Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: Live from San Francisco. I'm a sports byline broadcasting network. You are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with your hosts, Brian Alvarez and Mike Semper vv.
Speaker 3: Right, you're ready, When you're ready.
Speaker 2: Let's get it off.
Speaker 1: How's it going, everybody? Brian Albarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern Sunday three, Pacific six Eastern Saturday Mornings with Jim Valley ten and Pacific one Eastern Sundays with andrews Arian. And it is Thursday on the show. And you know what that means. I got a lot to talk about here today. Last night aw Dynamite, and boy was there some great wrestling on that show. There's four tournament mans and one of them was quick because they want to kind of give you the impression that a match can end at any time. But the rest of them were, I mean, they were great. So we'll talk about that here tonight. And we've got matches coming up for Saturday as well. We've got liners for SmackDown and Collision and pretty much everything coming up. Tomorrow's Final Battle. We've got the full lineup for that show. And when we come back from the break, obviously we got to talk about WWE Raw and WBD among other places that are negotiating with WWE, and there's a lot to the story. Dave's got a huge story up on the front page, which actually was originally going to be a cover story for an Observer, but there's no Observer this week, so you can read that for all of the latest. Also got updates on Jim Ross the NXT ratings from Tuesday. We're not going to give spoilers for the Rampaide Show. People getting mad about that, but there is definitely a match that apparently you have to see on the Rampage Show on Friday. And then of course we've got the world famous Dynamite Report all of the matches and angles, and there were angles on the show, all heading towards the World's end pay per view. So if you want to text us today four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six, that is forty five seven eight zero seven five sixty six f for w Online at gmail dot com as well as f for w online on threads, Instagram and cameo holiday season. I'm onto some cameos at Brian elbert Is on Twitter or x whatever the heck you want to call it back in the moment of zuverlighting, give the game, you will be will be again. Other con tweet on the cool cool.
Speaker 2: Morning, turn the days a slam.
Speaker 3: I'll say living ride is easy.
Speaker 4: President Biden recently released a massive six trillion dollar budget, the largest budget in US history. And guests, who pays the bill, that's right, you, the American taxpayer. American citizens and business owners will be paying more taxes, that's a fact. And if you owe back taxes, they will be coming after you to collect payments. In fact, President Biden also hired thousands more IRS agents to go after you. If you've got a letter from the IRS and you know you owe back taxes or you haven't filed in years, don't put your head in the sand. Call us today. We've saved our customers millions of tax dollars. One quick, free phone call will show you how we can reduce your pass tax bill and save you thousands guaranteed, or you pay nothing.
Speaker 5: Call now eight hundred nine four nine OO three nine eight hundred nine forty nine O three nine. That's eight hundred nine four nine zero zero thirty nine paid for by the tax helpline.
Speaker 6: Do you use the expensive blue or yellow pills to charge your sex life? Are you thinking about it? What if we can promise you the same results for less than three dollars a pill. If you're paying twenty dollars a pill for the other pills you're getting taken to the cleaners. Our pills deliver the exact same results for less than three dollars. You'll save more than sixteen dollars a pill for the same results. And right now Radio Collars will get forty four blue or yellow pills for one hundred and twenty bucks. With free discrete shipping, you can save more than seven hundred dollars off pharmacy prices. Charge your sex life now and save a ton of money. Call now and get your forty four pills and save over seven hundred dollars and qualify for free shipping. Stop overpaying and call right now.
Speaker 5: Pay four by steel Man pills eight hundred nine sixty five one two nine five eight hundred nine sixty five one two nine five eight hundred nine sixty five one two nine five. That's eight hundred ninety six five ninety five.
Speaker 3: Life insurance is one of those things that just about everybody needs, but few people actually have. Hey, if you die unexpectedly without life insurance, guess what you'll leave your family with even a bigger mess. Life insurance will help replace your family's income. It'll help cover burial expenses. Life insurance can even help payoff debt like credit cards and medical bills. Life insurance can even pay for college. And if you own a business and you die, life insurance can help your business from collapsing.
Speaker 7: It can even help cover estate taxes.
Speaker 3: Life insurance has never been more affordable and needed. Plus, you can always shop around even if you have a plan and save some money. So call the life insurance quote lined right now for free pricing information.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred nine one five nine six five four eight hundred nine one five nine six five four eight hundred nine one five nine six five four. That's eight hundred nine one five four For.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 2: Are listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Albarez and Mike SIMPERBB on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Are the show Brian Albarez here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike Simper VB also of Wrestling Observer dot com. Lots of news to get into here today. There's a giant article on the front page of Wrestling Observer dot com, which is noted originally was going to be a cover story in The Observer, but no new Observer this week, so it's going up here, and it's all about.
Speaker 8: Raw.
Speaker 1: Where is raw going? The WWE wrights renewals and the a w rights renewals will end up being the two most important prossing stories of the next year, Dave writes. From the start, Analyston believed NBC, which would be USA Network, Disney which would be FX, Amazon Prime, and WBD we're all potential suitors for the show that starts its thirty second year in a few weeks. WBD, due to its affiliation with aw was always considered a long shot. Word going around was AWBD was no longer in the game. As of October, Cmpunk's signing with Open Doors up since endeavors. Mark Shapiro, along with Nick con and Paul Leveck had a meeting with WBD on Monday morning. What report we had was a PUNK was a major part of the pitch id he'd be a regular on the Raw brand report. We had included pushing his merchandise sales, social media views along with ratings of recent shows. Obviously, the situation is back wide open. This greatly effects AW, which is also been in talks with WBD a number of deals besides just television rights renewals, including potential streaming. WBD gets a cut of aw streaming pay per view through Bleacher Report. While never acknowledge, there is the belief WBD owns points in aw Dony Khon never denied it when asked, only saying that he has one hundred percent of the voting and decision making power. Now, we just talked earlier in the week the WWE mlw antitrust lawsuit was settled, and given that there was a lawsuit, given that it was settled, I mean, on the surface, it would seem just wild the idea that WWE would try to get Raw on WBD as a way to get AW off WBD. Okay, Now, some things have changed in the sense that the Vince McMahon and the Vince McMahon family do not own WWE anymore. Endeavor does, and when Vince was in charge. Vince was very specific about, you know, there have to be we have to have an exclusive. We could be the only pro wrestling program on USA, for example. And in fact, the irony is the whole reason that UFC is where it is today is because how long would it be? Fifteen almost twenty years ago, UFC decided that they wanted to do this reality show, The Ultimate Fighter, and it was going to be on the USA network or was it was it Spike then they might have been spikeing with Spike, So they were gonna put on Spike and they had to have Vince McMahon. Okay, this because Vince had an exclusive, and Vince could have very easily said that ain't gonna happen, and had he said that, I mean, we may not even have UFC today, it maybe like, you know, we'd be watching Pride shows or something I don't know in Japan but not here. But for whatever reason, Vince was like, all right, you can put it after Raw, no big deal, And that was the beginning of the explosion of UFC, which has continued to this day and it actually has now led to UFC and WWE basically merging as TKO. So that's ironic. But anyway, since Endeavor took over, well, now you know UFC PFL, they have no problem with PFL also being on ESPN or whatever channel UFC will be on, So I don't. I mean the belief is, and actually we kind of know this. Actually the CW deal with NXT that is not an exclusive. So the NWA, you know, they've got a show on CW streaming, and who knows, they may end up with a show on CW proper. So basically what I'm saying here is if RAW goes to TBSTNT or a different WBD property, like, that's not a guarantee that they would not also negotiate with AW. Now the problem is if WWE, if RAW goes to WBD, an exclusive may be irrelevant because if they pay four hundred million dollars for the rights for RAW, do they have any money left over to offer AW eighty million dollars or whatever it would take to keep AAW. So you know, whether there's an exclusive or not, WWE going to TBS or TNT that could absolutely have serious ramifications on AW in terms of they may not be able to get on WBD for this next deal and their deals coming up within a year, so obviously you know there would be other options for which to shop around, aw you. But that's the update. There are still discussions. And my guess is that you know, my wild prediction is, what's that I'm going on vacation next week, having to be gone the entire week. It is surely going to happen at some point next week when I am gone, That's my prediction.
Speaker 7: Will you be sitting in green sand here?
Speaker 1: There isn't any probably not.
Speaker 9: Dave exposed what Rocky was on, didn't he? But you know, I gotta say, and I hate to be a dour presence here, but you say there's other options for aw boy, I'll tell you what if WWE were and I don't think that they will, but if they were to get on WBD. The problem with AEW is every suitor that wanted professional wrestling, that was open to professional wrestling, NBC Universal, WBD, they'll already have it CW. They are already gonna have that. You've already talked with CW and you said no to them before, so you know it's going to be tough to go back a second time around at that point. What that does to you is you have to use every tool at your disposal to try to open up Paramount and CBS and Showtime maybe to be interested. However that conglomerate works at this point to maybe try to get on there and maybe they can host your streaming service. Paramounts got really not a whole lot.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 9: The AW library might look pretty good on there, but from there it's Amazon Prime. They'll pay you. But again there's a concern, at least in my eyes, over whether that's a good move or not. I worry about it for WWE visibility wise and interest wise. I worry about it even more when it comes to AW. So it's going to be really again, I don't think it's going to happen, But say that were to happen and they go with WWE and the other money they're spending is on the NBA, it's gonna be a tough road to hoe. And I don't want to be the secondary. I don't want to be on Discovery, where all those executives in that side of things already hates me anyway. I don't want to be on True TV. Nobody takes True TV seriously anyway. And then if WWE's on one. That's where you're gonna get moved to. Because I tell you what, Raw ain't gonna be on True TV, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: You know, DJ says before anyone panics, WBD paying that much for one show is deeply unlikely. Well, it may be the idea of three hundred and eighty to four hundred million for Raw. Perhaps that is unlikely. But you know the question is, okay, well, could they afford three twenty and would WWE accept three twenty as opposed to three eighty or four hundred if they felt that, Well, we ain't gonna make what we wanted. But you know what, that may handle that aw problem. I don't know this Nick conn this guy. Let me tell you this guy. Yeah, and we'll know a lot more here soon.
Speaker 9: And I left Disney FX out of that conversation when he came to Tony Kahn because I believe and I got look, and I could be dead ass wrong here. I gotta believe that if Disney FX doesn't have WWWE, they the relationship that they have with ESPN, WWE does.
Speaker 7: I don't think they're gonna want to screw that up.
Speaker 9: And I don't think that ESPN and Disney will necessarily care if they don't have any wrestling on, considering they haven't already, so I don't know it'll be interesting, although again FX could definitely use something to jumpstart him a little bit, and aw's numbers could do that.
Speaker 1: I get on with more Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper Vivi on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: Hey, sticky to the top of my Twitter at Brian Albarez is a link to the Whale Scout guest host auction. If you'd like to guest co host this show, Filthy for Daily, or any of the Brian and Vinnie shows, well, you can bid right now. There's one day, four hours left. It ends Friday at four forty six pm exactly. This will be the first of four and it's.
Speaker 9: Wait wait whoah, four forty six pm exactly what time zone?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I didn't say, but anyway, it's at twelve seventy right now, which is bid now? Everybody, why wait till the last second? What's wrong with you?
Speaker 7: Because you're trying to win the bid.
Speaker 1: Twelve seventy five right now? Because in fact, whoever was the top bidder pulled their bid, So if you are asked, yeah, I don't know why that happened, but anyway, it's it's twelve seventy five. So if you'd like to bid, now's your chance. And if you don't win, there's gonna be three more and all proceeds go to Whale Scout, registered five to one C three nonprofit. You can write it off if you need another deduction here at the end of the year, I got a great one for you, and you're doing good work for the earth, and you can co host the show with me and Mike Hey, Army and Vinnie, Armie and Tom Hey. Not sure why you wanted to don, but so yeah, there's the uh, there's the update.
Speaker 7: Cool.
Speaker 9: You know what's sticky to the top of my Twitter page there Don Morocco telling you my philosophy on life. So everybody go to add semper vv on your Twitter. X.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk about a little bit more here. We got other news to get into. Jim Ross gave a health update, hoping to be back by World's end December thirtieth. Still has some health issues to address, says he's taken a date at a time. I feel great. My leg hurts all that stuff. That's nothing new. It's an open wound. It's been open for over a year, which is not good, he said. The suspected reason the leg hasn't healed is due to having high blood sugar levels. He has been taking insolent injections. Recently his levels have come down considerably. The medicines are working. Mentally, feels like he's back in the hunt. No idea what the future is at aw has no clue, very frank about it. He's not worried about it. My work should stand on its own after fifty years, he says.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I worry too much, so, he said. He hoped to be back by World's End, which is on the thirtieth, and we're starting to get a card for World's End. We'll get to a little bit later as we do the The Dynamite Report World Famous A world famous dynamite Report, by the way, as noted earlier, no spoilers, but there is a top flight Darius Dante and Action Andretti versus Penta Commander and the Kingo main event on Friday night that man I was told that like it was unbelievable. And keep in mind, keep in mind this is from people that saw the rest of Dynamite last night. So if you saw like the Moxley Swerve match and that Mark Brisco match, I mean, there were so many great matches on Dynamite, but this is the one that people were like, you must see this match. So anyway, said to be out of this world. So main events, they do moves, lots of them. Oh they'll do moves, all right, hope that's another spoiler. They will definitely do moves. And then of course, also on Friday is the Final Battle Show Athena versus Billy Starks and that's the actual Billy Starks and not Big Bill and Ricky Starks. We have the Survival of the Fittest six Way with Dalton Castle Commander, Lee Moriarty, Lee Johnson, Kyle Fletcher and a TBD. We have a Kingo versus Black Ta Ruse for the Mega Championship just announced, Keith Lee versus Shane Taylor, Ethan Page faces Tony Neison and I Quit Match. And we've got John Moxley, Claudio and Brian Danilson versus FTR and Mark Brisco. Last Check twenty two hundred tickets out. It might be let's see if we've got an update on that. Actually, all right, it's a final battle Friday night Honor Club. Let's see if Russell Ticks is updated. It's always fun to just do this on the air.
Speaker 7: Absolutely no up. Fantastic Riveting Radio, the Curtis cole Well, the old Curtis cole Well, Garland, Texas. Yeah, thirty three.
Speaker 1: To ninety nine was the attendance for Winter Is Coming last night, so they didn't ad about two hudred and fifteen tickets since we announced everything yesterday. So that is the update. And then Friday we've got SmackDown, the Return of Roman Reigns, Kevin Owens, Austin Theory and Grayson Waller and Carmelo Hayes gets his shot in the US Title Contenders Tournament Collision. On Saturday, Daniel Garcia Eddie Kingston. Eddie Kingston must win over Daniel Garcia. Here Brian Danielson will face Brody king And then we've got Claudio versus andrawde Monday's Raw Damian Priest and Finn Baler versus, Julius and Brutus. You're getting your tag team title match. That day, and also your women's tag team title match, which is Chelsea and Piper versus Katana Chance and Caden Carter what or both I believe will be tag team title changes.
Speaker 9: Oh, they're gonna do double team gymnastics moves everybody. It's gonna be really exciting. And then we've got a badly like coordinated for show. I'm sorry, I don't see every time.
Speaker 1: Mike, my god, you're the one.
Speaker 7: You're the one guy. I'm sorry the Jesus.
Speaker 9: By the way, I did like when you said when he went into it was not NXT. How you said it with Dave, it sounded like you said Sonata NXT and like that's the worst way I think you could insult in a next show by saying it was a Sonata NXT.
Speaker 7: Wow you like that guy?
Speaker 1: Wow? I don't. I don't dislike Sonata. He's just fine. He's fine.
Speaker 7: He's missing mister average.
Speaker 1: He basically is mister average. He can have well above average matches, that's it. Yeah, But like other than that, he's mister average. He's the look when they it's literally just a guy. That's his gimmick.
Speaker 9: When they talk about tangibles, when they have that it's blank, that's who they introduce these guys. It's like these really aren't intangibles, Like the intangibles are the things that you know guys like Unfortunately Sonata are missing. A lot of people believe that about Jay Lethal, another guy that I like that, a lot of people just don't, like, can't believe. No one doesn't like, oh you look Jay Lethal, Jeff Jarrett. There's a lot of people who over the years.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, whoever said is Sonata in New Japan's miss please? I mean, come on now, that's that's that's ridiculous, Come on, ridiculous.
Speaker 9: Ms never had an awesome main like a Sonata had when he had the beard and the hair and he looked incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the other thing too, like he his his new generic look. It's like, bro, what are you doing? Like you had something that's stuck out for a while there, like the only thing, but then you just got.
Speaker 10: Rid of it.
Speaker 9: The just five guys stable, it's like they were going to be presented as like this older group of gentlemen essentially is what they were until they just recently introduced Yuwu Mura into their camp. But like that was fine to do the change and give him the belt. But it's like, Okay, this is a big sinker swim for him career wise because his legacy kind of like rests on this. Can he get into the Naiato and Knakamura in Tanahashi level or is he always going to be right here? And unfortunately for him, with the way this title reign went, he's always going to be right here.
Speaker 1: Then we have the the ratings for the NXT show six seventy eight, up eight percent from the previous week. Largest audience is November fourteenth, why point eighteen and eighteen to forty nine, which was down five point three percent lois since August twenty ninth, and this was the fallout from the deadline show.
Speaker 7: So yeah, this show really hurt you, didn't it last couple weeks did?
Speaker 1: And then you know, you know what makes me the most angry is is I hate being accused. I got really mad at that guy yesterday because he's telling me that every NXT show sucks, which it doesn't, okay, but yesterday it was like, yeah, I thought the show sucked. I thought yesterday's NXT was bad. Then I had people going, oh, you hate NXT what that's what they said to me, you hate.
Speaker 7: They listened to this show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they listened to any other show. That's what's so annoying about it. It's like I'm the last person to ever be accused of hating NXT, literally the last on the planet Earth. What I'm trying to do is I'm trying to, like, you know, tell you what's good and what's bad, and be it and do it in like a like you know, an honest, forthright way and entertaining. And sometimes I think the show is excellent. Sometimes I think the show is good, and sometimes I think the show sucks. It would be here. Here's the thing. I don't care what you think about me credibility wise. I like to have credibility. If I sat here and I told you that every NXT was awesome, I would have no credibility. And the reason I got mad yesterday is because that guy trying to tell me that every NXT is terrible, which now you have no credibility. So sometimes they're good, sometimes they're bad, and sometimes they're great. This Tuesday was bad. It was a bad show, And I don't feel like I should be a bad person for telling you it was a bad show. When it's a good show. I'll tell you believe me.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you nobody said that you were a bad person. Brian.
Speaker 1: Anytime anyone says anything negative about me, they'll call me a bad person. I take it deep in my chest, especially when talking about NXT. By the way, next week's NXT.
Speaker 9: Dragon, Ly, do you feel deep in your chest? You better check and see if one of the girls of family members scratched you up.
Speaker 1: Drew Goolac's groups called the No Quarter Catch Crew. I think we've talked enough back in the mole with a dynamite report Deserver.
Speaker 10: Life Jim Gaffigan Hare with some more straight talk moment to appreciate our sweet children, loving grandparents and eternal soulmates. Now let's use them. They saved money on wireless because with a Spray Talksilver plan you get four lines for just twenty five dollars a.
Speaker 1: Month with unlimited data and no contracts.
Speaker 10: So add those human pawns, I mean loved ones and save money. Thanks, gads are friendly, worth it. Straight talk wireless available at Walmart.
Speaker 11: Get four lines on Silver and limited for twenty five dollars per line per month, plus taxes and fees for data management practices and additional terms.
Speaker 2: Visit straight talk dot com.
Speaker 8: Has someone in your family lost a job recently and now you can't afford your mortgage payment, or do you have a rental property and your tenants aren't paying you. Quick Cash Offer can come to the rescue and pay you cash for your home immediately. Yes, sell your home and get cash all over the phone, without dealing with real estate agents and risking your safety by showing your home to lukewarm buyers. You don't need to lose your home to foreclosure. If you have any equity in your home, we will buy it and give you cash within days, all in as simple over the phone and virtual process.
Speaker 4: Call Quick Cash Offer now before the.
Speaker 8: Economy gets worse. Sell a home you can't afford or just don't want to get the cash you need today.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred seven eight eight one four ninety five eight hundred seven eight eight one four nine five eight hundred seven eight eight one four ninety five. That's eight hundred seven eight eight fourteen ninety five.
Speaker 4: One out of two Americans thinks their life is worthy of a book. Here's another startling stat You may be one of the fifteen percent of people who bothered to start your book and one of this six percent that got halfway through it, but your gem of an idea likely died or did it. Some published authors are making significant money, so join the ranks of the successful people that finish their books with help from Dorance Publishing. Call right now and are experienced editors and writers will explain to you what it's going to take to get your book completely written, published and then taken to market to sell it. It's a free consultation, so call right now find out how much time and money it takes to finally get that book idea of yours published. Make your dreams happen. Call Duran's Publishing right now.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred four eight five six thousand three eight hundred four eight five six thousand three eight hundred four eight five six thousand three. That's eight hundred four eight five six zero zero three.
Speaker 11: Are you looking for a guilt free holiday season? Check out one hundred calsnacks dot com. With one hundred percent natural ingredients and no sugar added. These snacks are low in carbs, but high in protein and fiber, and absolutely delicious.
Speaker 7: You'll get a kick out of.
Speaker 11: The chocolate brownies with ashwaganda and use code No Guilt for twenty five percent off your order. That's the number one hundred calsnacks dot com. Get the energy boost you need with a potent dose of superfood for just one hundred calories. That's one hundred calsnacks dot com.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simper VV on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: In the show, Brian Elvarez here Wrestling Observer Live, Mike simper vv also Wrestling Observer dot com. It is time for the world famous Dynamite Report, and this is one of these shows it shouldn't take longer review because it's really just wrestling, like a lot of angles or anything like that. But it did open up with Samoa Joe coming up, coming out, and he talked about MGF getting beaten up last week and are you ready for my most intense criticism of this show. M One of the reasons that people like AW especially the beginning, was because they did not do the things that irritated people about WWE. Okay, and I think some people are just they can't help themselves now. But when Simoe Joe came out, and he was upset that MGF got beaten up because this might jeopardize his quote championship opportunity. It's like, God, help me, just say title shot. I'm begging you. So anyway, with that out of the way, he said, a bottle got busted over Mgf's head. It was a band of beer that a certain cowboy liked to drink, and when he went looking, a certain Hangman was missing. So Hangman comes out. He says, listen, if you want to say something to me, just say to my face. And if you think it's me, if you think I care about the devil, you're wrong. I don't care about this romance laser tag, who done it? Anything? You want to do something about it, let's go. So then Roderick Strong comes out and he says, Joe, you should listen to this young boy. Hangman page my young boy. He says, look at what's happening here. Jay White won a world title match. He got attacked, acclaimed lost to match for Max. They got attacked. Then the goons attacked Max. But you know what, they didn't touch him. They didn't lay one hand on him. And we also never saw him physically touched when he got laid out last week. So he says, obviously, it's obvious the devil is MJF. And it started yelling at Hangman, it's a Hangman punched him and we got the opener, which was Rodert Strong and Hangman Page. Very very good match. Hangman like, man, this guy's I don't know if it was you know he lost that Texas Death Match or the Yeah Texas death Match, but man, this guy's over. He stomped this dude in the corner. He made his big comeback there going crazy, went for the moon Salt, missed, but he hit his sit out power bomb. Kingdom takes the ref Hangman takes them both out with the moon Salt to the outside, goes for the buckshot and gets countered. They go back and forth. Hangman hits him with the dead Eye, pins him. Excellent opener. Then we had the first of multiple tournament matches, Brody King versus Andrade. Excellent match, highlighted by the beginning as they grappled on the mat and Androtti Androde hitting Brody King with a side headlock takeover. I was howling and I'm not even sure that Brody wanted to go over because man Androtti yanked his neck to get that side headlock. Take over. Man, he got him.
Speaker 7: He's making sure he was going over eat a.
Speaker 1: Load chance and you know it is pretty impressive. This is Andrade given out. Absolutely Giganticky is now so finally they're brawling and they're fighting up on top and Androddi grabs him and he gives him a DDT onto the top of the corner post. He exposed corner post and then he gets a hammerlocked DT and he pins him. Excellent. Probably my second favorite man on the show, although I got to think about it. Then we add Renee with Kevin Ross and Marshall von Eric. Kevin says, man, I love this aw and he's interrupted by Dan Housen, Orange Cassidy and Trent and Ooren says, you know, guys, I got a match on rampage. I need two partners, and Dan Housen says, you're betraying us right in front of us, and Orange said, yeah, we're in Texas, and so Trent and Dan Housen say, I guess you're right. So Marshall and Ross agreed they will be teaming with Orange Cassidy on the Rampage show that is coming up this Friday that has been taped, but I will not give you spoilers for I will not give you spoilers. And I know when I say this, people are thinking that I'm giving a spoiler, but I actually don't know who won. But I'm still gonna say it like this. I won't give you spoilers as to who wins the match with the von Erics in Texas on Friday on Rampage.
Speaker 9: Iron Clall coming to theaters near you. Why it though, when people complain about the WWE style openings, and I can understand that that they don't look at a segment like that that was so goofy and dumb and just say the same thing that, well, we don't like copying what WWE it does with stupid comedy for interviews.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Don't look at me just asking this was better than every single women's backstage segment on NXT this week by Miles. Well, I will say that. Then we had Kenny and Jericho come out boy this segment, oh.
Speaker 9: Boy, yeah, speaking all right now, now we got one. I think we can all universally agree whether you're a WWE supporter, whether you like the long segments, whether you don't like the long segments, no matter what it is, you couldn't have liked this because it went on forever.
Speaker 1: And this did go on way too long. Oh but first, he's actually the most amazing. It was the most amazing thing. But I was pretty amazed. So they actually did Chris Jericho's entrance during the commercial, so you couldn't even hear the fans singing his song. So they come back commercial with these guys are just in the ring, and so Jericho says, you know, we got attacked a while ago by Big Bill and Ricky and dislocated my elbow and put him out for three weeks and kick Kenny in the face put him out, So get get your sorry behinds out here. So Bill and Ricky come out. Ricky says, I got no problems with you. Kenny, irresponsible for this place. But Jericho, I got nothing to thank you for. So that makes me question you, Kenny, why do you trust a guy like Chris Jericho. He screwed everybody. And Bill then says, look at everything he's done to you. If he turned on you today, he says, nobody would be surprised. Kenny says, we all know I don't trust this guy. So he says, let's talk about you're past Big Bill. You guys remember the firm. I don't either. I would say that firm angle with MGF was more like the flacid woo or right up something right up your alley soft that did get a pop. By the way, everything they got to pop in this had to do with WWE. I can't help but notice he says, listen when it comes to beat downs on the king of receiving them. So if you want to talk a big game, that's cool. On December thirtieth, Kenny Omega says, at World's End, prehaps the Winnipeg Jets. Oops, actually the Golden Jets. We're not the Winnipeg Jets. The Golden Jets, they're gonna take your titles. Ricky says, you're on. But before we get there, let me remind you of something back in January. He says, I beat you Chris Jericho on Dynamite and Big Bill. Big Bill interrupts me and he goes, actually you beat him twice. You beat him on pay per view as well. And Ricky seemed like he had no idea to be Chris Jerich on paper. He goes, I beached on paper for you too. He says, I've already done half the work. We're the best tag team of all time. We don't even have a name. And so Jericho says, well, I got some names for you, and he has one name that gets.
Speaker 7: Bleeped Fandango's style here he tried, and.
Speaker 1: The crowd's kind of dead, and he goes, all right, I can do better. He goes, how about the Rick and the uh, the Richard. He actually said Dick. That's another name for Richard. I don't know if you're aware of or not. But anyway, like that, like nobody popped except one guy, big Bill. He laughed at that one. He tried so hard not to laugh, but he got cracked. And so then Jericho says, well, how about you know, we we put your your names together, first names, and we'll have you guys can be big Billy Starks because as Dave noted, there's a wrestler or Billy Starks. Okay. So uh, Stars goes, eh, you know that one fell kind of flat, and so then Jericho says, well, you know, maybe it did fall flat, But let me tell you one thing. All you are Ricky is a better dressed, less charismatic version of Enzo Amore. That popped the crowd. They were like, oh man, that was a sick burn. And so then Stark said, well, you can make as many jokes as you want. I'm sick and tired of both of you. You want war, bring it, World's end. The title match is on, So there you go, Enzo reference, Enzo reference, Well.
Speaker 7: You can't beat that. Yeah, Ben, he.
Speaker 1: Already had a name for him. I don't know why Tony isn't like that one absolutely big.
Speaker 7: We had Rio and Ruby Soho wait till they turned baby face and they're in a inner gender six person tag with Billy Starks. What do you do?
Speaker 1: Then we had Ruby Soho and Rijo and crowd super loves Rijo's always she hit a Mediaora got the pin is good. Tonian commentary says, She'll never be able to do that to me. Then we had a wardlow video package Rush and Jay Lethal. This one was quick and the highlight, which to me was actually the low light, was Ruche tapped him out with I swear the worst sleeper I've ever seen. And it's funny because we were talking about you know, we were talking on the Tuesday show about you know those old angles in the territory days. We're like, you know, this guy went to seven countries and learned from the greatest sleeper hold practitioners in the world, six months of hard training to learn how to do the sleeper hold. I was like, I gotta teach sleeper hold in thirty secon thirty seconds. I can tea you got to do a choke sleeper and choke somebody out. But apparently that was wrong. Rouche needs to travel to multiple countries and uh talk to the spoiler whoever, because this was the worst sleeper I've ever seen in my whole life. He had his arm outside his own arm, not even like like everyone what. I was so mad, he was yelling at the screen.
Speaker 9: He's got an elastic Belton Brian, He's just starting out.
Speaker 1: Mark Briscoe and j White another excellent television match, gal Lee, this frickin' Mark Briscoe. Like we all know Jay White's great, but like you guys realize that Mark Briscoe has never never had anything less than a great match in aw name the last average match the guy had. You'll never find a bad one.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: He has had nothing less than excellent matches every as a single. So anyway, this was awesome.
Speaker 7: Lad Runner finish tournament. Well, Lee, he was great blowing it.
Speaker 9: They better have a story for him come out of this thing. I know they have one with Lethal and maybe their story's intertwined together since they have one match together. But man, for the reaction that he gets for what he is and what he does and his age at this point, come on, damn it.
Speaker 7: Do something with Mark.
Speaker 1: Then we had Swerve and John Moxley in the main event, and to my I mean, I still can't believe I'm reporting this. There was no blood what Swerve and John Moxley had their first This was their first ever match, I believe. I don't think they've ever been in the ring together, and neither of them bled. It was a miracle and they had an awesome match. And they're going back and forth, big moves, places, going crazy, and finally Swerve goes for the JML driver. Moxley rolls through and pulls the tights. Not only pulls the tights, he pulls so hard that shoulder comes up the refidency. He can't spin anyway, So they be Swerve, But man, they did everything. They could to protect this guy. And so now I try to tell you guys, twelve points for John Moxley. My prediction remains, he goes undefeated and it is him at Eddie Kingston at World's End and Eddie beats him to become the first triple Crown champion. That is my prediction. And then the show ended with the Devil's Crew beating up the Hangman. I've choke slammed him onto the hood, actually on the glass, the real.
Speaker 3: Glass of a car.
Speaker 1: Five guys, crimea river Back. In a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 2: You were listening to Wrestling Observer Live with Brian Alvarez and Mike simperviv on the Sports Byline Broadcasting Network.
Speaker 1: The show Brian Albarez here Wrestling Observer Alive. Mike simber vv also a Wrestling Observer dot Com. Well, that's it for the show today. That means I'm out of here. You guys aren't going to see me on Observer Live here for a little while. No, I don't know what Mike's got in store. I can only imagine, but.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm glad your emails got fixed in case you get a bunch with me hosting the show over the next week.
Speaker 1: Don't sink the ship. I got faith you and Vinnie and Garrett and Jim Valley will be my replacements over the next week. I will not say I'm not doing any shows and then do all of them like Dave did. I will not do that.
Speaker 7: You will not do one of them.
Speaker 1: No, I will not do that. Sam I am. I'm gonna go and I'm gonna find that green sand beach. I'm gonna enjoy it, but I will be back fear not tonight. In fact, with the Bran and Biddy Show nine Pacific, midnight Eastern. That's gonna be quite a show tonight. Let me tell you, We're gonna review Awn NXT and talk about all the silly things that happened on NXT this week. Wonder what have Vinny thought of the show. I haven't even asked him about it yet, but that's coming up to launch it. Yeah, only for subscribers Wrestling Observer dot com also video dot fwel dot com, and we got a lot of things coming up that are gonna be very exciting everybody. If you are a freeloader right now and you're not paying, now's the time, because you know, we're only about uh, about ten days away from the Christmas show, which will be uh it's usually out on evening of December twenty fourth, and boy, what a show is it going to be this year, let me tell you. But that's it. Thanks for listening, Have a great week everybody. I'll talk to you next time. Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.