Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And Getty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: They are going and then got bulls down, but Montomery is able to pick up.
Speaker 2: The first down.
Speaker 1: So got bulls down is he's making the handoff and they should seal it.
Speaker 2: They'll run the clock down ball game.
Speaker 1: The Lions on fourth down and made the fourth down and decided that we're not gonna just play for the tie and going overtime.
Speaker 2: We're either gonna win or lose it. Here we go. I love it when teams do that.
Speaker 1: The players were so fired up that the coach made that decision. The two teams that if you're an NFL fan, how do you not root for the Detroit Lions and the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 2: That would be a great super Bowl.
Speaker 1: They're just a fun teams with cool coaches and cool players, and their fan base has been awesome, even though they've sucked my entire life. Well, certainly one of them has to lose is the only downside. Yeah, And I was at the Chiefs game last Friday, my Chiefs fan. But because I'm from Kansas, but it's become clear to me that unless you are a Chiefs fan, they are like the Patriots used to be. Everybody hates them. If I mentioned the Chiefs anybody, it's like, booh, you suck. So I realized that. But so last night, after the game, Lions win and stay twelve and one, two teams that have one loss, and that's Chiefs and the Lines.
Speaker 2: But anyway, you don't care about that.
Speaker 1: The coach gives this super fired up speech afterwards in the locker room.
Speaker 2: Listen to this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I told you you'd never forget this game. You will never forget this game. We don't have to talk about how tough we are. We don't have to talk about how resilient we are. We live it, man, We've been living it.
Speaker 5: It's where's our defense side. That's the way to step up, man, that's the way to step up. Are you going skip? Keep throwing up whatever you're.
Speaker 4: Going up.
Speaker 1: On the wire, So the alignment is over in the corner, vomiting here.
Speaker 6: You go, skip, keep throwing up. Wait a pike, buddy, Dan Campbell, love.
Speaker 2: Him, laughing, live it. That's great. God.
Speaker 1: The way the team reacted on that fourth down was cool. It's like they were, you know, because fans and announces. Oh yeah, I don't know if that was a good idea done most coaches when the players were.
Speaker 2: Like, that's done. Why not done? They're gonna win or not? Yes, I didn't see it. I gotta watch it on the very Dang, it's very cool. Thrown up, Skip, that's that. Keep vomiting the boy. Tell you what, when somebody needs up chuck Skip steps up. If you look around, he pukes. I was like, that's all pukes. Take you figured him out. Oh it's beautiful.
Speaker 1: We have some breaking news court cases. We have to get a couple of biggies. Yeah, yeah, number one. Well, in terms of significance, this might be number one. Let's see that a federal appeals court rule that TikTok can be banned in the US over national security concerns, upholding a federal law requiring the popular social media to shed its Chinese ownership to keep operating. That's a three judge panel US court Fields District of Columbia said Congress has that power to protect US national security interests. The ruling rejected a First Amendment challenge brought by the app and several of its star users. Blah blah blah, the app which is run by the Chinese Communist.
Speaker 6: Party for this specific purpose of undermining the United States of America. Well, yeah, guys, but I get restaurant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what part did you not hear?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: How about we can't to promote my art on Oh my god.
Speaker 1: But did you see the blonde college sitting in her car yelling about Palestine?
Speaker 2: Did you see that? That's good stuff? Yeah? Oh my god, I can't.
Speaker 1: It's one of the craziest things we've done in America is let the Chinese Communist Party educate all of our young people on why America country?
Speaker 2: Partly? Yeah, yeah, and I don't remember the particulars.
Speaker 6: But there's a big probe TikTok guy who's in Trump's inner circle now, So it will be really really interesting to see how that plays out. Because Trump famously was the guy, to his eternal credit, who woke the US out of our naive slumber about the communist Chinese Party in China what it's trying to do. So the idea that he would hear the case that, well, the commedis are using this to undermine your country sir, and that he'd say, well, that's all right.
Speaker 2: I don't think that'll happen.
Speaker 6: So it'll be super interesting to watch a second big time court case. And this is beautiful. A federal judge has rejected Boeing's guilty plea deal on those multiple Boeing through seven thirty seven MAX crashes that happened in the third Third World. You remember that at least one or maybe both in Africa. I don't remember the specifics, but the judge rejected the plea deal over the in part because the deal's diversity, equity and Inclusion provision would have suggest subjected an independent monitor of Boeing's operations to DEI requirements. So part of the deal was, you've got to have an independent monitor making sure you're really following your own safety rules and rags and that of the federal government.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 6: But by the way, that monitor has to have full DEI programs, and has to have quota hiring, and has to have sensitivity workshops, and has to tell all the white people are bad and the rest of it. The DOJ said in the deal it would honor its commitment into diverse and inclusion when selecting a monitor, a provision about which US District Judge Riat O'Connor has to be brief by the agency in October.
Speaker 2: In his ruling, Judge o'counter.
Speaker 6: Cited concerns with THEE twenty one Biden administration order that would seemingly encourage consideration of race and hiring at federal agencies. Quote, in a case of this magnitude, it is in the utmost interest of justice that the public is confident this monitor selection is done based solely on competency, the judge wrote. And since it's not, the agreement is not in the public interest. Excuse me, pardon me, excuse me, excuse me.
Speaker 2: Why could we.
Speaker 6: Not extrapolate from that ruling in that common sense a similar modus operandi for everything human beings do where there's anything at stake competence, skill, excellence. If you don't think there are enough black people who are like great engineers, go start a program for little black kids to get involved in engineering. Don't solve it at the back end hiring people who are not competent just so you reach a number. That's horrible and it's un American.
Speaker 2: Couple of things.
Speaker 1: First, we got to get the audio from the fiery hearing yesterday with the Secret Service and all that sort of stuff. Kind of interesting. We caught a little bit of it yesterday, so we got to get to that.
Speaker 6: Also, well, there's been an accusation of bigfooting Jack, and we need to get to the bottom of that.
Speaker 2: It's a term I've just become familiar with.
Speaker 1: And the TikTok ruling you mentioned, I didn't realize this. So the defeat inches the app closer to a us band, which will take effeck to January nineteenth, unless there's another court ruling at a higher level.
Speaker 2: That's pretty soon. Yeah, wow, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: I love this if for no other reason that it really draws people's attention to our relationship with the Dirty Comedies.
Speaker 2: But I gotta big a question. I gotta ask.
Speaker 1: I did keep forgetting to ask it im and meaning to ask all we canna.
Speaker 6: Ask it right after this, Michael, make it so that mister Armstrong remembers the big question. Okay, a quick quarter from our friends at Simply Save Home Security. They are always advancing I thought Simply Safe it was great two years ago, well everybody did, but they've made it even better with their active guard outdoor protection. It changes the game by preventing crime before it even happens. If somebody's lurking around your house acting suspiciously, the agents and AI see them in real time, talk to them directly, figure out what they're doing. They can set off your spotlights, call the cops before the break in.
Speaker 1: Holy Cow and that crazy great monitoring about a bucket day. Yeah, it's super simple to understand old school systems. Even Simply Safe. They catch somebody inside your home and then jump on it. Now you catch people before they get in your home. What the help is Simply Safe and their active guard outdoor protection. And like Joe said, it's about a dollar a day, and they've extended the Black Friday offer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and worth mentioning also that you get that dollar a day if you sign up for five years. Wait, no, there are no long term contracts and no cancelation fees.
Speaker 2: Go to simply Safe dot.
Speaker 6: Com slash armstrong get that fifty percent off any new system with a selected professional monitoring plan. Again, that's Simplysafe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply Safe.
Speaker 1: So we've talked about the political story now being reported multiple outlets that the Biden White House is really wrestling with the idea of blanket pardons for people that have never been charged with anything or whatever because of the evil Trump administration is going to go after Adam Schiff and Mark Milly and Liz Cheney and what's the other one? Don't matter, and then Sauci Fauci right, oh cheez, who is guilty of millions of deaths? Anyway, Not to get away from the main point, anyway, I've heard a couple of people respond differently than me, and I just I don't think you. I don't know if you've answered this question specifically, if you were president of the United States, would you let your and your son committed crimes like Hunter Biden did? Hunter Biden committed crimes, he pled guilty to crimes he signed, He made a deal. He wrote about it in his book. He's as guilty as guilty can be over a couple of things. Would you let your kid go to jail for not that long, probably to serve out the sentence he agreed to, or would you pardon him? What would you do? Joe Getty.
Speaker 6: Paul, Yeah, It so depends on the circumstances and his life trajectory. I think I would be at the very least extremely tempted to pardon him for the specific offenses for which he was convicted, or commute the sentences or something like that and say, look, I'm a daddy, straightened himself out.
Speaker 2: I love him.
Speaker 6: I can't leave office. I've got a magic wand I'm going to use it. I don't The answer is, I don't know, but I'm not eliminating that I would never, ever, ever, ever issue a blanket pardon for anything he might conceivably have done during an eleven year period. I find that obscene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess the argument would be, you you think the Trump administration is evil and into law fair and they're going to ruin him financially and be nitpicking at him for years to come.
Speaker 6: And but yeah, I get that, you know, at the risk of repeating my screitive earlier, but to put to give a license for lawlessness over a long period of time to any human being is utterly on American It's unthinkable.
Speaker 2: I was surprised.
Speaker 1: I was listening to a couple of podcasts where several moms and dad said Vice President I would not pardon my son he committed those crimes. I'm the president of the United States. I have to set a standard of you know, you do the crime, you do the time. No one's above the law.
Speaker 2: It's part.
Speaker 1: It comes with the territory. Sure it sucks for my kid, and I could get him out, but that's the more important thing. Is a country. You took the oath of office. You're president of the damn United States. You know the buck stops here.
Speaker 2: Show it. I get that argument.
Speaker 1: It gets me kind of fucked up, except for if I was actually sitting there on January nineteenth, then my son was about to go to prison.
Speaker 6: Yeah, as a conservative talk show host saying that boldly and confidently is a better move on the air or on a podcast, I believe it. Oh yeah, oh yeah, Yeah, I'm not. I'm not claiming that that's the only reason somebody would say that. I get it in principle. But if I think about my own kid having screwed up and I'm leaving office, I've got to admit I would at least think about it. But I would and listen. I if I perceived that there was some sort of injustice at work, I would not only for political cover, but because it's morally right, I would say, and therefore I am advocating the passage of the Justice for the Unjustly Convicted Act, or a program to help people in a similar spot or something like that. Just single out my son and say no, he gets a get out of jail free pass.
Speaker 2: The rest of you scumbags don't. That's just that's terrible.
Speaker 1: Quite the heated argument in Congress yesterday with a Republican congressman yelling at a Secret Service dute got hot, you play that for you?
Speaker 2: Among other things on the way stay here.
Speaker 1: We caught the tail end of this yesterday while we were on the air, and it just happened. They're having a grilling in Congress about the assassination near successes with Donald Trump and grilling secret Service people. I'm trying to figure out how to make it better, although most hearings aren't about making things better, they're about getting on TV in your local district.
Speaker 2: They were not Grill and Jack. They were not chilling during the grilling. They were not.
Speaker 6: There was more yelling than when Janet walked it.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of people he bellowing at each other.
Speaker 1: So this is a Texas Texas, Texas Republican congress person ripping into a secret.
Speaker 2: Service the acting head of the Secret Service representative there at the ring. And here's how it sounded, special agent in charge of the detail.
Speaker 7: Were you the special agent in charge of the detail that day? Actually, let me address this? Could you please staff?
Speaker 8: Leave?
Speaker 7: No leave that went up with the circle around me? Thank you? So, Actually, congressman, what you're not seeing is the sack of the detail off out of the pictures view. And that is the day where we remember the more than three thousand people that have died on nine to eleven. I actually responded to ground zero. I was there going through the ashes of the World Trade Center. I was there at fresh Kills.
Speaker 3: I'm not asking you that agenthow respect die? I do not know that you're trying to be do that invoke nine eleven for political purposes? Not I'm invoking this war, sir, ask him?
Speaker 4: And don't mean.
Speaker 3: I'm luckive member of Congress and I'm asking you a serious question, and you were I am a public servant who has served this nation. And you won't time questions on our day, on our country dorklessness. Committee will commit will come to or asking you serious questions for the American people, and they're very simple, they're not true questions. Were you the special agent in charge that I wasn't? I was there representing mister not effect protective?
Speaker 2: What you were in the expired because you want.
Speaker 3: To be visible, because you aren't listening for this for a fond member of this agency, you Fressman, vice President Life, because you are putting you put those agents out of position, mister radio, mister ball, what happened, sir?
Speaker 7: And you were out of line?
Speaker 2: That's pretty jesz. Good lord, that's pretty jesz.
Speaker 1: How did they end up barking about nine to eleven over whether or not Trump got his head blown off?
Speaker 6: And this is why I'm just not that into this. Although it was a fine example of two men at each.
Speaker 2: Other, it was a very good example of that if you're a fan of the genre.
Speaker 6: The congressman was accusing Ronald Rowe, who was the acting head of the Social Security, of big service Secret Service. Yeah, I'm sorry, Secret Services, the other ss, well, the other other sss, of big footing, which is a term only people in Washington, DC use, of getting his way into the picture with the really powerful people for political purposes. He's auditioning for the permanent job as head of the Secret Service, and that somehow him forcing his way into that small group by the president decreased the security around the president because maybe he took the place of an actual working Secret Service agent because he really wanted to be in the picture and the other guy and the Secret Service guy. And if I'm wrong on this, I'm wrong, and I'll admit it. My simp these lie with him. He's saying, no, I was there representing the Secret Service at the nine to eleven memorial because a bunch of guys died on nine to eleven.
Speaker 2: That's why I was there.
Speaker 6: You were big footing, you were auditioning.
Speaker 2: For the job.
Speaker 1: So the congressman's trying to make the argument that you should never rise up or be in charge of the Secret Service because you've already demonstrated that you're more concerned with the politics of things than the protecting the protect Indeed, that was his Yeah, the greater point ycually got a scream it you can't say it well.
Speaker 6: And this is the new guy who came on after the debicle of the assassination attempt.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 6: I just again, really good grown men bellowing at each other. But in terms of significance, I just don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I got us any closer to figuring out how the hell somebody ends up on a roof with a rifle pointed at the president that close and ironically, everybody was at the hearing says until that moment it was actually very productive by partisan God dang it, that kind of derailed it, right, and then that's the only thing anybody hears about the hearing.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: Oh, we got to play maybe one of our clips of the year. We haven't played it for a while. We've gotta play that. That's coming up, Stay to.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 9: Spotify is releasing its annual Wrapped playlists, where they recap your streaming habits for the year, and once again, the number one most streamed artist globally was Taylor Swift's.
Speaker 2: No, no, that's no surprise.
Speaker 9: There's no surprise She's topping every list at this point. She was just named number one kitchen tile installer in the Tri State area.
Speaker 2: Taylor's version. Yeah, those.
Speaker 1: What I would like to know is her being the number one streamer on Spotify. How much money that actually put in her pocket because it'd be a shockingly small amount of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, where you've got to achieve super duper stardom to really make anything.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if you can according to various stars that I like talking about how I had a million plays last month and made a dollar and a half, you know that sort of thing. It's it's quite amazing. We do have some breaking news. The jury in the trial of Daniel Penny told the judge they could not come to unanimous decision on the top charge of manslaughter. Are you you're up to date on this more or less on many? Okay, So maybe we'll talk about that in a little bit. I want to get this clip on. Wanted to get it on every hour. I think this should be in the finalist for Clip of the Year, even though it's not funny or the kind of stuff we usually do, just because I think it's important. This is the Speaker of the House, third in line to the President yesterday.
Speaker 8: Government uh is too big, it does too many things, and it does almost nothing well, and the taxpayers deserve better.
Speaker 1: It's short, it's pithy, but what's the last time you heard somebody at that level say that play it again, Michael.
Speaker 8: Government is too big, it does too many things, and it does almost nothing well and rock taxpayers deserve better.
Speaker 6: Right, Let's just start from there. You have different priorities than me. Okay, let's talk about it. But let's all never forget what we have just heard because it is undeniable. And I know we talked about this yesterday.
Speaker 1: But the way to sell it to the left is you want your programs for the trans bathrooms, are the homeless or whatever. This is where you get your money. Yeah, by not wasting it on other crapper dup, we'll get.
Speaker 6: Programs or whatever or stuff that was started forty years ago, didn't work as an intended never has worked, but just keeps growing its budget for some reason.
Speaker 2: Get rid of that stuff. You got plenty of money. A couple other little things before we get to the trial.
Speaker 1: Josh crush Hour, writing in Axios yesterday, I thought this was interesting. Behind the curtain Biden's haunting Twin Sins Joe Biden, age eighty one, will limp away from the limelight. Widely disliked by the public and now loathed by many Democrats who blame him for the twin sins of selfishness, running again and then pardoning Hunter after saying you wouldn't right. Biden's going to limp away from the White House, disliked by everyone, including top Democrats. Yip, I would like to go back to twenty nineteen.
Speaker 6: I guess it would be when it was looking like Joe Biden might be the nominee and we were talking about who he is, his political weakness, his character, his history of lies and exaggerations and the rest of it, and how he's always been kind of a mediocrity and a hack and a backslapper. I don't think anything that's happened in the last four to five years has changed a syllable of that in my head.
Speaker 2: I might be more adamant about it, but he was what he's always been.
Speaker 6: He was the adult in the room, the man of character, the wise elder statesman, the steady hand.
Speaker 2: That was all invented. He ought to be on that Mount Rushmore. That was a crazy invention.
Speaker 6: My word as a Biden, right, your word's worth nothing, you lie constantly, you're half a nutcase.
Speaker 2: Then go meanwhile a mobster.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, in the Middle East, did you see the statue of old man a sad come down in Hama, Syria.
Speaker 2: That was something.
Speaker 1: So the current dictator, evil devil, human being, Asad his dad. This is the way it works in dictator ships or kingdom sometimes was also the dictator and a horribly violent man, and once went into this village of Hama and slaughtered most people, believe forty thousand people, mostly fighting age males, because the city had rose up risen up against him. Slaughtered forty thousand people in like the most brutal Middle Ages sort of way you possibly can. Well, enough of the rebels have taken over enough of Syria. Now they went into that very town and took down that guy's statue. But that had to be a feeling for them. Doesn't mean they're gonna win.
Speaker 2: The day you got to start for her, that they should.
Speaker 6: It's all about Sheites and Sunnies and Alloites. It's all sect sectarian divisions and who's going to be in charge and which of the powers Russia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, US who backs home.
Speaker 1: So Taylor Lorenz is no longer a columnist for The New York Times or the Washington Post, but she once was for two of the most important newspapers in the world, and The kind of person she is has been laid out in the last several days. She's the one who said raw dogging the air and got all up said about COVID protocols in a weird way. But she's big on the whole CEO of United Healthcare getting gunned down, and she put out a Corota column yesterday. Yes we want insurance executives dead. Wow, she said, No, that doesn't mean people should murder them. But if you've watched a loved one suffer and die from insurance denial, it's normal to wish the people responsible would suffer the same fate. Happy to see the CEO of United Healthcare gunned down in the street.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know this is.
Speaker 6: And I wanted to talk about this and I can't believe we've gotten this far without it coming up. The more you dig into and I haven't read the book. That is the basis or really the reflection of a saying a slogan that people who look into this, study, this, fight this are fully aware of. That's delay, deny, defend, that's the way the healthcare companies, the insurance companies save money, including in my opinion and those of many others, perfectly legitimate claims. If you have a thousand legitimate claims and you deny, say five hundred of them, and then you delay until people get tired of they get other treatment, or they pay for themselves, or they forget about, or they die, and then when it goes sideways, you defend those few cases that you will save money even though you have put people through hell trying to get what they have been paying for. That if it results in the death of a loved one, would fill you with murderous rage.
Speaker 2: Most people don't know this. I didn't know this.
Speaker 1: Until our friend Craig, the healthcare genius, let me know.
Speaker 2: If you will me.
Speaker 6: Say this, just very briefly, but that doesn't mean you get to murder anybody. You have to find another way.
Speaker 1: That should go without saying, but I'm glad you said it. Well, it doesn't go without saying. In Taylor Lorenz world, apparently, if you get turned down, if you work for a big company and you get turned down, it wasn't the insurance company that turned you down. It was the company that you work for. The company that you work for, if you work for a big company, is the one that calls the shots. They hide it behind the healthcare company because the health care companies are giant and impossible to take on and they're used to being hated. Your company doesn't want you to hate them if you work for a really big company.
Speaker 2: But they're the ones that make the decisions. And I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: And Craig says, most people have no idea that that's who they're talking to, their own company that they work for a lot of the times. So I don't know if that's your situation where you are, but it's very possible.
Speaker 2: He is. A lot of it is self insurance.
Speaker 6: They use the healthcare provider, yeah, because they have the the mechaiic work to process stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, but the decisions on that stuff is being made by your own company. And so that's pretty interesting aspect of the whole thing.
Speaker 2: That very few people are aware of.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and again, you can't murder people the laws of God and man forbid it. Decency forbids it. But I have a very strong feeling when the facts of this perpetrator situation come out, there is going to be a lot of sympathy. I saw it interestingly on Twitter, which is so interesting.
Speaker 2: It is all these things at once.
Speaker 6: Is it is great source for breaking news, really interesting perspectives. You get information you never would have found on your own, and it's a cesspool of hate and.
Speaker 2: Division and lies.
Speaker 6: People being sympathetic towards the shooter saying good the guy got what he wanted. Was being portrayed as a right versus left thing, which I thought was interesting and I don't think really fits. But our healthcare system, insurance system, everything in the US is so screwed up. It is so monumentally unjust and expensive and abusive and stupid. It's I don't even want to talk about it.
Speaker 1: So I want to ask you about the Daniel Penny trial right after this and the breaking news around that. I know one thing that I'm eating this weekend. I'm grilling up some of those filet mignons with the little bacon around them from Omaha Steaks. Those are so really really good steaks.
Speaker 6: Oh gimme guaranteed perfection in every single bite. Right now, you can save on forgettable gifts with fifty percent off site wide at Omaha Steaks, plus score an extra thirty dollars off at the promo code Armstrong.
Speaker 2: It is the perfect gift.
Speaker 6: The perfect gift for somebody who doesn't want more stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you've never they did's deliciousness.
Speaker 1: And if you've never done this before, the way they ship it to your house and this big styrofoam thing with the dry eyes and everything's in there and cold and will stakehold for a long time. It's not like you have to meet it at the ups guy or whatever and make sure you get Their shipping is fantastic.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and obviously they ship straight to the recipient, but from legendary stakes to mouthwatering desserts and much more. Say fifty percent off site wide right now for a limited time at Omaha Steaks dot com. Plus you good people get an extra thirty dollars off with the promo code Armstrong. I'm telling you, Dad, Grandpa, uncle, grandma, whoever likes steak Omaha Steaks dot com use that code Armstrong.
Speaker 2: Minimum purchase may apply. Maybe we ought to take a break in talk about it when we come back.
Speaker 1: Joe got fired up during the commercials on some breaking news around the Daniel Penny trial the other day.
Speaker 2: I haven't been following, but it's the.
Speaker 1: Guy who you know, there was a scary a scary guy in the subway and he wrestled the guy to the ground and.
Speaker 2: The guy died.
Speaker 1: And now he's being charged with, you know, all kinds of horrible crimes and could go to prison.
Speaker 2: And what's that going to do to.
Speaker 1: Decent citizens ever coming to someone's aid all across America if he ends up going to prison, right right? And the breaking news around the jury saying they can't come to a conclusion. So we've got some more on that.
Speaker 2: Stay here.
Speaker 1: So I'm out in the sales area the other day here at the radio station, and we got on the topic of buying stuff for Christmas, and somebody mentioned the Armstrong in Getty Store and how are they were going to get a fan of the show they know an Armstrong and get a sweatshirt. I think the Adida sweatshirt is really hot right now, but T shirt or whatever that.
Speaker 2: Is a pretty I mean, you know, you get certain, you got.
Speaker 1: People that you really care about, and it's very important you get him a good gift. Then there's people that you know you just got to get him something. You got to scratch it off the list. You know you like him enough. Whatever big the.
Speaker 6: Armstrung and Getty Superstore is great for both, perfect for that. Yes, either way, people are digging the classic stupid should hurt hot dogs are dogs?
Speaker 2: Cut the crap flying off the shelves.
Speaker 6: We got to say that more, folks, is people confront us in real life for the workplace with this crap that the postmodern lunatics are trying to shove down their throats.
Speaker 1: Cut the crap so that during the Daniel Penny trial came out and said they can't come to an agreement, a unanimous agreement on the biggest charge of manslaughter.
Speaker 2: You were fired up.
Speaker 1: I've heard a bunch of people fired up over the prosecution.
Speaker 2: Of this thing. Is what is going on here?
Speaker 6: Well, it's, first of all, it's Salvin Bragg's super progressive prosecutor's office in the gal who's heading up the prosecution of this case is a way left wing activist kook. And the fact that this is a white guy who was involved in the death of a black man is like the whole impetus for the case because in it's just there's not much there at all. The decedent that's the dead guy has dozens of arrests, many of them for assaulting people on subway. Oh my God, and Daniel Penny says, yeah, I stopped this guy from hurting people. And when I've let go, when the cops got there, he was dead.
Speaker 2: I didn't mean to. I mean, I don't know what he died of.
Speaker 1: If you're following this at all, I mean Penny laying on his back, holding him like in a headlock, trying to restrain the guy because he was obviously dangerous. And you know the difference between straining a guy and them dying would be difficult to tell in the midst of a fight.
Speaker 6: Right, So anyway, the jury says, no, we can't come to a verdict, So the judge is probably going to give him what's known as the uh what's the the the Allan charge, the Allan order, Allan charge, Yes, urging them to reach a unanimous verdict.
Speaker 2: It's important as you reach your verdict, and they'll.
Speaker 6: Go back in the room and say, I still think what I thought before he yelled at us, how about you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too?
Speaker 1: But so were their efforts to make it seem like it was a white guy killing a black guy because he's a racist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: There's all sorts of stuff, and the family is out there claiming that and all sorts of black people were on the subway car thanking Daniel Paddy for apprehending this guy and helping him restrain him.
Speaker 2: And the rest of it is it's it is a DEI.
Speaker 6: Blacks Lives matter fake whipping up racial hatred over well in a place where it does not belong.
Speaker 1: That was evident within the first couple of days of this happening, and that's what bothered me so much. I mean, the people in the subway car, including lots of black people, were like, thank god he was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's really troubling. Yeah.
Speaker 6: The only good news is that it appears that he will not be convicted anytime soon of manslaughter. This The next charge down is reckless homicide or something like that, negligent homicide, yeah, but criminally anyway, I suspect that the jury will remain hung as opposed to hanged. You can't hang a jury. The jury will remain hung, and the prosecutor's office BB being lefty radicals, may try to try him again.
Speaker 2: I hope not fout out.
Speaker 1: The New York Times editorial Board wrote a piece yesterday the Daniel Penny Penny trial. Alvin Bragg is a menace to our society and must go.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, the people of New York apparently don't feel the same way. Do you remember Susan Smith, the woman who killed her kids? You remember that. I don't want to get him into a lake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that ages ago. She was denied parole. The other day I got a lot of attention. This just came out.
Speaker 2: Kill her mom.
Speaker 1: Susan Smith was hoping to go on Dancing with the Stars if she was paroled this week, and his devastated that it didn't work out.
Speaker 2: Wow, well that would have been something.
Speaker 6: Oh speaking of famous women or infamous there are developments in the story of the excuse me hawk twug girl.
Speaker 1: See, I still don't know the story. I haven't looked into it. I feel like I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: Well, we've talked to but I've never watched the video where I just have never It won't gratify you in any way. That's what I thought. Don't bother, Okay, and I haven't.
Speaker 6: But so this girl is some webcast dude asks her a question about a sex act, and she simulates spitting on a man's anatomy, and it simulates the sound of it. And it catches on.
Speaker 1: My son anyway, my son wanted to dresses her for Halloween because his friends would have thought it was so funny.
Speaker 2: And I said, yes, they would have that's correct. And I said, no, you ain't.
Speaker 6: All right, let me go through this real quickly because I've got to get to the punchline. So the Internet loves a good meme, and when Hailey Welch, better known as the Haktua Girl, became in her own night sensation, no one could predict how far her meme would go. But as with many Internet phenomena, the journey from meme to meme coin was both swift and surprising. So her fame began with a simple, candid moment on a video which I have described celebrities. Everybody was talking about it, parodying it, laughing about it within moments, As the Internet does, so, Hailey Welch wasted no time turning her viral fame into a thriving business. She earned an impressive sixty five thousand dollars through a partnership with a clothing line she did not.
Speaker 2: Yes, she did.
Speaker 6: She also started accepting exclusive party invitations, raking it up to thirty thousand per night.
Speaker 2: Just to make an appearance at parties.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, you better go to eight parties that week because this is not gonna last long.
Speaker 2: She also signed with a music management company.
Speaker 1: See I'm horrified and understand the same. If I'm a rich guy and this is two days after she's gone viral and I'm having a party on a Friday night. What is more hilarious than ladies and gentlemen? The Hawk to a girl? I have not gotten to the good part. Her rise to internet fame.
Speaker 6: Has brought high profile collaborations, including with Jake Paul, who is promoting her brand to a large audience. N he was somewhat involved in crypto. Even Mark Cuban, a big name in the cryptocurrency world, got involved with her meme coin project.
Speaker 2: So she now has a.
Speaker 6: Like a cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Now the hawkt a coin or what's it called? I can't find it here, So it's like Trump shoes, it's a hawk to a coin.
Speaker 6: Well, she's trying to get a cryptocurrency, going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 6: But what happened next was pure chaos. Taking the hype and drama to her new level. The hawk coin launched and rapidly hit a five hundred million dollar market cap within minutes, only to crash and lose ninety five percent of its value in the next five minutes.
Speaker 1: So the whole thing lasted like seven minutes.
Speaker 6: Yes, I hope you didn't lose your family fortune in the Hawk to a coin, A wise investor
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty