Speaker 1: Warning.
Speaker 2: This podcast contains spoilers for the first episode of She Hulk Attorney at Law and a little bit of thor Love and Thunder. So definitely, if you have not watched the first episode of She Hulk Attorney at Law, go watch that right now.
Speaker 1: You have been warned. Hello, Welcome.
Speaker 2: My name is Jason Conceepcio, and welcome to x R Vision The Crooked Podcast, where we dive deep into your favorite shows, movies, comics, and pop culture. In today's episode, in the previously on the latest from the WB Discovery saga, the latest news on Ezra Miller, We're gonna talk some acts, comics, crossover event news, some X Men, and the triumphant return of the Ask. The May segment actually its first appearance here on x ray Vision. In the airlock, we'll be talking about She Hulk episode one of Fantastic and Fun thirty minutes of Disney Plus Television, and of course to talk about all of that with me. Today is the number one she Hulk herself, the number one comics expert.
Speaker 1: She's hulking out, but only when she wants to hulk out. She is Rosy Night. Hello.
Speaker 3: Yes, the power control, self control, How you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm doing well, Rosie. How are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm good. I'm glad. I'm glad that we've seen she Hulk. I feel like we've been talking about it for so long and it was just so great, so I'm just stoked to talk about it.
Speaker 1: How is the reception on Godzillabin.
Speaker 3: It's actually been just really amazing. I feel very lucky. We got so much great support from people who listen to the show and from the x ray vision community. Loads of really lovely reviews I have been told about. I got some really cool feedback, I think from people that I really care about and respect, and from my friends like you, and there's loads of good stuff. So I feel very lucky, and I'm very excited to hopefully try and do more stuff with all of our soon. So I'm feeling good.
Speaker 2: About what a talented human being, action packed episodes.
Speaker 1: Let's jump in.
Speaker 2: War Warner Brothers Discovery News folks. First of all, the CW has been sold next to our Media Group, the largest television station owner in the US, is set to acquire a seventy five percent stake in that television network.
Speaker 1: Of impossibly beautiful.
Speaker 2: Actors taking part in various stories many of them DC adaptations. The CW has been co owned by Warner Brothers Discovery in paramount since two thousand and six, when the WBN upn MERSI into one channel. Each original partner will retain a twelve point five ownership stake and will continue to produce contact for the network. The CW famously not profitable despite the many, many fans that it has.
Speaker 1: Of your thoughts on this, Rosie, I.
Speaker 3: Find this to be a very interesting choice. We've talked quite extensively about this deal, and one of the big things that we've taken away, especially from the investi cale and just general reporting. Zaslav the new head of and kind of predominant owner of WB with WB Discovery. He loves linear TV aka broadcast TV, channel TV channel TV that you don't stream or select, So this to me just seems absolutely mind blowing. I love the CW. I feel like even the stuff that I don't necessarily love, Like I'm not the world's biggest Arrowverse fan, but I will proudly say, and you can quote me on this, like there is no DCEU in the way it is today. Without that, nobody knows who the flash is. If you don't have that show. Nobody knows what the multiverse is if you don't have legions of families and moms and dads and grandparents watching these crossovers where they introduce these ideas like crisis on Infinite Earth. I think this is, in my opinion, a missed opportunity if it was up to me. You know, we talk about this a lot, like let us do it, But if it was up to me, I would have taken ownership of the CW. The reason the CW has never been profitable as a channel, though the shows on it were incredibly profitable with a second window deal they had with Netflix. For example, CW doesn't exist in other countries. Riverdale or the Aravus shows, those are Netflix shows in other countries and they made a lot of money doing that. The CW has an app called CW Seed, and every single show on both on the channel goes to either CW Seed or the CW main app twenty four hours afterwards. If you take that away, people will just watch it on the channel right Like to me, in my opinion, I would have made a DCTV show or basically just rerunning Batman, the animated series. Also, you know, Wonder Woman potentially trying to get the Batman sixty six for that space, the old Shazam show. There's so much syndicate stuff that they could syndicate before you even get to the arrow Verse and all that other stuff. I think this will in the future be seen as a mistake. But I also I watch a lot of the Next Star channels now they do a lot of syndicated sitcom channels and movie channels, so like I like broadcast TV, I'm sure it'll be interesting, but it's a missed opportunity. There is no comic book TV network right now in an age where that is so profitable.
Speaker 2: I spent a lot of time on the Island of Leon you with Oliver, although I did check out in later seasons. But you have to say, I mean, you're absolutely right about it. Yeah, one no DCEU without Errow. Also mean the only successful adaptation of Crisis on Infed Earth's for the screen happened in the Flash in twenty nineteen, and it might be the only one we see for a while.
Speaker 3: Literally and not just that. Like it's hard to explain if you haven't watched these shows, because it feels very overwhelming, right, But like Legends of Tomorrow is one of the queerest, most inclusive, experimental, weird TV shows on TV, full stop. It Without that, we don't get a lot of other things like Doom Patrol, Like there's these there's these different spaces that they've been able to navigate and explore through the lens of Oh it's a superhero show, and Legends of Tomorrow is that also. I just have to say, in ten years, people will look back at Riverdale, which is an archie comics show but was made by Warner Brothers and did run on the seat.
Speaker 2: Way truly one of the most unhinged telling they will say, like I ever have it. We just let's just like for a moment, let's just like drill down on how insane. I don't watch it, but I have people that watch it, who have who keep me abreast of just.
Speaker 1: How off the real nuts that show has become.
Speaker 3: It's so experimental, it's so weird, it's incredibly queer, it's totally outrageous. I mean, just the first the logline for the first season was obviously like Archie meets twin Peaks, right, so you already start there. First first season is like a murder mystery quite standard. By the second season, you're on your like third serial killer. By the third season, it's a Dungeons and Dragons game that's taken over the town, made everyone addicted to like a kool aid drug. And also they have a drug called Jingle Jangle that is like a legit problem in Riverdale. There's also a part where Hiram laud Shoes, Veronica's dad is trying to sell the town to turn it into like a supermax prison. Then that stuff is all very minor when you get to the stuff nowadays where you're talking about alternate universes that have to be saved and ended by certain people having sex together, bombs, Archie being a criminal. Oh also okay, so, and that's before we even get to the fact that that's all ended spoiler alert by like Jughead having to write the comics, the Archie comics. That's how like he stops the time. It's unbelievable stuff. And it also is like it's hard to put into words how brilliantly weird the show is, and how Roberto Aguaisakassa, who's just totally brilliant comics creator and was CEO of Archie and is now, you know, was running show running Riverdale, which was his project. He plays it so sincere. Like there's a really famous moment where Archie goes to prison, like like a youth jail, but it kind of looks more like an old fashioned jail because time is very mixed up there, and he's talking to the kids in the prison yard and he's like, you didn't go to high school, you know, because you were like a drug mule or whatever bad stuff having to and he's like, that means that you never experienced, you know, the unbelievable highs and devastating lows of high school football. Like it's so well played. There's also an episode where Archie fights with a bear, so it's just it's unbelievable, and I feel like that is gonna be missing. That show has like twenty four episodes a season. It's a full season show. Like those kind of things get lost in the streaming world and that I'm sad about it. I think it will be fine, but I think this was a missed opportunity. And also I think it shows once again that what's going on at Warner Brothers now there is at least some kind of misunderstanding of how the DC brand has stayed relevant because a big part of it is is tell these shows.
Speaker 1: The latest in Nezra Miller.
Speaker 2: Notably, last week, The Hollywood Reporter published a story talking about the three strategies that Warner Brothers had on deck to deal with the ongoing and continuing the Ezra Miller incidents, and one of them was, Ezra goes into counseling, and this provides a pathway for WB to WB Discovery to save the flash movie. And just a few days ago, Ezra release a statement saying essentially that they've gone into counseling. It reads, in part quote, having recently gone through a time of intense crisis, I now understand that I'm suffering complex mental health issues, and I've begun ongoing treatment. I want to apologize to everyone that I have alarmed and upset with my past behavior. I am committed doing the necessary work to getting back to a healthy, safe, and productive stage in my life. So it looks like we're going with that strategy now I've been. It's I was thinking about, man, you know, like I know, two hundred fifty million dollars is a lot of money, Like an amount of money that it's you can't even you actually fat that you can't comprom and how much money that is. But it still feels like, man, why try and save this? And you know, I was the more I was reading about The Flash and its position in the DCEU, it's it's the Connector movie. It's like an Avengers movie. It's the movie that was going to bring in all the various Batman and Batman characters. It was going to be the movie that the rest of the ongoing DCEU film offerings were going to be in part based upon. And it would have been like having to recast like Captain America Civil War without Chris Evans and figure out like how do you do it without Chris Evans? So this I think, let's I'm not excusing it, but I but this is why I think they are going so to the mat to try and save this movie that by any kind of like reasonable standard, because you know, the allegation against Ezra are incredibly serious, like incredibly serious, and not at all resolved, So it would seem to be like the you know, the responsible thing would be just like, okay, let's scrap this movie. The reason, in my opinion that they can't is because it is. You know, we often refer to movies as tent poles. It's like the tent pole holding up the entire tent of DC movies, and if you pull that one out, now, all of a sudden, you have to do a bunch of surgery on those movies. And now you're talking about billions of dollars. That's my theory. No, But all of which is to say, man, this is still troubling, still extremely troubling.
Speaker 1: What do you think of my theory?
Speaker 3: I think your theory is right from everything that I understand about this movie, that I've heard about it, that's been rumored about it, that has been replied about it. This was supposed to be that movie. I think the reason I think that is the reason that they are working so hard to save it. I also don't understand that from the place where we are now, which from what I understand what zaz Levs said is like they want to start something new, like a ten year plan with the MCU. This is the opposite of that that MCU did not begin with a giant team up movie that included fifty different versions. Now, what I wonder is building off your theory I wonder if this was going to connect everything together and essentially end it. I wonder if that's what their prison is or pree crisis or something, and then you everything after this is separate, you know, I wonder if that's also it. This strange thing is as well from reports that girl was supposed to be in this movie as part of a new Justice League. What happens now that movie's not happening. There's so many questionable things, but you're definitely right. I have heard many things about the different eras of DC that will be bought into this movie and the way they're going to use different characters, so that would make a lot of sense. But also, like you said, my biggest takeaway from this is just like it is unresolved. We do not this this statement. My feelings on this statement are I hope that it is true because I want Ezra to get help, But I also want to know whereas Takota Ironize, the child that they were taking around with them while all this was going on. You know, where are the family that was living at Ezra's house in Vermont and who hasn't been heard on social media or kind of been heard from since July I very much hope that Ezra's getting help, but I also hope the people that their behavior and their crisis is impacted are getting help. And this, to me, it reads a little bit more like a that studio plan the Hollywood Reporter laid out, because the idea was that the idea is Ezra makes a statement, Ezra gets counseling, and then you can use Ezra in limited press for the movie. I don't I just don't wish this possible. That's just it's still not possible. And is this movie really going to come out in June twenty twenty three? This movie is almost like to me, this is like the New New Mutants. I will not believe this movie comes out until the day we see it come out, till the days as I will be questioned.
Speaker 2: And New Mutants, by the way, just a normal bad movie. That's all just like a normal studio studio stuff like that's all just like a normal bad movie. Let's talk comics for a second, Rosie. I have been letting my stack grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and go grow except for problem, except of course, for God Silver Spatra. I carve got time of course to peruse that piece of genius. But I have been diving back into my stack and most notably my ex family, and I just wanted to shout out because the current act Day of Judgment crossover series crossover.
Speaker 1: Event is happening now.
Speaker 2: I haven't got to that yet, but I wanted to kind of like, you know, paved get on the road that paves the way towards that crossover. So I've been reading Immortal x Men, which is kind of like the fallout from a bunch of Krakoa stuff.
Speaker 1: When it seemed like.
Speaker 2: The very tightly held secret mutant intel that mutants are now immortal, able to be reborn again and again and again on the island of Kakoa, which is a state secret. No one knows that on Earth. That almost got out because of the endeavors of one intrepid reporter who then had his mind wiped. But that information is still out there. And this leads into a Mortal x Men, which has been running now four or five issues. So I started reading Imortal x Men, and I just want to say, Mortal x Men is fucking great.
Speaker 1: It's so good, it's it's great.
Speaker 3: I actually got to like, I got sometimes at Polgon they run I mean, they run this month of Polygon, but sometimes I get to write them where you write about like a first issue, and I got to write about issue one of the Mortal x Men and it was just so good. It's like if you're an ex fan. One of the things in the X Men community people had wanted for a long time was this a book about the Quiet Council, which is the council that runs Prokoha, the secret mutant community. And this book begins with that concept, but the question of who is on the council, Yeah, what is the council's role, the many machinations of the different people who want to be on the council. It's very cool stuff, and there's I mean, this whole book just makes me so happy because I love destiny and I love destiny a mystique, and this is a big even from the stuff that led into this. This is a big destiny and mystique kind of arc. And then yeah, this leads into the current big crossover AX, which is going to be a really big deal because it's Avengers, x Men, Eternals, So you can kind of grass from that the groups that may be important coming into the MCU and into the kind of new phase of Marvel.
Speaker 2: Here's what I'm loving about Immortal and the kind of fallout from Krokoa that's led into Immortal and X Men Red and stuff. Is that, you know, for previous to the Krocoa events, the X Men, for like twenty years, there's been some great runs, but like since the two thousands as and this is nothing new, the X Men have kind of been on their ass. They were almost white, all the mutants were almost wiped out, and then they had to run this like shadow war against various extremist groups, and then they had to bring mutants back and that was a whole thing. And the great thing about where the X Men and the mutant community is now is, first of all, they have assumed they're rightful place in the Marvel Commics universe, which is just a power center, a powerful nation of super beings.
Speaker 1: And two.
Speaker 2: So it's really cool is and this is something we've never quite seen before. It's that classic problem of now the enemy is us now. It's they're so powerful. You have all these different groups vying for control, moving making secret moves. You have various secrets that are hidden from even the top, you know, leadership of the Mutant community, and it's just really great stuff.
Speaker 1: It's really really great stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so much fun. And I think something that they do that I know you would have loved, but like something that kind of blew me away about the first issue. And they play with this a lot as they go in. But one of the comics that we were just absolutely loving was Hellians, which sent had a really big, like funny mister sinister kind of storyline in it, and in a more X Men, we get to get that funny, sassy mister sinister. So they're kind of building in all these different bits of character that we've gotten from these different Kurkoha books to this the ultimate current X membook. And for such a big, sprawling line, it can be hard to know what to read. But I feel like a MOrTL X Men is, especially from number one, is like is quite a good jumping on point because you get introduced to everyone and you kind of start to see the pieces come together. So it's just such a joy to read. It's so much fun.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to keep going up. Next the triumphant Return of Ask. The Master.
Speaker 2: Dragons are coming to HBO Max. The new HBO original series, House the Dragon is a prequel set two hundred years before the events of Game of Thrones, tells the story of House Targarian, locked in an epic battle for the Iron Throne and power over the Seven Kingdoms. The epic series promises more drama and betrayal than ever. That's a tall order, but they're gonna do it. Listen to the official Game of Thrones podcast House of the Dragon on HBO Max, the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your pot podcasts hosted by myself in wb z's Greta Johnson. And to celebrate we're back, We've emerged from the Citadel to answer your questions. Producer Chris bring us the scroll of questions.
Speaker 4: All right, Dear Master. From my understanding, the dragons in the book were much larger than the ones in the HBO Game of Thrones series. I've heard conjecture rounding of the difference to production concerns and the fact that Danaris's dragons were still juvenile and thus not full grown. Will the dragons in this new series be larger? Sincerely, Sherry Jerry, Either're going to be larger.
Speaker 2: Genaris's dragons wild, you know, pretty huge. They were like you know, preteens. I guess in Dragon Lord, dragons just keep on growing and growing. There are seventeen dragons confirmed in the show, and at least one of them, Vagar, is immense, slee large and very very old. Vagar was formerly the mount of Queen Visnya, was one of King Agon the conquerors, two queens who were both.
Speaker 1: Also his sisters.
Speaker 2: You know how they roll in a different way, those Targariots. There's also Karaxies, the mount of Damon Targarian, so club called the Bloodworm because it's very very red and lean. This was formerly the dragon of Amon Targarian, third son of old King Jaharis, who was gonna be the heir to the throne. And then various things happened because old King Jaharris sadly went like, oh for thirteen on children.
Speaker 1: On children, a said nick to the iron Throat. Very tough stuff for him.
Speaker 2: By the time of the show, Damon Targarian, who is the brother of King Visari's, has claimed Kraxies Melis or Melli's, once belonged to Illicit Targarian. One of Jaharis's daughters, Mellis, has uh is currently in the in the employ of Princess Raynee Targer aka the Queen who Never Was. I would assume they're gonna be lots of course, there are gonna be lots more, including some wild dragons who you know live along the coastal regions, maybe along dragon Stone there.
Speaker 1: Uh, there's gonna be a lot of dragons. Gonna be fun. Next question, all.
Speaker 4: Right, Master j which Valerian steel swords might be featured on the show. Also, I saw a dagger in the trailer. Are we to believe that is the Cat's pot dagger? Thank you from Daniel.
Speaker 2: That is the cat'spot dagger. That is the the weapon most famously used in the attempt on brand Stark's life in season one of Game of Thrones. We know that two Valerian steel swords from House Targarians weapon room are in use at this time. Blackfire, the sword of targeting king since the time of Agon you can actually see in the trailer, is in the possession of King Vissaris. Dark Sister Wants, the personal weapon of Agon's sister Vissenya, one of the legendary Targarian trouble making ladies, is currently in the possession of Damon Targari and again the brother of King Vassaras, who is also himself a troublemaker.
Speaker 1: Fun facts about those two sorts.
Speaker 2: Blackfire gave its name to the series of civil wars known as the Blackfire Rebellion. Because King Agon the Fourth, who was the worst of the Targarian Kings, at least the biggest dummy of the Targarian Kings and certainly a guy who liked to party more than do responsible shit running the realm, he gave the sword to his bastard son Damon. He also had a lot of bastard kids that he then legitimized, causing this huge, you know, friction within the realm of multiple groups now vying for power. And because he had given his bastard son the sword of kings, a lot of people were like, oh, I guess that guy should be. King Damon ended up dying in one ninety six at the epic Battle of Red grass Field, which basically ended the first Blackfire Rebellion. His brother ag Or Bitter Steel Rivers, another bastard, took the sword, fled to Esos, and founded the Golden Company, a famed mercenary company which you will recall from later seasons of Game of Thrones the sword was last known to be in his possession, so maybe still in Esos somewhere. Dark Sister was last in the possession of Brindan Rivers. Another Targarian bastard, another bastard of egg On the fourth, this one who stayed loyal to the crown, now Brendon, former hand to the King, took the black and went with our good friend Amon Targarian aka Master Amen to the wall, and you might know Brindan River is better as the Three Eyed Crow aka Blood Raven aka the guy that brand Stark met under the tree and talked to question.
Speaker 1: Did Brendan take the sword with him to the wall? We don't know.
Speaker 2: No one knows where it is, but there's a chance other Valerian still weapons that maybe we'll see Lady Forlorn, which is the sword of House Corbret from the Fingers along the coast of the Veil. They call him the Fingers because little peninsulas peninsulas that look like fingers.
Speaker 1: Fun fact.
Speaker 2: During the Battle of the Red Grass fieldwat Gawayne, Corbret fought a famous duel against Damon Blackfire, so it was Valerian's Sword against Valerian Sword House Horlaw of the Iron Islands has nightfall. I think it's an off chance that we see that one. And then, of course how Stark has Ice, the great sword of Lord Stark's from time immemorial, and that is a c of centuries away from being melted down in the events of Game of Thrones.
Speaker 4: Next up, Hi, Jason, very excited to hear you talk about west Ros and maybe get to hear some updates and some hot takes from his dar from Marine. My question, do you think at any point we actually get to see Eggon's conquest and a flashback or do you think they want to do it as its own show or season from Brandon.
Speaker 1: Thank you Brandon, Brandon, Brandon the Builder. My guess is no.
Speaker 2: I over the course of the series, does it happen to we get a flashback?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 2: I guess there's a chance. But to this point in the books, Egon has been kind of a blank slate, we don't really know what drives him. We know more at the more about the personalities of his sisters Visinya and Rainey's than we do about egg On the Conqueror, And I think that feels very purposeful, and it feels like that mystery is not going to be revealed until you know later things in the books that's just a guess.
Speaker 4: Okay, And next seems like just yesterday I was reading asked the Master calms every Wednesday at or episode of Game of Thrones. My question after your tour of West Rosa's pod, I started thinking about s Os and other locations around the world. What new or old locations across the Narrow Sea are you most excited to see in the new show Banks from Max.
Speaker 2: That across the Narrow Sea? You know, I think my sense is we're not going to see too much across the Narrow Sea. But I will tell you what old location I'm excited could be on the table for us in the House of the Dragon, and that is the Castle of storms End. Folks who listen to Bnjabud will know that I'm a big fan of castles, and I am a big hater of weak castles. I hate a weak castle. There's nothing worse than a fucking weak castle. Castles made of wood, Like, why are we doing this in this day and age? Anyway, here's a strong castle storms End, the seat of the House Barathion, and before them in the pre conquest year is the Durand and storm Kings. It's maybe the strongest castle in West Ros. People talk about the Eerie in the Veil as being impregnable all the bitch Bron famously said, but that's primarily because.
Speaker 1: It's just high, high, high, high.
Speaker 2: Up in the mountains of the Moon, and nobody wants to fucking go up there. Plus, the Iry is really really small, and it's only inhabited during the summer because you know, it's up there in the mountains. In wintertime it just gets too cold. Storms End is huge. It's right there in the mix on the continent itself, like on the coast, where you know Dornish raiders are always coming in, other invaders, earths coming.
Speaker 1: From the sea.
Speaker 2: Over the years, lots of folks have made war in the storm Lands, but usually people just avoid laying siege to storms End because it is such a major fucking pain in the ass. It has this it's dominated by this huge drum tower that rises from the center of the castle, which it must be extremely striking. We've never seen it in Game of Thrones, and I would love to see that during Robert's rebellion up Stanis Barrathian, famed fun guy status. Barrathian held the castle for a year against the power of the Reach and others with only like a skeleton crew of soldiers and no food, like they were eating fucking rats in there, until Davo Seaworth smuggled in a bunch of supplies and shouts to him. Legend says that much like the Wall in the North, that the curtain wall of storms End was built woven with spells and stuff that keep it protected. We again, we never got to see it in Game of Thrones. I'm hoping we get to see it here in House of the Dragon. Fun fact. In the books, some news from storms End in the books. In Dance of the Dragons, last we heard of storms End a young a young man from Essos named Agon Targarran who is either an actual Targarian right or a pretender fake in it. Fagon as the fans call him, was last known to be moving on Storm's End after taking the Castle of Griffin's Roost, also on the storm winds. So did they take it? Were they successful? Find out when Winds of Winter drops? Hopefully soon, folks, this has been really fun. Stay tuned for more Ask the Master, and don't miss the new HBO original series House of the Dragon, premiering this Sunday. This Sunday, August twenty first on HBO Max. Want to ask us questions? Send the questions to ask Theeacer at gmail dot com. Up next, the Airlock, Folks, with less than one hundred days until midterms, it's safe to say that midterm madness is setting in.
Speaker 1: Right now. You can find all new votes Save American Merchant the Crooked Store.
Speaker 2: A portion of every single order in the Crooked Store goes to Vote Riders, the leading organization focused on informing cities of their state's voter idea requirements and helping them to secure the documents that they may need to vote. That's so important, so check out Crooked dot com slash Merch for the ledge drop, then head to vote Save America dot com to find out how you can get involved and do your part.
Speaker 1: In the lead up to this year's mid terms.
Speaker 2: Folks were stepping out of the airlock and into the courthouse to discuss the latest MCU show.
Speaker 1: She Hulk Turn Along Rosie.
Speaker 5: The show is fun, It's so good, it's so fantastic and just like silly and do you know what they're on a streak of It feels really different to anything we've had in the MCU. This actually again does this is like a relatable, funny calm show that really.
Speaker 3: Leans into those legal roots. Those comparisons to ali mcbeil were not wrong. And if you don't know who Aliu mcbeil is, then google it because well, but like, yeah, it's it's it's fun. It's so fun.
Speaker 2: A director by kat Koiro, written by Jessica Goo.
Speaker 1: Here is our recap.
Speaker 2: We open in Los Angeles. We opened on Jennifer Walters immediately breaking the fourth wall. She's staring at us. She's the cousin of famed gamma radiation expert and vega Bruce Banner, and she is practicing her closing argument for an upcoming case. The argument is about stop me if you heard this before, Rosie. It's about the balance between power and responsibility. Jen says, quote, those were the most power of the most to answer for her colleague Nikki Ramos, a part legal is her a major supporter at work. Her fellow lawyer Dennis.
Speaker 1: Is like, I'm a man, so you should let me close out the case. Shut up, Dennis.
Speaker 3: I just I love like his name's Dennis Pikowski, and I feel like Fanny. Women who watched who are watching this, who've had to listen to men talk about how much they love Charles Bakowski. There's just it's so good. It's just it works, and it's big shop Dennis energy.
Speaker 1: This episode big big time. Shut up Dennis Energy.
Speaker 2: Jen and Nicky head to the courtroom, and NICKI quite you know in a in a in a quick private moment, suggests, hey, listen, if we don't get our judgment, maybe you should just you know.
Speaker 1: Hulk out.
Speaker 2: And that's right, folks. This is how we learn that Jennifer Walters is a hulk. And the fourth wall shatters and Jen tells us how she became a hulk. And here is where we should pause for a moment, Rosie and play that play that extra vision was right sound again, because we were right once again. We were right once again. Some months previous, Jen was taking a wonderful road ship with her cousin Bruce uh. And here is where we were right. Bruce's endgame arm injury, which he suffered, of course, while snapping his fingers with the nano infinity glove on his hand has almost fully healed, and he's created a device which now wears on his wrist and inhibitor which keeps him from transforming into the hull can reckon shit. Conversation then turns to whether Steve Rogers ever got it in?
Speaker 1: Did he ever get it in? Folks? What do we think?
Speaker 2: Wasn't he too busy to fuck? Wasn't there too much going on? He was going from crisis to crisis to crisis, Rosie, before we reveal what the episode actually reveals, before this were what was your opinion on whether Steve Rogers cherry was intact or popped?
Speaker 3: So this is your first hint to me of something that we will that you will see going through this season. This is a show that knows what the fans are in conversation about, because this is a question I personally am of the belief. Look, I'm a Stucky shipper. I believe step and Bucky were in love. I believe they've probably found a time to share some romantic time. I'm not one to comment on the nature of virginity, a made up thing that somebody just said happens when you have sex, But look I was very impressed to see Sheehlck turn what we've seen in the MC on its head, which is a lot of conversations about this stuff about the nature of relationships, about people's sex lives, about their potential to have kids, to settle down that has been focused on women and very specifically black widow. So it was kind of great to see them not only pull this fan conversation out there and show that she Holck is in a space where if these characters were real, people would still be shipping them and still be having these conversations, would still be theorizing what do you think you think? Busy?
Speaker 2: Well, listen, we went very deep on this back in my Bingebow days with Malory Rubin, and we both were of the opinion that absolutely Steve Rogers fuck. And here's my philosophy, Number one, I get it. Steve was very, very busy. Everybody was busy. It was a time of crisis. It was World War Two, and then all of a sudden it was you know, the invasion of New York, and then all of a sudden it was the Civil War, and then all of a sudden Shield is hired. A lot of shit going on of course, who has the time. Let me say this, we are here the human race, for better or worse, because we found time to fuck in caves outside with lions running around anywhere we could. That's why we're here. And I think Steve found the time and that's going to be confirmed later on a stinger. We'll talk about it again when we get there. Back to our story, Bruce, of course, it doesn't want to necessarily talk about his you know, conversation with Cap. That's protected Avengers stuff. You know, what's what? What is said in the Avenger's mansion doesn't stays in the Avengers.
Speaker 1: When suddenly.
Speaker 2: A Sakarian spaceship appears on the highway, what causing Jen to lose control of the car.
Speaker 1: The car crashes.
Speaker 2: Jen slashes her arm escaping the wreck, and in the midst of pulling Bruce free of this wreck, some gamma radiated blood gets into her wound and you know what happens next.
Speaker 1: Rosie, what do we think this Sakarian spacecraft means? So fast?
Speaker 3: Of all, this is a big deal, This is very cool. This is a big change from Gen's comic book origin. Yep, big, But what actually pays homage to so in Jen's comic book Origin is literally like happens over a couple of pages. She's a lawyer, she gets shot by the mob. Bruce decides he's gonna do it. Blood transfusions save her life. Lo and behold she becomes the Hulk. That wouldn't necessarily make sense for mc us Bruce, because why would he want her to go through this terrible thing that he's gone through. But what is very similar about this origin is they just get right to it. They're like, five minutes in you found out this is happening. She's she Hawks, so they kept that spirit alive. Now, why is there a Sakarian ship? It's very smart to use this just Sakarian ship because this circular ship looks very similar to the one from Thor Ragnarok, which we saw Bruce, Thor and Valkyrie escape from, which I believe was the grand Master's like sex ship. So so immediately people are going to be like, oh, I think I readze that sex ship right like they have like there's like like sexy musically. So I think this is very clear to me. And this is a huge theory. But you can chalk this one down in the X Ray Oracle because I think we're going to be right about this one. Okay, why would a Sakarian ship appear like that in front?
Speaker 1: It's not for Johy Rusie.
Speaker 3: Why so in the comics, those good old Marvel comic books that we love so much, while Hulk was on Sakar, the planet we saw him on in the fighting arenas in Thoragnarok. In the comics, he was there during Planet Hulk, and he sired a child that he didn't know about, and after he left the planet, the child was born. The child's name was Scar skaa R and he was incredibly powerful. He grew very fast. He was actually born in a cocoon and then and became an adult within a couple of years, a teen within a year, and he was very angry at his father. I believe if you think of the timeline that we have since the blip, this is at least five or six years since Hulk was on Car, if not as far as seven or eight. But the timeline's a bit a bit jiggerly. I think that ship is telling Bruce that he has a son on Sacar and they need him to go back because his son is probably fucking shit because he's crazy, And the big question here is going to be are they going to do something really funny where Scar is already an adult when he gets there, or is this going to continue the tradition we've seen with Thor Love and Thunder, with Hawkeye as a character. You know, with Tony, most of the Avengers have kids at this point, the Corps Avengers. This would add Holp to that. So maybe in this version Scar will be a teenager, which would be easy to put him into a young Avengers or some kind of team. So yeah, the Sacarian Ship, I would almost guarantee that we will at least get a post seasoned stinger hinting that Bruce has a son.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, the events of Thor Ragnara, we're pretty much Planet Hulk the uh the a really incredible Hulk event that in many ways set the tone for like who the Hulk is right now in Marvel comics and is just one of the great recent semi recent Marvel comic events that event leads directly into World War Hulk. Does this make in which it's the World War Hulk? Is the Hulk the matter than he has ever been, ever, ever, ever before comes back to Earth? After all the stuff that went down in the car because he was on the car by the way, because his supposed friends had exiled him because he.
Speaker 1: Was causing.
Speaker 3: Seeing that in an you've seen that.
Speaker 2: And when he comes back, he is so mad that he fights everybody, every hero and wins. Does this make a World War Hulk event more or less likely to you?
Speaker 3: I think it makes it very light. So Thor Ragnarok was in all but name, a Planet Hawk movie. It came out of the events of Hulk being kicked off the planet by people that he trusted. It led to him landing on to car and becoming a famed fighter, and it looks like it will lead to him having a son. Now, Scar was introduced in World War Hulk five, I believe issue five. So I think this is a very reasonable guest, and I just want to shout out, like World War I mean Planet Hulk, that is probably the definitive Hulk story of all time, aside from like you know, his origin. But even then people aren't like, oh yeah, don't forget about Rick Jones who ran in front, like what Planet Hawk is the story. It's one of the very successful Marvel animated movies, and it is just really radical. Rumor has it The reason that Marvel would not have just been able to make a Planet Hulk movie under that name is that the deal that they have with Universal is they cannot make it. They cannot make a named Hulk movie. So I think if Well War Hulk happens, you know, just like this is based on Greg Pak, Carlo Pajugien, and Aaron the Presty's amazing comic book series, I think we would see we could see wild War Hulk, especially post Shee Hulk, where it looks first of all, second Holk. We've got Shee Hulk, she exists. Now we've got we know from the trailers that abomination is going to be in this show. Who he's already in. He's already in shang Chi, but we know from the trailers is going to be part of this show. So we're already introducing what we would call the Hulk family. So the question is if Scar really is there and he's rebuilding Sakar like he is in the comics, and he's pissed at his dad or or maybe he wants to come and hunt down his dad or whatever, we could end up in a situation where then we would have four Hulk adjacent characters. And you know, I've been thinking about this a lot recently. Shea Hulk seems like a place where you could introduce more folks or re introduce them, you know. Having Tim Roth come back from that first Incredible Hulk movie, which many people forget, is like, that's the phase one of the MCU that makes it seem to me like they're not afraid to go back to that space that wasn't necessarily as loved at the time that it came out against Iron Man. So I wouldn't be surprised, you know. I'd like to see liv Tyler come back, maybe as a red she Hulk. You know, that's a really massive part of this kind of Hulk family, the Incredible Hulks arc She's the antagonist and you have all these different Hulks. So I think a version of World War Hulk. I don't know if our Bruce Banner would be the one to incite it, because he is very much in a great headspace, but maybe Scar is the one, and then Bruce has to bring in these other.
Speaker 1: Hulks to help.
Speaker 2: I love I love the idea that World War Hook would be Scar being super pissed, like, daddy, where the fuck have you been?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 2: So Jen hulks out, and when she wakes up, it's dark and she's somewhere by the side of the highway. She goes to a nearby bar where some really wonderful ladies are.
Speaker 1: Like, what happened? How don't let him treat you like this?
Speaker 2: And they give her some fresh coat of makeup and a little tease up with the hair, and they give her some new shoes, and Jenna's like, you laters are great, but I'm fine.
Speaker 1: I just need to call my cousin Bruce.
Speaker 2: She steps outside to make a call, and of course some meatheads step up to her and it's like that you know bar scene in Terminator Too. She hooks out and she just fucking crash tests dummies, these fucking dudes. When she wakes up again, she's in a nice, wonderful wood paneled bedroom, which we find out is in a beachside cabin, wonderful spread. There's Ultron's original Stark Tech helmet there as decoration. This we find out is Bruce's secret lab somewhere on the coast of Mexico, And of course Bruce has done a lot of in Mexico and Latin America in general since the days of Marvels the Incredible Hulk, and he's really done a lot of great stuff with this spot. Jen finds Bruce in Smart Hulk form down in his lab, which is like a combination of like Stark Lab meets the Danger Room from the X Men. Tony built the lab with his own funds, and apparently, and here is one of those wonderful nods to various conversations fans have been having over the years, has always threatened to like seize it back from Bruce.
Speaker 1: Tony a billionaire, if not.
Speaker 2: Trillionaire, and just a famously cheap individual no matter how rich he was.
Speaker 3: I love this as well, because, like it leans so much into that, you know, the conversation that famously broke my brain during Falcon in the Winter Soldier, which was the notion that nobody was getting paid and that Falcon wasn't only not getting paid by Tony, but he also wasn't getting paid by the government for all the black opsmissions he was doing. So I kind of love this idea that Tony like kept people sweet by just like building them something nice or giving them like a suit, but he wouldn't give them like a salary. And also if he was pissed off, he'd be like, eh, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know if you're gone that the lab is it's probably the best version of all that stuff because absolutely powered, powered by arc reactor tech like free electricity. It's high tech, completely powered. It's not like on Tony's various properties.
Speaker 1: You know, you'd always like he has weird compound where you have to wonder if you're gonna see Tony.
Speaker 2: Like in his fucking bathrobe, catch him and like him pots like yeah, this is like this is Bruce's own spot, which is which is awesome.
Speaker 3: I will say, like this is another thing, Like we talk a lot about this notion of the fans and the conversations they're having, the way this show is very much made by fans. I mean, Zig worked on this show, our fellow lovely co host in general, and like this is in conversation with the fans. Something that I love about this is like it it is really funny. But those things that you mention this actually tells us so much about Bruce and Toni's relationship one of the most popular MCU ships. But like it tells us so much like this was a space that Tony made for Bruce so Bruce could live a good life, whether he needed to hide, whether he needed to work out how to become Professor Holk. This was actually a rare selfless thing that Tony did. It wasn't really done for the Avengers. It was done for his friend. And not only that they spent time together there.
Speaker 2: Tony a notably arrogant guy, and one of the really wonderful things about the Bruce and Toni relationship is like they this was a person who Tony felt was on his intellectual level, and that was a really big deal to Tony. There are not a lot of people in the MCU who Tony could just like cut loose scientifically with, and Bruce was absolutely one of them. And in fact, Bruce's work.
Speaker 1: On gamma is is.
Speaker 2: Some is one of those rare things that is beyond Tony's actual scope. Back to our sorry Bruce, lets Jen know that he spoke to her parents, they know that she is safe, and we find out from Bruce that this is where he spent the post blip years, you know, working to kind of knit together his personality with the Hulk's personality and the Hulk's physical form. And this is where Bruce says, Yeah, that spaceship that was a car that was from the Planet's a car there, he says, quote probably trying to deliver a message.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, yeah, we think.
Speaker 2: But first, of course, before Bruce unpacks whatever is going on as a car, we got to figure out what's going on with Jen. So what's happening with Jen is, like Bruce, she has unique genetics which allows her to synthesize gamma radiation instead of, you know, like dying like everyone else would. Jen's blood is in fact quite useful Bruce Bruce, and this is very very quietly a big deal.
Speaker 1: Bruce says that he used Jen's blood to fully heal his injured arm, which is why he can be smart Hulk. Again. This feels.
Speaker 2: Like it's going to come back time and time and time again, as as the years roll by.
Speaker 1: In the MCU, there's gonna be more about.
Speaker 3: It has to be, especially because they play it really casual, so he sees it like it's this big moment and then she's like, so that means I'm bad than you. But but it feels huge because this is something that without Jen becoming Sheethulk Bruce would never have been able to do. He doesn't need to use the the thing to control himself. He's back being Professor Hull, something that we hadn't seen or as they call him in the MCU Smarthulk. I agree. It's it's big.
Speaker 1: It's it's big, big, big folks Bruce.
Speaker 2: Then he's talking about the blood and we see the vials of Gen's blood in this holding uh, this holding device, and Bruce uses lasers to destroy all the blood samples. He says he cannot risk this blood getting out of the world, creating more problems, potentially more Gama powered folks like Emil Blonski and of course Sam Stearn's aka the Leader, who we have not seen since the end of the Incredible Hulk movie.
Speaker 1: And Rosie, I think we both agree that we could see him. It feels it's feeling like.
Speaker 2: The way Bruce just ostentatiously destroyed all the blood lets, you know that blood is gonna get out.
Speaker 3: Not only he's not a bad way too, but yeah, I'm sorry, this is some like real Jurassic Park logic. Care because I've watching Holly Quin. They have a great bit about Jassic Park and I think a lot of park but I'm like, he's I feel like he smashed that stuff so recklessly. I'm like a Mesquio could have drunk some of that, but that got spilled out going and buying some people in time in them INNTO Hawks like, it's too reckless for reckless to not become a problem.
Speaker 1: And of course The Leader.
Speaker 2: We've been waiting since the end of the Incredible Hulk movie to find out what's going on with Sam Stearns, who had a gamma irradiated blood drip on his forehead, causing his brain to swell to Hulk like sizes, creating the super brilliant super villain The Leader. And of course we have not heard from him since. We'll see if that continues. Jen is like, Okay, we talked about my blood. We've talked about what's going on with me. Just fix me so I can leave, Give me the inhibited advice that you have or whatever, and let me get out here.
Speaker 1: Bruce is like, listen, you don't get it.
Speaker 2: I've been dealing with this for literally early years, for over a decade of meditation of various drugs of you know, psychotherapy, just trying to deal with the fact that I'm a hulk. You're a hulk now, and you're gonna have to You're gonna have.
Speaker 1: To take this seriously. So over some pancakes.
Speaker 2: Bruce preaches the gospel of isolation and self control. That means no more stressful stuff like being a lawyer. That means hang out with me in the jungle for several years, meditate all the time. Maybe you know, like get slapped by a jiu jitsu master like I had to do down in Brazil. Maybe doing a breathing exercises as you're getting slapped in the face by this jiu jitsu master.
Speaker 1: Jenna's like, that fucking sucks. I don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: Uh. And then Bruce is like, oh yeah, what look at this, and he slaps a huge binder of Hulk teachings on the table and she's like, well, how long is this.
Speaker 1: Gonna take it. He's like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've crunched numbers and I'm thinking, like fifteen years to get your book stuff out her.
Speaker 3: Control, dude, just like, no, what tells us like it's actually really small narrative storytelling. It's not in the nature that it's just hilarious and fun, but also like it tells us without expositioning it or having like some deep and meaningful chat, Bruce cares about Jen so much like this is his family. He's out there, he's making binders, he's planning to just he's like Avengers, never heard of him. I'm just here with you. Next fifteen years it's happening. And the funniest shit is like Jen, just as we will come to find out, just not in that place.
Speaker 2: It doesn't, it doesn't. Well, it's two things are going on right. One she truly is kind of naive to the implications.
Speaker 1: And two.
Speaker 2: She is an active human being with a job she does want to hang up the next fifty years.
Speaker 1: Okay, So.
Speaker 2: They go down to the lab and in the lab they run some danger room style exercises involving circular saws to figure out like Jen's transformational triggers, and she transforms, and we discover right away, surprise, surprise, surprise, and very surprising to Bruce that Jen maintains her personality in hulk form. No fractured psychees, no alter ego, no voices in the head, no need for this fifteen year journey, and Bruce is clearly jealous, like je Jelly.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's very jelly.
Speaker 2: It took him again, like many years to get to the smart Hulk phase with Jen just skipped to Smart Hulk immediately just smart home.
Speaker 3: Well, and that's just like the comics basically, like just jenn has had a Savage phase, which was an original phase, but then by the time she's sensational, she's just casually with.
Speaker 2: It and it's very close and in recent Avengers' stories has kind of gone into a return to Savage.
Speaker 1: She holped.
Speaker 2: But yeah, for the most part, for the vast majority of her comics history, she's been the personality of Jennifer Walter was just in a near seven foot towering physical frame.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there's still work to do though. We got to figure out, like what the.
Speaker 2: Transformation is about Jen. Notably, even though she has maintained her personality while and she hoped for him, she can't go back.
Speaker 1: She can't like consciously transform back into Jen. So how do we do this?
Speaker 2: And Bruce is like, well, I had various techniques. One of them was Natasha would sing to lullabies to.
Speaker 1: Me, just honestly, so funny, you know.
Speaker 2: Other times I would just kind of pass out, and Jen is not taking this seriously again.
Speaker 1: But Bruce, you know, he carries.
Speaker 2: This massive burden of being seen as a monster by basically the whole world because he destroyed Harlem, destroyed large portions Johannesburg and Asia, Ultron other things of that nature, and he doesn't want Jen to experience that. And he's very persuasive when he talks about, you know, how traumatized he is by those events. And so Jen agrees, Okay, train me how to be a hulk. So there's a lot of mindfulness and psychotherapy stuff being presented to Jen, but she's not super ready for that. So they're like, okay, we'll skip this. Let's we'll do this tomorrow morning. Bruce sneaks into Jen's bedroom, she is transformed back into Gen. He wakes her up by firing an airhorn interfere But this is an important discovery as well as being really really funny. When she turns into Chiolk and destroys the bed, we discover that, just like Bruce, if you slip into unconsciousness in hulk form, when you wake up, you're back in human form. So more mindfulness, some tai chi, we do some Hulk Wardrobe one oh one, where you learn the importance of stretchy.
Speaker 1: Clothes, clothing.
Speaker 2: We throw some boulders, we do some hulk jumping, we do some balancing, We destroy a couple of cliffs. There's more then the upside we learn about being a hulk. Hulks can drink forever, and they never get drunk. They get buzzed, but they never get drunk. So over countless drinks at the bar that Tony and Bruce built together, awe.
Speaker 3: And they even have a little love hop with tea and a b in it.
Speaker 2: Jen and Bruce blow off a bunch of steam and they just the next day we learned that while they don't get drunk, hulks actually do experience hangovers, at least in human form. And Jen hungover, kind of annoyed at all the hulk training. She's thrown the boulder, she's jumped around, We've done all that stuff. She's like, okay, I can go home now, right, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna leave. Bruce is like, listen, you're not ready, and Jen is like, actually, I'm ready. And Jen is both right and wrong. She's still you know she's right that you know just let her leave. But also, Jen, you do need to take seriously the fact that you can level like an entire city block if you want to.
Speaker 3: And from what we saw, much to Bruce's chagrin, you know she is equally as powerful already as Bruce, if not slightly more powerful. So this is you really do need to take your responsibility because you are throwing the rocks further. You are Hulk smashing harder.
Speaker 1: Well, Hulk did throw they threw.
Speaker 2: I will say that it seems like they're signaling that Hulk is still strongest because when they throw the rocks, but then he was like gets his back up because his cousin is doing better than him. And it's also immediately the smarter Hulk like out of the gate. Uh, And so he throws that one boulder that goes like into fucking space like you see, and it goes like it goes like tomorrow and shit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you're absolutely right. I would say she's she's encroaching on his strength, worrying speed for Bruce.
Speaker 2: She's certainly much more agile than Bruce is at this particular time. Anyway, through this, they have an argument about being able to control one's anger, and then Jen makes a really great point that listen, I've been controlling my anger because I'm a woman in the world. I've been doing that my whole life. I've been doing it much more successfully and for longer than you have. And through this conversation we discovered that Jen can now transform it will, so this is a big deal. Jen leaves, insisting that she's not going to be a superhero, which Bruce doesn't quite believe, but he's like, whatever, go with God. Jen says, Listen, why be a superhero when I can just do my job, which is be a lawyer, which is help people in the context of just being a normal, everyday person. Bruce probably fairly points out that it's not healthy for Jen to just deny that she's a Hulk. They have a big fight which ends up just throwing the bar, which Jen feels badly about. She helps him fix it, and then the next day she leaves to return to her life as a lawyer. Back to the present, Jen hasn't turned into she Hulk since those days back in Mexico. Months back. Only her family and Niki shows you how close Nicki is to her know about Jen's jolly green secret. She says I was right and Brust was wrong, and I never need to be a hulk. Okay, show over, right, Rosie.
Speaker 1: That's it and the she Oak program and that's it.
Speaker 2: That's all, folks, though absolutely wrong. In the courtroom, closing arguments have taken place. The case is some kind of corporate thing in which some kind of corporate exec caused multiple deaths. But before we can really get to the bottom of that, Jen is about to make her closing argument. The supervillion Titanya comes blasting through the wall and Nicki is like, Jen, this is it.
Speaker 1: You gotta do it.
Speaker 2: Give me a slip off the shoes. You don't want to destroy the shoes, give me your jacket. But now's the time transformed shee Hook and Jen transforms into Sheehook and the fight is super brief because Jen is strong as fuck. She punches to ted Ya one time, into a wall and into a deep sleep and that's it.
Speaker 1: Show over.
Speaker 2: But we go to our stinger and folks, I'm gonna take a small victory lap here.
Speaker 1: We know all about X ray vision is right.
Speaker 2: This is a take I had from before the x ray Vision days, from back in the bingemod days, we go back to the bar in Mexico, Jen pretending to be drunk, gets Bruce to admit how Steve lost his virginity, and folks, it is the exact way that I said Steve lost his virginity in binge mode when we were talking about Captain America the Winter Soldier.
Speaker 1: My theory was that.
Speaker 2: Listen, Steve had people throwing it at him, men and women, and when he was on tour in nineteen forty three, selling fucking bonds and promoting promoting the war, it just it just stands to reason that at some point in time.
Speaker 1: He got it in.
Speaker 2: It just would happen because people were coming at him left, right and center, and at some point it would have happened. And in the stinger of the first episode of She Hulk, Bruce admits that Steve lost is Shirley on that very nineteen forty three us. So to our folks, we called it and that is why you listen to this program, because you're going to get that kind of analysis from Rosie Knight and yours truly, folks.
Speaker 1: She Hulk.
Speaker 2: That was fun and I can't wait to talk about this show because you're getting a lot of stuff there is actually right, there's not just the connection to our legacy Avengers with Bruce playing a pivotal role in the pilot, but it's very clear that this is going to be the kind of show that that is going to push uh, the MCU lore and characters and stuff further. I mean you already said it, there's gonna be more Hulk characters. Yeah, because of this that that blood is getting out there, folks. There's no way Jen's blood just stays on the shelf.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And and like we said, you know, even if it does, I believe it will probably happen in this season. But if it doesn't, Bruce getting the message from Sakar that's it means Scar like these are the things like we saw we saw him in Thoragnarok, in his giant sexy skuyay with like his his fans. You know, I agree with you something that I kind of that blows my mind about this. And I can't say it one hundred yet because Wandervision exists, and that is one of the weirdest deep cut MCU shows ever with the amount of references they stuffed in. But I will say from this episode and what I've seen of the show so far, it does feel like it's gonna compete with One Division for introducing weird, deep cut, fun marvel law, and I actually think it might even get to do more because One Division, though it had so many fun references, a lot of it was just references. It didn't make stuff concrete. But even in this episode, we get canon nods to funny fan theories Steve Rodgers, you know, we get cementation of the idea that Bruce and TONI were actually much closer than we ever knew. I think you're right, it's going to push the boundaries of not only the tone and the humor. I mean, let's be real. Eternals was the first time that we saw people having sex in the MCU outside of an implied sex scene in Iron Man one, and that was very serious, and we've never really had people just joking about the adult realities of being a superhero. That is very much in the space of what Shee Hulk is doing. And I think that tone and freedom is going to bring a lot of new fani we a.
Speaker 2: Deep worf to the you know, we've talked a lot about potentially the West Coast Avengers coming together, potentially young Avengers, who are based in Los Angeles for a lot of time, potentially come together. And this is a show that takes place in California, in LA, which we haven't really been back to since the Tony Stark Iron Man movies with Tony's Malibu Fucking Barbie Dreamhouse sliding into the ocean. We haven't really been back there since then. Like most of Tony's stuff took place on the East Coast. Of course, the Avengers stuff took place there as well, So this is also an expansion of the kind of like power centers geographically of the MCU I think we're going to see. Obviously, we know Daredevil is in this, we're other heroes. We know that She Hulk at some point in time is going to defend Blonski. So this is more superheroes in LA, giving us a further expansion geographically of just places that superheroes hang out. We already know they hang out in New York, They're hanging out in LA too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I would I'm very interested to see. So this takes very heavily from we can we can assume the dance slot YEP arc, especially because some some preview images and trailers have shown a different law firm or a law firm that Jen is going to work at gl K and H, which is from the Dance Slot stuff, which is the more superhero style law. It also takes very heavily from the Charles Saul Haveavier Polito run, which is really fun.
Speaker 1: In nowly fun.
Speaker 3: That's like my favorite.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 3: I've been reading both them. The Dance Slot one has so much great legal stuff. It's it's very of its time, so there's like good bits and bad bits. But the Saul stuff, there is a sequence that I'm so interested to see if they bring in Ari Daredevil right, dead Devil, he's Hell's Kitchens guy. But in the Charles Saul Dead Eve.
Speaker 1: Should we even talk about it now? I'm like wondering if that's if the case that they try is the case. Because it is, we shouldn't talk about it.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not going to get the cases too much, so I'm not going to get anything. There is a moment. This is a tone theory. Now that we've mentioned that case. If it happens, we're saying we're right.
Speaker 2: If it is not that that's a crazy for it's literally the colleagues.
Speaker 1: But still yeah, but you no, No.
Speaker 3: There's one moment in that version Jeen goes to ask Matt Murdock for help, but Matt is living in San Francisco and they sit on the top of the San Francisco and it's so fun, and I kind of wonder if we're even going to get that, Like it's a little bit more outside of LA It's just this expansion of that idea of the West Coast and what that looks like in the MCU outside of Tony's Mallaby dream House. So yeah, I'm very excited and I love I also think you mentioned West Coast Avengers. You mentioned these saying those stories have often been the more wacky stories, the most out their ideas, the kind of silly stuff. So I think that you're really on point there, especially as this is a nine episode series, so a little bit longer than what we've been getting recently, and we know it's going to be a courtroom drama, and we've already seen from the trailer that it's going to include wild, deep cut Marvel characters, so it feels like this could also be a place to potentially introduce some other heroes that might be connected to that even if not in the long term, in more of a way to just kind of establish that the West Coast has also had heroes this whole time.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't wait to talk about it more as the show airs.
Speaker 2: That's it for our show. A big thank you to Rosie night, Rosie, what do you have to plug?
Speaker 1: Plug? Plug? Plug plug plug.
Speaker 3: I will have lots of cool Shee Hulk pieces coming out over the next few weeks. I will be talking about she Hulk with the creators. I will be doing explainers all that kind of stuff that will be it nerdiced. I will also be having some cool stuff coming out other spots, IGN NF Geek, all that kind of stuff for a bunch of different shows. We're about to get into the wildest TV season that we've seen in a long time, so it's gonna be able to come to us. And if you need extra stuff, you're gonna have Jason on House to the Dragon. You're gonna have me writing about House of the Dragon, Lord of the Rings, all that stuff, so that's really cool. You can find me on Rosie Marx m A r X on Instagram and Left the Box and then obviously here on X ray.
Speaker 2: Vision X ray Vision has a new home, folks. Take one YouTube channel and Twitter channels are now dedicated to all things x ray Vision. So go check out at XRV pod on Twitter and x Rayvision on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Plus.
Speaker 2: We have a discord, the x ray Vision Discord. You can find the link to that in the show notes. And if the link for some reason doesn't work because we're such discord noubes, then just DM us or something and we'll make sure you get sorted out. Catch the next episode on August twenty sixth for more sheehok plus the House of the Dragon premiere. Oh shit, and remember to send your House of the Dragon questions for Asking the Master to Ask the Master at gmail dot com. Ask the Master at gmail dot com. Five star reviews.
Speaker 1: We want your five star ratings on your platform of choice.
Speaker 2: Give us those five star reviews, and if you email us the text of your review and it's funny.
Speaker 1: We will read it on the air. We will read it right here at the end of the show. Folks, see you next time.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 2: X ray Vision is a Crooked Media production. The show is produced by Chris Lordensaulrubin. The show is executive produced by myself and Sandy's Rhard are editing and sound designers by Vascillis Photopoulos, Dylon Villanueva and Matt De Group provide video production support. Alex Rellaford handle social media. Thank you Brian Vasquez for a theme music.
Speaker 1: See you next time, Bye bye,