someone else. Okay, we're working on getting you a go.
Speaker 1: We'll do some live some live experimentation, maybe get a girl to call in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we can screen them over the air. First date we visit there, he goes A big news for you though, tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, every day, big day.
Speaker 1: I am going to get my physical after months and months of harassment from this show.
Speaker 4: I love years we'll call harassment.
Speaker 3: I am love.
Speaker 1: Yes, I am going to and thank you. Guys did a great job. I knocked the dentist out first. Everything's good in that department. Now I'm going to Hopefully I don't have to have.
Speaker 3: As much work from the doctor as I did the dentists.
Speaker 1: Holy cow. But uh yeah, and Chris kind of pushed me over the edge when he went ahead and did his so if anybody out there is putting it off, just go do it.
Speaker 3: Call Chris, Chris being solidarity with me and Chris and go do it.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I'm about ninety nine percent positive month. Next Thursday I will come in with another appointment that, oh they honestly running.
Speaker 6: No, I might already have it done.
Speaker 1: That next they already have it done the way they work, go ahead and get it out of the way.
Speaker 3: So yes, big big day tomorrow. So I'll keep you guys posted.
Speaker 1: All right, Chris, you will tell us about the waffle House challenge before we get going.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so Nick and uh Nick Harris. I always have to say Nick Harris because we have a Nick Eatman around now. So Nick Harris on the draft shoed and what we'll.
Speaker 6: Like saying Joel Treyhan too, Joe he's got white, Joe black Joell.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, the other one works for Channel five, right, no, Channel eight, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So anyways, the waffle House challenge, if anybody's ever heard of it, is where you go to waffle house for twenty four hours and for every waffle you eat, it knocks an hour off your time, So you have to stay in waffle House for twenty four hours to fulfill the obligation. So yeah, right off the bat, you're gonna be there for twenty three hours because you can at least eat one waffle. Yeah right, so subtract your time with waffles.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that the.
Speaker 8: Nick said he is not going to run a marathon like Kyle Yeoman did a couple of years ago for Ceedee Lamb. But he did say he would go to waffle House Challenge for Troy Fatanu, the offensive guard out of Washington.
Speaker 3: God, he's a god. He's the number one guard on Dame Brugler's board.
Speaker 8: If this guy falls to us, there's a lot of people maybe do waffle House Challenges ranked number nine overall.
Speaker 3: Of all the draft, all the players this year. So wow, yeah, so we'll see if that. So it's just just just Nick. Actually, I think broad Us said he would do it with them.
Speaker 1: Well, you gotta have somebody to do it with you, because you got to have somebody to, yeah, just to hold you account.
Speaker 8: I mean you think about this, like, do it on a day where there's a lot of things in sports, so you can bring laptop and yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean hell I probably did in college, cramming for a test all night.
Speaker 3: We had to go wild houses in West Monroa.
Speaker 6: What tests.
Speaker 3: Well, dude, I was the biggest procrastinator.
Speaker 6: I would I would wait study.
Speaker 3: I'd wait till the night before. We had an all night diner.
Speaker 1: We had to they wind up opening to waffle house, but we had an all night diner that I would go to and I would sit because I don't study well in a real quiet environment.
Speaker 3: Because I distracted. I have to have like things going on around me where I can just look up and go okay.
Speaker 1: And I would go and I would I'd get in there about seven o'clock and i'd leave it about four in the morning and then go take my test at eight or nine.
Speaker 3: So but yeah, I would study. But you're not really a breakfast guy. I didn't eat breakfast, but I would eat all night. I'd graze all night. So yeah, well, I hope they come to fruition. They have him going at nine.
Speaker 1: Do you think there's any any possibility cowboys move up in this draft?
Speaker 3: No, very slim.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you have too much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they need they need they don't have. They don't have room to give up. They don't have you know, we you know, we gave what do you get for tree lance?
Speaker 13: Fourth?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So if you trade back and yeah, trade back.
Speaker 7: Jack Wilson just went for a sixth round.
Speaker 4: Or he gave a fourth round for tree.
Speaker 1: Lance, which I think I would rather have trade lance than I would Jack Wilson.
Speaker 7: He had his contract runs out the same time as Dak Prescott. That then, how can you find out anything? What he's gonna be?
Speaker 6: Practice?
Speaker 3: Not a game, not a game.
Speaker 6: Not a game.
Speaker 4: How many waffles, Chris? How many waffles do you think you could.
Speaker 3: You could put down in twenty four hours?
Speaker 6: Twenty four hours? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean the waffle waffles there are huge. I mean they're not small. I tried to eat a stack of like pancakes one night.
Speaker 6: So how many do you think pancakes?
Speaker 3: I could probably five maybe in twenty.
Speaker 6: Twenty four hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your sun could eat five and twenty.
Speaker 6: Your son could do five, and you could do six.
Speaker 15: You could do five and eight hours, probably you could do You could do at least two for breakfast. Ten, you could do six. You could do there for fifteen hours, two for breakfast, two for two for dinner. That wouldn't be a problem. That would just be like a normal three meals, so then you got another what's the math if you're there or no, if you're.
Speaker 3: There for eight hours, you got twenty four hours. It's fun.
Speaker 1: It's fun because you say eight to eight, So let's just say twelve hours.
Speaker 3: You got another twelve hours. So yeah, you should be able to do You should be able to do twelve See.
Speaker 8: The waffle house challenge is known for Fantasy Football League losers. Yeah, you know Kyle Kyle is really bad with bets, He really is.
Speaker 3: He had run a marathon for cd LAMB right, actually he wanted them to get him.
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly, And so is he bad at bets or is he good at that?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 8: Then he lost his fantasy football league last year and had to take the SAT over again. And they tell all his buddies tailgated at the school. Right, they're tailgating in the morning. You could just go take He had to wear.
Speaker 3: A suit and to do it.
Speaker 1: Wow, you can just go take the SAT, like sign up for Yeah, you just sign up for.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we had the ages.
Speaker 3: He want some money, Yeah, yeah, they want your money. How did y'all score? Did y'all did y'all have to take SAT or a.
Speaker 5: C you did.
Speaker 3: I did both.
Speaker 6: I did act. I mean S A S A T.
Speaker 3: How was y'all scores?
Speaker 8: Good?
Speaker 5: Bad?
Speaker 6: I did just enough? Me too.
Speaker 4: I needed an eight twenty two point five GPA. Let's go to forty one.
Speaker 3: I take it.
Speaker 6: I'm done. I maan.
Speaker 4: The only university that told me no was no to Dame. They were like, yeah, no, we're good. You won't meet our academic criteria at every other university said if you got a two point five GPA and you scored an eight twenty on the SAT, you could be accepted in. Really, I scored an eight forty. They were like, you wanna take it again?
Speaker 6: I said, are y'all done?
Speaker 3: I mean right, That's what this is.
Speaker 4: This is a girl named Marie Alberg who was like our senior class was valedictorian. She cussed me out in the gym in the lunch room so bad because we were all getting our results back the same day, and so everyone's like opening up their results and you know, all this kind of stuff and we're disgusting them all this kind of stuff.
Speaker 6: And I get an eight forty, right, I'm like, like, I'm super happy.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you go everywhere, but no day an, I'm like, you name Miami, you can go there now, though I probably I'm like Michigan. And she is like, you know what, I'm so sick and tired of you athlete. And I mean, she went on me. She was like, I've taken the SAT three times. I've done SAT preps. And she got like, I think she had like a twelve seventy or something like that. She was like, I cram and da da da da da da, and you get to have this bullsh score and you get the picked in. And I was just like, well, Marie, you should probably shoot a basketball or catch a football something like that. And she was like so irate at me, and I was just like, I don't know what to tell you. That's what they said I needed. I got the eight, I got the eight forty.
Speaker 6: I'm good to go.
Speaker 3: All right, Kurt, before we get out of here, give me a name.
Speaker 6: Shout out to Marie. Shot your name.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 7: They are going to trade down and pick up that Jackson in the center JPJ.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever which is It's bad.
Speaker 7: I can't even know that Jackson power Jar Johnson from Oregon.
Speaker 3: So you think he's gonna slide past Oh he'll be down in that right down there right now?
Speaker 6: Okay, Jesse, Uh, I think they go with the guy from Duke Graham Barbay that coming out here.
Speaker 3: I don't even know you can say that word. Geez.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, I guess Carolina guy is gonna get drafted.
Speaker 6: Oh you think so?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: Maybe in the top maybe in the top three?
Speaker 6: Top quarterback? You quarterbacks?
Speaker 11: Baby?
Speaker 3: Is he good?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He is he worth?
Speaker 15: Like?
Speaker 3: Is he gonna?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Is he better than fifty to fifty?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: On hitting? You think?
Speaker 6: Yes? Okay, all about it.
Speaker 4: But again, well these quarterbacks, it's all about what are you putting around them?
Speaker 3: Right? He's not gonna go to Washington because they're second tier.
Speaker 6: They're North Carolina quarterback.
Speaker 7: The top since over the decade of the teens, the twenty eleven twenty fourteen quarterbacks are taken in.
Speaker 5: The top five. Five are considered franchise quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: Now, wow, so that their homes Josh Allen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think they had Conler Murray. There's just quartering one over. They can consider Coller Murray. It was based on years and second contracts and stuff.
Speaker 1: So thirty hit as a as a franchise guy twenty five?
Speaker 6: Is that Joe Burrow there? Yeah, Burrow, Joe Burrow, Island Mahomes Murray Herbert.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, very good.
Speaker 1: And it's fifty to fifty whether they're even a starting quarterback.
Speaker 4: Really, you know, we got one. Don't want to pail. Gotta see more leaves, gonna see more leaves fall.
Speaker 1: Man that we get we should we get a show that following und Chris, give me an before we get out of here.
Speaker 3: It's uppned to be Barton.
Speaker 8: If I was to guess, Okay, if he's not there, we'll probably trade down, and I wouldn't. There's a center out of what's Virginia Zach Frasier, who's really good. I mean he was like a four time West Virginia wrestling champion.
Speaker 3: That's what you want as a sinner. It's my nasty yeah, like balance and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: But does he have the intelligence of yes, yes, he's good?
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 3: Well today is tonight is the most exciting day of the year for something. I think just Graham Barton.
Speaker 4: I think we gracefully best our way through this entire thing today.
Speaker 8: And you could have went to ten because I don't have a show after you guys that we're good.
Speaker 3: I know you're good.
Speaker 6: We're good.
Speaker 4: Like today's one of the days that we're all time, Chris, we're like two minutes over.
Speaker 7: We can talk about all we're talking about Zeke talking about that's a Zeke's agent and Cowboys met yesterday.
Speaker 1: Apparently the cowboards say, how would you feel about him coming back?
Speaker 3: What A yeah, exactly our fans. I mean, you're paying him how much dead money? And then you would have to pay him another.
Speaker 4: Two a year maybe three, So but then it would I.
Speaker 1: Was talking to Nick Eaton last night on the phone. I was like, but he was like, but then it's not dead money anymore. He's actually on the team.
Speaker 3: So you're actually getting something out of it. So like you should probably.
Speaker 4: Be paying not million dollars to a guy who you'll give minimal snaps to ya.
Speaker 3: I mean, but they're like, who's your starting guy right now? Rico?
Speaker 5: Your starter probably on paper?
Speaker 3: Yeah, unless you draft a guy, right.
Speaker 7: Would you take that Texas guy in the second round off a c O?
Speaker 4: You know what, I'm biased. I'm biased not that I have a Texas ties, but my really good friend and brother was his running back coach, it's a choice. He's the dude, and and he says, he's the dude.
Speaker 5: You don't want injury guy.
Speaker 8: But don't you don't dumb coaches like their guys of course, just saying like.
Speaker 4: But but but but but to his to his like, this wasn't like a Twitter conversation. This was like he and I talking, right, you know what I'm saying, Like he was like, hey, when he hit towards a c L, he was telling him, He's like, he was the one that suggested he go to see doctor Cooper to get it, you know, get it done. So Cooper is.
Speaker 8: The man now that the other guy in Alabama retired, doctor Andrews. Doctor Andrews retired. So now everybody's going to Cooper pretty much.
Speaker 1: So how much does that play because you you say, to sharp choice, he's got a relationship here in the building. You know, how much does that play into Jerry being able to pick up the phone and go, look to be honest with me and.
Speaker 3: Tell me about this guy. And then plus the team doctors operated on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got to get equity, right, It's got to be when you just you have that kind of inside information that's got to raise their value a little bit when.
Speaker 4: You but I'm always I'm always scared of guys like you got to have another year past that injury.
Speaker 6: They're kind of really we've Ogeres around and kind of responded and.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, what round did we say he would go here?
Speaker 5: Second? Hmm?
Speaker 3: And he's he's an injured in college.
Speaker 8: His thing is, Here's the thing is, I don't know if he's going to be there when we pick in the second round, So someone's gonna take him ahead of us.
Speaker 4: So yeah, but does that team take him ahead of us have an actual starting running back on their roster?
Speaker 6: Probably right?
Speaker 4: Like that's the thing, Like, if it's the team that has a reliable back already there.
Speaker 6: Then you have the time to go.
Speaker 4: You know what, we can bring this kid along and don't have to rush him into a starting rule. I think if he comes here, you're looking for him to kind of be really impactful kind of right away. And I don't think he'll be ready until training camp, right at least full go until training camp.
Speaker 8: He heard it in November against TCU, So I don't.
Speaker 6: Know, just will give you nine months? Yeah, I don't know your count. I was like yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean, just look at Pollard last year coming off his injury. Would you say he was the same I don't.
Speaker 4: Maybe he did try until the end of the year, but remember he tore his a c No, he broke his leg broke and.
Speaker 5: Uh he had ligament damage in his ankle as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he did that in January. Right, So yeah, playoffs? All right, fellas, let's get out of here. Good show.
Speaker 5: Where are you watching?
Speaker 3: It's not just home, I will be, we'll be, we're doing We're doing a little doing a little show. I'll tell you off the air. I don't want to get I don't want to get trouble. Okay, So it's on an X ray cross, it's on the X rated site.
Speaker 6: No it ain't.
Speaker 7: No, it's not only fans.
Speaker 3: You had account like that, Jesse.
Speaker 6: Will be only fans. Yeah, here you go.
Speaker 3: What do you call it?
Speaker 6: My page? Hollywood?
Speaker 11: There we go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll be doing a little deal for that for about about the first hour.
Speaker 4: I mean, if y'all want to just go and check that, it's Hollywood the knee, y'all just happy to y'all just happen to.
Speaker 15: Chris.
Speaker 3: What time are we projected to pick at twenty four. Corey haven't sent me the list yet, but I would.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's probably like nine if if we trade out of that, you can see the plaza pretty quickly, especially if it's.
Speaker 5: A line or.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So nothing sexy about the fat Boys.
Speaker 1: No, Well, Kirk, good seeing you, Jesse, good stuff, Chris. Thanks for keeping us on the air. What's my Man's name?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Strikes for keeping us up on all the social channels. Nate, get better. We need you back on the show.
Speaker 6: What's up Jazz?
Speaker 3: What's up Jazz? Thanks for keeping Chris company.
Speaker 1: We will be back oh next Thursday, same time, same place, talking draft, follow up on Hanging.
Speaker 3: With the Boys.
Speaker 6: We are sorry.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.