Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it's Lyle.
Speaker 2: Before we get into the episode, I wanted to talk to you guys about a new thing I'm doing where you can help support my lizard endeavors by becoming a Premium member of this podcast over at Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. Premium members, or gek Legends, as I call them, we'll be able to get every new and existing episode of Therapy Gecko completely ad free. They'll also get a bonus podcast episode once a month, a bonus live show episode once a month from all of the live shows I've been doing around the world, a member's only live stream once a month. Plus you'll also support my ability to continue, hopefully doing this podcast for a long time, doing it around the world, and also supporting my ability to occasionally go eat a slice of pizza. Go to Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com or find the link in the episode description to become a gek legend today.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get into the episode.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hi, Hi, how are you. I'm really good?
Speaker 2: How are you, Lyle? I'm doing better now that I am awake and alert.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that made any fucking sense, but what are you.
Speaker 3: Doing it's us. I'm putting together an Ikea table. I'm hanging out with my cat. He's turning nineteen in a few weeks.
Speaker 2: You guys turning nineteen? How old do cats live too? That's a depressing question that asked.
Speaker 1: But I'm curious, So.
Speaker 3: I adopted him when he was seventeen. I read that they become senior when they're twelve. The average, like expected, I guess, like lifespan is fifteen. But he's just chugging along.
Speaker 2: M okay, what what you all right? Say?
Speaker 1: You got a cat that's old?
Speaker 2: Well, have you have you had the cat for nineteen years or did you like find him when he was fifteen or so?
Speaker 3: No? No, so I only adopted him about a year ago. My aunt was fostering him her one of her best friends runs like a foster you know, organization for cats. Yeah, and this family abandoned the cat. He gave like a bunch of weird reasons, but including like, oh well, it's like our daughter's cat and she got into drugs or something. And then they also said that their other cat had just died and they didn't want to go through it again. But then I was reading his vet records and they were like super rich and like taking him for like cat acupuncture and chiropractic adjustments and feeding him this like raw organic turkey stuff. I don't know, it was. The whole situation was pretty weird, but overall, they just abandoned him. And then I met him because my aunt was fostering him, and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: So they so they so they I Here's what I'm curious about is they gave the cat up for adoption to a foster cat place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so, oh, okay, that's not I wouldn't and I don't.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's not a bad When you say a band in the cat, I thought like they put him in the dumpsters.
Speaker 3: But like if you're like, I agree, yeah, that that I agree that makes sense. But also there's like there's so many animals that need homes. It's like, you can't take care of your own cat for like a couple more years.
Speaker 2: But I don't know I would, well can I And I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about dogs.
Speaker 2: But it wouldn't it if the family knows that they can't take good care of the cat, wouldn't it be better for them to give up the cat to somebody who can do it competently.
Speaker 3: Yes, but the family was rich and they just didn't want to watch the cat pass away.
Speaker 2: Ooh, oh you know what that's made it. That is kind of that makes a lot of sense to Yeah, they they getting all the good parts in and then when it's time for the cat to die, they're like, let somebody else do the sad stuff.
Speaker 3: Right wait here he is, he's going to say, hello, give him me out, Sammy's he's sniffing my phone. You'll hear him me out in a minute. But yeah, so he's he's a little sick right now. But he's like, my love and joy. He looks like a four year old cat. And I'm only twenty two, so he's like, we're only four years apart because I'm about to turn twenty three. And so he came to college with me, and so he was like a little celebrity. We were calling him freshman boy living with the senior girl.
Speaker 2: That's kind of funny that, you guys, I didn't I didn't even realize that. Yeah, you guys are pretty close in age. I'm sure you have a lot of Yeah, you know, if he weren't a cat you'd probably have a.
Speaker 1: Lot in common.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, it'd be a little kenchy, he'd be like a little barely legal, but it'd be fine.
Speaker 2: So okay, so they pawned. They pawn the depressing stuff off to youkud look and look, you know, say what you will about it.
Speaker 1: But that, I mean, that's kind of a smart move on their part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess so, because the only because the main I mean that the main con of having uh, you know, an adorable animal friend is that it will inevitably die a slow, painful death, leaving you with tears and grief.
Speaker 1: People, what if people did.
Speaker 2: That with their family members. I guess they kind of do, Like, yeah, that's what's hospices.
Speaker 3: I guess I think this is like a more humane thing. I feel like it's like nursing homes where it's like like and I worked as an EMT for a while, and like there's so many and I mean, like, of course, a lot of people are in situations where they have to like give their family members, like to a home, but like, you know, like there's a lot of people who will like keep their elderly family members alive for a very long time, who could easily just like go into hospice and like pass like a dignified, peaceful death, but instead they want to keep like ninety year old Papa on like e ventilator and dialysis.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait a mate, here's okay, now you're here's the thing. You're flipping on me here because you're you were anti the rich people taking care of the cat and they didn't. You were you were anti the rich people take taken giving the cat away, but you're like with the person, you should give them away to the hospice and not take care of them. So you have opposing viewpoints for how to you know, properly deal with an old cat versus an old guy.
Speaker 3: See, I feel like I don't think my points are completely opposing, because what I'd say is, like I mean, with this cat, like I'm taking care of him, but like I'm not gonna put him through like hell with medical treatments and everything and like chemo and shit, Like I never do that to him, right, Like I just let him like ride it out and everything. But like since I care about him, like I'm gonna I'm gonna watch him get sick and I'm gonna watch be there for him and take care of him because he's my loved one and everything. But like you know and like, but like for a human like, I think that like you should, you should take care of your loved ones and everything, and you should let them like pass like a dignified, peaceful death. But there's people who like will pawn them off but still make their family members go through a bunch of shit. But I guess it's different. I guess they're different things. I think I did go on a tangent with the old people's stuff.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I took those the rich people who gave you the cat to watch stuff, to watch suffer. They would call you a sucker, but I don't think that's true. I think there is dignity in watching a cat die that somebody else raised. Here's what I was thinking. Here's what I was thinking is have you ever seen Have you ever seen Garfield to a Tale of Two Kiddies?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Should I?
Speaker 2: Well, I, I, well, I haven't either, but I've seen the poster for it, and the poster seems to imply I think the plot of that movie is I think the plot of that movie is similar. Again, haven't seen it, but I think it's similar to your exact situation because it's about like a rich, aristocratic, aristocat cat who like trades places with Garfield, who's like, you know, I guess a a sort of middle lives a middle class existence, and the and the rich cat now has to deal with, you know, eating tu an ad of a can where he was, you know, before, prepared these elegant meals and whatnot. And this kind of remind this reminds me a little bit of like the rich This was like a rich, pampered cat and now he's like living in a college dorm, you know, eating ramen with the rest of us.
Speaker 3: I kept him, I did keep him on his bougie food. I spoiled you cat.
Speaker 2: Oh you did? What? How do you what kind of bogie food does he eat? What do you kind of Jenny's?
Speaker 3: It cost me twenty a week. It's fine. It's like really not the end of the world. And it's got it's made. I literally am looking at my friend right now. It's raw organic turkey with like alfalfa sprouts and papayas and almond meal and stuff. And I also the old family also like had kept him only in one bedroom because they would also sedate him because he like baby clawed him right, so they called his claw out with ethical right. I went through his whole of that record, and they would sedate him in the morning because he nibbles on your face to wake you up, and they didn't like that. But I get this, count all toys. He has the run of the house. Who's a college celebrity. He had an eighteenth birthday party. We had a little eighteenth birthday rager. And yeah, I still give him his organic food. So Sandy is living it up.
Speaker 2: I have a question. You said it's unethical to declaw a cat. Do you think and a genuine question, do you think it's unethical to neuter a dog?
Speaker 3: Do I think it's unethical to neuter a dog? I haven't even, like, I guess mentally gone down that rabbit hole, but I don't. Maybe it's not a rabbit hole. I guess it's like an important thing.
Speaker 1: A dog hole.
Speaker 3: More so, Yeah, I feel like it's not because there's so many like dogs who like, like the whole purpose of like neutering dogs is so that like they don't continue to like reproduce because there's so many already like stray dogs, Whereas like neutering a cat is like I mean, not neutering. Declawing a cat is like taking off like our fingernails.
Speaker 2: Like I'm I feel like this whole call, I've been arguing with you.
Speaker 1: I don't mean to do that.
Speaker 3: No, that's okay. I love this.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, okay, God, I'm glad you enjoy this, because Kyle, I love you.
Speaker 3: I'm just thrilled to be talking to you.
Speaker 2: I'm thrilled to be talking to you too. I hope you don't think I'm being combative, but I'm all. I am very curious because here's the thing. And I know you say it's because you say it's unethical to declaw cat, but it's fine to neuter a dog. If somebody, if I had the choice between getting my fingernails clipped off or my penis cut off, I would choose the fingernails.
Speaker 3: But it's not that there. Here's the thing, though, it's not your penis cut off. It's like getting what's it called, what's a vasectomy? It's a aseectomy, and like a visectomy is like not that bad, right, Like you can get that shit reversed. I don't know if dogs can get it reversed. But apparently like you just need like a bag of frozen teas on your ball for like the rest.
Speaker 5: Of the day, where you can wait?
Speaker 2: You can? Can you? Can you reverse neuter a dog? I'm gonna google that. I'm probably gonna be put on some kind of fucking weird list of weird dog Can you de neuter?
Speaker 1: How do you spell neuter a dog?
Speaker 3: Gu r T E R? I don't know, No, it would be r t e R.
Speaker 6: Just be t e R.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm seeing Okay, can you can you de neuter a dog? Can you un neuter a dog? Male dogs cannot be unnutered. Neutering involves removing the reproductive organs entirely, and it is irreverse however, so yeah, so it's irreverse however of a sectomy. Of a sectomy leaves the testes and text, so the body still has normal Yeah, apparently they they they by the way, don't I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be hard on yourself for not knowing that much about neutering a dog, because it would be it would be strange if you knew a lot about neutering dogs. So unless I was, unless you were a vet like a human now. Now, now, here's what the clause. Can the claws grow back?
Speaker 3: No, No, they're permanently removed.
Speaker 2: It's not like fingernails. They can't just move but grow back.
Speaker 3: No, it's like they pulled them off, like like I personally imagine it, like they pulled them out like with clyires, like in the you know, like the scary movies where they're torturing people like they and at least cats apparently with like long term psychological issues. Here we go, so like if your cat goes stray, like they can't defend themselves, they're just kind of screwed. But it's it's literally only so they don't scratch up your furniture.
Speaker 2: The Humane Society says Decloine can cause paw pain, back pain, infection, and lameness. That's weird. That just says lameness. Removing clause improperly removed claw Apparently improperly removed clause can regrow.
Speaker 5: Interesting.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means. I don't know if that what that means exactly.
Speaker 3: Though, but maybe they didn't like take the whole thing out.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, either way, you know, I'm glad. I'm glad as human beings. That you know, we don't have to worry about getting new it or.
Speaker 3: Declaud Yeah, at least not day age.
Speaker 1: At least not in this day and age.
Speaker 2: And you know, in a fucking we we're we're That's a that's a privilege we have as people in America, is that we don't have to get you know, declaude our.
Speaker 3: God given right as Americans.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see, we talked for about fifteen minutes about your cat. I want to before we go, is there anything else that you wanted to talk about? I know that we kind of just talked about. I wasn't expecting to talk to you about, uh, dog neutering, but you know, I'm glad we did. Is there anything else that you wanted to kind of talk about? I wanted to give you the opportunity for that if something was floating around in your brain.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you. I don't have anything particularly like like weigh on me right now that I need to talk about. I figured out if you have any questions for like an EMTIERR ski patroller, I can answer.
Speaker 5: Those if you ever have.
Speaker 2: You're you're a ski patroller. Yeah, have you seen a lot of like fucked up things?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Not too much. I've seen more fucked up things as an EMT, not as much as a ski patroller, but I have. I've been doing this is actually I just finished my seventh year. I just volunteer. I do twenty Yoah wait.
Speaker 1: You finished it? How old can I ask you? Can I ask you how old you are?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That's fine.
Speaker 3: I'm turning twenty three in May. But I started when I was sixteen. You can actually start when you're fifteen as a ski patroller, but you're not allowed to have patience on your own till you're sixteen.
Speaker 2: Dude, you're telling me I could be fuck you're telling me I could get fucking decapitated and they would send a sixteen year old.
Speaker 3: I swear to god. I had a guy. I had literally I was literally like seventeen, and I had a sixteen year old who is like unconsciousness of the head injury, and like it's like, y'all trust me with this stuff.
Speaker 1: Holy shit.
Speaker 3: The protocols for like ems aren't like too hard, you know, like to become an EMT. It's like really like it's like a three month full time class.
Speaker 2: So wait, so there was so there was a sixteen year old kid with like head trauma and you were seventeen and they sent you Yes, holy shit, So did they just send you like you are alone?
Speaker 3: I was the first one there and then I called, you know, I mean, so what the way it goes at my mountain all least is they send one person to check and see like what we need and to like keep the person stable or do CPR whatever you need at that moment, and then they call on the radio for some more people or just one other. You most calls you only need two people because you need two people on the sled most of the time. But I of course called for way more people.
Speaker 2: Dude, if I were sixteen and they sent me to like if I were if I were sixteen and they sent me to like talk to like a kid who had head trauma, I would be like, we need an adult.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. It was. It was really interesting, but it was I think the cop like being trusted with that and like training for that at such a young age like instilled me with a lot of confidence that I've like carried on to have today. And it's one of the best things I've ever done for myself. I love it. There's people who like started doing it when they were like sixteen eighteen. We have one guy on our team who's like eighty five, and he's like not seeing anymore, but he's still like helping run the clinic. It's insane. People just do it forever.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's weird being trusted with that at a young age.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be I would be.
Speaker 2: I'd probably have a fucking heart attack and they'd have to send three other folks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Somebody in the chad.
Speaker 2: Said, would you rather the seventeen year old comedy the eighty five year old? I'd probably rather the eighty five year old.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It depends on which eighty five year old. Like, we have some of these guys on our team who are older, like I would trust with like delivering my child, and they are not even like doctors or anything. I would just let them because I'm like, I trust you. It just depends on the person. I guess, yes. But like here's the thing, like there's a medical care and then they're getting down the mountain in this led which quad do you trust more?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I guess that's if if we're talking about like physically needing to trans for transfer you down a place or up a place. You know that that would make sense. Now, why tell me why has it been such a great experience for you? It's like I guess you said it gave you. It gave you the confidence to like deal with crazy shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, and I've met some amazing people. It helped me. It helps me a lot through nursing school having that background, and I just accepted my first nursing job. I'm gonna be in a pediatric ic you, and I'm kind of like, like, you know, just I'm kind of like, all right, well, if I could do that as a sixteen year old, I could figure anything else out.
Speaker 2: You know, You're gonna be in a pediatric ice you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Are you residency though?
Speaker 2: Are you? I?
Speaker 1: I I hmmm? Are you do you?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna see some like really kind of fucked up shit?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean like you are. I kind of like just already kind of have in my career and like my perspective on it is like, are like, like fucked up shit happens regardless of all the time. I can't watch one orders for you. That shit makes me cry, But like being able to help in those moments, like just it doesn't bother me as much because I'm able to be in control of the situation and do something about it.
Speaker 4: Mmm.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: I so so so you can't watch law and Orders for you because it's like even though it's fake, you're like, oh, I'm just a passive observer of these these horrors, but at least you know in the ICU, You're like, oh, this is really fucked up, but I can do something about it, exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I can't stand and watch a code. I have to be doing something or like tears will fall down my face like it's already happened, Like I can't. When I was a nursing student, like and I had to watch a code once, I was like I can't watch this, Like I started crying. But like if I've run codes by myself, you know, since I was eighteen, and like it's been fine.
Speaker 2: You know what is what is code?
Speaker 3: A code on the ambulance, it usually means like CPR in progress because I did ski patrol an ambulance while I was in nursing school. But in the hospital it could be like a stroke code. It could be you know, just like it depends kind of like where you are, Like what terminology. It could be that someone's like bleeding out and about to you know, like go into cardiac arrest, but code usually means cardiac arrest in my experience so far at least.
Speaker 2: Hmm. Okay, well, you know I like this perspective because, yeah, you're very brave to do that, because, like you know, I mean, it's true, fucked up shit happens. And I've all I've always thought about, like, you know, the people who like show up at the scenes of like, you know, crazy crazy things, and like how that must affect them.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: But the way that you the way that you talk about it, where you're like, I'm not as scared of it because I know what to do and I can actually like go in and help as opposed to just being a like like you were talking about, kind of a passive observer of of of these uh these codes.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: I'm glad.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that folks like you exist so that, you know, when I get a paper cut someone someone's brave enough to help me out and not you know, too grossed out.
Speaker 3: Thank you man. Yeah, I don't know. It's also just exciting. I mean, like a lot of people who do it, just enjoy it a lot. It's interesting, it's fun. A lot of people like the pride that comes out of it, and I do too. But yeah, it's nice being able to do something you just have to study outside of work a lot and lean on your training.
Speaker 2: Well, this was a pleasure talking to you about dog penises and being an EMT. What is your what is your name.
Speaker 3: Against It's Michaela my real name today.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was going you could have given me a fake now. I mean, if you don't want to use your name, I can, I can cut it out.
Speaker 1: But I mean, also, there's no one.
Speaker 3: Heard this the combination of the nineteen year old cat and the ski patroller and nursing. They'd be like, oh, that's Michaela. So it's fine. I'm coming to your show in New York.
Speaker 2: So I'll see, that'll be That'll be awesome, great, great, great, I'm excited. See. Okay, So I'm gonna I'm gonna say this and I'm going to try to hold myself to it.
Speaker 1: Uh and I funk.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I talked about this in a podcast, storry, but whatever. People. As I've been on the tour, people have been coming up to me and being like, oh, we talked on the phone before. Do you remember me? And actually half the time I do. Like I met I met the girl who drank somebody's blood. I met the guy whose sister was addicted to VR video games. I met this dude who he and I both licked an Xbox controller over the phone together. Like I've been, I've been meeting folks and half the time I don't remember, but half the time I do. So if you if you're like, hey, we talked about neutering dogs and being an EMT, I am pretty sure I'll remember. So if jog say that this was you, I won't remember your name, but I will remember what we talked about.
Speaker 3: That is totally fine. I am thrilled. I'm excited. Thank you so much for giving me the time and everything.
Speaker 2: And I'm oh, thank you mana, thank you for saving all the skeeech all the children. Thank you for saving the mountain children are our future.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: You Bye bye.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 2: I wanna I would love a Save the Mountain Children T shirt?
Speaker 1: How do I get one of those?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: Adrian, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 4: I'm good?
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm doing all right. What's uh? What's what's your life like?
Speaker 4: Is this the geg?
Speaker 1: This is the GEK?
Speaker 4: That's so crazy?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: My life's fine right now. It's been a lot of ups and downs. I'm a little neighvous.
Speaker 1: That's okay.
Speaker 2: What tell me about the ups and downs if you want to?
Speaker 4: Okay, I might get emotional. I okay, I got broken up with like on Monday.
Speaker 2: Oh really?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What's what was the cause of this breakup?
Speaker 4: I honestly don't know. She just said, uh, I don't think we should be together, and I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm m.
Speaker 1: Okay. How long were you dating her?
Speaker 2: For?
Speaker 4: Like five months?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well you said there were ups. What were the ups?
Speaker 4: So, like, right before that, I had gone to a breakup and well I hadn't met her, so that was the up.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 4: You're not. I've just been trying to grow more responsibly as an adult.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel that. I think I think we're all kind of trying to do that. How are you? How old are you?
Speaker 1: If you don't want me.
Speaker 4: Asking, I'm twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So you said you're trying to grow more responsibly as an adult as an adult? What and what way are you trying to do that?
Speaker 4: I guess just not victimize myself and not rely on anybody for anything, and uh, show up to work when I need to. That's it.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Well why do you feel like you're you're not showing up to work when you need to?
Speaker 4: Because I don't because I don't have a car right now. So I like I was showing up like an hour late to work like every day for like a few months, and uh now I'm just taking the bus mm hmmm. And I guess around time, Okay, what do you do? I kind of do like, ah, like would work?
Speaker 3: You do?
Speaker 2: Would work?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: What kind of wood are we talking about?
Speaker 4: It's like all kinds of was we just make? Like luxury doors.
Speaker 1: You make? You make?
Speaker 2: Who's out here buying luxury doors?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I don't know people in San Francisco a lot, but it's like from everywhere, all customers crazy. They're expensive.
Speaker 2: Is that something you would ever buy a luxury door? I feel like if I have, if I have the extra money to apply luxury to an item in my life, I would pick something other than a door.
Speaker 4: They're pretty cool doors they open like accordions. It's it's kind of nice.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what are the what are the ups aside from just meeting her?
Speaker 4: Besides meeting her? Well, I got over my my ex before that, and that I didn't think I'll ever do.
Speaker 2: That was was it was, was meeting her kind of like a big catalyst for getting over your X beforehand.
Speaker 4: Yeah, honestly, I didn't really notice how much it was until honestly, kind of resa, so she broke up?
Speaker 2: Why did Why did you feel like you would never get over your ex?
Speaker 4: Because I don't know. I think I loved her a lot. It was probably just like the most serious relationship I've ever been in.
Speaker 2: M hm.
Speaker 4: We just spent like almost every day together.
Speaker 1: Why did you guys break up?
Speaker 4: Oh? So I chew, dude, I chew you.
Speaker 2: That mm hmm m hmm. What what was it that made you cheat? Or you know, what was kind of going through your mind? Uh when you were doing that?
Speaker 4: Oh all right, it's like a long story. So like, I don't know, I was just like honestly a piece of shit at first, Like I just didn't care at all about like about the relationship, and then I don't know, so like I had cheated on her at some point and then I told her, and then we broke up. We took a break, and in that break, she she met some other people and hooked up. I guess. So we got back together, and uh, like we like we hooked up the day we got back together, and then the next day.
Speaker 8: She told me she hooked up with other people, and so we had like a big fight, but we got back together, and so like I was just mad for like like a solid.
Speaker 4: A year and a half about it. Like I don't know, I guess I just wanted to cheat on his back.
Speaker 2: And so wait, So so you cheated on her first, or she you guys took a break. Okay, all right, So you cheated on her first, and then you guys took a break, and then she hooked up with other people during the break and that made you upset, and so you wanted to kind of hook up with other people again. Yeah, basically okay.
Speaker 1: So and how long ago was all this?
Speaker 4: Oh man? It was like the beginning of last year.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: And in your like lamenting you said, you said that this was kind of a thing you thought you would never get over. And in the in the dwelling of it. Ah, you know, what were you Did you come to any like realizations, Did you come to any thoughts or feelings in a in a in a retrospective about that situation?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, definitely. Well I just feel like I should have Well, I was just thinking wrong the whole time, the beginning part of the relationship, and I just wish I knew the things I know now basically.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm mm hmm. What tell me what you know now?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I guess if someone's putting that much time, then they really do love you, And I don't think they want to ruin that on purpose m hm hm, just to show more affection and care because I was really I was kind of mean all the main boyfriend.
Speaker 2: I think, Hm, why why do you feel like you were mean?
Speaker 4: Well? I have like this thing. I don't know. I just don't like to be touched a lot, and like I want to let my ex touch me a lot, like when we cuddle, Like hell yeah, you know, like I don't I would be smoking she started touching Me'd be like I want to be touched right now. M h stuff like that, like the little things you know, next saying like you were should like up.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right?
Speaker 2: So this ended and then you kind of had this realization that I don't know, you had like a kind of re organization of your character. And then you decided how long ago did you How long was it between the end of that one and the beginning of a new one, the one that you the real you just broke up with?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: So we and my first X we stopped talking in September before her birthday because I had asked her because like we're still talking for like months after we broke up, like probably like nine months I think, and then we're just talking like I I've probably seen her like like a big handful of times. And then towards the end, like we weren't really seeing each other at all, but just texting like every day. Yeah, and then at the end, like she was literally texting me that much. And asked her if she still wanted to keep talking to me or she wanted to keep trying to fix this, and she just told me that she had hooked up with people, and.
Speaker 3: I just.
Speaker 4: I just stopped completely replying to everything.
Speaker 2: Wait, so she so she told you she was hooking up?
Speaker 1: So was she cheating on you?
Speaker 4: Well, we weren't really together.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so you were taught you were You said you were with this most recent girl for five months though, so you weren't really together with her.
Speaker 4: But I'm confused the story.
Speaker 2: I'm a little confused too. Uh maybe I wasn't listening hard enough, but hm hmmm mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: All right, So me and my first girlfriend we broke up and we're talking for like a solid ninety months, and then she told me that she hooked other people, and so I just pretty much ghosted her after that, and uh I pretty much met my new girlfriend like a few days later.
Speaker 2: Yeah see yeah, yeah, So so after you kind of had this like so, you know, you had this uh relationship with this uh first girl that you don't look back on too fondly. But then instead of like taking at least a little bit of time to process that, you went straight into a new relationship.
Speaker 4: Yeah I did.
Speaker 2: Why do you well, why do you feel like you did that?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Well, because I was like lonely for those yeah yeah, and well I just wasn't hanging out with anybody for thoseess, I was just talking to my ex and.
Speaker 1: I really want to do you do you have friends?
Speaker 4: No, honestly, like I do, but like I see my friends rarely.
Speaker 2: Mm hm hm hm.
Speaker 6: M hmmm.
Speaker 2: Well look, I mean I have a few thoughts, you know. I mean, you know, look, man, I feel like you might benefit from a little bit of time just to yourself too, like, uh, you know, work on yourself and work on uh this loneliness because I found that, like, you know, if you if you're unhappy and lonely when you don't have a relationship, a relationship is not really gonna fix that. You know, those are kind of like, at least in my experience, you know, I've had lots of times like that where I was, I was really lonely, and you know, sort of felt like a relationship was the thing that was gonna, you know, make make my.
Speaker 1: Life so much better.
Speaker 2: And I think the pursuit of that and the obsession over that, you know, it didn't do me any favors. And I feel like if if you were to redirect the the energy that you're spending really you know, trying so hard to not be alone, to like go into your own brain and figure out why you're doing whatever it is you're doing, and uh, you know, figure out more about you as a person alone attached to anyone, you know, and however long that takes man, whether it's you know, uh one year or five years or whatever. You know, I think I think you'll come back, uh, you know, a different person, a little bit better equipped to to be in a relationship and you know, uh not kind of be in this relationship because it's because it's it's it's externally satisfying. You're trying to satisfy some internal desire with something external. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes.
Speaker 4: Sense, it does. I've been thinking about that a lot.
Speaker 2: Later, Okay, so you can think what tell me what you tell me? What conclusion you've come to about that?
Speaker 4: About about what exactly?
Speaker 2: Sorry, well you said you've been thinking about it a lot. What do you What conclusions have you come to or thoughts have you been having?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I just want to find out kind of who I am. Again, I haven't been single for like five years maybe or more.
Speaker 2: You haven't been single for five years?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I guess I don't even remember the stuff I could do. I like to the guitar a lot.
Speaker 1: M hm, what's your name again?
Speaker 4: Adrian?
Speaker 2: Adrian? Well, Adrian, listen, fucking take care of yourself, man, do if you haven't been single for five years, I feel like you have uh uh some some interest, some an interesting opportunity to dive into your own brain and maybe you'll emerge a little bit better.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer.
Speaker 2: Before we go?
Speaker 4: Uh? I love each other.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for calling Adrian?
Speaker 4: All right? Thanks le bye?
Speaker 2: Take care man, take care.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 5: This is Ty. How are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing good, Tai?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: Man? How you doing?
Speaker 5: You know what's going? This is actually the first time I've gotten on here, and I've been calling for a while and listening for a better part of a here.
Speaker 2: Oh really, well, thanks man, I appreciate that here we are here, we are Yeah, man, Ty, I like that name. That's a cool name. How do you spell it? Uh?
Speaker 5: T a I the Chinese way? But my parents are very white and so am I?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Tie?
Speaker 2: I mean is there? I'll start with this. It's okay. If not. Is there anything in particular that you called in to want to talk about today?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: Not really, man, I just wanted to get in a chat with you and just talk about whatever. I don't know if there's a specific prompt this time around. But you know, I was actually the one who commented about Sonic Heroes in the chat earlier.
Speaker 2: Oh you commented about Yes, somebody commented have I ever played Sonic Heroes? And I replied by saying that I have. It's a great game. Have you played it?
Speaker 5: You know? I did growing up on the old school Xbox that played a lot of that, in the old Star Wars nice, the Old Republic game. I don't know if you ever dabbled.
Speaker 2: I'm familiar with it, but I've never really dabbled in it.
Speaker 5: Pretty good.
Speaker 2: I remember when I so Sonic Heroes is about, Uh, it's you play as teams of three of the Sonic characters, and each each team is comprised of a speed character, a power character, and a flying character. And when I was a kid and I was playing that game, I would imagine, like if my friends and I were were in the Sonic Heroes game, and what roles we would play. I was always a bigger kid, so I was the power even though I wasn't strong.
Speaker 1: I was just kind of fat.
Speaker 2: And then I'd have a friend who was fast, he'd be the speed guy. And then I guess that we'd pick some kid to be the fly guy, even though it didn't make sense because he couldn't fly. He tried, but it didn't work because it's it's all, it's all imaginary. But yeah, I like that game. I haven't play. I haven't played really any of the Sonic games since.
Speaker 5: Yeah, neither have I, man, And to be honest, I was never a huge fan of Sonic. But I was just thinking about, like, you know, childhood games and stuff that I used to play, and you were talking about Nintendo earlier and between that, I played a lot of the Lego Star Wars games too, Man, I don't know if you played like Bog two trilogies or whatever. Those were sut of fun. Other than that, though, Man, I guess I do actually have something that just came out. My best friend is moving across the country next month, and I'm really bummed out about it.
Speaker 1: Man, where are they moving to?
Speaker 5: He's moving to Miami.
Speaker 2: Okay, and where are you at?
Speaker 5: I'm in Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: What are they moving for?
Speaker 5: Oh? So he just got a job for a really good tech company. He graduated with a computer or he's going to graduate a computer science degree this spring and yeah, he's really well set up and everything, and it just kind of sucks, you know, because we just got super close and we listened to a lot of the same music and everything, and I don't know, he's just like the biggest part of my support network, i'd say, and it's just kind of that sum go.
Speaker 1: Hmm, yeah, tell me about the rest of your support network.
Speaker 5: Well, that's actually another funny story because my parents, who I tend to talk to you quite a bit for like life advice and stuff, are actually moving out of the country in May as well. So yeah, they're going and then uh yeah, I don't know. I'm just trying to I think the best thing for me to do right now is just making friends and try to kind of build up a support network that way. But it just kind of sucks because, you know, it was like the last four years of my life, I've spent with a lot of these people, and now we're all kind of going our separate ways.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, hmmm. I feel like, yeah, I feel like that is a good opportunity to make new friends. Trying to think what else that's good. That's good about your parents though, because like I get it when your parents are a big party of support system, and you don't want them to leave. But there's also a part of you that I think should be really happy for them that they're like do and shit, you know what I'm saying. Like lots of people's parents just stay. Lots of people's parents have kids and then don't ever do anything else again with their lives. So just a lot of them, you know, do it on purpose because they like it that way. But I feel like there's room for you to be uh, you know, I guess happy for your parents that they're like trying to do shit with their lives. You know, like if my mom, if my mom told me that she was moving out of my hometown to go, uh you know, live in in in Taiwan for the rest of her life, and you know, I ple plea you know, pledge allegiance to some god that she discovered, I'd be like, all right, well that's a bummer. I'm not gonna be able to see as often. But do you you know, we're only alive for like two seconds. Might as well be happy that the people we care about are doing good things with their lives.
Speaker 5: All right, No, absolutely, I'm really excited for them because they're actually moving to an island in the Caribbean out of all places. I know it's insane, but I think the thing that I'm most worried about isn't even for myself necessarily as far as like losing them, but for my younger sister, because she's still like just kind of starting college. She's about to finish her freshman year, and I'll be like the closest relative to her, So if something were to happen to her, you know, I'd be like most responsible, which is insane to me because like, I'm only twenty two.
Speaker 2: So what are you afraid is going to happen to your sister?
Speaker 5: Man, Well, she lives in a pretty big city at the moment, and I don't know. I mean, she's just an eighteen year old girl living in a city kind of on her own, far away from her parents. So of course, you know, it's just kind of the big brother part of me that kind of worries for her. I don't know. I certainly hope nothing happens to her, but something does. You know, it's on me basically to kind of drop everything just make sure she's all right.
Speaker 2: What is and she's in the same city as you are.
Speaker 5: No, she's about i'd say, like one hundred and fifty miles south.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, I mean all right, so she might as well live in Japan. That's like a whole other place from you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean if that's commendable that you have that you know, instinct for her, that's nice. Yeah, I mean, I mean, look, she's alway, was she in college?
Speaker 5: Yeah, she just started uh this past fall here, all right.
Speaker 2: I mean again with this whole I feel like theme of this conversation, like you should be excited for her. She's I mean, yeah, it's probably I mean it scary being you know, freshly graduating high school, moving to a whole different place. But that's part of I'm glad she's doing that instead of again, uh, you know, sitting at home and not doing anything or challenging herself in any way.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's fair. I completely understand that too, I know. And don't get me wrong, super happy for I'm just I'm just saying, like, if something bad were to happen and beyond me, but now she's a super bright kid and she'll be all right, I don't feel fear very much for her at all. I think she's actually gonna do uh, pretty great things.
Speaker 2: I think you're a super bright kid. I think you're going to be all right.
Speaker 5: You know what you two?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 5: I think you're doing alright.
Speaker 2: Ah fucking hope, man. Goddamn what what's your name again?
Speaker 5: I'm tie Ty?
Speaker 1: What do you hope for the future?
Speaker 2: Tie What do you? What do you want to do for the rest of your existence on the earth.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm about to finish my degree here, and hopefully once I graduate, I want to move out of Wisconsin because there's nothing here but cows and angry people. So I think I'll probably move west and just try to do something in either like radio broadcasting producing or do you like podcast production or something like that. I really like the idea of kind of audio engineering or I currently have a job as a camera operator right now as well, so I feel like just kind of being behind the scenes on either like a podcast or like any sort of like internet show or something would probably be ideal for me. Once you graduating here?
Speaker 2: What do you what are you on?
Speaker 1: A camera operator for?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: So for the current university, I attend my film while they're athletic events for ESPN plus and uh yeah, so I mean it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not like a huge sports guy, but it's really good resume builder and I'm just trying to get anything I can at the moment.
Speaker 2: You know, you sound you sound like.
Speaker 1: A good guy.
Speaker 2: You sound like you're I don't know, I don't know how to put this, but I'm excited for you.
Speaker 5: I really appreciate that you have.
Speaker 2: You have like you sound grounded. I don't know, I don't know how to say that, but maybe I maybe that's what I mean.
Speaker 5: No, I gotch man, and no, seriously, thank you. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Huh are you willing? Are you willing to kill someone for your sister?
Speaker 3: Uh? That?
Speaker 5: Uh? You know, it wouldn't be a first option, but if it came down to it, Uh, you know, I feels like life or death, then I think, you know, I probably.
Speaker 2: Somebody your your sister is walking down the streets of this big city and she accidentally bumps into somebody while she's walking and the person she bought, the person that pupped into her doesn't say sorry, and so she asked you to kill them?
Speaker 1: Do you do it?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: But you know what if the person like was just carrying a vat of asset on him. And you know, when she brushed that guy's shoulder or whatever, and his clothes were made out of assid as you know normal people's clothes are. I would uh, I would probably kill him then because it probably just hert my sister. But you know, in any case, Yeah, I haven't seen the beats in the chat.
Speaker 2: So well, I'm glad that you've well, I'm glad to hear that you've thought of everything. Thank you for calling. Tell you have a rest of the night. Anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we.
Speaker 5: Go, Uh, I would just say that, you know, watch therapy Geck and check out his tour coming up here, and uh yeah, buy some merchant in the store.
Speaker 2: Bye, guys, take care. Man.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, I'm doing good.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm a gecko on the computer. Man, aren't we all?
Speaker 6: You know something? Geck?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I feel like so. I called them before I had the one minute call at one point and I talked to you about me suing my old job.
Speaker 7: I was like, sure, Yeah, when when I get this money from the settlement, I feel like I'm going to have a lot of people coming up to me, the old friends that I haven't spoken to in years, asking me for financial help, you know, And I don't want that because I know I'm going to talk.
Speaker 6: About it a little bit. But I don't want these people to come up to me and ask me, Hey, can you give me this? Can you give me that? I have plans of what I want to do with the money.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you are you sued your can you o refy for those who haven't, who have no idea what I mean, start us from the beginning with no prior knowledge of any of this.
Speaker 6: All right, So in twenty twenty, when I started working, I was making like sixteen fifty an hour. It was amazing, getting like almost one thousand dollars paychecks every two weeks. I was super happy with my job, super happy with customers and my managers and everybody. I had moved away from the state that I was living in and I started working for the company in a different state. Right when I got out here, my manager told me, she said that the guys that work at the store either quit or they're fired.
Speaker 4: And I didn't know what.
Speaker 2: That meant that but those are the only two ways to not have a job to leave the job.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but it was it was a primarily female staff, so it was a very small amount of guys and the staff, you know. So she said specifically, the guys either quit or are fired. So I was like confused as to like what that meant. Maybe they weren't happy in the job, you know. But I understood in a few months that it's because our boss tended to drop the hours of the guys and boost the hours of the girls so that they could have more time on the floor into the store. I decided I didn't want to work at that store anymore and I wanted to transfer, so I put in a transfer request and my boss wrote me up for being late because I lived like thirty minutes away from the store. He made it impossible for me to transfer for like six months straight. So I started picking up ships at other stores around the area. And then eventually when he caught onto that, he called those stores and told them not to let me work, okay, And I was very upse this because I was like, why aren't you letting me work? You know, this is a fair And then when I brought it up to him, he fired me and he told corporate he lied to corporate. He called corporate and lied to them and said that I was offering customers drugs in the drive through to get me fired after months of me complaining that I wasn't getting enough hours and everything. And I had to have no complaints from anybody at the store, no customers, no managers, no coworkers. You know, it was just him. So now that I'm suing them, my attorney had us set up a specific amount of money that I want, and the money that I said was eighty thousand. I don't know if I'm going to get that exact amount. I'm okay if I get less, if I get more, great, If I get that amount, amazing, you know. But I feel like when that money comes in, people are going to start hitting me up, asking me for money, asking me for help with different things.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let me stop you right there. For so we are severely putting our cart before the horse here. You don't even have this money, and it's not even a guarantee that you will win this case at all.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's it's pretty much guaranteed because they is a company that doesn't want to go to court, so they're more likely my attorney told me this that he's worked with a lot of cases against the path. Okay, he says that they're a company that always wants to settle out of court. If they can do anything to get this case done and over with as quick as possible, they will do it.
Speaker 2: So okay, So he says, why, I have a few questions, Why do you why do you think your boss was antagonizing you so much for no reason?
Speaker 6: I honestly don't know. I mean I've I've brought I've tried to like bring it up to my coworkers about it, and they've all said that he's always had something against the guys in the store for no reason at all, seemingly. But I think that the final straw of the the the you know, me being antagonized at work is him telling corporate that I was offering customers.
Speaker 2: Drugs And that's just a total out of your way to to get that happened. I mean, that's just a total, complete straight lie.
Speaker 1: Yes, fucking weird man.
Speaker 2: You don't have any idea why this guy doesn't like you, like, like that much enough to lie like that.
Speaker 6: No, I don't know. I mean, maybe me being laid a couple of times. But that doesn't really I don't think that's grounds.
Speaker 2: You know, he's probably was he I mean, he's probably just a sad guy.
Speaker 4: I maybe.
Speaker 2: Bizarre.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: By the way, okay, listen, what do I think. I think if your friend asks you for ten thousand dollars you say.
Speaker 6: No, Yeah, that's that sounds like a good idea.
Speaker 2: Are you really, like, I mean, are you Are you really that concerned with your friends and family ask you for money? Like what I mean, what kind of people are in your circle so much that this is like a very serious, you know, thing that you're nervous about.
Speaker 6: I mean, I've known a lot of people that I fear would be this way with money. And I've had I've had people that I've had to like stop talking to because because they've asked for things that I cannot provide them. You know, people some people asking me texting me, hey do you have cash? App I'm broke, I need money this and nut. I don't want to give people money, you know, I'm just trying to pay the.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't have to. And by the way, you know, I mean, like, yeah, you don't have to give people money if you don't want to give them money, man. And also, you know, I'm going to challenge you for this, all right. Look, hey, look if somebody is asking if somebody hears that you got a whatever thing and they start asking you for a bunch of money and you thought they were your friends, I'm gonna challenge you. Look at it as a good thing, all right, because it reveals you know about things about.
Speaker 4: The people that you're close with.
Speaker 2: It reveals the things about the people that you're close with. So in that sense, it can be a blessing, right because you you now have more information about the people that you you hold close and that can sometimes be positive.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 6: And you know what, people, my best friend, he's told me multiple times, I mean jokingly, he's told me that, oh, I'm gonna leach off of you now. But I know ha ha.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like, oh, yeah, might actually be joking.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I don't want him to do that. I've known him for the past seven years. You know, I don't think he's that type of person. I strongly believe that he's not that type of person. But in the back of my mind there's that fear that he might be serious about that.
Speaker 1: Here's what you do.
Speaker 2: If somebody ask you for money, you go, I earned this money by selling drugs out of it, and if you want eighty thousand dollars you can go and do the same thing.
Speaker 6: It's a pretty damn good advice.
Speaker 5: Gick.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, Andrew, Well, thanks for calling man. I hope you get all your money, and I hope that you and your friends go have you know, fun, pinball pool parties with it. So anything else do you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 6: Well, I hope you have a good day chat. I have to take out the trash. But don't let money change you if you ever get any.
Speaker 2: Take care, man, take care gek. They say money does not change a person, it merely reveals them. But I don't know if that's true, because if you get a really cool car, then maybe you'll be happier. That's how life works. I've learned that that's how the more the more stuff you can accumulate, the happier you will be. This is proven by many psychologists on the line calls every nine teaching you can expect