Speaker 1: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another Best Bits of weekend.
Speaker 3: Excited to be hanging out with y'all.
Speaker 2: Make sure before we dive in to Best Bits just the Bits, make sure you check out Part one and Part three with Ray Mundo this weekend. Not only is part one super fun, we shared some really big good news for both of us and our top five artists of all time. Plus the last time we did something cool for ourselves. And then listener Q and A is Part three and that's always super fun because we answer all the questions that you guys send in via Instagram. So if you don't go listen to those and you're just here and this what you're doing, that's cool too. I'm just glad you're here. Let's dive in to the top segments from.
Speaker 3: The Bobby Bone Show this week.
Speaker 2: We checked in with the behind the scenes crew this week lunchboxes out, so we were mixing some things up and I very much appreciate that we are now known as the behind the Scenes crew instead of the Ladder, which was going to be Junior VARs me because that would have meant that I was a number two again and let me tell y'all.
Speaker 3: You know, just having a two attached your name does not make somebody feel very good.
Speaker 2: So behind the scenes crew it is. And checked in with Abby Raymundo and myself about just some stuff going on in our lives.
Speaker 4: So here it is number seven. All right, we're here today and we're gonna do something little different.
Speaker 5: We're gonna go around the room, but we're gonna check in with the people of the show that we don't normally check in with. Through are big parts of the show, but they're not what we call tier co host.
Speaker 4: Yeah, tier one, they're not too I don't say.
Speaker 5: Tier one because yeah, yeah, like an official code, like it's me Amy Eddie lunchbox.
Speaker 4: Like what are the guys our microphones are always on?
Speaker 6: Yeah, their primary role is not on air.
Speaker 5: So their secondary so junior varsity, I don't know, I call them because they're very important.
Speaker 6: Just not on these they have other response.
Speaker 4: What do you think we should call the secondary players?
Speaker 7: Abby, Well, I'm like more behind the scenes.
Speaker 4: We call you as the BTS crew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do that's good.
Speaker 3: Don't give me another two. If you give me another two.
Speaker 4: On my the BTS crew, we'll go around the room. Okay, Abby, we're gonna check in with you first.
Speaker 5: You are so instrumental to this show because behind the scenes you do so much, from helping prepare the show to obviously answering the phones, to helping me with a hundred different things.
Speaker 4: In the morning, you're up. What would you like to say this morning?
Speaker 8: So? What I did recently as far as my guitar, I realized that the first one I had was way too big, which is why I was struggling. So I went to the guitar place and I got a smaller guitar.
Speaker 5: Good for you, Yes, and it's definitely And make sure that your action nice bo Well, I know it's such a weird thing, but your strings aren't too high from like the fret board.
Speaker 7: That's what I asked them too. I said, please make it easy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because it's easier to push down, I'll lower the action. Yeah, and guitar is not easy, but I'm proud of you for staying with it.
Speaker 7: Yes, and I my first lesson is this coming weekend.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 7: All right, I'm a little behind, but we got this.
Speaker 5: As long as you're moving forward, you'll never be left behind forever.
Speaker 4: Yes, I made that up. Sounds good. Thank you. We never recital recital.
Speaker 8: In here, right, yeah, which I don't really know what that. Do you want me to play an entire song or.
Speaker 3: What is happening?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like a solo? No, no solos because I can't even do that.
Speaker 7: So I only need enough three chords, right.
Speaker 5: You need to play a song, and we need with the guitar, but you don't need to cheat.
Speaker 4: Pick the easiest song. Okay, okay, all right, there she has Abby everybody.
Speaker 5: All right, let's move over to Morgan, who again has so many jobs and roles. Mainly she is our head of all of our digital website social media.
Speaker 4: It is a role that is always constantly going with twenty four to seven.
Speaker 5: The hardest thing she has to do is look at Facebook page, because holy crap, you come out of that thing traumatized.
Speaker 4: That's right there, she is here. She has Morgan number two. Go ahead, Morgan.
Speaker 2: Well, it feels super weird because when I started the show, we were doing I was twenty three years old and we were doing We'll do twenty four year olds care about And now in just a few days on Friday, I am thirty years old.
Speaker 4: Dang, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: A thirty year old.
Speaker 4: I hated earning thirty. I'm be honest with you.
Speaker 2: I don't feel good about it. Like I'm not excited about this birthday.
Speaker 5: I will tell you the thirties are awesome, but I just hated turning thirty.
Speaker 4: They call that dirty thirty. I don't know whether people say that, you might, I don't.
Speaker 7: It's not a clean thirty thirty, thirty and thriving right.
Speaker 5: There's lots of rhyme till guys, but it's I felt like my thirties. I hated turning at three zero because I was like, I'm just not But my thirties were awesome because, you know, I.
Speaker 4: Really felt I knew my body. No, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't think say yeah, but I get it. What are you gonna do for your birthday? Do you have any big plans?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm trying to avoid the fact that it is my thirtieth birthday and I'm going to Disneyland to act like a kid seven year old.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Thirty, thirty, yeah, thirty. Yeah, that's what would ryan with thirty.
Speaker 5: That's thirty, that's thirty, thirty thirty yeah, thirty yeah.
Speaker 3: But genuinely, it just feels so weird.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've really done a lot of my growing up on the show, Like so much has happened for me in those six years that I've joined.
Speaker 4: I feel the same.
Speaker 5: I've gone up a lot on the show, like fully fully and next up, he is the guy that's in charge of all the sounds. If you hear something like a clip or even this music, he could really screw me over at anytime. For example, he could turn this music down just like that. I'd be like, right, oh no, hell and I'll be like right, hit this clip. But here he is our head audio producer.
Speaker 4: Yo yo.
Speaker 10: So this is really a follow up. We had Dan and Shay in studio. They did the interview and this is paraphrasing, but at the tail end of the interview, Bones was talking about, Hey man, baby, see you guys on the course. Maybe golf with you guys, And so then Eddie post interview goes, yeah, man, we should all really get out in golf sometime to Dan and Shay. So it sounded like Eddie and Dan and Shay We're all gonna go do a three some in golf.
Speaker 4: Okay, weird term.
Speaker 10: So I was just curious, did you guys text each other.
Speaker 4: And what's what's happened really with that golf with me?
Speaker 11: Nothing? Nothing? I just I know Shaye plays. I've seen him at the golf course. Does Dan play?
Speaker 4: No? Not really? Okay, So you were just like saying something to say something, yeah.
Speaker 11: And Shae was shape brought it up. He's like, hey, we should play golf some time.
Speaker 4: I think he was talking to me. No, no, no, it was we were face to facey Eddie was included in the conversation.
Speaker 10: That's why I was fascinated if they were actually apologized.
Speaker 4: Because I know he said it to me then going over to YouTube because it was face to face. Good good, good it. So did you follow up? No, we have it. I don't even have his number.
Speaker 11: I don't know how to follow up on that.
Speaker 4: That's funny. They even't get it from you. I can text to him. No, No, if you really want it, you can have it. But okay, Right, what's happening in your life too? How's how's Bay? How's your wife?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 10: She's doing awesome working from home. So I see her a ton more than we used to. That got a little bit of getting used to, But we enjoy each other. So bring it on.
Speaker 4: I mean she used to be gone when I was said that weird. He's like, it took a little bit of getting used.
Speaker 10: Well, let's be real, I napped her in the middle of the day and she's like doing zoom calls.
Speaker 4: So that got a little getting used to. But yeah, I think we're fine. I think we manage it.
Speaker 13: I think it's good because you go to bed at five pm, so now you'll actually they.
Speaker 4: Get along somehow.
Speaker 5: He talked himself into it's not being good, right, Raymundo, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Yes, all right, glad everybody's here the BTS crew. Great job, guys. Maybe like once a month or once a year or something, but check in with you guys.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two Thomas Rhet was on the show this week and he gave an update. He had a whole show in Nashville, well two shows exactly. In one of those nights, there was a medical emergency in the crowd, like towards the very end of his set, and this whole thing happened.
Speaker 3: He prayed over the guy.
Speaker 2: It was a really like huge and just scary moment. Well, we got an update on that guy and it's a good update. So not only do we talk about his new collaboration with Morgan Wallen, but we also heard about this whole situation in Nashville and the good news that came from it.
Speaker 1: After number six. So Bobby Bones Show Interviews.
Speaker 4: In case you didn't know, his name is Thomas Rhett.
Speaker 5: He's got twenty one number one singles in years crazy. He's a native of Valdosta, Georgia. His last song that went number one is Angels.
Speaker 4: You Shit Sam.
Speaker 5: And he's got a new song called Mama's House. Mamase madma's madamas. Everybody says it different in the South, but this it's mamma, right, Mamma's House with Morgan Walla.
Speaker 4: Okay, go ahead, ma'am Mama's House. Okay, there you go. Here he is now Thomas Rhett.
Speaker 1: On The Bobby Bones Show.
Speaker 4: Now, Thomas Rhett's new album twenty number one is out. Now, Hey, Thomas Rhett, Morning buddy, what's up?
Speaker 14: How you doing?
Speaker 4: Hey? Pretty good?
Speaker 5: I was talking about the word mamma or mama or in the South, there are a lot of different I called my grandma. And so when you and Morgan wrote this song, you also had Matt Dragstroum and Chasing Me Go with You. But when you wrote this song, did you guys have a talk on what you called your your me mom.
Speaker 4: There's just so many names for it. How did you guys? Did you just both call her mamma? Dude?
Speaker 14: Honestly, we were writing a whole different song, and then he got a phone call from his grandmother and that's what you hear in the opening of the song, and he called her Mamo and he got back to the computer. We were writing on Zooms was like back in twenty twenty. And I said, man, I didn't know you had a Mammo, and he said, yes, she lives in Knoxville. And I said, man, I've got a mammal too, and she lives in Knoxville. And all of a sudden it kind of clicked and we that's then we just started writing Mama's House about both of our grandparents.
Speaker 4: So what would have.
Speaker 5: Been really cool as if it was the same mamma on Knoxville And then you.
Speaker 14: Had to do one of those test same grandmother.
Speaker 4: Yes, And now all of a sudden, your brothers, you had no idea. That's the story right there. But you've both been so you both.
Speaker 5: Called your grandmother mamma, mammo. Did you call your other if she was alive, your other grandma a different name to differentiate which grandmother you're talking about.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I've got I've got a Memo and a papa that live in Nashville now, and I've got a mammy and a buzz Yeah okay.
Speaker 5: Maybe Yeah, where's Buzzy songz?
Speaker 4: So you know what I mean. Buzz is just sitting chilling to that's right.
Speaker 5: I just when I saw that you guys were putting out the song before I heard it, I thought, well, that's interesting. I wonder if they both called one of their grandmother's ma'am all, because in the South we have so many names for our grand parents.
Speaker 6: My grandma in Alabama was me mall okay.
Speaker 13: And then let's see, Jelly Roll was in the other day and he told me mammy, yeah, maammy.
Speaker 6: So I mean everyone has a different thing, Eddie.
Speaker 4: Mexicans a Wilita, but you called them that. Yeah, they were both a Wilita or aila Alita. Yeah, there we go, Thomas. Yeah, sounded good, he said.
Speaker 5: The accidents all of a sudden, Yeah, yeah, Why did you guys wait so long to put the song out.
Speaker 14: Man, it just kind of never made sense until now because I recorded it after Saturday came out, and uh, and then it didn't feel right to put on where we started. And then it kind of just became the song that drifted no man's land for a while that we kind of both forgot about it, to be honest with you. And then it wasn't until this this twenty number one's project was coming out. Me and Morgan started kind of of reigniting our love for this song because he, I guess he had played it at a hunting camp with a few of my buddies too, And I started getting text like, hey, why j'all ever put this song out? And I was like, I don't really know, and uh, and all of a sudden we were like we should put this out and kind of landed on, you know, attaching into this project and and uh, you know, so better late than never.
Speaker 4: I guess, Hey, what happened to your show?
Speaker 5: I was, I was out of town, but I did I saw that some you had to stop the show because the guy got sick or something happened.
Speaker 4: In the crowd.
Speaker 14: We had maybe five minutes left in the show. We were just finishing Craving You, and I noticed like a lot of commotion, and so we stopped the show and went over there, and there was a guy that had that had passed out and I think it had something to do with this heart, but dude, it was wild. I've never I've never had to stop the show for something like that before, and started asking if there was any doctors in the house, and man, doctors started hopping fences and coming down steps, and the EMTs were coming out of everywhere, and so it was I'm just so glad that there were so many people in the room that knew what they were doing, because they got him out of.
Speaker 5: That room really fast, and watchers like me, that's what I would have taken out.
Speaker 13: Yeah, what point do you just do you decide to resume singing.
Speaker 14: There wasn't many ways to handle that situation, you know. It was like you either just walk off stage or you addressed like what happened, because there was a lot of people in the room that were looking down there but couldn't tell what was happening.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 14: My wife, you know, came over to me and she was like, hey, you should lead a prayer over the arena, and so we were waiting for Terry to get into the ambulance and then we started praying over him. And I actually got to talk to Terry on the phone last night, him and his wife both as they were driving back to Ohio. Super sweet guy and really just glad to hear that he is doing okay and got to got to make a new friend.
Speaker 5: So with only five minutes left of the show, I almost feel like that's like your uber driver getting pulled over. When you can see the house, you're going to like, for sure, I'm just gonna go out and walk to the house. You take care of this, right. With only five minutes left though, and you're going to go back and play, do you play a little longer so you don't get everybody hyped up for just a few more minutes, or do you just go up?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 14: We had like two songs left in the show, and I got back on the microphone and I said, hey, you know we we only had a couple songs left anyway, So I'm just going to play one in honor of Terry. Uh, and then we're going to get out of here, because I mean, we we sat there for probably I don't know, five to ten minutes, you know, without anybody know what was happening. So it was kind of just a weird moment of like do you kind of like reignite this show or do you do you play one and go home? You know what I'm saying, was.
Speaker 5: The song that you played in honor of Terry, like specifically for Terry, or just the one you had up next, and you're like, we're gonna do it anywhere?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean it was Yeah.
Speaker 14: The next song we had up in the in the hopper was what's your country Song? And yeah, I mean we we were just going to sing that one, and it just kind of came out of the microphone and said, we're going to do this from for Terry, So y'all sing it loud for him.
Speaker 4: So I might have pivoted.
Speaker 5: One time I was doing a show and I didn't know this. This is still haunts me to this day. Yeah, there was a lady who said and she had called the show and she had said it's on my bucket list to meet you, but she had cancer and she was like, I'm coming to the show. And I was doing comedy and I was Eddie and I were playing some songs and I.
Speaker 4: Was like, hey, guys.
Speaker 5: I called her up on stage and I was like, it's so great to meet you. She had to sign the whole thing and we just played. I was like, hey, why don't we just slow dance to a song. I'd let me be fun to dance on stage with her. It's so stupid, and so I'm so stupid.
Speaker 4: I'm embarrassed.
Speaker 5: I'm cringing saying this, and so I'm like, just play the next song on the list, and and so Eddie goes okay, and so the band starts into Hain't No Sunshine. When she's gone, I said, oh yeah, oh my god. And I finished and I don't think she thought anything about it. But I we danced, and I was like, I was, so you had a great moment. I didn't think anything about the song. And then I get on the bus then afterwards, and I'm just I'm like to Eddie, I'm like, I'm the biggest idiot. I Oh my god. And He's like, I don't think people took it. But I think about that list. I think about that more than the Roman Empire, and think about that a lot, but that that was the wrong song that Eddie I know it was.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you just know you never know what to do with those situations. Man. I think you just have to kind of come, you know, do what comes naturally the next and hope everybody takes it the right way.
Speaker 4: Not me. I don't do it naturally to me, because that was not a good thing to do.
Speaker 5: How's how's everything yet? So what's what's the deal with? It looks like you're just killing these live shows? Like, what's what's happening?
Speaker 4: Are you more? Next year?
Speaker 14: We're doing quite a few less next year actually, I mean this year was long do We started in February and just wrap like We've been in the Canada, We've been to Europe, we did most of North America. So we're doing like twenty and thirty shows next year, but hoping for a really big twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: I have a friend who is in music and is pretty successful and took the whole year off this year. He's like, I need a mental health break because he's really struggling with being on the road all the time and he's a sacred and I was like, wow, that isn't quite the commitment. And he's like it doesn't matter. I can't do momentum. Got to just take a break because I'm going just having kids, having a home life and then touring like you do.
Speaker 4: That's got to be.
Speaker 5: It's an awesome life. Do not get me wrong. It's awesome life, and you deserve every bit of it. But it is a struggle to always be moving.
Speaker 4: Right, it is.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 14: Like, my wife and I talked about it a lot before I decided to take a light year next year because I've never had a light year. Like I mean, I've been doing this since I was twenty one. I mean, and in those days, you were playing two hundred and fifty plus shows a year, and so like this year, we did about seventy five, and it doesn't seem like a lot compared to two fifty. But it was just I think my kids just needed me home, you know what I mean. Like I'm ready to kind of be dad and like take him to school, take him up from school, and kind of have a light year and pick up again in twenty twenty five. So I'm kind of nervous about it, but I'm also excited about it.
Speaker 5: So Mamma's House Out with Morgan Walling twenty number ones out with Thomas rhtt just wrapped up the big tour in Nashville. Did the shows. Had a couple of friends like this show us so good. I was like, yeah, no, crap, I told you.
Speaker 4: He's awesome.
Speaker 5: He's got tons of energy, but he does like the really country stuff he does. That's sad to happy, just great, great, great, Tom, are good to see you, buddy, Good to talk to you. And then I guess I can't see you, but when I'm talking to him, I feel.
Speaker 4: Like I'm looking at him.
Speaker 12: Ye.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hope you have a good rest week man, talk to you soon.
Speaker 12: Riter.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two, we had a Bobby Bone Cinema Club this week. We reviewed Amy's movie Pretty Woman, and y'all, I really thought this movie was gonna get like rave reviews across the board because it's such an iconic movie and it's very nostalgic.
Speaker 3: It's been around a long time.
Speaker 12: But it did not.
Speaker 3: I'm actually kind of shocked by that.
Speaker 2: So you can hear all of our reviews for Bobby Bone Cinema Club right now.
Speaker 4: Number five and the cinema Club we drew. We drew Amy and her movie was Pretty Woman.
Speaker 5: It was I think I've seen parts a pretty woman, and I think I've seen all a pretty woman in my lifetime, but I don't know that I've ever sat down and watched the whole thing. And it's been a while, but I'm telling you, and it's late in the show and we're still going to be gentle ish with our language.
Speaker 4: Sure, when she brings out all.
Speaker 6: The colors, m I thought that was candy.
Speaker 5: I know, I get it. It just I felt bad for her. Yeah, I gu said. I was actually felt sad for her, and they care not did Richard gear I know, but it hit different for sure. Watching it older its way way different. It's it's not as fun.
Speaker 11: I mean the whole time thinking I'm shocked that Ammy watched this as how old were you when you first watched this?
Speaker 6: I was nine, that's crazy. And I thought, yes, pick a color, any color. Thought it was candy?
Speaker 4: It wasn't it was protection.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I I there was a sense of say, yeah, I was just sad watching it. They made it a good movie, good, but I was just sad watching it. And I just kept thinking about that how many people are forced into that, or how many people make a decision to do that because it's like one of their only options, or there's some people are just like I just want to do it, but I feel like most don't do that.
Speaker 4: I'll be honest with you. It felt pretty dark. Well, it's still funny at times.
Speaker 5: I like George castanzame it in the movie Stucky. Yeah, what his name is. So here's some things that people wrote. They don't make rom coms like they used to. Richard here and Julia Roberts this is from somebody here have unmatched chemistry. I also never really found Julia Roberts attractive until now. Four out of five Hotel keys right right, New Scuba, Mike, that's me really yea movie, Mike. Yeah, I really enjoyed it, I thought, because I don't really like rom comms. But it has an entirely different feel to it, and it had been a while since I've seen it.
Speaker 4: The feel was she was she's a sex worker, and I felt bad. You gotta suspend belief a little bit. It's a rom com. You don't watch a superhero movie thinking all this stuff. And I don't feel sorry for the suit.
Speaker 5: But that felt so that was real life scenarios, except for not the big one. That's not that I don't know. Maybe it has happened before. Maybe I get it and it's fine. It's there were times where I would just forget that I was filming sad and I'd be like, I'd be like, oh, yeah, I love the movie seeing it multiple times.
Speaker 4: Five out of five tall boots.
Speaker 3: That you no, No, I think that's me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think I was the only one that.
Speaker 5: Was affected in a positive way. I feel bad then, I'm starting to bring you guys movie down. Sorry, your guys. Celebration of life movie was in a good experience for you, guys. Here's one three point five tricks out of five?
Speaker 4: Who is this tricks?
Speaker 5: A very one dimensional film, so slow it could have finished in an hour. There were some cute parts, the silverware, the dress, shopping, the watching movies on the floor. Three point five tricks out of five. That's a funny rate. I mean, right, who did that one?
Speaker 4: That's me?
Speaker 10: And honestly the rating maybe doesn't show it, but I really would watch it again.
Speaker 4: So I've never seen it before, So props to Amy on that. Here's one five out of five prostitutes that find Prince charming.
Speaker 13: Okay, hi as me, Oh you friend, they find Prince Charming three.
Speaker 5: Out of five necklaces. Julie Roberts is awesome, but I forgot how unrealistic the movie was. I guess it doesn't hit as good as it did in nineteen ninety that you.
Speaker 4: Had me come on, it's so unrealistic.
Speaker 5: Pretty Woman was a pretty darn good movie, great forgotten classic. I give it four point five out of five hundred dollar bills. Julia Roberts is amazing in the movie. She's in a like the storyline, but it's super unrealistic. I seen Pretyman several times and I can never make it through the whole movie three point five out of.
Speaker 4: Five suba scuba with the last one. Oh yeah, Abby, yeah, Mine? What do you think I mean?
Speaker 7: I just I don't know why.
Speaker 8: I can't ever really get into it, and I just know it would never happen in real life.
Speaker 6: I definitely similar has.
Speaker 4: No chance zero. Oh, I think it probably happens the same storyline.
Speaker 5: But I bet you that people have fallen in love with their women men men, and women fallen with their escorts they pay for of course. Oh I bet it hap Its all time, right, listen story specifically yes with the yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I get it. It is an odd movie.
Speaker 13: And to Eddie's point, back when I saw it when I was nine, if my parents were going, it's probably honestly one of the last things they did with my parents before they got separated, because I was about eight nine years old and it came out, and I know that my parents had plans to go, and the sitter canceled for some reason, so they ended up just taking me, and I remember being in the theater and my dad like just covering my face like I don't so it's probably something early on.
Speaker 6: And then we bought the.
Speaker 13: VHS tape and we would watch it at home and then my friend Jill and I would get dressed up and walk down the street like her on Pioneer's Drive.
Speaker 6: Listen.
Speaker 13: I don't know that our prostitutes as kids. I don't know, but we didn't know. That's what it was. You have to understand we didn't know.
Speaker 4: Like we didn't marry you, but didn't did you.
Speaker 6: I don't think they. I don't I don't know.
Speaker 4: If I probably were neighbors. Neighbors didn't see you walk in the streets like that.
Speaker 5: We were a big boys swing her necklace a big boy have to the only personim okay.
Speaker 13: The only person that's alive that would remember that would be Jill's mom, And I'd have to ask her what in the heck they were thinking?
Speaker 6: Why did we do that? And what did other neighbors think?
Speaker 12: Why did you?
Speaker 4: Why did she feel a prostitute again? She was having to I forget why she had to be a prostitute.
Speaker 13: At the beginning, she had to pay rent and then she went and she was a friend kit Yeah, why.
Speaker 4: Might not remember this clearly? I mean, she dropped out of high school. But I'm saying though there wasn't like somebody dying or I don't think there that's what I would have Okay, but that's what I preferred.
Speaker 11: Like she really had to do like she had she was forced into it, yeah, but not like but I had to do it, Like yeah, no, I don't think they ever said that.
Speaker 5: But you know, but still I feel like she had to do it because she had to pay money for rent. I guess for me it would have been if she'd have been like, I want to do it, no for my own choosing, and I'd been like, good for you empowerment. But when anybody feels like they have to do something, I always feel bad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 5: It's such a touchy issue now because of like a legal sex trait.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I just didn't. I just didn't enjoy it. I just enjoy it. You could remake that with like more realistic But what.
Speaker 5: Would you do to make it? What would they be a I think.
Speaker 4: Of what profession?
Speaker 10: Well, I mean, first of all, the ones that end up getting married to the guys are the ones that are in these like high class.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I'm talking about how would you remake it? What profession would you make her?
Speaker 4: Now? It wouldn't be the same. No, Oh like a app a sugar baby? App Okay, that's better. Yeah. I guess my heart is a little too little, too sensitive for that movie.
Speaker 6: That's a good point. I don't know something about it.
Speaker 4: You guys walk down the street.
Speaker 6: It's from my.
Speaker 13: I'm gonna call Jill's mom and I'm gonna ask her what the heck was wrong with y'all?
Speaker 4: Well, thank you Amy for suggesting the movie. It is a good movie.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I think it's just something nostalgic for me from my childhood and to your point now probably watching it back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there is.
Speaker 4: Ben disbelief just like Iron Man. Yes, superhero movie.
Speaker 13: And obviously there's people in tough situations like that that do you not want to be there and you don't want to make it seem like this?
Speaker 6: Yes, pretty won't glamorized type of thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that show baby literally because what happens then, can't always have it now, it's right we learn.
Speaker 6: So do we need to draw another movie.
Speaker 4: Right now because I need some time, we need to be compressed.
Speaker 5: Well, it's like I'm traveling to watch harday to watch movies every all the time.
Speaker 6: I should have done steal Manilius the Other Joy.
Speaker 4: I've never seen that one. I watched that one. Well we'll put that can be.
Speaker 6: Here in he Reckon because Dolly's in that too.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week With Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: I brought some singer's real name to the studio and I did a little game with Bobby Amy and Ettie and they had to figure out which singers are the real life version, Like you've heard the names, but you've never realized they go with the singers.
Speaker 3: And it was kind of fun. A lot of these y'all may not have heard before, so check it out. This is the singer real name game. I know it's a tongue twister.
Speaker 1: Number four.
Speaker 4: The only name that I knew was Shania Twains. Eileen what's her.
Speaker 3: Name, Eileen Regina Edwards.
Speaker 4: That's her real name.
Speaker 6: That's right, that's right, man.
Speaker 4: So Morgan's got a.
Speaker 5: Whole list of names, and I didn't look at them. I just knew the Shanaiah one. But I wanted to play this too, And so these are the real names? Are they country or pop?
Speaker 4: Are white?
Speaker 2: They're all over the board actors too, No, it's a pop in country.
Speaker 3: We'll just say those two.
Speaker 4: How many do you have?
Speaker 3: I have, oh, gosh, like more than ten?
Speaker 4: Okay, roll go with the first one.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 2: Peter Hernandez hispanic, fella, Peter, you have no idea.
Speaker 10: Pete Pete, Pete, Pete Wentz, the guy that dated.
Speaker 4: Pete Wentz a Hispanic that Pete Davidson Davidson.
Speaker 3: It is actually not a pee at all. It is Bruno Mars because don't give Peter Hernandez.
Speaker 4: I know that. Okay.
Speaker 3: Next up, Amala Dalmini.
Speaker 4: Amala Delmini. Hmm, what's her name do a lipa. Oh good, guess so do a lipa? Say it again?
Speaker 6: Almala Dalmini Arian.
Speaker 9: It could totally, but.
Speaker 5: It's got to be somebody like who would you say?
Speaker 4: It's gonna be a pop? Sorry, I don't know who you.
Speaker 3: Are in the right category. It's pop, but it's doja cat?
Speaker 13: Whoa al right?
Speaker 4: Next?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 3: Ashley Franji Payne. What that's funny?
Speaker 16: Like?
Speaker 3: Fran g I p a n e Ashley Franchi Paine?
Speaker 4: Who who do I know? That's not no? But who I know of? That's it? Just Ashley Franchipain.
Speaker 6: I don't know the name brid.
Speaker 4: Oh got it? I was thinking Christine.
Speaker 5: Isn't Halsey's name Ashley? Oh, but I guess I thought it was her name, like Ashley Halsey or something.
Speaker 4: Yes, guess Halsey Franchi Paine. That'd be a tough one to be to say. Here she is, actually franch I got it, Lady Gaga. No, Stephanie Germ, Germ, Stephanie Germs. Something. I'm gonna go, Halsey.
Speaker 3: Can you hit the d d Oh?
Speaker 4: That's right? Wow, dude, I just I just know he first name is Ashley. That's good.
Speaker 12: Good?
Speaker 5: What else you got, Okay, John Stevens, I'm gonna remove myself from this one because I know it.
Speaker 4: Because I know it, Oh, John.
Speaker 13: Party, John Stevens, John.
Speaker 5: I probably couldn't call this person right now, but I've spent spent time. I spent time with the person, like spent the night on the same bed but in the same house, Like I know them.
Speaker 11: Yes, I don't know about Yes, I knew that and I thought it was John Osborne And I'm like, that would be no whist.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it would be a twist. We're not really brother, You give me a right next.
Speaker 2: Catherine Hudson, Kate Hudson, Kate Hudson.
Speaker 10: Oh, Katy Perry, Katsin Hudson's little on the nose of Kate Hudson. They were like, Katy Perry, about that.
Speaker 4: Leo Thomas Hanks, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Stefani Germanada.
Speaker 4: That's that is Lady Stefani or Stephanie.
Speaker 3: It spelled like Stefani.
Speaker 4: I think it's Stephanie.
Speaker 2: Spell it s t E F A N I. It spelled like Gwen Stefani.
Speaker 4: No, that's Stephanie.
Speaker 2: Definitely spelled like it right, Like that's the same way she spells it.
Speaker 13: Bonnie Spells trying to be different through the pH Okay.
Speaker 4: What if it's Gwen Stephanie and we didn't know that? Okay?
Speaker 2: Give Samuel Timothy Smith, Tim Smith, Sam Smith, Sam Smith Smith.
Speaker 6: It's not Timothy.
Speaker 3: This one is not on the nose.
Speaker 4: That would be his name, though it. Oh, what if it's Sam Hunt Sam Samuel, who's the same.
Speaker 6: His last name is like tough touch.
Speaker 4: That the king king touch in a pyramid. All right?
Speaker 11: Next, Elizabeth Grant, Liz Lizzo, Lizzo, Dude, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: If come on, let's go. Is it Lizzo, it's neither one.
Speaker 3: It's Lana del Rey is.
Speaker 4: Much sadness.
Speaker 5: We listened a lot of land at my house, but not the dance mixes. It's all sad all the time.
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 4: What else?
Speaker 2: Alicia Hart, Alicia Keys, no.
Speaker 6: No mess, Joan Heart?
Speaker 4: Is it? Ither one of it? Don't say?
Speaker 12: What is it?
Speaker 4: I don't want to know? Say it again?
Speaker 2: Alicia Hart's I know a artist?
Speaker 4: Alicia a real name.
Speaker 3: It's a massive artist.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's pink a l e or yeah, three.
Speaker 3: More, okay, Christina Claire Simonella.
Speaker 2: Christina Sagulele, say it again, Christina Claire Semonella, I can totally.
Speaker 5: Be pristy, Chrissy Tagan Country music, Oh say again, Carly Pearce.
Speaker 3: Christina Claire Simonella, John.
Speaker 5: Party, It's Claire country artist, Samanila Christina.
Speaker 6: What Terry Manila?
Speaker 3: Why not Judge?
Speaker 6: I never got that her last thing is not judg the mom.
Speaker 4: They were all Judds, they all changed their last night.
Speaker 6: They were all Simonilla.
Speaker 5: But what about the Ashley Jed wasn't even in the singing group, right right, go ahead.
Speaker 3: All right, Robin Fente.
Speaker 4: Rihanna Une Fent you read her book? No, I don't make up line.
Speaker 3: That's what like the contour stick and the last one a.
Speaker 4: Belle no no no no no Belle no no no no. That weekend Abelle and Stefani hang a right a song together.
Speaker 6: They're all eating Italian. I never gonna get a names.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: We had Darius Rucker in studio this week, and he's just so much fun to have it, not only because he has great stories to share and he's just like a little ball of sunshine, but.
Speaker 3: Also because his laugh is the top best laugh in country music.
Speaker 2: So whenever he comes in, I just know I'm gonna get a lot of joy from it. So I hope you get some joy like we got when Darius Rucker was in studio for a long time and he talked new music, and he gave us a really big announcement, like huge announcement number three.
Speaker 1: So Bobby Bones Show Interviews in case.
Speaker 5: You didn't know, coming into the studio right now is Darius Rutger. He's got nine number ones. For example, don't think I don't think about it.
Speaker 12: Think out, I don't think about it.
Speaker 4: Maybe all right from two thousand and nine got out. He is releasing a seventh solo.
Speaker 5: Album, Carolyn's Boy, in honor of his mother, on October sixth, which is now and here he is everybody walking in this stew of deres.
Speaker 4: Hello, y'all, y'all, what's up? Hey? Look what I have here? You don't get it, but he's not giving n I got of those kids. Yeah, yeah, we went over.
Speaker 5: It's a South Carolina football and I got uh coach Biember to sign it and their their tailback.
Speaker 4: We went over and spent a day all that. It was awesome. I love him. I love coach Bamer, did you get to see the studio?
Speaker 12: What studio in the in the coach in the UH athletic filly, I built a studio for all the for all the I did not. They over there make beats and make wrap records and stuff. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Well, you asked him how much you donated? He wouldn't tell us. And we're like, how much the Darius donated?
Speaker 4: We're like off the record and he's like, I can't tell you that. I love that dude's level.
Speaker 5: It's it's cool too to have, like cause you're a big South Carolina guy. You're in a South Carolina sweatshirt. Yes, Like I feel like that South Carolina team. Although maybe this year has not been so far as good as they, I feel like that's that the direction is up.
Speaker 12: We are the Jess right now. We're moving on up.
Speaker 4: That stock market erow is up for South Carolina.
Speaker 12: Yes, I love it. I love it. You know, it's tough to win in the SEC as you know, being an Arkansas f but uh, we're on the way up. We just want to win once, just once. We don't need we don't need a dynasty. We just want one.
Speaker 5: Have you watched the Florida documentary on Netflix. Yeah, so were you like, this is basically just an Urban Meyer all. It is like a glorified Urban Meyer projecting like that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 5: I was like I wanted to I wanted like some And the reason I asked because Arkansas played in the Sea Championship game and we lost. But that's only time we've ever been. But then I was watching, I was like, I want like some of the drama.
Speaker 12: And there was some drama they just didn't show.
Speaker 4: He just didn't show fifty arrests. They didn't get to any of them. It was Urban I work hard, so.
Speaker 6: Like he is a he is a coach was arrested.
Speaker 5: Or nons of them, but they really didn't talk about the drama of that.
Speaker 4: Of the team.
Speaker 5: It's basically Tibo, who I really like, and Urban may or who whatever, but Urban whatever, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Isn't he Isn't he lovely?
Speaker 12: He's a He is so nice. That's such a genuinely good person that I always said that if Tim Tebow's good in bad, God's not there.
Speaker 5: Yeah he's perfect saying, but I am always like, is this dude real?
Speaker 4: Because he's so kind he's so perfect.
Speaker 5: He must be like torturing animals in his basement or something too, but he's not.
Speaker 4: I went and did uh like I did.
Speaker 5: Fine Bomb and t Bow was was there at the same time, and I'm like, I don't want to bother him, and he came and sought me out.
Speaker 4: I was like, Bobby, why don't you come say hi? Like that? Dude is so nice and he's one of the rare that it is. He kind of is what you see.
Speaker 12: It's real. It's I've known to him a long time and he's just an amazingly, amazingly nice guy. And it never breaks care.
Speaker 4: He never breaks break. I tried to get him to break too. I was like, you want some drugs? And he was like, he's like, no, man, sure don't. I dang it all right, man, I don't even do drugs. And I was like, hey, man, I will try next.
Speaker 5: He want.
Speaker 4: Just generic drug? You want some drugs? And see what he says? How you been?
Speaker 12: I'm good? Man? How about you?
Speaker 4: I know you're good. I see you everywhere I'm working.
Speaker 12: Yes, you're working on I'm working. Yeah, I love it. Proud of you, man.
Speaker 5: I haven't we haven't seen each other in a bit. So what's I know, you have the new album. I definitely talk about that in a second. But what what have you been doing?
Speaker 12: Nothing?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 12: You know, touring that tour, that tour it all summer which was great. Uh. You know, kids are now going to college and graduating college and everybody's out of the house. So I'm just uh, playing a lot of golf, have a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: Is it weird to have kids graduating because that's like real, they're real, real, real adults.
Speaker 12: Now, Yeah, it's it's weird. It's it's weird having the last one go to college, you know, and and leave town and leave this, you know, leave the house. It's pretty pretty weird. But uh, I'm proud of my kids. Ay're all doing great.
Speaker 4: So are you in Tennessee most of the time now?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, predominantly you're here.
Speaker 12: Yeah Jack, you know, after Jack left high school in Charleston. You know, it's just I'm here mostly now just because it's I like Tennessee. It's easier.
Speaker 4: Do you live near a golf course?
Speaker 12: I live right on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I knew that. I just don't want to say I want to go to say that.
Speaker 5: Do you just walk out the back door, and will you play like a hole or chip in the evening?
Speaker 12: Yes, I live right on number three and I'll keep on my golf cart and go, you know, chip or whatever I want to do. I love it.
Speaker 4: That's the line.
Speaker 12: That's the.
Speaker 4: What is your handicap?
Speaker 12: It's three point nine? I think right now?
Speaker 4: It's good. Do you constantly? Is it always moving? Yes?
Speaker 12: I got down to a one to seven earlier this year. Wow. Yeah, I shot sixty nine to seventy back to back days, so it plummeted. But uh, it's back up to about a four where it should be.
Speaker 4: And you still love play golf.
Speaker 12: Live for it. It's still I wake up every morning and want to play golf.
Speaker 5: Why are because I play a decent amount? Now, why are we so obsessed with golf?
Speaker 12: Like?
Speaker 4: What is it that?
Speaker 5: Because we could do anything? We can play pickle ball, we could play basketball. What is it about golf that is not just I will do it when I have free time. But it's like an obsession because I have a putter right here behind me, Like I think about it so much.
Speaker 4: Why do you think that is because you.
Speaker 12: Want to get better? It's like I'm never you know I'm I'm okay basketball player, you know, pick a ball I don't have the knees for and everything, Like golf is just it's never the same. Every two, every round is different, and just being outside and being with your buddies. It's just something about golf that I can't play enough. Like I think I'm wanna play three hundred rounds this year. Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, it's awesome golf. You get to do.
Speaker 5: You get to play pretty much. Can you call any wherever and be like, I'm Darius.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know most places I have friends at that I could call and go, hey, man, can we go? Can you take me out to the Pine Valley or you know, Gusta or whatever, and so it's pretty cool. Then when we play a town, I could usually get on the best course in town, just because I'm the golf guy.
Speaker 5: So I got gifted around of golf at Augusta for my birthday a couple of years ago. I've been to the Masters to watch but never been able to play. And I got gifted by my agent, like the head of CIA was like, We're going to gift you this thing. But then I left CIA and I never used it. So now I'm screwed. Yep, no no, no, not yet, or can you ask no no, no, it's not no no.
Speaker 4: So now I'm asking Darius, Darius, when can you get me on?
Speaker 12: I can't help you?
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, well.
Speaker 5: No record promote. We'll see you guys next week. So okay, let's talk about the record here. It's called Carolyn's Boy, Jamam. Obviously, did she get to see any of your success at all?
Speaker 17: None?
Speaker 12: She saw the club early club days and then she died in like eighty nine, and then it was you know that that was tough when we really made it, because she never saw any of it, you know. And I always say, if she was allowed to Dare, her house would be twice as big as mine, you know. And he was just an awesome human being. But that that's something that's always bothered me that she never got to see it.
Speaker 5: So did she have any thoughts or advice about you trying to be a rock and roll artist, because again it's that that there's no sort of security in that. What was her advice to you?
Speaker 12: One? Go do it?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 12: Like I dropped out of college and I was so scared to tell her I wasn't going back, Like I was so scared to go say Mom, I'm not going to college this year.
Speaker 6: What year did you decide to do that?
Speaker 12: Or after my junior year. I was so close a year away, and I thought she was going to destroy me, and she said, if that's what you need to do, do it, you know, And it was just it was she was always my biggest support, of my biggest champion.
Speaker 5: So did she see any sort of optimism regarding you guys when you're playing clubs? Was there was there any movement at all with if you were who do whatever? It was like when you guys were starting to be on the cusp or were you just like starting out before SPA.
Speaker 12: Oh, we were really just starting out. I mean she saw, you know, us go from five people of the club to sell it out a club. But it was, you know, it was we were it was early. It was eighty nine. We didn't get a record deal till ninety one, so it was I think act after that, but ninety two we got a record deal, and so it was she didn't see any All she saw was the clubs getting good, and she was just wanted she wanted She knew I wanted to sing.
Speaker 4: What kind of music. Did she like?
Speaker 12: She loved r and b Ow Green, you know, Ow Green and Glasslide, the Pips and gospel Shirley Caesar was was played in our house all the time. Could she sing much better than me? Do you think that a bet.
Speaker 5: You wanted to sing because you wanted her approval of you singing, because she loved to sing.
Speaker 12: That's one of the things. Because she was the big singer in church. You know, my mom got up to do a solo in church. Everybody was shouting and everything. And so I think seeing her sing and seeing her be that good, I just wanted to take it to a different level.
Speaker 5: Right before my mom died, I went and I hosted with Kelly Rippa on the daytime talk show and I did a song and guitar that said I want my mom to see me on TV. And that was kind of the last that was right before my career really started to take off, so similar ish and but I did at least like start to make a little bit of money. And I make the joke that you know, when I made my first money, I bought the two te's teeth and a trailer about me Teeth and my MoMA trailer and so you know for me, you know, the same way, I wish like she would have been able to see kind of how crazy all of this has become.
Speaker 12: Yeah. Yeah, that's a great way to say it. I wish she had seen how big it got, you know, when we were selling million records a week. I wish you could have seen that, just sat back and go, that's my boy right there. Yeah, that would have been pretty awesome.
Speaker 5: So you named the record this Now, on this record, is there anything that you did that sounds like what she would like or I guess I'm just trying to get into it. You know, you named it after your mom, but you could named any record after your mom.
Speaker 12: Yeah, this record was named after my mom because I was in the studio. It was the first day in the studio and I was having a real bad day, just a bad mental health day, just wasn't doing good. And I sat back and I'll never forget I was just sitting there when they were doing some overdubs or something, and I was in a bad mood, just not a good place, and I just said, man, at the end of the day, I'm just my mo kid. You know, that's really what it would be, just my Mom's Boy, and that just really brought me out of it and I started thinking, well, I'm you know the name its album, Carolyn's Boy, because that was just a great boment for me.
Speaker 4: What do you think she'd be most proud of of you right now?
Speaker 12: My longevity? I think if she was around, she would be so proud that thirty years down the road, I'm still making it and still matter that that that would be pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Are you proud of that?
Speaker 12: That's the thing I'm most proud of?
Speaker 4: Really? What's what's been the key?
Speaker 12: Getting some good friends who support you. Yeah, you know, good friends who support you and and help you out. And great songs. That's always the key. You gotta have the songs.
Speaker 4: Are you constantly listening to songs.
Speaker 12: Constantly listening, constantly writing, already starting to work on the next record. Yeah, it's always. It's always happening.
Speaker 5: And it's gotta be tough when you're such a good writer, which you are, to also listen to songs and have at times to pick a song you didn't write.
Speaker 12: That's tough to do. But when it happens, you know, I love the song. Like that song?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 12: If I told you that I had a hit with a long time a few years back. Shane McAnally and a bunch of guys wrote it and it was one of those songs. When I heard it, I called Shane and said, how could you write my life without being in the room? You know? But I had to cut it.
Speaker 5: Who was the first artist that you heard sing a song or maybe writer writer artist that you thought that they're saying what I they're.
Speaker 4: Speaking for me? Ooh, actually Gorley like a writer here in town. Yeah.
Speaker 12: I started writing with Ashley. I was like you, and I think exactly, I just want to sit in this room and I want to say three words and I'm gonna let you change them and make them better.
Speaker 5: What about as I al won't say as a kid, but even as a young adult when you're listening to because for me it was John Mayer who would sing and I would be like, oh, man, this guy's saying what I feel like a great comedian sometimes we'll do that.
Speaker 4: You're like, I think the same thing, yeah, but I don't really know how to say it. As a fan. What artists did you listen to? Where you go?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 4: That's kind of like me right there.
Speaker 12: It was alreadyeah like like songs like worldly to Pretend and songs like that just related to I was like, that's that's exactly what I want to say how I would want to say it. And so they were always writing songs that I wanted to do. You ever get to know those guys very well, Michael Stide, Bill Berry, the whole, Mike Mills. Actually, this is you're getting an exclusive right now. This is something no one's ever that we're not even talking about. But Mike Mills from im uh Book Rick Book, who's a guitar player who plays with everybody, and Steve Gorman, who's the drummer Black Crows. We got a band. We've been in the studio three times.
Speaker 4: You've got a band.
Speaker 12: We're doing a record.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's it called Booty and the We haven't named it yet.
Speaker 12: We haven't named it yet, but yeah, we're gonna do something special.
Speaker 4: But what kind of band? Is it going to be?
Speaker 12: Rock and roll? Straight rock and roll? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Interesting?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Rock?
Speaker 4: What do you mean straight rock and roll?
Speaker 12: It's it's like Steve said, it sounds like you took those We took our three bands pulling together and made a record and it just rocks. Man, it's just I was just so proud of it. It just rocks.
Speaker 4: What's it? What's a record to you? Song wise?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: How many tracks? I'm sure that's changed over the years.
Speaker 12: Uh, thirteen for regular and then you got to, you know, put two in for Spotify, two in for Apple.
Speaker 5: So really, how do you pick which tracks you put in for the Spotify, Apple or Target?
Speaker 4: Is it like these are pretty good?
Speaker 12: No? I have recorded so much for a record, and I usually like all the songs I record, So you just picked the ones and then there's always live stuff sitting around that they want to use, so you do.
Speaker 5: That live STEP's always a good yeah, because that's still the hit.
Speaker 12: Yeah. You know you can put letter Cry on there and everybody's happy.
Speaker 4: How many versions Letter Cry have you recorded over the years?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 4: Lot? Darius. We appreciate the time going to talk to you man.
Speaker 12: Always good.
Speaker 4: Thanks Darius.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week. With Morgan number.
Speaker 3: Two, we got an update from Lunchbox.
Speaker 2: He may be homesick, but the Palette investment situation had a deadline and it.
Speaker 3: Got missed because he's homesick. So we got an update. When are we actually going to get the palette in studio. What's about to happen should he get the pillory?
Speaker 2: Just a whole lot of things, all updates that you want to know about the palette, And I just you, guys, I have a feeling this palette may never happen, and if it does, nothing is going to be sold from it. That's just my that's my prediction, and I could definitely be wrong. I hope I'm wrong for the sake of everybody's money.
Speaker 5: Number two, mister Covid back on with us lunchbox from what's being called the COVID Dome because everybody's got COVID in his house.
Speaker 4: How are you feeling today, buddy?
Speaker 16: I'm good man. You know, rock and rolling.
Speaker 11: Okay, doesn't sound like it.
Speaker 16: What do you mean, No, I sound like Eddie all time now?
Speaker 4: Or what's what's you saying? Nasally? Shots fired immediately between these? Hey you kind of do though, dude?
Speaker 16: Wow, I know I thought that earlier. I was like, man, this is what Eddie does like every day.
Speaker 4: So do you still have symptoms?
Speaker 16: I mean, I just sound like this, don't I. I mean, I don't know if that's a symptom.
Speaker 4: Do you have a sore throat running nose.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, I got a little bit.
Speaker 4: Of that would be a symptom.
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I guess that's a symptom.
Speaker 4: You're still not feeling great.
Speaker 5: So once he gets back to feeling good and no symptoms, he can come in. Yeah, but he has to wear a mask according to company policy.
Speaker 16: Tomorrow day.
Speaker 5: No, I'm thinking you don't come in until Monday, honestly, Okay.
Speaker 13: But seems that back in the day, company policy was you had to have a mask, but then if you were on the mic, you could take it off.
Speaker 4: Eddie missed like a month back of the day, I couldn't come back for two.
Speaker 11: Months, yes, dude, And I couldn't come back until there was a positive a negative test.
Speaker 4: And every time I.
Speaker 11: Went there like you're not going to get one, Like it's going to be positive for the next like three months.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: Well that was back in the day.
Speaker 9: Day.
Speaker 6: But just back in the day, I feel like it was like you have to have a mask.
Speaker 4: He's going to work in a different room. Okay, he's gonna be a different room. Okay, Yeah, he's not great. Yeah, A couple of things we want to dress with you. Number one, we have a palette. There's no palette of Amazon stuff.
Speaker 16: Oh yeah, man, I mean this sickness kind of interfered with my able to go pick it up like just I mean, yeah, I didn't. There was no on the docket, there was nothing about COVID coming, and so I didn't plan for that. So I was able unable to go purchase the palette. So when I get back next week, me and Scuba and they'll pick up a palette, we'll be good to go.
Speaker 4: So what's the new deadline you'd like to enforce on yourself?
Speaker 16: The new deadline is whatever Scuba is comfortable would be.
Speaker 4: No, we can't leave we can't do vague. We can't leave it vague.
Speaker 6: That's true, being in a car with him.
Speaker 16: For that's I'm saying. I mean, it's it's up to Scuba's comfortability.
Speaker 4: Comfortability, Scuba, what's the deadline?
Speaker 10: Because our listeners they're telling us not to do it, but they also want to hear us buy this palette of returned goods and see if we can make any money.
Speaker 4: Deadline, he shouldn't come back until Monday, let's right. Yeah, I'm looking at my calendar here, so that'd be money.
Speaker 5: The ninth I think you'd given until the end of that week, so the third another week.
Speaker 4: I mean, I can give another year. He still probably woudn't have it, to be honest with you, A good point. So he does have our money though, that's what that's a problem. Yeah, and he has my money now too, gave Okay, so next friday, we need we need in the studio by next Friday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 16: I mean if business is brocking.
Speaker 4: If not, we want our money.
Speaker 6: Back, we'll go buy a.
Speaker 4: No that's money gone or what?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, we need you have until next Friday to get in here our money back.
Speaker 16: Okay, Hey, the pal will be there, don't worry about that.
Speaker 4: Why are you doing high register right now?
Speaker 16: That's just that's that's the COVID man COVID talk.
Speaker 5: Also, nobody won that billion dollars in the lottery. Are you still playing the lottery even though you're sick?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I've been playing that lottery. I mean, listen, it's listen. I apologize to the gas station workers, but it is worth the risk of them getting sick and me being a billionaire.
Speaker 4: No, you've been going in with COVID or.
Speaker 16: What do you want me to do? Man, let's let's say let's just let's just say that the gas station by my house is the one that sells the winning ticket, and I don't go because I have a little sickness. Do you think I would be able to live with myself? Do you think?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 16: How? Oh you know what I mean? Good job, lunchbox, you.
Speaker 8: Know what I mean?
Speaker 16: No, that would be my opportunity to be almost a billionaire.
Speaker 5: Well, are we playing it again, Excuba because we didn't win the last twenty bucks I gave you.
Speaker 16: Oh, you are going to live targeting.
Speaker 4: We're playing tonight for sure.
Speaker 16: I'm talking about everybody in that room, everybody in the glassroom, everyone in the side room. Everyone that clean is cleaning the bathrooms in that building.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 16: In a moment of weakness, when I am down on my bed, like you know, ill and sick, we need to rally around me. Okay, and you know what will bring me back more than ever? Like what will make me feel better than Oh you know, this.
Speaker 5: Is the worst New Rockney speech I've ever heard. Yeah, yeah, it's just like I'm in for twenty bucks. You can do it, lunchboxes, honor or not, I don't.
Speaker 4: Care he's in his deathbed. There his sickness, his illness. When I'm in the bedline of sickness.
Speaker 16: Let me tell you I will rise. Ohay, if we win a billion dollars, I mean I will instead of taking cap bill and tile and all and drinking gatorade, I will drink a hundred dollar bill to make myself feel better.
Speaker 6: What is that?
Speaker 4: None of this I don't understand.
Speaker 5: I sent you my twenty Scuba venmo. It's October, a billion bucks a night.
Speaker 6: Okay, Soca win one for the give sorright we've been with Scuba?
Speaker 4: Or what can we win anything with that last one? We won eight dollars. I'll reinvest that though, and that could be winning.
Speaker 5: Ticket if you're in s Scuba. The Venmo for twenty have been my wife now I just sent to his wife.
Speaker 16: Just think about it. It's a one billion dollars. If you think something will change your life, you have to be ready.
Speaker 4: For you have to convince us that a billion dollars will change our life. We already know that. Yeah, this is lunchbox. Thank you. Hope you feel better. Buddy?
Speaker 16: Wait wait, whoa, don't think up me yet? I mean, just imagine, no no, no.
Speaker 5: No, okay, we're done right, thank you, let's play this. We'll check with him tomorrow. All right, lunchbox, everybody.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: And coming in at that number one spot, we had listeners Christa and Nicholas in studio.
Speaker 3: They were hanging outside the studio.
Speaker 2: They were hoping they get a sea Bobby and say hi to everybody. Well, so many saw them on our Bobby Bone Show b Team Facebook page that they were standing outside of the studio with a sign that said morning studio.
Speaker 3: And we brought him in and Nicholas got to play easy.
Speaker 2: Trivia and got to win one hundred dollars of Bobby's money if he got all the questions right. So you got to listen right now to find out how well he did. And I'm just saying, this kid is smarter than all of us for sure.
Speaker 4: Number one.
Speaker 5: In front of the building, there was a mom and a kid and the kid was holding a sign and a kid what do sign say?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 4: What does sign say? It says morning studio. Come on, hey, guys, grab a seat here. We got a moment kid. They're in Pittsburgh Penguins a hockey gear. I assume you're in ke up the microphone right there? Hi kid?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 4: What's your name?
Speaker 9: Nicholas?
Speaker 4: Are you a Pittsburgh Penguins fan?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that your hockey team or is that the team you love at home?
Speaker 9: It's my hockey team both.
Speaker 4: Oh, so you're from Pittsburgh and it's you're the team you play for? Is the Penguins?
Speaker 9: Well yeah kind of. So there's like a there's like the Penguin's elite, like a junior Penguins yea, and then there's the real Penguins.
Speaker 4: And you're the real Penguins. You playing the NHL.
Speaker 5: NHL.
Speaker 4: That's crazy. So you're from Pittsburgh?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Did you drive or fly to Nashville along with that? Drive? Him? Mom?
Speaker 7: Eight and a half nine hours?
Speaker 4: Are you mom?
Speaker 6: I am I mom?
Speaker 4: Uh So? How was it? Was it drive fun or was it boring?
Speaker 9: It was fun?
Speaker 4: And why are you here to in Nashville for a hockey tournament? NHL? So you play hockey? How old are you ten?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 4: What position do you play?
Speaker 9: Goalie?
Speaker 4: But you're not like a bit like like I thought goalies were.
Speaker 5: Like real big guys, not like like those are all the pads like mighty, Oh those are pads.
Speaker 4: Yeah? I thought their skin got it? So you are pads.
Speaker 6: So are you pretty good ice skater? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do you do figure skating?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: I would I figure skating?
Speaker 5: Do you ever do like tricks out on the ice while the other teams on the other side like skate.
Speaker 9: Around sometimes if I get bored you?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So are you pretty good since you're traveling for hockey?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the team's good. And so mom, you are the driver and the coach and the number one cheerleader?
Speaker 7: What manager?
Speaker 4: Manager?
Speaker 9: Yeah, cheerleader, cheerleader.
Speaker 4: Do you hear in the crowd sometimes?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, even with the helmet on? And what does she say? She's like, oh, I love that a favorite chant. And you guys thought you because we usually we don't. You know, the building's pretty secure. Obviously there's no way to get in. But somebody saw you and said you probably didn't have a knife on you, so we thought we'd bring you guys in to say hi.
Speaker 4: And how long have you guys been outside?
Speaker 17: We stopped by yesterday, okay, and then we were outside today for half.
Speaker 4: Hour in the rain. Is that why the signs wet?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I was gonna say you guys are very good at riding. So this tournament here are you Here's like a championship? Are you here to win the tournament? Are you just yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And what's Pittsburgh like right now? Is it cold yet?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 9: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Do you like cold?
Speaker 9: I only like it. I only like it coold when it snows.
Speaker 5: When you wear all the gear, does that mean you're slower than everybody else skating because you have all the gear on?
Speaker 9: Yeah? If I do have to skate, I am a bit slow.
Speaker 5: Can you ever do the play where you got you take the puck and you go score like do they call it like the the goalie run?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 9: You can't pass the red line. You can't pass center ice?
Speaker 12: Really?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And how did you get into hockey? Because I grew up in a state where we didn't have I'm from Arkansas. There really wasn't hockey there. I'm sure there was a little bit, but it wasn't cold enough really to have hockey that culture.
Speaker 4: We didn't have an NHL team.
Speaker 5: You guys have the Peingues, which I saw beat the Press in the Stanley Cup a few years ago. Yeah, why are you laughing? So what do you love about hockey?
Speaker 9: I don't know. It's just a fun sport. It passes time. It's very fun.
Speaker 5: That's like the show passes time, you know, we fill five hours. I hear you were looking for the twenty dollars in the green room. Yeah, we didn't know you were coming in. We put the twenty dollars in there for guests to see if they steal it. But we didn't know you were coming in, and we don't think you steal twenty bucks anyway.
Speaker 4: Oh, he looks up in this guy.
Speaker 5: Do you have a favorite artist, like a favorite singer that's played on the show sometimes?
Speaker 9: Abby, I like, Abby, Okay, this is what.
Speaker 4: We're gonna do. Then.
Speaker 5: So this is Krista and Nicholas from Pittsburgh. They listen a big one oh four to seven. You guys hang out for a second. Yeah, Abby, since they want it, we're gonna play your song.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Krista and Nicholas are in studio.
Speaker 5: They're listeners who drove down who stood in front of the building with a sign that said morning studio. And we were about to go on the air, and you said, you can't you can't believe.
Speaker 4: What Krista I can't believe her here.
Speaker 7: I can't believe this is happening.
Speaker 5: What was best case scenario in your mind that if you came and stood in front of the building, what was going to happen?
Speaker 9: We would see your car?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we watched you drive by and wave.
Speaker 4: That was best case scenario?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 4: And what was worst case scenario?
Speaker 17: That you were off doing something and not even.
Speaker 9: Here in Nashville?
Speaker 4: Did you think that we were here?
Speaker 17: We were listening to the podcasts, We were listening live this morning to try to figure it out. Yeah, and we saw your parking spot.
Speaker 4: We were like a guess what, we're here? But that's awesome.
Speaker 5: So, Nicholas, are you pumped about this hockey tournament in your town for Can you guys win it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course? And is your team pretty good?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And so what's the gold? Do you want to be a hockey player in college?
Speaker 4: Late you do? And do you want to keep playing goalie?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay? And do you train a lot?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 4: And is it your passion?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 6: What are your grades like in school?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 14: Mom?
Speaker 4: Is that true? He does good? Is he a great Kid's amazing?
Speaker 6: He seems pretty perfect. Can you give me what are your tips.
Speaker 4: What's wrong with him?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's it? So you have a girlfriend.
Speaker 5: No, that's that's why it's nail, No need for that. You got plenty of time play hockey and you have a best friend.
Speaker 4: Yes, is he here on the hockey team?
Speaker 5: No, No, he's probably not near the athlete You are probably jealous of you.
Speaker 9: Huh he played soccer.
Speaker 4: Oh it's good. Yeah. I was trying to get a little beef going here, a little kid beef.
Speaker 6: Now he's supportive.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm super appreciative that you guys stop by. That's super cool. And I thought best case scenario of me waving wasn't good enough. I thought this was What do you think? What do you think about this place? Is it smaller, bigger than you thought? Like, now you're in the room with us, you're sitting next Nicholas. What do you think about this?
Speaker 9: It's bigger than I thought?
Speaker 12: Really?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And do you ever watch on YouTube or Instagram and kind of see stuff and when you think about Amy over there, does she look like kind of what you thought she would?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And then what about Eddie over there?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, yeah, just making sure what about me?
Speaker 13: Yeah? Yeah, what's your favorite thing that you know we do on the show.
Speaker 6: Or what do you enjoy listening for easy trivia?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, that's Are you good at it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do you feel like you're pretty good? Okay, let's do a little run easy trivia with us to do it? All right, let's do it. Okay, we're gonna do easy trivia.
Speaker 5: And here's the deal, Nicholas, every question you get, right, I don't want to hurt his amateur status.
Speaker 4: But if he's playing for trivia, that's a whole different game. Right. I can give him like a dollar for every question to get that won't That won't mom?
Speaker 5: That's okay, right, yeah, that won't hurt his amateur status as a hockey player. It's like a nil deal. Great, well not, no, I don't think so. Okay, are you ready? Ten questions? Ten year old Nicholas from Pittsburgh who drove down with his mom.
Speaker 4: You have a game. We got to go to a game today. Do you need to go now?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: Here? Oh he's got to go.
Speaker 6: Wait preface at a plus student.
Speaker 4: Yes, ready? How many legs does a spider have? Eight? And that was one dollar?
Speaker 5: Okay, what's the name of the toy cowboy? And toy story two dollars.
Speaker 4: He's good.
Speaker 5: He dominate you guys. He's already the champ. Okay, let's get a little harder here. What's the color of an emerald?
Speaker 6: The Wow, he doesn't even hesitate. Okay, take my crown?
Speaker 4: Okay, Like Abby argues with her brain and NIKEL he.
Speaker 5: Said, come on, okay, Nick, let's question four. Whose nose grew longer every time he lied? Yeah, he's not going to miss any of these. Come on, you'm a hard one, dude, all right? What oceans off the California coast got him?
Speaker 4: Don't look at your mom. Don't cheat off a California coast the Pacific? That's correct, here's awesome. What were you.
Speaker 6: Doing in your head there picturing the map?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, you're not gonna get this one because it's too old school for your ten year old?
Speaker 4: You ten year old? Here we go. What's the response to see you later? Alligator?
Speaker 9: After a while? Crocodile?
Speaker 4: Unbelievable?
Speaker 5: Wow, I'm gonna go broke, Bucky planning stat Okay, okay, okay, you have four left?
Speaker 4: Who wrote the How the Grinch Stole Christmas?
Speaker 9: Doctor?
Speaker 6: Okay? Is this what you were like?
Speaker 5: When you were ten, and you know what, it's almost insufferable. So yes, the answer is yes, I get it. But he's way more of an athlete than I was, Like I was that with the but no, okay, two questions left.
Speaker 4: What did caterpillars turn into? Correct? Wow? One question and he runs the entire category, getting a little jealous.
Speaker 6: Over here, can you tutor me?
Speaker 4: Where is the Great Pyramid of Giza?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It's correct for ten? Well, okay, hold on for o'clap. I'm gonna give you a chance.
Speaker 11: Here whoa, whoa, he's getting the w Hey, this is awesome, Nicholas.
Speaker 4: This is the best part of my day. Okay, I'm in I'm in the wallet here, Nicholas. You can wager at all, and if you get it right, you go from ten dollars what is that? One hundred dollars? Nicholas, do it.
Speaker 5: But if you get it wrong, I'm not gonna give you any money. And the question is going to be hard. Do you want to rate?
Speaker 4: Do you want to wager the ten to make a hundred?
Speaker 9: I'm gonna wager.
Speaker 4: That's awesome. Come on, Nicholas, Nicholas, spell Bronosaurus. We can do it. Do it slow. Do you know what a bronosaurus is? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like yeah, okay, brontosaurus for one hundred dollars Nicholas, B correct.
Speaker 15: R yep, oh yeah M correct T yep oh correct? What yeah A yeah you are b R O.
Speaker 4: N T O s A U R ronosaurus us. That is correct. Wow, Nicholas. Take a picture of this.
Speaker 5: Take the other having one hundred dollars Bill Nicholas, Wow, wow, dude.
Speaker 4: This is how they do business deals. Hold that right there, Hold it there.
Speaker 5: He is Nicholas with one hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Wow, congratulations, buddy.
Speaker 5: Wow did lose one hundred buck to day?
Speaker 4: That was not part of the schedule and a ten year old came in and got.
Speaker 5: Took it, took it, took it. Yes, good job, buddy, Thank you. I'm really proud of you. You came in, you crushed it.
Speaker 4: You have a great, great energy, great attitude. Are you a hard worker when you play hockey?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Are you are your leader on the team? How long you've been listening to the Bobby.
Speaker 9: Bone Show since I was in kindergarten?
Speaker 4: Know what about you?
Speaker 8: Mom?
Speaker 6: How long you've been listening since he's been in kindergarten?
Speaker 4: So five years or so driving.
Speaker 7: Him the school six years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's awesome. Well, big one of four seven of Pittsburgh.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys, everybody who listens there, and I hope you guys win the tournament.
Speaker 4: Penguins.
Speaker 5: Are you playing other teams from all over the country or do you come and play a bunch of teams from like.
Speaker 17: This, this region I believe, from all around here?
Speaker 4: Really? All right? Well, if you win that trophy, I want you send me a picture on DM you holding that trophy. A all right?
Speaker 5: And so you didn't get twenty bucks from the green room, which you got a hundred bucks form my wallet, which is even better.
Speaker 6: Wait, what are you going to do with the hundred.
Speaker 4: Probably don't the charity?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 4: Probably?
Speaker 5: No, No, here's what I well, no, here's what I say. I will donate one hundred bucks to whatever charity you want me to, but you have to spend that on yourself.
Speaker 4: Deal. Okay's like, that's it.
Speaker 5: And when you leave, you just tell us, Scuba Steve, what charity you want me to donate to, and I'll do that. So you haven't meant to think about it. But you take that money and you spend it on yourself promise.
Speaker 6: Well, but yeah, Nicholas as a ten year old, what will you get yourself?
Speaker 5: You just got the hundred manak video games or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm talking about what do you play? What's your game?
Speaker 9: Mad and NHL?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I play a lot of Madden. You have the new one twenty four? No, oh you should get it? Yeah? No, there we go.
Speaker 11: Okay, all right bone, since they have the sign, should we do a morning studio?
Speaker 4: Do they want it?
Speaker 12: Like?
Speaker 4: Maybe he can start it? Do you want to do that? Do it like when people call it, go ahead, morning studio?
Speaker 5: Morning?
Speaker 4: There it is?
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you very much. That's Krista and Nicholas. Krista, thank you for coming in.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, sitting out front because that's super cool. Do you guys do that? Nicholas, good luck, buddy, Hope you crush it. And everybody listening a big one of four. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 2: All right, y'all, that's it for me this weekend. It's time for me to go celebrate. This is birthday weekend. Yesterday aka Friday, October sixth, was my thirtieth birthday, so I am off celebrating and I need to be celebrating all weekend. So even if it's not your birthday weekend, I hope you go celebrate something, even if it's something small, in honor of me and my birthday. Please go celebrate yourself, your family, your loved ones, your friends.
Speaker 3: I don't care, but go celebrate. I love y'all.
Speaker 6: Bye, Just my hobby ball sh