Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong and Petty and he.
Speaker 2: Arms wrong.
Speaker 1: From the studio. See see Senor. It's a dimly lit.
Speaker 3: Room deeper than the bowels, the Armstrong and Giddy Communications Compound and uh.
Speaker 1: Today on Tuesday, we're under the general manager. Triffs. Tarriffs are our general manager. And you gotta say it like that. Tariffs.
Speaker 3: Triffs are an exciting topic, you know, Oh boy they are. That was dripping with sarcasm. I was just thinking how in the olden days what happened in the last like dozen hours would be just such giant news. The United States laid twenty five percent tariffs on Mexico and Canada, our closest trading partners, and then a ten percent tariff on China, an additional ten percent tariff in China, and halted all funding the Ukraine, who we've been supporting for three years. Both of those stories are just enormous, But we're so used to giant ebbs and flows and everything like that, it just doesn't feel like it would have felt ten years ago.
Speaker 4: Right right, the pace and significance of the news generated by the new administration is just crazy, hard to take in, hard to comprehend, never mind to form a response or an attack against it, as the Democrats would love to. Michael, do you have our theme music that we play for everything? Welcome to Joe's provocative statement of the day. Joe's provocative statement of the day. The tariff moves will be the undoing of the Trump administration. Wow, this is the landmine they have laid that they are going to step upon. Economically speaking, So you wanted Kamla to win. That's intestable.
Speaker 1: Well played.
Speaker 4: He got me, checkmate. No, I wish with every fiber of me. I hope I'm wrong. I think what this is going to do to the economy, the stock market, inflation, working class people's lives ain't gonna be good. And again, I hope I'm wrong. I'm having a lot of trouble finding anybody of any you know, significant haft intelligence who disagrees.
Speaker 3: Well, the idea, right is that it doesn't last very long that countries realize.
Speaker 1: Wow, they're serious.
Speaker 3: So he's serious, really, And it's a dentistring argument around whether or not. And it seems like not to me that any president should have the power to do this sort of thing on his own, just an individual move. I mean, it's really it's tacks. It's a heck of a thing. But according to the law, there has to be a national emergency. But as we've seen throughout COVID, painfully, executives at various levels apparently have the right to declare their own emergencies, sometimes on a fairly skinny pretext.
Speaker 1: No, that's right.
Speaker 3: Why he keeps mentioning fentanyl from China and Mexico and all and coming across the Canadian mortar and that sort of thing, because that's the emergency.
Speaker 1: It's the drug thing, which is an emergency. I just don't know if it fits in with this.
Speaker 3: But anyway, that aside, this is what's happening, and the hope is that these countries, particularly Mexico and Canada China is a different situation as they are are. Me, well, say, wow, he's serious, He's actually going to do this. And then there I heard this morning. It's either talk of or it's already decided that Honda's going to stop making the civic in Mexico and start making it in Indiana, for instance, that sort of thing will start happening, and enough of that will happen, then okay, we can take the tariffs off now, or lower them or however that works in the negotiation. Then it's not you know, permanent going forward. Yeah, that would please me, That would be great.
Speaker 4: My concern is that, and this is a little complicated because they're as Jack indicated, you got our allies and friends and neighbors, then you got China.
Speaker 1: Just you got to put China over there with tear.
Speaker 4: If the crap out of them, we shouldn't do anything to help China, and if we have to, you know, suffer a little bit at the cash register. Again, not popular politically, but I get that completely. The problem I see with the like Canada and Mexico thing is there are a few that can make that move fairly quickly. It will be temporary until the moment somebody else comes into power, and so those that can make them move fairly quickly and fairly efficiently, like a big automaker, that'll go pretty well. But the idea that the tariffs are going to revive American manufacturing, if I'm a manufacturer would be manufacturer. I'm thinking Trump's got three and a half years left in office. These policies are are unprecedented and not popular among you know, pro business people, congress people's senators, the rest of it. They're all shutting their mouths out of loyalty and or fear of Trump right now. But it's the odds are very, very good it doesn't last more than three and a half years. So I'm not going to spend three and a quarter years building a plant and investing millions or even more tens of millions of dollars if then the you know, the realities are trade including tariffs change.
Speaker 1: Completely at the end of that.
Speaker 4: So I just don't know how effective this could be in on shoring American manufacturing.
Speaker 1: I'd love for it to be in a long term way. I'm just skeptical.
Speaker 3: Some Republican congressman just introduced the Golden Age Act, which would put President Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: On the one hundred dollars bill. And you wanted to announce that very reasonable for a sitting president.
Speaker 4: Yes, not at all, the sort of act that normally takes place behind closed doors. And he wants this ole guy, he doesn't need you to do that to him.
Speaker 1: Oh geez. He wanted to announce that on the day.
Speaker 3: Because Trump addresses both Houses of Congress tonight, it will look like a State of the Union address more or less is and the State of the Union addresses aren't State of the Union addresses, so quit telling me. It's not actually a State of the Union dress, neither of the State of Union dress.
Speaker 1: So what does that even mean? Exactly?
Speaker 3: So, so he's going to address both Houses of Congress, and Congress people are in theory Democrats going to bring out of work government workers who doge has ruined their.
Speaker 1: Lives, and they're going to be scattered throughout the chamber. Yes, Michael, do you think they'll be wearing like old clothes and look really poor, right, you know?
Speaker 3: Or just like yeah, rags, barrels, unshaven, little stub of a cigar, maybe munching hungrily on a crust of bread. Put their shoes up on the chairs so you can see that the bottom of holes in them.
Speaker 1: So not to jump in if you had a comment on that, but it's funny.
Speaker 4: One of our beloved listeners just sent us a link to a sketch from twenty ten from Saturday Night Live. The Government employee, The annual government employee Awards for twenty ten. I remember that, and we're gonna work on editing it and bring it. It was very funny, yeah, and pretty long, but anyway, but the point of it obviously is, you know, they're curly, they don't have to do anything, they're lazy, and that's of course not true of all government workers, but that is the popular perception. So trying to like build a narrative of national woe and disgust that the federal workforce was cut back.
Speaker 1: Good luck Bill in.
Speaker 3: That narrative, right, right, Yeah, with your point being that if it was it was fertile ground for Saturday Night Lives audience, it certainly is fertile ground for the rest of the country, right, and mock the government worker.
Speaker 1: We should start speaking of that.
Speaker 3: We should start the show officially before we get into trouble. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this. It is Tuesday, March fourth, the year twenty twenty five, or Armstrong.
Speaker 1: You're getting we approve of this program.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's begin then officially according to FCC rules and regulations, here we go at Mark or lefties singing anthems to something or other to change vines or something.
Speaker 1: Well, what was that group? What are they protesting? Or matt about her? They're anti dogists?
Speaker 3: This joy I have, the world didn't give it to me. What's I got to do with doje? I'm just not following here? No, well, what is what's to follow?
Speaker 4: I don't They're just it's not as good as some of the other protest songs like that.
Speaker 1: Which side are you on? That was a good one.
Speaker 2: Which side are you on?
Speaker 1: Which side are you on? Which itself? We couldn't hold a candle. There's a hole of the sky, well the tree once was.
Speaker 4: But it's you know, protests singing. It's part of the great tradition. Jack Pete, seeger what he got three some other people?
Speaker 3: You know the story. You know the story. We got Katie's headlines on the way some mail bag. Yeah uh. And we stopped all aid to Ukraine yesterday Trump announced.
Speaker 1: That's that. None of that. I was watching that. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: More on that to come, but I was watching the tedious news this last night, feeling my joy speaking of joy being sucked out of me moment by moment by watching that, and one of the news is had some lefties chanting about something or other they were angry about it.
Speaker 1: I don't recall what.
Speaker 5: I was sitting there thinking, when was the last time anybody was convinced of anything by a group of people chanting walking by and thinking, Wow, they're all repeating the same thing in unison. I need to think seriously about that.
Speaker 1: That hole in the side where the tree.
Speaker 4: Once was, somebody's making money, A.
Speaker 2: Hole in the sky where the tree once was, somebody's making money.
Speaker 3: All right, Um, that's a good point, though, when was somebody convinced by a chant mom away fools?
Speaker 1: What they're arguing for rhymes, so they make a good point.
Speaker 3: We've got Katie's headlines next day here, Artie. I'm more concerned about a lot of the foreign policy stuff than inflation currently personally, but that's not what the polls show. We didn't talk about this yesterday. CBS had some pulling out over the weekend. People are still by far mostly concerned about the economy and inflation, but feel that the Trump administration is that is not their focus. Which you know, you're predicting various things that could be trouble for Trump. I think that one's going to be a problem for Trump if if people's perception is the main thing in my life is inflation and your main thing is Ukraine border, tariffs, various things that just that political divide will be a problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I left that out of my analysis and one I call it my my shocking statement of the day, whatever.
Speaker 1: Was that's incredibly important to people.
Speaker 4: And I've come across some accounts in conservative media of parts of the country that are heavily Trump but are really really struggling with inflation and economic issues. And they also, you know, part of it that they perceive the main goals right now are the border and foreign policy and that sort of thing, But part of it's just no matter what they perceive, they are still struggling financially and haven't seen anything done for them. And that's why I think if the tariff thing doesn't work like just right the way you're describing it, it could be a huge negative right in the pocketbook for Trump's base.
Speaker 1: And again I'm not rooting for this.
Speaker 4: That just I see it coming down the line and I wonder if it's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Well, that'll be fun.
Speaker 4: Let's figure out who's reporting what it's lead story with Katie Green.
Speaker 2: Katie, thank you, guys, starting with the free beacon Honda to move production to the United States ahead of Trump's Mexican tariffs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: That was a move they definitely wanted to have in the headlines, coinciding with the announcement and tonight's speech.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll have to see. It's interesting.
Speaker 4: I read a big giant piece I almost brought it to the show about when Apple announced what was it, five hundred billion dollars in new investments in America. A lot of that stuff was pre planned. Just repackage it and kind of move the parentheses over here in the timeline over there. It happens every administration to curry favor. So some of that stuff, including this might be a little overstated.
Speaker 1: Don't know. I have to wait and see.
Speaker 4: From the Independent again, So you'll wanted Kamla to win. Wow, exactly, I hear genius would have saved the union.
Speaker 1: That's my point.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, from the Independent, Trump military aid cut will hit Ukraine's frontline fight against Putin's forces within days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a heck of a thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, it went from and it was ridiculous for Biden to keep saying We're with you to the end to the end. Okay, that's that's fantastic, But what do you actually mean will be with you till the end? Now we're cutting off all support.
Speaker 1: How is this going to turn out? Well?
Speaker 3: Ian Bremer put up a video last night on his website with some real politic about Europe that I thought was damned interesting.
Speaker 1: We need to get to maybe this power.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think Zelensky's diplomatic f up will be seen as one of the most.
Speaker 1: Historic ones of those ever.
Speaker 4: And those blaming Zelensky for the blow up in the Oval Office, they've got a hell of a good case. I think what's underrated is that meeting with Democrats right before he went to the White House, which was put out in on social media by the Democrats saying we've advised Zolensky to give Trump the finger. He showed up in his not a suit and gave Trump the finger more or less, and Trump was ready for it and already pissed off.
Speaker 2: Oh Man from ABC News families of North Korean troops captured in Russia will be executed. They're saying that the soldiers that are fighting for Russia from North Korea will kill themselves before they get captured because if there's any thought that they might have given information Russia, their family's gonna get it back.
Speaker 1: In North Korea, what a horrible, horrible country.
Speaker 4: Well, and some of the guys were literally they were unable to move or run or grab their gun.
Speaker 1: They're so badly injured.
Speaker 4: But nonetheless, as a message to the other North Korean troops, Kim Jong un is going to execute their entire family, just to make the point North Koreans.
Speaker 1: Thing to do. Unbelievable that that can exist on the planet.
Speaker 2: From Reuters, car plows into German city, killing car plows into crowd. Excuse me, in German city, killing two.
Speaker 1: And was this on purpose or anything?
Speaker 2: Do we know they're investigating if it was an attack?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's almost certainly yet another. I think this is the third in the space of what a month jihadi attack in Germany. From Breitbart dot Com.
Speaker 2: Real time AI voice tech will make Indian call center workers sound American.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: If I can understand them. Yeah, if it makes me, it makes it easier to understand. Did you hear this is a bit of a controversy. We'll talk about it more later. Adrian Brody wins Best actor partially for his unbelievable Hungarian accent that he does in the movie apparently, and they used AI to make his accent better throughout the film. And so that's become a big controversy, very controversy leading up to the oscars.
Speaker 2: Jack from The Guardian, more than half of adults worldwide will be overweight or obese by twenty fifty.
Speaker 3: Hey, Usa, USA, We've spread it around the world, so half the world to be obese.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And finally from the Babylon b Trump hangs up sign in White House that says you must be this tall to receive foreign aid.
Speaker 1: I saw that.
Speaker 4: You know what the weekly world news headline or the sun would be with this much obesity. Scientists are concerned that the the Earth's orbit will slow, leading to twenty five hour days.
Speaker 2: We're weighing it down.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, my god. We can't drag our ass around the Sun anymore. Right, the Earth has gotten too heavy.
Speaker 1: Even the ability scooter. Yeah, years will be three hundred and seventy one days. More news on the way, stay here, armstrong and getdy.
Speaker 6: Ukrainian president of Lazzolenski was criticized for what he woarded the White House meeting on Friday.
Speaker 7: But in his defense, most suits his size come with a sailor hat and a giant lollipop.
Speaker 1: I believe Gutfell's a man of smaller stature himself. Is he not making a short joke? Okay?
Speaker 4: I just find the he's a shorter fellow shots to be a little dumb.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 3: I'd rather not base our foreign policy on height or whether or not you wear your suit. But I understand, uh, I understand some of the issues around that, Yes, Katie, Uh.
Speaker 1: Not that it matters. He's five or five okay, a little guy, is that right? And it is fairly small. Okay. I don't know how we got into the heights.
Speaker 4: Very absolutely no significance, no at all, No, absolutely not any way.
Speaker 3: So, just to fill out this conversation a little bit, what led to Trump cutting off all aid to Ukraine yesterday, which I know some of you are happy about.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 3: Uh. Zelensky in Europe, asked about the war ending soon in a peace deal, said it's the war's going to go on for a long long time.
Speaker 1: Trump did not like that. Responded to that yesterday in a press conference.
Speaker 7: President Zelensky supposedly made a satement today an AP. I'm not a big fan of AP, so maybe it was an incorrect sament. But he said he thinks there was gonna go on for a long time, and he'd.
Speaker 1: Better not be right about that. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So Trump goes on to say, basically, you'd better not be right about that, because we're not gonna aid him anymore. And if the war goes on for a long time, you know, like you said Friday in the Oval Office, you don't have any cards. Russia's you know, gonna overwhelm you. And I hope this doesn't end up with Russia taking key, even owning the whole country.
Speaker 4: But the more I see, the more I think Zelensky messed up on multiple levels and was responsible for the ugly tone of the meeting.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty convinced of that. Interesting.
Speaker 4: On the other hand, I'm told by Trump World it's soon he'll be super tough on Putin. And because right now, given especially the cutoff of arms, Putin is gonna the idea that this is gonna end the war is hilarious. Putin's gonna think, yes, we're gonna keep going, We're gonna keep grinding We're gonna keep taking land until they run out of ammunition.
Speaker 1: Then we're gonna take the entire country. The idea that this will end the war again, to me is just silly. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They got into a bit of a debate on Fox and Friends this morning, and I was watching as several of the people on the couch, We're talking about Elon should cut off the starlink if Zilency's going to be like this so they can't communicate, and Brian killed me.
Speaker 1: It is like what Russia will take Keevan two days if that happens. Is that what you want? And so yeah, it's this whole conversation is making my brain hurt. But just wrap this up a little bit.
Speaker 3: Ian Bremmer, who we've had on the show a lot, is only more of a globalist than I am, and and you know, worries more about making sure Europe's happy than I do. But he had this to say. This is around the idea, and I think this is part of what Trump's trying to force. This gets to the column from Ross Do thought of the New York Times that we read yesterday, where Ross and the New York Times basically saying Trump's getting rid of old pretenses that have been gone for a long time. The United States can't run the world like it used to the world has changed too much. Europe is not as powerful as they think they are, and they need to either step up or something. But you know, times are changing, and Ian talks about it here, which I thought was really interesting.
Speaker 6: What the Europeans have to now figure out is are they prepared to be courageous? Are they prepared to step up even though they're not in the most powerful position. Are they willing to do after three years, after frankly, eleven years since the Russians invaded Ukraine, the first time they've stood back.
Speaker 1: They've stood by.
Speaker 6: They haven't stood up for their fellow Europeans. They've allowed the Americans to do the heavy lifting. And now they have a president president that is not willing to do that, and frankly doesn't agree with them anymore, doesn't agree with their values, doesn't care about shared values, only cares about power. And so this is not a question for the Ukrainians. We know where the Ukrainians stand. They stand up. This is not a question for the Americans. We know where the Americans stand. They stand for themselves. This is a question for the Europeans. Are the Europeans willing to stay and up for themselves, for their principles, for their.
Speaker 1: Values and for fellow Europeans. And I fear the answer is no. How about that you can cut off there? How about that?
Speaker 3: I thought that I was surprising to me from Ian Bremmer to say, I mean, now, that's a pretty trumpy thing to say. Since twenty fourteen, the Europeans have stood by and watched and let America do the work when it's their freaking continent. Sure, and his prediction is they're not going to rise to the occasion if we step aside.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 4: Well, if you take a serious look at European domestic politics, I think he's right. It's just I mean, they try the slightest reform of their bloated socialist systems and their people go nuts. And we're talking about now a major rearrangement of national priorities for all the biggies in Europe. There's no way it goes through. One more quick thought. I was about to say, I agree with everything you and Ian Bremmer said. The only quipple I have is where he said Trump doesn't care about principles.
Speaker 1: All he cares about his power.
Speaker 4: I might halfway agree, but I would say to Ian, well, Trump also looks at the emperor's new cloesy nature of NATO, where those paper tigers in Europe, Well, they've donated a lot to Ukraine, for instance. They don't have that much in the way of arms. They have no arms in reserve, their armies are weak. And so the idea that we had this bold and strong alliance that we're abandoning. Know what Trump's saying is, no, we didn't. All we have is the expense of it being the sugar daddy for all of these countries. And that's got to change. Now what it changes into Donald j and I might disagree on, but he's right.
Speaker 1: Well that gets to the whole pretenses thing.
Speaker 3: So what Ian meant by all the United States cares about is power might always have been true.
Speaker 1: It's just I mean, you can say flowery things, but.
Speaker 3: Trying to put a democracy in Afghanistan because we want to spread democracy didn't work. Trying to spread you know, a Jeffersonian democracy in Iraq, trying to force that and it hasn't worked.
Speaker 1: And so maybe you just do what you can. What you have the power to do and that's all you can do.
Speaker 3: And you can say all kinds of nice things, but if you're not capable of doing it, I don't know do you get credit for saying that.
Speaker 1: I say, it's like the climate change argument.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, and I was just thinking, I think it's true that we would much prefer democracy should they tend to be friendly to other democracy. It's just it's better for human beings. But there's a you know, there's a point at which that's no longer your highest priority. If the democracy of a you know, Central South American country for instance, and this was true throughout the twentieth century, if their quote unquote democracy is going to lead them to communism and totalitarianism, then we have stepped in many.
Speaker 1: Times and said, nah, we're not gonna let you go that way. Hey, you know, and often, you know, it's funny for a while.
Speaker 4: When liberal schools really you know, controlled the discussion of history, we would be taught at every single quote unquote right wing incursion and to say in Nicaragua was awful and bloody and we shouldn't have done it, and we should have let them, you know, chart their own future. Well, they ended up with horrific dictators. You know, Ortega and just the Sandinistas were scumbag communists, like all scumbag communists, and their countries are falling apart. They're racked with violence and gangs and poverty, and now they're exporting all their violent, poverty stricken gangs to the US. So, yes, we do have an interest in our own neighborhood. And then sometimes we got to flex our muscles. But before we get to mail bag.
Speaker 3: So if if Ian is right that the Europeans aren't gonna stand up, and if we cut off aid and say, hey, Zelenski a non wear and suit wear and midget, we ain't giving you anymore. And uh so Russia takes Kiev, takes Ukraine, and Europe does it. Lets it happen and and and it's you know, if Europe, I have been saying since the beginning, if Europe doesn't care, I don't know why we shouldn't necessarily care more than Europe does. I still think the US world order, being led by US has been, you know, a great benefit to us and continues to be a great benefit. And when it's gone, everybody's gonna really miss it. Our economic growth will go way down when China and controls a third or half of the world shipping lanes and all that sort of stuff. All that stuff goes out to it. But anyway, do you think that that could happen? Europe can't or won't stand up. We're not aiding them anymore. Russia takes Kiev, Ukraine's has its site set on Estonia or one of those other tiny little countries, and then why wouldn't Putin take that? Because Europe just announced we're not gonna fight you the NATO shmado wow, and we need a brief answer to that question. Yes, I can absolutely picture that happening.
Speaker 4: I don't think it necessarily is going to be militarily, because after Russia makes a certain amount of progress, the quote unquote negotiations are going to include the removal of the current regime and electoral structure in Ukraine and the installation of a puppet regime of Moscow like Poorshenko's puppet regime back in the twenty ten teens, and effectively he will own Ukraine at that point. Now, what happens to the Baltic State if the states, if Putin decides to make.
Speaker 1: Moves there what they'll look like. Gosh, that's a tough one.
Speaker 4: It's not out of the question though, But back to Ian Bremer's main point, I'm seriously because I try to, you know, imagine every scenario fairly and not just leap to conclusions, which makes me bad on Twitter. But I am struggling to even picture how Europe would get from its current like fat old former warrior who thinks he's still got it paper tiger hood, to like being actually lean and mean enough to be a significant military force.
Speaker 1: I can't even picture that what that would look like. Well I can.
Speaker 4: There would be revolution in the streets that would have to be put down by governments.
Speaker 1: Popular governments wow, strong enough.
Speaker 4: To engage in seriously draconian measures to reform their economies, their entire social fabric.
Speaker 1: Because they are socialist states, and.
Speaker 4: Then make military you know, military might priority again. I mean, that's that would be like me declaring exactly how I'm going to get to Olympic pole vaulter status.
Speaker 1: It's you can describe how that would.
Speaker 3: Happen, but please, Yeah, it would take a complete restructuring of society, and a lot of us who lean right have been saying for a very, very long time. You know, Europe gets to be, you know, the socialist paradise as they are, where you get twelve weeks of vacation and retire at fifty and all this sort of stuff. Because we pay for the protection. You don't have to worry about your military.
Speaker 1: We do it for you.
Speaker 3: Well, if those days are over, holy crap, there's gonna be a major restructuring of everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I agree with well, I agree with you completely.
Speaker 4: I can't stop myself from pointing out that they were as socialist paradise is for a while. They are turning into socialist crap heaps because their.
Speaker 1: Economic always happens.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, exactly, their economic engines installed as they always do, and as Margaret Thatcher taught us, they're running out of other people's money to spend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the arc of socialism. You can get paradise for a while, but it doesn't the last We got a mailbag on the way, bunch of other stuff. I'd love to hear what you think about this text line four one five two nine five kftc AI scandal in the Oscars. Love to talk about that later. Not that I care about the Oscars, but I am kind of interested in AI in the world of art and what that all means and if we should be worried or not. Yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, I mean definitely. And there's some really interesting gay I stuff.
Speaker 4: My lack of enthusiasm is just because, you know, I saw that quote unquote scandals a while back and thought.
Speaker 1: Do whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Well, they made it, they made it all about people losing jobs whatever. You know that that's not my interest. That's gonna happen. I mean, it sucks, but it's gonna happen, right right, Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: And there's another utterly idiotic quote unquote controversy I want to talk about.
Speaker 1: So all right, here's your freedom loving quote of the day.
Speaker 4: And continuing on with our series from Theodore Roosevelt, we'll go with a couple today. Believe you can, and you're halfway there. He was a very positive thinker, a real guru. If he'd been not been president, he would have been like a Mark Twain type character.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, if I remember correctly, his dad died young and or he was diagnosed with something where he thought he was going to die young. That had a big influence on his view of life. He didn't think he had very long.
Speaker 1: Starting at a.
Speaker 4: Young age, he was stricken with the one of your serious childhood diseases of that era, and was very weak and worked like a fiend to build himself up to the strength he attained and became a great believer in overcoming your obstacles and becoming what you dream of being another one. No man is above the law, and no man is below it. Nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it. Why we could have used that during the George Floyd riots Anyway mail bag he drops a note into time mailbag at Armstrong unity dot com. Again, that's Armstrong and Getty dot com. Excuse me, I've been drinking, I've been torn trying to get mailbag together. I thought, let's move on from Ukraine, but dozens and dozens and dozens of emails about Ukraine. So I'm just gonna sprinkle in a couple. Let's see Brian Wrights, Guys, I'm a nearly forty year old millennial who works in the taxes. I hate fine china, silverware, dressing up, fancy dinners, restaurants, bedskirts, all those industries and traditions that.
Speaker 1: Millennials have killed let's sEH restaurants.
Speaker 4: He mentions, as well, you've talked about how in the past you use those things to relate to people, that this is important to me, and then he says he gets now where his parents were coming from. In that way, showing up looking professional is important. When the leader of the free world says he has a dress code, that's important. Obliging the leader of the host nation that has given you military aid is important. Zelensky was a moron to show up dressed like that shows a lack of respect in professionalism.
Speaker 1: It's a youngster, a millennial who rejects all of the niceties of the old world.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Man, I can't believe this is part of the conversation. But I think you're closer to right than wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gosh, I really I want to talk more about this because there's another angle. But it's mailbag and I'll be disciplined about it.
Speaker 1: Let's see what it is. And I wanted to get two.
Speaker 3: Very important text we should hit just since we're a lot of mocking of the height of Zelensky.
Speaker 1: How tall are you guys? How tall are you?
Speaker 3: I am now five to ten? I was five eleven until my back started collapsing. That's interesting because I was six to one my whole life. I'm now six foot and one quarter inches. I have shrunk three quarters of an inch. Yeah, it happens.
Speaker 4: It's the discs in your spine get compressed. No life wears you down to a nub.
Speaker 3: If you live to be one hundred and twenty, you'll just be a tiny little thing with shoes running around.
Speaker 1: Let's see what do we want to go as here? You know what. I'm so tired of this and it's so complicated. Oh, I tell you what. Anybody's in an email and said, guys, it's simple. It's not.
Speaker 4: Here's a hint, mister always often wrong, never in doubt. No, it ain't the Armstrong you getty. One More Thing podcast yesterday about a super expensive brand of mattress, hostin Or Hasten Donna Wright.
Speaker 1: Don't get that mattress.
Speaker 4: We have this mattress and I hate it, but I'm stuck with it for the rest of my life because we spent too much money to get rid of it.
Speaker 1: Wow, they actually bought one.
Speaker 3: We did a podcast about this fifty six thousand dollars mattress. The new York Times was raving about how comfortable it is.
Speaker 4: And then here's a really funny note from al none of Us whose son is applying to the University of California system to get in and they noticed that he was cleaning and cooking a lot more than normal, and he explained to them that he has declared of self transgender for the college application process. That will certainly help him in the University of California.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's a good one. I got to tell my kids that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is pretty funny. And he's also looking into playing some college volleyball for the UC system and as he is six three, two twenty and a football player, that will be an awesome presence on the court for whatever University of California school accepts her application.
Speaker 3: Go banana Slugs, that's what I say. Yes, like that ball down the real girl's throat, show them. I want to hear some of those emails about the whole Ukraine situation. A lot more news in hour too if you miss a segment at the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty